[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 6
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Online charsheet:
http://howsfamily.net/Exalted
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Nigramancer Edition. Anyone tried converting Necromancy to 3E yet? Interesting ideas for Necromantic Initiations?

Pic only marginally related, mah nigras.
>>
>>45253667
Ah, "The Saddest Clown in Mexico".

Yes, he is very weepy looking, isn't he?
>>
>>45253667
>converting Necromancy to 3E
I thought the plan was that it would be Sorcery, but using a different environment's Essence. No need for new rules, but feel free to add a new Shaping Ritual or two.
>>
>>45254274
>I thought the plan was that it would be Sorcery, but using a different environment's Essence. No need for new rules, but feel free to add a new Shaping Ritual or two.
official intent is to make it something similar but different to sorcery. But yeah, it's a good approximation until necromancy comes out in 2158.
>>
>>45254274
What I heard was that they had a bunch of new ideas for it, and it was going to be 'more than 101 awful things to do to ghosts.'

I'm really interested in necromantic workings. If sorcerous workings are a 'do-anything' button, what will necromantic working be?
>>
>>45254385
>I'm really interested in necromantic workings. If sorcerous workings are a 'do-anything' button, what will necromantic working be?
'Do anything spooky' button, I guess. I'm not sure if Necromantic Workings should be that different mechanically from their regular sorcerous counterparts. Aside from any other considerations, Sorcerous Workings are so flexible and versatile that it's kind of hard to find very many things that necromancy should be able to achieve that sorcery can't also achieve. I don't think this is a huge problem - necromancy and sorcery doing similar things but feeling and looking different is fine with me. If differences are required, I'd make necromancy more narrow on scope but more powerful, or at least sort of more easily powerful, in some ways. Like, maybe if you're willing and able to sacrifice a bunch of people to use their blood and fear and suffering to power your Working, that could count as a Mean. It would be an easy way to get Means, and an advantage over Sorcery in some ways.
>>
>>45254498
>Aside from any other considerations, Sorcerous Workings are so flexible and versatile that it's kind of hard to find very many things that necromancy should be able to achieve that sorcery can't also achieve
Do you think that SW should be restricted or nerfed?
>>
>>45254785
Nah, I'm pretty happy with how the Sorcerous Workings work right now. Giving Necromantic Working some extra perks, maybe having necromancy's shaping rituals be more powerful, but also giving Necromancy some restrictions Sorcery doesn't have is more appealing to me.
>>
>>45253667
Kind of related to necromancy, what do people think about the description of the Underworld in 3E core? It's short and not exactly detailed, but the place seems pretty different from how it was in 2E. What would people like to see when we get more material on the Underworld, assuming that happens before mankind goes extinct?
>>
So chains of night (artifact chains that disable charm use and drain motes, basically one of the only safe ways of capturing an exalt) were 4 dots in 2e, would they still be about that level in 3e
>>
>>45258458

Probably. I'd also probably just focus on the mote-draining aspect. It amounts to the same thing in the end, but doesn't cause weirdness re: Permanent/no-cost Charms.
>>
>>45258458
I'm not sure 100% safe ways of capturing exalts should be a mass-produced thing.
>>
>>45254785
>disable charm use
What is this thing you call a charm?
>>
>>45258654
Good thing artifacts aren't mass produced then huh?
>>
>>45258654
>100% safe
Hehehe...
>>
>>45258654

you'd have to get the chains on them before they work, though

and that's really the hardest part of the battle if the exalt's already aware of what you're trying to do.
>>
>>45258654
Anything that drains your mote-battery dry and stops you from using charms binds literally any supernatural being in the world. Do the chains explicitly only work on Exalts or something?
>>
>>45259682

Spirits can just dematerialize; not a Charm and doesn't cost any motes.
>>
>>45259710
it does cost motes, half as many as materialising costs them.
>>
>>45259743

Ah right; I thought it was just relinquishing the Materialize Charm.

Either way Night manacles don't work fast enough to prevent them from dematerializing; they only lose 1 mote per 5 seconds/action, and don't actually prevent regeneration.

The no-Charms clause is the important part, and it only really stops Exalts because they rely on Charms to do EVERYTHING superhuman about them.
>>
>>45259682
>Do the chains explicitly only work on Exalts or something?
They don't, but are fluffed as being made mostly for them, since you can imprison a spirit with occult charms.

Also, spirits powerful enough to bother with the manacles may actually manage to just break them. Powerful spirits have crazily inflated strength/raw damage and the manacles have only soak 20.
>>
>>45259710
>>45259743
>>45259798
>>45259826

Alright, so...Elementals and Exalts, then.

Has anyone actually put together any kind of list for how much soak/anything common objects have in 3E? There's already charms to help you break things gud, but haven't seen much information on how tough anything actually is in that book.
>>
>>45259963

Objects don't have soak or health levels unless they're ships/vehicles, just a FoS difficulty to break.

Which lines up with all the break-things-good Charms not caring about health levels, that I can remember. Even the Brawl "break things" Charm is actually a feat-of-strength check, just worded weird.
>>
>>45259963
>Elementals and Exalts, then.
powerful Elementals can dematerialise, too.
>>
>>45260038

In their case it actually is a Charm though, because elementals are naturally material. Same reason an Exalt with Dematerialize wouldn't be able to escape.
>>
How well can a Dawn train an army or fight a war when he has no points in War?
>>
>>45262432
Rather terribly.
>>
>>45262432
Very very poorly. About as well as a normal human with no skills related to training an army or fighting a war.
>>
>>45262540

This.

To be fair training in 3e has taken an excessive nerf bat.
>>
>>45264984
>To be fair training in 3e has taken an excessive nerf bat.
has it? There's no rules regarding it, but I don't remember there being any training rules in e2, either.

Unless you mean training charms?
>>
>>45265060

Really anything to train your own soldiers.

Hell even in 3e it was vague as fuck on non-charm training. Only in CRM did we get something remotely resembling training people with mundane methods.
>>
>>45265690
I mean, do you really need an actual system for that? Just increase their combat abilities until they reach soldier-levels
>>
File: three coffins.png (177 KB, 320x462) Image search: [Google]
three coffins.png
177 KB, 320x462
>>45265866
>do you really need an actual system for that?
>>
>>45265690
these are the training times required to increase your stats as a PC
I'd say it would take two or three times longer for regular mortals, with successes on a training roll, and a good stunt (aka 80's montage) reducing the time/allowing multiple stats to be trained at the same time
>>
>>45269356
i can't post the picture because chinese internet but the table is on page 178 of the backer core
>>
>>45265060
>Unless you mean training charms?

Yeah he does. 2e let you turn a rabble of illiterate peasants into Navy SEALs with law degrees who were also wizards, in about the time it took for your ST to determine that there were really no loopholes.

I'm kinda sad they're gone, because nation-building a best, but this really makes those stories work better in the long run, because you have to actually work for the goal instead of pushing the wish-fulfillment button.
>>
>>45259798
>The no-Charms clause is the important part, and it only really stops Exalts because they rely on Charms to do EVERYTHING superhuman about them.
These are 3e Solars we're talking about here. They don't even really have charms, just pure awesomeness, skill, and essence.

Remove the essence and they're more manageable. Somewhat. Usually. See the story of Samson.
>>
Thread's OP is actually relevant to my interests, because I'm making a character for an upcoming Abyssal game right now, and I need character art.

My character uses White Reaper style and wields a soulsteel grimscythe, with a suit of soulsteel articulated plate that's shaped to look like a skeleton with an evocation that makes it sprout black "robes" as part of it's effect. As you can probably tell by now, I'm going for a grim reaper theme. If anyone has character art they're willing to share, I'd appreciate it. Doesn't have to match the stuff with the armor either, so long as he's wielding a scythe in the pic I'm good.
>>
How fast can I go using Racing Hare method? The stupid system is a bit too abstract. I really want to move place to place in advance and scout out areas but it's hard to understand how good the charm is when 3 range bands per turn is abstract as fuck.
>>
>>45273765

3 range bands per turn is enough to go from where you are to "so far away you can't even shout" (long range), so a couple hundred feet in 5 seconds, give or take?
>>
>>45273765
>>45273797

Sorry, I'm dumb, out to MEDIUM range, which is still "far enough that an archer (or gunslinger) cannot hit you with a quick shot," so still more than 100 feet, and thus more than 20 feet per second.

Using combat movement to measure non-combat movement literally isn't the way I'd go, though.
>>
>>45273797
That sounds like 34 miles an hour. That's really shitty.
>>
>>45273821
Yes. I know. I feel like they really REALLY need to fix that charm when it's outside of combat. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>45273829
>That's really shitty.
>traveling faster than literally any mode of transportation available to people of the era, for hours at a time, as an Essence 2 Charm
>really shitty
>traveling 50% faster than Usain's Bolt SPRINT SPEED for hours at a time
>really shitty
>>
>>45273867
I'm still just used to 2e where it was x hundred miles once you got past a certain point. My only issue with the charm is that there's no charm that advances past it. A solar should at least be able to move faster than any animal.
>>
>>45273895
>A solar should at least be able to move faster than any animal.

Well, you can at E5, where you get to set your speed to "as fast as you +1."

But more likely a Charm to make cheetahs look like so much hot shit in a blender would be E3, where the real power is.
>>
>>45273765

It travels at the speed of plot.
>>
>>45273867

That's shit and you know it.

Even 2e had a solid base speed that was well codified. especially for a charm that was near the introduction levels.

I'm not proposing doing something like running at sonic speed at Essence 1-2, what I'm saying is making the speed charm worth taking, especially since Ride is far more efficient at the long range travel at times.
>>
>>45274607

Except 30 miles an hour fucking obliterates horses (a whopping 4mph if they plan on actually getting anywhere), even with Ride Charms (which averages about a ~6x multiplier for its one and only overland travel booster; nothing special).
>>
>>45274607
But it *is* worth taking. It already lets you cross long distances several times faster than any other human can. Probably faster than any animal can, too - some animals might have a higher top speed than a Solar with Racing Hare Method, but I doubt any animal could keep up that speed for hours. It's a Charm that lets you outrun anyone non-magical and most creatures who are magical. That's impressive enough for one Charm. The only reason the speed might seem slow is because we're used to modern modern of transportation. Comparison to these isn't really relevant when it comes to Exalted, though.
>>
Since we were on the subject of necromancy, how would one animate a corpse in 3e?
>>
>>45275052

The funny thing about Exalted was that, the more of this stuff you read, the more you realized it was barely necessary. I remember something like the Underworld, where most of the stuff was like "Oh, this place is spooky. And this place is supremely spooky. Here is a literal rape-palace."

Then you think "Hey, I could take most of them. It won't even be difficult." A starting Exalted can facepunch every single one of the threats in nearly all the books.
>>
>>45253667

Funny question: Is there ANYTHING to actually do in the First Age? Like, let's say a starting Circle of Solars, who've reincarnated at more-or-less the same time.

> "Hey, apparently we were great pals in the Primoridal War."
> "I won't know, I didn't survive it."

After the basic training and so on - What do you actually DO in the First Age? Like, there are close to 300 other heroes in the area. (Most of them more powerful than you.) There is nothing you can do that the others can't handle, and more easily.
>>
>>45275122
>There is nothing you can do that the others can't handle, and more easily.

But why would they bother? This is like saying why become a defense attorney when there are already better lawyers who can represent people? It's true, but those lawyers charge $500/hour so aren't going to bother taking Steve the Pervy Postman's case.
>>
>>45275122
>>45275122
At any given time there are catastrophies, tyrants, gods, and situations the others may not know about. There are also weaker hereos and dragonblooded that can't cope with a lot of stuff.

Just because there are many heroes doesn't man they're going to drop everythign and rescue everyone. They have as many - f not more - issues to cope with that the PCs aren't powerful enough to cope with yet.

That's like saying just because there are over a million cops in the world, there can't be any crime.
>>
>>45275235
Why are all the feats of strength charms so expensive? Up until Legion Auroch's method you're spending a fortune to do any real heavy lifting.

At essence 3 you're spending 9m for +3 strength, 5m for rerolling non-successes and 4m for +(up to 8) non-charm dice and that's before the 7m full excellency. How often is lifting something going to be worth all of those motes? If you're using Sledgehammer Fist Punch that's another 5m.
>>
>>45277421
>How often is lifting something going to be worth all of those motes?

Not very often, unless you're playing a guy who goes around lifting truly outrageously big things.

Which you might very well tend to be if you're that deep in the Lifting Shit part of the Athletics tree.
>>
>>45277458
I might very well be tempted to go that far into the Lifting Shit part of the Athletics tree, if I could do it without my caste-mark showing. It's basically impossible to lift or break heavy things in combat until you get Nine Aeon's Thew, by which point it has become a lot cheaper.
>>
>>45275099
What?
>>
I'm sticking for encounters to throw my party at as they venture through the Underworld. Other than abyssals what is going to be an interesting challenge for a party of five celestial exalts?
>>
>>45277544

I mean that a lot of stuff is unnecessary. What do you need corpses for? Even Necrotech is generally unnecessary. A small group of Celestial Exalted just tears through all that stuff like a hot knife through butter.

Even if you need a big army or something, that's really more of a background thing. You could raise an army ANYWHERE.
>>
I'm sure I saw someone calculate how strong a solar would be with all the feats of strength charms somewhere, but I can't find it with google.

Any suggestions for search terms?
>>
>>45277663
Ghosts of ancient pre-human species. Things that have been dead for so long they've forgotten what they were. Nephwracks. Escaped necromantic experiments. Ancient war-ghosts warped beyond human form by self-improvement.
>>
>>45277663

Well, don't think of it as a dungeon crawl so much as a series of adventures. You could always meet First Age Solar Ghosts, the Green Lady, undercover Sidereals, some Underworld Gods, agents of the Dual Monarchs, some bizarre spectre Ampheloski where innocent ghosts are being dragged into the Labyrinth (And is in need of a damn good uprising), ancient artifacts, something to do with a PC's previous incarnation, and so on.

Then you can have stuff like two ghostly cities regularly have a duel once a year - except the city that always loses now wants to break the deadlock, and they're desperate to find a champion. Then you have stuff like a big city that's constantly re-enacting a festival and the PCs can join in, that kind of thing.
>>
>>45277699
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/753738-today-we-throw-a-mountain
>>
>>45277686
Because I wanna know how to raise a corpse as a necromancer to do my bidding? Literally "because I want to"
>>
I'm actually looking at Sledgehammer Fist Punch, and it has clearly been written for a different system. It talks about how it's 'neither withering nor decisive' and how it adds (strength) automatic successes to the damage roll - but what damage roll? Breaking things is clearly a feat of strength roll, you don't roll damage you just make a strength+athletics roll.

What should SFP actually do?
>>
>>45253667
Did anyone ever try to port Hollows/Arrancars to Exalted?
>>
>>45275099
>A starting Exalted can facepunch every single one of the threats in nearly all the books.
The last guy who thought that is now a skull hanging from Octavian's belt, and that was much more than an starting Exalt.
>>
>>45279138
>Did anyone ever try to port Hollows/Arrancars to Exalted?
A good start would be explaining what the fuck those are.
>>
>>45279220
And following that, explain what about them you want porting to Exalted.
>>
>>45279220
Hollows are sort of like anti-souls or empty souls created by spiritual imbalance and the predation of extant hollows. There's a hole in their spiritual makeup that deranges them to some degree and they hunger for the souls of others. Arrancar are the most powerful variety. An arrancar is a hollow that started off as a sub-sentient behemoth thing, ate a shitload of other behemoths, evolved into a (generally) much smaller and more powerful form, and then evolved even further by binding most of its power into an artifact that acts as an extension of itself. Arrancar are run-for-your-lives-tier for most people in the setting.
>>
>>45279711
>>45279283
>>
>>45279711
Just use Deathlords.
>>
>>45279907
Deathlords can basically destroy the world and were granted their power by the Neverborn. Arrancar are merely the most powerful naturally occurring ghosts in their setting, albeit this does mean some of them can wipe out a city without much difficulty. The Underworld could be made more interesting through their incorporation as servants of the Deathlords that are, for the moment, more powerful than any Deathknight. Arrancar have interesting powers and represent a cause, aspect, or result of death. They're flavorful.
>>
>>45279975
>Deathlords can basically destroy the world
Not in Ex3. They're just powerful ancient ghosts now. Deathknights will eventually be more powerful than them.

Deathlords are goth-King Arthur and the Deathknights are goth Lancelot and Galahad.
>>
>>45279220
Bleach shit.
>>
>>45280061
>Not in Ex3
Or in previous editions, unless we're not interested in NPCs behaving sensibly. They want to destroy the world. If they could do so without preparation, then they would have already.
>>
>>45279975
So they are ghosts. They are what old, powerful ghosts who have been dead so long and adapted to the Underworld so well that they can't really be considered reflections of their living selves anymore should be as a matter of course.
>>
What is the limit to the Teodozija hive-mind memory? Could I send one to fight a local warlord to the death, then summon another to interrogate it about the warlord's fighting techniques in order to gain an advantage when I do fight him in person?
>>
>>45280061

>Not in Ex3. They're just powerful ancient ghosts now.

Honestly while I did not like the Deathlords being supersolbyssals, I did like the idea of them having something like BBEG stats. Going against one was often an instant death sentence for any group at essence 1. Even an Essence 5 group should have a hard as hell time not only against them personally, but all the resources they can bring to bear.

They should be as strong as Third Circle Demons, if not a bit stronger at the very minimum.
>>
>>45280491
Yes you could. Also if the warlord is not an Exalt, the teodozjia will likely rekt their shit, since they are actually pretty powerful fighters in their own right.

In 2e they rolled Int + Lore at diff 4 to access the memory/information with 6 dice for the roll and Third Excellency to use on it. So more or less they could do it on one roll. In 3E the difficulty would likely be around 2/3 since demons dont really have excellencies anymore.
>>
File: caf61f9b159603b4f0d8714c9b2d69dc.jpg (684 KB, 2531x1930) Image search: [Google]
caf61f9b159603b4f0d8714c9b2d69dc.jpg
684 KB, 2531x1930
>>45279220
Hollows are monstrous hungry ghosts that eat the souls of other beings to gain power, until they evolve so much they regain a measure of sentience, and then a measure of humanity.

Arrancar are hollows that were forced (artificially) to take human shape, gaining power in the process.

It's a great idea for an exalted setting. It ties quite nicely into the Essence system. Hollows would be quite at home into the Underworld, and Arrancars could serve be created by, and serve as lieutenant for, Deathlords.
>>
>>45280699
>They should be as strong as Third Circle Demons, if not a bit stronger at the very minimum.
13 Third Circle demons in creation is retarded. 13 people more powerful than Third Circle demons with a grudge against creation is double-retarded.
>>
File: MjAxMy02ZTdkYjMwYzc5NDY4NThl.png (41 KB, 420x294) Image search: [Google]
MjAxMy02ZTdkYjMwYzc5NDY4NThl.png
41 KB, 420x294
>>45281457
>13 Third Circle demons in creation is retarded.
Good things they aren't in creation then!
>>
>>45281481
They can trivially enter creation backed by massive armies. Many of them want to do so. Are you going to miss the point some more, or do you realise how stupid this would be?
>>
>>45281481
They aren't in creation, but nothing is stopping them from taking a leisurely stroll into Creation beyond essence constraints.
>>
>>45281553

I thought it was because all of their power, it was because they were still ghosts and would force dematerialize in sunlight. It doesn't matter how much your motepool is, but constantly rematerializing will be a massive dent in your pool.
>>
>>45280699
Deathlords are a fuckton more interesting as lords and patrons. They wield political power, lead armies and have Abyssals to do their bidding. The BBEG fight should be the Deathlord's Abyssal champion and a bunch of Nephwracks led by the Deathlord.
>>
>>45281610
If you're Third Circle Tier, then "One night" is about enough time to level a city.
>>
>>45281696

A region if you're really trying and/or it plays to your strengths.
>>
>>45281731

I find a region really stretching it myself.

>>45281627

Than you and I have different opinions and that's that.

Personally I find people saying Deathlord's shouldn't exist are just bitching about something stronger than most Essence 1-5 exalts existing in the first place. Besides you can still easily rig things. Just say that the Deathlord's can't leave the Underworld for some reason.
>>
File: moelord.jpg (299 KB, 1000x689) Image search: [Google]
moelord.jpg
299 KB, 1000x689
>>45281696
Deathlord don't care if they can level a city overnight, because they don't plot to level a particular city overnight. When one Deathlord does care enough though, well, he does level a particular city in a very small amount of time (see Thorns).

Remember: the Deathlords are not sure they can win an all-out war against Heaven and the Realm. They plot and plot clever plans because those have far more chance of working than, say, going to a random city in the middle of nowhere and blowing it up. They can. Some already did. They usually don't, because it would be stupid.
>>
>>45281811
>Deathlords not all being based off Neph's Essence 7 Final Boss statblock in 1E == Deathlords not existing

Yeah, I can see how you could confuse those two positions.

"Deathlords are 3CD in tier" literally didn't even enter the fanbase's consciousness as a solid idea until Neph statted Falafel (AFTER getting a huge power boost from busting into Autochthon) in one of his personal campaigns.
>>
>>45281811
Can you at least argue against someone who exists? Nobody is saying that Deathlords shouldn't exist, people just think Deathlords as you envision them are stupid and shouldn't exist.

>When one Deathlord does care enough though, well, he does level a particular city in a very small amount of time (see Thorns).
Which was taken with siege weaponry, abyssals and plague along with the Juggernaut. Not because Mask of Winters is super powerful.

The siege of Thorns is exactly what Deathlords should be capable of. They should wield these forces they shouldn't be able to just do without them.
>>
>>45280699
What I'd like to see are Deathlords who are ridiculously powerful in the Underworld, less powerful in shadowlands and maybe around as powerful as 2CDs - still very impressive but not apocalyptic threats on their own - in the Creation.
>>
>>45281877

Mainly because they were not even statted. 1e FAFL was a joke as well.

If you want an example of what I think a Deathlord would be statted like, see Viator of Nullspace from the 2e Autochtonian compass. That thing is powerful as all hell and easily a match for an entire circle, but at the same time not completely invincible (He can be brought down by a properly specced circle) nor omni-applicable in skills.

Hell, he even has dail a difficult. You can basically decide to use "all the spirit charms" on him as mentioned in the compass, but even with his own personal charms he's terrifying.

Something VERY powerful in its own right, something that can and will smack down Essence 1-2 exalts with ease, but at the same time isn't all-powerful with Creation-shattering kicks so they need to pick and choose their allies and enemies carefully.
>>
>>45282050
>Viator of Nullspace

The Viator of Nullspace is 3CD tier, though. He canonically slapped TED and made it its bitch.
>>
>>45282050
>Something VERY powerful in its own right, something that can and will smack down Essence 1-2 exalts
I don't think anyone should be able to smack down Essence 1-2 Exalts with ease. SmackĀ“king them down is all well and good, even being able to take on an entire Circle of Exalted is acceptable, but it shouldn't be easy. Like, Exalted shouldn't be invincible, they don't even have to always be the best, but they should always be relevant, even when they're young and inexperienced - assuming that they're playing to their strengths rather than trying to do something that falls completely outside their skillset, of course.
>>
>>45282119

Yea that's roughly where I'd want Deathlords to be as well, as Vance said Viator is basically a Deathlord/3CD that is sanely statted and I agree with him on that aspect.

>>45282194

Smacking them down in Exalted 2.Xe good sir. Good look at Viator, and I can say that outside of stupid minmax builds like the XP-virtue abuse Fiend that he is going to rip apart most chargen characters, hell even if you the Essence raising rules from 3e and port them to 2.5e you still most likely win.

In 3e this is going to be far harder, but still going to be tipped in the Deathlord's favor as often you simply won't have enough charms/resources in order to stand up against them in a prolonged battle. It's the same as 2.Xe in a sense that a lot of people said that unless you where seriously minmaxed, fighting a 3CD specialized in fighting meant you brought an entire circle, same thing with one focused in social combat.
>>
>>45281196
>Also if the warlord is not an Exalt
It's a Lunar, and the ST is trying very hard to make it look like it's not Ma-Ha-Suchi.

>In 2e they rolled Int + Lore at diff 4 to access the memory/information with 6 dice for the roll and Third Excellency to use on it.
That doesn't look like it'd have good chance of success. But hey, I'll take what I can get.
>>
>>45282589
Well basically they are rolling 14 dice at worst case scenario of no successes on first roll and basic level stunt. And since 3-4 dice equals around 2 successes its actually quite likely.

But yeah, if the doglionthing isn't really willing to actually try bringing up the information, its going to sometimes succeed.
>>
>>45282690
>14 dice
Third Excellency only allows you to reroll, it doesn't add anything except to static values.
>>
>>45282895
Ah yes, was too stuck on 3E and how shitty the third excellency was. Remembered it allowed to reroll non-successes but it was just reroll all and see which one to use.

Well, with 2x7 dice one of those should statistically turn out with around 4 successes. But yeah, worse than I thought. They DO have 9 willpower so autosuccess or channeling Conviction/Valor for 5 additional dice is quite likely.

Damn, actually going through the old mechanics I don't miss 2e basic mechanics one bit.
>>
>>45281842
>Deathlord don't care if they can level a city overnight
FaFL wants to destroy Gem to make a better shadowland.
>>
>>45258654
>Kind of related to necromancy, what do people think about the description of the Underworld in 3E core? It's short and not exactly detailed, but the place seems pretty different from how it was in 2E. What would people like to see when we get more material on the Underworld, assuming that happens before mankind goes extinct?
Fortunately, artifacts can't be mass-produced.
>>
Sup /exg/

In your opinion, what is the best choice of artifact to complement a socially oriented character relying on Manipulation in 2e?

Bonus point if it can be covered into moonsilver tattoos artifact but that's not mandatory.
>>
>>45283626
whats the point of factory cathedrals, magitech has a whole and anything that has to do with the first age then?
>>
>>45284575
>whats the point of factory cathedrals,
Presumably to build really big, complex, or difficult artifacts, now.

>magitech has a whole
Magitech was never one iota more mass-producible than regular artifacts. If anything it was LESS so, because the only difference between a magitech artifact and a non-magitech artifact was the former had a Repair rating slapped onto it, which meant every new magitech widget you pumped out was an increase in your maintenance costs.

>and anything that has to do with the first age then?
"The First Age was wondrous and home to glories never seen before or since" does not say to me "the First Age was a place where roads were paved with daiklaves," it says to me "the First Age was a place where bigger, badder, better singular wonders existed."
>>
>>45284575
Artifacts can still be mass-produced; even if you just go by the rules, a decently invested Solar Craftsman will churn out artifacts with incredible ease that flies against everything the devs have actually said about the intent of Nu-Craft. Which is...troubling.

There's also still generic artifacts in the book as-is; Hearthstone Bracers are still artifacts. Yasal Crystals. Traveller's branches. Belts of Shadow Walking. All referred to in the plural.

The only difference is that when you have a high-tier artifact weapon or armor, it's expected to have a name and a theme to base a series of evocations from, if you're inclined to learn any evocations at all. You can still have a Daiklave that's just a Daiklave.

Honestly, we're in an annoyingly muddy in-between; still mass-producable but pretending they're not, with all the clash between fluff and in-play that'll produce.
>>
>>45284434
Ignored, really?
Is it because you guys don't play the social side too much?
>>
>>45284434
>>45285857

2E didn't really have much for social artifacts. Other than the Crown of Thunders and the Mask in core I literally can't name one that centered around making you a better socialite.
>>
>>45285887

Wait there was also that forked tongue thing in Infernals. I don't remember what it did but I know it was Manipulation-y.
>>
>>45285887
Trinket of Dignified Conduct in Alchemicals.
>>
>>45285857
>>45285887
There were plenty of Appearance boosters, tho. Like the Raptor Wings (or was it the other ones, can't remember) and the Artifact clothing conjuring thing (Amulet of Resplendent Apparel or somesuch). You could get quite ridiculous levels of Appearance with all of them.
>>
>>45284575
>whats the point of factory cathedrals,
presumably, they don't exist in 3rd ed
>magitech has a whole
that term isn't used in 3rd ed
>and anything that has to do with the first age then?
we don't know anything about the first age as of 3rd edition, aside from the fundamentals
>>
>>45288278
This is actually a very good idea. I'll look into it right now
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.