[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 32
File: Skarbrand.jpg (690 KB, 1660x1076) Image search: [Google]
Skarbrand.jpg
690 KB, 1660x1076
>resources
pastebin.com/P7jvSR5p

Skarbrand the Best edition
>>
>>45246163
Unknown.
He dies hilariously messily and then Archaon rapes his soul, but what's left does discorporeate back to Azyr.

I assume that he will live but will be tainted deeply. Combined with the sinister hints about the Anvils of Heldenhammer I hope Chaoscast are on their way.
>>
File: Target Audience.png (210 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Target Audience.png
210 KB, 500x500
>>45246209
Second for Memes
>>
File: Spurdmar XDDDDDDD.png (378 KB, 833x463) Image search: [Google]
Spurdmar XDDDDDDD.png
378 KB, 833x463
>>45247136
more memery
>>
>>45246315
I'm not sure if I like the idea of chaosmarites. It depends on how it's done, but I like the idea of the stormcast turning into emotionless automatons better.
>>
>>45247977
>I like the idea of the stormcast turning into emotionless automatons better.

Like rubric marines from W40K
>>
>>45248032
>stormcast turning into emotionless automatons

The problem is, what if Nagash let them reforge? Or Sigmar find a way to restore their soul?
>>
File: 34yHM2kiqAM.jpg (608 KB, 1217x2160) Image search: [Google]
34yHM2kiqAM.jpg
608 KB, 1217x2160
Lord-Celestant Vandus discorporated in terrible slow motion, his mutilated remains blazing with blue energies. Every vein, artery and organ was visible to the hosts below, glowing bright and unravelling as Azyr claimed its due.

There was a collective moan of dismay and disbelief from the Hammers of Sigmar below; none could believe their blessed leader had been so violently slain. Above the cries of horror, Archaon laughed loud, his deep bass voice given the timbre of a dread storm by the raging magical energies of Kronus Peak. The Everchosen reached into the lightning that poured slowly from Vandus’ insubstantial corpse, letting the spirit-energies play over his fingers. Pink sparks leapt wherever Archaon’s touch threaded the stuff of the Lord-Celestant’s soul.

A long moment passed, and those energies that had once been Vandus vanished into the aether. Another moment, and the Slayer of Kings took Calanax’s head from his neck in a burst of blinding white energy. Dorghar screamed in triumph, winging high to revel in his master’s supremacy.
>>
>>45249207
>took Calanax’s head from his neck
NO! Calanax, NO! Vandus deserve a horrible end, but not the adorable Calanax.
>>
File: image.png (6 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6 MB, 1536x2000
What the fuck is this then?
>>
File: ne brutal.gif (34 KB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
ne brutal.gif
34 KB, 356x200
>>45249207
>>
>>45247977
I don't understand why they weren't that way to begin with? Isn't an army of unthinking, emotionless robots EXACTLY what Sigmar would need to fight chaos?

Why would he build them with emotions when he could have totally uncorruptible soldiers?
>>
>>45251085
Because Sigmar is the good guy and thinks that emotion and humanity are not only virtues to uphold but necessary to fight an enemy who seeks to corrupt them.
>>
>>45249207
Well, that's what you get for charging a 24 wound pile of bullshit as a 7 wound dude with a mediocre weapon.
Serves him right, it'll be a learning experience.
Also, the Celestant-Prime better hope there will be a lot of room to fall back and shoot Archaon when they will inevitably clash. Because otherwise that will be a damn short battle.
>>
>>45247977
A key reason why marines in 40k fall to choas is because they don't fully understand it

Stormcast do combined with not wanting anything to do with choas

Anyway choas has there counterparts of stormcast
>>
>>45251240
>Serves him right, it'll be a learning experience.
Now I'm picturing him returning to azyr and sigmar being all "what did we learn today?" in the most patronising way possible. Malerion when? Sigmar's too much of a goody two shoes for proper snark.
>>
>>45249207
>More Archaon pandering

Hooray, this totally exciting and new.
>>
>>45251347
Hey, at least he's doing something now instead of the reader just being told how awesome he is while he's handling things off-screen. It's a step forward...
>>
>>45250223
Home of the bronze dragons.
>>
>>45249207
Damn. Bad picture of a bad model.
>>
>>45251347
It is exciting and new. Previously he sat on his throne in the chaos wastes and did precisely fuck all. Maybe glower a lot, I guess.
>>
>>45247136
>>45247245
Keep crying you virgin poorfags.
>>
>>45250223
Wait, wasn't the well of time the hole tzeentch threw kairos? Wasn't it in his room or something?
>>
Any good fluff from the vampire side in the book? Besides that picture with Nef and Arkhan, any sign of Mannfred?

I've heard rumours that the Undead are going to be the next AoS faction, so I wanted to see if there was any merit there
>>
>>45251728
The only rumour this way is this.
>>
So how did the Balance of Power book went?
>>
>>45252064
check last thread for the art, a lot of sigmarines fighting khorne but there's some other interesting stuff there
>>
>>45251592
now THIS is a meme
>>
So I'm a bit new to age of sigmar. I've been wanting to paint up a warrior's of chaos army for a long time now. I've noticed the woc have been split into a bunch of sub factions. Can I mix and match units as long as they are part of the same grand allience?
>>
>>45252757
Technically you can even mix the Grand Alliancen.
There are no "Armies" anymore.
Play the models you like.
>>
File: le sweating negro lad.gif (2 MB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
le sweating negro lad.gif
2 MB, 375x375
>YFW you can get into Warmachine for the cost of 5 Stormcast Liberators©
>>
>>45252879
>Warmachine battlegroup
>3 models for £30
>Stormcast liberators
>5 models for £30
gj, captain maths.
>>
>>45252757
Most players stick to grand alliance systems and most comps are based either around subfactions or the grand alliances.
>>
>>45249207
This made me sad. Was there even a fight?
>>
File: 1318516525082.gif (3 MB, 308x401) Image search: [Google]
1318516525082.gif
3 MB, 308x401
>>45252879

>MFW Warmachine
>>
File: 1454727973739.png (4 MB, 1658x1088) Image search: [Google]
1454727973739.png
4 MB, 1658x1088
So, anons why rats have peepholes only in six realms out of eight? I could understand excluding of chaos, but what about another one?
>>
>>45253382
They don't have one in Ulgu, interesting.
>>
>>45253140
Vandus tried, but Archaon wasn't in the mood for it after Vandus was rude to him and so just annihilated him.
>>
>>45253382
The Realm of Chaos is not one of the Eight Realms. Skaven have tunnels everywhere, including Azyr.
>>
>>45252879
That isn't fair anon. You know that WMH is expensive too.
a BG box won't get you far.
The difference is that you'll only need one BG, whilst you need how many boxes of sigmarines? 4? 5?
>>
>>45252085
Link to last thread?
>>
>>45253577
>The difference is that you'll only need one BG, whilst you need how many boxes of sigmarines? 4? 5?

You need as many as you want you retard.
>>
>>45253587

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/45222238/
>>
>>45249207
So is Vandus permadead?
>>
So is the chaos grand alliance book wort getting at all if you have the khorne battle tome or campaign books? I've also been looking at the end times collection they have on the gw store. Is that worth getting for the lore of you missed out on the event?
>>
>>45253602
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>45253752
Doubt it.
Though he's going to be all fucked up.
>>
File: image.png (5 MB, 3062x824) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 MB, 3062x824
Speaking of which do these StormCast have a name? I like there color scheme
>>
>>45253915

I suppose it's Maelsorm of Light Stormhost.
>>
>>45253002
4 models actually, and they're 'jacks, so they're of an okay size.

And WarmaHordes is an actual game, as opposed to "make rules and fluff up" AoS.
>>
>>45253915
>>45253998
Knights Excelsior.
>>
>>45254109
Goddammit they even sound like Space Marines.
>>
>>45254197

Imagine that. The "God Emperor" made "Thunder Warriors" to begin his "Great Crusade" to reunite the Mortal Realms after an extended period where the Mortal civilizations outside of Azyr were estranged from one another and Chaos ran rampant. Though I suppose he hasn't appointed a Warmaster so we're not full 40k yet. Now all we need is a rebellion from some of the "good guys" to screw everything up *cough cough* Nagash lol.

I don't think I need to keep going.
>>
>>45254510
>people still gobble this shit up
Why?
>>
>Other gods, too, felt the rising doom. Red eyes peered out of the mists of Ulgu, and deep in the Labyrinth of Light, another paused, sensing the looming import. Sigmar, watching from High Azyr, called back to the Heavens the one warrior he might send to the succour of Alarielle.

Who are the shrouded red eyed god and the figure in the Labyrinth of Light?
>>
File: it's-time.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
it's-time.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>45246209
averaging less than 3 post per hour

Only waiting for TW:WH to be the final nail in the coffin and embarrass GW in perpetuity.
>>
>>45254848
>Sigmar this, Sigmar that
Goddammit GW stop.
>>
>>45254848
Malerion and Tyrion or Teclis.
>>
>>45254848
That's from "Balance of power"?
>>
Speaking of Balance of Power... No upload yet?
>>
>>45254848
The shrouded one in Ulgu has got to be Malerion. The temple of light is maybe Teclis, and Sigmar is trying to call to Tyrion to go to Alarielle? Those would be my guesses, and it means aelf time is coming, not death, not orruks. Which makes me sad
>>
>>45255430

Not yet. Anon with the book promised to think about its uploading after he finish reading it.
>>
>>45255471
>it means aelf time is coming, not death

Death gets way bigger hints in Balance of Power.
>>
>>45255504
That's good to hear, I haven't read it yet. Thanks anon
>>
File: Shaggy pls.jpg (15 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Shaggy pls.jpg
15 KB, 500x333
>>45255471
>aelf
>aelf
>>>>>>
>>
>>45255634

Do you cringe every time you read about Eldar too?
>>
>>45255693
No, because Eldar weren't made up for copyright reasons.
>>
>>45255504
Like what? I haven't read it yet, but all I know is Neferrata's stuff with Nulahmia.
>>
>After the Battle of Burning Skies, the Dark Gods were displeased with the four greater daemons who had acted as their generals. Though Archaon had forced Sigmar to retreat to Azyr, the Everchosen served all the Chaos gods and none at all, so no single deity could claim the victory. This did not sit well with them, and they punished their generals according to their natures.

Archaon serves all the Chaos Gods and serves none of them?

Makes no sense, dawg.
>>
>>45255725
Introduces Nagash's quest to find and bind all of the Mortarchs to his will again.
The Nulahmia story ends with a Nagash dominated Neferata about to answer a Stormcast Herald's offer of alliance.
>>
>>45255753
He works for all four, but not for any one of them in particular. That way, Tzeentch can't go tease Nurgle about how his minions got rid of Sigmar, since it was Nurgle's guy too. this makes them angry since they want to one-up each other all the time but Archaon doesn't take sides other than his own. And refusing to take the unworthy Horned Rat's side, but that's just common sense
>>
>>45255849
>The Nulahmia story ends with a Nagash dominated Neferata about to answer a Stormcast Herald's offer of alliance.

Read that part.

Pretty sure he will give the same answer he gave in the Mannfred audiobooks.

Fuck off, Sigmar, you gutless traitor.
>>
I just realised I have 38 waywatchers. Ebay bargains are sometimes too hard to pass up...
>>
How do you think Khorgos Khuck feels about Archaon killing his husbando before him?
>>
>>45256384
Vandus is not dead. Just...tainted.

I hope Khul doesn't mind damaged goods.
>>
>Though his might is unparalleled, surpassing that of the most vaunted daemon kings, Archaon has never succumbed to the worship of one Chaos power in particular. Instead he seeks to take strength from them all, giving little but temporary service to his patrons in return – and the Dark Gods value the service of this mortal agent most highly. Not for Archaon the fate of the mewling, mutated Chaos Spawn, nor that of the diabolical Daemon Prince, powerful beyond measure yet bound to an immortality of servitude. The steel in Archaon’s soul is so strong he has walked the Path to Glory for thousands of years, leaving entire worlds dead in his wake – and still his body and mind remain whole

Archaon truly has mastered Chaos.
>>
>>45256449
Not yet. He foolishly walks a path without end.
>>
>>45256623
The Path of Glory is not meant to end. It's an endurance test. It's about how much conquest and glory he can accumulate before succumbing.

So far Archaon has tread the Path longer than any mortal champion and he has no plans of stopping. It's too fun and rewarding to quit.
>>
>>45256384
The Khuck will surely try to fight Archaon at some point to get senpai to notice him. I bet it will go swimmingly and with no downsides for him whatsoever
>>
>>45246209
So, whats happening with Nefereta? Last I heard some slaanesh loser was off to try and take her as his own
>>
>>45258155
She is Nagash's bitch.
>>
File: AoS.jpg (287 KB, 1177x899) Image search: [Google]
AoS.jpg
287 KB, 1177x899
Balance of Power battles. WARNING SPOILERS.

1-Treefolks and Stormcast vs Nurglites and Skaven

Result : Stormcast and treefolk victory. Nurglite were defeated and the Goddess Seed was planted. All that remains is defending her as she blooms. A side note is that the Nurglite Chaos Lord was reforged as a Stormcast after his death at the Hammer of Celestant Prime

2-Fyreslayers vs Skaven

Result : Fyreslayer victory. Though, the Skaven escaped with the Ur-gold and captives

3-Skarbrand vs the Seraphon

Result : Seraphon victory? I guess.The Seraphon objective was to prevent Skarbrand and his daemons from reaching the Everqueen. The Slaan sent starhost after starhost against Skarbrand. Skarbrand proved to be unstoppable and slaughtered them all. At the end all that remained was the Slann and Skarbrand. Realizing that he knew no spell that can destroy Skarbrand, the Slaan took another measure. The Slaan opened a portal that swallowed the charging Skarbrand and transported him elsewhere. With that done, the Slaan disappeared.

4-Fyreslayers and Stormcast vs Bloodbound (Also some Skaven along the way).

Result : Stormcast defeat. Just as the Stormcast were about to claim/destroy the Brass Chain, a portal opened and threw something at them. Guess what was it? It turns out the Slaan portal teleported Skarbrand to the Khornate fortress the Stormcast were storming, which happens to be his prison. With no Brass Chain binding him and having been cheated from his kill by the Slaan, Skarbrand vented his fury of the Stormcast and Fyreslayers. The Stormcast were ravaged and were forced to retreat out of there. Thanks Seraphon
>>
File: Archy5.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Archy5.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2000
>>45258299
5-Stormcast and Nefereta's Undead vs Slaaneshi Chaos host

Result : Stormcast victory. The Stormcast defeated the Chaos horde and achieved their objective by delivering their message to Nefereta and through her to Nagash. Nefereta's city was razed by the Slaaneshi horde and she lost her freedom as the newly risen Nagash forced her to submit to him. It was a bad day for her.

6-Stormcast vs Archaon and the Varanguard

Result : Archaon's absolute victory and completion of his objective and more. It was a brutal beatdown delivered by Archaon and the Varanguard. The Stormcast stood no chance and they were smashed, hacked, and stabbed to death. The battle was such a curbstomp that after murdering Vandus casually, Archaon did no take part in the battle directly, not wanting to sully his blade with the blood of lesser warriors.
>>
>>45253752
He's the main fucking character so unlikely
>>
>>45258417
Being Neferatta is suffering.
>>
>>45258642
Fucking character names, man
>>
>>45258293
As it should be. Bone daddy accepts no less. Also, any word of the karsteins?

>Nurglite Chaos Lord was reforged as a Stormcast after his death at the Hammer of Celestant Prime
>>
>>45258757
Just Mannfred being Mannfred.
>>
Having Sigmaries be immortal means they can be fallible

Unlike space marine characters who have to win every fight they are ever in, a stormcast can lose.
>>
>>45259055
Mannfred ran from a raging Nagash who promised that he will catch Mannfred and chain him to his throne.

You are imagining Mannfred in Slave Leia outfit
>>
>>45259104
Ah yes, defeat means nothing, and there's no chance of loss or danger. Truly a recipe for rousing fiction.
>>
>>45259187
I refuse to imagine that. Please don't make me.
>>45259199
This is what makes daemons boring.
>>
>>45259284
>This is what makes daemons boring
I didn't know anybody tried to make daemon-centric fiction.
>>
>>45259199
>defeat means nothing

The cost of Vandus's defeat was his harrowing torture and also Archoan's burying his past and gaming a supreme source of knowledge that brings him dangerously close to dragging the Realms to the Realm of Chaos.

Archaon's brutal crushing of the Hammers of Sigmar (The Bestest Stormcasts ever) echoed throughout the Realms, especially Azyr, and became the signal that he has finally returned to Realms and that there is nothing that can stop him. Let all despair!
>>
>>45259444
And that means absolutely nothing if the protagonists can't die. All you're telling me is "the stakes are totes high u guiz", but I ain't feeling it with immortal protagonists.
>>
>>45259482
It means a lot of things. The protagonists being immortal doesn't change the fact that the battles they are fighting have stakes.

For example, If the Stormcast failed to protect the Everqueen, then Nurgle's victory would be complete and the Realm of Life would forever be his. Sigmar would lose an ally and forever lose one of the Realms. The Stormcast being reforged in Azyr would not lessen that loss and the despair that comes with.
>>
>>45259574
But all I'm hearing is "bad stuff is happening", and that's hard to connect to.
If the defenders had lives, honor, friends and comrades on the line, I'd be able to connect and sympathize. But no, they're gonna live forever and so are their teammates.
>>
>>45258417
>Archaon

So who can stand up to him now? Is Sigmar himself going to have to return to the battlefield again and with him a $180 model? :^)
>>
>>45259616

So what, its the same for Space Marines. You know that GW isnt going to kill off Calgar, Draigo, Mephiston, Grimnar, ect. so - they are boring invincible heroes who overcome everything they face. You already know the end result before you start reading.

Stormcast keeps you on the edge of your seat because the fluff can go any way.
>>
>>45259616
Idea of the Stormcast is that they are martyrs returned back from the dead to perform an everlasting service which is to wage an unending war against a relentless foe where they will die and die again. Their humanity and sanity are on the line and they are prepared to pay that price. They already lost everything and they are prepared to to give more for the pyre of freedom.

If you cannot connect to that, then you are a soulless monster with not an ounce of heroism or nobility. And worse of all, you are Un-American

But anyways, Their battles have stakes as we can see their victories and defeats shape this dynamic setting for better or worse up to the final conclusion.
>>
>>45259699

Sigmar already pussied out of facing him.
>>
File: Be'lak.png (1 MB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Be'lak.png
1 MB, 600x800
>>45259699
No.

There is only one being who can stop Archaon.

Diederick Kastner

That or picture related.
>>
File: Lobster Dog.jpg (139 KB, 396x438) Image search: [Google]
Lobster Dog.jpg
139 KB, 396x438
>>45259726
Yeah, nah. I know they're not gonna kill the big guys like Dante and Calgar, it's foregone. But they can kill the little guys.
Space Marines die all the time, and GW just killed the Raven Guard Chapter Master not too long ago. But with Stormcast, if Brother Bobby dies holding a bridge to ensure your escape, he's gonna be waiting back at base. There's no heroic last stand, because there's no death.

tl;dr stop sucking GW's dick, AoS sucks.
>>
>>45259746
They have stakes, but no personal stakes.
If they lose, we're just gonna lose 'Realm of [Cliche Name here]', not beloved Brother Fred.
>>
>>45259790
>Space Marines die all the time, and GW just killed the Raven Guard Chapter Master not too long ago. But with Stormcast, if Brother Bobby dies holding a bridge to ensure your escape, he's gonna be waiting back at base. There's no heroic last stand, because there's no death.

And little Stormcast guys were perma-killed in the fluff.

Like Vandus's friend whose soul was shredded by Khul's axe or Tarus whose soul was claimed by Nagash after he heroically went 1 vs 1 with the Great Necromancer.

So you have no point.
>>
>>45255721
More like fuck Tolkien, I like that name too.
>>
File: pls halp.gif (993 KB, 290x198) Image search: [Google]
pls halp.gif
993 KB, 290x198
>>45259852
If the big bad can just "lol haxx" then why do they even have immortality?
>>
>>45259827
>'Realm of [Cliche Name here]',

The Realms is what they are sent forth to defend. It's a personal crusade for them to rid their HOMELANDS from Chaos.

Also see (>>45259852) Stormcasts can be perma-killed and it has happened.

Even if they don't die, their comrades minds and souls are reduced with each reforging until they are nothing more than vengeful automations. A fate worse than death that awaits in all of its dreaded eventuality for all Stotmcast.
>>
>>45259907
So they're just Dreadnoughts, but not as cool?
>>
>>45259904
Most Chaos Warriors and daemons don't have the means to permakill them.

It's special characters and Greater Daemons that have the ability to permakill them. Also they can die forever if they go outside the range of Sigmar if they get drawn into the Realm of Chaos or fall into space like what happened in Quest for Ghaz Maraz.
>>
File: Metal Gear Animated 1.png (384 KB, 1024x624) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear Animated 1.png
384 KB, 1024x624
>>45259954
So unless the pet villain of that particular writer is in the room, they're fine? Kinda sucks, seems like a cheap way to make villains scary.
>>
>>45259616
Stormcast aren't true immortals, they can be killed.
Every time they are slain they lose a piece of themselves as well.
>>
>>45259980
Honestly, I can see that being kinda interesting. They're still a shit concept, but it might work, barely.
>>
>>45259699
Celestant Prime seems to be much stronger in fluff than he is in Crunch.

I'm betting he's going to cause Archaon to pussy out.

Him or Nagash.

You can tell because they're tying down all the plot points of this first campaign.

Next I am betting it's Aelves vs Undead.

Then Destruction.
>>
>>45259977
>So unless the pet villain of that particular writer is in the room, they're fine?

Not really, better than dead but they come back essentially brain-damaged.
>>
God you can tell each of Carnac's autistic posts by all the puffing and pseudo-grandeur he tries to throw out.
>>
>>45260056
Archaon beat Sigmar, so the Celestant Prime doesn't have much of a chance himself.
Archaon has beaten Nagash repeatedly.

Balance of Power has spelled it out, no force in the mortal realms can oppose Archaon at the moment.
>>
File: Lucas.jpg (53 KB, 615x356) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
53 KB, 615x356
>>45259787

>You were the only one who could defeat Chaos, Archaon. You were our last hope
>>
File: cosby_heathcliff.jpg (136 KB, 457x591) Image search: [Google]
cosby_heathcliff.jpg
136 KB, 457x591
I love how you idiots don't even play your shitty game you just talk about the fluff as if it matters. GW should have just made AoS a book series and not even pretended it was a game.
>>
>>45260118
>Typical Carnac post.

It's called the Plot Carnac. Just like how before we were told the Slaves to Darkness can never turn themselves from the path of chaos, and now we have the Celestant Prime able to just pomf people out of chaos.

Hell, all that "Anime" shit you spouted saw Gharl Maraz as something Archaon was hesitant about because it'll probably purify him or some shit.
>>
>>45260197
I'm not Carnac.
But to say the Celestant Prime or Nagash will make Archaon pussy out when he's had the better of both alreadyis silly, ESPECIALLY, when the path to his defeat was so obviously telegraphed in Balance of Power.
>>
>>45260161
>you idiots don't even play your shitty game
You should stop watching all 40 of us 24/7 mate, it's fucking creepy.
>>
>>45260245
>I'm not Carnac

You write like you're trying be the narrative to AoS, that's Carnac's stupid prose.

Archaon will pussy out because he's the big bad guy and this is just the first overarching plot.

We'll have him out of the way, probably off to his Skeletorqeuse mountain city to lick his wounds when he gets beaten and we have Nagash or some Orukk guy as our new big bad for the next storyline.
>>
Any more hints one aelfs in balance of power? Fyreslayer BT already teased the "shadowkin" and "shroudling Kings" of Ulgu who seem to be followers of malerion or morathi
>>
>>45260076
Do they lose a little bit every time, or is it one and done? I'm getting conflicting info.

So all I can gather is that they're quasi-immortal, extra-angst ripoffs of a double rippoff. A concept thoroughly devoid of creativity.
>>
>>45260304
>You write like you're trying be the narrative to AoS

No I don't. If I was trying to narrate it I would not mention the title of the book.

>Archaon will pussy out because he's the big bad guy and this is just the first overarching plot.

It doesn't make any sense for the big bad guy to pussy out. At all.
>>
>>45260342
They're basically like how Necrons work.

Each death erases a little bit more of their personality.
>>
File: 1403481790070.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1403481790070.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
>>45260342

son of bitch wants to lecture people about 'creativity' when he's probably playing his 20th iteration of MGS or Halo while posting this or told everyone on facebook how great Star Wars: TFA was. Get the hell outta here!
>>
File: Huh.jpg (301 KB, 740x1008) Image search: [Google]
Huh.jpg
301 KB, 740x1008
>>45260398
I'm getting too old for this shit. Has GW fallen this low?
>>
>>45260342
>Do they lose a little bit every time

Yes.

>A concept thoroughly devoid of creativity.

They're pretty creative in terms of Fantasy armies to be honest.

>>45260398
>They're basically like how Necrons work.

Necrons don't work like that, only the proto-Newcrons of the 5e rulebook did.
>>
>>45260342

It seems to be different for each Stormcast. Some didn't remember their past to begin with, some remembered it clearly. Some have been relatively unaffected by being killed and reforged while others, like Thostos Bladestorm (celestial vindicators celestant) were greatly affected. Ionus Cryptborn (hammers of Sigmar relictor) apparently volunteered to be a Stormcast. Seems like he is a defector from the realm of death.
>>
>>45260418
Uh, not really.
I'm currently reading The Book of the New Sun, if that counts for anything.
>>
>>45260388
Archaon is the Mum-ra of the AoS universe.

He'll be seen as an all powerful being, kick some ass I guess, then a magic weapon will blow him the fuck out and he'll retreat to his little hidey hole and we get the next bad guy.
>>
>>45260342
Right now they are mini-daemon princes with their humanity still intact. Each reforging takes a little bit of that humanity away. Once all that humanity is gone, you have generic daemons of sigmar. instead of former heroes, each stormcast would be no more unique than your average bloodletter.
>>
>>45260434
>They're pretty creative in terms of Fantasy armies to be honest
Please, they're "Totally not Space Marines", which are in turn "Totally not Sardaukar/Mobile Infantry".
They're a rip off of a rip off, if you will.
>>
>>45260480
>Please, they're "Totally not Space Marines"

As I said, pretty creative in terms of Fantasy armies.
>>
>>45260511
How can it be creative if it's a rip-off?
I think the word you're looking for is "unusual" which would be sorta correct.
>>
>>45260480
>They're just the Einherjar painted up in Roman Decals
>Just like how Sigmar is Odin painted up in Roman Dectals
>And how Azyrheim is literally Asgard.

I'm not really following you on the space marine copy besides maybe some of the aesthetics.
>>
>>45260542

You don't get points for playing dumb, stupidhead.
>>
>>45260539
>How can it be creative if it's a rip-off?

By establishing it's in terms of Fantasy armies.
>>
>>45260542
Anon, big men in big armour? Who arrive into battle with a crackle of lighting? Fighting for an Emperor? Sacrificing their humanity?
>>
>>45259699
If grimgor is still alive than him
>>
>>45260582
But you already had Warriors of Chaos.

And the word you're looking for is "unusual", not creative.
>>
>>45259314
I meant defeat means nothing to them. They'll just come back.
>>
>>45260613
>But you already had Warriors of Chaos.

What's your point?

>And the word you're looking for is "unusual", not creative.

No, it's creative. Thinking up a Stormcast Eternal requires more creative thought than "Elf" or "Dwarf" or "Human" ever did, I'll tell you that for free.
>>
>>45260647
But nobody is thinking them up. They're just moving Space Marines into a fantasy setting.
>>
>>45260668
Nope. Even though they're obviously patterned on Space Marines they are distinct entities that required thought to create.
>>
File: OP pls.png (398 KB, 423x581) Image search: [Google]
OP pls.png
398 KB, 423x581
>>45260700
Oh wow, people actually believe this? Anyways, I'm arguing with an idiot.
Adiós you fags.
>>
>>45260724
Oh look at that, a modicum of resistance and he pissed off, if only they were all that weak.
>>
what Josh Reynolds had to say on Stormcast eternals vs space marines. He may not be an official voice for GW, but his points are solid
>"Well, for starters, Space Marines are chosen as children, tortured by SCIENCE!, and then drafted into an eternity of being monastic murder machines whose sole purpose is to hold up the crumbling foundations of an omnicidal dystopia in the name of a rotting carcass that eats psykers like chiclets. They're emotionally stunted orphans who were brainwashed and weaponized before being unleashed on a galaxy where EVERYTHING is trying to kill them. They never even had a chance to be people before someone turned them into a gun instead. Stormcast, on the other hand, are dead heroes, chosen for their valour and faith, resurrected and sent to free the Mortal Realms from the abominations currently running the show, on behalf of a benevolent God-King (Though benevolent is seriously up to debate). They're traumatized heroes who had lives, personalities and histories prior to being crammed into primary colored hulkbuster armor and filled full of lightning so that they could go save their descendants from the eldritch horrors of a nightmare dimension. They endure death after death, losing a bit more of their soul each time, in order to prevent anyone else from suffering the fate which befell them. One group are so far removed from humanity as to be utterly alien. The other group are so human it causes them pain. One group feels little in the way of emotion, the other group feels emotion as strongly as they did before death. One group hates and fears the alien. The other group allies regularly with space-lizards, skeletors and green monster-men. One group is the personification of the grim future in which they live. The other is a thing born of hope.
>>
>>45260668
just like eldar, space orks, squats and csm worked back in first days of 40k.
Same concepted wich takes slowly its own path.
It kinda makes sense-they took their biggest selling focus of 40k and translated into a fantasy setting-aka big guys with big armours leadind crusades. they are not bad aestetically talkking-if they popped up in any other non gw games you would have liked them. Buts its aos, so you need to shit on everything.

>>45260724
come on, evert fucking race in fantasy was a bland generic tolkien ripoff. They managed to have their own distinct personality year after years, evolving in the grimdark setting we used to love but for the love of god, you really are fucking blind insisting "BUT MUH FANTASY WAS SO ORIGINAL". the only original thing in there were the skaven and the chaos gods.
>>
>>45260447
Except everybody is running away from him or evading him or he has just defeated them.

Your assertions are baseless and nonsensical.
>>
>>45260809
>The similarities are cosmetic: big guys in easily paintable armor sell better than little dudes with fiddly bits. But the context for those cosmetic similarities is quite different. Think of it this way...Space Marines are Batman and Stormcast are Captain America. Both are super-heroes, both wear costumes, both punch bad guys, both save people. But they ain't the same, are they?"
>>
>>45260809
>>45260842
Damn, that's a pretty good explanation really.

It's not going to stop the comparisons, since at the core they do look really similar to eachother, but it's an interesting perspective.

Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>45260197
>ust like how before we were told the Slaves to Darkness can never turn themselves from the path of chaos

But that is bullshit.

He have examples of dudes who turned away from Chaos in WHFB.

The most famous example is Lord Mortkin.

>you spouted saw Gharl Maraz as something Archaon was hesitant about because it'll probably purify him or some shit.

What? Nothing in the picture says this. It just say that Archaon defeated Sigmar and the Chaos Gods rejoiced as Archaon promises that he will bring a new age of terror or stuff.

Then the picture shows him reaching for the hammer. It should be noted that Archaon held the hammer in his hands twice before in the End Times.

Anon your entire posts are bullshit and very trolly.

>>45260056
Sigmar and Nagash can't defeat Archaon in straight up fight. Celestant Prime is nothing approaching the gods.

Troll much?
>>
>>45260949
>It should be noted that Archaon held the hammer in his hands twice before in the End Times.

Why?
>>
>>45260931
this...this makes a lot of sense.
I mean, I for one was one of the few defending them but man, im gooing to quote this over and over.
Couldn't explain better.

Anyway...im looking for a Nurgle sorcerer model alternative to Gw. Anything that could resemble one?
>>
>>45260809
Alternatively, they are both heroes who sacrifice part of their humanity to become something greater, in order to protect the humanity they've left behind.

They're also organised into colour coded groups called the 'Knights Excelsior' or 'Celestial Lions' or whatever, they have jetpacks and rapid deployment abilities and they both serve golden-armoured God-Emperors whose name they invoke as they wade into battle with the forces of the evil, wielding big weapons crackling with energy.
>>
File: Archy8.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Archy8.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2000
>>45261002
Why what?

It's the ultimate trophy for him, I guess. It's the symbol of the hated god who abandoned him in his moment of need. The symbol of the faith he seeks to destroy.

He took the hammer after Valten's death and put it on his throne, the first time.

The second time, He wrestled with Sigmar over the hammer as they fell to oblivion.

The third time, we see him going after the hammer is in picture related. But it is a vision of the future.
>>
>>45261102
Space Marine did not ask for this, though.

A lot of the Stormcast did.
>>
>>45261102
>They're also organised into colour coded groups called the 'Knights Excelsior' or 'Celestial Lions' or whatever,

This is really a non-complaint in a wargame. Everyone is in colour coded groups.
>>
>>45260809

what did you expect from a GW employee, 'guys I know they are totes space marines and the whole thing stinks, but imma need to pay da bills'?
>>
>>45261102
Yes and no.
While human exteriorly Space marines are NOT human any more.
They think differently, they work differently, their tought are as alien as an eldar can be.
Usually GW writers forget this and in novellas and books go simply by "hurr durr honorable warriors pew pew" , but the cool thing about space marines is how alien they are. They do not see themselves human either-i think in the "of mars"series he does a great job, black templar beign mostly disgusted by the freal humans in the ship they are on.
They fight for humanity because its all they live for, but they are not part of it.

Stormcast are on the opposite sides: exteriorly they look more like undead, emotionless super warriors, but on the inside they are as human as any human can be, feeling pain, anger, every emotion: they sacrified-or lost-everything, their own human form to become something superior in order to save what has been lost.

it may look subtle, and by a first look its hard to see difference, but sc and sm are definetely different.
>>
>>45261326
He is a freelancer writers who sometimes writes for BL.
>>
>>45261333
>Stormcast are on the opposite sides: exteriorly they look more like undead, emotionless super warriors

Stormcast look human.
>>
>>45260809
>They're emotionally stunted orphans who were brainwashed and weaponized before being unleashed on a galaxy where EVERYTHING is trying to kill them.

Stormcast are emotionally stunted adults who were brainwashed and weaponized before being unleashed on a galaxy where EVERYTHING is trying to kill them.

Muh differences!

>They never even had a chance to be people before someone turned them into a gun instead.

Stormcast never had the chance to be normal people once they were stormcasted. Not like good old swiggy offered them an alternative.

and so on. his arguments are pretty weak actually

also, space marines FEARING the alien? I surely do hope this guy knows sigmarines better than space marines, as he obviously has no real clue of the latter
>>
>>45261146

gtfo carnac

>>45261169

read some 40k novels, mostly all marines are given a choice (as a children, not after they have been sent to their chapterhouse, but same shit for Stormcasts)
>>
>>45261427
>Stormcast are emotionally stunted adults

No.

They were fully formed adults and act like they did before their forging.

Also they were devout Sigmirite worshippers in their previous lives so they came in already brainwashed!
>>
>>45261206
Right, but I'm not going to confuse the Biel-tan Craftworld with the Lothern Sea Guard.

Whereas:
>Lightning Hawks
>Fire Hawks
>Celestial Vindicators
>Celestial Lions
>Lions of Sigmar
>Avenging Sons
>Sons of the Storm
>Astral Templars
>Black Templars

etc etc.
>>
>>45261508

>losing memories every death
>losing the image of their loved ones
>knowing that once they will forget everything, even who they are, a fate worse than death itself

yeah they are totally fine psichologically, would give them a gun and send to guard an orphanage
>>
>>45261469
>gtfo carnac

Nope.

If you are that anon, then I have to tell you that you are full of bullshit.

>ead some 40k novels,

I did.

In the Templar comic, the tribals are forced to fight to death. They were given no choice.

In the Ragnar Blackmane novel, the tribals were also abdicated and forced to fight to death by the Flesh Tearers.

In the World Engine novel, the noble fathers of the world send their sons to Astral Knights. I don't think the sons have much choice in matter.
>>
>>45261577
>abducted*
>>
>>45261509
But you totally would confuse Orcs and Orks, and Chaos Marines and Chaos Warriors.
The only reason don't confuse Eldar with Elves is because Eldar have Craftworlds.
>>
>>45261539
Actually, a few Stormcast are aware of that fact after they experienced it first hand,

Sigmar neglected to tell them the consequences of the Reforging which is a pissed off Nagash tearing pieces of their souls each time they die and get reforged.

So indeed they are fine. For now at least. When the worst comes, at least their hatred of Chaos will endure motivating their husks to unending battle.
>>
>>45261619
>The only reason don't confuse Eldar with Elves is because Eldar have Craftworlds.

Their armour and weapons are very distinct. Also the Eldar look more human-like in the art while the Elves art mostly show them looking more alien.
>>
>>45261619
That's true, but, with the possible exception of Chaos Warriors, they're all straight copies and I thought the argument was that the Stormcast AREN'T a straight Space Marine copy.
>>
>>45261717
>Their armour and weapons are very distinct.

As are the Stormcast and Space Marines.

>Also the Eldar look more human-like in the art while the Elves art mostly show them looking more alien.

Not really. One artist has the style of giving them black eyes, but that's it. Both appear very human.

>>45261727
I very much believe that Stormcast are a Fantasy attempt at Space Marines. This particular thread of conversation is about how them being colour groups with bombastic names is really a war gaming thing rather than a space marine thing.
>>
Is the Chaos Grand Alliance book online anywhere?
>>
>>45261013
>Anyway...im looking for a Nurgle sorcerer model alternative to Gw. Anything that could resemble one?
Anyone?
>>
File: not nurgle.jpg (189 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
not nurgle.jpg
189 KB, 900x900
>>45263186
Avatars of War Sorcerer of Pestilence?
>>
File: aow23_blister.jpg (109 KB, 480x564) Image search: [Google]
aow23_blister.jpg
109 KB, 480x564
>>45263186
Nurgle spellcaster is pretty unique.
>>
>>45263349
that's..
that's..
disgusting.
PERFECT.
Thanks anons,
Whats the best shop to buy it online?
Im a europoors, sadly, so it'd be best only eurpean stores. Stuff from US or canada tends too much to get blocked or coming with crazy import taxes.
>>
>>45263454
eBay, or AoW webstore.

>>45263346
...my evil twins?
>>
>>45263454
What kind of europoor? If german, I'd say fantasywelt.de or radaddel.de, they should have that fella, and you get some small discount.

>>45263607
Perhaps. Your insignificantly faster, german twin. So... yeah, evil fits the bill, I guess.
>>
>>45263734
i guess it doesn't matter, shipping within EU is almost the same since there no border taxes inside the EU. I can just use a translator for the site.
Aow site is in spanish too, so maybe i can get them directly from there-checking now.

and oh boy, their minis are clearly made to be played with whfb but they are SO GOOD. I think im getting the savage orc too.
>>
>>45261841
>being colour groups with bombastic names is really a war gaming thing rather than a space marine thing.
You gotta admit tho, the names do sound very Space Marine. Lightning Hawks? Really?
>>
File: runepriest.png (524 KB, 470x562) Image search: [Google]
runepriest.png
524 KB, 470x562
>>45263848
Yeah, I always forget about that. Living in the EU does have some perks.

If I'm not mistaken, their la sculptor is an ex-GW-employee who designed at least some of the dorfs from seventh edition. I like his work very much, I really like their dorfs, especially their runesmith is one of my favorites.
But really their whole range is pretty awesome in my opinion.
>>
>>45263961

Striking Scorpions
Dark Reapers
Fire Dragons
Swooping Hawks
Warp Spiders

Do these sound spacemarinish to you to? Do every noun and adjective sound like a name of SM chapter to you these days?
>>
>>45264091
3 euro shipping(with the euro beign shit, its basically 3 dollars).
they're going to have my money.
Fuck, they just look so good. they have a lot pf details without without falling in the "theres so much fucking stuff in it i wont remember how does it look in 5 minutes"that plagues a lot of models these day.
A solid 9/10.
>>
>>45264092
Not really.
>>
out of curiosity, has anyone played a tournament?
Around here a lot of people plays tournaments almost regularly, but I havent got the chance to see one for myself.
How was your experience? What point system did you use?
how big was in term of models?
>>
>>45260949
>B-But Muh Archaon.

What is it like to have such rampant unstoppable autism in trying to shill a boring character in every post?

He's the bad guy, he is set up to fall. Either by the Celestant Prime or by another bullshit reason, but Archaon is not going to win.

Hell, he's not even going to be the main bad guy for long.

So why are you so obssessed with wanking of chaos Carnac? I sense some need to project.
>>
>>45264092
The thing with those names is that they have been an exclusively Eldar thing for quite literally decades for some of them, so anyone who has been playing 40k for a while will never associate them with Space Marines.

Meanwhile, some Stormhosts have names that are already pretty similar to existing Space Marine chapters:
>Astral Templars - Black Templars
>Celestial Knights - Celestial Lions
>Fists of Sigmarite - Imperial Fists

Other existing Chapters such as the Storm Giants, Angels of Absolution, or the Golden Gryphons wouldn't look particularly out of place alongside the current batch of Stormhosts.
>>
>>45265710
It may become interesting in the future.
It was posted-maybe in the ast thread-a passage were someone(don't remember who)learned the true name of Archaon-so in case he ascended to damenhood he could be slaved.
that would make an interesting plot twist.
>>
>>45265896
If those white Sigmarines are actually called 'Knights Excelsior' then that proves it

I am 100% sure the Knights Excelsior are a Space marine chapter that entered the warp during the abyssal crusade.

Pretty sure they are the dudes who attack Warpsmith Valadrak's forest world and get drowned in cables and daemon-engines only to re-emerge as the 'Magma hounds' Iron warriors 'successor' chapter of sorts
>>
>>45266700
You're right, Codex Chaos Space Marines from 6th edition.
>>
>>45265710
Actually, you are the one being autistic and trolly here. I just replied to you by facts in the fluff that disapproves your bullshit and you did nothing but issue personal attacks and throw an opinion that has no basis in the lore.

Even that other anon earlier saw your through your bullshit. Now stop being so toxic
>>
>>45269503
disproves*
>>
>>45269503
Lets review anons bullshit claims one by one for fun.

>CP make Archaon pussy out Archaon tottally because I errr...PLOT and becaise I said so!

Absurd considering that it's stated that Sigmar in his prime could not defeat Archaon in a straight up battle.

CP is no way as strong as the godly combatants Archaon faced and defeated.

>It was never said that anyone can turn away from Chaos in the fluff before EVER

A massive derp on his part because the fluff had plenty of those guys.

Like mentioned before Lord Mortkin was the most epic and famous example. before Archaon, he was the closet to being the 13th Everchosen. He choose to turn his back to the gods and die as a man.

>The picture from Everchosen Battletome says he was hesitant to grab Ghaz Maraz

Not only does the picture not say that but it shows him eagerly extending his hand to claim for the SECOND time.

He has touched and claimed that Hammer on two occasions. The radiance and purity of the hammer doesn't bother him much. (picture related).

>Archaon is going to get purified

Firstly, the claim not yours. The anons and I in these thread speculating about it since the Everchosen BT came out and I said it would be very interesting if that happened.

You latched out on it like a leech in this thread after you got called out because you think the idea of Archaon returning to be Kastner is something I don't want. Another mistake on your part.

My goodness why Anti-Archaonfags so toxic?
>>
File: The Three Eyed King.png (658 KB, 560x820) Image search: [Google]
The Three Eyed King.png
658 KB, 560x820
>>45269989
Forgot my picture. This is Archaon sitting on his thrrone with Ghaz Maraz hung above his throne for all to see..

Also there is interesting bit in the Balance of Power book.

>There was a screech from above as Dorghar batted aside Calanax’s biting maw, the beast’s talon all but tearing the Dracoth’s jaw from his skull. Archaon was content to watch as his steed went about his gory work. Standing nearby atop an outcropping of rock, Ionus Cryptborn called out to the heavens, and a twin-tailed lance of celestial lightning arced from the clouds to strike at Archaon’s helm

>Eyes still upon Vandus, the Everchosen reached up his fist at the last moment and caught the lightning bolt as it fell, twining the divine energy around his gauntlet before squeezing it intonothingness

A very badass and ANIMEmoment that shows that Archaon is no phased by Azyrite energies. If they want to stop Archaon, they better bring their A-game and copious amounts of Azyr energies.

Archaon vs Sigmar :
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f7a6lQUKvA
>>
Age of Sigmar? More like Age of Shitmar amirite?
>>
>>45273455
You shoulda bump with shitpost.

>>45270312
>Dorghar batted aside Calanax’s biting maw

Don't torture Calanax please.
>>
So, when are we getting that that ePub?
>>
>>45273592
So, is calanax permadead?
>>
>>45273874
Maybe. Wait until tomorrow.

>>45273889
I think so.
>>
>>45274463

Really man lol? Just to bust our stones?
>>
>>45273889
>is calanax permadead

Calanax is dracoth, not stormcast. They can be reforge, so I think he is dead. ;_ ;
>>
>>45273889
>>45275803
Dracoths get reborn. Calanax has already died before. Since Dorghar did not eat him and Arhcaon didn't do anything to him he should be fine.
>>
>>45277255
so not only characters can't die even their mounts are immortal?

why does anyone give a shit about this fluff?
>>
>>45277509
They can die, it just takes some doing.
Stormcasts get fucked up by the resurrection process. I can't wait to see how Vandus comes back, if he comes back at all.
>>
>>45277563
He'll be back, either super fucked up, or Sigmar rebuilds him and buffs him up.
>>
>>45277779
Inb4 the first Stormcast Dreadnaught
>>
Anyone got the mp3 of The Warden of The Everqueen?
>>
>>45266700
>>45268992
Oh wow, they literally (and I mean literally) ripped off Space Marines.
There's no denying the fact that Stormcast are Spess Mahrines in Fantasy.
>>
>>45278751
Good boy, hope that marvelous revelation will make you sleep better at night.
>>
>>45278751
There's no denying that chaos space marines are chaos warriors in space
There's no denying orks are orcs in space
There's no denying eldar are elves in space
There's no denying that necrons are tomb kings in space

What's so bad about the stormcasts being space marines not In space when GW has pulled the same shit before?
>>
File: It is The Emperor's will!.jpg (120 KB, 1054x1280) Image search: [Google]
It is The Emperor's will!.jpg
120 KB, 1054x1280
>>45278817
It's not like I was losing any sleep over it. It's a nice to have some conformation of how far GW has fallen tho.

You gotta remember, the original authors of Rogue Trader were raised on a healthy diet of Dune and 2000 AD, Heinlein and Asimov, all of which they borrowed from heavily. However, 40k was blended very well because the authors were well read/watched, therefore making it greater than the sum of its part. When you get people raised exclusively on Warhammer, you got uncreative shit like AoS.
>>
>>45279158
Because those are inspired, not a rip-off.
>>
>>45279232

Of course it's not a rip-off. Orks in space are just influenced by orks in fantasy and eldars are just influenced be fantasy elves. And that they are similar in the appearance and have the same gods it just a coincidence. Not a rip-off, definitely not. Uh Uh. Keep telling that to yourself.
>>
>>45279337
Seriously tho, Orks in Spess have way less squigs, gretchin/goblins are completely different, no Night Goblins, and Spess Orks have much more of an obsession with going fast.
I'm not an Elf/Eldar expert, but guys in the WHFB/WH40k generals have assured me that they're different.

And besides, (as far as I can tell) neither of those have literally taken the name of a Space Marine Chapter and slapped it on themselves.
>>
What is a big punch to the stomach is that Vandus charged Archaon knowing that he can never win, but he had faith that Sigmar would aid him. He had faith that Celestant Prime was going to show up at any second to save him and his men.

Blow after blow, wound after wound, Vandus kept his faith until the end. But no one answered his faith, his prayers.

Did he feel abandoned at the moment of his fall like Kasnter did?
>>
>>45279390
>And besides, (as far as I can tell) neither of those have literally taken the name of a Space Marine Chapter and slapped it on themselves.

Bad Moon Clan/tribe?
>>
>>45279411
There's a Bad Moon tribe? Because I can't find anything about them on Lexicanum.
>>
>>45279452
They're the merchant class of Orks. Their teeth tend to grow back fast, and they have a lot of Flash Gitz.
>>
>>45279550
No like, I know about the 40k Bad Moons, but I didn't know there was some in Fantasy.
>>
>>45279452
Nevermind. They don't exist. I had the name confused with something else.
>>
>>45279613
It's cool broheim, we all make mistakes.
We're you thinking of Crooked Moons perhaps?
>>
>>45279630
Yep.
>>
>>45279646
Those are Night Goblins, right?
>>
>>45279395
We will have to see. It was brutal. I wonder what he will be like now after he is reforged. I also wonder if it took a toll on the entire stormhost watching their most faithful leader get eviscerated. A lot of openings to really further the plot and lore, that's for sure.
>>
>>45280346
>A lot of openings to really further the plot and lore, that's for sure.
Ah yes, the infamous "opening to nowhere".
>>
>>45277255
>Dracoths get reborn

I don't think so, any source?
>>
>>45280882
The fact Calanax got murdered but came back okay.
>>
I didn't see the new chaos book on GW so I assume it hasn't come out yet. Anybody have any idea when it's supposed to launch?
>>
>>45280433
That remains to be seen. I'll give it time to expand. The entire lore can't be built in a few months. I'm sure it will take a couple of years to really flesh out. And I'm ok with that. Its fun being in on the beginning of a new game that I enjoy.
>>
>>45281473
This one? http://www.games-workshop.com/en-PL/Grand-Alliance-Chaos
>>
Thinking of starting AoS.

I know unit rules are free now, so i suppose all the books released are just fluff supplements?

Can someone be kind enough to list a brief summary of each book?
>>
>>45281743

AOS Narrative Review: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjewxPd-TTlsSMvQGb6KK7QefOvXBwJEM
>>
>>45279390
Seriously tho, fantasy marines have no cavalry, no vehicles, no warmachines, are immortal, fight in huge legions rather than small squads, honor/acknowledge other gods besides sigmar, were forged from fully grown heroes and not kids, etc.
one unimportant stormhost has the same name as one unimportant space marine chapter and that makes the entire concept a complete ripoff? Never mind that orks and orcs have the same gods and use the same language. You can either admit that the 40k races are a ripoff of the fantasy ones or admit that storm-casts are inspired by space marines.
>>
>>45283484

yeah, they are space marines

not the chapters, the legions. remember, AoS is in the golden age of man phase atm, with the Emperor (Sigmar) fighting against the chosen of Chaos (Archaon)
>>
What does Skarbrand even do in the new campaign book?
>>
>>45286991

Business as usual, raging incoherently.
>>
File: 1454709724409.png (51 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1454709724409.png
51 KB, 400x250
>>45286991

fucks up an army of memories and then does his best impression of Ghal maraz and gets just as planned by a Slaan, running into a portal, materalizing on the other side amongst an army of naked dwarves and golden homos, wiping them out completely
>>
>>45254997

The thing that gets me is that the retards in /twg/ are happy for Warham Total War and look forward to it. It's as if they only started with Warscape, really. Also, WTW looks like a lot of shit with some flashy "gimmicks" that don't even seem interesting.

Also, in the dwarf thing it showed those guys shooting into the backs of their friends when the friendly unit wasn't even engaged in combat, they were just shooting them in the back to shoot the goblins. Excellent showing of AI intelligence.
>>
>>45286991
Ping pongs around the realms reking hit.
>>
>>45286991
You

see

>>45258417
>>
Did the Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount always have that tentacle arm mutation or is that a new thing?
>>
>>45288827
disregard that i suck cocks
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.