[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 17
File: 1453960156975.jpg (70 KB, 680x497) Image search: [Google]
1453960156975.jpg
70 KB, 680x497
Connecting to JackPoint VPN...
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>Enter Passcode: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to < ERROR: NODE UNKNOWN >

>Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
>Issue tracker: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues

>Last viewed Files:
>Meeting presentation.trid
>Performance_rating.3doc
>secret_shadowrunners.btl

Wageslave edition
>>
So, if your current character ever had the opportunity to retire, would they take it? Where would they go? What would they spend the rest of their life doing?
>>
Yo, quick question: do Initiative enhanhancements carry over to the Matrix? AS in, reaction boostets giving the boni to REA and the additional dice? Or is it only in AR?

>>45383896
Settle down in a nice place on a farm somewhere pretty
>>
>>45384107
>boostets

fuck typing on a tablet, ffs.

Meant to say: do reaction enhancements carry on over, particularly while in cold/hotSIM, or only on AR, if at all?
>>
>>45383896
My last character's life goal was to work for SK again.
My current character wants to change the world before he retires.
>>
>>45383896

Fuck yeah. She's out as soon as she can get a permanent Middle Lifestyle.

I doubt she'd leave Seattle, but she'd try to have as normal a life as she can, given her situation.
>>
How do you Naga in SR4A?
>>
Link to old thread please
>>
>>45384568

Spoon-Feeding away!

The Old Thread is right over here:
>>45360630

Next time, go to the catalog, click Archive, and do it yourself!
>>
What's the best edition to learn and play/run if I haven't touched shadow run before ?
>>
File: shadowrun scoobydoo.jpg (577 KB, 1804x1436) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun scoobydoo.jpg
577 KB, 1804x1436
>>45384619
Thanks, didn't knew about this archive thing.
I only visit 4chan for the SRG and some threads on /co/ nowadays. Was a regular in 2006, we didn't have on-site archives or a catalog back then.
>>
>>45378111
>Speaking of which, are the nightly builds supposed to be stable? Or are we supposed to wait for the next major release? And when might that be?
Mm, they're stable in the sense that they compile. As is, the nightlies have fixed a lot more things than the release build.
>>45382963
>What's the additional karma cost on the metatype variants? Do I have to pay 5 karma in order to roll as a hobgoblin?
Yup. Priority C gives you karma though, so that's nice.
>>
>>45384685
5E, stick to core, start with food fight.
>>
>>45383896
Current character: yes. He'd become a very bad private detective who works for quarters because if he doesn't need the money he'd go for the reference to a shitty book series he read more than 70 years ago.
Other characters:
Yes, would try to become a broadway star. Would probably fail.
No, would continue to use crime money to fund international terrorism
Yes, would become movie star
yes, would buy big house and then probably end up having to unretire like he was a lotto winner or something
>>
File: 38ZNZGB.jpg (76 KB, 502x616) Image search: [Google]
38ZNZGB.jpg
76 KB, 502x616
Okay /srg/, I've been the group's decker or shaman healer for a while now, and I want to build a rigger as my new character, you know, trying something new. My group hasn't been within twenty miles of someone who has played a rigger, so I'm wondering what's some good ways to build one.

As I understand it, I can go drones, cars, or a mixture, and I'm leaning towards drones. Any particular advice from the local gearheads? Any notable builds or general fun things to do/be as a rigger?
>>
>>45384715
Food fight ?
>>
>>45384808
It's a module meant to give both players and DM a clue as to what to expect of Shadowrun.
>>
>>45384688

Null sweat, chummer. It used to be 7chan that had all the whizbang fancy features, but things have actually caught up here.

>>45384808

There's some free quick start rules that have a simple intro adventure.

Fast Food Fight is included in the 5e Quickstart rules, which are freely available.

There's also a 5e version of Food Fight, which is the older introductory adventure. It's one of the modules included in the Alphaware Toolkit.

They're both very straightforward and tend to be a lot of fun.
>>
>>45384890
>>45384836
Thank you
>>
>>45383896
She can walk away any time she wants. Shadowrunning is just another step for her.
>>
File: Victrix.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Victrix.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45384795
I'm having a blast building an drone riggersam. With good enough meatstats, you can basically ignore needing a control rig and do everything either manually or with AR.
>>
>...hands of blue...
>>
>reading through the 5e mission book set in London/England
>in one of the encounters the team is ambushed by a six-strong SAS team
>the party is supposed to survive this

It feels incredibly out of place compared to every other situation I've seen in Shadowrun so far.
>>
>>45383896
>So, if your current character ever had the opportunity to retire, would they take it?
Probably, but he's an elf so his "retirement age" is a long ways off.
>Where would they go?
He'd stay in his home city, really.
>What would they spend the rest of their life doing?
Likely doing less dangerous work; freelance encryption/decryption, coding for clients, information brokering, perhaps being a Fixer.
Basically what he does now but less of the physical stuff.
>>
>>45384107
>>45384158
bamp

Did I get this right, or DO enhancements carry over to the Matrix? My players are asking, I can't seem to find it in the CRB
>>
>>45385251
The party was also supposed to survive getting into the Tomb of Horrors. Besides, aren't convention premades supposed to be horribly difficult one-shots anyway?
>>
>>45385251
SAS falls, everyone dies.
I don't know about y'alls groups but I have to pull the fangs out of some of my more coordinated and professional bads.
BBEGs might as well be a wet paper bag
>>
>>45385173
Where is soundlink from?
>>
File: Queeblo.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Queeblo.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Made Queeblo as an edgeomancer PhysAd.

Yeah, you know you fuckin' feeling me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ANZ8Osnz4
>>
>>45385679
Core.
>>
>>45385318
I isn't very clear in the book, but the way it is supposed to work is you use your meatspace initiative in AR (because AR is still meatspace) while your matrix hotsim/coldsim (and astral for that matter) initiative is entirely separate.
>>
>>45385318
VR uses Data Processing and Intuition as your Initiative. Initiative Dice improvements do NOT carry over, unless they specify that they affect Matrix Initiative as well.
>>
>>45383896
If I could ever play a game instead of running them, my character's idea of retirement would be to set up a worldwide system of taxation.
>>
>>45383896
Meh, I'm not sure what my character would do with effectively unlimited moneys. He isn't either. He was a soldier his entire life until he wasn't, now he's one of the biggest pipe swinging bad asses in Seattle cause what else is he going to do with the skills the Ranger's taught him?
>>
>>45385749
I feel like this is the heart and soul of what street-level shadowrun should strive to be.
>>
File: redcap file.jpg (939 KB, 2000x2588) Image search: [Google]
redcap file.jpg
939 KB, 2000x2588
That feeling when your Shadowrun GM is fucking awesome and preps shit like this for your online game every week.
>>
File: pouty girl.png (42 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
pouty girl.png
42 KB, 128x128
>>45389097

Our Run next week will be protecting a Johnsons 19 year old Son from this jackass. The twist being we cant out ourselves as runners, or Criminals to him (Im a Mafia Don's Daughter, and the kid we protecting is another Don's Gene crafter Son.) So hijinx should be aplenty.

The Kid is the other Don's "Legit" son, the one being groomed to take over the family's legal and whitebread interests.

As far as he knows, Im a distant family member to him, and his personal bodyguard while we travel around a city for a week, seeing art shows, museums and fancy pizza places.
>>
Anyone available to GM a Fast Food Fight?
>>
Is creating a heavy milspecced-Naga with the Shiva Arms quality and basically running with it as a Viper from Xcom 2 that bad?
>>
>>45389269
Yes.
>>
File: Viper.png (820 KB, 809x638) Image search: [Google]
Viper.png
820 KB, 809x638
>>45389279
But do you SEE this
>>
>>45389269
It's playable.

Playable as in "you could technically do a legal character with this in chargen" but not much else.
>>
>>45389269
Unless your GM is willing to hand-wave things so that you're not screwed due to being one of the few beings on the planet who look like that, among other things (whether you actually have karma afterwards for being able to do things, whether you enjoy the idea & have a decent beyond 'milspec naga') is slightly more important. So talk to your gm.
>>
So the team is at chargen and everyone seems to be creating combat heavy characters. I was going to be the heavy (not much firepower but able to take a shitload of damage as an infected with regen) but I think I should make it so at least one can handle shit with something besides bullets and manaballs.

Is a face character with low body and decent stealth (high sneaking, sleeping tiger) good for this team? Will I get rekt when combat comes?
Any advice? Or should I just go with the brute char?
>>
>>45390080
When you say 'low body' do you mean a body of three? Because that's about as low as you can afford to go unless you're a techno.
I think your group would probably benefit from SOMEONE stealth and social focused, although, of course, basically everyone in the team should have basic proficiencies in those areas.
As to combat, invest a few points into automatics and make liberal use of bursts and you should be able to contribute something productive.
>>
>>45383896
Absolutely not, He loves running the shadows.
Shitty booze, good money, weird people. what's not to love
Better to burn out that fade away
>>
>>45390131
More like 2 body and sleeping tiger. Got 3 reaction and 3 intuition. My stats are:

B 2
A 6
R 3
S 2
W 6
L 2
I 3
C 11
E 1

Dryad (with the 3 thingies that boost max stat)
>>
>>45390277
To be perfectly honest I think you could probably afford to exchange one point of Charisma for Body. 10 Charisma is still really high and 3 body will help your group save on trauma patches.
>>
>>45390298
Wait! I think I cant have more than one stat at maximum for my race at chargen, So I could put one point of willpower into body.
>>
>>45390375
Oh, yeah, didn't even see that. 5 Willpower still gets you as many stun boxes as 6 so you aren't losing on much at all that way. Good find.
>>
File: SlowRide-Nod.gif (1 MB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
SlowRide-Nod.gif
1 MB, 500x400
>>45383896
He did, for a little while. Ran a scrap business for a while, started taking shadow jobs again when that couldn't pay the bills. Got a team together and used the business as a front. Before the group fell apart, we were planning on a Swat Kats-style hidden underground garage that we could disappear into.
He was big into helping other orks up, so he'd probably stick around to keep the younger ones straight. Work on cars, spend the nights with a bag of novacoke at his favorite spot in the club. Probably die of a heart attack.
>>
>>45388934

Yeah, you know you fuckin' feeling me.

Something just feels right about being the guy who spends his last 5 nuyen on a nuk-it buger and bottle of cheap synthahol.
>>
Is there a book that talks about the different organized crime groups? I have a sudden need to learn about the Vory.
>>
File: dryadshadowrun.png (6 MB, 2892x1596) Image search: [Google]
dryadshadowrun.png
6 MB, 2892x1596
>>45390391
This is what I have so far.

My weapon is a remington supressor.

Stupid thing wont let me upload the pdf.
>>
File: xirvoren.png (2 MB, 2646x1364) Image search: [Google]
xirvoren.png
2 MB, 2646x1364
>>45390972
>>45390391
And this was my brute.
>>
>>45390956

I know there's a little info in Seattle 2072.

There's also 10 Gangs, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't include Vory...
>>
>>45391007

You can't have better than alphaware at chargen, chummer.

Same with that full body armor, you can't take things with Availability higher than 12 at chargen (unless you're using nonstandard chargen rules).
>>
>>45391074
We are using availability 15 cuz we gonna fuck up some corps.

Did not know about the alphaware tho. That ruins everything since regen makes me spit out anything that is not deltaware. What could I change that shit for?
>>
>>45390956
Try Vice from 4E, pretty sure it has a lot on that stuff.
>>
One of my players had his kid taken because he didn't use a fake sin, and was a sinner.
We just raided a lonestar station to save said kid from pedo cops.
>>
>>45389239
I can.
Skype's brian.overton2
>>
File: steelspine_by_reykat-d5z2svy.jpg (114 KB, 900x1406) Image search: [Google]
steelspine_by_reykat-d5z2svy.jpg
114 KB, 900x1406
Hrm. Was there a list for what weapon categories can be mounted in which weapon mounts somewhere?
>>
>>45391526

drone mounts are page 124 of rigger 5

vehicle mounts are page 163
>>
>>45390972
1 edge is really risky. Especially for the party face who's doing all the talking alone and someone who has 1d6+6 initiative. See if you cannot jack it up to two at least.

Either go for a bigger gun like the Warhawk (hell, if the Sheriff existed in 5e, I'd say to take that because even 20F ammo should be easy to find for you.) and make your shots count if you ever have to clear leather and actually shoot rather than cower in cover somewhere. Or take a single rank in automatics and a MP that can actually do FA ands use suppressing fire to help your team of Murdermen. As it stands now, you have no reason at all to use a MP.

Get the synergist longcoat to put over your sleeping tiger and jack your armor up to 16 when talking is over. Your sneak is high enough as it stands that you don't really need to inflict -2dice on perception rolls; or at least less than enough armor to be knocked out rather than OS'ed in a firefight.

Beyond that, nah. You're a squishy Face, but one hell of a Face. I hope you enjoy being the group's quartermaster though.
>>
>>45391602
But it wont be too loud? Maybe it wont matter. Will go for the warhawk.

Should I get too pretty to hit for 3 karma? Got like 21 remaining. It lets me use my CHA instead of my willpower in a full defense.

What else could I check out? I was thinking into making it a little more of a deadly stealth face.
>>
>>45383896
She knows that if she retired, her problems would just find her wherever she settled down. She's too paranoid and fucked in the head to feel comfortable anywhere but the shadows.
>>
Does replacing a leg with a wooden peg reduce essence? Does replacing said cut-off leg with bioware restore/further reduce essence?

...is that old-ass fluff about augmentations only reducing essence because people believe they do still canon?
>>
>>45391708
Peg legs do not reduce essence. Replacing a limb with a new biological one DOES but not as much as a full cybernetic limb.
Not sure, but don't think so.
>>
>>45389688
>Unless your GM is willing to hand-wave things so that you're not screwed due to being one of the few beings on the planet who look like that
You say that like being physically identifiable is the last word in whether someone can survive running. (it's not)
>>
>>45391729
Thanks.
How complex must be a prosthesis to start reducing essence?
Is first replacing a limb with an obsolete, essence-destroying augmentation and then installing bioware instead of it return some of the essence, or does it stay at the minimum?
>>
>>45391786
Chrome Flesh seems to regard the cut-off point for a 'Primitive Prosthetic' (ie. one that does not reduce your Essence) as any kind that is unpowered.
Essence does not return. Once essence is lost it cannot be regained without very expensive and continual genetic treatments that are generally far out of the reach of PCs.
>>
>>45391786
Don't quote me on this, but doesn't it stay at the minimum it was, but basically give you an essence buffer for any future additions?
>>
>>45391813
>>45391812 Here
You are indeed correct. While essence cannot return naturally, removing old ware does give you a buffer. If you removed a .3 essence augmentation and added a .4 essence augmentation you would only lose .1 essence.
>>
>>45391786
Basically, you can lose a limb without losing essence.
You can then get a Primitive Prosthetic and not lose any essence. It's basically like a hook or claw hand for example, doesn't really function.
Once you replace it with an actual cyberlimb, you lose essence.

>>45391813
>>45391835
Yes, it's basically an essence "hole".
>>
>>45391664
>I was thinking into making it a little more of a deadly stealth face.

If you really want to be deadly, you'll have to rework your character and tone down the Face aspect. Combatants need high initiative, a way to avoid damage (either dodge, soak or a combinaison of the two), one maxxed-out combat skill and a couple of decent weapons.

Without fucking your character completely over, you could:
- Drop Commanding Voice and Authoritative Tone and replace them with Improved Initiative 2, to jack up your init to 3d6+8. Yes this hurts your Face abilities, but it guarantees you two actions every turn while giving you a decent shot at a third one on a high roll.
- Take "Too Pretty to Hit" and by default sacrifice one of your actions to go on full defense, giving you a base defense pool of 5 + 3 + 11 = 19 dice.
- Replace Genetic Optimisation with a Smartlink in your eyes. You'll never get those 12 CHA, but it's two more dice to fire guns.
- Drop Pistols, and reshuffle your skills a bit to take 6 ranks in Automatics. Along with the Smartlink this gives you a 14 base dice pool to shoot MP's, SMG's and AR's, which is not exceptional but pretty nice.
- (You can consider a specialization in either MP's, SMG's or AR's for 2 more die with your weapon of choice)
- (If you still have the money, you can get a Reflex Recorder for Automatics with the remaining 0.1 essence, giving you yet another die)
- Get a machinepistol with gel rounds for EDC/whenever you're in polite company, and an assault rifle loaded with APDS and other goodies for when you're on the job proper. Don't forget the smartgun system.
- Get a second point of Edge with Karma. Even with ginormous dicepool, terrible rolls happen.

If you do this you'll be hard to hit and always able to at least do one thing that is not "run for my life" each turn, while still being sneaky. But you'll take a hit on your Face capabilities.
>>
>>45391664
>Con't from here >>45391918

Before you do this, however, I would check with your GM and ask whether he plans a combat heavy campaign; and with your fellow players whether they want to go in loud or not by default.

What I explained in my first post will give you some decent combat capability, but you still will be (far) behind a dedicated Murdermachine who put all their chargen resources toward being good at killing.

Unless they tell you that your Face abilities will only be used obtaining more gear, I personally would stick with your character as it is (Just pay for 1 edge and Too Pretty to Hit) and accept you're bad in combat. Legwork is the lifeblood of a smooth run, and it is rarely a violent activity.
>>
>>45392004
Ok, so I ask the GM and if it is not that combat heavy, just do what you just said. If it is combat heavy...play the brute.
>>
>>45392017
>>45392004
Oh and forgot to add I could use a qi focus and/or some jazz too.

Also could I use my stealth to gain any advantage in combat? How about my face? Could I command/convince/seduce some opponents out of combat?

I realize ideally combat is the last answer, but this GM is relatively new to shadowrun and he comes from a WoD: vampire and DnD heavy background.
>>
>>45392035
Seducing people out of combat once it's started is not really possible without using Mind Control or such.

However, using Intimidation or Con or Negotiations to seduce people into not entering combat is one of your primary jobs as a face. Bullshitting that you and your teams are supposed to be somewhere they shouldn't or making people do things they normally wouldn't are all possible. And the more info you gather on the situation before the run, the easier it is to do and keep doing until someone does something really stupid. By then the alarm is raised and lead starts flying, but a good Face can delay that for a very long time.
>>
>>45392035
In any good stealth mission, social, physical or otherwise, the second combat starts, you've failed. Face abilities and stealth abilities don't contribute to combat (beyond suddely putting a round through someone's throat) because they're designed to let you avoid combat. Now control stealth, that's not actually good stealth, but it lets you do stuff like tell people to go jump in front of a car during a firefight and they're compelled to go do it. That's what Commanding Voice and Authoritative Tone would be for. Unfortunately, it's also a bad combat tactic unless you can also put a few rounds through someone whilst the person finds a car to jump in front of.
>>
Got a question about spirits in 4e. when a mage summons them and gives them something to do when the spirits turn comes around its controlled by the gm right? If so is there anywhere in the book saying pointing this out I may had missed it
>>
>>45392453
Doesn't say it in the book, but it's generally controlled by the GM like all summoned units and hired help
>>
I'm creating a run based around a magician concealing long-term injuries from habitual overcasting. What would those be like? Internal bleeding? What drugs or treatments might the magician use to compensate? Corticosteroids maybe?
>>
How weeaboo can my character be? Can I wear full Japanese armor and go MOSHI MOSHI KEN-SAMA DESU?
>>
>>45393600
You can do anything your GM will allow you to.
Personally, I'd allow such a character if you played it seriously - there's a lot of play to be gotten from the "tryhard poseur out of their depth" concept. If you were just trying to imitate the most recent animu series, I think most decent GMs would get you to do your concept over, but I'd approve a lot of weeby concepts as long as the weeaboo is in-universe and explored as a character weakness.
For example an animu fangirl with a half-finished community college degree and no hopes for getting the Japanacorp job she's always admired, who then decides to blow her saved-up allowance and everything she can bum off her parents on a ton of cyber/a Japanese-made deck/a VCR/whatever, in order to run the streets and work herself up that way. There's a lot of play in a concept like that as long as it doesn't get too silly - it's the classic idea of a blue-eyed and over-enthusiastic newbie having to come to terms with what they actually signed up for.
>>
>>45386645
>>45386610
thanks guys. I figured that as well (AR using meatspace initiative and all) but, like you said, the wording is odd.
>>
>>45391571
Aha, perfect! Cheers bud.
>>
File: MC.png (98 KB, 200x595) Image search: [Google]
MC.png
98 KB, 200x595
Can anyone help a newbie out? I wants to play a character whose main focus is Summoning Spirit but being able to do hacking/decking as a secondary role.

This will be my first character, so I'm totally clueless. Where should I even start with priority? Should I go with

A : Skills
B : Attributes
C : Magician (or Mystic Adept)
D : Human
E : Resource

Probably not going to be able to do hacking for the first few run with E resource unless GM let me steal one from enemy.
>>
>>45394508
You can't really double dip into Summoning and Hacking at chargen without being incredibly mediocre. You could be a Decker with some magical potential that you can build into, or a Summoner with an interest in the Matrix. Hacking in 5e is definitely resource intensive because you need quite a bit of dice to be effective.
>>
>>45394508
This... really isn't a good idea for a first character, let alone with Priority. Have you considered being a technomancer instead? You can summon sprites to do your hackery stuff for you. You can't get them to physically attack people, but they can brick cyberware, hack into passing vehicles and make them swerve into your targets, etc.
>>
>>45394508
>>45394804

I'd second this, with the caveat that technomancers are kind of complicated and the rules are buggy. It sounds like it'd be a good way to get the things you want for your concept, though.
>>
>>45394508
Decking means you need at least c resources for your deck (and dump 10 karma into money).

Hacker Summoner works better in karmagen.

It works well enough though. High logic and cerebral boosters with a logic tradition will give you good drain resistance and can make up for having mediocre skill ratings for your hacking stuff.
>>
>>45394804
>>45394851
I was looking into technomancer earlier, but I heard it's the worst archetype in sr5?
>>
Alright, I'm going to run a game of 4th ed for the... 3rd time in my life shortly. I don't now the fluff or system that well, how do I handle a rigger and a technomancer? The third PC is a gun-slinger adept, so that doesn't seem too hard to accommodate?

It's going to be set in Caracas, with the main downtown, clubs and gangs etc district being an Aztechnology Arcology which got abandoned half-way through construction.
The runners fixer got dumped with some magical research from Amazonia in his hands and wants to sell it to Aztechnology. Amazonia don't want that and send bent cops to stop the runners. Does that all sound about right for a starting run?
>>
>>45395325
"Worst" can mean a wide range of things that is wholly dependent on your group, and not on the opinions of /srg/ anons. They're definitely at the bottom of the totem pole, in that they're limited to essentially one build and playstyle, they can't get any 'ware whatsoever and have nothing to spend nuyen on making them advance slower than other archetypes, and they're fragile, but they're certainly unique and fun can be had with them. The trick really is in not kidding yourself that you're gonna be hacking the planet, you have to give a few reads to the whole matrix chapter and then let the Sprites do the heavy lifting.
>>
>>45395447

Sure, it shouldn't be a bad opening run.

Jumping right into action is generally a safe call to get people engaged.
>>
I found problem that most people have never seen and likely never will in chummer because of
>True Drake
Since true drake increases your essence (by 2) to 8, its also trying to increase your magic (by 2) to a max of 8, increasing you actual magic by 2 accidentally as well. What this does is break it rather thoroughly. Going past 4 magic makes chummer shit itself if you try to save and load the character because it thinks you're actually at +2 magic, so being at 5 or 6 puts it out of range and crashes.

Removing the code that was increasing essence and going into career mode and using improvements to increase it manually avoids this problem somehow, but again, I doubt anyone really touches True Drake.
>>
>>45397712
>Chummer 4

Abandon all illusion of support.
>>
>>45397893
I already did when I saw the last update was in 2013
>>
How does one build a mainly drone focused rigger in 5e w/ priority build? Any advice/ideas/gimmicks from the local gearheads?
>>
>>45398693
Build a street sam. Now give him an RCC, like in >>45385173
>>
>>45398693
A priority in nuyen. With those you buy a RCC, programs and drones.

With the rest of your resources, you pick a secondary occupation and you build that on the side.
>>
Our GM has announced her intentions to run a 5e game set in the CAS with a heavy element of institutionalized racism. Most of the city workers are orks and trolls, humans are the majority population and everyone is expected to be armed. However, there is little info on this particular region of North America in the SR fluff, (from what I've found, anyway). I intend to play the face of the party who originated from LA, a female elf who used to work as a sim sense pornographer and reality TV star. I don't think this character fits into this setting very well, though. I was wondering if I could get some ideas on a more optimized character I could effectively play as, rather than one who is limited by the moral and social standards of her surroundings.
>>
>>45398905
You absolutely want to play as an elf?
>>
I've got a Run Design challenge for you guys.

Renraku is building a new office building on some of the land they own in the Redmond Barrens. Mr. Johnson wants a copy of the digital blueprints stolen from the foreman's trailer. Security is elevated due to gangers constantly attempting to steal stuff from the site.

After the blueprints are acquired, Mr. Johnson gives a second job: go back to the construction site and upload an edited copy of the blueprints. The same job. However, whatever way the players did it the first time, Renraku has added measures to counter.

How would you or your shadowrunners get the first data, and how would Renraku counter it? Preferably without prohibiting other methods.

Example: Players rammed the gates with a van, the corp responds by putting manned turrets by the entrance. Convinced some gangers to stage a raid as a distraction? Corp gives their security force pepper grenades. Summoned some spirits? Corp recruits some hellhounds to track astral stuff.
>>
>>45399074
Not necessarily, but the elf aspect lends well to the character's status as a face and sexual object. She's not above acting like a slut or doing a few sexual favors to help the party. I was even thinking of giving her "combat anxiety", or whatever it's called, where she's practically useless in a real fight.
>>
>>45399189
Go for it, I'd say. If the racism aspect bothers you, stick to your concept but have her be human.
>>
>>45395447
As long as you keep the opposition's magic support light, it should be a whopping intro to the setting.
>>
>>45399270
Oh, I'm not bothered by racism as a setting element. It would be worse to play an ork or troll in that regard, I just don't like the idea of religiously motivated vigilantes breaking down the door during a mixed race sim sense porn studio. Here's a question: what's the best way to have a bodyguard of sorts that does all the fighting for me? An NPC that follows me at all times? Could I simply seduce someone into filling that role, or would the GM be advised against allowing it?
>>
File: 1430259144706.gif (209 KB, 800x734) Image search: [Google]
1430259144706.gif
209 KB, 800x734
>>45398905
>Go to Miami
>Put on chicken mask
>Pop K-10
>???
>PROFIT
>>
>>45399377
Nuyen can buy some old-fashioned bodyguards with decent loyalty and skills.
Drones are incorruptible but rather dumb.
Mages/Shaman can bind Spirits to keep watch, but they too aren't foolproof.

You could probably seduce someone into being your elf's bodyguard, see the advanced rules for Contacts. She will owe him/her some major favors for putting his/her life on the line, though.
>>
>>45399377
>>45399543
To build on the anon's suggestions, you could build an mage face -- same background, but with that, you could summon and/or bind spirits to keep watch over you.
>>
>>45399663
There's already a raccoon shaman in the party and I don't want to step on his summoning toes. Plus I'm going for straight mundane so I can take advantage of delicious cyberware and genetic enhancement.
>>
>>45399687
Then invest in some combat 'ware. With high grade muscle toner and enhanced articulation you can literally bend over and kiss your own ass and this is a useful skill for a porn actress. Add a synaptic booster and voilà.
>>
>>45399687
>>45400558
I've had some -very- sweet builds that way -- an AGI 10/CHA 7 face is no laughing matter.
>>
>>45393340
I do physical damage as cracked ribs, a broken nose, fingers snapping, because I feel like the magic is "squeezing" the life force from you.
Stun damage is bruises, nose bleeds, breathing heavy, etc.
Someone who habitually over casts would be walking on a cane, have a cough that he winces everytime he does so, and generally be addicted to painkillers.
>>
Sup /tg/,
Currently making a backup character and still pretty new to Shadowrun.
Would a magical cyber doctor work?

As in, could he use magic to aid in the installation and/or repair of cyberware?
And if so, is there any spells that could help in removing cyberware from...less than willing patients?

And finally, he would sacrifice an essence to have a cyber hand with 1 scalpel and 3 syringe fingers. Do cyberfingers work like spurs in that they are only visible when in use?
>>
>A wireless smartlink provides a dice pool
bonus to all attacks with the weapon: +1 if you’re using
gear with a smartlink or +2 if you’re using an augmentation
for which you paid Essence

Is this dice pool bonus in the initial shooting roll, as if you rolled automatics, pistols etc?
>>
>>45402328
Yes.
>>
>>45393340
Physical damage from overcasting is various types of bleeding. Mild, he gets a nosebleed, major, he starts coughing up blood and has to deal with internal bleeding.
Stun damage, he's constantly winded, has a hard time catching his breath, and is oddly lethargic.
>>
>>45402239
I'm thinking the entire Health family of spells. Thinks like sterilize, heal, incision...
>>
>>45402239
Well first off, which edition are you using?
In 5, I believe there is a repair spell, as well as healing spells you could use to help with recovery.
It however would cost essence to get a robo hand, which would lower your casting capability. You could just get a medical drone to do that for you.

>>45402328
You add it to your roll to hit someone. So if you roll 12 dice normally to hit people with pistols, then you get a smartgun attachment for your pistol and you'd roll 13 dice providing its turned on.
If you were to replace your eyes with cybereyes, that bonus would jump your dicepool up to 14.
>>
File: Cyberdoctor.jpg (545 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
Cyberdoctor.jpg
545 KB, 900x1350
>>45402462
5th edition, sorry for not clarifying.
As for the robo drone, I had considered it, but want to be able to take my medical supplies anywhere while still remain relatively unnoticed. .
>>45402448
Yeah, he's already got the important ones, I was thinking incision could be used to assist in removing hard to reach ware, like stuff connecting to the spine.
>>
>Everyone sits down for the first session
>Get to character introductions
>Decker tells everyone his name is Richard
>Tell him he's supposed to be using his street name
>That is my street name. My real name is Gupee McGofferson
>The rest of the party's street names are Marcus, Nick, Roger, and Dabeetus
I feel like my players are either going to be intolerable or the best I've ever had.
>>
>>45402462
Cool, I also had a question about image magnification in combat

it states using a 'take aim' action with image magnification reduces the modifiers for range, but it does not list my how much on pg 178, which has the text about image magnification
>>
>>45403683
Nevermind, i found an example on 176 that seems to suggest magnification decreases the step of the range by one
e.g from extreme to long or long to medium
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.