[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever been harassed or bullied for being into tabletop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13
Have you ever been harassed or bullied for being into tabletop?
>>
File: low quality.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
low quality.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>
>>45107796
If a woman with a cigar hit on me I would literally fuck her to death. Red is a faggot, comic is a strawman.
>>
>>45107796
yes. twice.
in fact it was by chicks both times, who thought it was "creepy". one of the two i have never actually met before or after, she just talked to me at a tram station asking me what i was reading, and conluded that the rulebook was creepy.
>>
>>45107823
indeed, comic is bullshit.
but this >>45107843 actually did happpen to me >mfw i'm a guy who got harassed by women for being into the hobby.
>mfw no public outcry for me
>>
Not since high school.
Seriously, that's pretty much the end of "harassment" and "bullying" in the real world. After that, you're no longer legally mandated to share a building with people who are that annoying.
From then forward, it's voluntary!
>>
>>45107796
>ever been harassed or bullied for being into tabletop?
Nope.

The only people I've seen make such a big deal of it are on here.
>>
>>45107796
Is red a fag in this comic?
In his place, I'd totally destroy that booth. Or hell the three of them if they're willing.
>>
>>45107796
It's not even that great an arse
>>
Not once, though I did attend a church camp as a child that tried to tell me they were satanic
>>
>>45107796
>>45107819
>>
>>45107874
Well except in prison.
>>
>>45107902
Perhaps true... Though at some point, allegedly, you made a decision that *put* you in prison (as long as you aren't black, I suppose.)
>>
>>45107900
>A world where Mrs. Lovelace set the gender stereotype about coders being female, like Nightingale made nurses women.
Oh jeebus help me, so many geek girls... Such a delicious world.
>>
>>45107896
Some girls have low standards too
>>
>>45107900
>Women trying to project their insecurities on men
The fact that it falls apart so hard should really say more about gender relations than anything else.
>>
>>45107939
In a geek girl world the neckbeard is king
>>
>>45107796

This is why you probe (pun intended) the person before you jeer sexually and flirt with them.

If a guy or gal is that fucking insecure about themselves, don't bother. There are people who can take the sexual innuendo and like flirting, but these comic writers are too busy thinking about themselves.
>>
/tg, still the most easily triggered board
>>
>>45107961
It's a whole different world out there in the bullshit sciences, gender studies can really twist your worldview.
>>
>>45107971
ATOP HIS THRONE, CAST OF MOUNTAIN DEW BOTTLES
THE KING NECKBEARD RECLINES
HIS DESKTOP
RUNNING A CUSTOM LINUX SHELL
EMULATES THE SYSTEMS GONE BY
EACH A FAILURE
TO HIS EYE A JEWEL

>>45107961
The dialogue should probably be rewritten, to be more natural and believable, and the last panel should just be one big old geek orgy...
>>
>>45107961
what do you mean?
>>
>>45108034
It was originally in French and translated by the writer himself. Most his English strips suck dicks, yes.
>>
>>45107796
Man I wish girls could flirt like this in real life. They're always so coy, and while I'll admit I'm a tad dense to that stuff, they still make it way harder than it needs to be.
>>
>>45108068
Yeah, these sorts of role reversal comics really don't work, because as far as I think 95% of guys are concerned? That'd be fucking hot as hell.
>>
Without OPs pic this thread really loses its appeal
>>
>>45108192
Yeah, but even humanized ponies trigger spergs, so what can you do?
>>
>>45108219
I'd say stop posting in bait threads like this, but I think we both know that's not gonna happen.

I figured they were cosplays at a pony convention though
>>
>>45108171
I think it would get old after a few days. Once in a while I would have to wear a suit for something in school, and all the compliments from people I didn't really know or care about (i.e. security guards, old women) just felt really awkward.

>comic doesn't work
It's because men don't have the experience of being oversexualized and marginalized like women do. They might get it on an intellectual level, but they don't have any comparable experience for what it feels like.
>>
>>45108068
>Had a funeral to attend.
>Get dressed up for the first time in years.
>I had to go out shopping the day before, and everything i'm wearing was brand new, put together with assistance from an old Italian tailor.
>Cleaned up, I look decent, maybe a 6? I wouldn't fuck me.
>Driving 4+ hours to visit the relatives.
>With less than an hour to go, it starts pouring rain.
>I am wearing an expensive sweater and didn't plan for rain.
>Have to stop for gas anyway.
>Walk into the station.
>2 girls in store, one behind counter, one on the floor.
>They turn and stare as I walk in.
>Well, I'm the only customer, after all.
>Talk to girl behind counter.
"Excuse me-"
>She winks at me.
>I discount it and continue.
"- do you have any umbrellas?"
>She looks devastated.
>Counter girl: "Oh I'm so sorry, no, we don't have any for sale."
>Floor girl leaps in.
>Floor Girl: "I have one he can have!"
"Oh? Why, thank you."
>She leads me to the back room.
>The employee's only back room.
>FG gets a golf umbrella from a cardboard box.
FG: "Here, take it."
>She gives it to me, our hands touch, and she lingers for a second.
>I'm thanking her profusely, and asking how much she wants for it.
>FG: "Oh, you can have it. No charge."
>I thank her. And thank her, and, walking backwards out the door, thank her again, before getting back to my car.
>Hit the highway before the thought of two girls flirting with me enters my brain.
>>
File: 1452866877399.jpg (54 KB, 714x682) Image search: [Google]
1452866877399.jpg
54 KB, 714x682
>>45108268
>Had a funeral to attend
>I am wearing an expensive sweater
Who goes to a funeral wthout a suit?
>>
>>45108219
And I'm pretty sure that was just meant to be cosplay
>>
>>45108268
Yeah, that's just you being dense man. I mean, they still weren't very up-front about it, but it was pretty obvious they were either A: Digging you, or B: just super insanely nice and helpful.

If you want coy? One time, I was at one of those business convention things(With all the seminars about how to maximize efficiency, and shit like that), and I was chatting with a couple people at my table, one of which was a girl.The girl asked if she could use my phone to check the weather, or something like that, and I said sure(I deliberately keep my phone clean so I can lend it out. It seems like people I hang out with are way too nosy), she fiddles with it a bit, thanks me, and hands it back, and we go back to chatting.

Months, fucking MONTHS later, I'm going through my contacts list looking for a client I can't remember the exact name of, and I see she had added herself to my contacts list, without telling me, or making any hints to that. Who the fuck does that?
>>
>>45108268
soooo, that's a good thing, yes?

Just want to make sure.
>>
File: 1446928135825.png (66 KB, 426x389) Image search: [Google]
1446928135825.png
66 KB, 426x389
>>45108068
>tfw since coming to college I've gotten my crotch grabbed like 7 times during casual conversation
Maybe it's a New York thing
>>
>>45108315
I'm poor. If it's any consolation, the deceased's brother arrived in West Virginia sports windbreaker, with blue jeans.

Did I mention this was a southern funeral? I think the only reason nobody cracked a beer was that the service was so short, and 3/4ths of the attending were police officers.
>>
>>45108331
It would be a good thing if I could remember what fucking gas station I had been at, and then return during their shift, recreate the magic, and get some kinda back room gas station nookie.
I don't think I will, though.
>>
>>45107796
>>45107900
The fact this thread is allowed to exist proves mods get a kick out of seeing shitposting flourish.
>>
>>45108449
Despite the pony OP, it is indeed a tg-related thread
>>
>>45108465
>Despite the pony OP, it is indeed a tg-related thread
It's complete shitposting.
>>
File: single tear.gif (756 KB, 241x182) Image search: [Google]
single tear.gif
756 KB, 241x182
>>45108383
>If it's any consolation, the deceased's brother arrived in West Virginia sports windbreaker, with blue jeans.
This hurts me
>>
>>45108493
Like I said: poor. And the death was sudden. His sister's husband drove seven hours north with a shoulder fresh out of surgery, his mother in law grabbed an emergency overnight bag and was trying to look respectful in a seafoam green shawl. The only people in respectable suits were his brothers in dress blue.
>>
Holy fuck, this thread is cancer. It's like I'm really on reddit
>>
>>45108449
>>45108474
So you're one of those anons that gets off reporting threads because they hurt your feelings?
>>
>>45108566
How so? I'm mostly seeing a lot of reasonable discussion on flirting, or humorous stories.

Unless "Not flinging shit like a retarded monkey" is your idea of what Reddit is like?
>>
File: 177.jpg (94 KB, 680x459) Image search: [Google]
177.jpg
94 KB, 680x459
>>45108566
>>
>>45108574
>So you're one of those anons that gets off reporting threads because they hurt your feelings?
Keep defending your shit thread with no arguments what-so-ever.
>>
>>45108669
And you keep channeling /a/, bro
>>
Yes, by the shop manager no less.
>>
File: explain further.png (73 KB, 180x240) Image search: [Google]
explain further.png
73 KB, 180x240
>>45108978
>>
Nope. I got bullied for being a fat sperg, and one of the things they used to pick on me was my interest in roleplaying, but nobody ever picked on me because that was my hobby.
>>
>>45109002
Manager was an insecure emo cunt with a history of being annoying and making customers leave, I was a 40kid spehss mehreen fanboi that spewed /tg/ memeshit on occasion. We had descended into elementary school antics from him and shouting and pouting from me after the first week.

Oh, and his girlfriend was interested in me. Months later I found out she cheated on him with some other dude. And that he got fired from the store after pissing off the owner.

At least I didn't enter geedubs' wild ride and driven myself bankrupt.
>>
>>45107900
Male Nurse here. It is this way in my profession at times, just get over it and quit bitching that women don't want to be in STEM fields.
>>
File: 1448619626316.png (42 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1448619626316.png
42 KB, 510x546
>>45109212
You seem bitter. Do you not like Space Marines?
>>
>>45107902
And work.
>>
>>45109354
I do, but I don't like wasting money on something I suck at. Seriously, I fucked up assembling a Land Speeder so bad, my friend and I used it as a wreckage scenario piece.
>>
File: 1435650539587.jpg (15 KB, 177x278) Image search: [Google]
1435650539587.jpg
15 KB, 177x278
>>45109552
>I fucked up assembling a Land Speeder so bad, my friend and I used it as a wreckage scenario piece.
how?
>>
>>45107796
only on /tg/
>>
>>45108264
>men don't have the experience of being oversexualized and marginalized like women do.

>work at Disneyland
>on Gay Day
I think there's something wrong with my appearance, but i don't know how to fix it.
>>
>>45109938
The way the instructions were drawn, I thought the exhausts went a ways inside the fuselage. So I glued them there, and the top part "fit" in a comically terrible way. It's been at least 5 years, I don't remember the details.
>>
>>45108534
i wasn't ready for this slice of life
>>
>>45107796
When I was young, I was harassed and bullied by a group of kids UNTIL they heard I was into tabletop. Then they invited me to their game. Now we're friends and play together.
>>
>>45110509
So how long until you poison their meals/kill them in their sleep?
>>
>>45107796
there were no bullies in my school.

I usually saw usamericans movies with bullies and said wtf they do this in USA?
>>
>>45107796
Yes, by my parents, from 9 to about 19 years old. Then they gave up. I had to endure beatings and physical abuse over it for the first several years, too.
>>
File: 1449790841898.gif (674 KB, 414x317) Image search: [Google]
1449790841898.gif
674 KB, 414x317
>>45110668
>I had to endure beatings and physical abuse over it for the first several years, too.
Your parents sound like paragons of virtue
>>
>>45110530
I'm 24 now, and the thoughts of cutting open the throat of my father are a happy and common mainstay of my life. However, at some point I have decided that I will someday come home and smash his fingers to uselessness. Death doesn't make a point.
>>
>>45110936
>>45110714
Oh, wrong post.
>>
>>45110936
You're that Curzefag who shits up threads aren't you? Be honest .
>>
>>45110668
okay I was always interested in this kind of thing.
Once I heard from a girl that she was beaten by her parents for seven years because she watched anime.
Since then I tried to figure out how that actually happens and even made a few possible scenarios with my friends.
Secnario number 1.: parents has stronger faith than nearly all the religious people. because after beating #671 think that if they do it ONE MORE TIME it will work. Then after beating #672 when it's proven that it just simply doesn't work to beat your kid they come to the logical conclusion of beating #673 SURELY WILL WORK!

Another scenario we come up is the communist method. You know when you have to do the daily beating as per quota but it's just a work so you do it half-heartedly and even steal a little from the beating because you might want to beat the shit out of the dog or the mailman later.

So any of those scenarios right? if not how does it work? I simply can't imagine it
>>
>>45111125
No, I have honestly no idea what are you talking about. My father just is a borderline schizophrenic physical abuser who currently steals money from my mother and is at least mildly bipolar. He has piss-poor impulse control (he threatened to kill and/or maim my girlfriend for about a year until he understood that she's staying no matter what shit he pulls) and I hate him.

Nothing to do with an imaginary batman shout-out, see?
>>
>>45111168
"You can't do escapist fun, it's unhealthy. Go read a book and do more studying."

And yes, I could watch TV no problem.
>>
>>45111210
yes but you said beatings for years. How can someone rationalize beatings for years over the same fuking things? Does he have some kind of OCD? like: someone is read? better beat the shit out of him
>>
>>45111168
possibly the definition of "beating" is exaggerated. People tend to lie to themselves then translate a bigger lie outwards. Exacerbated by the internet
>>
>>45111249
It wasn't only for the tabletop. My mother tended to go ballistic for the tiniest of things. It didn't help that it was 90s in Russia, so a rather uh... stressful time for everyone.
>>
>>45111249
>>45111307

It's usually less about the subject matter and more about the people. Abusive assholes tend to just beat people because they have a driving need to beat people. Religion could be an excuse for why even someone who doesn't want to feels like the should, but more often they themselves need to beat someone. Why it continues for so long is likely because the incident itself was the trigger and now it's beat-city.
>>
>>45108034
>ATOP HIS THRONE...
I feel like I recognize this poem from somewhere, are you riffing on something or is this extemporaneous?
>>
>>45111281

He never said the beatings were daily, admittedly. Could have just been his drunk-ass mother getting home from work at the laundromat at the end of the week, downing a bottle of bourbon and turning his face into a Pollock painting because he forgot a d4 on the carpet. Rather than that happening every night.
>>
>>45111417
I liked the communism version better
>>
File: 1441984257767.gif (1 MB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1441984257767.gif
1 MB, 150x150
>>45111168
>Another scenario we come up is the communist method. You know when you have to do the daily beating as per quota but it's just a work so you do it half-heartedly and even steal a little from the beating because you might want to beat the shit out of the dog or the mailman later.
Thank you for brightening up my evening anon
>>
>>45110116
Why would you think that? Did the gays not flirt with you?
Did you want them to?
>>
>>45111189
Are you sure? Because you're an edgy son of a bitch, and I can understand why your father beats you up. I'd chop my balls off and clobber you to death if you were my son. Fucking fuck, why's traditional gaming littered with you wastes of breath?
>>
File: 1451921451428.jpg (67 KB, 416x508) Image search: [Google]
1451921451428.jpg
67 KB, 416x508
>>45111649
>>
>>45107796
Women are objectively the cancer that has turned traditional gaming into the rules-light lowest common denominator shitfest that it currently is.

So you've got two problems here.

One: Autistic Nerds are super easily bullied by women

Two: Autistic Nerds are super eager to please women

This combination is entirely responsible for the creation of the shit "narrative" games movement, as well as trash like the pandering use of female pronouns, strong independent female heroes who just happen to wear heavy armor and swing heavy weapons as well as their male counterparts while being 25% smaller and of course the fucking terrible reduction of complexity and addition of reroll mechanics into nearly every game to pander to less skilled and less educated female players.

Honestly it's really pathetic. The great part about all this though is that you can immediately spot these red flags and by them you can tell that the game you are reading is going to be a fucking pile of shit. If the RPG you just picked up can't go five fucking pages without turning into a feminized shitpile then you can save yourself a ton of reading by stopping right there.

And before you betas try to flood in here screaming "THAT'S NOT TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" like that pussy piece of shit Luke Skywalker, let me remind you that you can't name a single game published since 1999 that is more complex than it's predecessor. Go ahead and try, but you'll obviously be wrong and make yourself look like a dumbass
>>
File: oh the ironing.jpg (91 KB, 1306x900) Image search: [Google]
oh the ironing.jpg
91 KB, 1306x900
>>45111649
>you're edgy
>that's why I want to cut my balls off and beat you to death, god you're such a worthless piece of shit
>>
>>45107796
Hey that pic was kinda cool, can someone redraw it so it's Warhammer40K related and it doesn't trigger autists?
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.