[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Allow the PCs to attain godhood at the end of the campaign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Dragon's Dogma ODW 207.jpg (434 KB, 1645x1255) Image search: [Google]
Dragon's Dogma ODW 207.jpg
434 KB, 1645x1255
>Allow the PCs to attain godhood at the end of the campaign

Good idea or too tacky?
>>
>>45237232
Will it turn out to be as awful as attaining godhood was in pic related?
>>
>>45237232
If it's their character goal. Otherwise don't do it.
>>
>>45237232
Is it in the realm of possibilities for your game, OP? Make it something that happens when the game ends, not much of a problem then.
>>
File: praise the sun.gif (1000 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
praise the sun.gif
1000 KB, 500x283
>>45237232
We need more context.

If your setting already has a bloated pantheon of dipshits clogging up the cosmos and your dudes didn't actually set out to get it then the effect is going to be massively underwhelming.

If your setting has no gods, few gods or the gods are dead and need replacing and its not unreasonable for it to be a goal then its possible.

Just don't make the chaste, temperate and socially responsible cleric the goddess of sex, drugs and overrated loud music.
>>
>>45237232
Sure, but make them slug it out with gods they are most likely trying to replace.
>>
worked fine for the Bhaalspawn
>>
>>45237232

Tacky shitfest that results in settings like Forgotten Realms.

Seriously, if my DM told me "...and your character became a god!" in the closing speech, I'd probably tell him to fuck off.

Unlike what >>45238467 says, I'd buy it more if it was a setting with zillions of gods and it was underplayed. I'd be cool with my character becoming a kind of ancestor hero, or a spirit that sometimes helps (or hinders) people, or a hearth god to a major castle.
>>
File: demigodcampaign.png (2 MB, 5047x4053) Image search: [Google]
demigodcampaign.png
2 MB, 5047x4053
Tacky, but good?
>>
>>45237232
In some systems, this is the beginning of the campaign. Or even happened in the backstory.
>>
>>45243798
I'm slowly coming down off of my first acid trip and this took me about an hour and a half to read and it was very satisfying.
>>
>>45237232
Closest they got was (demonic) demi-godhood. The follow-up campaign is the same players rolling new, good-aligned, PCs to take down their old evil PCs.
>>
I have never been interested in it yet half the DMs I've played with seem obsessed with that being the endgame
>>
I DM'd a 3.5 campaign where the warblade ended up becoming the god of war, he started out as a happy go lucky small town kid but by level 30 (where we finished) all the fighting had turned him into a hardened killer who could cut his way through an army so it was really fitting
>>
>>45245849
>>
>>45237232
It can be amazing especially if you can immortalize their characters by having them appear as gods in future campaigns. Perhaps even campaigns where they're not even playing, but newer players are playing. Maybe even call 'em up and tell them if any of the new players takes up to be a cleric of their god.
>>
Our character's got the option to at the end of our campaign. Lich was doing a ritual to kill all the gods cause he had a beef with them but actually liked us for reasons and offered to let us replace the gods he killed. We turned him down and smote him. Ended up becoming "deity-like" due to becoming world renowned heroes and stuff though.
>>
Mystara/D&D Basic has this as its endgame (the Immortals Set and WotI.

>>45243623
>settings like Forgotten Realms.
How many FR characters actually became gods? Mystra, Midnight, Kelemvor, Cyric, and The Nameless Bard?

Vecna is Greyhawk.
>>
>>45237232
eh, it's not great unless it was the stated goal of at least one of the characters

it's better to let them remain as mortal legends, and have their next set of characters hear of their deeds, I'd think
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.