[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what are some /tg/-approved vidya, animu, movies etc? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13
So what are some /tg/-approved vidya, animu, movies etc?

I know of Mount&Blade and Berserk, and I suppose pic related (Dark Souls franchise). Am I missing anything?
>>
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 1487x888) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 1487x888
Wakfu
>>
>>45026766
Darkest Dungeon
>>
>>45026766
Bloodborne.
>>
>>45026766
Game wise, Morrowind is one of my personal favorites. Any old RPG games like Neverwinter Nights, etc.
Animu wise, there's a list somewhere, I don't have it, but I know Slayers is on it.
>>
Basically every game that has /tg/ as a basis, so wargames, baldur's gate/icewind dale/planescape: torment, fallout, shadowrun...the list goes on
>>
>inb4 furrytale
>>
>>45026807
Seconding this
>>
>>45026766
Darkest Dungeon
Underrail
M&B
Hotline Miami
X-COMs.
Chapter Master

Actually, a long list of things. Too long to count.
>>
>>45026832
>based on these arbitrary things, my taste in indieshit is better than your taste in indieshit!
got me to reply/10.

also
>Hotline Miami
>beautiful pixel art
Pinnacle of hah
>>
>>45026832
Kekkusmaxximus.jkek
>>
Crusader Kings and Crusader Kings mods.
>>
>>45026885
> Actually, a long list of things. Too long to count.

This.

What you fail to understand, OP, is that everything is /tg/ related as long as we SAY it is. It takes only one anon to start a thread saying "Hey, I played [GAME] earlier, and I want to run a campaign in that setting for my friends. What system should I use? How would you do it?" and BOOM that game is /tg/ for the day.

Because /tg/ includes RPGs, there is no setting that is beyond our clutches.
>>
>>45027107
What are some good CK2 mods?

I tried playing the GoT one but that just exposed what shit geography that series has.
>>
At least check 1d4chan first.
>>
File: brotherhoodofthewolf.jpg (20 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
brotherhoodofthewolf.jpg
20 KB, 400x395
I'd highly recommend this film.
>>
>>45028657
What was the lion for again?
>>
File: Merlin.jpg (28 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Merlin.jpg
28 KB, 460x276
>>45026766
Excalibur
>>
>>45029776
To convince everyone that, by indulging philosophers, atheists, new thinkers and other enemies of the church, the king had brought the devil's wrath on France, and that only by turning back to Christ could they be saved.
>>
>>45026766
Just off the top of my head...

>Movies
Ridley Scott's "Legend". Be sure its the directors cut.
Solomon Kane
The Hallmark version of Merlin with Sam Niel
The Bros Grimm
A Knights Tale
Kingdom of Heaven (again, Directors cut)
The Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising
The Advocate AKA The Hour of the Pig
Masters of the Universe
>TV
Salem
Galavant
Rome
The Borgias (not Borgia, which sucks)
Jim Henson's: The Story teller

Don't hate me for these two... They are ridiculous and more for vague larp and dugeon ideas: Legends of the hidden Temple and The Quest

Anime:
Escaflowne (the show, not the movie)
Record of Lodoss War
Princess Mononoke

>>45028657
>>45029776
>>45030234
>Kung-fu Gypsies vs. Shaolin Cherokee.... Also, the The Beast of GĂ©vaudan, I guess...
Watch it with friends. Watch it drunk. Watch it with the shitty English dubs (its hammy as fuck in French too). One of my favorite guilty pleasure movies.
>>
>>45026766
Legend of Grimrock 1 and 2 are First Person Action AD&D Dungeon Crawler: The Game.

They even have a "draw your own map on grid paper you filthy casual" mode.
>>
>>45026794
>bulge
>>
File: ctf.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ctf.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
>>45032356
puffy vulva
>>
Dragon's Dogma is pretty good
>>
>>45026885
Why HLM, out of curiosity?
>>
>Heavy Metal: The Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MzWF8YLhY
>Ralph Bakshi's Wizards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ptj7VoaWOs
>Korgoth of Barbaria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxMiZxN-F0
>Fire and Ice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7CdntAVRE4
>Turok: Son of Stone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R0_BLaTW64

Just a few off the top of my head.
>>
>>45032446
One thing to keep in mind though, American and Canadian animation has a long history of getting fucked by their studios with regard to funding.

So several of these movies may seem rather cheap at times. But it was a necessity for what little they had.
>>
Games:
Planescape: Torment is great and, you know, 2e D&D.

La-Mulana, for trap-and-loot-filled ruins of fun
Pandora's Tower, for building character, emotion, and an intricate plot with for the most part limited dialogue/answers.
Dwarf Fortress, because it is a great game.

Films:
How have the old Conan movies not been mentioned yet? The first one is actually kinda good despite the austrian accent of the lead, and the second just IS a D&D game in movie form

Other than that, I'll take the cheesy stuff: Legend, Krull, the Beastmaster, and Ladyhawke come to mind.

The Dark Crystal is also pretty cool

>>45030361
>Princess Mononoke

Basically anything Miyazaki is worth watching, but this and Nausicaa are probably the best for the /tg/ fan
>>
>>45026935
Compared to Undertale it is.
>>
File: Brethen.png (203 KB, 688x459) Image search: [Google]
Brethen.png
203 KB, 688x459
>>45026766
>>
>>45027232
But he didn't say /tg/ related, he said /tg/ approved.
>>
>>45026766
If you happen to be a Nintendo type, keping aside the most obvious stuff I'd say the Etrian Odyssey saga and Fire Emblem qualify. Also Bayonetta is practically Exalted, especially the second game. If you feel like going back to obscure DS games, Radiant Historia and Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume would be nice additions.
>>
>>45036123
/tg/ will never be able to agree on anything, as it is to be expected since tastes actually exist. Therefor trying to isolate vydia ALL of /tg/ approves becomes useless. A much better thing is to give advice on what games /tg/ people could enjoy in your opinion, especially if they are not well known and most of us didn't play them.
>>
>>45035436
I like these two. They show that not all nobles in Berserk are dicks, and that there's some actually chivalrous people about.

Shame that they've been duped by Griffith and are probably going to come into conflict with Guts.
>>
>>45027251
Get the elder scrolls one, max put your magic stat, attain immortality, conquer Tamil with a legion of daedra.
>>
All the Dawn of War game. (The DOW 2 games don't exist and you can't convince me otherwise.)
>>
Dark Souls is the biggest meme game in history
>>
File: fc8[1].png (455 KB, 680x681) Image search: [Google]
fc8[1].png
455 KB, 680x681
>>45040160
>>
Gravity Falls is a pretty kid-friendly rendition of what a good World of Darkness or Call of Cthulhu campaign would be (including literal Cthulhu featuring as a background character in the last couple of episodes)

I'd also recommend Psycho-Pass for its interesting take on alignment; it's basically an anime version of Minority Report where a surveillance state monitors the citizenry's mental states to weed out "criminal minds" before they can commit offenses. So everyone has a numerical value assigned to them, which impacts the way society sees them and the opportunities available to them but also reflects their values, likely actions and responses. Then there's the total sociopath character capable of committing murder without giving a fuck, thereby making him totally invisible to the system which hinges on the strong emotional responses normal humans have to violence
>>
>>45040217
It is a meme though.
>>
>>45032412
Tactical Thinking and fast reactions, I assume
>>
File: TLoLL.jpg (126 KB, 250x384) Image search: [Google]
TLoLL.jpg
126 KB, 250x384
my GOAT fantasy novel.
>>
>>45040751
FUCK YES. One of my favorite series.

Reminds me, the new Thief video game is definitely on the list.
>>
>>45026766
Hyperdimension Neptunia
>>
>vidya
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri seems to be a perennial /tg/ favorite.
Dwarf Fortress, too.
Any of the 40k vidya, including Chapter Master
Space Station 13
Touhou Project series, because flying laser youkai in silly hats waifus
/tg/ seems to like Mass Effect, but that might just be because alien chicks...

>animu
Vinland Saga
One Punch Man may be a meme animu, but /tg/ did seem to love it before it went mainstream.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is very /tg/ approved despite being a meme animu.
Any animu or mango in an RPG-like setting (Danmachi etc.)
Not sure how /tg/-approved Madoka Magica is nowadays but it's a great inspiration nonetheless.

>movies
Any classic fantasy or sci-fi flick is worth watching.
The Dark Night Rises
>>
>>45026766
Event Horizon, especially if you're into WH40K
>>
What about music guys?

What's /tg/ approved musically?

Please say Manowar
>>
>>45042316
BOMBUS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Ejx9WPvec

KVELERTAK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7sIqyoRFiU
>>
>>45042316
IT
DEPENDS
ON
THE
S E T T I N G
E
T
T
I
N
G
>>
>>45042316

I'd recommend the music of Owen Pallet, who sometimes goes by Final Fantasy. He has an album called He Poos Clouds, which has 10 songs, 8 of which are based around one of the different schools of D&D magic. "This Lamb Sells Condos" is about Conjuration, "Many Lives -> 49 MP" is based on Divination etc. The other two are a) a conversation with a demon telling him he's an asshole and b) a love song to an RPG character.

So, yeah, it's pretty good.
>>
File: gods.png (123 KB, 403x376) Image search: [Google]
gods.png
123 KB, 403x376
>>45032667
>basically anything Miyazaki is worth watching
>>
>>45032370

The best.

>>45026766

Surprised no one mentioned Divinity: Dragon Commander. You become emperor, choose your own waifu, deal with politics, and turn into a dragon with a jetpack to lead your armies into battle-odds are, the average fa/tg/uy approves of at least two of those.
>>
File: Eating those words too.png (108 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
Eating those words too.png
108 KB, 590x590
Dungeon Meshi
>>
>>45026766
Dragons Dogma was breddy gud
>>
Read this https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Video_games
>>
File: 1350774258914.jpg (114 KB, 1267x713) Image search: [Google]
1350774258914.jpg
114 KB, 1267x713
>>45032370
>>45026794
Plenty of elves in Wakfu.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.