[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
City of the Dead Quest 4: Survivor Waifu edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 8
File: BG_New.jpg (112 KB, 1980x1200) Image search: [Google]
BG_New.jpg
112 KB, 1980x1200
The Story so far >>45336381

So /tg/, who is best girl and why is it Brian?

>When we last left our heroes, they finally made it to the secret lab where most of the research on the virus was made, only to come up empty handed as the place was stripped clean of any relevant information. What they did come across, however, was a woman named Christine who claims to be part of a group calling themselves the Saviours of Humanity, and have been trying to find research into making a cure for the virus. And they need the groups help.

"What do you mean, you need our help?" you ask.

"Exactly what I said," Christine clarified, "we need all the help we can get to begin with, and if we can get Mr. Romero to co-operate..."

You look over to your now-former boss, who just shrugs his shoulders. "I'm not in charge here, as you can see," he answers, "I'm just along for the ride."

"Well, if you really interested in helping, then all of you will come with me to The Fort. But before we do... I don't want to withhold any information. If you have any questions about who were are, ask now, and I'll do my best to answer."

>What do you ask?
>>
>>45355874
No time for questions, let's move.
>>
Hmm, maybe I started the thread too early today. Anyway, shameless bump until more people come in.
>>
Nothing comes to mind, so I vote we just move since time isn't exactly on our side. Unless, anyone else in the group has any questions.
>>
>>45357252
Haven't been on /tg/ all week so i'm catching up on the other 4 threads atm.
>>
>>45356166
>>45357567
"We don't have time to ask questions," you explain, "the military in under orders to launch a missile strike on the city within the next 65 hours!"

Christine's face turns to one of pure astonishment. "They... they what? I should have guessed... and I'm sure you know as well as I that dropping a bomb on the city won't do anything to prevent the spread of the virus."

"Yeah, and that's why we need to move as fast as possible."

Christine smiles, realising you have enough faith in her group to go with her without questioning. She gathers some of the research notes and piles them into her satchel. "Let's get moving then. I have a car out back. It's only supposed to hold four, so it might be a little cramped. First things first though... are there any of them out there?"

"There's an evolved one outside" Romero answered, "The intelligent ones, that won't die even if you destroy the brain? I hope you and your little science club know of them at least."

"That's not good," she mutters, "Where is it?"

You answer, "It was just hanging out by the back-"

You then hear the creaking of wood, and feel a breeze drift in from down the hall.

"... Door."

>ROLL D20
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45358178
Is it time for crit fails already?
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>45358178
>>
>>45358201
>>45358380

You're able to react quickly as the zombie starts making it's way down the hall. You slam the door shut to hold it off for a brief moment, giving Christine the chance to explain more about the evolution of the virus.

"We've encountered ones just like this before, intelligent enough to use doors, and completely unkillable." She shoved more notes into her satchel. "To make matters worse, their bodies have grown to become more durable, so you can't just cripple it and leave it there. With what we've got, the only sensible option is to run."

"How we supposed to run when that things blockin' the hallway?" Brian asks.

"We'll just have to leave through the front door and run around the building," Christine answers, as she takes lead of the group, pulling the front door open and running through it. The group follows her around the side of the warehouse as she points out he car parked by the rear entrance. "Quick, let's get there before we're spotted by that thing!"

You sprint past the rear entrance to the warehouse, but you're unable to react as you're hit by a strong force from your side. The zombie managed to leap at you, waiting at the back door of the building, and viciously tackles you to the ground.

>ROLL D20
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>45358751
Rolling for suffering
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>45358927
>>45358751
We ded
>>
>>45358927
>>45358948
You try to push the zombie off, but it's far too strong the best you can manage is to avoid it's teeth sinking into your flesh long enough for Sara to interfere, who in a stunning display of raw power pulls the zombie off of you, tossing it bakwards like a sack of potatoes, as the creature lands on it's head. She fights the urge to attack the zombie even further, raising you to your feet and helping you run to the car.

The zombie doesn't stay down very long, however, as within seconds it's gaining on the group once more as you reach the car and try to get inside.

>ROLL D20
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>45359315
Death! It surrounds us like a blanket!
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>45359315
Surely sufficient firepower can indeed cripple it. Destroying the brain doesn't do anything, but I'd like to see it get back up after complete incineration.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>45358751
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45359315
We sure are lacking in crit fails today.
Let's change that.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>45359315
inb4 1

Just got here, won't be able to stick around long; got a Pathfinder game waiting to start.
>>
>>45359427
>>45359444
>>45359460
>>45359496

You make it into the car and slide into the backseat, alongside Annie, Brian, and Sara, who resorts to squeezing in on your lap due to the lack of space. Romero takes the passenger seat as Christine furiously tries to get the car's engine started. The zombie makes it to the vehicle and knowingly reaches for the door handle on the driver's side when the ignition finally kicks in. Christine speeds ahead, leaving the monster in the dust. As you take to the open road, the group breathe a collective sigh of relief.

"Think about this," Christine muttered, "the virus hasn't been loose for even a full 24-hour day yet, and some of them have evolved this much already... by night, all of them will be like that, and we just don't know how much further they'll evolve from there."

"Well, things have officially gone from 'terrifying' to 'I won't be able to sleep ever again'," Annie remarked as the group sped on in a very, very cramped car.

"Your friend, she is from the military, yes?" Christine asked, referring to Sara. "I take it then you have come into contact with them? Do not worry, I trust you, but I fear that any military man expects a report back, and judging by that walkie-talkie in your possession, you mean to give them one."

She's a damn perceptive one, you'll give her that much.

"I ask, can whoever sent you on this mission be trusted with the information of our existence? Or will I need you to lie on our behalf?"

>A) Fulci seems to be a good man, and he sent us into the city looking for a cure. He's on your side, through and through.
>B) I don't know... he seemed to have good intention, but you can never trust someone in his position. Better to keep the hidden from him.
>>
>>45359692
>A) Fulci seems to be a good man, and he sent us into the city looking for a cure. He's on your side, through and through.

In times like this distrust can be just a dangerous as the zombies. I trust him, though I cannot promise that the people above him have the best interests of humanity at heart.
>>
>>45359692
Ask Sara what she thinks of Fulci.
Her opinion may be biased, but she'd know him better than the rest of us.
>>
>>45359692
>Somewhere along the chain of command, there's always bound to be bureaucrats, even in the best of times. And I think we can be forgiven for not having time for a report when we're racing against the clock.
Or otherwise, B)
>>
>>45359692
Regardless of his reasoning, I find it hard to trust a guy who sends in civilians to do the military's job with any support.
>>
>>45359828

Hey. Don't be rude, Sara's support.
>>
>>45359864
>sending a mute with PTSD
He was getting rid of baggage.
>>
>>45359807
This. It doesn't matter if Fulci is a good man or not, because there will undoubtedly be someone that ISN'T a good man will be listening in. We can gauge Sara's feelings on him, but we'll save our report until we can give it to him face to face.

Especially since an unknown group of gunhappy people that wanna spread the virus could be listening in on our comms.
>>
>>45359882

>the person in our group that has hands down killed the most zombies is baggage
>>
>>45359807
Backing this too. Fulci seems like a decent guy but there's bound to bad that one asshole mixed in with his lot.
>>
File: Safe-House-18.jpg (83 KB, 640x471) Image search: [Google]
Safe-House-18.jpg
83 KB, 640x471
>>45359807
>>45359828
>>45359891
1/2

"Ultimately, I don't know if I can trust him," you answer, "his intentions seem to be in the right place, but even it they were, he could just be an anomaly. I'll avoid mentioning you people to him unless we absolutely need to."

Sara's face hung low. It seems she doesn't appreciate your mistrust in the man.

As you move off the beaten path and into a less densely populate area of the city, into your field of view appears a large modern, almost futuristic-looking home at the top of a steep driveway. "Welcome to The Fort," Christine announces as you pull up said driveway. You all step out of the car and make your move. Passing through a metal gate, you come before an intercom. Christine presses the button and speaks into it. "I have returned. Daniel, lower the drawbridge." A loud mechanical whirring is heard, as a section of the wall breaks away and forms an entryway into the building for the group. A marvellous piece of engineering, clearly they've been preparing for this day even longer than you thought.

As the group makes their way inside, Christine is greeted with a hug from a red-haired man with a long beard. "I'm so glad you're okay!" he exclaims, as he practically lifts her off the ground.

"It's good to see you Eric," she says, "but please put me down. We have urgent business to attend to. Daniel, raise the drawbridge."

You look to your side, and see that the Daniel in question is a young boy, about 12 years old, who enters a small code in a keypad on the wall, before the pathway closes up behind you. You realise that there is no place in the city more secure from the undead than this.

The red-haired man turns his attention to you. "Ah, so this is the group Christine mentioned and... my god. Is that Benjamin Romero? Chrisie, you better have a damn good reason for this."
>>
>>45360565
2/2

"It seems Romero may not be as responsible for the virus as we first thought," Christine explains, "either way, these people have shown me that they wish to help in finding a cure. I trust them."

"Well, if Christie trusts you, then I trust you!" Eric announced, as he approached you. "We'll get into exactly how you can help us as soon as me and Christine have a private review of whatever documents she managed to scavenge while she was out. But for now, why don't you and your friends get settled in! I'm sure you're happy to find a safe place to eat and sleep and not have to worry about flesh-hungry monsters. Make yourselves at home!"

This very fortunate turn of events was unexpected, but your friends can't complain, as the quickly get to exploring the stronghold. You remain at the main entranceway, mostly dumbfounded, until Christine addresses you. "I understand how bizarre all of this must be. Me and Eric have a personal meeting to attend to, perhaps you would like to check on your friends, see how morale is? You have all had a very difficult time."

She makes a good point, those other four have managed to survive with you through all of this, and you owe them your life just as much as they owe you yours. Which member of the group would you like to speak with first?

>A) Annie
>B) Brian
>C) Sara
>D) Romero
>>
>>45360607

Start with
>C) Sara
Just try to explain why we didn't pass word along, it's less of a distrust of Fulci and more of a distrust of who else is listening or ordering him

Then go to
>A) Annie

Then

>D) Romero

And then yes I suppose we can maybe stomach talking to Brian
>>
>>45360607
>A) Annie
time for waifu
>>
>>45360654
backing this except romero before annie
>>
>>45360654
I second this, I feel bad for disappointing Sara.

Also I feel like out of everyone, she needs our attention the most right now, with everything she's going through and all. Just check up on how she's holding up and all that and if there's anything we can do to help her feel better.
>>
>>45360654
>>45361240
>>45361251
[1/2]

You decide it's best to go to Sara first. After all, she's had the hardest time out of the entire group, to the point that she is physically incapable of talking about it. While the others went straight for beds and food, Sara continued to prowl around the safehouse looking for... something. You follow close behind her as she walks through the door of what turns out to be a storage closet. She roots around the cabinets inside, before a look on relief shines on her face as she discovers what she's been searching for... a notepad and a pen. She turns around, and is surprised to see you standing behind her.

"It's okay! I just wanted to check in on you, see how you were doing."

Sara buries her face into the notepad. She scribbles on it, before tearing out the page and handing it to you. In messy and childlike handwriting, it reads "THANK YOU. YOU SAVED ME." It was marked with an uncharacteristically cutesy heart. She must be really grateful. No surprise. When she devolved into her mindless rage, you were able to calm her down, bring her back to earth. You not only saved her life, you saved her humanity... not that she hasn't done a good job of returning the favour so far.

You smile, but then decide to address another issue. "Look, you know Fulci better than I do, and I know you trust him... but even then, I can't take any chances on maybe someone overhearing the report or-"

She raises a hand and starts scribbling away once more. She hands the paper to you. "IT'S OKAY. I TRUST HIM. I TRUST YOU MORE."
>>
>>45361695

She smiles again, but it fades as she scrawls another message in the paper. Before she even hands it to you, you can tell the tone, as Sara's eyes begin to water.

"THE MONSTERS. MY SQUAD. I LOST EVERYONE... AND I'M STARTING TO LOSE MYSELF TOO. I CAN'T CONTROL MY RAGE. I CAN TRY, BUT I NEED YOU WITH ME. PLEASE DON'T LET ME BECOME LIKE ONE OF THEM." She starts moving towards you, tears in her eyes, seemingly wanting a hug or some other kind of affection.

>A) Comfort her, she doesn't deserve everything she's went through.
>B) Assure her that you'll continue to help her, but keep her at a distance.
>>
>>45361743
>A) Comfort her, she doesn't deserve everything she's went through.
>>
>>45361743
>>A) Comfort her, she doesn't deserve everything she's went through.
>>
>>45361743

>PLEASE DON'T LET ME BECOME LIKE ONE OF THEM
>>
>>45361743

Damn Sara a qt
A tragic qt

We must protect her smile
>>
>>45361832
could she have been infected and be a really intelligent zombie?
>>
>>45361771
>>45361814
>>45361832
>>45361870

"You're not going to be like them. You never are. I promise." You wrap your arms around Sara in a comforting embrace. From this position, she can't share any words with you, but she doesn't need to. She just squeezes tighter and let's the tears flow freely. You could say more yourself, keep assuring her that you'll keep her safe, that you'll all make it out okay, but you don't need to either. The silent moment between the two of you is all that could ever be needed.

Of course, it couldn't last forever, as the door to the closet creaks open and in pops the head of the Daniel kid from the entrance. "Wow, you people are here five minutes, and you're already doing it in our closets. Whatever, I'm not going to tell my dad or anything, just try to keep it in your pants." He darts out again as quickly as he had arrived, but now Sara is red in the face from embarrassment. Before you can say anything, though, she reassures that it's fine with a toothy grin, like a silent laugh on her part. She nods and leaves, exploring the rest of the area. For now, you should check in on another member of the group.

A) Annie
B) Brian
C) Romero
>>
>>45362056
>A) Annie
She seems the most upset and probably needs someone to talk to.
>>
>>45362056
C) Romero
>>
>>45362056
>B) Brian
I don't think we've spoken to this guy more than once or twice. Also should check if he's got brain damage or something.

also check on Romero? His arm? His thoughts/ideas on how a cure will be made?
>>
>>45362056
>B) Brian
As much as I hate it, we ought to check on his head wound and shit. This place probably has medical facilities, which he might not have thought of visiting yet. The less downtime we have from that, the more chance we have of beating the clock.
>>
>>45362223
That's a good point, this place might have the right tools needed in case he does have any problems with his head. Better we find out now while it's safe than something suddenly happening with him at a bad time, like while we're sneaking or being chased.
>>
>>45362056
>A) Annie
>>
>>45362181
>>45362223
Backing this.
>>
>>45362181
>>45362223
>>45362312

You find Brian in a room near the back, being seen to by an older, grey-haired man. "'Sup nerd?" he greets you, "turns out these guys have their own doc. He's fixing up the crack in my head. Pretty sweet, huh?"

The doctor sighs, seemingly already sick of Brian's manner of speech. "Yes, it is pretty sweet, Mr. Barker. Now, don't poke at your stitches, unless you want to re-open that skull of yours. Now, apparently I also have a broken arm to see to. You lot are pretty banged up." The doctor nods to you, as he leaves the room, leaving you alone with Brian. A silence fills the air. You never got along with the guy, so it was tough thinking of what to say. Unsurprisingly, Brian was the first to speak. What was a surprise was what he said.

"Bro... I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?" you ask.

"Let's not fuck around, bro. I treated you like shit. I picked on you, I badmouthed you to Sue all the time cause I knew you liked her. I just thought you were this dorky little creep... and look how that turned out. When alla' this went to shit, you took charge... and you saved my life. YOU SAVED MY LIFE, BRO! You coulda left me in my Hummer after the crash, but you risked your own skin for mine! I neva woulda done the same for you... and I just have to say I'm sorry. I was totally wrong about you."

>A) It's okay, all of that's in the past now. I can forgive you.
>B) You should be sorry. You're a real piece of shit, Brian.
>>
>>45362563
>>A) It's okay, all of that's in the past now. I can forgive you.
>>
>>45362563

To be honest with everything that's happened all that seems like so much dogshit. We're in this together now, I just hope you have my back the same way I have yours.
>>
>>45362563
I'm only doing the best I can under the circumstances, just like I've always been.
>>
>>45362642
>>45362653
>>45362701

"You mean it? We cool?" Brian asks.

"Yeah," you answer, "we cool." You immediately realise that you can't pull off saying that.

Bryan lets out a laugh. "Ya know, it's funny. I always thought at a time like this that I'd be the big fuckin' hero who swoops in, kicks ass, saves the days and gets all the girls. But you showed me up at every turn... even with the girls! Talk about Revenge of the Nerd, am I right?" You give a small generous laugh in response.

"Oh, that reminds me," he adds, "If you're gonna bone one of those babes, choose quickly so I can make my move on the spare. It's no bother, I'm happy getting with Annie OR the mute chick!"

You roll your eyes. He may have gotten sentimental for a moment there, but he'll always be Brian.

"Look... just rest your head for now. We'll talk more later, okay?" You turn to leave, but Brian's decides to get one last word in.

"Bro... I'm really scared. I don't wanna die."

"Me neither pal," you say with a reassuring smile, "me neither."

>A) Go to Annie next
>B) Go to Romero next
>>
>>45362927
>>A) Go to Annie next
Let romero get his arm set.
>>
>>45362927
>>A) Go to Annie next
Doctor is already checking on him, so let's see Annie.
>>
>>45362927
>A) Go to Annie next
>>
>>45362927
>>A) Go to Annie next

Damn, I don't want any of them to die. I'm growing too fond of all of them, even this douchebag.
>>
>>45362983
>>45362991
>>45363027
>>45363044

You find Annie in one of the safehouse's bedrooms, laying back and staring at the ceiling. She jolts up as she hears you enter the room.

"Hey Charlie, how awesome is this place? It's got everything!" she exclaims "Food, a doctor, a cool metal drawbridge thingy, they even have phones! I mean, the lines are out, so I couldn't call my parents when I tried... but all in all, this place is like a dream."

"You tried to call home?" you ask.

"Well duh, I usually call them every day," she says, "If I don't, they'll start to get worried. I knew the phones wouldn't work, I just had to give it a try, you know. Let them know I'm okay... and also to tell them to get ready for when you come to visit. The offer still stands for when we get out of here, don't forget. I might even invite the others. What kind of pie do you think Sara likes?"

You sigh. It's not hard to tell why she's being so cheerful right now. She's overcompensating, she's too afraid to show how afraid she is.

"Look, Annie..." you mumble.

"Yeah?" she asks as she stands up, expectant on an answer.

>A) Fuck it, she's given us all enough hope to make it through all of this. She should get to keep her own.
>B) She needs to face the cold hard truth, no matter how painful it is. Otherwise she won't be able to handle it when things don't go to plan.
>>
>>45363431
>>A) Fuck it, she's given us all enough hope to make it through all of this. She should get to keep her own.
We are going to survive this but you don't have to act like nothing is happening, I know you are scared and so am I but we can fight this and win. Just stop with the death flags.
>>
>>45363431

>A

I really appreciate everything you've dont for the group. Seriously, I know I come off harsh sometimes but you've done a great job. Wanted to say it out loud for you.
>>
>>45363431
>>A) Fuck it, she's given us all enough hope to make it through all of this. She should get to keep her own.
>>
>>45363431
No reason to be a downer, hell, maybe we will all live through this?
>>
>>45363481
>>45363489
>>45363530
>>45363542

"I bet Sara's a steak pie kind of person," you answer, much to the delight of Annie, who giggles like a child.

"Yeah, steak pie! Pretty solid choice there, Charlie."

You place a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Listen Annie, I want you to know how much I appreciate you. You've done so much to keep this group going through... everything. We wouldn't have made it this far without you."

"Hey, looks who's talking!" she replies, "we all would have been goners twice over if it wasn't for you!"

You give her a smile. "Yeah, but don't be afraid to give yourself some credit. We're all a team here, and you're pretty much our heart and soul. And I can't wait to meet your parents when we get out of here."

Annie's isn't able to contain her happiness and excitement, as she practically leaps onto you for a hug. "Good! My mom's going to love you! My dad's going to hate you, but he hates every guy my age. That's just how he is." Annie lets out a yawn, and you decide to let her get some sleep. Before you leave, however, she pulls you back for a moment. "And Charlie..." she gives you a quick peck on the cheek. "Let's keep kicking ass."

"Will do," you say as you exit the room. Now, all that's left to do is speak to Romero. No easy task, knowing the man.
>>
Oh god, we're gonna have to choose between Sara and Annie now, aren't we?

Unless they're open to a threesome.
>>
>>45363883
But anon, best girl is Brian.
>>
>>45363739
You find Romero in the safehouse kitchen, his arm now in a proper cast, with an empty bowl sitting on the table.

"They had Frosted Flakes," he explains, "I really like Frosted Flakes."

"The doctor took a look at your arm, I take it?" you ask.

"Yeah, these people really do seem to have a leg-up on the survival game. Really makes you wonder why they would even give a shit about a cure, when they've got it this made." He takes out his hip flask and takes a swig from it, before offering it to you.

"I'm not really much of a drinker..." you say as you take the seat opposite him.

Romero snorts. "Yeah, neither am I. And these folk just want to help people. No ulterior motives in sight. Let's all keep lying to ourselves."

"It's called being a good person," you answer. Romero gets a laugh out of the sudden backtalk.

"A good person? Isn't that what we all want to be? We all want to be great men, remembered by all as heroes of our generation, but tell me Charles; is it possible? In the past 24 hours, I've seen my peers launch an untold amount of destruction and death all because of a virus they thought could save the world. What's worse, I've stood by as I receive the blame for their mistakes. They get to die for their folly, while I become public enemy number fucking one. Sure, maybe I could have stopped this sooner, and maybe I could have a little more empathy, but why should I? They all look at me like I'm a monster. Not just these 'Saviours'. Not just the military. Not just the mute. I see it in your eyes too. Even Annibelle's. So be honest with me. Am I a good person?"

>A) Yes
>B) No
>>
>>45363982
>A) Yes
You're still doing something to stop this. Maybe you weren't, maybe you were, but right now we need to fix this, and it overrides the past so long as we survive.
>>
>>45363982
>>A) Yes
You can be cynical all you like in the end you will make the right decision, redeem your past mistakes.
>>
>>45363982
>I don't know.
>You need to ask someone who really knows you. Not me, and certainly not these people who only know you by reputation. And if you don't have anyone else like that, the only person you can really ask ends up being yourself.
>So, what do you think, Romero? Do you think you're a good person?
>>
>>45363982

>A

and also

>you better not hoard all those Frosted Flakes, ya cheeky cunt.

How will Romero handle our bantz?

Romero ultimate waifu
>>
>>45363982
"You are trying to solve this, that is all that matters and really how much influence did you hold; i doubt you could have stopped this forever, greed prevails where caution is often warranted."
>>
>>45363982

>A

and also

>you better not hoard all those Frosted Flakes, ya cheeky cunt.

How will Romero handle the bants?

Romero ultimate waifu
>>
>>45364116
>>45364081
Unintentional samefagging, my bad.
>>
>>45363982
>>A) Yes

After all, you're still here with us, helping undo their mistakes.
>>
>>45364048
>>45364067
>>45364081
>>45364106

"You honestly believe that?" Romero chuckles to himself. "Well, you've been right about your fair share of things so far. Not to get all soft on you, but it's good to see someone who doesn't think of me as The Big Bad Devil Mr. Romero, and just thinks of me as Ben. I'm not a good man Charles, but I try. That's all I can ever do. Try." He gets up from his chair and motions past you. "By the way," he adds, "those were the last of the Frosted Flakes. They have Lucky Charms too, but it's just not the same."

Damn, you really wanted some Frosted Flakes.

As you sit there, tolerating the Lucky Charms you poured for yourself, you reflect on your interactions with the group. The five of you have really managed to pull together over the last 24 hours, and you've come to care about all of them greatly. You're a team now, through all of this. And you knew things were only going to get more difficult from here.

You're approached by Daniel, who you didn't even notice sneaking up on you. "My dad and Mrs... uh, Ms. Browning are ready to see you now, mister."

You make your way into a small room where Christine and Eric are hunched over a table filled with research papers. Eric looks up at you. "So, are you ready to start saving the world?" he asks.

>A) Ready as I'll ever be.
>B) First, I'd like you to fill me in more on who you guys are, exactly.
>>
>>45364387
>Nah, but I'll crash on your couch if it's cool with you! But seriously, ready.
>>
>>45364387
Sure but you owe me a drink after this, a large drink.
>>
>>45364387
>B) First, I'd like you to fill me in more on who you guys are, exactly.
I've been shunted from one place to another all of today, and I'd like to have some understanding of what exactly it is I'm supposed to be doing and who I'm working for.
>>
>>45364387
>B
What do they know about this virus and how close are they to a cure?
>>
>>45364387
B
>>
>>45364565
>>45364903
[1/2]

"Yes, how rude of me not to properly introduce myself!" Eric exclaims. "I'm Eric Corman, and you already know the lovely Christie here." Christine gives a small wave. "We were head researchers for Trioxin's experimental medicine division, until they started working on the Infinity Serum. We were dead against it, and we broke off from the company, but that didn't stop them from developing the virus, and of course, letting it spread. We've been working on making a cure for a while, but so far we've hit plenty of dead ends, and road blocks. We came close to something once, but then our research was raided by a bunch or armored thugs. But right now, we may have just found our newest lead..."

Christine holds up several of the research papers. "I have been examining the notes found at the warehouse where we met, and I have come across something very interesting. The first step in finding a cure is to find the first infected. Patient Zero. They were the only one actually injected with the serum containing the virus, and the rest of the disease spread from them. If we could find Patient Zero, capture them, study them, we could have what we need to reverse engineer a cure. As it turns out, the identity and whereabouts of Patient Zero was a well kept secret among the Trioxin Board of Directors, but these notes give us good reason to believe that Patient Zero is still contained within one of Trioxin's secret labs throughout the city. All we need to do is to gather the evidence of Zero's whereabouts from the corpses, animated or otherwise, off the board members, starting with this man."
>>
>>45365317
She tosses you a file photo of a face you recognise well. Mr. Barker, Brian's uncle. "Jeremy Barker. His last known location was at the Trioxin Gala hosted last night in the city ballroom. We need to send a small team of you, myself and one of your friends to find his body and extract any information we can find on it. This mission will require a great deal of tact, as the area is polluted with now evolved zombies, considering the Gala was where the breakout started to spread en masse. We do not know the strengths of your allies, so the choice is yours. Who do you wish to take with you on this expedition?"

>A) Annie
>B) Romero
>C) Brian
>D) Sara
>>
>>45365365
D.
>>
>>45365365
>D) Sara
Check in with Annie on our way out though, ask her to keep an eye on the group while we're out and tell her we will be back
>>
>>45365365
>This mission will require a great deal of tact
Annie probably wouldn't be able to handle it. Sara would lose it. Brian's got a head injury.
>B) Romero
>>
>>45365365
>D) Sara
Why would we pick anyone else?
>>
>>45365646
Romero has a broken arm. Sara seems able to control herself with us around.
>>
>>45365681
>Why would we pick anyone else?
>PTSD
>possibility of going berserk around zombies
>>
>>45365365
I'd really like to bring Sara since she's the best fighter, but I'm afraid of her snapping.

Maybe Brian or Annie?
>>
>>45365699
It's better to avoid zombies rather than fight them in these circumstances. I'd rather someone with a broken arm than a cracked skull, or who might lose it midway through.
>>
>>45365392
>>45365466
>>45365681

With your mission on mind, you, Sara and Christine gather your supplies and get ready to set out. You're running a risk bringing Sara along to an area infested with the undead, but her military training gives her an advantage in pulling out a stealth mission of this kind, and you have faith in her ability to remain calm as long as you're there to support her. Annie gives you a hug before you leave, making you promise to stay safe before Daniel lowers the drawbridge and the three of you set off for the city ballroom.

As you arrive, Christine parks her car a good distance from the ballroom in order to scope out the area with a pair of binoculars. "It is no good," she says, "there are dozens blocking the front door. There is no way to get past them. Luckily, there is a fire escape by the side of the building. Climbing it can will bring us to one of the upper floors, and we can work our way back down from the inside. The three of you leave the car and begin sneaking towards the fire escape, with Sara making sure not to look in the direction of the zombies.

>ROLL D20
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45365934
Welcome to die!
>>
>D) Sara

also:

>Romero
>Having tact
Everyone whose met thinks he's the antichrist. I don't trust Brian to be tactful, and Annie would be in over her head. Sara is the best choice even if she may fly off the handle, she's the only great fighter.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>45365934
SUDDENLY-
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>45365934
And then there's this 1.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>45365934
No 1s plz
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>45365934
Surely we are due for a crit.
>>
>>45365949
>>45365956
>>45365965
>>45365971

You make it to the ladder of the fire escape, trying your best not to make any excessive noise as you climb up. While there were a couple clangs as your feet touched the rungs of the ladder, nothing loud enough to alert the zombies. You reach the top, and pull the ladder up to prevent any of the undead climbing up after you. You now come across the side window of the first floor of the building. It's closed shut. You'll need to find a way to quietly pry the window open, or else you have to move another floor up and try there.

>ROLL D20
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>45366064
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>45366064
Watch us break our hand trying to punch a window like a retard.
>>
>>45366064
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>45366064
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>45366064
Even here you are not safe
>>
>>45366171
You almost doomed us all anon, almost.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>45366064
>>45366171
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
I'll take the chicken
DESTROY US ALL
>>
>>45366124
>>45366159
>>45366171
You borrow Sara's combat knife and slide it under the window, just about managing to pry it open a crack. You're able to open the rest with your hands as you return the knife. The group climbs through the window and land on the inside of the building. Christine points out the stairway that takes you down to the ground floor ballroom. You place your foot on the first step and it lets out a small creak. You'll need to be particularly light-footed while descending these stairs.

>ROLL D20
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45366292
>all this rolling
Crit fail incoming!
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>45366292
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>45366292
>>
>>45366429
Charlie master sneak
>>
>>45366429
I made up for rolling that 2, guys.
>>
>>45366351
>>45366413
>>45366429

You masterfully navigate your way down the staircase, completely silent, and almost ninja-like. As you and the girls reach the bottom of the staircase, you stand out over the balcony of the main ballroom, as your eyes and ears behold a most unusual event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leqHnUM64HU
"THE MINUTE YOU WALKED IN THE JOINT..."

A blonde haired woman in a red sequin dress stood on the ballroom's main stage, belting out Shirley Bassey songs into the microphone... and that was far from the strangest thing. As she sang, she held onto a leather leash... at the end of it, a zombie. Not just any zombie... the animated corpse of Jeremy Barker, hunched over to the point he was practically on all fours. Like his nephew, Jeremy Barker was a notorious womaniser, so this may be considered some kind of Karmic punishment for the man, who knows? On the ballroom's dancefloor were about 13-14 shuffling zombies. The truly odd thing was that none of these zombies saw any interest in harming the woman as she sang her heart out.

"SPEEEEEEEEEND A LITTLE TIME WITH ME!"

How is it that the people are crazier than the undead?

Thanks to your amazingly queit entrance, not even she has noticed you leaning over the balcony, giving you a chance to take action before she knows you're there.

A) Start to pick off the zombies on the main floor, while you're a safe distance away from them. (ROLL D20)
B) This woman is bad news, you just know it. It might be best to try and take her out. (ROLL D20)
C) Grab the woman's attention and demand to know who she is and what's going on here.
>>
>>45366788
>Wait until the end of her song, then start applauding.
I feel like she's completely off her rocker, but she'll be able to give us information we need if we just play along.
>>
>>45366839
This, let's play along. If she can make zombies docile we need to know why.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45366839
>I feel like she's completely off her rocker
If she is, she's less "Coo-coo for Coco Puffs" crazy and more "Sociopath who wants to control the world" crazy.

Also, the zombies are docile for HER, for all we know the second they notice us they won't be so docile.
>>45366788
>D) Try grabing her attention quietly without getting the attention of the zombies.
>>
>>45366839
Backing this.

Maybe tell the girls to stay out of sight first. Make the lady think that Charlie is alone, so we still retain a bit of the element of surprise.
>>
>>45366839
>>45366859
>>45366966

As the woman's singing reaches a crescendo, you bring her attention to your presence on the balcony with a round of applause. "BRAVO! VERY IMPRESSIVE!"

The woman smirks and takes a bow. "Why thank you! I always give my best every night to please the people!" She waves her hand across the ballroom floor, signalling the zombies on the dancefloor as the people. "My name WAS Millie, but I would rather you remember by my new persona, my stage name: RUBY STARLIGHT!"

"Uhh, yeah... Ruby Starlight. So Ruby, how did-"

"NO!" she screamed, "USE THE FULL NAME! IT'S RUBY STARLIGHT!"

"Oh, sorry... Ruby Starlight, how are you not... being eaten right now?"

Ruby Starlight smirked. "Glad you asked! It's all thanks to my main squeeze JB here, isn't that right?" She reaches down and wraps her arms around the neck of the zombie of Mr. Barker, who still shows no intention of biting her. Last night, during that wondrous gala he brought me too, he gifted me this..." she pulls out a small vial with a spray top and some clear liquid inside. "A perfume that he and his scientist friends made personally for me. He told me that if I sprayed it on myself, all the people would continue to love me, even after they had died! And he was right! It just goes to show that it doesn't matter how old the man you're seeing is, as long as he has the right money to spend on you!"

"Interesting," Christine whispered, "they must have developed some kind of pheromone, creating a scent that would lead the undead to believe you are one of them. Eau de Graveyard..."

You and Sara give her a sideways glance.

"What? I am allowed to make jokes."

"So, my adoring audience, would you like to hear another number?" Ruby Starlight asks.

>A) Sure, we'd love to.
>B) First, would we be able to borrow your perfume?
>>
>>45367313
>A) Sure, we'd love to.
She wouldn't be willing to part with her perfume. She'd worry others would love us as much as her. We're probably going to need to kill her.
>>
>>45367313
A
>>
>>45367313
>>A) Sure, we'd love to.

Play along, we can already see how crazy she is, I'd rather she doesn't go full crazy on us yet. Besides, I'm pretty sure she won't let us get close to her perfume. She may be crazy, but I don't think she's stupid.
>>
>>45367313
>>A) Sure, we'd love to.
Better play nice.
For some reason I get a real Parasite Eve vibe from her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDIAk8yZlVE#t=1m48s
>>
Make sure to lavish her with compliments

With people like her, flattery gets you everywhere
>>
>>45367402
>>45367406
>>45367436
>>45367481

"OF COURSE YOU'D LOVE TO!" Ruby Starlight screeched. She cleared her throat as she returned to the microphone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY

"WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD MEN GONE, AND WHERE ARE ALL THE GODS?"

She begins into what is possibly the absolute worst rendition of Bonnie Tyler's "I Need A Hero" that you have ever heard. Maybe it's because she isn't accompanied by a band or any backing music in any way, or maybe it's her completely off-key wails. It's a complete butchering of the original song, and a blight on the senses. The following five minutes are the most painful of your life. Once she finishes, you applaud and clap once more. "EXCELLENT! ENCORE!" you yell, humouring the woman.

She takes several more bows. "THANK YOU! I MUST SAY, YOU ARE SO MUCH MORE APPRECIATIVE THAN MY LAST AUDIENCE!"

"Your last audience?" you ask.

"THEY DIDN'T APPRECIATE MY TALENTS MUCH AT ALL," she wailed, "BUT IT'S OKAY, I LET JB HAVE A LITTLE WORD WITH THEM, AND NOW LOOK AT THEM, DANCING AWAY."

It becomes clear to you that the zombies shuffling on the dance floor are the former audience she refers to.

A) You killed them! You're insane!
B) Put aside your disgust for a moment and try to talk her into giving you the perfume. (ROLL D20)
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>45367644
>B) Put aside your disgust for a moment and try to talk her into giving you the perfume. (ROLL D20)
Zombie Apocalypse: Everyone is fucking crazy.
Time to put on some of the accountant charm.
Incoming spaghetti,
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45367644
>B) Put aside your disgust for a moment and try to talk her into giving you the perfume. (ROLL D20)
Kind of what we're sticking around for even if we're obviously going to crit fail and get mauled by zombies.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45367644
We got a crit, so now its time for a crit fail
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>45367644
>B)
Plz 20
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>45367644

Incoming 1 get ready
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>45367644
JUDAS BE MY GUIDE!
B) Put aside your disgust for a moment and try to talk her into giving you the perfume. (ROLL D20)
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>45367644
Also, why does everyone go completely stupid the instant a zombie happens?

For example! There's the one video game where you're trapped in a mall after you were in some kind of sporting event where you kill zombies, so that you can get enough money from the winnings to pay for medicine that will stop your little girl from becoming a zombie, which she has to take every day or she dies and becomes a monster.

Given that the Zombies had been all rounded up previously, why in the hell weren't they all destroyed? For that matter, why wasn't everyone who needed anti zombie meds lined up, shot, and burned? You don't leave a threat like that around, especially since it can't be cured!
>>
>>45367780
The dice do not like questions.
>>
>>45367780
AND THERE IT IS!
YOU COULDN'T BE HAPPY WITH 16! NO! YOU HAD TO KEEP ROLLING!
>>
>>45367780
Haven't played it but sounds like Dead Rising.
Also, nice crit fail.
>>
>>45367780
You just couldn't leave the 16's alone, could you.
>>
>>45367780
>time for diplomacy
>rev up those rolls!
>1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW-BU6keEUw
>>
>>45367780

O-only the first rolls count, r-right?
>>
>>45367685
>>45367698
>>45367707
>>45367712
>>45367718
>>45367780

"I see," you ask, "now that we've bore witness to your... amazing talent, would you mind letting us borrow your perfume?"

Ruby Starlight's face very suddenly shifted to one of anger. "OH, I SEE HOW IT IS! I GIVE YOU THE GIFT OF MY VOICE AND YET YOU WANT MORE. THAT'S ALL YOU PEOPLE DO, ISN'T IT? TAKE, TAKE, TAKE! WELL, I'VE HAD IT! YOU WON'T TAKE ANY MORE FROM ME! JB, GET THEM!"

She let's loose the leash on Jeremy Barker, who very quickly seeks you out on the top balcony. Jeremy Barker was undoubtedly one of the earliest infected, and as such is evolved to a point completely unseen before. Barker scrambles on all fours, moving swiftly, and to your misfortune, you find out all to soon that he can leap and climb as before you know it he's hanging onto the edge of the balcony in front of you. He grabs you by the shirt, trying to pull you off the balcony and down onto the crowded dancefloor below.

>Roll D20
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>45367922
Show me those 1s!
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>45367922

Oh boy here we go
>>
>>45367954
We can stop rolling now.
>>
>>45367954
OKAY lets stick with this no more 1's please for the love of all things good and right
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>45367922
Time to gtfo
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>45367644
>>
>>45368027
Way too fucking late dawg.
>>
>>45368027
Damn that's late, you using Internet Explorer or something?

Can... can we use this 20 for our current action instead?
>>
>>45367954
>>45367959
>>45367983

Jeremy Barker is amazingly strong, but you're able to resist the force of his pull just long enough for Sara to come in with a running right hook to the face, sending the creature falling from the balcony back down to the floor, incapacitating it for the moment. Sara moves quickly, as she pulls out her rifle, picking off the weaker shuffling zombies on the dance floor one by one.

"MY ADORING CROWD!" Ruby Starlight screams, "HOW DARE YOU!"

She pulls out a small pistol that was tucked into her garter and fires at Sara.

>Roll D20
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>45368090

God dammit these mother fuckers
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>45368090
RIP Sara
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45368090
IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>45368090
MUST
SAVE
BEST GRILL
>>
>>45368108
>>45368109
>>45368126
>>45368154

"Sara, look out!" you yell, pulling her out of the range of Ruby Starlight's gunfire. The good thing is that Ruby Starlight fires aggressively and without thought, and she quickly expends her ammo firing wildly. You decide it's time to fire back as you pull out your handgun and take aim at the songstress who almost murdered both your friend and your eardrums.

>ROLL D20
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>45368210
>roll 1
>miss
>bullets ricochets and hits Sara in the head
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>45368210

Where is Mr. Baker now?
>>
>>45368247
ok we're good, please nobody roll a 1 now
>>
>>45368247
NO MORE ROLLS
>>
>>45368247
>>45368254

You fire off a shot which hits Roby Starlight square in the chest. She immediately collapses to the ground, letting out the most piercing scream you have ever heard. This sets of Mr. Barker, who is back for more, climbing the balcony once again and grabbing you by the arm, trying to pull you down once again.

>ROLL D20
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>45368343
Please pass the egg salad.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45368343
For the love of God, kill it!
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>45368343
Did someone roll a 1?
Cause I think someone rolled a 1!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>45368343
Terrible rolls

Just terrble
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>45368343
GO FOR THE PERFUME
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>45368343
>>45368436

You're one to talk
>>
File: This amuses me.png (259 KB, 636x703) Image search: [Google]
This amuses me.png
259 KB, 636x703
>>45368436
>>
>>45368436
I... I'm sorry everyone.
>>
>>45368456
>>45368458

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I JUST FIXED THE FIRST ONE
>>
>>45368436
>>45368456
>>45368458
I wish to link back to this image, because it is even more appropriate now.
>>
File: herewego.jpg (42 KB, 498x500) Image search: [Google]
herewego.jpg
42 KB, 498x500
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>45368343
W-WE JUST NEED ANOTEHR 20 IS ALL
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>45368343
We are kill
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>45368480
OH GOD I'M SO SORRY WHAT HAVE I DONE
>>
>>45368436
>>45368456
>>45368458
I'm laughing so hard my face hurts.
>>45368515
>>
>>45368515
>>45368456
>>45368436

Today the dice gods have forsaken us

Just.. just stop rolling.
>>
>>45368361
>>45368379
>>45368407
>>45368436
>>45368456
>>45368458
A critical success is outdone by two critical failures. Again. How do you guys manage it?

You try to fight off Barker, but he's far to strong. You are pulled down from the balcony, dropping to the floor below. You land on the base of you spine, and for the current moment, you can't feel anything below the neck. The rest of the zombies come shuffling towards you, and you are completely powerless to defend yourself. All you can do now is hope to be saved from above...

>ROLL D20
>>
Everyone is kill quest over go home everybody
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>45368563
How many more 1s can we get?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>45368563
Dice gods redeem me from my sins
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>45368563
The dice just hate us today don't they
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45368563
No hope. No dreams. Only 1s now.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>45368563

Paraplegic Zombie Apocalypse Quest is a go
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>45368563
fuckfuckfuckfuck
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>45368563
Death is all that awaits us
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

goodbye charlie
>>
These rolls........
>>
Jesus christ, people
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>45368563

Alright guys one last go at this
>>
>>45368727
Good enough
>>
>>45368727
You saved us

Nobody roll anymore

The 1's are strong tonight
>>
>>45368581
>>45368590
>>45368618
>>45368629
>>45368630
>>45368636
>>45368727
Even I'm grateful for that 17. I mean, Jesus Christ.

As the rest of the undead come shambling towards you, Barker shows unnatural aggression for a zombie as he wraps his hands around you neck in an attempt to strangle the life out of you. Thankfully, your saving grace arrives, as Sara comes leaping down from the balcony. She wraps her arms around the waist of Barker from behind and deadlifts the creature, tossing him over her head. She keeps Barker away from you as Christine provides covering fire, but they can't protect you on their own. As you slowly begin to regain feeling in your arms, you attempt to crawl towards the still-bleeding out Ruby Starlight and get hold of her perfume.

>ROLL D20
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>45368807
Deliver us from the evil of these 1s
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>45368807
I'm afraid to roll..
>>
>>45368837
DOUBLE ONES! WE DIED AND THE WORLD IS DOOMED UNLESS WE NUKE THE CITY!
>>
File: 1424122740121.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1424122740121.gif
1 MB, 300x200
>>45368873
>nuke rolls a 1
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>45368807
Surely we can't keep getting 1s?
>>
>>45368849
NO MORE ROLLS
>>
>>45368932
You just had to do it

You just couldn't leave that 18 alone
>>
>>45368932
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>45368932
FUCK YOU ANON
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>45368807
Lets see if we can save ourselves from that 1
>>
>>45368932
>we break the bottle
>all hope is lost
>>
>>45368837
>>45368849

As you slowly start regaining more and more feeling in your body, you crawl over to Ruby Starlight, who's screeching has started to fade as she continues to lose blood. You inspect her possessions, and find the vial of perfume held at the base of her cleavage. You pull it off of her body and spray it on yourself. Now that you're safe, you call Sara over, as she sprints towards you. You hand her over the spray, and she douses it on herself. Just in time too, as Barker had leapt onto her back.

With the two of you safe, Ruby Starlight gasps her last breath. "I... just wanted them to love me..." As the two of you look on at Barker, who is now perfectly docile, Sara turns to you in wonder of what to do with him.

>A) We're going to have to put him out of his misery.
>B) Let's just take what we need from him and leave him here.
>>
>>45368932
HOLY FUCK. You guys are so lucky my connection made me miss this. Otherwise, that bottle would have been shattered as fuck.
>>
>>45369015

>A) We're going to have to put him out of his misery

Wouldn't want someone to leave me in that state.
>>
>>45369015
>>B) Let's just take what we need from him and leave him here.

He's unkillable anyway, right?
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>45369015
>B) Let's just take what we need from him and leave him here.
No time to waste figuring out how to kill him.
Rolling for the hell of it.
>>
>>45369015
Assuming we didn't roll all these 1s, was it possible to talk her down peacefully?
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>45369154
Anything is possible with the power of nOT ROLLING THREE FUCKING 1'S FUCK
>>
>>45369154
It was possible, but a tough roll because of how out of it she was. I set the skill check for convincing her to let you borrow the perfume at 17 or above.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>45369113
>>45369168
>two 13s
Truly we are cursed
>>
>B

He's Return of the Living Dead mode, no point trying to kill what cannot die.
>>
>>45369075
>>45369113
"As much as we should put the poor man out of his misery," you say, "I don't think it can be done. Not until we find a cure, at least."

"That is right," said Christine, who had joined you and Sara and sprayed herself with the perfume as well. "And to add to that point, we do not have time to figure out how we could help him die. By the appearance of how much of the vial Ruby Starlight had used up, the effects of the pheromone are temporary. However, there is still enough left that Eric and myself will be able to produce our own limited supply. It will prove a great help to us. Now..." She begins to root through the pockets of Barker's suit jacket, and pulls out a napkin with some writing on it. "Hmm, it appears this is what we were looking for."

"What is it?" you ask.

"Map co-ordinates," Christine explains, "and the name of another Trioxin board member... Samuel Hitchcock. I suspect we will find him at this location."

"What are you saying, that they all... planned to be in different locations the night of the outbreak. Why?"

"I do not understand why, but I suspect their actions will become clear in time. Perhaps these board members had their own reservations against the Infinity virus, and have left this... treasure hunt for anyone to pick up the pieces after they were gone. For now, we can be thankful that we are one step closer in the search for Patient Zero."

With that, Sara picks you up and helps you out of the ballroom, as the three of you take to Christine's car and travel back to the fort after your first successful mission.

And that's enough stress for the night. See you guys tomorrow! Make sure to pray for no more 1's before you go to bed!

And because absolutely nobody asked for it: http://strawpoll.me/6793321
>>
>>45369622
>all those future penalties to any physical activities
Guess we should just be glad we aren't crippled.
Also, what would've been the result if you did see that last 1?
>>
>>45369622
Thanks for running, that was certainly a wild ride.

I'm looking forward ti our next set of 1's
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>45369622
>pray for no more 1s
WE WILL NEVER ESCAPE THE TERROR OF 1s!
>>
>>45369712
Ruby Starlight would have used the last of her energy to crush the vial out of spite, losing the pheromone forever. Considering how badly you guys were doing, you would have been beyond screwed without the perfume.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45369771
Wow, good thing we got lucky with your internet connection.

Let's see if we can squeeze out one last 1
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>45369771
Given the situation, its sounds like it would've been GAME OVER without GM fiat.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>45369833
Brian would finally get the chance to be the MC he thought himself to be

Makes me wonder now, how would Charlie have acted this whole time if we picked someone else to be MC?
>>
>>45369853
When I wrote up the characters, I figured the two most likely candidates to be chosen were Charlie and Annie, the nerd and the horror movie fan being the most relatable. Had say Annie been picked, the plan was to write Charlie as a meek, yet sensible straight-man of the group, who would give solid advice and generally be the "smart one". Honestly not too far from how you guys have been playing him, only he has had to overcome his meekness due to having leadership thrust upon him.
>>
>>45369622
She also german suplexed our heart
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.