[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conspiracy 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10
File: image.png (600 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
600 KB, 750x1334
Fuck yes. Conspiracy 2!

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-conspiracy-2

What do you guys want in it?
>>
I want them to not do it and focus on fixing their garbage constructed formats.
>>
Same thing I want in every set.

A R/W dragon.
>>
>>45577028
This guy gets it.
>>
>>45577035
For EDH?

I am hoping they bring back Myriad. It is perfect for this format.

>>45577028
Constructed sucks compared to limited. Fact.
>>
Did you guys not draft Conspiracy?
>>
>>45577198
>tfw live in middle of fucking nowhere
I've never drafted before in my life, I've never been at a location with enough magic players that were willing to pay for 3 boosters so we could hold a draft

but I hear good things about conspiracy
>>
>>45577231
Oh wow. I'm sorry. You are missing out. I'd recommend MTGO, but MTGO sucks and it doesn't support Conspiracy anyway.

Do you have friends who play MTG? If you are the kind of guy who doesn't hate cracking packs, you could buy a box, draft it and just keep all the cards afterward. Maybe give a few packs out as prize packs. That way it is essentially a free draft for people.
>>
>>45577058
>bought a full, cheap sets of commons/uncommons from orgins
>draft and sealed all night long with friends
>was only $25

Why is limited so great? People who love Magic but think it's super expensive should really look into limited.
>>
>>45577375
People are far too eager too latch onto the "pay to play" aspect of limited.

As though constructed is any different.
>>
>>45576901
Wait, so.
That last MTGDeepthroat tweet about the whole thing being a PR stunt for Conspiracy 2 was true?
The ruse is real. I'm seriously not even mad, this is amazing.
>>
>>45577530
Hm? How so? I don't see a connection other than them predicting Conspiracy 2, which was pretty obvious.
>>
>>45577563
They didn't predict it in the sense of saying "there will be Conspiracy 2". They said "This is a joke account made to promote Conspiracy 2".
>>
I'm ok with this.
>>45577035
You and I, we are brothers in arms. Our wait will not be in vain
>>
What mechanics do you want them to bring back? Which ones do you want them to skip?

Personally, I liked most of them. I'd definitely keep dethrone. I might cut parley even though I loved it.
>>
Can't wait. I've given up on 60 card constructed so I'm okay with this
>>
So are we getting more Dack plot? Are we getting more fun mechanics? Will conspiracy 3 have another late 80's tier sub-title?
>>
>>45577982
>What mechanics do you want them to bring back?
All of them, honestly. Maybe cut Dethrone because it felt the most tacked-on, but if they did that they'd have to replace it with something similar that also emphasized gunning for the player with the most advantage because that was a lot of fun.

Maybe something like "join forces" from Commander? I think a card like Mana-Charged Dragon might make a perfect fit for a format like this.
>>
File: mspaint cant save pngs.png (9 KB, 431x34) Image search: [Google]
mspaint cant save pngs.png
9 KB, 431x34
OP forgot the most important part.

>>45578279
My dream is that every conspiracy sequel have a cheesy subtitle.
>>
>>45576901
I really hope I can enter some proper drafts this time. None of my friends play magic and the guy leading the tournament at the store didn't seem to get that it's a multi-player format. It took my fifteen minutes to explain while some other guys already started playing 1 verses 1 after he told them it was cross-pairing.
>>
>>45577982
Flavor wise Dethrone seems like a solid pick to keep, considering this is Conspiracy 2: Ghost King Boogaloo. We can also definitely expect Conspiracies to return. Since we're keeping the multiplayer draft environment, clockwork creatures would be really hard to them to leave out, as they are the only cards aside from the conspiracies themselves that would directly reference the draft. Will of the council is almost assuredly making a return as well, if only because of its popularity outside of Conspiracy drafts.
>>
>>45578296
>>45578368
I hope we get rid of dethrone to be honest, its another boring +1/+1 counter ability, and in multiplayer games having the highest life doesn't necessarily represent being in the lead since life doesn't measure board state.
>>
>>45578405
I expect them to keep it exactly because it's a boring +1/+1 counter mechanic. If anything parley is probably getting dropped in favor of something like overload.
>>
>>45578444
Oh no that's my expectation as well, but a man can dream can he not?
>>
>>45578305
Yeah, I'm on my phone, my bad. But it wasn't like other conspiracy was overpriced.

>>45578405
I liked Dethrone because it encouraged attacking which is so fucking important in a 4 player environment as otherwise games stall out. It also had some fun interactions with life gain in that set.

But I dunno, if you were to make a new mechanic to encourage people to be aggressive and make enemies in a 4 player format, what would it be?
>>
>>45578496
Honestly, rather than a mechanic that directly interacts with creatures, I'd put in something that gives a spell multiple targets based on some condition, like overload, radiance, or the Echoing cycle mechanic from darksteel.
>>
>>45578654
That's a cool idea. I just worry about discouraging people from playing stuff from their hand. There's a reason echoing courage was the only one they brought back in the original conspiracy.
>>
>>45578496
Drawing cards is always a good reason to attack somebody.
Something like 'Whenever this creature attacks the player with the most cards, draw a card'
Or something that let people destroy the dominant player's stuff:
'Whenever this creature attacks the player with the most permanents, you choose a permanent that player controls. That player sacrifices it.'
>>
File: 1379140182103.gif (331 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1379140182103.gif
331 KB, 500x373
>>45576901
DACKFUCKINGFAYDEN
>>
>>45578726
Man, if they reprint him in either Eternal Masters or this set, mine will definitely tank in value. Not that he's a whole lot, but still.

>>45578699
Hm, something like a mix between dethrone and the Pulse of the X mechanic? That could be fun. Hard to make it elegant though.
>>
>>45578699
>Something like 'Whenever this creature attacks the player with the most cards, draw a card'
I like this much better than the destroy effect, which feels way too strong, and it makes flavor sense considering that the revolutionary elements in this will be opposing Brago's faction (UW) who will probably have plenty of cards in hand to trigger it.
>>
File: fSAd2MD.jpg (30 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
fSAd2MD.jpg
30 KB, 1000x1000
>>45578794
>mfw opened foil Dack

Still holds value
>>
>>45576901
>What do you want
a creature with dethrone and myriad on it.
jeskai brago
dack comming back
>>
File: Holyshit.jpg (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Holyshit.jpg
15 KB, 200x200
>>45578881
>pulled a Dack
>never looked at his price

Holy fuck. I thought it was just a $5 mythic.
>>
>>45578881
Trade one for a volcanic island while you can, that shit goes up every time they double down on the reserved list
>>
>>45579328
Legacy likes him. He's a powerful little planeswalker.
he goes great in my edh deck
>>
>>45579607
dack wins games in commander, thats a fact
>tfw a turn 5 nekuzar win because of stolen ramp
>>
>>45576901
Not much, as anything old and relevant to multiplayer is on the fucking RL.
>>
>>45577982
I'd imagine dethrone is coming back. It does a nice job of moving the game along and adds another layer to the politics. Parley wasn't particularly exciting, so it's probably getting replaced with something new. Voting could go either way.

I'm just hoping for more fun draft archetypes. I never get tired of drafting the Blue-Green Screaming Seahawk deck.
>>
I'm glad this set designed around drafting is the regular RRP, unlike Eternal Masters which while supposedly being 'balanced' for limited, is $10, because fuck you.
>>
>>45580372
>>45580372
It was so much fun. Especially if you got the name a card conspiracies. I once named Victimize with the copy a card conspiracy. It was amazing. Victimize has very peculiar wording too, so you can get away with a lot.
>>
More hyped for this than anything else in magic desu, Conspiracy was the tits

Definitely picking up a box
>>
>>45579328
Did you trade it for $5 of value?

Heck he was worth at least $20 during conspiracy launch
>>
>>45580696
I loved the card that let me play Pelekka Wurm in UB control.
>>
>>45580905
No, but since I don't run any R/U decks, I just tossed him in my rare pile and didn't give him a second thought until now.
>>
>>45577375
>Playing with random cards, not the cards you want to play
>only midrange/aggro are vaible, not a way to make combo control decks

Yeah, go with your shitty format away
>>
>>45581327
>combo control decks

Oh yeah, those are really super fun and great and aren't played by complete faggots.
>>
File: 1213478006457.gif (147 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1213478006457.gif
147 KB, 320x240
>>45581327
>he doesn't draft Tutelage in Origins
>>
>>45581327
Point and laugh at this plebian
>>
>>45579607
>>45579665
How are you fucks not mentioning how sweet he is in vintage?
>>
>>45581327
Someone never drafted goblinslide in Khans
>>
>>45581599
Oh yeah, vintage, most popular format in the world.

Though, that is as far as I know the only format Dack sees genuine play in.
>>
>>45581623
>>45581518
>>45581487
>>45581380
You are the excuse Maro uses for not reprinting good cards, and instead give shitty cards
>>
>>45581812
Who gives a shit about good cards? We don't need to cash out for cards just because you and every other fuckwit needs to be the best in some solved format.
>>
>>45581812
Just cause we're a scapegoat doesn't mean we're to blame faggot. I'm all up for more power in limited.
>>
>>45581812
>believing maro has any actual power

He's barely a designer any more, he has no say in development, and he's the public fall-guy for the brand. His tenure and literal observant jewish nature are the only reasons he still has a job at wizards.
>>
File: EN_black-rose_Icon.jpg (141 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
EN_black-rose_Icon.jpg
141 KB, 768x432
I just want my baby back.

If my best girl gets a new edition, I can only hope it works well with the old one because she's one of my favorite EDH decks to play.
>>
>>45576901
Green/Red Selvala, the FUCKING PISSED.
>>
File: LET ME SLEEP OUTSIDE.png (78 KB, 399x240) Image search: [Google]
LET ME SLEEP OUTSIDE.png
78 KB, 399x240
>>45583152
It would fit, too. Selvala is already pissed at Brago for becoming a ghost and trying to hold onto the throne post-mortem, IIRC. She could become a revolutionary element. I'd prefer WR, though
>>45583100
Since Brago is definitely coming back, I wonder how many old legendaries we'll see compared to new ones, because I do hope they make new ones. That was what I liked about Conspiracy, to be honest -- the amount of flavorful legendary creatures with cool abilities.
>>
>>45583524
>Elf
>WR
Naya at best, brahj.
>>
>>45583649
Well, I guess Marchesa was three colors last time, so maybe
if that's the case though I'd rather have a WR dragon
>>
File: dack-fayden.png (574 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
dack-fayden.png
574 KB, 500x750
Do you guys think we'll get another Dack Fayden? Or perhaps a newwalker?
>>
>>45583715
Nah, probs another version of Dack. Probably a whole lot worse too. Ah well.
>>
>>45583715
Probably not Dack unless Conspiracy 2 takes place on Theros, but since it's about Brago probably not.
>>
File: breaking-news.png (369 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
breaking-news.png
369 KB, 640x360
Man, I fucking can't wait. If this is the model now for the summer, I can't wait for next year.
>>
>>45583100
I wouldn't mind seeing a new Muzzio, but hopefully there are enough artifacts in the set to justify drafting him.
>>
>>45576901
Add a pacl/steal a pack combo reprint
Daretti 2.0
More of Grenzo as a high-tier conspirator
More of Selvala.
>>
>>45584042
>Add a pacl/steal a pack combo reprint
Combo? Huh?
>>
>>45584166
Two clockwork creatures. 1 let you add any pack you wanted to the draft already in progress, the other let you take the entire pack that was in front of you, at the expense of not getting any more picks that round.
>>
>>45583993
Not enough Cogworks for ya? There was like one in every other pack.
>>
>>45583715
Could give another legendary a spark? But there will almost certainly be at least one planeswalker.
>>
>>45578496
Myriad
>>
Maybe something that encourages working together, using spells to help another person gives you an upside?
>>
>>45584862
surge?
>>
>>45584973
That wouldn't be too bad actually, surge to make them cheaper and maybe a bonus to your permanent if cast on another player or their permanent.
>>
Neat.
GIVE ME SOME FUCKING LEGACY CARDS YOU KIKES
there is absolutely no doubt when I say that I KNOW you fucking assholes won't print anything good in Eternal Masters
arounds jews, you lose
>>
>>45577614
It was obviously not first-part though, it directly insulted (with great gusto and totally justified) community figures.
Either it's just plain coincidence (most likely), Wizards convinced (read: paid off) Deep Throat to pretend it was all a ruse and told him to say it was for the Conspiracy set they were gonna release anyway, or it's just more damning evidence of insider trading on sets prior to their release.
>>
>>45580590
But Anon, if it were cheaper, everyone would just buy it because it'd be free money and you wouldn't be able to get any!

Huh? Print more than one run? But that'd tank the value of the cards! Don't you have fun paying 800 dollars for a playset of goyfs you can sell in three years? If Goyfs only cost you 2 dollars to buy, you'd never be able to sell them to anyone else for profit!
>>
I'd like them to print some cards that are overpriced to make constructed formats cheaper to break into.

But first and foremost I'd like them to print some fun and interactive cards that build an enjoyable and exciting draft format
>>
>>45584804
This is something I'd love to see. It's the perfect place for it and it's just the right power level for the set. Makes sense with the "spreading out" line.
>>
What if this conspiracy is on Jace's home plane except we have the guarantee that Jace and friends won't be there to fuck it up and the plot is permitted to be interesting/explore the location and lore to a satisfying degree while effortlessly weaving edh staples, entirely new cards and limited fun stuff together?
>>
>>45583715
Dack is stuck on theros, ashiok might show up because he is the reason dack is stuck on theros
>>
>>45590786
Its already confirmed to be in fiora because brago is there. Vryns not for conspiracy.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.