[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RWBY in RPGs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 21
File: RWBY.jpg (58 KB, 600x369) Image search: [Google]
RWBY.jpg
58 KB, 600x369
Badass Huntsmen/Huntresses out saving the world from all kinds of varieties of Grimm. Potential for in-universe political tension. Skirmishes and large-scale battles. Oh and everything's a gun. Idk seems like it could be fun.
What system would you use? Or would it be better off being homebrewed? Semblance ruled with something resembling Sorcerer Points from DnD 5e?
>What's your weapon?
>What's your semblance?
>>
>>45043574
Sounds like shit, sorry.
>>
>>45043574
>Basing a game on a crappy psudo-anime made on an even crappier 3d CG animation program.

Yeah, see >>45043600
>>
>>45043574
It's basically your average Magical Girl anime in a cyberpunk setting with flashy tech and gunblades.

You could run it in most RPGs.
>>
>>45043639
>Cyberpunk (or ANYTHING-punk for that matter)
>Magical girls + tech
>Gunvlades

Please stop. You're making it worse.
>>
>>45043652
No I'm not, that's what the show already has.
>>
File: RWBY Book.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
RWBY Book.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45043574
Oh, this again.
It's been done.

Ruby Rose
Strength 1
Agility 5
Endurance 3
Perception 2
Willpower 0
'Discipline' 4
Health (END+5): 8
Aura(PER+WIL+5): 7
Capacity(DIS+1): 5
Semblance: Super-Speed (AGI)
Weapon Type: Melee Aggressive (STR+END), Ranged Accurate (AGI+PER)
Modifications: Additional Attack 2, Hooked, Reach

Weiss Schnee
Strength 0
Agility 3
Endurance 1
Perception 2
Willpower 4
Discipline 5
Health (END+5): 6
Aura(PER+WIL+5): 11
Capacity(DIS+1): 6
Semblance: Glyphs (DIS)
Weapon Type: Melee Elegant (STR+DIS), Ranged Energy (AGI+WIL)
Modifications: Mixed Capacity 5

Blake Belladonna
Strength 2
Agility 5
Endurance 0
Perception 3
Willpower 1
Discipline 4
Health (END+5): 5
Aura(PER+WIL+5): 9
Capacity(DIS+1): 5
Semblance: Shadow Clone (AGI)
Weapon Type: Melee Precise(STR+AGI), Ranged Accurate (AGI+PER)
Modifications: Martial Arts, Mixed Capacity, Reach, Hooked

Yang Xiao Long
Strength 5
Agility 0
Endurance 4
Perception 2
Willpower 3
Discipline 1
Health (END+5): 9
Aura(PER+WIL+5): 11
Capacity(DIS+1): 2
Semblance: Retribution (END)
Weapon Type: Melee Aggressive (STR+END)
Modifications: Martial Arts

Reference PDF attached.
Your waifu a shit.
>>
Monsters and Masterminds might work
>>
>>45043652
Magical Girls are OK. Magical Girls plus Tech always feels like tryhard bullshit though.
>>
>>45043691
A simple look at the character sheet tells me that this "system" can't be good for anything, least of all its intended setting.
>>
Legends of the Wulin is the best fit, IMO. I know at least one person running a game in it already using the setting. It's full of ridiculous weapons and high action awesomeness, so it works really well.

>>45043789

Nanoha has a couple of words for you. 'Starlight Breaker.'
>>
>>45045716
...kay.
>>
>>45043789
But some of the best magical girl shows are try hard bullshit.
>>
>>45043691
Well damn. I was skeptical that it might be shit, but this proved me right on that. Rare to get such immediate confirmation.

So, is Steven Universe still running? I figure that if we're going to shit up a thread, we might as well go all the way. Hey! I heard they ran a SU quest thread. Something something there was JoJo's Bizarre Adventure crossed in? IDFK I tried to read it and just couldn't care.
>>
>>45045769
Everybody likes a bad idea when it works.

RWBY doesn't work. It especially doesn't work as a Tabletop.
>>
I remember seeing the previews for rbwy way back years ago and thinking it looked like dogshit. I only liked the country girl with the shotgun punchy fists. Partially because fetish. Is she still on the show?
>>
>>45046033
She's one of the main characters, I haven't even watched the second season I think the third just ended and as far as I have heard only one character has died, and it wasn't a main character.
>>
>>45046033
>>45046066
halfway through the third season right now and were finally getting something resembling a plot

I severely doubt the payoff will be worth it though.
>>
>>45046106
I don't understand this kind of mentality. Why do people continue to watch things they know will be bad? When I pick up a new game, if it's not fun in the first hour or two, I usually return it. When I pick up a new anime, if it's not good in the first 3 episodes, I stop watching.

Why invest time on something that's not worth the time?
>>
>>45043574
I have no desire for shitty animation.
>>
>>45046129
I watch it for the music.
>>
>>45046129
Some people feel compelled to finish things once they start them.
It is a terrible way to live.
>>
>>45046129
Because some things get better at some point.
Like I don't stop reading a hentai three pages in unless there is a tag like rape that they didn't include beforehand
RWBY is my favourite at the moment, however...
The in-universe political tension really doesn't fit sometimes.
The animation gets better after each season, along with the plot and scrip writing.
It was better when Monty was in charge and alive though
>>
>>45046187
Yeah... some things get better eventually... but is it worth investing more and more time on the CHANCE it gets better? Why not just invest that time in something that you know is going to be good.
>>
>>45046129
>>45046179
I'm actually watching it with my Girlfriend, Finding TV for her is like getting /v/ to play video games
>>
>>45043574
Nigga RWBY is so bad I'm embarrassed for your sake. Still get the fuck out, though.
>>
>>45046245
And she likes RWBY? I mean... I can understand her being a weeaboo, but that's bad taste even for a weeaboo.
>>
>>45046129
RWBY aside, not giving things a chance is fucking retarded. Plenty of awesome shows take the writers half a season to find their groove, and then they're fantastic. It's a well documented phenomenon.
>>
>>45046187
the in-universe political tension makes no fucking sense.

I'm really liking the show because i think there's *some* cool ideas in there. It's way more suited to being adapted for vidya than /tg/ though.
>>
>>45046388
Giving things a CHANCE is fine... giving them a chance for for 2 and a half seasons before they get good... not so much.
>>
>>45043574
I would use Marvel Heroic Roleplaying.

There are more or less superheroes with two clearly distinct power sets: The weapon and the semblance.

You don't even have to use any house rules.
>>
Breh rbwy is fake weebshit, not even real weebshit. It's garbage twice.
>>
File: 1448409087623.gif (1 MB, 260x173) Image search: [Google]
1448409087623.gif
1 MB, 260x173
>>45046129
I want to see them horribly bungle the coming race war.
>>
>>45046755
It's actually the true kind of weebshit, as it is shit made by weebs for weebs.
>>
File: d02 - Know No Limit.jpg (298 KB, 768x994) Image search: [Google]
d02 - Know No Limit.jpg
298 KB, 768x994
>>45043574
You made me break my lurking spree here so let me recommend OVA. It's the midway between FATE and GURPS/M&M. Then again, there are some unofficial homebrews along with the inevitable GURPS adaptation. If you're bored or desperate, play D02, it NEVER fails.
>>
>>45047035
Oh great, I forgot to turn off my name. Well I've made my reply so I'd rather not retype it.
>>
File: Feng Shui.jpg (605 KB, 900x1169) Image search: [Google]
Feng Shui.jpg
605 KB, 900x1169
>ctrl+f "Feng Shui"

>Zero results

C'mon, tg, we'e been over this. It's exactly the kind of freeform combat that you'd want, with guns, magic and melee used in whatever combo you think is cool.
>>
>>45046168
Such a shame they went with such a shit theme this year. I hope Williams gets his act together for next season's intro, because generally it's quite good.
>>
>>45047126

I like Feng Shui, but IMO it lacks the combet depth to really be appropriate.
>>
>>45046549
It's had it's high points and lows all along, they're just shifting. The music's been consistently good. The first two seasons had some pretty well choreographed fight scenes, and the animation steadily improved. Then the lead writer/director died, and the choreography (both in and out of fight scenes) went to shit so far in the third, but they're trying to climb back out. Meanwhile, the plot went from 'generic magic schoolgirl stuff' to 'actually existing' in the third season, so that's better.

It's not great, but it's also not consistently bad. Personally, I'm hoping Rooster Teeth eventually do what they did with the first seasons of RVB and record entirely new footage once they know how to competently produce it.
>>
>>45047171

>well choreographed fight scenes

Are they anything like the fight scenes in the preview videos? Because those were borderline unwatchable.
>>
>>45047157
Like RWBY has depth. It's about little girls ping-ponging around the battlefield, watching as they use their super-special gunswords and magic powers to tear up legions of monsters. Feng Shui lets you describe all that, throw some dice, and keep everything moving. Even Exalted isn't great at that.
>>
>>45047187

I can see why some people would prefer that, I guess it's a matter of opinion. I'd go with LotW, suggested above, as it's got the best high action combat system in any RPG I've ever played.
>>
>>45047182
Not really, the team improved a lot since them. I'd rate the episode where they choose teams pretty highly in terms of some fast-paced, flashy fights.
>>
>>45047171
>>
File: A-Aha-Ahaha.gif (214 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
A-Aha-Ahaha.gif
214 KB, 500x240
>>45047230
They're not all gold, but enough of them work well that I enjoyed watching them.
>>
>>45046549
Yes it is, for the same reason you slog through several external tutorials for Dwarf Fortress.
It's not some commercial show produced by a giant established team, but a show made by a few people who started off doing it for fun.
There is lots of room for improvement and there is lots of actual improvement. It's not something static.
>>
>>45047414
>It's not some commercial show produced by a giant established team, but a show made by a few people who started off doing it for fun.

I don't really buy this one, tbqh. This was a dream project of Monty's, but it's not like it's something he made in his basement and built the fanbase from nothing- he brought the idea to RT and they gave him the resources to produce it. Rooster Teeth is a big company, with a large animation department who have been working more and more on producing original content instead of just machinima, and Monty was the spearhead for that work for years before RWBY existed. It's a work made by professionals for commercial reasons, even if they're not Pixar or Funimation and associates.
>>
>>45046720
Do you have a PDF for this fellow anon?
>>
>>45047171
Nigga what? RWBY has some of the most flaccid, empty, floaty, and pointlessly flashy fight scenes that I have ever fucking seen.
>>
File: 1452377024953.gif (825 KB, 500x203) Image search: [Google]
1452377024953.gif
825 KB, 500x203
>>45048175
I kind of like a bit of flash. I'll take my cuhrayzee where I can get it.
>>
>>45048175
It's alright to admit that you haven't actually watched a single episode.
We won't hold it against you.
>>
>>45043574

ITT: Salt And Edges
>>
>>45048297
It already says "RWBY" in the title, you don't need to repeat it.
>>
>>45046129
It has a lot of good /u/ fan content.
>>
File: Sarge_S10.png (671 KB, 749x729) Image search: [Google]
Sarge_S10.png
671 KB, 749x729
All I would do is make a Sarge character and go around shooting people in the face with a shotgun while shouting one liners
>>
>>45048426

Nah you need to stick a Bayonet to it to keep it in theme with the show.
>>
>>45043691
That system's not very good, seems like a clusterfuck at best.
>>
>>45046066
Calling it now, the robot girl's going to come back as a deus ex machina later on.
>>
>>45046129
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_pleasure
>>
>>45048426
They really should just stick to RvB, it's infinitely superior just for Sarge and Caboose.
>>
>>45048614
the difference is that one goes through competent quality control and the other doesn't
>>
>>45048664
Pretty much, it also helps that the characters are well developed with voice actors who actually know what they're doing and the writers can actually do drama and emotional stuff without ham-handed YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD NOW.
>>
>>45048175
Motherfucker, the chuunni fight scenes are the only fucking reason to watch RWBY. Everything else sucks. I dropped the series by like episode 3 when I realized that it was going to be a shitty 3D anime with awful voice acting.

Shame that Yang was wasted on such a shit series, she is sexy as fuck and her shotgun gauntlets are badass.
>>
Legends of the wulin. Or just pathfinder where everyone is half wizard half fighter. HP is aura and you can get to -CON until you die.
>>
>>45048766
Yang really grates on me, I hate her attitude.
>>
>>45048727
It's baffling how the series that began as a comedy has better production, acting, and writing than the original action drama they hyped to the fucking skies.

RWBY is nothing short of baffling. Everything about it besides fight scenes and music is a train wreck of ginormous proportions but people keep eating this shit up.

I have a feeling that RWBY basically destroyed web television shows. Nobody is going to want to try their hand at the medium when it exists.

>>45048800
I dropped this shit after episode 2, I just like her character design and weapons.
>>
>>45048822
that's what happens when everyone who works on the show is either an intern or a former gamestop employee
>>
>>45043574
>>What's your weapon?
An assault rifle halberd.
>What's your semblance?
I guess hard light projections.
>>
>>45048835
Yeah I have no idea why they didn't get anyone professional on the team. The whole production reeks of a bunch of amateurs trying their hand at something big and stumbling every step of the way.

Except in this case they pandered to casual-tier anime fans so they actually didn't crash and burn. However, I have seen a ton of RWBY "fans" trash the series yet keep watching it in hopes of it getting better and I am completely stumped by this.

Man, and I'm the kind of person who unironically likes chuuni shounen bullshit.
>>
File: 37d.png (243 KB, 398x398) Image search: [Google]
37d.png
243 KB, 398x398
>>45048898
>assault rifle halberd.
Haha
>>
>>45048908
>I have seen a ton of RWBY "fans" trash the series yet keep watching it in hopes of it getting better and I am completely stumped by this.
Well it did get better, volume three has been pretty good mostly.
Not just "okay", actually good.
>>
>>45043652
>cyberpunk makes it worse
Tasteless faggot detected, I'm amazed you aren't watching this shitfest of a show
>>
>>45048917
What? it's iconic weapon of Corpse God's guardians.
>>
>>45048908
>Monty had the two writers watch SAO and Soul Eater for inspiration before watching the show
>One of them called SAO his favorite anime and even said he liked AGK
>>
>>45048908
To be fair Monty was professional before he went and died and it is actually getting better particularly in the last few episodes. Admittedly there wasn't must of a bar to jump up from but it certainly feels much better now that The Plan is no longer some nebulous concept to justify all the running around and Jaune is getting less screen time.
>>
File: 1392242378257.jpg (31 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1392242378257.jpg
31 KB, 600x450
>>45048983
>>
>>45048917
>>45048898
http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Neptune's_Gun

Glave, but.
>>
>>45048983
I like Akame Ga Kill 'cause I'm an edgy fuck who likes the whole "shounen where people actually die" aspect. Anime sucked though

Also I really need to catch up, I stopped reading about a year ago
>>
>>45049183
>I'm an edgy fuck who likes the whole "shounen where people actually die" aspect
How did you like Terraformars?
>>
I would probably use anima beyond fantasy. The weapons are already rules supported and the semblance abilites are easy to represent with monster Powers.
>>
>>45049212
Never read it. Premise didn't look too interesting.
>>
>>45048983

I enjoy SAO as a guilty pleasure, but calling it your favorite anime is a bit much.
>>
>>45049280
The best part is the VA's for RWBY characters calling them out on it
>>
>>45049225
It's good for awhile, because people really die, then it goes all Shingeki no Kyojin and nobody dies anymore.
>>
>>45043574
>powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

This is your semblance, the last ranged weapon and melee weapon you used in the last game video game you played is your weapon. Go.

>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Momentum_Manipulation

Last game I played was AssCreed Syndicate so I guess revolvers that turn into Kukri Knives. Balling.

Super fast, hard hitting, knife guy. Since I can manipulate impacts I guess I'd kick a lot to. Move fast hit hard sort of thing.
>>
>>45049722

Chlorokinetic Scrying

And my weapon is a longbow battleaxe? That sounds kinda metal.

(BTW FF:Explorers is pretty fun)
>>
>>45049722
Electrical Signal Manipulation with a fuckhuge Dual Blade Bow.
Sounds good enough.

(Except its extremely shoddily made. Fanservice is the only redeeming quality of this abortion of an ARPG.)
>>
>>45049722
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omnidirectional_Waves

Last game I played was Mount and Blade: Warband where I played a battleaxe wielder. And before that I played the Shadow Warrior remake and used the Flamethrower mostly.

So... I can explode energy waves out of me and my battleaxe is also a flamethrower.
>>
>>45049943
I guess.

Jackpot!
>>
>>45048766
>Shame that Yang was wasted on such a shit series, she is sexy as fuck and her shotgun gauntlets are badass.
You need to watch Symphogear. It's like RWBY if the creators actually knew what they were doing (but were still just as chuuni).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ICCCbPvx14
In the next fight after that one, the protagonist figures out how to reshape her armor in order to turn her fists into pilebunkers. By season 2 she's also incorporated rocket engines.
>>
>>45043652
>You're making it worse.
But magical girls + tech is literally god tier
Nanoha and Symphogear are proof of this
>>
>>45049722
Ranged weapon: Flintlock (Darkest Dungeon)
Melee weapon: Longsword
Semblence: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Enhanced_Senses
>>
I LIKE PENNY
she's the only halfway decent interesting character out there

for all that she's DEAD JIM
>>
>>45046245

Hi Herbie
>>
File: 404 Not Found.png (570 KB, 780x1015) Image search: [Google]
404 Not Found.png
570 KB, 780x1015
>>45050453
Literally just Lambda with shittier hair and no sexy bodysuit.

0/10, would not template armies of cute girl murderbots after.
>>
>>45050453
Robots can't die unless you destroy the brain and no one made backups. She's guaranteed to come back unless her creator dies or something. At worst she'll be reprogrammed into an enemy but break free.
>>
>>45046129
Entertainment is only bad if it fails to entertain.
>>
>>45050453
>halfway decent
Fuck you Carlos.

>>45050755
Worst thing that'll happen to Penny is return sans memory.
>>
Am I the only person in this thread that thought rwby was decent?

I found the dialogue more tolerable than most anime

And the animation during is super funny, especially during fight scenes

Anime in general is fucking retarded
>>
>>45050755
Joke's on you, in a horrible twist of fate her robo-brain was in her stomach because it's easier to armor than the head and nobody would expect it.
>>
>>45050879
You lost me at the last line, but the ones before I fully agree.
I liked it from day one.
It's not the best thing since sliced bread, but it's still pretty tasty. Then again, I'm not one of those people who can't enjoy a dish because it's not exactly momma's recipe.
>>
>>45050879
I'm not an anime fan, but I personally really enjoy RWBY. I know it has it's flaws, but it also has something about it that I find charming.
>>
>>45050942
That WOULD be sensible Gynoid design, but we both know that's not how these things work in fiction.
>>
>>45043691
>Your waifu a shit.

But I think Blake is adorable.
>>
>>45050978
Now that I think about it, it would be even more sensible to have multiple memory units in multiple parts of the body, both for recovery purposes and to avoid data corruption.
>>
>>45050879
I like it. I'm not salivating at the thought of a new episode and watch every single one multiple times over like some weebs. But I like the characters and the action.
>>
>>45050879
I enjoy it.
>>
>>45050954
>>45050972
>>45051158
>>45051208
See. Quality doesn't mean people won't like something.
>>
>>45051339
Honestly? "Quality" is kinda overrated these days.
Not everything needs to be AAA quality as long as there's heart in it.
The video game indie scene is the best example for that.
Is it all good? No, of course not. But if everything and everyone has to be perfect from the very beginning, that kills any potential for creativity.
>>
File: Time For Some Fisting.png (534 KB, 712x1123) Image search: [Google]
Time For Some Fisting.png
534 KB, 712x1123
>>45051055
Boo. I don't need emo quasi-furries. Yang is best girl.
>>
>>45043574
Anima is a perfect system to use for a rwby campaign you can literally copy and paste in a rwby character.
>>
>>45051838
I'm pretty sure Yang's boobs aren't that big.

Besides Weiss is best girl.
>>
>>45051999
Live action, she'd need to be played by someone of Haley Atwell-level talents.

Weiss is a good second place, but way too high-maintenance for a top-tier waifuing
>>
>>45052047
Weiss has the inherent advantage of not having her character design blatantly ripped off of a Blazblue character, so she wins in that department.

Seriously, someone over at RT has a massive boner for that game. Which is fine, but Yang is almost just a 1:1 copy of Bullet visually and in terms of powers/moveset, just with different hair and less delicious brown.
>>
>>45049722
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omni-Physics_Manipulation

Jesus, I hit the fucking jackpot of all jackpots. If I get autistic enough I can replicate nearly every other power on the Wiki.

Oh and my weapons are the Glorious Havoc from Borderlands and the Clipper which are cool I guess. I get to light people on fire. Which I could already do with my ability.
>>
>>45050353
>Yurishit
>anything besides shit-tier
>>
>>45049722
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Matter_Melding
Last game I played with Weapons of any kind was Viscera Clean Up Detail.

So I fuse with stuff, including Dust, and use a Mop/Welding Gun.

Am I Jax from LoL? "You should see me with a real weapon".
>>
File: Original Content Donut Steel.jpg (1 MB, 2592x3600) Image search: [Google]
Original Content Donut Steel.jpg
1 MB, 2592x3600
>>45052161
Ah, but Bullet shoots fireballs, while Yang has shotgun rounds that explode into fire. Totally different.
>>
>>45052287
You could fuse with Penny.

You could make her a Real Girl. Or a Real Woman I suppose.
>>
>>45049722
>Meele Weapon
Sword and Mace, random drops from WoW
>Ranged Weapon
I don't even remember. Magic Bow, I guess.

>Semblance
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Canine_Manipulation
Welp, I'm getting a dog girl as a partner and the fans will write really creepy porn of us.
>>
File: 1387921754831.png (205 KB, 459x291) Image search: [Google]
1387921754831.png
205 KB, 459x291
>>45052199
>not liking the purest form of love
Are you a faggot or what?
>>
>>45052371
Use it to control dogbreed furries. Go be a terrorist with the rest of the White Fang.
>>
>>45052371
But anon, wolfgirls are the best partners!

Wolves are loyal but aren't disgusting retards like their domesticated counterparts.
>>
>>45049722
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Nature_Channeling

>Last Melee Weapon
Twin Daggers

>Last Ranged Weapon
Bow

So I wield a Twin Dagger version of Simon's Bowblade, and my semblance is.. fucking magic I guess?
>>
>>45052406
>Unironically wanting to be cucked by dykes
>>
>>45052474

How would you want that ironically?
>>
>>45052474
>wanting to fuck lesbians in the first place
>>
>>45052512
You suck your wife's boyfriend's cock while watching Louis CK?
>>
>>45050879
Only watched s1 but the VAs were fucking insufferable, at least the animation/action was nice but you are fucking stupid if you think in general anime is retarded.
>>
>>45052424
Please, I'll make sure to install dog people in positions of power, start a war and carve out my own nation in the peace negotiations.

Also aren't there wolf-type monsters? I'd be up for my private army of bone-plated wolfs made of darkness.

>>45052450
It's all just ears and tails in that setting, so it doesn't make much of a difference.
>>
>>45052564
Do they actually possess the traits of the animals they look like? The rabbit girl is a bit scared, but none of the other ones are really representative.
>>
>>45052669
The monkey guy climbs a bit, that's about all I know.
I don't even remember what animal one of the main cast is because that series handles that stuff really badly.
>>
File: true man.jpg (261 KB, 800x1800) Image search: [Google]
true man.jpg
261 KB, 800x1800
>>45052199
>Implying Symphogear it's a how-to guide for manliness

Get out and don't come back until you fix your shit taste.
>>
>>45052707
She's a cat, but other than the loner stuff and liking fish it's not played up.
>>
>>45052707
Monkey guy loves bananas

>>45052746
I think her liking fish was used as a joke once, but I could be misremembering.
>>
>>45052669
Sometimes.

Blake is normal aside from being a loner (non-obvious cat trait), but she's afraid of dogs and easily distracted by laser pointers (obvious cat traits), though the later two are mostly just gags.
>>
>>45049722
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Fire-Lightning_Breath

Powerlisting is a silly place.

>last game I played was Minecraft, but I didn't have a bow
>last game with a ranged weapon I played was Fallout: New Vegas

So I've got a shortsword/laser pistol?

I have no idea what's going on.
>>
File: PrimeBowM.png (263 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
PrimeBowM.png
263 KB, 512x512
>>45049722
Honestly, I had to reroll a lot of powers with no fight scene applicability (or the power to win all fight scenes forever), but I stopped on this

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Locality_Tracking

because that works. Especially with my ludicrously over-blinged Longbow-Greatsword.
>>
>>45051921
Do go ahead and show us the results if it's that easy.

>>45052669
The fact that many Faunus have the night vision of their animal counterparts is a major point in the setting's history and came up in Oobleck's history class.
>>
>>45049722
Semblance: Multitasking
Ranged Weapon: Arm Cannon (Metroid)
Melee Weapon: Knife (Undertale)

So I would be able to fight in both melee and at ranged effectively at the same time.
>>
>>45043619
Honestly, the setting is the best thing about the show. You can ditch all the shitty animu characters and never culminated plotting from villains for having your players explore the setting, which is just detailed enough to prompt lots of ideas, but also vague enough that a whole lot of unknowns exist.
>>
>>45050879
>I found the dialogue more tolerable than most anime
That's because RWBY is made by Western weebs, so you don't deal with that bizarre 'not-English' that most anime characters speak so as to synchronize mouthflaps.

>And the animation during is super funny, especially during fight scenes
Christ, the fight scenes are flaccid as fuck. The animation, especially circa S1 is dry and boring. They didn't even bother to animate background characters until S2.
>>
>>45053870
S1 was awful in almost every way. I still watched for the music.
S2 and S3 had some pretty good fight scenes. I now watch for the better fight scenes and music
>>
>>45045716
How'd they handle the lore sheet thing? Or any other refluffing? I wanted to use Wulin for a RWBY game but it seemed like effort to get it there.
>>
>>45049722
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Seraphim_Physiology
>last ranged weapon i used
laser rifle, borderlands the presequel
>last melee weapon i used
assuming claptrap's fist doesn't count, P4 mc's katana
so, i have angel powers, and a katana that shoots lasers
i'm like a terrible oc
>>
>>45047035
What is OVA?
>>
>>45055690
http://www.wiseturtle.com/products.html

Yet another 'play any anime you want' game.
>>
>>45045744
You sound like a retard that hates on anime because "its so stupid weebs get out of my super serious tabletops REEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>45055854
Ahh, apologies for not knowing. I'm fairly new to the hobby, also much obliged for the link.
>>
>>45055945
No problem. It's not a well-known game, even in the anime emulation genre, though the book gets bonus points for actually taking Kickstarter money and turning it into an attractive product, with good art and functional indexes.

All you have to do, when someone says something you don't understand, is google "_____ rpg" and see what comes up on the first page
>>
>>45055854
Not just that, you can play (almost) anything else. The game is just dressed to look like an anime game. The Ricochet system is essentially GURPS-lite.

Takes some work to make more complicated concepts though.
>>
>>45052179
Yeah but how smart are you?
>>
>>45049722
Enhanced eating.

Sword and shield.
127mm cannon.
How the fuck would I even carry a cannon meant to be on a warship?
>>
>>45060241
it's stored in your stomach, obviously
>>
>>45058029
This actually seems like a lot of fun. Downloading it.
>>
>>45049722
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Portal_Manipulation

Well I played Darkest Fungeon, and the last memorable guy I played was when I went after the prophet and the only survivor was my crusader.

So something along the lines of a two handed great sword that can shift into a boom stick if we stick to the gothic like feel of Darkest Dungeon.

Stragety would most likely evolve around using portals to close in with the enemy or bring myself into range at rediculous speeds to slice.

That or just create a portal near the guy at the end of my gun and just blast them.
>>
>>45049722
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Flame_Manipulation

Melee: Warhammer

Ranged: LMG

I have been given great power this day.
>>
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Force-Field_Combat

Let's see... last melee weapon was a dagger in Blade and Soul and last ranged weapon was a minimum in Fallout 4. I don't even know how you'd combine those two.
>>
>>45062035
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Portal_Manipulation
So you're Yang's Mom?

>>45063493
>That entire build
Fun Times ahead. Not sure if I like the Warhammer/LMG more, or the Canon Purse/Minigun

>>45063581
Dagger/Minigun can't be much harder than Purse/Minigun.
>>
>>45043574
Personally, I'd use FATE. It's open enough that you can customize it to work naturally with aura. Use Aura stress as a working system, give the weapons their own aspects, and make the semblances their own unique stunt that they can spend fate points to activate.

As for weapon, I always wanted a bow with sharpened limbs that became a set of two 3-pointed glaives, connected by wire. (Not the staff variety, I mean more the oversized melee shuriken variety.) The bow would be very long ranged, meant for sniping, and the glaive morph would be both melee and shortranged, because I'd be able to throw one glaive, and whip it around.

No clue as for semblance, though. Maybe invisibility/light manipulation. Or teleportation.
>>
>>45043574

I remember a guys had these characters stated out for mythender, which while not exactly what you're looking for seemed like a really cool idea.
>>
>>45050267
The second half of season 3 was shit, with the exception of Dr. Ver and GENOCIDE.
How would you run a symphogear game?
>>
File: 1453060773970.png (134 KB, 541x717) Image search: [Google]
1453060773970.png
134 KB, 541x717
My waifu a Penny.

I'm saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
>>
>>45047171
M.Oum apparently had the plot for like 10 seasons of RWBY written up before he died though.

Shame he died because of an allergic reaction to anaesthetic.
>>
>>45047479
Season 1 of RWBY was practically bootleg produced, written and animated by 3 people.

If you've watched the podcasts Rooster Teeth was absolutely baffled and surprised by the amount of attention and the positive reaction they got to it.

Fucking *disney* bought the rights to localize it in japan (and brought in some big name actors for it) last I heard.
>>
>>45049722
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Poverty_Inducement

and a knife... as both my ranged and melee weapon, simple, short, straight.
>>
>>45052977
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Fire-Lightning_Breath

Congrats, you're diablo.
>>
>>45066430
I guess how this power would work is that I'd drain the aura that other people have? Not actually use it for anything, but be more or less a null/negative in rwby universe.

A negative with just a knife. I suppose I could be some sort of assassin or anti-human specialist, but I'd be awful against grimm.
>>
File: Jury Rigging.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Jury Rigging.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>45060421
>he carries around a sword and shield on his back
>when he needs the cannon he vomits up extra parts and assembles it
>he's always scarfing down scrap metal so he has a variety of pieces to work with

I'd play that.
>>
>>45066386
>Season 1 of RWBY was practically bootleg produced, written and animated by 3 people.

But that's wrong. Just go to S1E1 and look at the credits; 5 listed as model and enviroment artists, 2 lead animators, 4 regular animators, separate technical director and assistant, two editors... Even counting people who pulled double duty, you've got at least 10 people involved in the animation work, not to mention the music and the writing. The staff has grown over the years, but it's not bootleg; it seems like all the regular animators who work at RT did RWBY.
>>
>>45050879
I do, there's too much shitty dialogue in anime. I normally hate the standard anime VA's, I'd much rather hear something that is in English than the fucking weeb shit moon runes of fuck that grates on my ears.
The animation isn't the best, but there is something I like about it overall.
While anime is fucking retarded, I'll still watch it.

TL:DR I totally agree with you.
>>
>>45051999
>Weiss best girl
It's like you want a fucking prude.
>>45052161
>delicious brown
I see that your taste is shitty you nigger.
>>
>>45067296
Constanze best little witch.
>>
>>45064676
True, but season 3 also gave us Hibiki suplexing a crashing space shuttle, so it evens out.
Swan Songs use a "Dead Box" mechanic (see Tenra Bansho Zero). Instead of dice rolls, combat is resolved with a karaoke machine. Set out a jar of sake, and allow players to gain bonuses if they drink a shot - this both encourages bizarre plot twists, and increases combat difficulty.
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.