[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bandit Quest 1: The banditing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 9
File: GIMMETHATFUCKINGGOLD.jpg (275 KB, 898x600) Image search: [Google]
GIMMETHATFUCKINGGOLD.jpg
275 KB, 898x600
Bandits are a staple of all fantasy settings, from noble bands of rogues to assholes looking to stab everyone for the silver in his pocket. Now how they begin and they function is one of great curiosity.

Each have different statistics, including Gold, Warfare strength, Food, Intelligence,and Defense

How shall we see our story begin?

A: Sturgren Bluefllow: The son of a farmer who had his lands and family destroyed by a war had no where else to turn. All he had was a his meager skill at his bow and the ten other young men who had worked as farm hands for him and will follow him to the end.

B: Ulgra Steelbeard: A Dwarven Smith, skilled in magical runes. A mistake crafting a Cursed Weapon for a rival but ended up in the hands of the hands of the Lord. Being banished the dwarven scion of his small family brought two dwarven retainers, skilled warriors and miners along with a small sack of gold.

C: Beogrand the Bear: A large man, former warrior of his Barbarian tribe that was slaughtered by an army of the 'civilized' man seeks now to get his revenge with only the young Druid who escaped the attack with only a minor scratch.

First to three will be the victor
>>
>>45497138
>A: Sturgren Bluefllow: The son of a farmer who had his lands and family destroyed by a war had no where else to turn. All he had was a his meager skill at his bow and the ten other young men who had worked as farm hands for him and will follow him to the end.
>>
>>45497138
>C: Beogrand the Bear: A large man, former warrior of his Barbarian tribe that was slaughtered by an army of the 'civilized' man seeks now to get his revenge with only the young Druid who escaped the attack with only a minor scratch.
>>
>>45497138
>A: Sturgren Bluefllow: The son of a farmer who had his lands and family destroyed by a war had no where else to turn. All he had was a his meager skill at his bow and the ten other young men who had worked as farm hands for him and will follow him to the end.
>>
>>45497138
Just to explain stats as we wait for the rest of the votes.

Warfare: The power of the band in a battle. How they stand up against other military foes or attacking settlements.

Gold: How wealthy the band is, this is not only in gold but also in precious items, and general goods they can trade and sell. Using this can be used to pay less loyal bandits to stick around, bribe officials or guard of a town, or buy weapons and armor.

Food: It's fuckin' food, how you gonna feed a population of bandits without food and booze?

Intelligence: This is the intelligence in the area and the knowledge of warfare. For more strategy and possible magic.

Defense: Everyone needs a place to live, and if your bandits you need to make sure that if people find where you live...you should be able to hold against some kind of enemy. Hell even a few wolves can fuck up a band of people if they're unprepared.
>>
>>45497406
>>
>>45497138
>C: Beogrand the Bear: A large man, former warrior of his Barbarian tribe that was slaughtered by an army of the 'civilized' man seeks now to get his revenge with only the young Druid who escaped the attack with only a minor scratch.
>>
>>
File: Cannonfodder.jpg (87 KB, 529x334) Image search: [Google]
Cannonfodder.jpg
87 KB, 529x334
>>45497456
First to three was Sturgen.
-------
"So boss, where we gonna set up camp?" Hue Longfellow asked as he hefted his hammer onto his shoulder while the others carried their rather meager and half broken weapons with the only exception being their bows for hunting.

They knew their homeland, and since their homes had been burnt by the rampage of the two opposing armies they had little in the place of housing except for making a camp somewhere local that hopefully was abandoned...

A: Old Yellowriver Mine: An old mine that had been abandoned due to some kind of infestation and has been empty for the last ten years.

B: The Clearing: A known clearing to the farmhands and a few others in the area next to a small stream. A small house could be built there and it had more than enough room to set up enough tents and fires to keep the men warm.

C: Jackson's Mill: Old man Jackson was a man who used to own a lumber mill before he sold the thing to a local merchant who died in the war due to a missed arrow. With no one actively running it or fiddling with it the place is easily accessed if a bit exposed.
>>
>>45497595
>C: Jackson's Mill: Old man Jackson was a man who used to own a lumber mill before he sold the thing to a local merchant who died in the war due to a missed arrow. With no one actively running it or fiddling with it the place is easily accessed if a bit exposed.
From here, we could plan to move into the mine, but only after we clear it out of whatever infestation is there. Don't want to move into a place before we know it's safe.
>>
>>45497595
>A: Old Yellowriver Mine: An old mine that had been abandoned due to some kind of infestation and has been empty for the last ten years.

Would be the safest option, since the other places are known and accessible to others. If we can, we could clear the infestation too.
>>
>>45497627
>>45497651
First to three for now folks.
>>
>>45497595
>A: Old Yellowriver Mine: An old mine that had been abandoned due to some kind of infestation and has been empty for the last ten years.
Tentative vote, do we know what kind of infestation?
>>
>>45497942
All that was public knowledge is that they had hired some adventurers to handle it and no one really is sure if anyone is around.
>>
>>45497942
>>45497962
C: Jackson's Mill: Old man Jackson was a man who used to own a lumber mill before he sold the thing to a local merchant who died in the war due to a missed arrow. With no one actively running it or fiddling with it the place is easily accessed if a bit exposed.
Changing to Mill then.
>>
Mill it is then-
------
Taking the mill was rather simple, it was run down to hell and part of the wood was rotten and some of the blades for the machines were all starting to rust. There was even a small batch of rooms below the mill's main area to hold the meager supplies and rooms for the bandits.

It wasn't over defendable but there was one main road that a cart would be able to go down and that was easily enough watched by a man on the roof with his bow.

Now all that was left was deciding what to do next...

A: Try to hide out on the road and jump a cart.
B: Go hunting for anything that might be around, like a goblin tribe to steal from.
C: Go into town, buy some supplies with the meager amount of money before they don't let us back in.
D: Go to a local tavern to listen for rumors.
>>
>>45498085
>B: Go hunting for anything that might be around, like a goblin tribe to steal from.
Start small. Any carts we could loot at this point wouldn't be more than potatoes and shit, and then we'd be hunted with no gear or experience to defend ourselves with.
Speaking of, what stuff do we and our men have?
>>
>>45498085
>B: Go hunting for anything that might be around, like a goblin tribe to steal from.
How many of us are in favor of using the mill as a staging point for an eventual push to clear out the mines?
>>
>>45498130
Supported.
>>
>>45498148
That was my intention.
Gotta get stronk first, no telling what's in their.
>>
>>45498175
>their
One day I will learn how to words.
>>
Option B

Whack goblins.
>>
>>45498130
>>45498148
Alright guys this is how it's gonna go.

a 1d100 with High results being good if you get doubles it ranks up from whatever it is to the next rank up so a 66 would be in the 70 range instead.

First three let's see what we find.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>45498341
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>45498341
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>45498341
I come from City of the Dead thread, and I bring the Curse of 1s with me.
This is now a 1s only thread
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>45498341
>>
>>45498376
Saved
>>
>>45498376
You bring the fucking savior because anything under fifty is bad.
----
Exploring around the area, and looking for 'monsters' to kill and take care of isn't a hard thing. Such beasts were not overly common but enough so that adventurers passing through always had a quest to do for the town for a bit of gold.

What they found was...not exactly what anyone was expecting. A few miles off the road and where a goblin encampment was supposed to be was a rather large Ogre, a female one at that .
It was piling up the corpses of the goblins and when it turned to see the newly formed gang it rose up shouldering it's club clearly still injuried but enough fight in it left to stand up.

A: Try to make peace and recruit the giant.
B: Kill it, take it's weapons and the loot it has.
C: Just kinda back up and remember that there are also some giantkin in the lands.
>>
>>45498459
>B: Kill it, take it's weapons and the loot it has.
>>
>>45498459
A: Try to make peace and recruit the giant.
>>
>>45498459
>A: Try to make peace and recruit the giant.
>>
>>45498459
>A: Try to make peace and recruit the giant.
>>
>>45498459
>B: Kill it, take it's weapons and the loot it has.
Can't trust an ogre.
>>
>recruiting an ogre
>not purging it
Such madness. I hope we fail our Diplomacy roll so we can kill it.
>>
>>45498515
>>45498510
>>45498508
"What you humies doin' 'ere?"

"We came to liberate the goblins from their spoils, but seems we found a capable warrior instead."

"Goblins puny and annoyed me, not much good eh?" She looked over the band, "You bandits? Farmers don't normally come wanderin' the woods."

"True enough..." The man said explaining the tale and offering the Ogre a place in their ranks. Surprisingly agreeing to that and sharing the loot she had grabbing a rather huge sack of...what they hoped was mutton and heading back to the mill.

Coming back the men had new daggers, a few new long bows, and Sturgren had a new broadsword that glowed lightly with some kind of odd magic.

The Ogre told it's name was Beatrice.

A: Ask the Ogre what they know
B: Go hunting again
C: Fortify the mill
D: Go into town to buy some shit
E: Hide on the road
>>
>>45498653
>A: Ask the Ogre what they know
Knowing is half the battle.
>>
>>45498653
>E: Hide on the road
>>
>>45498653
>>
>>45498653
>>
>>45498653
>>
>>45498672
"I know a small band 'o dwarves been fiddlin' with a new mine. Prospectors or somefing. I didn't get too close 'cause I heard somethin' screamin' because of torturin'." IT was odd for dwarves to torture.."As well as a tribe o' Orcs and the few barbarian tribes passed the mountain but they be peaceful and don't trouble me none. No other ogres, all alone and that's 'ow I like it."

A: Follow an OGre's lead
C: Fortify the mill
D: Go into town to buy some shit
E: Hide on the road
>>
>>45498750
>B: Go hunting again
>>
>>45498750
Betting Dwarves are enslaved by someone/something. Sounds too high level for us.

>>
>>45498750
>C: Fortify the mill
>>
>>45498750
>B: Go hunting again

I want to keep the attacks down for the time being. If possible we can get the villages trust and utilize them for cover and help like a Robin Hood Band.
>>
>>45498750
>C: Fortify the mill
>>
>>45498836
I don't wanna go full edgelord bandit, but I don't wanna be Robin Hood either.
Unless you mean still be 'bad' bandits and sorta payoff the village for cover that's fine.
>>
\>>45498836
Another Roll roll roll!
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>45498921
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>45498921
Rev up those 1s!
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>45498932
>>45498933
We're boned.

>>45498921
>>
>>45498953
Scouting around with an Ogre is...difficult to sneak up on anything. Of course in the wanderings a curious thing is found in the wilderness. A shrine of sorts, covered in animal skulls and bones in odd geometric shapes that seem repulsive yet strangely interesting along with a few trinkets of some value sitting on the alter!

A: Steal that shit
B: Destroy the Alter
C: Sacrifice something to the alter
D: Leave that alone and fuck the gods/whateverthisis
>>
>>45499024
>A: Steal that shit
>>
>>45499024
E: Try to work out which god the altar is to
If it's some faggot we haven't heard of, go ahead and steal that shit. Otherwise, let's not step on any toes.
>>
>>45499024
lets not get on the bad side of some asshole forest/death/murder god
>>
File: Axethemaquestion.jpg (230 KB, 1200x921) Image search: [Google]
Axethemaquestion.jpg
230 KB, 1200x921
>>45499098
>>45499081
>>45499051
I like how this is like. Do it, Maybe do it, and Fuck that
>>
>>45499145
Perhaps we're a devout agnostic. On the topic of gods, our stance is a firm 'maybe'.
>>
>>45499024
>E: Try to work out which god the altar is to
>>
>>45499024
>>B: Destroy the Alter

Fuck that shit
>>
>>45499024
e
>>
File: DoubleAxeBandit.jpg (84 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
DoubleAxeBandit.jpg
84 KB, 480x800
Since the option is...Figure it out
We'll say we'll roll D100, best of three and I'll write down the DC in my notebook.
Go on and roll and try to figure it out.
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>45499353
rollan boss
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>45499353
Time to piss off some gods/spirits!
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>45499353
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>45499353
Bandits rule!
Paladins drool!
>>
>>45499401
DC was 60
-
"Hey...ain't this a Shrine to Lycine? God of Lycanthropes, Wolves, and that kinda hunting savagery and shit?"

"Yeah I think it is...normally those are more to the north where wilder men live but I heard that a few cults were growing in the area due to all the game drawing wolves here..."

D: Leave that alone and fuck the gods/whateverthisis
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>45499353
>>
>>45499457
>C: Sacrifice something to the alter
Wolves and bandits do have quite a bit in common...
>>
>>45499457
destroy it
>>
>>45499457
Fuck those guys.
>>
>>45499457
>C: Sacrifice something to the altar

>Wolves explicitly lampshaded earlier to be able to fuck up unprepared people
Let's not take chances. It doesn't have to be a large sacrifice, just something to let him know that we're here.
>>
>>45499457
>D: Leave that alone and fuck the gods/whateverthisis

All right guys, leave religous shit alone, unless it's covered in gold. In which case steal that shit and then leave whatever is left alone.

Is there a god of theives or bandits out there?

>>45498884

That's the one that I meant, no sense in pissing off the people living closest too us
>>
>>45499457
>C: Sacrifice something to the altar
>>
So, how evil do you guys wanna make us?
>>
File: SpookyFuckers.jpg (121 KB, 726x1080) Image search: [Google]
SpookyFuckers.jpg
121 KB, 726x1080
>>45499514
There is but the farmers knew little about him or his iconagraphy.
->>45499476
>>45499496
>>45499526
Three Sacrifices!
----
The sacrifice wasn't much, barely even a sacrifice except that it was a bloody hunk of meat from a deer they had killed the day before that was close to the cap. A good shot and leaving it there uncooked with the blood dripping just kind of seemed to fit. Leaving it alone the night a wolf howls to the moon...and something within the forest responds with a deeper sound.

A: Go check those Dwarves out
B: Head to town, see if there is anything of interest.
C: Fortify a bit.
D: Go to the shrine again
E: Do the roadside thing
>>
>>45499457
C

Nothing crazy, say a deer or some such
>>
>>45499575
Surviving evil/neutral.

Seriously, going full evil with so little men is silly, we would get hunted down and gutted within days.
>>
>>45499585
>C: Fortify a bit.
Fix shit up, hunt for food, make sure we have a place to run back to if our first banditry run goes south.
>>
>>45499585
>B: Head to town, see if there is anything of interest.
>>
>>45499575
Lets not go strait to twirling moustaches, but we gotta survive, and we gotta look out for our own first and formost
>>
>>45499585
C
>>
>>45499585
buy shit, see if we can fix up the mill
>>
Can we maybe have the majority of our dudes stay and fortify with the ogre while we head into town with one or two as back up?
>>
>>45499585
>C: Fortify a bit.
>>
>>45499627
Alright so we have a building thing so d100 same sort of system as before.
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>45499813
>roll poorly
>building collapses and kills half our guys
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>45499813
something something nat 1
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>45499813

I support True Neutral-Neutral Evil spectrum, look out for our own, cause we're the only ones who will. Not unreasonable but if you fight we'll kill
>>
>>45499846
Actually yeah if you guys rolled a 1 someone would probably die due to the building collapsing.
>>
>>45499880

Will we eventually get bonuses as we get better at banditry?
>>
>>45499880
Speaking of 1, do crit fails override?
>>
>>45499906
Nah,
>>45499903
Eh eventually. The Ogre helps with War stuff 'cause it's a giant.
-
>>45499846
Building a few things with a few bits of junk around the building isn't hard, and the main focus is the defense. So a few things are knocked together including a new set of spiked walls to put on the ground and on the road so if people try to come that way they'll be deturred or injuried.

A: Go check those Dwarves out
B: Head to town, see if there is anything of interest.
C: Fortify a bit.
D: Go to the shrine again
E: Do the roadside thing
>>
>>45500024
>>
>>45500024
>>
It's interesting how competent and focused /tg/ is as bandit when compared to,well, literally any other quest.
>>
File: thehighwayman.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
thehighwayman.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>45500079

We're just trying to make our way with our own two hands
>>
>>45500024
I'd reallylike to give a life sacrifice to the shrine eventually. Maybe once our first try to mug someone succeeds. With them as sacrifice.
>>
>>45500024
>>
File: Edgyfuck.jpg (122 KB, 659x720) Image search: [Google]
Edgyfuck.jpg
122 KB, 659x720
>>45500062
>>45500038
Coming back to town was something of a...curious act. Mainly three men came back with a meager amount of gold they could scrap together and found when they actually came into town things were a bit...odd.

Mainly the inn was gone, the general store was in shambles, and the only place that wasn't lightly scorched was the smithy but that was mostly because it was made of stone.

Hearing a bit of information it seemed a small Dragon, only about the size of a human came about the town and decided it wanted most of what was of value, and when it didn't get it caused havoc with it's fire and it's claws since most men in the village were dead and gone and the only guards left were barely able to hit it due to how fast it was.The Inn even burnt down which was a horrible shame...

A: Go buy some stuff, see what's all left.
B: Not much left about town, let's go back to the camp and report this.
C: Try to ask around, see if anything has happened that's note worthy.
D: Inspect any new faces or things poking around the village.
>>
>>45500079
I think it's because instead of being a Hero and having to think about what we're doing. It's more allowing them to be the band of asses 4chan is with a fantasy twist.
>>
Ok boys we need to gather funds and make the new inn. A perfect den
>>
>>45500182
>C: Try to ask around, see if anything has happened that's note worthy.
>D: Inspect any new faces or things poking around the village.

No sense in taking what little is left, I would like to keep this place as a way to fence some of the more general trade goods we might get our hands on.

Once we get our information we should return to camp
>>
>>45500182
>C: Try to ask around, see if anything has happened that's note worthy.
Maybe get some recruits. Being down on our luck is how we became bandits after all.
>D: Inspect any new faces or things poking around the village.
If there was a Dragon, even a small, there will probably be adventurers or some such looking for it.
>>
>>45500227
Second

Also, building up the town some with ill gotten gains would be a good idea, gives us a fence and buys loyalty of the locals which adds an extra layer of protection for us
>>
>>45500313
>>45500227
As a few things are noted the screams of dwarves who have gone missing the mountains have seem to have stopped by a few local trappers but they couldn't find where the camp actually is.

Along with that the Dragon was said to have gone south a bit into a valley away from the village with huge sacks of loot as it flew off since the area was rather poor anyway so the bandits head back home.

A: Try to find that Dwarf Camp
B: Go hunting
C: Visit the Shrine
D: Fix the house up a bit.
E: Head to town
>>
Hm dragons and dwarves it is.

Get gear so we can colapse that old mine if things go south while scouting.
>>
>>45500408
>A: Try to find that Dwarf Camp
>>
>>45500408

Maybe there is something left to Scavenge
>>
>>45500408
A
>>
>>45500408
Fix the house up a bit.

Fixing the mill should do us good since we need the lumber for a proper fort.
>>
>>45500408
>>
>>45500446
Also going to need lumber for building an inn, it can wait tho
>>
>>45500447
Finding the Dwarven camp with the lead of the Ogre was a rather simple task. What was found there was a little...less simple.

Around the area was the corpses of a few different dwarves, strung up by the trees or just laying on the ground with whip scars and shaved beards. Poking around and toward the gate around sunset since it was a fairly long walk through the day was a dark skinned figure dressed in rather flamboyant cloths watching them from what appeared to be a hastily constructed wall with the gate's catwalk as it's perked.

"Bonjour! Here to buy or sell today in our market eh?" The figure asked in a bit of rough common and somewhat masculine voice.
>>
>>45500518
A: Return the greeting politely and ask what the 'market' is.
B: Demand he speaks proper common!
C: Ask what he is and what he is doing.
D: Try to shoot him with a bow.
>>
>>45500518
>A: Return the greeting politely and ask what the 'market' is.
>>
>>45500557
A
>>
>>45500557
>>
>>45500557
>C: Ask what he is and what he is doing
>>
>>45500568
>>45500588
>>45500597
"Ah de market of Flesh and Servitude! A market to buy slaves and servants of any type you would want or sell anything you may catch eh?" He said simply and 'fell' from the catwalk and onto the ground in front of the small band.

"You need slaves, weapons, or anything like that you come to me eh?" He said bowing kindly, clearly now a Drow Elf...a slightly terrifying idea that a Drow is in the region and has a base better than that. "You don't look like normal farmin' folk..."

A: Ask to see the stock
B: Attempt to Stab the Drow.
C: Tell him you're not interested at the moment.
D: Ask him for help.
E: Write in
>>
>>45500686
What meagre wealth do we have? I reckon we're too poor to be affording anything he's got. Perhaps see about his prices anyways
>>
>>45500686
>A: Ask to see the stock
Might not be able to afford it, but its nice to know what they got.
Also, ask if they buy and for how much.
For future reference.
>>
>>45500686
Ask to see the stock.

Elf slave wat do?
Tiem for brothel!
>>
>>45500686
here's our alternative to >>45500126 and risky hostage situations
nice
>>
>>45500761
we're bandits, not pimps.
>>
>>45500773
Whatever makes us money.
>>
>>45500761
>>45500773

I mean, if we get intothe inn business eventually it cant hurt having a couple nice whores.
>>
>>45500686
>A: Ask to see the stock

Mostly for the weapons not the slaves
>>
>>45500751
"Ah of course you can eh?" He said opening the gates and a few other Drow, dressed in 'casual' cloths and chainmail with small weapons strapped to their sides as a good amount of different slaves were about.

A few large pens of orcs, goblins, and even a pack of Gnolls that were rather cowed when a drow came by.

"Ah yes we also 'ave humans but few think that others should buy the same race but I doubt you mind much eh?" He said turning. A few goblin slaves would clean out the meager coffers but a human captive would be worth one or two goblins in trade.

A: Ask him if he has any work.
B: Ask him to see if he is hunting for anything.
C: Try to buy a slave or two
D: Leave, and promise to return.
>>
>>45500853
>B: Ask him to see if he is hunting for anything
very interested in this
>>
>>45500853
A
>>
>>45500853
>A: Ask him if he has any work.
>B: Ask him to see if he is hunting for anything.
>D: Leave, and promise to return.

We'll need to get better established but I think we can have a good working relationship here
>>
>>45500853
>>
>>45500853
>>
>>45500853
How much do we know about the general public's, more specifically the law, view on slavery?

>>45500853
>B: Ask him to see if he is hunting for anything.
Maybe he has a client looking for something specific.
Ask about if he buys, and how much he pays if he does.
>>
>>45500853
>>
>>45500905
>>45500899
>>45500912
"Hmm, well I 'ave been in need of a new way to bring slaves to market so if you find men willing to do buisiness through you, you will be able to get a good price for them and a commission from me. As for what I might want...surface elves are always a fine cost." He said smirking a bit and nodding, "A fine reward you'll get for one."

Heading back home, now you've found a new landmark! Drow Slaver Camp!

A: Visit the Slaver Camp
B: Go to town
C: Set up an ambush on the road
D: Explore the forest.
E: Go south to hunt for the dragon.
F: Fix up the mill
>>
>>45500994

D: Explore the forest.
>>
>>45500994
>C: Set up an ambush on the road
>>
>>45500994
F

Ogre should give us a bit of a boost to building too yea?
>>
>>45500994
>D: Explore the forest.
>>
>>45500994
f
>>
>>45500994
>>
>>45500994
I still don't feel we're ready to start raiding travelers.
At least not anything worth while.
>constantly raid the forest
>explore dungeon
>climb mountains
>fight dragons
>all so we feel ready to attack peasants on the road.
>>
>>45501027
Ogres are more on Deconstruction than Construction. For the most part it cooks in a huge pot of mystery meat which the men are assured isn't what's left of a passed person of some kind.
>>
File: Weirdfuckingcavalry.jpg (82 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Weirdfuckingcavalry.jpg
82 KB, 640x960
>>45501020
>>45501055
>>45501046
Alright roll for the exploration then.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>45501098
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>45501098
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>45501098
>we fall into a hole
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>45501098
>>
>>45501124
>With Weapons and armor in it
>>
>>45501124
Exploring, a few men start to poke around in a clearing until...one kind of falls into a pit with the others looking down at him. Freaking out as he starts to scramble up a rope his friends lowered down they begin to explore it finding the ruins of what seemed to be some kind of odd Ruin. Exploring it and using torches an odd shrine makes itself known a large dragon statue holding gemstones in it's mouth and them 'leaking' onto an altar below with a soft 'tinkle' every few moments...

A: Steal that Shit.
B: Make a sacrifice at the alter.
C: Destroy the alter, steal the monies.
D: Leave it the fuck alone and get the fuck out
>>
>>45501198
>>A: Steal that Shit.
>>
>>45501198
>A: Steal that Shit.
The Ruins I mean.
>>
>>45501198
>A. Steal that Shit
>>
>>45501198
>A: Steal that Shit.
Awoo God > Dragon God
>>
>>45501198
Take gems, sacrifice an animal
>>
>>45501215
>>45501225
>>45501248
>>45501253
>sacrificing to some mangy dog shrine
>but fuck the dragon shrine
>>
>>45501215
>>45501225
>>45501248
>>45501253
Stealing the gemstones lines the pockets and the sacks of the bandits rather quickly with more flowing quickly as the ruins rumble and shake as if the statues and stones were ANGRY!

Roll 1d100 to see what happens and if the men escape!
>>
>>45501290
Tbf dragons is already giving people shit

Aint no furballs give us any trouble
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>45501323
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>45501323
Rocks fall. Everyone dies.
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>45501323
>we chose dog god over dragon god
Disgusting
>>
>>45501348
>of laughter.
>>
>>45501387
>bandits and wolves
>both sneaky pack hunters

It fits
>>
>>45501348
...God dammit I was gonna punish you for being fucking greedy fucks.
-
Snatching the gemstones and pair of statuettes before hurrying out of the hole the rumbling settles...seemingly no issue as the others seem to count their booty. A few more head down and find more statues and drag them up, rather valuable and as they drag everything back to the fort they notice that the Gemstones is a ton of valuable Rubys. Riches beyond a lord is now in your grasp...once you sell the haul.

The statues are odd, and seem oddly magical and are of draconic humanoids in various positions. Artistic and with different things. The final item they found was a pair of chokers, clearly magical as they were glowing and when placed around the neck they felt strangely warm but in a good way.

A: Go visit the fuckin Drow Market!
B: Visit Town!
C: Set up an ambush!
D: Fix some shit up.
>>
>>45501492
>C. Set up an ambush
Time to kill some shit!
>>
>>45501492
>>45501387
ahem
>>
>>45501492
Drow market

Suppose might can get some insight into identifying our magical bits

Maybe buy a goblin to sac to the wolf god, maybe another one or two if our ogre needs more food

Maybe some gear
>>
>>45501492
>game just started
>already(potentially) rich as fuck
So how do we sell this shit?
>>
>>45501567
I think bit by bit to the local blacksmith
>>
>>45501492
>>45501567
>sell mad lewt
>rich as fuck
>give up banditry cause you've accomplished your goal
>>
>>45501567
Drow Slaver isour only fence, and even then he shouldnt know just how much we have.

Flashing around the destitute tiwn is just askkng for trouble at the moment

Getting that inn built tho
>>
>>45501605
I wouldn't use the drow as a fence.
If he sees one gem, he'll assume we have more.
Why buy what you can take?
>>
So what're you guys doing?
Drow?
Town?
Ambush?
>>
>>45501625
this

>>45501579
>Bandits in Plate armor
well that would work
>>
>>45501639
Drow I say

Only take a tiny portion of our wealth tho
>>
>>45501639
Town.
Maybe find a passing caravan to hitch a ride to the nearest city and sell shit.
>having to buy a ride with merchants so we don't get raided by bandits
>like ourselves
>>
>>45501657
>>45501605
the drow is NOT a fence
and he's a DROW
he'll murderfuck us in no time and steal our loot. Or make us a slave.
>>
>>45501579
The problem is they have no money, and probably no good material.
He'd still need to find a way to sell the gems to buy materials to work with.
>>
>>45501681
He could probably do that anyway just to make that clear. He offered you a job too and let you just kinda walk out of the camp.
>>
>>45501657
>trusting a Drow slaver with knowing you have valuables
Why not slit your own throat in the night and be done with it?
>>
>>45501681
Fine, we'll put off selling to the drow till we're stronger then.

I mean we're rolling with an ogre and dealing with a werewolf god, we're no angels
>>
>>45501703
Probably cause we looked dirt fucking poor, and the chance to get cheap labor was more valuable to him than what he could get trying to sell some male dirt farmers.
>>
Exchange a couple gems for armor and weapons from the smith.
>>
>>45501725
And neither are the Drow.
Honor amongst thieves is a load of shit, and if you think the Drow won't fuck us over just cause we're evil, you're dead wrong.
>>
>>45501703
This too, even dickass drow need surface people to do business with.

They cant very well run a successful slaving business if they fuck over their middlemen all the time.

But yea, itll be beneficial to deal with themfrom a position of strength.
>>
>>45501764
we're not evil, we're neutral pragmatic
at best
>>
SO FINAL COUNT!"
A: Head to Town to spread the wealth and buy some shit.
B: Go to the drow to see wwhat they could work out brining a little bit of the loot.
C: Hold that shit up and maybe go exploring the woods for a bit.
>>
>>45501799
>A: Head to Town to spread the wealth and buy some shit.
only a little and I'm fine with that
>>
>>45501799
A
>>
>>45501799
>>
>>45501799
>>
For the love of God be subtle, enter different ways and times, leave in the same manner before regrouping and heading back.
>>
>>45501799
>>
Has writefag abandoned us?
>>
>>45502348
he has a name. and yeshe has
>>
No... no I don't think he has abandoned us. Rather, I guess he slept in
>>
Was a nice quest too
>>
>>45502857
It really fucking was
>>
File: otto.png (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
otto.png
80 KB, 640x480
maybe it was just connection errors?
>>
>>45502857
>>45503589
>quest about being a bandit
>we never actually did bandit things
I guess you could count talking to slavers about slaves if you wanna be technical.
>>
>>45503707
we were working up to it....
>>
Maybe he left cause he wrote himself into a corner with the gems?
We were simple farmers who became bandits to make ends meet.
Not really a need to stay a bandit when you get filthy rich before the first week is over unless you're just a bad guy who likes doing bad things.
>>
>>45503783
Getting people and take revene on whoever ordered the march through our poor farm?
>>
>>45503837
Which would probably put us at odds with a country, and to fight against that would need more than what simple banditry would get us.
We'd have to step it up, and become the next level of thieves:
Bankers
>>
>>45503899
Banker Bandit Quest? I'm in
>>
>>45503953
>rates so high you'll only ever pay the interest, never touching the principal
>foreclosing on houses
>liens on all the peasants
>that's a nice paycheck you got there, be a shame if someone garnished it
>stocks and bonds nigga
>51% ownership of multiple big businesses
>government begging for money? not with AA credit like that!
I honestly don't know shit about banking, just throwing shit and seeing what sticks
>>
>>45504113
Goodbye sweet prince.
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.