[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Khorne Worship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 25
File: Bloodletter_Daemon.jpg (505 KB, 606x974) Image search: [Google]
Bloodletter_Daemon.jpg
505 KB, 606x974
The Fluff sometimes says:

>"Khorne cares not from where the blood flows"

Then again,there are some older texts about Khorne being really serious about honor.

What is /tg/'s opinion about this? How do you prefer your Cultists of the Blood-God?

Insane Murderers that just kill to keep the blood flowing? Or Warriors that only seek a good fight with a skilled opponent?

Can you imagine a Chaos-Warrior that spares a unarmed civilian, or even a wounded enemy?

Lets discuss.
>>
>>45271064
>What is /tg/'s opinion about this? How do you prefer your Cultists of the Blood-God?
>Insane Murderers that just kill to keep the blood flowing? Or Warriors that only seek a good fight with a skilled opponent?
>Can you imagine a Chaos-Warrior that spares a unarmed civilian, or even a wounded enemy?

Yes.
>>
File: 1430580169898.jpg (446 KB, 737x652) Image search: [Google]
1430580169898.jpg
446 KB, 737x652
also, lets post chaos related artworks.

>>45271100
I see what you did there.
>>
>>45271064
Honorable warrior god Khorne is more interesting than being just a generic murder deity. Plus it makes more sense with the hatred towards sorcery. If Khorne cares not where the blood flows, why get concerned over what methods are used? It's a piece of fluff that only really makes sense if we're going with the interpretation of Khorne valuing honor.
>>
>>45271141
Seriously though, all equally apply to WORSHIPPERS, so long as you understand that Khorne is a slavering mad dog force of nature, and anyone who tries to cling to honor in his service will slowly have that honor stripped away. Chaos is ultimately corruptive. You can have a few exemplar individuals who maintain standards by sheer force of will, but if you need to see what Khorne worship ultimately does to you look no further than fucking Kharne - who used to be the calm, long suffering straight man

>>45271208
He hates it because it's someone else's domain. Sorcery is Tzeentch, so if sorcery is used that means Khorne has to share the glorification and power.
>>
I for one like them following a careful code that says "don't kill anything that can't kill you". Violating this code results in Khorne your skull instead

>>45271286
>He hates it because it's someone else's domain.
ALL sorcery? I thought followers of Nurgle and Slaanesh had magicks of their own.
>>
File: CinderColored.png (1 MB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
CinderColored.png
1 MB, 750x1000
>>45271286
>>45271429
It's more that Khorne doesn't think sorcery is honorable, except when used in forging stuff. They're all mind tricks and cheats when used in combat. No honorable warrior would rely on them during a fight, that sort of thing.
>>
>>45271286
Why does Nurgle use sorcerers then? He should be more opposed than Khorne, given that he's actually Tzeentch's rival.
>>
I once played a feral worlder warlord type who despised ranged weaponry as the weapon of those who didn't want to stare their enemies in the face when they killed them
He was great, he loudly declared challenges against nasty looking opponents and sometimes they even accepted
He didn't get many skulls though, he challenged a marine eventually and since he went single combat, he didn't survive the third combat phase
>>
>>45271286
>He hates it because it's someone else's domain. Sorcery is Tzeentch, so if sorcery is used that means Khorne has to share the glorification and power.
Then howcome all the other chaos gods don't abhor sorcery, just Khorne... and Khorne isn't even Tzeench's natural enemy, that's Nurgle.

Maybe, just maybe, the chaos gods are based off the fundamental emotional archetypes (read the four humors/four ninja turtles etc...) and in a world that's shit, they being a reflection of that world, reflect that shit.
>>
>>45271452
Because tzeentch isn't a god of sorcery, magic is just a very major influence for his worshippers.

It just goes back to fantasy battle stuff, where magic was a very different thing. All the gods had their own sort of specialized magic, except for khorne. Nurgle had his plague style rot magic, Slannesh her glorious slaaneshi stuff, tzeentch his mutating weird changing magic.
>>
My interpretation is that both are true: in the 40krpg games I run, the general cultists take the approach of "all blood is good blood". However, the khornate chosen, senior marines, and so on take the more honorable approach, as they care only for the blood and skulls of those who can match them in combat.
>>
>>45271286
Pretty much this. I can't really see Characters involved with Khorne keeping their sanity and sense of honor for too long. Maybe the first couple of months/years, but ultimately, they'll get reduced to bloodthirsty murderboners with no sense of right and wrong, but only to establish a thick stream of blood whereever they walk.

>>45271452
Maybe he just uses his special, fucked-up kind of Sorcery that does not fall under Tzeentchs domain? Like.. we're breeding drug resistant sicknesses within our HOSPITALS! Yay!
>>
>>45271450
Not even to make yourself better at fighting?
>>
File: best bloodletters.jpg (479 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
best bloodletters.jpg
479 KB, 1280x640
>>45271064

The exact nature of Khorne depends on the nature of the perceiver: to a warrior stemming from a martial culture Khorne is a deity who is serious about honour, whereas to a deranged cultist who's favorite hobby is to sit naked in a pool of gasoline playing with matches Khorne is little more than a voice in the head telling him to kill puppies.

Also what edition has the best looking bloodletters in your opinion? I've always found the newest to look ridiculous with their tongues dangling out as if they're trying to impress the daemonettes into some DATY.
>>
>>45271762
>>45271286
>>45271064
Honestly I prefer Khornates as warriors of honor, if only because Chaos isn't supposed to be pure evil. Turning the forces of Chaos into total gibbering madness and retarded evil is just dumb, when its supposed to just represent the extremes of the psyche.

I like the idea of warriors of Khorn just going around looking for the strongest fight, the next step in evolution, to be the greatest will.

Extremely powerful Khornate realizes he wins all his fights too easy, falls into depression.
>>
>>45271776
Nope. You earn every bit of strength on your own. The only acceptable time is if you need a new weapon or magic to get you to the fight in the first place.
>>
>>45271851
>Extremely powerful Khornate realizes he wins all his fights too easy
Then they look at the big dude on the throne of skulls and say "hey, maybe that guy is good at fighting!"
>>
>>45271064
both, bloodcrushers and bloodletters have been known to use guile to further the bloodshed. kharn had a conversation with azeral before they started fighting
>>
File: 1430777548837.png (2 MB, 1137x837) Image search: [Google]
1430777548837.png
2 MB, 1137x837
>>45271064
I like it when the Chaos Gods do have some redeemable qualities. Nurgle has acceptance and possibly humility, Tzeentch is ambition, change and even hope, Slaanesh is sensation, without which life has no meaning, and Khorne? Khorne might have martial honour and prowess.

However once you start walking their path, these positive qualities wash away as the true horror of the Chaos Gods come to the fore.

Khorne doesn't truly care about honour, and using your martial prowess to protect what is right. He cares about murder. About blood, and skulls, and the burning of piles of headless corpses.

To gain his favour, Khorne demands you seek to appease his great and eternal bloodlust.

In moderation, the emotions the Chaos Gods embody can be acceptable, tolerable, even admirable. But once that thin veneer is removed?

There is nothing but the hungry, insatiable demands of demented Gods.
>>
>>45271974
And then said Khornate gets beaten up by a bald man on a small Imperial world in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>45272066

Maybe there's a way to walk their path and not be a massive asshole and loss track of what matters, but the vast majroity of humans haven't.

Solitaires appear to walk the path of Slaneeth in some manner and not be completely damned, interacting nicely with the other Eldar factions.
>>
>>45272066
>khorne berserkers run like naruto to go faster
>>
>>45272140
I had a player try and play a reasonable Khornate Space Marine.

It was fucking horrible, the entire group hated it.
Not that it was a character that just didn't mesh with the group, it was a fucking horrible character.
>>
>>45271899

So Khorne sorcerers isn't actually lore-breaking, but they're sort who'd forge a demonic axe, summon up a portal or guide a warp-ship to where they want to go, and then grab their axe and charge into the fray alongside the rest of their band, their powers unused on the battlefield itself?
>>
>>45271669
>cultists take the approach of "all blood is good blood"
>However, the khornate chosen, senior marines, and so on take the more honorable approach
isn't that the exact opposite of what we know about Khorne, though
>>
>>45272262
Correct. There's examples of this in the Tome of Blood when they're talking about Forge Daemons and the like.
>>
>>45272262
Khornate Sorcerers aren't.
Khornate Psykers are.

All a Sorcerer is really, is someone who's made bargains and who knows how to perform Occult rituals. Most rituals aren't exactly combat-applicable, they're support powers.
>>
>>45272301

A Psyker's just someone who happened to be born with Psychic potential and have it awaken. I'd argue that a Khornate psyker is actually more likely then a Khornate sourcerer, as there's less need to study rituals; but the end result would be the same. Guidance though the warp and finding an enemy to fight with the powers, then on the battlefield itself they'd grab their chainaxe and charge.
>>
it is also mentioned that the chaos gods are fickle and will punish/reward their champions depending on their current mood
>>
>>45272379
Khorne hates Psykers, he would flat up give you no power, and his Demons would kill you the moment they figured out what you are.

This is represented in the Black Crusade RPG by Psykers losing all of their powers for the duration of their alignment to Khorne.
>>
File: Dragonchoice2.jpg (274 KB, 1280x600) Image search: [Google]
Dragonchoice2.jpg
274 KB, 1280x600
The best way to do a sane khornite is to abandon all delusions of control and become enlightened about the nature of the 40k universe.

But then, tell me, child of man... what does it mean to live in truth? To wage war against the passing days? To pray to the unseen for a few breaths more? To raise grand cities from stone, and spawn new life in turn? Mankind has done this, yes, and more. But is the tapestry you weave truly of your own design?
>>
File: bestest bloodletters.png (2 MB, 1023x734) Image search: [Google]
bestest bloodletters.png
2 MB, 1023x734
>>45271788
They're all pretty sweet though. Good ol' Chaos is where it's at.

I just love how strange and bendy the originals look; like they're all muscle like a snake.
>>
>>45271974
>>
>>45273547
How did that go?
>>
>>45273580
Considering Khorne was still alive,and this was last mention of Arbaal,this went predictable.
Or Arbaal proved that he really is Undefeated,killed Khorne and took his rightful place as a god of war.
But I doubt it
>>
>>45271064
>How do you prefer your Cultists of the Blood-God?
With every possible aspect, with its warriors and daemons acting in ways useful to the narrative.
The mad blood maniacs aspect of khorne is more genuine and prevalent but a side of thoughts put on the bloodshed is nice to see.
>>
>>45273628

Arbaal proved to not be undefeated in the End Times.
>>
>>45274795
Skarbrand?
>>
>>45271064
Blame flanderization.

On the other hand it's fun to see when the reverse happens like in case of Kharn.

Started in his very first appearance as THE most batshit Khornate Berserker, Kharn became less nutball and crazy with every new edition. It helps that he was a coolheaded dude to Angron before the Horus Heresy started.

On the other hand there are some small things in novels and stuff where there are some Khornates in 40K that are serious about the whole honor thing.
>>
>>45271851
I too want to have Chaos as a thing that is a mass of all emotions, not just negative ones.

Let the Chaos Gods be like they are currently, but at least give them back some positive stuff about them due to the positive emotions they still have in them.
>>
File: 1406069759636.jpg (814 KB, 1294x728) Image search: [Google]
1406069759636.jpg
814 KB, 1294x728
Everyone should know by now that it's not Khorne himself who decides how specifically he's worshipped beyond those loose tenants given.

A tribal people will worship Khorne in a far different sense than a hive gang would. For the former, combat may be ritual, the death may be an honor, the blood shed might be necessary for some greater purpose. For the later, it would probably be an extension of hive gang rivalries, and brutal massacres of other gangs would be what they'd focus on, not honorable one-on-one combat. A Khornate Traitor Guard regiment would focus on bloodshed and battle as an extension of their former martial discipline, possibly rank being decided more by kills than position in the hierarchy.

It's sort of like how Tzeentch cults can be political schemers, bored nobles, or information-hungry ex-librarians. Do you really think that Khorne is so one-note all his cults would be the exact same? I thought they'd been focusing on this with the Daemonkin and the Crimson Slaughter recently.
>>
>>45271064
>Then again,there are some older texts about Khorne being really serious about honor.
No it fucking doesn't, and this rumor needs to die. The first appearance of Khorne was him as a murderhobo bloodlusting asshole. Khorne has never been a god who cared about honor beyond banning cowardly magic.
>>
>>45271064
>there are some older texts about Khorne being really serious about honor.

There's exactly one, 2nd edition Renegades book for Epic 40k. Everything else I've ever seen has just talked about how some of his followers prefer honor, but that Khorne doesn't give a fuck, as long as blood flows.
>>
Khorne cares not from where the blood flows. Except he doesn't like you using magic, because its cowardly, and he likes bigger skulls more than smaller skulls, so he preferd people fight stronger opponents.

He doesn't have a strict code of honor, but he does have a preference that can be gleaned, which is more than enough to base a warband around.

Chaos doesn't always devolve into drooling retardation.
>>
They are gods of chaos. Trying to pin them down with rules and logic is just stupid.
>>
>>45271064
Depending on how I need my Khornates to act in my RPGs really. I'm sure they come in every flavor unless they're the kill-everything daemons or Kharn
>>
>>45272066
I mean Khrone is supposed to be the representation of justice since he'll never trick or stab you in the back.
>>
>>45271064
Khorne doesn't care where the blood flows from, just as long as it flows. But he prefers honourable fighters because they tend to become stronger (no using poisons and shit means ya gotta be good) so they kill more and benefit his forces more.

He wants blood to flow because it benefits him, don't forget that. Just like every other Chaos God, he wants to achieve total dominance over everything.
>>
File: 007.jpg (721 KB, 1137x1570) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
721 KB, 1137x1570
>>45274988
>Started in his very first appearance as THE most batshit Khornate Berserker, Kharn became less nutball and crazy with every new edition.

It was pretty much entirely BL. His codex fluff never really changed, always saying that even during the Great Crusade he was known as a "brilliant but unstable warrior" (or in one case "bloodthirsty and unstable"). The only notable departure from this was the latest one which omitted the "unstable" bit, either in acknowledgement of his novel characterisation or just random omission.
>that story in the 4th edition codex where a squad of World Eaters are taking cover from artillery, carefully timing the moment of their breakout, then Khârn just comes and kills them all

>>45276782
There was also Realm of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned here:
>Indeed, no Chaos Power is wholly one sided, for no human or other creature is wholly good or evil, and likewise neither are their shadow-selves. For example, along with violence and bloodshed Khorne has inherited the warrior’s sense of honour and martial virtue.

However, the first Realm of Chaos book, the one that actually focused on Khorne, had him as just "KILL FUCKING EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY YOUR ALLIES, FOLLOWERS OF KHORNE HAVE NO FRIENDS" which is of course the predominant depiction.

>++ Commander. They beg for mercy -
>++ Mercy! Oh Lord Khorne, truly have you led us to a land overflowing with blood and skulls! Give them the mercy of death.

>>45278123
Bloodletters are described as doing just that actually:
>Whilst Bloodletters are not the subtlest of creatures, they are not above subterfuge if it will lead to an even greater tally of skulls to offer the Blood God. However, where another Daemon may flatter and ensnare a mortal victim to torture them in perpetuity, a Bloodletter only ever resorts to persuasion or lies in order to stab a foe in the back.
>>
>>45272066
So what happens to the daemons after the CSM win the fight?
Do they instantly teleport back to the fight or do they give them a lift in their chaos battlebarge and be bunk buddies till they reach the next battle?
>>
>>45271064
I always considered murder of innocent as nice, but overall boring present, like giving someone cheap candy bar. That's why champions of Khorne seeks for powerful things to kill, to be noticed by their patron. If they do it honorable way, it's even better.
>>
>>45278838
I always figured they turn on themselves, the Daemons that is, and fight until they're all dead but one, which then ports back. Seems like it'd fit Khornes approach.

Or maybe the CSM Champion has to fight the last surviving daemon to decide if hes still worthy
>>
>>45278976
I like to imagine that the slaneesh daemonettes sometimes like to mess with their cultists by acting like total sluts and showing off but suddenly teleporting away and blueballing everyone just as the battle ends and the preemptive orgy boner gets stiff.
>>
>>45279015
Can Slaaneshi CSM even get boners? Is that the gift they get? A working dick?
>>
>>45278123
that's not justice at all
>>
>>45271450
>trickery in combat is bad
>what are feints
>>
File: 031.jpg (841 KB, 1147x1557) Image search: [Google]
031.jpg
841 KB, 1147x1557
>>45279015
Maybe they'll take one lucky(?) guy with them though.

>If any Daemonettes survive their mission they will demand that the summoner sacrifices one of his company to Slaanesh before they will depart peacefully.
>>
>>45273547
>the Destroyer of Khorne
>hasn't fought Khorne yet
Hmm.
>>
>>45279149
What if the last daemonette gets held against her will?
>>
>>45279149
Something I've never understood. Why do Daemonettes have crab claws? Wouldn't whips or something be more fitting?
>>
>>45279265
Probably makes them a little too Dark Elf-y. Harder to seduce people when you're cracking a whip.
>>
>>45279310
>Harder to seduce people when you're cracking a whip.

Does not compute.
>>
>>45279265
Because Slaanesh is big on perversion and getting slowly weirder with yer fetishes and theres few things weirder than a hermaphrodite with a 28" tongue, birds feet and crab claws, especially when you compare it to the ''missionary position for the purposes of reproduction'' Imperium
>>
>>45271064
I believe this to be an excellent case of disparaging theology in Chaos worship
I personally interpret it to mean that violence, no matter the initiate or recipient is worthy of Khorne, rather than any who bleed worship Khorne, lest you get things like the menstrators warband
>>
>>45279353
Well, if that's your fetish. But in a lot of cases it'd be an awkward turn off, where at least crab claws might not be so bad. Whips have an entire implication of how the entire night would go, which may not be pleasant for most people.

>>45279369
And this.
>>
File: AES.png (1002 KB, 1468x440) Image search: [Google]
AES.png
1002 KB, 1468x440
What's the difference between Khaine and Khorne? Both of them lead to the same mindless bloodletting if you embraced them both.
>>
>>45279437
>Whips would be too weird

>>45279369
>Slaanesh is supposed to be over the top weird

Right, glad we cleared that up.
>>
>>45279444
I always felt Khaine may be simply another form of Khorne, perhaps his ''honour and justice'' side. Hes harsh, bloodthirsty and vicious but he doesn't exactly encourage use of poisons and such, nor psykers, and hes very much about following deals through to the very letter of the law.

But then Im not really a 40k fan so I may be entirely wrong.
>>
>>45279496
As the ''Over-the top Weird'' guy, Im gonna say I dont agree with the anti-whips guy.

I kinda assume whips are meant to be covered by the long-ass tongues since Slaanesg strikes me as someone that prefers organic utensils to hand held tools.

Claws could be a thing like people putting clothes pegs on their nipples too. Like they come with that shit built in...
>>
>>45279561
I don't mean them just holding whips. They'd probably be weird thin tentacle arms or something instead.

It's mainly just that crab claws don't seem very fitting for what they are.

The only way I can think of it is that lobsters are expensive and that could tie into excess, but that feels like a stretch.
>>
>>45279561
As the anti-whips guy, I'm going to repeat that part of the problem is that whips present an entirely different picture.

A good way to corrupt people would to to convince them to try normal stuff with a weird girl, and then slowly up how crazy things got as it went on. But they're not even going to try normal stuff if you're cracking the whip up front. A lot of people, dare I say most, aren't turned on by pain, and even Slaaneshi worshippers might have to work up to it.
>>
>>45271064

depends of a cultist I guess. Some will butcher anything including prelonged torture others will scar themselves and spare innocents
>>
>>45279609
Okay, but how do crab claws play into that? I mean, if I ain't into whips because they might hurt, surely crab claws are pretty fucking scary too?

>>45279601
Its entirely possible I guess. I dunno, I feel like it might be multi-faceted, taking this into account.

Like they're not just nipple clamps but also reminiscent of lobsters?

Or maybe its just that whips make shitty weapons?
>>
>>45279662
Crab claws may not necessarily factor into the sex, just like the long tongues or bird feet. Doesn't have to get touchy-feely or clampy just yet.
>>
>>45272262
and hating enemies to death can be finer as long as you are up front about your intent. Nothing complicated, just channeling your rage until some people catch on fire.
>>
>>45279662
>whips make shitty weapon

I don't think realism is a good factor. After all, they could always fluff them as mono-molecular edge whips or something like that.

>>45279693
>long tongues
>not necessarily factor into the sex

U wot m8?
>>
>>45279693
Yeah, Im guessing it might have to do with being ''physically perfect''.

Like the bird feet let them be faster, the claws are great weapons for dealing with the tin cans they encounter on the battlefield. Im sure I've read about them cutting into troop transports at least once.

>>45279723
I guess but Slaanesh is meant to have an element of perfection involved.

Being a perfectionist and using a medicore weapon doesn't entirely jive unless you're trying to challenge yourself.
>>
>>45279754
Crab claws aren't exactly the ultimate in weapon design either. If anything whips fit more for requiring more skill to use effectively.
>>
>>45279792
So is this just a case of GW fucking up their own fluff? Or am I missing something here?
>>
File: 1441434077426.png (198 KB, 573x462) Image search: [Google]
1441434077426.png
198 KB, 573x462
>>45279723
I'm just saying, with basic penis in vagina sex, you can leave anything oral out of it.

Though all this does assume the Daemonettes let their victims take charge and don't just seduce them into crazy shit. Where still, the whips don't work if you're trying to be seductive to the largest body of 'b-but that's not Emperor-mandated!' people.
>>
Khorne had the shootiest warmachines in Epic.

He's no issues at all with his followers maiming the fuck out of hundreds of enemy soldiers with big fucking explosives then grinding their bodies into paste under their treads when they advance.

I like Khorne being multifaceted myself. The psychopath who butchers a bunch of school kids is just as valued as the soldier who bayoneted the wounded and the noble who goes out of his way to only kill the most skilled opponents.
>>
>>45279810
I think its just some guys autism flaring up a bit.
>>
>>45279810
I always thought it was more like the crab claws and demonic feet were a representation of what slaanesh worship does to your soul. It turns you twisted and vile on the inside.
A daemonette just expresses it outwardly.
>>
>>45279865
Eh. More curiosity. Discussion of Khorne died down, discussion of Slaanesh flared up and I got curious.

Trying to get into an authors head is useful for me as a DM I find. If I can understand where the inspiration comes from or the logic lays, I can possibly improve my own abilities.

>>45279876
That would make some sense alright. Does Slaanesh have other envoys to go and spread the word? Most art Ive seen of his crew is pretty fucked up so its hard to imagine they can convince people on the fence very easily...
>>
>>45279935
I would suppose slaanesh would pick a desperate bloke and turn him outwardly into This Guy. then the chosen person starts doing a little degenerate stuff here and there, and soon you have a nice slaaneshi cult
>>
>>45279056
Yea. Rape is explicitly mentioned in regards to slaanesh csm. Space Marines in general have their dicks and their dicks work.
>>
>>45280322
can you provide a sauce?
>>
File: 63.jpg (603 KB, 1197x1673) Image search: [Google]
63.jpg
603 KB, 1197x1673
>>45279265
STD joke? I dunno.
>>
>>45280336
No,I'm in bed and I'm tired :(

I do know during the original battle for holy Terra short story the ECs engaging in a spree of murder rape and drugs is mentioned

There is also a HH book where some chick.comments on space.marine dongs.
>>
>>45280453
>space marine dongs
they were shrivelled up right?
>>
>>45280476
No. She said they were large and she regretted they had no interest in women.
>>
>>45280505
>body if filled to the brim with hormones
>dicks grow larger.
Can regular people even compete?
>>
>>45280526
No, though truth be told it would be like getting fucked by a freight train with a salami strapped to it. Not every woman would enjoy that kind.of thing
>>
>>45279157
As in Destroyer (in the service) of Khrone, Anon.
>>
>>45279444
Khaine is more a wargod in the Old Greek Gods sense, in that he still had his own ideas, feelings and personality and wasn't merely killing shit all the time.
Yes pretty much all his fluff is him committing acts of violence, but it was always violence for a REASON, unlike Khorne "cares not from whence the blood flows"
Khaine hears that mortals will one day kill him, so he goes down to kill them all first, it's killing but for a reason
Indeed, there have been times when Khaine had to be forced to get off his ass and commit violent acts, such as when that one Goddess wanted someone to cut her so she could drink her own blood, and Khaine refused until she gave him access to her banshees.
>>
>>45271064
I prefer to think of it like this. Khorne likes any and all blood spilt, but prefers to see the blood of warriors spilt than civilians. Killing one warrior in honorable combat is worth killing ten civilians.
>>
File: Fat controller you are wrong.png (234 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Fat controller you are wrong.png
234 KB, 500x400
>The Fluff sometimes says:

>"Suffer not the Xeno to live"

>Then again,there are some older texts about Eldar having children with space marines and the Imperium apparently being cool with this

>What is /tg/'s opinion about this? How do you prefer your Imperium?

>Insane Murderers that just kill every alien outright? Or caring, sensitive souls who believe love can bloom on the battlefield?

The honorable Khorne crowd are basically fanfiction writers claiming that because one character told another "You look nice today" one time they have a passionate and deeply romantic relationship regardless of how often or how clearly every other relevant moment in the series contradicts this. Except not even that because at least the thing they're extrapolating all this from is probably still canon, unlike 40k fluff which constantly rewrites itself.
>>
>>45282062
Which do you think Khorne prefers, a Berserker who wades into battle and kills 10 men each day, or a bunny farmer who sits on his porch and snipes 10 rabbits over the course of an afternoon?

After all, neither is using magic, so they're not being cowardly, and Khorne cares not from where the blood flows, so there's no real difference in what you're killing. Do they both earn the same favor in his eyes? What if the bunny farmer kills 20 rabbits instead?
>>
>>45282167
Khorne prefers emus, since they can humble the mightiest of shitposters
>>
File: 1351678398353.jpg (677 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1351678398353.jpg
677 KB, 1536x2048
>>45271788
>whereas to a deranged cultist who's favorite hobby is to sit naked in a pool of gasoline playing with matches

The mental picture I got from this was just wonderful, and I'm gonne find a way to use this in my DH campaign. Thank you.
>>
>>45279119

I think I see your point. Khorne can't really be a god of battles without a healthy respect for deception. Otherwise, his forces would be constantly out-maneuvered by T'Zeentchians and Slaaneshis.

This is why the Honorable Combat Khorne never really made sense to me. Honor is for duels and inter-tribal warfare, not fighting aliens and daemons.

I like the "never kill something that can't kill you" rule of thumb. It implies Khornite champions must constantly seek out challenging opponents to ensure they keep getting stronger.
>>
>>45278123
All Demons lie, Anon.
It seems you've been listening to Heretical propoganda.
>>
File: chaos.jpg (9 KB, 222x280) Image search: [Google]
chaos.jpg
9 KB, 222x280
>>45282167
>What if the bunny farmer kills 20 rabbits instead?

I like to imagine Khorne sitting on his throne of bronze atop a mountain of skulls, blood flowing down from every eye socket, with an abacus and reading glasses counting everyone's kills
>>
>>45284271
There might be some honour involved to keep them from killing one another.
>>
>>45280664
I know, but that's stupid.
>>
File: 29.jpg (707 KB, 1200x1718) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
707 KB, 1200x1718
>>45280453
The oldest sources followed the bit about the Emperor's Children rendering down civilians into drugs by saying "Countless thousands more died to give the Legionnaires more direct, if cruder, enjoyment." That could be interpreted two ways: either the Emperor's Children literally fucked people to death, or it's just that they got off on simply killing them (as opposed to the rather more intricate drug business), though I'm sure there was plenty of both in any case. The Slaves to Darkness description of the Emperor's Children also said "The danger of combat is a rediscovered thrill and aphrodisiac, allowing them to reach new extremes of debauchery."

Then in Index Astartes, again regarding the Siege of Terra, there was this:
>Daemons were summoned and set loose among prisoners, feasting on their flesh as they died, while the Space Marines themselves sought even greater excesses of carnage and carnality.

>>45280505
That's two separate scenes conflated. When Mersadie Oliton first met Loken and found him almost naked, she did check him out, but there was no mention of genitalia (the one thing he was wearing was a loincloth). Later, Ignace Karkasy, another - male - remembrancer comments on the Marines' size as prelude to a random diatribe about how terrible they smell:

>‘The sweat, dear Euphrati, the sweat! I have been observing the Astartes. Very big, aren’t they? I mean to say, very big in every measurement by which one might quantify a man.’

However, given that Karkasy goes on to complain about the Astartes wanting nothing to do with them, I'd say it's just a joke on Abnett's part. No doubt he knows what a point of fascination Space Marine dicks are for the fanbase.
>>
File: Skub.jpg (59 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Skub.jpg
59 KB, 250x250
>>45284271
>Honorable Combat Khorne never really made sense to me

He's the god of Warrior combat - not war-fighting soldiers. One on one clash of Titans sort of things. Maybe that "doesn't make sense" to you but, so what? Okay, I'll break it down -

The "cares not" quote meme-forcing retards throw around so they can post about menstrual fluid [teehee!] was originally about Khornate gladiators. The point was, he "cared not" if it was his own champions who died in these duels, as he was more pleased that such honourable contests were being held in his name by superb blademasters - of every stripe.

Her animosity toward Slanny was because of her Aura/ Miasma/ Musk/ Mind-control attacks that unmanned her enemies so mincing daemonettes could then slit their throats like lambs and nothing to do with the memetards' Vestigial Dick theory.

YWIA
>>
>>45271851
>Turning the forces of Chaos into total gibbering madness and retarded evil is just dumb

Yeah, that's the thing that bugs me about Chaos, too. I wouldn't necessarily want it to become "good" but I'd like its followers to not consist of almost universally head-bashing, thoughtless morons. Pragmatic evil is more interesting than Stupid Evil.
>>
>>45271450
Why is sorcery bad but guns are okay. Hell, isn't being genetically enhanced and wearing heavy, expensive armor also cheating?
>>
>>45271100
CSM sparring a wounded enemy could happen in just about any legion if he was worthy like another Mahreen

Sparring a civilian is less likely, but would probably just be an ADB-style "not worth killing" cop out
>>
File: Cuttleheadshot.jpg (4 KB, 155x159) Image search: [Google]
Cuttleheadshot.jpg
4 KB, 155x159
>>45271450
>It's more that Khorne doesn't think sorcery is honorable, except when used in forging stuff.
Pretty much, even if you don't think of Khorne as a God of Honor, there is still a strong inkling for MERIT.

>>45271492
>Maybe, just maybe, the chaos gods are based off the fundamental emotional archetypes (read the four humors/four ninja turtles etc...) and in a world that's shit, they being a reflection of that world, reflect that shit.
Indeed, remember, Khorne at least favor MERIT when it comes to the acts of his followers.

>>45271776
>Not even to make yourself better at fighting?
>>45271899
>Nope. You earn every bit of strength on your own. The only acceptable time is if you need a new weapon or magic to get you to the fight in the first place.
>>45272301
>Most rituals aren't exactly combat-applicable, they're support powers.
Yeah, I'd say Khorne wouldn't frown on things like Bardic Magic, pumping up your fellow warriors with battle chants and such.

>>45271851
>Honestly I prefer Khornates as warriors of honor, if only because Chaos isn't supposed to be pure evil. Turning the forces of Chaos into total gibbering madness and retarded evil is just dumb, when its supposed to just represent the extremes of the psyche.
Agreed, hence my Daughters of Peace and other non-babyrapemurdinghuffing Chaos cults.

>>45279265
>Why do Daemonettes have crab claws?
Personally don't like it myself, but tentacles seem to always get shoved over to Tzeench...

>>45282167
>Which do you think Khorne prefers, a Berserker who wades into battle and kills 10 men each day, or a bunny farmer who sits on his porch and snipes 10 rabbits over the course of an afternoon?
>After all, neither is using magic, so they're not being cowardly, and Khorne cares not from where the blood flows, so there's no real difference in what you're killing. Do they both earn the same favor in his eyes? What if the bunny farmer kills 20 rabbits instead?
I'll say it again, MERIT!
20 Rabbits ain't exactly hard.
>>
>>45275031
Isn't that picture from Torture Device?
>>
To me the proscriptions against magic seems like a residual trait from Fantasy, when the gods were "gods" in "The Realm of Chaos," and not manifestations of the universal Id living in the Jungian collective unconsciousness that is also Event Horizon. Gods can be more picky about what their followers do when its just a demon being, and not a amalgamation of quadrillions of minds all linked together in one crazy mass of pure emotion.
>>
>>45272066
The chaos gods in theory, aren't really 'evil'. They're manifestations of the raw emotive power of the trillions of mortal souls in the galaxy. They encompass all the ideas, motives, hopes, dreams, and emotions of life. They are manifestations of good as well as evil.
............however in practicality mortals have much larger proportions of these 'evil' traits than the 'good' ones. So all the chaos gods are rampant murderpricks.
>>
File: 1423011269288.png (93 KB, 711x705) Image search: [Google]
1423011269288.png
93 KB, 711x705
>>45290164
>Her animosity toward Slanny
Cinder best Blood Goddess!
>>
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 555x828) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 555x828
>>45271286
>>45271450
The reason Khorne hates sorcery is simple: sorcery isn't your own power. You're not killing your enemies with your own abilities and talents, you're leaning on the power of the gods to do your dirty work for you.

The thing about Khorne is this: It doesn't matter where the blood flows from, but you have to be the one to spill it. Using a sniper rifle is fine, because you're still using your own talent to shoot him. Using a nuke is fine, because that is still within the realm of mortal capacity, it's still something that a mortal made with his own hands and something you squired somehow, whether by buying it off the black market or by killing the guardsmen protecting it. Using mutations is also fine, because you did something to be gifted (or cursed with) that mutation, so you did earn it, and thus it is yours.

Sorcery is not your own power. You know how to to (sort of) control it, you know how to draw it out, but it is not your power, it's the power of the Warp, the power of the gods. You are stealing the powers of those far greater than you to kill your enemies. You are leaning on others to kill for you. You are a coward, who cannot kill his enemies on his own, and worst of all, you insult the gods by pretending that you are powerful when all you're doing is stealing the powers of the gods.

That's why Khorne hates psykers.

Magic weapons are different, because you actually have to work for them. You have to forcibly bind an unwilling daemon to a weapon, which is no small task, and thus you are actually working for that power. If you didn't actually make the daemon weapon, that's still fine, because you'll probably have to rip it out of the cold dead hands of it's previous owner, or else it must have been gifted to you, in which case you still earned it technically speaking.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 549x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 549x599
So /tg/, what have you done to serve the blood god recently?
>>
>>45284271
The thing about Khorne being a God of martial honor is that, like all concepts the chaos gods represent, it's very twisted. Khorne has a very twisted sense of honor, it being that people should attain victory through their own abilities. This means that a fight between a single guardsman and an Imperator Titan is still honorable in Khorne's eyes, because the guy in the titan is just playing to his strengths, that strength being that he has a motherfucking titan and you don't. Ambushing your for in the dead of night is also honorable, because you're just playing smart, and it's their faults for A.) Not expecting it and B.) Not being strong enough to win regardless. So long as your victory is still -your- victory, then it is an honorable victory.

If it's not your victory, because you hired an assassin to kill for you or because you leaned on the power of the gods to win (See my post here >>45293972 concerning why Khorne hates sorcery), then it's dishonorable and you're a pathetic coward who should be forcefed his own intestines. The key is that it has to be your victory, doesn't matter if it's won via a chainaxe or a nuke, it just has to be you who did it.

Now that said, not all victories are equal. The guy in the titan is still honorable when he murders the fuck out of that guardsman, but his kill is boring. It was an honorable kill, but it was not a -worthy- kill. A man who kills a single worthy opponent is greater in the eyes of Khorne than a man who kills a thousand unworthy foes. So, the guy in the titan is still honorable, but Khorne finds him boring, and may think he's a huge coward if lone guardsmen are the only enemies he kills. If that guardsman somehow manages to kill the titan guy though, he's both the luckiest fucker in the galaxy and a much greater servant in the eyes of Khorne than the guy in the titan ever was.
>>
>>45293999
I got into a fight with the slaaneshi That Guy in my Black Crusade game. Good times.
>>
File: 1422299775691.png (1 MB, 1500x1875) Image search: [Google]
1422299775691.png
1 MB, 1500x1875
>>45293580
>The chaos gods in theory, aren't really 'evil'. They're manifestations of the raw emotive power of the trillions of mortal souls in the galaxy. They encompass all the ideas, motives, hopes, dreams, and emotions of life. They are manifestations of good as well as evil.
>............however in practicality mortals have much larger proportions of these 'evil' traits than the 'good' ones. So all the chaos gods are rampant murderpricks.
Same here, thought not that mortals are more evil than good, it's just that the Galaxy is a shit place that it exasperates the bad stuff.
With everything being Grimdark and their only being War, you pretty much have to be an asshole to survive.
This assholery feeds back into itself in an escalating loop via the Warp, so things just get worse and WORSE.
This all started with the Old Ones and their War in Heaven with the Necrontyr; Creating a psychic race as a WEAPON started to mess with the Warp, possibly creating the freaking Eldar deities and outright eventually created Slaanesh.

>>45294243
>Now that said, not all victories are equal. The guy in the titan is still honorable when he murders the fuck out of that guardsman, but his kill is boring. It was an honorable kill, but it was not a -worthy- kill. A man who kills a single worthy opponent is greater in the eyes of Khorne than a man who kills a thousand unworthy foes. So, the guy in the titan is still honorable, but Khorne finds him boring, and may think he's a huge coward if lone guardsmen are the only enemies he kills. If that guardsman somehow manages to kill the titan guy though, he's both the luckiest fucker in the galaxy and a much greater servant in the eyes of Khorne than the guy in the titan ever was.
Like I said, MERIT!
Khorne's biggest deal is Merit; You have to go out and do whatever it is on your own, under your own power, and with whatever skill you possess.
>>
>>45273240

how would you know of someone who abandoned all delusions of control?

What would be their limits?

If they didn't have limits, how could we see them?

It would be like talking to a logical paradox.
>>
File: 1436736185565.jpg (65 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1436736185565.jpg
65 KB, 894x894
>>45293999
I scraped my knee on concrete yesterday.

>Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, only that it flows.
>>
Does Khrone love girls since they give him blood every month ?
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.