[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eye of Ugin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 200x285
why is it this card is so fucking hard to sell?
I've played magic for a long time and I can't believe that NOBODY wants it right now, especially with how popular eldrazi are, I have 4 of them, how do I sell them?
>>
>>45495046
because everyone thinks that it's gonna get banned in April
>>
>>45495046
It may be pricy as hell, but only a retard or a guy with a lot of money would risk buying them now. This card will be likely banned in April.

Your best shot is proposing the best price because honestly 10 bucks doesn't make a difference for the heavy downfall that will soon follow.
>>
>>45495046
eBay?
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 627x502) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 627x502
>>45495057
It's because of eldrazi mimic isn't it?
>>
I seriously jope you brought it before January. Like I did. Idgaf it's banned now but selling it before April is going to be tough unless you con someone or they're rich.
>>
>>45495110
I bought it years ago when it was $9
>>
>>45495092
Eye of Ugin plus Eldrazi Temple means a turn 2 Thought-Knot Seer, and with Simeon Spirit Guide, a turn 2 Reality Smasher.

Most folks at my FLGS believe that it will be the Temple, not Eye, that will get banned. Most people are scared of building the deck because of possible bans and speculations.
>>
>>45495148
I hope so, I just want to pull a nice ROI on these things before they tank
>>
>>45495148
>Preferring to ban Temple instead of Eye

Look, sure Temple is very good, but Eye doesn't need to be tapped for its ability AND have a disgusting come back ability to it too. That's what most people forget about Eye.

It makes Tron look ridiculous in comparison.
>>
>>45495189
Tell me about it. I'm sitting 2 Reality Smashers and can't over them for the same reason.
>>
>>45495190
Eye is a legendary, and it's not a colorless source.
Sure you can go 4 Eldrazi Mimic on t1, then what? Get wiped by Pyroclasm? Because it will be very hard for you to go t2 TKS or Smasher.
>>
>>45495275
It is a delicate dance when you play Eldrazi. At every single moment you must constantly be calculating the optimum use of your spells. You are not limited by something ancient like mana. You are limited by your own intelligence and cleverness.

Thought-Knot Seer means you have to know every other deck's spells and game plan. It's all or nothing. Eldrazi players have to be better at the game than other people.

Bad control and no late game. A reward Wizards put into the game for experienced players
>>
>>45495046
Are you using a Facebook group? try that.
Foils are absolutely not moving.

>mfw I sold my eldrazi the day after the pro tour
>>
>>45495309
the deck is like being pulled by a huge, stupid dog. It requires very little skill but holy shit is it fun to play against the other non-eldrazi decks in modern.

>I even know this is a troll post and I don't care
>>
>>45495046
You're just a shitty seller....

i pick like 20 before PT, and need more for sell
>>
I think what I'll end up doing is trading 2 of them for a blight steel colossus for my Glissa the traitor EDH infect deck, and put an eye in there for a Rombo combo with my mycosynth lattice
>>
>>45495190
plus with urborg, Eye is a mushra workshop for eldrazis, 3 fucking mana
>>
>>45495446
Perhaps, but if it ain't selling at a local FNM, it ain't selling m80
>>
It's because you sell it for $40+ dollars and most people won't pay that much for a single if they're not dead-set compettetive.
>>
>>45495925
But this is wrong completely.
You obviously don't know very competitive players.
The Kitchen table isn't competitive anon
>>
>>45496240
But compettetive players won't buy it because of the potential ban. So the only ones left are casual players. I don't know any casuals who'll shell out $40 on a single card.
>>
>>45496240
>Won't pay that much unless they're compettetive
>Competetive people aren't like that!
So are you saying compettetive MTG players don't buy expensive singles?
>>
>>45495485
what asshole tries to sell cards at their LGS?
Seriously, that's scummy. Sell online, like everyone else, and let your local store have their measly 40K a year.
>>
>>45495148
at my flgs everyone thinks eye will get the axe. the thing that is really busted about eye is that in the eldrazi deck it doesn´t produce 2 mana, most of the times it produces way more like 4 or 6 mana a turn
>>
>>45496314
I'm a casual player and I bought 4 godless shrine expeditions because I loved the art so much.
>>
>>45495046
Stop trying to sell at tcg mid prices you Jew
>>
>>45496986
I feel this. I'm casual as fug, only play draft at my LGS and have constructed games with a few buddies, but I'm about to buy a Misty Rainforest Expedition. Just love the art.
>>
>>45495190
Lets look at the situation
Temple banned :
>Turn 1 : Play eye
>Play 4 mimics
>Turn 2 : Play random land
>Now what ?
>Your opponent cast pyroclasm
>You just got a nice 4 for 1 for 6 damage.

Eye banned :
>Turn 1 : Play temple
>Play a mimic
>Turn 2 : Play another temple
>Play TKS, rip your removal
>swing for 4
>Turn 3 : Play random land
>Play Reality smasher
>Swing for 14
>You fetched ? GG faggot.

So which one is the most busted ?
>>
theyre going to ban temple since eye is in the expeditions
remember that market always comes first for them
>>
>>45498132
Nah, because the B&R announcement comes when SOI releases and they don't care about OGW any more.
>>
>>45498036
Eye is only really busted with multiple mimics (it also comes with a late game value mode, assuming the deck even has targets), but temple is much more reliably good. I'd kill the nonlegendary one, but I could see an argument either way. Although wizards being wizards, they'll probably just ban both.
>>
>>45498036
Not really on one side of the fence or the other on this situation, but if you change two of the mimics to a simian spirit guide and thought knot seer and you'd have 3 4/4s on T2. This make it safe to pyroclasm but doesnt give the option of reality smasher the turn after without another spirit guide.

I agree that the Temple ban is more crushing than the Eye ban though, but its not AS bad as you made it seem here.
>>
>>45498945
Ignore me im a faggot and dumb
>>
>>45498036
Or how bout this temple banned scenario instead:
>Turn 1, play eye
>Play 4 mimics
>Turn 2, play mountain
>Play vile aggregate
>Swing for 20
>GG faggot
>>
>Ban Eye
Decks can T2 a Thought Nazi, but it requires 2 copies of a card you only run 4 of
>Ban Temple
T2 Nazi is possible Eye + Magic Monkey so is technically easier to pull off. You can also still have explosive openings by dumping all of your small dudes just off the Eye.

Eye is the better ban.
>>
>>45496539
i was trying to sell it to the store

on top of that nobody wanted to trade for it
>>
>>45495925
that also makes alot of sense
>>
>>45497926
>>45496986
Casual player reporting in.

My EDH deck has 4 expeditions currently, working on getting a few more. Many casual players don't mind paying a lot of money for cards, but we have the benefit of time. For example, I don't buy cards while they are in standard, I wait for them to rotate out and drop in price.
>>
>>45499034
>1 eye, 1 mountain, 4 mimics, and 1 aggregate.
>7 cards at a chance to win on Turn 2

Yeah, naw.
>>
>>45499530
>2 temples, mimic, TKS, random land, Reality Smasher
>6 cards that can't even guarantee a win by turn 3

We've been in Magical Christmas Land territory from the start, why half-ass it for a hand that doesn't even guarantee a win?
>>
>>45495092
>It's because of eldrazi mimic isn't it?

No, it's because of Eye of Ugin. Eye of Ugin is gonna get banned because Eye of Ugin is broken when used with Eye of Ugin. It also has a number of broken interactions with cards such as: every single Eldrazi ever printed.
>>
>>45495312
>>45495312
Wait

WHAT?

Eldrazi aren't worth playing anymore?

Fuck this gay coast
>>
>>45499623
I'm on the side that hopes both temple and eye get banned. I was just pointing out that anons magical combo was a terrible one
>>
>>45499623

You don't really need any specific hand for it to be broken. It just IS broken, no matter what you're doing with it. No land should ever be allowed to give you 4 or 6 mana per turn.

Only time Eye was close to fair was when every Eldrazi costed like eight or more, so you never were able to cast multiples per turn. Creating cheap eldrazi broke it in half.
>>
>>45499720
>Eldrazi aren't worth playing anymore?

Playing, sure, it's still busted as ever. Buying, not necessarily, since everyone is so certain there will be bannings.
>>
In the facebook group I use for sales/trading, of the last 20 sales posts, 7 of them are trying to offload Eye of Ugin.

Everyone is desperate to get rid of them now that the price spiked so high and they are afraid of it getting banned.
>>
>>45498036
It's gonna be eye because it also removes Tron's inevitability engine and that's the next target after Memedrazi.
>>
>>45499975
In my local facebook group I traded a foil Eye for a Karn liberated and a thoughtseize the day after the Protour.

Feels good man.
>>
So guys what should I run as a 1 of in Tron once Eye gets banned and i have an open space?
>>
>>45499705
Wow yeah those Nest Invaders are some oppressive fucking shit, but at least they got reprinted in MM2 so they didn't get TOO prohibitively expensive
>>
>>45495312
Jelly of that painting. Is it fan art?
>>
>>45495148
>>45495190
>>45498036
They will not ban am over 50 dollar card. If they ban anything they will ban the less expensive card.
>>
>>45496986
>>45497926
>>45499442
Casual here, taking the cake.

I totaled up my finances recently and discovered that I've spent $10,000 on Magic since 2012.
>>
>>45504348
>Needing a colored source to be casted
>Making a 0/1, not a 1/1

wew lad quality shitpost 8/8
>>
>>45505165
i feel you familia
>>
>>45505429
It's really kind of disgusting.
>>
>>45505528
>Actually spending almost $500 on the Theros block

That's the worst part tbqh mi familia

Also how many Shocklands did you buy for $1.6k goddamn
>>
>>45505577
Only one copy of each printing.
>>
>>45504717
wizards doesn't care about the aftermarket.

besides they've banned cards worth over 50 before
>>
Assuming Eye of Uguuu~ isn't banned, would a Naya Eldrazi deck be viable?
>>
>>45505165
>>45505528
I've probably spent something like that.

But I recently decided to sell some of my modern legal cards and found out their value was around ~$10,000. Now I just need to sell them before modern crashes and burns.
>>
>>45508449
>Eldrazi
>Colors

Please choose one.
>>
>>45499131
The store most likely has a maximum amount of copies of specific cards they're willing to have in stock at any given time.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.