[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtG Shadows Over Innistrad spoilers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: furtivehomunculus.jpg (42 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
furtivehomunculus.jpg
42 KB, 265x370
Ok the first big spoilers have been posted. Who here is hype?
>>
>>45303126
>flip cards are back
>werewolves are back with the same shitty triggers
this kills the hype.
>>
>>45303154
dude have you seen the skulk mechanic? its basically Daxos the mechanic
>>
File: 41.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>45303126
But that's not what skulking is.
>>
File: 194925_1[1].jpg (28 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
194925_1[1].jpg
28 KB, 265x370
>>45303311
You call that skulking? THIS is skulking.
>>
>>45303412
That's one card, skulking was a mechanic
>>
>>45303126
So... Skulk is gonna be the UB shared evergreen keyword, right? I feel like it fits those two the best.
>>
>>45303126

Why give shit fying to a color with primary flying if you're not going to push it further powerlevel wise? That thing should be 3/1 or something.
>>
File: It was good back then.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
It was good back then.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>45303311
Aw man, I love this nigga.

3/4 for 3 was good back then and the drawback wasn't a thing because I played with scrubs, like me.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 161x154) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 161x154
I'd better get a non edh version of best girl
>>
>>45303154
The werewolf mechanic is fine imo

The problem is the human side needs to have good enough abilities that force the opponent choose between the two sides
>>
>>45304760
Its a common and by making it a 3/1 more things can trade with it.

The best skulk card would be a creature with 0 power but that has a way to pump itself.
>>
Why did they have to give the goddamn graveyard set to Ken Nagle to do? He HATES the graveyard.
>>
>>45304872
"This will teach those Hitler worshipping graveyard players who's boss!" - Ken Nagle as he green lights the reprint of Deathrite Shaman, Scavenging Ooze, Rest in Peace, and Grafdigger's Cage in SOI
>>
>>45303126
>Geralf is back
Fuck yes
>>
Wasn't Ken Nagle the one to come up with the design for Jace TMS? I say let him go nuts. His designs are OP and sweet.

You could say he Fa-Nagle'd it.
>>
>>45304809
Geraf was here.
my sister is a pleb
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 515x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 515x476
>>45304914
>reprints of deathrite, ooze, rest in peace and grafdigger's cage
>>
>>45304816
Most of the werewolves were poorly designed "not worth the mana unless it flips" vanilla creatures.

The only well designed werewolf was Huntmaster, since you wanted to constantly flip him for both of his triggers.

I did like flipcards in general, though.
>>
>>45304938
>design

Ken Nagle was the one responsible for the abomination called born of the gods.

He's awful and has no power to make desoon approve pushed cards.
>>
Long as we don't go back to that shitty flip nonsense. It was interesting, but insanely impractical.
>>
>>45304938
Ken Nagle comes up with wacky shit constantly and that's both good and bad. It's usually fine with the Development team reining him in but he also hates any deck that he considers to be 'unfairly' playing Magic from their graveyard instead of their deck.
Which makes him a bit of a dissonant choice for the goddamn Innistrad block.
>>
Fuck the designers, if BFZ taught me anything is that the developers are the true turd kings of R&D.
>>
>>45304816

As some other anon said, the only interesting werewolf was huntmaster that made you want to flip it strategically and was powerful enough by itself.

Almost all others were crap until flipped and then didn't give you a reason to inflip it.

I hope we get a prowess based delver of secrets equivalent.
>>
>>45305041
>It's already been spoiled
>>
>>45303126
I like the mechanics looks really nice. I like it.
>>
Who speculating on Drana here?

Kinda worried we won't be doing tribal again this time through Innistrad though
>>
>>45305222
Reminder that that executioner from dragons is going to be standard legal with SoI
>>
>>45305041
My freind, I have bad news:
http://www.mythicspoiler.com/soi/cards/duskwatchrecruiter.html
>>
>>45305222
Drana + New Kalitas + misc. Vamps in SoI is my head deck right now. Hoping BR is the colors to be
>>
Will we get reprints of Snapcaster and liliana of the Veil?
>>
File: 194764023804.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
194764023804.png
572 KB, 600x580
>>45306699
>>
>>45306699
Not on your fucking life.
>>
>>45306699
those cards will be printed only as promo foils and will be 1 on each million of boxes, good luck diggin'
>>
>>45305222
We're already seeing a (possibly minor) Devil tribal theme, or at least the basis for a R/b(?) tokens&sacrifice theme that makes heavy use of devils.

Also, in case /tg/ was not aware, Bloodborne: The Gathering confirmed, second set in the block was announced today. Set name is Eldritch Moon, and the splash art has some sort of nightmare-frontier looking spire bullshit taking over some innistradi town.
>>
>>45306699
You're not getting them until Innistrad Masters.
>>
>>45307681
Liliana was on the spash art as well.
>>
>>45307681
Lamplighter of Selhoff looks like a sweet enough design that I can see it included in BB. Given how boring the flavor is for BFZ block, I'm not too hopeful.
>>
Emrakul confirmed

Innistrad is officially 100% Bloodborne

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-eldritch-moon-2016-02-08
>>
>>45307768
>Giving a shit about worst girl
Look man, unless we finally get to know more about the raven man, lili can go polish jace's keyrune for all I care.
>>
>>45307787
>Emrakul confirmed
Stop saying this. The word "Eldritch" does not mean Emrakul has anything to do with this set.
>>
Seeing as Emrakul is conspicuously absent from Zendikar, and seeing as the theme for SoI block seems to be a Lovecraftian twist on the gothic stuff in Innistrad, I conclude that Emrakul went to Innistrad to become the resident Azatoth there. Expect Eldrazi influencing dreams and color-out-of-space shenanigans.
>>
>>45304706
R&D has been looking for a creature keyword that isnt flying for those two colors, so yes, probably.
>>
Yes but will we get an event deck or clash pack?
Did they just forget to do one for Oath?
>>
>>45307858
Wizards discontinued the event decks for some reason
>>
>>45307858
Event decks were cancelled after Dragons. Then they went ahead and put one together for BFZ, and promptly re-cancelled them.
>>
>>45307833
Except it fucking does

The Eldrazi are actually just based on Eldritch horrors and there's no other reason the set would be called that. You're a dumb faggot and you'll realize this when Emrakul is in the block
>>
>>45307833
How stupid are you gonna feel when Emrakul shows up?
>>
>>45305006
Maro took full responsibility for Born of the Gods. He moved Bestow to Theros and then moved all the cool things Ken put in the design file to Journey.

That said, I find it amazing how Maro gets the blame for exactly everything except the one thing he claims responsibility for.
>>
>>45307891
I thought that they were going to rotate between clash packs and event decks?
Does anyone in that company have the slightest idea what's going on or what they're doing?
>>
Is there some /v/ meme I'm not aware of that would make Bloodborne: The Gathering an actual bad thing? The game was good, and the good old gothic/romantic setting is always cool
>>
>>45307895
You do know that the word "Eldritch" doesn't strictly apply to lovecraftian subjects right

It can be used to describe anything ghastly, weird or horrifying
>>
>>45307923
No one said that Innistrad being Bloodborne was bad
>>
>>45307950
Are you for real gonna be in this much denial

Do you honestly think that the use of the word Eldritch by WotC implies anything BUT Eldrazi

Are you that dense
>>
>>45307923
Personally, I have no problem with them exploring a lovecraftian angle to Innistrad, because I think it would fit well. I'm just hoping to god it has nothing to do with the Eldrazi, because nothing about them has been particularly lovecraftian since they showed up, and them showing up ruined the awesome D&D/Indiana Jones Adventure world vibe of Zendikar, and the return was entirely focused on colorless bullshit.
>>
Investigate, really?
I just don't fucking know.
>>
>>45308019
Shhh. It's okay anon. Just accept Blues Clues. Everything will turn out fine.
>>
>>45307989
Considering the word eldritch applies to the zombies, ghosts, werewolves, devils, vampires and demons, I wouldn't be at all surprised if emrakul decided that her presence wasn't required
>>
>>45307895
>>45307898
>>45307989
WotC has made numerous statements in the past about block design, narrative design, and the shift to the two-set paradigm that preclude the possibility of the Eldrazi being a focus in consecutive blocks.

I'm not saying the block won't have anything to do with the Eldrazi from a plot perspective, but anybody expecting Eldrazi creatures and Emrakul to show up at any point are setting themselves up for disappointment.
>>
>>45307999
>nothing about them has been particularly lovecraftian

>sleeping gods influenced entire civilizations
>gods turn out to actually be sealed apocalyptic horrors that don't give a shit about their worshippers
>one eats everything
>one makes everyone and everything go insane and fucks up physics
>one forces every living thing around it to experience the horror that is existence in the void, revealing the comforting lies people tell themselves about the world

Looks pretty Lovecraftian to me.
>>
>>45308019
What are you talking about? What did I miss?
>>
>>45303615
It is a mechanic, it's what Phantasmal is now
>>
>>45308085
Notice I said "Since they showed up." They were fine in Zendikar and Worldwake. Then ROE happened and it became a stupid alien invasion story.
>>
>>45308086
>Investigate. (Put a colorless Clue artifact token onto the battlefield with "{2}, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")

Currently it's only on one card (White). Since it's a keyword rather than an just a card effect, it's going to be on lots, if I'm not bad at magic.

This is /tg/ who am I kidding.
>>
>>45308114
But Lovecraft's stories are about aliens.
>>
>>45308086

New mechanic one of the spoiled cards has. Expose Evil I think it's called..
>>
>>45305103
There's a werewolf that impulsesfor creatures on human side and cost reduces creatures on wolf in SoI
>>
>>45307900
Because is the only faggot that put his face. The others are too coward.

Doug felt the shitstorm coming about oath and simply didn't answer more shit in his blog.
>>
>>45308114
But they are aliens
>>
>>45308114
So in SoI Emrakul will be a subtle influence from the shadows, just like in the original Zendikar block before shit hit the fan. So you would have no problem with that, right?
>>
>>45308213
Yes, he is the face of the company. It's his job. But it doesn't explain why people blaim Nagle for Born when that's something Maro publically has stated was his own fault.
>>
>>45308078
SS this so when emmy appears i'll post it everywhere, just like people said narset wasn't going to be a planeswalker
>>
>>45308332
And I'll post it when emrakul doesn't appear
>>
>>45303126
Every single piece of art spoiled so far feels extremely like Innistrad and gives me hope.

BFZ block was an all around mess.
>>
>>45308394
Think about this
Think about how stupid you are being

Is the word eldritch EVER used for things other than Lovecraft shit? No?

Would Wizards ever use it for a reason other than Lovecraft shit which inspired the Eldrazi? No?

Okay then. Stop being a fucking oblivious retard
>>
>>45307064
we need to go deeper

there will be exactly one reprint of Liliana and one reprint of Snapcaster, both randomly placed into two packs, neither will get new art
>>
>>45308456
it could be a red herring tbqhfamily

eldritch technically can be used for non-spaghetti, but it never is

but Magic players are autistic retards so they'll accept the technicality

think about it man you'll see
>>
>>45304967
LOL! Each of those can go a long way towards selling a set on their own. No way they are all reprinted at once. We'll be lucky to get 2 of those this set.
>>
>>45308456
We'll just have to wait and see bud
>>
>>45308248
No, it's a two block structure now. We need climax of emrakul rising now and him being beat on the second.
>>
>>45308158
>>45308221
If your only understanding of Lovecraft's work is "Lol, Alien invaders!" you clearly haven't actually read any of it. Lovecraft didn't write about aliens invading the world to devour our resources, who are beaten back by a scrappy band of superheroes who unite the world in a fighting force and kill them in the end. Lovecraft wrote about unknowable horrors from beyond space and time who warp reality by existing, and who could erase human existence with a thought should they ever deign to notice us. The stories don't end in triumphant victory, they end in madness and despair at the knowledge that we are powerless, meaningless insects in comparison.

The Eldrazi aren't Lovecraftian Horrors. They're fucking Galactus.
>>
>>45308498
Eh? None of them are big money cards
>>
>>45308508
>I'm being an actual retard and I'm getting called out on it super hard so I'll just say lets wait and see because I know any counter argument I'd have at this point would just be wrong
>>
>>45308489
It's a word that's currently undergoing semantic change. It meant, and still means to some degree at least, something of uncertain origin, but it's not commonly used anymore and most people who do know it associate it with Lovecraft's spagetthi monsters even though Lovecraft himself used it to refer to all the monsters and oddities in his stories, not just spagetthi aliens.
>>
>>45308248
If that's all it was, sure. But WotC will never use Emrakul like that, because they want to be Marvel and have the Avengers fighting multiversal threats in action-packed battles. As soon as Emrakul shows up and Eldrazi spawn/scions are running around everywhere, it ceases to be lovecraftian.
>>
>>45308508
how fucking dense are you?

for now on i'll assume you're just baiting
>>
>>45308608
yeah that's my point fratrem
they're using it to evoke suspicion of Eldrazi incursion, because they know it's ambiguous

they aren't retarded enough to actually put Emmy in it, but they want everyone to think that
>>
>>45308552
>The stories don't end in triumphant victory, they end in madness and despair at the knowledge that we are powerless, meaningless insects in comparison.

Cthulhu got beat up by a boat and went back to sleep.
>>
>>45307833
What if
>Marit Lage
>>
>>45308552
So you just don't like the ending. Gotcha. You don't like the ending so you are calling lovecraft cthulhu aliens as not what they are. Ok
>>
>>45308659
So you've never read any Lovecraft other than Call of Cthulhu, if that. Gotcha.
>>
>>45308552
>they end in madness
This almost never ever happens. The Rats in the Walls is the one case I can remember where the main character actually ends up explicitly insane.

Several of the stories do however end with the main character either escaping with both his life and sanity intact, and in some cases, such as The Shunned House, with him actually managing to drive away some unspeakable horror.
>>
>>45308635
>Wizards isn't retarded enough to do something

wut
>>
>>45308602
I'm not being a retard, I'm just done feeding someone who keeps on being hyper-aggressive because I don't agree with what he thinks is going to happen.
>>45308613
Keep thinking that.
>>
>>45308552
>The Eldrazi aren't Lovecraftian Horrors. They're fucking Galactus

It's really kind of depressing how accurate this is. Even down to the "They're an important and necessary force in the universe" thing they've been hinting at.
>>
File: Marit_Lage_Token_640.jpg (54 KB, 640x445) Image search: [Google]
Marit_Lage_Token_640.jpg
54 KB, 640x445
>>45308456
it could be building up to marit lauge
>>
Nahiri is an active Planeswalker in this Block and has gone Red(White/Black)
this only adds to the possibility of Eldrazi.

also it seems she is mad about Zendikar and Sorin, unbeknowst to her that Zendikar just got saved.
>>
>>45308724
The shit you are spewing in this thread is just flat out wrong and has no real argument behind it. It's pissing me off because you're wrong and you know you're wrong but you just keep avoiding that and being a retard anyway.

Wizards is always 100% obvious with everything they do, and if by being "done feeding me" you mean you're done being a dense retard then please god stop feeding me
>>
>>45308636
And in the end, the narrator lives in fear and paranoia because he's convinced that Cthulhu's worshipers are after him, and he knows he didn't actually kill the thing because the head began to reform as soon as he hit it.
>>
File: 1430373857587.jpg (282 KB, 831x985) Image search: [Google]
1430373857587.jpg
282 KB, 831x985
>>45308638
Please.
>>
>>45308796
Ugin and Sorin were active planeswalkers in Tarkir block, yet there were no eldrazi.
>>
>>45308777
Marit Lage, who is a definite Dominaria thing?
>>
File: 1439919772486.jpg (463 KB, 1171x746) Image search: [Google]
1439919772486.jpg
463 KB, 1171x746
>>45308709
You found the hole in my plan
>>
>>45308638
Honestly this is what I'm hoping for.
>>
>>45308701
>The Rats in the Walls is the one case I can remember where the main character actually ends up explicitly insane.
And The Shadow Out of Time, and The Beast in the Cave and At the Mountains of Madness, off the top of my head.
>>
>>45308804
Until we have actual proof or confirmation that Emrakul is showing up in this block, you are wrong when you say "Emrakul Confirmed." Period. Emrakul, in your opinion, is heavily implied, but all you're doing is jumping to conclusions and making assumptions. There are plenty of explanations as to why Emrakul will not show up in this block that you're completely ignoring. I'm not even ruling out some kind of Eldrazi influence. But Every time you say "Emrakul confirmed," you are lying.
>>
>>45308796
Cue Jace going all

>Yo, bitch, chill. We saved Zendikar."

Sorin and Nahiri proceed to have a father-daughter 'sorry for the misunderstandings' scene
>>
>>45308874
Man, I love this doujin.

I could still fap to it forty years from now.
>>
>>45308846
Was also implied to have the ability to survive the blind eternities, iirc
>>
>>45304786
No no no. See, that's the Fugitive ability. *looks at Fugitive Homunculus* Uh...
>>
>>45308913
You remember wrongly.
>>
>>45308701
the meme is that knowing about the unspeakable lurking in the underbelly of reality makes anyone "conventionally" sane think you're absolutely mad, much like we consider schizos and sociopaths insane when really they have seen the fnords
>>
>>45308921
>What is hyperbole
>>
>>45308961
?
>>
>>45308994
Idiocy.
>>
>>45308552

Man, so what? Lovecraftian doesn't mean that it has to slavishly repeat exactly what Lovecraft did. There have been superhero comics that dealt with lovecraftian themes. Stories where madness, despair and the meaninglessness of existence coexisted perfectly fine with superheroes saving the day (at the expense of their sanity, or innocense, or at least having been humbled somehow). Even fucking Galactus, written well, has been a lovecraftian horror. So chill.
>>
lmao @ investigate
>>
>>45308552
Call of Cthulhu and Dunwich Horror end with human triumphs, however tainted in the case of Call. Cthulhu gets a boat-shaped snooze button to the head, and the Horror is soundly defeated with knowledge and pluck. The historical side of the Case of Charles Dexter Ward also features the common townsfolk successfully rising up against something magical and casting it down, though Ward's time period goes a bit differently. The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath, probably the most Fantasy of Lovecraft's works (or at least, the one of his fantasies that was extended and really tied in with the Lovecraft County/Mythos universe), also has a hero coming out more or less on top against a god-tier foe, though in Carter's case he more escapes than defeats Nyarlathotep.

You're not wrong, per say, but Lovecraft has a more nuanced body of work than all that.

Take, for instance
> unknowable horrors from beyond space and time who warp reality by existing, and who could erase human existence with a thought should they ever deign to notice us.
I'd say that's more prevalent in later writers who took up the Mythos. Lovecraft sure as hell had some of that -- Call of Cthulhu, notably, and those entities are lurking in the background a good deal.

But more of Lovecraft's work, I would say, deals with alien races -- they are generally our elders and betters, but they aren't entirely unlike men, in the end. The Mi-go can communicate with humans and be taken down with conventional weapons. Innsmouth was soundly defeated by the federal government. By the end of At The Mountains of Madness, the narrator sympathizes with the Elder Things - the Shoggoths are more horrifying, but in the end they as well are made of meat, or at least matter. The Great Race of Yith are pretty impressive, able to mass-hijack species with mindswaps but at the same time a rapport is possible with them in some sense. Horrifying, yes, but not everything is Azathoth, Nyarlathotep, Yog-Sothoth, or Cthulhu.
>>
File: 1448841940145.png (2 MB, 1386x1385) Image search: [Google]
1448841940145.png
2 MB, 1386x1385
>>45307787
Another set of flying spaghetti monsters.
>>
>>45308930

mind sharing the name? for science of course
>>
File: 1443721883885.jpg (19 KB, 238x255) Image search: [Google]
1443721883885.jpg
19 KB, 238x255
SoI theory thread? k.

Nahiri is obviously planning to fuck up Innistrad, which is kind of hard seeing as it's Innistrad. So what things could possibly complete such a task? She somehow b8s Emrakul to Inni is the most likely idea. If WotC has any clue to do a plot twist it could be something else entirely. Maybe she taps into her artifact fetish and white magic and teams up with waifu Norn to invade Innistrad and make New Phyrexia 2: Mechanical Boogaloo. Whatever happens I just want Elspeth to come back as a grimdark BW zombie planeswalker wielding the Whip of Erebos due to some Dante's Inferno tier shit.
>>
>>45309208
Emrakul does alot more than the other 2.

it won't be so simple as "fight the giant tentacle monsters!"
>>
>>45309021
How do you function in the world when any slight exaggeration done in jest ruffles your autism levels?

Also Emrakul confirmed. :^)
>>
>>45307787
>emrakul confirmed
are you mentally stupid?
>>
>>45309297
I don't think you understand how strong Nahiri is, anon.

she BITCHSLAPPED Ob Nix in 30 seconds of him being on her plane.

the one card we have so far, depicting her powers has her casually warping an area into chaotic destruction.
>>
>>45309145
The Great Race of Yith is as not-human as not-human gets. They are not-human in form, in ethics, in way of communication, in technology and architecture, in scale, in way of thinking and dealing with problems, in culture, in social structure, in fucking anything.

The only thing they share with humanity is a lust of knowledge, but that is as far as it goes. I do agree that the Elder Things are pretty clearly human-like in most facets
>>
PREDICTION.

the 2nd set will have a planeswalker that flips into a creature and can flip back.
>>
>>45309297
Personally, I think the end of the block won't be Emrakul showing up, but Jace and Tamiyo/Sorin/Nahiri/Liliana/whoever the fuck else shows up discovering some horrifying truth about the Eldrazi. Probably related to the Gatewatch killing Ulamog and Kozilek, and the repercussions that Ugin hinted at. Probably something to do with the moon.
>>
File: 29.jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
69 KB, 312x445
>>45309372
But we already have planeswalkers that turn into creatures
>>
>>45309301
People thought the same thing about the other Titans, but in fact you just needed 4 planeswalkers with attitude
>>
>>45309295
Don't remember.

Its from fatalpulse though, the Victim Girls gal.
>>
>>45309301
>>it won't be so simple as "fight the giant tentacle monsters!"
Yeah maybe it will take two whole small fires to kill this one.
>>
>>45309297
This is my head canon as to why she's pissed

>Sorin turns her into a vamp (hence why he was so coy to Ugin about Nahiri being dead or alive)
>Stashes her on Innistrad while she marinates into being a vampire, having her unable to go to Zendikar to deal with Eldrazi
>AARGGGH I MAD occurs since she isn't into current events and now thinks Zendikar is doomed, thanks to Sorin
>>
>>45309399
He's talking about a werewolf Planeswalker.

The human part is a planeswalker card, the werewolf part, a creature card.

It'll probably trigger with no planeswalker ability activation. I also predict either BR, BG or GR. Jund is also possible for Commander purposes.
>>
>>45309372

Twist: Emrakul will flip into the moon
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 210x240
>>45309551
>moon goes missing
>Innistrad in mass panic
>jace returns it
>emrakul is the moon
THANK YOU FOR FINDING THE MOON
>>
>>45309511
DOUBLE TWIST
The Werewolf planeswalker is actually a Goblin-wolf
>>
>>45309597
THANK YOU FOR FINDING OUR MOON
NOW PLEASE TAKE IT AWAY
SERIOUSLY, ANYWHERE WOULD WORK
OH GOD, THE TENTACLES, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE
>>
>>45309551
So will he come with garlic white sauce this time?
>>
>>45309370
oh, absolutley, but they aren't "all powerful, can and will obliterate humanity without noticing"
>>
>>45309615
Nah fuck that, I want there to be werebears already. I don't care how much barashit it would create, just do it.
>>
>>45309597
Lucky for you I'm a moon lover.
>>
>>45309505
she would lose White Mana, so I dunno about that.

maybe she could still somehow be White-Red after becoming a Vamp?

regardless, she's still young and that pretty much has to be adressed, seeing as even as powerful as she is, she's still just a Kor.

also all signs point to her being IMMENSELY powerful as a card and in lore, a fucking common with her on it has her basically pulling apart a city and throwing the city at the city.
>>
File: new flips.jpg (328 KB, 1195x1600) Image search: [Google]
new flips.jpg
328 KB, 1195x1600
>>45309551
>>45309511
These are all the flips
>>
>>45307918
They switch between clash packs (all standard legal cards which can be combined to make a standard deck of dubious quality or something. Idk) and duel decks (features a monster or faction or walker theme. These used to come out twice a year and one was walkers and the other was monsters).
>>
>>45309698
Yeah, I'm hoping thevcreative team doesn't forget about this blurb

>It is not known whether any werewolves still exist on Innistrad, but some, perhaps many, might have escaped destruction by slayers and rejected Avacyn's eldritch transformation into wolfir. It was theorized that other lands beyond the great seas harbored exotic species of lycanthropes, and it has been speculated that some werewolves of the known world have fled for those far regions.

Obviously, that first sentence has been made moot by the spoiled werewolf card.
>>
>>45304809
Even a reprint would be nice. Or better yet a reprint of her and Geralf in the first expansion, and then zombie versions in the third expansion.
>>
File: chris-hansen.jpg (26 KB, 352x707) Image search: [Google]
chris-hansen.jpg
26 KB, 352x707
>>45309759
>Kindly stranger
>>
>>45309334
You mean oldwalker nahiri, noone understands how powerful nahiri is beccause we've only seen her premending.
>>
>>45309825
Duel Decks: Geralf vs. Gisa
>>
>>45309759

Well, now that's boring: no card has a legendary sounding name.

At least most of them are relatively low cost, which might make them constructed playable.
>>
>>45309805
>Avacyn's eldritch transformation
Avacyn being Emrakul confirmed.
>>
>>45303126
i really like investigate, i wanna do artifact shennanigans
>>
>>45309832
>It's black
???
>>
>>45309759
>Pious Evangel

I hope this flips into a fucking angel.

give me one fucking aggressive white flipper.
>>
>>45309840
this doesn't really change her "core" powerset, anon.

she was already mentioned to be immensely powerful back then, so she'd be an immensely powerful "nu-walker" after.
>>
Champion of the parish reprint PLEAAAASE
>>
>>45307787
>More eldrazi
Just kill me now
>>
File: 1367211153520.png (486 KB, 526x700) Image search: [Google]
1367211153520.png
486 KB, 526x700
>>45309759
>Skin Invasion
>>
>>45309759
>Heir of Falkenrath

Human to vampire flip?
>>
>>45309759
Fucking Town Gossipmonger.
>>
>>45309981
Probably real shitty like chosen of markov
>>
>>45309862
They might be saving a legendary flipper for the second set.

Speaking of the second set, we now know Liliana's making her appearance in Eldritch Moon. If we assume Jace and Nahiri are also being printed, this gives us two other walker slots and around four walkers competing for them.
>>
>>45309759
Good thing we were talking about the second set.

>>45309615
Nah, at best we'll get a Elf Werewolf. There was a Vampire Dragon, so maybe a Dragon Werewolf isn't out of the question?

What we sure aren't getting is a Demon Horror Werewolf. It'd be too metal for the casuals.
>>
>>45309334
The mending u cunt. All the walkers got nerfed about a hundred years ago
>>
>>45310012
Jace as the Mono U, Liliana as the mono B Nahiri as Red-White, and Sorin as White-Black.

with the slim possibility of Garruk, but seeing as Sorin and Lili kind of take up the fucking black slots....
>>
>>45309904
That's not how it works u lil shit
>>
>>45309825
>third expansion

Anon I have some bad news
>>
>>45310053
about 50 years ago, actually.

and this doesn't mean much, sure she isn't god-like but she can still be high on the scale of Walker Powers that exist NOW.

and everything still points to that, she was already in the top 5 strongest "old walkers" that ever lived.
>>
>>45309904
lol, what? What do you think Nicole Bolas is so butthurt about?
>>
>>45307787
>implying it's not Lilli's curse finally overtaking and dragging Innistrad down the rabbit hole.
GRANT US EYES
>>
>>45310048
I just want them to be kind of cute in a goofy way but still a legit threat, so a goblin-werewolf just seems the best for this. Also GR has the most fun.
>>
>>45310076
it sort of does, getting "Mended" would mean she is where she was among oldwalkers, but now she's at that same level among new-walkers.

this is how it worked for Ugin and Nicol B, so there isn't any reason to doubt it working this way for Nahiri, who had an entire class of magic she invented.
>>
>>45309840
>>45310053

Ob Nixilis got nerfed just as hard by the Mending, so relative power between the two shouldn't have changed.
>>
>>45310081
No she's a basic bitch now and a fucking goblin with a stick could beat her ass
>>
>>45310086
yes, but he is still very powerful, just not Old-Walker powerful

getting "mended" dropped all walkers down a tier, but if they were still high their old walkers, they'd be high tier new-walkers.
>>
>>45310117
the one card from this set spoiled says otherwise.

she basically upheaved an entire city and threw it at itself.
>>
>>45310135
>getting "mended" dropped all walkers down a tier
>a tier
More like 100 tiers. Being a PW now just means you can get around, it used to mean you were a literal immortal god.
>>
File: forest2.jpg (43 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
forest2.jpg
43 KB, 265x370
OP here.

if theres one thing I am hype for its the land artwork. Original innistrad block had some insane artwork on the cards
>>
>>45310198
it still gives a power boost, its just much fucking smaller.

now its more about personal power, and Nahiri was quite powerful with her unique abilities.

like Elspeth, for instance, Elspeth was shown and told to be immensely strong, other Walkers were in awe of her, and she took down armies at a time.

the only thing that ever held her back were here immense baggage and insecurities.
>>
>>45304946
Eat a dick, bitch tits.
>>
>>45310012
>>45310055

Tibalt will have to show up on either set and will probably be BR/Rakdos. That's a lot of prominent black planeswalkers. Hell, even Ashiok would probably fit in the theme and general setting as the UB planeswalker. And then Garruk as the GB one and you have the whole pie.
>>
>People itt actually defending creatively bankrupt cthulu shit
>>
>>45310281
Tibalt was not liked so probably won't show up, just as Jace being their fucks with Tamiyo being there.
>>
>>45310304
the other theory is that Aishok might show up, shadows and nightmares sounds right up his alley
>>
>>45310343
three black planeswalkers in two sets is highly unlikely.

Sorin and Lili are confirmed, after that you really are stretching probability to get a 3rd.
>>
>>45310343
>>45310281
UB Tamiyo for Eldritch Moon when?
>>
>>45309759
>Avacynian
that pronunciation is retarded, thank god we also got
>Uninvited Geist

also
>Skin Invasion
jesus fuck I hope it's illustrated by Dave Kendall
>>
File: mindbreakerdemon.jpg (33 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
mindbreakerdemon.jpg
33 KB, 265x370
>"Mindbreaker Demon"
>2BB
>Creature - Demon
>Flying, trample
>When Mindbreaker Demon enters the battlefield, put the top four cards of your library into your graveyard.

>At the beginning of your upkeep, if you don't have 4 or more card types in your graveyard, you lose 4 life.
>4/5

bueno
>>
>>45310304
>Madness is back
>Devils
>>Tibalt probably won't show up
>>
>>45309865
It would be cool if they did something with this, like Emrakul possessing Avacyn, since Emmy's god statue looked like an angel
>>
>>45308796
Yeah. It got saved. After being fucked bloody and raw.
>>
>>45310055
Garruk is getting his sanity back and returning to mono G, dont worry
>>
>>45310455
>five Red, 3 loyalty
>+1 "Exile your hand, draw a card"
>-4 "Tibalt deals 2 damage to target creature
>-10 "Destroy target nonbasic land"
>>
>>45308638
One can dream anon
>>
>>45309930
Transform Aura, possibly
>>
>>45309334
Yeah. Pre-mending. She's a Bradywalker now.
>>
File: PlbuLfR.jpg (672 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
PlbuLfR.jpg
672 KB, 2560x1600
I'm hype that our boi, Sorin, will finally get to flex his abilities
>>
>>45308638
OH MAN YOU BEAT ME TO IT YOU CUNT.
>>
>>45304786
you see, when i started playing that was the illusion mechanic
>>
>>45310427
What a shitty Juzam Djin
>>
>>45310548
you forgot
>3R
>1 starting loyalty
>>
>>45310386
>Sorin wont be BW or just W
Nahiri has been confirmed?
BW sorin and nahiri flip walker
>>
>>45310390
If she goes crazy from studying the moon too much, wouldn't UR be a better fit?

Interestingly, going mad from too much research into the unknown was a theme in Kamigawa too. See Reach Through Mists and Ideas Unbound
>>
>>45309306
>How do you function
Usually I staple people's balls to their desks when they exaggerate. Sometimes I use a sledgehammer.
>>
>>45304816
Well if we get a legendary werewolf, maybe it will be a bigger, beefier immerwolf.
>>
>people forgetting Tamiyo is studying the fucking moon in Innistrad

She's going to be back, I dare say.
>>
>>45309757
>Nahiri
>Still young
You do realize she's thousands of years old, right?
>>
>>45308777
THAT looks more like an eldritch horror.
>>
>>45310895
The real info we need is if jace is going to study that ass
>>
>>45310903
young as in appearance.
>>
>>45310236
>lone motherfucker in the middle of the background
spooky. I'm hyped too.

>>45310895
Will be walker for set? What if she becomes a lich and goes UB?
>>
>>45308552
>The Eldrazi aren't Lovecraftian Horrors. They're fucking Galactus.
Excuse me I think you'll find that Chandra easily destroyed two of the titans on her own.
>>
So who else thinks Nahiri is going to shank Avacyn within 5 minutes of coming to Innistrad?
>>
>>45310966
Please don't remind me.

Justice Friends was bad enough.

Then they go and tell me that 4 weakling neowalkers blowd up 2 titans.
>>
Eye of Ugin will be banned in Modern, the new memedeck is going to be flip cards. Moonmist will be a $20 common. Screencap this.
>>
>>45310958
I guess Lili won't be confronting demons #3 &4 for EMN, if she's still gucking around on Innistrad
>>
>>45311005
It was more like 2 neowalkers really. One pulled the titans as much into reality as they could, Chandra got really REALLY mad and blew them up.
>>
>>45310978
Shes going to absorb her white mana to use her as a powerup, sorin will be instantly wrecked when shes gone. After they deal with nahiri emerakul shows up for block 2.
>>
>>45311051
Hey, Jace did some studying, and Gideon punched a lot of stuff! They helped!
>>
I just want some walkers who are just enjoying the multiverse instead of sticking their nose into every little great conflict in it. I want a coward for a walker who just wants to live a happy simple life but trouble keeps finding them so they run or over comes their cowardliness and stands their ground for once then FUCKING DIES for it.
>>
>>45311022
Man, I had a Huntmaster control deck back in Innistrad standard that was sweet as shit and ran moonmist. If something like that ended up taking modern by storm, I would be perfectly happy.
>>
>>45311070
They basically were as strong as a legendary from dominaria.
>>
>>45311005
The oldwalkers never tried to kill them :^)
>>
>>45308913
Shadow over Innsmouth, The Festival, Dragon, Facts concerning the late Arthur Jermyn and his family, the Witch House for sure.

The Whisperer in the Darkness, Buried with the Pharaohs, From Beyond, the Dunwich Horror, Pickman's model, the Thing on the Doorstep, the Horror at Red Hook, the Horror in the Museum, are a few I am not 100% sure on without consulting my books. Insanity is a theme in his narratives. Both of his parents died in a asylum. Even if the protagonist doesn't go mad, someone in the story will.
>>
>>45311110
Just remember, Moonmist flips HUMANS, not werewolves. This means Delver and even the Origins walkers are flipped by it. And it's a Fog on top of that, which means you hold off Affinity/Memedrazi for a turn and can blow out Infect players mainboard.
>>
>>45310080
Yeah, I forgot about the block change.
>>
>>45310236
Heres hoping we get day and night versions again.
>>
>>45311160
yup. People underestimate the card quite a bit.

Man, that deck was fun as shit. Huntmaster as a value engine and tons of instants to play draw-go and flip him every turn. I wish something like that existed in Modern.
>>
>>45311194
Don't worry Anon, Wizards of the Coastâ„¢ will make sure that all of these new and exciting cards from Shadows Over Innistradâ„¢ are playable in all of your favourite formats, including Modern!
>>
>>45311132
Because they determined it to be impossible. And they weren't as dumb as the neos. They also didn't have as powerful plot armor.
>>
File: Conditions-Eldritch.png (177 KB, 400x234) Image search: [Google]
Conditions-Eldritch.png
177 KB, 400x234
Yall ready for flip enchantments?
>>
>>45309759
I can probably guess what some of these will do

>Pious Evangel
Hoping for a white Delver of Secrets, flips into an angel or something.
>Avacynian Missionaries
Probably some lifegain stuff, maybe flips into a lifelink black vampire?
>Daring Sleuth
This one is pretty self explanatory, I have a strong feeling his human form will be like curiosity except instead of draw a car you get an investigate ('Whenever this creature deals damage to a player, investigate') OR perhaps he will have something like 'when this creature deals damage to a player, flip' and his flip will be something good like '1U: investigate'
>Uninvited Geist
Spirit card that will probably have something to do with Skulk mechanic or some other unblockable shenanigans
>Accursed Witch
I'm thinking in terms of flavor probably like when it flips put some amount of -1/-1 counters on a creature, to emulate a hex
>Kindly Stranger
This one sounds really fun, hoping for some Chris Hansen shenanigans.

>All the red cards
All of them are werewolves except Skin Invasion.

I'm going to go with a wild guess and say skin invasion is an Aura that transforms. I have a pretty cool idea it'll be like 'When enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, flip skin invasion' then the flip side might be like 'this creature gets +3/+0 and has menace' or something

>All those green cards are probably werewolves too

Except Autumnal Gloom. That card is most definitely an enchantment. Probably something to do with lands or maybe a tribal (Autumn is the season of harvest afterall, but the word gloom makes me think some kind of tribal for a night-based creature, aka the R/G tirbal werewolf)

>Harvest Hand
Scarecrow of some sort

>Thraben Gargoyle
Self explanatory, a defender that flips into an aggressive flyer.

>Neglected Heirloom
hopefully something like that mythic dagger from Dark Ascension, forget it's name, the one that summons the 13/13 demon

Anyways Innistrad was my all time favorite set in terms of flavor
>>
>>45311254
no, Ugin told them the plan and they did it, they didn't entertain the idea of killing them because Ugin said so.
>>
>>45311160
it's actually better than fog, because it doesn't stop wolves or werewolves from dealing damage. Moonmist to flip Huntmaster into a 4/4, deal 2 to a creature and 2 to the opponent, then block with the huntmaster and his wolf token, then either play another spell EOT to gain 2 life and get another token, or attack with a 4/4 trampler on your turn.
>>
>>45311337
Funny how Moonmist lets Huntmaster kill a Wurmcoil without even giving away 6 life.
>>
>>45311160
Don't forget that if the origins walker are flipped by it they don't have any loyalty counter.
>>
File: 110830[1].jpg (26 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
110830[1].jpg
26 KB, 200x285
>>45311375
;^)
>>
>>45311395
Is /tg/ really this stupid?
>>
>>45311395

They didn't enter play as planeswalkers, so they can't get loyalty counters through that effect.
>>
>>45311395
it will never "enter the battlfield" if its simply flipped anon.

Moonmist just kills flip-walkers.
>>
>>45311160
>Origins walkers are flipped by it
Which is great if you want to kill them but not if you're trying to take advantage of it.
>>
File: 1421884227073.png (151 KB, 421x500) Image search: [Google]
1421884227073.png
151 KB, 421x500
>>45309759
>Kindly Stranger
>>
>>45311471
There are plenty walkers that I would see myself playing other than he flip walkers. Easily mitigated disadvantage.
>>
File: houndofthefarbogs.jpg (30 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
houndofthefarbogs.jpg
30 KB, 265x370
>>45311160
Talking about Origins walker and Innistrad, do they count as a creature and a planeswalker when they are in the graveyard ? For example if I have a land, an instant and a origins walker in my graveyard delirium trigger and Hound of the Farbogs has mence.
>>
>>45311405
>>45311422
>>45311441
>>45311471
I r-really got you guys g-good, heh ..
>>
File: abstract kind of rape.jpg (105 KB, 902x675) Image search: [Google]
abstract kind of rape.jpg
105 KB, 902x675
>>45311472
Place your bets on whether it flips to a cannibal, vampire, zombie or cultist.
>>
>>45311405
>>45311422
>>45311441

You're all idiots who need to read cards more carefully. The origins creature walkers exile themselves, then return to the battlefield transformed. Otherwise, they wouldn't work.
>>
>>45311534
That is how they work on their own, yes. When something else, i.e. Moonmist, flips them they never exile.
>>
>>45311534
Yes and Moonmist doesn't exile, it just flips idiot.
>>
>>45311529
demon.
>>
File: shork.jpg (24 KB, 246x191) Image search: [Google]
shork.jpg
24 KB, 246x191
>>45309840
What if being in stasis kept her safe from the mending and we've got a live oldwalker situation going down
>>
>>45311507
Nope, flip cards can only be known as their face card outside of the battlefield. Exile, library, and graveyard, they can only be face up.
>>
>>45311529
>Not flipping into a cannibal vampire zombie cultist
>>
>>45311534

Moonmist doesn't trigger their exile. Only their triggered abilities do.
>>
>>45311586
would a cannibal vampire eat the meat of his prey as well, or try and eat vampires? This brings up questions I was not aware I had.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.