[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The entire party maxxed out _________ What's the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9
File: Desert Sorceress.jpg (294 KB, 600x787) Image search: [Google]
Desert Sorceress.jpg
294 KB, 600x787
>The entire party maxxed out _________
What's the best stat for this and why is it Charisma?
>>
because Charisma allows boring people to negotiate out of fighting altogether and turn the campaign into Diplomacy Simulator 2016
>>
>>45512504
No.

Charisma is alright but Wis and Dex are far more useful.

Think about a party with perception so high you can't surprise them, they can sense every single motive they want, survival checks out of the ass and so on.

And of course Dex especially if you got the saving throw proficiency will make you nigh immortal in battle.
>>
>Wisdom
>They don't go adventuring in the first place
>>
>>45512680
SHUT THE FUCK UP???
>>
File: 1336980045078.jpg (250 KB, 845x1000) Image search: [Google]
1336980045078.jpg
250 KB, 845x1000
>>45512504
Because there's no reason not to fuck your way to the top.
>>
>>45512676
>Missing the point

A party full of WIS people just makes all the sensible decisions and never makes a misstep or has any internal strife. They become the most boring party.
Full INT isn't so bad but everything will become discussions and planning.
Full DEX is also okay but you're all kind of pansies.
Full STR means you're all meatheads who are going to solve everything with violence.
Full CON means... dunno? You're all healthy. You can all take beatings. You can probably get a career in hard S&M play.
Full CHA means you're all FABULOUS.
>>
File: Fame-Seeker-Lenaelle.jpg (82 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
Fame-Seeker-Lenaelle.jpg
82 KB, 700x933
>>45512704
Not that anon, but you're a cunt.

Post charismatic bitches.
>>
File: fs2046.gif (646 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
fs2046.gif
646 KB, 250x188
Not being a Cha-lord is for losers. Strap a nuke to your chest as an interstellar negotiation tsctic.
>>
>>45512727

That doesn't look very charismatic to me.

Good appearance, but appearance is an amalgamate score of (Str+Dex+Con+Cha)/4.
>>
>>45512504
You know what's fucking fun? Convincing people to go through with terrible plans.
>>
>>45512776
Have you seen that hat? That's easily a +3 to Charisma.
>>
>>45512727
Not that anon, but you're a cunt.

Fuck you I am that anon. Cunt.
>>
OP, your thread is shit
>>
>>45512515
>>45512504
>>45512676

Charisma is a terrible stat to have the whole party max out, because it benefits the least from redundancy. You can't really help your friend talk. Just one person talks at a time.

And yes, my players have tried to get around this. They've been like "Hey, my charisma is high, too. Can I aid another on the paladin's Diplomacy check?"
"How?" I asked. "What is your character doing or saying?"
"Um... he's saying 'yeah, what he said!'"
>>
>>45512504
>The entire party maxxed out Synch Ratio

If the Angels defeat us, the entire world dies.

Therefore, if we defeat ourselves before the Angels get a chance, we can prevent the Angels from beating us because we are already beaten, and the world is safe forever!
>>
>>45513006
Your players are shit if they can't come up with more than one reason why the guard should let them through.
>>
>>45512504
The entire party maxxed out Dakka.
We might be reaching the point where there is enough Dakka.
>>
>>45513356
NOT ENOUGH CHOPPY YA GIT
>>
>>45512778
This
>>
>>45512716
This, this post alone could make this a good thread.

Thank you anon.
>>
>>45512716
>Full DEX is also okay but you're all kind of pansies.
A whole part of Legolas would be pretty badass.
>>
>>45512504
It's Dex.

Charisma is an abstract stat on social interactions and ''force of will'' which is kinda stupid in it self but the again it is a game mechanic.

Dexterity gives the whole party the ability to go skill-monkey ninja along with their normal classes.

Think of how annoying a party with 6 swashbucklers with magic initiate would be.

Unless you ban Booming blade or throw enemies with lightning resistance at them you are going to have a bad time DM-ing.
>>
>>45513350
Group seduction check.
>>
>>45513350
Teamwork might help with intimidation, since two scary guys are clearly scarier than one, but if you're trying to put people at ease and make them like you, having two people all up in your face cannot help with that.
>>
>>45514024

Yes it can, you're just an idiot.
>>
>>45513006
You put him on the spot. He totally could've helped by vouching for the other guy or giving his word the other guy is being honest or something.
I still agree cha is a bad stat to max as a party but that isn't the best example.
>>
Size. It doesn't matter if you have never been in a fight if you're part of a group of burly, eight-foot-tall monstrosities of men. Who the fuck's gonna get in your way when there's a chance someone in the group is tough as fuck.

Basically this is how gangs work. Also guns.
>>
>>45514024
>People can come up with different arguments for the same point.
>One person goes for the reasonable route while the other one flirts.
Shit, anon, there's a reason classic cons all involve working in pairs.
>>
Agility>Power=Dexterity>WP if psy.

Special tier, AKA the absolute madman:
Strength, because being a party of walking quakes is fun.
>>
>>45515279
An NPC shouldn't be a combination lock that you can brute force. 4-6 people all trying to converse with one guy at once, making slightly different points but obviously all with the same agenda, is going to be incredibly off-putting and look borderline insane.

And the reason classic cons involve working in pairs is so that one person can monopolize the mark's attention while the other works behind the scenes. This is because people are infinitely more comfortable when talking one-on-one.
>>
File: 1441301637504.jpg (41 KB, 374x374) Image search: [Google]
1441301637504.jpg
41 KB, 374x374
>>45512515
>Diplomacy
>Boring
>>
>>45513006
>Player 1 suggests something, rolling Diplomacy
>NPC does not like
>Player 2 rolls to assist, rolling Bluff
>Player 2 argues against Player 1
>Player 2 starts his argument convincingly, then trails off into a FATAL FLAW that could be avoided by following Player 1's plan
>Player 3 chimes in with a counter-argument to suggest a compromise, rolling Diplomacy
>Player 1 combines these three ideas into something like his own, but superficially sounding more beneficial to the NPC. Players 2 and 3 add to his bonus to aid another.

Aiding another with social encounters is easy as hell.
>>
>>45513006

>Max Cha bad

Yeah right we don't need/want more fucking hencemen.

Oh wait a 3aboo.

Nuff said.
>>
>>45515862
An NPC who does not just walk away from that vaudeville act after the first failed check is clearly based after quest-givers in MMOs, just rooted to the same spot and with less common sense and long-term memory than a goldfish.
>>
>>45516095
Seriously, nobody would sit through a bunch of random assholes having a debate two feet in front of him. He'd peace out or have them hauled off by town guards
>>
>>45515729
I don't believe I said 4-6 people. In fact, all of my examples used two people. In one, people come at someone from two different positions to make an argument. If you've never seen that, I suppose you've never been in a meeting. The other example I gave was one person keeping someone off balance, while another pushed his point. Everyone has seen this tactic work.

I suppose talking to two people at once is entirely foreign to some anons, though.
>>
>>45516095
You're right. People routinely walk away from conversations the moment something unexpected happens, especially in fiction. Hell, I can't think of the last time I saw more than two people in a room together.
>>
>>45512776
Hmm...

10+20+12+14 = 56
56 / 4 = 14

So in fact my current character's Appearance is equal to her Charisma score by that math. Neat.
>>
>>45513728
No, it would be gay. A party of Gimlis on the other hand... would be The Hobbit.
>>
>>45516095
Uh I would just call this a free show, but then again I'm a New Yorker
>>
File: latest.png (470 KB, 522x959) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
470 KB, 522x959
>>45512504

>Entire party maxed out Dexterity

The Dragon of Shatterstar Pass was slain. The Hobgoblin conquistatdores murdered in their sleep. The archlich Farthos utterly destroyed and everything that was not nailed down in his keep removed.

The world was saved.

But nobody was exactly sure by whom.
>>
>>45516415
What the hell kind of meetings do you go to? I have never been to a meeting where two people colluded to play Good Cop, Bad Cop and backstab some third party. Maybe I should count myself lucky.

People walk away from conversations as soon as it's clear that the conversation is only happening to push some agenda. As soon as you realize that the two people on the sidewalk who you thought needed directions are in fact there to talk to you about Jesus, you politely excuse yourself and leave. The fact that there's two of them does not help their case in the least.
>>
>>45516372

Talking to any people is entirely foreign to some anons.
>>
>>45512704
>ending a sentence with question marks when it's not a question
Stop this
>>
>>45517906
The pic isn't showing up for me, but that sounds like one hell of an interesting little story to add into a campaign.
>>
>>45512504
Not a D&D stat, but...

Stealth.

Very often, a party is only as stealthy as the least stealthy member. Having everyone able to be stealthy opens a lot of doors.
>>
>>45512504

>Entire party maxed out Strength

The Dragon of Shatterstar Pass, Hobgoblin conquistatdores and the archlich Farthos were bored in an asteroid.

The world exploded.

And everyone knew it was due to some dumb fucks who decided to kick the floor at the same time.
>>
>>45518266

He's a fire emblem char whose flaw is that allies and enemies alike don't notice him.

I'm good with an all int party. we could all be operators operating operationally.
>>
>>45517906

>Entire party maxed out Constitution

The Dragon of Shatterstar Pass was ravaging the populace. The Hobgoblin conquistatdores march didn't stopped their way, pillaging and murdering wherever they set afoot. The archlich Farthos raised his power on his keep, reaching godhood.

The world was doomed.

But the party didn't gave a fuck, they iddqd'd.
>>
>>45516123
>Hey guards there's this group of people talking with each other. Go arrest then please.
>Fuck no dude.
>But they're adventurers
>Okay. Get the guillotine ready!
>>
>>45515722
Why Agi before Dex? Dex gives both init and attack (not to mention block).
>>
>the entire party of bards maxed out charisma
>>
>>45518771
>Hey, guards, there's this group of people trying to fast-talk their way into a restricted area.
>What, all of them at once? They're not just letting one of them do the talking?
>Nope, they're all talking over each other.
>These are the worst charlatans I've ever heard of. To the pillory with them.
>>
>>45518992
>Hey captain. This group of guards went to arrest some charlatans but got massacred.
>we need reinforcements called in from the other towns to deal with this.
>>
>>45512727
>>45518204
>being this new
>>
>>45518623
I like this post. This is a good post.
>>
>>45512760

That's a great show
>>
>>45512716
This, except I disagree on the high WIS thing. High WIS would be something like those old movies Night of the Living Dead [1968] or Planet of the Apes, where everyone has this heavy veneer of reasonability and civility for everything they do, even when they're acting erratically.

It'd basically devolve into a comedy of manners of gentleman of varying alignments and philosophies all trying to act like their actions are totally in accordance with the vague principles of Reason, Common Sense, and Decency.
>>
I'm running a game for a party that all maxed INT
It's fucking amazing

Tactics, skills, bonuses everywhere, riddles, the works.
>>
>>45513006
>Not having your buddies say "Yeah" after everything you say
>>
>>45519426
>the legendary Alphaalpha
>>
Strength so they do more dmg so we can get through combats faster and spend more time on the juicy ERP
>>
>>45517906
Clearly it was thanks to the efforts of a rag-tag band of watchmakers and concert pianists.
>>
>>45512704
Considering the insane amount of wealth you get they'd be unwise not to.
>>
>>45512504
Probably not best for everyone to have maxed Charisma. I mean everything they face without logical reasoning will wreck their shit, and it's not like you can rely on convincing all the backwater guards to go at it.
>>
>>45512504
Look. I know you're one of my players. Just remember I expect blood when those +cha items start showing up on enemies
>>
>>45513006
>rest of party beatboxes in the background while one of the members uses Diplomacy
>>
>>45513006
What? Groups of people can make more compelling arguments and the like all the time. Multiple people playing off of each other toward the same goal can absolutely help.

Almost no con jobs only involve one person.
>>
Why do I need high CHA when I can roleplay for all the bonuses I might need?
High CHA, class abilities aside, is only for the weak roleplayers who need dice to do what they could do roleplaying.
>>
>>45512504
Constitution

The party travels the world, drinking taverns under the table and posing with their athletic physiques.
>>
File: 142444183248.jpg (43 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
142444183248.jpg
43 KB, 620x348
>>45513006
Player 1 starts speaking, players 2 through 5 make fabulous poses in the background and roll to assist.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.