[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog Days Quest Episode 90
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: DOG.DAYS.OP.2._2jpg.jpg (1 MB, 1120x1468) Image search: [Google]
DOG.DAYS.OP.2._2jpg.jpg
1 MB, 1120x1468
Cats.
You became a pirate to rescue cats.

Yes, that has to be the reason. There is no other reason that you would care for more than a few seconds about this petty and stupid political drivel you've been dragged into by proxy.
It's funny, you would rather be fighting the dragon again. At least fighting the dragon seemed straightforward, and was over in an afternoon! This? You're likely going to blow through your stash of alcohol before this is all over.

You are Jack Albator, mighty explorer, keen investigator, and it seems like you're the only one in the whole world who can calm down for more than a few seconds to investigate anything. Yesterday was harsh on you. You chased a dragon, somehow, away from a nearby country: Gallete. There, you found more atrocities which reminded you why you never went to Gallete.
In hindsight, you should have let the scaly bastard have the damn place for all the good Catland has done for you recently.

Last night, apparently a lot of things happened in Biscotti without your knowledge. There was a break-in, an attempted kidnapping, and none of these were targeted toward any of the people you were expecting to be in danger.
There is one linking factor between these incidents: Cats were involved.

"Jack!" The green-haired girl yells from behind you. "Slow down!"
"No!" You yell back toward her. "Ye slow down, Aye'm running at a brisk pace!"

You figured running all the way to the castle would be faster than trying to saddle some livestock to carry you. Surprisingly, Felice has been able to keep up with you the whole way so far! Impressive considering how much stronger you should be.

"I'm just saying, stop rushing! Calm down!"
"Aye'm not rushin'!"

"Jack," Felice struggles between breaths, "I know you're mad, but if you show up as you are right now, you'll just start punching people and causing trouble! Just chill!"

>"No, I want to be angry."
>"Yar, fine."
>Run off and leave her.
>Stop and calm down.
>Other?
>>
>>45036050
>[Angry Pirate consent noises]

Sup boss?
>>
>>45036050
>[Angry pirate noises demanding refills on alcohol]
>>
Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/jCGAA6J2
Archive:http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=dog%20days%20quest
Twitter:https://twitter.com/Announcer_QM
>>
>>45036050
>Run off and leave her.
>>
>>45036050
>[Angry Pirate consent noises]
>"Yar, fine."
>>
>>45036114
>>[Angry Pirate consent noises]
"Maybe punching people will do them a bit o' good. Put some damn sense inta thier heads"
>>
>Angry Pirate Consent noises
>Yar, fine

Writing!
>>
>>45036114
Pretty good, sorry I started so late.
>>
I'm in time?
Oh thank goodness.
>>
File: Felice.467085.jpg (443 KB, 1344x1680) Image search: [Google]
Felice.467085.jpg
443 KB, 1344x1680
"GRGGRHGH-"

You feel some mumblings escape your throat. Some of which are words, others aren't so much words as they are visceral concepts of intent. What is important is that every single one of those sounds are vulgur.

Extremely, extremely vulgur. In languages, sounds, and concepts which you are not even sure are native to this land.

"..Yar, Fine."

You slowly slide to a halt just as Felice loses the last of her breath. She comes to a stop right next to you before doubling over and panting. She coughs several times, and slowly starts to walk with the weariness of a traveler who has been lost in the mountains for days.

"S-So.. I- Ah." She studders. You use this moment to take a drink from your freshly filled flask of alcoholic endeavor. "So, Jack. What were you going to do when you got there? Do you know where she could be hiding?"
"Not a clue, Don't know Charlotte that well."

"Well- Just wondering if you had a place you were in a hurry to check. I could-"
"No, I just want to punch cats to death, and now seemed like a good of a reason as any."

Felice's long, lanky tail seems to sag at that statement.

"Aye, dun worry, yer way at the bottom of that list." You say to her, with a wink.

>Cont.
>>
File: felice_smug.jpg (463 KB, 1000x784) Image search: [Google]
felice_smug.jpg
463 KB, 1000x784
She gives you a look, before slowly smiling herself.
"Aw, I feel the same way, Jack. I really do. I don't like Gallete's leadership. It's strange because Gallete has such a simple political system and there are all these strange things happening."

Felice takes this moment to stretch her arms, you can tell she's regaining the wind in her chest.

"Simple or not, Lass. It's rotten. The last time I had to deal with it, yer leaders nearly killed their own hero because they were too stubborn to ask for help. After Madeleine fixed it, she didn't even get a 'thank you' or anything! Except from Gougere, that is." You kick a pinecone off the road. Thinking back to that incident makes you blood boil ever so slightly.

"She told me about that. You can rest easy, because I gave that guy who tried to keep her out of the castle a lump when I heard that story." She swings her fists.

>"Catland needs more like you, Lass."
>"Where would Charlotte hide normally? Is this like a thing for her when she's upset?"
>"Louise is with her, right?"
>"'Nough talk! Race ye to the castle!"
>"How're ye keepin' up with me?"
>Other?
>>
>>45037174
>>"Catland needs more like you, Lass."
>>"Where would Charlotte hide normally? Is this like a thing for her when she's upset?"
>>"Louise is with her, right?"
Who else thinks she was kidnapped?
>>
>>45037174
pet her and scratch behind her ears
>>
>>45037174
>"Where would Charlotte hide normally? Is this like a thing for her when she's upset?"
>>
>>45037174
>>"Where would Charlotte hide normally? Is this like a thing for her when she's upset?"
>>
Could we try ask Tuile where catland princess could be?
>>
>>45037174

an this>>45037253
always attack the ears
>>
>>45037174
>>
>>45037286
Agreed, no ears are safe. Unless they're on men.
>>
>Attack the ears

Writing!
>>
>>45037307
>Implying
>>
>>45037611
I'm with him, though - don't like going for dudes.
No thank you.
>>
File: 1410554422981.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1410554422981.gif
1 MB, 480x270
"Y'know Lass." You take a drink from your flask. "Catland needs more just like you."

You reach over and effortlessly find the back of her ear. She twitches under your grasp as you scratch just behind the fuzzy fold that adorns her scalp.

She shivers under your touch.
"T-thanks Jack." She's blushing. "That means a lot, coming from you."
"Heh.. really?"
"It does." she grabs your hand and holds it to her head. "I didn't think you liked anyone from Gallete, when I heard how they treated you. I'm glad to hear Gallete is still redeemable in your eyes."
"Aye don't hold a grudge easily."

That's a lie, but she'll believe it.

"So-" You withdraw your hand, but you can tell she would have liked it a bit longer. "Where would Charlotte hide, anyway? Is this a thing for 'er?"

"Nah." She goes about re-adjusting her hair.

"Ye think she could have been kidnapped?"

"No, definitely not kidnapping. The knights watched her room pretty much all night." She thinks back on it. "I think something spooked her this morning and she's found someone to bunk with."

"Did ye ask Tuile?"
"She said that she had no idea, but she also said she was going to boot out half of Gallete's generals until she got to the bottom of this. Personally if she had to."

Knowing Tuile, she wouldn't hesitate to do just that.

"Is Louise with her?"
"We think so, that's why she's probably hiding. Last night Louise and Charlotte were put in seperate rooms in case of another attack; and that seemed to upset her more than anything."

Yeah, you can't blame her.

The castle draws near in the distance. Just from looking at the outset; you can tell guard presence has been tripled, at best.

>Casually stroll in, not a care in the world. Observe how people react.
>Try entering without anyone seeing you.
>Ask around, see what the guards know.
>Storm past everyone, you're going to interview the people inside you know.
>Ask Felice who might know the most about it
>Other?
>>
>>45037971
>>Casually stroll in, not a care in the world. Observe how people react.
>>
>>45037971
>>
>>45037971
>>
>>45037971
>>
>>45037971
>Casually stroll in, not a care in the world. Observe how people react.
>>

Writing!
>>
File: Maidism.full.8340.jpg (523 KB, 1113x1600) Image search: [Google]
Maidism.full.8340.jpg
523 KB, 1113x1600
You turn your head high, and instruct Felice to do the same.

That cooling-off period with Felice was good for your mind. You're not going to act suspicious, or even like you're going to kill someone. That would just make the assailants flee so they can try again another day!

Instead, you're going to act perfectly natural like you don't have a clue in the world as to what is going on.

You nod to the extra helping of gate guards. One of them jumps at your presence, until you notice that he has little pointed cat ears.
Your reputation precedes you, it seems.

Inside, the maids are running amok. The Gallete generals seem to be having a huge commotion in the hallway as each one barks orders to their underlings. High-ranking Biscotti generals whose names you forgot seem to pepper all around them. All of them speak in hushed whispers and with extreme formalities.

All the more reason you hate them. Someone who can't have fun in war is no one you want on your ship.

You instead walk by them and examine another source of contention: Catland maids and butlers.

Many of the generals decided to bring their personal assortment of maids over as well. That's a pretty big security hole by your standard. Most of them would probably do anything for a lump of change.
Which.. may be why they brought some of them along. You'd rather not dwell on that idea and instead focus on their rank and file.

>Cont.
>>
File: Gougere.jpg (153 KB, 850x1236) Image search: [Google]
Gougere.jpg
153 KB, 850x1236
You don't see anything out of the ordinary among them. Some of them seem extremely nervous, and you can tell at least a few have been given an ear-full to the point of them crying. Nonetheless, you don't see any who would be physically fit enough to double as assassins.
Huh, that's strange, you could have swore you just saw a Butler round a corner carrying a platter of food. You don't remember seeing a butler during the last week or so of Catland occupation.

You'll ask about that one later.

Instead, you focus your attention on another point of contention: Gougere.
Yuuki was apparently interrogating her last night. It would make sense she would feel her cover is blown and try to make a rash decision, if she felt she was under scrutiny.

You walk past a couple of guards who quickly step out of your way. You see Gougere sitting in the back of the library.
Instead of scared or suspicious, she seems.. worried? She's talking with Alicot, the head maid. You can tell she probably hasn't slept in a while.

>Approach her and start accusing things!
>No, treat her with respect.
>Casually approach and ask where she thinks Charlotte is.
>Don't even mention if Charlotte is hiding. See her response.
>Other?
>>
>>45038766
>>Don't even mention if Charlotte is hiding. See her response.
>>
>>45038766
>>
>>45038766
>No, treat her with respect.
>>
>>45038766
>>
>>45038766
>>

Writing!
>>
So what's the plan for talking with Charlotte anyway?
>>
Man I'm relieved Jack is at least nice to ONE catlander.
>>
>>45039581
Well, at least 2 now, right? Gougere and Felice.

And they both liked our rubbings/petting. That's a huge plus in my book.
>>
>>45039614
Aunt and Niece they are. Runs in the family, ear rubbing/pettings do.
>>
File: Gougere_3.jpg (106 KB, 400x549) Image search: [Google]
Gougere_3.jpg
106 KB, 400x549
You resolve to not even mention that Charlotte is stowing away somewhere in the castle. You feel that's not important information for right now, and her reaction to your knowledge of it will speak louder than whatever excuse she could come up with.

You don't like thinking the worst of people, but you feel as if you have little recourse in a time like this.

"Aye." You approach, causing her to jump. "What's up here, eh?"
"Jack!" Alicot exclaims, "Oh thank goodness you're-"
"JACK THANK YOU-" Gougere slams her head onto the table, "Please fix this, PLEASE. I THINK THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!"

"Woh, hold it Lass." You take your hand away. "Why is it yer fault?"

"Yuuki and I were.. talking last night in the library about secret Gallete stuff and- I'm worried someone saw us!"

Why is she dancing around this black-haired girl thing? Does she think you don't know?
"Lass, calm down. I'm gonna find Charlotte. Do ye know anywhere she might be hidin'?"
"I don't, but- Axel said he might know, I was gonna go to his room but-"

"Stay here." You immediately turn away from her.
Axel, you know him. Big guy, pretty big jerk too. You wonder if he's still mad at you for stripping him completely during Gallete and Biscotti's last pretend-war.

If him and Gougere are in on a plot. You'd rather show up and surprise him.

You storm up to his room, passing by what can only be described as a hallway made entirely of melting ice.
Melting ice on the ceiling, on the floor, in the brickwork, there's a massive chunk of it still clinging to a doorframe.
This must have been where it happened. Yuuki is terrifying when she's angry.

You stop in front of a door in a hallway that is almost hidden. It's a rarely used suite for visitors to get some quiet time.
You knock on his door, and a voice from behind worriedly asks to know who it is.

>"Free food."
>(Fake female voice) "It's Gougere!"
>"Jack, open up before I open you up."
>Knock again.
>Angry pirate noises
>Other?
>>
>>45039673
>Axel, you know him. Big guy, pretty big jerk too. You wonder if he's still mad at you for stripping him completely during Gallete and Biscotti's last pretend-war.
Didn't he help us get Louise into using a giant weapon?
>>
>>45039673
>>(Fake female voice) "It's Gougere!"

i just cant not pick this
>>
>>45039673
>"Jack, open up before I open you up."
>>
>>45039673
>>"Free food."
>>
>>45039673
>Jack. Gonna open up or will I have to apply violence to the door?
>>
>>45039705
Yes. He also thanked us for our help back when she was sick and then her training.
>>
>>45039829
Isn't he Tsun knights brother as well?
>>
>>45039853
No, that was Antonin, the guy that tried to stop us initially from bringing Madeline into the castle case the whole mushroom tail = evil spirit bullshit people around this world believe.
>>
>>45039673
>Kick the door open

Just gotta get some of the rage out ya know?
>>
>>45039975
Ah right.
>>
>Open up or I'm applying violence to this door
>Apply violence to the door if he's not fast enough

Writing!
>>
Rolled 61, 26 = 87 (2d100)

Pardon me.
>>
File: Axel.jpg (263 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
Axel.jpg
263 KB, 900x1273
"Aye it's Jack, are ye gonna open up or will I have to apply violence to this door?"

"Jack? Shit- wait." You hear from behind the door.
"Time for waiting is over, Ye got three seconds. Three."

You place your foot in optimal kicking position.

"Wait! Don't kick the door! Someone will see you!"
"Two."

The door creeps open, with a crack. Axel peeks out from the darkened interior.
"Come inside, quick." He ushers you in, just as you're ready to blast the wooden barrier off its hinges. "Did anyone see you?"

"Of course not." You cross your arms.
"You're alone?"
"Does it look like Aye'm hiding someone? Felice is out in the Library, watching Gougere."

He breathes a sigh, and then locks the door behind you.

"Woh Lad, aye can bust my way out just as easy."
"Hey." He lights a lamp, "Calm down. It's safe, girls."

>Cont.
>>
In the lamplight, you can see a lump moving beneath the sheets of the only bed in the room.

Slowly, a mat of white hair draped over a head of short blonde hair peeks out from below the covers.
"(Jack?)" Charlotte seems surprised.
"Jack!" Louise exclaims as she nearly jumps out of bed, but Charlotte cups a hand over her mouth with a 'shh'.

This is strange, and either makes Axel a hero in your eyes or the worst monster ever.
You turn slowly to him as he finishes securing the door.

"Thank god you're here. I had no idea what to do. Yuuki left last night, I don't know that Dorje kid very well, Kayda's maid is the most suspicious one here, and no one can find Cody." Axel leans against the door. "I haven't slept all night."

"Care to explain what is goin' on?" You cross your arms. He's not off the hook just yet.

"Last night, Someone tried to kidnap Louise.-"
"Aye, I know."

"No, no." Axel slumps to the ground. "It happened again, a second time, without the knights knowing. Someone tried to get Louise to leave with them, and Charlotte was separated under her own guard."
"But I stayed right here! And he got all angry and mad!" Louise proudly proclaims, before Charlotte cups her hand over her mouth again.

"Listen, there's something really weird going on. I need you to do me a favor." Axel looks into your eyes. "Can you hide Louise and Charlotte somewhere?"
"Like where, Aye don't even know what ye think is after em."

"Like.. A ship or something! You're a sailor, right? Just take them out to sea for a few months."

You'd love nothing more than to do that, but he seems to forget that Biscotti is landlocked.

>Thread End.
>>
Thanks for the thread everyone, sorry it was so short.

A part of me wants to run an extra thread this week to make up for misses in previous weeks. Let's see if I have time as the week goes on.

Until next time, take care everyone!
>>
>>45040776
Thanks for running!
>>
>>45040776
Thanks for running, all these girls at the shrine, christ alive.
>>
>>45040776
thanks for running
>>
>>45040776
Thanks for running Announcer.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.