[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #675: Story of Eastern Wonderland Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: Jumpin.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpin.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>45048681
>>
Are the novels canon to the Resident Evil jump?
>>
>>45061615
If you mean the ones by S.D. Perry, then I think so.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 1865x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 1865x320
Reminder that shipgirls are real.
>>
>>45061732
That or sailors are lonely and stircrazy.
>>
>>45061732
I'd there anymore of that screen capture because you have my curiosity.
>>
>>45061732
>bizarre rituals to make technology work

Guys I think we found the AdMech.
>>
>>45061858
We're kinda lucky that the techpriests didn't keep the bit about rubbing dicks on it, huh?
>>
File: 1444009548741.jpg (43 KB, 259x270) Image search: [Google]
1444009548741.jpg
43 KB, 259x270
>>45061732
Oh lord, do I need to join the navy to start the machine cult?
>>
>>45061858
I'm not a superstitious person.
But I am 100% sure that machine spirits exist. I've seen too much shit that doesn't work until you do one specific thing to not be a believer.
>>
>>45061935
Machine spirits are just AI.
>>
>>45061935
Have you tried hitting it with your fist? That shows your dominance over the spirit and causes it to submit to you.
>>
>>45062006
I have, yes. But sometimes a more gentle touch is needed.

Like my car needing to be scratched under the steering column in order to start without fuss.
>>
>>45062044
>car needs to be scratched like a cat/dog

Okay you know what that's adorable and I'm going to build that feature into any hovertanks I build using any sort of supertech from throughout the Chain.
>>
Will stacking a couple of corruption-resistance perks allow me break Dresden magic laws without sliding off the slippery slope?
>>
>>45062044
Sounds like a trait you'd want in a tachikoma.
>>
>>45062006
Can confirm that works with my laptop and oddly enough the lawnmower.
>>
>>45062092
>Imp Guardsmen #1: Atomic batteries to power.
>Imp Guardsmen #2: Check.
>IG #1: Turbines to speed.
>IG #2: Check.
>IG #1: Scratch tank under main dash.
>IG #2: Check.
>IG #1: Imperial Hovertank David Oscar Golf to Command, we are ready to move out!
>>
>>45062125
Just get the one from Spyro that makes you completely immune and you'll be fine
>>
>>45062092
I'm now imagining an enormous tank gently nuzzling its cannon up to someone's cheek like a friendly cat. It is adorable.
>>
>>45062125
Just don't be a mortal, man.
>>
>>45062125
I don't think they protect you from self-inflicted corruption.
>>
>>45062158
>confirm that works with my laptop
If you have a hard drive rather than a solid state drive you may want to back up your files. Hitting a hard drive to get it to work is a sign that it is either failing, or damaged in some way. Though it could be damaged in some way that is not going to cause further damage, though hitting a hard drive repeatedly is likely to cause damage. It's not that odd for a lawnmower though.
>>
Should I continue doing the long writing stuff for Light of Terra ,or just go back to short descriptions of things, or just stick to the interesting stuff?
>>
>>45062759
What, you mean for personal stories? Do whatever, not like I can stop you.
>>
>>45063090
I was doing some of that writing out your chain thing a couple months back, and I really just want to know if anyone cares how much thread space it takes up for when I start up again.
>>
>>45062759
Anything that isn't griping or shit-throwing has my support.

Just don't go in-depth on specific acts and we're good. Keep writing.
>>
>>45063140
It's not like we have finite thread space. Do what you want.
>>
File: 1432756369853.jpg (142 KB, 422x422) Image search: [Google]
1432756369853.jpg
142 KB, 422x422
So what magic systems exist that work with souls? I'm talking fueled by souls, manipulating souls, creating souls, destroying souls, anything that has to do with the soul directly.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>45063477
Not strictly mage, but FMA alchemy can burn souls a fuel (destroying them incidentally) and bind them to new bodies.
>>
>>45063477
Soulfire from Dresden Files
>>
>>45063477
D&D has (aside from the standard soul-related spells and powers) Incarnum, a system that is all about shaping soulstuff to various purposes. It doesn't get as much press as wizards and what have you, likely because it's a) not anywhere near as powerful/versatile, though that's not saying much, and b) requires a fair amount of effort to understand the mechanics of the system in a lot of cases (along with a few things that need houseruling, surprise surprise from a 3.5 system), but once you get an understanding of it it's a fairly solid system both thematically and mechanically (performance-wise) with some support in later supplements.
>>
>>45063477
While it's closer to magitech then straight magic, Mantra from Asura's Wrath. Burn souls if your not willing to wait on prayer/need to become a planet buster right now.
>>
>>45063477
Geneforge, creation of and manipulation of souls are both things. The creations the shapers make have souls, some aren't much more than a soul, and there are more than a few cases of souls having shaping magic applied to them causing them to mutate in some way. Not that applying shaping magic on souls is a good idea, but it can mutate them, provided you can survive whatever you create, you could eventually figure out more about the process through trial and error, mostly horrific abomination wanting to eat your brain/soul error.
>>
>>45063477
elder scrolls enchanting
>>
Real Eater says you can't use it to make weaker powers into stronger ones, but what about stronger powers into weaker ones?
>>
>>45063893
Still no. Has to be equals.
>>
>>45063893
Strictly lateral. Can't be an increase or a decrease.
>>
>>45061909
The Royal Australian Navy is well on its way to seeing the glory of the omnissiah anon. If you want to start up a sister chapter in another nations navy, by all means
>>
Jumpers, do you have a nickname?
>>
If you buy Take Over: Satan Soul from Fairy Tail, can you use it to gain power from demons of other worlds?
>>
>>45064605
Yes. Just like Beast Soul would work with beasts of other worlds or Machina Soul with machines.
>>
>>45064605
Yes, same for the other Souls.
>>
>>45064539
That One Fucker. It's quite concise, so I try to earn it in every world I go to separately.
>>
>>45064748
I am become Excalibur, destroyer of sanity. (ﺧ益ﺨ)
>>
>>45064635
>>45064647
Thanks
>>
>>45062759
Link what you've written, or at least give us a spoiler.
>>
Does the "If It Bleeds..." perk from 80s Action Movies bit have any effect if your opponent is technically a dangerous immortal (e.g. Deadpool) but due to your perks they're totally outclassed (e.g. you're Superman)?

The first part of the perk implies it doesn't matter so long as you can beat them in a fight up close and personal, but the last part implies "dramatic tension or huge struggle" is usually required. Or is that only for the "really big gods"?

Or being it's a perk from an 80s Action Movie, would I just have to make the fight "dramatic" to a hypothetical cinema audience (e.g. how Worm's Endbringers fake being injured)?
>>
>>45065061
General consensus (at least, from what I've seen) is that the fight needs to be dramatic and you need to be in actual danger.
>>
>>45065150
Okay, thanks.
>>
>>45056758

>I can understand your reasoning, but I can't agree with it. After all, if you're going to use someone else's world as a playground, the idea would be to keep it as accurate as possible instead of making up stuff that go against the established setting.

Fair enough. I don't think drawbacks need to be perfectly accurate, as often they're an extrapolation of a specific character's problems writ large.

>I argue otherwise, considering how important they are to Ar Ciel's history.

That was me being glib, rather than actually dismissing them - just that it's another technical mistake on my part, but the Orgel has always been the topic of more discussion.

>Though you missed something important here: she initially had emotions because they didn't start applying the emotional inhibitors to her Cosmosphere until later on. Otherwise, we wouldn't even have EXEC_HARMONIOUS/. existing.

True, but call it a sacrifice for brevity and applicability.

I feel I should emphasise that I would not have let any deliberate and outright mistake into the main text when writing it, though of course the whole Vielia thing was just an off-the-cuff attempt to offer an Origin option/nationbuilding choice, and some perks are quite strongly worded for clarity's sake as they aren't for an audience that should be expected to know the setting well.

Any errors that are there are a result of my limited knowledge of the setting, but it is also too late to make large changes, or even some small ones.
>>
File: GOD.jpg (194 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
GOD.jpg
194 KB, 600x848
This is a public service announcement: Things ma or may not be going cray-cray in One Punch Man as of late.

Don't get me wrong, I literally just pipcked this pic up from /a/ and I'm not entirely sure about the context behind it. All I konw is: He took away Homeless Emperor's powers (which he'd bestowed on him in the first place) and then he straight up killed him while not even really existing in Saitama's dimension. Also, he's called God.

After 2 whole arcs of DBZ references and smash telekinesis, I think OPM may be facing its' first reality warper BBEG.
>>
*may

**picked

***know

Christ, I can't spell in the morning

>>45062125
I'd go with no for the same reason having an indestructible soul wouldn't give you unlimited Soulfire
>>
>>45065590
Dude, that's been out for months now. It's also not appeared since that single panel. Knowing OPM, it's as much a parody of the whole eldritch god powering a follower trope as it is of everything else.
>>
>>45065590
You're pretty late to the game friend. God showed up a while ago in the original OPM, and never really did anything significant.
>>
>>45065653
>>45065656
Well shit. I was wondering if he was someone who trained until his skin fell off, not just his hair.

Wait, really nothing significant? Well that's a letdown.
>>
File: 951.jpg (4 MB, 2809x4044) Image search: [Google]
951.jpg
4 MB, 2809x4044
Can I get an arachne altform through the Changeling jump?

I wanna be able to complete feats of engineering with my butt
>>
>>45065775
I have no idea, but it is much easier and far more effective to pick up shapeshifting precise enough to do tattoos, and alchemy from FMA.
>>
Going through Hero and Demon King there's a rather extreme typo in the notes section. Crimson Sage is used as the lead in for the Crimson Saint nerfs, and due to the lack of other mentions it's easy to miss that it's a typo until you look at the nerfs in comparison to the two perks.
>>
>>45065907
But I wanna be able to make silk and look spidery
>>
>>45065945
And? Good shapeshifting means you can look however you want, and alchemy can make silk, but it can make other things as well, so in both cases it is exactly what you asked for and then some.
>>
>>45066009
I'm not seeing a shapeshifter perk in Fullmetal Alchemist
>>
File: cyoajumpchainherodemonking.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
cyoajumpchainherodemonking.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45065942
Which version are you looking at? The one I've got doesn't have a notes section at all apart from the clarifications for Crimson Saint, and I don't see a mention of Sage anywhere.
>>
>>45066037
The one currently on the drive.
>>
>>45066025
First, its called Envy, second, at no point did I say to get them from the same jump. Marvel and Darkstalkers are the only ones I know would let you pull off transmutation tattos, but neither allow for size shifting, so you would need to be a smaller than normal but still human sized arachne, or pick up a something that would let you change size, Personally went with shapeshifting in DC, but there a ton to choose from.
>>
Is there anything specific we should look out for if we go to Dresden Files in the King Arthur jump?
Also would the passive Hex thing go away after the jump if we take the Magic perk?
>>
>>45066570
Dunno if there even is a DF thing in King Arthur, but there's no reason any drawbacks would go away if you took that route.
>>
>>45065775

While there is a banned jump for that series on Questionable Questing, I'd recommend you go to DnD and be a drider instead.

Driders are pretty tough cookies and you won't be screamed at for it. There are also webcraft items and things - so you could make enchanted feats of engineering with your butt.
>>
File: image.png (417 KB, 367x525) Image search: [Google]
image.png
417 KB, 367x525
Question, where's a good jump to do flash style speed tricks? Like vibrating your face so it's a blur, or vibrating your hand so that it can pass through a person's heart.
>>
>>45065775
None of the default contracts or pledges of Changeling do such a thing.

However, it *may* be possible to make a pact(s) or contract(s) via the Pact-Binder ability, with spiders to borrow their form, and another to gain the ability to spin webs...but such a task would be a pretty hard fanwank and put you heavily in the debt of spiders everywhere.

I would go with >>45066613 and jump D&D or FR for being a drider.
>>
>>45065061
The short version is that it has to be a fight. You can't snipe them from a distance or invoke some death ritual.

In your example, the supes expy would need to get up close and personal with his opponent and slog it out. He couldn't just hover in mid air and beam spam him, and I'd wager, though this is more a personal guess, that you couldn't just ram him at hypersonic speeds.

Your last paragraph has a good grip on it. It needs to be a struggle. Regardless of power levels or power disparity, it needs to be fought out.
>>
File: the Fair Lady.jpg (254 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
the Fair Lady.jpg
254 KB, 600x849
>>45066613
I was more so thinking of an interesting way of playing through that Jump, but oh well. DnD it is... though aren't Driders chaotic evil cursed Drow?

I-I'm nothing like that!
>>45066667
But I bought some Spider Cider anon. Surely that's enough!
>>
>>45066640
No such animal. You're going to need to cobble that together from a series of jumps. My personal blend involved Wuxia, PS238, Tales of Symphonia, Sonic, Super Mario RPG, LoSS, Teen Titans, and Worm.
>>
>>45066691

Driders are generally cursed for failing Lolth - but Lolth is a bitch.

Not being an asshole may well get you cursed, but being too pious might get you cursed as well.

Driders also breed true, so they're their own species and aren't limited to being Chaotic Evil.
>>
>>45066640

Maybe Speed+Intangibility from Marvel to open up access to vibration tricks like that?
>>
>>45066705
Oh, and DC. Forgot that last one.
>>
>>45066640
Someone ages ago brought up the full potential of the friction manipulation power from Worm, as a possibility. I dunno about some of the higher end feats he was considering, but flash-vibration should definitely be something that's possible
>>
File: image.png (143 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
143 KB, 500x500
>>45066715
>>45066705
Thanks. I'll definitely start into this. Start stacking speed, and with speed + intangibility I should be able to at least do some the tricks eventually.
>>
>>45066715
Marvel Intangible states that you can't interact with physical matter and phasing into something is dangerous though.
>>
File: image.png (36 KB, 833x914) Image search: [Google]
image.png
36 KB, 833x914
>>45066747
I talked to Worm, he said that vibration isn't negating friction. Doing speed clones, walking on water/walls, and punching really-really fast is something you can do.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 1063x752) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 1063x752
>>45066750
It says that phasing back while an object is in you, the object with disintegrate and you'll be in pain.
>>
>>45066708
is the DnD jump called something else?

I can't for the life of me find it.
>>
>>45066808
Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft
>>
File: image.png (150 KB, 487x988) Image search: [Google]
image.png
150 KB, 487x988
>>45066817
Dark Sun & Order of the Stick as well.
>>
File: tumblr_n2q2ab4dgo1qchhl1o1_500.gif (77 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2q2ab4dgo1qchhl1o1_500.gif
77 KB, 500x450
>>45066817
>>45066897
Speaking of D&D has anyone seen that anon working on 4e Points of Light jumpchain still alive? I wanna know the progress on that thing. Even if it's just saying he hasn't abandoned it
>>
File: image.gif (781 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
781 KB, 500x281
>>45066967
Haven't heard anything from it in awhile. Don't even know if the anon still comes to JC. So I'd probably consider it abandoned, nothing but an idea was tossed out anyways.
>>
>>45065656
Correction - has yet to do anything significant. Webcomic's only up to the end of the Garou arc last time I checked.
>>
>>45067225
Past that. Couple chapters into a new arc where Saitama and Tatsumaki are fighting.
>>
>>45066600
You have NO idea what you're getting into, for one. But what you do know is bad. Merlin is... so far ahead of modern mages in Dresden that I think the comparison used was the Internal Combustion Engine to the Wheel. That kind of magic might have been unique to him - but at the same time, it might not have been.

But what's worse? That prison he built might not be done yet when you land. So all those prisoners Harry uses as Parkour practice? So awful that Naagloshii are just minimum security? They're all running around free.

If you do it anyway? No idea what you're going to get from the Magic perk. I know the DF jump gets rid of the hex, but I don't know whether the King Arthur jump would get rid of it. One good thing is that it won't be the same Hex - you'd be making milk sour and animals hate you rather than machines explode. Although I think he clarified that really old mages also make anything novel in their time go on the fritz - so enjoy watching stirrups fall off saddles and printing presses sizzle.

>>45066600
There's a King Arthur in Dresden, which means King Arthur Jump lets you take that version of the Arthur legend just like it lets you take the Fate version.
>>
>>45066750
Marvel also said that if you take Ghost Cutter from Wuxia, you can use it on tangible objects when you're the one who's intangible.
>>
>>45067290
To elaborate on how ridiculous the prison-Demonreach-is: It was built again and again in the same same place at multiple points of time and space.

Its' last resort self destruct protocal would have apparently incinerated all of America in something called Banefire, no relation (yet) to Balefire.

This prison held off an attack by an army of Outsiders and a Walker (one of their champions, basically), two Faerie Queens both of which brought entourages of other Sidhe to back them up and the Summer Knight-and then Mab showed up, and it turns out it was HOLDING BACK.

And then Harry threatens Mab with having it bind her, and she seems convinced it could actually pull it off. For reference, Jim Butcher's said it would take the entire Red Court coordinating to take on Mab (alone, not on her territory) and they'd still have shit odds.

In short, it's almost like a magical TARDIS but spec'd for imprisoning shit instead of time travel.
>>
>>45066897
Neverwinter Nights, too.
>>
>>45067373
We have a NWN jump?
>>
>>45067373
>>45067432
We may have someone working on one, but we don't have one yet.
>>
>>45067432
If I recall correctly, it's a functionally complete WIP but needed flavor text and a bit of further polishing or something.
It's in the WIP folder.
>>
>>45066037
Is there any reason NOT to go Demon King? I know everyone does it, but there's a reason - it looks like it's far and away the best background in the Jump.
>>
>>45067652
If you don't want the ostensible responsibility of leading a nation of demons, I guess?

Or if you're hellbent (pun intended) on absolutely not being a demon

Or if you're one of those folks determined to keep your humanity/identity as untarnished as possible.

Or y'know. If something else fits your Jumper's personal narrative better.
>>
A request for the people working on KH - Can there be an option to import an AI/Spirit as the intelligence in a Keyblade? Kinda like the option in Nanoha for Intelligent Devices?

I like consolidating my weapons, but that can get unethical quick when they're sentient.
>>
>>45067704
Keyblades aren't intelligent, though.
>>
>>45067704
Isn't the Keyblade sort of a magical weapon? I don't see what an AI or spirit has to do with it, if anything wouldn't it make more sense to import a melee weapon instead?
>>
>>45067440
See >>45067440

It's more complete than the FR jump and, honestly, should just be moved over to the Complete Needs Images folder.
>>
>>45065775
Regardless of where you pick the form up, Biomega has a perk that lets you produce superstructure material as strings, kinda like a spider. So combine that with it and your butt can make some ridiculous stuff.
>>
>>45067736
>>45067738

A general weapon import or companion import as a Keyblade is basically what I'm requesting, yes.

And I'm pretty sure Keyblades are at least a bit sentient, although if they aren't then that solves my issue anyway.
>>
File: tumblr_nycz67QPsk1qdgorqo1_500.gif (518 KB, 500x429) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nycz67QPsk1qdgorqo1_500.gif
518 KB, 500x429
>>45066967
I think its abandonned dragondude.
>>
>>45067652
Narrative, personal preference, fun. Take your pick. It's a single player game, so if you want your build to be about always going for the most powerful / minmaxed option then you can. But your chain doesn't have to be about that.

I went bard in FR because it sounded like fun, and I wanted to have a bunch of mishmash adventures. Most people either became a super powerful dragon or grabbed every class that wasn't nailed down. None of these are objectively right; they're choices made off of different priorities.

So, what makes sense for you?
>>
>>45067821
It's more like they attune to people. They're about as sentient as Thor's hammer.
>>
Who needs livers?
>>
>>45068443
Chefs possessed with a preponderance of onions.
>>
>>45068443
People who like drinking.
>>
>>45067290
Also, a lot of the old gods and such likely have way more power to throw around, the vampire courts (I'm not sure if the Black Court is around yet, but if they are they're not almost extinct) can act with much more impunity, and Merlin likely hasn't cobbled together the White Council yet, so there are going to be plenty of practitioners who unknowingly broke the laws and went insane.
>>
>>45068443
People who don't want to be die-ers?
Man that was bad and I feel bad
>>
>>45068574
That was dad-level humor, anon. I don't know whether to congratulate or exterminate.
>>
>>45068598
I'm happy to go with both as a compromise if you'd like?
>>
>>45068598
Ask for mercy.

>>45068560
Something to note about all of this is that all these factions are not on one side. But for scale of threats... Look at the red court.
it took an archangel, posessing a warrior weilding a sword of the cross, a bloodline curse prepared by their own power, the winter lady, every trick in dresdens arsenal, and the god damn grey council, which has GODS LIKE ODIN on it, to hold them off long enough to actually end them. The sheer scale of power that group represents was the power they had to make it through this time period, since all of the lords of the red court are very clearly older than this timeframe. Quite simply, merlin was badass enough to subjegate and imprison what are SEVERAL Red courts(the whole damn thing not one vampire). The white council was likely devised as a defense measure for the prison, since in the power vaccum formed is when the players would move their pieces. With charisma and manipulation perks you would be more likely to survive with a 5 jump jumper than a 50 average jump badass. MAD destruction man, you have to balance the WMDs on each of your fingers
>>
>>45067652
Because Stored Magic plus Final Casting is hilarious. It basically lets you walk around with multiple magical nukes in your back pocket.
>>
Some questions about TOME.
1. How mechanical does mechanical have to be in TOME? I was thinking of Less of a robot and more of a geometric shape.
2. Would full body rolling and pile bunker assisted charges be okay for New Mode of Transport?
3.Would ricochet body slams be all right for Improved CQC?
4.Do your gimmicks have to be part of you or can they sort of appear next to you?
5.If you have this is in fact my final form Can you use your avatar abilities outside of your avatar form? Or does the note against that take precedence?

Some questions about Stephen universe:
1. Is a bort still classified as a diamond?
2.Is The strength of Gem Power benchmarked At the examples listed? Because that's the best Hydrokinesis in all of jump chain,And, most certainly 0P.
3. Is a Venom-ruby a good idea or a bad idea for experiment?
4.Do your durability perks affect your gem core?
>>
>>45068731
Oh, and depending on what you take for drawbacks you might get put in the box.
>>
>>45068731
To be fair, much like the Denarians the Archangels seem circumscribed in how far they can affect mortals by the bounds of free will, so even with Kusanagi Murphy was likely channelling only a fraction of Archangel Michael's full power. Given that a glimpse of Uriel's power has Harry realising he could bust galaxies by with an effort of will, while still mighty and terrible it should be clear in terms of raw powerlevel there wouldn't be much of a plot if Archangels could just throw around their undivided focus and power directly
>>
>>45069015
In response to that though the archangels are allowed to use as much power/words/influence as those who violate the free will of humans use in a "punishment for your sins" kind of way, so at that point michel was using the power from their millenia of human oppression against them. Not his full power sure, but a damn scary amount that allowed him to fight alone for a short bit before everyone REALIZED HE CHARGED THE VAMPIRES GATHERED FORCES ALONE
>>
>>45068836
>Is The strength of Gem Power benchmarked At the examples listed? Because that's the best Hydrokinesis in all of jump chain,And, most certainly 0P.

Isn't lapis really really old?

>>45068836
>Is a Venom-ruby a good idea or a bad idea for experiment?

Venom ruby sounds like a great idea but I would guess its only powers would be shapeshifting which you already get. I have seen weirder gems but still venom or carnage gems probably dont get you much. Besides they are sapient and would require a pod. Unless you mean something from a different setting?

>Do your durability perks affect your gem core?

I dont see why they would really.
>>
>>45069089
Yell, but I We Don't know that The strength of a gem is based on age.

They are people?! I'm pretty late into the game and I have not encountered anything mentioning anything about that!
Also, I was thinking something about a poisonous touch...
Well I figured since it was the real you and the Humanoid form was a Hard like projection Your stat boosts would work on the real you.
>>
>>45069089
>I dont see why they would really.
Having not seen the show itself, does the gem have to stay with your body?

And if so, can someone explain why you'd want to give yourself a really shitty, fragile phylactery that you have to carry with you?
>>
>>45069140
It's not on your body. It is your body, the humanoid form of a gem is a hard life projection coming from the gem.
>>
>>45069140
Yeah, it does. The gem is basically your real form, and the rest of your body is a hard light construct projected out from it.
On the plus side, you basically get to pick what part of your body it's protruding from.

> can someone explain why you'd want to give yourself a really shitty, fragile phylactery that you have to carry with you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De2SuYAjrdY
>>
>>45069089
If the Venom-Ruby he's talking about is the Venom-Ruby from Fallen London, it's a pretty freaking terrible idea.

You see, a Venom-Ruby is a gem used to store a drop of the Cantigaster's venom. The Cantigaster once was some sort of Egyptian noble, who was dying from snake venom. His wife made a bargain with the Bazaar, and-something went awry. He's now this hideous, leprous mess constantly oozing a supernaturally deadly venom.

How deadly is it? People don't normally die in Fallen London. There's this...think of it as a demigod in a setting where the gods enforce the laws of reality by gazing on things, and it exudes enough eldritch life energy that people don't die unless they're very, very thoroughly killed.

Cantigaster venom? It kills people permanently, gg no rez.

You do not want to be like the Cantigaster in any way, shape or form. Unless you are already an absolutely repulsive, abhorrent blight to all existence.
>>
>>45069274
>Unless you are already an absolutely repulsive, abhorrent blight to all existence.
Insert obvious insult/joke here.
>>
>>45069274
>You do not want to be like the Cantigaster in any way, shape or form. Unless you are already an absolutely repulsive, abhorrent blight to all existence.

i'm banchô-Anon So...
>>
To clarify: Normally it takes things like thoroughly burning the body or grinding up people into shredded meat to kill a Fallen Londoner for good.

Cantigaster venom kills people permanently dead with a few drops.

Anyway, yeah. Fallen London. It's like the Cthulhu Mythos in a lot of ways, except the driving force of the plot is forbidden love among eldritch beings.

>>45069315
I...literally can't argue with that.

I mean.

You're absolutely right.
>>
>>45069315
well now its weird if you go out and SAY that
>>
>>45069402
Yo, since you did 40K-what's your stance on the possibility of somehow achieving Omega-Blank levels of invisible soulness? Is it locked out if you took Psyker from LoT and then took Blank in 40K? Would you say there's any possible way of accomplishing it at all?
>>
>>45069426
no time to look into that right now, will get back to you later
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1153x692) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1153x692
>>45069140
Gems are actually pretty durable. More durable than human body. The only thing that seems to really work is gem destabilizers which distrupt their hard light bodies.
>>
>>45069495
This.

A Quartz-the warrior caste-got flipped into her own FTL gem spaceship engine, while said spaceship crashlanded. She promptly crawled out and resumed fighting. Even after being tricked into fusing and dragged under the ocean, she's constantly struggling to break out and lay waste to humanity.

The gem barely holding her down is a better-or at least more precise-hydrokinetic than Leviathan of Worm fame, and FLEW THROUGH THE INTERSTELLAR VOID on WINGS OF WATER back to her home planet after a journey that took somewhere between a month and a year.
>>
>>45069495
Didn't one gem say if they take enough damage they turn into their gem forms? That person was stabbed in the stomach by a hologram if I recall.
>>
>>45069537
Oh, much better, I'd say, Her hydro-kinesis Controlled the entire ocean And turned it into a tower And made water duplicates of 3 1/2 gem,A magic lion And 2 humans simultaneously That were even matches for those people. the behemoth Made one copy of itself And used a substantially smaller quantity of water
>>
Question do we have a bloodbowl jump because that seems like a fun place to be?
>>
>>45069547
Yep. Less substantial damage to the gem just disrupts powers a little, though.

Steven's big shtick is his saliva is apparently capable of healing gem damage near instantaneously

>>45069589
I would point out the Endbringers constantly job 99% of their battles but then again Leviathan didn't start wielding the entire ocean as a weapon while Zion was killing him.

Then again perhaps Zion was specifically stilling whatever aspect of energy Leviathan was using to control water with his wavelengths, just as he disrupted Behemoth's self-destruct attack with his light.

It's hard to tell powerlevels when one of the combatents can dampen powers, but I wouldn't call it either way when Endbringers are apparently multidimensional hypercompressed projections holding a spiral galaxy's worth of matter with a central core.

Actually now I think about it, Gems are basically mini-Endbringers in terms of biology.

Also, Leviathan. You mean Leviathan. And it didn't "copy" itself, it manipulated water it generated as an afterimage with enough force to shatter buildings and sink New Zealand.
>>
>>45069644
Not yet.
>>
>>45069547
But she's a weak gem.
Pearls aren't supposed to fight; they're for looking pretty.
>>
>>45069495
The problem is, we're massively more durable than human bodies ourselves. So it's still a downgrade to be rockhard.
>>
>>45069547
They do.

Gems can get reduced to gem form if they take enough damage to destabilize the projection. But they're shown to be able to take a lot of damage. Garnet gets slammed into extremely hard shit pretty regularly. Jasper got caught in an exploding spaceship that slammed into earth and survived completely undamaged in body or gem.
Pearl only gets destabilized by getting stabbed in the back when she wasn't paying attention.
I'm willing to bet it's also partially based on gem caste.

And they can reform. The speed of which they can do so seems to depend on how well formulated they want their body to be. Pearl takes a couple days and comes back exactly as normal. Amethyst is shown to be able to do it almost instantly, but she comes out with severe mutations.
A sufficiently intelligent and willpower'd jumper can probably reconstitute just fine in a fraction of the time a normal gem would need.

Amethyst does get her gem cracked at one point... by falling from a height of like four stories and hitting a boulder head on with her gem specifically because she's a dumbass. At no point do any of the other gems suffer similar damage.
Gems aren't invincible, but they're more durable than humans and even their gems aren't exactly fragile. They're not going to get broken in half just from walking around.

But I guess it just depends on if you think gems are cool or not. Some people are never going to want that "weak point". That's fine.
But I still think gems are cool.
>>
>>45069709
She also took on amethyst who is a gem who is supposed to Fight And battled her to a standstill. Pearl is not an average Pearl
>>
>>45069450
Does the SoB capstone in the Imperium jump put you on par with a Living Saint? If not, would it be possible to get up to that level by the end of the jump?
>>
>>45069745
Anon's point is her baseline stats aren't as good, and all her danger comes from long practice and skill. She's the Archer/EMIYA of gems. Physiologicaly she's still a frail pretty thing for doing pretty things.
>>
>>45069764
She's strong in the real way.
>>
>>45069733
Exactly. At this point I can survive and quickly recover from something around the level of the Tsar Bomba. Can the Gem do that?
>>
>>45069734
I think they're cool and wanted to be Moonstone (no idea on the power. Maybe psychic and moonlight shit), but that weakpoint is bad news senpai
>>
>>45069795
Well, that sounds more like a jumper problem. In-universe they're way more powerful than anything else on earth. And jumps aren't supposed to be balanced against other jumps.

So I guess if you stacked forty durability perks, you can just be a drop-in.
>>
>>45069825
We're discussing people's view on the option, anon. You can't just dismiss people like that and claim they can't discuss why they don't like it or didn't take it.
>>
>>45069733
Why are you assuming your durability perks wouldn't now be applied to your hard gemstone body instead of your soft flesh body?
>>
>>45069912
Why would they be? Also there's the issue here that if you've gotten around needing organs, that gem gives you one again. Stab the gem, kill the jumper.
>>
>>45069912
That's what I'm asking! Also, there is no flesh involved. It's a solid hologram projected from the gem. >>45069921
But if the gem is your real body Why wouldn't they be?
>>
Questions about the One Piece jump.

Since we have a free nakama and it implies we will probably get more regardless. Can we use one of the companion options to flush them out if we don't have companions? Should the companion option still be dependent on our background if we use it like that? Or something something fanwank?

Also is it just me or is Skypiea a trap location? I feel like it should come with a mandatory complication since Enel will immediately know you are there and will probably either kill you or mess with you.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (23 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
23 KB, 500x310
>>45069903
I'm not dismissing anyone. If you don't want to take the option or don't like it, that's fine. You are free to have opinions.

What I'm saying is, "I don't know what to tell you, dude. This is just how it works."
Unless the jump author comes on and says it works different, there's not a lot anyone can do to sway opinions.

Those opinions always falling into the camps of either "This is a trap" or "I think it's cool".

Pic related.
>>
>>45069999
Nice numbers.

Also I hold both opinions. It's a cool trap.
>>
>>45069936
Just use final form and not have a gem then. I would say fanwank but knowing you you would say you get omipotence from it or something.
>>
>>45069670
>his saliva is apparently capable of healing gem damage near instantaneously

That sounds really, really JAPAN.

I'm sure it's not that bad, but still.
>>
>>45069670
IMO, As great as his stories are Wildbow has issues with scale, which is normal for cape stuff. He had trouble showing just how powerful the Endbringers really were, exp since at that time we had a far greater threat. And its hard to show planet destroyers going at it and keeping the scenery and the rest of the cast around.
>>
>>45070074
You'd think it'd lead to kissing shenanigans, but mostly he just licks his hand and slaps people with it.
>>
>>45070074
It's literally Nel.

Only it's a shitty fat boy.
>>
>>45070113
Well, Nel comes from Bleach, so I'm going to say Steven's the winner there.
>>
>>45070138
I'm talking about the characters specifically, not the show.
>>
>>45070108
He cant even do it anymkre because of his loser dad.
>>
>>45070047
Hey I'm getting better at the no limits fallacy thing, and That's part of why I'm asking these questions. On one hand , it would make sense for the durability perks to work on your real body before they would work on a solid hologram being projected from your body. Also, it gives no indication either way.
>>45070074
Also, curing astigmatism in humans.
https://youtu.be/iRtz_2GW7qY?t=36
>>
Steven doesn't have healing powers. His father screwed that up.
>>
>>45070185
Which episode was this?
>>
>>45069921
Because if you're a Gem, then that Gemstone is literally your body. So durability perks would absolutely make your new body more durable. Similarly, I wouldn't really say it'd give you an "organ," any more than having a body gives you an organ - your body. Stab the body, kill the Jumper.
>>
>>45070083
I just apply Death of the Author to the Endbringers. Wildbow might have indicated they were jobbing and secretly had the power to obliterate the planet, but since they didn't use any of that power - even when fighting Zion - then I feel free to disregard authorial intent, and just go with what we actually know.

Tthe fuckhuge durability is canon, because Tattletale says they double each layer. But the planet-cracking power? Pure speculation.
>>
>>45070307
True, but my point with the later half is that you can find perks that say you don't need a brain, a heart, lungs, and all that jazz. But if you're a gem that gem is always vital, because there's nothing else to you.
>>
>>45070388
Durability =/= power after all.
>>
>>45070401
Yeah, but it's the same way with a body. The body's always vital, because there's nothing else to you.
>>
>>45070401
Well, yeah. The gem is your body. Destroying it would kill you in the same way that destroying your entire body would kill you.

Because that's what it is. Your entire body.
>>
>>45070388
>>45070388
For a second there, I thought you meant the Princess Bride perk.

I personally like to stick as closely to canon and the author's notes as possible (if only because it makes for a more awesome challenge) but your stance is also reasonable considering how Lung should've gotten squished wrestling Leviathan even if Levi was jobbing hard; no upper limit to dragon mode or not, the kind of density Levi was packing should've splintered him.
>>
On a scale of "Fuck Yes" to "Fuck No", how amazing/terrible of an idea is it to use "Arcane" from Smite in Fallen London?
>>
>>45070501
You will burn your brain out. Literally, the Correspondence is a very hot language.
>>
>>45070446
>>45070462
Right, but with your body, you can be punched full of holes and recover, but if the gem is damaged you're pretty fucked.
>>
>>45070542
That's why you get something like Heart of Steve from Minecraft, which makes it so that you have an abstract HP system instead of actually getting physically damaged.
>>
>>45070542
No reason your regen perks wouldn't apply to your gem, right? And it's smaller, thus easier for those to fix.
>>
>>45070466
Actually Wildbow has stated before that Leviathan is only approximately 9 tonnes.
>>
>>45070590
Does that include the mass from all the dimensional copies?
>>
>>45070517

Okay, so let's say I pick up Correspondence from the Jump. (Or Judgement, since that also comes with heat immunity, right?)

How many other ways will acquiring forbidden knowledge make my brains leak out? I'm not that familiar with the setting.

What's up with Mr. Eaten and wells?
>>
>>45070388

Similarly, if you threw an Endbringer into the sun "the Endbringer stops holding back".

Which is just an utterly unnecessary mangling of appropriate scale, especially given how inefficient their durability is compared to other examples, and how easy it would be to fake that durability with other methods.
>>
>>45070623
No. In this universe, Leviathan only masses nine tons. But he's got a huge reserve of extradimensional mass that he can pass energy and momentum to. So he acts like he's a nine ton mass in all respects except taking damage.
>>
>>45070590
That's all? Geez, that's light. Pretty much any Supers-tier strength perk would let you throw him around.

Wonder if tossing him into space would be a good way to deal with him.
>>
>>45070640
Oh, there are a lot of other things that will drive you to madness, I just chose the Correspondence one since "your brain catches fire" is pretty dramatic. There are the Fingerkings and their realm on the other side of mirrors, the Mountain of Light (which is benevolent by still utterly horrifying), the High Wilds where the Judgements dwell, Mr. Eaten and the God-Eaters, the ultimate fate of the Fallen Cities as they're sacrificed to the Stone Pigs...the 'Neath is not a nice place.
>>
>>45070689
There are not strength perks that make you a strong as Superman, though. You're going to have to get a little creative. If you want to be that tough
>>
>>45070689
It might be, though you might have to account for the Simurgh moving him back with telekinesis, or it "swimming" back with its afterimage.

Worst case scenario, your plan works and three other Endbringers wake up.
>>
>>45069426
Search-fu has failed me on what Omega level entails relative to other levels of blank
what I will say about limits of blank ability
>No draining psykers to empower yourself
>No killing mundanes
>No destroying souls
>>45069762
Starting level for Faith Powers is slightly below that of the psyker perk, and while you can learn how to make the most of these powers, you can't train them up in the traditional sense (they only work when you use them for realsies).
However these tradeoffs come with two big bonuses relative to psykers.
>Faith powers will never backfire on you, and are generally more reliable (barring issues with the next point). It doesn't even depend on your own energy reserves since Big E is doing the heavy lifting.
>The potential range of power is much larger than the psyker perk alone.

There are two ways to increase potential faith powers; first and primary is to gain the Emperor's favor, pray, smite chaos/xenos, etc.
Post jump Emps will simplify this to Humans=Good Demons=Bad.
The other way is with a congregation, ironically much like a WAAAAAAGH, getting a mob together and whipping them into a frenzy will give you a temporary boost.

Going back to your original question, living sainthood is essentially the peak of what this perk can do, but keep in mind living saints are basically Daemon Princes of the emperor, so that can have implications.
>>
>>45070590
I presume this was some sort of space-time fuckery that let him dump his fat ass' weight in some other unfortunate universe, while remaining sprighty and bouncy in Earth Bet

>>45070640
Off the top of my head:

Don't investigate mirrors. The dream-snakes will take an interest in you and try to posess you. They're kinda like True Fae, but have far less direct influence in the physical world (they can still sort of melt meat by making them unreal or something) and dwell in the dream-world behind mirrors.

Certain dreams can have strange effects. If you dream of storms, it means a dead thunder-dragon is telepathically contacting you. This is not necessarily a bad thing, mind you; just remember dead does not equal unable to do shit. The dragons are the stars' enforcers. They eat time. If you dream about chess, it's probably a metaphor for conspiracies far and wide. If you dream of fire, it's a metaphor for the Masters' squabbling.

Mr. Eaten and wells

A long time ago, one of the Masters was betrayed and murdered. Suffice to say the way he was killed was several orders of magnitude more severe than Cantigaster venom. The thing is-the Bazaar basically swore mystic oaths that everything would work out fine to the Masters, and implicitly the weight of this promise was such it allowed Mr Eaten to become a spirit of hunger and vengeance. Seeking more information about Mr Eaten gradually turns you into Mr Eaten-or an extension of him, rather. He's this sentient absence of existence who wants to take revengeance on the Bazaar and the Masters

>>45070715
Don't forget Irrigo: Eldritch purple radiation that spouts from somewhere called the Cave of the Nadir which has conceptual properties of forgetfulness.

Human skulls GROW BONES TO COVER YOUR EYESOCKETS because YOUR VERY BONES are desparate to protect you from that stuff. It's the reason why normal reality doesn't work in the Neath; the stars can't see through the stuff.
>>
>>45070729
You don't need to be Superman to throw 9 tons. You can get a power in the Worm jump that gets you 3 times that strength.

>>45070771
Doesn't that only happen if they're destroyed?
>>
>>45070645
That still strikes me as little more than lazy writing.
>>
>>45070813
>There are two ways to increase potential faith powers; first and primary is to gain the Emperor's favor, pray, smite chaos/xenos, etc.
>Post jump Emps will simplify this to Humans=Good Demons=Bad.
So as you continue along your chain, if you make a point of siding with humanity, particularly in the face of demons, your Faith Powers will grow. Am I understanding you correctly?

>The other way is with a congregation, ironically much like a WAAAAAAGH, getting a mob together and whipping them into a frenzy will give you a temporary boost.
How would that work if you had a permanent base of devotees and worshippers? Would you still only get the boost while they're praying and the like?

>keep in mind living saints are basically Daemon Princes of the emperor, so that can have implications.
If that were to happen post-jump, though, wouldn't you just turn into a Daemon Prince of humanity, given what you said above?

Thanks for answering this, by the way, it's been rattling around in my head for a bit.
>>
>>45070920
Everything about the Endbringers is honestly.
>>
>>45070640
Basiaclly ASA's waifu is incredibly judgemental and intolerant of everyone who's broken arbitrary laws and who isn't also a star so-don't go back to the surface

>>45070920
>>45070932

Saitama is an Endbringer adopted by humans and brought up as one of them, like Tarzan and the apes.

It all makes sense now.
>>
>>45070941
It's gonna be strange for those of us who are stars for true.
>>
>>45070915
It's worth noting, too, that most strength perks in the chain are written such that you can /lift/ X weight and that lifting strength does not necessarily correlate to explosive power.

Power and Olympic lifters can put up huge weights, but they can't throw as hard as professional baseball and football players who lift considerably less.

I'm not saying that strength perks are useless, mind you, just that people here tend to not look at how strength works.

The above also carries over into discussing the relationship between raw strength and punching power.
>>
>>45070987
When people write strength perks, they're generally imagining it applies to ALL feats or strength, not just lifting. So your position is going to end up invalid more often than not.
>>
>>45071015
That's the thing, though, punching and throwing aren't necessarily feats of strength as such. In order to really get the most of of those stacks you'd need to invest in speed talents as well.

Your grappling martial arts, though, wouldn't suffer from what I referenced.
>>
>>45071055
No, it's the same as how people writing speed perks don't give you friction immunity. They're not intentionally fucking you over and making you burst into flame, they're just not physicists or trying to apply hard physics to fictional settings and assume you can be an adult and accept the perk at its intent.

You're basically rules lawyering it, trying to tell people their strength perks don't do anything, because you're being autistic about real world physics here.
>>
>>45070924
in order
>yes

>like aforementioned WAGH, you can only use it while its going on

>the power is still coming from Emps (or maybe its Jumpchan pretending to be emps, doesn't matter for your purposes), and while you could use congregates to use power on this level without side-effects, becoming a living saint basically means you're at least partially composed of warp energy
suffice to say, a blank living saint is probably a bad idea
>>
>>45071015
>>45070987
And this is of course without applying things like softcap, through which you could probably eventually reach those points of strength through sheer tenacity and time.
>>
>>45071080
I'm not sure how that's relevant to anything in the quoted posts.
>>
>>45071064
I didn't say that the strength perks didn't do anything. I said that there isn't a 1:1 correlation to increased raw strength and increased punching/throwing power.

I also said that that would be limited if not out and out mitigated by speed perks.

I'm not trying to rules lawyer, just trying to bring up some different ideas so people can flesh out their builds.
>>
>>45070640
Mr. Eaten was once Mr. Candles, one of the Masters of the Bazaar. The name is a misconception, the "Masters" are actually the servants of the space-crab whose back the Bazaar is built upon. One of their primary duties is to acquire new cities from which to harvest stories of tragic love, as the Bazaar (the space-crab and its institution are often referred to with the same name) is hoping that if it accumulates a great enough collection of romantic non-fiction it can convince the Judgements that its love for our solar system's sun should not be taboo. It's complicated.

Anyway, Mr. Candles screwed up. It's not clear exactly what happened, but it's implied that it had something to do with the purchase of the Second City. The Masters HATE the Second City. The place was a lemon, completely worthless for harvesting love stories, and they were stuck with it for over two millennia. And it's suggested that Mr. Candles, in taking pity on the daughters of the Pharaoh (the second city was somewhere Egyptian, probably Amarna from what evidence we have), was the reason why its flaws were overlooked. He always was the softest of the Masters.

So on comes the Third City. Somewhere Mayan, believed to be Chichen Itza. This was a good city, one that could finally replace the Second and get a good crop of romance from. And, well, the priest-kings of the Third City demanded immortality as the price for their city. So the Masters gave them Mr. Candles. They ate his flesh, and became the undead God Eaters.

But Mr. Candles didn't die. The Masters have a deal with the Bazaar, they stick around as long as it does. Those bits of him that survived were drowned in a well of the Bazaar's tears (not that weird, in itself, lacre is a pretty common substance down there), and the well entombed in a temple far to the north. From there he can still reach out through dreams to influence his puppets to strike at the bazaar or to perhaps one day resurrect himself through them.
>>
>>45071092
Come to think of it neither am I. I hate being sick, things get very confusing because my brain seems to be reading things wrong. Ignore me!
>>
>>45071109
>I didn't say that the strength perks didn't do anything
You said they didn't apply to anything but lifting. Is that literally NOTHING? No, but it is trying to completely neuter their intent by rules lawyering.

They don't need speed perks. They weren't written with the assumption of hard physics and with your hard understanding of how things work in reality. They were intended to work for power and feats of strength. Again, you're being autistic as all hell.
>>
>>45071068
>>the power is still coming from Emps (or maybe its Jumpchan pretending to be emps, doesn't matter for your purposes), and while you could use congregates to use power on this level without side-effects, becoming a living saint basically means you're at least partially composed of warp energy
>suffice to say, a blank living saint is probably a bad idea
So if your actions on behest of mankind power you up over time and continually work toward the betterment of mankind does that mean that living sainthood is inevitable? Can you put the breaks on your ascension so you don't go full warp creature?
>>
>>45071168
yes, you can only go living saint if you choose to
>>
>>45070984
Ayep. It's worth noting Fallen London stars are a very specific type of eldritch abomination, a little like the Outer Gods and the C'tan.

What you gotta understand is-there's this hierarchy, the Great Chain, they enforce. Basically, they and beings they consider valuable for various reasons are at the top, less real beings like Fingerkings and Devils are far near the bottom.

It's hard to say how they'd react to, for example, a Narnia star. On the one hand, you'd be far less than a bonafide star; it's implied there are different powerlevels and degrees of authority among the stars being as the Sun's romantic proposal got rejected by some other star and a star called the White ordered another star to investigate the Neath, so you'd probably be near the bottom of the pecking order. On the other hand, seeing as Narnian stars DO have duties and such during their stay, they...might value you more than most mortal life, seeing as you're more useful to them than most. Maybe on par with the Masters?

>>45071118
That's the real tragedy of Mr Candles nee Eaten. Even after becoming a spirit of hungervengeance a few stories imply he's somewhat sympathetic to the lorn-flukes (giant mutant alien urchins also screwed over by the Bazaar, and angry about it). In fact, he's implied to have been the Master to have brokered a deal with the Fluke race in the first place, to shield them from the stars' light.
>>
>>45071137
I do not know why you're so insistent on name calling when all I'm trying to do is get a conversation going about powers.
>>
>>45071188
Cool.

Have you looked at Eternal Crusade? What do you think of it?
>>
>>45071216
Because a difficulty with suspension of disbelief is leading me to a conclusion.

Your problem is you're trying to start a conversation by invoking two soft points. The first is applying hard, realistic physics to a bunch of anime and videogames. The second is in trying to limit or weaken people by applying the first. The first is missing the point, the second people simply don't like.
>>
>>45071194
Masters don't sound like anything worth noting.
>>
>>45071272
Only vids, can't judge much until they implement more races and planetside maps promised, other than the stamina system apparently being a load of shit
>>
>>45071273
Honestly, I just went back and reread what I wrote and I don't see anything where I tried limiting or weakening people. I made an observation about the relationship between lifting strength and explosive power, and a comment about how speed will help you get the most out of your strength build.

Maybe I'm just not seeing something, and if I am please let me know, but can you point to where I said that people are necessarily weakened and that I'm trying to force this on people?
>>
>>45071314
It's better than being ranked at the same level as humans, though.
>>
File: 1314097701342.jpg (36 KB, 423x474) Image search: [Google]
1314097701342.jpg
36 KB, 423x474
>>45071347
>I don't see anything where I tried limiting or weakening people.
You don't see how telling people their strength perks don't make them more powerful is limiting and weakening people?
>>
>>45071368
I don't see how.
>>
>>45071347
I just wanted to say I don't mind what you're discussing at all. That other guy's defensive and condescending as hell.
>>
>>45071460
Someone not being nice doesn't make them wrong.
>>
>>45071407
That's not what I said, though, and you're avoiding the substance of both of my questions.

>>45071460
Thanks.
>>
>>45071486
>That's not what I said, though,
It is, though. You told people they'd have to get speed perks to make their strength perks have value and do what they're saying they do. That makes people weaker, because their strength perks now don't do anything, and because they now have to buy more perks to make those initial perks do anything. This isn't a hard concept.
>>
>>45071428
They're higher up on the totem pole, they get more consideration and leniency from the Judgements. Humans are low on the Chain of Being, and have very few rights in the cosmic system of law. Masters still don't have much, but it's more than humans get. They can get away with more violations of the cosmic order without being punished for it.
>>
>>45071474
No, just the fact that he's trying to force his own interpretation of that anon's words into the anon's mouth makes it wrong. If anon already said he's not here to try and limit people why continue to force the argument?
>>
>>45071528
Anon might not THINK he's limiting people, doesn't mean he isn't. Which is why it's being explained to him why what he said would limit people.
>>
>>45071314
Define "worth noting". The stars don't even pay attention to humans most of the time,

>>45071428
What separates things on the Chain is mysterious. However, it's worth noting Masters are capable of surviving and hunting in outer space. Like many Lovecraft eldritch abominations they lean away from overt displays of power, but when you're hunting the Vake (Mr Veils likes to dress up as a scary matter and hunt people) it speaks in a bastardised form of Correspondence that cracks the ground in the weird dreamworld you're fighting on.

Broadly speaking your position on the Chain denotes how "real" you are. Stars define reality. Humans are real. Fingerlings are unreal and therefore don't exist, technically, under normal circumstances.
>>
>>45071525
But what advantages come about from being higher on this totem pole?
>>
>>45071541
Shit son I didn't realize random anons make the rules now instead of the original jumpmaker.
>>
>>45071509
No? He just said that lifting strength doesn't indicate exactly how hard you'll punch/throw, then made a suggestion about how to improve on it. If that's not the intention of the strength perks, the jump writers are free to correct it in the thread or through an update. You're acting paranoid for no reason.
>>
>>45071541
Your problem is you can't tell the difference between someone giving an order and someone giving their opinion. Or between explaining to someone why they're wrong and being an abrasive cunt.
>>
>>45071552
What if youre a narnia star?
>>
>>45071528
Honestly, I'm just going to back out of the conversation. Thanks for weighing in, though.

>>45071509
Look, I don't know what the issue is but I'm just going to back out of this conversation now. You've misrepresented what I've said in numerous posts, you've failed to address my questions, and, to be honest, it's coming across as a passive-aggressive attempt to start something. The topic struck me as interesting in passing, but not so much that it's worth continuing down the path you're intent on making.
>>
>>45071583
I don't blame you, people like him just reinforce the notion that if you give an opinion, somebody's likely to misinterpret it. Better just to abstain altogether.
>>
>>45070388
Even that is debatable, as the blast that turned Betroth into a skeleton should of fried the earth with photon radiation at least. And yes thats considering the fact it didn't actually get that far into him at all.
>>
>>45071556
It boils down to a sort of cosmic nepotism. Masters have, as mentioned earlier, fulfilled bargains for immortality in a twisted manner.

A lot of FL lore is mysterious and ambiguous because cosmic horror.
>>
>>45071567
>Jumpmaker
Uh, why do you think this guy is a jumpmaker?

>>45071576
You're making the assumption that a bunch of anime and videogame strength perks obey hard, real world physics or the jump writers were thinking of hard, real world physics about lifting strength vs whatever other kind of strength when writing them.

>>45071577
And 'is' is a statement of fact. Anon is making an argument that it is this way, so in the pretense of an argument, it would be countered by arguing why it's not that way.

>>45071583
>I don't know what the issue is
People by strength perks to have more power, and these perks are written with that assumption. Telling people that this isn't the case and they need speed perks is snatching away the perk's intent and why people purchased them out of a hard physics argument. Like I pointed out above, it's like arguing that using your speed perks is going to kill you because you're not immune to friction.

>>45071604
You guys are really defensive and easily offended, huh?
>>
>>45071630
>You guys are really defensive and easily offended, huh?
And you're not very self aware.
>>
>>45071604
I hope he isn't the same guy who admitted to shitting on Red because he was paranoid about fan clubs or whatever.

Either way. I at least won't hesitate to speak my mind so as not to encourage his bullshit.
>>
>>45071645
I'm only bothering to point it out because you accused me of it first. Calling me defensive, then being defensive, is pretty hypocritical.
>>
>>45071645
Don't even bother he just wants the last word in
>>
>>45071556
It's kept fairly vague, admittedly. But it seems to do with authority over your own reality. Creatures low on the Chain are punished if they try to change things too much. For example, genetic engineering is illegal under the law of the Judgements because low-chain creatures don't have the right to reshape life like that. So a lot of more advanced sciences and technologies are only permitted to creatures higher up the chain. Similarly, they have permission to travel, the Judgements don't really like low-chain creatures going into space. But the Masters are literally alien space bats, hunting across the stars is allowed for them. Basically, the Judgements want to keep you from doing anything interesting, because you are just a pathetic little human. You can break their laws, but that carries risks of them burning you or sending time-dragons to eat you (yes, there are time dragons, Fallen London is a weird universe). Being higher on the chain means you don't have to worry about that.
>>
>>45071660
Seriously though, what's with this paranoia? You guys don't seem to care about this discussion and just want to defend somebody; whoever you perceive to be a 'victim'.
>>
>>45071630
You're making the assumption other people have ulterior motives and jumping to conclusions, and frankly coming off like you think you speak for everyone here.

Which is patently false.
>>
>>45071675
Hey, you're the one that's flipping out over someone's observation.
>>
>>45071675
There is no "discussion" going on. The other party has made repeated attempts to reiterate his intentions, you've made repeated attempts to twist his words around. A discussion implies that both parties are willing to converse, here it's you chasing him down like a rabid mutt and gnawing on his leg until he catches rabies.
>>
>>45071675
Mainly because you were trying to assert the false premise of him trying to "nerd" people, which if you haven't noticed makes you come across as paranoid, hypocritical and myopic.
>>
>>45071689
Not really. Saying that his statement, if true, would limit people, is not a statement of an 'ulterior motive'.

Also I'm speaking against an argument and an assertion. If you think that's speaking for everyone that's kinda your own paranoia.

>>45071692
>Offering arguments
>Flipping out
You guys aren't insulated here. You've seen shitflinging. You know this isn't comparable to those people screaming bloody murder back and forth.

>>45071707
>>45071705
His statement, if accepted, does limit and weaken these perks. I expressed arguments above that justify this conclusion. I didn't imply maliciousness, and even made another post >>45071541 about the difference between intent and results.
>>
>>45071707
*nerf

Dammit, cooperate just this once autocorrect.
>>
Do we have to have a big pointless fight every thread?
>>
>>45071734
These anons are trying really hard to make one. They see two people discussing something and get really defensive so they have themselves to blame on this.
>>
>>45071734
Fuck you, shitffucker.
>>
>>45071605
>behemoth
>>
>>45071648
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>45071772
Someone two threads ago said they fling insults on purpose to get people to stop talking. He's trying to claim I'm that person.
>>
>>45071734
There's some idiot whose hobby seems to be taking potshots at anyone who even dares take a different interpretation of a perk from him and absolutely rejects the concept of having a civil discussion, and accuses them of nerfing if they argue back at him.

If I've taken anything from this particular squabble, it's not to respond to a certain style of poster since he can't be filtered.
>>
>>45071734
it comes in cycles
sometimes things are fine
sometimes you have shitslinging at least twice per day
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.