[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: The Court of Owls.png (1 MB, 1280x617) Image search: [Google]
The Court of Owls.png
1 MB, 1280x617
http://pastebin.com/cJ3nrnTN

Previous Thread >>45201584

What are your favourite social groups? Covenants, Compacts, Orders, Courts, Tribes, and so on. Do any of you use some of the "lesser" groups, like the Brides of Dracula or the Dawn/Dusk Courts?

I know Chris has probably got ideas for Eaters of the Dead, and at least one person has kicked around using the Changeling Court Creation ahead of time, but has anyone else got a social group to share?
>>
>>45230597
I generally don't use any of the pre-published cults. But as a rule, I end up making sub-factions of my own, that fit the campaign.
For instance, the Brotherhood of the Lance is a Lancea et Sanctum faction. Basically Christian vampire Daesh. With the trappings of a knightly order.
>>
Free Council is best Council.
>>
File: john constantine on magic.jpg (129 KB, 868x1230) Image search: [Google]
john constantine on magic.jpg
129 KB, 868x1230
Are there any good pre-written Mage: the Ascension chronicles out there? I have some ideas for adventures, but I don't know if I have the right sense of scale.

Also, what's your favorite Tradition/Convention? I'd have to go with Order of Hermes and the $yndicate.
>>
>>45231915

Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of pre-written adventures for MtAsc, and the ones that are either not for your edition, or not very good. White Wolf's never been as big on the published adventure concept despite the SAS system's brief existance. I hear the Loom of Fate is pretty good, but that's an adventure for 1e Mage, which is VERY different from the rest of the editions. Apparently GURPS: Mage the Ascension has a pre-written adventure you can use, but I've never read it.
>>
>>45231915
>Mage: the Ascension
>>
Gonna post this again: http://theonyxpath.com/hurt-locker-equipment-appendix/

Just gonna say, a WoD/CofD chapter opening with a von Mises quote is quite a change of pace.
>>
Another week over, and still no Dark Eras or Mage 2e...
>>
>>45233119

GenCon. Just wait till GenCon.
>>
>>45233282
Whens that, Gen Con 2017. (T-T)
>>
>>45233489

Yes. GenCon 2017. Just mark your calendars for that, and it's impossible to be disappointed...I hope.
>>
>>45233119
>>45233282
>>45233489

I have no doubts that Mage 2e will be released sometime before Geist 3e.
>>
Jesus Christ shut up about the fucking schedule circlejerk
>>
File: MysteryoftheKerberos(2).pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
MysteryoftheKerberos(2).pdf
1 B, 486x500
Hey /cofd/, here's a new version of the Coil homebrew I posted in the previous thread.

I went back to the drawing board based on the suggestions people gave me in the last thread, and looked over the existing Coils (and the proposed ones from Secrets of the Covenants) a little more closely while I did so. So hopefully the power level of these Coils are a bit more... appropriate.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I threw in a couple WIP Scales as well.
>>
>>45232459
Is it really?

>>45233881
I'm the one who was giving the hard criticism last thread. I'll look it over in a bit.
>>
>>45233881
Woe that last scale is to far a vampire can never lose the base banes. Such as fire or the clan bans. Any other one is fair game but the greater curses can't be lost.
>>
>>45234023
Well, you're not losing it, just kind of... setting it aside temporarily. But yea, I was wondering if I shouldn't at least include the Fire bane as one you can't "swap"

>>45233968
Please do - your criticism helped a lot. This is the first time I've worked on Requiem homebrew, so my sense of what's "properly balanced' isn't all that great...
>>
>>45233881
The last scale is MUCH better than last time, but losing their clan bane? Losing the fire bane, sure. But the clan bane is really iffy.
>>
>>45234115
No, Ordo can already lose fire related weaknesses, but the clan bane is a bigger issue.
>>
>>45233968

Opening a chapter with a quote from an obscure Austrian economist is different from the usual fare, yes.
>>
>>45234115
How about temporarily switching a bane the dragon has acquired with a ghosts ban?
Also for the Ghost Rank be harder to raise, Werewolves have to spend at least 57 exp to have Rank 5. So how about they start with Rank 1 and gain 1 rank per 2 blood potency they have. That way at blood potency 8 they are rank 5 and have spent a comparable amount of exp.
>>
>>45234296
I don't know. I feel like they just have one of those pocket quote books. Some of them have even seemed out of context enough that I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>45231915

Actual opening quote of Mage 2e's introduction right there.
>>
>>45234133
They don't loss it thay can weaken it by having blush of life on. But even then this makes that nearly pointless, sense the coil thst lessens fire damage makes it lethal damage. While this one makes it no longer a bane so that mundane fire will deal bashing damage.
>>
>>45234390

It's pretty much Awakening AND Ascension distilled into one phrase.
>>
>>45234023
>Woe that last scale is to far a vampire can never lose the base banes. Such as fire or the clan bans. Any other one is fair game but the greater curses can't be lost.
Losing the greater curses is the entire point of having the Coils of the Dragon in the first place.
>>
>>45234390
>>45234430
But... any cunt CAN'T do it.

You need to Awaken first, and the Watchtowers don't take anybody and everybody.
>>
>>45234482

>implying Awakening isn't for everyone

Look at this pleb, swallowing The Lie like it's honey.
>>
>>45234341
Well, the reason I set Rank equal to Blood Potency is because as far as I can tell from the 2e rules, having an Honorary Rank doesn't have that big of an effect when applied to ghosts - they aren't getting Agg damage against lower-ranked ghosts the way Werewolves do against lower-ranked Spirits. All a higher Rank gets them are any "social" considerations they would get from other ghosts who read them as having a higher rank, plus more Numina using the Scales (if I'm wrong about this, correct me).

If that's all they're getting out of it, it seems kind of... not that useful to only be Rank 5 at 8 BP (which is difficult to get, and more difficult to maintain). I also wanted them to be able to kind of... "fake" power in the Underworld - they can have a very high Honorary Rank, but a BP 7 vampire is NOT as strong as a Rank 7 Ghost, any way you go about it.
>>
Pardon me, I was wondering if someone here could help me out, I've been trying to find some resources for the LARP stuff(long story short, we got a new story teller that prefers those rules over the tabletop ones), I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with finding all the crafting and custom-item sorta things you can make in the game(given appropriate backgrounds, merits, skills, etc. etc).

tl;dr version: Does anyone know where I can find the full item list for World of Darkness LARP rules?
>>
>>45234482
Any cunt *can* do it, it's just that 99.999999% of the cunts in the world don't know it's even possible. It's entirely possible for everyone in the world to awaken, though.
>>
File: vick.jpg (235 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
vick.jpg
235 KB, 1024x768
>>45234482
They could. You just need to be enlightened.

Are you enlightened yet, brother?
>>
>>45234533
>It's entirely possible for everyone in the world to awaken, though.
Well at least in that case The Lie would no longer need to exist.
>>
>>45234482
>But... any cunt CAN'T do it.
>You need to Awaken first, and the Watchtowers don't take anybody and everybody.

Awakened magic is just one very tiny type of magic in the CofD, although likely the most powerful wielded by humans.

Any cunt can probably cast a myriad of Fallen magic. It'll almost certainly kill them or far, far worse, but they can do it.
>>
>>45234465
Yes but no coil actually removes them.
Mystery of the Ascendant only temporary lowers the punishment of sunlight to a manageable level.
Mystery of the Wyrm allow them to direct the beast but not control it in its entirety.
Mystery of the Voivode allows better control but you still can loss humanity from that.
Fully rejecting the banes are not in the reach of Ordo Dracul yet.
>>
>>45234482
But anybody has the potential to awaken, or at least if you belive the Free Council that is.
>>
>>45234602
Granted everyone Awakening at once would prolly rip the Fallen World to shreds, but worse things have happened, ask Angel Bob.
>>
>>45234530
Actually they do those rule for aggravated damage are for all ephemeral creatures not just spirits. You could give the vampire influence (ghost) if you feel that the amount blood potency 8 is to high of a cost. That way they feel more like the masters of the dead.
>>
>>45233881
Okay, in depth. I'm tempted to just give this a try myself, but that'd add to my "pretentious" reputation, so I'll stick with suggestions.

● Keep in mind that mechanically the Unseen Senses Merit is you get the Spooked Condition *once per chapter* and can pinpoint where the source of the prickling is coming from.

● Frankly, just let them sense ghosts, anchors, fetters, low places, and other things related to Death. Hell, make up a handful of questions that the Dragon can ask about them once per chapter. "What is the source of this feeling? What is the object's connection with death? How can I use this object?" Have it not require vitae or anything, just a turn or two of concentration.

● Draught of the Qiq-ol-Mal is a bit complicated. Let the vampire interact with ghosts. Don't bother with the additional wordcount. You also shouldn't allow ghost-gained vitae to count as Kindred Vitae; that's what the Unnatural Affinity merit does, and it already calls out that if you can bite it, you can drink it.

● The Diablerie stuff is unnecessary. Either make this whole bullet pointed section a Scale (without the Tainted bit) or leave it unsaid. I feel like most of it is stuff you can already do anyway, but again, I need to read BoD again. Raising Ghosts up to sentience is actually neat, though. You might also want to have the Vampire count as an Anchor, which allows ghosts to interact with them and provides all those Anchor benefits. Have it so that the Dragon can turn that off, though. No cost to do so.

● Ectoplasmic Infusion feels like a scale, not a three dot Coil.

● I already suggested being an Anchor at level 2 :V
>>
>>45233881
>>45234956
● By around 3, they should really be able to change their very nature more. Here's where you should allow them to open Avernian or Graveyard Gates, and determine how they count for the Old Laws (although that could also work as a scale).

● Seeds of Persephone should be the third dot. Don't give the vampire Rank equal to their BP, that's obscene. >>45234530 is wrong. the corebook even says that Geists (will) get Effective Rank. Honestly, I'd say Effective Rank equal to their TOTAL Coils, using a chart like the Werewolf one (0-3, 4-7, 8-12, 13-18, 19+).

● Anchor Simulacrum could use a better name. It's not even a Simulacrum. I don't think it should be "a box" either. Other than that, not bad, but it should require some of the things that make the Dragon an anchor, whichever level you put that at.

● Corpus Ward is good. Like the idea. Boring name.

● Numinous Vitae (has a boring name) and should probably use a system similar to Fetters in Geist; that is, a relevant Attribute and skill. Also, it should only last a certain amount of time. Although I'm not entirely sure about this one at all, because it's basically Graft The Unholy Flesh. Actually, it's literally a weaker version that only works for Ghosts.

● Bane Swap is a neat concept, but I don't know if it works. I won't say that they can't ever get rid of their Bane (Humanity 7 vampires who never fall don't have one, and Ziva allows them to get rid of it entirely for a while) but it's... I don't know if it's all that great. You could just switch your Bane with something weaker. Feels too cheaty, but not in the right way.

>>45234627
Actually, the current draft of Secrets of the Covenants has the capstone for Coil of Ziva turn the Kindred fully human for 11-Blood Potency hour. It's not really that great, and I hate how a lot of the Coils end up being "murder five people and you can be a better vampire for like ten minutes".
>>
>>45234956

>I'm tempted to just give this a try myself, but that'd add to my "pretentious" reputation

That's not pretentious, that's just a dick move without the consent of the original designer. You've already got plenty of stuff to do anyways.
>>
>>45235012
Yeah, but this wouldn't take that long and I'm getting bored with writing this Werewolf cheat sheet. There's a fucking ton of shit Werewolf players need to know just to woof woof. It's already 14 pages and I'm being as flippant and brief as I can. The Tracking section was "you can track with a Wits + Survival or Streetwise roll, but I'm lazy so you don't need to know much more than that"
>>
>>45234997
>>45234693
Where in the corebook does it give the "higher rank does Agg damage" rule? I'm not saying I don't believe you, I've just been going through the 2e core and don't see any mention of it there. Or is this another thing that's clarified in Werewolf or something and was just left out of the 2e core?
>>
>>45234997
Yes thats true that the ziva makes you human for a while but thats regression your weaker for it at least temporarily. Granted there are a lot of great benefits for being human its still steeping downwards not up. Hence it being heretical.
>>
File: Honour Me.png (41 KB, 392x388) Image search: [Google]
Honour Me.png
41 KB, 392x388
>>45235084
Where are you even looking?

>>45235106
Honestly, it being heretical feels like forced drama. There's no reason Dragons would go "ew, kill it!" because someone has different priorities. I could see people looking down on them, but not freaking out and murdering them.

The Lilian Heresy is more of a Heresy.
>>
>>45235084
Page 129 of chronicle of darkness. It at the end of the banes section.
>>
>>45235134
I can completely see why though the Coil go counter of the entire beliefs of the covenant. Ziva wants to become human once again while the covenant is all about becoming more then a vampire, not less then it is now.
But you do have a point the Coil does not harm the covenant other then to weed out those who want nothing more then to weak again.
>>
>>45235134
That's only referencing a rule, not actually spelling out a rule itself...

>>45235160
NOW I see it. Of course it's buried at the bottom of a section.

Alright, I get it, I'll change it to rank equal to BP/2 or something similar. I do like>>45234693
's suggestion of giving them Influence (ghosts) equal to rank.

Back to the drawing board...
>>
>>45235277
Glad I'm able to help.
>>
Actually, it's worth noting that Ghost Banes and Vampire Banes are different. Ghost ones are actually much worse. If you do want to Bane Swap, that's worth keeping in mind. Ghost Banes are actually worse than Kindred ones in some ways, since it does Agg.

>>45235260
It goes counter, sure, but "Heretical" shouldn't really be a thing within the Ordo Dracul. Their ENTIRE PURPOSE is to be Heretical.

>>45235277
"If you have Honourary Rank, you deal Aggravated damage to things of lower rank". That's a rule.
Also, Influence (Ghosts) would not work. That would allow you to create Ghosts eventually. Mass Create, even.
Rank equal to BP means that a Blood Potency 10 Vampire is literally a deity of the Underworld. Use Coils as Honourary Rank. Coils from all Mysteries. Use rules similar to ones that already exist before creating new ones. You really don't need to worry about super high ranking Dragons in the first place.
>>
>>45234997
>Turn the Kindred human for 11-Blood potency hours.
How about turn them into a ghost for that amount of time?
>>
>>45235752
SPECIFICALLY A GHOST OF THEIR HONORARY RANK?
>>
>>45235849
>>45235752
I feel like that shouldn't really be limited by time. Maybe allow them to enter Twilight as a Ghost? As a scale it should require them to bathe in ectoplasm and vitae, mixed with oils and alchemy
>>
>>45235936
That sounds good. If course, leaving their body behind has risks, so they need to do it in a very secure place.
>>
>>45234482
A Mage of high Wisdom will agree that magic is possible to anyone, but what he defines as magic and what you define is very different.
Magic is *everywhere*, in everything. The Lie tells you that Magic isnt real, maybe at best only the privileged can attain it.
But it's there, when your love feels like she's right there in your dependent, even when she's hundred of miles away; when you honor a promise that works against you; when you break your wrists, and his ribs, keeping a father of two alive, even when his heart wanted to stop.
Magic is in Challenge, is in Word, is in Humanity. Magic is everywhere, and the Lie keeps you from realizing it.

(A certain way of looking at it, although limited)
>>
>>45235752
The auspex Twilight Projection already works very similarly to this idea.
>>
>>45236175
dependent=pendant
Damn autocorrect.
>>
>>45236003
>>45236179
Oh, I meant shifting into Twilight. But that's useful as well. Twilight Projection but as a ghost (since when Projected, you can't interact with ghosts or spirits or angels or strix or anything else project in Twilight)
>>
>>45236175
Your morals are toxic to this dark world. Cease and Desist!
>>
>>45236213
To be fair entering in twilight you would only be able to see and interact with ghost anyways. Ephemeral beings live on different phases. Much like AM & FM Radios.
But yay popping in and out of twilight would be cool as fuck.
>>
>>45236339
You can see all things in Twilight, but only physically interact with those made of the same type of ephemera as you.
>>
>>45236339
True, but it's still useful. You can phase through walls and such.
>>
What would be an appropriate sacrifice to a Spirit of Cows (presumably not a cow)?

Are people with the Unseen Sense merit Sleepwalkers?
>>
>>45236597
If I understand Dave right, anyone who has a supernatural ability that is inherent to them (so not Relics or Advanced Armoury) is a Sleepwalker.
>>
>>45236432
Quick quote from the first paragraph in CofD on manfastation and possession.

"Instead of bodies formed of flesh and bone, ephemeral beings are made up of a sort of spiritual matter called ephemera, which comes in several varieties. These substances are both invisible and intangible to anything not comprised of the same sort of ephemera — ghosts can see and touch one another, but are invisible to most living people and don’t interact with solid objects or even other ephemeral beings that aren’t ghosts. Spirits happily float through walls and pass through ghosts without even noticing them, but are incapable of interacting with people without help."
>>
>>45236653
But Unseen Sense is weird in that it requires you to be completely mundane to have it, so being a sleepwalker would prevent you from having it right?
>>
>>45236692
No. Just like you can have Unseen Sense and Telekinesis.
>>
>>45236669
Well then I'm retarded, but so is that rule.
>>
>>45236669
Sorry first paragraph in the Ephemeral Beings section under manifestation and possession.
>>
>>45236692
Nah. You don't have to have another supernatural merit to be a sleepwalker - there's a merit spoiler for people whose only special thing is that they're sleepwalkers, so becoming a sleepwalker off Unseen Sense shouldn't disqualify you for Unseen Sense any more than it disqualifies you for itself.
>>
>>45232459
The range bands from Exalted.
No.
NO.
NO NO NO NO NO!
NOOOO!

I'm just glad this shit isn't in the core book, and thus won't be referenced to ever again.
>>
>>45236772
The hell is wrong with range bands? I actually liked that in Exalted
>>
>>45236692
>>45236724
To Be a sleepwalker you need any inborn supernatural ability or merit. So while being cursed or possessed by a spirit would not count you as a sleepwalker. Having an instinctual knowledge or pings of the supernatural does count.
>>
>>45236797
Because it makes it hell to figure out how far things are in relation to each other?
>>
>>45236728
Keeps Twilight from being cluttered.

>>45236818
If you're possessed by a spirit, you're a Sleepwalker. A supernatural entity is literally inside of you.
>>
>>45237111
Well actually the human that is possessed goes in a coma like state and has no knowledge of the time possessed. The spirit/ghost/angel is in charge of the body at the time and well there not even human. So the human is still not a sleepwalker.
>>
>>45237238
Fettering costs spirits their numina.

Possession costs them their numina and influences

Claiming costs them their Numina

This all seems like a terrible deal for the spirit.
>>
>>45237405
They get Essence.

Also, Claiming turns them into insanely powerful abominations with Dread Powers.
>>
>>45237405
What they get safety from greater creatures from the shadow. They no longer have essence bleed. But now thry have to worry about werewolves so not the best trade off
>>
So, I'm considering running a Hunter game for my group in the near future that will probably be largely in a Monster of the Week format. Any ideas for stuff that isn't "That one Supernatural episode" or "Yet another goddamn vampire"?
I can share what few ideas I have at the moment if needed.
>>
>>45237553
Look at some less exploited mythologies like Chilean or Thai or Turkic. You'll still hit a few "yet another goddamn vampire"s but even then you're more likely to ping something that is weird *enough* that it still works.
>>
>>45237553
Do you have the location planed yet? That could help on whst you could do.
Such as is it like Scooby Do mystery inc. Where they stay a one location most of the time or more like early supernatural wondering the country in a car looking for the monsters?
>>
>>45237881
>Do you have the location planed yet?
Not at the moment, no. I may have them at least wandering around in a decent-sized area rather than just keeping it confined to a city or two.
>>
>>45238072
Then how about wondering monster. Emphasize on the savagery of the wilds remind them why people use to make their with walls.
>>
>>45238260
Make their cities with walls.
>>
>>45237663

I only looked up Chilean myth for a few moments and found the Chonchon, which could be a creature worth spending a few sessions.
>>
>>45236597
>What would be an appropriate sacrifice to a Spirit of Cows (presumably not a cow)?

Why won't anyone help me please the Cow God?
>>
>>45238770
Feed him potatoes or people. You csn never go wrong with people.
>>
>>45238805
I already considered "force-feed steak to vegetarians to sacrifice their lifestyle", but I'm looking for something ideally not human. My Integrity is taking a serious beating atm
>>
>>45238770

Give them the finest cud. Grass untouched by the blades of man, or at least not mowed every week.
>>
Here's my CofD homebrew for people wanting to play as fantasy races without making entire splats for them. To be honest its just what Shadowrun does, though they phrase it differently...
>>
>>45237553
>Any ideas for stuff that isn't "That one Supernatural episode"
The problem with Supernatural is that most episodes are just "vengeful spirits" or demons.

Also, go with >>45237663 but also strange shit from other countries. I don't really think I've seen anything but American Gods really go into detail about it, but I like the idea of America as this place where the monsters have immigrated as well. Penanggal follow the Malaysians in search of better hunting grounds only to compete with Loup-Garou and others.

You can also look through the Night Horrors books.
>>
File: MythicalCreatures.png (978 KB, 800x6060) Image search: [Google]
MythicalCreatures.png
978 KB, 800x6060
>>45238999
>1) Non Human Species reduce their 11/7/4 Skills to 9/5/3 on Creation and only receive 2 specialties.
I already vehemently dislike this. Change the layouts (12/6/4 or 9/8/5) but don't shortchange people.
>3) For every point spent after +2 they must reduce the maximum capacity of another attribute by -1 (See Example below)
This also doesn't really feel necessary.

You get into this situation where social and biological traits are treated as being equivalent.

I'd suggest handling the races a bit... more flexibly. Although one way to handle it would be to raise default maximums and minimums. An Elf would be able to increase it's Dexterity to 6 and it's Strength to 4 naturally, but still start at 1 in each. I really dislike the D&D method of race creation.

>>45239034
>but also strange shit from other countries
That's literally what Chris suggested. I meant to list more that weren't vampires, but I blanked on it. Chupacabra, Tengu, Jenny Greenteeth, Wendigo, Basilisk, Barghest, Kelpie, Selkie, Kumiho/Kitsune, Zashikiwarashi, Jersey Devil, Swampman, Goatman... Heck, even aliens.

I've always wanted to do a game of Hunter that plays out like Supernatural. Traveling around the country hunting monsters.
>>
File: cereal-guy.png (15 KB, 280x269) Image search: [Google]
cereal-guy.png
15 KB, 280x269
>>45239727
Check it again, if an unusally slow elf (which is what 1 dot represents) has a racial dex bonus of +1 the minimum amount of dice he will always roll is 2 (which would be the average humans).

The 9/5/3 is something I got from Innocents, its the teenage skill level and I did it for balance and to give people a reason to be human.
>>
>>45240078
I'm saying I don't like that. I don't like the notion that all members of X race are inherently better at Y. It gets into "my Dwarf raised on a boat knows how to find his way underground" territory.

Making it worse to be a different race also isn't very good. Although the other races still come out ahead in terms of XP expenditure.

Honestly, I feel like focusing only on the Attributes is not a good way to do it. I don't really like it, but I feel like the stuff in Mirrors Infinite Macabre is on the right track.
>>
>>45238917
>Give them the finest cud. Grass untouched by the blades of man, or at least not mowed every week.

that's an idea, thanks bro
>>
>>45236819

Can you elaborate on this? On the surface range bands seem fine, but I've always played things fast and loose with distance.
>>
>>45240660
That is pretty cool actually.
>>
>>45240660
Hay thanks for posting this I have been looking for this for horrors.
>>
>>45241244
Why would you need it for horrors? As Dread Powers?
>>
>>45241286
Actually I'm think of using the alien racial abilities as "merits" for the horrors.
>>
>>45239727

>european dragon
>it's a wyvern

lel
>>
>>45241983
Wyverns are dragons.
Just saying.
>>
Any thoughts on the new hurt locker preview? Shields no longer penalizing melee attacks seems odd. The old rules were harsh but it feels like some drawback is necessary.
>>
>>45242010

your mom's a dragon
>>
>>45242040
Some people would feel insulated by this. I am not thank you.
>>
>>45242032
They still get a bonus to defense its by the shield size. Its the concealed equipment tag under the armor section.
>>
>>45242343
I mean a penalty to the wielder's melee attacks. Shields used to levy a 2 die penalty to melee attacks made while using one.

The old penalty was horrendous but now there's no penalty at all which seems a bit op.
>>
>>45230597
Personally I love Ordo Dracul. Thay are occult mad scientist men of mystery. Hell I know would not have liked vampires nearly as much as I do if they were not a thing.
I actually do use some of the lesser groups for Brides of Dracula I have them as messenger sub group for Ordo Dracul.
>>
Does anyone know how to figure out population of mages & werewolves in a city? I know we figured out for vampire in 2E but what about the others?
>>
>>45230597
The Asian courts for Changeling were really cool.
>>
>>45241325
That's a terribly stupid idea.
>>
>>45244120
Why so? Explain to me why you think its a bad idea.
>>
>>45243752
Mages are... A difficult prospect.
They aren't created, or born, they just... Happen.

I too am struggling to decide what a good Mage population for my city would be. It's even worse, because the Free Council doesn't exist yet, and the local Consilium is paranoid about the Seers, such that they have a policy of banishing all Nameless from the city.
>>
>>45245156
Truenthey just happen but im not talking about in a single city. That part is simple, most cause mages go where the mysteries are. It literally as many as you would need. No what I mean is what percent of the human population become mages?
>>
>>45237405
Claimed are incredibly robust and being able to run freely in the Flesh is not something a spirit is going to take for granted.
>>
>>45244194
Merits are merits. You shouldn't turn alien powers into a merit. At least dread powers make sense.
>>
>>45246288
True but I would hardly say those alien powers are equal to dread powers. Granted some are such as energy form is defiantly dread power grade.
>>
>>45245574
We have no clue.
>>
>>45237553
I once threw a Gashadokuro at my players when they were exploring a marsh. It caught them completely off-guard. The "hardened veteran" lost his shit and hid under a dead tree while the others engaged it.

What I'm trying to say is don't limit yourself to stuff that's "creepy". Something that's just plain old WEIRD can unsettle players just as much, if not moreso.

>Give players a few vials of vampire blood, looted from mutated bandit ghouls
"Oooh, cool. Let's hang on to this physical manifestation of disease and corruption. It might come in handy."
>Give players a silver ring with an intricate gemstone eyeball, found in an otherwise perfectly normal crypt
"Aw fuck, dude, that thing's hella cursed. It's gonna get us all killed. Melt it down and douse it with holy water ASAP."
>>
>>45248156
I can live with that.
>>
File: Building a City.png (228 KB, 1428x2632) Image search: [Google]
Building a City.png
228 KB, 1428x2632
>>45248398
>>45248156
>>45245574
>>45245156
>>45243752
<---

>>45246288
For Horrors the difference is really academic. They're not player characters and most of them won't really have merits so much as "a few abilities and traits".

>>45246534
Keep in mind that the original Dread Powers and even the ones from Mortal Remains WERE Merits.

>>45248388
>The Gashadokuro are giant skeletons that are fifteen times taller than an average person, said to be created from the amassed bones of people who died of starvation. These Yōkai roam after midnight, grabbing lone travelers and biting off their heads to drink their spraying blood. There is a tell sign as the victim would hear the sound of loud ringing in the ear. The Gashadokuro are said to possess the powers of invisibility and indestructibility; though Shinto charms are said to ward them off.[1][citation needed]
Jesus fuck why. No wonder he lost his shit.

Also that second one doesn't work if your players are Aegis or something similar.
>>
>>45249290
Horrors actually have merits, just saying.
>>
>>45249476
Only the full ones.
>>
>>45249290
Also, a comment. We have a FANTASTIC monster builder, with lots of merits. Why would you need to dig into mirrors for more stuff? Especially the ALIEN section?
>>
>>45249838
Because the alien section gives more ideas. The monster stuff in the book is only a suggestion.
>>
>>45249868
Honestly, mixing 2e and 1e can cause problems. Not as bad as trying to mix in OWod, but still.
>>
>>45249921
For players I could see the issue, but for monsters? Eh. Just be a little careful and it should be fine.
>>
>>45249960
Exactly if the storyteller has somthing in mind that fine, but it helps to have examples. Also if he goes over the top with the stuff from the alien section. Well whats stopping him doing the samething without it?
>>
You know, one thing that really disappoints me that Chronicles of Darkness doesn't have is a lot of miscellaneous rules that keep getting reprinted because they can only assume you own the corebook.

Aura colours, swarm rules, that kind of thing.
>>
>>45249921
If we use only 2E stuff that extremely limits what we get to work with. We got vampire, werewolf, demon, & beast. Only demon has more then one book out, so I thinknthe door to 1E should stay open at least little longer.
>>
>>45250056
I think only demon has aura rules so far in 2E. Not sure if beast has it.
>>
Threads pretty slow right now. /CofD/ filename dump? Filename dump.
>>
>>45250076
I think 2e is moving away from "here is a list of colours that your GM will tell you that you see, then you can go look them up". I don't think Demon even uses a list of colours. But I was just looking over the Alien rules and saw the Aura Sight list and thought about how it was reprinted over and over, and also the swarm rules.

There are a lot of fringe rules. I wish they'd mentioned that sometimes not having a specialty can result in a penalty, like getting on a Motorcycle with no specialty is a -4 penalty in Armoury.
>>
File: Fucking Rahu.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Rahu.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>
>>45250099
Clearly he's an Archmaster of Life.
>>
File: Rank 4 Fire Spirit.jpg (34 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
Rank 4 Fire Spirit.jpg
34 KB, 500x338
>>
File: Moros and a Sin-eater meet.gif (494 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
Moros and a Sin-eater meet.gif
494 KB, 500x274
>>
>>45250099
I mean... we ARE talking...

But I never say no to WoD Filenames.

>>45250126
Meeting up with friends on the Twilight Network
>>
File: Ashwood Abbey.jpg (113 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Ashwood Abbey.jpg
113 KB, 1024x768
I wonder how many Sin-eaters use that Twilight Network app to get laid?
>>
>>45250132
>Image
Nah he has the Tamer of Fire legacy.
>>
>>45250150
That's a much more succinct filename. Changing it.
>>
>>45250099
You know a Thyrsus would get destroyed by a 2E Kerberos right? It is latterly a God of Death.
>>
>>
>>45250107
Got to love the derped to fuck moments after the kevlar headband stops a bullet without keeping it from rattling his brain around.
>>
File: Hunters with Striking Looks.gif (920 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
Hunters with Striking Looks.gif
920 KB, 245x180
>>
File: the Night Watch.gif (1002 KB, 358x269) Image search: [Google]
the Night Watch.gif
1002 KB, 358x269
>>45250150
Ooh, clever.
>>
>>45250163
Hence why I should change it to Archmaster. They're pretty much gods of life.
>>
File: Carthian Movement.png (718 KB, 1142x620) Image search: [Google]
Carthian Movement.png
718 KB, 1142x620
My favourite, because I made it

>>45250189
I feel like they'd be The Union.
>>
File: Cell turns Cancerous.gif (955 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
Cell turns Cancerous.gif
955 KB, 500x210
>>
File: Rote action Acrobatics.gif (2 MB, 293x289) Image search: [Google]
Rote action Acrobatics.gif
2 MB, 293x289
>>45250144
More than you'd like, but less than you'd expect. I hear that drawing a shovel on a tombstone means hit me up, and get laid to rest.
>>
File: tfw torpored too long.gif (981 KB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
tfw torpored too long.gif
981 KB, 533x300
>>
File: Les Mysteres.jpg (24 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
Les Mysteres.jpg
24 KB, 250x309
>>45250235
That image terrifies me. Also, you mean less than I'd like.
>>
File: Seeing through Obfuscate.gif (2 MB, 499x294) Image search: [Google]
Seeing through Obfuscate.gif
2 MB, 499x294
>>45250255
Shit, that was a good laugh. I had to clean the spit off my screen.
>>
>>45250264
I meant what I said.
>>
>>45250204
You know I can live with that.
>>
>>45250299
Then we are at peace.
>>
>>
File: OHMYGODITSTHEAZLU.gif (1019 KB, 233x211) Image search: [Google]
OHMYGODITSTHEAZLU.gif
1019 KB, 233x211
Someone was talking about the host last game, right?
>>
>>45250319
We is cool
>>
File: Hunter the Vigil.webm (3 MB, 710x400) Image search: [Google]
Hunter the Vigil.webm
3 MB, 710x400
>>45250338
Fuck, last thread. Not game.
>>
>>45250166
>>
>>45250107
That's not far off.
>>
>>45250283
Gentry at your door you can hear him call out to you...
>>
File: Entering the Dead Dominion.gif (988 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
Entering the Dead Dominion.gif
988 KB, 500x300
>>45250348
>Being Nusuzul

>>45250351
>Hunter Tactics
>>
>>45250107
What is this from?

>>45250286
And is that fucking shaggy laying the smackdown? The fuck?
>>
File: Luna's Embrace.png (1 MB, 972x645) Image search: [Google]
Luna's Embrace.png
1 MB, 972x645
For some reason trying to upload this tells me it has an embedded file
http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/is-this-legal-absolutely-not-leonardo-dicaprio-the-wolf-of-wall-street.gif
>>
File: OhfuckwepissedofftheStrix.webm (451 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
OhfuckwepissedofftheStrix.webm
451 KB, 480x480
>>45250439
What were you gonna name it?
>>
File: The new Princess of Bellaire.gif (561 KB, 245x130) Image search: [Google]
The new Princess of Bellaire.gif
561 KB, 245x130
When a player becomes the princess.
>>
File: Supress Other's Life.gif (498 KB, 253x190) Image search: [Google]
Supress Other's Life.gif
498 KB, 253x190
>>45250467
"Guardians of the Veil see what you did"
>>
Some things are better unknown.
>>
>>
I've been meaning to do this anyway and since most of what's been posted so far has been tumblr gifs I figure why not...

http://chroniclesofdorkness.tumblr.com/
>>
>>45250519
If I learnt anything it's that the best way to make DIO as a vamp is to give him max ranks of Obfuscate and Celerity.
>>
Am I reading the spirit rules right, in that Claim can be ended voluntarily, but Fetter is permanent unless you use the (temporary) Unfetter ability?

That seems odd.
>>
>>45236772
>number of times anon calculated range in their games: 0
>number of times anon will use range bands in their games: 0

You never used the previous system, why would you use this one?
>>
>>45250438
An OVA called Riding Bean, which is the precursor to Gunsmith Cats.
>>
>>45237881
Why would you compare Mystery Incorporated to Supernatural when you could compare it to the old Scooby Doo?
>>
>>45250286
>>45250438
I have no idea what the context is, but I love that Shaggy is beating up bikers. Just goes to show that you can't spend fifty years fighting ghosts without all of that experience going somewhere.
>>
>>45252217
My group tends to say Unfetter is a package deal with Fetter, only taking up one manifestation.

We think it's more sensible.
>>
>>45252555
Old Scooby Doo was a road trip with a monster of the week.
Early supernatural was a road trip with a monster of the week.
Do you see the problem here? Why give the same option twice.
>>
>>45253400
That's my point. Why would you say
>Such as is it like Scooby Do mystery inc. Where they stay a one location most of the time or more like early supernatural wondering the country in a car looking for the monsters?
When you could say
>Such as is it like Scooby Do mystery inc. Where they stay a one location most of the time or more like original Scooby Doo wondering the country in a car looking for the monsters?
>>
>>45253415
Hmm your point is valid. Nit picking but valid.
>>
Mage 2e question-

Now that Prime's purview encompasses Truths with a capital "T,"can the Arcanum be used to detect if someone is lying in a manner similar to Mind?

If so, would it be am Unveiling spell?
>>
>>45253264
Fine, but Unfetter is still only temporary.
>>
Mentioned this last thread.
The new rules for shields, from Hurtlocker, seem a little op. They no longer penalize melee attacks. In fact the only drawbacks I can see are that they take up a hand.
>>
Skinchangers are said to take the shape of their soul animal.

Would a Skinchanger who had his soul replaced with someone else have to get a new animal form?

Would soeone infused with a Soulchanger's soul be able to use their shapeshiftig powers
>>
>>45253739
Just checked the other 2E books can't seem to find penalty with shields. I think they got rid of that much earlier.
>>
>>45253739
Do they not have an initiative penalty? If not, maybe you should suggest that's a bit strong on the blog post.
>>
>>45253948
Didn't think about that. They do in fact have an initiative penalty. -2 for a small one and -4 for a large one. That's fair I suppose.
>>45253940
I think this is the first time they've discussed shields in 2e. In Armory they gave you a 2 die penalty to all melee attacks while holding one.
>>
>>45253948
They do have an initiative penalty it a -2 or -4 depending on the shield in question.
>>45254077
They are in every 2E book there just not in the armor section. They are in the melee weapons section.
>>
File: Melee Weapons.png (387 KB, 934x899) Image search: [Google]
Melee Weapons.png
387 KB, 934x899
>>45254077
Looks like it's the same stats as the corebook.
>>
How big would a size 6 mirror be?
>>
>>45254144
Holy shit. How have I never noticed this!? I didn't think we had rules for shields yet but we've had them all along. I feel retarded.
>>
File: Magic Mirror.jpg (104 KB, 1053x610) Image search: [Google]
Magic Mirror.jpg
104 KB, 1053x610
>>45254302
Bigger than a person. Think like six or seven feet tall and three feet wide. Bigger than this.
>>
>>45254302
About 7ft?
>>
>>45254356
Are they zodiac signs? Didn't know that
>>
File: Armour Chart.png (425 KB, 932x705) Image search: [Google]
Armour Chart.png
425 KB, 932x705
>>45254144
And just because
>>
File: Ranged Weapons.png (487 KB, 934x847) Image search: [Google]
Ranged Weapons.png
487 KB, 934x847
>>45254399
>>45254144
>>
My group might be running Hunter the Vigil, and I've heard that I'd also need Mortal Remains and the CofD core. As a quick reference, what rules were updated or added from those that override the rules in HtV 1e?
>>
>>45253551

Yes, and yes.
>>
>>45254464
You should basically just use CofD core for character creation, then give them an additional specialty in one of their chosen profession's asset skills.
Mortal Remains updates the rules for Risking Willpower and Tactical Beats/XP, as well as adding some new Dread Powers, but you can just as well stick to the CofD core book for the Dread Powers.
>>
Oh, and I see there was a dust-up yesterday about whether translating Spirits' language (aka First Tongue) was Spirit or Mind.

The answer, obviously, is both. Spirit 1 or Mind 3.
>>
File: thrive_gamblelogo.jpg (92 KB, 597x392) Image search: [Google]
thrive_gamblelogo.jpg
92 KB, 597x392
Oh, so this is what the bit in the Cheiron write up is referencing.

>>45254464
I'll do you one better than >>45254585 and share this with you https://a.uguu.se/pmchse_MortalRemainsRulesUpdate.pdf
>>
>>45249290
>Jesus fuck why. No wonder he lost his shit.
To be fair, I left out the invisible, indestructible, and "lone travelers" bits. It was basically just a giant skeleton that made weird noises.

>Also that second one doesn't work if your players are Aegis or something similar.
...That's actually a good point. My players almost always go for Union, Long Night, or Net0 type characters. I imagine groups like Ashwood or VALKYRIE would draw the kind of players whom that trick wouldn't work on.
>>
>>45254629
Thank you for that. That argument was pretty stupid.
>>
>>45254629
Hay Dave besides counterspelling or not being seen. How can you protect yourself from sensory damaging spell?
>>
>>45255347
Armour spells, contextual immunity, presumably supernatural tolerance?
>>
>>45255347
Depends on the spell.
You can protect yourself against an arcanum, against whatever effect the damaging spell happens to use, probably against supernatural effects in general with Prime, get applicable (mage) armor, boost your withstand rating if any (probably not if it's a damaging spell), boost your hitboxes I guess, etcetera.
>>
>>45254144
...Does this mean that RaW, you can Thrust harder when you have a shield?
>>
>>45255374
>>45255413
Armor applied against supernal magic? I was under the impression that it would not.
>>
>>45255491
It's a Forces effect, Spell Shield or Spell Wall, something like that. Treated as armour vs. magic
>>
>>45255515
Hmm well thank you for that information.
>>
>>45255425
Sure. Could do pretty nicely mixing that with Rapidity for a light feinty style, making up for the cumbersome shield by taking only quick, fast strikes, throwing people off guard with your shield to make killing blows.
>>
>>45254629
>Oh, and I see there was a dust-up yesterday about whether translating Spirits' language (aka First Tongue) was Spirit or Mind.
>The answer, obviously, is both. Spirit 1 or Mind 3.

Wouldn't understanding First Tongue or any other language only require a Mind 1 Unveiling or Knowing spell?
>>
>>45256222
I think understanding a target would just be Mind 1. You make sure you understand what he means to say.
Actual learning of a language would be Mind 2.
>>
>>45256222
>>45256769
And Universal Language (the "I understand every language" spell) is pretty clearly Mind 3, since you're Weaving your own mind.
>>
>>45256769

Dave stated it would be Mind 3, but I don't see why it would be part of the Practices of Fraying, Perfecting or Weaving (or Mind 2 Ruling, Shielding or Veiling).
>>
>>45256812

Except the effect desired is just translating First Tongue, not "understanding every language.
>>
Story time? Story time!

>trying for the third time to ST my New Orleans MtAw scenario (based on N.O. VtR book)
>tired of starting adventures on beggining of metaplot (February 2014, one month before MardiGras)
>ok, let's advance the plot and put then in last week of October 2014
>in original adventure, they would be at least powerful enough to face big metaplot issue
>give them a lot of bonus to start with, more arcana dots, free merits and lots of dots in rotes
>this should be enough
>basic plot: Be guided by a higher spirit to find an old object (I decided to use that cursed emerald on core rulebook)
>go into depths of N.O. swamp
>old house where old object was
>time to fight
>crocodiles fight.ok.
>demon (inferno, not descent) not that good
>one of PCs went straight to boss. Seer Master of Death
>PC is also Moros, tries to crack the floor above boss so he feel down
>not good enough. One of boss' legs gets stuck on the floor
>boss puts PC to sleep
>steal soul time
>one of PCs (who was fighting the demon) was a Fate focused Acanthus
>uses scry to see what's happening to friend
>oh fuck
>ok, GM, I want to wave the Fate so the floor cracks down (since it's an old as fuck house, it will be enough) and my friend gets safe
>rollss Fate + Gnosis
>6 successes
>I secretly roll the "you're abusing from Fate yu sick bastard" dices
>...
>ok, the floor cracks down
>the WHOLE third floor cracks down on you
>and since the house is old as fuck, the second floor also cracks down
>but this isn't enough. The first floor also cracks down
>but it's okay. Moros PC is lay down there, sleepy and confy in the ashes of your enemies

But since he did 6 fucking sucesses, none of PCs died. How ironically...
>>
File: xn15S16.jpg (37 KB, 599x341) Image search: [Google]
xn15S16.jpg
37 KB, 599x341
>The Tokyo settings
>>
>>45257900
So much true...

It's a shame they didn't the same as WoD oriental setting...
>>
>>45250286
I think that's more the unarmed defense merit.
>>
Does anyone else feel that Vampire: the Requiem Second Edition really fucked with the overall feel of the game?
I tried running it with a group recently, and they've been in two of my previous Vampire games, but for some reason they really didn't enjoy this one. The concept of feeding grounds didn't make a ton of sense to either the players or me when placed in the WoD, and they felt that the penalties for losing Humanity amounted to nothing, whereas in previous Vampire games it felt more like a slow crawl into insanity and violence.
Any opinions?
>>
>>45260092
CofD is sanitised to the point of uselessness if you liked nWoD
>>
>>45260092

Hasn't feeding grounds been in the setting since First Edition? There's a 1e SAS that's just straight up about poaching, even.
>>
>>45260092
VtR 2E is kind of like a supernatural high-school simulator. You've got the rich kids, the jocks, the s̶l̶u̶t̶s̶ popular ones, the nerds, and the gross/weird ones who people expect to plant a bomb in the library. Everyone's in a clique, and gossip is the primary currency.

They TRIED to reinforce the personal horror aspect with Touchstones, but there's just too much fun to be had with seducing the freshman Mekhet dork into pants-ing the Ventrue douchebag.

</metaphor>
>>
>>45260159

I wouldn't go as far as to call it "sanitized", but taking the Victorian/Gothic influence out of nWoD has certainly altered the setting a lot more than any mechanical change. It's subtle at first, but the deeper we get into Second Edition, the more it's visible.
>>
>>45260250
Yeah, I don't know.
It just feels...not World of Darkness.
VtR had always felt like--at least within my group--a bunch of antiquated traditionalists squabbling over control of the city as they lose control over themselves or their actions.
Now, it feels like...well, shitty teen horror, like you said.
Is that the general consensus over here in /tg/ or am I in a minority finally?
>>
>>45260250

When you put it that way, it seems like VtR 2e is a lot closer to oWoD than it is to VtR 1e.
>>
>>45260369

Honestly I think you were reading a lot more VtM into VtR 1e than was ever there to begin with. VtR 1e / 2e felt pretty similar to me, both so wildly divergent from VtM.
>>
>>45260410
Yeah, it might've just been my group dynamic.
It's a plausible explanation.
>>
>>45260346
>I wouldn't go as far as to call it "sanitized", but taking the Victorian/Gothic influence out of nWoD has certainly altered the setting a lot more than any mechanical change.

Thee whole thing is heart-breakingly boring and repetitive
>>
>>45260369

I wouldn't say that you're alone or the majority, but there's been a pretty strong vibe of "CofD is mechanically better/mechanically different but the magic of nWoD 1e is gone" in these threads. There's also folks who like CofD way more than nWoD 1e. I think it really does come down to how you want to approach your horror. 1e comes at it in a way that's just not going to work as well in 2e.
>>
>>45260407
IMO the big difference between it and VtM is that Masquerade has a lot more other stuff going on outside of the melodramatic squabbling. There are Sabbat raids, unknown/non-Kindred threats, Antediluvian bullshit, and an impending apocalypse, all of which readily overshadow the other, "OMG can you believe he mispronounced the elder's name?" stuff.

In VtR, you've got the ChroD toolbox going on, so none of those outside factors exist unless the ST makes them exist. Even the Strix are presented more as an option than something that the players are guaranteed to encounter. Out-of-the-box, you just don't have as much of that other stuff, so the gossip and the power plays are almost always relevant.
>>
>>45260250
Im still pissed my players refused to play a mage game where they all play high school kids
>>
>>45260472

It certainly gives off a "safer" vibe, in that Morality/Integrity is no longer a hard downward spiral and all the splats are getting a power boost. Turning "big deal moments" into a hard mechanic also kills some of the emotional impact.
>>
>>45260666
That sounds fun as fuck. Why would they say no?
>>
>>45260831

I second that. Who the hell turns down high school wizard dickery, especially Mage's kind of wizard dickery?
>>
>>45260831
They thought I was going to full magical relm
>>
>>45261160
what reason do they have to think that kids are your magical realm anon
>>
>>45261160

I guess that concern's kind of legit, since it's a WoD game and it's got that stigma, but surely they'd know you by now.
>>
>>45261214
I think the fact they know me gave root to there worrys
>>
>>45261160
Wait like magical girl sort of stuff. Cause they could get pretty dark.
>>
>>45261400
It's WoD, if it gets dark, that's excellent.
>>
>>45261400

That's...not really what magical realm means. It's more like:

"Oh, I guess you all enter the Cootchie-Cootchie-Coo Forest, where all the trees have little, plastic-like nubs on their roots that gently and pleasantly tickle your bare feet! How inconvenient for you, and how uncanny that this is the third time today! Roll to resist wanting to be ticked forever and I'll be in the bathroom for a bit."
>>
>>45261496
........... I have no Words for this......
>>
>>45260410
>Honestly I think you were reading a lot more VtM into VtR 1e than was ever there to begin with.

Exactly.

>>45260666
>Im still pissed my players refused to play a mage game where they all play high school kids

Not every gamer has unresolved adolescent issues and needs or wants to run revenge power fantasy chronicles.

While the CofD can certainly be used for such purposed, many much prefer more mature horror.
>>
>>45261605

I don't really see how having teen characters means that the game has to be revenge or power fantasy. Teen Problems don't have to lie into one or the other to be fun, gameable stuff.
>>
>>45261746

Far more often than not, a teen character game is either a chronicle played by actual teens, and represents their experience and maturity, or by adults, and while possibly fun to some, generally devolves into a power fantasy play evincing unresolved teen or insecurity issues.

It's not nearly as fun as some believe or suggest to a great many players, particularly because it doesn't let the CofD live up to its full mature potential.

In any event, everyone should play the games the want, how they want. I was simply not surprised that the Anon's group or others might not be interested in high school Mage.
>>
>>45261940

>full mature potential

So, not a White Wolf game then.
>>
>>45260092
No. Overall everyone seems to like 2e more. In fact, I didn't care for Vampire and now it might be my favourite game.
Also, to remind you, the penalty for losing humanity is:
● Several dice pools become capped by Humanity
● You lose Touchstones, making it easier to lose Humanity
● You get your Clan Bane, which you don't get until you lose Humanity
● Your Banes get stronger
● You likely gain more Banes, because why not
-- ● This means you lose Humanity faster
● Interacting with humans becomes more penalized

Not to mention that Humanity is basically the same as it was previously, but with more Breaking Points that emphasize that it's not just about being a good person.

Also, yes, feeding grounds have been a thing forever. It's even a Merit in Damnation City.

>>45260159
>>45260346
>>45260472
What are you even talking about.

>>45260688
>>45260250
I disagree vehemently. In fact, I feel the exact opposite. A lot of things in 1e had a strong gameplay and story segregation to the point that it was easy to ignore many of the drawbacks and downsides of a character type. Requiem 2e codifies many of the themes and makes them stand out more by giving them mechanics. Touchstones and Humanity and the Banes really drive home themes, as opposed to simply existing just to exist.

>>45261160
So? Go fucking magical realm. You bet a teenage Thyrsus would get caught fucking a spirit. That shit would be all over the MageBook. Which is a thing in the Free Council book.

>>45261400
No. Teen sex. You know, like a ton of movies have (even if the actors are all 30). Like all the BEST horror movies have.
>>
>>45261565
It's still much, much better than the original.
I can't believe you have managed to miss that.
In the words of internet-generations past: Lurk more.
>>
>>45262570
>Which is a thing in the Free Council book.

That people try to forget...
>>
>>45261940
>>45261605
I like playing teenagers because my teen years were pretty boring, sure, but I also like playing teen characters (and enjoyed running that teenage Sin-eater game) because teens have restrictions that adults don't. I mean, look at Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That show, but WoD. That's the kind of game I enjoy running. Dealing with school problems and also parents and teachers mistaking your sleeping in class and breaking curfew as the result of TEEN PROBLEMS like drugs and sex... as opposed to going out every night to fight monsters.

And then your characters DO actually turn to drugs and sex and teen drinking because they can't tell mom where those bruises come from and IS THAT A GUN!?

And then eventually you can't keep the precarious balance of living a real life as a teenager with friendship and school and family obligations with being a supernatural or a monster hunter and you just snap and steal a car, rob the hardware store, and hit the road like Hack/Slash or Supernatural.

Seriously, though, that's my dream game. Something that goes from Buffy to Supernatural.
>>
>>45262570
Aspel, is that you?

I'm glad you're not one of these idiots who completely fails to grasp Vampire, even if it does have flaws.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.