[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shinigami Savant Quest #54
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 23
File: OPSenzaikyuSpring.jpg (114 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
OPSenzaikyuSpring.jpg
114 KB, 848x480
You are Ninth Division Captain Kusajishi Riku, and this is your story.

Kurosaki Masaki has been putting up with your reminiscence for several long minutes now, as you've kindly elected to leave out relatively minor details throughout in order to present her with just the basics of the situation she's walked into. Still, it seems she can largely infer many of the attitudes prevalent through the Seireitei over the three days since Aizen's departure.

“Question?” she asks cheerfully as you pass a group of shady-looking unseated shinigami on your way to the Forth Division: the amount of bandages they've got between them suggests they're some of Kenpachi's bunch just out of the hospital.

“Sure,” you nod, “you want to know where we got the Central 46 members from.”

“Yes,” Masaki tells you. “Are you sure they'll be better than the last bunch?”

“Not really,” you admit, the very top of the Fourth Division's compound only just coming into view now. “They're new, and they haven't gotten complacent in their roles yet. But they came in divided on several key issues, along the lines of the major Clans. The Shiba and Shihōin camps hold quite a bit of sway though, otherwise things may not have gone even as smoothly as they did.”

“And these arrancar of yours?” Masaki presses, nervousness etched into her features. “I can't imagine that's gone smoothly... even Isshin's not going to be happy to hear what you've done.”

“Actually,” you correct her, “you might be surprised.”

When you both arrive at the hospital there's something of a fuss at the door, as a familiar seated officer makes a point of kowtowing at your feet and apologizing loudly.

“I'm so sorry, Lady Shiba!” Yamada Hanatarō cries pitifully from the floor. “I promise I won't cause any more trouble!”

“Calm down,” you sigh, “I'm not mad. Just take us to Ichigo's room.”
>1/2
>>
File: 1448113221223.jpg (47 KB, 540x474) Image search: [Google]
1448113221223.jpg
47 KB, 540x474
>>45269593
By the time you finally arrived on site at the Ninth Division barracks, people were already milling about in anticipation of the exercises. You spy Kenpachi prowling around with a bunch of bandages poking out from under his uniform, looking a bit more disheveled than usual. His pint-sized Lieutenant looks out on the crowd with a bored expression from his shoulders. Other Divisions have sent their Lieutenants. Notably you spy Tetsuzaemon in the crowd giving you a curt nod of acknowledgment, Lieutenants Kotetsu and Omaeda speaking quietly with Kira away from any of the other groups, and Lieutenant Hinamori speaking with Captain Hitsugaya closer to the range.

No doubt they've come to see what these “arrancar” are capable of, and will be reporting to their respective Divisions upon their return. Which is fine, that's part of the reasoning behind showing off their capabilities like this in the first place. It may however be a good idea to ensure that the highest ranking officers have a chance to speak with the arrancar, to give them all a better sense of each others' personalities.

Starrk seems as bored as Lieutenant Kusajishi, and though it seemed impossible Lilynette seems even more bored than that. Halibel and Apacci seem at least vaguely interested in their visitors, though you can tell Apacci in particular is also a bit uncomfortable. She may well feel a little more like an animal in a zoo rather than a partner or ally.

>3d10, higher is better
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 7 = 10 (3d10)

>>45269690
>>
Rolled 3, 1, 8 = 12 (3d10)

>>45269690
Rolling
>>
Rolled 6, 1, 5 = 12 (3d10)

>>45269690
>>
>>45269719
I hope a 5 is good enough.....
>>
>>45269719
Well this bodes ill.
>>
Rolled 1, 3, 10 = 14 (3d10)

>>45269690
>>
>>45269759
It's not great, but it beats the hell out of a 3. But a 5 is decent enough for what's required.
>Writing
>>
Rolled 9, 6, 1 = 16 (3d10)

>>45269690
>>
>>45269805
WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE NEEDED YOU!?
>>
File: Starrk1.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Starrk1.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>45269801
There are a few more people present that you did not expect: a man in a familiar striped hat and wooden geta, a woman in a strange white haori with an elaborate crescent-shaped decoration behind her head, and a fairly young man whose face strikes you as remarkably familiar...

The man in the silly hat and clogs is clearly Urahara, though it's a bit baffling how he could be here without anyone knowing. The woman is clearly suppressing her reiatsu so as not to cause any concern for those around her, but Tenkotsuki and Rosa both agree with you that she's at very least Captain-class.

“It's not reiatsu I recognize,” Rosa observes warily. “You know her, vixen?”

“I know I have felt it somewhere,” your first zanpakuto recollects quietly, “though I must admit, I cannot immediately recall the precise details. It was likely in passing, and some time ago.”

The third man's reiatsu is unremarkable, perhaps low seated officer level, and he's not a man you recognize from your own Division. But nevertheless, you can tell even from this distance that you've seen that face before.

>Go straight for Urahara, demand to know the how and why of his presence.
>Investigate the woman... she seems entirely out of place among your peers.
>Investigate the familiar face. You don't get that sensation often.
>Other?

And yes, the order of selection does matter.
>>
>>45269812
My computer's clock glitched and ran slow.
>>
>>45269867
>>Investigate the familiar face. You don't get that sensation often.
>>
>>45269867
My money's on Valhallan "elite"
>>
>>45269867
>a woman in a strange white haori with an elaborate crescent-shaped decoration behind her head
Hang on, isn't that whatserface, Shutara from 0th?

Dunno who this is.
>>
>>45269867
>>
>>45269867
The woman is Shutara.
>>
>>45269867
Are we supposed to vote in the order we want to investigate?
>>45269944
Well yes but riku doesn't know that.
>>
>>45269867
>>
>>45269904
I was disappointed when no valkyries showed up during the wars.
>>
OH HE'S A GOD!
>>
>>45270095
Join the club.
>>
>>45270095
The quincy king apparently wiped out all their captain level fighters.
>>
>>45270134
WHEN the fuck did King say that?
>>
>>45269904
Could also be one of the Shingumi. Or an ex-quincy.
>>
>>45270118
When someone asks if you're a god

YOU SAY YES
>>
>>45270165
Someone asked on the ask how the Valhallans handled the Sternritter without any captain level fighters. He replied by saying we should ask ourselves why they don't have any captain level fighters.
>>
>>45270134
That's Bullshit. Odin would beat the shit out of YHWH. How many Godkillers does he have stashed around the place?
>>
>>45270165
>>45270234
https://ask.fm/QMKingofHearts/answers/135540428985
>If the Quincy also have a german branch, how have the Valhallen's dealt with them? They don't have anyone who could stand up to a Sternritter last I checked.
>It may be revealing when you consider possible reasons WHY the Valhallens don't have any Captain-level fighters.
So yeah, the quincy king murdered the lot of them. Unless you think the Sternritter wiped them without his help later.
>>
>>45269867
As you close the distance with that familiar face, it suddenly becomes clear who the man is: Okita Sōji. The Captain of the First Unit of the Shinsengumi, one of the finest swordsmen in civil war-torn Kyoto and one of your mentors in the Tennen-Rishin Ryu. A strip of fabric cut from his old uniform on the day of his death is around your waist a this very moment.

A lump catches in your throat. Of all the things you prepared yourself for today this wasn't it. Thankfully, Okita takes the need to address him out of your hands before things get awkward.

“Captain?” he asks calmly. “Can I help you with anything?”

“Does he not remember you?” Rosa asks silently.

Tenkotsuki sounds almost saddened by the realization. “It would be unusual if he did.”

“No,” you finally manage, prompting him to look at you in confusion. “Doesn't seem so. Are you here as an observer?”

“From the First Division, yes,” he bows slowly. “But may I ask, ma'am... you seem like you're familiar with me. I think I would remember meeting another Captain.”

“It was a long time ago,” you sigh, as you notice Okita's eyes fall upon your sash. There's a brief flicker of emotion in his eyes, but describing it as recognition would be wishful thinking on your part. It doesn't rise to that level.

>You recognize the color of this sash, don't you? What's your name?
>You were once Okita Sōji, a swordsman. We knew each other when you were alive.
>Excuse yourself, speak to Urahara
>Excuse yourself, speak to the woman
>Get this show on the road
>>
>>45270291
>>
>>45270234
>yfw Odin knows more forbidden Kido than Urahara and Tessai

That trade for knowledge ain't nothin' ta fuck wit.

He doesn't even speak Japanese, either!
>>
>>45270291
>>
>>45270291
>>You recognize the color of this sash, don't you? What's your name?
The feels mate.
>>
>>45270291
>>You were once Okita Sōji, a swordsman. We knew each other when you were alive.
>>
>>45270291
>>Excuse yourself, speak to Urahara
>>45270307
He probably does. Odin knows all.
>>
File: Heart.jpg (43 KB, 552x414) Image search: [Google]
Heart.jpg
43 KB, 552x414
>>45270291
Damn you king.....DAMN YOU!
>>
>>45270267
There are a lot of possibilities. The Quincy King however did not wipe out anyone in Europe.

I didn't want to say anything too in-depth about it then, nor do I now, because there's a strong chance it may come up later.
>>
>>45270291
>Excuse yourself, speak to Urahara
>>
>>45270370
Don't worry, anon, we can make him remember, all we need to do is join him in a display of GLORIOUS OLD-SCHOOL SWORDSMANSHIP and he'll understand.

He totally won't, but we do need to see if his skills haven't diminished over his rebirth.
>>
>>45270372
Well all their elite where probably busy with the Jotun after all.
>>
>>45270291
>Okita
OH GOD. THE MEMORIES.
>>
>>45270291
>>
Why are we telling Okita who he is? Revealing forgotten information might not be a good idea.
>>
>>45270579
Because he's the closest thing we have to a husbando.

But Riku is the forbidden love.

Hm. Dunno, mang.
>>
>>45270291
lets try to natrually bring up those memories. not force feed them. this option sounds like it brings them up, but not as forcefully.
>>
>>45270621
But I don't want to cheat on best cat.....
>>
>>45270621
No, It's because he was our first human friend and he was a really good friend throughout our stay in the human world.
>>
>>45270669
So yes, the closest to a husbando.
>>
>>45270579
If you ask me it makes some sense. Okita was a man Riku had genuine respect for, and her respect has always been hard-earned. Seeing Okita struggling to remember the meaning of a blue sash would have to hurt a little.

>Writing
>>
File: 497452924.png (316 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
497452924.png
316 KB, 1920x1200
“You like my sash, don't you?” you observe quietly. Okita nods, a thoughtful expression on his face.

“It makes me feel...” he ponders for a moment, struggling to find the right word. That much hasn't changed about him, he was always precise and deliberate when he spoke to you. “Proud. I don't understand it.”

“It belonged to you once,” you tell him, and his eyes widen ever so slightly. “Yes, when you were alive. We knew each other then, it was my first assignment to the living world. What's your name?”

“Shinta,” Okita tells you, still seeming to be in the midst of grappling with what you've told him.

You laugh at his response, your heartbeat finally returning to normal. “Shinta? No, that's far too soft a name for a man like you. Try “Sōji” on for size, you may like it.”

“Sōji?” Okita repeats once, frown gradually easing into a faint smile. “Sōji. Somehow it feels like it suits me.”

“It's all yours,” you smile. “Keep it if you like it.”

“I guess it's true,” he admits with the trademark self-awareness you'd associate with him. “You really did know me when I was alive, didn't you?”

“If you want to know about who you were,” you continue, “come back here some time and I'll tell you. But memories from our lives can be a heavy burden when they surface... consider very carefully how much you really want to know.”

After a moment, Okita bows respectfully. “I'll keep it in mind, Captain. Thank you.”

Meanwhile, Urahara's presence is attracting more and more stares. Even a lot of the old hands around your Division don't know him, but it's only a matter of time before someone makes the connection. The woman in white also seems to be growing impatient.

>Urahara
>White woman
>Start the exercises
>>
>>45270811
>>White woman
>>
>>45270811
>>White woman
>>
>>45270811
>>White woman
>>
>>45270811
>White woman
>>
>>45270811
>>White woman
>>
>>45270811
>start the excercise
woman's getting impatient, the arrancars are getting bored, shimigami are getting nervous. lets get the demo show on the road.
>>
>>45270811
>>White woman
So..... Why didn't Oetsu show. Sure we might not know who she is but she's obviously Zero div...... Wait haven't we met her or did she just send us an angry letter?
>>
>>45270888
Angry letter.
>>
>>45270811
>White woman
>>
>>45270888
>>45270910
oh fuck. what is div. zero getting angry about?
.....wait a minute...
she's here to have us go on send a letter to Coyote in America isn't she?
>>
>>45270947
>oh fuck. what is div. zero getting angry about?
She sent us an angry letter when we got our new captain coat because we ruined the last one she made.
>>
>>45270977
I know that. I was wondering about her purpose right now on div 9 training grounds.
>>
>>45271045
Probably the zero divs representative. All the other divs sent a rep after all.
>>
>btw, writing
>>
>>45271211
“You put another hole in my tailoring,” the woman tells you sternly as you approach her, holding out a package for you to take. “This is a replacement. At some point in the coming days you may need yet another haori, but this should hold until then.”

“Shutara?” you ask, giving voice to your suspicion, and the woman smirks.

“Quite right!”

You shake your head, trying to get over the second surprise in as many minutes. “Why is Zero Division here?”

“Why, to see these arrancar of yours in action!” Shutara insists. “And of course I had to deliver your new uniform. I see you couldn't quite get the blood out of the one you're wearing now.”

“It set in pretty good,” you nod. “But hey, better than what happened to the last one. Is this one...”

“Reinforced with Ōken fabric? Come now, would you expect anything less?”

Sure enough, opening the package reveals a new haori within. It seems very similar to the one you have on now, but the design seems a little slimmer through the body and a little more dramatically flared below the sash line. The mountain stripes around the hem are still there, albeit somewhat more pronounced. It also lacks the western-style collar you've grown accustomed to, giving it a much smoother profile and probably reducing the amount of fraying Shunkō will cause around its edges by providing a more open “vent” around your neck.

It also comes with new leg and arm guards: these too are made from Ōken fabric, where your last ones were not. The extra panels on the shoulders are longer as well, providing slightly more protection there.

“Like it or not you are going to be increasingly a public figure, Captain,” Shutara explains as you quickly switch the old, worn-in parts of your uniform for their replacements and handing the wrapped, damaged clothing back to her. “We cannot have you looking anything less than ideal. Anything other than that would reflect poorly on us, you see.”
>1/2
>>
>>45271506
"They fit perfectly," you acknowledge, going to the quite pointless effort of testing the fit by stretching and rotating your limbs.

"Of course they do," Shutara sighs, seemingly offended that you could possibly think otherwise.

>3d10 roll, high result is better
>>
Rolled 1, 5, 7 = 13 (3d10)

>>45271538
>>
Rolled 10, 4, 5 = 19 (3d10)

>>45271538
>>
Rolled 1, 4, 6 = 11 (3d10)

>>45271538
>>
Rolled 7, 6, 8 = 21 (3d10)

>>45271538
>>
>5 again
Jeez. Be grateful Riku doesn't have to fight anyone right now.

>writing
>>
File: Ep208SuiFengProtests.png (139 KB, 540x349) Image search: [Google]
Ep208SuiFengProtests.png
139 KB, 540x349
>>45271538
“Oh, dammit,” you hiss, spying what you've feared this whole time. Suì Fēng has arrived.

She liked Urahara even less than she liked you when you were both still working for Yoruichi, and you're absolutely sure she'd recognize him even with the goofy outfit.

“Someone you know, Captain?” Shutara asks, clearly amused at your plight.

You shake your head. “This is absolutely not the right time for a murder. I've gotta do something about it, I trust you can amuse yourself?”

“I'd have gone insane by now if I couldn't,” she admits calmly.

>Intercept Little Bee, divert her so she doesn't run into Urahara.
>Grab Urahara, get him clear so he won't be an issue.
>Interrogate Urahara. Seriously, how is he even here?
>Introduce them. Control the chaos rather than chance them meeting suddenly.
>>
>>45271703
>>Introduce them. Control the chaos rather than chance them meeting suddenly.
!!Fun!!
>>
>>45271703
>>Grab Urahara, get him clear so he won't be an issue.
>>
>>45271703
>Remember, Yoruichi wouldn't like it if you guys hurt each other....
>>
>>45271703
>Interrogate Urahara. Seriously, how is he even here?
>URAHARAAAAAAA!!!!!
>>
>>45271703
>>
>>45271703
>>Introduce them. Control the chaos rather than chance them meeting suddenly.
>>
>>45271754
Second, Always use the Yoruichi card!
>>
>>45271703
It will happen eventually.
>>
>>45271785
With Little Bee it's like playing Channel into Fireball.
>>
File: 1404230385644.jpg (692 KB, 700x959) Image search: [Google]
1404230385644.jpg
692 KB, 700x959
>>45271894
As a Magic player I approve this reference
>>
>>45271703
This isn't an accident that can be allowed to happen. With due haste you descend on Suì Fēng, throwing an arm around her shoulders.

“Captain Suì Fēng!” you greet her cheerfully, pulling her along towards Urahara. She doesn't spy him but he definitely sees you leading her towards him. He points, eyes wide and mouth forming silent, horrified words.

You ignore him. Pity is unbecoming an officer.

Suì Fēng seems confused at the reception. “Hello, Lady Riku. I decided to come and see this for myself instead of relying on Omaeda... where might I ask are you taking me?”

“To see an old friend!” you insist. “When you see him, please try not to...”

“You!” Suì Fēng hisses angrily, finally spying Kisuke herself.

“... freak out,” you finish with a sigh, grabbing hold of Suì Fēng's haori to restrain her.

“How are you here?” Suì Fēng demands, her voice much lower than you'd have expected. Maybe she does have some sense of discretion after all... progress indeed.

You raise an eyebrow at the long-absent former Captain. “Yes, I was about to ask that myself.”

“It's not that I lacked the means before now,” Kisuke explains vaguely, careful to use no certain terms, “just the desire.”

>Answer the question, Kisuke.
>Go back. I can't risk the Central 46 catching word.
>How did you even know it was all over?
>Other?
>>
>>45272061
>>Go back. I can't risk the Central 46 catching word.
>>
>>45272061
>"Smile"
>>
>>45272008
Is . . .is that rule63 Nico Bolas?
>>
>>45272089
this
>>
>>45272061
>>Answer the question, Kisuke.
>Smile

>>45272092
Indeed
>>
>>45272061
>>Answer the question, Kisuke.
>>
>>45272061
>>
>>45272061
>Smile
>>
>>45272061
Roku smile
>>
>>45272089
Second.
>>
File: 1429336216546.gif (215 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1429336216546.gif
215 KB, 400x225
>>45272061
“Answer the question please, Kisuke,” you press, your sweet tone belying a heavily implied “or I'll beat the answer out of you”.

Surprisingly, Kisuke seems fine explaining further. For once, it's like he actually expects you to understand rather than the condescending tone he normally uses when topics turn towards the arcane.

“I detected you and Yoruichi when you crossed over some days ago,” he tells you, referring to the sixty seconds or so when you realized that Ichigo's group had encountered a temporal anomaly in the Dangai that had sent them back in time. “I know what Yoruichi is like when she's primed for a fight, and the fact that you came together unannounced meant that something was amiss on your end.”

“But how could you know the fight was over?” Suì Fēng asks, and you silently agree that this is a major hole in Kisuke's story.

“That's the interesting part!” Kisuke exclaims, seemingly quite proud of himself. “I guessed that there was a high chance that Ichigo's group would experience some sort of trouble getting through the Dangai without an escort, so I planted a tracker on his uniform.”

He grins, holding out a small device with a wire antenna between his two fingers: a transponder of some kind, probably packed full of minute sensing equipment.
>1/2
>>
File: 1431957894647.jpg (219 KB, 1017x711) Image search: [Google]
1431957894647.jpg
219 KB, 1017x711
>>45272388
“And by the time you got back to your shop you'd already received the data,” you conclude, following the quirk of temporal mechanics.

Kisuke's grin widens. “Exactly! I'd hoped you would figure that out! Yes, your unexpected appearance actually caused a closed causality loop on both of our timelines... which would be very interesting to study if I could figure out a way to observe the effects.”

“That's beside the point,” Suì Fēng insists. “Clarify it for me: you knew it was safe because you bugged Kurosaki. You're probably here to observe the arrancar?”

“Inquiring minds want to know,” Kisuke nods.

“In other words you're being a busybody, same as always,” you conclude.

“I'm a scientist, getting involved with things that don't concern me is what I do best.”

>I'd prefer it if you weren't a direct observer. Can Captain Suì Fēng observe for you in some way?
>I can arrange something later, but you getting caught here would be a disaster.
>I'll send someone to get official permission. The Central 46 may realize you were innocent.
>I'll make you a deal: come back and serve as the Research Head.
>Other?
>>
>>45272418
>>I'll make you a deal: come back and serve as the Research Head.
>>
>>45272418
>I'll send someone to get official permission. The Central 46 may realize you were innocent.
>>
>>45272418
Sui Feng get Yoruichi.
>>
>>45272418
>>
>>45272418

i....this is a good question. in canon did urahara /want/ to come back?
>>
>>45272418
When he says no
>Shrug" Had to ask"
>>
>>45272418
>>I'll send someone to get official permission. The Central 46 may realize you were innocent.
>>
>>45272418
>Other?
>Where's your husband? You and Tessai are usually stuck at the hip.
>>
>>45272497
this.
>>
>>45272497
Thirded
>>
>>45272418
>>45272497
>>Other?
>>Where's your husband? You and Tessai are usually stuck at the hip.
>>
File: 1447029393527.jpg (249 KB, 461x650) Image search: [Google]
1447029393527.jpg
249 KB, 461x650
>>45272418
“I'll make you a deal: come back and serve as Research Head.”

Kisuke stares at you for a moment, seemingly putting all the pieces together. “I won't be sending Kurosaki over for a while. I'll have a response for you by August ninth.”

“That's fine,” you tell him. “Talk it over with your husband while you're at it. It's a big decision, after all.”

“Oh, and do say hello to your lovely wife for me!” Kisuke shoots back.

Suì Fēng mutters something about stabbing someone.

“I'll broach the subject when I have the chance,” you finish.

Kisuke nods. “Good luck convincing the Central 46... lord knows I've tried.

With that potential crisis averted, you get the attention of the now quite-restless shinigami milling about the Ninth's grounds and trampling your grass.

“Thanks for coming out!” you shout over the din of a hundred different conversations, which rapidly dies down. “Special thanks goes to the representatives here from each Division in the Gotei 13 for being here. Captains, officers, shinigami of all rank... I'm going to introduce you to a few friends of mine.”

>Academic start. Explain what a Menos really is, set the stage.
>Have Apacci explain what her life was like before becoming an arrancar?
>Introduce each arrancar by name.
>Explain why you think it's important to learn about arrancar
>Other?
As always, write ins are encouraged.
>>
>>45272803
This is me. Was posting in the Modern thread with my name off.
>>
>>45272803
>>Introduce each arrancar by name.

Then

>>
>>45272418
>I can arrange something later, but you getting caught here would be a disaster.

Now is not the time to push our luck politically. If the arrancar thing works out then maybe as we will have established a bit more credibility.
>>
>>45272803
Then
>>
>>45272803
>>Academic start. Explain what a Menos really is, set the stage.
>>
>>45272818
>Modern
Disgusting
>>
>>45272803
And for all you pansy ass bitches that can't punch a menos into oblivion.
>>
>>45272803
>"All but one of them has tits. But I don't know if he counts, cause he is also his weapons, and his weapons are a little girl, and while underdeveloped, still has tits. Okay, they all technically own tits."
>>
>>45272803
Damn. Anons if you could have held out for a few sessions we could have had sweet tasty ghost shark.

Ehh. A cat is fine too...
>>
>>45272803
>>
>>45272803
>Have Apacci explain what her life was like before becoming an arrancar?

>Other?
>Show the crowd Kobara no Tachi, wax philosophical about how blurry the lines between Shinigami and Hollow can get.
>>
>>45272914
We do need to spend more time with best shark.
>>
>>45272840
Indeed. I mean, have you SEEN the PT results? If it weren't the most popular format here by a country mile I'd be playing anything else.

Anyway. Back to the topic at hand.
>>
>>45272914
>wanting cold, slick, pasty, unfeeling skin

Anon, pls!

Also, best cat is hands down the sexiest woman in the seireitei.

Unless you're in the hospital, then its Unohana, because saying she isn't is likely fatal.
>>
>>45272957
I just have a natural dislike for it after Snap Caster...

I typically play standard due to the manageable bullshit level of the more recent cards.
>>
>>45273017
If Rangiku wasn't our daughter...

>yfw you realize rangiku has been wearing the 9th division's sleeveless uniform.
>>
>>45272957
Is OMG not attending this soiree?

Speaking of, does his Bankai still hit 15,000,000 degrees or is it toned down to be less catastrophic for human life across the entirety of the planet here?
>>
>>45273017
Gentlemen prefer blonds.

Harribel and Rangiku are far superior.
>>
>>45273120
>Gentlemen

Funny, I recall Bond banging more brunettes.
>>
>>45273120
>Gentlemen prefer blonds.
I mean I like Rangiku, but that comment is fallacious as hell.
>>
>>45272803
“Here, come on up,” you wave to the rather uncertain-looking group of former-hollows. “It's not a proper introduction, but it'll have to do.”

There's a murmur through the crowd as you introduce each arrancar by their full names, some of which you've never even used in conversation before. Just the fact that they have names at all comes as a surprise to many present: most regular hollow are assigned names like “Acidwire”, “Grand Fisher”, or “Splitjaw”. To hear a name like “Tia” assigned to a hollow, even one with human features, is jarring.

“For those of you who are either unaware or who need a refresher,” you continue, “what we call Menos Grande are really three types of beings: Gillians are the weakest, Vasto Lordes are the strongest, and Adjuchas typicall fall somewhere in-between. Or so you've all been told.”

“In reality, those classifications only refer to stages in the hollow “life cycle”,” you explain, drawing on your centuries of expertise as a menos-hunter. “Gillians are mindless amalgamations of many regular hollows, who fuse in an orgy of cannibalistic violence. Even I'm not sure what prompts it, but most Gillians end up with no personality or higher thought.”

“Adjuchas are what you get when one personality dominates a Gillian, allowing it to continue preying on its peers. Adjuchas are smaller, and each has unique traits to match its personality. But becoming an Adjuchas carries a side effect: once a hollow advances to that stage it must continue to devour its brethren or risk reverting to a Gillian.”

“Worse,” Halibel adds, “the Adjuchas loses its sense of self. A fate so cruel some prefer to be eaten.”
>1/2
>>
>>45273181
“Vasto Lordes are the final stage, at least that we know of,” you conclude. “When a hollow reaches that phase it grows much smaller, but far more powerful. It also no longer needs to fear reversion.”

“What kind of menos were you all before you became arrancar?” Captain Hitsugaya asks calmly, eyeing Halibel with deep-seated concern that he doesn't make any attempt to hide.

Halibel's eyes flit towards you, unsure what the reaction to the full truth would be.

>Tell them the full truth. Openness is the best policy.
>Tell them that all were at least Adjuchas, leave it at that.
>Decline. That information could be turned against them.
>>
>>45273193
>>Tell them the full truth. Openness is the best policy
>>
>>45273193
>>Tell them the full truth. Openness is the best policy.
>>
>>45273193
>>
>>45273193
>>
>>45273193
>>Tell them the full truth. Openness is the best policy

Really, how much worse can things get?
>>
>>45273193

When they ever show off their power it'll be pretty obvious that Tia and Starrk are solidly a rung above the others, may as well show some honesty.

And Starrk is just plain weird being a 2 person natural Arrancar, we don't even know if he ever followed a normal Hollow lifecycle before he split.
>>
>>45273287
Jobber could go full tsundere on Halibel, Kenny could try to fight Apacci, also somehow going full tsundere while also being yandere, Snaketits could be accosted by that one faggot from the Eleventh (you know the one, with the triple bladed inverse crescent sword. Fuck that thing is weird.) while he prattles on about hidden beauty, and ol' Leonid could try flirting with Urahara for about three seconds before realizing what she is doing and throwing up all over someone important nearby.

And then Unohana shows up to try and fight Rosa in Riku's mind.

Oh and Aizen shows up to confess his love of the two women who were sort of kind of kicking his ass.

But then Arturo shows up and just fucking kills everyone.
>>
Hey did we ever get that new glove Mirai needed?

We had Kisuke right there too if we didn't
>>
>>45273367
So I guess Starrk is just making a bad impression by napping in all of this? The fiend!
>>
>>45273370
Of course, he's well aware of the situation.

>apologies for the unexpected delay, writing
>>
File: bored.jpg (26 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
bored.jpg
26 KB, 500x282
>>45273193
You nod to Halibel, who acknowledges your silent advice before looking back to Hitsugaya.

“I was a Vasto Lorde,” she admits plainly. “Starrk was probably as well.”

“Probably?” Tetsuzaemon muses. “As in you don't know, Lady Kusajishi?”

“Starrk is...” you hesitate, glancing at the arrancar who appears to have fallen asleep standing up. “An unusual case.”

“He's a lazy bum!” Lilynette insists loudly, kicking Starrk in the shins and knocking him off his feet.

Apacci sighs at the spectacle. “So much for first impressions.”

“And the others?” Hitsugaya presses.

“Adjuchas,” Apacci explains. “Still pretty damn strong.”

Hitsugaya looks at Apacci for a few seconds, as if testing her somehow. “So you would be like a Lieutenant to their Captains?”

Apacci, never one to continue a conversation she's grown tired of, merely unleashes her reiatsu. Hitsugaya's eyes widen at the display.

“And that's unreleased,” Apacci reminds him testily. “If I really got going I'd be as strong as you... maybe a little stronger.”

“That's enough, Apacci,” you warn her quietly. “Please settle down.”

She takes a moment to lower her reiatsu output, and nods. “Alright. I just made my point anyway.”

>Explain in depth what an arrancar is, exclude your role in their evolution.
>Recount how you helped them evolve, leave out the precise techniques.
>Explain how serious a threat Aizen's arrancar may be to the Seireitei.
>Other?
>>
>>45273674
>>
>>45273674
>>Explain in depth what an arrancar is, exclude your role in their evolution.
>>
>>45273674
>>Explain how serious a threat Aizen's arrancar may be to the Seireitei.
>>
>>45273674
>>
>>45273674
>>
>>45273674
well.

>tfw anons shooting the shit about Zaraki and Apacci being a good couple were right

They'd totally get along swimmingly.
>>
>>45273674

Might not want to go on about how dangerous arrancar are to Seireitei if we want them to be accepted, even if we make a distinction about Aizen's vs. our friends.
>>
>>45273674
>>
>>45273674
>Other?
>See if Apacci is willing to show off any of the Hollow not-kido she's made. It might be a good way to show that Arrancar aren't limited by their origins.
>>
>>45273674
>>Recount how you helped them evolve, leave out the precise techniques.
>>
>>45273812

Bit of a contradictory vote there, anon.
>>
File: 1376739983679.jpg (86 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1376739983679.jpg
86 KB, 640x512
>>45273795
>the Hollow not-kido
Pretty curious about what she can do myself. Hell she might have some interesting techniques we could benefit from.
>>
>>45273838
Anons are always a little bit special.
>>
File: 28369815_p0_master1200.jpg (114 KB, 574x579) Image search: [Google]
28369815_p0_master1200.jpg
114 KB, 574x579
>>45273674
“The first adjuchas I ever met was a psychopath... not very powerful either,” you admit, recalling the first adjuchas you ever killed. “But mostly among the present company, that hasn't proven to be a hard and fast rule. Some menos have a much higher capacity for reason, even a sense of fellowship and respect. Those things I found in the second adjuchas I ever met, Apacci.”

Apacci gives you a grin before you continue your explanation, moving on to what an arrancar is at the most basic level. “It's the result of a hollow removing its own mask,” you explain, “which has an unusual effect. The result, if done properly and fully, is a far more human-like form than even a Vasto Lorde.”

“An arrancar gains a zanpakuto, into which it focuses its power. The result is a spirit with a human body and traces of hollow anatomy, who can use their zanpakuto to revert to a more hollow-like form for extra combat strength.”

“How hollow-like are you?” Okita asks thoughtfully. “Or does it vary? My Captain will want to know.”

“It does seem to vary,” Halibel explains.

Apacci, who has unbuttoned her top, reveals the normally hidden hole that represents her “missing heart”. “You know we all have these, right? You know what they are?”

After a moment, she buttons up again. “Mine's shrunk by half since I evolved. Even those traces from when we were menos are fading.”

“Arrancar have the potential for stability and reason,” you explain, looking out into the crowd. “They no longer have to devour their fellows, so they can work together. They can have greater control and emotional maturity, and can be less prone to psychosis.”

“But I'll admit,” you sigh, “the few you see here may be the absolute best among them.”
>1/2
>>
>>45274019
“We haven't found many like ourselves,” Mila Rose finally speaks up. “I'd be the first to admit that most hollows can't be trusted.”

“Don't care,” Zaraki grumbles. “All I wanna know is how strong they are.”

“Five or six Vasto Lorde-level arrancar working together could destroy the Seireitei and all but the very strongest Captains would be powerless to stop it,” you state in no uncertain terms. “Halibel and Starrk here were each a reasonably close match for me... it's been a long time since we sparred, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was still true.”

“That means we'd die for sure,” Hitsugaya translates for the taller Captain. “I've seen Lady Kusajishi fight, so I know.”

"Don't they have any weaknesses?" Suì Fēng asks, always the practical one.

You shake your head. "Of course, even we Captains do. But in terms of something universally exploitable? No. Nothing."

>One of you lucky bastards can do a demonstration spar. Volunteers only.
>That's it, unless there are any questions?
>Open up the floor to your Commandos, see what they have to say.
>Other?
>>
>>45274044
>>One of you lucky bastards can do a demonstration spar. Volunteers only.

Time to give Kenny a treat
>>
>>45274044
>Stare at Zaraki
>Nonlethal sparring.
>>
>>45274044
then
no kens alowd
>>
>>45274044
Eye Zaraki and smile.
I really wanna see some Appachi hollow magic.
>>
>>45274044

Gee, I wonder who would volunteer first?
>>
>>45274044
We DID promise him one.
>>
File: 1447128210917.jpg (62 KB, 251x560) Image search: [Google]
1447128210917.jpg
62 KB, 251x560
>>45274086
>no kens alowd
>>
>>45274107
No Kenpachis allowed during the spar cause he doesn't know how to hold back.
>>
>>45274044

Give Zaraki and Apacci a chance to have some fun. The nice thing about using Zaraki is we don't have to worry about him getting seriously injured.
>>
File: 1399481899772.jpg (27 KB, 160x255) Image search: [Google]
1399481899772.jpg
27 KB, 160x255
>>45274161
Really shouldn't be an issue for Tia, Stark, or Appachi. And he has been getting better at not being a total murderhobo.
>>
>>45274161
Eh, he's also hard to make stay dead, and since it's meant to be a friendly spar, interfering is fine. It might be a bit too risky though.

>>45274044
>Open up the floor
>>
>>45274044
>>One of you lucky bastards can do a demonstration spar. Volunteers only.
>>
File: 1376278963965.gif (749 KB, 500x258) Image search: [Google]
1376278963965.gif
749 KB, 500x258
>>45274044
“So, unless my Commandos have anything to add?”

Kai stands up after a moment. “Same rule applies as with menos: if you gotta fight an arrancar, never do it alone. Should go without sayin', but still.”

“Thanks, Kai,” you nod curtly. “Even Captains and Lieutenants should have backup available.”

“Then I'll take volunteers for a demonstration bout,” you announce, scanning the crowd. Only Zaraki's hand goes up, but it does so immediately.

“Anyone whose name ISN'T Kenpachi?”

Still no takers.

“Fine,” you sigh. “Come on, Kenny. Grab a bokken and we'll start this.”

“This is dumb,” Kenpachi complains, glaring at his wooden sword.

Apacci stands ready in a neutral, mid-high stance. “You still volunteered,” she observes. “So quit bitching and hit me.”

“You got it,” Kenpachi grins, aiming a powerful blow for Apacci's head. Surprisingly she doesn't bother to move from her ready stance, taking the first blow across her head in full. The wood splinters into a thousand bits immediately, while Apacci is unharmed.

She raises an eyebrow at her “sparring” partner and swings her own blade, shattering it across Zaraki's right temple to no effect.

Apacci looks down at the splintered handle and inch worth of blade in her hand with a look of mild annoyance. “Yeah, this whole concept kinda lost meaning, didn't it?”

“It's a little sad,” Kenpachi agrees, tossing his ruined weapon over his shoulder. “We fight seriously an' one of us is gonna die, which would suck. But fightin' like this... there's no stakes. It's boring.”

>Maybe a different match against Apacci?
>Hitsugaya, you want to spar with Halibel? She's quite good.
>Yachiru and Lilynette seem bored.
>Other?
>>
>>45274309
>>Hitsugaya, you want to spar with Halibel? She's quite good.
>>
>>45274309
>>Other?
Unleash Rikumania on all these jabroni's. We weren't doing as well in the Aizen fight as I would have liked.
>>
File: 1404838509862.jpg (204 KB, 927x1137) Image search: [Google]
1404838509862.jpg
204 KB, 927x1137
>>45274309
>Hitsugaya, you want to spar with Halibel? She's quite good.
>Yachiru and Lilynette seem bored.
Seeing HitsuGAYa job would make my night and cute girls doing murder-y things is my fetish.
>>
>>45274309

I can actually see Riku being crazy enough to try and play matchmaker with Zaraki and Apacci.
>>
>>45274309
>Other?

Try again more serious. We can intervene when it's about to become out of hand.
>>
>>45274309
>>45274386
Maybe, but Renji probably fits her better
>>
>>45274420
Second.
>>
>>45274309
Try not to kill one another, if it gets close I'll intervene
>>
>>45274437
I dunno, Kenny and Apacci would make a cute, if psychotic, couple. Plus, she might help him be a little less bloodcrazed, while he's help her hold onto her lust for battle even as she gains more compassion and reason from her hollow hole closing
>>
>>45274309
I don't know, I feel like fighting seriously should be reserved for serious situations. Knowing you're gonna be stopped before you die or kill still lowers the stakes. But I'm not sure how well anyone else would do.
>>
>>45274457
I don't think the option you voted for means what you think it means. Also it wouldn't do Kenpachi much good anyway.
>>
>>45274309
>writing
>coming up on the end for the night
>>
>>45274420
First to draw blood is the match condition. Stakes are winner gets to spar against Riku at full-blast in a safe zone.
>>
>>45274555
>Riku at full-blast in a safe zone.
>implying anywhere is safe when Riku goes full blast.
>>
>>45274573
By safe zone I mean, 'place where collateral damage only includes ruining the land in a 10mile radius without loss of life or property'
>>
File: whatisthiswedonteven.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
whatisthiswedonteven.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>45274309
“You know, I suspect you two can go at it with a little more honesty than that,” you sigh, rubbing at your temples. “Otherwise nobody here's gonna learn anything from it.”

Apacci draws her sword slowly, as if waiting for you to change your mind the whole time. “Alright, Lady Riku. If you insist.”

“So you're lettin' me have some fun after all?” Kenpachi muses. “Things're startin' to look up already!”

“You two are practically indestructible anyway,” you shrug. “And if anything goes wrong I can probably step in fast enough to tank the hit myself.”

“Get to it, before I change my mind.”

Without any further prompting Kenpachi charges in, his jagged blade arcing slowly towards Apacci. She simply uses her sonido to avoid the wide, single-armed stroke. Her own attack however is parried as Kenpachi uses his momentum to carry his sword-arm through, turning all the way around to face Apacci once more.

“You're fast,” Kenpachi growls approvingly as he takes another wild swing that Apacci easily avoids. “Guess I can't slack off now!”

“You,” Apacci agrees, raising her arm to stop the third attempt by Kenpachi to cut her, “have got no idea how right you are.”

Apacci leverages Kenpachi's still-nameless blade upwards and across her body, shifting her weight to land a massive kick to the Captain's ribs. Many of the assembled observers are stunned at the feat, and even you have to admit you never realized Apacci's hierro was that strong even unreleased.

>Instruct Apacci to show the observers her real skills.
>Explain as you go what techniques Apacci is using.
>Rukia's here. Go get her caught back up.
>Several arrancar and Captains are more or less free. Introduce them.
>Other?
>>
File: 1393999448371.jpg (47 KB, 318x413) Image search: [Google]
1393999448371.jpg
47 KB, 318x413
>>45274549
Pretty good run. Sup prized it went this long. Happy my insomnia decided to strike today.
>>
>>45274640
>>Several arrancar and Captains are more or less free. Introduce them.
>>
>>45274640
>>
>>45274640
>>
>>45274640
>>
>>45274640

Also doublecheck on Lilynette and Yachiru, they're probably goofing off together but we should make sure they aren't going to set anything important on fire.
>>
>>45274640
>>
>>45274662
HAH SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK, I STAYED UP ALL YESTERDAY AND TODAY FOR THIS! SLLEP SCHEDULE BE DAMNED!
>>
>writing
>final update for the night/morning/whatever
>>
>>45274798
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKTtUpDfj4Q
>>
>>45274662
I know that fox.
>>
>>45274640
You're inclined to leave them to it, and allow Rangiku to take over explaining the basics of what Apacci is using to deal with Kenpachi's admittedly powerful attacks. Instead, you wave over Starrk and Halibel to speak with some of the officers present.

“Seems the girl and Lieutenant Kusajishi are getting along,” Hitsugaya observes as Lilynette cracks a wooden sword against Yachiru's weapon. Seems the little Lieutenant said something to get under Lilynette's skin.

Starrk nods sagely. “Yup. I knew all she needed was someone with more energy than she's got. Solve all her problems right then and there.”

“So that second zanpakuto of yours, Captain,” Tetsuzaemon asks, looking over Rosa's sheath and handle. “Does it work more like an arrancar's zanpakuto?”

You give him a curt nod. “Yup. From what I can tell, at least. The strength of a Resurrección is really hard to estimate, but it seems she only has a single release state.”

“And this new arrancar?” Hinamori asks quietly. “The one that killed Captain Tōsen, where did it come from? How strong was it?”

“Arturo is an ancient, self-made arrancar,” you explain. “Last time he ran loose it took Yamamoto to organize a team to seal him. His powers massive.”

“And his zanpakuto?”

You frown, recalling what your wife reported. “According to Yoruichi he gains power when he kills and can shapechange.”

As Apacci briefly demonstrates her Resurrección, it strikes you that this whole process went smoother than you thought possible. But next, you remind yourself, comes the hard part: preparing for the war you know is coming.
>>
>>45274838
I really forget the manga she is from. Mind helping me out?
>>
>>45274901
Thanks for playing! Archived thread is currently up, and I plan to run a short thread tomorrow to start progressing into the next arc.

Since I've already dozed off twice in the space of the last update don't expect me to stick around and answer questions. But feel free to use Twitter/ask.fm, and in any event I'll be back tomorrow.
>>
>>45274917
All I remember is that shes stuck to the MC who can pull swords out of her tails.
>>45274930
Thanks for the run Queen
>>
>>45274901
Thanks boss. See ya next time. Also fuck Arturo.
>>
>>45274930
Thanks for running boss
>>
>>45274917
Imawabi no Dakini, it got axed pretty quickly which is a shame.
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.