[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GMs What's the most heinously evil thing your players have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 19
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104 KB, 1920x1080
GMs What's the most heinously evil thing your players have ever done?

>Be me
>Be running Interface Zero for Savage Worlds
>It's Cyberpunk. PCs are Ronin (the in-universe term for Shadowrunner)
>PCs get a selection of jobs from their fixxer.
>Most jobs are pretty standard. Break into a corprate lab and sabotage/steal the thing.
>PCs are quite interested in one job with a payout about %50 higher than the others, however the fixxer warns them. "You may find this assignment to be morally troubling."
>Client turns out to be Brazilian company called CHIMERA. World leaders in genetic modification and Cloning. The assignment is to return some "stolen property."
>Said property turns out to be 5 Laborer-class Simulacrum.
>Remember the Replicants from Blade Runner? Basically the same thing. Genetically altered clones with false memories and an artificially shortened lifespan.
>I was hoping they'd pass on the job once they learn they are literally being hired to CAPTURE RUNAWAY SLAVES.
>They accept with barely any haggling.
>First lead is a dry-cleaning service whose truck was seen near the spot where the breakout happened.
>PCs ambush some employee on the way out.
>They drag him into an alley and start breaking his fingers one-by-one.
>By pure dumb luck, they managed to nab the right guy, who spills the beans quick
>He had been paid by an amateur Replicant-emancipation activist group calling themselves the Lamplighters.
>These guys are total amateurs, they've holed up in a shuttered office building in a bad part of town.
>I was hoping the PCs might realize who the bad guys are, instead they steamroll the Lamplighters, killing them one by one in front of the freed Sims.
>They make the drop and bring the Lamplighter's bodies to see if Chimera will agree to pay a bounty for them, which they do.
>MFW, my players get pissy at ME when one of their contacts calls them a week later to call them "heartless fucking Corporate whores" and that she will no longer sell to them.
>>
Why do players turn into shitbirds whenever there's money involved?
>>
>>45519242
Our GM actually rewards being a nice person. >Cyberpunk 2020 campaign
>all of us /k/unts
>assist in reclaiming Rhodesia
>capture a diamond mine
>bunch of starving, crying kids come up to us holding out diamonds in their hands
>my PC speaks Afrikaans
>tell one of the older kids that they can keep what they carry
>everyone of us leaves millionaires and still makes profit off the mine, as well as providing legitimate jobs and stability to the region
>>
>>45519382
is it me or does anyone else think giving a bunch of starving kids diamonds is going to end up badly for said kids?
>>
>>45518803
I'm running a 5e group of evil-doers and one of them got what he thought was an old pirate (he had what appeared to be two wooden boots and a hook for a hand) shit-faced then took him back to the PC's ship. They found out he was faking it to hide the fact that he was previously an infamous pirate captain, so naturally, one of my PCs cut his legs and arms off, cut out his tongue, reaped his mind for knowledge then intricately cotarized the wounds, and healed him before he died. They now wheel him around in a cart through towns claiming he is a hero that saved them all from a dragon attack that never happened. Just to be safe, the same PC constructed a breathing apparatus that will keep him perpetually drunk.
>>
>>45519242
I never understood it. It's fantasy money. And in some games you already get more than you can spend anyway.
>>
>>45518803
Why did the fixxer offer the job if she thought it was a shitty thing to do?
>>
>>45519448
When have adventurers ever done anything good for kids?
>>
File: montyhauldm.jpg (84 KB, 659x462) Image search: [Google]
montyhauldm.jpg
84 KB, 659x462
>>45519511
If your PCs aren't barely scraping by, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>45519525

I think it was a different fixxer, anon.
>>
>>45519585
Oh duh. Yes of course sorry I can not in2reading I guess.

Well lose a contact gain a contact Clearly CHIMERA knows they can trust them now.
>>
>>45519525
OP here.

The contact who stopped dealing with the PCs was a different contact than the Fixxer.

She was a warez dealer who often sold black-market Software to the group's hacker.
>>
>>45518803
I'll be honest, that story sounds pretty reasonable overall. Seems normal that mercenaries would be okay with doing terrible things. Did you really expect the cyberpunk party to be paragons of morality?
>>
>>45519639
No, but I never thought they'd stoop to HUNTING RUNAWAY SLAVES either.
>>
>>45519625
To abate pissiness, maybe give them a new corporate contract: they appear to enjoy being the bad guys, why not give them what they want?
>>
>>45519562
still the idea of some wide eyed idealist pc's giving a starving child a diamond, then walking away thinking they done right is hilarious
>>
File: Modern Day Slavery.png (374 KB, 560x416) Image search: [Google]
Modern Day Slavery.png
374 KB, 560x416
>>45518803
>>45519242
>Why do criminals do shitty things for money?
>Modern people wouldn't do that... everyone knows that slavery is wrong by now, right? ;^)
>>
>>45519672
Hey, if they are slaves they are property of the corp aren't they? If anything they might be acting more in line with the law then usual.
>>
>>45518803
This story makes me yearn for Shadowrun's Karma system from the older editions.

"Okay, you kidnap the runaway slaves and get oodles of nuyen but ZERO XP"
>>
>Party traveling through town.
>Tell them about the isolated hamlet and that the nearest town is a two-week long journey away.
>player: "How do they communicate to other settlements?"
>Me: "Usually by whoever happens to travel by like merchants, travelers, and patrolling soldiers".
>Players: "Let's pillage this place! We're poor and all these people must have a lot of loot!"
>All players: "Woot! Let's do it."
>Proceed with a hour long murder/assassination/rape of every single villager in that settlement.
>Party finds a wanted poster with their name on it Assigned by a paladin order in that village's area.
>spend the next eight sessions fixing and covering up their fuckup.
>Still remind them of it everytime they're about to murderhobo.
>>
>>45519672
Hunting slaves is a real thing, that real people did. All things considered it doesn't seem that bad to me.

I had a character who captured some kobolds who had hurt him pretty bad in an earlier fight. I hauled the corpses of their fallen comrades in front of them and then started hacking them to bits before their eyes. As I mangled the bodies I tossed bits at the living ones who were cowering in the corner. After the bodies were suitable mangled I made them eat parts of their fallen brothers before eventually killing them all and bringing their bodies back to town for ransom.

That character was also a drow though.
>>
File: 1287142844240.jpg (53 KB, 692x451) Image search: [Google]
1287142844240.jpg
53 KB, 692x451
We blew up the supports keeping an entire Hive City from collapsing into a sinkhole, killing tens of millions of people. To do so, we hijacked a train before thousands upon thousands of fleeing civilians could board it.

In our defense, we hoped to kill a Greater Daemon that manifested in the hive with that move. Instead we just woke up the one entombed at the bottom of the sinkhole.
>>
>>45519787
>get oodles of nuyen but ZERO XP
I think even this kind of tradeoff is better than just chopping off contacts without warning.

In OP, I'd expect at least a warning like "this job pays more, but your contacts would disapprove, and their loyalty may be reduced as a result" or "You remember that [contact_name] strongly disapproves of this job, and she will stop doing business with you if you go through with it".
>>
>>45519639
Yeh it's not really evil as much as it is very Neutral to take a job like that.
>>
>>45519957
>Instead we just woke up the one entombed at the bottom of the sinkhole.
Wait, so now there were TWO Greater Daemons occupying the same area?
Were they of the same god? Did they fight each other, or decide to team up?
>>
>>45520068
He didn't chop off contacts without warning. If a neutral person see's a group of mercenaries literally murder people protesting slavery and torture it would ENTIRELY REASONABLE for them to cut off all contact with these blatant psychopaths.
>>
>>45519787
No offense, but that is kinda dumb. If being a dick meant you couldn't gain personal power, power hungry people would not be dicks. Shadowrun is nothing but dicks.
>>
>>45520174
The details are pretty damn hazy, as we did not have the Forbidden Lores to comprehend what was happening at the time. But yes, there were multiple cults and daemonic entites competing against each other on the planet, and we miserably failed to stop any of them, resulting in a visit from the Grey Knights and a subsequent Exterminatus,

We did save a single baby though.
>>
>>45519802
So how the fuck did the paladin order find out they did it? Are they Elder Scrolls guards or something?
>>
>>45519382
I smell you being nuclear there, bro.
>>
File: image.png (179 KB, 400x430) Image search: [Google]
image.png
179 KB, 400x430
>>45519957
>In our defense, we hoped to kill a Greater Daemon that manifested in the hive with that move. Instead we just woke up the one entombed at the bottom of the sinkhole.
>>
>>45520258
Divination magic I assume
>>
>>45519382
Ahhh, good old CyberPunk 2013 / 2020 - I loved running campaigns in that.

> Players are offered a truckload of money to steal some data from Arasaka.
> Arasaka is one of the most militant and ruthless of the Mega-Corps in the world.
> Players are *supposed to* hide the data theft if at all possible.
> My players have absolutely NO IDEA what the word 'subtle' means.
> Players end up fleeing for their lives - look for the deepest darkest low-tech shit-hole to hide in.
> Players end up in India hoping to disappear among the countless sea of humanity there.
> It doesn't take long for the Players to start doing jobs as they're desperate for money.
> Local Fixer / Dealer offers them decent money to deliver a package (a stolen religious artifact)...

PC1: Don't you think we should find out what's in the package, in case it's dangerous or highly illegal and the cops catch us?

PC2: If the cops catch us and we show up on the grid we're all dead. Who cares what's in the package! It's not like they can execute us twice...

I had some fun games with those PCs, but they a fatalistic bunch.
>>
>>45520258
The party was the band of evil bandits that destroyed a future MC village. A parent hid their child in a closet or something and he told the tale to the next people that came by.
>>
>>45519242
It's weird, our current game is an evil campaign and whilst we're definitely pinging evil we're far more within the law than our last not-fellowship of the ring game.

Our evil characters may steal and sell people in to slavery but our good characters ended up being utterly insane psychopaths.
>>
>>45520258
The day after they went through a paladin order patrol passed through town. A few castings of speak with the dead and a simple divination or two and the Paladins now had the party's faces.
>>
>>45519672
Gonna have to point out this can quite easily go down the route of 'are replicants really people anyway' moral quandary. Players might have just picked their side of no they aren't people, they do not have rights.
>>
>>45518803

You sound like a great big ole faggot desu
>>
>>45518803
Not a GM, but we blew up a giant magical orb and killed/mutated millions of people, we thought it was a good idea
>>
>>45520408
Because when you decide to do bad, you are conscious of the fact and know to keep in line enough to not be throwing big huge "WE ARE EVIL" flags everywhere. It's the people who think they are in the right that are the most dangerous.
>>
>>45520444
I think that's it, that and we were very aware that the story had us as the good guys so if we ever fucked up in one place too much we'd just leave. We basically did whatever we wanted to at the time, whereas our evil characters have a goal, they represent an organisation and we're playing far more strategically.
>>
>>45519573
I know just how retardedly stupid my 2 players would get if they had access to large amounts of gold. Luckily they always seem to end up finding opportunities to liberate money from people in that lean part of the month just before payday, or get offered employment by people with majority payment coming as services (or sugar coating thier terrible reputation). Seeing as they've met every major problem so far by burning down large buildings and making a getaway in the confusion i shudder to think of the day when they can finally afford proper explosives or fire based magic.
>>
File: toxic.jpg (209 KB, 500x641) Image search: [Google]
toxic.jpg
209 KB, 500x641
The most inarguably evil thing that happened at our table was when our Shadowrun team decided to unleash a bunch of Toxic Shamans on the housing-section of a R&D compound as a diversion.

We tried to stay morally-gray after that, but it was a definite line-crossing moment.

Still though, no one could say it wasn't effective.
>>
>>45518803
>I was hoping the PCs might realize who the bad guys are, instead they steamroll the Lamplighters, killing them one by one in front of the freed Sims

Just another day in the NAC. Right, ami?
>>
Raping a female bandit and keeping her as a sex slave. DM tried to make it less fucked up by having her willingly give herself after being enslaved, but since refusal would be death, and the fighter loved humiliating her in fucked up ways, it wasn't that nice. If it wasn't an NPC I bet the entire campaign would've been a bust.
>>
>>45519639
Nevermind the fact that corporations tend to be the heavy spenders on jobs. And once word got around on that crew turning on a job they'd never get work from a corp again. I'd trade a contact for that. You can find more contacts. You can't find more reputation once you've screwed it up.
>>
>>45520237
>We did save a single baby though
That kid is destined for great things, only problem is no one will believe his backstory.
>>
File: thatsinkingfeeling.jpg (108 KB, 798x770) Image search: [Google]
thatsinkingfeeling.jpg
108 KB, 798x770
>>45518803
>Modern-day operators game
>PCs are rescuing high-value target from bad dudes in Eastern Europe
>Actually clever move, swap vehicles via prepared swap, but cutting through a building they've prepared CCTV scramble on.
>I ad lib that they're coming through a cafe.
>Bad guys outside, but haven't seen PCs.
>PCs swiftly take control of cafe, herd everyone into back rooms, flip sign to closed, clear tables into trashcan etc.
>Still clever
>PCs holed up in kitchen with principal and ~15 civilians including women and children duct taped on floor.
>One PC to another "OK, so when we get Marcos over to the border crossing-"
>Other PCs sign, groan, etc
>"What?"
>Other PC mimes threading suppressor onto a pistol. "You used the name, and you said where we're going."
>Other other PC, in local lingo "OK, my friend just fucked up. We're sorry. Take a minute to comfort the person next to you and then shut up. If you're quiet in one minute my friend will give you a headshot. If you fuck with us." *draws parang* "You get the knife."
MFW they fill the walk-in with corpses and leave clean.
>>
File: knowing the enemy.png (237 KB, 382x597) Image search: [Google]
knowing the enemy.png
237 KB, 382x597
>>45521042
Sounds like some damn fine teamwork.
>>
>>45519683
Well to be fair...
>same campaign later on
>rival PMC is using a previously abandoned shopping mall as a headquarters/barracks
>DM is hoping we try to buy it out from under them/hire all of their mercs to work for us instead/otherwise undercut them
>nope
>drive a BMP-3 through the front door
>instantly roll over a merc minding his own business and having a smoke
>open up on a group of them standing around talking in the main corridor
>open up on them with dat dere 30mm cannon
>peppering the bodies with PKT machine guns in case any of them are still alive and able to fire a weapon
>our own infantry comes in and starts clearing hallways
>eventually enemy mercs are trying to surrender and throwing their weapons down
>flatten them into the ground
>find a Nomad kid that was kidnapped to serve as a mechanic
>hire him to work for us, offer him a full month's vacation to go check on his clan, set him up with an apartment, 50k a year starting pay
>throw him a thousand bucks and and ask him to power wash the intestines out of my track while I collect human heads to send back to the PMC's corporate office

We alternate between being very horrible people and being very charitable and kind.
>>
>>45520230
It's perfectly in keeping with the punk motif though.

If you sell out, you get money. If you maintain your soul, you're punk enough to stick it to the man with zero funds.

The problem with cyberpunk is that guerillas had trouble opposing a well-equipped loose RoE army in the 1940s. By the 2040s it's going to be damn near impossible.
>>
>>45521149
So your party are literally African warlords.
>>
As out of place as this may be. Does anyone here happen to have a save file for FE:F's JP that is after the first 6 missions or in the first few missions of birthright?
>>
>>45521042
fuck
just
fuck
>>
>>45521042
I would have put a bullet in that PC too, just to be sure, because idiocy like that is a liability.
>>
>>45521492
Lucky for him he was the pilot.

Have to be honest, I would probably have let it slide, I didn't notice the fuckup as something to jump on in the moment. Also, could have easily fudged none of the cafe people speaking English, so he only leaked the name (which was of minor consequence).

As it turned out, they picked up a tail later on and ended up in a massive shootout at the airfield. Pilot and plane bought it, pistol guy from post above took one in the leg and ended up MIA, knife guy and the mark fled across Europe by land.

Ended on a question mark, but great oneshot.
>>
>>45520579
>unleash a bunch of Toxic Shamans on the housing-section of a R&D compound as a diversion.

Why not just go total Insect Shaman if that's your idea of a "diversion"?
>>
>>45521149
Horribly charitable or Charitably Horrible?
>>
>>45520904
>once word got around on that crew turning on a job they'd never get work from a corp again.

>everyone who works for a mega has exactly the same moral outlook
>corps sharing embarrassing information
>corps admitting to human trafficking
>corps hiring runners directly, not through 3rd parties (i.e. johnsons) for deniability
>corp workers knowing which runners are doing their jobs
>no-one besides this tiny group even gives a shit about slaves
>no-one would see this as an act of moral courage or integrity
Shiggy Diggy Doo

They'd totally lose some favor with the fixer who gave them the job, but the decision is ultimately respectable. They'd quickly get a reputation for ruthlessly opposing slavers. Some potential contacts might see them as runners with integrity and reach out to them. The corp's enemies might figure the runners hate that corp, and their 3rd parties might try to hire them in jobs against the corp, particularly in sabotaging their operations related to slavery. The abolitionists who they helped, and anyone else who supports their cause, would also be grateful.

So it's not a complete loss. No-one would try giving them the same job again, obviously, and most of the nastier work would be kept from them, but it could open doors elsewhere.
>>
I let them have fun.

Their plans worked, any divination was humorous or played into their strengths. The set up events weren't too challenging though they were fluffed out to be. They were so enjoying this till half way through.

Then they realized I was smiling the entire time, no frustration at my "plans" being ruined. No sign that things were wrong. Just smiling as they did whatever they wanted with nearly no consequences.

Then they circled the wagon cause they belived they missed something obvious. They went back to places, generaly ruined npc relationship, and otherwise became fucking paranoid and seemingly couldn't find a thing to alleviate it.

Anything bad that happened to them was purely because they decided to fuck it up themselves, and oh did they fuck it up.
>>
>>45520866
>If it wasn't an NPC I bet the entire campaign would've been a bust.
No shit, Sherlock.
You'd have to be pretty fuckin /d/ to stay in that group.
>>
>>45521775
>I let them have fun.
Stopped there you fucking monster
>>
>>45520579
Ahh, yeah, the one story with the drones and the old nuclear silo, right?
>>
>>45521934
Dude, >>45521775 is doing the 'just enough rope to hang themselves' technique. He wasn't approving of it, he was just lettting themselves fuck themselves over.
>>
>>45522041
>letting anyone have fun
>EVER
>>
>>45520273
Eh, he might just be trying to improve his STANDING
>>
>>45521688
You know what? Maybe my view wasn't as nuanced as I thought it was because i never thought of it in those terms. That's neat.
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 661x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 661x1000
>>45518803

Interface zero here as well

>players are tracking a mid level virtual celebrity
>think YouTube star of the future
>get a tip that the local Triad cartel may have information about his whereabouts
>walk into the first store I describe once they reach they reach downtown
>one player immediately holds store owner up at gunpoint, thinking him a high level triad agent, because he is old. And Asian.
>street Sammy goes in the back to look for others
>wanders around the back and hears the sound of someone else
>due to a series of critical fails, gets fully bodied by a 10 year old hiding behind a shelf
>10 year old makes a break for it
>sound causes player to blow old man away at point blank range
>child is orphaned and escapes into the streets
>his cry of "Uncle Wong is dead!" Echoes down the street
>MFW they try to use "slaying Uncle Wong" among their credentials when they finally meet the Triad boss and realize what they'd done
>>
The worst thing my party has done was in Pathfinder when they created Morlock Batman.

They were going through a cave system, dealing with Morlock ambushes and whatnot, when they came across the main living area.

They killed all the adults and set fire to the pit all the children were in. All but one, which they left alive.

Now, Morlocks don't really give a shit about eachother, but the party didn't know that and I like the idea of Morlock batman too much to let it go. Some day he'll be back to lay the sickest ambush I can come up with.

Not as evil as a lot of the things in this thread, they're a fairly tame bunch.
>>
File: image.jpg (691 KB, 1910x1420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
691 KB, 1910x1420
Played in a 3.5 game during college.

>in a cave system tracking down a Grey Jester
>had been abducting kids from the local village
>after a few twists and turns, we corner him in his lair, surrounded by zombie kids
>rogue throws down caltrops to control the field
>then takes one of the zombie kids
>kid shaped path now available in the caltrops for the rogue/party
>Jester stuns party members and disarms rogue after a few turns
>1d4+1d6+4 sneak attack damage with caltrop ridden child corpse for the KO

He later fell and turned Dark Side when a Death God conquered the region several sessions later and ascended in the new demigod pantheon after killing the party cleric.
>>
>>45522207
He really does sound ON THE EDGE
>>
>>45522763
Well that's what happens when you're in control OF A CRATER
>>
File: 0z6yfcx4_400x400.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
0z6yfcx4_400x400.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
>>45519511

Making money and gaining experience is how you beat the campaign!
>>
>>45522240
You know what? That was thoughtful of you. You could easily have called me a faggot or something, but instead you seriously considered what I had to say. You're neat, anon.
>>
>>45522857
Well, you know whatTHE PROPHETS ONCE SAID about that
>>
>>45522857
Well, sometimes I suppose you just gotta go for it LIKE THE PROPHET ONCE SAID
>>
>>45522895
Fuck. I fucked up.
>>
>>45522240
>>45522894
>>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>45522923
Hey, sometimes you gotta try. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, AND THE ASHES ARE ALL COLD NOW
>>
>>45523824
It's kinda the surprise you get when you have NO MORE BULLETS
>>
>>45522897
>>45523824
>>45524131
>>45522763
>>45522207
Everytime text is spoilered, something lewd happens to loli somewhere in space and time.
>>
>>45520291
>>45519957
To be fair something like this is described being done in the Ascension rulebook against a greater daemon in that story as well.
>>
This is the from a short campaign I ran over the summer

>PC's trying to earn the favor of the local king
>Hear that the king is having problems with satyr and other fey insurgents and that the area is potentially on the brink of revolution

The plan here was that the players would feel out the situation and either placate the revolution or fight against the (not so secretly evil) king.

>Players investigate and find that the de facto leader of the insurgents along with other high profile revolutionaries currently having a multi day revel as part of a cultural holiday
>Go back to the city and make a lot of poison
>Proceed to poison hundreds of innocent fey, including women and children
>party goes home, takes a nap, comes back to find the fey population has mysteriously been overtaken by a "plague"
>while the fey do their best to treat the poisoned, the party sneaks into the tent housing the leader of the revolution
>he is really sick
>burly party member wants to RIP HIS FUCKING HEAD OFF WITH HIS BEAR HANDS (not a typo, he was a bear)
>I ask for a strength check
>shitty roll, 11
>"You snap his neck but his head is still attached"
>"I roll again"
>12
>"Some of the skin around the throat is beginning to tear, but the neck is still intact"
>at this point, even the most hardcore party members are having second thoughts at the gruesome scene, but its too late to turn back
>last strength check, 21
>party takes the head and stuffs it in a bag and begins sneaking out
>one of the party members who planned this whole mess chimes in
>"Lets burn this tent city to the ground, to cover our tracks"
mfw the party commits semi-racially motivated genocide for an evil king they haven't met yet
>>
>>45519382
>the "Muh Rhodesia was a white paradise" meme

Fuck off /pol/
>>
>>45519802
>rape in your campaigns

Fucking faggot

>>45519837
Fuck off retarded edgelord
>>
>>45518803
>lamplighters

First campaign I ever ran, the supposedly good PCs ruthlessly tortured a guy for information. They were going into detail about it, cutting off fingers and shit.

He wasn't supposed to know anything, and was just feeding them lies to make them stop, but I figured I'd get complaints and I was afraid they wouldn't like my GMing if I did that, so I made him tell them truthful information.

Next campaign, they played more neutral characters (though I think there was at least one supposedly good guy there). Their character's exploits consist of doing everything possible to avoid helping anybody, and accepting contracts to kill or otherwise "take care of" innocent people.

Third campaign. They're actually playing good people now. They fuss a little any time killing someone would be more convenient, but overall, their characters do the generally right thing.

Though they're also planning on overthrowing the pope and advocated the death sentence for someone who they know or should know committed crimes while under mind control. So it's a mixed bag, but they're improving their ability to play "good" people.
>>
>>45519625
Why punish only the hacker?
>>
>>45528170
Because she was stated to be a political activist and cutting off contact with people known to aid Megacorporations in retrieving their lost "property" was the only in character thing for her to do.
>>
>>45522566
Oh my Gawd...

I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO LIKES THIS SETTING
>>
>>45528327
That makes sense.
>>
>>45527573
That's pretty brutal. Did they end up making a good impression on the king?
>>
One of the stories passed around my group explains why we fade to black torture scenes.

>party has captured someone they need information from
>asking nicely, not so nicely, at swordpoint all fail
>torture ensues
>this guy won't break
>things get Guantanamo
>still won't talk
>player pipes up
>"I'm gonna give him a banana split with sprinkles"
>everyone 'wut's
>prisoner's cock is butterflied lengthwise
>glass is ground
>liberally applied to the wound
>cock is magically repaired
>with ground glass in it
>prisoner is smacked awake after passing out during the procedure
>"Answer my questions or I'll give you a handjob."
>"FUCK YOU"

He didn't last long. But that's why we fade to black.
>>
File: who would do this and why.png (432 KB, 628x350) Image search: [Google]
who would do this and why.png
432 KB, 628x350
>>45529656
He knew the prisoner could seriously die from that kind of internal bleeding, right? Let alone the fact that he could probably never love a woman again, that poses a lot of risk for the questioning.
>>
>>45529696
A healer was on stand-by in case he lost consciousness.

Pretty sure they killed him after they got their intel.
>>
>>45529656
>this guy will never break no matter what because GM said so lol
This is why I'm extremely reluctant to use torture as a PC.

An in-character torture scene resolved through RP is basically a game of making the GM feel uncomfortable enough that he'll just give you the correct information so he doesn't have to hear about it anymore.
>>
>>45520579
>>45521977
That was such a good read.
And the timing element was amazing too, since it was more than just risk vs. reward, but also different threats cycling in.
>>
>>45519751
Those percentages seem wrong
>>
>>45530566
I think they refer to the percentage of slaves, not overall population.
>>
>>45519511
>I never understood it. It's fantasy money
And these are fantasy slaves. And they're playing fantasy characters. Who are apparently amoral corporate mercenaries, not an unusual archetype for a cyberpunk game.

Why is it a problem that they do morally questionable things, like recapturing clones?
>>
>>45519957
Acceptable losses, brother. You did what you had to do.
>>
>>45521977
Link?
>>
>>45520237
>We did save a single baby though.
It's the host for one of the daemons, anon. They used it as a vessel to escape.

There's only one thing to be done.
>>
>>45521042
Oh, man, that's fucking /good/.
>>
>>45527573
Was he grateful?
>>
>>45527991
>I figured I'd get complaints and I was afraid they wouldn't like my GMing if I did that, so I made him tell them truthful information
>>
>>45527790
lol, you seem upset
>>
I'll always remember one group I GM'd for:
>activist group (in it for helping, spend the money helping the poor and only accept morally acceptable job)
>The group is pretty nice, with that "I do what I have to do" vibe that keeps them morally grey
>Except the quiet one. He was actually a megacorp spy sent to guide the group on the jobs the corp could not do overtly.
>He was a cold motherfucker and REALLY not afraid to use violence while the rest of the group tried to keep things as peaceful as possible

As it happen, nobody caught on he was a mole, and he continued to guide the group towards the jobs the corp needed done. But with time, the group was becoming more known and the corp was afraid that connections would be made. The spy was given one last job to lead the group in: the infiltration of a military base in the Kamtchatka. The base would be manned by about two dozen operative with good gear and it was the job of the crew to get there, take some intel, and get back without being recognized.
However the spy was tasked to have the group framed for the job so that they would take the fall.
>The group arrive near the base with a military truck.
>They drive the truck to the entrance where most of the troops are waiting.
>When the dude searching the truck arrives, surprise! It'sz empty except for a bomb filled with an EMP and sleeping gas, downing instantly most of the guards.
>The group arrives from behind and take care of the rest of the operatives "peacefully".
>The spy says he is gonna keep an eye on the guards.
>He goes toward one of them who is also working for the corp to which he gives enough incriminating evidence to make them pass as a high-profile terrorist organisation.
>Then, OOC the players leans to me and says [/spoiler]No Russian.[/spoiler]
>He executes the others guards and goes back to the rest of the group who still isn't aware.
>The next job, everything goes wrong and they are assaulted and killed, except for the spy who bails out.
>>
>>45518803

There's one, but it was dealing with a villain. (So arguably the guy deserved it.) Basically, they were up against of the BBEG's lieutenants, a Wizard who was emotionless and affectless mainly because he considered himself above humanity. He'd always been regarded as a freak when he was younger, and became a misanthrope.

His one flaw was that he considered himself to be the smug mastermind type. When the PCs caught up with him, he surrendered, certain that they wouldn't hurt him because he knew too much.

What he didn't expect is that the moment he surrendered, the Rogue promptly smiled and hit him in the face hard enough to break his jaw. When he was down on the floor and rolling in agony, the party Fighter said, and I quote:

> "You really are a dirty, dirty little cunt, aren't you? You think you're really smart, right? How smart will you be with your hands broken?"

They promptly broke his hands. The Cleric then cast a healing spell, and the exact line that follows is:

> "There. All better. Ready to be crushed all over again."

Seriously, this was schoolyard-bully levels of taunting. They were kicking around a guy with broken glasses and a shattered jaw, and taking open relish in tormenting him.

So, how did they kill him in the end? One of them took his life's work, this huge book where he'd compiled his theories of whatever, and they used it to beat his brains out. I mean, the last thing he ever saw on this earth was the village boys who harassed him as a child, finally come back to kill him.
>>
File: 1452828939383.png (469 KB, 642x414) Image search: [Google]
1452828939383.png
469 KB, 642x414
This is more retarded than evil but it kind of fits the theme

>Party needs favor from wizard
>Wizard sends them off to fetch magic item from a necromancer friend of his who lives outside a nearby village
>Necromancer however has been cursed with lycanthropy and killed the last party sent there and made zombie ghoasts out of them
>Except for a rogue which he keeps imprisoned while trying to infect him with lycantrophy to get a companion
>Since he's not a natural lycanthrope this does not work, but neither necromancer nor rogue know this
>The players find the starved, weakened and crying rogue, hear his story, try to rub silver coins on him to decide if he's infected or not.
>After clearing the rest of the cave and killing the necromancer the players decide that they must do the good thing and prevent the rogue from turning
>Bolt ace tiefling needs grit so they decide that they'll get two birds in one shot
>Their master plan: blindfold the rogue and make him walk out of his cell, shoot him so he doesn't know what hit him
>One of the players bursts into his cell, tells him that the necromancer cast a light spell which will fry his eyes, and tells him to put the blindfold on
>Rolls horrible bluff, rogue doesn't buy it
>They argue a bit, meanwhile bolt ace sneaks in, rolls attack
>Rolls terrible damage
>Rogue is now screaming, crossbow bolt in his stomach
>Party arcanist tries to convince him that it was the light spell that attacked him and that he really needs to put the blindfold on
>Rogue definitely doesn't buy it, still screaming in panic
>Bolt ace reloads his crossbow and shoots another bolt
>Terrible damage roll again
>Rogue now has two bolts in his stomach, is screaming and crying, spewing blood, asking the players why they're doing this
>Other players walk out of the room, defeated, while the tiefling reloads his crossbow again
>This time the shot kills him

All it would've taken to avoid this was a knowledge check
>>
File: 1389402941436.jpg (25 KB, 230x196) Image search: [Google]
1389402941436.jpg
25 KB, 230x196
I had a guy playing a paladin who crucified an orc's warchief for being a heathen.

He also forced the orc's subordinates to help carry out the deed, under pain of them being crucified also.
>>
>>45518803
>HUNTING RUNAWAY SLAVES
Different world, different rules. If you're going to have a setting that's different from this world, and actually show your players that this is how shit works, don't flip your shit when they don't self-insert and instead roll with their character in YOUR setting.

Basically you're overreacting because you don't understand that morals are based on the world, not some universal value. Even in this world someone who would CAPTURE RUNAWAY SLAVES was often seen as a valuable service, not a horrible monster. You do understand that, right?
>>
File: thisishawkward.gif (1 MB, 482x344) Image search: [Google]
thisishawkward.gif
1 MB, 482x344
>>45518803
Oh fuck, I forgot this.
>Delta Green
>Open Green Box
>Random contents include a 100gram baggie of high-purity ecstasy in bright coloured tablets.
>PC takes it
Par for the course
>Later, PC is going to enter a private club where people are frisked on entry
>Spots kids playing, were in the suburban description earlier
>Tosses them the baggie
>"Don't eat it all at once, you'll spoil your dinner!"
>Kids run off with their score of "candy"
MFW
>>
File: 1388636790953.png (164 KB, 703x419) Image search: [Google]
1388636790953.png
164 KB, 703x419
One of the first campaigns I played we were a full good aligned party that just started fucking with a lolth worshiping drow city, under the pretense that we could do evil things to them because they were evil.
Eventually it got to the point where we were basically terrorists, going from pouring vats of oil into the spider pits, capturing priestesses and selling them into slavery above ground, murdering a church full of people to get to a huge golden statue we wanted, blowing up buildings as a distraction while we broke into a pricey weapon shop, ect
We didn't even realize what we were doing until we were leaving the city for good. We had a huge cart filled with gold, gems, slaves and artifacts, as well as a dozen young girls at sword point, killed one in front of the guards and threatened to kill more if they didn't let us leave right that instance, they paused so we killed another and they just opened the gates and said we wouldn't get away with this. We then stone shaped the tunnel shut once we got to a small enough passage, and told the slaves that there was no point running, everyone that they loved was probably dead by then due to the Bitumen/Sulfer chemical fires we had lit filling the cavern. After that there was silence for a good solid minute as it all dawned on us before the DM starts laughing, "And you all wondered why they hated surface dwellers."
>mfw he asked if we still wanted to sell them to slavers
>>
>>45520579
My players ended a campaign by convincing a local gang of toxics their friend (who'd been gunned down by the PCs in the wilds outside Seattle) was being held prisoner by Aztechnology, and so got a distraction while they busted in to wipe the local files on their technomancer friend.
>>
File: (CAN'T EVER WAKE UP).png (56 KB, 166x205) Image search: [Google]
(CAN'T EVER WAKE UP).png
56 KB, 166x205
>>45532086
>Later, PC is going to enter a private club where people are frisked on entry
>Spots kids playing, were in the suburban description earlier
>Tosses them the baggie
>"Don't eat it all at once, you'll spoil your dinner!"
>Kids run off with their score of "candy"
That's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>45518803
>condoning theft
They simply brought thieves to justice and returned property to its rightful owner.
Breaking the fingers of the employee was unnecessarily cruel and unjustified though.
>>
>>45531433
Satisfying!
>>
>Playing Shadowrun
>Players get a job to destroy a prototype McGuffin before it can be demoed, bonuses for also wiping the plans off the local nexus and grabbing the techs who were working on it.
>Expect them to be their usual operator selves and infiltrate the lab, which is in a building in downtwon Denver, and keep things quiet like their last handful of runs.
>Instead they go full terrorist, buying up every gram of explosives they can let their hands on, packing it into a stolen van and blow up the building in question.
>As well as a good sized piece of downtown.
>Players then spend 90% of what they made off the job getting new identities when they all land on the most wanted list.
>Party is now laying low in central Africa regretting their decision.

Seriously guys, did you think that your shady as fuck contacts WOULDN'T sell you all out when they saw how many zeros are on your bounties?
>>
>>45532086
I mean
that is true
>>
File: 1393925379223.jpg (168 KB, 917x845) Image search: [Google]
1393925379223.jpg
168 KB, 917x845
>>45518803
Used bunch of false flag terrorist attacks to kickstart a bloody civil war, all for the sake of reaching a guy they really disliked.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.