[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The party has angered the usually benign goddess of farming and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 24
The party has angered the usually benign goddess of farming and crops! What sort of terrible shit can she do to them?
>>
make crops shit, probably
>>
>>45084262
yeast infections
>>
>>45084262
Everytime they eat bread, they get diarrhea. The violent kind.
>>
>>45084262
Bees. All the fucking bees.
>>
File: 1439177869265.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1439177869265.gif
2 MB, 400x250
Wait no

That is usually my god/des.

Son of a bitch what did they do
>>
>>45084262
make every product of farming and crops wither and die in the 1 mile vicinity to them. make them kill all the villages crops they go to so eventually they get hunted down and killed.
>>
>>45084262
Everywhere your party passes through, the crops wither and fail. You're likely to be harassed and even attacked by mobs of angry peasants if you stay in a single place for more than a day or two.

You can never settle down, you can never call a place home and you can never really get to know anyone, unless you can convince them to join you in your endless wander.
>>
>>45084262
All food harvested from a farm instantly rot when it enters their mouth.
>>
>>45084262
Farm animals attack the players on sight.

Crops die when the players get close. Farmers consequently hate or fear the players.

The players can no longer gain nourishment from food controlled by the goddess.

Other things.
>>
>>45084262
Every time the party stops at a village the crops receive an explosive increase of caterpillars. This of course ruins the crops, but it also has the added side effect of attracting droves of parasitoid wasps and hornets looking for hosts for their eggs/prey for their larvae. Assuming everyone can avoid starving/being stung and bitten to death someone is eventually going to put two and two together and the players are probably going to be run out at best, or sacrificed to appease the goddess at worst. Might seem pretty extreme, but when you piss off a kind deity you'd best be prepared for shit to turn ugly real quick.
>>
>>45084262
>destroying the crops of a whole region to starve everyone isn't bad enough
>>
>>45084370
They told her Corn was shit
>>
>Nice land you got there
>>
>>45084262
Every where the party goes, blight follows

See how many people are happy to see them then.
>>
File: Aufsteller_Final.gif (2 KB, 136x207) Image search: [Google]
Aufsteller_Final.gif
2 KB, 136x207
>>45084509
>>45084403
>>45084388
>>45084382
>usually benign goddess
If she was the caring motherly god type, would she really throw her faithful people into despair and starvation, just to get even with some impolite murderhobos?

I find the idea with farmed food becoming nonedible better, since it focuses on the individual offenders. How about stuff made out of plant fibres giving out, when least convenient?

>stitching in a backpack tearing right when fleeing from an enemy
>clothes start chaffing sensitive areas during a royal audience

I would think that said godess is, even when angered, not the vengeful "death to you all and everyone you ever met" type.
>>
>>45084677
I'm with this desu. While it's appropriately greek'y, I don't want full on EVERYONE SUFFERS

food turning tasteless and unnurturing in your mouth is pretty horrific, at least until.the parry turns to hunting/foraging
>>
She'd put potatoes and orange carrots in a medieval setting.
>>
>>45084262
zombie fungus
>>
>>45084604
Corn is shit. If she's a Harvest Goddess who's primary symbol is corn, this better be a meso-american themed campaign, because there's at least 10 other crops that are way better than corn in every way.

Even in the modern world corn would be almost irrelevent if American swing states didn't grow corn as their best crops, thus inspiring lots of federal subsidies. It'd be a mexican food thing on the level of, like, Nopales. And Americans wouldn't be half as fat as they are because High Fructose Corn Syrup wouldn't be pretty much fucking free, and thus shoved into goddamn everything.

Fuck Corn, fuck Corn Lovers, and fuck the Corn Goddess. Wheat Goddess better. Potato Goddess a best.
>>
Not only do crops wither and a terrible blight follows them that ruins the parties reputation,

But all methods involved in cultivation mysteriously fail around them, water wheels tear of their axis, flour refuses to grind, bread does not raise and the land becomes unable to be ploughed.

Basically any cultivated means to produce food becomes useless. Including mass fishing!

Gotta go deeper.
>>
>>45084719
Corn isn't THAT BAD anon. Sure its no rice but it has its unique uses
>>
>>45084262
>What sort of terrible shit can she do to them?

>Anything cultivated either rots, molds or otherwise turns and spoils whenever they attempt to eat it. No one else is specifically effected by this and normal people can still consume the items as if they were normal even if the person had previously touched it.
>This is made worse by the fact that you're cursed with an unnatural craving for baked goods, fried food and carbohydrates.

>All domesticated animals will target them with unnatural ire and disrespect: pigs, turkeys, geese, horses and even dogs and chickens will all lash out at them specifically.

>Constantly plagued by insects. Not even mosquitoes or disease carrying ones, but 'annoying' insects such as beetles, pill bugs, weevils, aphids, grasshoppers, locusts, silverfish, all just idly nibbling on their personal items and so forth.

>Despite not wronging country folk in any direct way- they seem to look upon these people with audibly and visible resentment, disdain and annoyance.
>>
>>45084677
I have to agree with this anon

If the pcs grow there own food and there aren't a bunch of people dependent on it sure make those wilt but don't punish everybody else for it.
>>
>>45084701
You could get away with Potatoes in a medieval setting as much as you could get away with people speaking English, and having a monk in the party. Potatoes are a great crop, and if the place that they're from is on the mainland in your setting there is no reason they shouldn't be a staple up there with wheat.

>>45084765
Name 2 unique uses to a pre-industrial society.

You can't make oil out of it, like olives. You can only make a shitty version of flour that makes disgusting bread. Worse than potatoes for that. You can barely even fucking digest it. Corn whiskey is fucking shit, again worse than potatoes and wheat.

Weight/Food ratio is lower than wheat and potatoes as well. For a huge, heavy stalk you get like, a meal's worth of corn.
>>
>>45084677
>>45084700

The idea is that the crops go back to being healthy when these guys leave or are killed.
>>
>>45084765
>it has its unique uses
Like fucking what?
>>
>>45084822
Better food/weight ratio than wheat
>>
>>45084852
You can convince your enemies to grow it, then invade their starving, impoverished country 5 years later.
>>
>>45084822
>>45084852
>corn is shit
>corn whisky is shit
>corn bread is shit
>polenta is shit

Yeah but that's like, your opinion man
>>
>>45084822
>cornbread is disgusting
I was with you on everything else, but those are some fighting words if I ever heard them.
>>
>>45084262
Good thing the party is 100% carnivores and usually get their fill just by eating what's left of the enemies they kill
>>
She's probably really pissed at the assholes that raze villages and sow their fields with salt.
Your mission, on her behalf, is to travel to those villages, use the boon she's granted you to restore their fields, and track down the transgressors.

And tell me when I go off track here.
>Farming and Crops
therefore
>fertility
therefore
>Life
She can grant you some CRAZY regeneration powers, though you're weak to fire and frost.

And only after I've finished this do I read the post and realize the party is on the wrong end of this goddess.
>>
File: Castelao02_Final.jpg (287 KB, 1346x1772) Image search: [Google]
Castelao02_Final.jpg
287 KB, 1346x1772
>>45084836
Ah, I see. This I could get down with. Still, I would play it more in the style of small things, in really inconvenient moments. Just more fun to play with, than "Woe is us, for we are forsaken by the gods."

>>45084262
Adding another thought to the
whole shebang. As far as I can think of pretty much all common alcoholic beverages are derived from crops, right? So play with that.
Only being able to drink water, can be a curse onto itself depending on water quality and availability of cures/medicine.

Also, if any PC has an addiction to alcohol, let him drink it, but not get any buzz out of it.
>>
>>45084860
Not only is that not true, it's also got worse land use/food ratio than wheat, and straw is a useful byproduct. A stalk of corn is huge and has maybe 4 ears on it, which in a pre-genetic engineering society will be smaller than the ones you're used to. Wheat, on the other hand, will be much shorter than you're used to seeing, and can be grown during the winter in all but the harshest climes (where potatoes are king).

The non-food straw is a useful byproduct, especially as an insulator. You can't do shit with corn stalks because they rot.
>>
>>45084262
Enjoy eating completely artificial food.
Oh, wait.
>>
>>45084866
Polenta isn't shit it's just rare, like corn would be.

>>45084876
Like all other corn products, without butter in it you would change your tune real quick. I'd rather have pita bread to accent a soup than cornbread without butter (both on top of it and in the recipe).

I will cede that corn (and it's bread) pairs VERY well with butter. (but what doesn't?)
>>
>>45084899
Let him drink it, but instantly ignite when it is in his mouth and go out once it leaves.
>>
>>45084719
You. I like you. All hail the Potato Goddess!
>>
>>45084934
Belay the Polenta comment, I thought you were talking about something else, not just muched up corn jelly.

Tell me more about the various mushes you consume, cornfriend.

>>45084943
Potato Goddess gave man Vodka. This is proof she wants you to be happy.

Corn Godess gave man Obesity. She wants to fatten man up to eat them, because she can't feed herself. Because she's Corn Goddess.
>>
File: Average COrn Eater.jpg (19 KB, 230x294) Image search: [Google]
Average COrn Eater.jpg
19 KB, 230x294
>>45084966
>Historically, polenta was served as a peasant food in North America and Europe. The reliance on maize, which lacks readily accessible niacin unless cooked with alkali to release it, as a staple caused outbreaks of pellagra throughout the American South and much of Europe until the 20th century.

Rofl your corn causes diseases even when it's totally pure.

Pic related it's the fate of every cornfag.
>>
File: Mayan corn god.jpg (45 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
Mayan corn god.jpg
45 KB, 480x320
>>45084262
>Man angers Corn God
>Man eats corn for dinner
>Corn is hard to digest, often still in kernals in your shit
>Goddess makes the kernals into popcorn
>Popcorn popping out of every orifice
>Popcorn out the ass, popcorn out the mouth and nose, sinuses full of popcorn
>It never ends, it's as if their insides are slowly being turned to popcorn
>So much popcorn you can't fucking breathe
>Man dies choking from airways filled with popcorn

Don't fuck with the corn gods.
>>
>>45084677

>>45084509 here, the reason I made the punishment so harsh is BECAUSE the goddess is benign. Do you know how badly you would have had to fuck up to piss off a nice deity? How much you would have to weather down centuries of patience to the point were a being that's usually all about providing for her followers with a bountiful harvest just up and goes "fuck you guys"? There's a reason you don't piss people like that off, let alone deities, and it's because once you get them to that point it's like flipping a switch: They can't filter and aim it properly like people that get angry more regularly can. It just builds up over time until the breaking point before everything is let loose like a dam bursting. Any pent up aggression that was there before you came along is now being let loose to rend you and anything near you asunder.

Alternatively: She's a goddess. Gods are petty. Females are petty. Female Gods are extremely petty.
>>
File: 1295565691274.jpg (99 KB, 650x440) Image search: [Google]
1295565691274.jpg
99 KB, 650x440
>>45084934
>>45085004
>slight corn goddess
>makes your thread /ck/
could have been worse
>>
>>45085004
This is why diahorria is called Montezuma's revenge. The Spanish wiped out the Aztecs but didn't take the secret of alkalization with them.
>>
File: Folksmuseumgepimpt.jpg (359 KB, 720x603) Image search: [Google]
Folksmuseumgepimpt.jpg
359 KB, 720x603
>>45085024
A good point.
I guess it depends highly on the goddess in question.
>>
She physically manifests, and beats the fucking shit out of them with her bare hands.

Because she's a goddess, not some wyrd puppet master pulling the strings of fate behind a curtain of divinity.
>>
>>45085067
>Because she's a goddess, not some wyrd puppet master pulling the strings of fate behind a curtain of divinity.
Some would argue that's the point of divinity, but given she's in a polytheistic pantheon, have her go full Olympian and show up as an invincible dire animal of appropriate type.
>>
>>45084774
>even dogs and chickens will all lash out at them specifically.
>chickens
Chickens are evil little fuckers that attack everything. EVERYTHING. This is normal chicken behavior. Once they leave the 'aw, cute' chick stage, they're chaotic evil bastards as a rule.
>>
>>45085082
Like a giant Ladybug? They protect crops from aphids by preying on them after all, so it's safe to say they'd be associated with her then, right?
>>
>>45085087
Link and his chicken problem shows that shit to be true.
>>
File: Fergusson Idaho.jpg (150 KB, 400x544) Image search: [Google]
Fergusson Idaho.jpg
150 KB, 400x544
>>45085082
>>45085067
If she is in a pantheon, that is on speaking terms, have her call in a favour from one of the other gods.
>"hey god of war, next time this douche tries to >shoot an arrow, let me turn it into a carrot"
>>
>>45084864
>the one method of softening up a planet a genestealer cult won't do
>>
>>45084774
>All domesticated animals will target them with unnatural ire and disrespect: pigs, turkeys, geese, horses and even dogs and chickens will all lash out at them specifically.
>pigs, turkeys, geese
>geese

Anon, the geese were attacking everyone before the party even got there. Geese are horrible vicious little bastards that were created when the goddess of farming and the god of war got drunk during a solstice. To make matters worse neither deity can control the geese. They can only aim them in one direction and hope that the geese hate whatever's presently in that direction more than they do their creators.
>>
>>45085082
If you're a farming goddess then your divinity can be spent steering crops, cultivating plants, determining harvests, the whole bag of chips. Pull as many strings as you like for your domain.

But if some faggot mortals manage to actually draw your ire, why split hairs and try to take out your anger in some appropriate or creative way when you can just appear as a 50 foot tall farm goddess avatar and crush them by stepping on them in no time or effort at all? If a whole army, or a whole city angers you, sure, get all discreet. A handful of adventurers? Fuck em up.
>>
File: resize.jpg (31 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
31 KB, 407x405
>>45084719
>>45084943
>Potato Goddess
>>
>>45085200
Not even that just get her to show up as a 5 foot tall midget and break some leg and rip off some ears.
>>
File: LadybugMonster.jpg (37 KB, 524x326) Image search: [Google]
LadybugMonster.jpg
37 KB, 524x326
>>45085103
>You're a farmer sitting outside, enjoying the sunset over his corn fields
>Group of adventurers in full armor haul ass out of the field across from your porch, full sprint.
>They run up to you and hold out bags jingling with gold coins, more money than this town has seen pass through it in decades.
>"Let us in, then bar everything. Don't ask, just take the money."
>These hard-boiled, battle-scarred adventurers are looking over their shoulders, squirming in terror.
>You grab the bags, throw them inside your window where they hit the floor, and let them inside.

>As you bar the door, the man in the heaviest armor picks up one of your barrels, more than a hundred pounds, and places it to block entry.
>And not a second before the sound of impossibly heavy legs comes crawling up to your front door.
>It sounds like vermin- but vermin aren't that large.
>Before you can ask any questions, they drag you down to the basement with them.
>Their magic-user starts casting powerful spells, likely to stop whatever's coming.
>His chanting is drowned out by the front of your house being obliterated by whatever is coming through.

>The hissing voice of an angry woman reaches your ears, and your skin crawls.
>"I'LL TEACH YOU TO MOCK MY CROPS!"
>It sounds like a thousand cicadas all buzzing in harmony, and all of your willpower is spent not pissing yourself as you cower behind the adventurers.
>The barrel is pushed aside like a side table, and the horrible scuffling of vermin-feet comes closer.
>"She's coming! Get ready!" One man is carrying a greatsword, and prepares it.
>With a thunderous crack, the whole ceiling above you splits open, tearing the carefully-laid spells in half with seemingly no repercussions.
>You can't believe your eyes as a tremendous ladybug crawls into the basement, warded off only slightly by the weapons and spells of the adventurers.
>"KEEP FARMER MCCLAINE OUT OF THIS. IF YOU SO MUCH AS THREATEN TO HURT HIM, I'LL DEVOUR YOU ALL, AND WIPE HIS MEMORY."
>>
>>45085238

>Farm goddess avatar is just a common looking farm girl, with the stats of a goddess
>Party traveling down a country road at a leisurely pace
>"Hey Jeff, is that farm girl running at us?"
>"You know I think she is, but what could she want?"
>"Is it just me or does she look angr- MY LEG!"

Wilhelm screams abound.
>>
>>45085200
I don't think you comprehend the absurd levels of boredom that gods feel, specially something as specific as a crops god. She "works" 4 times a year deciding how the crops will go and just let magic do whatever she decides. You gotta find something to do in the meantime, and what's better than creating elaborate ways to fuck with people? That's why it's so easy to anger a god, while it could crush any mortal being without a thought, it wouldn't be fun.
>>
>>45085251
>The adventurers slowly step away from you.
>As they do, the ladybug's voice turns into that of a sweet, lovely woman, like your granny that makes pies for the whole town.
>"Now, Mister McClaine, this business doesn't involve you. I'll be sure to make reparations for everything. If you wouldn't mind going upstairs?"
>But then she turns back to the offending adventurers, and the buzzing returns.
>"NOW, WHERE WERE WE?"
>As you leap up the stairs, too frightened to refuse, you hear her ask a crucial question.
>"AH, YES. DO YOU WANT TO TAKE BACK WHAT YOU SAID, DEAREST 'HEROES'?"

>You would sit at your dining table, but it's ruined.
>And what you hear next makes your stomach turn.
>"I'd rather eat shit than cornbread!" The magic user cries out defiantly.
>This is followed by a blood-curdling roar and the sound of metal and monster moving.
>Screams of terror come from your basement, splattering of blood and shattering of bones, an all-too-familiar hiss.
>After a while, the cries get louder and more panicked, and then, chillingly, they stop.
>You shake as the movement does not stop, but the sound of crunching bones, tearing flesh, and armor scraping the brick floor commences.
>The scent of blood and sick is everywhere- mandibles at work, you guess.

>After thirty agonizing, endless minutes, a single woman dressed in fine green robes leaves your basement and looks at the wagon-sized hole she made in your wall.
>"Terribly sorry." She smiles at you, genuinely. "I'll send someone to fix it right away."
>She looks you over. "Hm, I have a daughter that might be interested in you. Would you mind?"
>Refusal doesn't seem to be an option at this point.
>"Excellent. My regards, Mr. McClaine."
>Only after she is most definitely out of hearing range do you allow yourself to scream.
>>
>>45085329
>farm girl waifu who is also a goddess

Sign me up
>>
>>45084934
Fuck you, I love unbuttered cornbread. Just because it's like my mouth is having an orgasm when there's a honeybutter spread does not mean the cornbread itself is shit. You are pissing on my culture, and I do not appreciate it. I bet you eat something twice as gross, like rotted fish left buried in a wet hole.
>>
>>45085329
Two old farmers sit in the shade of a dusty porch, lounging back in rocking chairs. They hear the screams.

"Sounds like some fool done angered Lady Cultivator."

"Eeeyup."

"Think there be anythin' will be left?"

"Nope."

"Huh, the screamin' stopped."

"Eeeyup."

"Think we oughta clean up the mess?"

"Nope."
>>
>>45085378
>farm goddess wants to set me up with one of her daughters

Oh wow, neato!
>>
>>45085087
>>45085108
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdxo1mZeY68
Neither of you know what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1452115843305.gif (2 MB, 441x207) Image search: [Google]
1452115843305.gif
2 MB, 441x207
>>45084719
Look at this potato-eating peasant!
>>
>>45084363
This
>>
File: 1452397311411.jpg (31 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
1452397311411.jpg
31 KB, 500x566
>>45085408
> harvest goddess with delicate features

I fucking hate this trope. Any goddess with a domain related to food and/or fertility should have arms and a gut that wouldn't look out of place on a bear in addition to the fuckhuge tits.

So yeah, that daughter you have to court? Well, let's just say she pretty much needs her mom to scare people into dating her.
>>
File: 135687910.jpg (22 KB, 544x407) Image search: [Google]
135687910.jpg
22 KB, 544x407
>>45084363
>>
>>45085382
At least rotted fish has flavour lmao
>>
>>45084262
Famine
>>
>>45084262
Confronting them directly in a featureless room of the next dungeon they explore, attacking them without a word and rotating through a pattern of a few different attacks and spell. Remember to leave level-appropriate loot on her corpse.
>>
>>45086044
She's fertile, not obese. Female gods are petty, they won't want to appear unbeautiful.
>>
>>45085378
>>"I'd rather eat shit than cornbread!"
tip top story all around; 100% top kek line.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>45084262
She sends a herd of kung fu cows after them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxXjsQbCZR8
>>
File: statue-spring-goddess01.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
statue-spring-goddess01.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>45086044
Fertility goddesses have curves (since being not-emaciated was awesome back then) and birthing hips, that doesn't mean they're obese.
>>
>>45086044
I've mainly just seen the obligatory curvaceous chicks in earth robes. Personally, I think the farm girl thing up above isn't too far off base - some strong-ish girl with average to average-cute features who wouldn't look out place in any random shot of a group of farmers or peasant ranchers.
>>
>>45086340
>gods are petty
ftfy
>>
>>45084262
Enjoy your blight. Where you rest, plants wither and die. Food turns to ash in your mouth. If she's got human fertility as part of her domain, you are sterile and impotent.
>>
Two things to remember:

1) A goddess of crops would also have domain over animals that are used for farming, so dire oxen and other threats are possible.

2) Alcohol. Hops, grain, grapes, imagine never being able to drink booze again. No adventurer will ever dare to disrespect her again.
>>
>>45084388
Wouldn't that be the opposite of an eternal wander? You'd want to just stay in one place forever, probably get food sent by a caravan with your ungodly amount of murder hobo cash that you have by the point you're ready to piss off a god.
>>
fuck all this talk of no alcohol...NO FUCKING WEED!!
WTF
>>
>>45084899
Nah, that's not how you go about it. That's not devious enough - the party will simply stop drinking anything but water.
No, what she does it make every Xth drink taste like water.
So everytime the party orders drinks, she gets to see their faces lighten up with anticipation, them hoping that this drink will finally taste like something.
Only to have their hopes crushed.
>>
1. Ground opens up and adventurers sink into fuckhuge pool of manure. Stench is unbearable, diseases, bacteria, maggots, all of it poisons them and brings them unconcious. They slowly suffocate and die horrible death 10 meters deep in shit and horrible, horrible things.

2. Goddess of agriculture shapes land. Suddenly the road they travelled on becomes enormous mountain with dozens of terraces full of muddy water and some kind of sharp plants. Massive flocks of birds that blot out the sun gather...

3. Eaten by pigs, nuff said.

4. She lures them to the pen made specifically for each adventurer. She bids them with tools she made, puts harness on them and makes them work the field till exhaustion.

Generally I'd play on the themes of earth shaping, fertilization, breeding fucked-up animal-monster hybrids, domesticating/enslavement and masses of obiedent animals trampling things/devouring everything around.

I mean, if she'll be REALLY pissed off she might do what humans did to wolves with the whole dog thing, but maybe even make them alive through her magic so hundreds years later when some other adventurers will approach goddess they will see monster hybrids guarding doors to her palace. Monster hybrids that were PCs a long time ago.
>>
>>45084338
Or give them celiac disease.
>>
Goddess of farming and agriculture was often also a goddess of fertility.

This means limp dick, blanks and barren wives as far as the eye can see.
>>
The player returns home to realize the memory of where they live has been completely replaced in their minds with directions to an abandoned farmland, the owner of which long since killed by the player.
>>
>>45084262
Famine and death.
>>
She'll bless the player's property with rapid plant growth, covering the house in fucking vines on a daily basis. If not cleared for a full week it starts dealing serious structural damage.
>>
>>45087752
nah, that's god of justice style
>>
>>45084262
Make all crops they walk by make sparky passive-aggressive comments at them.

Screwing over everyone around them seems a bit out of character for a harvest goddess.
>>
>>45084388
>We're suddenly playing Promethean: the Created
>>
>>45087985
>Make all crops they walk by make sparky passive-aggressive comments at them.
THEY'RE HIDING OVER HERE
AHHHHHH THEY'RE HERE
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>45084262
tell her paladins to go beat the shit out of them
>>
She's a gigantic wolf. If she's really mad, she'll just kill them all. If she's only a little mad she'll just take the form of a human and rape the men.
>>
>>45088223
>paladins
not hippies
>>
>>45084719
Eire island nigger detected
>>
>>45085417
But don't you see? Children are evil as well! Of course they would get along.
>>
>>45084262
Their beer is always warm and stale.
>>
>>45084262
The crops are now OVERgrown. The countryside is dense with giant crops. The yields themselves are too big, too hard, or just generally unpalletable at their size now. They bury roads and towns under their jungle-like expanse. Plagues of predators sweep over the land, drawn by the abundance. The earth itself is too fertile for normal plant life and any normal plants are burnt at the roots by the acrid soil. The rains come hard and fast. The sun blisters any caught in the open, though the foliage of the mammoth crops easily block out the sun entirely in their depths. The earth grows hard and wet, swollen with its newly necessary nutrients. Like stone, the earth gives no yield to man's tools. The crops live well, man does not.
>>
>>45085408
it may not be literal divine-blooded kid. It could be the figurative follower type.
>>
>>45088302
>farming
>hippies
While there's overlap, most people see farming as nothing more than a food source. The food source that fuels armies.
>>
>>45085378

10/10 would worship
>>
You know, such deity likely has a massive following in the sense that she'd be popular with every race. I mean, who doesn't like the god of healthy offspring and plentiful food? So make them part of every race's shit list, make their food rot, their loins a place for plentiful vermin to infest, all that they wear that is from your crops and animals slough apart and fray, their rations caught in the wild eaten by locusts or rats, and any spell for food gives nothing but desiccated, inedible husks.
>>
>>45086044
There was this short story I had to read back in high school about a rural widow woman starting her day, and one trait of hers stuck out in my mind:
She had arms strong enough to kill a hog, and a touch soft enough to wipe away her daughter's tears.

The daughter and son were nearing graduation from school, and didn't understand all the hardships their own mother had gone through in order to raise them well, considering how little education and how few resources she had.
>>
>>45084262
The adventurers' hometown(s) suffer terrible crop failures.
>>
File: Golden fields.jpg (755 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Golden fields.jpg
755 KB, 2560x1600
>>45084899
I envision something like this.

>cursed characters want to stop by a small village
>suddently, all the fields wither, the water becomes toxic and the peasants notice all the farm animals targetting the characters, being overly aggressive toward them
>the curse is very apparent to anyone who sees this shit going down
>everyone gathers to kick out the cursed group because they don't want this curse, they want their fields back and their water clean again
>the characters flee, banished from the village until the curse on them will be lifted
>overnight, the fields are back to their former glory and the water is clean again, the animals calm as they were before.
>all of this because they didn't displease the goddess by taking in the people that she cursed
>>
>>45084262
Cause their food to rot faster or be ridden with diseases.

Summon earth golems of some kind

Send messages to their priests that the party has insulted them. After all any ordinary citizen that doesn't live in a city would probably worship her and shun the party from their villages. They'll run out of food eventually between trips to cities.

Cause any official with ties to the party to have a bad crop yield and anger the peasantry?
>>
>>45085251
>>45085378

Take note, fellow fa/tg/uys.

This is how you do it.

Would that all our posts were this well put together.
>>
>>45084262

>That image

Persephone was a very proactive wife, wasn't she.
>>
>>45086044
>Strong arms for cuddling
>Big gut for the squeezing
>Gigantic tits

Joke's on you bruh, that's all I've ever wanted. A hefty farm girl by my side, forever and always.
>>
>>45084262
How angry?

If not enough to kill them, she simply makes so they will feel hunger and thirst.

Always. No matter what they eat or drink.

To drive the point home, forget to bring snacks for the session.
>>
>>45084719
>High Fructose Corn Syrup wouldn't be pretty much fucking free
It's not free, the cost of corn syrup varies, but isn't that much different than sugar. And sugar in the U.S. wouldn't even be as expensive as it is if imports weren't limited in order to keep the price up.
>>
>>45084388
I like this one. Very traditional, and it makes the players deal with a bunch of innocents they've harmed through their actions.
>>
>>45085166
Sounds about right. Frankly they are lucky it isn't swans.
>>
>>45092140
Can we agree that all birds are dicks?
>>
>>45084262

I think bad omen stuff, like they visit a town and the next day all the plants around the inn they're staying at are dead.

Could also have some dramatic corn messages, like open an ear of corn to find it is black.
>>
>>45085024
>this armchair psychology

'Benign' doesn't imply it just bounces from one extreme to the other and back again. At all. That dam- bursting thing is pop psychology at its finest. Kindness and patience are broad tendencies. The best predictor of today's behavior is yesterday's behavior, and it's not because it's going to be the complete opposite. The bait that follows is equally invalid, but if you're telling me the average Chad isn't petty compared to the average Susie I've got news.
>>
File: Corn_messages.jpg (16 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
Corn_messages.jpg
16 KB, 283x178
>>45093242
>45093242
>Corn Messages
>>
>>45088302
>He doesn't know of Erastil.
>>
>>45084700
>food turning tasteless and unnurturing in your mouth
You best start believing in crop stories...
>>
File: Texas_Ball.png (9 KB, 457x234) Image search: [Google]
Texas_Ball.png
9 KB, 457x234
>>45084822
>that makes disgusting bread
>>
>>45084822
>>45084876
>>45093784
In all fairness cornbread is only semi decent on it's own, and dry as fuck if you don't know what you're doing

But add some butter and it's top tier
Even better with honey, instant godtier
>>
>everyone always talks of wheat, corn, taters, and rice
>no one ever includes amaranth anto their campaigns
>most people don't even know what amaranth is
Suffering. What's not to love about it? It's a grain, that can be popped like popcorn, and also makes for a lovely ornamental.

>>45093818
Don't forget that it's also great with beans or baked with jalapeƱos
>>
>>45093855
Also forgot, Amaranth leaves make for excellent salad greens
>>
Booze tastes to them like ransid fish cum that trickled out of the anus of a skunk that died from explosive diarrhea0
>>
>>45088492
That's not being cursed, that's being British
>>
>>45086290
Stalin, pls.
>>
>>45085381
>>45085329
>farm goddess
>farm girl
>girl
There's literally no reason not to have a MILF goddess for anything related to fertility.
>>
File: 4544966030_daf303540a_o.jpg (254 KB, 900x709) Image search: [Google]
4544966030_daf303540a_o.jpg
254 KB, 900x709
>>45093925
>ransid
>>
>>45084262
A curse of were-cow. Every full moon, the character turns into a cow until dawn. While in cow form, they feel strong urge to graze.
The worst part is that taste of the grass takes another week to get out of their mouth.
>>
>>45094028
personally I'd go for something a little further than MILF if I really wanted to stick with the fertility thing.
>>
>>45085329
>>45094028
>Farm MILF goddess
>Very muscular and curvy from a lifetime of hard work and divinely enhanced homegrown food
>Showing up personally to beat the shit out of the PCs, hog tie them, and humiliate them/force them to work off their debt to her after they've wronged her
>>
>>45094148
Is it always a cow?
What if they're male?

>>45094256
>I'd go for something a little further than MILF if I really wanted to stick with the fertility thing.
I think I know what you mean but explain
>>
>>45094330
fertility is has two sides to it.
>>
>>45093818
Hint: use pancake mix for cornbread.
>>
>>45094330
cow as a species, cattle, bos taurus
>>
File: 1434469526908.jpg (195 KB, 800x1157) Image search: [Google]
1434469526908.jpg
195 KB, 800x1157
>>45085023
CORN corn for the corn God!
>>
>>45093951
>implying that's not the same
>>
>>45084822
Corn has an abnormal high energy yield per farmed land area. Around one and a half times potato's or three times wheat's, without the massive land preparation rice requires.
>>
File: kovIZl1[1].jpg (244 KB, 960x895) Image search: [Google]
kovIZl1[1].jpg
244 KB, 960x895
>>45084262
She incites fury in the hearts of the peasants, causing them to give lip to their noble lords and refuse to harvest crops.

>>45094258
>Beat the shit out of PCs
>Not just bonking them over the head with her divine might and sternly scolding them
0/10 not enough ara~
>>
>>45084262
The food they buy or find goes bad really fast.
>>
>>45084262
Ever wonder what makes the grass grow?

She animates all the dead who have ever nurtured her fertile soil.

Thousands of skeletons, made of rootballs and dirty, gravel and stone.
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.