[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
City of the Dead Quest 10: The End is Nigh edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 16
The story so far >>45478172

Are you prepared for some 1's, /tg/?

>When we last left our heroes, they had been captured by the Owl's and held up in the old Police Station. Our good buddy Romero turned out not to be a great buddy after all when he delivered the Owl's leader a child to experiment on in return for the location of Patient Zero, who, in a SHOCKING TWIST, is Romero's daughter. A rescue mission is pulled off as Sara and crew return to bust you out of prison and shoot up the owl's base. Eric kills the leader of The Owls and allows himself to burn to death alongside his infected and reanimated son. As the group prepares to track down Romero and find Patient Zero, Charlie gets bombarded with a message to his head from Zero herself, telling him that she's single and ready to mingle, or something to that effect.

Questions for the players
>How was your day?
>Who will make it out of this alive?
>Who, if anyone, will die in this very thread?
>How fucked is Romero when you catch him?
>Patient Zero: Would you tap that?

"So, where does that co-ordinate take us?" Annie asked you as you clutched the paper in your hands.

"Looks like it's another one of Trioxin's secret labs," you answer, "this one's nearby the city ports.

"What? But that's on the other side of the city!" Logan protested. "We're going to need some kind of ride if we ever want to get there on time. Who know's what Romero's going to do when he gets there?"

"Probably let her loose on the streets," Brian suggested, "and bro, I don't think we're ready to handle that."

"The Owls are likely to have made use of some form of vehicular transport," Christine chimed in, "Perhaps we should investigate the immediate area. Conduct a full search." You nod to this suggestion. There's bound to be some kind of vehicle you could use nearby. Time to get searching.

>ROLL D20
>>
File: sara.png (255 KB, 559x621) Image search: [Google]
sara.png
255 KB, 559x621
And don't anyone forget the time you couldn't protect her smile
>>
File: Shadow teddie.png (40 KB, 500x176) Image search: [Google]
Shadow teddie.png
40 KB, 500x176
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>45518516
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>45518612
is everyone else dead
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>45518516
>>
>>45518727
Let's just stop here
>>
>>45518516
>>How was your day?
Bombed a test today; but now relaxing at work browsing 4chan cause I got everything done and my boss left. So pretty okay.
>>Who will make it out of this alive?
Hopefully not heather.
>>Who, if anyone, will die in this very thread?
Probably most people besides Charlie, Sara (fingers crossed), Brian (our brosif needs to live) and maybe former best girl
>>How fucked is Romero when you catch him?
He'll probably be dead already or turned into a mini boss
>>Patient Zero: Would you tap that?
Cheating on your waifu will ruin your laifu.
>>
>>45518612
>>45518727
>>45518793

Outside of the police station, you and the group find an intact Police Van, with the door left open. You climb inside, but can't start up the vehicle without a set of keys. "Okay, do any of you know how to hotwire a car?" Brian confidently raised his hand and went to work.

As he worked on the van, you are approached by Logan. "So, when we find Romero... what's our approach? Are we going to go with 'shoot on sight' or do we want to take the guy alive?"

"BOY DO I HOPE IT'S SHOOT ON SIGHT!" Johnny yelled, slapping his thigh.

>A) We don't want to kill him, not at least until we have answers. We can peacefully bring him to justice.
>B) If you see him, kill him. He's gone too far and has to pay for what he's done.
>C) I... I just don't know yet.
>>
>>45518999
>We can't be sure yet, who knows what he and Patient Zero are up to. If he can be brought down without a fight and brought to justice, we should try; if he's too far gone we may have to kill him. It'll probably be the latter, with Patient Zero in the question.
>>
>>45518999
>He needs locked up for life. And maybe beaten a few times.
>>
>>45518999
>>A) We don't want to kill him, not at least until we have answers. We can peacefully bring him to justice.

If he shoots first and endangers anyone's life, especially Sara's, though you're free to shoot him in the face
>>
>>45518999
>>A) We don't want to kill him, not at least until we have answers. We can peacefully bring him to justice.
Alive if possible, but shoot at the slightest provocation.
Not to be nice, but so we can personally beat the ever living shit out of him.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>thought when we first met Sara she was gonna be a throw away character who dies early
>becomes waifu
Gotta say, wasn't expecting it.

Rolling to see if this is a 1s or 20s thread.
>>
Rolled 20, 18, 9, 15, 16, 14, 9, 11, 8, 20, 8, 8, 9, 11, 20, 2, 18, 15, 10, 12, 10, 2, 13, 8, 10 = 296 (25d20)

>>45519264
This will tell us.
>>
I'm not sure if we covered this, but what does Charlie look like, exactly?

Also, would love if a drawfag drew a pic of Charlie and/or a pic of Charlie and Sara together
>>
>>45519048
>>45519067
>>45519089

"If you say so," Logan replied, "but I've found the shoot on sight method to be a hell of a lot more effective. I'm sure the twins would agree, if they were still with us."

"WHAT A LOAD OF OL' BALLSACKS!" Johnny exclaimed once he heard he wouldn't get to shoot Romero, but he happily boarded the back of the Police van anyway.

A rumble come from the van as Brian gets it started and takes the wheel. "Okay bros and ladies, we are ready to roll!"

"I'll take the passenger seat!" Heather yells as she rushes for the van, only to be cut off by Annie.

"Yeah, that's not happening," Annie says to her as she slides in beside Brian. "No need to thank me," she whispers to him, as Logan also squeezes into the front.

"Okay, everyone else, get into the back!" you command, as the rest of the group fills into the van.

While the van starts to get moving, you hear Heather grumbling on the bench beside you. "I just don't understand! This could be our last day on earth, and I am so much better than that dumpy hound!"

"You know I can hear you, right?" Annie answers from the front, which Heather ignores.

"It's just... Why don't they love me?"

>A) Humour her
>B) You need to learn to grow up
>C) You're very difficult to love
>>
>>45519316
I've said before that my image while writing him was of a 5'8 manlet version of Jim from The Office.
>>
>>45519318
>B

Charlie needs to go full dad-mode on this girl.
>>
>>45519318
Give her a real heart to heart, in a way that isn't insulting. People sometimes just need help to see where they need improvement.
>>
>>45519290
>three 20s
>no 1s
This thread will be grand.
>>
>>45519392
This.
Those were more or less Ruby's last words, and we don't want her going down that road.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 423x237) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 423x237
>>45519341
I can see, maybe just a little less handsome/little more scraggly. He was a quiet office nerd after all.
>>
>>45519413
We just used up all our 20s.
>>
>>45519392
Backing tis
>>
>>45519363
>>45519392
>>45519425

You sigh, knowing that you'll have to deal with Heather's attitude now before it becomes a real issue. "Look Heather... you can't expect either Brian or Logan to love you just because they have no other choice. You're what? 17 years old? When we fell into this situation, a lot of us had to do some serious growing up. Brian did it, Eric did it, I did it... we all did, except you. You're still a 17 year old girl, but now the time has come that you need to grow up. You need some maturity if we're all going to work together here, okay?"

You had hoped it would get through to her, but Heather instead just pouted. "Grow up? You're not my dad, Charlie... god." In a huff she forced Christine to switch seats with her, distancing herself from you by less than five feet. Christine was more than happy to plop down beside you.

"You delivered a fine speech to the young one," Christine turned to you with a smile on her face, "I am sure she will rise up to the challenge presented."

"NO I WON'T! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!" Heather angrily protested.

You roll your eyes, hoping she'll eventually come around, when the van comes to a dead stop.

"Guys," Annie calls your attention from the front, "Zombies."

"Yeah, we know..." you answer.

"I don't think you do," Logan replied. "Lots of zombies. Hundreds. Right in front of us."

"Shit... can we turn back, take another road?" you ask.

Brian checks the rear-view mirror. "Nope."

"We're surrounded?"

"Yep."

"Fuck."

>A) Let's try to find a back alley we can drive through or something (ROLL D20)
>B) Okay, get your weapons ready. We're going to have to step out and clear a path ourselves.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>45519733
DEAD END incoming.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>45519733
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>45519733
i already voted i'm just rolling some more
here's a crit for (you)
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>45519766
>>45519768
We ded

>>45519733
>>
>>45519796
no we ain't thanks to this beautiful fucker
>>45519785
>>
>>45519823
>inb4 15 wasn't quite high enough
>>
>>45519890
Hey man, at least it wasn't a 1
>>
>>45519766
>>45519768
>>45519785
>>45519796

"Hang on bro, I think I found something," Brian says as he looks around. "Uhh, this might be a tight fit, so hold on..."

As Brian tries to fit the van into the alleyway he found, there is a loud screech of the outside of the vehicle scrapping against the alley walls. Sara clutches your hand and squeezes tightly, clearly irritated by the noise. Still, the van is able to make it's way through the alleyway after losing a good bit of it's paint, and avoid the zombie horde.

"That was close..." you say, "What's the status report?"

"Well bro, there are a lot less undead on this path," he says, "so hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here on-HEY LOOK, PEOPLE!"

You can't see what Brian's trying to call your attention to, so you have to ask. "How many?"

"Three of them, and they look normal!"

"Yeah, we haven't had the best track record for coming across non-crazies," Annie replied, "But these people look fine! Let's pick them up!"

>A) Huh, we might actually be able to rescue some people for once.
>B) We have to press on. We have to catch Romero.
>>
>>45520007
>>A) Huh, we might actually be able to rescue some people for once.
Can we be pragmatic about it when we help them
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45520007
>psychopathic kid who filmed his friends being eaten
>Ruby
>the good doctor
>can't remember the old bastard's name in the hospital
>kinda sorta Johnny, let's be honest, he ain't all there
>fucking Owls

>A) Huh, we might actually be able to rescue some people for once.
Surely we're due some people who won't try to kill us.
Surely.
>>
>>45520007
"We pick them up, we hold them at gunpoint to check if they're owls. We can't afford to fall for the same trick twice, after all. If they're not owls, then we'll take them with us and apologize for guns in their faces."
>>
>>45520007
>>A) Huh, we might actually be able to rescue some people for once.

I can see tihs going very wrong

Just in case, have Sara and Logan be alert and ready for anything
>>
>>45520007
BB YOU RETARDS THE ZOMBIES ARE GETTING SMARTER
>>
>>45520118
No matter how crazy or normal someone is, I really don't think holding anyone at gun point can end very well
>>
>>45520158
Because it worked well when we picked up the owls and trusted them, right?
>>
>>45520007
>A
We're still the good guys here
>>
>>45520183
Heh, fair enough.
>>
>>45520065
>>45520074
>>45520131

"Okay, pull over and we'll let them in."

As Brian parks the van and you open the back doors, you notice Sara is readying a handgun. You suppose the last few encounters with other survivors have left the group more than a little paranoid. You're pretty fearful yourself.

Those fears are pretty much sated as you open the door and get a good look at the survivors. A fat balding man in his early forties, accompanied by two women of the same age.

"Wow, thanks for helping us out!" The man said, shaking your hand. "Thinks really have gone to hell in a handbasket here. I'm Bob, this is my wife Judy and her sister Julie. I'm so glad you managed to arrive when you-"

"Okay, what's you thing?" Heather asked, interrupting.

"My... my thing?" Bob asked, confused.

"You know! We've had a crazy doctor, a crazy ballroom singer, Brian told me about a crazy film kid, a crazy gun nut... no offence, Johnny."

"NONE TAKEN, MISSY!"

"So what's your thing? What's going to drive you to cold-hearted murder?"

A bead of sweat dripped down Bob's head. "Uh... I guess I enjoy a spot of golf. B-but never enough to kill anyone over!"

Heather glared at the trio with suspicious eyes.

>A) Don't mind her, Bob. She's just being paranoid.
>B) I've got my eye on you, Bob.
>>
>>45520323
"You see any Owls lately, Bob? Soldiers?"
>>
>>45520323
>>B) I've got my eye on you, Bob.

No offense, I'd like to trust you and save you and your family, but we've been through too much shit with too many crazy people to outright trust everyone we meet.
>>
>>45520323
B)
>>
>>45520323
>A
Be sociable, but do be prepared for the worst
>>
File: 1455405053981.jpg (25 KB, 320x304) Image search: [Google]
1455405053981.jpg
25 KB, 320x304
>>45520666
Nice try, satan.
>>
>>45518516
>How was your day?
Tired and boring.
>Who will make it out of this alive?
Everyone but Romero.
>Who, if anyone, will die in this very thread?
Romero.
>How fucked is Romero when you catch him?
He's gonna -ask- us to kill him, for the same reason that Eric died.
>Patient Zero: Would you tap that?
Does she have a penis?

>>45520323
>A) Don't mind her, Bob. She's just being paranoid.
"Everyone we've met so far has certainly been a character, and a handful of them haven't exactly been nice people. She's just trying to gauge whether or not it's safe to let the three of you inside. So... Is it?"
>>
>>45520378
>>45520645

"Oh... O-okay. T-thanks for saving us anyway..." Bob and his family take seats in the back of the van.

"Yeah, we've got our eyes on you Bob," Heather grumbled. "If that IS your real name!"

"Well, actually, it is Robert..."

"A-ha! The lies start to pile up already!"

You can see that Bob is scared and beginning to regret his decision to hop on board.

"Hey, most of you are bound to be tired, right?" Logan called in from the back. You couldn't deny it, the stress of the day had begun to take it's toll. Even Sara seemed a little less focused than usual, and she was the most disciplined of you all. "It's going to be a long drive until we get to where we need to be, so you can take a rest back there. We'll be sure to get your attention if anything comes up."

>A) Yeah, if I don't try to get some rest now, I'll probably never get another chance until all of this is over.
>B) I'm too on edge to get to sleep right now. I think I should try to force myself to stay awake.
>>
>>45520764
>>A) Yeah, if I don't try to get some rest now, I'll probably never get another chance until all of this is over.

>inb4 we go to sleep and the bobs take over the van
>>
>>45520764
>B) Ain't no 'Bob' gonna take over, NOSIREE... BOB
>>
>>45520764
>>A) Yeah, if I don't try to get some rest now, I'll probably never get another chance until all of this is over.
>we wake up to regret this
>>
>>45520764
>A) Yeah, if I don't try to get some rest now, I'll probably never get another chance until all of this is over.

Oh, right, uh. We should tell Bob that we're going to be getting into some shit, so if he wants dropped off somewhere safe, he should speak up now. We should also warn him not to trust any soldiers with owl insignias. If he asks why, just say they stole all our shit and kidnapped a few of us.
>>
>>45520764
"Logan, Annie, and Brian have our backs, and Brian and his wives can't do anything too colorful in here. Let's go ahead and close our eyes for a bit, Sara."
>>
Oh shit. Guys, before we rest, let's radio back to Fulci real quick. It might be nice to know that he's not dead, and Sara would probably appreciate hearing his voice.
>>
>>45520836
>>45520864
These are pretty good to do, I agree.
>>
>>45520864
Yea this

Just a quick "Hey Fulci, we miss you bby. Oh by the way we killed a bunch of those Owls we told you about and now we have to find patient zero which is apparently a fucking super intelligent psychic zombie which is also Romero's daughter so if you could spare any help or anything like that, yeahhhh I'd really appreciate it."
>>
>>45520892
"Let us know if you see a rhino nearby. It's scared of fire just like the other zombies, but tell us if you see it."
>>
>>45520864
>>45520876
>>45520892
>>45521012
You know what? Fuck it.; we have time, the Owls aren't listening in (and it doesn't even matter if the few at Zero's place are at this point), and Fulci could stand to know the whole story.

Let's just fucking info-dump him.
>>
>>45521097
Before we do, look to the Bobs and be like, "You guys ready to hear the wildest story of your lives?"
>>
>>45520792
>>45520825
>>45520836
>>45520838

"Yeah, I think it would be safe for us to catch just a little bit of shut-eye while we have the chance. What do you think, Sara-"

You turn to realise your girlfriend is already sleeping, leaning on your shoulder with her arms wrapped around your arm like a koala clinging on to a branch. Your girlfriend. The word sounds weird in your head. You never would have imagine something so great to come out of an event this tragic, but it did. A light in the darkness. Your thoughts soon turn to dreams however, as you begin to drift off.

"OH, TAKING A NAP, ARE WE?"

It's the woman's voice from before. You feel a sharp pain in your head.

"YOU KNOW CHARLES, YOU'RE A DEDICATED ONE. A REAL SURPRISE. YOU'RE A DARK HORSE APPROACHING THE FINISH LINE... BUT YOU AREN'T GOING TO FINISH THE RACE. YOU'RE WALKING INTO SOMETHING FAR BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION. PERHAPS WHEN WE MEET FACE TO... WELL, I HOPE YOU BEGIN TO SEE THINGS MY WAY. UNTIL THEN, ENJOY SEEING THE FATE THAT LIES IN STORE FOR ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS."

Your mind is bombarded with images of your loved ones meeting gruesome ends. Brian... Christine... Annie... Sara. The images feel so real you could almost touch them. You awake with a scream.

"Bro, you okay?" Brian shakes you to make sure you're doing fine.

"Yeah Brian, just a... bad dream. Wait, why are you in the back? Why are we parked?"

"I... kinda had a thought, and decided to take a slight detour."

"Good to see you again, son," a familiar voice from behind says, as you turn around to see Sgt. Fulci standing by the now opened back door of the van. "And Brian here tells me you're treating Sgt. Argento... very well, heh."
>>
>>45521127
OH BABY HI FULCI
>>
>>45521127
OH SHIT HI FULCI <3
>>
>>45521127
Anyone getting Code Veronica vibes over Patient Zero?
>>
>we use the pheromone on ourselves when approaching patient zero
>she finds us irresistibly attractive now
>she instinctively wants to do whatever we say as the ultimate sub
>>
>>45521191
"You'll never stop me Charlie! Not with your feeble friends, your weak arms, your... your dreamy eyes, your alluring scent... Take me you fool! Take me in front of everyone!"

Then proceed to have undead sex in front of her father
>>
>>45521127
"What are we doing here?" you ask.

"Well bro, when I realised how close we were to the city's east bridge, I thought we should pay Fulci a visit, and drop off a few survivors somewhere where they can be kept safe. I don't think we want the Bob's coming with us to fight Patient Zero," Brian answered. You're shocked to hear the Bob's didn't try to hijack the vehicle and murder everyone while you were asleep. Their normalcy was extremely disturbing to you.

"Only problem is," Fulci elaborates, "It seems one of your friends doesn't want to be left behind, and it's crucially important she be kept safe."

"I do not understand why I should be stranded here with these large aggressive men. They remind me very much of the other large aggressive men, and I do not appreciate it!" a voice from outside the van yells.

Christine. If she dies, then humanity's hope for a cure is lost... but knowing her scientific curiosity, she's likely demanding a chance to see Patient Zero in person.

>A) Okay, I'll talk to her
>B) Brian, come with me. You'd be a great help with this.
>>
>>45521277
i want them to be together so bad
>>
>>45521277
>/b/) Brian, come with me. You'd be a great help with this.
>>
>>45521277
I know it, Bob is gonna be a zombie. He's gotta be.

B) Please Brian x Christine
>>
>>45521277
If there's no cure to be found where we're going, it'll fall back to Christine to work on it herself with whatever resources are left to her. Given how quickly the virus evolves, it's crucial in that eventuality that she be able to start work as soon as possible, which means she has to be on the scene as early as possible.
>>
>>45521277
Why is she being stupid and trying to come with?

Also since Zombies are weak to fire we should mention to Fulci to at least convince the Military to throw some Incendiary or Thermobaric munitions in with the bombs in case we screw up.

Since we're apparently the only competent ones.
>>
>>45521380
Just because she's smart, doesn't mean she's smart
>>
>>45521380
>thermobaric
When I read this word, I thought it meant like some type of steam-bomb that floods areas with scalding, skin-melting steam. I am disappointed with the reality of it.
>>
>>45521415
This.....is a very good point, she goes in and she'll die.

>>45521459
Da, sadly Thermbarics are plain no fun bombs.....well, they can be fun sometimes..
>>
>>45521549
Thermobarics*
>>
>>45521306
>>45521328
>>45521336
>>45521337

"Wha? Why me?" Brian asked. "What good am I talkin' to the braniac?"

You shrug. "She seems to like you, in more ways than one."

Brian's eyes widened, remembering earlier. "Oh, cause she kissed me? Bro, it's a weird time for you to be playin' matchmaker!"

You shake your head and leave the van, with Brian following close behind.

"Hey brainiac!" Brian yelled at Christine, "what's this idea of you tryin' to come along with us? I thought you were supposed to be smart!"

Christine shook her head. "I am sorry, but it would be wrong for me to pass up an opportunity to study Patient Zero up close."

"It would be wrong of you to get yourself killed, dumbass!" Brian shouted, before letting out a sigh. "Look, if you care about the world, if you care about us, you'll stay here where it's safe. I'll take a picture of Zero, and I'll show it to you when I come back."

"You will return to me?" Christine asked.

"Yeah, of course Brainiac!"

"That is good. I do care about all of you. I care about you a great deal." Christine smiled. "It is settled then. I shall stay here, and you shall return with a sample of Patient Zero's tissue."

Brian wiped his forehead in relief that the issue was settled. You knew he could do it, you didn't even have to say anything at all. Your attention is caught by Fulci clearing his throat. "Now, as for Sgt. Argento... she has a wounded shoulder. She's still capable, but I feel she's done more than enough and shouldn't be pushing herself any further. For that reason, I think I should call her back to her duty here at the bridge. You've done a lot for her, so I want your opinion first."

>A) She should stay here
>B) She should come with us
>C) It's her choice
>>
>>45521635
Little bit of:
>A) She should stay here.
But actually:
>C) It's her choice.

Let her know we want to keep her safe but still let her choose y'know?
>>
>>45521635
>C
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>45521635
>have her stay
>we lose our best fighter and we all die

>bring her
>roll 1s and she dies

>C) It's her choice
I wash my hands of this.
>>
>>45521721
>implying our hands will ever be clean if best girl dies.
You're a funny guy.
>>
>>45521689
This

Goddamn there's no winning either way

>Bring her with us, Patient Zero psychic mind fucks her to death

>Leave her here, we return to find the bridge overrun and everyone devoured by zeds

Fuck OP
>>
>>45521635
>C) It's her choice
"She'll want to come with us though. She wants to see Romero dead. I really want her to stay here, but if we choose that for her then I'm certain that she'll find a way to make an appearance within murdering distance of Romero anyway."
>>
>>45521635
>C) It's her choice
In times like the end of the world, there's really no reason not to take all the help you can. But only she can gauge whether she will be help or hindrance.
>>
>>45521821
>everyone is already infected
>some just haven't turned
>the strength of Sara's rage cause the virus to evolve
>she fucking teleports to us to beat the shit out of Romero
>>
>>45521770
What if.....we move the Military back to the safe side of the bridge then blow it up? We die: City is Salamander'd and Waifu is safe.

We live and find cure: We just wait for Military to get a Bridge Carrier to drop a bridge over the gap or....well a Blackhawk or something.
>>
>>45521872
Good plan. Although maybe not blow the bridge up JUST yet.

Maybe just plant explosives all across the bridge, defend said bridge, but if a big ass hoard or something comes to overrun them, retreat and destroy the bridge.
>>
>>45521869
>we're already wearing the pheromone by then, so instead of killing Romero, she redirects her energies into fucking us instead
>>
This is kind of the most crucial part of this entire operation, how about another set of hands?
>>
>>45521689
>>45521698
>>45521721

You approach Sara, who is silently giving orders to a few other soldiers. "Hey... honey? Sweetie? Babe?" you ponder aloud, "I guess we haven't worked out pet names for each other yet." Sara smiles as she embraces you and leans in for a kiss, but you feel the need to make things clear first. "Sara, you're by far the most capable out of all of us... but you've already been shot once today, and I want you to be safe. After everything we've been through, I couldn't forgive myself if I let something happen to you. We're taking off soon, and Fulci thinks you should stay behind here. You've done more than enough for us already, but ultimately, it's your choice if you want to-"

You don't even have a chance to finish that sentence before Sara kisses you, then gets to picking up one of the flamethrowers. You should have figured. Her choice was always going to be to stick with you. Still, you're worried. You wonder how much her reasons for coming along are to protect you and how much of it is her desire to kill Romero.

As she and Fulci share a salute, Sara follows you as you hop into the front seat of the van, as Annie, Logan, Johnny and Heather all board the back.

"This is it, bro... are you ready?"

>A) Ready as I'll ever be
>B) Brian, I was never ready. Hasn't stopped me yet.
>>
>>45522018
>>B) Brian, I was never ready. Hasn't stopped me yet.
I didn't choose the MC life. The MC life chose me.
>>
>>45522018
>B
Humility: because pride cometh before the fall.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>45522018
Can you guys smell the 1s?
>>
>>45522052
>>B) Brian, I was never ready. Hasn't stopped me yet.
kek
>>
>>45521928
Equally good plan, but I dunno, that's just screaming for Pegasus Bridge: Unlive and Unloaded Edition to scream into action if we wait.

Pegasus Bridge being a bridge the Paras were tasked to nick during WW2.
Mind you I can't remember if the charges failed or if they were never activated....

>>45522018
Let us get it done.

C-Can we borrow a Suppressed Pistol and some C4 before we leave? Charlie should pull a GDI once we 'order' him to go into the building.
>>
>>45522018

>Everything gets bombed to hell if we fail
>Conventional firearms no longer a viable method of attack, so everyone without a flamethrower is basically useless defending the blockade
>Still can't spare soldiers to go secure Patient Zero
Goddammit.
>>
>>45522018
>>
>as we get closer, Zero's mental strength increases
>eventually its strong enough to physically control us
>roll to resist
>1
>we shoot Sara
>>
>>45522138
Everything not flame related isn't -completely- useless, sure small arms or even a HMG won't kill them anymore, but can't move if you ain'ts yous no limbs.
>>
>>45522128
I can see how it's safer to blow the bridge right away, but what if they have no choppers or anything available to get us out, and we're stuck here?

I'd be more okay with this plan if we're sure they have a plan a, b, c and d to get us out
>>
>>45522052
>>45522087
>>45522103
>>45522105

You grasp Sara's hand as the Van starts to move. "Bro... thanks." Brian appears to be getting a little misty eyed as he continues to drive. "I can't even start to list all the ways you've helped us out. We're going to save the world, aren't we?"

"Let's hope so," you answer.

"Yeah, we are. I'm with you till the end, pal." Brian smiles as you press on down the road, reaching further and further to your final destination.

"So, what do you think Zero's like?" Annie asked from the back. "I'm thinking 12 feet tall, and with... ONE THOUSAND TEETH! What about you, Logan?"

"What? Well, I'm thinking she'll look almost human, but with some kind of special..."

"BORING! I'm looking for abstract horror here!" Annie joked. "What about you Johnny?"

"I SAY SHE'S FLAMMABLE!"

"Uh-huh, almost forgot why we brought you along there. What about you Heather? You got any-"

"RHINO."

Annie isn't able to finish her sentence as Brian calls attention to the best directly in front of the van.

"Do we drive away?" you ask

"No..." Brian clutched the steering wheel. "It's in our way. We have to go through it. About time too, I'm real tired of this fucking rhino."

>ROLL D20
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>45522375
REV UP THOSE 1S!
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45522375
BRIAN PLS

WE COULDN'T WIN AGAINST IT IN A VEHICLE BEFORE, AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO MAGICALLY START NOW
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>45522375
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>45522375
Surely this 20 will save us!
>inb4 1
>inb4 deja vu
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>45522375
Brian x rhino forever
>>
>>45522440
stop rolling now
>>
>>45522306
That is a point, so far they haven't exactly shown themselves to have a great amount of equipment(Even taking into account the zombags immunity to fire I can't imagine Fulci being that panic'd when we radioed him if he had Bradleys or Abrams Tanks or something) so....yeah, we would exactly have a guarantee that we'd get out.

Last resort it is.

>>45522375
>Wants to roll but doesn't because bad luck and 1's.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>45522443
SO IT BEGINS!
>>
>>45522443
Fuck. It's best of three, right?
>>
>>45522443
Hello uno my old friend
You've come to take best girl again
>>
>>45522443
YOU......YOU.....YOU DILDO. JUST GO. AND STAY GO.

Lets just hope we get high rolls to scare it off with the Flamethrowers after it FUCKS OUR SHIT.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>45522375
I-it's okay we just need to roll a 20
>>
File: It is a good pain.jpg (41 KB, 245x204) Image search: [Google]
It is a good pain.jpg
41 KB, 245x204
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45522443
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>45522375
Oh God here we go
>>
>>45522462
immunity to everything that ISN'T fire* Fuck, I'm slipping.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>45522375
IT's.. it's best out of three, right? OP won't count that 1, will he?

>>45522462
If it comes down to it, it's an option.

Also, it's okay because someone else has to carry the burden of the 1 now.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>45522375
>already a 1
Well guys, it was nice knowing you.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

DOKTORE, ARE YOU SHORE DIS VILL VORK
HA HA, I HAF NO IDEA
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>45522375
Here's a 1 to make everything TWICE as bad!
>>
>>45522584
>>45522593

ANONSTHANK YOU WE ARE SAVED

DO YOU SEE TIHS BEAUTIFUL SHIT OP? YOU BETTER SEE TIHS AND NULL THAT 1 YOU LITTLE BITCH NIGGA
>>
>>45522584
>>45522593
>>
>>45522584
>>45522593
inb4 he already started writing and doesn't see them
>>
>>45522584
>>45522593
I like you both. I really like you both.
>>
File: MTMshot2.png (543 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MTMshot2.png
543 KB, 1280x720
>>45522584
>>45522593
>>
>>45522404
>>45522423
>>45522440
>>45522443
>>45522444
>>45522584
>>45522593
I'm only going to allow this because it was two 20's in a row. Thank me for being so generous with gifts of gold and silver.

Brian floors the pedal on the van as you and the group speed towards the rhino. Brian appears to be caught in a game of chicken with the infected rhinoceros and it's rider, as the two parties charge towards eachother. Brian, having learned better from the first time the group met the rhino, swerves at the last second, as the rhino charges on behind them. Brian hits the breaks on the van, with the rhino in their rear-view.

"NOW!" he yells to Johnny, who slides open the back door, incendiary grenade in hand. He tosses it directly under the rhino's feet and giggles in joy as it goes off, setting the rhino ablaze. The rider tries to climb off of the beast, but it is far too late, as the two go up in flames. At last, the rhino is no more.

Brian breathes a huge sigh of relief and throws up his arms in celebration. "We did it!" he yells, "I can't believe we did it!"

"Great job, Brian. Let's keep moving," you say as the van starts up again, nearing ever closer to the lab.

>ROLL D20
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>45522755
Is the curse of the 1s lifted?
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>45522755
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>45522755
>inb4 roll 1
>the rhino we killed was only the child
>now we meet papa rhino
>pissed off papa rhino
>>
>>45522787
We can only hope

Also thanks OP for being nice
>>
>>45522787
>>45522793
Somebody will now roll a 1.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>45522755
I claim this roll for rocky road!
Rocky road is best ice cream.
>>
File: oktoberfest.jpg (143 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
oktoberfest.jpg
143 KB, 1920x1080
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45522755
Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags.
>>
>>45522823
I prefer German chocolate.
>>
>>45522787
>>45522793
>>45522798

"We're finally here," Brian sighed in relief as you approached your destination. "Okay everybody, let's get-"

"Hit the brakes!" you yell, causing Brian to quickly stop the car, almost giving himself whiplash in the process. "What the hell, bro?"

"Look!" you point at the message spray-painted into the front of the lab. THE OWLS ARE WATCHING.

"So?" Logan asked from the back. "We already knew they were here."

"Yeah, but when have they ever put that message up and NOT set a trap?" you ask, before pointing out some shiny object on the road.

"Road spikes," Brian muttered. "Good spotting, bro. Looks like we're walking from here."

Brian opens the door, but is quickly impeded by a rifle shot that just about misses his shoulder. "Fuck, what now?"

You look before you to find a 7ft pain in the ass at the end of the road. Alan. With Hooper's death, Alan is likely the new leader of The Owls by default. He's probably more than a little upset with your group right now. "You folks just don't know when to quit, do you?" he yells out. "If you want to find Romero, good luck! When we got here, he shot down my men and ran inside. I can't find the bastard."

"So what, you're just going to try and gun us down?" you ask. "There's only one of you this time Alan. The Owls aren't a threat to us anymore."

Alan let out a laugh. "The Owls are dead! I'm not enough to stop you..."

Alan fires his gun wildly into the air, making an excessive amount of noise. He's attracting a horde. "But they are."

>ROLL D20
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>45523041
Just fucking shoot him already.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45523041
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>45523041
>roll 1
>this kills the waifu
>>
File: Kaneda.jpg (443 KB, 847x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kaneda.jpg
443 KB, 847x1200
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>45523041
That's all he's got?
There isn't an army big enough to stop us now that we're this close. Bring as many brain-eating fucks as you want, we'll just push through them all.
>>
>>45523087
>>45523106
Please no more rolling
>>
File: ti dessap ylraelc evah ew dna.jpg (148 KB, 1058x705) Image search: [Google]
ti dessap ylraelc evah ew dna.jpg
148 KB, 1058x705
>>45523087
>>45523106
IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
>>45523087
fuck...
>>45523106
...ing saved
>>
>>45523074
>>45523082
>>45523087
>>45523087
>>45523106
JUST STOP PLEASE. BEFORE YOU MAKE IT WORSE.(Good on you not 1 Guys. You are HEROES!)
>>
>>45522874
>>45522823
The best is COFFEE you heathens! And possibly homemade vanilla.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>45523041
>>45523106
GET ZEM, RAUS, RAUS!
>>
>>45523150
>coffee
I'd rather eat lead paint.
>>
>>45523074
>>45523082
>>45523087
>>45523106

You and the group remain determined as you all pulled out of the van and readied your weapons. The undead have done a piss-poor job of stopping you so far, and they sure as hell aren't going to start. Alan inadvertently gave your team more time to get ready, as the noise he was making lured the zombies onto him first, as the horde tore him apart.

It was then that you remembered the pheromone. It would be good enough to use on everyone in the group at the moment, and would last long enough for you guys to blast through them without being attacked yourselves until you reached the lab. And that's just what you did. With the pheromone sprayed on, nobody in the group were attacked by the undead, even as you began to burn the horde up with your weapons. You push past the bits and pieces of what once was Alan and make your way through the double doors of the lab. You breath a sigh of relief as you enter, but that quickly turns to panic when you see who stands in front of you.

"Hello Charles," said Romero, his hands in the air as a sign of surrender. "I heard all the commotion outside, I just had to see for myself."

Sara pulls out a pistol and aims it at Romero.

"Well, isn't this awkward?" Romero jokes, "Turns out you're here for petty vengeance. And I was just about to take you to my daughter..."

"Why would you want us to come with you?" you ask, warily.

"Why, Charles? So we can kill her, of course."

And that's all for what may be the penultimate chapter of CotD! Tune in next time for what may be the stunning conclusion, depending on how things go!
>>
>>45523348
You bitch. Leaving us at this moment.

Thanks for running!
>>
>>45523348

OP please do more quests after this one!
>>
>>45523348
Where are we now on the countdown to the bombs falling?
>>
>>45523348
>"Why would you want us to come with you?" you ask, warily.

>"Why, Charles? So we can kill her, of course."

So that means we let him take us there....THEN kill him?
Do we even still kill him?
Does she kill him or does he kill himself?
Perhaps our(Or Sara's) anger at what he done gets Zero excited so she uses BRAIN POWERS to make Romero kill himself?
>>
>>45523348
nice thread man
I bet there's a lot of experimented-on zombies in there. Irradiated, chemical-soaked, high vs low dosage, zeds made by cruder versions of the infinity virus. That sort of shit.
>>
>>45523348
Danke, Kamerade!

I'm really enjoying this quest, and I'm enjoying that you're willing to run it for us. Thank you very much.

I really want to see a sequel to this quest maybe, or at least another quest run by you.
>>
Damn good thread OP, thanks for running
>>
>>45523397
I do have plans for a future, more long-term quest, though it's very different from this. I'm also open to sequels to this quest, depending on how it all works out.

>>45523410
20 hours left
>>
>>45523452
Alien invasion sequel when?
>>
>>45523569
>Alien Invasion.

I could make a joke here about this being 40k the whole time(Evolving Zombies getting ded 'ard and Psychic Powers) but I won'.......I sort of did.

But seriously, I like this being on Earth.

Much as I like me some 40k you just don't stick it everywhere like some other people do with their 'things'.
>>
>>45523662
>thinking ayylmaos have to be related to 40k in any way, shape, or form
pls go
>>
>>45524086
At what point there did I say they HAD to fucboi? Really, point out to me the bit where I said "This better be 40k, only thing with aliums".

Oh wait, you can't? Then how about you shut off your projector and fuck off mate.
>>
>>45524152
>mate
british subhuman detected
>>
>>45524252
Again with the projection Quality, it's like I'm watching Asshole's Mind at the movies, but from the comfort of my own home!

Stay rustled kid, but maybe put an adult on please.
>>
File: Get a load of this guy.jpg (125 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
Get a load of this guy.jpg
125 KB, 640x496
>>45524295
And here we see the britbong, throwing an amazing tantrum several magnitudes greater than any other creature in the world is capable of. Soon, he will devour an excess of food, as his adolescence has taught him to in situations that his underdeveloped mind considers stressful. Were it not for the equally shameful females of his species, the britbongs would have died out long ago - and genetic defects from severe inbreeding are directing the species towards extinction regardless. Their only hope seems to be the aid of actual humans, a fact that they resent entirely.
>>
>>45524500
And here we see a small animal who is incredibly mad. Will you be done anytime soon, or should I wait?
>>
File: HAHAHAHA.jpg (106 KB, 755x960) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHA.jpg
106 KB, 755x960
>>45524539
>He thinks I'm experiencing anything other than the passive entertainment of trolling someone who's so easily riled up
>>
>>45524593
Yes you will be a while, oh well it'll be worth a chuckle. Continue.
>>
File: Brutal.jpg (12 KB, 300x173) Image search: [Google]
Brutal.jpg
12 KB, 300x173
>>45524500
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.