[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: shadowrun lineup.jpg (901 KB, 1488x994) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun lineup.jpg
901 KB, 1488x994
Connecting to JackPoint VPN...
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>Enter Passcode: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to < ERROR: NODE UNKNOWN >

Welcome back Omae

Previously viewed files:
>corpsandtheirlies.trid
>wageslaveloveslave2hd.sim
>theanarchistsgrimrore.txt

>Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
>Issue tracker: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues

'I read the core rulebook for the first time today and I'm already making a general thread' edition.

Previous Thread: >>45341136
>>
>>45360630
>'I read the core rulebook for the first time today and I'm already making a general thread' edition.

Reading it's one thing, understanding and remembering it is another.
>>
>>45360727
Of course. I'm only up to the character creation segment and I'm already kinda lost.
>>
>>45360788
Yeah, this is one of those things it is best to do with the aid of someone who has played before.
>>
>>45360727
>remembering it is another.

I've run this game for a fucking year now and sometimes complete forget rules we've had to use in the past if it has been more than a few months. There's just so many sometimes that are ultra specialized in their situations
>>
File: Mr. J.jpg (461 KB, 730x1000) Image search: [Google]
Mr. J.jpg
461 KB, 730x1000
>>45360817
>teach me, Danger-sensei!
>>
>>45360853
I've been wondering if perhaps be Shadowrun could stand some grognard removal and then could stand a pairing down of all the rules a bit....
>>
>>45360879
>group names
Do people actually have those? I can't think of anything good for my party, what do you all have?
>>
>>45361028
"The Chucklefucks"
>>
>>45360975
Yes, yes it could.
>>45361028
I've never had that, in any game.
>>
>>45360727
>>45360788
>>45360817

Whenever I have downtime I am constantly trying to learn something new about the system. Certain parts of the Matrix still annoy me, and I have yet to touch anything Astral, but I feel like I know enough where I can play at least.
>>
>>45360975
Nah, it's fine. Core concept is simple enough.
>>
File: raptor.png (22 KB, 559x419) Image search: [Google]
raptor.png
22 KB, 559x419
>tfw class I surge makes you into a glowing raptor
>>
How reasonable is making a defense die tank adept? ie: rolling 15-17 dice to defend most of the time.
>>
>>45361028
Probably most do not I think.
As close as we got was our group colloquially being called "the Verdant Crew" after this one particular job we had.
>>
>>45361195
High reaction/intuition, improved reflexes 2/3, agile defender, improved physical attribute (rea)
Not super hard and high defense is good.
>>
>>45361145
What did you use to generate the random SURGE? Was tempted to fuck around with class 1/2 surge a bit, but couldn't find an easy generator anywhere.
>>
>>45361195
Risky. Surprise and shitty rolls will fuck you up.
>>
File: 1403925355850.jpg (141 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
1403925355850.jpg
141 KB, 700x900
Requesting the rules for that really shit in-lore ares gun
>>
File: angryturtle.png (24 KB, 553x416) Image search: [Google]
angryturtle.png
24 KB, 553x416
>>45361273
SURGEn, it's in the pastebin, also the mediafire, under 5e
It doesn't "follow" the surge rolling rules (mostly because the rolling rules themselves are shiftily edited) so it just uses a basic RNG
It also has language options
>>
>>45361287
Surprise is a Rea+Int roll, so if you have good defense, you'll have good surprise as well.
>>
>>45361418
Plus Combat sense, which gives a flat +1 defense die as well, has you take a perception test before a surprise situation. Success means you get the benefit of being alerted, further increasing the chance you get out more easily.
>>
So what powers are worth a shit on Gun Adept?
>>
>>45361418
Yes, and?

>>45361484
Not everyone is an adept.
>>
>>45361506
First post was talking about adepts, so I assumed that's what we were still discussing.
>>
>>45361506
If you've got 5 Rea and 5 Int and 2 levels of lightening reflexes that's 12 dice for a 3 threshold test, you can simply buy hits to pass it.
>Not everyone is an adept
Yeah, but the poster in question mentioned making an adept defense die tank.
Having an extra die in defense is a lot better than having an extra die in say, armour.
>>
>>45361506
read >>45361195
>defense die tank adept
>>
Quick napkin chargen for a dodging adept
>Rea 6
>Int 5
>6PP
>Improved Reflexes 3
>Improved Phys Attribute (Rea)
>Combat Sense (3 ranks)
For a final Rea of 10, Int of 5, and bonus dodge of 3 for 18 dice on defense tests and 15 on surprise tests.
>>
>>45361788

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voQD3_FPb2w
>>
>>45361828
If you want you could add Agile defender onto that for another 5 dice (assuming an Agi of 5)
Actually, it'd probably be better to have a Rea of 9, dropping the improved phys for two ranks of combat sense instead, for 19 dice on dodge tests (24 if you go full defense with 5 agi) and a base init of 14+3d6
>>
>>45361582
No, you cannot buy hits on such a roll since there are major consequences for failing.
>>
>Technically unavailable to me. I'm limited to Availability 10
On the previous thread's AV10 game limit vs simrig's AV12 ... get it used or omega grade.
>>
>>45361914
There's nothing in the rules about "major consequences for failing" stopping you from buying hits, only if there is a "large chance of a glitch or crit glitch that would have a major affect on the course of the game" and rolling 8 1s in 15 dice is by no definition "a large chance".
In addition, the adept will probably have points in perception and may or may not have a +3 bonus, the chances of falling to hit 3 times with 15 (or 18) dice are quite low, low enough to not really be considered "risky"
>>
>>45362006
Sure thing, buddy. Next you'll be buying hits on attack and dodge rolls...
>>
>>45362064
I mean, there's nothing that says you can't.
Even if you don't, the average dodge hits someone with 19 dice will average 6 hits (defense penalties non-withstanding, but they will still probably get 3 even if they are being fired upon full auto)
>>
File: Horizon Wannabe.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Horizon Wannabe.pdf
1 B, 486x500
I'm almost done with my character now, just fiddling around with my options. It was a little rough starting out, but I like where she's at now.

She's a perky, flamboyant wannabe trideo star who's recording her shit as she dips her toes into the shadows, trying to become famous and maybe get some Horizon sponsorship. I'm not entirely sure how she got all her money, but I'm thinking of taking "born rich" as being literal. I'm planning to eventually get Fame, and probably Burnout's Way if the game gets to a point where I can get that much Karma. I'm thinking about taking a 1 Essence hit (or maybe .75) and starting out with a bit of Cyberware. I'm also still trying to figure out what to do with my Adept Powers.

Either way, she's a razorgirl on her way to pink mohawk stardom. Filming her runs and spending time editing and enhancing them, making it look as professional as possible.

>"If you enjoyed the trideo, be sure to like, share, and subscribe! And if you're really jonesing for something special, donate to my patreon and you can get an exclusive sim of me trying out my new cybercock on that cutey from the Stuffer Shack! My heart was still pounding from that botched milk run. Exciting stuff, all for loyal fans!"

>>45361962
What's the difference between Used and Omega? Chummer says Omega's cheaper on the Essence, but that's about it. Not sure which book would have that, either.
>>
>>45361288
you mean the excalibur? did they even make rules for that or was it just an in-joke?
>>
>>45362234
Omega is "It's cheaper on essence but has a unique penalty"
For example, Cybereyes that can only see in thermographic, or Wired Reflexes that never "turn off" so you're always super twitchy
Essentially it's ware with bugs
>>
>>45362323
Fun. The ST was suggesting I could buy a cheap simrig that was -20% but had some sort of "flaw". Just going with a Used Implant seems fine, though. I'll be able to deal with the larger Essence hit when I get Burnout's Way, and I can also replace the implant itself eventually. Plus I'm losing a full point of Magic even if I take .01 Essence, so it's not a big deal.
>>
File: omegaware.png (176 KB, 391x318) Image search: [Google]
omegaware.png
176 KB, 391x318
>>45362234
>What's the difference between Used and Omega? Chummer says Omega's cheaper on the Essence, but that's about it. Not sure which book would have that, either.
Chrome Flesh. Omegaware is basically trading the essence cost of Used ware for a flaw in the cyberware design.
>>
>>45362234
Just gonna let you know that it's probably cheaper to just initiate then to pay the karma for burnouts way.
Initiating raises your maximum magic by 1 (so if you have 5.4 essence your max magic would be 6 instead of the normal 5), you still need to pay karma for it, but when you initiate you get a bonus option, and one of the bonus options for adepts is a free power point instantly.
So you could initiate once (or even twice) to counteract the essence loss for 10 + level of initiation x 3 karma (13 first time, 16 second time, etc) instead of paying 15 karma and having to have lost 2 essence previously for a small essence loss discount on other things
>>
File: Ghoul infiltrator.jpg (304 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ghoul infiltrator.jpg
304 KB, 1920x1080
How does one go about making a ghoul infiltrator?
>>
>>45361288
Ares Exclaibur. It's in Storm Front, but I don't have that on my laptop. From memory it's a 1-in-6 every time you pull the trigger that the gun overheats, drops a mag, doesn't fire, reboots the smartlink or fires normally.
>>
how should I deal with new pc's getting the old pc's gear?

last week the party's rigger and along two others died now the rigger in question wants to make a new rigger but also wants grab all his stuff from the street sam who was the old riggers roommate. Honestly I don't really like the idea of it but I wanted ask her if I'm just over reacting

>TL;DR rigger wants his old gear what do
>>
>>45362610
Charismatic ghoul with some quality masks and disguise kit to cover their grey and gross skin
>>
What are some general things a runner should always have on them? Thanks to DnD, all I can think of is a 10 foot pole, rope, and camping gear.
>>
>>45362510
The math in this game is so fiddly. Also, I apparently misread or misremembered Burnout's Way. I thought it was just a flat "you are better at cyberware" thing.

Hrm. Time to rethink things. I'd thought I'd be able to buy into that when I could afford stuff like Orthoskin. Still, there are a few cybernetics I want for fluff or gimmick reasons. Like ̶a̶ ̶c̶y̶b̶e̶r̶g̶e̶n̶i̶t̶a̶l̶i̶a̶ a simrig. Dermal Plating might also be good.

>>45363144
Watch Leverage and take notes.
>>
>>45363169
Our first session is tomorrow, I don't really have time to watch a TV series.
>>
>>45363042
As a GM: I wouldn't allow it. Next time a character dies, they will want to do it again, and again, and again... . So: the roommate has been shot, the place ransacked. Or the roommate has sold the stuff for a shit price to for drugs, the stuff is already in $shithole (maybe Chicago?) and roomie threw a party where the drugs where used up.
>>
>>45363144
- Commlink
- SIN/Licenses
- (unsuspicious) Armor
- (unsuspicious) weapon (maybe nonlethal)
- handful of credsticks
>>
>>45363144
Open up Run and Gun, and scroll down to the Runner's kits. They're a pretty good example of shit for general preparedness.
>>
>>45363286
What about a rope and gas mask?
>>
>>45363184
Shame. It's a good series. Also, fake ID, credstick, basic breaking and entering gear. Flashlight, crowbar, guns, ammo, armour, Comms.

Just grab Chummer and look through the Street Gear listings.

>>45363042
>>45363262
Pretty sure the roommate is a surviving player. Also, I honestly see no problem with it. Why would you be worried about it? It's a perfect excuse to not worry about how much money a new character coming into the game umpteen sessions in should get, or even how much Karma.

Hell, that could even be the reason the new Rigger joined up.
>"Rigger wanted for semi-permanent position. Free drones, slightly used"
>>
>>45361028
My last group was "The B-Team", because you only called them when you couldn't afford the A-team.
>>
>>45363042
Chargen money is not actual money, you didn't actually "buy" any of your things (unless that's your backstory, of course), it's a limit on how many things you can start the game with. If he wants his last character's gear, he can buy at chargen.

Of course, if a new character is joining an established team, having him play with standard chargen resources can be a bit much, it can be a huge step back. You could always give him the team's "career karma" (the sum of all karma rewards attained so far) as a bonus, and let him exchange it for money as he sees fit.
>>
>>45361107
Don't worry, here's everything you need to know about the astral:
Mages can project into the astral
can also look into the astral
when in astral, you can only affect other things that are in or looking into the astral
dual natured critters are in both astral and material worlds
Astral combat is a useless skill, just use stunbolt
>>
>>45363309
Thanks, I'll go read up on that now.
>>45363330
I'll watch it but there's not enough time to watch a bunch of episodes between now and tomorrow but I can probably digest a fair amount by next week's session.
>>
>>45363144
On you at all times:
>SIN/ID/licenses
>Commlink
>Legal weapon of some kind
For runs:
>Weapon of some kind, both with non-lethal and fuck your shit ammunitions
>Rope
>Gasmask
>Flashlight/night vision
>Armour
>Medkit
>Trauma patches
>Burner commlink
>Crowbar
>Maglock passkey/sequencer/autopicker
>Explosives
>>
>>45363337
Dammit. That's actually a p.good joke.
>>
>>45362064
Buys hits is allowed because it's below average rolls. On average, 1 out of 3 dice will be a 5 or 6. You trade in dice at a rate of 1 hit to 4 dice.

Plus, as GM, I do it all the time for goons. Keeps the action focused on the players.
>>
>>45363362
Generally if someone dies I let them do chargen with all the career karma of the PCs and bonus nuyen equal to how much one of the PCs would have made from their share of the runs (so if a 5th player joins/someone dies in a 4 player group and each character in that group has gotten 20k nuyen from their runs with the party, the new character gets 20k nuyen as well)
>>
>>45363330
Admittedly, I just give the player extra cash and karma (average of the others, rounded down to full tens/tenthousands) to build their character (Availability limits apply, extra Karma must be spent after standard creation). Evens the odds for new players without rewarding them for joining late/dying.

>tfw the fever has risen in the evening and I had to correct there to they're to their
>fucking VITAS
>>
>>45363467
>>45363488
I pretty much do this.
The players "punishment" for dying is not being able to play their old character anymore, no need to also put them behind the rest of the group mechanically.
>>
>>45363311
No need for rope but a high rating respirator is always good. People wear them outside all the time.
>>
>>45363042
You could always ask the street sam player how much/what of the gear they want to fence. The original rigger doesn't really have much say, he's dead after all, and while he could hang on to some of it, what're the chances (in world) of getting another rigger before rent's due?

Besides, most riggers come with their own drones, and daddy needs a new cyberarm.
>>
>>45363522
>no need for rope
What if you need to hog tie a guard?
Or what if you need to hog tie a civilian?
Or hog tie one of your team members?
I feel the option to hog tie things is very helpful in surprisingly large amount of situations.
>>
>>45363443
They actually recorded an a capella version of the theme on someone's phone...and found out no one knows how it goes after the first 20 seconds.
>>
>>45363571
What about if you need to hog tie a hog?
>>
>>45363627
Now let's not go crazy anon.
>>
>>45363571
I prefer zip-ties for tying someone up since they're a lot easier to carry/store but rope is good for other things as well.
>>
>>45360975
could use some simplification in places. But I like the core concept of cyberpunk meets urban fantasy.
>>
>>45363522
>No need for rope
Always need for rope. Rapelling, helping the decker climb over stuff, tying double door handles together for a quick lock, tying up people, lassoing the extraction target, and monofiliment rope makes a real good trap that's easy to set up.
>>
>>45363571
Surely that's what cable ties are for.
>>
File: drive to the 80s.jpg (1 MB, 2551x1596) Image search: [Google]
drive to the 80s.jpg
1 MB, 2551x1596
>>45363144
gasmask, survival gear, at least 3 burner commlinks and a normal commlink (or a PDA if you're in the 2050s) Live Ammo, Less Than Lethal Ammo, a knife, some means of stunning an enemy in close combat. AR glasses and Gloves/AR implants...
>>
>>45363522
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRxvC3nV_ho
>>
>>45363144
Open up Run and Gun, go to the Pack Your Kit section. Buy the Advanced Runner Kit, then get like 100 Nuyen worth of Plastic Restraints and a small bag of Rating 1 Fake SINs, as well as as a fuckton of licences for everything you own with an R in the availability code to match the rating of your SINs.
>>
>>45361028

Thanks to our face's Harrison Ford obsession, we're "The Blade Runners," which is actually pretty badass.
>>
>>45363701
>Always need for rope.
On a daily basis?
>>
>>45363951
Weren't hired cyberpunk mercenaries called "Edge Runners" in CP2020?
Somehow I never made that connection.
>>
>>45363515
>>45363488
Honestly, I've never had a player die in any game I've run, and the only time another player died in a game I was in was because they were player killed for starting shit. Twice. I'll give people who join up late the exact experience as everyone else.

Why bother keeping the guy's drones on lock or throwing them out? Just don't worry about it. I mean, what's the harm of the rigger getting a few drones?

>>45363562
I'd say pretty good. I mean... you're gonna want a new Rigger for the rent. No sense letting that junk go to waste. Put out an ad for someone who can pilot drones and is willing to risk their life doing stupid illegal shit.
>>
>>45363387
fite me fgt 1v1 i'll rek u swer on me mum

any mage throwing decent dice behind a weapon focus in astral space is absolutely deadly. these are people who will be able to go toe to toe with spirits, and win.
>>
>>45365410
NEED:
ROOMIE, MUST LIKE TROG ROCK AND BE CAPABLE OF OPERATING COMBAT DRONES

HAVE 2 CUSTOMIZED DALMATIANS WITH LMG'S AND TRACKING AUTOSOFTS AND ONE ROTODRONE WITH AN ASSAULT RIFLE

NO FAT CHICKS
>>
>>45361028
My players call themselves The Masquerade 'cause they all wear masks
>>
>>45363601
>forgetting that awesome guitarry middle eight

Absolutely haram.
>>
>>45364861

Yep. I definitely like the term Blade Runner better, though.
>>
>>45361028
Thanks to our face deciding he's a pirate (and in charge) for no particular reason we are becoming more and more pirate themed as a group. It's mostly just dumb jokes like saying we should load a blimp with rows of assault cannons to fire broadsides.
>>
does 4th edition have any books that address anything religious and/or occult?
>>
>>45363387
>>45365412
I assume this is also true for an adept with the Astral Perception power (which makes them dual-natured while perceiving) and a focus weapon?
>>
>>45366173
street magic covers the religious traditions like Christian Theurgy, Kabbilism, Voodoo, Shamanism and such.
>>
>>45366325
i probably should have said that im also playing 5th. however im looking more for fluff about it. anything for 5th though?
>>
>>45366325
Hard Targets has quite a lot of info on Vodoo, I think.
>>
>>45366350
5th also has a street magic book, I haven't gone through it in detail yet so I can't comment on it. In general you want to take a look at the mage player's handbooks for every edition for little tidbits.

>>45366390
haven't gotten to that one yet, noted.
>>
One of my players is considering running an AI, does anyone have any advice on houserules so I can make that process more pleasant for him? The AI rules as they exist in 5th are... a bit of a clusterfuck.
>>
>>45366422
ah. so im guessing religions arent really a thing in shadowrun then? i understand it can happen but the only example i know of with no knowledge of it is returns cult twist.
>>
>>45366459
no Religions are a thing. But Your Mind Makes It Real has been a thing in Shadowrun since 1st Ed when it comes to magic and every major world religion actually has some magical traditions if you look hard enough. Plenty of churches and temples and mosques and devout people out there in the 6th world.
>>
>>45366459
Uh, wait what? Are you under the impression that there are no religious insitutions in SR? Because if so you are very much mistaken.
There are crazy cults, yes, but various churches are still going strong as well.
>>
>>45366350
Street Grimoire. Has a lot of the same material as street magic but without an editor with a working brain so it is somehow harder to read despite being the same damn shit.

Street Grimoire is the nadir of bad 5e editing, everything after that is better (even if with Data Trails it was close).
>>
>>45366497
in my defence, most of my shadowrun knowledge in terms of fluff is from the harebrained games. i just couldnt imagine religion being a big thing. im very interested in correcting my ignorance of such. religions in fiction intrigue me.
>>
>>45366529
It is no less than it is irl, with probably more people just spiritual in a loose sense of believing in spirits and magic because that is literally verifiable and you might know someone who can shoot fireballs.

I think Christianity has lost a lot of numbers to regional faiths, but is still one of the big global ones and everything you know from real life is still there in probably close numbers.
>>
>>45366592
if thats the case then im interested in exactly how they managed to survive THAT long. maybe im just thinking too much into it. thanks for the info though. including the other anons who replied to me.
>>
>>45366529
The shadowrun PC games mostly handle shadows and corporate life though. Religion doesn't factor into those so much unless, maybe, you're with the Azzies.

Speaking of Harebrained Schemes, what choice did everyone make at the end of the bonus campaign?
>>
>>45366656
i pre-ordered hong kong and still havent finished it. i dont even remember why i dropped it.
>>
>>45366529
religion is a big fucking deal in shadowrun. Feng Shui? That shit actually works. Animism? Yeah you can call up spirits to do shit for you. Christian Magi? They can call down motherfucking angels as spirits. Jewish Kabbalists? They can use sacred fucking mathematics to alter reality.

Religion is a big deal in shadowrun if you're a mage.
>>
File: Universal Brotherhood.gif (3 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
Universal Brotherhood.gif
3 MB, 500x282
>>45366656
Dead Man's Switch was all about religion.
>>
>>45366725
i didnt even think of that. that shits dope.
>>45366744
it was in the most occult of ways, when i started this conversation i was thinking more of general religions like christianity, islam, juadaism, etc.
>>
>>45366744
It was about crazy-cult-tier reilgion, yes. It was also super boring.
>>
>>45366784
I liked it until around the end. And I kind of got annoyed when I found out that Dead Man's Switch took place in Shadowrun's "past" and the whole mess with Chicago. It felt like I didn't really accomplish anything.

Although it did explain the Chicago poster in Coyote's room. I knew about Chicago, but didn't put two and two together about the time frame.
>>
>>45366826
Doesn't it very early on tell you the date is, like, 20 51?
>>
>>45366826
Eh. I loved Dragonfall and HK, but DMS was the sort of game that I closed down for the day, intending to pick it up the next, and then never felt like doing so. The most dissappointing type of game imho.
>>
Any tips for building/playing a dangerous AI adversary NPC?
>>
What's a good rating cap on items for runners that are starting off as basic amateur runners?
>>
Are there any places for pickup games that are open to beginners?
>>
Grenade launchers with contact fuses seem absolutely broken in 5e if you can consistently get 3 successes when firing to avoid scatter, especially since they fire SA and not SS so you can SA burst them.

Is there something I'm missing here? 11 stun for your average cheapo pepper punch being totally spammable seems ridiculous.
>>
>>45366848
Maybe. But I'm not familiar with Shadowrun, so I wouldn't know what the dates meant.

>>45366867
I actually liked it. I was interested in the whole "avenge your partner's death" thing. I just didn't care all that much for the bug stuff, which felt soooort of tacked on? Not completely, but kind of.

>>45367186
Well, Street Level is a thing (though according to the thread a bad thing). Set a cap of 10 or so, though.
>>
>>45367186
Standard availability of 12 works.
>>
>>45367186
Keep in mind that if all you do is put a lower cap on item availability, it's not going to hit awakened characters as bad - so you'll end up with a party of neutered mundanes and beginner street sams, but more experienced/talented mages and adepts.
>>
>>45367294
>>45367364
>>45367374
I was totally about to put a cap of 5 on them, good thing I asked first. I just didn't want someone to have the ultra minigun that can take down something like a Mars Pattern Baneblade tank while starting off and making everything I throw at them seem trivial. Fuck DMing a game that you've never even played before, this shit is hard.
>>
>Complain any time /srg/ suggests I download a book for one little piece of information

>See neat sounding things in Chummer
>Download a whole book for one tiny piece of information
I have poor impulse control. This is why my hard drive is filled with books I'll never read, images I'll never look at, and movies I'll never watch...

>>45367425
Honestly, just look over their sheet and see if you want them to not have something. It's within your rights to say something isn't available. Also keep in mind that R means you need a license and F means you need a DOUBLE LICENSE and probably just straight up can't have it unless you go outside the law.

Availability is mostly used for figuring out how much effort you need to put into finding something on the black market, which is I think an Ettiquette test?
>>
Is there a way to be effective Jack-of-all-trade in Shadowrun?

I wants to try a little bit of everything on my first character and see whether I like matrix,astral or meatspace the better.
>>
>>45367562
Not really. It goes against the entire point of the game - you're hired as specialists and work in a team. If you're a generalist then either you'll be some nebulous vague support entity with no real reason to hire except as an extra body, or you're trying to be lone wolf 2edgy4u.
>>
>>45367562
It can be, but you have to be careful to not simply end up master-of-none. Overlapping roles are better than true JOATs.

>>45367637
OTOH, specialist teams are blatantly fucked as soon as a specialist goes down before doing their job.
>>
What would be the cost for Cosmetic surgery to get a girl penis? I don't want a robot one.

>>45367562
Adept with Skillsofts, maybe.
>>
>>45359188
>point
>point
>We have a rigger and I figured intuition was more useful
>security armor would require restricted gear
>What is listed +6 from various limb armor enhancements?
>point, though I prefer APDS
>I just buy ten clips worth of whatever I plan on using
>How many die would you suggest? I have 8 (7 +1 from attention coprocessor)
>why aluminum bone lacing?
>First thing I plan on buying, but yeah point
>>
>>45367562
High edge, high attributes, and some core useful skills that you're good at (6 ranks) so you don't just come across as a master of nothing. Be a Sam/infil/whatever foremost, and go JOATing on the side. Always on the side.
>>
>>45367562
Jack would probably spread you too thin. But you could probably pull of being pretty good at two things other runners are great at.

Like >>45367820 says, having a backup isn't a bad idea, if you don't mind being overshadowed most of the time.

And every team can use more competent gunslingers.
>>
>>45367945
>spoiler
Your soul and the respect of the group. Most groups, anyway.
>>
>>45368295
Not this one!
>>
>>45366656

I chose to burn down the warehouse, but then Duncan left and it made me sad. I let him get the kill shot on evil cop lady, isn't that enough?

Personally I didn't really enjoy the extension. I felt the original ending was superior and the extension didn't really bring much to the table.
>>
>>45363337
Funnily enough, I'm in a session right now where my DM was able to integrate both our primary and secondary parties in. They are the A and B teams respectively, the latter mainly being because of the same exact reason as yours. They suck.
>>
>I want to be a theif
>You mean like a stealth class?
>No, like someone that steals a bunch of stuff to make extra cash.
>Did you even read the fucking book? Do you even know what this game is about?
>No, I'm not much of a lore guy
These are the kind of people I'm stuck playing with.
>>
>>45367251
So I'm assuming that's a no?...
>>
>>45368520
Goddamn, that must be painful. Have you tried pointing out to him that literally everyone is a thief in Shadowrun? Or that the crimes you're being hired to commit are so much worse than theft that being charged for said theft would be like taking Charles Manson to court over a jaywalking charge? Jesus.
>>
>>45368621
I had to explain that this was like Payday and Ocean's 11. You're a team and each person fills a role in order to achieve the objective which is quite often theft but almost certainly illegal in some manner other than just plain murder.
>>
>>45368655
How did they react? I assume reasonably but some people are idiots and fun to hear about
>>
>>45368592
Not really, no. There are a couple of reddit groups running a living campaign, but they're not the best place for a newbie for various reasons. Roll20's got such a GM-Player count discrepancy that you'll get forty applications if you advertise a single spot open. Most of us who GM for it would rather run a campaign for people we know and such, given how much effort typically needs to be put in.
>>
>>45368520
Murder them
The corpses will make better players
>>
>>45368910
Just the usual surprise. Typical mindset of someone that's only played DnD, they think they're playing a game where they become big legendary heroes that go from killing rats to killing planar overlords over the course of time.
>>
>>45368348
I liked the underwater base side-mission. I thought that was cool. And I enjoyed murdering Krait, but other than that I preferred the original ending, too.
>>
>>45363144
Audio and vision enhancers,3 extra dice on almost all perception tests for like 3k total. Some of the easiest and cheapest dice in the game.
>>
>>45368520
Almost fucking wet myself.
>>
>>45369230
Better prepare yourself, tomorrow night we're playing. I feel like this group of tards is going to being about some pretty interesting stories.
>>
>>45365412
Spirits are big bitches with the changes to damage and armor scaling in 5e that have left mystic armor and normal weapon immunity in the dust.
>>
File: 2340376.jpg (713 KB, 695x900) Image search: [Google]
2340376.jpg
713 KB, 695x900
>Simrig (Used)
>Datajack
>Smartlink
>>Imagelink
>Retractable Fangs
>Orthoskin 2

Good use of my 1 Essence?
Do I need an additional gland for my fangs, or can I basically just suck some Bliss? I actually have .05 Essence left that I could fill up.

I also have 1 PP worth of Adept Powers to take:
>Improved Reflexes 2, Skate, Combat Sense
Might also take Wall Running, but I'm not sure. Some other 1pp power might catch my attention.
>>
>>45367945
.01 Essence and a couple thousand Yen usually.
>>
>>45369452
That is assuming we're talking human proportions.
>>
>>45367945
2.000 nY and .25 essence for a standard grade cyber genitals. trade one cost up to take the other one down as per standard
10,000 nY and between 0 essence and .5 (depending on if your GM rules it a sex change or a 'severe bodysculpting') to get a proper bio sculpted one.
>>
>>45369447
Not sure if wal running is going to be a hell of a lot of help for you, buddy. How about Commanding Voice? It's can be real useful.
>>
>>45369452
>>45369471
I actually went with Moderate Biosculpting Modification (Male Genitalia) for 500Â¥, but it should really be a half cost Reproductive Replacement (according to "Kat o' Nine Tails" it's half cost for modifications), but honestly at that point I might as well get the robocock cheaper, and THAT can hold [1].

>>45369500
Like I said, getting new junk is actually only 8000Â¥.

>>45369525
Why wouldn't Wall Run be useful? Maybe I've played too much Assassin's Creed/Prince of Persia, but it seems schway.

Commanding Voice seems cool, but it doesn't seem to be mind control or anything, which is what I'd want.

Of course, I could not worry about a cybercock and instead take Body Sculpt for 1 PP. Which book is BLB? Bullets and Bandages is my guess.

I'm also unsure whether an Attribute Boost is or isn't effective.
>>
Someone tell me an entertaining story from one of their past sessions. I got so bored that I went on /b/ for some reason.
>>
>>45369735
Firstly, how many walls will you be running up? I mean, maybe this is just a personal thing but my group has never tried to run up walls. Even if you do need to scale a bunch of walls it's still less useful than, say, rope, because if you read the rules, you need to find ledges or similar surfaces to rest on if you can't scale the wall in one go. If there are no such ledges, you fall off, whether you reached as far as you wanted or not. It sounds cool but it just isn't very good, much in the same way as dual-wielding or technomancers.
>>45369799
>went on /b/
Christ, man.
>>
>>45369860
I don't know why I did. Looked at the catalog for about 30 seconds then closed the tab out, I still feel dirty.
>>
>>45369860
Maybe you'd run up walls more if you had the ability. I also wasn't planning on going vertical as much as horizontal. Run across a wall to get behind someone, get over a gap, that kind of thing. Might actually be cooler than Skate.

And after all I want to look good on trideo.
>>
>>45370067
No doubt I would, but I DO doubt that I'd have the better character for it.
Well, we have once again reached this impasse. I'd say that neither of those are very good powers, but it's your character and you aren't playing in an optimized group, so you could get away with it.
Do what your heart tells you is right, anon. You'll be fine.
>>
File: Caitlyn.jpg (118 KB, 800x686) Image search: [Google]
Caitlyn.jpg
118 KB, 800x686
>>45369447
>not taking Boobs 2.0

You deserve whatever bad things that happen to your PC.
>>
File: 1848122.jpg (665 KB, 568x800) Image search: [Google]
1848122.jpg
665 KB, 568x800
>>45370123
Well, how do you feel about Attribute Boost?

>>45370137
>Cowtits
I don't even like League, I just love Jinx's look
>>
>>45370152
Attribute Boost is good, I guess, but it's also pretty boring. I always tried to use my adept powers on things it was difficult to replicate without Magic, so things like Traceless Walk and Commanding Voice and so forth. (My best adept was an infiltrator). I then used an essence point of augmentations to boost my attributes and get some other cool stuff too, but I had substantially more resources to play with than you do.
You also need TWO attributes at really high levels, so you might want some more boosts, I guess.
>>
File: Cyberpunk Punk.jpg (140 KB, 1024x1746) Image search: [Google]
Cyberpunk Punk.jpg
140 KB, 1024x1746
>>45370152
Ok, real talk.

Orthoskin is generally not the best use of money and essence. It's better than dermal armour, but that's not saying much.

Just save the nuyen and get something in play. Having the essence and money to get something that ticks your fancy later is better than getting poor ware at chargen.
>>
>>45370307
Gah? Really? It was a better value than Mystic Armour...
>>
Anybody know where in SR5 it states the armor value/type for spirits? I've heard it's 2xForce hardened armor, but I can't find it in this mess of a book.
>>
File: Cyber police.jpg (254 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
Cyber police.jpg
254 KB, 900x1273
>>45370378
It is. But Mystic Armour much like Dermal Armour sucks.

I have a sneaking suspicion they just ported over the 4e values while neglecting facts like changes in the way damage works.

Guns do more damage and an armour jacket which was 4-5 armour in 4e is now 12 armour in 5e.
>>
If your GM allows for cyberware hacking, is it better to go with vision implants instead of full cybereyes?

It would seem to me that someone could just put a black overlay on your vision if you've got any regardless.
>>
>>45368102
>>45367820
>>45368274
Thanks. Maybe I'll go mage with some hacking skill on the side.
>>
>>45370444
It's covered by their Immunity to Normal weapons, part of the Immunity critter power on page 397.
>>
>>45370485
I just want as much armour as I can get while naked for as little Essence as possible.
>>
>>45370516
Forgot to add: Immunity to Normal Weapons is part of the Materialization power.
>>
>>45370444
Materialization power grants them Immunity to Normal Weapons, which confers Hardened Armour equal to double the spirit's Essence.
>>45370486
Just run them without wireless on.
>>
>>45370547
>>45370516
>>45370641
Thank you, was wondering how a Monowhip weapon focus would deal with spirits. It seems the answer is "very well".
>>
>>45370152
>Well, how do you feel about Attribute Boost?
It's cheap if you only buy 1 rank, less reliable than other means of getting augmented agility, and doesn't stack with anything. Also cheap.
>>
>>45370754
Even a regular mundane one does well thanks to the impressive AP. You'd need to run into a F10+ Spirit to see it become ineffective.
>>
>>45370152
>Well, how do you feel about Attribute Boost?

Marginally better than drugs thanks to no addiction roll, (and even then, it depends on the adept), but overall inferior to the permanent solutions.

Good candidate to get a Qi Focus for the rank 1 of the attribute(s) you need and keep the PP for powers you'll get more mileage out.
>>
File: Wester Acq and Recon.png (151 KB, 512x307) Image search: [Google]
Wester Acq and Recon.png
151 KB, 512x307
>>45361028

WAR

Western Acquisitions and Reconnaissance

Props to Aurora for coming up with the design.
>>
>>45369447

Is that a picture of Sonata?
>>
>>45372010
No it is not.
>>
File: 2DShadowrun.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
2DShadowrun.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45369799
>>
>>45372534
There's a better version of this that has additional chapters and better formatting. If anyone has it, please post it so I can update my copy!
>>
Does anyone know where to find a pdf of the Seattle 2072 book?
>>
>>45372623

It's in the pastebin, like almost every other book.
>>
>>45372660
That it is, couldn't find it at first. Now I'm just a chump.
>>
>>45371931
WAR, huh? What is it good for?
>>
>>45373606
Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>45373656
You can say that agian.
>>
One of my players has decided to step outside their usual comfort zone of "huge smashy motherfucker", and is rolling up a rather interesting character. Basically he's a former Shiawase wageslave who ended up getting really into personafixes because he hates himself his real personality is a Japanese sarariman version of patrick bateman . He got skillwires installed, and started matching personas with skills, so when he slots his Rambo persona, it comes with automatics 3, navigation 1, archery 2, or whatever. He's planning on being the face, so most of his actual skills will be in that, with some others as he sees fit.

Now, this sounds like an awesome character, and I want to work with it, but he wants to take an addiction to the personafixes, which, given how frequently he wants to use them (switching multiple times per day), will lead to burnout REAL quick. What might be a good way to deal with the addiction without killing the character concept?
>>
>>45374104
There are qualities and genetic treatments that lessen the chance of the addiction getting worse quite a bit. Narco is one of them.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n793a2mMAI1qjyt7z.png (115 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n793a2mMAI1qjyt7z.png
115 KB, 500x500
Storytime? This is how the best part of the last mission happened after the mission. I, as the GM, had to improvise everything, dice did the rest. Pure pink mohawk, by the way.

> group has to go undercover in a corp office, act as wageslaves for a few days
> a few days later boss wants to speak with the troll, he fucked up
> troll has to get a corp-sponsored omega cyberware to help him, he's just too fucking stupid
> troll thinks "fuck yeah!"
> gets ware installed, Logic +1 free of charge
> few days later jobs over, target aquired, time to get outta here
> Troll player finally gets paranoid: "i can't just run away with it, can i?"
> during debriefing wants decker to scan his head
> motherfucking RFID spy chip in this motherfucking head
> werefucked.bmp
> Decker finds out it sends GPS data to some corp node every 30 minutes
> Corps gonna look after it's property!
> Decker can't crack it, just finds its loaction and scrambles the signal
> we have to operate! stat!
> their go-to street doc is shady as fuck, also is out for the night
> "we do it ourselves!"
> who of you guys wants to do it?
> "i'll find some info on the trix!"
> gnome girl uses skillwire subscription to aquire medical knowledge for fucking brain surgery, no biggie
> where do you guys wanna operate?
> "we take the bdsm dungeon!"
> their house got turned into a simsense porn studio recently by their fixer/landlord
> don't ask
> what tools are you guys gonna use?
> "we only have kitchen and bdsm utilities..."
> how do you guys wanna anesthetize?
> "i'll give him some random drugs i found in the stash"
> one member is frequent drug user, came into posession of a big stash
> don't ask
> "roll for the four random drugs, you randomly grab"
> Nitro, Push, Ripper (roids), Memory Fog (daterape)

cont.
>>
Is there a "training time" for submersion listed anywhere in 5e books the way initiating takes an extended roll?
>>
>>45374468 continued

> "throw for cross reaction as described in Chrome Flesh"
> 9: instant crash, 12S unresisted, some other non-relevant stuff
> Troll gets knocked out almost instantly, nearly no physical damage
> everythingwentbetterthanexpected.xls
> "I'll film Jizzy doing it, pure snuff shit!" says the Street Sam
> gnome girl recently got infamous, had to star in a troll gangbang porn, think infamous levels of "2 girls, 1 cup"
> don't ask
> gnome girl starts to cut away, extended medicine test with some hefty penalties for the shoddy conditions
> trolls have hard skin and bones, especially for a gnome, blood fucking everywhere
> almost gets it, but has to stop after 3 hours before troll dies due to bleeding out and stuff
> "roll for regeneration of your stun boxes"
> Troll wakes up in the middle of getting sewn back up, freaks out in his drug-induced delirium
> others have to restrain him, sewing gets finished
> "should we just tell him we made it and then get rid of him?"
> they decide to stick with the truth, drive him to a safe place
> sell tape of bloody porn star cutting away at a raging drugged up troll to a paydata-broker
> i roll in secret, he finds a buyer in under 30 minutes, 23.000 Nuyen for exclusive rights to the new snuff movie by the infamous Jizzy
> everythignwentmuchbetterthanexpected.exe
> next morning Troll crawls to the street doc, to finish that shit
> "roll for the docs medicine test"
> critglitch...
> Street Doc notices the omegaware
> "yoink!", snags it
> after Troll wakes up gets told everything is fine
> maybe still has RFID Chip, haven't decided yet
> still has to pay 5000 bucks for the surgery
>>
>>45369799
Well I burned an edge and basically shot a 16p mininuke at our BBEG for that specific storyline. Radiation bypasses armor so she rolled a 1 on her body roll and died melting to death, screaming, and crying because she was a TerraFirst activist and now her body and secret lair were radiated.
>>
What is life like in the Indian and Elvish lands?
>>
>>45374479
Nope. I'd suggest treating it like an Initiation until the TM ebook (hopefully) adresses this.
>>
>>45374480
Personally I would say that the Doc has the chip so the corp comes down on him and the players have to figure out how to save him.

Or they might just let the corp carry him away because he's a dick who nicked the troll's shiny new implant.
>>
File: ZRgS7pe.gif (270 KB, 286x199) Image search: [Google]
ZRgS7pe.gif
270 KB, 286x199
>>45374468
>>45374480
>>
>>45374626
Indian? Lots of shit on the streets.
>>
File: Cyberpunk bunnygirls.jpg (679 KB, 1500x900) Image search: [Google]
Cyberpunk bunnygirls.jpg
679 KB, 1500x900
>>45374468
>>45374480

Both you and your group are in for some fun times.

Cherish it.
>>
Can mages can heal any drain they take with the heal spell?
>>
I created my first Shadowrun character for shits and giggles.

How stupid did it turn out, and how viable is it?
>>
>>45374999
Only physical. There is no magic at all that can cure stun damage.
>>
>>45375011
I want the 10 strength Elf (named Trollkin) I never got to play to fight her.
>>
Is Chummer5 a bit broken? When I put points into Edge the number of special attribute points available doesn't go down.
>>
>>45374999
>>45375100

I was under the impression that drain damage could not be healed magically, but could be healed with conventional first aid. Has this changed in 5e? Or am I nuts?

>>45375011

You're prepared for a shitstorm of Bye Felicia jokes, right?
>>
>>45375214
5.178 had that as an issue, current nightlies should be fine.
>>
>>45375259
>Or am I nuts?
You are not. It is clearly mentioned at the end of page 208 and on page 278.

Natural healing only, mah trogga!
>>
>>45360727
Me and my entire group, some of which have been playing since the start of 4th edition (myself included) completely forget about shit like damage resistance, armor and cover rules constantly. More obscure systems like hacking and summoning we have to keep printouts lying around the table to even begin to remember.

It's a crunchy system. Great fun, but very crunchy.
>>
>>45375259
>You're prepared for a shitstorm of Bye Felicia jokes, right?
Is that some reference I don't get?
>>
>>45375654

You're kidding me, right?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/bye-felicia
>>
File: 1441824803216 - 2D Storytime.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1441824803216 - 2D Storytime.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45372556
>>
File: nomedkits.png (121 KB, 318x245) Image search: [Google]
nomedkits.png
121 KB, 318x245
>>45375259
>>45375379
You can't heal drain with first aid, or anything except for resting.

>Drain damage, regardless of whether it is Stun or Physical damage, cannot be healed by any means other than the natural properties of the body—that means no magical healing and no medkits. If you overdo it, you’ll simply need to make time for some rest.
>>
>>45374480
>>45374468
Bored guy here, amazing story. I really wish I could have seen everything unfold as well as how their place got turned into a bdsm dungeon.
>>
>>45360630
I haven't even read the core rulebook yet.
Because I don't own it.
Which edition would you recommend for a group who have never played before?
Also is their a separate dm guide? Or is it all in the core rulebook?
>>
>>45375956
For 5e there are quickstart rules and I'm pretty sure both 4e and 5e have a DM section in their core books.
5e is more popular, has better 'trix rules (from what I've heard), adds limits (a hardcap on how well you can do on certain skill tests based on your attributes (IE: a guy with 1 STR isn't going to have a high physical limit, so even if he rolls well he might hit his cap for physical stuff)), 4e has more books and better editing
>>
>>45375956
>>45375976 is what I was told, my group has also never played before and tonight is going to be our first session and I'm DM. gonna be quite an adventure.
>>
>>45375998
Are you running Food Fight?
>>
>>45376054
Splintered State, food fight was recommended to me earlier in the thread though.
>>
>>45365412
Sure, but they can also just use dispelling. Or cast a spell. Spirits have NO SOAK against spells. literally anything that can bypass their immunity will blow them to bits.
>>
>>45375956
4e has quickstart rules and is the more complete system.
>>
>>45370545
In Run and Gun, there's some transparent body armor.
>>
>>45376192
Pretty sure that'd go against the naked bit
>>
>>45376258
But it looks like you're naked.
>>
What's the generally preferred Modus of chargen in 5e?
Priorities, to 10, Karma Gen or the other weird Life-History thingy?
How do standart Priorities and "to 10" compare specifically?
>>
>>45376443
To 10 is like priority, but slightly less rubbish.
Karma Gen is the best, life modules is kinda crap.
>>
>>45376443
Life-History is complete dogshit, ignore it entirely.
Priority and Sum-to-Ten are the same system only Sum-to-Ten allows much more flexibility and generally leads to less specialization (IE: you can take all Cs instead of ABCDE) and is generally considered better than priority.
Karmagen I've heard is very punishing on specialization due to scaling karma costs but other than that I haven't heard anything else.
>>
>>45376443
Karma Gen is my favorite, but Sum to 10 is likely the best. Its more flexible than priority while also being easy to use.
>>
I'm making a Fixer NPC for my group and I'm starting to like him. I find the beginnings of a character emerge when you start with the qualities, especially the negative ones.

He has a niece and a cat (Dependents at 6 karma) who live with him. What would be good names? The niece is 10 years old and would have named the cat around 2 years ago. Something with fluff I think?
>>
How much nuyen would a baseball cost? 5Y or so?
>>
>>45376476
>Karmagen I've heard is very punishing on specialization due to scaling karma costs but other than that I haven't heard anything else.
It's (in my opinion anyway) the best because you don't get people min-maxing karma gains, whereas in priority overspecialization is rewarded.
>>45376511
How many dollars does a baseball cost irl? Assume a 1 to 1 exchange rate between modern dollars and nuyen. (Although it's 2 to 1 with Shadowrun dollars because of inflation.)
>>
>>45376505
Fluffles.
>>
>>45376473
>>45376476
>>45376485
Okay, that's basicly what i thought from reading as well.

So would you all could agree that Sum-to-10 is the best for a group that's somewhat familiar with the System but doesn't have the patience nor the in-depth knowledge for a Karma Gen?

We have people in the Group that have a knack for inadvertently gimping their characters and people that are quite good at min-maxing. Which system would be best here?
>>
>>45376258
>>45376274
Best (or worst depending on how you look at it) is Titanium Bone Lacing, 4 Cybernetic Limbs + Torso + Skull with 3 installed Armor each and Dermal Plating 6.

30 soak dice (27 armor & 3 pseudo-body) on top of your base body while still being "naked".
>>
>>45376604
Sum-to-ten is more flexible, yes.
>>
How much is a personalized grip again?
>>
>>45376661
100 Nuyen
>>
File: RenrakuArcology.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RenrakuArcology.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Looking for corporate audit-based run ideas against Renraku's big data branch with really dirty, below-the-belt corp politics. There's a prewritten one in the audit booklet, but that's technically an investigation run and we just finished one of those so I'm keeping that for the future instead.

I've been thinking of having one or more Japanese AAs hire the PCs to mess with a data dump and royally screw everything depending on that, or maybe sabotage GridGuide or leak Renraku's data-gathering habits to make bad press, or stuff like that. What brainstorming fodder has /srg/ got?
>>
File: 3888467_orig.jpg (105 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
3888467_orig.jpg
105 KB, 1000x666
>>45376842
Thanks Omae.

What does /srg/ think of my baseball adept from New Yawk?

Priorities:
B(3) Ork(4)
D(1) Adept Magic 2
B(3) Attributes
D(1) Skills 22/0
C(2) Nuyen 140k

Metatype: Ork
Sex: Male
Alias: Slugger

BOD 4 WIL 3
AGI 5(6) LOG 2
REA 4(6) INT 4
STR 8(12) CHA 3
EDG 2 (10 Karma)
MAG 5
ESS 5.4

Initiative: 10+3d6
Armour: 14
Nuyen: 690Y
Lifestyle: Meidum (2 Months) 10,000Y

Skills:
Athletics Skill Group 1 (5 Karma)
Clubs 6 (Baseball Bats)
Throwing Weapons 6 (Baseballs)
Automatics 2
Perception 2 (Visual)
Con 2 (Baseball credentials)
Ettiquite 1 (2 Karma)
Sneaking 1 (2 Karma)

Knowledge Skills:
Sports 4 (Baseball) (Interest)
Manhattan 4
Manhatten Underground 3

Qualities:
Athelete's Way (20 Karma)
Distinctive Style (Baseball Uniform/Coat) (-5 Karma)
Emotional Attachment (Baseball Bat Weapon Focus) (-5 Karma)
Signature (E-Paper Custom Baseball Card) (-10 Karma)

Adept Powers:
Improved Reflexes (Rating 2) 2.5PP
Missile Mastery 1PP
Improved Physical Attribute (Str) (2) 1PP
Enhanced Accuracy (Thrown Weapons) (2) 0.5PP

Gear:
Force 2 Baseball Bat Weapon Focus (6 Karma), Personalized Grip 14,100Y
(Acc 5, 15P, Reach 1)
Stun Baton 750Y
(Acc 4, 9S(e), Reach 1, -5AP)
Armoured Jacket (Manhattan Yankees Brand) 12 armour 1,000Y
Helmet (Batters Helmet) +2 armour 100Y
100 Baseballs 200Y
Clothing (Baseball uniforms, 5) 500Y
Fake SIN (Rating 4) 10,000Y
Fake Adept License (Rating 4) 800Y
Fake Foci License (Rating 4) 800Y
Fake Weapon License (Rating 4) 800Y
Erika Elite Commlink 2,500Y
Contacts (Capacity 3) 600Y
+Imagelink 25Y
+Low-light Vision 500Y
+Vision Magnification 250Y
Micro-transceiver 100Y
Subvocal Mic 40Y
Gecko Tape Gloves 250Y
Gas Mask 200Y
Medkit (Rating 6) 1,500Y
50 Plastic Restraints 25Y
4 Standard Credsticks 20Y
50 Electronic Paper (Custom Baseball Cards) 250Y

Ware:
Muscle Augmentation (Rating 2) 62,000Y
Muscle Toner (Rating 1) 32,000Y
>>
>>45376962
>50 Plastic Restraints

You are one kinky SOB, omae
>>
>>45377063
This is a guy who presumably works as either a hitman or enforcer for some mob, and throws baseballs with more force than an Ares Alpha shoots bullets and swings a bat with only marginally less force than an assault cannon, all while dressed up like Babe Ruth
I think that crosses the line from "kinky" to "deranged"
>>
>>45376962
I'd drop the ranks in Improved Strength. You still have the Essence to go for a full rank 4 aug' later.

Get Strength Boost rank 1 in the meantime (through a Focus if you can), and get more powers.
>>
>>45377197
Well, the issue with that is that if I want to get rank 4 muscle aug, then I'd need 124,000 nuyen to spare, which probably won't happen anytime soon, not to mention a 20R availability could pose a challenge (unless I buy through a really good dealer)
I sort of wanted to get a rank in Elemental Weapon so I could smack people around with a flaming baseball bat, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
>>
>>45377297
You're 2 short of max Aug'ed Str. With rank 1 Boost, you'd get a 6 dice roll, with each hit boosting your STR by one for 2 full combat turns.

Conveniently, the average hits on 6 dice is 2, which means you'd be at full STR whenever you really need it. And you'd have to resists... all of 1S drain afterwards.
>>
>>45377370
Fair enough, being 100% sure of having 12STR for 2PP isn't really worth it when I could be generally sure of having either 11 or 12 STR for 0.25PP
It would also mean I could drop Athlete's Way for an extra 20 karma to be spend on other stuff.
>>
>>45377414
If you are looking at other powers and you can spare 3000 nuyen and 2 karma, remember you can even get it as a Qi Focus without needing to spend the 0,25 PP on the Boost.
>>
>>45376939
Renraku collects SINless workers and uses them for cheap labor. They live in a crappy barracks camp out in the barrens they're supplied with skillsofts, healthcare etc. This is a secret pet project of some exec with delusions of philanthropism. The run is to expose "the coddling of savage gaijin, filthy subhumans, and gross waste of company resources" and ruin this exec's career
>>
>>45377628
Damn, that's harsh.
I like it.
>>
>Chummers, i need your help!
I am making a "skill monkey" face right now, 5e, Sum-10 chargen, with skills and attributes at A and money at C, no magic and non metahuman.
But beyond that, i have no idea for the character.
Any advice, cool concepts or maybe pictures to give me ideas?
MAybe stories of your Face?
>>
File: 97VeY.gif (799 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
97VeY.gif
799 KB, 320x240
>I run hack.exe
>Funny, now how do you really start hacking the commlink?
>What do you mean? I just hack it, I have the skills I can just roll
>That's not how hacking works dude
>You sure?
>Positive, maybe you should read the Matrix section before rolling a decker
Dear lord what have I gotten involved in.
>>
>>45377713
There's a little thing called buying into the game's premise you may be doing wrong.
>>
>>45373606
144F Satellite
>>
>>45377477
I swapped out athlete's way for warriors way, so I could discount missile mastery and critical strike (essentially an extra 0.75PP), here are the new powers I got

Adept Powers:
Improved Reflexes (Rating 2) 2.5PP
Missile Mastery 0.5PP
Elemental Weapon (Fire) 0.5PP
Critical Strike (Clubs) 0.25PP
Enhanced Accuracy (Thrown Weapons) (2) 0.5PP
Combat Sense 0.5PP
Attribute Boost (STR, Rating 1) 0.25PP

I also used the two extra karma from my weapon focus (warriors way reduces karma costs by 2) to get a rank in intimidation, because I figure a guy covered in blood, swinging a firey baseball bat Hotline-Miami style, and throwing baseballs faster than bullets would pick up on how to be intimidating pretty damn quick I decided just to pay for STR boost with my spare 0.25PP in the end also.
Thoughts?
>>
>>45377675
Japan is a shithole and the runs available from japanese sources should reflect the Imperial Japanese mindset methinks. Granted your runners could just track down the guy running the work camp producing skilled SINless laborers and do a doublecross but that's on them.
>>
>>45377731
He legitimately thought this was something like lockpicking in DnD where you just roll and you either pass or fail. He didn't bother reading that there's a bunch of different shit to do when hacking like analyzing, sleazing, etc. Doesn't even know about ice and how it could possibly kill him.
>>
>>45377731
too bad the matrix rules are shit and "roll skill to hack" would be infintely better than the steaming pile we got
>>
>>45376476
Life modals are fantastic, so long as your GM values fluffy characters over massive dice pools and tells you to play it fast and loose with the sometimes stupid knowledge skills.
>>
>>45377848
Yeah, but you can do anything you can do with life modules via sum-to-ten/karmagen with more accuracy to whatever backstory you want.
>>
>>45376166
5 also has quick start rules
>>
If you get extra PP, adding another rank of improved reflexes is the same as taking an extra rank of any other power, right?
>>
>>45377872
Technically you cant, since life modals let you go up to 7 in skills.
>>
>>45377891
That was mentioned earlier tho
>>
>>45377872
Its way easier to achieve Inter-party balance using life modals than using sum to ten/karmagen and relying on people to not ruthlessly optimism and instead spend points on knowledge skills at an equal rate.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.