[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Force of Will General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12
File: $_35.jpg (20 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
20 KB, 225x300
Force of Will.
>>
Which deck should I get for a starter deck?
>>
>>45528384
Get the green one. Beast girl best girl
>>
>>45528417

Funny enough, I bought two booster packs with some change I had after a friend talked to me about it and ended up getting her in one of them.
>>
>>45528384
White is probably the best, the Regalia that comes in it is bonkers in just about any deck.

If you care about out-of-the-box playability avoid the black deck, it's pretty shit. Aside from that they're all reasonably playable.
>>
Who playing ARG tomorrow here?

I'm fucked.
>>
>>45528559
What?
>>
>>45528622

http://www.argcircuitseries.com/fow-state-championship.html
>>
>>45528559
Too far of a drive for me. The numbnuts that decided to hold the Oregon event in Salem, rather than in Portland where all the actual humans live, needs a stern talking to.
>>
>>45528709

Oh, I see. Would be neat to watch, but that's a bit too out of the way for that. Have a LCS that runs tournaments every Saturday for it, so I just might go watch that and such.
>>
Is this just unpopular? The threads made for it seem to die fairly quickly.
>>
>>45529157
It's new and hasn't exploded that much yet.
That said I think it's a fucking fantastic game!
>>
>>45529418
How long has it been out anyways, not even a year yet right?
>>
>>45529484
I think it was a year in December, officially. All the stores I visit only started really stocking it around 10 months ago at the earliest.
>>
So how about that last set of red spoilers huh?

They're trying real hard to convince me that new red ruler isn't shit.
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-19+at+11.54.28).jpg (213 KB, 1156x661) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-19+at+11.54.28).jpg
213 KB, 1156x661
>>45529756

>Go to the spoilers to see what your talking about
>Find this motherfucker
>That god art

Coolest ability in the fucking world.
>>
I just got the Machina deck, and his ability seems super powerful. He can fetch at both the end of my opponents turn at the beginning of mine when he untaps?

Is he considered a good ruler?
>>
>>45529844
Welcome aboard the hype train, fellow black player.
>>
File: img270.jpg (139 KB, 425x580) Image search: [Google]
img270.jpg
139 KB, 425x580
>>45529880

I just started this game like a month ago and I did not think that they could possibly make a ruler that would tear me away from my beloved.
>>
>>45529874
Not really, unfortunately. There just isn't quite enough good colorless stuff to support his addiction. If he could search up Regalia it might be a different story, but he can't and it's a bummer.
>>
>>45529923
What about Fiend of Dark Pyre?
>>
>>45529944
Roughly in the same spot, though for the opposite reason. Poor Nyarly just isn't a very impactful J/Ruler, she can be shut down without the opponent even interacting with her (no Cthulhus on board = no ATK) and doesn't do much to affect the game state aside from just being a large gribbly monster.

Probably has more potential than Machina because a lot of the Cthulhu creatures are REALLY good and she doesn't demand any mana input whatsoever, but at the end of the day the exact same deck piloted by Abdul (or Dark Alice with slight modifications) would be strictly better in most situations.
>>
>>45528811
One hour is too far of a drive? It takes over half that to Beaverton or Hillsboro on an average day.
>>
>>45530123
Hour and a half, I'm actually in north Vancouver. It's just that the WA one is even farther away if I were to hypothetically attend one.

And it's partly the principle of the thing, I could drive and hour and a half to attend a tournament in fucking SALEM, or I could just go to my local regularly scheduled tournament instead.

I also have to consider the fact that I'm exponentially more likely to be robbed or have my car messed with in Salem than I am here.
>>
>>45530213
seattle bro here, i have to go by boat,
>>
>>45530213
East side Vancouver here (Fisher's Landing). Huh. Small world.
>>
File: Zfy19EK.jpg (83 KB, 1427x807) Image search: [Google]
Zfy19EK.jpg
83 KB, 1427x807
>>45530407

I could walk to the WA one if I really wanted to.
>>
>>45530213
>>45530463
Man fuck the goddamn populated side of Oregon in General.

Either of you want to guess how many people play FOW in motherfucking PENDLETON?

it might be more than just anon, but fuck the weebs out here suck so much its not worth it to go looking for them
>>
>>45530463
Alright, time to play the "do I know that guy" game.

Where do you play, and what deck do you play?

Mythic Realm, Black/Red Dark Alice.
>>
File: space-time-anomaly.png (1 MB, 528x804) Image search: [Google]
space-time-anomaly.png
1 MB, 528x804
Man, if it wasn't for the whole "instantly die to Split Heaven and Earth" thing, I would totally switch from B/R to Grixis just to run this card.

Holy fucking shit.
>>
File: Foment.jpg (71 KB, 480x670) Image search: [Google]
Foment.jpg
71 KB, 480x670
Cards like this makes me wish Morgiana only replaced once per effect. It's gonna be really annoying watching people scry half their deck and then have a perfect hand afterwards.
>>
File: 1408689273509.gif (2 MB, 691x546) Image search: [Google]
1408689273509.gif
2 MB, 691x546
>>45531074
Oh god I forgot about her, holy fuck.

On the other hand it's not at instant speed, so that gives you a lot of time to remove her.
>>
File: 1384568782863.jpg (45 KB, 959x600) Image search: [Google]
1384568782863.jpg
45 KB, 959x600
>>45530961
This is going to be another $3 power-common eventually, mark my words.

The name is also interesting, because that sure as shit isn't Primogenitor in the art, and the colors rule out that red faggot as well. I wonder who it could be.
>>
So White/Green a decent starter deck for my first and such?
>>
I got a small question concerning the rules. When one of the 4 sacred Beasts comes into play and is the first one to play. Does the "sacred beast" effect trigger with itself?
For example: 200 damage for every four sacred beasts you controle. When playing the fist one is this 200 damage, or 0 ?
>>
>>45535004
If Zhu Que is the only Sacred Beast you control when you play him he does 200. Cards like that always count themselves unless it specifically mentions otherwise.
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-20+at+12.48.44).png (7 KB, 927x75) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-20+at+12.48.44).png
7 KB, 927x75
Panic
>>
>>45537360
Is that delivery of new set transit?
>>
>>45537895

No, that the last shit I need for my side deck today.
>>
>>45537940
What are you running?
>>
>>45538028
>>
File: fairy queen.jpg (92 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
fairy queen.jpg
92 KB, 640x361
Just got into this game and am playing fairies. It's pretty beast so far. My friend who got me into the game is helping me foil it out.
>>
>>45539567
I wish I had the money to spend on Booster boxes to get some nice foils :(
>>
>>45539844
Or just buy them. Or trade around with friends. Also, booster boxes are cheap anyway.
>>
File: 139970469216.png (37 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
139970469216.png
37 KB, 500x599
>>45539995
>$85 burgerbucks
>cheap

Being a poor college student sucks
>>
>>45540049
I came to this game from playing magic. Anything is cheap compared to buying into legacy.
>>
>>45540778
That's true. Magic REAAALLY sucks compared to the price of FoW. However, if FoW gets big enough, I'm sure it'll be just as bad as YGO and MTG...its just the nature of the games.
>>
>>45541002
better buy in now then. The most expensive cards that could be prohibitive to a budget player would be full art foils of dual stones and pantsless shota cat and the uber rare versions of cards that you can get cheaper non uber versions. What's great is if you don't care about pimping out your deck, you can build pretty mcuh anything on the cheap.
>>
>>45541135
Yeah, the cards of the first few sets will probably skyrocket in price in a few years if this game is still around, considering how they are discontinuing certain aspects of the game, such as the significance of Regalia etc.
>>
>>45541361
>Regalia broke the game for six months when they first came out and are STILL 4 ofs in every single deck, especially Bow/Scythe.

>Regalia will not be significant after alice block.

Thank FUCK. Although im now slightly more worried as to what crazy ass broken shit will replace it.
>>
>>45531616
>implying any fucking common has/will ever reached over $1
>>
>>45542305
Gretel and Absolute Cake zone were 3 bucks a piece during Grimm block.
>>
>>45542228
Regalia wouldn't even be so bad if they actually costed will to play and activate. I'm glad the developers are moving away from "generic splashable in every deck" cards like R/R that just do things for free.
>>
>>45542625
Considering what happened to like ALL of Grimm block cards, im mildly worried that they will just come up with even more stupid broken shit to fling into the next block to replace the regalias.
>>
>>45542665
I'm hoping they're smart about it to avoid crazy OP power creep lol
>>
>>45528559
Going tomorrow with removal.dek feat. Dark Alice. It has some awful matchups, but it's great against other decks.
>>
>>45542665
>>45542625
Regalia aren't even broken anymore, they're just a feature of the game.

With hosers like Barrier, Hera, Marybell, and soon Primogenitor, they become a lot weaker, too.
>>
What's the best map/store finder for this game? All the maps I've found have nothing in my country. I'm in Poland, Cracow.
>>
>>45544543
The one on the main FOW site is pretty shitty since it doesn't really cover ALL the places that do tournaments. Those on the official site are only the ones who have applied to be there. Some that still sell FoW will host tournaments on their own.
>>
>>45541361
that or new cards get released in a massive power creep. I'd rather these just skyrocket rather than deal with that nonsense. It's early as fuck so may as well work on getting a playset of everything for next to nothing.
>>
>>45548892
If FoW goes like Magic there's bound to be an eternal format eventual so shit like Cheshire Cat will probably stay at $20.
>>
>>45529844
I started this week with a Sylvia deck that's not even finished.
Then the friend that got me in the game showed me the spoilers and BAM.
>>
>>45549057
There already is and it's called origins. It doesn't mean much considering there's only 3 blocks, 1 of which wasn't even released in the US. In a few years I can see it being a thing.
>>
want to get into the game- any sort of visual online spoiler/ toping deck lists?

gravitating towards making a waifu deck. want to spend under $100 if possible.
>>
>>45550882
>want to spend under $100 if possible.

Do you think this is magic or something?

The most expensive card is 20 dollars and the next most expensive card is like 4 dollars, but most good cards are like 2 dollars and under
>>
>>45551559
fuck If I know. where do you go for write ups on decks and what play styles win/work?
>>
>>45551559
Why the game is so cheap?
Too new or what?
>>
>>45551648
the game is in its infancy right now, so its heavily meta dependent now.

but fowtavern is the most consistent atm
>>
I heard this game made it to english because some richfag bought it out, and it was doing poorly in japan. how true? seems like a straight MTG rip off play wise and as far as anime art goes its not even the best nip game of it.
>>
>>45552154
I'd consider it better than magic playwise, they basically took the best parts of magic and threw away the shitty parts; then added the best parts from other TCGs

I'm not even a fan of the art, the gameplay is just so good.
>>
>>45551904
The sets are only 110ish cards and the boosters are weighted more towards rare shit than they are in magic. There's also a better ratio of play/trade worthy stuff instead of unplayable bullshit.

There's also the Vingolf box set, which comes with 2x of a bunch of staple cards (including the dual-color magic stones), along with a bunch of other cards of varying usefulness. Turns out a fixed-price box set making dual lands easily available to everyone does a lot to stabilize the prices.
>>
>>45552801
A completely different doubt:
Any recommendation to a Sylvia deck that's not a typical red aggro deck?
Any chance to make a good dragon.dec with her?
>>
>>45552898
I know a guy who gets good results with Sylvia piloting a Red/White Knights of the Round Table deck, with Gwiber and Blazer as the top-end.

It's exactly as strange as it sounds, but it's the best use of her I've seen. I honestly can't wrap my head around what the hell she actually wants her hypothetical ideal deck to do.
>>
>>45552330
>I'm not even a fan of the art, the gameplay is just so good.
This.
The average FoW game is much more interactive than say MtG. I see the separate "land deck" being a lot of people's favorite aspect, but also the combat is a bit more streamlined as well without taking away strategy from it. Being able to switch back and forth between main and combat phases is really cool and ordering your moves properly can make or break a game. Another cool thing is that many utility creatures that need to be rested (tapped) become targets for attacks in doing so, compared to MtG where you have to hope you have the right removal for them.

>>45552154
Apparently it's doing really well in Japan. Hell, that's where worlds are held.
>>
Is Vlad any good? I literally cannot find more than one top8 decklist for her. I really wanna build a resonator-less control list ;_;
>>
>>45554808
>Trying to play draw go in a game where the only way to win is to attack with stuff.

I pity you anon i really do. To answer your question yes she is good, however you need mans to keep yourself safe while you get set up to drain like 10 a turn or whatever.
>>
>>45554851

I've seen a few decklists but they're all so wildly different and I have no clue what's good. I've seen a few decks with mozart/rasputin+cthulu engines, some mono G ramp lists, etc. They all look fun but I'm just not sure. I just want my opponent to squirm as they realize the inevitably of drain 2 gain 2.
>>
My friends and I are looking for another card game to play. So far it is between this one and Vanguard. How is the art in this game? Are they all just loli girls?

My group generally plays MTG, and I know this game is pretty similar in rule set.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.