[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You and your army are besieged in a large castle and there is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11
File: Siege.jpg (48 KB, 1280x623) Image search: [Google]
Siege.jpg
48 KB, 1280x623
You and your army are besieged in a large castle and there is no hope for reinforcements. The enemy outnumbers you four to one. It's only a matter of time before the food runs out or their siege engines start to assault the walls.

What do you do to secure victory?
>>
Do a heroic charge with my soldiers into the heart of the opposition.

It works
>>
>>45493302
Subterfuge. I send three small groups out over the wall, while distracting the enemy on the far side of the castle with torches, counter-battery fire from balistae and generally looking like I'm going to try a counter-attack.

Those three groups have different duties
>Group 1 is my swiftest runners. They will go to my allies and alert them to my situation
>Group 2 will infiltrate the enemy camp and poison their supplies and sabotage their siege engines
>Group 3 will harrass the enemy with skirmish tactics, sapping their morale, killing off foraging parties, burning their camp and generally making life as fucking miserable as possible
>>
>>45493302
Personal duel motherfucker.
>>
>>45493302
Surrende
Especialy if its the situation in the op image the walls are half breached already.
>>
>>45493563
*surrender.
>>
>>45493302
Four to one? Those are some good odds for a siege.

If meeting them in battle is not an option, then treat with the leader and come to a compromise.
>>
File: a-10-thunderbolt-ii_008.jpg (78 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
a-10-thunderbolt-ii_008.jpg
78 KB, 1200x800
>>45493302
TIME FOR A STRAFING RUN.
>>
File: Talleyrand_01.jpg (248 KB, 1375x1700) Image search: [Google]
Talleyrand_01.jpg
248 KB, 1375x1700
>>45493302

Switch sides
>>
Summon the shamanic powers that be, have a few sacrifices, lose face to protect the greater kingdom with the elemental spirits. Its worth recycling more.
>>
>>45493302
>four to one.
That isn't really that bad.

Divide troops into six groups
1 & 2= Walls
3 & 4 = Positioned to the right and left side of the inside main gate
5 = Positioned in between 3 & 4 , just a bit inside
6 = Positioned behind 5, acts as reserves and killing off stragglers

Open the gate and let the enemy march into the meat grinder
>>
>>45493937
I've done that in Total War, but what if they have siege equipment/ siege towers? Then 2/3 of your troops are just sitting around with their thumbs up their butts
>>
>>45494002
Only if they have siege towers and you don't have a moat or a deep ditch that would impede it.
>>
Wait for the hunger and delirium to set it. From there it's only a matter of time before somebody finds the Holy Lance and drives the men into a righteous bloodlust. Then we ride out and kill everyone in sight. Afterwards we'll stop by the McMaraat an enjoy some local cuisine.
>>
>>45493543
Infiltrating a medieval camp is very hard, because unlike our normals armies, usually people were grouped in levies raised on the same lands. So yhe twelve men from this little hamlet, and the twenty men from that small village and the other two score men from the next village over, all knew each other and all fight and camp near the banner of Baron Cocksworth . So a new face wouldn't belong anywhere in that crowd. Not saying it's impossible, but, in the middle of a siege, is complicated. And I assume since OP said 'no hope for reinforcements' allies aren't on the table. But you are not wrong that sending small parties over the wall might be the right thing to do. What I would have them do, however was to harass the enemies supply lines, rain fire arrows at their tents at night them run deep in the woods, anything to ensure the besiegers are constantly on guard, and suffering as much attrition as I am on the fortress. Another good thing to do would be to find a way to spread desease among them. A siege camp is a good way for desease to spread. Night raids to release their livestock, soil their water, burn the ropes for the siege equipament and overall keep them on edge might also work.
>>
Feed the inhabitants of the city to your soldiers.
>>
Start flinging diseased corpses over the walls.

I may die but so will half your continent when you go home.
>>
>>45493937

And if they refuse to storm?
>>
>>45494218
Start taunting, if that fails close the gates, send a few men to harass them at night, and do it again next day
>>
>>45494240

They start taunting you back! The bastards.
>>
>>45494044
Ah but see, that division works to their advantage.
>"Oy, who're you?"
>"Oh I'm Ted Dicksmoker. I'm from the next village over."
>"Fair enough. I don't know you from Adam anyway."
>Repeat trick with the next lot

But yeah, their timeframe before someone goes, "Now wait a second..." is limited, so afterwards, they'd join up with the harassers and do all the good stuff you suggested.

I'll also probably steal a trick from another of these guys. I'll send my most loyal man into the enemy camp to 'betray' me and offer to open the gates, only once the enemy has got desperate to end this siege though. The gates will be opened, then once a third of his force has made it into the first bailey, they'll slam shut and the hidden troops will spring from ambush. With 1/3 of his force slaughtered or taken prisoner and the skirmishers STILL playing merry hell with his camp, my enemy will have to retreat or offer terms.

If he does the former, he'll be eating arrows and facing destroyed bridges all the way back home from the skirmishers and any light cavalry I have. Ultimately, I might even try to force a mutiny among his people. Good wages, reliable food and a pardon for their actions in war are on offer for any traitors.

If it's the latter... Hmm... His daughter's of marriageable age now, isn't she? And she's not bad on the eyes either. Yes, I'll have her as a 'hostage' please. And then he'd better cough up some cash to make up for the damage he caused.
After that, well it'll be a terrible shame when his son is attacked by bandits while on a hunt. Such a shame in fact, that it'll lead to his failing health (poisoning? No idea what you're talking about. His grace is simply distraught over his son's fate). So he's heirless apart from his young daughter and I AM looking for a wife... It only makes sense to secure his holdings against his unscrupulous vassals!

This is what the fucker gets for trying to grab my land. Such a shame he won't live to become a grandpa.
>>
File: alamo-protest-010.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
alamo-protest-010.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
Go down in history.
>>
Grow grain in the city and construct mills on the river.

Ain't no defense like a Belisarius defense 'cause a Belisarius defense don't quit.
>>
>>45493302

Four to one?

The fools. Sieges are a bloody business, and more so for the attacker. We hold the walls and should we triumph, the enemy will be so thoroughly bloodied that they have no hope of another assault.

Try 10 to 1 and I'd be worried.
>>
>>45494408

>Alamo
OP asked about securing victory.
>>
>>45494438
The attackers dam the river upstream of the city.

Or, they dam it downstream of the city and flood you. Did anyone ever try that historically?
>>
File: 1446777785015.png (64 KB, 805x673) Image search: [Google]
1446777785015.png
64 KB, 805x673
>>45494438
>>
>>45494476
It's really, REALLY hard to build a half-decent dam, you know. It'd take the best part of a year or more, with the labour from unskilled levies and not a civil engineer in sight.
>>
File: The_Old_One.jpg (54 KB, 1000x570) Image search: [Google]
The_Old_One.jpg
54 KB, 1000x570
Pray.
>>
>>45494491

>Siege
>No civil engineer in sight

Probably setting camp upstream from the city (and destroying aqueducts) would work just fine.
>>
>>45493302
I will seek to provoke the enemy into a reckless assault by insulting their leader. Fighting from a position of significant advantage should let us even the balance of power. We can then sally out to break the siege.
>>
>>45494491

Combat Engineers are a thing, and were a thing since ancient times.
>>
>>45493302
>four to one

favourable odds in a siege. send out riders at opportune moments, make use of your walls and hope the food lasts long enough.
>>
>>45494559
Still a lot of work. Damming enough of a river to lay foundations for a bridge is a year's work for hundreds of men that have nothing else to worry about. Damming a whole river is going to be several dozen times more expensive than bribing every single man, woman and child in your city to stab you in the back.

And then all that work becomes worthless of worse when the city is actually taken.
>>
>>45493937
>no sorties

bad siege form
>>
>>45494386
charge!
>>
>>45493651
DELETE THIS
>>
>>45494681

That's why I advocate shitting up their water supply instead.
>>
>>45493302
I first order whatever war machines I have to target any enemy siege engines as they are being built.

Then, I organise some of my fastest runners into 3 groupings. The first group are to be given provisions for a long journey and sent to ask aid of my nearest allies, with promises of great quantities of loot and eternal gratitude. The second group are to locate the enemies food supplies and any other local depots of food. The third group are to foul whatever water source the enemy is using.

Then, I gather the sick of my own fortress and send them out to seek alms. If my enemies are Christian men or even muslims, their religion will compel them to assist the poor devils, spreading disease in their camps.

Lastly, I start to launch night bombardments of the enemy location and even sally forth with a force. The enemy will not have restful sleep if I can help it.

Once all of these have been conducted, I will know the locations of the enemies food supplies, I will have hopefully greatly weakened their resolve to fight and have allies inbound. I sally forth with a great force to secure the enemies food reserves with haste and bring whatever I can back inside the castle and burning the rest.

Then I send a messenger to treat with the enemy leader for a truce. With his men diseased and sleep deprived, as well as lacking in food and siege engines, and allies on the way to my aid, Im sure he will see the sense in surrender. If he does not, I can sit it out until my allies arrive and/or disease and my own forces drive the enemy off.
>>
>>45493302
I think it depends on what equipment I have available, number of men, and who the enemy leader is. But for the most part I would just reinforce key areas we are weakened at, make sure we have all supplies be rationed properly to provide for as longest amount of time possible, make sure we have fallback points, and know where our weakest part of the wall are. I would just try to holdout long enough that the enemy leader becomes frustrated or tired and is willing to offer terms. Then handover the city in exchange for safe passage for the people of the city.
>>
>>45494914
>Exploiting the enemy's religious compassion to spread sickness
>Expecting an honourable truce after this
Yeah, nah. You're a dishonourable cur, and will likely be treated as such.

Also
>enemy camping within range of your war machines
No.
>fast runners being able to get through the siege lines, or infiltrate siege lines and make it back
This ain't game of thrones, son, your 20 good men aren't achieving shit.
>sallying forth against a force four times your size, into the teeth of THEIR war machines and defences
Shiggy diggy.
>>
>>45494400
You do realize that 1/3 of his forces dwarf yours, right? Are you stupid or just suicidal? And even if you somehow manage to kill them all, you've lost quite a few men and you're still outnumbered.
>>
>>45493302
I wait them out while sending outriders to harass his forging and supply lines. He's got more mouths to feed then I and any good castle should have enough food for a year. Don't think they will survive the winter
>>
>>45495052
Chokepoints neutralizes numbers advantage.
A gate is an artificial chokepoint.
>>
>>45493594

This. One man on a wall I'd worth ten on the ground. Hold out as long as I can, find ways to smuggle foodstuffs in and pray reinforcements show
>>
>>45495133
Chokepoints only work if you can hold them. Seeing as how in this hypothetical situation he has three guys for every one holding the point, they're gonna get overwhelmed eventually.
But all right, let's say this plan works, you defeat his van with minimal casualties for some odd reason. He still outnumbers you, he's got you surrounded, and all you've got up your sleeve is 5 archers in the woods. Why on God's green Earth would he go home or make terms?
>>
>>45495031
>Expecting an honourable truce after this
I ain't asking for honourable. Im giving the lad a chance to surrender before his haggard forces are fucked from behind by my allies.

>enemy camping within range of your war machines
How far can they really be away from my walls before they give me too much space to operate for my other goals?

>aren't achieving shit.
Bruh, 4 to 1 is, by medieval standards, barely enough for a siege. You would want 6 to 1 or greater before you can actually establish an impenetrable line, or you'd want to have your line well established. Now, if the line is well established then apparently Im only taking command half way through this fucking siege and Im fucked anyway.

>sallying forth against a force four times your size, into the teeth of THEIR war machines and defences
Once again, if Ive left it long enough that theyve built their war machines and defences, Ive already fucked up. The strategy I posted is assuming I can start action the day the siege begins. Otherwise, Im apparently trying to make up for someone elses fuckups and I need to know what they did to be able to handle shit.
>>
>>45495184
>fucked from behind by my allies
OP specifically said that you have no reinforcements or allies.
>>
>>45495183
You fucked up a third of his army.
And the remaining are either getting demoralized or shittingtheir pants.
>>
>>45495243
Why? Your skirmishers ain't gonna accomplish shit, and you just killed a bunch of their buddies. If anything, they're gonna attack with renewed vigor, seeing as how you slighted their honor. The more and more we talk about it, the more I realize how stupid this "let his army in" plan is.
>>
>>45495184
You're delightfully optimistic. There's no way his forces will be in a worse condition than yours. The best anyone can hope for in this situation is a "I can't be arsed with this any more" truce rather than some sort of capitulation. Disease will be a bigger problem for you than him. Food will be a bigger problem for you than him. One that note, you will not be able to steal all his food in one incredible sally - even if it's all in one place (it won't be) you have to load up and then drive supply wagons/pack horses back into your city while under attack from a much larger force, and supply wagons/pack horses aren't built for speed.
>>
>>45495233
My enemy doesn't know that though, does he? All he knows is I sent out runners to somebody and now Im telling him to surrender before my allies show up and encircle him.

Dont get me wrong, its a gamble but with dwindling food supplies, a diseased army that hasn't had a good days sleep for a week and that small of a numerical advantage, I can see him taking the option assuming the terms are acceptable.

I mean, like its been said before in this thread, 4 to 1 aint shit. A man on the defences is worth about 10 compared to a dude attacking on the ground. His knights, if he has any, are neutered. His war machines are a while off being ready and will have to contend with my own. He doesn't really have the numbers for a quick assault or the food to settle in for a more protracted siege. And I can keep sallying forth to target his food supplies and such so long as I have food.

Remember, castles defended by a handful of dudes and an old lady have held off sieges. 4 to 1 ain't that good and Im sure my enemy would know it.
>>
>>45493302
Mass suicide, they can't kill us if we kill us first!
>>
File: No pls.gif (826 KB, 480x247) Image search: [Google]
No pls.gif
826 KB, 480x247
>>45495327
There's so many problems and so much that can go wrong with this plan it ain't even funny.
>>
>>45495184

With numerical superiority the attacker can defend his camp while building earthworks around the castle. It's easy to send troops outside until the investment is done, but it's unlikely they'd be able to return with significant amounts of food. After that you'd lose communication with the guys outside, and besieger would have forces to spare to hunt them down.

Your best bet is trying to outlast your besieger (hope he'll run out of food or money, some problems in his fiefs, succession cirsis). Trickery is unlikely to defeat a competent besieger, but you should mess with him anyway. Just don't wager too much on your strategems.
>>
>>45495184
>I ain't asking for honourable. Im giving the lad a chance to surrender before his haggard forces are fucked from behind by my allies.
yeah, you have allies, they don't. That's the premise we just assume so you're right.

>How far can they really be away from my walls before they give me too much space to operate for my other goals?

well they give you that space. That's why sortiers work, and what you advocate doesn't.

>Bruh, 4 to 1 is, by medieval standards, barely enough for a siege. You would want 6 to 1 or greater before you can actually establish an impenetrable line, or you'd want to have your line well established. Now, if the line is well established then apparently Im only taking command half way through this fucking siege and Im fucked anyway.

4:1 is good odds, that's right but I don't get what you mean.

>Once again, if Ive left it long enough that theyve built their war machines and defences, Ive already fucked up. The strategy I posted is assuming I can start action the day the siege begins. Otherwise, Im apparently trying to make up for someone elses fuckups and I need to know what they did to be able to handle shit.

Well the way you go about it they will build their war machines and defences anyways.
>>
>>45493302
>Equip the old, young, women and sick with shit weapons/armor.
>Put them lined up at the plaza infront of your castle
>Hide regular troops in the right alley on roofs and some with the expandebles etc.etc.
>Gather all live horses, bulls, cows, dogs, cats, rats, goats, chickens, that-elephant-you-got-as a-gift-one-time in the left back-alley with a few soldiers with torches.
>Open up gate, signaling surrender
>Enemy lord and army proceeds into the city up to the plaza
>At arrival, lord demands all soldiers to put down their weapons
>comply
>Enemy army continues forward to your castle
>"Allahu Akbar"
>Soldiers pouring in from the right
>Animals pouring in from the left
>Archers on the roofs
>Soldiers from the front
>Sneak out the backdoor, requesting aid from your Brother-in-laws, cousins, father, sisters, kids, bastards, twin, jester, former horse-boy whom all got kingdoms of their own to reconquer your land.
>Or kill one of your brothers to gain his land.
>>
>>45493302
Find any spies they send to the castle, but don't oust them right away. Instead, feed them false info stating that there's a huge wave of reinforcements coming my way, and make sure the castle garrison acts nonchalant enough for this to be believable.
>>
File: 1438914123257.jpg (123 KB, 572x303) Image search: [Google]
1438914123257.jpg
123 KB, 572x303
>>45495334
Brilliant. Promote this Anon to Minister of War.
>>
>>45495411

>"We surrender! Just come inside."
>"Nope, you come out."
>>
>>45495317
I know I can't take all his food but I can steal a weeks worth maybe and burn a lot of the rest.

As to food... he has the larger force and is camped in enemy territory. He is reliant on forage and looting of local food stores. If Im in any way competent I should have food enough for a few months of a siege at the very least, meanwhile Im after burning and looting a lot of what he has managed to gather or store.

As to disease, I know its an issue for besieged forces. That would be why Im taking about sending the sick to infect his forces. It worked for Vlad Tepes after all, if Im remembering correctly.

His force doesn't need to be in that much worse a position than mine. He doesn't have a significant enough numerical advantage for a protracted siege.

>>45495358
Oh yeah, it is a gamble. But its not like Im reliant on this working. Unless I personally lead my entire army in a fruitless assault, chances are I can outlast the dude. That is the standard response to sieges, after all. I was simply trying to devise a way to see off the enemy quickly.

Unless you have a better plan for that?

>>45495384
Yeah, the idea is to ultimate force the besieger to conclude that continuing the siege isn't worth his time and effort, especially if I offer him favourable enough terms.

I don't need honour, I need to survive until he decides Im better off sworn to his service or otherwise a neutralised threat.
>>
>>45495327
A man on the defences is worth about 10 compared to a dude attacking on the ground only when the castle is being stormed.
>>
>>45495430
>chances are I can outlast the dude
That's not how this works. He has you outnumbered, disease is less of a problem for him, and you have a set, finite food source, he does not.
>>
>>45495459

It might work, it's the default strategy of a castle defender. Supplying armies always has been a bitch. It just depends on how deep are besiegers pockets, and luck.
>>
>>45495442
Yes, that is what Im relying on. Unless the dude can muster the supplies to flatten my fucking castle, he will at some point have to try and storm it. If he has that great a quantity of supplies, Im fucked pretty much no matter what.

My intention is to get him to bugger off before he spends that length of time on the siege though. If his forces are tired and sick and facing harassment from my forces and I give him good enough surrender terms, he'll probably decide thats better than a protracted siege.

>>45495459
He has me outnumbered by too little of a margin to attempt to storm my fortifications. Furthermore, Im making disease a problem for him. Thats sorta what fouling his water supplies and sending my sick to infect his forces is about.

And as for food, if Im running a halfway competent castle I should have resources enough for a few months of siege, assuming we ration shit well. He has a limited food supply too, realistically. The land will not provide infinitely, especially with no one tending the fields. He can try and stick around for the crops to be ripe but then hed need to dedicate troops to harvesting the shit. And a lot of time. His supply position isn't any better than mine and, with his water supply fucked with he has to choose between an army with dysentery or accepting the terms I offer him and cutting his losses.
>>
>>45495531

The fields will be tended unless you keep all your peasants in your castle with you. They don't give a flying fuck about their lord, they just want to get a harvest before the winter.
>>
I'd just head out onto the outer wall every morning and noon, walking around where I'll surely be seen, and moon him until he decides I'm far too childish to bother dealing with. Maybe I'll get some peasants to paint signs on the walls, call him names or make Yo Momma jokes. I figure he'll eventually either get tired of seeing it or get really angry and try storming the castle. It'll also be good for my men's morale seeing their leader treat the situation like the joke it is.
>>
>>45493302

Right then, off the bat, night time raids. My finest knights/men at arms will launch attacks on a seemingly random basis against the enemy camps.

This will force the enemy to keep a constant state of alert, requiring their men to keep armed (and most importantly armoured) for many hours, while the main body of my men will be well rested.

These attacks will also serve to provide information; what troops are where, where their supplies are kept, and so on. Ideally, a prisoner or two will be taken and interrogated to obtain further details about the morale and disposition of the enemy. We will, however, release any prisoners taken after giving them a good meal and their route of departure from the castle will be carefully arranged to suggest our stores are plentiful, enough to last a very long time.

Armed with the information gained from our raids and prisoners, I would aim at any divisions within the besieging army. Letters would be sent to any particular leaders within the enemy host with whom I have had good relations with in the past, to 'encourage' them to hold back, or otherwise not actively participate. Possibly throw in a gift, or even suggestion of a marriage between our houses, if it will help tip them into my favour.

Now, all being well, the enemy troops will be demoralised, due to the constant night time activity requiring them to be at arms, and due to the reports of how well provisioned my position is. They will likely be suffering from shortages of food, as I would not be so daft as to leave forageable crops in the fields for my enemies to harvest, and any huntable animals would have been killed off quickly by the besieging force. Even if none of the enemy lords are inclined to aid me, the very fact I am sending such letters will spread rumour and distrust amongst the enemy command, as feudal lords gonna feud. With a four-to-one numbers advantage, any assault would be easily repulsed at great cost to the enemy.
>>
>>45495573

Feudal lords would scorch the fields ahead of an approaching enemy, while simultaneously looting their own villages to get any usable supplies.

The enemy host would then also loot the villages to get anything left.

War sucks for peasantry near castles.
>>
>>45495573
Even then, hed still have to last until the harvest. Unless he times his attack to coincide with the harvest, thats gonna be a while off generally.

And, considering we're assuming a medieval time frame and thus subsistence farming, there isn't going to be enough food for the peasants and the attacking army. Now, I dont know what the result of that would be for certain but I doubt it would be good for the attacker.

And he still needs to worry about his water supply. The more time I have, the more of his water supply I can fuck with and army with dysentery is not a pretty sight.
>>
>>45495631
>>45495632
Thats a good point too, actually. Scorched earth aint just for the Russians.

The peasantry might hate me for it next year but chances are they already hated me anyway and I can petition other nearby lords for alms if needs be.
>>
>>45495631

>Being worse senior to your vassals than the invader

And if he can bring food from his own land it won't work at all.
>>
>>45493302
Pray.
>>
>>45495631
>YFW all your levies go to the other side because of this
>>
>>45493302
Build a large wooden horse and leave it in the courtyard. When the walls fall, the enemy will bring the horse back to their camp. Then I can climb out of it at night and sneak away.
>>
>>45495741

You do realise how much of a ballache it was to move any amount of goods across country during the medieval period?

Roads if they existed were poor, and rarely suited to moving heavy cargoes long distances. Any cargo would have to be pulled by oxen, which themselves would need feeding and care. Unless my castle is literally on the border of the invading realm, or situated on a navigatable river which I do not control, supplying their army from their own lands is not feasible for the medieval army.

>>45495838

If I didn't take everything that wasn't nailed down, the enemy would. Looting was often how the common soldier in the medieval army would get paid, so there is at least the off-chance that if I take it I will give it back (or, better yet, take my men on a retaliatory raiding spree into enemy land to get some loot of our own).
>>
File: 1384132200518.jpg (63 KB, 377x437) Image search: [Google]
1384132200518.jpg
63 KB, 377x437
>>45493302
What is the disposition of my men and the civilians in the city? Are my fighting men mercenaries, knights loyal to me, peasant levy, yeomen? How many non-combatants are there? Like peasants who fled before the invaders to the castle, castle staff, etc.
Are my officers good at holding my men together?
What about the enemy? Are they in the mood to wait or are more aggressive?
Are they men I know, can I reason with them or are they foreign hordes that I've never heard of before?
What do they want?
Do they have supply lines or are they taking from the land around the castle?
What manner of siege craft did they bring or are building?
What is the terrain of the land around he castle and just how big is the castle?
If I'm some sort of feudal lord how much land and how many peasants do I govern?
What supplies do I have, be it food, munitions, or just general goods?
Did I have time to prepare or was it a complete surprise?
What season is it?
How do the local lords feel about me? Will they aid help break the siege?
How close are my allies outside the castle? Word would no doubt spread quickly about my dilemma.

Honestly unless the enemy was hyper-aggressive and are planning to storm within a week I'd just wait until the surrounding lords gather an army to help me repel the enemy which would probably arrive with a couple weeks which is survivable.
>>
You guys really have to stop playing mount and blade. All these strategies will fail, the defenders will die from disease after any casualties when the attackers start launching corpses over the walls and putting corpses upstream from the water supply.
>>
>>45496007
But Bond, what if it's the surrounding lords who are besieging you?
>>
>>45496023
So every attacking force ever won every siege then?

Wow. Makes ya wonder why anyone built castles
>>
>>45496156
Rape donjon.
>>
>>45496148
Well, even if I win the siege I am done for anyways as they have the resources to continue to ruin me unless I somehow miraculously captured the surrounding lords or their sons which would put me in a position to bargain. Also what the fuck did I do to piss everyone off? How does the king or whatever higher power feel about this squabble?
>>
>>45496183
Seems like a manor Would be more efficient then, no?
>>
>>45494782
>That's why I advocate shitting in their water supply instead

FTFY
>>
>>45493302
4-1 plus castle?

I'll defend as long as it takes, a victory is doable simply by resisting.

Although to be sure, I'll shave all the hair I can, from people and animals, make ropes of it, salvage the wood from whatever I can. A small catapult or hand trebuchet might be handy when there's a breach.
>>
File: Bolton.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Bolton.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
I got this.
>>
>>45496790

Lazy writers were lazy
>>
>>45493302
Challenge five enemies leaders to duel for the castle. Nice and openly, so if they don't think they can take me 4v1, everyone will know.
If they don't accept, then challenge 8 v 1.

If they accept, I dismember them, because I am a blender in human form. (With a dash of oil-well thrown in).

Terms can be whatever. The escape of my troops, the lifting of the siege, yield of their commander, whatever. If I die, I won't live to care, if I win, their leaders are down and their troops are probably a bit intimidated, even if they don't follow through on their end of the bargain.

If the above gains no ground, prayer, sending a flyer out, or making a bargain with a certain faerie lady the other PC might be sufficient.
>>
>>45497129
The entire season was a clusterfuck of lazy writing and outright character assassination in favor of more status quo "THE BADGUYS ARE WINNING!" edginess.

GoT was always just one creepy old man's snuff fetish fantasy, but the tv series has seen it further decay into edgy Boltons with plot armor and ZE SAND SNAKES HSSSSSSS and their retarded assassination plot for cheap shock value.

I was on the fence before, but I'm not getting back on the ride for the upcoming season.
>>
>>45493302
As long as I have food I will try to raid his forces and hope for good oportunities to break the siege. If I don't manage that and no help shows up I will start to negotiate about a hopefully honorable surrender. It would also help to know why I am under siedge.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.