[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantasy Craft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 41
File: fantasycraft cover.jpg (106 KB, 612x800) Image search: [Google]
fantasycraft cover.jpg
106 KB, 612x800
Fantasy Craft is a d20 P&P RPG using the OGL. It's geared towards cinematic play where every character can contribute, with solid mechanics designed to give groups lots of flexibility to tailor games to individual preferences. Rather than just a set of bolt-on additions to the OGL d20 system, Fantasy Craft tears it all down and rebuilds from the ground up, steering clear of the major pitfalls of other OGL games and aiming for a more cinematic, narrative-focused style.

Noteworthy points:
>Drastically reined-in magic system putting casters on equal footing with non-casters
>Classes and the game as a whole designed to ensure everyone can contribute in a wide range of circumstances, even outside their primary niche
>Separate cash and Reputation economies keep mundane gear relevant and magic items special
>Custom monster and NPC design is a breeze
>Optional Campaign Qualities tweak mechanics to suit your preferred style and tone

>If you have the money and want to support the game
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/63884/Fantasy-Craft-Second-Printing
>If you want to try before you buy
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rscnai437ptu23k/FantasyCraft.torrent
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nzs6xsnzbid4t/Fantasy_Craft
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5dkzgw3cn842eyw/AACivEvWTEODXQgsjBPsHv8wa?dl=0

Other useful links:
>Errata & accessories
http://www.crafty-games.com/node/851

>Web NPC builder
http://www.meadicus.plus.com/craftygames/npc-builder/NPCBuilder.html

>Custom PC Species creation guides
http://www.crafty-games.com/index.php?q=content/species-and-talent-creation
http://sletchweb.wikidot.com/fc-origin-creation

>Species feat creation guide & reference spreadsheet
http://www.crafty-games.com/content/blankbeards-unofficial-guide-creating-species-feats
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1016700/species%20feats.xls

>Class design guidelines
http://www.crafty-games.com/node/691
>>
>>45306013
obligatory Spellbound when?
>>
>>45306547
Never.
>>
>>45306547
Soon.
>>
>>45306571
>>45306583
At this point I would legitimately pay several hundred dollars if they would let me (or anyone) help with editing the goddamn thing.
>>
>>45306547
Literally nobody knows, even Pat and Alex.

They've fully admitted that Spellbound was a poorly conceived project where they bit off waaaaay more than they could chew and at this point it's not a viable product from a cost/profit standpoint really but they're releasing it anyway since they want to honor pre-orders and the existing FC fanbase.
>>
>>45306547
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7JqPtKRnUBYTkF0YlYxNllQN0hXY0V2c01xa1QzWGd6OF9J/view
>>
>>45306813
OOOOOH MY GOD
>>
File: 1450120678886.gif (2 MB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
1450120678886.gif
2 MB, 300x228
>>45306839
>>
>>45306839
Check out Phylactery

Fully functional Lichdom rules.
>>
>>45306813
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUZEtVbJT5c
>>
>>45306813
I want to give Crafty my money for this.
>>
How well would Fantasy Craft handle a French & Indian War game?
>>
>>45309136
Eh, default tech assumption doesn't go beyond really early Renaissance firearms, and obviously it's designed for a fantasy game.

That said, I wouldn't say it's an impossible thing to run in the system, since you can easily do an all-human game without things getting too same-y thanks to Talents.
>>
>>45306813
I think my favorite spell is Pariah.

"All attitudes toward one character are considered 1 grade worse than normal."

But it has the Enduring keyword, so it's possible to make it permanent. I think that's a pretty good curse. "No one will ever like you as much as they used to."
>>
How well does it do low-magic, and how dynamic is the combat, really?

I don't want to get excited to play this and then realize halfway through the first encounter that I'm just playing Pathfinder/D&D again, in which martials just attack as many times as they can and casters just cast the best spell they have available at the time.
>>
>>45315493
It does well magic pretty well, there's a campaign quality that works perfectly for that.

Combat is really dynamic. Casters have a number of spell points, generally twice their level, and it costs the same amount of points as the level to cast one. If I want to cast a level 6 spell, I would need to spend 6 points, whereas I could cast 3 level 2 spells with that cost, so it isn't always the best to spam nukes. For martials, pretty much all of the weapons types play differently, and I'm confident I could make a dozen significantly different characters who all use whips, or hammers, or bows. They also have tricks, which are little shitters they can stick on their attacks. "Shove", for example, lets you push a foe 5 feet when you hit them with your attack. There are all sorts of little situational things to do in every scenario.
Furthermore, combat actions like trips and grapples and all that are very good, unlike 3.PF style of "try it and get shit on". I made one character who fought with whip and katar, and would trip and drag foes towards him so that he could get sneak attack dice with the katar. Good shit.
In addition, non-combat characters like Courtiers can use maneuvers like Tire or Threaten to actually be useful in combat.

In closing, play this game.
>>
>>45315493
Campaign qualities allow you to play with no magic, divine magic, arcane magic or both. The entire system is built accordingly so you can get (limited) healing from the Medicine skill and the Refresh action. The game is not reliant on magic items for characters to gain power, and as long as you design your adventure accordingly (no obstacles that are impassable without magic or enemies that are immune to most damage types), there should be no issue. Your players may need to rest more often depending on the lethality of combat encounters but that's about it.

Casters, well, obviously they want to cast whatever's most appropriate for the situation, but they don't become wallpaper once they run out of spell points since any class can participate in combat in many ways. And since you can't cast more than one spell per round anyway (IIRC), they do get to make use of those other options frequently.

Martials definitely have several options. You can damage opponents via various skill checks, you can apply several different tricks to your attacks, your weapon specializations (feats and the weapon itself) unlock specific options and bonuses... Most of my players will optimize one or two damage-dealing options and mostly roll these whenever they can, but that's by choice and even if you decide to lock yourself in a min-maxed build, you can do it in many distinct and flavorful ways that your character concept.
>>
>>45315675
I think you can do multiple spells per round with a certain feat.
>>
>>45315698
You can do as many spells per round as you have actions for (many cost one half action, of which you get two each round) and spellpoints for.
>>
>>45315710
Page 112 son, get meme'd on

"An arcane caster makes this check to cast spells he knows and
may use (it’s possible for a caster to learn spells without having
the ability to use them). Each caster may make only 1 Spellcasting
check per round and he must be able to speak aloud to do so."
>>
>>45315710
>>45315740
And p.106:
DOUBLE CAST
You fling a surprising amount of magic around when the pressure’s on.
Prerequisites: Spellcasting 1+ ranks
Benefit: You may cast a second spell during a round if you have sufficient remaining actions. You may use this ability a number of times per session equal to your starting action dice.
>>
File: el arobol del la bigote 3.jpg (177 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
el arobol del la bigote 3.jpg
177 KB, 600x900
You can play almost any concept and have it be mechanically effective. Do you wanna play a four-armed treant luchador? You fucking follow your bliss, son.

Do you think demihuman races are dumb and want to run a 100% human low-fantasy campaign? All of those humans will be mechanically distinct from one another.

>>45315740
>>45315769
Citing page references always increases the severity of Getting Told.
>>
>>45315852
I love the synergy of Many-Armed and Open Stance, one of my characters is a snid who does just that (and also has lightning fists but yeah whatever).
>>
Rolled 36, 18, 23 = 77 (3d40)

Bringing out the Roll-a-Character PDF one more time, now with a nifty Alignment creator at the very bottom (that includes a legitimate use for a d30).

Rolling for an alignment with 3 paths in this post.
>>
>>45309136
>>45310175
FC's tech actually does get to 18th-century levels (albeit none of the more uncommon/experimental gun designs). The main weapons of the mid18th century were smoothbore muskets, and FC has not only those but also muzzle-loading rifles.

As long as you're okay with not having rules for early attempts at rapid-fire, like pepperbox pistols and volley guns, FC handles just fine up to 1800s tech level.
>>
>>45315675
Also worth noting that casters don't shit all over combat just by casting a single spell. The potency of the spells themselves is very much reined in.
>>
>>45315852
The Wrestling feat chain is so cash. I ran a one-shot for my dad and brothers on Christmas, letting them pick characters from a bunch I'd built in advance, and one of my brothers picked a dwarf (which he decided to fluff as a Goron instead) Gladiator Martial Artist with the Wrestling chain.

Suffice to say, there were a LOT of things getting suplexed that day.

Also, it's downright scary how much off-turn smackdown you can lay with both Combat Instincts and Open Stance. I think at least half of his kills were from free attacks triggered by enemies missing him.
>>
File: FC combat actions.jpg (125 KB, 1341x640) Image search: [Google]
FC combat actions.jpg
125 KB, 1341x640
Here's some combat actions. Note that the game doesn't really discriminate between different types of actions. You can do two half actions or one full. Some feats and abilities let you perform certain actions in certain circumstances for free. Quick Draw gives you a free Handle Item every turn for example.

So you can attack twice at your full BAB if you want to. But you wouldn't do that unless you were a pleb. No, you're going to use Threaten with the Mix-Up trick to drop a grade of Shaken on to the guy, and then you're going to fuck him to death with the Topple and Gut polearm trick.

>>45316186
Suplex is a fucked up thing to do to a brother.
>>
File: fc campaign qualities.jpg (2 MB, 834x3870) Image search: [Google]
fc campaign qualities.jpg
2 MB, 834x3870
>>45316368
And here's a bunch of Campaign Qualities. It's your fun cake baby, you can bake it however you want.

One of my favorites it Strict Universe (Astrological Signs) + Warring Universe. Crib notes from Final Fantasy Tactics. Everyone has an arbitrary astrological sign, and can be more easily murdered by the opposing signs.
>>
File: wacky fc damage.jpg (763 KB, 381x3760) Image search: [Google]
wacky fc damage.jpg
763 KB, 381x3760
>>45316405
>>
>>45316368
>Quick Draw gives you a free Handle Item every turn for example.
Two, actually.

Which is quite handy. It's most commonly taken by gun users, but still pretty useful for just about anyone. Especially if you have a magic item with some manner of use-activated ability.

Like a Spell Effect.
>>
File: Weapon Qualities.jpg (351 KB, 368x1482) Image search: [Google]
Weapon Qualities.jpg
351 KB, 368x1482
>>45316418
Niche exotic weapons for everyone! Jittes and urumis all around!
>>
>>45316446
>Urumi
>Chain with bleed, keen, and lure upgrades

Or maybe a scourge with keen and lure. Perhaps add finesse in either case.

I love how easy it is to do up different weapons just by applying upgrades to existing ones.
>>
>>45316186
My favorite is Open Stance + Knife Basics

Trip a motherfucker for missing you, then transition into Wicked Dance and fuck them up with your boot knife.

Take Fluid Style and you can do all this and still be in Open Stance at the end of every turn for even more free trip action.
>>
File: 1451925033625.gif (493 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1451925033625.gif
493 KB, 500x281
>>45316418
Fun rules interaction: Piledriving does Bang damage, which technically tapers off. Essentially, ou can stun and deafen the people next to the dude you pildrove.
>>
>>45315493

Combat is extremely dynamic. The action economy is two half-actions, not a "standard" and "move". This gives you a lot of flexibility in combat. Consider 3.PF, where tripping takes up the entirety of your effective turn, and where if you want to feint, it'll effectively take you one turn to feint, then another turn to actually gain the benefit from it.

Fantasycraft uses simple rules like opposed skill checks. Because of this, it's simple and fast to use fancy combat tricks, and it also means that non-combat skill characters can also be useful in combat.

You can use your high Intimidate to deal Stress damage (which causes them to save or get debuffed, and after enough failed saves, unconscious). You can use Acrobatics to trip them. You can use Sense Motive to gain a Defense bonus against them, or to Taunt them and force them to spend their next action trying to attack you. You can use Prestidigitation to Feint.

You can use Bluff to Distract them, reducing their Initiative for a turn.
You can use Resolve to deal Subdual damage to them with a Tire.

Even if you use direct combat, it's not boring unless you make it. Each weapon school has a feat tree associated with it, which has extremely minimum prerequisites (no level restriction, BaB restriction, only restriction is a Forte (I'll explain later) in the overall weapon group (Edged Forte for swords, axes, knives, etc).
>>
>>45316645
The feats are massively powerful compared to 3.PF. For instance, Shields, which are barely a weapon, have the following feat tree:

SHIELD BASICS
Shoulder to shoulder or leading the charge, your shield shines at the front of every battle line.
Prerequisites: Blunt forte
Benefit: You gain a +4 gear bonus when Bull Rushing with an armed shield. Also, you gain a stance.
Phalanx Fighting (Stance): Each adjacent ally gains a +1 bonus to Defense and Reflex saves. This bonus increases to +2 when you wield a weapon with guard +2 or higher. The maximum bonus a character may gain from allies in this stance is +4.

SHIELD MASTERY
Your cunning shield-work turns every blade and punishes every lapse.
Prerequisites: Shield Basics
Benefit: When you wield a shield the armor-piercing and keen qualities of attacks targeting you decrease by the number of Melee Combat feats you have. Also, you gain a trick.
Shield Slam (Shield Attack Trick):This trick may only be used when inflicting subdual damage. If the target fails his save against subdual damage, he’s also stunned for 1 round.

SHIELD SUPREMACY
You’re a one-man fortress.
Prerequisites: Shield Mastery
Benefit: When you wield a shield its guard quality increases by +2. Also, you gain a trick.
Throw Them Back! (Shield Total Defense Trick): Each opponent who tries to move into a square adjacent to you must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + your Str modifier + the number of Melee Combat feats you have) or end their movement in the previous square.

With 3 feats, you gain a ton of useful things. You can raise the defense of your allies, gain the ability to bulwark and block off an area, gain the ability to Stun an enemy when they fail a save against your damage, your shields give you more Defense, and attacks which are adept at injuring you or reducing your armor are less effective.

This is 3 feats, and if you intend to focus on it, you could get all 3 at level 1.
>>
>>45316672

Not only are the feats all pretty different, but the weapons in each group are different. The addition of a bunch of weapon qualities mean each weapon is distinct from other weapons in the group, not simply a different action die and threat range.

In Knives, you have a Main Gauche which gives Defense, a Stilletto with massive AP, a Hook that grants bonuses to disarm, and a ton of various benefits on weapons.

In addition, there are Tricks. You saw some of those on the Shield feats. You can affect actions with Tricks. Each action can only have a single Trick on it (although a few options let you put multiple tricks on one action).

Tricks let you do interesting things, for instance, Shove lets you push enemies back on an attack, Warding Strike lets you gain a +2 to Fortitude and Will saves until you move out of your square if you hit with the attack.

Special actions like Parry and Shield Block give you an option to try to avoid attacks.

This isn't even getting into class features and more fancy options via feats. Feats can let you Hide In Plain Sight from level 3 if you rush it, Feats can let you get Quivering Palm from level 3. There are a ton of options you can do. The only way to make your character ineffective is to choose a ton of non-combat Basics feats (I.e. picking only the first of feat trees, and never advancing any of them). Even then, it's hard to be completely ineffective, unless you pick things that don't go too well together.
>>
File: Sword BMS.jpg (163 KB, 375x557) Image search: [Google]
Sword BMS.jpg
163 KB, 375x557
>>45316672
Sword and Board is 100% legit and 100% murderous. Swords are not to be fucked with.

I really love how "uncool" the Sword feat chain is. There's the gimmick with free Anticipates, which is great, but Martial Spirit, Bury the Blade, and the passive on Sword Supremacy only do one thing: kill dudes. I love the honesty and directness of that. A sword is a tool for killing people with. It's good at it.
>>
File: Polearm and Spear BMS.jpg (343 KB, 413x1307) Image search: [Google]
Polearm and Spear BMS.jpg
343 KB, 413x1307
>>45316944
Why would you want polearm or spear feats? Here are some ideas. Maybe you wanna get a spear and shiled to use the Run Through trick and the Shield Basics feat to Bull Rush a poor fool at a +4 bonus and deal double your weapon damage?
>>
Does anyone actually play this game? Finding one to get into is a nightmare, so as much as I'd love to play it instead all I can ever find with slots are PF or 5e.
>>
>>45317924
Through perseverance I've managed to be part in four at the moment. The first two is because of a game I found a long while ago and made friends with the nerds in it while the third I got in through a friend, the fourth was just nagging a dude with an open mind and a will to GM into running it.
Just keep spamming game finders until you succeed.
>>
>>45317924
I'm GMing a game of Fantasy Craft currently irl.
>>
What is the best Basics feat and why is it Knife
>>
>>45319015
because Staff Basic could've been better but got shafted.
>>
>>45319040
Staves are great for Rootwalkers just for that stance. Negates one of their key weaknesses.
>>
>>45317038
But what about Fencing Blades and Sword Feats and using Staff and Polearm Feats using Sword Mastery? : ^ )
>>
>>45316645
>You can use your high Intimidate to deal Stress damage (which causes them to save or get debuffed, and after enough failed saves, unconscious). You can use Acrobatics to trip them. You can use Sense Motive to gain a Defense bonus against them, or to Taunt them and force them to spend their next action trying to attack you. You can use Prestidigitation to Feint.

It's all fun and games until you realise your opponents can do all these too, and since skill-based manoeuvres attack your own skills you only need to have neglected to pump Acrobatics, Athletics, Resolve, Notice or Sense Motive to leave yourself wide open to a trip, grapple, threat, feint or taunt/distract.
>>
>>45306813
Well dang I guess they've been doing something.
>>
>>45317924
When a game that you want to play doesn't have the traction for you to find a slot, run it. Players are never in demand, GMs always are.
>>
>>45319925
That's from 2013 man

They've admitted that the content is basically done, but it needs top-level editing to make sure it's totally done

Problem is they're the only people to do the job, and they've gotta run this whole tiny company.
>>
>>45319972
You'd be surprised.

I'd kill for enthusiastic players who actually stick to a schedule and get characters put together in a timely fashion.

Good players are surprisingly hard to come by.
>>
>>45306013
If I have a drake with excess proficiency, can I give him proficiency (siege weapon) and be able to use it?

Obviously not as an actual portable weapon or anything, (Drakes can't use weapons, siege engines can't really be carried) but could I still get my forte bonus if it's more like, overseeing and instructing a weapon crew, that kind of thing?

Basically wondering what to do. There're only so many tricks I can get, after all.
>>
>>45320464
Don't ask us, ask your GM. What you want isn't covered by rules-as-written.
>>
>>45320464
Can't you use extra profs to buy tricks? Get more tricks, dude.
>>
>>45317924
I've run a sporadic campaign and a number of one shots in recent months, though strictly with people I know IRL. Never really gotten into the whole "playing with strangers on the internet" style of gaming.
>>
>>45320464
What >>45320935 said. There are a lot of tricks that drakes can use. Here, have a list:

>Called Shot*
>Cheap Shot*
>Fully Engaged
>Mix-Up
>Parry
>Relentless Attack*
>Salt the Wound
>Shove
>Venom Master (if you take the Toxin Sacs feat)
>Breaking Twist
>Canny/Deceptive/Deft/Determined/Perceptive Grab
>Crushing Force
>Damned If You Do/n't
>Decisive Blow
>Disrupting Shot**
>Distracting Shot**
>Humiliating Strike
>Merciful Strike
>Nimble Guard
>Parting Shot**
>Pick on the Big/Little Guy
>Practiced Blow
>Retribution
>Return the Favor*
>Target Shooting*
>Turn the Tables
>Unnerving Shot**
>Veteran's Attack (though usually a bad idea for a player unless your GM's using Non-Scaling NPCs)

*: Can be used with breath weapon
**: Can potentially be used with breath weapon; depends on whether breath weapon counts as "armed & loaded" and if action usage is affected
>>
>>45321138
When you live in a suburb removed enough from society that it takes an hour to get anywhere driving, and you don't own a car, the internet becomes an attractive option.
>>
>>45319972
I'm a crappy DM, though. I'd rather not inflict that on people.
>>
File: 1454690100893.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454690100893.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
Explosions I: Each grenade that you own gains a gear bonus to damage equal to your Explosions Step. Also, you may cast Flare at will.

Explosions II: You may convert your melee and unarmed damage to explosive damage. Also, you may cast Pyrotechnics I once per scene.

Explosions III: You may cast Fireball I and Shout II once per scene.

Explosions IV: You may cast Shooting Stars and Repelling Wave I once per scene.

Explosions V: You may cast Fireball II once per scene and Meteor Swarm once per adventure.
>>
File: 1451881524404.gif (443 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
1451881524404.gif
443 KB, 400x296
>>45323962
I like it.
>>
File: Palm Snid.png (256 KB, 1342x1036) Image search: [Google]
Palm Snid.png
256 KB, 1342x1036
Crab bump
>>
>>45328991
How about we have a fun discussion instead.

I'm making a session right now, the players will be trapped on a jungle island with a Demigod monkey. What sort of obstacles should they face? Harsh weather? Poisonous plants?
give idea.
>>
>>45329226
Depending on the tone you're going for, being harassed by monkeys would be fun. Stealing their stuff, pestering them to prevent being able to rest from the other shit they're dealing with, that sort of thing.
>>
>>45329422
I like that.
Do you know if there are any penalties for sleeping in armor? I can't find anything on it so far, but I seem to recall something like that.
>>
>>45329447
Don't think that there's anything specified in the rules, but it would be perfectly reasonable for a GM to say that you don't gain the full benefits of rest if you sleep in armor of certain types.

In other news, looks like the mothership is down AGAIN.
>>
>>45329731
Yeah I feel bad for the guys, they just cant do anything regarding Spellbound without fate shitting on their dicks.

I think I'll give Metalbreeches McGee a grade of fatigued in he sleeps in his +7 damage reduction, persisting until he gets real sleep.
>>
File: 71 - low prudence.jpg (151 KB, 600x731) Image search: [Google]
71 - low prudence.jpg
151 KB, 600x731
So, gentlemen:

Prudence?
Or Panache?

Which do you prefer?
>>
>>45330900
Prudence always.
How else will I buy my tank wagon.
>>
>>45330900
Panache. Appearance is the best mechanic in the game. I've always known my characters were gorgeous.
Now I can prove it
>>
>>45330900
Panache.
My first because hard-drinking, hard-fighting, high-living barbarians aren't known for their financial sense.

The second because it's no good pretending to be a knight as a con if you don't look the part.

Someday I'll get around to a high prudence character. Someday.
>>
>>45330900
Panache, looking good feels good.
>>
File: Gabota.png (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Gabota.png
12 KB, 500x500
Journey on Monkey Island went great, though I didn't use any of the monkeys since they talked it out with the monkey god. I'm surprised the reckless player didn't attack the crab king, although he seemed less eager when the fucker cut a building in half.
>>
>>45330900
Panache. Well, actually, prudence would be nice, but I never get around to playing a character that's not gone "let's spend hard earned silver on stylin' and profilin'".

Or a character that's sensible enough to consider that maybe you should keep some money aside for emergencies.
>>
Design an artifact for your (most recent) character!

I'll start:

FUCKMAGIC:
Item: FUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGIC
FUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGIC
Greater Essence:
-FUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCK
-FUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGIC
Greater Charm:
-FUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICstupidmagic
-FUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGIC
Lesser Charm:
FUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGICFUCKMAGIC
Reputation Value: FUCKMAGIC(all levels)
>>
File: It has been done by you.png (57 KB, 543x230) Image search: [Google]
It has been done by you.png
57 KB, 543x230
I'm currently working on a Renown 6 subplot completion reward and I need help stating it.
I'd like to give it Gore II or III, Regeneration 5 or something around that, and something else to give it zest.
>>
>>45337467
>Renown 6 subplot completion reward

What is this even supposed to mean? That's not not a combination of rules terms I'm familiar with in this system.
>>
>>45337642
I was trying to say a reward for completing a subplot that you need to have a Renown of 6 to start. I just happen to incredibly bad at getting my point through.
>>
>>45337745
I see.

Renown-gated subplots aren't really a concept I've heard of before, but it seems a reasonable way of using the rules for a more sandboxy game.
>>
>>45330900
Panache.

Stylishness is next to godliness.
>>
>>45339074
>cleanliness is next to godliness.
>a bath gives you an appearance boost.
>panache also gives an appearance boost.
>stylishness must also be next to godliness.

I guess it checks out.
>>
So, appearance.

Just how good is it?
I understand that it gives a bonus to the impress skill, but can you use it for anything else?
>>
File: request2_3.jpg (270 KB, 1350x1200) Image search: [Google]
request2_3.jpg
270 KB, 1350x1200
Do you guys sometimes build NPCs using PC rules? I did it once in a game that didn't get anywhere, so I didn't get to see how it worked out. The reason was I expected the NPCs to help the party in fights occasionally and I wanted them to 1) feel like they had similar options/possibilities than the PCs rather than to have any special ability I wanted to tack on them and 2) gain levels when the party did to remain on par with them. That second point would have been especially useful in building encounters to determine the appropriate XP/challenge levels and number of standard foes -- otherwise, how much XP would an NPC need to count as one more PC in the party to determine challenge?

I know NPCs scale and all, but IIRC there was also the issue that some of the features I wanted to give them weren't directly available through NPC mechanics, though I don't remember the details.
>>
>>45339422
It's any Charisma based skill check, isn't it? Or, rather, a skill check that targets another character, so it'd also help with most uses of Bluff - after all, the guy with the great smile and fantastic hair must be telling the truth.

Presumably a lot of it's effectiveness is going to be down to how willing/often your GM will let you use something other than the key attribute for a given skill. Perhaps your stylish clothes and great hair could be so stylish and so great you could use Charisma as the key attribute for an Intimidate check?
>>
>>45339422
I had a combo with it on a character I never got to play.

- Base Appearance 7
- Origin benefit: Engaging Diversion (Distract up to 3 opponents at once)
- Fan Service feat: You may use your Impress skill bonus when you Distract or Feint. + Yowza! (Distract Trick): If your target is a standard character, he also becomes fixated on you for a number of rounds equal to your Appearance bonus.
- Plus various bonuses to Charisma-based skills and such.

With the right equipment (ceremonial armor and fresh clothes) and frequent bathing/grooming, I could ensure 10 rounds of fixation in the midst of combat -- enough to make an Impress/Persuade or /Influence check against an enemy and potentially convince them to lay down their weapons (and failing that, still plenty of time for the rest of the party to take out most of the opposition while up to 3 enemies are looking at me).

Talk about social characters being useful in combat situations.
>>
>>45339422
It also gives a bonus to Bluff, and potentially other social skills if the GM lets you use Cha for them (remember, key attributes for skills are inherently flexible in FC, all up to GM discretion).

Note that it also functions as a defense against other people with high Appearance, because the bonus that gets added to the prettier person's check is the difference between their Appearance and the uglier one's Appearance. A silver-tongued scoundrel with a couple grades of Attractive is going to have a bigger bonus to Bluff out a schlub with 0 Appearance.

It's also worth noting that any bonus to Impress cascades down to other social skills via the Disposition mechanics. Disposition is added as a modifier on any skill check where the target's opinion of you might be relevant, and the amount you sway a person's Disposition with an Impress check is directly proportional to how wide a margin you beat their Resolve by. Get a higher Impress, increase their Disposition more, get more of a bonus on your subsequent social checks against them.

>>45339608
Dang, I knew about the Fan Service feat, but I never thought about the possibility of jacking the duration up long enough for an Impress check. That's pretty slick!
>>
>>45339659
>Dang, I knew about the Fan Service feat, but I never thought about the possibility of jacking the duration up long enough for an Impress check. That's pretty slick!
Yeah, I worked really hard to make that build work at level 5. The big caveat though is that fixated allows a save every round (Resolve 20) so I have to assume you would rarely get a full 10 rounds. Just keeping those targets from doing anything for a while is a good benefit in itself, but I would probably need to figure out something to lower their Resolve to get the desired effect.
>>
>>45339722
Yeah, even with a +0 Resolve they'd have roughly a 40% chance of getting it somewhere in there just by rolling a nat 20.

Still pretty cool though!
>>
>>45339449
What features did you want to give them? I'm sure you could just give whatever feature it is an XP value.
>>
File: snid pdf art.jpg (52 KB, 450x800) Image search: [Google]
snid pdf art.jpg
52 KB, 450x800
What do you think of this art I got my buddy making for the Snid race PDF? Doing his best to be similar to the books artstyle.
>>
>>45342395
Pretty nice, though the X-eyed out eye on that monster is a bit overly cartoony.
>>
>>45342395
I thought the snid had four legs.
>>
>>45340884
Can't remember, that was 2 or 3 years ago. Either some class features weren't available in the NPC charts, or I just wanted to use a class as a "package" for simplicity and levelling. Possibly for spellcasting in particular.
>>
File: Longsnid.png (27 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Longsnid.png
27 KB, 1280x800
>>45342840
Most have two normal sized arms and legs, though rarely snid will have up to 8 fully developed limbs.
Pic related, for example, has two extra legs (and two less underdeveloped limbs).
>>
>>45343466
Is there a Snid Blooded feat that the other folk species can take, by chance?
>>
>>45320187
I'm willing if you are, and I can stick to a schedule if it's on a day that works for me
>>
>>45343563
I made one as a joke, but really I don't think it should be a thing for the same reason there is no Drake-Blooded, Unborn-Blooded, and Rootwalker-Blooded. The biology is just too different.

Here's my post from the forums:
Snid Blood
Half-Snid are horrible mongrels, known for their disgusting features and bad tempers.
Prerequisites: Non-Snid folk, Level 1 only
"Benefit": You gain a -2 bonus to appearance and you gain reviled. You also lose 2 Charisma and 2 Dexterity. Characters who see you must succeed on on DC 100 Will save or imminently attack you. You may select feats as if you were a snid, but your penalties to appearance, Charisma, and Dexterity decrease by 1 each for every snid species feat you take.
Special: You may have only 1 "Blood" feat, and if his is the one you took, I pity you. When you gain this feat, you may reduce your character sheet to ashes and make a new character.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 668x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 668x1000
So the campaign I was in just came to a close.
Here is the story about a group of dudes messed up the world in their quest to fix what wasn't broken.

So, not so long ago, there was this group of adventurers; The Great Avengers. They were like a classic table campaign from level 1 to level 20. They did all sorts of shit, journeyed to the center of the world, fought armies, etc. You know, normal adventuring party stuff. So, anyways, their final hurrah, the climatic end-of-campaign battle happened. They defeated the Storm Wyrm, this massive dragon that lived in the middle of the ocean and prevented anyone from sailing out too far. After that, they split up and went their own ways. Some founded secret organizations, some went into hiding, and some became the leader of a massive mercenary army. That's where the story of these epic heroes comes to an end....
And where we pick up the story of a group of fumbling doofuses that can't do anything right.
Lo and behold, an entire continent was discovered once people could sail out into the ocean. This vast landmass known as "The Lost World" was just begging to be explored. Every government, nation, business, and private organization wanted to grab a piece of this new world for themselves. That's where we come in.
The Grand Ancile, this massive, nationless army dedicated to protecting others and founded by Lady Sadina, the One-Armed General and foxy warrior babe of the Great Avengers, was preparing to sail out to the Lost World and grab a piece for themselves.
This was the perfect opportunity for anyone who had dreams of exploring the unknown to step up and hitch a ride over to this new world.
We, the players, were characters that for some reason or another wanted to get our butts over to the lost continent.
>>
>>45344556
I really want to read this, so don't leave us
STANDING
ON
THE
EDGE.
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 1000x762) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 1000x762
>>45344556
So the guys are as follows;
>Gregor Ebonoak
This massive Giant who is a massive fanboy for the Grand Ancile and Lady Sadina. Like, no joke, he's absolutely banana-pancakes crazy about her. In the loyal way, not the sociopathic way.
So a higher-ranking Ancile guy, Liam Proudbanner, tells Gregor that if he completes this job for the Ancile, he'll find a way to get Gregor over to the new world. So, they put together this team.
>Logan Scalechaser
This Saurian guy obsessed with Storm magic, the magic that the Storm Wyrm used. He's the brother of Liam Proudbanner, both of whom are the son of Layton Locke, The Silver-Tongued Savior, a former Great Avenger, who abandoned them at an orphanage when they were children.
That's where they met....
>Malkano
This guy is a total mystery. Just a regular human dude with a big nose and a cunning mind. For some mysterious reason, he wants to go to the new world too. (Also he's weirdly good with the ladies, it's bizarre)
Oh, also there's Gix, a little goblin their lady and Gregor's personal lieutenant.
So all these guys are told that they're to go to the Great Avenger's very first HQ, this tower in a dense forest outside this swanky Pech town called Feyfair. To get them through the forest, they hire this local Pech hippie dude to guide them,
>Badger Fizzlebang
A crunchy little Pech guy who likes spiders and bombs. Annoyingly naïve and annoyingly explosive.

So these guys head into the forest to retrieve a caché belonging to the Great Avengers. In an old, non magic tower in a non magic forest outside a very safe town. Literally nothing could go wrong.

Besides the summoning of an elderich God and blowing up most of the surrounding area.
>>
File: image.jpg (294 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
294 KB, 1280x960
>>45344818
So we get to this tower. The original Great Avengers started out here and they apparently left a box full of sentimental junk that Sadina wants back. Easy peasy.
So there's a bunch of ways to get into this place, Windows, doors, you know. The right way. So as Gregor is doing his leaderly duties and planning this stuff out, Badger does what he does best and sets off a fuckton of bombs on the side of the tower, blowing a massive new window into the tower.
It startled the party, but definitely startled the cultists in there more.
Turns out this group of cultists was summoning an elderich being from another dimension. You know, usual Sunday afternoon stuff.
So Gregor just fucking rushes in there and shish-kebabs a row of spooky hooded guys without breaking a sweat. Logan runs in after him and starts casting fist-to-face everywhere, and Malkano and Badger just sort of watch in awe.
Turns out we interrupted the cultists just AFTER they were done with the ritual. This giant Lovecraftian tentacle monster rises out of a portal and starts spewing rocks and acid and junk.
So, this happened like, over a year ago, so I'm sort of shakey on the details. What I DO remember is that we killed this monster, grabbed the caché and one of its tentacles, and got the fuck out of there as it exploded. The explosions may or may not have been Badgers fault.
So this group returns to Liam and gets thoroughly scolded for destroying this precious historical landmark. Now we have to do one more mission to earn our ticket over to the new world. The group decides to stick together as they are given their next mission; to explore the tomb of the old Mage-King Zane.
>>
File: Snid Guard.png (8 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Snid Guard.png
8 KB, 500x500
Bump this thread!
>>
File: 1377103150247.jpg (92 KB, 689x649) Image search: [Google]
1377103150247.jpg
92 KB, 689x649
>>45345013
Keep going.
>>
>>45317924
I'm running one which I'm using a modernish settings for to simulate gang fights in Silent Hill. Great fun.
>>
File: Tomb.png (468 KB, 716x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tomb.png
468 KB, 716x1080
>>45345013
Ok, back from work.
Anyways
So we got fucked over, losing our ticket to the new world. We had to complete our next mission in order to redeem ourselves. Lucky for us, someone discovered this age-old tomb on this island off the shore of the mainland. Gregor, Logan, Malkano, Badger, and Gix all headed down to the island. The coast was crazy. Every adventurer and researcher and their mother had come here in hopes of some dungeon diving. We had no way over to the island, so after an arm-wrestling bet with a sailor, we won a free ride over.
We get there and it's like Mardi Gras. Turns out when a bunch of adventurers get together, booze becomes high in demand and higher in consumption. The entire island is a massive party as people try to figure out how to get into this tomb, only noted by these giant statues. Badger and his beloved pet spider, Mathilda, figure out how to get in (not involving explosions), and the party hauls ass into the tomb before it shuts behind them, leaving a bunch of very angry adventurers outside.
The party explores this tomb belonging to Zane, an old rootwalker Mage-King from long ago that was obsessed with the natural magics of the world. We find this fountain full of potion that makes any living being float that comes into contact with it, Fizzy Lifting style. Naturally we make Logan float with it and use him as a Lizard balloon.
After further exploring and discovering some weird-ass animals in the tomb itself, we discover that we aren't alone.
>>
File: CReEPy.png (182 KB, 700x562) Image search: [Google]
CReEPy.png
182 KB, 700x562
>>45348697
We encounter another party after Gix tries to stab them to death. Naturally, they don't like us. This is the first (of many) encounters with The Moon Guard. We kick their shit in, blowing up their gem golem in the process (free money), and kidnap one of the members. Badger tries to interrogate this chick with the tentacle from that eldritch monster we blew up, and it didn't go too well. The party confiscated the tentacle before the chick barfed and quickly apologized. They continued exploring and found this room, chock full of mysterious artifacts. We grab a few, which give us these weird magical tattoos (probably nothing), and as a gesture of good will, inadvertently give one of the most powerful items in the world to the Moon Guard lady so she wouldn't hate us.
Naturally, she bailed after acquiring it.
We also found this giant map of the world, including the entirety of the Lost World, and any major significant magical areas.
Turns out, one of those areas was this tomb.
Turns out it's because theres a MASSIVE FUCKING GRYPHON SLEEPING IN HERE. LIKE, SPHYNX SIZE.
So we wake it up.
Turns out, this guy is a total bro.
He tells us some stuff about him being an ancient creature, shoots the shit, gives Badger a magical feather from his butt, and flies off. That's when Gregor finds this room full of magical items. We each grab one, including a robe made entirely out of pitch-black, and a ton of gold.
Now heres what you're thinking; There is no way the GM is going to let you guys leave with all that shit.
We do. We get it ALL.
We escape the tomb, Logan putting the vantablack cloak on Badger and making him float with the fizzy-lifting potion, then casting a fog spell around him. We make the entire crowd outside think that the spirit of Zane has come to haunt them, and they all freak out and stampede off the island.
Turns out not but a few days later, the entire island blows up.
Wasn't our fault, I promise.
>>
>>45343891
I think really, Draconic Heritage is basically Drake Blood for all intents and purposes, and you could probably use Elemental Heritage (Metal) or (Wood) as Unborn or Rootwalker Blood.

Moreover, because FC isn't tied to any specific setting, weird Blood feats don't necessarily have to be the result of actual interbreeding. Magical experimentation, cursed-at-birth stuff, unholy blood pacts-- there's all kinds of fiction that could justify a person having the bizarre traits of a given Blood feat. A Snid Blooded person could easily be some kind Deep One, a fisherman suffering under a Tide God's curse, a failed shapeshifter forever caught between two forms... whatever.
>>
>>45344556
>>45344818
>>45345013
>>45348697
>>45348869
I really would love to hear more tales of these magnificent goofballs.
>>
>>45351087
I guess I could try to make one.
>>
>>45351087
I recall somebody on the forums made "Graft" feats for doing that sort of half-unborn thing, and there might've been rootwalker stuff with that as well. Can't check it now because of the stupid malware attack, though.
>>
>>45351242
The malware's fixed, they just need to get off google's blacklist. No harm in going there.
>>
File: Revenant species.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Revenant species.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45351242
This one, you mean?

Also has anyone done any work on reverse engineering alignment paths to better homebrew them?
>>
File: specialty-based undead.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
specialty-based undead.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45351329
No, not that. It was a feat chain that actually had the word "graft" in it at one point.

Also, that species is old and busted. This is the new hotness for playing undead. (I say this as the guy who made both, btw.)
>>
>>45351329
And yes, I have done some reverse engineering work on Paths. It's not quite an exact science, but there are some consistent patterns you can rely on for certain basic stuff, like what kinds of spells to put where and so forth. See attached.
>>
>>45351329
>>45351461
If you're interested in expanding your selection of Paths, I've done quite a few homebrew Paths that I could share. Just give me a bit to put them together into a pdf so I'm not clogging up the thread with multiple posts of them.
>>
>>45351500
>>45351461
>>45351425
Also as someone who seems quite adept at analyzing the machinery of this RPG, what aspect has yet to be fully researched/developed?

Also what do you think of the roll-a-character PDF?>>45315986

Most interesting.
>>
>>45351616
>what aspect has yet to be fully researched/developed?
Arcane magic. This is probably rather obvious, but with the relatively sparse selection of arcane casting stuff in the core book, there's not really enough to work with in hashing out new stuff on that front until Spellbound comes out. I wouldn't even rely on the leaked grimoire, given that that's an incomplete, preliminary set of mechanics. It's a good stopgap to use in your campaigns to tide you over till the real deal finally comes out, but as a basis for homebrew? We need more solid data.

>Also what do you think of the roll-a-character PDF?
It's a fun little thing. I actually did a similar thing myself just for personal use at roughly the same time as that one was made, though for my version I actually put together tables that could be rolled with conventional dice.
>>
>>45351705
>rolled with conventional dice.
Well, that does sound a tad more convenient.
And besides magics FC clearly needs more in the way of gear past the blackpowder age of guns.
>>
File: homebrew paths.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
homebrew paths.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Set of homebrew Paths here. (>>45323962 is also my handiwork, fwiw, though that's more of a silly gag thing inspired by the line in that screencap than something actually made with intent of serious use.)

You might also want to look up the Invoker class on LtI, there are some Paths for that class that might also potentially be of use for other purposes (similar to how you might use one of the Monk's Paths if one really fits an Alignment you have in mind).
>>
Does any know were i can see the spell bound paths(the ones based on plants)? I cant find them anywere in the links or any were else for that matter
>>
File: pirate_by_limkis-dnp4pd.jpg (106 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
pirate_by_limkis-dnp4pd.jpg
106 KB, 600x848
Alright. So, today, we swept in on some allies under siege in a cove (hostile fleet slowly tearing through the scuttled ships they barricaded it with), and a naval battle between two totally separate powers (though technically, one of them seems to be allied with the enemies of the first.)

Basically war between groups A vs B, and groups C vs D. One PC is invested in faction A, other PC is invested in faction C, group B has hired D as mercenaries.

Burglar and Soldier both have wings, Fey Legacy on one, Draconic on the other. Burglar (who used to be a part of group C before resigning, and still holds a quasi-rank) heads down to where the pirate flagship is locked in combat with the naval squadron's flagship. And getting REKT.

Briefly rendezvous with the captain, who is someone we've met before, before lending a hand to the ultimately-doomed battle. Takes on some boarders below decks, puts out a few sabotage attempts in the powder stores, gets back up just in time to realize the battle is lost, the pirates are preparing to blow the ship and the captain was captured and being taken to the pirate's brig.

Swap to Soldier, who decided, hey, having one ship is cool, but what if I had TWO ships?. Soldiers sweeps out, strafes one pirate ship with a breath weapon, (and gets hit by a nasty sniper's shot in return) then lands on another and shouts at the top of her lungs, "Prepare to repel boarders!"

She lied. There was only one boarder. Her. The fight that followed involved maybe 20-30 standard character seamen, a first mate fond of knives, poisons, and hypnotism, a mage capable of some unpleasant things including summoning/controlling via artifact an enormous kraken made of animate seawater, and the captain, a dwarf so fond of drinking his booze gave him a breath weapon,(fire damage and sickening effect) and his weapons were two best quality steins.
>>
>>45353898
Soldier was the only survivor, albeit it was a near thing. It was a hideously long fight, and only avoided a lot of thumb-twiddling for the other player due to the other player not being there. Soldier won through at 4/14 Wounds and 8/69 Vitality. (Fragile Heroes.)

Victorious, triumphant, still standing and extremely pleased with herself, Soldier put her sailing skills to use, beginning to guide the gutted prize towards land with its crew of one. Her. Then, as she does this, she realizes the ship she strafed earlier is busy closing the distance... and even she can't outsail a properly crewed ship by herself in a boat that's been shot full of holes. Quick looting, lighting a fuse in its powder room, and abandoning it before it can be re-captured, looting what she can find from the special characters and anything paper. (Soldier ain't got no time to read, but maps/orders/spellbooks are important and valuable.)

Return to Burglar, who gets off the ship she's on just before the pirate queen blows it up (leaving a keg of powder on the deck, shooting it from the deck of her ship, maximum style points) and then, seeing her vague acquaintance and military (or at least naval) comrade being clapped in irons and hauled towards the brig, Burglar decides to board the pirate ship, find the brig, and rescue the captain.

Pirate flagship is a big, four-decker galleon with more cannons than you could shake a stick at no matter how many times you took Surge of Speed. Burglar promptly gets Lost, blunders into pirates, sets up an alarm, runs and hides, gets the other navy-sailor she snuck aboard with captured, then follows the captured sailor as she's dragged down to the brig too. There Burglar finds a witchdoctor preparing to carve up the captain, one who seems quite resistant to bullets and physical harm in general.
>>
File: 1415563584225.jpg (1001 KB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
1415563584225.jpg
1001 KB, 2880x1800
>>45353929
Burglar has great trouble dealing damage to him, he doesn't seem to deal much damage to her, then eventually scores a crit; GM declares voodoo witchdoctor to have ripped out a healthy chunk of flesh, and next round he retreats.

Burglar goes, "Well, I'm glad THAT'S over and will never come back to bite me ever." The proceeds to free the captain, the other sailor she stealthed aboard with, and sneak their collective way out of the ship through some of the battledamage. (Holes shot in it by cannon.)

In the meantime, our airship made the delivery we'd been contracted to do to the besieged faction A (remember them?) and then followed this up by extracting faction A from their besieged harbor, lock stock and barrel. Apparently, there weren't that many of them left, or maybe it has to do with most of them being kobolds. They, (including Soldier's long lost mother, who is a commander) are aboard airship, and next session should have a lot of talking and a nice Council-of-Elrond-style deliberation on the war, and strategies to stop it.
>>
>>45343891
>DC 100 Will save or imminently attack you
>a PC rolls the save and uses action dice
>it explodes enough times to reach DC 100
>epic romance begins

I hate romance stories, but this one sounds cool.
>>
Any advice for handling revolts going down in Fantasy Craft /tg/?
>>
>>45320464
Take the light/normal cannon and have it made usable by beasts. This can be bought as an armor upgrade, maybe your GM allows it as a weapon upgrade too. Then you can belch out fire and cannon balls.
>>
>>45354671
In what way? In what relation to the players?
>>
>>45352184
Don't think there have been any such Paths released anywhere. In fact, IIRC, the Crafty guys have said there aren't going to be any new Paths in Spellbound at all -- it's strictly arcane magic only.
>>
>>45357938
I've always thought referring to Paths/Spellcasting as Divine/Arcane was misleading. They're just different ways of handling supernatural powers with no strong fluff attached.

Maybe I'm just averse because I've seen too many people they can't make a healer cleric because they don't get any spells.
>>
>>45358184
Those people are ridiculous. Paladins make awesome mundane/divine healers and are awesome on a ton of levels beyond that. It's one of my favorite Expert classes alongside Edgemaster and Deadeye.
>>
>>45306013
>If you have the money and want to support the game
Why would I buy a fucking pdf anon ?
Print version when ?
>>
>>45359050
like six years ago and probably never again
>>
>>45359203
For the same price as the pdf, I would have bought it in a blink. I love having P&P rulebooks on my shelves !
>>
>>45358911
It's a perfectly fine class, but the player coming from 3e who wants a cleric who casts spells all day should be pointed at the Mage and given some tips on specialties
>>
>>45359203
Maybe Spellbound coming out in the next few months will cause a massive influx of sales, making Fantasy Craft one of the most popular TTRPGs of all time and allowing the creation of many high-quality splatbooks.
>>
>>45359247
they'll decide it needs a second edition and release a game that's incomplete in a new and exciting ways
>>
File: 1453607170463.png (39 KB, 633x973) Image search: [Google]
1453607170463.png
39 KB, 633x973
>>45359294
I'm sure it'll happen and everything will be good.
I'm sure.
>>
>>45358184
the priest class is certainly unappealing

I was trying to think of how to translate my gf's D&D druid to FC, and I guess I'd have to go with a mage who has an animal friend.
>>
>>45359374
I like the idea of Priests, but lots of their abilities are lackluster. Ritual weapons are okay at best, free hints are only good during certain styles of play, none of the "Masks of God" are impressive (compared to what other classes get for their 'choose' features), and many of the paths have very few spells or only get them at high steps. Not to mention Wisdom doesn't really help despite all the boosts to it due to not casting spells traditionally.

If I want to play a Priest devoted the the lightning dragon Taevas, I could take the path of air... and get a small amount of resistance to rare damage types and maybe at level 9 I can shoot a bit of lightning once in a while.
>>
File: 1454521128708.jpg (22 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
1454521128708.jpg
22 KB, 600x405
>>45357938
Then what about the ones in the rollachar sheet that are listed as in the spellbound preview? Do you know were those are?
>>
File: Call to Arms - Shinobi.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Call to Arms - Shinobi.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45359806
???
There are some listed as Call to Arms and some as Adventure Companion, but none for Spellbound as far as I can see. Do you mean Lotus, Cherry Blossom, ect? Those are in the Shinobi Call to Arms.
>>
>>45359939
Oh, that explains why I couldn't find them. Thanks m80
>>
>>45360001
I never really took at look at those paths before now, that class in general is pretty cool.
>>
So are there any homebrew master classes around?
>>
>>45359050
>>45359203
>>45359225
But they still have the core book and adventure companion available in hard copy. They even have a bundle deal where you can get both of them and a hardcopy of the Time of High Adventure module set for $50.

http://www.crafty-games.com/fantasy-craft-print-bundle/
>>
>>45360575
Geeze louise, what a deal. I'm sorely tempted, especially since I've been feeling bad about playing it sans actual physical copy for over a year.
>>
>>45360434
Yeah, there are a handful out there. There's a compendium of homebrew content that has a few (not counting the Legendary <race> master classes that go with homebrew races), and I'm pretty sure there are more out there on the Crafty forums.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FCrAZcFJJDOV9nLUlyVlZLUDA/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>45360670
Do it anon! I'm planning to buy the pack as soon as I can cash my check.
>>
so I'm planning on running a game with my wife to test the waters of fantasy craft. currently helping her build her character, and Im wondering, what is the best way to build an assassin with access to spellcasting. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>45360943
But paypal, though....
>>
>>45361032
Depends on what exactly you're looking for in an "assassin".

You've got assassins like 3.5does them -- basically, rogues with some spellcasting and a gimmicky instant death attack. The death attack would be hard to translate, but the general concept of "magic-using sneaky backstabber" can be done pretty well with the Mist Dancer expert class. Take the Rogue specialty, start out with some combination of Mage and either Assassin or Burglar for the first 4 levels, and pick up some Covert feats and the Knife chain as you go.

On the other hand, you've got FC's Assassin class, which is an entirely different animal. More of a slick social infiltrator -- not bad in a fight, but not at all your typical nimble, skulking, backstabber. If that's what you're aiming for, it'll be a bit tougher to manage since there aren't any hybrid-caster expert classes for that sort of thing like Mist Dancer is to the sneaky type, and FC really doesn't go for splashing magic into a noncaster class. You can easily make a Mage to play in that same general sort of role by making good use of your skills and taking Covert and Style feats, but getting magic use in conjunction with the unique stuff the Assassin brings to that role (like Cold Read and Quick On Your Feet) isn't really feasible. At least not without relying on items -- either magic items with the Class Ability essence to provide Assassin abilities to a Mage, or scrolls (with the Scroll Casting feat), alchemical items (potentially taking Alchemy feats to make custom ones, if you really get crazy with it), and magic items with Spell Effect charms to add magic to an Assassin.
>>
>>45361590
Im thinking mixing Ninja or Assassin and either sliding into Shinobi or Mist Dancer as you suggested. It was either that or allowing her to pick up some sort of Shadow magic type of path
>>
I started the Fantasy Craft shitposting when it first came out, baiting people with screenshots but refusing to upload the whole thing to drum up interest. In some small way my legacy lives on.

Real talk though: spells are still kinda OP. Better than any edition of D&D to be fair.
>>
>>45362157
Saves are ridiculously easy to make, though.
>>
How would you guys rate 'access to a suite of Magic Item Effects that they can turn on/off up to a certain limit' as a class concept? Is it something that could be well balanced on a 20-level scale? Basically thinking of something like an Aegis or one of the Akashic classes from Pathfinder, but FC-ized.
>>
>>45363523
I don't think I follow. If I do, magic item effects seem too all-over-the-place to be brought into a single class.
>>
>>45363696
Speaking of magic items (or just troubles in general); My GM has determined that my human blender has shit-all for acrobatics, and so can be substantially slowed with trip action. Which pretty much always succeeds. How can git gud vs trip attempts (or preferably, at acrobatics actual) fast? Any magic item solutions?

It isn't a class or origin skill.
>>
>>45364026
The skill feats Prodigal Skill (Skill becomes an origin skill and you can rank up to level +6) and Well Rounded (You can put 5 ranks in any skill). Or Basic Skill Mastery (Robber) but that might not fit.
>>
Why don't you just play Pathfinder or 5e instead of being a hipster?
>>
>>45364094
Don't enjoy the ruleset.
>>
>>45364094
Because they don't offer the variety of balanced and customizable build options FantasyCraft does, and designing NPCs and homebrew campaigns in either of those systems takes WAY longer.
>>
>>45364094
Pathfinder is a meme game.
5e is complete shit where every class is boring, uninspired, and highly restrictive in terms of fluff.

In Fantasy Craft, combat maneuvers work, martials are exciting, weapon choice actually matters (and all of them are viable), the magic system isn't full retard spells per day bullshit, and GLAIVES AND HALBERDS HAVE DIFFERENT STATS REEEEE 5E GO DIE
>>
>>45364186
Also armor doesn't make you EVADE hits, which was a big deal for me when I found out about FC.
>>
>>45364306
That too, fuck armor boosting your evasion. Makes sneeky breekies and tin cans feel like the same damn thing. Nothing more satisfying than catching a crab-mans trident in the gut and seeing his face alight with fear as he realizes you took 1 damage even after he rolled well.
>>
>>45364026
A magic item with the Class Ability (Very, Very Sneaky) essence would probably be your most efficient option. That makes it so your opponents have to roll at least a 24 to Trip you (among other uses). That would cover you a lot more reliably than what you'd get through a Skill Ranks charm (which may very well be too little to really be of much help if opponents have particularly high Acrobatics), and doesn't require investing feat slots and skill ranks.

Assuming your GM allows you to get whatever magic item you want, anyway.
>>
>>45364393
Good suggestion, I may have to pursue it.
Honestly, haven't bought any magic items yet (at 7th level), been spending all reputation on renown ranks 'cause I like the idea of being a big fish.

Sadly, that shit is expensive. But I still have a decent amount on tap I can spend on a magic gewgaw when I get a chance.
>>
>>45363523
It would be a headache and a half to balance, given (as >>45363696 notes) how extremely diverse the effects magic items can provide are. You're basically looking at a wildcard class that can, theoretically, get pretty much anything in the game. Pretty much any feat, any spell, most low-level class abilities, bonuses to any numerical value you care to name, a nice selection of useful NPC qualities.

It might be possible to balance such a thing, but it would be a LOT of work. I speak from experience here; I've been tinkering with a conversion of the Binder class for ages, which has a similarly broad wildcard role. I've pretty much determined that it needs to be set aside until Spellbound comes out, so I can get a better feel for how various effects fit into the power curve of the system.
>>
>>45364026
If your GM is just constantly throwing Trips at you, you might want to talk to him, too; as a player, you have use trial and error or an ability like Mark to figure out what skills opponents are deficient in and therefore what manoeuvres they're vulnerable to. Just because your GM knows you have shit acrobatics, that doesn't mean every enemy should.

Obviously I don't know the situation fully, and it's the GM's job to challenge you mechanically-- clever or resourceful opponents SHOULD realize that tripping you is the way to go. But if your GM is making every opponent trip you on the the first glance, that's something worth bringing up.
>>
>>45364576
I imagine you could make something more limited that would resemble the Rune Knight by having a limited selection of those effects and making it dependent on conjured items. Suppose you start off with an ability like this:

Once per session, you can spend x minutes to bring into existence a mythical weapon or other object from ages past. The item has one lesser essence of your choice (max Reputation value equal to your Class Level + 2) and lasts until the end of the current scene.

As the character gains levels, you let them use this more often to make more powerful items (eventually with greater essences and/or charms) faster and maintain more than one simultaneously. By having it be temporary like this, I feel like it would be similar to Favors and a little less likely to get out of hand.

I like to imagine this as some kind of bard rather than a mage, that can borrow abilities from the heroes of his tales and has the kind of versatility you would expect from his profession. It may also synergize well with Swashbuckler.
>>
how easy is to get into fantasy craft, currently playing 5th edition
>>
>>45365940
The hard part is navigating the rulebook imho, it'll take a run through character creation or two before you know where to find the important bits.
>>
>>45365995
Basically this. The actual ruleset is easy enough to grasp, but the rulebook is laid out in a pretty unintuitive fashion. The result of cramming all the rules for a fairly complex system into, like, 400 pages.
>>
>>45365940
If you want to toss up a character concept, you might get some people to to give it a pass. And possibly explicate the disorganization.
>>
>>45359503
I never really felt like the Paths were all that lackluster. You don't have as much versatility as a Mage, for sure, but the casting you get is pretty strong compared to a Mage of the same level. A Priest can complete a Path by level 9, when a Mage has 18 spell points and just gotten Circle of Power IV. A casting-heavy Path will have something like one spell each from levels 2 through 8 (not always exactly like that, but pretty close), which puts your strongest spells well above what a Mage can cast, and gives you more spell point value per scene than a Mage gets (it would cost 35 spell points to cast each spell in a typical casting-heavy Path). And of course you never have to worry about failing a Spellcasting check, wasting actions and juice. (Though Spell Defense can admittedly be a bitch; that's one of the little things that's always kind of bugged me about FC.)

And that's just out of the box. You can also use Spell Conversion feats at no additional cost, and taking the Devotion B/M/S chain gives you more endurance and flexibility.

The Priest's pick-one abilities aren't bad, either. Fell Hand, Sacred Turning, Rebuke, and Visitation are all fantastic, and Congregation and Exemplar are pretty handy too, if not quite as good as the others mentioned. High Priest is a bit niche, but potentially quite nice when it fits.

The key thing to remember is that the Priest is NOT primarily a spellcaster. Paths can give a solid chunk of spellcasting, but that casting is not meant to be the Priest's bread-and-butter. They're MIRACLES -- big, helpful, but not routine. If you want to play a spellslinger, you're just barking up the wrong tree looking at the Priest, plain and simple. Much like how the FC Assassin is a completely different animal from the 3.5 class of that name, FC's Priest is by no means intended to fit the same role or playstyle as a 3.5 cleric.
>>
>>45371034
>The key thing to remember is that the Priest is NOT primarily a spellcaster.
This. It's a tough assumption to shake off, but I remember one of my players determining that one of the best ways to build a damage-oriented close-quarters combatant would be through a Priest. The class is more about the religious theme than the magic itself, which I'm totally fine with.
>>
>>45371034
I like that spell defense is a pain in the ass for magic-users, personally. It's like a softer, not as fuck-you anti-magic field you can use when it's appropriate to the story. I mean, the point of giving something spell defense is that it's hard to cast spells on, right?
>>
>>45371687
They get the only spell that matters, baby

1/adventure Wish II
>>
Aight, let's try to breath some life back into this thread.

Any of you have any experience with multi-classing?
Any cool concepts you wanna share?

I tried to make a character who manipulated the fortune of his allies (spend action dice on them) and misfortune of his enemies (the black cat feats)

I think I ended up with something like Reaper 3/Sage 1/ Hexer 10

If you'd want to go even harder down the path of affliction, you can pick up arcane savant when you're done with hexer, but that'll probably not be for a while.
>>
>>45356871
In the players are in a city in revolt sorta way.
>>
I wonder if /tg/ can create a decent FC character sheet. The default one is horrible in terms of the amount of space meant for feats and abilites.
>>
I have a question
I've heard that this game is "crunchy, but it really helps the narrative focus" or something.
Would someone like to explain that, and give a few examples?
Also, how beginner-friendly is it? I'm DMing for a group of complete newbies right now, and when we're done with our current campaign I've been thinking about running either Savage Worlds, or possibly FC, if it suits them.
>>
>>45375251
also, would you say it's good for playing horror fantasy?
>>
Has anyone tried running a game in the Epoch setting? I just find the lack of iron weapons for starting PCs to be a major turn off for players.
>>
http://www.crafty-games.com/fantasy-craft-print-bundle/

Okay now I am really tempted, how is the book quality ?
>>
>>45360575
Now I am really tempted. How is the book quality ?
>>
>>45375753
>>45375738
52$ shipping, yes but no.
>>
>>45375764
$70 shipping to the UK. D:
>>
>>45375764
God damnit... 52 for Canada, it's not that far away come on.
>>
>>45372034
Well, no, see, my point is that Spell Defense is a lot more of a hassle for Priests than it is for Mages.

A Mage usually has a certain Spellcasting bonus, which he uses for all of his spells regardless of level. Whether he's casting a level 1 spell or the highest level spell he has available, his Spellcasting result is probably going to be closer to the DC of his highest-level spells. So in order for Spell Defense to matter to him, it needs to be at least close to the same value as the DC of his highest-level spells. Spell Defense 25 sets a substantially higher bar than normal for your level 3 and lower spells, but if you're a level 10 Mage expecting to be casting level 4 spells pretty regularly, it's not that much of a hurdle. By that point, you've got somewhere in the ballpark of a +20 Spellcasting bonus, so you're still able to clear the Spell Defense reasonably reliably. It's mostly just annoying because it means there's a small chance of failure on what would otherwise be automatic success with low-level spells.

But Miracles are always considered to hit the casting DC exactly, or the target's Defense (normal, not Spell Defense) if it's an attack spell. Thus, Miracles are just plain stopped cold by any Spell Defense higher than the normal casting DC of the spell. Spell Defense 25 flat-out shuts down any Path spells level 4 and lower, regardless of the level of the one casting them. The fact that Miracles have so much more difficulty than Sorcery with Spell Defense is really weird to me, since we're talking about divine power here, not mere mortal magic, and in every other case Miracles are the more reliable of the two styles of magic.
>>
>>45375738
>>45375753
The book quality's really nice. Solid hardcover for the core book, good-quality softcover for Adventure Companion.

But yeah, apparently shipping outside the US is obscene. Crafty does not have good hookups for international shipping, it seems.

There is always Amazon, though. Getting all the books as the bundle would cost you about as much as the bundle with crazy shipping, but this way you can at least skip Time of High Adventure to save yourself $25.

http://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Craft-CFG01001-Alex-Flagg/dp/0982684304/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1455288682&sr=1-1&keywords=fantasy+craft
>>
>>45375251
>>45375418
So, basically, it's definitely on the rules-heavy side of things, but the rules are geared to support a cinematic style of play and bring out details of your character.

For one thing, abilities with limited uses are all rationed in narrative terms -- per combat, per scene, per session, or per adventure. Many abilities are also sort of more abstract and narrative-focused; for instance, one of the Assassin's (smooth social infiltrator type, more actual historical assassin than Assassin's Creed) signature abilities is Cold Read, which lets you ask the GM a few personal questions about a character you can observe. The narrative thrust of the ability is that you're so good at reading people you can deduce personal details like their trade and hobbies just by observing subtle cues in their mannerisms; it's just abstracted out into simply asking the GM for some info.

You've also got the whole action dice mechanic, which are basically your fate points or bennies from other systems. They're used to boost rolls, activate crits & critfails, and for narrative control effects. The GM can also use his action dice to temporarily toggle rules tweaks called Campaign Qualities to fit the tone of a scene. For instance, if you have a scene in a dream world, you could turn on the Wire Fu quality to let people float around almost entirely unimpeded by gravity.

It's probably not a good fit for folks who are used to lighter systems like Savage Worlds and aren't too keen on crunch, but if you have an appreciation for more robust crunch it's really great for handling that in a streamlined and elegant way that supports the fluff without overly constraining it.

It also can be a bit difficult for newbies to pick up, not so much because of the complexity of the rules themselves, but because the book's layout is crazy convoluted, with rules scattered in all sorts of unintuitive places, so it's easy to get confused on your first time through trying to learn the system.
>>
CG High Elf Acrobat Burglar 18/Scout 2
Str 13, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 8 - 1st
Str 14, Dex 20 - 20th
Bag of Tricks: Sneak Attack +5d6
Origin Skills: Sense Motive/Survival
Acrobatics 9, Athletics 5, Investigate 6, Notice 6, Prestidigitation 7, Search 6, Sense Motive 6, Sneak 9, Tactics 6, Survival 6 - @1st level
Acrobatics 30, Athletics 25, Investigate 23, Notice 25, Prestidigitation 26, Search 23, Sense Motive 25, Sneak 30, Tactics 25, Survival 25 - @20th
Edged Forte, Bow Forte, Hurled Forte, Arrow Cutting, Called Shot, Cheap Trick, Parry, Ragged Wound, Salt the Wound
Basic Skill Mastery (Robber), 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18
3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19
Darting/Flashing Weapon, Knife Basics/Mastery/Supremacy, Ferocity Basics, Ghost Basics/Mastery/Supremacy, Mobility Basics/Mastery/Supremacy,
Charging Basics/Mastery, Lightning Reflexes, Surge of Speed, Bow Basics, Nightfighting
(not sure which three to leave out)
Fitted Elven Hardened Leather moderate armor with light fittings
Goblin weapons

My mundane, lower-dex-than-I-would-like elf slippery dippery stabber.

Is there any way to increase initiative besides Fencer or that human type (vigilant, I think)?
>>
>>45375030
Mobs of standards that may or may not be led by a special.
The first one or few interactions that the players make with each group will shift disposition at quintuple rate.
>>
>>45376284
You can't take the same option more than once from Bag of Tricks, so if you want more than 1d6 sneak attack you're going to need to get it from feats.

Also, Darting/Flashing Weapon don't really work too well with Knife Basics. Those feats only work if you're wielding one and only one melee weapon. With Knife Basics, you're considered to be wielding every knife on your person, so unless you're only carrying one knife you're ineligible to use Darting/Flashing Weapon. You'll want to use TWF if you're a knife-wielder.
>>
>>45376516
>You can't take the same option more than once from Bag of Tricks, so if you want more than 1d6 sneak attack you're going to need to get it from feats.
Super fucking gay.

You know he was originally a burglar 4/scout 16, but I don't like the ranged/terrain feats, and I wanted a bunch of the melee/covert ones. It's hard to get what you want in this game.

>Also, Darting/Flashing Weapon don't really work too well with Knife Basics.
Didn't know that either; TWF it is
>>
File: Bruno's FC sheet EN v2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Bruno's FC sheet EN v2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45375036
I don't know about decent, but if you just want more space for feats and abilities, like me, I have this.
>>
>>45375036
>>45377570
I've been using this one, mainly for the quick refs for action dice and combat actions since I've mostly been playing with people new to the system. Not much space on the main sheet, but there's a supplementary page just for character abilities, and for anyone who's not a Mage I just print that in place of the spellcasting page of the main sheet.

Not a huge fan of the inventory page on this one though, since most of the space is devoted to mounts/vehicles and Prizes, leaving less space than I'd like for regular gear.
>>
>>45377747
Here's the abilities page.
>>
>>45374978
I tend to multiclass a lot, to the point where I've nearly run out of class slots in the Excel sheet before. I do it either to achieve (min-max to an extent) a certain build at a low level since our "campaigns" tend to be short-lived, or just because I feel my character needs abilties from several classes to round out the concept.

>>45375982
>The fact that Miracles have so much more difficulty than Sorcery with Spell Defense is really weird to me, since we're talking about divine power here, not mere mortal magic, and in every other case Miracles are the more reliable of the two styles of magic.
I agree, it's a strange kind of shortcoming for divine magic. I could well imagine a setting where Spell Defense is even completely ineffective against divine magic.
>>
>>45377747
>Not a huge fan of the inventory page on this one though, since most of the space is devoted to mounts/vehicles and Prizes, leaving less space than I'd like for regular gear.
I'm with you there, back in 3.5 one of my players carried so much stuff he needed an extra page for his inventory and had to color-code which container each item was in (belt pouch, backpack, scroll case, bag of holding...). This sheet would make him sad. It's fun to pick up lots of random shit.
>>
>>45377799
>I could well imagine a setting where Spell Defense is even completely ineffective against divine magic.
I've considered just straight up using a campaign quality to that effect:

>Overpowering Universe (2 Action Dice) [Miracles sub-quality]
The Powers That Be will not be thwarted by any ordinary resistance to magic. Path spells automatically overcome all Spell Defense.

You could also use variations on that if you want Spell Defense to have some use against Miracles, but still more easily overcome without needing that one trick from the Devotion feats. Path spells ignore Spell Defense up to a certain amount (maybe 15 + casting level), roll a check (maybe just Resolve, or perhaps casting level + Wis) to beat Spell Defense, spend an AD to ignore a given target's Spell Defense for the scene, etc.
>>
>>45377901
I REALLY like the idea of using Resolve for this.
>>
>>45376165
Thanks a lot, this was exactly the kind of answer I was hoping for :)
I'm probably gonna go with SW for now then, but I'll keep FC in mind
>>
>>45377799

Divine does 'ignore' spell defense.
Spell defense (if higher than the normal DC) is the DC for a successful spell casting.

Divine casting is always the minimum needed to successfully cast the spell.
>>
>>45379518
Divine explicitly does not ignore and is affected normally by Spell Defense.

Divine spells only go up to the necessary DC to cast the spell successfully or beat normal Defense, and are explicitly affected normally by Spell Defense.
>>
>>45375036
What about the excel character sheet? It is pretty fantastic.

Although if you're playing with Fast Proficiencies, you will probably run out of room for tricks and such, especially as a martial, but otherwise it is great.
>>
>>45376516
I've always ruled this that a player can use Darting Weapon if they are only making attacks with that weapon and all their other hands are free. It is an unfortunate quirk of the system, but if you consider "wielding" and "armed" to be different but functionally very similar conditions it's easy to smooth over.
>>
>>45381199
>but if you consider "wielding" and "armed" to be different but functionally very similar conditions it's easy to smooth over.
Well, no, not really, because both Darting Weapon and Knife Basics use "armed".

And at any rate, I don't think it's really a bug at all. The major functional distinction between Darting Weapon and TWF (aside from the latter being usable for ranged attacks as well as melee) is *options*. Under ordinary circumstances, having more than one weapon wielded means you have multiple options for how to attack. You have different qualities available at your immediate disposal. Thus, the benefit of Knife Basics is functionally exactly the same sort of benefit as having two weapons wielded.

Mechanically speaking, allowing Knife Basics to work with Darting Weapon gives you all the benefits of multi-weapon wielding, without the usual caveat that you have to invest in Basic Combat rather than Melee Combat feats if you want to get multiple attacks along with that. And the "always armed" benefit of Knife Basics is sweet enough that it really doesn't need any additional buffs.
>>
I see Edgemaster get ragged on a lot, but one thing people haven't considered - the old 'what if they 5-ft step back' issue doesn't account for anyone with Reach greater than 1.

Like, say, a Martial Artist. Who's totally welcome to take Melee Combat Feats as their bonus feats, and provides some extra unarmed oomph when wrestling, making the Wrestling benefits useful as well.

A Martial Artist/Edgemaster specializing in Knives can do some real damage.
>>
I have named my next character "Highway".
Why? Because he's a Giant wielding a spear;
every room he enters becomes THE DANGER ZONE!
>>
>>45386070
Taking the King's Road to the Perilous Locale, eh?
>>
>>45386070
spell it "Highweigh" and claim it refers to his weight.
>>
I love FC's NPC creation system.

>Izayoi Sakuya (Medium Folk Walker — 181 XP): Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10; SZ M (1×1, Reach 1); Spd 50 ft. ground; Init X; Atk VI; Def X; Resilience IV; Health III; Comp III; Skills: Acrobatics V, Prestidigitation VI, Sense Motive IV; Qualities: cagey II, charge attack, class ability (Burglar: evasion III, Burglar: stash it, Burglar: uncanny dodge V, Shinobi: qi swiftness, Swashbuckler: tally ho!), critical surge, devoted (Cherry Blossom V), feat (Hurled Basics, Hurled Mastery, Hurled Supremacy, Lightning Reflexes, Quick Draw, Surge of Speed), frenzy II, honorable, natural spell (Time Stop 9), rend, swift attack III, tough I.

>Attacks/Weapons: Throwing Knife x200 (dmg 1d4 lethal; threat 19-20; range 15 ft x3; qualities: Poisonous), Maid Secret Skill "Killer Doll" (damage V: aura 30ft. radius; bleed; keen 8)

>Gear: Moderate ceremonial reinforced cushioned padded armor with light fittings (DR 1; Edged Resist 2; Blunt Resist 2; +1 Appearance), 3x projectile trap (4d6 ranged lethal damage, Ref DC 17 half; 2x2 area; upgrades: Hair Trigger, More Damage, Second Trigger)

>Treasure: 1C, 1G, 1L
>>
>>45390544
Touhoufag please go.
>>
>>45381199
>It is an unfortunate quirk of the system, but if you consider "wielding" and "armed" to be different but functionally very similar conditions it's easy to smooth over.

I asked a question about this on the forums, if the terms armed, wielded and readied are interchangeable and, if they're not, what are the differences in these states.

The response I got?

>They're interchangeable terms.

Which makes Many-Armed kind of funny.
>>
>>45375030
Are you that guy from earlier with the mafioso and the thugs with slimed-guns?
How did that turn out?
>>
>>45392610
Slime disease got real. I've got them hunting down a magic staff that's part of a ritual to cure it for now. The session stopped at the beginning of a boss fight where the boss is Super Slime Lady and her army of infected hobos.
>>
>>45377760
>>45377747
>>45377570
Thanks. That abilities page makes me smile. Really tempted to make my players redo theirs now just because they're covered in scribbles and doodles now.
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.