[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Among the Stars Quest 34
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17
File: opener.png (2 MB, 860x1200) Image search: [Google]
opener.png
2 MB, 860x1200
Winged Osjiic fighters duel with Ahkam teardrop fighters, tearing through each other like a cannibalistic school of piranha as the leviathans of the sub-capitols and capitols fight around them. The battle was fierce over the surface of the Osjiic factory world, Ahkam zealots fighting fiercely to avenge their fallen demi-god believing the void powered imperialists to be the murderers.

Your Eyegore watches from beyond the system as the skies of the desert world turn bright with the burning debris of broken ships entering the atmosphere. Bright lances of void-light reach out from the surface, the powerful anti-orbital weapons cutting through sub-capitols with ease before they are reduced to smoking craters from the battlecruisers hull mounted gun. The capitol ship was bloodied yet still fighting fiercely.

The vaguely insectoid sub-light craft gathered from the Ahkam worshipers swarm like true insects, weapons ripping en masse through the hulls of the osjiic craft they engulfed. The airwaves were a tumultuous symphony of screaming, shouting, prayers and orders, your Eyegore doing it's best to sift through the myriad of signals.

The Osjiic and Ahkam were locked tight in combat, the two empires once again at each others throats but this time guided by your unseen hand. You wonder just how much longer your guidance would remain unseen and undiscovered. When the time came for you to reveal yourself, you know it will shake the foundations of power within this area of the galaxy.

Soon the New Necrotic Armada would make itself known and the Conquering Worm will step out into the galactic light.
>>
File: Jadykatwork.jpg (395 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Jadykatwork.jpg
395 KB, 800x800
>>45501608
Welcome back folks! Let's get this rolling

Pastebins: http://pastebin.com/u/ceronull
Make sure to follow my twitter where I announce the threads: https://twitter.com/CeroTheNull
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=death+among+the+stars
Ask.fm: http://ask.fm/DeathAmongTheStarsQuest

Stockpile:
>118380B (600 Catoblepas: 21000B, 10 Herds: 190B, Hunting outposts: 150B, 1000 Kelp Vats: 10500B, 3 Lichen Farms: 450, 200 Solar 3000)
>61440M (500 Diggers 10000M, 150 Entropic Excavators 22500M Daily, 40 Harvesters 2400M)
>Capitol City 40% (-500B -500M Daily)
>Deep Rot 75%

Troop Totals:
>2 Voidknight Disciples
>6000 Talons (20 Clutches)
>300 Aquatic Talons (1 Clutch)
>750 Cyclops: (15 Squads)
>100 Aquatic Cyclops (2 Squads)
>5000 Stingers (25 Platoons)
>250 Gargoyles (5 Flights)
>150 Aquatic Gargoyles (3 Flights)
>200 Flatbody Gargoyles
>1800 Trolls (12 Packs)
>1800 Shock Troops (12 Packs)
>120 Looms (4 Shoals)
>225 Crit Crawls (125 EMP 100 Exp)
>20 devouring swarms
>400 Stalkers (5 Packs)
>1 Alpha Stalker
>120 Shadows (2 Clusters)
>100 Think Tanks
>50 Cauldrons

Necrolyte Legion:
>1 Voidsinger (loyal)
>321 Legionnaires
>200 Stonestar Warriors
>1 Light Cruiser
>2 Frigates
>2 Corvettes

Enslaved Minions:
>Jor (loyal)
>30 Osjiic
>25 Dagger
>31 Colonists
>540 Stonestar
>24 Plainsrunner Osogo
>4 Ructu

Guests:
>Obsidianborn Construct
>30 Stonestar Researchers
>300 Stonestar Warriors

Vehicles/Ships:
>3 Void Terrors
>100 Chariots
>50 Hearses
>95 Coffins
>50 Support Coffins
>220 Nails
>40 Piercing Nails
>43 Corvette
>34 Frigates
>10 Dagger disguised Frigates
>4 ahkam frigates
>6 ahkam corvettes
>30 ahkam fighters
>13 Light Cruisers
>10 Heavy Cruiser
>10 Bloat Carriers
>10 Terrordromes
>2 Battlecruisers
>15 Eyegores
>1 Dagger Clanship
>1 Ahkam Destroyer (Inoperable)

Ships in Construction:
>1 Flagship (45%)
>2 Battleships (1 Days)
>3 Destroyers (1 Days)
>5 Battlecruisers (1 Days)
>>
File: ImprovedSkeletalTrojan.jpg (43 KB, 425x900) Image search: [Google]
ImprovedSkeletalTrojan.jpg
43 KB, 425x900
Completed Research:
>Lightning Rod: With the increasing battles against the Ahkam and their habit of using electricity and lightning as a weapon your Think Tank has a stroke of inspiration derived from the old lightning rods used at Agona's fortress on the perpetually stormy moon of the Lavafather

>Advanced Cyborg: A nimble and sophisticated enemy the Advanced Cyborg has a complete metal armor covering their body while not hampering their speed. They seem to fight with increased intelligence than the standard and shoddy models you've already encountered.

>Vaporizer Weapon: The weapon the Advanced Cyborgs carried was a prototype being developed and tested in the facility. A short-ranged but highly destructive blast of heat and overcharged energy is built up then fired. Living up to its name it flash-boils and disintegrates flesh, metal and plasteel with ease.

Current Research
>Combat Telekinesis: Very Slow
>Crystal Energy Sponge: Slow
>Military A.I.: Slow
>Beast Dissection: Medium
>Sedation Gas: Slow
>Combat Drone: Medium
>Communications Jamming: Slow
>Sabotage Pod: Medium
>Ship Grapnel: Slow
>Combination FTL drive: Slow and Dangerous
>Large Reconstructed: Slow
>Weaponized Tractor Beam: Slow
>>
Babe anon here.
Still lacking Disposable diplomatic things that can talk like the ones from HQQ.
Except in babe form.
>>
>>45501737
It's not really an issue for us since we can speak directly through any of our units
>>
>>45501733
(Turns out I must watch my niece for a bit. I wish people would tell me these things before showing up on my doorstep lol. Thread slightly delayed, sorry Feel free to plot and plan though)

Unlocked:
Lightning Rod: An inspired mix of the Conductive Armor and Arc Weaponry technology has lead to a mod for ships. Several large highly conductive metal rods jut from the hull of the ship with the intent to attract electrical and lightning based attacks. The rods are struck by the attack and channel it to the base, dispersing the charge along the conductive armor of the ships hull. Absorbed strikes can be stored instead to increase the firing speed of Lightning Cannon weapons. Cost: 30B 40M

Sprinter Legs: A specialized adaptation that configures a units legs into an ideal shape for speed and enhanced with a mix of dense muscle and metallic threads. The lighter the Reconstructed the faster they will be but even heavy units will still benefit from bursts of increased speed. Cost: 5B

NID-Neural Interface Device: A cruel and deadly device it nonetheless has great information gathering potential. A series of long metal probes cover the inside curve of a bone plate, these probes drill through flesh and bone inserting themselves into the brain of a target. These probes can drain the knowledge of a living target at the cost of their life, allowing a Think Tank to pick through their memories. The NID works on the recently deceased if their brain is fresh enough and unharmed though if attached to a living target it causes severe pains, uncontrollable muscle spasms and the eventual breakdown of the brain.

Vaporizer: Similar to the Necroflenser and Necrotic Flayer the Vaporizer charges a powerful blast of Necrotic energy unleashing it in a highly destructive yet short range wave. Extremely damaging it has the capability of reducing a target to a charred skeleton if struck point-blank.
>>
Well, the looms just a lot more horrifying. you can just see them, moving through a captured ship, consuming the minds of the living and the dead. Maybe we whould produce a think-tank loom hybrid as a sort of hivemind synapse creature, that can coordinate many other lesser looms for more efficent mind harvesting.
>>
now we have a necrotic laser shotgun, could we do something similar to HHQ with subdividing troop orders according to purpose.
Say a boarding unit made up of
x Sprinter Talons
y Vaporizer Stingers
z Shock Troopers
or a scouting party of
x Gargoyles (2:1 normal:flatbody)
y Shadows
>>
Proposal, by the way. Upgrade 25% of our Talons with the Sprinter legs, along with our gargoyles, stalkers and shadows
>>
>>45501654
Also, don't we have 5-6 Void Initiates that we picked up at the end of the last thread
>>
>>45501795
Suggestion, could we try and make NID an acceptable part of funeral traditions in our domains, so as to mitigate the loss of any potential delicious knowledge while also trying into our whole 'things die, but they also live on' philosophy
>>
>>45502175
It would allow them to be one with and join the Deep Rot Mind
>>
>>45502264
And the Looms are the psychopomps, ferrying you to the afterlife of perfect union with the great union with all who came before
>>
>>45502312
note to self, think of synonym for union
>>
op is kill?
>>
>>45502803
looking after neice, should be back soonish
>>
>>45502824
Quite you, the qm is clearly dead. Now lets all go home and cry ourselves to sleep.
>>
>>45502945
>>45502824
>>45502803
OP was kill but is undead
>>
>>45503014
WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE
>>
>>45501795
The famine on Rukor has been abated with the timely intervention of the Armatocere relief efforts distributed by the Armada. The ructu have small subdued celebrations as they sample and enjoy the alien food alongside the now familiar kelp and eel. Word quickly spreads through the villages about how it was how the slayers of the Ahkam that brought this bounty and allowing them to survive the rough season. As they sleep their dreams are restless, fleeting visions of their world and the system around them drifting through their minds. The dreamstone obelisks slowly connecting their subconscious minds to yours though the connection was fresh and weak. Over time they would come to see you in their waking hours, their dreams yours to warp as they sleep.

As the plainsrunners continued their pilgrimage Red-Leaf-Strains allows one of the Gargoyles to rest on her shoulder. The winged serpant tilting its head to look curiously at the young osogo clustered around them staring at the Reconstructed. Once again they find a carepackage of food, armatocere fruit crops wrapped in Horizon's Drop kelp, the large mammals enjoying the selection of food as they marched and followed the Gargoyle sailing above. A young osogo shouts and points to a single Cyclops perched on a nearby cliff, its large red eye watching them as it's skin ripples in the sunlight.

The Beast was becoming less of a natural corpse and more of the greatest Reconstructed yet created. Large portions of it's once pliable flesh is now heavy and thick plates of armor, tentacles becoming segmented and armored with over-sized weapons placed at the ends. Missile pods and shields are transported from the protoplanet shipyards and surgically installed into the bioship. The Think Tank at its core becoming a part of it as it guides the transformation.
>>
>>45503333
I threw together fluff for an idea, I don't know if it will have any effect but I'm posting it anyway
>>
>>45503333
On Horizon's Drop the Stonestar tunnels have been completed and opened to the traitor stonestar refugees. They come in bloat carriers and move into the maze of tunnels, herding their livestock, their young and their old. The tunnels had everything to house and keep them healthy. The appropriate humidity maintained and a natural underground spring the mining had discovered further down rerouted to provide water for the residents and to maintain several fungal-lichen farms. There were even areas where the Stonestars could request items they required from simplified Talon units.

On the Lavafathers moon the first of the completed obsidianborn corvettes is finished, the black stone and dark metal hull lost in the clouds as it raced for space. The Obsidianborn at its core barely contains its delight as it begins to travel the system with a guard of Nails. Stonestar stand on its bridge and watch the screens enraptured with their pioneer voyage into true space travel. After sometime flying over Rukor the corvette charges it's Skip Drive and a flash later it appears over the Scorched World in Horizon's Drop.

The Ahkam and Osjiic tear each other apart in various systems, goaded by your subterfuge. You track their fleets as they finally retreat back to their own systems, the crippled ships left behind detonating themselves to avoid capture from both sides.

There was much to do, much chaos to sow. What shall you do first?
>>
>>45503333
From a study of nekris, could we work out a way to necrotically infuse electric weapons?
>>
>>45503555
Hay grave will posting fluff material for an idea I have effect the game at all?
>>
>>45503576
He could be given the task yes. Your Chain-flensers already do a mix of necrotic-electric damage but it can be enhance or new weapons created.

His Arc powers aren't that far developed yet to give the power to follows similar to Lorgul or Jadyk but he can manipulate it and create new things from it.

>>45503606
>>45503549
What do you mean fluff?
like fanfiction?
>>
>>45503549
>>45503555
>>45503606
Here it is

Nothing but silence. Silence for a moment. Silence for an eternity. Nothing is heard, nothing is seen, nothing is felt, nothing is thought. A living being, but just barely, is housed in a personal sanctuary of peace and ignorance.
A blade is thrust into this bubble of stillness, nearly killing its occupant if not for the precision of whomever wields this blade. The blade cuts through the barrier to this sanctuary, a straight line from the top of the device to the base. Strange liquids, swirling colors of all types, flow through this incision in the dark green casing. Finally, along with the liquids flows out the device’s sole inhabitant.
The young man begins to open his eyes. He is still physically numb, and his eyes too are having trouble adjusting to having use again. He works up the energy to blink a few times. He tries to stand, but decides instead to just get into a more comfortable sitting position.
“Good,” came a gravely voice from somewhere in front of the man, “Most try to stand up right away and end up breaking something.” The voice leaned in closer to the man to give him a chance to look upon a face for the first time in what felt like a hundred years. “I know I did.”
The man looked around a bit more, but couldn’t see anything more than a few feet in front of him. That was something though. Below him flowed the liquids that just a moment ago he was suspended in. They were spiraling away down a drain not too far away, changing colors with every tile they passed. To his right was the device that he had just come from, or possibly been freed from. A large green blob, emptied of its juices, sat in the middle of a large metal and bone contraption with a glass cover lifted above it by some metal cables. The pod was adorned with an array of lights and more than a few bottles of yet more strange liquids, still half full.
His gaze turned to the unfamiliar man in front of him.
(1/2)
>>
>>45503555
Are there any small outpost systems that we haven't invaded yet? If so, suggest feild-testing our new ground troops and brain extracting, and wipe it off the map, using stolen intel to fuck with the side that owned the outpost
>>
>>45503642
He wore a dark metallic armor more of a shell than cover a strange glowing symbol , and a long twisted spear held to his side.
He thought he’d attempt speaking, “Where... where am I? And why? Why was I here and.. and why was I in that thing?”
"That is an umbra pod. In it you where infused with the dark teachings of our Lord Jydak the Conquering Worm. You seems our lord needs diplomats for his glorious kingdom. He decided to build them. They took those that they had and altered them. We were made faster, stronger, and smarter. We where made to be better than normal men. And our abilities to communicate are unrivaled. We are the cauldron born. We live, we die, we grow for our lord."

"Follow me, I'll show you to your room" the man gestures to a door.
"Your new life starts now"
>>45503625
No just a way to flesh out an idea, this one being that altering of some of our living guys in special cauldrons to made great diplomats
>>
>>45503625
Out of interest, the akham method of ftl looks like it subjects the ships to high exposure to electricity, so would it stand to reason that they have better defences against it than others?
>>
>>45503727
Your captured Ahkam say the lightning from the Ahkam FTL doesn't harm them but rather "charges" the ships to travel alongside the Ahkam.

>>45503642
>>45503693
Hm, not bad, I like the scene.

I will say that you folks haven't tried experimenting with how Necrotic Fluid and energies will react when introduced to the living.

Dare I say it might be a research worthy endeavor?

>>45503648
All currently known systems are listed here http://pastebin.com/yiqpm93r
>>
>>45503727
Oh but yes, the Ahkam ships come with Conductive hull armor standard because several of their ships use Lightning Cannons
>>
>>45503835
Well then let's add that to the long list.
Because we are not that evil let's use volunteers for the test
>>
>>45503895
>>45503835
I'm fine with volunteers or Ahkam prisoners if we have any left.

I'd rather do the testing on unimportant people before using volunteers for the project.
>>
>>45503931
or the stonestar Redeemers
>>
>>45503976
I'd rather only use the ones who haven't pledged themselves to us.
>>
>>45503931
Later, right now there are more pressing matters

>>45503864
Ok we need to get some mining ships made with the tractor beam and giant fuckung cauldron refiners made and working on the meteor belt asap
>>
>>45504017
>Later, right now there are more pressing matters
Research works at its own pace. There's no reason it should interfere with our current pressing matters.
>>
So what shall you do first?
>Speak to Generals
>Speak to Minions
>Create Troops
>Create Ships
>Launch attack (Where?)
>Diplomacy (With who?)
>Expand infrastructure (Where?)
>Other

Currently Agona is overseeing the Fleets and preparing them for combat

Lorgul and his Disciples are preparing the rituals to create the new Voidsingers

Nekris is overseeing the transformation of the Beast of Rukor but growing restless
>>
>>45503994
there's like a million of them living in the damn sewers we control all of them why not and it gives us a possible armored unit which i pre-dub The Redeemers
>>
>>45504053
>Other
experiment with living being and low to high amounts of necro-exposure
>>
>>45504053
Contact the plant guys (who are just a literal version of the "walk softly but carry a big stick" metaphor) and ask how they feel about necrotic energy usage
>>
>>45504053
>>Speak to Generals
Where would they strike next to cause the most pain possible?
>>
>>45504145
>plant guys (who are just a literal version of the "walk softly but carry a big stick" metaphor)
An unintentional but perfect metaphor yes
>>
>>45504053
>Create ships
10 Support Corvettes- 850B 1800M
5 Boarding Frigates- 500B 1100M
Swap standard shielding with reinforced shielding on all capitol class ship designs
Add boarding claws to support gunships

I'd also add a hangar battlecruiser to this list, but all our capitol pylons are busy right now.
>>
>>45504053
Fortify our home system so much that not even gods could invade

>>45504145
Also say that we don't like having such extreme fighting near us, ask if they would be willing to trade things for some of there weapons or defense tech
>>
>>45504053
Begin experimenting with the Living and Necrotic Influence
Where do you get your test subjects?
>Stonestar refugees
>Necrolyte Legion
>Capture new subjects (from where?)

Contact the Armatocere
>Y/N?

Create:
>10 Support Corvettes- 850B 1800M
>5 Boarding Frigates- 500B 1100M
>Swap standard shielding with reinforced shielding on all capitol class ship designs- 480B 240M
>Add boarding claws to support gunships- 500B
Total: 2330B 3140M
>Y/N?
>>
>>45504376
>Volunteers
>N not yet
>Y
>>
>>45504376
>>Capture new subjects (from Ructor)
It's the only location where we've got enough subjects that one or two can go missing without it being obvious it was us. And if it works, we can claim it was part of our plan to uplift the Ructu.

>Y
>Y
>>
>>45504376
>Stonestar refugees
>Necrolyte Legion

there must be humans somewhere and the rukor
Y
Y
>>
>>45504376
Ask for volunteers. We are not evil. Not to our own

Y
Y
I want to see more trade go on with the plant gents
>>
>>45504376
Let's wait for unwilling prisoners from the upcoming battle.

Y
Y

Also tell Nekris and Agona to start something like Lorgul's void knights
>>
>>45504561
Nekris needs to work on buffing his Arc powers before he can do that, and agona hasn't got any fancy powers bar being dead killy. Tell nekris to start getting swole, and maybe see if we can get some delicious powers from the lavafather for agona
>>
>>45504376
>Capture new subjects Raid there worlds
Contact the Armatocere
>Y
Create:
>Y
>>
Let's go get some folks from theConfederacy or just wait till we get prisoners from theupcoming conflicts.

Yeah let's create a Predator and Punisher order for Nekris and Agona
>>
Wait who are we giving the Kraken Capital Ship?
>>
>>45504774
That is for us, our evil backing choir, and a large amount of cauldrons
>>
>>45504376
Seeing choices ranging from
>Raid new worlds
>Abduct Ructu
>Wait for prisoners from upcoming battles
>Ask for volunteers
Choose please

Your once idle ship pylons shudder to life as they begin creating new ships and retrofitting existing ones with new equipment.
>10 Support Corvette Completed in 3 turns
>5 Boarding Frigates Completed in 3 turns

A message is sent through the Eyegore to the flower-satellite and after nearly an hour Sllrts synthetic voice is sent, "Greetings, you have been quite chatty lately. To what do we owe the pleasure? Already we are making use of your research and hope you are as well."

What shall you discuss with the Armatocere?
>>
>>45504805
But we are not really evil. Or not that evil. We love life, but we want to own it. Our citizens live in luxury, but have limited free will. We help the needy, but alter there minds.

We are not evil but we are far from good
>>
>>45504839
"Nice to hear you to, listen this needs to be asked eventually but... How do you guy feel about necrotic energy, and the use of it?"
>>
>>45504839
>Raid new worlds

What they know about any previous wars between the arkham and Osjic

Wait is that going to tip them off about what we are doing?
>>
>>45504904
I think they would be ok with how we work, we get most of our biomass from kelp (Fuckin Ya)
We are vegan undead. They should be cool with that
>>
>>45504839
>Raid new worlds
The remaining renegade stonestars
>>
>>45504862
We don't really interfere with our subjects in most cases, outside of the domination spikes but those are mostly used on captured soldiers or when the situation calls for it. And aside from resources we don't demand much of them, even all our necrolytes volunteered to fight for us on their own volition by and large. Objectively speaking we're not really anymore evil than living politicians and leaders.
>>
>>45504862
>>45504933
>>45504981

The frack are you guys going on about?

We maybe the pragmatic villain but were still a villain

If we needed to kill a baby to reach our goals we wouldn't think twice about it

Stop trying to justify the stuff we do and just enjoy the ride
>>
>>45504839
>>Wait for prisoners from upcoming battles

"In our previous dealings you mentioned necrotic energy and your...aversion to it. What are your opinions on the use of it in general?"
>>
>>45505013
How much life force could we drain out of a baby?
>>
>>45504839
Wait for prisoners. Might even be some new generals in the mix.
>>
>>45505115
I figured we use the baby as an explosive ad toss them at the hero
>>
>>45505136
While taunting them about something stupid
>>
>>45505013
Claiming a character is evil and using that as justification for doing all manner of evil shit is so fucking stupid though. We're playing the morally ambivalent/merciful conquerer for a reason, that reason being that being pointlessly evil when there are alternatives does nothing but antagonize the living we must deal with. How do you think the various factions would react to a powerful enemy who takes no prisoners and singlemindedly crushes everything in his grasp? The exact same thing that happened to the Undying Court. Forces that were once at each other's throats would unite and invest everything they had in destroying us. How do you think our mortal subjects would react to us abducting them and preforming horrific experiments or ignoring them? They would jump at the first opportunity, real or imagined, to escape or overthrow our hold on them. The simple fact of the matter is that a truly evil tyranny is untenable in the long run, particularly when we're in as vulnerable position as the one we are in now.

Of course we're going to do evil things along the path to galactic domination, but only as necessary. As Jadyk himself has so eloquently noted, hope is the single greatest motivating force among the living, and to instill it we must display a certain degree of benevolence to them, both to those we control and those we do not.
>>
File: triffid-doodle-web.jpg (203 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
triffid-doodle-web.jpg
203 KB, 1280x1600
>>45504839
"A pleasure, Sapling Sllrt. There is something that needs to be addressed and I would rather get this out of the way before it can interfere with future talks. How do the Armatocere as a whole view Necrotic Energy and the use of it?" you ask, knowing this could possibly break diplomatic talks, "You've mentioned necrotic energy and your...aversion to it because of the Sun-Eaters Wraiths."

There is silence over the line for some time until Sllrts voice drones out, "Necrotic Energy is another power source, the same as any other though those that use it are for the most part...unnatural. Yes we've had our run-ins with the Wraiths and other immoral forces using it to their will, including the Confederacy," there is a pause, "If this concerns your creation methods have no fear. We noticed from your ships and your satellite that you use animal biomass in a way that nearly reflects our own methods of using flora and plant-life. For the amounts of biomass needed to create your ships and the fact you have living subjects, we doubt you are stripping worlds of their animal biomass so we must assume you have another way of generating this biomass. At least, this is what our Mentavine have come to assume."

You lean back in your throne clacking your jaw. It was somewhat impressive they could deduce so much from merely observing your Eyegore and the ships sent to trade, "A rather...astute assumption. Rest assured, we have yet to use free-willed biomass on a scale of that size. We have our ways of generating it, yes."

Sllrt's voice rings out, "Yes yes, very good. The Mentavine is quite pleased. They also ask if you have come to trade information or resources once more."

>Talk about something else?
>Trade Research
>Trade Resources
>>
>>45505198
I see us as pragmatic above all else
>>
>>45505245
>>Trade Research
Lightning Rods
Vaporizer weapons
>>
>>45505245
Offer to teach them some cauldron stuff it they teach us plant stuff

Ask if they have ever interacted with the masked
>>
>>45504839
how long is a turn exactly
>>
>>45505245
>Talk about something else?
The Sunscales

>>45505198
What is this stuff?

I said we are pragmatic not the berserk edgy brat

And my point was less about our mc but why are anons so fixed on justify our actions as righteous

So far all i can see is our MC is a Veteran General who hobby is running empires and getting into fights with equal opponents, we may go berserk on whoever killed the wormstar or trapped us though
>>
>>45505198
m8, you literally just wrote a long ass post that completely backed up the person you were responding to.

Being pragmatically evil does not mean you are not evil. And frankly, it's very clear that we are evil, just based on the actions we've taken since we awoke. And before we were taken down, we were super evil. We've just realised that being less obviously evil is much more effective.
>>
>>45505245
>>Talk about something else?
"The confederacy? They still employ Necrotic energy? We have had encounters with some of their abandoned research outposts, but those had been absent of anything truly living for centuries. How have you observed the Confederacy employ it before?"

>>45505263
Exactly. We do exactly what we have to do to stake our place in the galaxy. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>45505332
A typical Horizon's Drop day cycle which is roughly 24-25 hours for convenience.
>>
>>45505336
I see it as more like we reached the old age equivalent and we want to chill and enjoy our hobbies after being forced into boredom for so long
>>
>>45505370
Let's build a model train set out of bones
>>
>>45505370
>>45505397

I mean rampaging and wrecking stuff willynilly is for the young uns

our running empires is like making ships in the bottles and fighting is just exercise

I mean we don't regret fuck all we done over the eons but the boredom really did a number on us
>>
>>45505397
Nah, let's invent a tabletop wargame played using figurines of us and our troops.
>>
>>45505424
That wasn't a joke, I think it would look good in our trophy room. After that we talk to a plant because they make good company
>>
>>45505424

But whoever screwed us over is getting the Jadky Prime experience though

>>45505446
We already do that
>>
>>45505245
Oh oh I know! Say that we might be able to help make the wraiths no longer a problem in the future. We used to work with the girl who made them we can make something work
>>
>>45505468
Were the rich eccentric old guy

That's too small and pleb
>>
>>45505568
Fine a sex dungeon then
>>
>>45505245
"The Confederacy still employs Necrotic Energy? We have encountered derelict wrecks and some abandoned outposts that have been empty of all living things except for necrotically fueled cyborgs. How have you observed the Confederacy use it before?" this question had been plaguing you ever since Nekris first found the derelict frigate.

"They still use necrotic fueled cyborgs as their shock troops and secret enforcers. From what we have gathered the typical Confederate citizen has no idea of their use. Some of their ships weapons utilize it along with a potent bomb they seemed to have created solely to deal with our treeships," they say

"How about the Sunscale? We believe them to be the owners of that rumored stone ship with the Ahkam corpse crucified to it's hull from other rumors we have gathered," the Sunscale was one mystery that was starting to grow more worrisome. The Divers had escaped with knowledge of Nekris and his presence on Rukor but they had been oddly silent in their response.

"A reptilian species with a startling array of specialized castes. Each caste seemingly devoted to warfare in it's own ways. Highly religious and devout to nearly a zealot level. We have had mostly cordial encounters with the few we have met. We see more of their influence than of themselves. Primitive worlds willingly starting to worship their dieties after liberation from the Ahkam or relief given during disasters. Several primitive civilizations given the knowledge to improve their worlds and technology though they appear to avoid weaponizing those they aid, unlike the Ahkam or even the Confederacy. Overall they appear to be most concerned with obeying the whims of their gods and their leaders."

You tap your claws together in thought before asking a question that had weighed heavily since your last encounter, "Tell me, have the Armatocere ever encountered the Masked?"

>cont
>>
>>45505513
Uhh, why don't we hold off until we actually succeed in getting in touch with Akka-Tor. The Armatocere see her as nothing short of pure evil and the enemy of all life everywhere, mentioning we know her might not be beneficial to our diplomatic efforts. One step at a time.
>>
>>45505245
>We wish to trade information on the confederacy and if they happen to know about the sun eaters
>>
>>45505612
Fuck!!

we are ballsy for mention the Masked in this little game of ours
>>
>>45505591
Again Pleb

Plus we still have our Pride

So sex empire at least
>>
>>45505612
There is a long silence and you begin to think that Sllrt had been disconnected before a different voice issues from the flower-satellite, this one deeper and sounding more authoritative, "I trust this line is secure? No one can hear this besides yourself, Lord Jadyk?"

You sit up in your throne and lean forward. You were alone on your bridge and you hardly cared if the Think Tank or Pilots overheard you, "I have yet to meet a race that can listen in on my communications. To whom am I speaking?"

"I am the Eldertree that Sapling Sllrt was cut from. You may call me Ctyr. You speak of the Masked so I assume you have encountered them yourself. We have yet to meet a race that speaks so openly about them," the voice says

"I have indeed and I must assume as well that you have too. They arrive at the most inopportune moments, do they not?" you ask although you already know the answer

"The Masked appear before all great leaders we have learned over time. They were the first to greet us when we awoke on Yggdrasil. Some of the other Eldertrees believe them to be who awoke us in the first place or guided the Seedship to this galaxy. They spoke of games and spectacles. They speak in riddles and act like animal children for their games yet their information is nearly always right if you can decode it," the Eldertree Ctyr spoke with more personality than the Sapling, "Beware of the Masked. They see everything and do not appreciate being spoken of. They are vain entities and we have only evidence of their anger occurring once," a set of far-off coordinates appear then, "That system was once a bustling collection of worlds overseen by a merchant empire that traded with all factions. See for yourself what remains."

>Anything you would like to clarify/ask them more?
>What would you like to trade?

Suggestions:
>Lightning Rods
>Vaporizer weapons
>>
>>45505807
>>Lightning Rods
Do not trade the vaporizer design. I want a monopoly on that weapon.
>>
>>45505807
Huh

So we just upped the odds against us in our bet then eh

>>45505807
>Anything you would like to clarify

The void energy of the Ojisic then
>>
>>45505807
Thank them for that info.

Ask if there is anything we can help them with
>>
>>45505807
thank them then send an eyegore
>>
>>45505871
Probably, we should fortify the hell out of out system. Turrets everywhere
>>
>>45505807
Well that's fucking ominous.
>>
>>45505906
what if we turned an asteroid into a massive eyegore
>>
>>45505807
Ask if they would like to make a more formal alliance such as shareing troops and ships though our empire is still young
>>
>>45505921
No

>>45505807
Ask them if they have run into other energy types besides Necrotic, arc, and Void. Ask about any and all other races they've encountered.
>>
>>45505906
>>45505909
>>45505919
>>45505921
If we did that we will probably get a surprise incursion from another faction or somehow ending up going to war with the plants then

May want to be hurry and finish the bet before they change things

Or we accept the penalty then and fight in a restricted way
>>
>>45505880
This
>>
I vote we take whatever they dish at us in stride

We need to show no fear and mock their efforts to fuck with us
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 779x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 779x470
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>45506054
Fuckin Ya!
>>
>>45506054
Fuckin ya
>>
>>45505807
With the Advanced System Sensor built in the Bastion system you redirect the idle Eyegore to the set of far-off coordinates and it disappears with it's Void Drive into the distance.

Turning your attention back to the Armatocere, "Thank you for the information. These Masked have been quite...interesting."

"I must return you to Sapling Sllrt. There are matters I must tend to. It was good to speak with you myself, Jadyk. May our people continue to be on peaceful terms," Eldertree Ctyr's voice drones off before Sllrt's reappears

"Sorry for the interruption. The Eldertree wished to speak with you personally. Now, was there anything else you wished to discuss?"

"Come with an offer for trade, a simple one this time recently gained. A tool to aid in defending against the Ahkam, should you be interested," you send the barest of information and the Armatocere are silent for a few moments before they reply with a counteroffer

Armatocere offering:
>Advanced Ship Grapnel - This would complete your Ship Grapnel research and from your Think Tank can decipher from the sampled data it would be stronger than what your research would've presented

Accept?
>>
>>45506242
Y
>>
>>45506242
Y

>tfw they probably already have all the tech we are offering but just play along because we are nice and that alone is a rarely seen thing here
>>
>>45506242
Unlocked:
>Advanced Ship Grapnel - Similar in function to your Sting Whip but on a much larger scale, the Advanced Ship Grapnel launches a specialized barb at an enemy ship. This barb is a combination of dense metal and smart-materials that once puncturing a ships hull spreads out much like a root system into the ships hull and skeletal support structure itself to prevent shearing and tearing free. Replacing turret mounts a ship gains a bonus for each grapnel attached to an enemy ship. Attached ships can get an automatic hit with boarding pods or other weaponry. Can be used to haul object much like the Tractor Beam but the object must be held firmly against the ship and cannot direct the object like the tractor beam can. Cost: 15B 20M
>>
Getting closer to the end of tonights thread.

I'm horribly sorry about the delay earlier. Sisters baby-daddy dropped off niece without a word of warning.

I also regrettably cannot run on Saturday. Going out of town to visit some friends coming in from out of state. I will likely run on Monday or Tuesday to make up for it.

Now for your other options for the night:

For your Necrotic experiments, final vote
>Ask for volunteers
or
>Raid for test subjects
>>
>>45506396
>Raid for test subjects
>>
>>45506396
You should totally run tomorrow since the thread will still be up.

>Raid for Test Subjects
Go for some of the Daggers at that one system we detected them.

By the way, when do the Confederates come to check on Horizon's Drops Colony and the Daggers come searching for their Clanship?
>>
>>45506333
Grave. Would you like me to give you a crash course in zero g physic? Because I can use this. Just this. To do such wonderful things.

But first start research asap to get it stronger and able to connect two separate objects
>>
>>45506396
>Raid for test subjects
>>
>>45506396
>>Ask for volunteers
>>
>>45506396
Raid for Test subjects, potential targets:
>Binary Star: Osjiic controlled, recently under attack by the Ahkam
>Red Dwarf: Confederate Gas Harvesting and ship construction yard, picket fleet currently reduced
>Red Giant: Confederate controlled agricultural and mining colonies, light military presence with indications of Dagger presence
>Medium Yellow: Dagger controlled world, fleet in orbit over inhabited world, includes a Clanship
>Medium white star: Extensive Ahkam mining operations in asteroid belt and on controlled world
>Yellow Giant: Osjiic captured a Confederate space city, small ship presence with unknown number of soldiers within the city
>>
>>45506645
>>Medium white star: Extensive Ahkam mining operations in asteroid belt and on controlled world
>>
>>45506645
>>Yellow Giant: Osjiic captured a Confederate space city, small ship presence with unknown number of soldiers within the city
Osijic conquered Confederates are an ideal target.
>>
>>45506645
>Yellow Giant: Osjiic captured a Confederate space city, small ship presence with unknown number of soldiers within the city
Use our dagger disguised ships.
>>
>>45506419
>You should totally run tomorrow since the thread will still be up.
We'll see

And you have yet to hear from either. Jor said the Confederates sometimes forgot to send new supply runs. They don't bother protecting colonies this far out and with such little resources to trade.
>>
>>45506645
How many ships and what troops would you like to send?

There are currently:
>1 Light Cruiser
>2 Corvettes
>1 Frigate
in the system
>>
>>45504613
>maybe see if we can get some delicious powers from the lavafather for agona
I like how you think anon. She does have the closest relationship with the Obsidianborn after all.

I support getting Agona awesome obsidianborn lava-powers
>>
>>45506765
Okay since everyone is dead, we can pick up here next time?

I'm sorry about the lackluster threads lately, it's getting kind of bad huh?
>>
>>45506765
2 Dagger disguised gunships
2 piercing nails, because they're sneaky
5 Looms and 3 Shadows.
>>
>>45506765
>40 Piercing Nails
>10 Dagger disguised Frigates
>1 Dagger Clanship
>50 Coffins
>50 Support Coffins

5 stinger platoons
5 talons clutches
2 troll packs
1 gargoyle flight
3 Cyclops squads
>>
>>45506939
Don't be stupid Graves, do you remember how long and how highly trafficked the last thread was? This is just a peril of running a quest on a weekday, we take longer to post our votes and occasionally need to step away to take care of stuff.

The other primary reason we're taking so long to pick a course of action (at least in my case) is that we are having a kind of hard time selecting the ideal one. That first vote we got tied with each other for so many options we started waiting to see which votes built up enough support to prevent that happening again. It's not like we're hesitating from posting because we don't like how you're running this quest. Seriously, this quest is awesome and keep getting better, don't be so hard on yourself man.
>>
>>45506765
Looks like a toss-up between being sneaky with only a few troops to overwhelming them with large numbers.

What will it be? Need more votes before I can call for rolls
>>
>>45507045
Sneaky

Aint going to lie, Been playing Xcom 2
>>
>>45506969
I like where you're going, but perhaps we should use smaller numbers of our undisguised ships. This is a sneaking mission and we're still trying to remain hidden from the powers that be. Sending 100 undisguised and uncloaked ships to an enemy planet is a huge risk.
>>
>>45507045
Sneaky Breeki.
>>
>>45507105
Yeah we need to get communications jamming complete before we start large raids until we can get proper stealth tech
>>
>>45507045
Sneaky my son.
>>
>>45506939
Time to sneak
>2 Dagger disguised Frigates
>2 piercing nails, because they're sneaky
>5 Looms and 3 Shadows.
>1 Support Coffin

Roll me 3d100 best of first 3 for distracting the Osjiic Guards and sneaking on board
>>
Rolled 60, 26, 17 = 103 (3d100)

>>45507248
>>
Rolled 72, 67, 14 = 153 (3d100)

>>45507248
FOR MOTHER!
>>
Rolled 80, 34, 65 = 179 (3d100)

>>45507248
Here's your crits.
>>
>>45507348
An 80 is fine too.
>>
File: spacecity.jpg (230 KB, 1280x804) Image search: [Google]
spacecity.jpg
230 KB, 1280x804
>>45507248
(whoops forgot my trip from another thread)

It was time to truly test out your newest reconstructed. The Looms were unblooded and eager for action, the color-changing creatures slithering from their holes and crevasses with several Shadows to board a support coffin resting on boarding claws and specially retrofitted with a Void Drive. A pair of Piercing Nail wait, ready to dock to the FTL-capable ship to piggy back a ride.

Shadows and Looms both came equipped with paralytic venomglands for their cluster sting whips and the Shadows carried Bola launchers, one with a thumper strapped to it's lower back with an array of grenades. The small craft wraps itself in a bubble of distorted light and disappears into the distance rapidly.

Several hours after they departed a pair of your Dagger disguised frigates rumble to life, awakened from their hibernation in the depths of Horizon's Drops moon. They spool their skip drive and disappear with a flash.

Your Eyegore overwatching the space city flinches at the sudden flashes only a kilometer from the mini-satellite floating among space debris. The decoy ships unleash their weapons, blaster fire streaking across the void to strike the corvette and frigate, their hull mounted spine cannons launching ferrous slugs trailed by missiles. The Osjiic craft turn to react to their sudden attackers, weapons fire exchanged between the heavily armored but slow ships and the faster but weaker frigates.

Turrets from the space city are turned to the frigates, auto-cannons clearly overtaken by the Osjiic turning to fire after the Frigates. With the defenders and space city defenses otherwise occupied with the injured frigates they seem not to notice the minute flash of light as the support coffin and nails appear half a kilometer below the space city.

>cont
>>
>>45507646
>With the defenders and space city defenses otherwise occupied with the injured frigates they seem not to notice the minute flash of light as the support coffin and nails appear half a kilometer below the space city.
Smooth and quiet.
>>
File: interior5.jpg (13 KB, 416x177) Image search: [Google]
interior5.jpg
13 KB, 416x177
>>45507646
Connected to the surface of the rocky planet by a space elevator the space city seemed to once be a mining and trading outpost until the Osjiic arrived. The nails quickly detach from the coffin and the trio of ships angle themselves up towards the city.

One of the Dagger Frigates is struck by a Void-Screamer weapon from the Light Cruiser and the beam of potent energy sunders the craft breaking it to pieces. The other Frigate fires a salvo of it's weapon and manages to destroy the corvette before it is mortally wounded by the Osjiic frigate, a barrage of missile destroying the engines and preventing escape. Detonation charges spread through the ship go off, the craft erupting into a ball of flame.

The Osjiic ships return to their posts, the injured frigate tended to by drones sent by the space city and Osjiic dropships go to salvage the remains of the broken corvette and the shrapnel that remained of the Dagger decoys. During the small skirmish the trio of ships have managed to dock themselves clinging to the bottom of the city, the support coffin mounting itself over an airlock for refuse shuttles.

Boarding claws reach out and pry open the airlock, bending the metal and plasteel back before sealing itself against he depressurized airlock. The Looms and Shadows emerge and after the coffin creates a temporary seal with layer of muscled flesh they slip into the darkened space city, their skins rippling to mimic the grays of the lightless hallways.

The air was stale yet held the distinct scent of rot and decay, of necrotic and void energy both. A human scream echoes down the hall followed by a burst of gunfire then silence once more.
>>
>>45507820
Time to go space horror on this city.
>>
File: 1455605724802.jpg (234 KB, 576x815) Image search: [Google]
1455605724802.jpg
234 KB, 576x815
>>45507889
Oh yes please.
>>
>>45507889
>>45507943
We really need to take advantage of our horrifying units and abilities to sow terror and chaos in population centers. We need to get a sizable amount of troops and a cauldron onto a hostile controlled planet and begin 'disappearing' military and civilian targets alike.
>>
>>45507820
And that's it for now. I maaay continue tomorrow if I get the time.

Hope folks had fun, I know I did.

Next week we should get to the big battles finally
>>
>>45508006
Aww.

How viable would doing
>>45508002
this be?
>>
>>45508002
I just want to start smuggling that dank kelp of ours into the Confederate market. We've got to do something with all of it.
>>
>>45508006
K
GG
>>
>>45508006
Thanks for running, dude. Are you really sure you can't finish this abduction mission on the city first? I'm eager to see what orbital cities are like and how easily we can infiltrate them.
>>
>>45508067
Sorry I gotta be up in less than 5 hours for work.

>>45508023
You're starting to hoard quite a bit of it. You'll have a lot to begin your smuggling operation with

>>45508002
>>45508021
Completely viable
Been looking forward to such a situation
>>
>>45508167
>Sorry I gotta be up in less than 5 hours for work.
Shit nigga, you should have ended it a while ago.
>>
>>45508167
>Completely viable
IT HAS TO BE DONE.

Next session we begin mobilizing forces for stealth operations.
Our first targets the Ahkam controlled worlds.
>>
>>45508167
We'll keep the thread alive for you buddy

Also HQQ/DASQ crossovers when?

How would Jadyk and Queenie get along?
>>
>>45508231
Both would have stealth bases on each others worlds within a week.
>>
>>45508167
>Completely viable
>Been looking forward to such a situation
soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ncsItpXptQ
>>
>Previous post thread discussion we agreed to improve our economy or at least build more ships
>Do none of that this thread

ffs
OP, can you at least take into consideration the post-thread suggestions when running next threads? Some of us (me) cannot participate when you run, because it is middle of the night.

Here is what I had suggested:
>1000 Catoblepas ( + 35000B, Cost: 20000B)
>1900 Diggers ( + 38000M, Cost: 28500M)

In fact, we can build twice as much now BECAUSE WE KEEP PILING UP RESOURCES INSTEAD PUTTING THEM TO USE

Also, did you adjust the excavator output to 250 or do we need to finish some research for it?
>>
>>45508167
Thanks for running, enjoyed as always!
>>
The custom equipment for stonestars made me think. Can't we have racial equipment for each of the races we have fighting for us? Specifically adjusted for the strengths and weaknesses of each race.
This could be a tech topic.

In fact, why don't we go even further and have custom equipment adjusted for each and every necrolyte? We have amazing advantage over other races that it would not be prohibitively expensive for us to do so, actually it wont cost a thing. Just give a couple of cauldrons and think tanks to the nercolyte legion and the troops can personally request upgrades during downtime. Hell, let each and every soldier choose whatever load-out they desire. It is of no cost to us.

And now for a silly suggestion. Why don't we equip them all with medium exoskeleton with advanced jump-packs? This would cost 5210B and 7815M (The price of almost 10 battlescruisers LMAO), but would be extremely badass. The aesthetic for the soldiers should be simple so that the officers are distinguished.

OP, can we use the completed research on Advanced Cyborg to develop Advanced exoskeleton?

>tl;dr:
>Suggested research topics: custom equipment, advanced exoskeleton
>Top-tier equipment for all necrolytes at the cost of 5210B and 7815M
>>
>>45504862
>Our citizens live in luxury
Do they? I thought the life on the colony stayed more of the same after we took over.

OP, can you clarify what the standard of living is? How has over dominance affected the daily lives of the colonists?
Should we try to improve it (medical standards, living, luxury, etc.) or will that all be covered once the capitol city is finished. I assume we will move all of the residents there once we're done.

>10 Herds: 190B, Hunting outposts: 150B
Do these strain our colonists? At this point we have no need for herds or outposts. We could give them over to the colonists (and this would make the stat post less cluttered)
>>
>>45508961
I'll be honest

Custom Equipment for each is way to crunch heavy man

We got what 10 different species introduced?

The development and building part of the civ is already slow as hell

Rather not add that bombshell on it
>>
>>45509008
No real changes from what it seems

More like terror and confusion for most with some now becoming indoctrinated to behaving
>>
>>45508961
Honestly, I think the reason why the Stonestar got custom equipment is because they aren't humanoid bipedal aliens. So to actually protect them correctly, they needed armor and gear that accommodated their unique biology.
>>
>>45509013
I thought it would be like a passive upgrade for the whole legion. If it adds crunch then I'm against it.

The maximum amount of crunch I anticipate it would have is separate research topic for each race. But more realistically it would be just a simple research topic after which our entire legion would get boost in all stats including morale.
>>
Question:
Does the Catoblepas and Kelp Vat ratio have to be 1:1 so that we don't deplete the local ecosystem and have the maximum synergy between the two?
>>
>>45509214
We already got them standardized equipment that's equal to our main line troops

These guys are tribal allies to our imperial legions of reconstructed

There useful but they aren't our go to guys for battles
>>
Idea for a drop pod
The Shock and Horror
Basicly we make what is essentially a meteorite with a skip drive and a lot of boarding pod cauldrons

It skips into a planets atmosphere like a high sore meterorite before detonating high in the air

A lot of Ricky debris and in among all the scattered material a series of boarding cauldron torpedoes fire in random directions to scatter over a large area

Cauldrons are designed to upon landing begin spawning large armours of stealthy horrific monsters who then either infiltrate or start dragging biomass back to the cauldrons to make more creatures

So it's like an old horror movie a meteorite crash lands and then people start going missing
>>
>>45510409
or an alternative, when it detonates it scatters Dream stones, so we can influence the populace, perhaps converting them making them form hidden cults to help us overthrow or sabotage the current powers that be.

especially if we can perfect the cauldron born that would be a good selling point, who wants to live forever?
>>
I'll try to answer all these questions while at work if I find the time
>>
File: nekris-wish-you-where-here.jpg (287 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
nekris-wish-you-where-here.jpg
287 KB, 800x900
>>45510678
Hey Grave, couldnt think of a dark and brooding background so figured fuckit, Nekris recruitment poster from the beachs of Rukor "Join the legion, travel the worlds!"
>>
File: Lorgul hits the beach.jpg (753 KB, 1634x1234) Image search: [Google]
Lorgul hits the beach.jpg
753 KB, 1634x1234
>>45510847
Necrotic Armada beach party time?
>>
>>45510409
It'll be fun to use against the confederacy, with their secret use of nectrotic energy, any lingering traces will be discounted as goverment shadowrunning. hell, they'll probably clean up afterwards
>>
>>45510847
That's dope dude. You going to draw Auntie Agona next?
>>
>>45510847
I love it. Thanks mang.

>>45510409
Sounds feasible.
and fun

>>45509042
That and stone armor doesn't do well in a vacuum.

>>45509214
I think I could allow a research project into improving the Necrolyte equipments ergonomic design. With the advanced Cauldrons it would be an easy task of a necrolyte to go up to a Cauldron and request whatever gear they need and made to fit.

>>45508961
Right now legionnaires are mostly simple exosuits with the officers and elite troops using the medium. Advanced exosuits are a little beyond your capabilities at the moment.

>>45508667
That stuff was going to be taken care of later today once off work. Sorry, didn't mean to ignore it. I'll also adjust the excavators stats to reflect some of the recent advancements you've made.
>>
>>45511409
for some reason i cant, picture Agona, if that makes sense, i will need to reread her details.

I am open to suggestions for the next one though.

>>45510933
I was so very close, to putting a couple of talons playing volleyball in the background
>>
File: onceupon-a-throne.jpg (142 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
onceupon-a-throne.jpg
142 KB, 1200x1600
>>45511740
Any time Grave, love the quest. just wish i could be online when its live =P
>>
>>45511775
>I was so very close, to putting a couple of talons playing volleyball in the background

Do it.

Part of the reason we all love our reconstructed so much is because they all have "Life" to them, rather than being automatons.
>>
>>45511813
Wish you could too. These are all great.

>>45511929
Jadyk once did his best to subdue individuality or improper behavior in his Reconstructed. Now he let's them develop "naturally" and is secretly surprised by their behaviors but finds it fascinating.
>>
>>45512318

I would like to think that the behavioral patterns in Jadyk's Necrotic-creations would shift and change his beliefs on the nature of life and death even more than the millennia inside a stone box did.

Hell, maybe one day we'll experiment by taking a dead planet and making an entirely "Natural" Necro-based ecosystem on it, completely separate from his control and guidance. Wouldn't that be exciting? To see the stable mutations and the structure of a wild necrotic ecosystem?
>>
>>45511775
Well one of the pictures Grave's posted while he's describing Osijics is of a bald, flat-faced, dark grey-skinned humanoid. Based off that, my own mental picture of Agona is a buff desaturated Tau without the face-slit, who might be mistaken for a male by human standards. Wide-set, irisless eyes, thin-lipped wide mouth, wide round face with no nose.
>>
>>45512589

You are forgetting that Agona was reconstructed, her body is armor and muscle.
>>
>>45512589
>>45511775
Agona is eyeless like the Talons and such. All heavy armor she looks similar to the picture I normally post with her posts.
>>
>>45510560
why no start doing that now so we can get the worm choir or whatever they're called
>>
>>45509008
Currently their lives are much the same. They occasionally mourn those lost when you took the colony and turned them into reconstructed but they've continued their jobs and lives mostly unchanged.

The former miners have taken up other jobs or "retired" since their release. Buddy for instance has become a brewer and drug chemist. While others aid the herds, small farms, and standard town maintenance.

They are fairly pampered, only needing to ask a passing Reconstructed for items from a Cauldron or to pass a message to the folks in orbit still. They're starting to grow more accustomed to the whole situation.

The Osjiic and Daggers still at the hunting outposts have been becoming disgruntled and rather bored but they keep up their duty even as the snowstorms worsen with the season.

Once the capitol is completed the living will have all their base needs provided. Food will be plentiful as well as homes/apartments. There is even room for the smaller of their farm animals like chickens, pigs, smaller tame versions of cliffjumpers, to live comfortably.

Jadyk is hoping this city (still needs a proper name) will put the colonists, necrolytes, stonestar, plainsrunners, ructu and any other future subjects at ease and show the the benefits of service to the New Necrotic Armada
>>
>>45513552
>(still needs a proper name)

Anima Os Suum

Yes, I know it's absolutely horrific latin, but do I care? No!
>>
>>45513845
How about 'The Wormsong Spires'
A proper place to rebirth the worship of the Wormstar, and it's avatar. perhaps integrate dreamtone into it's structure, so that we may better bend our future worshipers to our will.
>>
Don't let the thread die
>>
>>45514967
What was dead may eternal lie, and in strange eons, even death might die
>>
>>45514967
>>45515232
It lives on
>>
>>45516329
But your dead will live, LORD; their bodies will rise-- let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy
>>
I should be home in about an hour. We can pick up then if the thread still lives
>>
Guys, we might be able to convince the plant guys to help us spread the necro kelp.

We tell them exactly what it does, then explain that because we are an ally the spreading of our influence would benefit them as well and ensure greater peace.

This is of course after we have better relations with them.

Also once we figure out the combined skip and void drive (I'm calling it the dark drive because no matter how fast light is, wherever it goes, it folds the dark already there waiting for it)
We could trade the tech to the plant gents but also set up a more permanent trade deal because they would need us to make the sheets of void infused bone that the void part of the drive needs

Also do we know how the plants travel ftl right now?
>>
Suggestions on a new unit made to explore and excavate ancient sights like the one the crystal thing was guarding (we never found what it was guarding, we assume it was there to stop us if we ever broke out of our cell but seeing as the crystal was on another planet I think it was guarding something else)

Take an eyegor and switch out long range sight for Rock sonar, X-ray, and anything else that might help.
Add a tractor beam to help it move things, and a large thinktank to run it.

It is to study and find every trace and detail of who built the prisons, how they did it, any clues as to where others might be and so on and so forth.
Our cell it too changed by resent events to be worth studying much, but we can ask the lavafather about his cell and where it was

Really guys the ancient prisons are a significant thread left unchecked.
>>
Another idea, once we start using tractor beams to mass mining the meteor belt and the asteroid belt we can expect to harvest 4 different types of material, those being Metal, rock, ice, and frozen gas
We know what to do with the metal but the rock gas and ice need to be figured out.

One thing we could do is just throw it all together and make a new planet but that seems wistful.

We could try to filter the frozen gas into useful material and use or sell it

It's possible we could use the rock and probably a bunch of other stuff to eventually make a new home for the lava father

If grave is willing we could refine the rock and gas even more to get fertilizer material that we could use or sell

Or include in the refining process the take out rare and strong magnetic materials we can use for... Something

The ice we could use to terraform dead worlds into massive kelp farms

Lastly and this is a long shot we could take the ice, rock, frozen gas, and the necrotic acid that our undead cows leak, and any and all waist material necrotic or otherwise into a big ball somewhere and begin the formation of a truly necrotic ecosystem. A planet of the thriving dead

Any other ideas?
>>
>>45517641
I think they will be just a friendly trade partner for a rather long time, assuming we can stay on friendly terms with our conquest going on

>>45518110
This is a good idea, I fully support this. Can it have the personality of an over enthusiastic 19th century British explorer?

>>45518714
You're going to break Grave with that level of detail.

Although... We could add a new thing to they game.
Generic trade commodity points. A simple point system for measuring the production of trade goods or sellable materials.
Seeing as we have a trade partner now it would be a good way of having an I game currency and keeping it simple
>>
>>45519131
That currency idea might work

>>45517520
You there yet bro?
>>
>>45519291
I am now

Roll call
>>
>>45519757
HURBIDY DERBIDY.
>>
>>45519757
I'm here
>>
>>45519757
bleh bleh bleh
>>
>>45519757
Fuckin Ya!
>>
Nice looks like we got enough still around.

So we left off with our intrepid Looms and Shadows beginning their very first stealth and abduction mission. With the sacrifice of two Dagger Frigate Decoys your reconstructed were able to sneak on board the Confederate space city currently under control of the Osjiic. They were sent with the intent of investigating the situation as well as abducting living test subjects for your experiments.

How should they proceed?

Units Available:
>5 Looms
>3 Shadows with Bola Launchers

(We'll get to the resource creation after this)
>>
>>45519131
>>45519757
Im here
Would the currency thing work grave?
>>
>>45519900
I'm thinking it might. Maybe split the resource/trade points into groups like:
>Food
>Contraband (weapons/drugs/smuggling)
>Resources (like metal and quarried stone)
>>
You're horrible, grave, I was just going to sleep
>>
>>45519757
Jyoti you're rapidly becoming my all time favorite QM. Here.
>>
>>45519949
Sorry mang. You can post any ideas you had and I'll make sure they get looked at if you need to sleep.
>>
>>45519889
Stick to the shadows, no need to draw attention.
Grab anyone, if you find a scientist or military officers even better
Grab as many as you can and them get the hell out! We don't want them to have any idea we where here in the first place
>>
>>45519889
You mentioned void and necrotic energies, as well as a humie getting shot. Propose investingating and maybe grabbing some soldiers for experimentation or minddraining
>>
>>45519889
Btw each Loom is equipped with one of the new NIDs
>>
>>45519889
Let's figure out where those screams and gunfire were coming from.
>>
i really want to turn the Ructu into our factions sorcerer caste
>>
>>45519993
How long dose a nid take to suck all the info out, and how many minds can it hold?
>>
>>45520103
It takes about five minutes for full extraction but only a minute or two for recent memories if you're in a hurry. A Think Tank brought along on the Support Coffin will be able to download the information and beam it back to the other Think Tanks in their network.

>>45519889
Sneak and search for clues and potential test subjects.
Roll me 3d100 best of first 3 pls
>>
Rolled 95, 2, 22 = 119 (3d100)

>>45520182
look for locations of scientists then so we can suck out there info
>>
Rolled 93, 47, 14 = 154 (3d100)

>>45520182
>>
Rolled 78, 72, 70 = 220 (3d100)

>>45520182
Any chance we can hijack a transport ship and trick a bunch of scientists in to it (we can use emergency evacuation as an excuse)
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 97 = 105 (3d100)

>>45520182
For Mother!
>>
Well, some minds gettin' sucked tonight
>>
>>45517641
I had a similar idea actually.

I was thinking that a long term project we could set up with the Armatocere is enlisting their help in designing an entire biosphere that can passively generate necrotic energy and funnel it toward us. Imagine an entire forest of plants that technically die once a season and give off massive amounts of easily harvestable Necrotic energy. They spread their seeds and later on revive themselves to an extant, and continue an existence not unlike our catoblepas, mimicking the processes of the living in a state of undeath.

Such an ecosystem could sustain itself and expand on it's own, and would passively grow our already vast well of Necrotic energy the same way as creating new troops does. How feasible is this Graves?
>>
Rolled 94, 31, 93 = 218 (3d100)

>>45520251
>>45520252
>>45520292
93, 95, 97
What an interesting pattern of odd numbers
>>45520287
Now that would be nice
>>
>>45520322
What is with players and wanting to break this qm?
>>
>>45520358

Because we want Jyoti to suffer.

Suffer for making us quality entertainment that basically demands we invest even a portion of our time and attention to; fuck that guy, he should takes notes from EA.
>>
>>45520358
It's not that we want to break him, it's just that we have a lot of good ideas but most of them are too complicated
>>
>>45520358
I imagined it as really simple thing that is basically a means of improving our ties with the Armatocere while giving Jyoti a way of explaining how Jadyk gets so powerful so quickly. More of a fluff than a crunch thing.
>>
Right this in the end a text based civ quest

At this point we should be streamlining things so it runs better not letting bloat choke the hell out of it

I mean things like can declare the Cow Herd and kelp tanks into a generic Factory Farms so we dont have to keep track of each one

Stuff like that so we dont get tied down in just the spreadsheets
>>
>>45520584
Good idea, and eventually turning worlds in to farm, city, and production worlds
>>
>>45520736
So you noticed i stole that from Gal Civ 2 eh

If it works why not as long as its easy to understand and efficient so we can go back to plotting and causing havoc

This is a civ game so steal the systems used by actual civ games then
>>
File: Osjiic.png (798 KB, 1086x417) Image search: [Google]
Osjiic.png
798 KB, 1086x417
>>45520182
Deciding to investigate the screams and gunfire the reconstructed move through the dark corridors, emergency lights flashing at regular intervals along the way. The Looms floated a foot from the ground or walls walking along their manipulater tentacles as their large eyes sweep the dark corridors, the Shadows drifting along the low-gravity with skipping steps. None of the reconstructed make a sound, their color changing skin dark and ripples grays and blacks to break up their silhouettes in the darkness.

It wasn't long before they find evidence of combat, bullet-holes and blaster scorchmarks dotting the walls. It appeared they were down in the maintenance areas, water dripping down from the walls and ceiling to pool along the floor in jiggling masses in the low gravity. The Looms could smell the blood of humans, vorh, osjiic, kesh, netu, among others, the barbs of their sting whips twitching excitedly.

Suddenly they could hear heavy footsteps and gruff Osjiic voices and the Looms quickly flatten themselves on the ceiling as the Shadows tuck themselves into nooks and doorways in the hallway. A pair of Osjiic soldiers turns a corner into the corridor and march their way. One drags a lifeless human behind them while looking over the carbine dwarfed in their hand and mumbling about the human's "toy" while the other holds an appropriately sized rifle and scans the dark hallway with their eyes hidden behind a green visor.

They wore no helmets and that was their downfall, Looms dropping silently to drift behind them for several meters without the gray skinned hominids noticing them. The Looms seemed to enjoy the notion they were so close yet unseen but they knew they were on a mission. There were startled gasps from the Osjiic as cluster sting whips bury their barbs into the back of their necks and they collapse to the ground as paralytic venom courses through them.

>cont
>>
File: OsjiicSoldier.jpg (61 KB, 560x728) Image search: [Google]
OsjiicSoldier.jpg
61 KB, 560x728
>>45520795
As one Osjiic is dragged into a janitorial closet the other is hauled to the coffin for the Think Tanks experiments. The eyes of the paralyzed Osjiic dart in a panic between the creatures clustered around it, it's heart beat pounding as a Loom drifts close and reaches out with a tentacle holding a NID. There is a faint whine as the probes small drills burrow through flesh then bone before inserting themselves into the gray matter.

The Osjiic twitches even through it's paralysis as their eyes roll back into their skull, the Think Tank draining it of it's memories and knowledge. Rifler Gurn, a grunt of the Osjiic Empire and proud soldier for the Emperor. The Think Tank learns the Osjiic desired the resources of the mining world with rumors of some secondary objective hidden somewhere on planet. They had struck the mining facility, crushing the small picket fleet and prevent escape and warning the Confederacy. Small pockets of resistance fighters existed on both the planet and space city making life for the occupying Osjiic hell.

That is until a few days ago when power was cut to most of the station and soldiers started to disappear. The guerillas were believed to be to blame until they found a group of them pinned to the walls by bolts of metal alongside several of their missing soldiers. Gurn had been part of the patrol that found the gruesome discovery, one of the greener grunts turning to void their stomach of the mornings protein gruel.

From the memories of the grunt you learn the general layout of the city. Management and the power reactor for the station were in the center of the city above the anchor to the space elevator. There were several living and processing districts comprising the bulk of the city along with a hydroponics wing and a hangar bay where the Osjiic have set up their command base.

>cont
>>
>>45521003
Using the knowledge of the Osjiic the Looms and Shadows disappear into the tunnels once more, keen eyes and senses pried for anything. The corpse of Gurn is left behind in the closet to rot, the valuable room of the Coffin needed for the living.

Splitting up with one group heading for the areas where the unfortunate Osjiic knew of guerrilla activity the others make their way to where the Osjiic were keeping the locals captive.

To avoid patrols of Osjiic the Looms squeeze themselves down and slip into ventilation ducts with the Shadows dragged behind by a pair of tentacles.

Following the scent of living beings the Looms quickly track down a group of guerrillas comprised of several humans, vorh and a netu making their way down a narrow side-corridor quickly carrying rifles and blasters. Slipping from the ducts a pair of Looms trail after the single-file group, their cluster sting whips dropping three of them from the rear, tentacles catching them and their weapons before they fell noisily and dragging them into the ducts. When the group realized they were short three they begin to whisper frantically and break into a run, a human running backwards with a panicked expression as they disappear.

The other group peer through the grate of the ventilation duct at a group of Confederate captives sitting in a too small conference room in the office district. Twelve of them, mostly human, sit around and speak in subdued tones to avoid the ire of the Osjiic guards stand just outside. Several wore white labcoats similar to the corpses found in the research facility with a handful in military jumpsuits. A scarred Kesh speaks with a pair of humans and a netu about a possibility of escape but they had little fight with.

>cont
>>
>>45521318
This group, if you could transport them back to the coffin, would be enough to begin your tests but were they worth the effort of getting the around the guards and convincing them to follow your stealth units.

>Break out captives
>Ignore and search for more stragglers
>Hunt Osjiic
>Search for mysterious attackers
>Other
>>
>>45521338
>Break out captives
>>
>>45521338
>Search for mysterious attackers
>>
>>45521338
>>Break out captives
How many guards are there?
>>
>>45521338
>>Break out the captives
>>
>>45521338
Search for mysterious attackers

These captives aren't going anywhere we will get them on the way back
>>
>>45521420
Currently four standing guard with rifles and two with shields.
>>
>>45521482
How about this. We now know the chane of command here right? We also know who has the right codes to order an emergency evacuation of all captives not just the ones in that room onto a single ship asap.

So we find the guy with the codes and get them, then order the evacuation then grab the ship
>>
>>45521569
I like this plan it's a good plan, and it would still leave room on the coffin for more!
And we should be able to look for the mysterious attackers after
>>
>>45521569
>>45521602
Risky but I support it
>>
>>45521569
>>45521634
Ditto
>>
>>45521338
>Search for Osjiic Officer with the authority to order an emergency evacuation

Roll me 3d100 pls
>>
>>45521569
We also need to try and get the ship launch unreported and if possible use a confederate ship, we haven't studied them that much yet
>>
Rolled 17, 32, 22 = 71 (3d100)

>>45521697
>>
Rolled 55, 23, 80 = 158 (3d100)

>>45521697
Once we find him we can lure him away from others by using some info or code from the Ojisc we already drained
>>
Rolled 18, 93, 16 = 127 (3d100)

>>45521697
Rollin
>>45521717
Good idea
>>45521755
Also good idea
>>
55, 93, 80 not bad
>>
Rolled 11, 11, 86 = 108 (3d100)

>>45521806
I thought only the highest mattered unless a Crit showed up
>>
>>45521870

I have never seen such a system you have described.

Almost every time it's a multiple die-roll and best out of three, it's been the best out of each individual row among the three.
>>
Rolled 10, 59, 31 = 100 (3d100)

>>45521910
Yes but in >>45521806 (assuming that's you) listed off 55 93 80. But the 80 and 55 are from the same roll of three d 100

Sorry my English is bad so I might just be confused
>>
>>45521910
What are you talking about anon. We take the best of three no matter which specific row they come from. There have been plenty of times in this quest where a single 3d100 roll provided all the rolls counted.
>>
>>45522245

I think you and the other guy are getting mixed signals, I personally took what he said as meaning vertical rows; like a slot machine.
>>
Rolled 48, 23, 97 = 168 (3d100)

>>45522029
That's the first time I've ever seen a 3d100 add up to 100
>>45522245
I think it's just the best number out of the first 3 rolls, so if it's 3d100 it's the best number out of the 9
>>
>>45521697
Using the knowledge gained from Gurn your Looms and Shadows disappear once more into the ventilation system. There was an Osjiic officer that held the codes needed to order an emergency evacuation supposedly stationed near the main reactor core. Slipping through the vents they search for their target.

They pass Osjiic patrols and several guerrillas laying in wait, ignoring them for their prize. The main reactor area was guarded by Osjiic guards at nearly all entrances but for the creatures made for stealth it was no problem to slip in unseen. Workers both Osjiic and native confederates work to repair the sabotaged reactor. There were multiple computer banks smashed and riddled with bullet holes but from what you gather from overheard conversations the reactor was deactivated safely before the systems were sabotaged to prevent all but the barest of life-control and orbital lift from being turned back on. Whoever had sabotaged the city knew how to prevent the reactor from going critical and detonating.

Spotting the Osjiic in question, an older officer with their armor scarred from frequent battles, talking with a group of osjiic and confederate workers. Officer Ruk commanding them to get the reactor working again before the next day cycle or there would be consequences. Several of the captives tried to protest but a soldier smacks one with the butt of the rifle and they fall over coughing. Dismissing the others the officer turns to depart with a group of three of other Osjiic on their way to the hangar bay and the command center there.

>cont
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.