[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Blood Bowl/ General - Failed GFIs Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: Blood_Bowl_cover_photo.jpg (55 KB, 300x216) Image search: [Google]
Blood_Bowl_cover_photo.jpg
55 KB, 300x216
Previous Thread >>45305167

http://www.thenaf.net/
https://fumbbl.com/
http://bbtactics.com/
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
http://marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

/tg/ FUMBBL group, Veterans are starting Round 3, Rookies in Round 3 for 1 more game:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg ; #fumbbl for general chat

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Cknoor's tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O

News About GW's new look at Blood Bowl:
http://www.thenaf.net/2016/01/new-blood-bowl-miniatures-first-look/
http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2016/01/29/blood-bowl-team-lists-now-available/
(Which are CRP teams less the BBRC-approved Slann/Pact/Underworld)
http://www.thenaf.net/2016/01/spubbbbas-modelling-tips-converting/
(guide for converting GW models as the Warhammer World tournament understandably doesn't allow third party models)
>>
Woops!

Tomorrow's matches might keep the thread a little more lively.
>>
>>45350918
Anyone got any thoughts or predictions for how the triple header will play out?
>>
>>45352296

Down a Saurus and having the disadvantage in Guard against a team that has just barely less S4 players means the Quickslithers are going to have to rely on their skinks more for once.

The Helf vs. Welf match earlier in the season was very entertaining to watch, hoping Delf vs. Welf will be just as fun.
>>
>>45352296
>>45352615
In terms of the Dark Elf/Wood Elf matchup, it's hard to call since the Buddhists haven't finalized their purchases. They have enough money for a second Wardancer and have an unpicked skill on a Lineman, so it's possible they can add 2 more blodge guys.

Currently however the Knife-Ears are giving away about 190k in inducements (after the +20k for the extra lineman skill). If the Buddhists add a Wardancer to the roster instead of taking a journeyman, which is a good idea, this leaves them just short of a wizard - 140k in inducements.

Aside from that the Buddhists have 4 guys with dodge, but the Knife Ears have 5 guys with block (1 with block+tackle), and 1 lino with wrestle, so on paper the matchup favours the Knife-Ears pretty heavily, but wardancers will be wardancers...
>>
>>45352901
Dont forget the MA/AV advantages, Really depends how some blocks go.
>>
>>45352901
I'll also point out that the Buddhists are the "dirtiest" elves in the league - they've shown no hesitation and no fear in gangfouling downed players if the armour break odds are favourable.
>>
>>45352296
Quickslithers vs. Animeted Clothing is going to be hard to call also - there's enough Guard and +ST now on the CDs to outmuscle the Sauruses but now all of the Sauruses have Block and BT/Guard too.

Key to this match I think will be whether or not the Chaos Dwarves can receive first; there's enough Guard on the team, and enough threats to Skinks, that they have good chances of stalling out a full 8 turns and maybe killing some Skinks in the process.
>>
>>45352296
Finally, for One Night Rack vs. Red Fang Rockets - this is going to be a very assymmetric matchup. The other two feature a battle of elf bullshit and a battle of cages; but this game could go a lot of different ways.

Mauled gets 270 in inducements - that's either a chainsaw (Ugroth) + bribe + Babe, or a Wizard and 2 babes. Alternately, he could spend the whole wad on inducing Ripper, a S6 troll with no negatraits, which could help a lot with the strength differential.

It's going to be a real uphill battle regardless because of the ability of Necro teams to regen - and One Night Rack is probably the scariest looking team in terms of upgrades right now. Even if you take the Poundinator out of the equation there's also an S5 golem and an S4 Wight, and there's no Tackle on the Orcs either to handle the Ghouls.
>>
Alright /bbg/, which is better: A wardancer with -Ag, or a Minotaur with 2 niggles?
>>
>>45353547
Wardancer with -AG, atleast they still are AG3 which means they can do their job decently. A Mino with 2 niggles that gets punched is likely gone.
>>
>>45353034
I don't think the str differential is as bad as you make it, there is however a pretty big difference in speed.
>>
>>45354006
The paper difference isn't that much I agree, but the wide availability of Block, Dodge, and Stand Firm on the Necro team, along with poorer Orc mobility, means that the Orcs have to roll better than pushes. Necro on the other hand just needs a few key pushes to make a good breakaway due to how fast their carriers are.
>>
>>45354091
Decent amount of guard tho on orcs. The dodge is worrying however.
>>
There are currently 5 players in the rookies with 3 cas each. Moloch of 13.5 elfen, Stanley Goodspeed of the Maniacs, Megatron from BBEG, G Rilla from Monkey Magik, and Ignite from MLA.

My questions, who are you more worried about, and who is the most important to his teams success?
>>
Played a chaos team today that was 400 tv higher then my orcs. Got Morg 'n' Thorg and managed hold the zero until the last turn. A solid game, just pissed off that Morg got the 5 xp thingy.
>>
>>45354469
Moloch has mighty blow which is scary for an elf. However Megatron I think is more important to the team. G Rilla needs to actually pick his skill first.
>>
Frogs soon.
>>
>>45354564
Star players always get MVP
especially if they die
>>
>>45355537
Oh didnt know that. Thanks anon.
>>
>>45355563
I meant it jokingly
they aren't actually guaranteed to take it
>>
>>45355577
They're as guaranteed to steal MVP as you are to fail GFIs into an endzone.
>>
>>45355654
only if you're doing a 1TTD
>>
>>45355654

Or as likely Werewolf with Mighty Blow is to constantly roll no higher than a 6 on armour rolls for the rest of his career.
>>
>>45355654
>>45355668
But I always fail my GFIs
>>
>>45355654
>>45355668
>>45355672
>>45355682
>thats a blood bowl
>>
>>45355682
git gud
>>
>>45354469
Maniacs are definitely the scariest considwring the whoke team since they have piling on too and vlaw on olves on top of that
>>
File: 1441044198353.jpg (49 KB, 383x472) Image search: [Google]
1441044198353.jpg
49 KB, 383x472
>tfw prematch and postmatch feel regardless of odds or outcome
>>
File: animal_companion.gif (2 MB, 360x414) Image search: [Google]
animal_companion.gif
2 MB, 360x414
>>45355987
>tfw getting the win despite the odds.
>>
games soon
>>
Am I the only one who cant in games in blood bowl 2?
>>
>>45358013
America's late night suck for finding games in anything but the NAF.
>>
>>45358045
I am playing in the NAF, never had the problem before. Oh welp, time to validate files and all that.
>>
>>45358045
i am not sure on this,but i think BB 2 has regional matchmaking, i have problems finding players in european latenight which should be american afternoon/evening
>>
Anon who has been doing the midweek McMurdys updates...

Please don't ever stop, I want a paste bin with all the updates. When one of my games is written up, I light up like a kid in a candy store.

You are a beautiful human being and you are turning a great experience into an amazing one.

Don't you ever stop being awesome.
>>
Hey anyone know where I can find the song that starts cKnoors blood bowl streams?
>>
hi guys, i was not a warhammer player before becoming a BB player, what are Tomb Grardians in warhammer?the closest thing i can find are tomb guards, which are small though. Were tomb guardians squatted? did they get a downsize? am i imagining things and actually tomb guardians are small?
>>
>>45358233
Tomb Guardians are simply Khemri Mummies. In earlier editions they had the exact same name and stat line as Undead Mummies, but 4 S5 Mighty Blow players was considered a trifle overwhelming, so they lost Mighty blow and got a new name to differentiate them from the Undead positional.

Generally speaking not all Blood Bowl players have exact equivalences to WHFB soldiers either - they're athletes, not soldiers. A human lineman isn't an Empire mercenary.
>>
>>45358340
ah, yes i knew they used to be mummies,but can't find those either. were mummies squatted?(yes i know not everything has a direct equivalent, but i thought mummies were a thing in skeleton king armies too)
>>
>>45358442
They were featured as an enemy in the RPGs and in Warhammer/Hero Quest, but I don't recall if they ever got an army unit. Not familiar enough with older editions of WFB to be sure.
>>
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=821106

it begins
>>
File: jimandbob2.jpg (56 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
jimandbob2.jpg
56 KB, 600x338
Our first match of today's Triple Thursday Veteran League Extravaganza is live!

Come watch the grudge match between Quickslithers and Animeted Clothing - with Animeted Clothing looking to pay back the Lizards for knocking them out of the playoffs last season!

https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=821106

One hour later we'll have the Naggarond Knife-Ears vs. the Buddhist Elves in a battle of elf bullshit, and then an hour after that we have a showdown between the Red Fang Rockets and One Night Rack! Stayed glued to your Cabalvision screen, ladies and gents, because today's Triple Thursday!
>>
>>45358146
Seconding, It makes it hard to stay salty about a 2-0 loss because of poor math skills
>>
>>45358531
Correction: Animted Clothing never got to play Quickslithers a second time like they wanted.
>>
>>45358507
well thank you
>>
>>45358013
bump. Still cant find any opponents. Anyone know what is causing this?
>>
>>45358531
And the Animeted Clothing take it, 2-1. A spectacular display of Skink blood!

Next up is the Buddhists vs. the Knife-Ears!
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=821138
>>
>>45359354
>display of Skink blood!

>Check the match summary cause i've missed the game
>0 serious injuries listed
I mean, well done Animeted clothing, but i was hoping "skink blood" would mean making life a little bit easier for us all.
>>
>>45360214
Sadly just badly hurts, but that just means more blood for yourself!
>>
>>45358534
>>45358146
TFW always play late in the weeks because work. Always look for my teams during the mid week and never see them. Suffering.
>>
rate triple thursday
>>
File: Best Game Ever.jpg (324 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
Best Game Ever.jpg
324 KB, 1024x640
I just had my first game in the BB2 world cup ladder, oh wow, I used up my whole luck for ever!

Won 2:1 with 6 cas
and the Kroxigor got Block

Thank you Nuffle, praise be!
>>
>>45362744
>pow pow lucker noob
Top salt.
>>
>>45362686
Pretty good, nothing too crazy happened though, like no one big got truly injured.
>>
File: bob-and-jim.jpg (66 KB, 300x412) Image search: [Google]
bob-and-jim.jpg
66 KB, 300x412
>>45358531
And that's it for our Triple Thursday Blood Bowl Special!

Quickslithers vs. Animeted Clothing (2-1): Our props to Clothing coach Crab for focusing on important things - pasting the pitch with Skink blood! A reckless initial drive by the Chaos Dwarves handed the ball quite literally to the waiting claws of the Quickslithers, but gave the Animeted Clothing several precious turns in which to hammer the Lizardmen skink reserve. Intentional or not, the tactic proved effective, forcing the Slithers to score fast.
In their second drive, the Clothing swung around the lizardmen line and with fewer Skinks to screen them off were able to wreak havoc in the backfield. The Quickslithers were down to one lowly Skink by the second half and 8 players total, making it child's play for the Chaos Dwarfs to pluck free the ball and win the game 2-1.

Naggarond Knife-Ears vs. Buddhist Elves (3-0): Another battle where the body count proved decisive! The Knife Ears scored an early casualty, downing the Buddhist's rookie Wardancer, then grinding the ball up on their offensive drive to take an early lead, despite taking severe casualties to the Buddhist defence.
A fatal opening in the Buddhist offensive drive allowed the Knife Ears to steal the ball early in the second half for a rapid handoff score, and a desperate attempt at a quick score by the Buddhists was yet again foiled, allowing the Dark Elves to steal the ball once more for a 3-0 win.

Red Fang Rockets vs. One Night Rack (0-3): Troll fans got a treat today with the sight of star player Ripper taking the field alongside the Red Fang line. Despite his talent at dismembering zombies, the razor-sharp claws of the Rack Werewolves Warmongrel and the Poundinator proved more than a match for the Rocket's armour, scoring a multitude of KOs on every drive and giving the Necromantic team a clear path to the endzone. Remember folks, shell out extra to "werewolf-proof" your armour!
>>
>>45363256
Crazy value from that Ripper purchase, he got 11 SPP that game.
>>
>>45363322
Half of that was because he stole the MVP, admittedly. Would have got 14 if he had made the TD.
>>
How many times will the throwra fail the pickup, Bets folks?
>>
>>45363588
8 times
>>
>>45363630
Only once, Do I foul or score? It would level my thro ra if i scored but...turn 16 foul...
>>
>>45363588
12 times. All the other players will fumble it back to him and he'll drop it again.
>>
>>45363665
Drumroll....
>>
>>45363798
>>
>>45363819
R E G E N
>>
>>45363819
Yet elves and lizards argue who's the best team. The answer is clear.
>>
TOMB GUARDIAN BALL SKILLS
>>
>>45364517
dodge*
>>
>>45364517
>Khemri pass play
>>
>>45365148
KHEMRI PASS PLAY
>>
>>45365169
TOMB GUARDIAN BALL SKILLS
>>
>>45364460

Lizards followed by Skaven. Both broken to hell and back. Chaos seriously need a buff.
>>
>>45365169
Someday I will also realize the Khemri dream and get a +AG/Diving Catch/Catch Skeleton receiver...
>>
>>45365402
Skaven are fast but fragile. They syart to bleed once thier positionals get killed, which they will. Position anything near them and they will get flattened. Thier only not str3 is mediocre at best.
Lizards are scary until you realized thier bashers have no kill skills to start, only skinks have dodge stunty but can get killed with little effort.
Chaos has already removed anything else and ESPECIALLY high AV teams from high TV. There really needs to be some fix to some aspect of the team.
>>
>>45366206
Lizards start with a massive strength advantage on anyone other than orges or Khemri. Anyone fast enough to get the skinks can't stand up to the sauras and anything bashy enough to mark saurases can't catch the MA8 skinks
>>
I'm trying to read the old game updates. Are the Mid-week updates saved anywhere? I could only go back a few thread.
>>
Boss I have time tonight if you want an walry game ill message on fumbbl too so you can see this quick.
>>
>>45366640
Use one of the archival sites like desustorage to go back to old threads.
>>
File: matchreport.png (81 KB, 664x451) Image search: [Google]
matchreport.png
81 KB, 664x451
>>45366640
Also, if you have a match report about one of your games and you'd like to immortalize it for posterity, the best way is probably to use the "Match Report" feature on the game results overview page. Simply go to one of your team's games, hit "Add/Edit Match Report" (as shown) and copy/paste the text in for a match report that stays with the replay.
>>
>>45367279
>desustorage

thanks
>>
>>45364517
>>45365169
>>45365290
I miss our Khemri teams in the league.
>>
>>45366610
That's why it's all in positioning. Tie up saurii. Thry can knock you over but no kill skills makes it hard to take you out of action. A big guy ties up 2 or 3 (if you're lacking a big guy you probably have some s4 somewhere or are elves so dodge) so a few lineman and a big guy takes out the ones you want to avoid. Don't have all guys on the line. Keep a few back to blitz skinks. Don't need to catch them, let them come to you. The s2 fucks the skinks. Also they can't dodge forever, if they have 6 saurii they probably only have 2 rerolls, they will eventually make mistakes. I'm not saying lizards are not a strong and competitive team. Just not OP if you play smart.
>>
>>45368238
I miss Khermi in warhammer
>>
>>45369056
6 saurus no krox is a 3RR start usually.
>>
>>45369253
Who the hell doesn't take a Krox?
>>
>>45369317
Guys that want 3 RRs.
>>
File: lizardmen.jpg (219 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lizardmen.jpg
219 KB, 1280x720
>>45366610
>>45369056
Common mistake too when playing against Lizards is feeling that you need to base *all* the Lizards every turn - which you actually don't to be safe.

The whole thing with AG1 is that a Lizard coach will never willing dodge through a screen even if there's room to do so, so you can set screens looser that you could with say, elves. Normally setting screens that are diagonal can often leave gaps where an opponent can enter both tackle zones and make a single dodge out. This is easy for AG4, doable for AG3, but flat out ill-advised for less.

If you're an agility team, box in the lizards with superior movement so you're facing only one blitz, and layer your screens so the lizards can only blitz cannon fodder. Wait for an opportune moment where the lizards have just enough separation from the Skinks (which often happens as a result of a turnover) to close the screens around and isolate the Sauruses.

For bashier teams, most offer ST4 or ST5 positionals - Orcs, for example, get 4 Black Orc Blockers. All you need to do is mark up and isolate 3 out of 6 lizards (because one can and will always blitz free), and then you out-strength him (because the rest of the team is S2).

A Krox makes these counter tactics a little harder (prehensile tail to stop dodging screens and high ST to outmuscle bash teams), which is why I think it's always a good idea for a Lizard coach to start with one - but a Krox is also unreliable and means less skinks on the pitch you need to remove - so a Krox makes the job easier in some ways but harder in others.
>>
File: screeningbasics.gif (292 KB, 342x326) Image search: [Google]
screeningbasics.gif
292 KB, 342x326
>>45370084
Lizardmen above all other teams teach the importance of screens and how to layer your screens correctly, which is why new players find them hard to deal with.

If you have even one gap in your screen or a gap that can be made the lizards will swarm through and eat you alive.

It's better to think of them as fundamentally very similar to Skaven - they aim to punch a small hole in the line and swarm through using high movement. Skaven make up for their strength and armour deficiencies with a large bench and skills, Lizardmen get fewer numbers and skills but higher armour and strength.
>>
>>45370180
Something people do against me when I play lizard way too often, OVERcommit to skink murder, That is EXACTLY what we expect you will be doing, you can have one guy blitzing them but for christ sake dont have like 5 guys trying to base my 3ag dodge stunty pieces. Im going to be smashing the rest of your team into a fine red paste.
>>
Remember kids, If you ignore your skinks you too can have all this at 1800 tv.
Eventually ill get motivated and level my krox
>>
>>45370180
its worth noting that skinks genuinely dont care about 1tz, The only reason they arent dodging through you is they usually dont have 4ag
>>
>>45370529
>All that sexy guard, tackle and blodge
forget skinks dude, sauri looking good if you get them some break tackle
>>
>>45370529

>only one stat up

That's just shameful, and why the fuck do you need 5 identically built Saurus, get some variety in there like a Frenzy Saurus.
>>
Dammit, found this thread, now i why want to continue my suffering as Khemri in CE.
>>
>I want to continue
>>
>>45371266
You can join one of the FUMBBL leagues or the BB2 league and spread that suffering around!
>>
>>45371266
We do still need one more person in the fumbbl Rookie league.
>>
>>45370994
All 6 saurus have break tackle tackle guard block, the only differences are MB on one dodge on 4 and str up on one
>>
>>45371372
>>45371389
The problem is that I usually don't have much dedication to something. How often do you/divisions in leagues play? Also, I live in UTC+10 and I didn't play on fumbbl before.
>>
>>45371473
Swiss style. So 6 matches, usually 1 game a week. Top players go to play-offs for bragging rights. We just started up last fall so we are only in season 2 right now.

Time zone could be a problem, but so long as one person is willing to be up late / early it would be fine. Fumbbl is hard at first, but just take some time to look at your options and make sure to remember there are no take backs and to declare everything first and you should do fine.
>>
I have a goofy chaos team in BB2 with a mino and full beastmen.
Based on horn puns and song names, led by the minotaur horn to be wild they have been much more successful than expected so far.
Question is, what do I give the mino as a first skill? Torn between juggernaut and claw.
>>
>>45371473
FUMBBL is free to play, so you can sign up for an account if you'd like - this will also allow you to spectate games as well to get an idea of the game.
If you'd rather not jump in right away you can catch the replays or some of the matches live and get a feel for the relative skill level.

You can also feel free to hang out on the IRC channel as well - details are in the OP and coaches sometimes hang out to talk strategy or general Blood Bowl. We use #tg on irc.fumbbl.com
>>
>>45371595
Give him Tentacles. You can then park the minotaur anywhere beside enemy players and they will never go anywhere, which I think is the best use of a Big Guy and it means his Wild Animal is slightly less of a liability.

If you insist on Blitzing a lot with the Mino, take Juggernaut - this allows you to treat Both Downs as a push; and without Block to start Both Downs will wreck you on a blitz. The other reason is that the main reason to blitz with a frenzy piece is to create space or surf guys, and Juggernaut does that by allowing you to ignore Stand Firm. Claw is a bad choice because you have no reliable way to get Block and Tackle; armour break is only rolled if you can actually knock down an opponent. Also, one of the killstack skills that combines with Claw, Pile On, sets your Minotaur face down on the pitch - at which point you need to roll a 4+ to stand him up again.

You can turn one of your other beastmen into a killer just fine - he can take Block/Claw/MB/PO and you can use him for piece removal with the right assists in play. A Minotaur if taken should be used more positionally - either as an S5 Tentacles source or as a space/surf-making Frenzy blitzer.
>>
>>45371733
>not having clawpomb jumpup on your minotaur
>>
>>45371595
>>45371733
The other issue I would caution is that I'm not sure if Juggernaut has a bad implementation in BB2. I've heard it had a never-fixed issue in CE where it didn't properly counter Wrestle on a both down. I'm unsure how it is in BB2 so your mileage may vary. At least in tabletop and FUMBBL it's meant to counter Wrestle and Stand Firm on a blitz.
>>
tfw halftime
>>
Ok, so I've got a Wood Elf team, and I just bought my second Catcher.

Now, I was considering doing him as a ball stripper, but I've had both my Wardancers roll +MV, so I have a huge amount of threat, even more than usual.

Should I still go the Wrestle + Dauntless and other stripping skills combo, or should I do something else with him?
>>
>>45371665
I already played BB (Chaos Edition on PC), read up stuff on how to play Khemri, though I'm still relatively new, and most likely will have problems with positioning.
>>
Rolled 3, 6, 2 = 11 (3d6)

uphill 3die by snotling
>>
What a steal, Probably only wants 100k!
>>
Saurus get guard because 4-5 is a big deal and theres 6 of them, do tomb guardians benefit from it as much? Or is MB-Break Tackle the best start
>>
>Tfw I got two blitzes as khemri vs darkelves with no subs and now the first half isnt even over and he has 2 dead players and 3 injured ones
>>
>>45372693
>>
>>45372848
>Implying Khemri would be able to pick up the ball and get it to line in 2 turns
>>
>>45372509
Depends on your context. Mighty Blow earns you more casualties over the long run which definitely helps Tomb Guards getting to the next level. It's much fast to go MB>Guard or MB>BT than the other way around.

Guard is useful any way you slice it - even one Guard can be game changing, and Tomb Guards are hard to push away because they are S5. The assists make a big difference for your Blitz-Ras and skeletons, and Khemri quite frankly have no options when caught in a scrum other than bash through it, which Guard helps immensely with..

On the flip side you may not have the luxury of farm games in your league. Usually the best compromise is to stagger development; have some TGs start with Guard and some with MB.
>>
>>45372085
FUMBBL plays games via a Java client, not through CE, just to make that clear.
>>
File: 21.png (5 KB, 395x190) Image search: [Google]
21.png
5 KB, 395x190
>>45373025
I guess I'll just go fuck myself then.
>>
Ok, looks like everything working. Is there a way to launch app without match, simply to get used to controls and everything?
>>
>>45373545
There's test mode available. Check the documentation for details here: https://fumbbl.com/help:Test+mode

Be sure that if you start a game in test mode, finish it to completion just in case (even if you just click end turns to get to the finish). There shouldn't be any bugs for ending the match part way but there are some anecdotal reports of difficulty getting test mode to reset fully; better safe than sorry.
>>
>>45373001
One more thing to note about TG development - in a league, there's some argument to taking Mighty Blow on almost all or all the players who can get it (including the Blitz-ras) and dirty player skeletons - you want other players in the league to *fear* your Khemri and be hesitant about getting in close, which helps your positional game a lot.

You might also convince an elf coach to spend 150k on babes+apothecary rather than a wizard; and that's infinitely easier to deal with than a lightning bolt.
>>
>>45373907
>Not going 14 DP skeletons MB Star Chainsaw Star
>>
Are Khemri sleeper OP, hidden by lizardmen?
>>
>>45375397
Kek
>>
>>45370084
>box in the lizards with superior movement
Lizards are one of the fastest teams in blood bowl. They have the fastest S4 pieces and the second fastest pieces overall.
>>
>>45370529
ALWAYS FOUL SAURUSES
Unless you are nurgle, chaos, or Necro, then you claw pomb.
>>
>>45371014
What Stat up do you give a Saurus other than +st?
>>
>>45375699

+MA
>>
>>45375397
>Blockers only have 4 MA and have to roll double injury rolls and no G access making them hard to skill and hard to keep alive when they skill
>only 2 block
>Thro-Ra's are literally the worst thrower in the game
>skellies are slow and have below average armor
>>
File: 1442064315780.jpg (52 KB, 480x805) Image search: [Google]
1442064315780.jpg
52 KB, 480x805
>Teams in competitive divisions are expected to strive for at least 11 players on the roster. While this doesn't mean that any team below 11 players must immediately hire a new lineman, coaches are expected to not let the team deteriorate on purpose.

What the fuck, I wasn't aware of this rule on FUMBBL, this shit is fucking stupid. Some guy opened a thread in the FUMBBL forums saying an admin had contacted him because his HE team had like 500k in the bank and had journeymen and the admin told him to spend his money, so he made the thread to talk about the rule.

And what happens? 4 pages of retards telling him 'the rules are the rules', some guys agreeing or discussing the rule, and admins saying 'oh youre just bitching theres nothing to discuss if you got a problem PM Chris, locking this thread lmao'

here's the thread https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=27413 if you want to take a look
>>
File: 1397792151129.jpg (70 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1397792151129.jpg
70 KB, 330x319
>elf teams
>>
>>45376176
Some players in Box or Ranked will purposely not higher new linos because they don't think loner is a big problem and want to save their cash incase of a lot of positional injuries. Fumbbl considers this kind of cheating for an AV7 coach to do (in the same way BB2 players will play with a team of 5 or 6 super leveled up dudes and all loners so they get matched up vs worse teams).
>>
Any news on Wurld's Ej Face Fumpers vs Da Readin' Painbow?
>>
>have six teams on fumbbl
>4 of the six have regen
>5 of the six have cheap linemen
>mfw I am a fouling coach
>>
>>45376275
I don't see the problem here, with AV7 you're just a few punches away from death and this is even bigger at higher TVs, your positionals are what matter and they're often very expensive, if you don't save money in the bank you're just a game away from your key players getting career ending injuries or dying and having no money to replace them, and without them their odds of winning decrease and so does the money they're able to make, and every game any of your players can potentially die, tldr death spiral

furthermore, this is fumbbl's own houserule and I do think that's bullshit, if they want to apply their own rules to the game they can start their own official league, but the rules should be left untouched. This is no different than Cyanide making up their own retarded rules, rules should be standard across all the platforms, if every platform decides to make their own fanfic of the rules it just becomes a mess of everyone does whatever they want

leagues already exist to change the rules, the standard rules should be left untouched for everyone and only updated as it would normally be
>>
>>45376176
It's locked because the discussion has been done to death long past.
The rule is well established and designed to prevent teams accruing cash for no reason.
It came in mainly because of certain low TVs bashers running a couple of clapomb legends and a bunch of journeymen while having millions on the bank.
You can argue the impact is negligible and actually hindering the perpetrator, but the community found the practice distasteful and they house ruled it.
It's all rather trivial.
>>
>>45376425
By letting you run with loners and saving your cash you are negating the elves biggest weakness IE death spirals. HElves,DElves,WElves, and Lizards are all death spiral teams. That is how they are balanced.

A team with 11 line elves is still a very good low TV team.
>>
>>45376425
Standard rules aren't really standard when it comes to leagues and admining.

Fumbbl does not 100% emulate the latest rules anyway (eg cards) but implying this particular rule is some kind of wild deviation is patently stupid. It has a very specific application to a tiny minority of teams.

If you are banking a couple of 100k to pre-emptively replace a wardancer or something you will never fall foul of it or see any admin action.
>>
Which team is a good choice to learn playing actual ball game and not boxing on the grass?
>>
>>45376728
Wood or Pro Elves.
>>
>>45376728
Pro Elves, Wood Elves, and Skaven
>>
>>45376744
>>45376880
Pro Elves are normal Elves?
>>
>>45376931
yes, also, pretty much any elf team works, in a way amazons i guess
>>
>>45375750
Regen and thick skull makes skellies deceptively tough. Also dirt cheap.
4 st5 pieces with regen mighty blow is a hell of a roadblock.
Thro ras are less throwers and just ball handlers. Can't really throw when you get exactly 1 target (the other throra.)
Not saying they are OP. But better then many would admit.
>>
>still not fan modification with Sigmar's team
Go to /vg/ renegades.
>>
>>45377614
Is there really a other general there?i thought /v/ didn't care about BB
>>
>>45377450
What you say is pretty faulted,
First off thro ras aren't even good ball carriers and they can give the ball to any other piece as easily as to a throra,skellies are hard to injury but they are frail in that they get stunned and sent off the pitch, even if they regen, too easily for a bashy team. The team suffers,like any other bashy team in attack against a full 11 players,but on top of that khemri get abaolutely no innate bonus to piece removing and few starting skills and easy to remove or stun linemen,even if they can get back next drive it might be too late.
Khemri have great problems early on when they have no MB,no tackle,no block which means you get way too many turnovers. On top of being slow like other bashers they have a unique problem in their agi 2, it's way too easy to lose a turn to pick up and sometimes you can't afford that,then ther is the little bonus of rain fucking them harder than any other team. They actually get oretty good at mid tv IF you got that spp you need on TGs which can't td(unless you are dominating the game) and blitzers,which you must risk pretty hard to get tds on.
They are pretty good on paper if you had some good games at the beginning or in a perpetual,but you risk having bad few games and sucking the whole league if you don't. They are not as bad as joke teams,but they are probably the worst "serious" team
>>
Are the last teams in rookies playing anytime soon?
>>
>>45378044
I wasn't saying they are OP maybe not even average. But I've heard many players put them on joke team tier. Rain does flat out wreck them, can't defend that. But for a decent bashy game they are not awful. They are just dedicated to hitting and little else. With a few skills and maybe a stat up or two they are decently competent team. As anecdotal as this is, the best Fumbbl piece is a Blitzra. They can work with a decent coach.
>>
>>45376176
>>45376425

Keep in mind the competitive divisions are [R] and [B]. Private leagues are unaffected; it's at the discretion of the league commissioner. The alternative is implementing a bank rule ala BB2, but that also has it's own share of problems.

This method actually gives you *more* flexibility than BB2's hard cap of 150k banked. This rule lets you save up more and play with journeymen for longer. The mods usually give plenty of leeway - it's when you start surpassing 500k and your team is mostly journeymen that you run into problems. The idea is to emulate the bank rule without being as punishing.
>>
>>45378292
Yeah they are decent,it's just that in league they are a gamble and the payoff is a decent team, they are absolutely fine for perpetual
>>
>>45377874

No there isn't
>>
>>45376280
>Anonymous 02/12/16(Fri)10:20:02 No.45376280â–¶
>Any news on Wurld's Ej Face Fumpers vs Da Readin' Painbow?
I believe they said trying for sunday.
>>
>Had an idea for injurys lowering your pieces TV
>Wait
>0 TV DP nevermind
>>
>>45379010
Not only that,it would get the worst out of minimaxers and give an unfair advamtage to people who get -ag on black orcs for example. Plus injuries are supposed to be bad,wouldn't make much sense to get a little advamtage even if you lose a relevant stat
>>
>>45378292
Yeah, they're hardly joke tier, but they are considerably weaker than they were in LRB4, where all the Mummies got Mighty Blow to start.

The best comparison is with Dwarves - another slow positional team that aims to grind up the LOS. Much like Dwarves, they don't have a Plan B if things go wrong, but unlike them they have far less in the way of Block and access to strength skills, which makes it even harder for them to recover from a swing of bad luck.
>>
>45379951
Even if they do well, there is always the chance of sudden collapse like what happened to Pharaohs of Funk since Decay on your main blockers isn't great.
>>
>>45379951
>>45380024
Sorry, here is your (you)
>>
>>45379951
That's a fair comparison. Tomb guardians do need something to make them different then 'worse mummies' either a starter skill or better access. Isn't the lore the 'elite' of the Undead blood bowl stars.
>>
>>45380487
What if their regen were 2+ instead?
>>
>>45378292

>Rain basically kills the team made of bone and dust from the desert

It's like poetry
>>
>>45380487
I'd actually give them Grab to start. It reinforces Khemri's positional play without giving them something unbalancing at TV1000 like 4x Guard or 4x Mighty Blow.
>>
File: 1445254201485.jpg (239 KB, 945x1181) Image search: [Google]
1445254201485.jpg
239 KB, 945x1181
Yesterday we did Catgirl Team, Today is Elementals!
Hardmode: Dont just copy paste the sekrit league elementals. Be creative.
>>
>>45381212
What about 4x Standfirm?
>>
>>45381245
Fire Sprite: 0/2 7MA2ST3AG5AV Stunty Stab Regeneration
Wind Sprite: 0/2 8MA1ST4AG5AV Stunty Titchy Regeneration
Earth Sprite: 0/2 5MA3ST2AG8AV Stunty Stand Firm Regeneration

For the first positionals
>>
>>45381278
Grab is shittier than stand firm and stand firm is usually the 3rd of 4th strength choice for most tomb guardians

MB or Guard as 1 and 2 if they roll block break tackle as 3 if they don't stand firm as 3

It is something they already tend to take and doesn't do much to change the mechanics of how they work. Where as grab wouldn't normally ever be taken pretty much and as such it is more interesting
>>
How about a team where all the pieces are St2, but start with guard MB Or maybe just guard
>>
>>45381408
Elder Fire Elemental: 0/1 4MA4ST2AG8AV Regeneration Mighty Blow Claw Wild Animal
Elder Wind Elemental: 0/1 6MA3ST4AG7AV Regeneration Dodge Sidestep Leap
Elder Earth Elemental: 0/1 3MA5ST1AG10AV Regeneration Thick Skull Mighty Blow Stand Firm Grab

Also the entire team should have Animosity for sure.
>>
>>45381490
Take Root on the earth elemental probably
>>
>>45381490
Fire Elemental: 0/6 6MA3ST2AG7AV Mightyblow Frenzy Regen
Wind Elemental: 0/6 7MA2ST3AG6AV Sidestep Shadowing Diving Tackle Regen
Earth Elemental: 0/6 4MA4ST1AG8AV StandFirm Grab Regen

Sprite: 0/16 6MA1ST3AG7AV Stunty Titchy Guard Decay
>>
>>45381428
>>45381212
Wasn't there that one ruleset that altered Undead Mummies to have grab? Kinda shows it would be a useful but not game breaking skill.
>>45381278
Standfirm2gud also would make them feel more like flesh golems. Big defensive pillars instead of bulldozers who roll over your opponent.
>>
>>45381656
The entire team has animosity, And a extraordinary that functions as reverse guard for other elementals nearby maybe? Giving sprites value in canceling that out.
>>
>>45381693
Yea, I think it would be more fun and flavorful for teams to have more interesting skills that you wouldn't normally take rather than ones everyone always takes anyway.

gobbos should start with sneaky git no price increase
>>
>>45381693
I'm slightly worried about Stand Firm being not differentiated enough. Grab, like >>45381428 is something interesting that makes them different from other big guys/blockers. It's a skill that is tough to justify a skill roll on but is great to have for free, like Nerves of Steel.
>>
What if astrogranite field added 1 to all armor rolls on the field instead of just GFI?
>>
>>45381863
Bashy teams would be OP.
>>
>>45381907
>implying chaos wouldnt instantly concede when they saw your pitch to protect their pixels
>>
On another note, I do want to point out the the FUMBBL Custom League Alpha is live and kicking: https://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1884

I think it's probably best to leave off custom leagues for /tg/ stuff for now as there's still some kinks to work out for it and it would take some setup - but it's quite possible that as the feature is refined some of the custom rosters and some of the fixes we're talking about could actually be taken for a test drive.
>>
>>45382051
And before anyone goes crazy about custom rosters - right now you can only select LRB6 or Stunty Rosters, and modify progression tiers (so you could have the first level happen at 3 SPP, or set it to 10 SPP, etc., or even no progression for an NAF-style resurrection tournament), so it's still very limited. But potentially down the line there might be the ability to let leagues create their own custom rosters.
>>
>>45382051
I can play Goblin Cheaters in a league? HNNG
>>
File: ruleset.png (37 KB, 972x550) Image search: [Google]
ruleset.png
37 KB, 972x550
>>45382121
Thing is you'll have. Also the rulesets feature still allows you to play with some of the common houserules; this was available before the Custom League Alpha (see pic). These are mostly options proposed by Plasmoids CRP+ ruleset, like the PO fixes and changes to Right Stuff.
>>
>>45382170
*Thing is you'll have to start a brand new team and league for it - currently you can't transfer existing league teams into a custom league; they need to be built from scratch.
>>
>>45381749
I agree with both of these. Something interesting to make them unique. Honestly something like Pro might be a bit OP but would make a solid starter for something with decay. Also would help mitigate rerolls that they consume.
>>45381761
I don't follow? I think it's good they don't have Stand Firm. Grab would be a flavorful skill.
>>
>>45382191
I was responding to the poster who suggested "4x" Stand Firm in >>45381278 and I linked the wrong post.
>>
Tfw 1380 TV chaos and I have clawMBblock on all 4 CW and 3 have dodge and the fourth has PO
>>
>>45382668
>no guard
>>
Pretty new to blood bowl, I've got a Skaven team on BB2 with a few games under my belt. Currently got 13 players and sitting at roughly 1200 TV. Is it worth getting a 14th or is that overkill at the moment? I do tend to suffer a lot of casualties if my opponents don't concede.

Current team is 1 Thrower, 2 SV, 4 GR and 6 linerats.
>>
>>45382945
2 is plenty, it's nice to have some replacements on skaven as they get hurt easily and are quite cheap, but they're not super useful and 3 would be bloat territory, especially on the early TV you're at when the enemy doesn't even have that much bash skills.
>>
>>45382945
If you're routinely taking enough casualties that 12 or 13 players isn't enough, it's probably more important to take a good hard look at your playstyle - this will help you a lot more than trying to up your bench. Look for places where you can screen instead of mark with your rats, and they'll live longer, and consider whether scoring quick is better than letting your opponent pound your rats.
>>
>>45372082
Still curious about this.
>>
>>45382668
Tfw my horn team with mino and only beastmen is much cooler than yours.
>>
Kawaii Dwarfgakuen vs Rolling the Rat Risk live right now

https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=821707
>>
>>45385050
We are booing the lack of chain saw, not the rats
>>
Those dwarves need to fire their agents, 20k for a win!
>>
>>45385050

We were pulling for you Rat bastards.
>>
>>45386300
Aww, thanks. I'm not a very good rat player, but I love the team and will keep trying with them. Put Leap on a +AG Gutter Runner, so hopefully I can slip through some lines easier and maybe win another match this tourney!
>>
>>45386375
May his AV6 never fail.
>>
>>45386375
I was rooting for you, then I remembered that you are a monster.
>>
>>45386375

You didn't do too bad, the biggest flaw I saw you do was not delay me to turn 7-8 on the first drive. I had one player down and would have been forced to use the chainsaw, and it would have been a big waste. Was actually afraid you were going to do that.

And the 4 turn dwarf touchdown as well, of course. Not always expected, but sometimes happen.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

GFI
>>
Rolled 1, 5 = 6 (2d6)

>>45388564
Armor
>>
I did my bret foul team in bb2 and got a concede my first game in naf. Big win for me. I managed to start with 4 blitzers and 2 rr and 10 linemen. Once I got him under 11 players it was game over.
>>
>>45388665
get free wizard asap for fireball/lightning MORE INJURYS
>>
>>45372082
>>45383658
Wrestle/Dauntless is still handy - you'll always find a use for him even if he's not a ball sacker - he matches an S4 player on a 3+ and a S5 player on a 4+, which are decent odds still if you need to drop a big guy in a pinch (and 4+ to drop a troll, mummy, or treeman is pretty reasonable).

If you've got Wrestle already it can be worth forgoing Strip Ball for Tackle instead - this makes him a natural counter to Blodge, and most Blodge carriers pick up Sure Hands for extra safety which makes Strip redundant. Another idea is Pro, which gives you another shot at rerolling Dauntless (this is more for if you want him to be a big guy slayer).

Sometimes you need a Black Orc/Chaos Warrior/Flesh Golem down and just have to risk it. It's also quite likely you'll end up facing a +ST Blitzer at some point with Sure Hands. Keep in mind he's going to have a very dangerous and very short career though.

My personal opinion is that Strip Ball is more useful on players who don't have Wrestle or Tackle since they don't have any other methods of popping the ball use. Either way you still want to develop a Wrestle guy and a Tackle guy (or a Wrackle guy) as a backup for situations where the carrier has Sure Hands or as a backup in general.
>>
Invent a bloodbowl team then tell us what they are good at and what they are bad at
>>
>>45388665
Me again last update, my DP peasant gave a wardancer -ma and he conceded after he rolled dub skulls on a rr of BD and DD.
>>
Rolled 4, 2 = 6 (2d6)

>>45388640
Let's foul the dude that fell over
>>
>>45380487
One crazy off-the-wall Khemri buff I've thought about was giving Jump Up for free to all Khemri skeletons. The idea is to make them those unkillable too-spooky reassembling skeletons.

Often the big issue against Khemri is that you can just hit skeletons and eventually forcibly isolate the team since the linemen don't have a lot of movement left after standing up.

Jump Up would give them back some degree of mobility - skeletons still are AV7 so a good smack can stun them or send them off the pitch still, but would allow the Khemri team some ability to recover from a turn of being outbashed unless the other team commits to marking up the Skeletons. You could also risk the occasional Jump Up block if you're feeling lucky.
>>
tfw it takes you 4 fucking turns to pick up the ball
>>
oh ai you so silly
>>
File: puzzle1.jpg (140 KB, 393x338) Image search: [Google]
puzzle1.jpg
140 KB, 393x338
Here's a change of pace - a simple Bloodbowl puzzle (and let's hope I didn't screw up the formulation). Difficulty is easy - mostly targeted at the newer coaches around.

You're the Dark Elf coach and AV8 hasn't been working as advertised this game, so you've had to face the human (blue) offensive drive with only 8 players to his 11 and 1 reroll left! Fortunately for you the human coach suffered a turnover near your endzone - this is your chance to turn things around.

Assume the following:
-The ball carrier is a human catcher and the cage corners are all blitzers. The rest of the blue players are linemen. All players are at starting stats and skills.
-All dodges and GFIs will fail unless you use a reroll. Any other regular dice you roll will come up 3.
-All block dice will result in pushes on a 2-dice block, and a skull on a 1-dice block.
-You have one reroll which will guarantee a POW/PUSH (Defender Stumbles) on a block or a result of 3 on any dodge or GFI.

With this in mind, how can you set up a 2dice block on the ball while leaving a player free to respond to the scatter?
>>
>>45392249
Try to leave any answers in spoiler tags if you want to give other coaches a fair crack at it. I'm off for a little while and hopefully the thread's still alive when I get back, but it shouldn't be too difficult.
>>
>>45392249
Chainpush vision activated
>>
Oh man, I love Morg 'n' Thorg. Just faced a Orc team with my own Orcs that was 300 TV over me. Hired Morg 'n' Thorg and without him my opponent would have destroyed me.
>>
>>45392249

Use #3 to cancel the assist from 11. Witch Elf uses Jump Up to block the blitzer, use a re-roll to get Pow/Push and knock him down. Push him to the left. #1 Blitzes the ball carrier, with one positive assist (the witch) and one negative (human 1), resulting in a 2-die since it's a catcher. This leaves your other 5 players ready to pick up the ball.
>>
>>45392249
#5 moves in to assist #6, they push 6 into the cage. Same thing with #8, #4 and 7. #7 blitzes 2 from the corner, that's probably where the reroll goes, pushes 2 into the carrier and him next to the witch. #1 moves in to remove assists from 3 and 11. Catcher gets his ass jumped up and frenzied 2x2d. #3 is there to care about the ball after that.

I noticed it quite quickly but in an actual game I would probably go for something less fancy and just surround the cage.
>>
>>45392729

I like it better than mine >>45392673 since it gives you better potential to pick up the ball. Though knoocking down the carrier without Block is a bit of a hassle
>>
How do I start Chaos Pact? On one hand, my love for bashing urges me to buy three Big Guys, but on the other hand, 3 Big Guys will eat up half of starting TV. Thinking of buying two, Troll and Minotaur.
Also, normal GSMP on marauders makes me dream of Marauders-only team (with one Dark Elf), 11 Marauders+DE+Skaven=670k with huge room for development. That's just useless theorycrafting on my part, but has someone ever done that?
>>
>>45392821
>Not Buying Ogre
He is the one everyone agrees on. Not buying the Ogre is just shooting yourself in the foot. All Marauder teams are usually considered to be very dedicated kill teams due to their low TV.
>>
>>45392848
What makes Ogre superior to other ones?
>>
>>45392860
What doesn't?
>>
>>45392863
Nvm, I thought Really Stupid and Wild Animal had lower chances of activating than Bone-Head. That was pretty much the main reason I thought of them.
>>
>>45392860
Bone-Head > Really Stupid
AG2 > AG1 for TTM
Cheaper than the Mino
The real question is Troll for a cheaper big guy or Mino for a more aggressive one.
>>
>>45392881
Well, Wild Animal has an upside of still exterting tackle zone, but its still worse probably.
>>
>>45392883
>AG2 > AG1 for TTM
no just no
>>
>Haven't played in a while
>Literally the first 2-dice block is Skull/Both Down with the same result on a Re-roll
It's good to be back.
>>
>>45393164
You're right. AG2 is much better for just giving your ball to the Ogre so he can score. That also means lets them use the ogre's MA 5.
>>
File: 1317773935887.jpg (13 KB, 282x179) Image search: [Google]
1317773935887.jpg
13 KB, 282x179
>>45393297
>>
File: 6 skulls.jpg (486 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
6 skulls.jpg
486 KB, 1600x1200
>bloodbowl
>fantasy football game
>is actually a horror game
>>
>>45392249
how do you make that image? I need to think about 1ttds and it's much easier with a graphical representation
>>
Time to put Gutter Runners on the LoS I guess.
>>
>Outbashed by elves
Is this the real life, or just a fantasy?
>>
Foot Blooters vs Dead Doornails in 10 minutes. Probably, maybe, i dont know.
>>
>>45394361
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=821880
>>
>>45394370
This game has concluded 2-0 in favor of the Dead Doornails.
>>
How are the remaining veterans sitting for schedules?
>>
Just rolled doubles on a Skaven linerat level up. Is it worth taking anything different with him or is it a bit of a waste when he'll probably be dead soon anyway? I don't have any other levelled linrsts yet either so no dirty player or kick so far.
>>
>>45395766

Get guard. Guard will always help you.
>>
>>45395766
>>45395779

Rats absolutely love Guard, nothing better than having a guaranteed +1 for your cage blitzing Gutter Runner.
>>
>>45395351
Vintage Veterans and Candy Rappers tommorow evening EST
>>
Why do pro elves and high elves both exist?
>>
Has anyone else seen an influx of woodie teams to spikevision league in BB2? Almost all my matches in the last week have been against welfs.
>>
>>45358233
Ok,if anyone else is interested in this,it appears tomb guards used to be st4 t4 ,so they are probably them.(i had checked only AoS guards which have the same body as skellies)
>>
>>45392673
>>45392729
Both of these are correct answers; the first gives you more players free for recover, the second threatens more 2d blocks against the carrier.

>>45393813
You can pull the player images from FUMBBL's team roster pages. Most of them are in .gif format though which means you have to convert them to another colour format and make them .pngs first, and they're always red so I eschewed using the human images to avoid confusion.

The rest of it is made using the Blood Bowl Play Creator: http://www.midgardbb.com/Resources/PlayCreator/PlayCreator.html - you can actually skip the player images entirely if you want and just use numbers.
>>
>>45396858
They end up being rather different teams despite being very similar, mainly because both Nerves of Steel and Safe Throw are skills that aren't quite worth a full level up but are nice to have. Hence Pro Elves can often make pass plays to marked Catchers to avoid interception risk, whereas High Elves will prefer to pass to unmarked Catchers despite interception risk.

Team-wide AV8 on HE and higher player costs also mean that HE just tries to get huge, while Pro Elves are big on TV trimming and aiming for inducements since your AV7 linemen are going to die anyway.

They're definitely very close stat-wise but the subtle changes create big strategic differences.
>>
>>45397915
Also one thing to note is that both teams get slightly different stars.

Hubris Rakarth (S4 Block/MB/Jump Up) is arguably more useful than Zara the Slayer (S4/Stab/Stakes/Dauntless/Jump Up), although an HE team might take Zara if they are severely underdog against an Undead/Necro/Khemri team (which turns Zara into essentially a Chainsaw player without any penalty).

It's a bit academic since so many Eldril or a Wizard is so handy to an elf team, so you rarely have the money for the higher end stars, but that's another point of difference between them.
>>
>>45395351

Proelf v Zons tomorrow at 10est... 16;00 server?
>>
At what point would you keep a -AV/-MV piece? Is +agi or +str on it enough?
>>
>>45398072
-AV piece is virtually always a sack. -MV is quite a lot of pieces acutally, like almost all linemen/blockers.
>>
>>45398108
Funny how looking the other way around nobody ever takes +AV and +MV is quite common.
>>
>>45398189
its just how it works, even if only for the fact that +av is really small increase, whereas +MV becomes only better on faster pieces
>>
>>45398108
Is a +agi stormvermin also with guard good enough as the rest of the team is AV7 anyway? I kind of played him as the 5th gutter runner while the other one did the killing part and I think it might be hard to level up a new one if I get him now.
>>
>>45398072
Depends on the player. -MV is pretty survivable on all players. -AV is probably a sack for an unskilled player, but it's not a death sentence on say, an elf thrower who stays in the back for long pass plays either.

A Blodger (or Wrodger) is also worth keeping so long as the AV doesn't drop below 7 - especially so if you're a bash team which only gets Dodge on doubles and are dropping to like AV8. Since they don't get brought down as often they won't have as many chances to break armour. If the player has Fend -AV isn't quite so bad - he won't be able to be Piled On.

If you've got a dedicated kicker who only comes out on defensive drives it's also survivable in the near-term but probably will want to replace him after you've trained up another lineman. Finally, a skilled -AV player can be worth it if he's got useful or unusual skills and you have a benched player to keep you at 11 players if he's lost during a drive.
>>
>>45398310
One issue with Guards is they often are priority blocking targets and often end their turns in a position to be blocked. If the Guard has low AV7 this will result in almost half of those being stuns or worse.

Now, if you're in a short league, like the current /tg/ one, which is only 6 games, what you probably want to think about is whether you have a shot at post-season, and whether your league will play another one.

Post-season playoffs generally give cash and SPP just like the regular rounds (unless your league uses different rules), so you potentially have more than 3 rounds to train up another Blitzer.

On the flip side, if your league plays multiple seasons, you may want to instead treat this season as a building one - if your record is down low and you're not sure you'll make a playoff spot, then you may prefer to focus on building up a strong team and starting from there the next season. A good example of this from the /tg/ league are the Buddhist Elves and the Knife-Ears in the Vet League - both had rough showings in season 1 but trained up a good core of players which are carrying them higher in season 2.
>>
>>45398310
Personally I'd keep him until he dies (and he probably will at some point), but you need to use his Guard surgically - don't let him get caught up in scrums (and don't let him anywhere near Mighty Blow), but keep him in the back for situations where you absolutely need Guard. Your Gutter Runners will generally soak up more heat from blitzes, so what you should worry about are self inflicted armour breaks (i.e. on dodges and skulls), and giving away free blocks.

Wood Elves take Guard every chance they can get and they're AV7; you can manage the same if you're careful.
>>
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=822018

AND NOW, WITH NO WARNING, LAST OF THE ROOKIES, GET IN HERE
>>
>>45398808
Time for a good ol' fashioned Ork on Ork krumpin'!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.