[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General - /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Aeons Coming To Slap Your Shit edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/PQvignSr

Old thread: >>45359659
>>
Is there a way to justify a wizard wearing full plate armor?
Such as spells without components to get messed up by armor, or metamagics to help my muscle wizard get by?
>>
What are some of your favorite tracks to use during a session? Ambiance, combat, doesn't matter to me.

This is GOAT theme for any visit to a city
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue-ER61uE_o
>>
Eldritch Knight
>>
>>45367525
I just have a playlist of cyberpunk and techno music for my Iron Gods game. I've used Metal Gear Rising boss songs for the final bosses of each book though, kicking in lyrics as appropriate.
>>
File: 1453947534203.png (204 KB, 500x471) Image search: [Google]
1453947534203.png
204 KB, 500x471
nth for Eiremian and Ethumion Iconics!
>>
>>45367516
Can you use any 3.5 material? 3.5 made this super, super easy.

A pretty good resource for 3.5:
http://rpg.stackexchange.com/q/18468/4563
>>
File: 1432850018327.gif (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1432850018327.gif
6 KB, 200x200
>>45367558
>I've used Metal Gear Rising boss songs for the final bosses of each book though

Please tell me you're going to use Collective Consciousness for Unity.
>>
As a discussion for this thread:

Since I am kinda new to PF, I want to ask how viable Multiclassing is? From the little research I did it's basically terrible aside from a few niches here and there.

Or am I just seeing it wrong?

Even the pre-written Prestige Classes look underwhelming to me(from the CRB anyway)

Eldritch Knight? Magus basically right? Melee/Caster

Dragon Disciple? Druid? if you want to claw shit and cast.

Thaumaturge? I actually don't even get this one. You're half a divine caster and half a arcane caster and you have a shitload of spells but lower level ones.

I generally like systems like Multiclassing. If done right it can be an interesting option in games. But if done badly you'll just be bad at two things, instead of good at one.
>>
So, just transferred a huge amount of stuff from Kingmaker into roll20 for a bunch of new players flocking over from 3.5.

Anything I need to watch out for or tips for running it?
>>
>>45367516
You can fill all your slots with Still Spell if you want. If 3.5 content is allowed I'm pretty sure there are just so many ways to reduce it that you can do it all with armor materials, enhancements and specific races forging it.
>>
>>45367516
Still spell Metamagic feat? No somatic = No Arcane spell failure chance. Or you can just be Sorcerer with Psychic bloodline.
>>
>>45367576
I am. I actually asked on /pfg/ and someone recommended that one to me. I have no idea what to use for Furkas Xoud, and my players just got to book 3. tfw none of them like roleplaying and won't make redfang their husbando
>>
>>45367578
Yes, multiclassing is something you don't really want to do. If you are playing pretty much anything T3 or higher, it will (more often than not) benefit more from taking more levels in the primary class than picking up crap from a low level secondary class.
>>
>>45367578
Multiclassing is alright for most martial since they had no class feature to loss anyway.

It's a bad no-no for caster because losing spell progression and caster level is usually not worth it.
>>
>>45367525
I shamelessly use RPG BGMs, my players like it. A sense of nostalgia paired with the thrill of bashing skellies to the theme of good music.
>Suikoden
>Golden Sun
>Fate / Stay Night

Special Mention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLI3fSgccZU
>>
>>45367591
Kingmaker is better when you add more stuff into those empty grid/hex. Maybe try adding more River kingdom stuff into the campaign too. Emerald Spire/Throne Keep etc.

Kingdom building phase can be pretty boring for some players. It's pretty much a different type of game.
>>
>>45367601
>I have no idea what to use for Furkas Xoud, and my players just got to book 3.

I gotchu, senpai.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBMhwWN_088
>>
File: 5693461a30cb615c4f9424e5b7fb925e.jpg (534 KB, 1540x1754) Image search: [Google]
5693461a30cb615c4f9424e5b7fb925e.jpg
534 KB, 1540x1754
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
Tell me about your character's waifu/husbando
>>
>>45367674
The Drow Witch who, disguised as a Tiefling, tricked the party into helping her achieve much greater levels of power, which she initially used to turn some NPCs into monsters (a way of achieving further power). He swore to kill her and finally defeated her before she was able to achieve her grand, master plan, and took away all of her powers in the process. Now she's in jail and giving out useful information while acting as catty as ever.

My character does not form healthy relationships.
>>
>>45367674
She was a catfolk skyship captain who helped us out one time, and my character subsequently visited her whenever she came back into port until the GM killed her off because he didn't like having to roleplay as my waifu
>>
>>45362626
So... would a Thrallherd with a lesbian Harem or a Egoist/Metamorph who wants to turn everyone into cute girls be legit for this?
>>
>>45367674
She's a human he left behind so I have an excuse to have a half-elf character in the future. He left because he was ashamed of having fell in love with a human, and felt like he shamed his family's pure bloodline.
>>
>>45367674

Nigga this is the seventh time we've had this discussion, and although we've become exceedingly efficient at it I don't think it's a discussion that needs to be done for another 2-3 generals.

Monster-hunter campaign's waifu is a powerful forest spirit and the mother of my character's daughter. She's plot-critical for the main story.

LotLK character does not have a waifu, at least not yet.
>>
File: 1408320276147.jpg (44 KB, 301x267) Image search: [Google]
1408320276147.jpg
44 KB, 301x267
>>45367630
>golden sun
>>
File: Raven's Ass.jpg (220 KB, 383x598) Image search: [Google]
Raven's Ass.jpg
220 KB, 383x598
Gareth around?
I want to comment on this ability he threw in for Eiremians:

>"An eiremian can project her serenity, dampening strong emotions around herself. Up to three times per day, as a standard action, she chooses one creature within (25 ft. + 5ft. per 2 character levels), plus an additional creature in that range for every four character levels she posseses. Hostile creatures must succeed at a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the eiremian's character level + her Wisdom modifier; a creature threatened by the eiremian or her allies recieves a +5 bonus to its save) or have their attitude shifted from hostile to unfriendly, or from unfriendly to indifferent (this may not improve a creature's attitude above indifferent). Additionally, morale bonuses affecting the creature are suppressed for a number of rounds equal to the eiremian's character level.

>Allies affected by this ability instead gain a resistance bonus equal to the eiremian's Wisdom modifier to saving throws against emotion-based effects and reduce the intensity of fear effects affecting them by 1 step. Confused allies affected by this ability cease being confused."

He mentioned its pretty complex an ability and we were hoping to split it to two different abilities instead.

The former can be an ART for Terrible Peace.
The latter can be an ART for Empty Serenity.
>>
>>45367674
She's gone, I don't know. My character does have a half-elven daughteru studying alchemy somewhere but she'll be an Investigator if I play her.
>>
>>45367674
No one knew my glorious handsome Dorf paladin has an Elf husbando at home.
>>
>>45367737
Those both sound reasonable. I just want to know when it runs
>>
>>45367628
>It's a bad no-no for caster because losing spell progression and caster level is usually not worth it

Then what's the point of the Thaumaturge for example? The lore/fluff actually had me storming up ideas in my head for a character. Someone obsessed with magic who doesn't really give a fuck where it's from just so long as it's magic.

But then the class itself just seems "ok"
And even then, getting there you'd have to be crappy at casting untill you finally prestige, and then you're still not powerful or anything.

I understand that in older DnD books Multiclassing was overpowered so the PF devs tried to nurture it. But then they added the Synthesist Summoner who can just shit on everything once he starts to get to mid levels(My character for example)

I know that since I am new(ish) to PF I should enjoy my first real campaign(Wich I am) but seeing badly designed game systems irks me.
>>
>>45367630
>Suikoden

My Mwangi comrade!
>>
>>45367674
Dont got em.

Cavalier is uninterested.
Witch is an undead abomination who delights in the misery of others.
Barbarian is... available.
>>
>>45367630
>Golden Sun
Don't put on RPG music everyone at the table knows, come on. You want it to be unfamiliar so they're still thinking about your own campaign while it's on.
>>
>>45367783
Paizo considers multiclassing and prestige classing badwrongfun unless it is Superior Roleplaying, which in Paizo's mind means making yourself useless cuz useless is good roleplaying.
>>
File: n695axsmQy1qmqz89.jpg (24 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
n695axsmQy1qmqz89.jpg
24 KB, 500x284
>>45367736

>Catfolk skyship captain

I'm sorry, your GM expected you NOT to waifu such a character?
>>
File: aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg (31 KB, 419x261) Image search: [Google]
aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg
31 KB, 419x261
>>45367737
>>45367776
Do Thrallherd, then you can...
>>
>>45367674
>having a waifu
>ever

That's not how you prevent your demon-tainted blood from infecting future generations!
>>
>>45367830
She was awkwardly hot.
>>
>>45367674
She's a kitsune hunter who is tracking me down for 3 reasons:
1) To thank me for showing her how beautifully vast the world is outside her tiny village.
2) To bring me back to her village as her hubby.
3) To kill me because she thinks I killed their elder who is like a foster father to her.

Its complicated. I can't kill her because she's just so damn adorable, innocent and because she's pretty well-optimized its hard to land a hit on her.
She can't kill me because reason #2 and because I've been running around proving me and my parties innocence for a lot of shit we didn't do or inadvertently, accidentally do.
>>
>>45367737
You motherfuckers better record this shit.
>>
File: zlCfzSWHe6sZlsw-q5.jpg (142 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
zlCfzSWHe6sZlsw-q5.jpg
142 KB, 800x450
>>45367811

>TFW I'm the closest thing to the party weeb
>TFW I can bust out all the animu/JRPG music I want and they'll NEVER figure it out
>>
>>45367812
That's pretty sad.
Oh well, I'll just enjoy being overpowered as fuck then as my Synthesist Summoner.

Next lv my AC is starting to skyrocket.
+1STR/DEX bonus next lv brings my DEX to 16 so I get 1AC, 2AC from AC bonus level up, and I am allowed another Improved Natural Armor at next lv. Wich gives me another 2AC. 5AC for 1 level up. Seems crazy. Brings me up to 25AC.

I am not even trying to be overpowered, in fact, I opted to go for the martial weapon route so to avoid the CLAWCLAWCLAWRAKEBLEEDINFUSEDWITHMAGIC option, but I am still pretty damn strong.

Since a lot of the evolutions specifically mention Natural attacks I get a LOT of mileage out of (ab)using the "Skilled" evolution.

+8 to Acrobatics for 1 evolution point? yes please.

My guy can now easily backflip over his party member Rogue and land behind the enemy for a quick flank bonus.

Luckily I took spells that augment my party, so I can share my power with them.
Our Fighter had the greatest of times being enlarged and hasted, cleaving trough a pile of zombies.
>>
>>45367830
That's what I thought! I was 100% sure she was placed in the campaign exclusively to waifubait, until he started bitching about it.

I think he just regretted giving me something I enjoyed, especially since I was the only player who actually liked roleplaying.
>>
>>45367783
The fact is that people flip the fuck out over losing spell progression, when they're losing it from 9th level casters, who can still snap a campaign with 8ths down.
>>
>>45367812
You can't be useless unless you have a shit DM.
>>
>>45367783
Thaumaturge is a hold over from 3.5.

You are better off playing Ancient Lorekeeper Oracle or Shaman with Arcane Enlightenment Hex.

Synthesist is weaker than normal Summoner so your example is moot. At least use Master Summoner as an example for overpower class.
>>
File: 6420acafc20d1b0af3168ec5f17f9ebf.png (699 KB, 1023x1246) Image search: [Google]
6420acafc20d1b0af3168ec5f17f9ebf.png
699 KB, 1023x1246
>>45367923
>people flip the fuck out over losing spell progression

Anything less than absolute overkill is poorly optimized, sempai
>>
>>45367848
>That's not how you prevent your demon-tainted blood from infecting future generations!

Ivy from Soul Caliber has the same problem and she's still working tooth-and-nail to cure her tainted blood.

Why? Because people like a good fuck every now and then, and some people want kids.
>>
>>45367674
No waifu, but he does have a daughteru that showed up on his doorstep.

He has no recollection of this, and no idea who the mother is, yet has taken to raising her as his own.
>>
>>45367812
Par for the course for the den of SJWs that it is.
>>
>>45367952
>OH NO, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OUR ARCHFIEND OVERLORD'S ONLY WEAKNESS WAS PERFECTLY-WOVEN BASKETS
>>
>>45367962

Before I clicked the image it looked like a giant fuzzy caterpillar.
>>
>>45367996

You forgot the [Trigger Warning] to warn people that our Overlord got laughed out of a brothel!
>>
>>45367996
Don't underestimate 3.5's basket weaving, son.
>>
>>45367876
>Synthesist
>Overpowered

I remembered the day I used to think like that. But soon you will realize that Synthesist only has half the power of Summoner class.
>>
>>45367962
Some say 'if it isn't broken, don't fix it.'

Others say 'if it isn't broken, it's poorly optimized.'
>>
>>45367869
If I make it into the group you can be assured I will.
As long as it doesn't turn super embarrassing, then it will be linked as a postbin.
>>
>>45367953
If the Synthesist is weaker than the normal variant then I don't even want to know what they are capable off.

I feel pretty damn STRONK at the moment. Throwing Haste on the party and buffing our Fighter and myself with Enlarge Person we just smashed trough everything while our Druid healed us up after the fight.

Next lv I can sprout fucking wings with Evolution Surge.

Synthesist feels plenty strong to me(but then, what do I know, I'm new at this shit)
>>
>>45368069

Oh, it gon' get hella embarrassing.
>>
File: puns 2.gif (128 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
puns 2.gif
128 KB, 400x300
>>45367968
Abstinence is easier. All of that work to facilitate something when it'd take so much less time and energy just to go without. It's not like you need it, even.
>>
>>45368081
Synth is weaker because of loss of action economy. If you were a base summoner, you'd be able to buff and still charge in on the same turn, yknow?

Synthesist is a defensive archetype.
>>
File: Revised Mourners Cover Draft.jpg (3 MB, 4813x3095) Image search: [Google]
Revised Mourners Cover Draft.jpg
3 MB, 4813x3095
So guess what /pfg/? Tonight's been my fuckin' night - got to see Deadpool (SO WORTH), and come back home to the Mourners: Scum of Shatterdown Kickstarter being live.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/197021008/mourners-scum-of-shatterdown

That feel when the full-color cover's file is too big for me to attach to the post; here's the Imgur link - https://i.imgur.com/GNmtQfQ.jpg

I'm on deck to field questions and address feedback. And my thanks, again, to the folks that have been reading Mourners and offering their feedback!

God tonight has been GREAT.
>>
>>45368081
Well you like throwing Haste and Enlarge Person on fighter and smash through everything?

Imagine doing that in a single round. Summoner casts buff on the party then the Eidolon smash through stuff.
>>
>>45368053
Could you explain why for the new folk?
>>
>>45368081
Simple, Synthesist can do all that, plus improved action economy from effectively controlling two characters, plus Flanking build shenanigans
>>
>>45367525
I really like Spice and Wolf soundtrack. For Out of combat situations.
>>
>>45368125
I actually don't mind that it's weaker. I wanted to RP a henshin sentai/kamen rider type of dude and it's working pretty well.

Also, since this is my first real campaign managing two seperate entities seemed daunting.
>>
How the fuck do I make a Dread that isn't a complete edgelord?
>>
>>45368142
Evening Gareth, please turn your attention to this
>>45367751
>>
>>45368225
Gonna get to it here in a bit, but I did notice. I also wanna chew it over with Forrest if I can.
>>
>>45368223

Simple: puns.

All day, erry day.
>>
>>45367525
I plan on using this for the BBEG next session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Ka1TFQFsA
>>
File: image.png (100 KB, 691x715) Image search: [Google]
image.png
100 KB, 691x715
Kinda unrelated to PF, but does anybody recognize where this might have come from?
>>
>>45368178
Hey man thats totally cool. I love synths myself and hate 'pets'. Thats just the 'muh optimization' reason.
>>
>>45368161
double action economy. You can casts spell and attacking in the same round.
>>
>>45368223
Skeletor. Per perhaps make him someone who's super pacifistic and afraid of violence, so he channels his fear of violence into making other people afraid to fight.

Or, King Engine.
>>
>>45368081
>>45368178
And the strongest archetypes is Master Summoner. Who needs a party when you can solo the campaign.
>>
>>45368310
AND HE PRAYS.
>>
File: a2178910558_10.jpg (127 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
a2178910558_10.jpg
127 KB, 800x800
>>45368223
The dread should look like this.
>>
>>45368269
I believe that would be Shadow of the Demon Lord
>>
>>45368350
Certainly causes dread in me...
>>
File: Saya1.jpg (659 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Saya1.jpg
659 KB, 1680x1050
>>45368322
Better question is "why would you ever want to solo the campaign, when you could be working together with your friends?" but the TO-types aren't really known for having friends at all, so I suppose that's why.

>>45368350
So fucking cute. Would end the world AGAIN to protect that smile.
>>
>>45368245
Not that guy you replied to, but I think Empty Serenity could work better as that emotion resistances party buff.

Its like a "duality" with the Ethumion's Wellspring of Life.
Though instead of releasing positive feelings, its sucking up negative ones.
>>
>>45368383
> implying they are friends and not my sworn enemies
> implying you aren't secretly hate everyone in your social cycle.
>>
>>45368383
>>45368350
I don't get it.
>>
>>45368285
I get it, but my party is pretty martial focused.
I understand that a normal summoner could do what I can AND manage a murderbeast. But frontflipping into hammer smash(Earthshaker 2D6) is just so satisfying.

Skilled evolution+ a few ranks in acrobatics and I am atleast as acrobatic as our Rogue. 19STR hammer smash from a front/backflip or wallkicking myself into flanking range is way too much fun.

Before I started this campaign DnD type of games seemed silly to me, but I honestly feel like Dante from Devil May Cry at times.

It's gonna get even better when I get Evolution Surge, wich is just PERFECT for the whole Kamen Rider/Sentai "power up" schtick.

I already have a concept in my mind for what I am going to call it. Something like WINGS OF JUSTICE or some cheesy shit like that.
>>
File: 125fget.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
125fget.jpg
161 KB, 1280x720
>>45368383
One Bullet End > Bloom End> White Room End
>>
>>45368347
Oh mah God do I pray!
I pray every single day,
>>
>>45368310
>>45368347

https://youtu.be/FyyTzkktjsI

Best villain.
>>
>>45368322
Wouldn't that be kind of hard considering summoned creatures are kind of weak compared to the enemy you'll be facing? About 50% hit chance, low AC, poor damage output, and summoner itself is quite squicky.
>>
>>45368446
Its the best way to play synthesist, really.
>>
>>45368487
That's what party wide buff spells are for anon.
>>
>>45368487
Oh, you are a poor, ignorant soul.
>>
File: Saya3.png (2 MB, 1303x1396) Image search: [Google]
Saya3.png
2 MB, 1303x1396
>>45368441
Speak for yourself, guy. I actually like the people I play RPGs with.

>>45368442
She's actually some kind of Lovecraftian horror from beyond space, but the protag of the game's perception is fucked up due to a brain injury. Also she is super fucking cute. So fucking cute. Goddamn is she cute.

>>45368449
Don't be a fag, anon. Bloom end >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else by a goddamn mile.

>>45368446
That is UNACCEPTABLE anon. How dare you enjoy yourself! YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO YOUR FAMILY!
>>
>>45368571
A caster disgracing himself like a martial.
Shameful.
>>
Ah, I mean to play solo campaign.

>>45368512
Could you please elaborate? I'm a noob, and open to any advice.

>>45368510
I can only think of haste or so. What other spells are available?
>>
File: Shitposting on 4chan.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Shitposting on 4chan.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
So I just discovered pic related is our weaboo DM's BBEG.
We're fucked.
>>
>>45368571
That sounds fucked up
where do I sign
>>
>>45368571
Cute only to a person suffering from brain injury though!
>>
>>45368650
Give your entire party brain injuries.
>>
>>45368650
A brain injury? Or the only true perception of reality by lesser beings.
>>
>>45368442
They are race traitors. That thing is a shoggoth-like blob optimized to reproduce with the dominate race. Said reproduction ends with the transformation of that race into more of it.
>>
Unrelated question, but I saw a cut from Mr. A comic few threads back. Can someone post more cuts if possible? I'd like use the, as reference when playing LE character.
>>
>>45368650
Well, in the ending, she turned everyone into an eldritch horror so all is well.
>>
>>45368623
>playing anything above T3
get out

PoW/Psionics/SoP T3-4 games are best games.

>>45368635
Prepare your anus, because his boner is going in dry.

>>45368642
I usually tell people to fucking google it, but it's Saya no Uta. It's like three hours long, and best played at night with the lights off and wearing headphones.

>>45368650
IF IT'S CUTE, IT DOESN'T MATTER!
>>
/pfg/ what's the best way to build a character built around wielding a bladed scarf?
>>
>>45368677
>Race Traitors
I'm sorry, am I supposed to be proud of being a meatbag that is fated to rot into dust after several decades instead of being transformed into a perfect being?
>>
>>45368689
There's a Magus archetype based around it, isn't there?
>>
>>45368503
Yeah, I get to unleash my inner nerd to the max with this class. The first time I succesfully backflipped over our Rogue and into flanking range(Wich also gave the Rogue a flanking bonus) I almost came.

>>45368510
Even as a Synth player I shudder the thought of a bunch of hasted minions crawling over the battlefield. Poor fucking DM

>>45368571
> That is UNACCEPTABLE anon. How dare you enjoy yourself! YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO YOUR FAMILY!

OH FUCK ME.
I WILL COMMIT SUDOKU THEN.

But only after I got to fly around assaulting shit from the sky with my WINGS OF JUSTICE! (I am already starting to like the name. Cheesy as shit, but it works for my character so well)
>>
>>45368688
>I usually tell people to fucking google it, but it's Saya no Uta. It's like three hours long, and best played at night with the lights off and wearing headphones.

I had to quit around the time when he started eating people. I just couldn't handle that. I did eventually pick it up and finish it, but ugh.
>>
>>45368689
Elf Magus Spelldancer.
>>
File: Lisalisa_body_c94_scarf.png (2 MB, 718x1183) Image search: [Google]
Lisalisa_body_c94_scarf.png
2 MB, 718x1183
>>45368689
With Hamon, preferably.
>>
>>45368688
>Implying I'm not a Rogue in disguise.
>>
>>45368722
Seriously though, you do you. Synthesists are fun though mine couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I fucking hate my dice.

>>45368730
Bruh. How else are you going to learn to CE properly?
>>
>>45368487
Depend on the monster you summon anon. 50% thing doesn't happen until higher level. That's where you get ridiculous stuff to summon like Shadow Demon, Animate Dream with their incorporeal touch attack.

Summoner itself has 3/4 BAB d8 and light armor. It's as durable as Bard,Magus or Cleric (if you're wearing mithral breastplate + armor expert trait).
>>
>>45368779
>Bruh. How else are you going to learn to CE properly?
I wouldn't
>>
File: 1452039715887.jpg (2 MB, 1951x2792) Image search: [Google]
1452039715887.jpg
2 MB, 1951x2792
>>45368650
>>45368677
>>45368712
Its like I'm back on /a/ 4 fucking years ago!
That was an incredible thread by the way. /tg/ came to visit that thread and tried to purge heresies left and right, which devolved into /a/ asking one of the chaos gods for power to protect their waifus. Good times. We really should invite /a/ for a few games.
>>
>>45368712
Can't you see, it flies in the face of everything it means to be human!

You follow the Goetic at all? Psychometablism can be twisted into something like this.
>>
Does anybody play online? Like play by post? I haven't been able to play in person for more than a year because of work. I looked at one website I used to use when I was in college, but it's filled with shit like people wanting to play "ponyfinder" or wanting to use super special snowflake homebrew bullshit.
>>
>>45368855
What measure is human?
A soul? empathy? a capability to love and be loved?

Then most of humanity itself has failed to be human.
>>
>>45368779
>though mine couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I fucking hate my dice.

I know that feel man, it's why I fucking love to (ab)use the Skilled Evolution. I am sitting at 13 Acrobatics now. I can roll a 7 and still backflip my way out of danger. Attack of oppurtunity? lolololol I'll just nimbly dodge while I run up this wall and kick myself of it.

But then there are the shit rolls. Failing every save ever because FUCK YOU, YOU'RE ROLLING 2-8 ON AVERAGE TODAY HAHAHA.

And then I get a 20 on my UMD. Woohoo, critical wand of magic missle! Oh wait, wands don't crit?.....oh
>>
>>45368893
>Then most of humanity itself has failed to be human.
Only if you're an edgelord.
>>
>>45368817
I remember that thread
You totally forgot the /v/ khornates joining in on the fun
>>
>>45368893
It's generally an extra feat.
>>
>>45368797
1. Is there any way to boost incorporeal creature's damage output? Sure they have high hit chance, but damage output seems mediocre at best.

2. Too bad My group's normal is 15pts buy and would not have enough points left to spend in physical stats (Low Dex is one problem, but my concern is weight problem from low Str)
>>
>>45368886
I've played both on Roll20 and PbP, and they have their downsides. In my experience, though, it's better than nothing. Until one or more people start flaking the fuck out, that is. Which, sadly, is much more common on the internet.
>>
>>45369007
Mule cords and/or a master work backpack could help with strength. I haven't checked if they stack, though I imagine they don't.
>>
Okay, /pfg/ I'm trying to do a little optimization.
I want to make a crit-fisher archer.
I know, its 20/x2 and that sucks.

I found that Bracers of the Falcon turns a bow's damage to 19-20/x3, but doesn't stack with keen, improved critical, etc.

Any other methods to get a lot of crits using bows?
>>
File: smugcat.jpg (58 KB, 600x798) Image search: [Google]
smugcat.jpg
58 KB, 600x798
>>45368966
You cheeky cunt.
>>
Question to other Synthesist players: does Augmented Summoning required to the Synths as well? Because you'll not generally summon monster, having your suit up all the time.
>>
>>45369052
Does augment summoning even work for summoners? Isn't it only when you cast the spell, not use the class ability?
>>
>>45369052
it doesn't even effect your Eidolon unless you use Summon Eidolon (the spell) to call it, so meh. That said, there WILL be times where you can't use your eidolon (it got killed, the townsfolk will murder you in fear, etc.) that just summoning stuff instead would work fine.

As a Synthesist, at least, you can live without Augment Summoning.
>>
>>45369025
Damn it, it takes shoulder slot? Muh cloak of resistance....
>>
>>45369110
I hate cloaks of resistance so fucking much.
>>
>>45369007
1: No, but that's why you Summon 1d3+1 of them. If you wants damage then you go with Smiting Giant Octopus (+Heroism)
>>
>>45369166
I hate ALL "required" magical items. Let me be INVENTIVE, damnit!
>>
>>45369082
It work. There is a faqs for it.
>>
>>45367468
I just want to summon a tornado of fists now. It just spin and punches the shit out of everything.
>>
>>45368635
I don't know what anime this is from. Who is he and what's he actually doing, casting a bunch of buff spells?
>>
>>45369188
WotC finally got a clue in MIC and made all that shit, at least, combine with interesting shit for no extra cost.

Paizo, fucks that they are, not only hasn't done that, they explicitly told DMs that allowing that is cheesy munchkin badwrongfun.
>>
>>45369254
Overlord.
>>
Playing XCOM, now ~75% ish hit chance isn't reliable to me. Aside from the usual Weapon focus and +x weapon, what items could boos to hit chance?
>>
>>45369254

Animu is Overlord. And yes, he's observing the time-honored tradition of casting everything in his spell list that lasts longer than a round.
>>
>>45369322
Why isn't the enemy acting on any of those turns to fill him with arrows though
>>
File: 1452297959563.jpg (880 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452297959563.jpg
880 KB, 848x1200
>>45369029
Weapon Master's Handbook introduced making custom weapons. You'll need your DM's permission though.

Be an elf for free weapon proficiency with bows.

An exotic two-handed ranged weapon gives you about 11 points to play with.

spend 7 points on Improved Critical Threat Range
spend 2 points on Improved Damage
spend 1 point on Traditional (Elf)
spend 1 point on either expanded range or improved damage.

This new Elven Bow should have these stats:

1d6 (or 1d8) / piercing / 18-20/x2 / 50ft (or 120ft.) / 3lbs. / 40gp

Now you have 2 options:
Grab bracers of the falcon to do x3 damage per crit
OR
Grab improved critical to do 15-20 crit range
They don't stack

I suggest the latter if you're an eldritch archer and rely more on ranged spellstrikes to do the extra damage. Use the latter if you're a full BAB martial investing in several archery feats.
>>
>>45369007
> 15pts buy
Go play a Wizard or Cleric you fool!

Also what level are we talking about? I can find an appropriate good Summon Monster for you level.
>>
How is the Stalwart Defender Prestige Class? I am actually interested in playing an immovable chunk of armor that can halt any foe.

Dwarf seems like a good pick for the class seeing as how fucking stubborn they can be.
>>
>>45369345
Because he used scrying and kept hidden from detection.

Do you even wizard?
>>
>>45369345
That enemy is only set to react to hostile action. That's why he can spends time buffing.
>>
>>45369319
buddy, 95% chance won't seem reliable to you soon
>>
File: help-me-obiwan-kenobi.jpg (31 KB, 600x408) Image search: [Google]
help-me-obiwan-kenobi.jpg
31 KB, 600x408
/pfg/ my group decided to run a few all PoW sessions, I've never looked at these classes could anybody give me a quick rundown on them and what they excel at?
>>
>>45369364
Uh, would be 12 I believe.
>>
>>45369393
Stalker - DPS
Warder - Tank
Warlord - Offtank Support.
>>
>>45369350
Elf only has weapon proficiency with "Longbow" not any type of bow. They don't even know how to use shortbow.

So Race and traditional doesn't really matter.
>>
>>45369423
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>45369365
It is shit.

On the plus side, the Stonelord Paladin gets all the same fun toys from Stalwart Defender. It's not as good as a normal Paladin, but damn is it cool.
>>
>>45369350
Is there any weapon quality to add your strength score to bow damage? If not, how much would be an acceptable point cost?
>>
>>45369393
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?380631-All-the-Path-of-War-Guides-in-One-Place!

Guides are a bit outdated but they get to the gist of most stuff.

Stalker- DPR/stealth, bit of monk, bit of rogue a lot stronger than they appear at first blush.
Warlord- DPR/Buffing with a "hold my beer and watch this!" Flavor.
Warder- Tank/DPR, only real tanking class in PF, tough as nails and hits just as hard.

From PoW:E
Harbinger- Debuff/utility/DPR, can shut down enemies like nobody's business. Kinda Edgelord.
Mystic- Buffing/Utility/DPR, pseudo caster, kind of inverse of magus. Glyphs are awesome.
Zealot- Buffer/Tank/DPR group cohesion and support are big themes. Psionic flavor and some unique gimmicks with maneuvers.
>>
Thinking of running a game for my group. Which adventure path is the most fun for the GM?
>>
>>45369402
Hmm at the level of Summon Monster 6? So it's better to call 1d3+1 from Summon Monster 5 list.

3x Ankylosaurus? Only 1 attack but 3x DC25 Stun at 15 ft reach will mess something up.

3x Large Earth Elemental should be good too, especially if you have evolve summon monster and add more attack to them.
>>
>>45369393
>>45369423
Stalker is the weakest of the three, because its maneuver recovery sucks and it's pretty much just a Rogue with maneuvers otherwise. It's definitely workable, especially with archetypes.

Calling a Warder a tank is apt, but only if you're talking about IRL tanks. Zweihander Sentinel, Dervish Defender and Hawkguard, especially, epitomize this. You can run around bludgeoing the everliving fuck out of everything while still protecting your buddies.

Warlord is amazing support for a group (Gambits are so nice! AND you get Golden Lion on top of them) and is fun to play, besides.

>>45369507
You always add your Strength mod to bow damage... if you're using a composite and/or adaptive bow.
>>
>>45369507
It's not in the book. So I'm not sure if we're suppose to assume that all ranged weapon are like Bow (with str damage) or Crossbow (without str damage).
>>
>>45369509
What's the most up to date version of the mystic? Is it the one on the PoW:E thread on GitP or is it the one from the subscription on the DSP site? One of them says the mystic has proficiency with Wakizashis while the other doesn't.
>>
>>45369566
The PDF.
>>
>>45369572
Danke!
>>
Would anyone happen to have the Animal Companion stat block for the Digmaul from Bestiary 5? Can't find it on SRD or Nethys.
>>
>>45369533
Thanks for suggestion.
>>
>>45369509
Hi Elric, do you guys have any plans of porting other Tome of Battle content to PoW?
I'm kinda partially biased to the Eternal Blade and Blood Claw Master as full classes rather than PrCs.
>>
File: Digmaul.png (199 KB, 830x352) Image search: [Google]
Digmaul.png
199 KB, 830x352
>>45369597
>>
>>45369587
Essentially nothing in the playtest thread is up to date. Playtest period is over and we've been trying to get the PDFs/Book out the door since December.

Why would you think the playtest thread is more recent than the thing we're asking people to /pay money/ for?
>>
Best gestalt for a zweihander sentinel?

aegis? (maybe abberant for more kamen raida)
harbinger? (not familiar on achetypes)
psion?
alchemist?
investigator?
something else I missed?
>>
>>45369597
>>45369627
The fuck is a digmaul?
>>
What are some good spells that aren't worth preparing/learning but good on scrolls? Already bought restoration and water breathing, but not sure about the others.
>>
>>45369627
Many thanks.
>>
>>45369507
That whole section is really just 'ask your DM to make you a weapon because these rules barely cover the basics', sadly
>>
>>45369613
Can't. The specific classes and maneuvers aren't OGL, so we write our own.
>>
>>45369636
I didn't, I was just hoping I didn't do all that copy/pasting on the wrong one because I didn't think about what I was doing.
>>
>>45369597
Digmaul Companions

Starting Statistics: Size Small; Speed 50 ft.; AC +1 natural armor; Attack bite (1d4), 2 claws (1d2), tail (1d2);
Ability Scores
Str 10, Dex 21, Con 13, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6;

Special Qualities
ball tail, low-light vision, scent.

4th-Level Advancement: Size Medium; Attack bite (1d6), 2 claws (1d3), tail (1d3);

Ability Scores Str +4, Dex –2, Con +2.
>>
>>45369648
Alchemist is an excellent gestalt for almost every class.
>>
>>45369648
Inspired Commander Cavalier
Transmogrifist Psion
Hedge Witch (from SoP)
>>
File: digmaul.jpg (39 KB, 700x578) Image search: [Google]
digmaul.jpg
39 KB, 700x578
>>45369652
This guy.
>>
>>45369652
Think 'splinter cat'
>>
File: Henry_Winkler_Fonz_290x400.jpg (28 KB, 290x400) Image search: [Google]
Henry_Winkler_Fonz_290x400.jpg
28 KB, 290x400
Tell me, what's the best way to efficiently have Magic, Maneuvers, and Psionics all together? What about Akasha either as well or instead of magic?
>Hard Mode
Doesn't rely on CHA
>>
>>45369652
Another cat. because we don't have enough cat companion.
>>
>>45369627
This sucks, the d20pfsrd still doesn't have the updated new animal companions in the list yet.
>>
>>45369672
Investigator is a better choice for Warder. Bombs conflict with maneuvers, but Studied Strike doesn't. Extra skill points + inspiration + Better skill list can net you all skills as class skills except fly, and you can still get extracts and mutagen (via discovery).
>>
>>45369613

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/prestige-classes/dragon-fury

Dragon Fury is similar to the Blood Claw Master.

If you want "shifting" on top of it, I'd recommend looking into the Feral Heart soulknife archetype from Ultimate Psionics.

You can also try out the War Heart archetype I made, which is a Feral Heart with maneuvers: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rrRrYM0_CXFpfvnWD7an3CKrrcrplWeqZN3HcR-NJi8/edit

Feedback, as always, is appreciated.
>>
>>45369692
Different from other cats due to

Ball Tail (Ex)

A digmaul has a spiked ball at the end of its tail, which it can use as a secondary natural attack that deals 1d4 points of bludgeoning and piercing damage. The digmaul can substitute a trip or bull rush combat maneuver check for its normal tail attack. Such a combat maneuver check doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity and receives a +4 racial bonus; a digmaul that fails its trip attempt by 10 or more in this way is not tripped.

Which, hey, a lot of animal companions have trip and bull rush effects already. Not a lot of cats do.
>>
>>45369682
>>45369685
>>45369692
I mean, it's kind of cute, but what the fuck. How many goddamn cat companions do we need?
>>
>>45369742
Thanks, anon.
Got any ideas to make an Eternal Blade then?
Its an initiator that gets a familiar that teaches them arts of war and stuff.
http://alcyius.com/dndtools/classes/eternal-blade/index.html
>>
>>45369743
Why cat though? There are already 3 types of Cat companion.

The books has like 3 different type of Bear but all of them use the same AC stats. Freakish Paizo is so... racist? animalist? against bear...
>>
>>45369682
It bothers me that they made stats for THAT retarded ball of fur.

Where the hell is my sabertooth tiger animal companion, Paizo?!
>>
>>45369739
That's what archetypes are for. Vivisectionist gives the straight boost to damage by getting SA which is fairly easy to trigger with the right builds (not to mention just going fist in combat), plus they can always keep them around as a ranged damage source since it's scaling touch attack damage.
>>
>>45369655
Comprehense Language.
>>
>>45369794
That's because bears are assholes
>>
>>45369824
get a big cat companion and slap a 19-20 on his bite attack. happy now?
>>
>>45369524
>Which adventure path is the most fun for the GM?

What do you like doing as a DM? Are you into roleplay, exploration, or combat?
>>
>>45367811

>RPG music everyone at the table knows
>Golden Sun

If only...
>>
What are good spells for a ship's wizard to know? I'm not interested so much in being a god wizard as I am in turning my pirate ship into the single most dangerous vessel on the high seas.
>>
>>45369648
>Best gestalt for a zweihander sentinel?

How much PB are you working with?
>>
>>45369572
When was it last updated? I last downloaded it in September.
>>
>>45369868

But anon, what's wrong with a bear's asshole?
>>
>>45369915
Illusions. The best pirates are the least recognizable ones.
>>
>>45369790

I suggest porting it over directly, with the appropriate skill changes, and:

Devoted Spirit = Black Seraph or Silver Crane
Diamond Mind = Riven Hourglass or Sleeping Goddess
Iron Heart = Scarlet Throne
White Raven = Golden Lion

Hope this helps!
>>
>>45369927
The PDF? I don't believe it's been updated yet since it was released. But it's still the most up to date source for the Mystic.
>>
>>45369915
>What are good spells for a ship's wizard to know?

Control Weather and Disintegrate are two really big ones.
>>
File: TOKUSENTAI.jpg (87 KB, 600x367) Image search: [Google]
TOKUSENTAI.jpg
87 KB, 600x367
So...

Ginyu is a beast-bonded witch is Recoome a Bloodrager?

I don't really see how you can do Guldo other than a wizard who only specialized in Time Stop as a SLA
>>
>>45369963
>is Recoome a Bloodrager?

Recoome is a Steelfist Commando.
>>
Is there any way to play a Kineticist that isn't gimped?
>>
>>45369919
25 pb, any paizo/DSP(though i'm unfamiliar with stuff outside ultpsi and PoW1+2)
other 3pp stuff would have to be on review from GM, but he did mention an interest in
SoP.
>>
>>45369961
Those are going to be a ways off for me. What about lower level spells?
>>
File: UBW.png (642 KB, 900x638) Image search: [Google]
UBW.png
642 KB, 900x638
>>45367630
>Fate/Stay Night

If you don't play EMIYA when your soulknife declares his actions, you're a bad DM.
>>
>>45369959
don't forget that discipline skills are a part of a class's skill list
>>
>>45369984
But Miracle Bomber!
>>
File: 51244649.jpg (19 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
51244649.jpg
19 KB, 300x200
>>45369941

>Best pirates are unrecognizable

Sorry, couldn't hear you over the fire in my facial hair-you were saying something about best pirates?
>>
>>45369901
Not sure, to be honest. Last time I GM'd was back in 3.0.
>>
>>45370015
Which EMIYA? There are like several remixes.
>>
Anybody have a pdf or png version of Kobold Press's New Path 8: The Trickster?
>>
>>45370064
kenji kawai best imo
>>
>>45367674
Ameiko Kaijitsu, Jade Empress, and wife of the Jade Prince of Minkai, Rising Star (his official title - he's a middle aged Aasimar Heavens Oracle).
>>
>>45370046
You can keep the facial hair, I'm just gonna cover everything up with MAGIC until they let us draw near, and then we jump 'em!
>>
>>45369691
Vigilante Stalker 3
Psychic Wizard 2
Bladecaster 10
Casting Progressing PRC 5
Use Stalker talent to pick up bind veil and etc.
Feats to get essence
Trait for practiced initiator
If you want full casting/psionics then convince your DM to let you use the Spellcaster Guild from ISM.
I would focus on counters and use the riven hourglass/eternal guardian/mithral current disciplines as your mains. Also pick up Eternal Hourglass feat.
>>
>>45370154
>Rising Star (his official title - he's a middle aged Aasimar Heavens Oracle).

That's such an Exalted name.
>>
>>45370012
talk to your GM about home brewing some changes to the class to make burn less awful
>>
>>45370418

>Adjective Noun
>Reference to celestial body
>Rising

Checks out.

>>45370154

Not bad taste, though.
>>
>>45370154
>Jade Prince of Minkai, Rising Star
Liam!?
>>
>>45370520
>Not bad taste, though.

>Ameiko
>Not bad taste

Kek.
>>
File: 6973b81egw1dqb5v6xgp4j.jpg (234 KB, 600x880) Image search: [Google]
6973b81egw1dqb5v6xgp4j.jpg
234 KB, 600x880
>>45367674

Let me tell you of the romance between my character and the character of another player.

He was an Elan Psychic Mage and Telepath, working towards early entry to Cerebremancer. Banned Enchantment and Necromancy, but was great at mindfucking anyway due to Telepathy. True Neutral, like many Elan he lived his life as a cultural nomad, drifting from society to society with no clear direction, merely collecting what wisdom he found in pursuance of his own self-betterment. An empty, ascetic life; his only real passion was to discover the workings of the world through his understanding of the interplay between psionic and arcane principles. He wasn't entirely sure what he was seeking beyond the fact that other Elan had similar practices - it was just that he had the vaguest of impulses, the sheer urge to do so. Every now and then, he got the feeling he was being followed, or perhaps chased, and likewise the urge to flee from whatever lifestyle he'd adopted overcame him, so he did.

Using his immortal lifespan, he spent years in a monastery dedicated to Iori, some working under a merchant prince, even more researching as a Psionicist at an arcane academy in a land foreign to him (Avistan - he originally came from Tian Xia), and more still in a mercenary brigade, so on and so forth. His ultimate reaction to all of these adopted lifestyles, though he kept it to himself, was consistent and singular: "This is stupid." People seemed to do so many irrational things, put their faith in so many ridiculous illusions that it was disheartening. He couldn't see a point in any of it.

So it happened that, during this dark period of his life where he was leaning towards Lawful Evil, he ended up tossed into jail for committing certain felonies. Though his spellbook and component pouch was confiscated from him, he still had his psionic powers ready at hand and was quite confident he could free himself. As he was planning his escape, however, she appeared.

(cont)
>>
If my players don't bother asking for knowledge rolls on monsters, should I bother to remind them that they get them?
>>
File: 1450237073273.jpg (385 KB, 1502x1700) Image search: [Google]
1450237073273.jpg
385 KB, 1502x1700
>>45370560

She was a Samsaran Cleric of Urgathoa working towards Agent of the Grave. A classic necromancer who summoned an undead legion and then hid behind Sanctuary while buffing and healing her minions to hell and back. Neutral Evil, she broke into the jail and made a grisly scene, her exotically decorated skeletal peons slaughtering numerous guards. To the Elan's surprise, the Samsaran had come to break him out. The Elan's life immediately became more interesting, beginning with her first words to him being some truly insane lines spoken in their native tongue that ended with something like, "I'll never let you leave my sight again."

And that's how their adventures together began. He honestly couldn't be overly annoyed by his newfound companion's impromptu rescue, out of her mind though she was. But as the game went on, and how relentlessly clingy to the point of obsession and outright violence the Samsaran really was became more and more apparent, the truth revealed itself to be much more complicated.

The Samsaran fancied herself an artist, delighted in creative expression, and, against the most fundamental strictures of Samsaran culture, possessed a morbid fascination with undeath. She had many bizarre eccentricities, such as dutifully painting and dressing her skelebros, performing nightly tea ceremonies, and, most peculiar of all, compulsively folding origami figurines. When asked about the latter hobby by a party member, she'd always give the same response: "If I could explain it to you in any meaningful sense, I would, and then we would both be enlightened."

(cont)
>>
File: 1422520400226.jpg (412 KB, 1898x1200) Image search: [Google]
1422520400226.jpg
412 KB, 1898x1200
So I just started recruiting players for a maybe odd style of game and I'd enjoy some feedback.
>all elf party
>spheres of power instead of the base vancian magic system
>level 2 / 25 point buy

Using Kyonin and the Tanglebriar as the basis of the setting, but ripping out nearly every other aspect of Golarion and tossing it. Expanding paizo's elven pantheon of gods with a few more based on Warhammer wood elf gods like Loec.
The elves also have a slightly more 'shoot first, ask questions never' attitude toward anything not of the forest coming into their borders.
The story will be character driven, though likely involving internal conflict and changing of the elven culture, and dealing with the external threats from the constant state of cold war with everything bordering the Fierani forest.

Also put out some survey stuff as my means of recruitment. It's all experimental since most of my games have been in person.

The link for those curious: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/40711/elves-of-the-fierani
>>
>>45370418
I can absolutely and with no deception intended say that I would have completely no idea what you are talking about, anon.

Honest.

Maybe.
>>
>>45370596
nudge them a little. Something like.. "you feels like you read about this monster before..."
>>
>>45370596

Maybe if the encounter is near the start of the session and they're fighting something new, give them a quick reminder. Otherwise, I think it's safe to assume they don't want to hear shit.
>>
> Be a tier 2 in party full of tier 4 and 5
Should I drop my current character and join them? Right now I'm carrying all the fight and I'm not sure if they other would enjoy attacking with their 1d4 (no str or power attack) dagger or not.
>>
>>45370614

You see, the Samsaran had totally rejected her race's cultural zeitgeist for her own personal reasons. Although the motive she first gave to my Elan for why she broke him out of prison was because she wanted his help attaining immortality like he had, my Elan quickly realized this was a falsehood. After all, the immortality granted to the Elan cost them their previous identity, a cost she absolutely rejected, and she would eventually attain her own means of immortality after reaching the Agent of the Grave capstone and becoming a vampire.

She was in fact so obsessed with maintaining her personal identity that, when she initiated herself into vampirism, the personalized ritual she used involved exsanguinating herself while gorging on enough vampire blood to replace what she'd lost, all the while clinging to her last scraps of consciousness for long enough to experience the exact moment of transition from life to undeath. This was to ensure the continuity of her consciousness. She used this memory much later into the game to initiate into the Society of Sensation. Indeed, she's so bogged down by personal attachments and worldly gratification that to call her a pariah among her people would be an understatement.

The Samsaran was like this and acted as she did because her past life was the wife of my character -before- his rebirth as an Elan. Long ago, he had been a psionic monk of Irori, she had incarnated to human parents and lived as a geisha, and the two of them had fallen madly in love. He underwent the Elan transformation ritual all to ensure that he and the Samsaran could be together in all of her proceeding incarnations. He was unaware of the consequences of doing so, however, as the Elan high council, seeing his potential as a psionicist, neglected to tell him the ritual's cost so he wouldn't have second thoughts about it.

(cont)
>>
>>45370015
Only if he chants.
>>
>>45370692

He disappeared after the transition and, when she finally found him again, she couldn't live with the revelation that he'd lost all memories of his previous life, of her, and wasn't remotely the same person anymore. In her next incarnation, she utterly rejected the principles of her people and ended up a cleric of Urgathoa (as she is a goddess who holds fulfillment of the self above all other virtues), found my character again, and began stalking him.

Folding origami figurines had been a meditative exercise of the Elan's past self. The reason she gave for her neurotic origami folding was the answer he gave to her back then word-for-word. She wanted, in her own way, to bridge the gap between them by reminding him of the only time when they truly connected, and that wouldn't have had any meaning unless he remembered on his own.

Her relationship with my character eventually led to him being excommunicated from the Elan conspiracy.

One time during a time skip later in the game, they disappeared for ten years. They actually had eloped to a secluded demiplane and essentially made wild, passionate, immortal love. As a vampire, she needed to occasionally drink his blood to survive, but could just immediately heal off the Con damage with restoration spells.

I date the girl who played the Samsaran to this day. ( ̄ー ̄)b
>>
>>45370687
If you are aware of the condition and situation, then it is possible to play under your Tier with some effort. Be a support character and make them feel good about doing their jobs.
>>
/pfg/ which class would benefit most from being given the abundant step class feature? Naturally it'd have to be a class with an expendable resource similar to Ki.
>>
>>45369915
Fog Cloud, Animate Rope (there is so much fucking rope on a ship), Jump (godly boarding), Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Water Breathing, Solid Fog, Mirage Arcana spring to mind.
>>
>>45369938
bara is for plebs.
>>
Oh /pfg/, I may need help.

The hell kind of feats should I be taking for an unchained rogue? I have Improved Initiative, and I'm using the Hidden Blade archetype. Level 3, so only one more feat to go. Should I waste the slot on Weapon Focus for my chosen Finesse Training weapon? Go with something a little less pointless?

Also I'm having trouble deciding if I want to specify daggers for finesse training, and have the River Rat trait (for +1 damage), or use a rapier for a wider crit range and the same net damage increase... Or, y'know, something else entirely.

Tl;dr rolling an unchained rogue, not familiar enough with the class. Is there common wisdom for one?
>>
What archetypes are there for the Stalker now? Not counting class templates.
>>
>>45370814
Stop denying your desire anon.
>>
>>45370851
Hidden Blade archetype? Do you have pfsrd link for it? What is your ability score?
>>
>>45370814

Everyone wants to sit in the lap of a strong man with large, rough hands and soft words.
>>
>>45370851
Use Estoc or Elven Curve Blade like a man and take Power Attack feat.
>>
>>45370930
PoW rogue.
>>
>>45370851
daggers are more versatile; you can TWF and throws daggers in a pinch. If you don't mind not having the wider crit range (which, for a rogue, isn't that important), go for river rat.

There's also the pharasma (iirc) obedience which can give you another +2 for daggers.
>>
>>45370930
It's in the good ol' playtest from DSP.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tbBIinA90VQW8eriM0TZTZCbHsSU6cdv7_44J8w564s/edit

In order, I have: 10/18/13/16/10/14

>>45370968
Great, anon, except that's spending a feat on a proficiency I don't otherwise have. Nor, you can see above, do I have the strength for PA.
>>
>>45370980
Obedience? Now I know I'm out of the loop; where would I find that at?
>>
>>45370980
>Pharasma

Boy, you're on the wrong side of the tracks.
>>
File: 1434171894603.jpg (293 KB, 707x1024) Image search: [Google]
1434171894603.jpg
293 KB, 707x1024
Lads, sell me on a Craft skill that, while useless, is an excellent time-waster and would make the character produce items that, while mechanically insignificant, can be considered very valuable items in fluff.

Craft (Calligraphy) feels like my best bet, but are there any Craft skills you'd argue are even danker?
>>
>>45371000
Obediences are daily worship to a god for bonuses. Dont think theyre on the SRD cuz fluff.
>>
>>45370788
Hmm.. My current character isn't build for casting support spell. But good idea anon, maybe I'll change to Brown Fur Transmuter and makes everyone into a dragon.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.