[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #688: Eldritch Fascism vs. Non-Euclidean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>45251677
>>
Gooooooood Morning, Jump-Chain!
>>
>>45276733
Good morning :-)
>>
Who's ready for some FOOTBALL? Blood Bowl Jump/gauntlet would be cool.
>>
>>45276874
I second this!
>>
>>45276874
Only if there's a really nice owl there. A superb one, even.
>>
>>45276874
I'm sure you'll make it a good one
>>
Dust from Endless Legend can be turned into things if you know how to use it. Can you make it turn back into Dust?

If not what Nanites or similar can do that? I might be able to merge them eventually to let Dust do that.
>>
>>45276965
I'm not actually sure? I don't recall if its come up in the game or not.

To be on the safe side I'd say hit Anno 2070 and take their ability to recycle things for their initial resource cost. Put 100 Dust in and get 100 Dust back out. Its very handy.
>>
>>45276988
I suspect that Dust, being femtotech, would likely not be able to be replicated that simply. Nice thought, though. But don't you get a permanent (if small) supply of dust and dust-derived materials with certain purchases from the jump?
>>
>>45276965
It's possible to recycle Dust, yeah. I don't think anyone on Auriga knows how to do it, but being able to reuse it is the hallmark of the advanced Dust-based technologies that the various galactic powers use in Endless Space. Since Endless Legend takes place in the same universe as Endless Space, and just focuses on one individual planet, I feel safe assuming that their Dust is the same. Of course, the ability to recycle Dust is fairly high up the tech tree, so you'd have to put a lot of effort into researching it, first.
>>
>>45277012
You aren't replicating it. The perk just lets you break stuff back down into what it was made from.

Reusable Resources: ---When destroying buildings, recovering crashed vehicles, or decommissioning equipment, you always recover the same amount of material put into it's construction, ripe for being re-applied to other tasks.
>>
File: image.jpg (246 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246 KB, 1000x800
>>45276938
Never played it. Wouldn't know where to begin.

>>45277012
>Not using Dust to spice your food to feed your Gourmet Cells
>>
>>45277074
>Not using Spice to flavour everything
>>
>>45277068
Ahhh, I see what you mean then. That makes sense.

>>45277074
I figure 200 jumps later with the absurd amounts of tech and intellect perks I've got, by now I've figured out how to make my own Dust. Also I took T-1000 from Terminator, so I am pretty sure you can take THAT to its logical conclusion.
>>
>>45277074
I dunno man. Eating Dust might not be the best idea. Or it could be the best idea ever.

I think you'd have to go eat [ANOTHER] or something first. I can't recall off the top of my head which one lets you eat metal, stone, ect

>>45277097
Yeah, figured it was a simple misunderstanding.
>>
>>45277105
ANOTHER is the one that lets you eat anything, yeah. But you can eat Dust as-is. The stuff's inert without instructions, worst thing that will happen to you is you'll get a stomach ache. Of course, it won't benefit you any, either.
>>
>>45277031
Thanks. Is it a 100% recovery rate or do you lose some in the process?
>>
>>45277142
Yeah, Endless Legend is definately on my list of places to hit up after hitting Toriko.

Stuff like the Hydromeal honey stuff and that fungus bread all seem like they'd be great for my Gourmet Cells.
>>
>>45277200
Depends on what tech you have. It's possible to recycle all of it, though. Just really difficult.
>>
>>45277105
Savage salvage, machine soul:Takeover,Fusion Boomer. Any of these and it is a wonderful idea.
>>
>>45277219
If it's possible, I'm happy. I can eventually do it with tech, and till then make do with technopathy. I can make something with Dust, use it, then turn it back into Dust and use it to make something else.

Thanks!
>>
>>45277200
http://endlessspace.wikia.com/wiki/Dust_to_Dust

"In order to rapidly evacuate or empty a system, a military technology -- actually a combination of technology and martial procedure -- has been developed that reverts everything to either dust or Dust. Either physical elements are reduced to Dust particles, or the buildings and infrastructures themselves are broken down and sold off."

It says you can convert 'everything' back to Dust if you know how to.
>>
What happened to Sunless Sea? wasn't it supposed to be finished like two weeks ago?
>>
So how's your jumps coming /jc/?
>>
>>45277791
so many edits...
>>
>>45276664
But OP

how am I supposed to choose between those sides
>>
>>45277941
>current year
>buying into OP's forced dualism
>not going anarcho-arcanist
Magicae Vult
>>
>>45278133
Ever since I've had the misfortune to witness Bancho, I've been terribly suspicious of anarcho-anything.
>>
>>45277068

Does the "dust magnet" one deplete the virtual dust resources nearby? I imagine you can't just run in a tight circle and get ridiculous amounts, but if you stay in one place it's a steady amount.
>>
I prefer a Macabre Republic myself.
>>
>>45278565
I'd say it works via jump-fiat, generating a few Dust coins equivalent out of nothing, cause otherwise it wouldn't work outside of jump.
>>
>>45278648
Or it works kindoff like certains 'You get X amounts of money per jump' perks/items, it just create them out of nowhere, but can 'integrate' it in the jump to justify it.
When in doubt, fanwank.
>>
What are the best options for reliably giving other people powers/magic?
>>
>>45279039
Put mutants and magic users into the blender-attachment of your Geneforge, toss in some type of retrovirus and selective vector from Resident Evil, and then inject people with the magic-powered gene slurry.
>>
>>45279039
Magitek Mastery from Final Fantasy VI. You basically push magic into them and they get access to that magic system with a power level based on how much magic you pushed into them. Just don't use too much or they'll go crazy.
>>
>>45279039
Looks like Spekkio from Chrono Trigger can teach people how to use magic.
>>
>>45277791
Homework almost done, should have A WIP for Capt. simian and the space monkeys Ready for proofreading later today
>>
>>45279262
I am cautiously optimistic.

...Did you proofread it?
>>
>>45279277
Come now, would it really make any difference if he had?
>>
>>45279294
Yes. I'm much more willing to put up with telling him how to fix his Jump if I can actually read it.
>>
>>45279277
I am pessimistic as always considering a) he was going on about arbirary 1/4 perk effect apportionments, and b) this is the guy who had to be heckled into fixing legitimate issues in his earlier work.
>>
>>45279277
Haven't started on it yet but I've got a chunk of ideas , and I'm not proofreading it Elonanon Is.
>>45279373
Wait, what? I have no recollection of either of these things, sure, people yell at me for stuff they don't like but I would call that heckling, just a really nasty feedback
>>
>>45279039
Bioshock Plasmids/Gene Tonics/Vigors
Resident Evil Viruses/Parasites
Worm Cauldron Vials
>>
>>45279393
I'm not surprised; I don't particularly care if you're misrepresenting the past to make yourself look good or if you're actually that retarded.

The original powerlevels for PS238 misc. meta powers; planetary area of effect spring to mind?
The "you da bess at science forever" perk from that gross biotech world jump WIP
For a more recent example, the mindrape in Animal Crossing that apparently went unnoticed until recently
That abortion of a Dan Vs jump where you somehow tried to defend a perk to give you reality warping.

I'd be more up in arms about you working on a jump if it was an IP I knew more about. I'm sure you'll try to squeeze in at least a few ways to bullshit ultimate power in one or two perks, somehow.
>>
>>45279531
Nah, Animal Crossing mindrape was always known to be a thing, it just wasn't coming up much for ages.
>>
>>45279531
like I said nasty feedback,and Dan Vs isn't reality warping At least not Conscious controllable reality warping, it's more of a luck boost and debuff combined. And you do remember that I Fixed all that when it was pointed out to me right? I Frequently don't get things on the first try,But I keep trying until they are Okay
>>
>>45279393
So you don't recall me pointing out that Athlete and Conman have twice the perks that the other backgrounds do with no compensation in terms of items or freebies?
>>
>>45279629
Nope, added to the list of things I need to do.
>>
...Aaaaaand on a cheerier note, a new RWBY episode's been out. It's a treat.

Might want to sliiiightly bump it up on my power scale, though. Especially if I am to go hands-on with the plot.

...Heh.
>>
>>45279667
Then how in the fuck can you claim you don't have to be heckled into fixing your work? Or is that just "yelling at you for something you don't like"?

Cautious optimism downgraded to nameless dread.
>>
>>45279722
>cheerier
You hate yang don't you.
>>
>>45279612
It always puzzled me that took so long to be pointed out.

>>45279617
There is a saying: Talk shit, get hit. It took multiple threads of chewing you out on your bullshit to get the message through, whereas most people address those concerns immediately.

The fact that you used the original Misc. Meta perk in your attempt at shrinking Mars serves to prove you have no interest in your work beyond serving your own power fantasy.

Enough. You're not ever going to convince me you're capable of improving to the point I'd actually want to see your work on the drive, and I don't expect whatever you're working on to change my mind. For what it's worth I'm glad it's not an IP I'm too invested in this time.

>>45279692
>>45279722

I...can't tell which part is the pun, actually. Bump? Hands-on? Man, it should bother me I rely on RWBY for so much yet I've never watched it.
>>
>>45279124

>Put mutants

They said reliably not most likely to go horribly wrong.
>>
>>45279734
like I said angry feedback not heckling,Heckling is kind of general "you suck" kind of stuff
>>45279753
And I fixed that, can we not dig up stuff I fixed and am careful not to do again?
>>
>>45279838
Hey now, you were the one who asked in >>45279393 exactly what you did wrong. You brought this on yourself, man.
>>
>>45279531
>For a more recent example, the mindrape in Animal Crossing that apparently went unnoticed until recently

Nah Animal Crossing got a pretty negative response pretty quickly, it just wasn't worth singling out that one weird thing about it when everything about it was totally bizarre. I actually tried proofreading it before I realised it was all such nonsense.

There was this weird thing early on that doesn't really come up anymore where inexperienced jumpmakers trying to put their own original stamp on jumpmaking tried to make special jumps. Animal Crossing was one of them and gave you 100 CP with tera calling it a vacation jump. Knocking a 0 off your CP allocation and all the prices was about as clever as it got. Combine it with the 'shopping list of things I want' mentality that a lot of jumpmakers had (and still sometimes have) these special jumps were largely just an excuse to cram any old shit people wanted into their jumps regardless of how justified it is given the setting. There was so much 'why is it 100 CP instead of 1000' talk that mentioning the irrelevant mindrapey content seemed less prudent than just writing the whole thing off.

Thing is if you're clever about it and don't fuck over the balance you can sometimes work irrelevant shit you want into jumps. Imagine if he'd called the memory section 'A New Leaf', it would have worked a reference to one of the games into the jump, justified the presence of something that otherwise has nothing to do with the games and nobody would have noticed. Of course the writing would have to have been better as well for people not to complain but I'm sure you see what I mean.
>>
>>45279817
Actually, their statement was about reliably giving powers, not about the reliability of said powers once given.

Now, had they asked for the most reliable AND safest way, then the magical mutant slurry would not have been suggested.

Specificity is important.
>>
>>45279745
Well, cheerier than the topic we are stuck on currently.

And oi. I adore Yang. All up in arms about her. Heck, just that hair. It's Xiao long, I love it.

>>45279753
You... May want to get on with watching it, until it's too late. Spoilers hurt.
>>
>>45279909
Huh. The more you know, I guess. Sounds like a byproduct of the transition from regular CYOAs to a standard format for jumps.

I mean, what you're talking about-it's not a bad thing in itself. I'm reasonably sure nobody begrudges, say, Dirge for taking his own spin on his work. Or the Wash of Daylight perks in Fallen London; those are all thematically appropriate and at least inspired by something in the setting. Or the sheer breadth of 40K lore permitting B5anon to make lots of DLC for Light of Terra.

The issue is Tera/Bancho is nowhere near talented or trustworthy to pull off anything similar without projecting his own issues or throwing balance to the wind-or both at once.
>>
>>45279957
>up in arms
>arms
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>45280044
No reason to get mad. As far as jokes go, it was mostly armless.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 576x827) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 576x827
>>45279957
I think Yang and OAA would get along very well. They have a lot in common.
>>
>>45280086
*harmless.
>>
>>45280106
You telling me OAA is obsessed with his hair, gets stronger the harder he's punched and has a younger sibling he's protective of?
>>
File: seras.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
seras.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>45280086
>>45280107
RIGHT, EVERYONE BELIEVES THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT!
>>
>>45280044
Aw, don't be so yangry. Have some jokes!

>What did Taurus say to Blake?
>GIVE ME HEAD.

>What is Velvet Scarlatina's favourite past time?
>INSTAGRAM!

>What was babby Neo's most liked fairytale?
>MARY POPPINS!
>>
>>45280129
I know the first two are true. Not sure if he has any siblings.
>>
26. Hollywood
Roles: Action Hero (-50), Hollywood Heartthrob (-50), Screen Idol (-50), Tall Dark and Handsome (-50), Good Bad Guy (-50), Improv (-50)
Perks: Oscar-Worthy, Sex Appeal (-100), Movie Magic (-100), Walking Shirtless Scene (-100), Do Not Taunt The Happy Fun Ball (-200)
Items: Red Carpet Wardrobe, Good Lighting (-50) Soundstage (-100)
Production Posse (-300)
Drawbacks: Old Shame (+100), Leonardo Dicaprio (+200)

Chimmy: Actor - Action Hero (-50), Improv (-50), Oscar-Worthy, Sex Appeal (-100), Red Carpet Wardrobe
Falco: Actor - Screen Idol (-50), Good Bad Guy (-50), Oscar-Worthy, Sex Appeal (-100), Red Carpet Wardrobe
Roberta: Actor - Hollywood Heartthrob (-50), Femme Fatale (-50), Oscar-Worthy, Sex Appeal (-100), Red Carpet Wardrobe
Lexington: Actor - Hollywood Heartthrob (-50), Good Bad Guy (-50), Oscar-Worthy, Sex Appeal (-100), Red Carpet Wardrobe
Ko'el: Tabloid Reporter - Shutterbug, Impossible Shot (-100), Camera and Supplies, Map of the Stars (-50), Press Pass (-50)
Sisters of Battle: Actor - Action Hero (-50), Improv (-50) Oscar-Worthy, Sex Appeal (-100), Red Carpet Wardrobe

Ko'el doesn't want to be a model, or a movie star, or famous at all. Ko'el is just enamored with photography. He's not even all that interested in his job as a reporter. It's all pictures of space and flowers and portraits of his wife. I bought him a book on photography techniques our first Christmas here and he was finished with it that day. I asked him why and he told me that Tau vision is different than most humans, and he's showing my companions how he sees the world. Sometimes he goes off and takes pictures of real news events, like wars. He'll write up his own articles and we'll add them to the news cycle on board the LoT.

My old shame was an anti-drug commercial where I played a stoner that couldn't watch their little brother while high, so he ran off with my girlfriend. We also made 6 movies in ten years. I'm keeping copies.
>>
>>45280158
I dont get it.
>>
>>45280683
Pretty obvious if you watch the latest episode. Do. It's great.
>>
>>45280683
You know how some shows will spend an entire season building up expectation so they can subvert it in the climax?

RWBY did that for almost three whole seasons. Then S3E11 happened.
>>
>>45280766
Things get awesome when any and all plot armor in the show just... STOPS, working, don't they?~
>>
File: kars stopped thinking.gif (2 MB, 437x245) Image search: [Google]
kars stopped thinking.gif
2 MB, 437x245
>>45280766
TUMBLING DOWN

TUMBLING DOWN

TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>>45280766
Yeah, fuck subtlety. I'm just going to walk up to the bad guys and drop a miniature sun on them.
>>
>>45280158
>The price of dealing with Yang?
>An arm and a leg.
>>
File: badtime chase.gif (323 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
badtime chase.gif
323 KB, 340x255
>>45280977
Indeed, this can no longer be allowed to progress as it has.
>>
>>45280873
Meh, crazy places make for fun times.

Plus, I went there mostly for adventures and sweet abs. I am hopelessly addicted to aesthetic and beauty perks.
>>
>>45280158
>What do you say to Yang?
>Give me ten
>>
Who made the RWBY jump again?

Maiden perk when?
>>
>>45281410
Clover.

Jumping the gun a bit there aren't you?
>>
>>45281301
Arrowverse question, bump from last thread:
Can I take Metahuman twice?
>>
File: image.png (119 KB, 579x523) Image search: [Google]
image.png
119 KB, 579x523
>>45281410
We've only seen Fall Maiden's powers.
>>
File: image.png (733 KB, 1280x738) Image search: [Google]
image.png
733 KB, 1280x738
>>45281705
No. That's why you have the point convertor.
>>
>>45281728
Okay thanks, I figured it might be a 600:1000 transfer then the converter for lower CP powers
>>
>>45281872
Naw it's a 1 time buy at 600cp, then you get a pool of free points for powers. If you want more, you can convert cp to mp on 1:1 basis.
>>
>>45280787
Well its more like we have no idea who has plot armor anymore and to what extent, other than that the main four girls will survive in some capacity.
>>
>>45279039

Ar Tonelico can scan for people and "grant them magic". By default it's a bit invasive, but it's possible to do it differently.

That's superscience pretending to be magic though, sortof.
>>
>>45282846
To be fair it's superscience in the same sense EVAs, Symphogears and Spiral energy is superscience
>>
>>45281410
No Maiden perk, but we've got a Maiden drawback. Take it and Cinder stole some of your powers.
>>
>>45282872

Indeed. It's very solidly "sufficiently advanced".
>>
>>45282846
>Ar Tonelico can scan for people and "grant them magic".
They have to be given tower access, which means you'd have to make them Reyvateils or alter the tower's system for determining who can sing song magic.
>>
>>45282918

Yes, I just didn't want to go into too much detail.

It should be possible after a few additional programming and tech perks, though of course it's not going to be easy after 700 years of nobody cracking it.

The Carillion Organito device provides non-Reyvateils access to effects, so that would be a start.
>>
So while we're kinda-sorta on the topic of RWBY:

Abyssal + soul-tweakery perks & knowledge + sufficient magic & the tools to work with it.

Grimm-Human Hybrids. Y/N?
>>
>>45283024
I don't see why not?
>>
File: 54915713.jpg (73 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
54915713.jpg
73 KB, 400x400
>>45283024
Giving a Non-Souled being a soul, and then combining it with human DNA?

Could possibly work, call up a certain doctor fran, because I think she (And therefore some perks from that) would help.
>>
>>45283024
Y.

As in WHY.
>>
>>45283024
Well, be careful. If you're not careful, you might end up in a situation where you gave a soulless being a will to live.

And that doesn't end well.
>>
>>45283024
I don't see why it would be impossible. Dangerous and potentially not worth the effort even if it doesn't go wrong, but not impossible.
>>
>>45281972
Because you get your power come from the anti matter incident would they be the only ones not atrophied due to welcome to hell? Also with vibe you can look into the past and future right?
>>
>>45283024
What do you hope to make out of it?

Grimm-ified Humans, which propably would just make them a bit tougher than normal humans?

Or Grimm with souls, and thus Aura/Semblance? Which could be useful, I guess?

Also, does everyone take Abyssal? I feel like I keep seeing people talk about that all the time.
>>
>>45283432
Nah. I've seen more Highlighters, Represents, and Jams than Abyssals.
>>
File: image.png (390 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
390 KB, 640x480
>>45283180
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
File: confused iop.gif (2 MB, 517x400) Image search: [Google]
confused iop.gif
2 MB, 517x400
>>45283538
>>45283432
>tfw nobody takes Miasma
>>
>>45283538
Huh, alright then. Must be me not paying enough attention.

>>45283632
Meh. Miasma.

Oh. Other question. Represent gives you a fraction of people's Semblances. The Schnee semblance is hereditary. How many Schnees would I need to find and harmonise with to get to about their level?
>>
>>45283632
That's always been a bit of an odd duck. Thinking of updating it once season 3 ends.
>>
>>45283715
By the way, what happened to Sunless Sea? Did Mr Eaten devour your notes or something?
>>
>>45283538
Yeah, there just isn't any crazy plans you can make with Highlighter or Jam. You shoot lasers or block magic. They do what they're made to do well, but they're not weird like Represent and Abyssal which get all the plans.
>>
>>45283432
>>45283538
Abyssal is more interesting to talk about, maybe?
>>
>>45283796
>Not picking abyssal and then using the Castle from van helsing to live like a spooky grim based grim reaper out in the woods for a year.

It's like people don't want to be the BBEG
>>
>>45283973
Don't remind me I started out as a shirou emiya expy that tried to save everyone I could. After awhile I turned into a non-sociopathic DIO.
>>
>>45284346
>non-sociopathic
>DIO
Pick one.
>>
File: dio-brando-allstarbattle.jpg (196 KB, 800x1400) Image search: [Google]
dio-brando-allstarbattle.jpg
196 KB, 800x1400
>>45284346
You go around with a constant erection?
>>
>>45284411
Would DIO expy be better?

>>45284417
After serekei yes.
>>
>>45284463
Sekirei
>>
>>45283252
Yeah, with Vibe you can look into past and future. However you start small, like you'd only vibe when feeling a powerful emotion. Then later on when you get more comfortable with things you can start to control vibes. Eventually you can look into the past of an object without needing to feel strongly connected or in a highly emotional state. Same goes with looking into the future. Then the problem becomes training your senses to see further than a few hours. Which is constantly using your power.

However be aware that causing time paradoxes will be very lethal if they're not fixed. That's in general in this setting causing a time paradox can cause you to be Retgoned out of existence. Just that you having access to seeing the past and future can put you in more danger.
>>
>>45284502
Really makes you wonder how LoT will deal with that problem, since the whole goal there is to CAUSE a paradox.
>>
File: Rust.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Rust.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So me and a friend who have been doing this for a while cooked this up
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 1024x732
>>45283715
Throwing a bit of Emerald's ability to make people see what's not there would be nice.
>>
>>45284502
How do you cause a time paradox by being able to see through the past and future?

Also, there are perks for that.
>>
>>45284595
Illusions are included in the Light semblance.
>>
>>45284590
A retry for potentially 300 CP is a bit too cheap, I think.
>>
>>45284590
Hacker seems quite bad if you pay 500 to get discounts on nothing and one free perk worth 500.
>>
>>45284709
Fuck me, I can't read. Never mind.
>>
>>45284590
Ooooh, this is nice. Quite fitting to the game's spirit, at the very least.
>>
>>45283056
I did pick up the entire Doctor line, so that may very well be essential.

>>45283143
Because.

>>45283228
>>45283055
>>45283180
Warnings taken under advisement, I'm pondering how half-Grimmification could interact with abilities granted in the future, also my answer to >>45283432
>>
>>45284595
As written Carry a Big Stick would let you carry a mountain efforttlessly. Might wanna reword it?
>>
>>45284590
needs more perks.
>>
>>45284608
It's not just seeing in the future or past. That's fine, what causes paradox if you mess with the future. Like in the show, Reverse Flash meets Flash for the first time in the RF's career. Despite this, Barry has already fought against an older RF and he was time paradoxed out of history. However because the Speed Force was involved it created an "echo" that allowed RF to basically live out his history with Flash creating a time loop.

That time loop was interfered with when Flash caught and imprisoned RF. Time paradox started to happen to Vibe/Cisco because he was connected to the vibrations of the universe. Seeing he was preventing himself from getting the powers because RF as Harrison Wells made him way he is now, that caused a time paradox.

So he started to fade out of existence. It was rectified when they released RF and sent him home. Thus they played their parts in the time loop. So by using your power to prevent something from happening to you that's already happened, Time Paradox.

It's not the powers but your actions. At least in the Arrowverse universe because the fact timeline is constantly in flux. Other settings you probably don't have to worry about causing time paradoxes. Just be aware you can cause them unintentionally.
>>
So we talk alot about elves, and the fey. Have we ever talked about fairies, like the tinkerbell and Zelda type of fairies?

Is there anywhere in the chain to pick up a companion or two of that type? Has anyone done this, or have you made your own clarktech versions thereof?
>>
>>45284868

You can get a fairy from the legend of zelda jump like I did
>>
>>45284868
Well, Zelda of course. Berserk as well. And Cyber Elves from Megaman Zero are clarketech fairies, so we've got you covered there, too.
>>
>>45284868
Elves are scum deserving punishment.
>>
>>45284662
I considered that also. I'll see if we can bring it up to 800 or something.

>>45284782
That was the goal. We're not the greatest jumpmakers (this being our first), but we were at least going to nail the nature of the game.

>>45284804
I would agree, but we couldn't think of anything else that would even remotely have to do with the game.

>>45284796
You're right, we'll adjust it.
>>
>>45284868
Never trust the Fae!
>>
File: Navi_(The_Legend_of_Zelda).png (188 KB, 627x599) Image search: [Google]
Navi_(The_Legend_of_Zelda).png
188 KB, 627x599
>>45284936
>>45284922
Hey! Listen!
I͍͉̫̫̫̯̰̙͇̋̂̈̕͠'̝̭͓͍͆̓̓́͐̑̋́̒͜m̷̖̞̝̣̻̠̤̰̌̃͋͑̀̿͟ͅ ġ̷̡̨͎̣̭͎̪̦̈́̊̎̾͐̒͘ͅo̶̙̝͔͙̼̥̍̑͐̈͑͆̚̕͜͠ï̙͖̭͙͔̖̞͐͆̓͗̊͛́͝ͅn̷̫͔̻͓̦̙̍̉̔̃̂͝g̘̞̥͇͛̀̽̆͐̒́̄̏͟͠ ṭ̶̡̛͍̦̠͚͈̍̽̐̎̆̕͟͢͡ỏ̸̡̫̤̮̜͔͉̅̍͛͑̆̒̈́̕͟ s̸̫͕͇̮͙̊̒̈̀̃́̂͆͢͢͞w̨̦͖͙͓͎͍̎͐̿̋̿̈̇͂̃̕͜ͅͅa͙̫͈̺̲̅̂̕͡͡ļ̵̮͖̖̲̀̐̒̇̈́́͘͠͡͝ͅl̰̗͉̘̘͖̍̓͊̾͒ơ̘̟̝̟̰̤̤͚̙͒͑͊̒̇̽͐͢ẘ̛̥͙̠̘͖͖͗͐̇͛͊͒̕ y̴͓̩͕̺͉͖̜̽͒̽̅̂͛ǫ̴̖̟̫̪̻̋͛̔̓͜͡͡ǔ̢̺̩̤̰̥͉̝͊̊̌̕͜͝͠ͅr̴̢͖̦̱͙̰̩̦̾̆͛̔̚͟͟ ş̦̼̠̹͚̩͑͒̀́̌̅̒͟ȏ̵̟̱̬̯̮̍̉̿̑͝u̸̡̜̥͓̣̝͓̇̀̅͆͡l̡͈͇̫̫̪͌̿̏͐͐̚͜.͖̠̺͔͓̫͍̣͕̏̐̊̊͐̉̕̕͠ͅ

>>
>>45284922
We're talking fairies not elves now Anon. Keep up.

>>45284868
I made tiny Terminators (with SimAnt) and combined them with Shadowrun's Fly Spy drone for flight. Techno-Fairies, go! ...They may or may not carry enough internal weaponry to eclipse a battleship. Through I spend most of my time on the AI and appearance.
>>
File: Rust v1.1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Rust v1.1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Fixed.
>>
>>45284832
As a Jumper, we can / will be creating a different timeline just by our presence. I think it might be a very good idea to pick up an anti-paradox perk before visiting Arrowverse.

(a good idea in general, really)
>>
>>45285087
Where are perks like that ??
>>
>>45283538
>Represents
Why would youwant that the way I remember the jumpmaker describing it when asked about how strong they were basically made the abilities worthless.
>>
I have a question about the Mistborn Jump.

There's a perk called Ruinous Font which has

>Hemalurgy is a dangerous and dark art, with a natural connection to the god of Destruction, Ruin. Through this connection, Ruin can manipulate the beneficiaries of Hemalurgy towards his own destructive ends. With this perk, you gain the tiniest sliver of Ruin’s power just enough to fuel your own Hemalurgy without Ruin’s help. Hemalurgic spikes you create have no connection to Ruin, and their users cannot be controlled by him or by emotional Allomancy.

So does this last line only apply if it's only your spike, or can you go around making other people immune to Ruin's influence using this even if they get other spikes stabbed into them?
>>
>>45285153
It probably means only yours.
>>
>>45284868
There are options to be and pick up fairies in Elona. A couple varieties, actually. The cute fairy servant you get from worshipping Kumiromi can eat food to make seeds for gardening, including seeds that grow artifacts, spellbooks, and gemstones. The regular fairy type creatures are incredibly resistant to quite a few types of damage, but can't wear heavy equipment due to being so small. They gain a major boost to their ability to dodge, though. Also due to being so small.

>>45285146
Narnia, Discworld.
>>
>>45285149
According to my Records from Drakengard, Narnian Time in Narnia, Verdicality in Chrono Trigger, and and Monk of History from Discworld.
>>
>>45284502
So if I use vibe too much I'll be erased? Only use it when it's absolutely needed don't play with it but as soon as I go to another universe it gets an upgrade ?
>>
>>45285209
See, that's interesting. All I know about Elona is: don't drink the water.

I just assumed it was fantasy Mexico.
>>
>>45284502
How do you cause a paradox in the first place?
>>
>>45285084
For the Duplication perk, doesn't "nothing that came out of the ground, air, water, or from other creatures" cover... well... just about everything?
>>
>>45285146

In addition to >>45285231 stuff replying to a wrong post, there's also No Fate but What We Make from Terminator.
>>
File: Rust 1.11.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Rust 1.11.pdf
1 B, 486x500
One last upload. Apparently my buddy added a little retarded thing in the companion import description barring you from your companions, but I fixed it. This should be good now.

Bear with me here.

>>45285358
The intention is that you can't duplicate resources like wood and such, but can duplicate things like weapons, grenades and ammunition.
>>
>>45285358
Not the author but nothing that came out of them does not mean nothing made from them.
>>
>>45285269
Elona is one of those hodgepodge settings where you can find anything. There's an ultra-high-tech robot god with suitably advanced followers, including a whole mission to rescue little sisters from big daddies. Also, nyarlothotep and spawn of shub-niggurath.
>>
>>45285425
>god
Yeeeeah, Elona deities. Those are some bad news for sure. A bunch of full on crazy people who all go full on bananas in love with you if you become their favorite follower. In the most possessive and nut house variant of anime archetypes too.
>>
>>45285246
No. Using your powers won't cause you to be erased. Your actions with those powers could erase you, if those actions were to stop something from accounting that's already happened.

>>45285272
Time travel. There's a lot of time travel going on. They even have a mini series dealing with time travel. Rip Hunter always warns of not visiting places he's already been to prevent time paradoxes.

He also warns that time is in flux and your actions can harm the timeline. Like when atom had piece his suit break off in 1975. It allowed Vandal Savage to take over the world 200 years earlier.

The entire Arrow & Flash show happened because Eobard Thawne as Reverse Flash went back in time to kill Barry. Instead killed his mother and framed his father.

Changing the timeline isn't going to do anything bad. You'll be able to remember the changes eventually. Like Cisco getting killed after he found out that Harrison Wells (Eobard Thawne disguised as Wells) was the RF. Barry accidently changed the timeline, preventing that from happening. Cisco started to remember his death, as dreams as first then as memories.

Just that power allows you to see events that hasn't happened yet. If this somehow prevents something from happening in the past thanks to time travel, you start to suffer from Time Paradox.
>>
>>45285171

Thanks.
>>
What exactly happens to you if you use Dark Binding to eat innocent souls? I know it "corrupts" you but what does that mean?
>>
>>45285571
You go insane.
>>
>>45285488
Ahh ok so just don't change too many things and I'll be fine. Say if I get get enough to use it in a fight predicting the movements of your enemy could that cause a paradox?
>>
>>45285419
Does the perk A Bad Dream leave your items behind at the scene of your death or are they permanently lost?

>Hazmat Suit
>the radiation, fire, and chemical spills you may encounter on the island

What the heck kind of island are we washing up on?!

>crates appearing on beaches

This is some kind of sick mashup between Lost and Hunger Games, isn't it?
>>
>>45285618
I think Rust is post-apocalyptic actually.
>>
>>45285571
Your better off eating the wicked.
Question don't you receive the powers of those you eat like alucard or do you summon them to use it.
>>
>>45285465
I thought that was only the case with the wind one?
>>
27. Fallout
Skill Tags: Medicine, Repair, Science
Perks: Lead Belly (-100), Pathfinder (-100), Jury Rigging (-300), Rad Child (-300), Kama Sutra Master (-600)
Items: Medkit [25 Stimpaks, 25 Med-X] (-100), Radiation Survival Supplies (-100)
Complications: Wild Wasteland, Hardcore (+600)

So, I'm a freak and a mutant and no one would stop shooting at me until I started helping the Followers of the Apocalypse. They were actually pretty great. I might not know who I am, but as a psychic with the ability to heal flesh by touch and grow food in absurd amounts, they saw use in me. My ability to cause plants to grow was used to synthesize huge amounts of radiotrophic fungus, which will help heal the wasteland one day.

My companions tracked me down eventually, and Lexington and Roberta were actually happy to help the Followers. Chimmy and Ko'el instead went on to be private detectives out near New Vegas. They were actually pretty good about it, too. We couldn't bring the Light of Terra into this universe, though. The Power-Nerf pretty much locked it out.
>>
>>45285618
At the scene. They'll probably get looted, but you could track your items down and get them back.
>>
>>45285653
Not sure. He directly uses Schroedinger's abilities,buti think he only ever manifests everyone else.
>>
>>45285672
Nope, all of them are crazy for you. The wind one is the most obvious because she's insane from the start (responsible for the Etherwind or corrupted by it and all). Kumiromi he mentioned? He's a yandere trap, for example.
>>
>>45285700
>yandere trap
I'm listening.
>>
>>45285700
Where's a good place to look at the lore of Elona? Most of the wiki's I've read were bare as shit, and that made building and imaging the jump difficult.
>>
>>45285612
No. Unless you're time traveling or up against time travelers you won't be able to cause time paradoxes. Instead it'll just cause a diverging timeline. Which isn't fatal, and you'll eventually remember the other timeline.
>>
>>45285790

...I don't think there is any.

There's translation notes for the main quest, so you know how that goes, but it's implied there's a much wider world with no information on it.
>>
>>45285758
Like I said, Elona takes them in a nut house direction. His insanity and possessiveness doesn't come across as endearing.

He's also pretty bitter because his former lover, the Goddess Ehekatl, has gone batshit and started acting like a cat.

Jure of Healing is my favorite based on looks, but she's tsundere.

>>45285790
Nowhere. You have to pick it up from the game, or by glancing at the forums. Or learn Japanese.
>>
>>45285419
Naked: Now, this is most definitely not the first time I end up waking up on a beach. Or naked. Naked AND on a beach, though...?

Forest:

Swift (100): Infinite stamina? Yikes. Definitely not keeping this one turned on all the time.
Unseen (-200): Heh. Reminds me of my Dishonored shenanigans, with that one cursed amulet...
A Bad Dream (-400): Dying in the jumpchain is pretty bad. Let's not do that.
Duplication (-500): Oh, my. So many little problems one can avoid by just copying the item needed.

Civil War: Let's make this a tad interesting.
Buffed Wildlife (+200): So now animal life is actually interesting. Alright. Also, pretty sure standing still will help most of the time.

~~~

Now, usually? I try to play by the rules of the setting – make it interesting, not break it too much, etc.

But this is Rust we are talking about. So, we are probably building a house and making it a vacation. because sometimes you just need one.

Thanks, you two. That's more out of Rust than I expected.
>>
>>45285835
There is information, but most of it is Japanese. The Elona+ quests are done up to probably 30 - 40% past Rehmido, and Rehmido explains a lot of the first arc. It's hard really to "explain" the lore in two sentences, since I don't know what would be relevant to >>45285790's jump, and the world is pretty freeform as it is.
>>
>>45285419
Are banhammers constant if you use your power, or do they just make a couple attempts each time you use powers, and go away if you evade them without powers?
>>
>>45286149
Constant if you use the power.
>>
>>45285149
Isn't there a way to give people in other worlds Semblances? If there is, over time a social jumper could amass quite the collection of powers.
>>
>>45286236

I think it's mentioned in the jump that you can give people aura after the jump ends.
>>
>>45286186
Use power once the first day = banhammers for ten years? Or do the banhammers rain down for a lesser duration?
>>
>>45286236
There is. You can awaken others' auras and give them the potential to develop a Semblance. And since you'll be helping them do it, you're guaranteed to have the closeness needed for Represent to apply.
>>
>>45286277
Banhammers for ten years.
>>
>>45286298
Honestly the only reason I didn't do that is because I didn't want to do the bookkeeping of coming up with all those damn Semblances.
>>
>>45286329
That feels like it makes Hacker pointless. You literally can never get any benefit from your powers without constantly being deluged by hammers, so why bother?
>>
File: ASblush.png (334 KB, 653x555) Image search: [Google]
ASblush.png
334 KB, 653x555
>>45285084
Drawbacks: Forever Naked, Buffed Wildlife (1300)

Naked

Rolled Snowey

Where Did It Go? (Free)
Swift (1200)
Function Over Form (1100)
Dig in your heels (1000)
Wall Hacks (500)
Aimbot (0)

Okay, so-to summarise. It's snowy, there's goddamn bears everywhere and for some reason we're naked. Well. Technically we're usually naked all the time while interacting with reality through a glorified finger puppet but. More naked than naked, we guess? People might catch visions of our true form while staring at the avatars?

There's only one ideal course of action: Make the island fly away from all this silliness. Get away from all these mad nudists murdering each other, and go on exciting flying island invaders-incidentally escaping the bears. Unless the drawback includes flying bears, somehow

Probably head far out over the sea, where we can go fishing or surf the wind or build a castle of ice and crystalised light and poison.

Alas, that far away from human settlements chances for the grand ol' group tradition of Throw Things At People Trying To Board Your Magnificent Flying Island are likely to be rare but memorable.

>>45284868
MMZ has Machine Elves. And of course, Pokemon has Fairy-types. Technically there's Discworld-but calling a Nac Mac Feegle a fairy is a good way to get your teeth kicked in, and the actual fairy-fairies are nonsentient and behave rather like wasps.

Personally? When we are surrounded by summoned fairies they're usually Wisps: Metaphysical extensions of our quasi-domesticated True Fae allies.

>>45285700
Isn't the robot god pretty chill? Well. As chill as someone who's clearly planning to take over the world with an army of cyborgs can be?
>>
>>45286341
Yeah, I get that. I feel that way about a lot of things that allow you to invent new powers.
>>
>>45286363
It's pretty much hard mode with hacks as your reward. If you can't handle the heat, kitchen, so on.
>>
>>45286236
The problem is that they're uselessly weak.
>>
>>45286389
Mani constantly whispers to you about how you should replace all of your body parts with machinery and how he wants to help you do that. He'll also ask for your soul at the end.

He also wants to bring about the robot revolution where androids and cyborgs conquer the world.
>>
>>45286456
So he thinks like a C'tan, basically. Honestly that sounds much less yandere than the others
>>
>>45286405
Yeah, but there's a big difference between "use your powers sparingly because you'll have to dodge hammers for a few hours each time you do," or "use your powers once and you're never going to be able to do anything but dodge again for the rest of the Jump."
>>
>>45286456
Sounds like my kind of guy, then. I mean, the "asking for my soul" part is kind of nasty, but when you get right down to it all gods do that. If I have to worship one, might as well be the one who aligns with my values.
>>
>>45286485
He has a pretty laidback personality, but he still wants you, in a sense.

>>45286488
Well hey, if you like the Terminator future I guess?
>>
>>45286487
This doesn't mean machine gun fire of hammers for ten years, it just happens enough to where it's a massive threat, and you get long enough breaks to drop your guard. You can still do things, just don't forget about the hammers.
>>
>>45286456
Well, he's a weirdo but I can't fault his taste in firearms. Mare's Legs are sexy.
>>
>>45286531
Mani is all about guns, so if you're willing to look passed his plans, you'd probably get along.
>>
>>45286485
They aren't as yandere as anon makes them out to be? Jure is actually more tsundere than yandere, and none of them really do anything if you turn heretic on them.
Opatos even just laughs it off, but Opatos kind of laughs at everything.
Ehekatl is a bit off the rocker, and acts like a little cat sister more than anything.
Yacatect is a bit too business minded to really take anything else that seriously.
Kumiromi and Lulwy can be a bit vicious, yes - but in the latter...well "Wind" isn't the best element in Elona. I don't remember ever running a character through Iztpalt cause of how retarded magic was in the early versions of the game.

You have to realize that they added the whole relationship dynamic because in later game, the Gods were valid companions. (The original Elona had less rewards and less dialogue for each god than Elona+ did) An Astral Light Pen isn't that hard to get, and copying the Gods was really more a matter of levels than it was a matter of the necessary prep for the ALP. In order to get the God to even show up outside of Wishscumming, it was easiest just to get in their good graces. Having a level 350 companion when you're only level 175 can be pretty neat...and all the other preparations can be met by the time you're level 30 or 40.
>>
>>45286622
I didn't say all of them were yandere, I said all of them are crazy for you. All of them are insane on some level and all of them get very into you at higher relationship values.

Also you do get a penalty for abandoning your god now. Not sure what version that was added.
>>
>>45285419

Naked [Free]
>perks:
Swift [100] Running all day long.
Tread Lightly [100] Nice. Even less effort needed to be sneaksy.
Unseen [200] Same, kinda?
A Bad Dream [400] Respawning is nice. So nice. Got three of these now, I think?
Wall hacks [500] Gimme. I needs it.
>items:
THE ROCK [Free] ...I dunno. I kinda like it. But then, I picked up the rock in Populous too. Wonder what I should enchant it with...
>drawbacks:
Civil War [+0] Entertainment!
Forever Naked [+100] ...Guess I'm not putting on pants anytime soon. New dresscode for the companions too.
Buffed Wildlife [+200] Bears. Bears everywhere!

So... naked on a beach. Getting CATastrophe flashbacks. Decidedly less bears there through.

Ah well. I know where everyone is. And no one knows where I am. Suits me fine.

I'll build a giant beach cabin/castle, put it under a Fidelius, and peace out for a nice relaxing vacation. Propably wrestle some bears when I feel like it.

Maybe take spirited walks around the island and throw my new rock at people to test it out...

Anyway, nice jump.
>>
>>45286658
The penalty is negligible. Got added in in version 1.4 or 1.3 I think. The impact to movement speed and luck actually helps your character out if you're doing an early trick grind like the Graveyard Run or the Seed Run. People don't actually see it so much of a penalty as a benefit.

That and since 1.4 made leveling so ridiculously easy, nowadays early God scumming is actually pretty great, especially if you go the Jure/Opatos route with the Little Sister skip.
>>
>>45285419
I feel like this should have some appearance perks. Since your appearance in the game is randomized, having some type of hack around that makes sense to me.
>>
>>45286778
Just saying, you do get punished, even if because of the game mechanics temporary stat drains are actually beneficial.

>Jure/Opatos route
>Abandoning my goddess, ever.
>>
ok so Im dumping my warhammer Imperium build

Warhammer 40k Imperium
Warehouse time 22
Macragge
80 years old female
Sister of battle 800
STC printer 0
shield of piety free
imperial creed -50
cleansing fire -200
Faith powers -500
penitent gear free
elite gear -750
Drawbacks: Marked -350
maximum grimdark 250
Terminator armor

KILL TEAM: Companions Sisters of Battle Silica and cassandra and 4 daemonettes (krista, Nessa, Nona, and Gwen) 400cp
Shield of piety free
cleansing fire 250
Imperial Creed 200
Technical training 100
martial training 0

so I think my best bet is to use jumper powers to bring the Emperor back and let him handle things for the most part, I plan on bringing some tech from other jumps in using the STC printer and helping the imperium. Maybe bring supreme commander tech in, I had originally thought to use Asuras wrath cyborg hindu godbody tech to give the imperium a boost but realized that is basically playing directly into chaos hands.

and yes I realize importing 4 daemonettes as sisters of battle is basically like trying to heard cats. Its going to be an interesting ride.
>>
>>45286843
I usually start with Jure/Opatos and end with Jure after going full loop to gather all the items and god bonuses. If I'm doing graveyard runs I'll usually toss it up between Jure and Yacatect. The graveyard run is pretty much the early gamebreaker.

Jure as a companion is ridiculous though, all that healing that you could never do yourself because no build ever favors magic.
>>
>>45286931
>Companions Sisters of Battle Silica and cassandra and 4 daemonettes

yes, this makes perfct sense in all ways forever
>>
>>45286937
Right? Much better than having to deal with the magic system yourself.

Been a long time since I played, though. 1.3 was the last and I don't think I ever got to the majority of the + content. Even with the guides floating around, I just can't get into it without better Japanese knowledge.
>>
>>45286990
Cant be possesed by daemonic forces if you already are a daemon right? Also they can praise the emperor in all KINDS of ways.
>>
>>45287001
Benefits of knowing Japanese :/. They've fixed a lot of the old localization issues though with the sublore and stuff in items, though a lot of the names and lore are still completely different for some items (probably due to a mix-up when they translated, I know it happened for one or two items.)

Nowadays I'd say that even if you didn't know Japanese, the English version can be ok up until the end of part 2, but there are NPCs you'll need to ignore and such.

Playing it in Japanese though, it makes it much more explicit that the designers didn't see a lot of the things like graveyard runs and whatnot as exploits and more just as "well congrats if you find it" kind of things. The difficulty spike in between part 1 and 2 and 3 probably justifies it, somewhat. As odd as it is, most of the story comes from part 2 and not part 1.

The way the jump is set up, you benefit a lot from knowing a lot of these tricks in the original game though. I know Mir and I had discussed before about how that companion mechanic in jump would be amazing given what companions you can get in game.
>>
>>45287175
I managed to pick up a lot of the story that was mangled, removed, or untranslated in the English from hanging out in communities back when I was playing the game. I'm a huge lore sponge with everything I play.

I've forgotten most of the tricks and exploits by now, though, so I put Elona on my list of jumps where I'll need to update my plans when I've gone back and fiddled with the game again.

I really need to throw myself back into the language when I have the time.
>>
>>45287355
Honestly Elona probably isn't the best place if your level of Japanese isn't reaching the point where you can read short novels. It's one of the "simpler" games admittedly compared to something like a nasu VN, but there's a lot of "misguiding" text in there as well.

I'm honestly pretty glad they removed the whole name mechanic from Living Weapons. That was a fucking pain to figure out when it first came out, and I had to go to wikiwiki a shitton just to see what other people from the Japanese community had actually figured out about it.

Overall I think 1.5 is a pretty stable version to play. Magic is slightly feasible nowadays, moreso than it was in the past anyways, and even without early graveyard runs, it's not that hard anymore to get on good footing. They basically shifted the difficulty from Part 1 over to Part 2
>>
Ok so, random question.

Apparently the sharingan can store jutsu, and pass them over to another person if the eye is transplanted. Is this actually a thing?

how about magenkyu-only gimmicks? stealing a magenkyu eye, then exchanging it with another, like getting both Kamui, amaterasu and shisui's hypnosis even if I evolve to magenkyu later afterwards?
>>
>>45288225
>Wanting edgy eyes
>>
>>45288225
That's a thing, yes. It shows up multiple times, and can copy Mangekyo abilities. Someone with the Mangekyo can even store Mangekyo abilities in a normal Sharingan However, it's a one time use thing. The sealing stores a single casting of that jutsu, once it's used the eye goes back to whatever abilities it originally had. So you can't use that to get all of the Mangekyo powers. Not unless you have someone else holding onto those eyes to recharge yours after every use.
>>
I know people get annoyed about anons asking for the progress on jumps, so I checked the archive and the last time this was asked was the second, and Somefaggit hasn't mentioned it since the sixteenth of last month.

How's the Grrl Power jump going? Any progress?
>>
>>45279039
>Naruto: Chakra
>Jo Jo: Stands/Arrowheads
>Star Wars: The Force
>The Sims: Magic/Potions
>Worm: Cauldron Vials
>Bloody Roar: Zoanthroap Awakening
>The Last Airbender: Bending/Bending Scroll
>Iji: Nanites/Nanomaster
>>
>>45279039

Powers you can give or teach

naruto chakra,
D&d magic,
bleach,
Jojos bizaar adventure arrowhead
Power armor from mcu genius line
Starwars force powers
Animorphs morphing cube
Sims has potions that can make you a witch
fullmetal alchemist alchemy with difficulty
Worm cauldron viles
Archive magic from faerie tail to download stuff into people
Geneforge
Raildex esper powers if you take hard science
Blue magic from ff8
Any job you have from ff tactics advance
Psionics-[X-com]
Gene-Mods-[X-com]
Brutes-[Killing Bites]
Zoanthropes-[Bloody Roar]
Super Soldier serum-[MCU]
Extremis-[MCU]
Vortessence (Half-Life)
Hamon (JoJo)
Spin (JoJo)
Plasmids/Gene Tonics (Bioshock)
Bending (Avatar)
Biotics (Mass Effect) Hypothetically, if you had enough SCIENCE! perks.
Ensould from card captor sakura
Terra formars mosaic organs
Harry potter magic can be given via genemods
Bioshok infinite vigors
Changeling the lost has contracts with nature
Dress Spheres from FFX
Pyromancy flames from dark souls
Primal Terror from Percy Jackson grants monstrous/divine power
Wishes from Viking Saga grants power at a price
Better Man from FrankenFran is a general posthuman power granting perk
Hellsing can make vampires
Darkstalkers echidna
Infectious bite from van hellsing
Gourmet cells from toriko
Lords of light master of karma
glyphs from thief
Resident evil viruses
>>
>>45288413
Currently trying to force myself to finish the writeup for 24 or so powers in grrl power.

Also I did mention this at most a week ago but i didn't say grrl power in the post.
>>
>>45279039
You can get a book in Magicka that lets you teach other people how to use their style of magic, and there's another that lets you make tomes to teach the Magicks, which are the special spell effects.
>>45288872
Mentions sims with the witch potion, but they can also make a potion to turn you into a Genie. You can't grant wishes but you can banish people to a random part of town, mind control people, clean an entire lot of land, and create large servings of incredibly well prepared food by raising your hand above your head.
>>
>>45288941
Huh. I did a search just for your username and it didn't bring up any posts that looked like you were talking about it. Must have missed it.

Looking forwards to it, that's a good selection of abilities.
>>
>>45288971
Oh yeah, part of the issue is actually making it so you arent quite as good as the main cast from any power alone, since they are several times mentioned to be anomalies, but in compensation you can get multiple powers. Even then though you could more give hiro and stalwart a fight rather than maxima.
>>
>>45288872
You can probably teach Evermore Alchemy as well. I mean, the MC learns it and he's a preteen.
>>
>>45289112
I'm stoked about the aesthetic perks, but stacking powers sounds pretty G too.
>>
>>45289166
You are good people of excellent taste anon.
>>
So, how exactly do people see you? Are you someone they look up to? Someone they fear? How do you generally come to get that reputation? What are your general motivations for doing so?
>>
>>45289112
I forget, were you looking at having a Harem style multiple bodies power?
>>
>>45289224
My vanity cannot be slaked, good faggit. I'm excited to see what you can do for me.
>>
>>45289289
Currently debating between bodily projections with base "human" stats that can be upped and actual bodily duplication with all that entails.

If it is actual bodily duplication then you will not inherently have harems good deal of quantum entangled brains that keep the same personality but think 5 different ways, because in terms of jumpers that ability is just too strong and offers too much.

I think it is like 1300 to get as close to harems powers as possible in my current setup, and even then its not quite as good.
>>
File: gg_light2342t85829.jpg (67 KB, 473x351) Image search: [Google]
gg_light2342t85829.jpg
67 KB, 473x351
So, how morally problematic is it to uplift and or enhance a segment of the population absent their consent?

Say you're in a low powered jump and, I dunno, you're in a mood and just sorta curious what'd happen if you turned X percent of the population into super powered pseudo gods.

Would it /necessarily/ be wrong to change them without their say so? Would you do it anyway? Have you done something like that?

What have you done in the name of science and entertainment, jumpers.
>>
File: argonian master race.gif (961 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
argonian master race.gif
961 KB, 500x434
>>45289284
>how do people see you?

I have been called an Overpowered Mary Sue in at least five different settings. Elan himself referred to my interfering with Azure City as a Deus Ex Machina.

And I'm not even a hundred Jumps in. I'm starting to think maybe hiding my powerlevel is a good idea. People who aren't my Companions generally don't seem to like me very much. Except the Sekirei, but that was an entirely different issue and I can never go back there.

>>45289580
It's probably an Evil act, but not enough by itself for an alignment shift unless something goes HORRIBLY wrong.
>>
>>45289580
I would say it's not wrong, but I'm also really not someone you should be basing your morality on.

The inevitable mass deaths and extreme abuse of powers that comes after is on you, though.
>>
>>45289580

I'd say it depends on what the impact will be.

I give out low/non-powered stuff like candy, since I know it won't cause any big disruption - any jump with japan in it gets to have catgirls, for instance.

In a jump like castlevania, yeah, I'll create holy supersoldiers to balance things out, but I leave them with a few rules to follow. That's a good thing.

But going full wizard and leaving 5000 magical shotguns just lying around for anyone to pick up is definitely evil, I'd say.
>>
>>45289530
That's a good point. I think it would be better for it to be duplication, but maybe you have to divide your power up between your bodies? Sort of like how she is actually stronger the fewer bodies she has out.

I think the connected brains would be good if you go with the duplicates only having your base (or maybe bodymod) body?

Basically I think it should be actual multi-body, however you decide to balance it.
>>
>>45289112
Sounds like garbage. Swiss army shit is worthless.
>>
>>45289580
Jesus, that comic has a horribly ugly artstyle.
>>
>>45289827
supers are already 1 in a million, and the main cast are basically another 1 in a thousand on top of that.

Stalwart can have the mass of a space shuttle collected in his damn foot.

It is not bullshit, you will be stronger than 99.9999% of the populace, and in the top half of the supers, how is this bad?
>>
>>45289840
It grows on you.
>>
>>45289901
Not that anon, but eh, I personally prefer being able to buy you way to the top-tier unless the top-tier is just outright stupidly OP.

Of course, your jump, your choice, so whatever.
>>
>>45289901
Who cares about the irrelevant non-cast? You could go to Harry Potter and you're stronger than 99% of people everywhere. Doesn't keep you from getting magic because of that.
>>
>>45289580
In my YouTube jump I released a virus that effected .01% of the population, then used my YT channel to track the results and posit / debunk conspiracies about it.

The virus more or less turned people into 9' tall Asgardian expy's. I also included some low level powers, anime'esq pastel aesthetics, and a chance of behavior modification mostly focusing on increased tribal tendencies.

That was a fun jump. You should give it a go.
>>
>>45289941
Except, in this world, it is stupidly op. Unless the whole setting gets changed later on, the way things are now, being that strong would make no sense for the jump.
>>
>>45289956
>and a chance of behavior modification mostly focusing on increased tribal tendencies
You sound like a dick.
>>
>>45289953
From what he's saying you'll still be in the upper tier of superhumans. You just won't be the very strongest.
>>
>>45289953
You would still be stronger than 60-80% of the main cast. Just because I am not making you maxima does not mean I am making you weak.
>>
>>45290014
Again, you'll be stronger than the irrelevant people that no one cares about.

>>45290016
>60%
Wow, not even over the bellcurve.
>>
>>45288281
Not wanting to pull a danzo.
>>
>>45289990
Oh come on, do you know how many times I've saved the world and wiped out plagues? A little vacation wasn't out of the question, and I improved the genetic stock of humankind.

I'm not saying it was morally good or even morally neutral, but it wasn't so bad.
>>
>>45290033
Danzo is probably the biggest cunt in the setting.
>>
>>45289987
How stupidly OP? Mind giving examples of what the main cast can do?

And honestly it doesn't need to make sense. You're being handed power by a bored omnipotent, not someone who cares about narrative preservation. It doesn't make sense for you to be a broken Half-Demon in TT, but you can.
It doesn't make sense for you to be a Jinchuriki with a Rinnegan and wood release, but you can. Etc.
>>
>>45290024
So do you go to DC and complain about how Superman's stronger than you?
>>
>>45290016
You should probably stop responding to >>45290024, he said he's got his preferences. You've stated your design choice and rationale. Just leave it be, m80.
>>
>>45290016
There's a certain kind of person who will whine and bitch unless they're able to kick the asses of every person in the setting from day one. They'll never be satisfied with anything else.
>>
>>45290071
DC is a pretty poorly done jump honestly. You're not even 'stronger than mos supers' there, you're weaker than every powered super. Problems of early jump making.
>>
>>45290042
Just because you've saved the world doesn't mean you're not a dick. Hell, most examples provide a reasonable argument that the opposite is true.
>>
>>45289956
Define "low level". If I did that, I would make sure they're easily capable of defending themselves from modern armies (barring things like nukes). Probably my dislike of government, but still.

I should do that sometime.
>>
>>45290091
>From day one
>Anon thinks you can get stronger in these kinds of settings.
>>
>>45290024
Considering Maxima is the settings equivalent of Superman, yeah, I don't expect to buy up to her level. The only other beings on her level seen so far are a guy that gets stronger the more violence there is and set up a giant superhuman brawl, and... Actually that's pretty much it. Dabbler has a lot of versatility though, and may have incredible power too, but aside from that I'd assume you'd fit right in with purchases alone.
>>
>>45290122
You'll be weak and irrelevant compared to the main cast. Being shunted to a powerless side character is hardly a fun time.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.