[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eternal Crusade thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 19
File: 6789670.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
6789670.png
2 MB, 1280x720
Just bought the early access and am dowloading now.

What can I expect? Ayy tips?
>>
>>45079770
Sorcerers are made of fairy dust. Lascannons exploit this a lot.
>>
>>45079770
>bought the early access
Is that a good idea?

Im waiting for the eldar, anyway.
>>
>>45079809
It would take a thrice cursed hooked ceramite butt plug anchored to a Warhound to keep me from this game

I am just really sad you cannot play as the Nids or Ad Mech but the rest looks good enough.
>>
>>45079770
a less responsive clone of space marine's pvp system. with vehicles. and shittier weapons.
>>
its bad and you got conned.
>>
>>
File: 1433209050252.gif (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1433209050252.gif
3 MB, 480x360
>>45079770

A poor man's barely working space marine with vehicles and other classes for 40 dollars that will run like shit.

Space Marines are being clan stacked and CSM getting pub stomped and spawn camped on a daily/regular basis. The lack of spawn protection is garbage.

Free To Waaagh has been 'reported' as cancelled or no longer considered (since the majority of devs that talked about it have left the team).

Eldar, the faction I plan to play, are months away. Orks haven't been seen or heard from for nearly a year now.

If you want to blow 40 bucks and wait a year or two for an actual game, be my guest.
>>
>>45079858
This is also the first build thouhh
>>
>>45079948
This is an impressive edit
>>
Eldar corpses just gently careen off in the distance.
>>45080007
Why can't it be an actual show though?
>>
File: eternal fail fanbase.jpg (181 KB, 1599x664) Image search: [Google]
eternal fail fanbase.jpg
181 KB, 1599x664
>>45079770
>>
>>45080028
well its still in alpha to be fair.
>>
>>45079770
> Grab a Stalker Bolter and Krak Grenades
> Toggle Single-fire with X
> Tapfire like a motherfucker
> Out-DPS plasma cannons and plasma guns
> Kill Nurgle Marines in 5 shots if you nail the last one in the head
> For everything else: There's krak grenades.

Also, learn the melee system. Clicking both the left and mouse buttons deals a defensive bash, which can stun a fast attacking assault marine, from there you can kill them until they die with your choice of a knife or gun.

Only execute when you want to humiliate someone who sucks more than you do in melee.
>>
>>45080148
Did the game cost 40 dollars?
Is it currently worth 40 dollars?
Developers now a days hide like little fucking cowards behind alpha and beta shields as long as humanly possible, so the shit reviews dont spread out in magazines, costing them the last few suckers that would have thrown their money away.
>>
>>45080262
left what button? left and right mouse button?
>>
>>45080374
Oh, yea it's left and right mouse buttons. Which can get somewhat awkward occasionally if you hit them both by accident when you don't intend to.
>>
>>45080346
well I am not buying it either way.
neither did I buy mordheim until it was out
>>
>>45079809
Generally, no, its not.
>>
I was pretty interested in this game around the summer of last year, but the removal of a lot of really key features and the early access bullshit has made me totally reconsider.

I am reading what others are saying and trying to parse through the normal /v/ meme posting and youtube vids to inform myself.

Being burned by early access before and videos like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDRxcce7BiU
have me skeptical if i'd ever get it.
>>
>>45081118
>/v/ memeposting
you are better off watching gameplay videos.
/v/ ruined my TW experience, and I missed getting Attila during the sale.
>>
>>45079770
Is this the same one that people complained about a few months back?
>>
Feel like a retard asking this, but I bought the founders stuff a long time ago, but only recently activated it on their website, so how the hell do I get a code to add it to steam?
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-15+at+01.30.52).jpg (37 KB, 404x486) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-15+at+01.30.52).jpg
37 KB, 404x486
I had bought the game in order to support at the start, but as of now it was too good to be true. I was watching their stream a while back and they were showing off the powerfist in beta. I saved and showed the pic to my friends, and we all agreed that something wasn't right.

Enjoy
>>
>>45081948
So what's up with the wrist? Fist seems just to be a normal power armored fist increased in size. It's alpha so hopefully it's a stand in to test the mechanics while they do the model for it
>>
>>45082040
>So what's up with the wrist?
that's their Powerfist in beta
hopefully they'll fix that (and many other things) in the NEAR future.
>>
File: brain damage.jpg (52 KB, 600x604) Image search: [Google]
brain damage.jpg
52 KB, 600x604
>>45079770
>Just bought the early access
>>
File: 2016-01-28_00001.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-28_00001.jpg
328 KB, 1920x1080
>>45081948
The power fist in the game is fine.
>>
Say what you will about alfabusa, sometimes he really can hit the nail on the head

https://youtu.be/tXRdnJqXi1U
>>
File: 1438608239289.jpg (144 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1438608239289.jpg
144 KB, 803x688
>>45083554
>>
>>45079770
>What can I expect?
expect a worse looking version of space marine's multiplayer for now

>Ayy tips?
Don't go around by yourself or you will not do much, stick to and support other players

you should read and train for yourself how the rock/paper/scissor close combat mechanic works: basically, fast attack>heavy attack>defensive bash>fast attack

But the close combat often turns into a convulted orgy of ground assault marines, it's rarely the ideal 1vs1 duel

There's friendly fire

>>45079809
It's not a good idea, the game has little content

eldar at best will come in the next 4 to 6 weeks according to the devs, as should keybindings, fortress (with demolishers I suppose) and AI tyranid modes.
>>
Bought it and i'm liking it so far. But yeah, if you're not 100% confident don't blow 50$ for the Space Marine multiplayer with two more classes and no dreads and sometimes tanks.
>>
Bashing loyalists heads (and their puny metal boxes) into smithereens with a power fist is tons of fun. Just jumping around, charging into the fray, and pummeling niggers left and right.
>>
>>45081227
Rome 2 was a very good reason to stop caring about TW. They totally began going into full overjew with Attila too.
>>
>>45083778
y-you too
>>
Games just fun right now, not really worth 40 dollars unless youre willing to deal with the super alpha stage that its in and be a part of its development.

If you want a finished game dont buy it

If you want to play an alpha for a possibly great game buy it
>>
File: Chaos raptor.png (903 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Chaos raptor.png
903 KB, 1024x768
>>45087067
A shame that the Raptors in EC have the modern, lame as fuck aesthetics, instead of the radder appearance they had in Spesh Muhreen.
>>
The game is by no means bad as it is right now. Melee is fairly balanced with Assaults able to cut through soldiers quickly. All classes have a defensive bash that stuns the enemy if they try to hit them during the bash. Really good against assaults. Bolters feel satisfying albeit not as much as space marine. The Storm Bolter NEEDS A FUCKING BUFF. I mean seriously. You only get 8 more rounds per clip compared to a regular bolter and the rounds go all over the fucking place making ranged combat almost impossible. Ground Assault gets a shield that absorbs all incoming fire, minus heavy weapons. All in all it's not bad, just not Planetside 2 tier yet That is to say that it doesn't get bogged down along the way
>>
>>45087230
Gotta adhere to mistress GW

Just imagine if obliterators and mutilators get in
>>
>>45087246
Storm Bolters were op as fuck before they nerfed them. It got so bad that everyone was just running with them, instead of using other weapons at all. According to the devs, they want the basic bolter to be the standard, mainline weapon, with the other weapon types being specialized into niches, storm bolter being that of extreme, short range firepower.
>>
>>45087230
Man fuck those dumb bigass jump packs, Assault marines would be way more awesome if it weren't for those giant metal bawkses strapped to them.
>>
>>45087251
Hopefully there will be some visual customization eventually, including skins based on older versions of the various units etc.

Anyways, I am pretty hype for the Eldar. Apparently they might get added to the game as soon as next month.
Here is some motion capture stuff for the Eldar animations that the devs showed in one of their stream.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOiQvJALPHA
>>
File: chaos raptors new.jpg (129 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
chaos raptors new.jpg
129 KB, 873x627
>>45087300
The new raptors look shit in the tt as well.
>>
>>45087358
I bet Tzeenctch did this. No one will want enjoy the rush of battle if they look like morons with fans strapped to their backs. All the Chaos kids are gonna want to be huge nerds.
>>
>Space Marine gunplay is already subpar but at least works
>scrap that engine and switch to the highly moddable Unreal
>make a shittier version of SM with a few extra gimmicks
>there will be no flamethrowers because they can't make them work in the engine
Hillarious
>>
>>45079770
I don't have tips, but I found a bug report!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXRdnJqXi1U
>>
>>45080346
This. I quietly fear that they'll just leave it as Space Marine Multiplayer V2 and call it a day.

They promised huge ideas and they should still strive for them. I'm pretty sure suits and GW will be giving them the squeeze for profits, but tell them to fuck off. A 40k MMO could be the amazing breath of fresh air needed for a stagnant and dead genre.

>mfw I will never be the dark elder princess enjoying an evening with her allies while watching my servants entertain us all with the torture of captured npc slaves.
>>
>>45087358
I like them. I paint them pink, black, gold.
>>
File: Fairy dust.webm (265 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
Fairy dust.webm
265 KB, 400x226
>>45079807
>>
File: disdain for plebs.jpg (32 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.jpg
32 KB, 400x462
>>45087407
>Space Marine gunplay
>sub par.

Plebian tastes desu senpai.
>>
File: Chaos raptors old.jpg (122 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
Chaos raptors old.jpg
122 KB, 873x627
>>45087432
The old raptors had far greater and more unique aesthetics. The new ones look plain boring.
>>
>>45087429
Fuck no, those completely unrealistic goals are what turned this into a clusterfuck to begin with. This should have been an arena shooter with high aesthetic customization and game mode variety and nothing more from the start
>>
>>45087507
They're little feets were pretty dumb though.
>>
>>45087508
This.
Also, the fact that the old devs kept promising every ridicilous idea that fans were asking for.

>>45087528
I like the idea behind those feet. They are far more interesting than just having normal boots like all other marines do.
The proportions on the older models were kinda off though.
I like the size of the feet in the Spesh Muhreen version. >>45087230
>>
>>45087508
Maybe true, but they made the decision to allow the unrealistic promises ship to sail and they can't take it back. Now the game will forever be burdened by all those broken promises and crushed dreams (and the fact that it isn't very good, but that's beside the point right now).
>>
File: DM_01.jpg (263 KB, 680x1130) Image search: [Google]
DM_01.jpg
263 KB, 680x1130
>>45079770
Threadly reminder of what to expect.
>>
>>45087544
It's a good in-between for the look yeah. It's still just a foot but its got the talons and all. I just hate the extra joint.
>>
>>45087567
Dark Millenium was going to be basically a reskinned WoW, so nothing alike what Eternal Crusade was ever stated to be.
>>
>>45087558
Dude the new head took it back months ago. The idea of the 40k planetside is all but dead.
>>
>>45087577
>so nothing alike what Eternal Crusade was ever stated to be.
Not being full of retards? Because I can hardly believe that.
>>
Game looks cool.
If they actually start making it fleshed out I'd buy it but imo it's not worth the 40 bucks for a really poor performance Alpha.

Why they didn't just take the Space Marine game and build up from there is beyond me.

When the game's more stable and isn't riddled with bugs, performance issues and actually starts including what was promised then I'd consider it.
>>
>>45087317
You can almost hear "nothing personnel, mon'keid" when they show the dire avenger and banshee executions
>>
>>45087317
>Hopefully
Yeah, hopefully, but I wouldn't hold my breath considering that they are forced to follow GW aesthetic and naming conventions to the point they can't name the basic CSM class legionnaire.
>>
>>45087507
I have them too. I like both sculpts.
>>
File: nothing personnel mon'keigh.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nothing personnel mon'keigh.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>45087817
>>
>>45087991
I agree with this guy: as normal jump pack chaos marines the new(technically old) style raptors are spot on; but a new more specialized unit based on the more unique concept of the mechanical-clawed raptors wouldn't hurt either.

The main problem with chaos now is that GW has 2 styles going on: the old "space marines with spikes" and the new biomechanical and warped look (this is especially visible with walkers), but they can't be arsed to be coherent and finish the overhaul of the model line.
>>
>>45087410
Goddammit alfa.
>>
File: ChaosRaptors.jpg (288 KB, 1658x627) Image search: [Google]
ChaosRaptors.jpg
288 KB, 1658x627
>>45087230
But the pic you posted shows their old, lame as fuck aesthetics.
The newer (6th edition) raptors look way more chaotic and have better looking backpacks.
>>
>>45089067
You got shit taste m8.
>>
>>45080346
Depends on how you price games, anon. I'm about 20 hours in and $2 an hour of fun is better value than you get from a motion picture.
>>
>>45089067
>>45089137

Calm down gentlemen, we can solve this.
They both look like complete shit
>>
>>45087669
I second that statement
>>
File: HURR IM A BAT.jpg (103 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HURR IM A BAT.jpg
103 KB, 640x480
>>45087507
>>45087358
>>45089067
You whippersnappers don't know what shitty Raptors are
>>
The dev twitch stream is on right now.
They mentioned that Eldar might be in the game soonish.
>>
>>45079940
>Something I made gets posted
I feel amazingly gay right now, in both sense of the word...
>>
>>45087507
I have tried to think of a way to scrap-build those feet claws but to no avail... Shame they didn't include them in the newer ones
>>
>>45080346
>shield of alpha/beta

These devs have actually managed to turn the pre-purchase marks into a well-oiled shilld-bearing warmachine.
>>
>>45091767
They don't look difficult to make out of cautiously cut pieces of sprues and tyranids' claws (plenty of sizes for those: from the ones on top of warriors' scything talons to the digits of rending claws up to the ventral thingies of trygons and tyrannofex)

With a few lateral cuts you can even make them look less organic and more quadrangolar.
>>
>>45092944
>They don't look difficult to make out of cautiously cut pieces of sprues
Easier said than done. It isn't an option to me
>>
Ask /v/
>>
>>45086983
>Don't go around by yourself or you will not do much

oh so there is at least one thing they didn't fuck up
>>
>>45091119
>Eldar before the fucking Orks

I can already tell Orks will be the most unloved faction and they will be underpowered pieces of shit.
>>
NO ORKS

NO BUY

I ALREADY PLAYED SPACE MARINE IN SPACE MARINE

YOU FUCKING CUNT BASTARD DEVS FUCK YOU FOR NOT GIVING A SHIT ABOUT ORKS

ADDED LATER YEAH IN GAMING INDUSTRY LATER MEANS FUCKING NEVER
>>
>>45089928
I like this version over the others. Best Raptor looks hands down.
>>45091623
I'm glad I made you feel that way.
>>
File: smug eldar.png (14 KB, 598x621) Image search: [Google]
smug eldar.png
14 KB, 598x621
>>45093881
>wanting orks before glorious eldar.
Pleb.
>>
>>45093881
I fear your assumptions will prove to be correct:
In terms of population the orks seem severely lacking community wise and there are loads of space marine (the game more than the faction) fanboys who do and will moan about orks not being NPC mooks tier punchbags.

>>45094131
The orks will be in before the game actually launches with physical copies within the year though.
It's the f2waaagh option that has been fucked over.
>>
>>45093703
>/v/
>"LEL NOT AN MMO"
>even though the game is Battlefield 40000
that board needs to be gassed.
>>
>>45096621
I guess that makes CS:GO an MMO too.
>>
Been out of the loop for almost a year, what's going on? Heard most of the original devs quit, which is probably a good thing since they were promising more than what seemed possible. Also, do I seriously have to ducking pay another $40 to get early access even if I paid for the warrior pack a while back?
>>
>>45096650
well seeing as the people who promised the moon are the ones who quit, and the new devs actually keep their promises, it does make it better.
as of now it is a unoptimized battlefield 40k game, so there is that.
would you call a battlefield game an MMO too?
>>
>>45096954
>would you call a battlefield game an MMO too?

I can't tell if you're dyslexic, retarded or both, because that was not what I implied.
>>
>>45096621

They've reason to be upset, as does everyone who dropped money on the game. They've been fucked a number of times, in a number of ways. Really the only thing I can commend the original dev team on is that they at least offered refunds throughout.

People bought into the game expecting a 40k MMO. That wasn't a what-if, it wasn't a stretch goal, it was supposed to be the game. The one they're getting isn't just lacking features or content, it's in an entirely different fucking genre. They ripped out half the letters in "MMOTPS". That's a big deal.

Hell, remember when they launched the Rogue Trader and confirmed multiple times that the items would be unique, unobtainable elsewhere in game, and have game-affecting stats? That was horrible in itself, but people bought them. Then, *months* later, they came out and said that those items would not in fact be uniquely available from the cash shop and would be obtainable in-game.

Sure, the only guys who got screwed were the pay-to-win crowd, but that's a tremendous bait and switch. And that was standard operating procedure throughout development.

The new dev team is better. It is. They set their sights lower and are looking to deliver on their (newer, more modest) goals. But a lot of guys signed up for a 40k MMO, got jerked around for a couple of years, and are finding out that they bought Battlefield 40k. That stings.
>>
>>45097027
no, that what makes it an MMO?
its a lobby based shooter just like BF games.
>>45097261
well maybe they shouldn't have fallen for bullshit without proofs.
I am sorry that they lost their shekels but thats the way of the world.
>>
>>45097456
Apparently it's going to be an MMO like Destiny is an MMO.
Could someone who played destiny tell me what that means?
>>
>>45096878
If you are a Founder you don't have to pay more. Just redeem some code they sent you or something i don't really know.
>>
>>45079948
That would be a damn shame if Free To Waaagh was cancelled because it was such a fantastic idea. It would bring naturally more Ork players to the fore, better representing their horde-like nature. With all paying players, you can expect somewhat equal numbers, which just isn't orky mate. I WANT ME BOYZ AT ME BACK
>>
>>45080346
Absolutely this. Furthermore, since when did the term "Alpha" start meaning fully fledged, playable game that can be sold? Alpha should be hardly more than a wireframe, collison-less plane with loose code not implemented. As it stands, "Alpha" and "Beta" are just criticism shields for bad games. Yes, all this crap might be subject to change, but you can expect it to be so minor you'll barely notice it in the final game because they've already pretty much built the core of the game!
>>
>>45098040
It's been a while since I played but you choose classes, and fight dirty aliens in Russia, fight wizards on the moon, and fight things on Mars. Some gear will give you perks that can be upgraded further, and yellow gear is best.
>>
>>45098514
The only game I can think of that allows pre-purchase players (because kickstarter) to play that uses the terms correctly is Crowfall. Because when they say alpha build and sure you can play on this two day period where we set up the server so you can help us test netcode or the new class but we haven't finished the new model yet so we've jury rigged one of the models we do have for the job its pretty clear you're not paying to play the game on the regular before its done. Its just an additional benefit for the dev team to get more than the usual bug testing they can do themselves and keeps up community interest/early feedback on things. That and the buy-in to play for the kickstarter/late backers is for the barely functional builds pretty explicitly, with the 'open-beta' being free.

Really is kinda shit when you start respecting a developer simply because they're transparent enough to use the correct fucking terms in the correct fucking use.
>>
>>45098514
How did Tim Schafer put it?
"Alpha" means "we're still adding core mechanics/content to the game"
And by this definition, EC is in alpha. They want a campaign system, they want 4 races, so while that's still lacking, this game is alpha.
"Beta" means you're optimizing, you're looking for bugs, etc. This game? Not in beta.
"Wireframe, collision-less plane"? That's a prototype, that's pre-alpha.
>>
>>45097261
New dev team?
>>
>>45098769

Basically First-Person Diablo IN SPAAAAACE
>>
>>45087508
Before EC was announced, I figured a WH40K mmo would be best if the player was the leader of a squad of NPCs.

Wanna play a Space Marine? You and your (customizable) dudes are strong and low in number.

IG? You're all gonna be weak, but you'll have plenty of dudes in your squad.

That way the numbers factor could balance the weaker factions against the strong and when two groups of players go at it it looks more like to actual armies.
>>
>>45102660
That would also mean that each vehicle is a single player.

Each customizable vehicle.

>I could have had a customized Leman Russ.
>>
>>45102714
Troop transports would likely be higher tier upgrades to infantry units. Limits your squad size, gives you a chimera.
>>
>>45102243
>How did the lead developer of a game looking to hide from criticism behind the word alpha put it?

FTFY
>>
>>45088159
I feel like part of the reason it's taking so long for Chaos Marines to get a new Dex is that GW is overhauling the rest of the product line. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.
>>
I hope you have a godly CPU, OP

This game tears your pc a new asshole. you're gonna find it hard to do anything if your hardware isn't fancy
>>
>>45079770

>Game is un-optimized and runs poorly on even beefy PCs
>Only half the factions are in
>Massive open world like planetside has been backtracked. You're getting a series of instanced arenas to fight in.
>Free to Waaaugh pushed till post launch
>When the fuck is launch?
>Selling concept art of weapons for real money, the star citizen of third person shooters.
>Wonky as fuck animations and voice acting.
>Balance is awful.
>They claim it's alpha, it fucking feels like it.

They put this feature incomplete piece of garbage on steam early access and charge full price. I had hope this game would evolve into the 40k MMO I always wanted. But the fucking community is going to be DOA because they shoved it into the public eye too soon. Studio head says they are fully funded and don't need any more cash to finish the game. Do not believe his lies.
>>
>>45103765
As opposed to how you put it. Some random asshole on 4chan. I wonder if I should take a developer's definition of a phase in game development over yours.
>>
>>45105506
Or maybe go with the long established definitions used in software development at large?
>>
>>45104465
>When the fuck is launch?
This summer technically, this year definitely.
>>
>>45079948
I literally just watched the episode 5 minutes ago lol/
>>
>>45098040

Shit anon, utter shit.
>>
>>45105506
Quoting Tim Schafer in an argument about game development is already an admission you fucked up. He's the king of broken promises and lies to steal your money that he will spend in the worst possible fashion because he's fucking retarded.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.