[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Board Game General /bgg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: board game general.jpg (251 KB, 1280x670) Image search: [Google]
board game general.jpg
251 KB, 1280x670
Board Game General, blogger edition.

Last Thread: >>45080126

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/V9c2a6wU

>What was your last board game experience like? Please post it as a blog entry.
>>
File: 1394911104689.gif (2 MB, 209x213) Image search: [Google]
1394911104689.gif
2 MB, 209x213
>>45188190
>What was your last board game experience like?

>got together and played games
>it was fun
>retarded friend was retarded and failed to grasp every new game
>try to explain that the games weren't hard, he just never ever grasps anything remotely strategic
>still loves to play strategy games
>>
>>45188190
>What was your last board game experience like? Please post it as a blog entry.

Introduced the wife to Dungeon Run today, as usual she got annoyed at herself for not picking up the rules instantly (her little trait apparently) but after I had answered her many questions and correcting her on how it should be played, we settled in and she picked it up on the second run through.... and really took to heart the back stabbing element of it.
>>
File: IMG_1779.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1779.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I played zombicide again. This time we were prepared and we did the second level and it was much easier than our attempt at the first one.
>>
Played casual games.

Still hate Superfight (with the default rules and stupid attention whore players). Even more than Cards Against Humanity over and over and over and over.

Wish I could consistently cull our game group down to 4 or 5 players.
>>
Here's a question:

What games do you have that just never hit the table, and why?

For me:
Firefly (time)
Kingdom Builder (interest)
Carcassonne (interest)
Bohnanza (interest)
Marvel Legendary (deckbuilder interest - though chances are improving)
Lords of Waterdeep (euro interest - though again interest is increasing)
Relic Runners (literally never played it, though I've owned it for a few years)
>>
>>45190217
Also,

Munchkin (for the obvious reasons)
>>
>>45190217
Quirkle. (boring)
Warhammer Invasion. (boring)
Munchin. (boring)
Worker placements (boring and single strategy)
>>
>>45190217
A lot.

Between me and my friends we have a pretty large pool of games to draw from, but we don't get around to my stuff that much. I'm not buying much right now though, just the odd expansion to games I already have. Too many unopened games to buy anything new unless I know I'm playing it that day.

>steam
>orleans
>xidit
>seasons
>among the stars
>eldritch horror
>heroes of might and magic
>>
>>45190217

Feudality (art friends who can't stand the simplistic art so much they're incapable of enjoying the gameplay)
>>
I recently played Formula D with about 8 people, had a blast. Never thought I'd enjoy a racing boardgame as much as just playing Burnout with someone.
>>
Dear Blog,

Last Sunday we played a game of StarCraft: BW: TBG. There were four people all in all, and for two of them that was their first game so we decided to play 2v2. I chose Kerrigan and my teammate got Mengsk, the other team got Raynor and the Overmind (played by a first timer).

I was the first player and I chose the first leadership card with two bases, the galaxy setup was not so favorable to us. My first base neighbored with Raynor and Mengsk and the second one was isolated.

Looking back we one big mistakes - we should have both neighboured Mengsk and ganged up on him from the first turn. As it was me and Mengsk were duking it out for two turns and while Zerg can build more units he started with 2 firebats and 3 additional ghosts and we were *both* hanging by a thread. I ended the first round having to rebuild my base and I've build 2 zerglings and 2 hydralisks. The second round was not much better for me but I managed to route everything from my planet except one ghost that only survived because he had cloaking.

In the meantime the first-timers were expanding and the Overmind started to present a danger to my other planet. So I built a limiter planetary defense and hoped that they wouldn't attack both of my bases at once. Unfortunately that's exactly what happened.

[1/3]
>>
>>45192078

I lost one planet completely to Mengsk and the other was my 3 Zerglings to his two Hydralisks on the spot where my base was (spot with 2VPs). Fortunately, I got an event card with 2 Zerglings so I managed to retake it, rebuild the base and started pumping Zerglings and queens (limited minerals and it's better than nothing).

Next round I it was phase 2 and I chose Kerrigan on my leadership card - I was planning to attack the neighboring Overmind base, and use a golden research to take Kerrigan's technology on my hand. Overmind didn't have any detectors so I thought I was safe but I made a second mistake here - my research order and build orders got blocked and the Overmind build a limited planetary defense of his own.

I attacked Overmind's planet (but not base) in the hope of killing something and detering an attack but he was at 2 planets, and I on 1 and he just rebuilt. He also killed Kerrigan in a counter attack (I hoped he would go for the base).
Next turn I managed to build one Ultralisk and a couple of Zerglings but it was the end of me. The Overmind attacked twice with Tarrasque and a couple of mutas and I was done for.

[2/3]
>>
>>45192086
My teammate was as useful as a dead fish throughout all of this but that was expected as she was new. On the other hand the Overmind played well which was a surprise because the guy that played him was both new and known for being a "pacifist" (he just doesn't attack in any game where he has an option not to, and in the game he has to he's very loath to do so).

tl;dr - played StarCraft, got my shit pushed in, made stupid mistakes, had fun.

[3/3]
>>
>>45190217
> Dominant Species
It just doesn't hit the table due to time I guess. We play twice a week - on the weekend and during the work week. On the weekned it's StarCraft and during the week it's something light, Dominant Species is none of them
> Pandemic
Got stale after we consistently won on hardest difficulty. I might buy an expansion to help but for coops Ghost Stories right now is the bomb.
> BattleCon, Neuroshima: Hex
Gf is busy right now and I only play 2 player games with her.
>>
>>45188995
Exactly this, they struggled to grasp Camel Up, and took a few minutes every turn.
>>
>>45188190
Played Tsuro and Clue: D&D with the wife and some D&D buddies + SO's.....was pretty sweet.
We did it after brunch. Yes we're those kind of people. Mimosas, quiche, sunday brunches.
>>
>>45192967

>taking long, protracted turns
Is there anything worse?

I mean I get it when I'm playing with someone completely new to the game, but a lot of the time this one buddy of mine just doesn't get it. To this day he doesn't really get Race for the Galaxy, which he works around by saying he just doesn't like the game.
>>
>>45192078
>>45192086
>>45192151

Re-reading that all and I should have said Raynor each time I said Mengsk after the first ;/
>>
>>45195759
>taking long, protracted turns
>Is there anything worse?
Not really. I hate that shit.

No, wait. I think taking long protracted turns... Because you keep getting off-topic is worse.

My brother-in-law is fucking awful about that, and then acts like a baby when we ask him if his 30 minute plus turn of Arkham Horror is fucking over yet.

I was only half-jokingly going to start an entire side game for the rest of us to play during his God damn turns, but he didn't see the humor, or our point, and nearly had an autism-fit at the mere mention of the phrase "side game".

Which of course added 5 more minutes of impotent rage to his turn.

If his girlfriend wasn't the second biggest "boardgamer" in our group, we'd schedule our bigger games without him.
>>
File: 1381083421923.jpg (12 KB, 200x255) Image search: [Google]
1381083421923.jpg
12 KB, 200x255
>>45196053
>i didn't realize i was up
>mind if we have a quick smoke break

These two used to come up a lot too. A little break is tolerable I guess so people can use the bathroom.

>playing game with my mom
>everyone else takes normal length turns
>she's taking 10 minutes every time
>try to help her go faster
>don't tell me what to do!
>keeps making mistakes and getting further behind
>>
File: dragonstrike.jpg (9 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
dragonstrike.jpg
9 KB, 500x384
/bgg/, what are the best dungeon crawl board games?

I've only played Dungeon! and the newer D&D ones, they were okay.
>>
Had a new guy at a meetup on Monday. He seemed nice, but he was probably somewhere on the autistic spectrum; he was wearing a jumper that had a few noticeable stains, and for some reason he'd go off on tangents based off of innocuous stuff people said.

Don't get me wrong, Kojak does indeed still stand up to the test of time, but I'm here to play games. Time and a place, and all that. Didn't help that he didn't understand how spells are formed in Epic Spell Wars (somebody got it for Christmas), despite people telling him about three times.

Three.

I had considered bringing out One Night Ultimate Werewolf, but the he mentioned that he'd attended more casual meetups recently, and that he considers games like The Resistance and Avalon "distasteful".

"Distasteful"?

My dear fellow, the only game you brought was some 20+ year old game for 6 year olds where you spin a dial and say a word that begins with whatever letter the dial landed on, as long as it matches the theme given to you on the card somebody else. You are not arguing from a position of authority. You are not a particularly witty or interesting conversationalist. You are a boring little man, and I will only play with you again if there is no other option available to me.
>>
>>45198689
Is this now copy pasta? Because I've read about Mr. Maglev trains several times in these threads.
>>
>>45197274
Descent 2.0/Imperial Assault for player vs. group, Shadows of Brimstone for Co-op. I hear many good things about Gears of War as well.
>>
>>45199011
I've posted about this guy in other threads that asked about everyone's most recent session in the OP (I made sure to omit mention of Japanese transportation this time, because apparently that triggers some people). I was going to wait until this Sunday to post, as I've got another meetup then, but I noticed this thread was on page 9.
>>
>>45199331
You bring up maglev trains one time and the guy just doesn't let it go.
>>
>>45192967
Camel Up is shit tho
>>
>>45199729
Maglev trains fucked his wife.
>>
>>45199798
oi ur shit no one asked you for your opinion
>>
Boring post, but looking for some recommendations for games to play with my family. The limiting factor is my two sisters (17 and 19) who aren't interested in anything too long or complicated. 3-5 players would be good.

Examples of games enjoyed:
Settlers of Catan
Ticket to Ride (Europe)
Masterpiece
Scotland Yard/Mr X
Boring shit like Monopoly and Cluedo
Yahtzee
The Really Nasty Horse Racing Game

Puerto Rico was recently acquired, but they haven't taken to it. For now that seems to be past the limit of complexity, if this helps at all.

Any advice would be appreciated

ps co-op games are probably a bad idea as I know I'm the type of person that would just dominate and basically play for everyone
>>
File: IMG_1780.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1780.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
boy howdy look what just came in the mail
>>
>>45200285
Prepare for good times Anon! And check out board game geek for some extras in their file section. (I'm not sure if can still get all the files from FFG's site anymore.)
>>
File: senpai.png (843 KB, 1240x826) Image search: [Google]
senpai.png
843 KB, 1240x826
>>45199331
B-
But...

Baka senpai!
>>
>>45200103
Love Letter for 3-4, Sushi Go for 5 (get both, they're like $10 each)
Sheriff of Nottingham
No Thanks
Codenames
Carcassonne
Deception: Murder in Hong Kong

And if they just absolutely want to do something like Yahtzee, try to get them to play Greedy Dice or one of the other hundred identical but slightly differently names push your luck dice rolling games.
>>
>>45200340
Yup, I found the extra missions deck already set up on a card making website linked off of board game geek.
>>
Pixel Lincoln: kinda shit or actually good?
>>
>>45200393
Thanks m8. We have Carcassonne but only the males in our family like it. I'll probably get Sheriff of Nottingham, heard good stuff about it and if seems fun. Codenames seems like just the thing for large family gatherings too.

I'm not a huge fan of Yahtzee myself, but our father has basically forced it into a tradition by making us play every night when we go on our summer holiday. I have probably played over 500 games (and I'm not even good after all that practise).
>>
Anyone know anywhere to get cheap board games in the DFW area? I live literally 5 minutes from Madness but hate paying full price for games. I'm looking for thrift stores and stuff like that that might have board games
>>
>>45199331
>I was going to wait until this Sunday to post

But then you thought you'd just shit up this thread with a stale recycled post.
>>
>>45201191
Christ, I'm no fan of Minifig, but the thread WAS on page 9. I didn't see you bumping the thread...
>>
>>45189581

You the guy who had problems knocking the game out in less than like 5 hours before?

You play with the alt zombies and dogs yet? They really escalate things nicely.

>>45190217

All of the games that fall into that category have the same problem. It's been too long since I played them, and I'm not always in the mood to relearn games.

Think I need to break down and get something stupid simple like Tsuro. Don't really have to relearn it, and it's fun enough way to pass time while shit talking with friends.

Nightfall is probably the highest ranked on the list of games that need to be played again though.

>>45195759

Being a rules lawyer, but constantly being wrong and not learning to shut up has gotta be ranked up...erm...down there, whatever. Had a guy who kept trying to tell people how to play king of tokyo at a party. My copy and I'm pretty knowledgeably on the rules. It was pretty damn grating.

>>45197274

Descent/IA (sadly suffer from the same "best way to win" issue)
Myth (I love it, many hate it. Megacon is kind of shit at writing rulebooks)
Mice and mystics (got it as a gift, heard it's good, but doesn't survive long after playing the campaign through once, but I can't confirm)
Dungeonquest (not super heavy RPG elements, but it's a dungeon, and you crawl through it, rarely if ever do you crawl out)

>>45198689
>>45199011

Thanks /tg/, before this shit I never even really knew or cared about maglev trains. Now every time I run into some awkward as shit person anywhere, I'm just going to expect them to bring up fucking maglev trains

>>45200103

King of Tokyo
Zombie Dice
Tsuro

>>45200285

The pact is made. Now you must paint all of the minis
>>
>>45201989
>You play with the alt zombies and dogs yet? They really escalate things nicely.

Nope, I only have the base game right now. I was seeing if I liked it before I got any expansions. I'll probably pick one up at some point. I enjoy the game well enough and my friend who isn't into very technical games had a lot of fun with it. It's simple enough that I could see just about anyone enjoying it to some degree if they aren't put off by the theme.
>>
File: original[1].png (941 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
original[1].png
941 KB, 1920x1080
Dear Blog,

Today we played Betrayal at House on the Hill. It was the best time ever. So suspenseful and spooky. I can't wait to play again and see who will be the next haunt revealer!

>Good night.
>>
>>45200658
Also since you dad love yahtzee, you can try to get him into some games that have yahtzee mechanisms like King of Tokyo, Bang: The Dice Game, or maybe D-Day Dice if he likes war theme, Age of War if he like eastern style stuff,

Hell, even getting him to upgrade to Kismet (adds differently colored sides for more scoring options like flushes and such) or Pickomino (other options like stealing from others) would be a boon.
>>
>>45190217
At least half the games I own have never been played; my problem is I always want to give the new people a game - show that board gamers are a friendly lot, that kind of shit - and their eyes glaze over if I want to play something heavier than Dominion. I've taken to selling off quite a few games in my collection (mostly VHS/DVD games) and it still won't affect my played/not played percentage. I'm tempted to use that weird stat checker thing on bgg.com, just to see how bad it is for me...
>>
>>45202036

>It's simple enough that I could see just about anyone enjoying it to some degree if they aren't put off by the theme.

Yeah, that's why it's one of the main games I take to parties/cons/whatever. It's not hard at all to teach, it's a light RPG that gives you some choice on how your character develops, you need to pull your own weight, and you get to kill a bunch of zombies.

You really don't absolutely NEED the other games to use alt zombies. One type can only be killed in melee, one type blows up when you shoot them...don't remember the other type. Dogs just get like 3 or 4 actions, so they move around the board crazy fast. If you're really getting some playtime in with the game, then the expansions are worth it.

Not sure if you're thinking about it or not, but if you invest heavily into zombicide standard, I'd say to pass on black plague unless you absolutely love the change in theme. The game has significant, yet still minor upgrades to the system, and at the end of the day you're still pretty much playing the same thing, but with a different coat of paint over it.
>>
>>45197274
Don't listen to anyone telling you Shadows of Brimstone is good. It feels like a game still in the testing phase and needs an excessive amount of fanmade stuff to make it good.

I've only played 2 others:

Gears of War is good but its not an rpg in anyway whatsoever so thats something you have to take into consideration.

Imperial Assault is okay but it feels less like a crawl and more like a race to the finish.

There's a fucking infestation of kikestarter dungeon crawler games coming out this year though, hopefully one or two of them end up being good.
>>
File: 1452207948563.png (4 MB, 2500x1258) Image search: [Google]
1452207948563.png
4 MB, 2500x1258
Which of these game should i get for a light workment placer?

-lord of waterdeep
-stone age
-bruges
-village

i am really drawn to the theme of village
>>
>>45202702
I've only played LoW and Stone Age, but I'll go with Stone Age
>>
>>45188190
Played my 3rd game of stronghold 2nd edition, this time against someone who hadn't played it before.

I'm enjoying it as an asymmetric 2 player strategy game, and looking forward to a rematch against one of the players I've already gone up against.
>>
>>45203842
Should I just skip 1st edition?
>>
Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization
or
Grand Austria Hotel
>>
>>45202702
Heard good things about Viticulture as well. Probably not as light, but it's definitely on my wishlist.
>>
>>45188190
>SUSD's latest review of Blood Rage has a huge article about how the female mini's are "problematic"

Is it so fucking hard to keep your politics out of a fucking review these days? Just tell me your opinion on the game, it's mechanics and components.
>>
>>45205858
meant to say paragraph, not article. Damn I need some sleep.
>>
>>45205858
> keep your politics out of --

That is not a valid request. All things are political.
>>
>>45205858
Well what do you expect from SUSD? That's a SJW website.

>>45205964
Doesn't mean you have to tell people your political views, i.e. teachers are normally not allowed to talk about theirs.
>>
>>45205858
How are they "problematic"?
Is it tittays and chainmail bikini? I'm lookin' dat shit up ASAP.
>>
>>45206000
They are professional critics, it's literally their job.
>>
File: ElderThing.jpg (37 KB, 500x622) Image search: [Google]
ElderThing.jpg
37 KB, 500x622
Played Eldritch Horror a few weeks ago, ran Elder Things scenario.

Reinvigorated our enjoyment of the game. Running against the base gods and Yig was started to get a bit tired, but we finally used the Antarctica board by running Elder Things and contrary to our expectations it didn't encumber the game at all: if anything, it focused it better, because Elder Things is such a focused and flavorful scenario.

We've been cycling through the different gods so far trying to finally beat one, but Rise of the Elder Things is finally an Ancient One we actually want to try twice or more in a row.
>>
>>45205858
When I saw the review posted this morning I figured they'd dedicate half the review to his SJW complaints, was actually pretty pleased it was under 1/4 the article. Hating on the game for using mini American sized cards seemed a bit silly, as did the four recommendations they listed each offering only one aspect of the game, instead of a comparable single replacement.
>>
>>45205964
Perhaps we should review any Axis vs Allies games negatively because we don't want people thinking it's ok to be a nazi.
>>
>>45205964

>All things are political

They're really not. That's not to say you can't trying to take a political interpretation of anything and everything, because you can, but that doesn't mean anyone has to accept it, and that doesn't mean the thing itself is political: it just means you are.
>>
>>45202625
>Don't listen to anyone telling you Shadows of Brimstone is good.
Nah, screw you, SoB has a great theme and is fun as hell.

I'd say its big problem is just the cost of things - it doesn't stand up to tons (and tons) of play very well with only one base game box, so you'll wind up spending a ton of money on it.

It can be super random, but also fun as hell.
>>
>>45202702
Light? Personally I'd go with Stone Age, but Waterdeep is fine too. I like Waterdeep a lot, but I feel like Stone Age is "lighter".

>-lords of waterdeep
My first worker-placement, and I still do love the game. The expansions bring a lot to the table, but I still enjoy the base game a lot.
>-stone age
Don't own it, but played a lot. I really enjoy it, and I feel like it's pretty "light". I don't think I've had a -bad- game of Stone Age, even if it does have a lot of randomness to it.
>-bruges
Haven't played.
>-village
I have a special relationship with Village: I was -always- up for another game of it, and I looked forward to playing it every time... but I fucking hate it every time I play it. To me, it feels like an absolute clusterfuck of stuff going on. But at the same time, I look at it and think "This LOOKS like a good game. This SHOULD BE a good game. I must be doing it wrong." And then I play it again, and absolutely do not enjoy the experience, and wonder what the fuck is wrong with me.

That said, most people I know who like eurogames LOVE Village.
>>
Looking for recommendations on wargames.

Has anyone played Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear? Is it good enough?
>>
>>45188190

My last board game experience was last Saturday, where we played Betrayal at House on the Hill. The Haunt that ended up getting revealed was that there was a hidden traitor infected with an alien disease, and we had to create a serum to inoculate all the normies

End result being we create the serum, the guy holding it reveals himself as traitor and tries to run away, and we immediately catch up and beat his little asian child body to death and inject everyone.
>>
I'm considering getting Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn.

I have a group that generally likes Magic. One of our players is WAY more into Magic than the others (to the point of being an L2 judge), but we all generally enjoy it enough to indulge him in his occasional Commander and cube draft nights. It also helps that he hosts; while I generally bring the night's game, he provides the venue.

I'm a Netrunner player, but that doesn't work well for a 4-player group since it's 2-player only. I'm also a Star Wars LCG player, but I don't have the time or the energy to teach them enough so they can make decks for a 2-on-2 game or a challenge deck game, or transport my entire cardpool with me to do it. I'd consider Game of Thrones 2.0 for melee games, but the Magic judge tried 1.0's core set in a joust with me and it went very poorly, so I don't think he'd be down. Doomtown: Reloaded seems like it has too steep a learning curve for these guys, and I'm looking for something that plays well as a standalone, not a proper LCG to get invested in alongside my others. Lord of the Rings MIGHT be doable -- I have a pristine core set and another I've used to make a solo deck that I've yet to properly test, so I can take the tokens and meters from the opened one to make the unopened core set 4-player playable with the starter decks -- but the Magic judge is iffy on co-op games. And of course none of the other LCGs support more than 2 players out of the box.

Is Ashes worth getting for precon and/or draft play? True constructed isn't really workable, since I'd be the only one with the cards, but from flipping through the rulebook it seems like using the prescribed decklists and/or drafting could go over well. Is it a good game?
>>
how do i make friends to play games with

also how do i make friends
>>
>>45208527

I've had good luck using the Meetup website
>>
>>45208527

Do you have a job?

Talk to your co-workers about innocuous shit. Try to prod them into talking, then talk about what they start talking about.

Politely take turns during the conversations, and try to be occasionally funny -- but clean and light, unless they make dark or off-color jokes first. The effort to be funny is what really counts rather than being actually funny, but if it isn't working, you should probably stop trying to be funny after the second or third failed attempt. Don't pretend you like someone you don't like; if you have minor disagreements with someone, those can usually be smoothed over by just changing the subject, but if you disagree with someone on something very important to you, it's okay to tactfully find a way out of the conversation and then carefully avoid the person.

Do this for a few days, and someone may like you enough to invite you to join them for a lunch break or something.

You now have a friend. Not a close one, but a friend.

If, at any point in this process, they ask you about your hobbies, go ahead and say you're a hobby board gamer. Avoid sperging out about it, but try to make it sound cool. Tell them a little bit about your favorite games, but stick to basic broad concepts, and try to stick to accessible games that a beginner could play. The point here is to cultivate interest.

So then, once you're friends, you can start inviting them to do board games. Best to make a few friends, then invite them all at once.
>>
>>45208824
thanks dude

im off to get a job and make friends
>>
>>45208873

If you don't have a job, do the same at whatever school you might be going to.

If you're a NEET, you may need to fix that first.
>>
>>45207850
thank you
>>
So my buddy came over and we played zombicide, dungeon quest, and star realms. We tried to play gears of war but it turns out we were too stoned to figure it out all at once. Maybe next time.
>>
>>45209005
did u fugg
>>
Is tabletop simulator worth getting for my wife and I? What sort of games are on it?
>>
>>45205858
Don't give them views. No it's not hard, but being better then others gives them warm fee-fees
>>
>Dear Blog,
>My last board game experience was game night being cancelled on my birthday. The end.

Guess there's always next month.
>>
>>45205964
>All things are political.
I don't see how Blood Rage relates to governance and public affairs anon.
>>
>>45206494
>trying to finally beat one
So no one ever played Charlie Kane?
>>
>>45210562
>Government is the only scenario for political manoeuvres.
Oh, Anon...
>>
File: The Steel Climax.jpg (45 KB, 351x247) Image search: [Google]
The Steel Climax.jpg
45 KB, 351x247
>mfw I just bought a game that's been on my wishlist for a while
>>
>>45210584

We have most games.

We still lose a lot, because in those games the reserve stays a pile of garbage no matter how much we refresh it, or people roll terribly despite having good gear, or hard rumors kick our ass.
>>
>>45202270
I love me some zombiecide.
Once you learn not to stick still for too long it gets easy.

Chuck in the expansions, and you get fucked really easily.
>>
>>45212488

Is rue morg worth it? I've been thinking about it since it's the only one I currently lack
>>
>>45212524
Its alright. To be honest, unless your specifically playing with those tiles, that spawn cards are useless.
Half of them are bed spawns so you wont use them if your not using rue tiles.

We tend to mix all the boxes in regardless of what the mission says, but follow the objective/tiles still.

The characters in it are a little OP if your playing base scenarios without mixing in the new spawns.

Depending on the price its pretty good. But unfortunately you need the zombivor box if you want the rue morgue zombivors as it has 12 survivors in it instead of the normal 6.
>>
>>45212524
I got mine for 125 AUD which was cheap so if you can get it for around that price then sweet go for it.
Thats about 75USD, remembering that Australia gets aids prices for no reason.
>>
>>45212554

>zombivores

Absolutely hated that idea, never play it.

I'd be using the new zombies for sure though. Think I saw a Kickstarter set for sale fairly cheap somewhere.

>>45212593

Ugh, it's like that places taxes fun
>>
>>45212658
Well they just added GST to our online purchases so yeah.
Not only did those already cost more than other countries AND instore prices, now they cost 10% more because of tax.
The reasoning was to keep it competitive for local chain stores... man they already were cheaper, digital is just more convenient.
AAAAAAANYWAY

Yeah im not big on zombivors either, The new zombies are pretty awesome in that you can have a really op weapon and kill them all, but they turn into crawlers instead of dying because you screwed up half your rolls. Thats nice. And i like the aesthetic of the hospital tiles. Its good for running homebrew mission where you run through town to the hospital to collect supplys.
>>
>>45212703
honestly im really shattered that i was a poor fag when i first found zombiecide, because they were doing the season 3 kickstarter at the time and i really wanted the kickstarter exclusive stuff, plus the old set were hard to find here, but were offered to kickstarter backers.

Luckily im not so much a poor fag anymore and got in on the black plague kickstarter.
I like its rule variations a little more, it resolves the age old question i get in every game, WHY WOULD I SHOOT SOMEONE IN MY OWN SQUARE. And thats nice that i dont have to deal with that anymore without homebrewing hahah.
>>
Dear diary, today the Lords of Waterdeep expansion and Discworld - Ankh Morpork arrived.

Today was a good day.
>>
>>45213273
>LoW expansion
>extending the mediocrity

just...why? There are so many better things you could spend the money on.
>>
>>45213345
I'm told the expansion mitigates the "I WANTED THAT SPOT, YOU FUCKER" element of the base game.
>>
File: 1395653824947.gif (629 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
1395653824947.gif
629 KB, 295x221
>>45212488
>zombicide
>bsg
>star wars all over the place

Pretty impressed you have all those expansions for zombicide though, tbvh. I'm a completionist and always need every expansion.
>>
Does anyone know if the Game of Thrones boardgame is any good? I've been wanting to get another backstabbing game to play with my family.
>>
>>45206418
Linking what I said in the last thread:
>>45106565
>>
Summoner Wars is the best game ever made.
>>
>>45214260
It's not bad, but too long for it's depth.
Depending on how many people you plan on playing with, you're probably better off with
Forbidden Stars (2, up to 4 if you're brave)
Chaos in the Old World (3-4, 5 with expansion)
Rex (6)
>>
>>45214347
We normally have 4-5 players. I was thinkin of game of the ones because my whole family is a fan of it, so they could get into it easily. I've also been looking at dead of winter.
>>
>>45213963
hahah yeah im a mixed box.

I also have a need to have all the Xpacs for everything i own, which is a pain sometimes when theyre hard to get or expensive.

There is a second tier to that shelf though with my MTG, Vanguard, 40K, Flames of war and RPG stuff on it along with the rest of my Xwing/Armada.
>>
>>45214439
Certainly fans of the show/books will enjoy it more.
Dead of Winter's pretty good, but has one semi-serious flaw. In a lot of ways, it's a spin on the Battlestar Galactica board game, but the traitor element doesn't work quite as well as in BSG. In BSG, the cylon players tend to win by committing numerous minor acts of sabotage / unhelpfulness to tax the humans before eventually revealing themselves at a crucial moment and going full hostile, which makes trying to remain hidden interesting and rewarding for both sides.

In Dead of Winter, that doesn't really happen. It's more optimal for the traitor to play exactly like a helpful player up until a moment when he can sabotage something so significant that he wins instantly with no opportunity for response. It's just not nearly as satisfying for either party.

A third option similar to those two would be Dark Moon, a commercial release / retheming of an old indie attempt to boil down BSG so that it plays faster. People seem to like it pretty well, but I've no firsthand experience to offer.
>>
>>45214575
>>45213963
Thats only like half the crap i have, got alot of traditional BG aswell, like cluedo, rum rebellion, dark shadows and genius edition trivial pursuit.
>>
Just finished a solo game of Eldrich Horror. AO was Shub-Niggurath. Investigators were Ursula Downs, Mark Harrigan, Jaqueline Fine and Patrice H.

Managed to pull it out by solving the last mystery with 4 doom left on the track. Shit was crazy, randomly had a research encounter that spawned a dark young on turn 1 that I was never able to kill. Had a rough start but managed to stabilize somehow despite having to fight 4 epic monsters during that game (the 5th one that spawned I ignored and just beelined for the mystery).
>>
>>45214655
Thanks for the help, I'll look into dark moon.
>>
>>45214575
>theyre hard to get or expensive

Yeah, there was a time when I was trying to get the expansions for Race for the Galaxy. Where I was living at the time they were going for $100 each on amazon. One move later and I picked them up for like $20 each. Problem with having so many expansions for a game is you end up never using all of them. I still delight at the prospect of some super game using everything though.
>>
Thoughts on zpocalypse with the zmaster or whatever expansion?

Part of a trade, never heard of it, giving away something pretty niche and useless to me so it's not worth a whole lot.
>>
>>45213946
>remove the only thing that makes Worker Placements interesting

That's part of the problem. LoW is so timidly dull, the expansion just makes everyone's turns even less interesting and makes it harder for players to interact.
>>
>>45214334
I would come close to calling it best, but it certainly is my go to two player game on account of how many itches it scratches.

You got a miniatures-light (VERY light) feel, dice chucking, hand management, resource management, deckbuilding/army customization, a ton of options for deckbuilding with the alliances release to boot, and we still have 8 more second summoners to see released before the game is finished a la blue moon.

Pixel Tactics felt like it should have risen to its level/replaced it, but it never really did. Still fun game with customization options provided you buy multiple sets, but there is something about attempting a hail mary pass on an all in assassination attempt and having the dice gods love you that just makes for great banter and memorable moments. Unless you take out the dice factor like ti3chick did and then victory is assured. I know, I know, dice rolling creates "artificial tension", and so on, but I enjoy it none the less.
>>
File: 1426574583067.jpg (13 KB, 251x189) Image search: [Google]
1426574583067.jpg
13 KB, 251x189
>>45211881
Now try getting it to the table repeatedly and make your friends fall in love with it.
>pic related

>>45208518
I was the local shill for Ashes for several months. Made proxy decks before previews were rolling in using what info I could scrap from convention images, podcasts, etc. It is quite fun for precons, and deckbuilding is a blast (but to get the most out of that, you would need at least two core sets, in case you need to split dice/mana fixers.

The draft is pretty fair, and the one thing I haven't yet tried is multiplayer. Given how the game really feels like a back and forth war of opportunity (can I get the most out of playing this card before the window is closed by my opponent? timing is critical), I don't quite know how much that feeling gets mitigated by multiple actions being taken before your turn comes back to you.

The cardpool is quite small, but each deck feels unique enough with its own gimmicks and synergies. The two new decks that are up for preorder seem to fix a few balance issues by being mono-coloured decks. Two colour types, ceremonial and natural, have fewer cards in the core box than the other two colours, due to their character's decks having cards with colourless or no cost.

Fuck, i want to preorder, but the canadian dollar is shit, and the decks are not the usual 10$ like for summoner wars. I am poorer than I have ever been, so justifying a 60-70 dollar expense for just two decks is absurd. But buying from a flgs means I get no promo cards. They also now sell dice packs too.
>pic still related
>>
>>45208321
You might be better off finding the historical wargames general. It pops up from time to time and is all about that. Only a few anons here seem to have a hardon for that deep wargame flavor.

>>45200285
Nice!
What with people around here getting starcraft and gears of war, looks like oldies but goodies are still getting their due.

>>45190217
Struggle of empires
>that many people for a good time means they would rather play multiple games of 7 wonders, shadowhunters, or split into groups. life is suffering

Gosu/Pixel tactics/hive/battlecon
>have too many two player games where summoner wars reigns supreme. and if i play wife in games, its usually galaxy trucker, neuroshima hex, or innovation

exploding kittens/CAH
>nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

Settlers of Catan/Dominion
>too boring, group has outgrown

Roborally and smallworld
>still fun, but again, groups tastes determine what gets brought to the table. We enjoy them, but they do not come out with the other games we would rather play lately.
>>
>>45219459
>Struggle of empires
holy shit I'm not the only one with that game! Anyway, sucks to hear people don't want to play it, it's always sparked heated debate and attempts at manouevring one another when we played it, especially during the biddings between wars.
>>
>>45219559
Oh, when it got to the table, people had a blast. It just fills a weird niche where, if we spend any more time, we might as well play twilight imperium, and if we are only gonna spend an evening together, they want multiple game experiences: sherriff, evolution, bloodbowl, etc.
I had the same issue with Gameof thrones 2.0, played it once, people had fun, but it took so long people did not want to dedicate time to it to learn the nuances. I am hoping I can at some point in the future change such a fate for Struggle. Someday!
>>
Vlaada Chvatil's Bump Bumper
>>
File: 1424079007708.png (55 KB, 235x281) Image search: [Google]
1424079007708.png
55 KB, 235x281
>no one wants to discuss boardgames anymore bump
>>
>>45223033

Here's hoping the next thread will have an OP that's not shit, with discourse generating topics.
>>
are there any board games like FTL?
>>
File: b0BEM6.jpg (925 KB, 1600x1800) Image search: [Google]
b0BEM6.jpg
925 KB, 1600x1800
I assume Pathfinder card game falls unto this general.

How do I stop playing Lini? She's way too much fun.
>>
>>45223102
Depends in what form. Can;t think of anything that replicates the game, but might give off certain themes. If its shit hitting the fan constantly, and things only get worse, the you have the co-op Space alert.

For more of a "imma build my own ship and do things my way", you have Xia: Legends of a Drift or Galaxy Trucker. If a classic space opera with custom ships like Master of Orion is more up your alley, you can try Eclipse.

For a non-sci-fi shit hitting the fan game, there are things like Red November, Ghost Stories, or Dead of Winter, where the game will fuck you up at every turn and the furstration of losing repeatedly is part of the experience.

The problem is almost none of these games come by on the cheap. You would need to do your own homework on what exactly you want out of a sci-fi themed boardgame.
>>
>>45223344
I have Red November. It's fun.

I like the crew management in FTL. I'd like something that was similar to that, even if it were just balancing sliders between turns. I was thinking about getting Xia and Merchants and Marauders in the future.
>>
>>45223408
I meant to say crew and power management.
>>
>>45223408
Merchants is pretty solid. The fact you are competing against pcs, npc pirates, and other country npcs makes maneuvering get tight and bloody pretty quickly, and the variety of ways to win the game (rumours, missions, trading, raiding, killing, etc), makes sessions pretty memorable.

For managing one ship though, Space Alert may be more up your alley.
>>
>>45223408
>>45223475
There's also Space Cadets for a just as hectic but less exhausting alternative to Space Alert, though that doesn't have crew management. I wonder if the X-COM board game counts, especially if you're the one handling the app.
>>
>>45212488
How are the expansions? Particularly the toxic / radio-active zombies?

>>45213963
Completionist - short hand for 'fuck my wallet! (And I keep adding to my Heroes of Normandie collection even though I don't get to play nearly enough.)
>>
>>45223475
>>45223808
I really don't like board games with electronic components.
>>
>>45223068
OP has nothing to do with the thread dying. Topics are discussed in the first few posts, then anything goes. Quite a few die or devolve into flamewars. There, I mansplain shit.
>>
>>45219152
Urg, TI3Chick runs the Discord, right? I remember she was constantly lying, picking fights, and attention whoring around. I never stuck around to see her in real time.

Summoner Wars was built with dice in mind. Removing the dice throws the factions out of whack. What the hell is "artificial tension"? Sounds like a /v/ thing.
>>
>>45224471
What she did was changing hit point values while unites were all given precise. Any abilities that required dice roles kept dice.

Artificial tensions is something I vaguely remember people saying about how dice and randomness are meaningless in adding urgency or tension to a game, because lolrandom or muh probability. It comes up every once in a while wherever you have ameritrash/euro game flamewars.
>>
>>45224569
I hate when people try to remove randomness from a game. Random chance makes games more exciting and sets up more interesting board states.

People who say dice rolls are meaningless sound like people who have never played a game before.
>>
File: Stronghold 2nd Ed.jpg (127 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Stronghold 2nd Ed.jpg
127 KB, 700x700
Has anyone tried 'Stronghold' 2nd Edition? Don't know much about the game but it caught my eye.

Apparently there's also an expansion for Level 7's 'Omega Protocol' game that's coming out soon?
>>
>>45224724

Randomness can be handled very poorly, and many games -- especially mass market games -- do handle it very poorly.

The result is that people keep thinking it's bad, when it's actually just that they haven't seen the good it can do.
>>
>>45224751
Stronghold just came out in America, its been European only. It's a euro two player game where one player is an invader and the other is a defender. The invader sets up ladders and rams and whatnot and the defender sets traps and tries to kill them off before they make it inside. Its really heavy, theres a lot of actions and things to do. Check out some reviews on it. I believe SUSD did one before they got all SJW.

And yes, the creator said there's an expansion on the way. Either on twitter or on bgg, I forgot which.
>>
>>45224724
I would argue that there can be a bad spot for RNG in a game, but often it helps a game's replayability.

I have a minor distaste for games where resource generation is RNG dependent.
You can have the most robust strategy of anyone at the table when playing Catan and execute flawlessly, but you can and will simply lose to bad RNG.
>>
>>45224832
You're right. Catan is probably the worse kind of randomness. But not all randomness is bad nor artificial in the tension they bring.
>>
>>45224724
Chance is fine and dandy til all your masterfully woven plans, your tactical advantage and your strategic savvy amount to nothing because luck didn't favor your rolls.
Sometimes losing to chance is funny, but if chance is all that decides who wins, why even play? Might as well set up the board, toss a coin, shake hands and put everything back in the box.
>>
>>45225061
Honestly this is why I can't get into American Football. I mean, the game begins with a coin toss for chrissake.
>>
>>45224807
Thanks - greatly appreciated.

>>45224832
>You can have the most robust strategy of anyone at the table when playing Catan and execute flawlessly, but you can and will simply lose to bad RNG.

This. This right here is why I cannot into Catan. If I'm going to go the 'lulz-random' route, I might as well go full-lulz with Talisman where I can laugh at someone getting turned into a Toad or mugged at the Bar.
>>
Anybody played Time Stories yet?

Played through the core scenario, but we failed. It was really fun and I want to try again. You get to metagame that shit and try to remember what you saw last time, but there's a reason in universe so it doesn't feel cheap and it's actually replayable (at least until you see everything/solve it etc) unlike a lot of 'mystery' type games.

Probably the best new game I've played in a while. It's also a lot easier than it looks. Setup and initial rules seemed a little daunting but everything is super easy, you just read off the cards. We just made the Time Captain read most group things.
>>
>>45225061
Curious, Memoir 44 has a fairly good reputation despite combat being resolved by RNG. Why is that?
>>
File: pic1062739_md.jpg (289 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pic1062739_md.jpg
289 KB, 500x500
>>45188190

I have been playing pic related heaps lately, a surprisingly good game.
>>
>>45226117

The trick to winning Catan is initial placement. You can predict the winner with about 90% accuracy based on which settlements are where at the start of the game.

Obviously there's the matter of the number spread your settlements cover, but even someone optimally positioned for a "wide" strategy (i.e. tons of wood and brick for Longest Road and lots of settlements) is probably going to lose to someone reasonably well positioned for a "tall" strategy (i.e. wheat and ore for Largest Army, cities, and development cards). Catan's RNG is only a decisive factor when everyone involved has an equal skill level, particularly at the low end of the spectrum (where everyone's misplaying and luck is everything) and the high end of the spectrum (where everyone knows all the strategies and randomness is all that will push one ahead of the others).
>>
>>45226548
Because random numbers have less of an impact on the outcome than strategy.
It's not bad if there's a balance, as opposed to pure luck driving the game.
>>
>>45225061
What is boring to me is playing a game that has the exact same strategy and outcome every time you do it, reduced replay-ability because why deviate from what you know wins?

Worker placement bores the shit out of me for this reason, and that is why I heavily avoid them at all cost. Once you've got the winning moves or setup then just end the game there. Randomness, dice rolling as a sub factor in this creates excitement, because you don't know if things will work out, just like in real life.
>>
When playing the Sheriff of Nottingham.

When the sherrif checks one merchant's bag and there's no illegal goods what happens? Does he get money from the bank or from the player that is the Sherrif that round.

If the former - why does the game come with so much gold if it's a closed system?
>>
>>45228986
You get gold from the sheriff.
My best guess about the surplus gold is to aid in counting at the end of game. As if there's anyone who doesn't just use a calc or does it in their head.
>>
>>45228986

The sheriff pays out of his own money, that is a key mechanic clearly.

Otherwise the sheriff would just hedge his bets and inspect the fuck outta everyone unless they paid huge bribes.
>>
>>45229855
>>45229859

Thanks. We played the first game where the money came from the bank.

Also apparently my copy is broken because I've got 66 breads, 48 cheeses, but no chickens and only 4 peppers. We still had fun because we were only learning rules but I'm kind of bummed about that as I paid a lot to get an English copy here.

Mailed arcanewonder's customer service and hoping for a favorable resolution, don't really want to contact the original seller if that means sending the game for a replacement.
>>
>>45229855

Yeah I agree, I was unsure why there was extra gold, or why one person has to be a banker... fucking monopoly tier :/
>>
>>45229885

Peppers? Do you mean apples?

If you want a fun game where being sly is key, check out >>45226824
I know it looks simple, but it is probably the best game I have played in a while.
>>
>>45229907
No I mean the pepper contraband card.

Yeah I've been meaning to get Discworld for a time but it's quite expensive right now and I'm a little bit afraid that people won't lilke it. Not many Pratchett fans in my group.
>>
>>45223808
Space Cadets is the tits, but I'm pretty sure I'd have a heart attack if I played it more than four times a year.
>>45226824
Ankh Morpork, on the other hand, is a game I could play over and over again for days.Maybe not every day, but it'd be a while before I got sick of it.
>>45227391
>tfw That Guy goes "I'll go first, shall I?" and takes the best position
The weird thing is that he didn't even do it to be a cunt; he just plays to win in every game he plays, and can't understand why nobody else does.
>>45229956
Yeah, I don't think any Discworld games are going to be reprinted any time soon; apparently Pratchett's estate are a bit snobby about licensing shit out these days.
>>
>>45229985
Funnily enough that's the only reason I'm still even considering getting Ankh Morpork. I don't want to get it when it will be even MORE expensive.

If I was sure I could get them anytime I'd probably skip buying it untill I would be sure it will hit the table.

I wanted to say that 3d printing would solve a lot of trouble here but even normal printing is not solved - it's hard to print card, toknes or boards.
>>
>>45226379
Played it and the Marcy Case. Did not like it.

The reset when you failed really killed the enjoyment. It was boring playing through again and even if we knew what to do, sometimes the luck of the dice kills a run through. The story and events were interesting, but my playgroup did not find it fun. In its defense, nature of the game requires all the players to be very attentive; my playgroup is a bit more casual and missed some important details that made us run around in circles for much of the game. We also felt the ending of both cases were not satisfying.

If you like it though, the Marcy Case and new expansions keep the level of quality you want out of it. The Egyptian one looked awesome, but I'm gonna pass.
>>
>>45228387
The best worker placements makes you rub against your opponents and doesn't give you enough to do what you want. When that happens, youre forced to compromise and think on your feet which means the 'strongest strategy' falls apart pretty fast. Especially good ones give player powers sometimes theyre randomized and further diverage from the 'strongest strategy'. It's a hard balance to strike, and because Worker Placements tend to be more euro-styled and thus be designed more lenient than they should be because euro players hate having their shit fucked up.

My favorite game is a worker placement, Dominant Species, I would suggest you give it a try.
>>
>>45229956
Fair enough, lol I havent actually played it, I just absorb rule books quickly ;) did you know I actually know how to play firefly with all the expansions :P

>>45229985
>>45229956

Ank Morpork is Discworld themed, sure, but it is a great game that doesn't require any love for Terry Pratchett. It is incredibly simple too, you can pick up the game within the first game, and know it inside out within 10. I honestly feel it is best played with 3 people, as it leaves open the possibility for all 3 players to draw control character cards.
>>
>>45229885
Bug arcane wonders about your abnormal card distribution, they're great about fixing component errors.
>>
>>45231070
Thanks, but I guess you missed:
> Mailed arcanewonder's customer service and hoping for a favorable resolution, don't really want to contact the original seller if that means sending the game for a replacement.

Just got a response back, they asked for my address and all is good in the world.
>>
>>45230422
Ehhh... I'd say that you should probably have read at least one Discworld book to have a feel for the game.
>>
File: co-related games2.png (6 MB, 1040x3642) Image search: [Google]
co-related games2.png
6 MB, 1040x3642
I really should split this into two lists - it's getting close to the 8mb size limit...
>>
>>45233096
Really you should add that kind of info to the pastebin so you don't have to spend time posting it EVERY SINGLE THREAD
>>
>>45233109
To be honest, I just post it as a more fun way of bumping than just posting "bump". Not to disparage anybody who does do that, I simply prefer my own method.
>>
>>45233148
You need yo add the knight miniatures Batman/Spiderman and Marvel Universe miniature games.
>>
>>45233342
But those games are shit.
>>
>>45233148
Might help if you "bumping" a comment to make it clear it's a bump and not just spamming the same pictures for no reason.
>>
>>45233405
Yeah just post bump with the list and someone won't be bringing it up every other thread desu desu senpai senpai.
>>
>>45233376
Thank you for your insightful contribution to the thread.
>>
>>45231256
Sorry, there are apparent disadvantages to posting while asleep.

In other news, got in a very, VERY short game of world of yo-ho. The 400 point game lasted maybe 20 minutes, and had virtually no player interaction, one guy won completely off of drawing a pair of 200 point delivery missions between nearby ports. Felt more like an abbreviated tutorial than a game. Hopefully the 7000pt game is more interesting, or I'll be reselling this pretty quick.

The interface and app work pretty well, battery consumption was lower than I expected for having animated graphics and screen powered on continuously.
>>
>>45224724
I'd argue that randomness, while not necessarily bad, is also not necessarily good either. A game with a lot of randomness, even if perfectly made and completely balanced, will always be more tactical than game with very little randomness, which will always be more strategic.

Without the ability to accurately forecast future events, long term strategy is little more than wishful thinking. This doesn't mean that there's no thinking involved, of course. Little decisions go long ways in games like that. But big decisions aren't really possible.

A good, concrete example would be Blood Rage vs Cthulhu Wars. Blood Rage is extremely tactical in nature; there's so much randomness in which cards you have available and which cards your opponents have that you can't make any real prediction about what is going to happen. All you can do is play the odds and hope for the best. A really good Blood Rage player can try to infer which cards his opponents have based on their behavior, what they passed to their opponents, and what wasn't passed to that player, but in the end it's still just educated guesses.

Cthulhu Wars, on the other hand, has very little randomness, and as a result every player knows what every other player is capable of. With that knowledge, a surprisingly deep level of play-counterplay and threat posturing emerges. Medium and even long term planning can occur and, in fact, are necessary for success. And really, that last one is the best part. You can go into a game of Cthulhu Wars with an actual, developed strategy and know that you will have the opportunity to execute it. And when that strategy fails, you can analyze why and come up with a new one for the next game.

I think that, the ability to form long term strategies, is one of the two reasons why Cthulhu Wars utterly dominates Blood Rage in terms of popularity in my extended play group. The other being, of course, presentation and spectacle.
>>
PING
>>
>>45235993
>The other being, of course, presentation and spectacle.

I've never seen Cthulu Wars, but it looks pretty huge.l How much does it cost anyhow?
>>
File: magazine.jpg (26 KB, 241x400) Image search: [Google]
magazine.jpg
26 KB, 241x400
>>45237831
Here you go

>>45238067
MSRP is $200. It's crazy. Game's really good, but that's a lot for a single game no matter how you cut it.
>>
>>45238281
>magazine
ow, my soul
>>
>>45239824
/k/ gets frenzied err'time something like that gets posted.
>>
>>45238281

>Any game over 100
>Not including expansions

Don't think I'll ever feel a game is worth spending that much on. I just would rather buy like 3 moderately priced games instead.
>>
>>45241028
That's part of the reason I'm not too sure about getting TI3 expansions, even though they're considered must-haves.
The other part is that I haven't convinced my group to play it. Not a single time in 8 months.
>>
>>45241164

Well, in the grand scheme of things, it would be a bad purchase, because realistically you'll never play it. However, you'd always have the option to do so. If you really put some effort into it, I'm sure you could dredge up some TI3 participants. Maybe at a convention or something.

We've all got games we want to play, but probably won't for a very long time. I've played gears maybe twice, love it, but nobody ever wants to try it.
>>
>>45241358
Isn't gears also solo?
>>
>>45241420

I...don't remember. It's fully coop though, so I mean, it can be played solo certainly, you would just control 2 characters
>>
File: pic1215982_lg-e1370835399517[1].jpg (145 KB, 721x509) Image search: [Google]
pic1215982_lg-e1370835399517[1].jpg
145 KB, 721x509
Had three games of this tonight, with 6, 7 and 8 players.
Most of the players attacked each other at random before a single hermit card was played, then they complained that the game was boring and the victories felt random. What the fuck.
>>
>>45242692
Get better friends.
>>
>>45242692

After reading a description of the game (also Zman, huh, they make decent games, might have to look into that one), it sounds like your friends are kind of dumb and didn't play the game like it was supposed to be played at all.

So yeah, what >>45242736 said
>>
>>45242692
Git gud, friends
>>
Badabump
>>
>>45242692
The one time I tried playing this with foreigners who did not have English as their mother tongue...
Shudder...

They were not board gamers to begin with, but it's a simple enough game. Except they didn't really pay attention to the rules, read their cards, or care about anything else other than rolling dice and attacking each other. Using character powers? Meh. Using item cards unless prompted to by myself or my gf? Meh.

The last player standing whose card had not been revealed was Daniel, to give an indication of the wtfs I was muttering throughout.
>>
>>45237831
Pong...
>>
God dammit niggaz I just bought Kemet and I want to play the shit out of it but I can't because we're playing TI3 this weekend instead. I don't even like TI3 that much, it's passable at best.
>>
>>45242692
The game is boring and it's completely random. They're absolutely right.
>>
>>45251043
You will play TI3 and you will like it!
No but seriously, I love TI3 but it has issues. The Action Cards make it too swingy. I'd love to see a TI 4th edition without ACs at all.
>>45242827
>>45242877
>>45245828
To be fair, they are all kinda seasoned boardgamers but I don't think anyone wa playing seriously. I even asked one "If you don't yet know roles in Bang! do you just shoot random people?" to which he replied "Yes". He also said he felt like he was playing King of Tokyo with children. I know he wasn't serious.
>>
>>45251640
>You will play TI3 and you will like it!
I've played it already and I found it pretty meh.
>No but seriously, I love TI3 but it has issues. The Action Cards make it too swingy.
I find the politics cards to be the bigger problem. They take too long to resolve, they introduce no change that couldn't be resolved by a cleverly designed action card and there's too much fluff in the deck.
>>
Just played a looong game of 4 player Cyclades. And I have to admit, the game is really fun and quite planning-heavy even though the action you can actually do are quite limited. And the bidding phase brings some very interesting situations to consider. Also it seems that it is not that easy to gang on one person as it would seem.
>>
>>45223139
Play Lem instead. Really fun character.
>>
For the two other people here who like Talisman, Steam has a pretty damn good sale on all the DLC for Talisman: Digital Edition - you can pick up the Character Packs for peanuts, which is pretty cool.
>>
>>45254055
Talisman is shit though.
>>
File: FoodChainMagnate.png (256 KB, 637x895) Image search: [Google]
FoodChainMagnate.png
256 KB, 637x895
So is this actually good? Or is in the newest member of the Cult of the New?
>>
>>45254529
If you want to find out, you can play it for free at http://play.boardgamecore.net/main.jsp
>>
>>45254689

What if I don't want to find out and instead just want to baselessly allege people have shitty taste and complain about a game I've never played?
>>
>>45254756
>http://play.boardgamecore.net/main.jsp
Then you're on the right website.
>>
>>45254689
That's pretty neat, and a lot better than dropping $120+ blind

I want to like it, but there's probably more options for economic games that are cheaper and take up less space.
>>
>>45254756
It's Splotter, chances are the game is really solid, possibly a bit fiddly, and will likely always be out of print because the hardcore fans will buy the 10 copies per print run within seconds each time they re-release.
>>
>>45254689
As a programmer I always wondered if there's market for playing board games through a website (and also how to get around copyright and not get pounded in the ass)
>>
>>45254248
The vidya version is good for what I like to call "podcast vidya" - put the game on mute, stick on a decent podcast, and away you go. I also enjoy the physical version, but there you go.
>>
Why does tg hate exploding kittens? I'm not claiming it's a great game, or even a good game to be perfectly honest, I just don't get the hate.
>>
>>45256132
It's a pretty bad UNO type game with mediocre production values (neither a terrible offense), that got hyped to hell and back through Kickstarter. Serious gamers aren't likely to be interested in it, so they also won't be buying/playing it at their groups. The problem is causal meetups, non-gaming friends/family, new gamers, etc don't really know it's a bad game, or why. Think of your standard gateway games: TTR, Memoir, Pandemic, Stone Age, KoT. All of them have good production, can be taught easily, played by even heavy gamers, and give a good representation of what the hobby is. Exploding Kittens does none of that, but it's the current hypeness that the world at large is aware of, so it's what others see our hobby as, and think they need to play to see what we're about.

I've had both of my siblings, and their spouses ask me about the game, one set picking it up at Target before asking if it was any good saying "I heard this is supposed to be really hot". There's no real polite way to tell my sister in law she bought a giant turd, and I'm offended you want to play it with me. If I offer to pull out another game, it's slightly less rude, but I'm still likely playing a token game of not-Uno first.
>>
>>45256132
It's got the same problem Munchkin has; it's not horrible, just mediocre... which is almost worse, given the hype it got.
>>
waiting for this one eagerly
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/338597945/fleet-commander-genesis/description
>>
>>45257829
I'm not a big fan of miniatures games, but that looks really nice.
>>
>>45259179
i ll be able to test it in... 9month or so
>>
>>45259218
Let us know what it's like!
>>
Dear board gamers,

I've been away from the general for a couple weeks. Let me rattle off some things I played since last I blogged.

Catan + Seafarers: played a really quick game (3 player) with one of the alt-VP scenarios at my friend's house, since it's the only board game he owns. Pleasant enough

Tsuro of the Seas: I'm staying the hell away from this from now on. Not only is it a luckfest, it's a drawn out luck fest. My word of advice, get regular Tsuro instead

Kingdom Builder + Island + Capitals: have played before, but not with the Queenies. Island added absolutely nothing to our game (I wonder if there are any scoring cards that actually synergize with it), Capitals at least gave us another interesting choice, and in retrospect they could've been abused for points a lot more than they were

Cartagena: first play after I bought it. We had a blast and found it challenging despite how simple it is. There's a lot of luck but just enough strategy

San Juan: I think I have more fun with the app version of this game than at the table :/, but still a lot of agonizing over role choices which makes for some laughs

Roll for the Galaxy: solidified that I really dislike this game. Everyone is heads down, not even looking at each other or at each other's boards

Innovation: played a half dozen times now. The two plays from last week were entirely different from every other session, and from each other. Still haven't seen an Age 7+ card make an impact, pretty eager to see an alt-win attempt

Broom Service: still love this game. Played the basic game with a new player who picked it up quickly enough

Maharani: very dry tile-laying game I received in a holiday grab bag. It was slow because I played with one of the slowest players at the meetup. Need to give it another shot

Codenames: it's fun, but please no more of this game. My group is obsessed and I hate to see party games eating up time at a meetup

Hanabi: lol couples getting mad at each other. Still a great game
>>
I love my new play group. Every week someone brings a brand new game none of us have never played before. Everyone instantly grasps the rules and dives headlong into the game.

I've stopped other hobbies. All that money I used to plough into MtG singles I can now spend on buying several board games a year.
>>
>>45260401
>Roll for the Galaxy: solidified that I really dislike this game. Everyone is heads down, not even looking at each other or at each other's boards

I'm not saying you're wrong to dislike this game, but your group doesn't get the strategy behind getting the most out of their dice rolls if they're not looking at the board state constantly.
>>
Anyone else here enjoy red dragon inn? Got it for my birthday a few months back and as of today, I know have a full set. Wicked fun, just wish I didnt have to watch my cheater friends like a hawk all the time.
>>
>>45261914
RDI is the shit... not sure I'd have all of them, but base game is plenty fun
>>
>>45262317

I thought 4's ship location was pretty cool, but Dimli from 2 is still my main-stay first choice character. Never hear of it talked about here so I was wondering if it was taboo or I could throw out a good recommendation. Haven't played with the separate character add ons yet. They look like they 'could' be broken, but wont know till I try'em.
>>
>>45261914

Which is the drinking game that uses D&D characters? That one doesn't look like it, and the one I remember playing with the before mentioned characters was kind of boring.
>>
>>45261914
We normally play a round or two of this as a drinking game after a more serious game. After that it devolves into drunk sm4sh
>>
File: 1368546836177.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1368546836177.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>45260401
>I hate to see party games eating up time at a meetup

Thank you. I wish there were more people with this attitude. Codenames is a fun game, but when I bring a bunch of games from my collection and other people bring stuff from their collections for a board gaming day I don't come to play crappy little party games.
>>
File: red_dragon_inn.jpg (343 KB, 492x500) Image search: [Google]
red_dragon_inn.jpg
343 KB, 492x500
>>45262829

That's a later box, this one's the first. This ehat you're thinking of?
>>
File: 1452307118301.png (520 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
1452307118301.png
520 KB, 640x720
>>45264529
>ehat

So sorry. What*
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 500x316
>see this on my feed
>oh cool, Friday the 13th, the board game
>system sounds like it might be fun
>finally get around to seeing the box contents

Why the shit would you make a game based on horror slasher movies, then make all the components that colorful? Talk about killing the theme (and my interest).

>>45264529

I'm still not sure. I remember there being an illithid character to play as I think. But yeah, was just really boring and felt like it went on far longer than it should have.
>>
>>45261753
I half agree with both of you. While it is pretty much a race game with little interaction, your actions are limited by what your other players do, and therefore, what you do may affect them. You can't change the dice so roll them immediately, and then see what is going to be the most possible. I wish there were a worker placement style game that had more interactivity between players.
>>
>>45202134
>games that have yahtzee mechanisms

So bingo?
>>
>>45266288

Damn, the board looks like the one for Jamaica ! Colorful as hell indeed.

Have you played Camp Grizzly ? It's far from perfect, but I find it great fun.
>>
>>45261163
Don't you guys *like* sperging out to a single game? Some games the setting and rules are really only there as so that a metagame can evlove, people try out new things, new people winning that were always losing before...
>>
>>45274458
I think he's talking about that in contrast to groups where the members complain that new games are "too difficult to learn" and want to play nothing but Munchkin, Cards against Humanity, and Exploding Kittens.
>>
>>45189693
Game nights at a high player count can be taxing
>>
File: Archipelago.jpg (230 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Archipelago.jpg
230 KB, 1024x768
>>45267654
>I wish there were a worker placement style game that had more interactivity between players.

I haven't played it yet, but I'm very hopeful that pic related (Archipelago) scratches that exact itch. I'm reading through the rules and they look good since players have to work together to help keep the native population happy, and the tile placement rules really kind of prevent players from turtling easily. (After the first hexes are placed, each new hex placed has to be touching at least two other hexes.) The more I read the rules, the more I want to get this to the table.

Anyone else already played this and have any stories?
>>
>>45274458
>>45275619

Yeah, unfortunately I've seen groups where the players were really only interested / capable of CaH or Exploding Kittens (mostly because they wanted an excuse to get together and get drunk). That would be Hell for me.

Ideally there would be a 'current' game where the group is exploring said game's meta through repeated play, but on any given game night other games would be played as well.
>>
>>45276712
It's a nice enough game, although the worker placement elements are fairly standard and nothing amazingly in-depth. There's certainly a lot of discussion between players since pretty much everything can be haggled over.

If that's what you're looking for then you'll find it here but beware that it's going to make the game drag and drag and drag because players just will not stop godamn debating over every last coin. If you're even slightly not in the mood for chucklefuck mcwindbag doing the back and forth dance for the umpteenth time then don't even bother because you will be looking to punch people in the throat so they can just shut the fuck up and play the game in a reasonable timeframe.
>>
>>45273721

The more I read into it, there's a few other things I don't like. For starters, I hope that guy on the front isn't supposed to be the Jason of the game. He looks like...well nothing iconic or memorable. I asked the company on their facebook if that art was final, and they said it wasn't, maybe they'll fix it. Hopefully they fix it, and make the evil guy a bit more imposing to look at.

As for camp grizzly, never heard of it. I'll look into it. Honestly I have way too many 1vmany games as it is, and considering the groups I mingle with don't want to play the same games for an extended period of time, it usually works out as me being forever overlord, and always explaining the rules of the game to people who take time to grasp them, so I'm always hand holding instead of getting a good match out of it.

>>45276749

As a big fan of CaH, I can certainly say I've been around groups that have people who constantly want to play it, and they can piss right off.

To me, CaH is a game you pull out when the stars align and you find yourself in a good place to play it, never something you plan on doing.

During a large paintball/camping event, I drunkely stumbled into a camp playing CaH. Jumped in, spent a good 30 minutes laughing incredibly hard, then stumbled back to my own camp to get ready for the disirono hangover in the morning. That was a blast.

However, there's a group in my local meta that brings CaH to every meetup we had. It was cute in the beginning because it pissed off the sensitive types who shit their pants when they hear people mention the game, or see them playing it and having fun. But after seeing them bring the game for the umpteenth time in a row, then sometimes trying to pull me in, I just started groaning when I saw them.

TLDR - CaH is like a good joke you pull out on occasion, and everyone laughs. The all too common shit CaH is someone who runs the joke into the ground because saying it every hour is still funny, or so they think.
>>
>>45188190
Anyone play Five Year Mission? I keep seeing it at my FLGS but haven't heard anything about it.
>>
>>45277138
It's a reskin of Roll For It, the player count is way off, it's tedious at 4 players and terrible with any more than that, really best at 2-3. Plus it's Mayfair, so the game isn't all that nicely produced; put it down next to the cards from IA or X-wing or whatever and you really can appreciate that FFG goes out and gets artists to do new work rather than use old production stills. As a co-op puzzle I've heard it compared a bit to Elder Sign, which is kinda fair, both could have their themes stripped off and just be simple dice chuckers. That said I find Elder Sign more satisfying, it's a bit more difficult, and I feel like there's more options on my turn. It's not a terrible game, just not all that good a game either. If you love Star Trek it's prolly not a bad buy, but it's not the best game with that theme either.
>>
So guys, I'm going to a board game meetup in 2 hours. The game shop has a wide variety of stuff. I have always wanted to try Betrayal at House on the Inn.

Any other ones that you can recommend me?
>>
>>45277977
Don't waste your time with Betrayal if you can avoid it.
>>
>>45277977
Social deduction stuff e.g. One Night Ultimate Werewolf, Mafia de Cuba, Avalon, etc. They're always fun. And ignore >>45278157 - always give something a go at least once, so you can figure out what your tastes are.
>>
>>45277977
My group enjoys Betrayal. We play it occasionally when we aren't in the mood for some deep strategy game. It's a fun lite social game that plays more as a story telling game than anything else.

Along with Minifig's social games recommendations, there's also:
The Resistance (plus expansions)
One Night Revolution
Dark Moon
Code Names
Fury of Dracula
>>
>>45275619
Fair enough. The
> Every week someone brings a brand new game none of us have never played before.
Sounded like he was describing their playing practices. Which are fine I guess but I prefer sperging to one deep game than playing all over the place. Like I said previously some games can only be pleasurable if played again and again.
>>
Uh a friend spilled beer on some cards and player mat today.

Fortunately I sleeved the cards and the player mat wasn't ruined, thought I think I'm going to laminate them all anyway.

My own damn fault for not installing a rule "no drinks next to the game" and not having a table. Unforunately I'm still waiting for the table but I'm thinking on how to solve the drinking problem around it already. Maybe a smaller separate table with drinks at the players backs, or "only capped bottles near the game" would work.
>>
>>45278157
>>45278889
>>45279427
Thanks!

I don't know what they fully have but if they are there I will look at them
>>
>>45279689
I'd be pretty angry. As long as the cards were not damaged it really isn't that big of a deal. Some people are spillers though, need to watch out for them. I make people wash their hands before playing my games and they sure as shit cant eat anything at the table. I'm not going to let some clumsy slob ruin one of my games.
>>
>>45279689
Laminated cards are the worse.

Just reinforce the no drinks at the table, and if they want one they can get up and walk away from the area.

That or make him buy the replacement game / table / mat when he inevitably fucks it up.

Almost as bad as card benders.
>>
File: v-related traditional games2.png (6 MB, 1256x3151) Image search: [Google]
v-related traditional games2.png
6 MB, 1256x3151
>>
>>45280828
>Laminated cards are the worse.

Yeah, laminated cards would be a bit odd, not to mention a pain in the ass to have to clip out after laminating a page worth of them at a time. I do laminate a lot of the other stuff like card-stock boards, etc, but I generally settle for just sleeving the cards.
>>
File: board_games_001.png (424 KB, 3747x4444) Image search: [Google]
board_games_001.png
424 KB, 3747x4444
Hello, /tg/.

I'm new to this whole bordee geimu and traditional games stuff. The last time I played a board game was probably something like a decade ago. However, in a month a friend will come over for a whole month and I want to play some board games with him.

I want this to be the stepping stone into getting into board games much more, because when I tried looking into them a bit to test some game theory stuff (in the context of internetional relations, not games) I picked up the Dice Tower podcasts and they really intrigued me. There's a few things I want to know:

1. How much of a legitimate source of information are Dice Tower podcasts? Are they accurate and trustworty?
While they're entertaining and all, their reviews are sponsored by board game makers and some episodes sound like sales events. I read the pastebin a bit and it is listed, so I guess you either like it or don't find it to be too bad. I'd like to hear your opinion.

2. What entry level 2 player game(s) should I play with this friend who isn't into board games?
I consider myself to be patient and played a lot of strategy videogames, and he's studying something physics-related, so longer and number-crunchy stuff is okay, too.

3. Are the games listed on this image really good?
These are some notes I took while listening to Dice Tower podcasts. The node "ranking" refers to my impression on the games from listening.

4. Do people really make a gross distinction between "eurogames" and "ameritrash games" or is this just a peculiarity from those podcasters?

5. How present are board games on /tg/?
I'm actually from /a/, but have been checking /tg/ from time to time for many years and it seems that roleplaying games seem to have a much stronger presence than board games here. Is this impression true or does it just spring from my confirmation bias due to seeing "X Quest" threads every time I come over?

>>45284342
>6.4 MB for a bit more than 10 cover arts in ant size
Dude.
>>
>>45285769
>1.

As with any reviewer, get a feel for their individual tastes. I've seen reviews where the person shit on a game and I went out and bought it. I always just form my own opinions off of a few reviews. The guys on the dice tower tend to disclose when they have some personal bias, at least that's what I've seen in some of their videos.

>2.

Star Realms has pretty wide appeal. It's very cheap and compact too because it's just a small box of cards. It's a deckbuilder.

I've also had a lot of luck with zombicide but it's fairly simple. There isn't a whole lot to it so it might not appeal to you if you like deeper strategy.

I don't have any games that are heavy into strategy because I don't think any of my friends would really like them, but I plan on buying a copy of Stronghold.

>4.

Absolutely. I'm surprised there hasn't been an argument about them more recently in these threads.

>5.

the general is almost always up
>>
>>45285769

1. They're pretty solid as a sort of first impressions, I listen to the podcast while working out, and when they talk about something interesting I look for the full video review in a week or two, or reviews by others.

2) Loads of good 2p games Star Realms, The Duke/Jarl, Jaipur, lots of people like Carcassonne at 2, Splendor is a pretty entry level euro engine/economy builder and plays well at 2, if you want to go co-op Pandemic or Flash Point both work fine at 2. I've had a lot of luck with Pagoda, easy to learn but good depth and replay value with the gf over the last year.

4. It's a thing, there are people who only like one, but a lot of games are getting better at stradding the line and being hybrids, and I'm seeing more people enjoy the hybrids and start to soften on the type of game they didn't previously enjoy.

5. We talk about board games here, and X-wing/Armada are covered a little in the swg; other than that you're gonna need to go elsewhere for loads of discussion. We do retread a lot of ground here, but not too terrible.

3. You've got some good games listed, some not so good ones. If you want to know where to start, go look at the Dice Tower people's choice top 100, and then the BGG listing top 100, but browse by # of votes, not score. That will give you the best place to begin your search.

>box covers for ants > text for ants
>>
>>45285769
1. For pure information their website/podcasts/videos do a good job of breaking news and spreading info about developers and games. For reviews, I generally listen to what they have to say but try to get info from other podcast era/reviewers. Find somebody whose style meshes with yours and follow them. As far as their objectivity goes, I've never really felt like they hold back. If a game is bad or they don't like it, they'll say so.

2. Star realms. Jaipur. Patchwork. 7 Wonders Duel. Splendor. If you're really feeling up to it give Twilight Struggle a shot. It's pretty great and not terribly complicated.

3. Mixed bag in that pic.

4. No, those are terms people who play board games use. Some people really like Euros, some really don't. Same with Ameritrash. Figure out what you like, and find games that use similar mechanics.

5. /bgg/ is usually up on /tg/. There's some board game info in other /tg/ threads, but most of it ends up here too.

Welcome aboard, anon.
>>
>>45285769
Hey, png files take up a shitoad of space, and I'm pasting full images in there
>>
>>45289259
They're shit images m8
>>
>>45287528

>listens to vassal whine while working out
>actually letting him steal your gains
>never gonna make it
>Zyzz died for nothing
>>
Are there any good abstract games like chess, baduk, or Zendo that I should try.

What does everyone think of Peter Suber's Nomic?
>>
>>45289887
>looking up to a beef roided slav
>working out to "make it"
>not doing it because you enjoy it
>>
>>45274458
>>45279578
I am exactly like that. I'll rarely play a non-filler two weeks in a row at a meetup. There are literally hundreds of games between our collections, and so little time to play
>>45285769
>entry-level 2p
I would say Lost Cities is easy enough to pick up, and you won't get tired of it after ramping up to more strategic games. You got a lot of other great recommendations too
>>45289969
The GIPF series is getting reprints this year
Nomic looked interesting, if not a little overproduced for what it is. When Onitama was announced I thought I would pass in favor of The Duke, but it actually seems like an actually viable alternative with nice components. Depends on how the actual gameplay varies with the different animals
>>
>>45290157

>thinks making it means being a cheating fraud
>doesn't actually work out
>2015+1, manlets still not getting it
>learning status: Never
>>
>>45286711
>>45290214
>>45287528
>>45288696
All right, I just finished watching playthroughs of all the games mentioned (Star Realms, Stronghold, Flash Point, Carcassonne, The Duke (The Jarl), Zombicide, Pandemic, Splendor, Lost Cities, Pagoda, Jaipur [although S).
The recommendations have been great so far, thank you.

I'll check the Dice Tower Top 100, too, and scan for 2P games now.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.