[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Become The Vampire Quest 39
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 7
File: OP Image.png (115 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
OP Image.png
115 KB, 894x894
Become The Vampire 39

It's Monday morning, you find yourself staring up at the ceiling. It's going to be a pretty full day, all things considered. You've got to smooth things over with Sammy at some point, deal with Jennifer and her attempts to get information out of you, Tobias will probably be eager to show off his new angelic powers and Athena hasn't come back after heading off to get ice cream with Andrea so things either went wonderfully or terribly. Either way you need to take your daughter aside for a little chat at some point.

You sit up slowly and notice Meliora asleep in her bed, for the first time in a while. Presence is hovering over her, looking contemplative, and as your eyes start to focus you notice what she's working on. You've heard of the game “Stuff on my cat”, but never “Stuff on my haunt victim's android roommate”. There's a stack of objects ranging from books to metal tools carefully arranged on top of Meliora in a tower that jiggles with each breath she takes. Presents seems torn between topping it with a water balloon or a cream pie.

>Character sheet
http://pastebin.com/4Z1StvHC
>Rules
Same system as Become The Dragon Quest. If you don't know what that is, it's best of three d20 rolls. I name a stat that sums up what you're trying to do, and if I don't name a relevant skill, you try to fill in the blank based on what you're trying to accomplish. “Break open the door” might be Strength based, but if you've been playing baseball after school and there's a lead pipe nearby, you could apply your Baseball skill to the roll. A 20 on the die is a crit threat, and if either of the other two rolls is 20 or higher after mods, it's a critical. A crit fail is when you have two or more 1s. So far this system has worked out well enough. We'll get into combat rules as needed, but in basic terms you have wounds, not HP, and the worse the wounds, the more penalties you accrue while doing other things.

Most Important Rule:
Have fun.
>>
>Give Presense a thumbs up and let her proceed, you've gotta prep for class
>Go for the pie, it'll be funnier
>No need to cream her sheets, use the water balloon
>We've talked about this, Presence. Bad poltergeist
>Let me give you a hand with that, one second
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45535778

Kot X Taret and Oliver X Sammy when?
>>
Need to post link in Twitter boss
>>
>>45535958
I thought that I had
>>
>>45535778

>>45536201
It wasn't showing up for me either.
>>
>>45536239
Odd

I guess we're doing first to two til we get rolling?
>>
>>45535778
>>Give Presense a thumbs up and let her proceed, you've gotta prep for class
>>No need to cream her sheets, use the water balloon

I forget, what happened last thread?
>>
>>45536342
We accidentally had to crush best girl's dreams (in a completely literal sense) due to a bad roll in a previous thread and not wanting to lie, then learned magic with best girl and Tobias (he's a nephilim by the way), then best girl tried to get us to reveal some of her sealed memories.

Something along those lines.
>>
>>45536342
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/45256941/#45256941
>>
>>45536384
Seems legit
>>
>>45536434
Angie and Toby was excellent, boss.
>>
You head for the bathroom and give Presence a thumbs up, before pointing to the water balloon and whispering your innuendo to her. Presence looks at the pie, then at Meliora, and gives you a silent nod and an innocent smile. The moment you step into the bathroom you head a loud, wet smacking noise, a scream, and then the sound of clattering metal and tumbling books. You glance out of the bathroom and spot Presence whistling as she hovers away. From the looks of it, she slam dunked the pie onto Meliora's face full force. Meliora is quivering on her bed, eyes wide with shock and whipped cream covering most of her face.

“I-I... what...?”

Presence drifts to your bag and sinks into it, giving you a wink as she vanishes, and Meliora continues to sit there staring at the poltergeist, stunned, before glaring at your bag.

“What!?”

>Take your shower, clearly this won't escalate any further.
>Try to defuse the situation, Presence is probably just bored
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45536467
Daw, thanks
>>
>>45536493
>>
>>45536493
>>
>>45536493
>Meliora, please do not break my bag. I need it for today to carry my books in.
>Take your shower, clearly this won't escalate any further.
>>
>>45536493
>>Try to defuse the situation, Presence is probably just bored
>>
Schmooze roll, +1
>>
Rolled 6 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45536598
>>
Rolled 17 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45536598
More angry women!
>>
Rolled 7 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>45536598
>unbutton shirt
>>
You walk over to Meliora and start picking up a few of her books.

“I'll help, don't worry. Presence is probably just bored.”

Meliora adjusts her sheets a bit and gets out of bed, grabbing a canister from her bag and shoving it into your hands, taking the books from you in the process.

“Either she stays in this, or she goes. Every time you're not around she's always pulling something, I can't even sleep in my own room anymore. The only reason that I was fine with you letting her out last time was because you said she wouldn't prank me anymore. I put up with her shenanigans as much as I could, but this is the last straw.”

Presence pokes her head out of your bag.

“Just admit it already. You're jealous that I sleep in his bed every night.”

Meliora turns scarlet and glares at Presence before turning back to you.

“Well?”

>Well what? She's the one haunting me, I can't do anything about it.
>Presence, get in the flask.
>Well, it's been fun, but you're overstepping your bounds, Presence
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45536751
>>Other (write-in) Negotiate with Presence. Mel and friends have to be off-limits or into the flask it goes.

Seriously, we'll help her solve her murder (probably) but Mel is really, really touchy about her personal space.
She's like Catherine, but replace fainting with RAGE.
>>
>>45536751
>>45536783
Second.
>>
>Well, it's been fun, but you're overstepping your bounds, Presence
>>
>>45536751
>>45536783
Third
>>
>>45536751
>>45536783
This

Also presence do not piss off the monster killing robot, you count as a monster as of D&D.
>>
You turn the canister over in your hands and turn to Presence.

“We've talked about this, haven't we? I help you with some pranks and find your killer, and you don't prank me or my friends. We had an arrangement, right?”

Presence nods.

“Yep, one that you promptly forgot all about. Sure, we've pranked some people, and I've gone off to do stuff to other people on my own, but the restriction is pretty pointless when you haven't lifted a finger to help me at this point. I've made more progress on my own while you're asleep. So let's renegotiate out agreement. You give me something, some clue or lead, every week, and for the following week you and your friends are untouchable. I won't prank anyone you tell me to avoid. Don't get me something useful, or at least help me with something, and it's no-holds-barred for that week. I'm pretty backed up, after all, and we know what happens when things get backed up.”

Presence winks at you.

>Fine then. I can live with that.
>No deal. I've got my own stuff to deal with, can we widen the time frame a bit?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45536898
>>Fine then. I can live with that.
>Other (write-in) Also, that innuendo was terrible.
>>
>>45536898
>Fine then. I can live with that.
>>
>>45536898 #
>Fine then. I can live with that
>>
“Fine then. I can agree to that.”

Meliora huffs and folds her arms.

“Assuming she can uphold her end of the bargain in the first place. And why do I have to get caught up in the crossfire if your deal goes south?”

Presence springs out of your bag, lunging at Meliora.

“Because I can't keep my hands off cute girls like you?”

Presence licks Meliora's face, leaving a trail of green slime to replace the cream she licked off. Meliora's eyes widen and she stumbles back a bit. Presence cackles and dives back into your bag, and Meliora just stands there awkwardly.

>Want the shower first? I can wait.
>While you're thinking about what to do next, I'm gonna wash up
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45537151
>>
>>45537151
>>
>>45537151
>>
>>45537151
>>Want the shower first? I can wait.

god dammit, Presence...
>>
You gesture to the bathroom.

“Want to wash up first? I can wai-”

“Yes.”

Meliora turns and runs for the bathroom, slamming the door behind herself, and the water turns on almost immediately. You sit down for a moment and relax, going over your notes and making sure that your homework is in order. After about ten minutes and no sign of Meliora you contemplate knocking, but aren't sure if that would be rude or not.

>Knock and ask how she's doing
>Leave it be
>Just get ready without a shower, wash with blood or something
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45537233
>>Just get ready without a shower, wash with blood or something
>>Knock and ask how she's doing
>>
>>45537233
>>Knock and ask how she's doing
Ned help getting the ectoplasm off?
>>
>>45537233
>>Just get ready without a shower, wash with blood or something

the idea of washing using our own blood strikes me as hilarious. Let's do it.
>>
>>45537233
I hope she's doing the thing that results in a flustered robot when we knock.
>>
You head for the door and gently knock, leaning on it slightly.

“Everything alright in there? Need any help getting the slime off?”

You hear a muffled sound from inside that's neither an affirmation or a denial, followed by Meliora's shaky voice.

“I'm fine. Honest. I'll be alright. It's just... taking longer than expected. It's not coming off easily... Um... There's a bath down the hall if you need to wash up, I just... I'll be a minute...”

>Want a hand?
>I'm fine, I've got blood
>I'll see you around then. Have a nice bath.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45537574
>want a hand
>>
>>45537574
>>I'm fine, I've got blood
Wait for the reaction.
>>
>>45537574
>>Want a hand?
>>
>>45537574
>>I'm fine, I've got blood

I really want to see how this works out.
Also, the hilarity of using demonic powers for mundane uses.
>>
>>45537574
>>
File: sexual isnt it.png (404 KB, 897x667) Image search: [Google]
sexual isnt it.png
404 KB, 897x667
>its an BTQM makes a new thread after 2 weeks episode

Just finish all over me senpai
>>
“I'll be alright, I've got blood.”

There's a long pause.

“What?”

You smirk a bit.

“I can just wash myself using my blood. I mean, I can draw my blood back into my veins without adding any dust or dirt to it, right? So I can just rinse myself with blood, wipe myself clean, draw the blood back into myself and dump whatever I washed off down the drain.”

There's another pause.

“You are the strangest human being on the planet besides my father. You're going to baste yourself in blood to clean yourself with blood magic... How are vampire hunters still alive?”

You bite your fingertip and get to work cleaning yourself.

“No idea, but if it works, it works. I could probably get rid of the slime that way too, come to think of it.”

“I'm not letting you bleed all over me.”

You shrug a bit and grab a piece of tissue paper, gathering up the dead skin, sweat and loose hairs and wadding it up to toss in the garbage, before pausing briefly. Having a focus made from skin, hair or other parts of a person's body might be useful for spells in the future, and all you need to do is get your blood on them somehow to get your sample. The possibilities are endless, so long as you can keep up the act of being a giant klutz who's always injuring himself. Or something. You finish up, grab your clothes, draw your blood back into yourself and prep for the day ahead.

>Head to breakfast, then gym class
>Skip class today, work on something
>Other (write-in)
>>
I just realized that I have an internet connection again for the first time in months. I... I kinda wanna take a 30 minute break to play a round of League or something, but that would delay the story...
>>
>>45537767
>I'd let you bleed all over me if you could baby.
>>
>>45537767
>Head to breakfast, then gym class
>>
>>45537767
>>Head to breakfast, then gym class

>>45537779
You're the Qm boss
>>
>>45537767
>>Head to breakfast, then gym class
might find Sammy on the way and talk about the dream life we totally missed out on.
>>
>>45537779
you do what you need.
I was gonna head out and grab a bite soon anyways.
>>
>>45537779
Feel free to. I know the feeling of losing internet for a huge length of time because of shitty ISPs (Read: ISPs).
>>
You get your stuff ready and grab your bag, heading out for breakfast and contemplating how you're going to deal with the people you'll see throughout the day. On the one hand, you can see how things might go well, and on the other, you can see how you might be crucified if you're not careful. You pause in the doorway to the dining hall and spot Sammy with Andrea and Athena. Athena is in her older body, dressed in a school uniform, chatting with Andrea while Sammy just sits beside the pair listening in. Catherine is sitting off to one side with Tobias, who is carrying a thick, worn-looking bible. They seem to be having a heated discussion about something, or rather, Tobias is having a heated discussion at her while Catherine does her best to reply.

>Grab some food and sit with Sammy and company
>Check in with Tobias and Catherine first
>Gather the gang together at one table
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45537779
>playing League
Dropped
>>
>>45537915
What's worse is that I'm a Silver-tier scrub because I don't play the game enough to have any legitimate skill in it.
>>
>>45537913
>>Grab some food and sit with Sammy and company
>>
>>45537913
>>
>>45537913
>>Gather the gang together at one table
>>
You head over to Tobias and Catherine and snag the pair of them to bring over to the others. Catherine looks relieved to have some respite from Tobias' questions, while Tobias looks like he has a lot to say to you, smiling like a madman. When you approach Sammy, Andrea and Athena you get two smiles and a brief nod from Sammy. She looks like she's still upset, though now that you're closer it looks like she's mostly just tired. You sit down and Athena latches onto you, hugging tightly.

“Good morning!”

Andrea nods.

“That's for sure. Did you get your permission slip for the school trip yet?”

You blink, and look at the pieces of paper each of them have in their hands or tucked in among their books.

“No...? What trip? And when did you get those slips?”

Athena gasps.

“The permission slip fairy didn't visit you and give you one?”

Andrea chuckles quietly.

“You can get one from a teacher, you just need someone to sign off on it. A parent, guardian, that kind of thing.”

You look at the table for a moment.

Hmm.

>I'll just ask a teacher I know, they can sign off for me, right?
>So what about orphans? Who do they go to?
>Well, time to track down my mom
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45537913
>>
>>45538158
>>
>>45538158
>>
>>45538158
>>
>>45538158
>>So what about orphans? Who do they go to?
Oh right, only Jennifer knows... Well, Sammy knows half the story.
>>
>>45538158
>I'll just ask a teacher I know, they can sign off for me, right?
>>
You shrug a bit and give them your best smile.

“What about orphans? I don't have anyone to sign off on my paperwork for me. I'm kinda here by myself.”

Athena hesitates for a moment.

“Ah. Well... I mean, if you can get someone in the staff to take custody of you... Or we could just ask Abraham, he'd probably do it.”

>I'll figure it out. I can ask the nurse.
>Abraham might work well
>I could probably just ask Jennifer, right?
>Maybe Fenright...?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45538595
>>Abraham might work well
Ohshit, right, Athena ALSO doesn't know. That's going to be a fun conversation.
>>
>>45538595
>>
>>45538595
>>
>I'll figure it out. I can ask the nurse
>>
>>45538595
>>
>>45538595
>>
>>45538595
>>
“I'll figure it out somehow. I mean, I can just ask the nurse. We're chums.”

Tobias grins.

“Speaking of which, Angie said she wants to see you after school. I've got some studying to do for my... extracurricular activities, and she wants to talk to you about a few things. She wouldn't tell me what, just that it's important.”

He slides something across the table to you, and you pick up the ring, inspecting it. As you hold it in your hand you can feel your magic drifting towards Tobias as though forming a wall between you, or a shield. You smile to yourself. Angie's skill at poker never ceases to astound, except when she's playing against you.

>I may as well head over there now. I mean, she'll give me a hall pass to get to gym class
>Sounds good to me. Thanks for the gift, by the by.
>Give the ring to Athena, she'll need it more anyway
>So, Sammy, how went the family reunion?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45538885
>Give the ring to Athena, she'll need it more anyways.
>>
>>45538885
>>Give the ring to Athena, she'll need it more anyway
>>
>>45538885
>Sounds good to me. Thanks for the gift, by the by.
We can give it later if need be, if we're going on a trip.
>>
>>45538885
>Give the ring to Athena, she'll need it more anyway
>So, Sammy, how went the family reunion?
>>
“Sounds good to me. I'll swing by to see her later.”

You slide the ring over to Athena, and when she takes it from you it promptly vanishes with a soft slurping noise. You turn towards Sammy for a moment, who perks up slightly.

“So, how went the family reunion? Did everything go alright?”

Sammy nods.

“For the most part, yeah, although... My brother wants to meet you at some point, and my sister is...”

Sammy pauses and looks off to one side, eyes widening.

“I have to go, um...”

She turns and runs in the opposite direction, and you turn and spot a young girl, maybe around 10, dressed in a smaller version of the school uniform. She looks like a miniature Jennifer, scowling at Sammy and taking small, purposeful strides towards the table.

>And on that note, see ya!
>Go say hi to Sammy's sister
>Other (write-in)
>>
File: VICTORY.gif (661 KB, 470x258) Image search: [Google]
VICTORY.gif
661 KB, 470x258
>>45539264
>>Go say hi to Sammy's sister
NO FEAR
A little fear
>>
>>45539264
>>
>>45539264
>>Go say hi to Sammy's sister
Oh boy a bitchy bitch loli.
>>
>>45539264
>>
You rise to your feet to meet her halfway and smile.

“Hi there. I'm Oliver. I'm guessing you're Sammy's sister, right?”

She sniffs the air briefly before turning towards you.

“So, you're my sister's chew toy, hmm? You smell like a butcher's shop. A fitting aroma for the partner of someone deserving of mere table scraps.”

She turns away and resumes her slow, dignified walk in the direction Sammy took off in, like she couldn't be bothered with running after her but is more than content to walk her into the ground if need be.

>Follow her and try to strike up a conversation
>Try to get her to leave Sammy alone
>Head back to the table, maybe Andrea can tell you more
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45539486
>>Follow her and try to strike up a conversation
>>
>>45539486
You won't escape befriending so easily.
>>
>>45539486
>>
>>45539486
>>Follow her and try to strike up a conversation
"So cold, so why exactly are you so down on your sister?"
>>
>>45539486
>Pick her up and carry her off for a quick explanation in how to be polite.
>>
>>45539486
>"Yeah, well I fucked your mother."
>>
>>45539552
She's probably in that phase where a kid will mimic the behavior of their parents, usually more the same-gendered one...and until recently, well...
>>
You walk alongside her, matching her pace with a smirk.

“So, what brings you to school? I mean, you look a little young for high school.”

The girl glances at you out of the corner of her eye.

“Of course I am, you buffoon. But that would imply that I'd even attend this dump. My brother and I attend a different school, one without people like you.”

The way she says that makes it almost sound like it's a school for just monsters. On the one hand, that probably means that she's tough as nails, on the other hand, she's probably going to wind up outing herself before the day is through if she's not careful.

“So what's your name then? I gave you mine.”

The girl rolls her eyes and sighs.

“Take a hint. I have no interest in you. I need to find my mother and my sister and get to the bottom of something that you are entirely unrelated to.”

>Actually, I'm the reason your mom lost her memory. So I am involved. Checkmate.
>If you say so. Good luck with that.
>Want some help finding her?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45539737
>>Want some help finding her?
Let's not just jump to conclusions....
>>
>>45539737
>Your mother lost her memory because she can't afford to give any students here preferential treatment. From what I hear, she lobbied fairly hard just to be able to remember who Samantha was. A choice I approve of, of course."
>>
>>45539737
>>Want some help finding her?
I AM part of the pack, and since I highly doubt you've been around regular humans much, someone needs to keep an eye on you lest you out yourself and bring my room mate and my daughter down on your head.
>>
>>45539737
>Want some help finding her?
>>
>>45539737
Which problem? The one where she left your dad because of his unmanageable curse? Or the one where she lost her memory? Pretty sure I'm just off center to both those.
>>
You shrug slightly.

“If it's a pack issue, I'm part of the pack, according to your dad and uncle. Anyway, want a hand finding her? I could just text her, you know.”

The girl stops short for a moment and turns to face you.

“You? Part of the pack? Don't make me laugh. Someone like you could never manage that. I bet they were just taking pity on you. But go ahead, text her, have her come and meet us. It'll save me the exercise.”

She folds her arms and stares at you expectantly.

>Say please first. I mean, you've got manners, right? Use them. It'll make your mother proud.
>Sure, why not. It'll be funny seeing your face when Sammy tells you I'm part of the pack, and why.
>If you're going to be rude about it then maybe I won't. Maybe I'll slow you down instead.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45539923
>Call Stephen. Ask him to explain a few things to the Princess Bitch here.
>>
>>45539923
>Say please first. I mean, you've got manners, right? Use them. It'll make your mother proud.
>>
>>45539923

>>Say please first. I mean, you've got manners, right? Use them. It'll make your mother proud.
>>
>>45539923
Back first to three yet?
>>
>>45539923
>>Say please first. I mean, you've got manners, right? Use them. It'll make your mother proud.
>>
>>45539984
Yep
>>
“Say please first. If you want something from someone, you have to ask politely. Plus, it would make your mother proud.”

The girl glares at you.

“I would never say such a thing to someone like you.”

She turns and storms off, resuming her hunt, looking much more irritated now than she did before. Clearly that hit a nerve, though you're not certain which one. At any rate, she doesn't see you as an equal at all. Maybe that all-monster school teaches the students about how superior they are to humans or something. Your phone buzzes and you check the message from Sammy asking her where her sister is and if it's safe to come back yet.

>She's just leaving now, you can double back
>What's going on? Why are you avoiding her?
>I'd keep moving, she just picked up speed
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45540109
>>
>>45540109
>>
>>45540109
>I'm following her now. You have the cutest sister. She seems to think she's better than me because I'm human.
>>
>>45540109
>>She's just leaving now, you can double back
>>What's going on? Why are you avoiding her?
>>
>>45540109
>>What's going on? Why are you avoiding her?
>>
You let Sammy know that her sister is leaving the cafeteria now and that it's safe to come back before asking her about why she's avoiding her. Sammy lets you know she's on her way, before sending you a brief message that sums things up nicely.

“She's probably going to kill me. Not literally, but...”

You nod to yourself. If it hadn't been for you, Jennifer wouldn't have tried to finally get away from Patrick, and she wouldn't be here at the school. Things would have just carried on. And if it hadn't been for Sammy, you never would have been introduced to the pack. So it's either misplaced anger at Sammy, or Sammy did something last night to tick her off.

>Head to class before you're late
>Meet up with Sammy and get the full story
>Head off to see Angie
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45540284
>>
>>45540284
>>
>>45540284
>>
>>45540284
>>Meet up with Sammy and get the full story
anon curious
>>
>>45540284
>Message Sammy, tell her a few choice quotes the little bitch gave you. Have some laughs as you head to class.
>>
You grab your bag and give everyone else a quick wave as you dash off to meet up with Sammy. Hopefully you'll have time for a quick chat before class, or before her sister catches up to the pair of you. With a few brief texts back and forth you manage to catch up to her near the library, and Sammy looks around nervously as you head down the hall together.

“So, what's really going on? Why is she going to kill you?”

Sammy hangs her head.

“Mostly because of something I said. I... I still haven't really wrapped my head around what was going on with my parents but I'm starting to get it, and... I said some things last night about it. She asked me what was really going on and I explained about you and my mom and the fight, and... all of it. She told me that it was all my fault, that because I'm a runt and had to go to school here my mom couldn't go with her and my brother to live at our other house, away from my dad. I spent half the night running away from her in the woods...”

You pull her into a hug, and Sammy clings to you for a few moments before stiffening and looking down the hall. You turn and spot her sister, who's glaring at you both, her hair slowly turning from blond to silver as she advances on you.

“Sammy, let's talk, you and I...”

>Let's not do this here, you'll both get in trouble for fighting.
>Sammy, run for it, I'll slow her down!
>Can't we all just get along?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45540443
>If you fight on school grounds, security will be called. Which is good for you, because I'll beat your ass into the ground if you so much as lay a finger on Sammy.
>>
>>45540443
>>Let's not do this here, you'll both get in trouble for fighting.
ANGIE!!
>>
>>45540443
and if it comes to it, I'll be the one to end it.
>>
>>45540443
>>
>>45540443
>>Other (write-in) If you lay a finger on her, I will ruin you, family or no.

what an awful child.
>>
>>45540443

>>Let's not do this here, you'll both get in trouble for fighting.
>>
Spirit roll, +2
>>
Rolled 4 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45540619
Ash to ash, dust to dust.
>>
Rolled 16 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45540619
>>
Rolled 18 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45540619
>>
File: DY5lBx9.gif (55 KB, 397x360) Image search: [Google]
DY5lBx9.gif
55 KB, 397x360
>>45540674
Hahahaha
>>
“Let's not have this turn into a fight on school grounds, alright? You'll both get into trouble.”

The girl continues to advance, and Sammy cowers behind you. The girl scoffs a bit.

“Fight? I don't think you know who you're talking to. It wouldn't be a fight. It would simply be a beating.”

She pulls a small metal ring from her pocket and lunges forward as she slips it on, colliding with you full force. The ring glows brightly, and you can feel your magical energy almost burst out of you, which would have struck Sammy with all your magical might at once, but you manage to hold steady and keep your magic within yourself. You can't imagine what horrifying burnout would have taken place if you hadn't held on to at least some of your magic. The girl looks confused.

“What? That should have taken both of you out!”

>Clearly you have no idea who you're messing with. I mean, that almost tickled. Almost.
>Poke her forehead and smile, words aren't needed, she knows she failed
>Let's go, Sammy, I think your sister wants to play indoor tackle football. How unbecoming of a lady.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45540779
>>Poke her forehead and smile, words aren't needed, she knows she failed
boop
>>
>>45540779
>Clearly you have no idea who you're messing with. I mean, that almost tickled. Almost.
>Pick her up, "But seriously, you are just the cutest little puppy I've ever seen. Who's a cute widdle puppy?"
>>
>>45540779
>>Other (write-in) How pathetic. You can't even fight your sister and a baseline human without using a magic ring? You really are a child, aren't you?
>>
>>45540779

I play poker with an angel of death and demon of lust for fun. I may be human, but you're a fool if you think I'm not dangerous. Next time you attack me it'll cost.
>>
>>45540779

>>
>>45540810
>>45540867
>>45540903
>all these faggots not wanting to call her an adorable puppy
>>
You lean down slightly and poke her in the middle of her forehead with a smile.

“An effort was made. But I think you mistook me for someone who you could handle, pup.”

Sammy takes a step back, glancing around. The halls are emptying rapidly as people head to class, though it might also be a security measure to avoid people seeing what's about to take place. Sammy's sister looks at you for a few tense moments before she suddenly shifts completely, snarling and lunging at you. She almost takes your finger off with a bite, circling around you and Sammy and barking.

>Suit up, bad dog.
>Time for a wacky chase scene
>Make a blood sword and shield
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45541020
>>Suit up, bad dog.
Just lead her around by the nose until she over commits, then give her a good uppercut.

>>45540989
She really isn't
>>
>>45541020
>>Suit up, bad dog.
Spankings are in order.
This is a serious problem child.
We have enough people trying to ruin Oliver's life without this little shit actively sabotaging his daily life.
>>
>>45541050
Not that anon, but she is pretty adorable, and a puppy.
>>
>>45541020
>Adorable. Now get the hell out of my school before Security throws you out.
>>
>>45541070
she is and clearly her bark is worse than her bite, but there are actually normal people in this school who don't know about monster and I'd rather not have security mind-wipe away the lesson that she's nowhere near Oliver's level.
>>
>>45541157
Completely fair. My only disagreement was with saying she's not an adorable puppy.
>>
>>45541157
>Tries to make us undergo horrific burn out
>Tries to nuke her sister with our magic
>Is about to try and maul us werewolf style like her dad did

She isn't cute or adorable. She's a brat and deserves a spanking.
>>
>>45541201
You know what? We should just let Athena kick her ass. Just completely outclass her to a hilarious degree.
Using his daughter as a nuclear deterrent is both hilarious and worrying.
>>
>>45541020
>Suit up, bad dog.
>>
Strength roll, +3
>>
Rolled 15 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>45541305
>>
Rolled 8 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>45541305
>>
Rolled 16 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>45541305
where's a newspaper when we need one?
>>
Rolled 13 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>45541305
stronk
>>45541343
welp
>>
>>45541343
>Conjure up Silver club with the words "New York Times" engraved on it and a picture of us standing in front of a downed werewolf beneath that, with the headline "Local man wrecks werewolf's shit."
>>
File: Kotaki01.jpg (40 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Kotaki01.jpg
40 KB, 630x420
I don't care if it doesn't actually happen, eveytime Oliver henshin's I imagine he's wearing a long red scarf.
>>
You grab your phone and perform the requisite transformation sequence, using your arm to block the werewolf's attacks. She latches onto your wrist, but her fangs don't penetrate the material, and that gives you an idea. You grab her by the scruff of her neck and press forwards with your arm, forcing her to be able to do nothing except chew fruitlessly on your suit and paw at you frantically. Sammy blinks, then giggles a bit.

“It's like a metaphor. She bit off more than she could chew. Heh...”

The girl growls and whines, thrashing about trying to pull away from you. You can hear someone clearing their throat down the hall, and a brown haired young man walks towards you. He's wearing a school uniform, except that it's from a different school. He looks a few years older than you, maybe college age, and he smiles pleasantly at you.

“Hello there. You must be Mr. Spencer. I see you've met my youngest sister. Would you mind terribly releasing her before you hurt more than just her pride?”

>Sure, I'll let her go.
>She needs to learn a proper lesson in manners
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45541457
Made of blood
>>
>>45541499
>>Sure, I'll let her go.
>>
>>45541499

>>Sure, I'll let her go.
>>
>>45541499
>Hurt her? Who could even think of hurting such and adorable puppy.
>Squeeze her in a hug for emphasis.
>>
>>45541499
>>Sure, I'll let her go.

Next time she tries to put me through massive burn out and nuke her sister with my magic, I won't be as forgiving.
>>
>>45541499
>Sure, I'll let her go.
>>
>>45541499
>Other (write-in) Take the ring from her before handing her off.
>Sure, I'll let her go.
>>
>>45541657
my post
>>45541662
supporting this as well
>>
You nod.

“Sure thing.”

You release the girl, who shifts halfway and glowers at you, adjusting the torn shreds of her clothes a bit. The young man runs over to her.

“Mary, what did I tell you about fighting?”

Mary huffs a bit, and the young man smiles, pulling her into a tight hug. He lifts her up and spins her around.

“I told you not to, you little scamp!”

He laughs as they spin, and Mary just sits there grumbling until he hoists her up and slams her against the floor. Mary lets out a yelp and the young man sighs a bit.

“Honestly... Let's go home before you cause an incident...”

Mary whimpers softly and rubs the back of her head.

“That hurt...”

He rolls his eyes.

“You're not fooling anyone, you barely felt it. Now come on, you little nudist.”

He turns to you and bows.

“I'm Ivan, and it's a pleasure, but we must be off.”

>Nice to meet you. Have a nice day.
>Later, pup.
>Head to class
>Hang out with Sammy for a bit
>Mind if I tag along, actually?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45541694
>Nice to meet you. Have a nice day.
>Later, pup.
>Head to class
>>
>>45541694
>>Nice to meet you. Have a nice day.
>>Later, pup.
>>
>>45541662
Seconding this. We'll keeep the ring.

Or not...

>>45541694
>Nice to meet you too. Have a nice day.
>Later, pup.
>>
>>45541694
>>Nice to meet you. Have a nice day.
>>Later, pup.
>Other (write-in) Ask for that ring from her.
She nearly kicked our shit in with that. I want it.
>>
>>45541753
support
>>
btqm die?
>>
>>45542114
Or was he alive at all?
>>
>>45542152
are any of us?
>>
>>45542114
It's only been 20 minutes.
>>
“It was nice to meet you, Ivan. Have a nice day. And see you around, pup.”

You hold out your hand and smile at her.

“And I'll be taking that ring of yours.”

Ivan blinks.

“Ring?”

He looks at her, and Mary glares at you, taking off the ring and throwing it to the ground. Ivan sighs quietly and picks it up, placing it in your hand.

“Sorry about that. Still...”

He smiles brightly.

“At least you didn't claim anything else for your spoils of victory, eh?”

He laughs a bit and scoops up Mary, carrying her off with a chuckle. You look at the ring for a few moments and feel it trying to repel your magical energy. For a werewolf, this ring would turn a tackle into a magic-snuffing attack. Neat. You pocket it with a smile.

“So, where to now?”

Sammy sighs quietly.

“Somewhere far, far away from both of them, please... Wanna skip class with me?”

>Sure thing
>I need to ask a favor from a teacher later, probably not wise
>Other (write-in)

-

Getting food
>>
>>45542251
>Sure thing
Now or then?

And I thought we were going to ask the nurse.
>>
>>45542251
>Sure thing.
>I need to chat with Angie anyways.
>>
>>45542251
>Sure thing
>>
>>45542251
>I need to ask a favor from a teacher later, probably not wise
I would REALLY love too though. Are they staying around now?
>>
>>45542251
>Sure thing.
>I need to chat with Angie anyways.
>>
>>45542251
>>Sure thing
>>
“Works for me. I need to swing by the nurse's office anyway. She can give us passes to get back to class.”

Sammy nods and smiles softly. You turn and head for the nurse's office with her, sighing and grinning. If nothing else, you're wide awake now. The walk passes in relative silence until you reach Angie's office. You can hear groans from inside, like some sort of wounded animal, and there are blood stains around the door, like it oozed out from underneath it and got cleaned hastily.

>Barge in, Angie needs saving
>Knock on the door as you enter
>Call out into the darkness
>Maybe we should come back later
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45543146
>>Knock on the door as you enter
>>
>>45543146
>>Knock on the door as you enter
>>
>>45543146
>>
>>45543146
>>
You enter the room slowly and give the door a firm knock. You can hear movement in the darkness, and a piece of broken glass bounces across the floor towards you. Angie is sitting against the wall, cradling a mug in both hands. There's blood all around her on the floor, and her lab coat is soaked in the stuff, but she's smiling to herself at you enter. She looks up at you, grinning from ear to ear.

“Oh, hey there, Mr. Spencer. How are you? I'm doing well. My dear sister decided I'd make a good punching bag for your friend last night. She's out at the moment, can I take a message?”

“Angie” slowly gets to her feet and stretches a bit, tossing the coffee mug to one side, and it shatters against the floor.

>Nah, I'm good. Just dropping in to say hi. Well, see ya.
>What did you do to Angie and when is she coming back?
>Engage fight mode, round two
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45543369
>>What did you do to Angie and when is she coming back?
>Other (write-in) Adopt casual pose.
>>
>>45543369
>Yeesh angel power training must be harsh.
>>
>>45543369
>>
>>45543369
>Look, this is cute and all, but I need to talk to Angie. Knock it off.
>>
Speed and Dodge, +4
>>
Rolled 8 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45543564
>>
Rolled 10 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45543564
doooodge
>>
“So, what exactly did you do to Angie, and when is she coming back?”

“Angie” shrugs a bit.

“I dunno. An hour? Why do you ask? It's not like I could really hurt her or anything.”

She grins, before wincing and clutching at her head. After a few moments of straining you watch her run to the coffee pot and start chugging, panting and slumping to her knees.

“Fuck you, Zeke, and go home!”

Angie finishes off her coffee and gets to her feet, swaying and laughing as she turns to you.

“That was refreshing. Oh, hey there. Did you hurt your ankle in gym class again or something?”

Sammy glances around the room.

“Family, right?”

Angie nods and smirks.

“Don't I know it.”

You roll your eyes and head for a chair.

“Glad that you're alright, at least. Can you sign my form for the school trip? I need a parent or guardian to do it, and I don't exactly have someone I can ask for that.”

Angie looks at Sammy, then at you.

“I mean, you've got someone you can ask already. Someone good at forgery? And lying? Who's acting as your guardian for less than savory reasons? That's more likely to fly than me signing off on it.”

>I'm not asking Tellarie to pretend to be my mom. Or my dad.
>This is going to involve another ridiculous deal, isn't it.
>Well, let's get this over with so I can turn the form in already.
>Say, Sammy, you might wanna step out for a bit.
>Other (write-in)
>>
Rolled 20 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45543564
>>
>>45543564
Imposter!
>>
Rolled 20 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>45543564
>>
>>45543600
Well.

>>45543564
You're the imposter, right?

>>45543598
>>I'm not asking Tellarie to pretend to be my mom. Or my dad.
>>
>>45543598
>>Well, let's get this over with so I can turn the form in already.
>>
>>45543598
>This is going to involve another ridiculous deal, isn't it.
>Well, let's get this over with so I can turn the form in already.
>Say, Sammy, you might wanna step out for a bit.
>>
>>45543598
>I'm not asking Tellarie to pretend to be my mom. Or my dad.
>>
>>45543600
>>45543628
Can...can we bank this?
>>
>>45543670
I don't think it works like that
>>
We need a tiebreaker vote
>>
>>45543598
>>Well, let's get this over with so I can turn the form in already.
>>
“Well... I guess we better get it over with...”

Angie smiles and pulls the form from her desk, passing it to you.

“Not in my office, I've gotta clean up. Plus, you'll need the proper ritual for it, and I'm not teaching that to you. You can either take a nap, or go elsewhere and summon up your monster.”

Sammy gently pokes your shoulder.

“Are you going to summon a demon again to solve your problems...?”

You nod and examine the form.

“Yeah, pretty much. Either that or I'm not going to be allowed to go to...”

You pause for a moment.

“This is a camping trip. We're going camping in the middle of the woods for a weekend. This is the fancy school trip? I thought it would be to a resort or something.”

Sammy shakes her head.

“It's a wilderness retreat. Mostly for monsters, but a few humans will be coming as well. A chance to cut loose and relax, away from the disguises and spells we hide ourselves with.”

You nod a bit and glance at Angie, who shrugs.

“Your call. There'll be s'mores, and singing, and cook outs...”

>Alright, then it's worth the effort. Everyone loves s'mores
>Making a pact with Tellarie isn't worth the effort if it's just for campfire songs
>I need to think about this one
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45543996

>>Making a pact with Tellarie isn't worth the effort if it's just for campfire songs
>>
>>45543996
Maybe pursue other solutions, like Fenright or whatever, before we default to demon summoning.
>>
>>45543996
>>Alright, then it's worth the effort. Everyone loves s'mores
>>
>>45543996
>>45544039
Second
>>
>>45543996
>>
>>45543996
>>45544039
yeah
>>
>>45543996
>>
>>45544039
support
>>
>>45543996
>>
“I'm gonna give this some thought before I resort to summoning a devil for this...”

Angie smirks slightly.

“Kinda what I figured, yeah... And besides, you're part of a family now, aren't you? You could just ask the head of the family to sign it.”

You pause for a moment, and imagine the look on Stephen's face when you ask him to pretend to be your dad. You can't tell if he'd be laughing his ass off or just amused. You slip the paper into your bag and turn to Sammy, who looks fairly amused herself.

“So, now what?”

Sammy shrugs.

“You tell me.”

>Let's head to class
>Let's talk somewhere private
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45544039
>>45544078
>>45544087
>>45544139

None of the other teachers will say any different. They aren't allowed to give preferential treatment.

Though I guess technically we're our own guardian, so we should be able to sign it ourselves.
>>
>>45544306
>>Let's head to class
>>
>>45544306
>Let's head to class
thanks Angie
>>
>>45544306
>Call Stephen, ask if he can sign your permission slip.
>>
>>45544351
support
then
>go to class
make sure we get a hall pass
>>
>>45544306
>>Let's head to class
>>
>>45544351
supporting for >>45544306
>>
>>45544351
>let's get even more indebted to the werewolf pack

No thanks
>>
>>45544488
We've done a lot of shit for them, I'd say we're either even or very slightly in our favor, and this is an incredibly minor thing. Much better option than dealing with a demon, at any rate.
>>
>>45544536
But we can just school Tellaire in poker for it. No deal is actually necessary.

Or we could summon a minor greed demon and do the same. They aren't particularly hard to deal with.
>>
>>45544536
>We've done a lot of shit for them
No, most of what we've actually done has been for Jennifer, at the expense of the pack. The only thing we did for them was help in the slaver raid, and we got a house for it.
>>
>>45544642
Poker is always a gamble. We've been lucky so far, but I tend to despise the stakes she offers and the risk is inferior to what might be a guarantee asking for nothing in exchange. The fact that you made that response to the idea of *inquiring* with Stephen is probably the most annoying thing.
>>
>>45544642
I mean, we DO have that magic shunting ring.
>>
You turn to Angie.

“Mind if we get some hall passes to get back to class?”

Angie sits down at her desk and scribbles out a pair of notes with a smile.

“Only because you came all this way just to see me.”

Angie passes you the notes and you give one to Sammy, who smiles at you.

“See you in a few then...”

You nod and hug Sammy, who runs off to her class. You pause for a moment and pull out your phone, contemplating calling Stephen, and you finally give in and dial his number as you head for class. He doesn't pick up, so you leave him a message instead letting him know you might need a favor from him. You make your way to your gym class just in time for the bell, and promptly turn on your heels, walking off to Chemistry.

When you arrive you find the tables have all been pushed to the edges of the room, leaving an open space in the center where Fenright is tinkering with a complicated arrangement of bottles, vials and beakers forming a contraption that you're sure you've seen in a book somewhere. He smiles and waves as you walk in, gesturing to it.

“It's a still. We're going to learn about distillation and purification today, in preparation for a project on chemicals and analysis.”

When the rest of the students have filed in he begins a boring lecture on how a still works, the properties of chemicals that can be purified or extracted in this way, and ends the lecture by accidentally knocking over part of the apparatus, causing a sizeable fireball to engulf the middle of the room and set off the fire alarm. Fenright adjusts his glasses as some of the students scream and start to run out of the room.

“Safety first, everyone walk out single file!”

He sighs softly and looks over at you.

“It's always something...”

>Try to help put out the fire
>Leave the room with the others
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45544689
True. That's a pretty good bargaining chip
>>
>>45544708
>>Try to help put out the fire
>With Fenright's permission.
>>
>>45544708
Elemental suppresion.
>>
>>45544708
>>
>>45544708
Try it without magic. Don't want to burn down the school due to low rolls.
>>
>>45544708
>Try to help put out the fire.
A bit of elementalism should solve this.
>>
>>45544708
>draw out the energy with magic
>>
Spirit roll, +2
>>
Rolled 16 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45544820
FIRE BE GONE!
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45544820
bad fire, no
>>
Rolled 20 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45544820
Abracadabra
>>
Rolled 15 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45544820
Fire go home
>>
>>45544853
>Saying the magic word
>>
>>45544853
Oliver is so cool.
>>
>>45544853
Every.
Single.
Time.

Can Oliver get a bonus to magic already? This makes a 75% crit rate when I say the magic word.
>>
>>45544853
https://youtu.be/3vlAdMeZSfw
>>
>>45544884
It's not a crit.
>>
>>45544932
Sorry.
>75% potential* crit rate

Is that better? Feelings less hurt, even though my meaning was perfectly clear?
>>
>>45544928
I approve of your taste
>>
You look at the fire for a moment and reach out to it with your magic, tangling the threads of your energy into the blaze and slowly bending it to your will. It takes time, but you slowly manage to weaken the fire until, at last, you put it out completely. Fenright whistles and smiles a bit.

“Impressive work. Now all we need to do is leave before the-”

The sprinklers turn on, soaking the pair of you, and Fenright trudges towards the door.

“Forget it. I give up on today. I'm calling in sick.”

You look at your hands for a moment. Fire magic is starting to come a lot more naturally to you now. You smile to yourself and grab your bag. Now if only water magic was coming along as nicely, then you could dry yourself off.

>Head for your room and grab a change of clothes
>Try to use water magic, dry yourself off
>Use blood, that won't cause problems at all
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45545047
>>
>>45545047
>Use blood, that won't cause problems at all
We're good at this.
>>
>>45545047
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.