[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/WMH/ - WarmaHordes General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: grissel2.jpg (615 KB, 795x1014) Image search: [Google]
grissel2.jpg
615 KB, 795x1014
I feel blue edition

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>textuploader <dot> com / 5f980
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
>https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
>https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
>http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
>http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
>http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
>http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issu
Your Dudes
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged:http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
File: troll1.png (314 KB, 639x366) Image search: [Google]
troll1.png
314 KB, 639x366
First Question: Why are Trollkin so cute?

Better Question: A shop near me if have a sale on it's on Trollbloods stuff. What would better to get? The new Kriel Warriors box set (Comes with 10 warriors, plus 2 of those pillar throwing guys) or a box 3 Long Riders (I already have one from a blister pack, so I would need one more to make a full set.)
>>
>>45024513
Well it's up to you what you would use more. The kriel warriors are good, but with the warder nerf the long riders may see more play as the hard hitting unit.
>>
File: 1447024851608.jpg (115 KB, 536x795) Image search: [Google]
1447024851608.jpg
115 KB, 536x795
>>
>>45024513
I'd go with Kriel Warriors. They're awesome. And there are 3 caber throwers in the box.
>>
>>45024513
>>45025013
Oh, although I'd buy UA as well since immune to knockdown makes them great tarpit unit.
>>
Just got my Imperatus today. I love this model. Cannot wait to get him on the table with Thyron.
>>
>>45025101
yes/10

do you have the fane knight, and sentinels too?
>>
File: doom3.jpg (806 KB, 795x1014) Image search: [Google]
doom3.jpg
806 KB, 795x1014
What would Doomshaper do?
>>
>>45025481
He would take Rök, Mulg, krielstone + ua at 20pts for stomping newcomers.
>>
>>45026146
Rök resculpt incoming in March.
>>
Saving ded thred
>>
So, new player here. I like defense armies - they're sorta my thing, in every game I play. Armies that are a frustration to kill, ala Mei Feng's crew in Malifaux or Necrons in 40k. My friends suggested Convergence for me, specifically Lucant, so this is what I'm looking into buying - is this smart for doing what I want to do?

Lucant: +6
Corrolary: 3
Cipher: 9
Inverter: 8
Optifex Directive: 2
10 Obstructors: 6
6 Reciprocators: 9
Enigma Foundry: 3

Should I go in on this, or should I go for a different army for what I'm looking to do?
>>
>>45028259
Honestly, If you've played Necrons I'd avoid Convergence. Yes they're similar, and yes they're probably a team that fits what you're asking for but also you're basically just playing the Warmahordes version of Necrons.

There's other defensive armies, that are more fleshed out.
>>
>>45028259
You definitely have the right caster for what you are trying to do. Your list also sounds good. To focus more on the retaliatory aspect you could replace the Cipher+Inverter (and 1 more point from somewhere) with a Prime Axiom. There are few models that can kill it in a single turn and when they try, you repair it, turn it's armor up to 24 and smash whatever they sent in.

Your list is however very viable regardless.

>>45028287
But 40k and Warmachine are entirely different games. That alone should make for enough of a difference.
>>
>>45026202

Ghetorix resculpt please
>>
>>45028368
b13th reculpt.
plastic vanguard kit
the list goes on
>>
>>45028368
Eventually all up-kit beasts and jacks will get resculpts.
>>
Reposting this list for more critique and some advice for bringing it up to 50.

pSeverius
--Hierophant
--Blessing
--x2 Reckoners
Min Choir
Max Errants + UA
x2 Vassals of Menoth

Might add a judicator and go from there. Thoughs?
>>
>>45028348
>you could replace the Cipher+Inverter (and 1 more point from somewhere) with a Prime Axiom
Wouldn't it be better to have more models, because of Shield Guard? Also, the Cipher allows me to throw out Flare, which seems sort of important?
>>45028287
I completely don't mind Necrons 2: Electric Boogaloo. That said, who would you suggest for 'other defensive armies'? Also, how would I flesh the one I have there out to 50, if I was going to?
>>
>>45028422
>Wouldn't it be better to have more models, because of Shield Guard? Also, the Cipher allows me to throw out Flare, which seems sort of important?
It's a trade-off. Both options are viable. You lose a Shield Guard, the Flare and your Watcher moves, but gain threat range, durability and servitor utility.

>>45028422
>other defensive armies
Trolls.
>>
>>45028454
>Trolls.
Ugh, no. Don't like how they look at all.
> You lose a Shield Guard, the Flare and your Watcher moves, but gain threat range, durability and servitor utility.I'll think about it. For now, since I'm just getting in, I'm thinking having more models is a bigger deal because it allows for more mistakes.
>>
>>45028467
Yeah, go for it. You can always supplement and switch out stuff later anyways.
>>
Should I go Khador or Mercs? none of that rhulic garbage
>>
>>45028712
You know which the Motherland requires of you Komrade, now go, do your duty to our glorious Empress.
>>
>>45028712
First army? Probably Khador. Merc are too restrictive with all those contracts. Rhulic jacks only with Rhulic casters. Cephalyx pretty much another mini-faction within a faction with most of the stuff unusable outside of it. And most of units and solos being FA:C.
>>
>>45028712
Oh, just make sure you're not choosing Khador because you like having the biggest, stompiest robots. A lot of people go for Khadaor because of the 'jacks and are disappointed to find out that they rarely run more than one in a list.
>>
>>45028395

Avatar at least has its own model. Ghetorix is this staple that on the table just looks like a goofy top heavy monopose dog. Sucks since his artwork is so good
>>
So the most recent Primecast ended with:

"Thunderhead is looking amazing with that resculpt"
"Wouldn't it be awesome if they did something for Khador, or Protectorate, or even Cryx?"
"We better shut up now before we get fired"

Anyone else care to join me in the front carriage of tHE HYPE TRAIN!?!
>>
>>45029075
At this point the announcements of new Avatar, Deathjack and Behemoth are just a formality.
>>
>>45029216
I finish painting my pSevvy, three months later they make a new pSevvy. I finish converting and painting my Avatar, then this happens.
>>
>>45029031
Whats the average number of jacks played by factions?
>>
>>45030470
1-2
>>
A new-ish player is coming from infinity and would like to try a city based map. I think it might be fun to try something different so I offered to play him in a 25 point game with 15+ pieces of terrain. I know the game isn't ballenced for this but I think it will be a fun experiment. anyone here have any similar stories?
>>
>>45028259
You're in the right faction and using the right caster. List looks fine at a glance, I would replace the obstructirs with a minimum unit of reductors, as they can hide behind the recips and spray through to kill whatever they're jammed with. I can talk a lot more about this later if you're around, strats and tactics and the like.
>>
>>45030470

Khador 1-2
Cygnar 1-3
Retribution 2-3
menoth, 2-4
Convergence 3-7
mercs 1-2

Hordes varies way more caster by caster
>>
>>45030571
Dense terrain maps are my favorite with WMH. It causes a lot of usually useless units to suddenly get fun to play with because of weird rules interactions, and the strategy of being able to be above or below things in a significant way totally changes how you move a lot of your faster models.

You'll just need to decide if Pathfinder works on buildings, which lets a lot of critters wind up just walking through everything. I'd recommend not.
>>
>>45030728

as a legion player who doesn't try to make people hate me, I'm going to say no pathfinder over buildings lol arcing fire counts building as models for the purpose of ignoring them. buildings cannot be entered but can be stood on and destroyed. I'm not sure what scenario I would use yet. maybe a capture the city square one?
>>
>>45030811
>no pathfinder over buildings
That's how it actually works.
>>
File: pic-38157-popup.jpg (200 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
pic-38157-popup.jpg
200 KB, 1200x675
When?
>>
>>45030863

I know lol that was in response to the other post. the only rule I think I'm house ruling is the arcing fire one
>>
>>45030579
Please do. I was considering the Obstructors just because they have shield wall and a slight armour buff - The idea was to overwhelm the opponent with high-armour options, and diluting that is questionable to me.
>>
>>45025363
Sadly no. My current Retribution collection is as so:

Garryth, Ravyn, Kaelyssa, Ossyan, Thyron, Rahn.
Hyperion, Imperatus, Hypnos, Vyre pinned, Shyeel pinned, Chimera.
Elara, Sylys, MHA, Magister, Arcanist, pEiryss, AFG.
Electromancers, Aiyana & Holt, MHI &3iryss, MHSF & UA, & Stormfalls.

I know I need to pick up some Halbs and an Arcanist. They are probably my next purchases. I also wanna grab a Voidtracer (love the model)
>>
>>45030648
>Hordes varies way more caster by caster
I'd say it's 3-5

Of course there are "special" lists like Calandra or Bradigus or eVyros or Mortenebra
>>
>>45031163

I know as a legion player I'm 1 to 16

3-5 is a good range for the other factions though
>>
>>45028406
>still no inflictor
>>
File: Choir.png (1 MB, 902x906) Image search: [Google]
Choir.png
1 MB, 902x906
Just finished building my converted minimum Choir. Lots cheaper than buying a new box of six. Opinions?
>>
>>45031295
Looks like a choir to me, whats the base model? flameguard?
>>
>>45030648

The Magnuses will do 3, even with galleon. Gotta get dem renegades
>>
>>45031361
Yes, metal TFG. My friend had a min unit of those that he couldn't get sold, so I bought them from him for like a dollar. Some plasticard and instamoldings later, tadaa.
>>
>>45031430
by bad I haven't seen many mercs across the table so I just guessed
>>
I personally don't care for Judicator with Sevvy. I find Eye of Menoth does more work with more models on the board. Avatar is great with Vision on him, Zealots are fantastic under Eye, and Aiyana and Holt help crank your Errant/Zealot damage a little further.
>>
>>45031539
Meant to reply to>>45028407
>>
>>45030892
When the other colossals come out and when people stop asking
>>
>>45029434
To be fair, the new Sevvy sculpt really isn't that different from the original. They just put his left arm down and turned his head, and there's no added details.
>>
>>45031601

the rules haven't been release yet. I bet it's gonna bet as a set with an electro caster or some electro infantry then they wont get another release for years.

this thing + syntherion modulator spam could be really fun
>>
>>45029434
The new model isn't anything special, though. I prefer the pose of the current one.
>>
>>45028259
If you like necrons consider cryx. (Crons were my 40k army ) they just have more flexible options
>>
>>45026202
Not deathjack resculpt/10
>>
>>45028259
Thematically Cryx are a bit closer to Necrons. They're also gunmetal and spooky green in colours. The only thing Convergence has in common with Necrons is that most of them are robots.
>>
>>45029434
Kinda glad I've not gotten to painting my Ret much yet. Hoping for a Hypnos resculpt. I want actual arcano-fists (not stupid covers)
>>
>>45031771
The Deathjack takes the back seat to the Behemoth and the Avatar. And the Thunderhead would've taken the backseat to the Deathjack.

Good going, PP.
>>
>>45031774
>>45031747
I honestly don't care that much about the thematics - to quote a friend of mine, I'm not playing the fluff. I'm mostly worried about the mechanics of being nearly unkillable, or at least a pain in the arse to take down.
>>
>>45030571
The game isnt really built with that much terrain in mind so it will probably be kind of frustrating desu
>>
>>45031771
There's literally nothing wrong with DJ's sculpt.
Assembly just requires some patience.
>>
>>45031726
I'd be happy with almost anything at this point. But a new caster would definitely give the most bang-for-buck so to speak. I mean it's been almost three years since the faction came out and we haven't had anything new.
>>
>>45030571

The issue with terrain in warmahordes is that its just a mechanism for slowing down non pathfinder models, granting cover or obscuring LOS. The issue is that there are entire factions based around ignoring this and then there are factions who are completely at the mercy of it.

It's not like Infinity where the terrain is an active part of the fun.
>>
>>45031842
This. I think DJ got the best sculpt of the original run of Character/Unique Jacks. Avatar was easily the worst. It was short, scrawny, and just used banners/tabards to make up for its lack of real size. Thing was meant to be a walking church and just looked like a well dressed anorexic crusader with WoW shoulderpads.
>>
>>45031814

since we are both going into it with the number of terrain involved, I expect it will just adjust the usefullnes of certain models. for instance, I don't plan on bringing a ravagore at all but a carnivean might not be overcosted anymore
>>
>>45029075

How about they follow it up with making thunderhead accumulate a point of focus for every electrical ranged hit it makes and make it not lose focus over time like the hydra.
>>
>>45031865

a caster that has that electro leap buff from the circle caster would be insane in addition to the conflux
>>
>>45031800
Then Convergence are closer than Cryx is most senses. They've got a lot of stuff that repair other models, and can put killed models back into play etc. Plus they can be durable as fuck, unlike Cryx who are closer to being a glass cannon faction with stupid-powerful Warcasters.
>>
>>45031842
Its all metal and his hands are stupid big. I bet he weighs more than Terminus.

>>45031800
I mean, convergance is just very limited as a faction, plus the modles SUCK to assemble/paint. If you want something tanky i guess skorne is a good bet, cryx can be hard to kill just because of stealth/incorp/tough/facetank casters, trolls can also be beefy but im not sure if Meat Mountian is in a good place, beast brick is still fine
>>
>>45031871
The Behemoth is pretty bad too, though not as.
The biggest, heaviest non-colossal warjack ever constructed should not be standing in a mid-stride pose. Especially not one where it looks he is slipping on a banana peel.
>>
>>45031971
Definitely. The behemoth's big problem is the pose.

If I played Khador I would have honestly picked up the extreme sculpt and converted a behemoth on that chassis. Then taken the Behemoth body and converted it into Karchev.
>>
>>45032020
Yeah, Extremoths look cool, other than they're a little Too big. When a model can't fit properly one the base anymore it's getting a bit too large. Oh wait, hi Titans.
>>
>>45032049
>Titans
Yeah I played Skorne for a bit. The bronzeback is silly. Also extremely front loaded.
>>
>>45032081
I really like the bronzeback
>>
>>45031295
Really nice! I'd love to see them painted too, will you post them when finished?
>>
>>45032732
I do as well, just hate how they made the whole model lean forward. Lean+tusks+heavy fists set forward=stupidly front heavy.
>>
>>45031971
>>45032020
Well at least the Behemoth isn't just squatting like he's about to take a big robot shit. I can't decide if I hate Avatar's pose or his dimensions more.
>>
>>45031917
I could dig it. Maybe do another forge master like the one who built the modulator. Could also be Orion since it looks like he's got some energy based weapon.

My friend had a neat idea for a caster unit, like the twins, that were built around magnetism.
>>
>>45030973
Ok, so now I can type and lay some stuff out.

First and foremost, I'm talking competitive here. It's how I play, it's how I build my lists, so keep that in mind when I'm saying certain things are good or bad.

So, Obstructors. First and foremost: Shield Wall can be a trap. It's a rule that can absolutely lose you the game if you don't know when to not use it, and having a huge portion of your list depend on it defensively makes an already slow caster even slower.

In addition to that, Obstructors don't make their money by being unkillable with Shield Wall. They make their money by being hard to kill with Shield Wall and having 6 of them brought back a turn with the Engimas.

Recips, on the other hand, make their money being unkillable. So your list has two units both doing the same thing, and you're losing offensive potential for it. You're also overstressing your Engima Foundries, because they want to cover both units, but can really only support one.

This is why Reductors are better for pairing with the Recips. They let the medium base unit take it to the face, and then they can kill whatever hit them, before the Recips activate and walk forward again.

So, Colossal vs heavies issue. You are correct in that you get an extra shield guard with the heavies, and some extra utility, but the Prime Axiom also provides utility(it can pop out the servitors to do various jobs, for example, such as flare bots), it has some immunities that regular heavies don't, and it gives Lucant's Positive Charge spell more bang for it's buck. Both lists are entirely valid, they just do different things. Which one I choose is heavily based on what I need Lucant to do and what I'm pairing him with.
>>
>>45034390
Ok, so let's talk some Bullshit. Lucant is already considered by some to be an absolute bullshit caster(I tourneys, my general goal with Lucant is to force them to lose by time, which pisses some people off), and Lucant has an amazing amount of defensive mechanics to fuck with an opponent. Some of them are pretty obvious(Shield Guard, Feat), but let's talk about Watcher.

So, Warmachine is rules as written, with very tight descriptions(most of the time). This means that spells do exactly what they say they do, and only that. So, Watcher let's you move a jack in your battlegroup, and then let you choose to make an attack. Fine and dandy, but the important thing is the wording on the ending of the spell. Notably, Watcher only ends when you make that attack. So if you move a model and don't attack, Watcher is still going.

Say your opponent charges your heavy with his heavy? Walk him out of range, and then do nothing. Sure, you still take the freestrike, but it does the same damage as the charge attack(and even less, at times) and then he's hanging out in the open, getting to do nothing, and Watcher is still going. So if he does it again? Walk away some more.

Now, say he send something in on your caster. At this point, you walk your Inverter up to his thing and punch with that knockdown penis analog. And now his big thing he wanted to do big things with is sitting there, on the ground, right in front of your hard hitting caster.

Watcher is an incredibly frustrating spell for your opponents if you know what you're doing, because you will simply refuse to let him make contact with your already hard to kill shit. It takes a lot of finesse and practice to do this, but if you can manage it right, certain armies are just going to pull their hair out.
>>
>>45031609
Well it is though. The helmet is different, the smoke stacks are updated and better, and the pose actually makes sense. If you spin the model around you can see the robe's sleeves actually make sense now. It's not a huge update, sure, but the techniques used are much better.
>>
>>45030906
Arcing fire only ignores models, it doesn't ignore terrain. If your LOS is blocked by terrain you cannot select it as a target.
>>
>>45035557

I am aware. that's why I said it might be a house rule. ya know to maybe help ballence things because we are playing the game how it's not meant to be played.
>>
>>45035605
Well, my point was that it might further imbalance things in the arcing fire's direction, placing a much greater value on the arcing fire model than would normally be. I think the normal rules for it would probably be fine.
>>
>>45035884

fair enough. I plan to tweak things after I play it a game or two
>>
Besides the Galleon, what is eMagnus' best tool for dealing with double clamjacks?
>>
>>45035519
You're right, I didn't look at the 360 before. I think both sculpts are still pretty good.
>>
>>45035960
renegades
>>
>>45028407
Back again with the 50. How does this look?

pSeverius
--Hierophant
--Blessing
--x2 Reckoners
Max Choir
Max Errants + UA
x2 Vassals of Menoth
Covenant
Wrack

Again I am pretty new to list building and wargaming in general. I have yet to try pSevvy, but I have the basic idea that I want to blast the shit out of everything.
>>
>>45037091
Change one of the heavies into a devout so you don't get shot to shit
>>
File: pSevvy50.jpg (5 MB, 4896x3672) Image search: [Google]
pSevvy50.jpg
5 MB, 4896x3672
>>45037091
Looks pretty decent, you just have to keep Sevvy covered since he is so squishy. You might want Rhupert as well to give your errants tough. I went in a little different direction with my pSevvy list, due to models available mostly.

pSeverius
--x2 Vanquishers
Max Choir
Max Errants + UA
x2 Vassals of Menoth
Covenant
Mechanik
Errant Seneschal
Gravus
Rhupert

The idea being that four 4" fire templates and the errants fully supported with the seneschal, gravus, rhupert and book can kill any amount of troops, while the Avatar and vanquishers for backup handle the heavies. It has worked out pretty well for me.
>>
>>45037775
I thought the blessing would be enough on defense, but I might try to work it in.
>>
>>45038200
Looking at your models makes me sad. How long have you been painting for?
>>
>>45038200
>>45038200

Are those your models? They look damn nice. How did you shorten the Vanquishers' chain weapons?
>>
File: 8v1wFlI.jpg (559 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
8v1wFlI.jpg
559 KB, 1440x1080
>>45038355
About twenty years or so, I started when I was really small. Got hooked on the plastic crack when I was about 10. Most of those models are painted to a high tabletop standard, I would say, I haven't broken into a lot of advanced techniques but I do alright. This guy is one of the ones I'm more proud of, even though the picture reveals a few spots I messed up on.
>>
File: z0mcUmT.jpg (579 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
z0mcUmT.jpg
579 KB, 1440x1080
>>45038504
That was really easy, I just clipped off the chain where I wanted it, clipped off the ball, and used a drill to hollow out the spot where the chain meets it so it would fit inside and look nice. Hot water was then used to reshape it how I wanted. This guy is the permanent vanquisher, the other is magnetized so I didn't do a whole lot for the pose.
>>
>>45028758
>>45028973
>>45028973
I've played for a bit, just need something fresh, and those are the least played at my lgs
>>
>>45037091
>>45038200
Sevvy is one of my favorite casters. Though in my list, he's pretty much a Eye of Menoth and focus battery. He supports his army really well though, but I find he's generally more effective against warmachine armies than hordes. For my hordes drop I was working on Durst, though I'm still not sure how to build his lists. I have been trying out his theme list at tier 4.

Anson Durst
-Templar
-Templar
-Sanctifier
-Vanquisher
Vilmon
Paladin
Paladin
Paladin
Vassal
Vassal
Temple Flameguard full
-Flameguard UA
Choir min
Choir min

It's worked pretty well, Durst and battlegroup except for the sanctifier to one side, the flameguard and sanctifier to another. Paladins get advance move, generally away from enemy magical weapons. I'll have to play it more to see if it pans out.
>>
Undecisive fag here, I've come to two conclusions:

If I go khador I go vlad3 and zerkova2

If I go mercs I go ashlynn and durgen
>>
>>45041385
I like both those. I am a big fan of the Damiano/Durgen combo though, Ashlynn really doesn't do anything against armor and Durgen is my assassination list.
>>
>>45041523
I like ashlynn because she puts people on tilt and crit fishing is funny, but damiano is really funny. The thing that might make or break the choice for me is that I'm not a huge fan of colossals
>>
>>45041718
Well Durgen turns up the Earthbreaker assassination to 11. It's not strictly necessary, but it's really really good. If you don't want to go for the assassination that turn it also has really good utility with the knockdown or rough terrain 4" aoes.
>>
>>45041919
Why can't I just go allahu akbar
>>
>>45041919
I heard Ossrum with Earthbreaker is good but kind of predictable. Is he a good caster to get into?
>>
File: Durgen.jpg (518 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Durgen.jpg
518 KB, 1440x1080
>>45041985
Ossrum is good with the earthbreaker because of snipe, but other than that is kinda boring. That's why I love Durgen so much. He has plenty of ranged game himself, and you never need to allocate more than one focus to the Earthbreaker. The feat is all about the blast damage, but too much takes a lot of time so it's generally limited to him and the earthbreaker. Primed is honestly his best spell, and it's really funny to watch your opponent try and deal with them. I generally cast it on fast troops, maybe steelheads, or my favorite is Kayazy Assassins. You just have to watch out for enemy ranged threats. I also take Alexia and the Risen, there is a slight skornergy with the primed spell rfp'ing the target, but you still get the corpses for whatever they kill and other troops. Then later game primed goes on the huge skeleton squad, and that's just hilarious.
>>
Hi I wanted the cyphalyx all in one box, I saw one on ebay. Is there any other reputable sites to get one? Or is there something better for a completely new player.
>>
>>45042272
All in one boxes were a limited release. If you find one you want, grab it. The cephalyx one is good, but keep in mind that they are just one contract to mercs and you might want to expand into other armies, that would require pretty much completely separate models since they do not share models between the puppet masters contract and others. Mercs can be pretty expensive.
>>
>>45042643
Do you have tl;dr for this because I've never played and I'm not sure what your saying.
>>
>>45042845

The cephalyx are one subfaction of a larger faction.

while most all in one boxes have a lot of good models for their faction, the cephalyx box only has good cephalyx models and no other models for the other subfactions in the faction. so you will have to buy a completely new army if you wanted to expand.

compare this to the other boxes where almost everything you get is useful across your entire faction and it seems like a nesbie trap.

the box is still a great deal though
>>
>>45042272
>>45042919
I've always been a fan of Cephalyx and was really tempted to buy into them as I already have a fairly large amount of Mercenaries but alas I've moved to mainly playing Retribution & Gators and want to focus my limited $ on those currently.

Someday I really wanna get some psychic slavers though. I love their fluff and aesthetics.
>>
>>45042919
I'm kind of a one and done kind of guy anyways but, when you are talking about expansion are you saying this army is difficult to get above 35 points?
>>
>>45043039
No, but the models you buy for cephalyx, with the exception of units you buy to dominate, will have no other use in the mercs faction.
>>
>>45043016

If you already have a bunch of mercs and can find an AiO, go for it!

>>45043039

no the thing about it is you will litterally only have one army. most tournaments require you to have 2 lists. and while it is possible to have 2 lists using only cephalyx, you wont be able to cover all of your bases as well as if you had say a dwarf army to go with them. and as I'm sure you can guess, that will be expensive.

If I buy the Legion of Everblight AiO, all i need to buy is a new caster and maybe a few more models. I don't need another 200 dollars worth of models to be competative.

if you aren't worried about money of being competative, get whatever army you want. cephalyx are cool
>>
File: ftfy.jpg (220 KB, 800x1055) Image search: [Google]
ftfy.jpg
220 KB, 800x1055
Just ordered my Winter Guard Death Star at my FLGS and it'll be here by Friday. hopefully

What kind of shenanigans can I anticipate out of this? I'm a bit new to Khador and Warmahordes in general.
>>
Ok thanks guys I think I'm going to take the dive
>>
>>45043175
Get Kovnik Joe, and a caster with Iron Flesh, and the UA if you haven't already, and laugh about getting a def 12 unit to def 17 with fearless and tough.
>>
>>45043564
Can't swap out my warcaster due to the rules of the Journeyman League at the moment. We have to use the caster that came in our main battle box (pSorcha). Would the Fog of War ability do as a "good enough"?

And yea, I've got the whole deal on the way, Kovnik Joe with Officer & Standard in addition to the Infantry and some Widowmakers
>>
>>45043643
It'll do okay vs shooting. It really gets hilarious when the other player can't melee them either, though. Just watch out for enemy blasts.
>>
>>45043564
Even better if that caster is eSorscha.

Her Desperate Pace counters the speed loss from Iron Flesh quite nicely.
>>
File: Charger.jpg (31 KB, 577x339) Image search: [Google]
Charger.jpg
31 KB, 577x339
Question:

so Right now I am Building a Cygnar army which currently only consists of

Siege Brisbane as my warcaster,
an Ironclad
a Charger
a Lancer
and a squad of Stormguard.

I plan to get a journeyman warcaster to either dole-out Arcane shield as needed or give focus to the charger, still working that out.

after that a squad of gun mages, plus colonel attachment and a hunter attachment to the colonel.

however what I'm wondering is after that what to go with....

I was thinking commandos, seems like Anatomical precision is a pretty neat way to get rid of single wound models with a lot of armor.

I don't know, what advice does the warmahordes players of /tg/ have?
>>
>>45044057
>plus colonel attachment
whoops Guess he's just called a "gun mage officer" my bad, hope that doesn't confuse anyone...
>>
>>45044057
Siege's feat lets you get rid of single wound models with a lot of armor, so there's little point in doing that.

You're better off looking for something that can hit decently hard, so as to make the best use of his feat. I'm trying to think of a relative newbie answer for this question, but I don't know Cyngar so well. I know everyone and their mother runs a Stormwall with him, but I don't want to suggest that to you right off the bat. Just not Commandos.

Also, when you're talking about a Unit Attachment, best thing to do is just call it a UA.

Just say Gun Mages + UA and everyone will know what you're talking about.
>>
>>45044116
>Just say Gun Mages + UA and everyone will know what you're talking about.
got it.

but back on the origional subject...
hmm, Long Gunners?
>>
>>45044116
>>45044152
>You're better off looking for something that can hit decently hard, so as to make the best use of his feat
the Hammersmith Has quite a wallop...

My only reluctance is that I've already got 4 jacks in this list and I'm concerned about it becoming too much of a focus strain.
>>
>>45044208
As far as jacks go, get a Stormclad. With the Stormguard, it gets a focus for free, which is nice.

Considering the Lancer: Does Siege have any spells he really wants Arced? Lancers are expensive, paying for that node, and if you don't have a major use for it, it's unlikely to be worth it.

I don't know if I'd say to immediately drop it(I assume you're working on BB, based on your stuff), but it's something to look at phasing out if that node isn't doing a lot of work for you.
>>
>>45044237
Stormclad only gets focus from Stormblades, sadly. Stormguard will not work.
>>
>>45044237
Once again, I only play the faction across the table, so I can't claim to be an expert, but I will tell you that like 90% of your faction infantry is generally considered pretty bad. Long Gunners are bad, Trenchers are bad, most of the Storm Units aren't totally bad, but require work to do what they want, and the other stuff is all situational.
>>
>>45044057
What about Cylena Raefyll and the Nyss Hunters, with Murdoch? Great unit, assault and go to ground make them better.
>>
File: wrongmotherland.png (259 KB, 520x433) Image search: [Google]
wrongmotherland.png
259 KB, 520x433
>>
Since we're on the topic of Cygnar...

Taking Nemo1 battlegroup to an upcoming journeyman league and no idea how to expand after the first 2 weeks.

Nemo1
-Defender
-Centurion

Once we start 15pts, I think I'll jump straight to

Nemo1
-Centurion
Journeyman Warcaster
-Defender

How's the generic journeyman warcaster compare to the named one? Anything I absolutely must have or must avoid in Cygnar? Can Nemo run 2 heavies on his own? I'd love to bring Dynamo or a Stormclad.

I cam into this game to make heavies and colossals punch each other. Outside of the journeyman league, is there anyone else in Cygnar I should be looking at for this?
>>
>>45044503
Generic journeyman is better for a Defender. Arcane Shield can be slapped on whatever and he has exactly 2 Focus left over after upkeeping to feed the Heavy Barrel.

Jakes (The character Journeyman) is not bad but I feel like she is best served by a Charger.
>>
File: throne.jpg (190 KB, 800x891) Image search: [Google]
throne.jpg
190 KB, 800x891
Hello /tg/,
I'm an Everblight newbie and I'm trying to build a list for my first game (not urgent, since it will be in more than a month).
I put togheter this thing, suggestions and criticism is very welcome.

35 pts; caster - Absylonia 2 (love her model and rules)
Scythean
Seraph
Angelius
Raek
Shredder
Strider Rangers
2x Sheperds

Also I have a stupid question: can I Teleport Absylonia after attacking? The rules seem to suggest so but I just want to be sure, since this possibility would be half the reason I'm bringing the Seraph (charge palatable infantry with Absylonia, kill, trigger Conferred Rage, pop back and slipstream further back seems temptingly sweet to me)

Another request: I'm desperately trying to figure out a nice painting scheme. I have some decent experience at painting having 'practiced' with Warhammer and Hell Dorado, so I'm not afraid of complex schemes. If you have any pictures of paint schemes for Legion you find interesting and you would like to share, I'd be really grateful. I was aiming to something similar to pic related for warbeasts' flesh and skin, but I'm not certain for the carapace/armor parts; I would love them to be darker but the only option that seems to work in my head is black, and I don't know how to make that interesting.

THanks in advance!
>>
>>45045142
Personally, I'd trade out the Strider Rangers for 2 Deathstalkers then either a Harrier or another Shredder.

>can I Teleport Absylonia after attacking
Yes, and like you noted, it's amazing for conferred rage. Only stipulation with Teleport is that your activation ends as soon as you move from it
>>
File: 5f94a.jpg (94 KB, 618x800) Image search: [Google]
5f94a.jpg
94 KB, 618x800
>>45045142
>love her model and rules
Good taste. Absylonia is probably my second favorite Legion 'lock. Vayle is my favorite cuz I'm a sucker for an ice queen character.
>>
>>45045398
Vayl, do you want to build a snowman?
>>
>>45045354
Thank you!
As for your suggestion, I'll consider it! Probably I'd go for another Shredder since I think they work particularly nicely with Absy's free charges, but I'd also like to keep one relatively safe for Tenacity (Absylonia, Angelius and Seraph all have enough DEF to make good use of it I think).

>>45045398
I like Vayl's model too, so she's on my to-buy list. Also she seems really interesting fluff-wise, for what little fluff I have read thus far.
>>
>>45045429
>>45045429
VAYL?
*Knock knock*
DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A DRAGONSPAWN
COME ON LET'S GO AND SLAY
WE NEVER BITCH UP ANYMORE
COME OUT THE DOOR
-ARCHANGEL'S NOT THAT BAD!-
WE USED TO FIGHT A LOT
AND NOW WE DON'T
I WISH YOU COULD TELL ME WHY!
DO YOU WANNA BUILD A DRAGONSPAWN?
IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE KALL-
[i]-Go away Saeryn!-[/i]
OK, BYE...
>>
>>45045517
>I'd go for another Shredder since I think they work particularly nicely with Absy's free charges
Keep in mind a Harrier under eAbby's feat is a terrifying assassination vector since it's animus lets it auto-hit.

It's animus also lets Abby auto-hit something if you really need conferred rage to go off.
>>
>>45044399
I don't think Murdoch is really necessary with Siege. He doesn't really care about in-faction and the stuff you want to charge with Nyss is usually not the stuff you want to shoot with Nyss.
>>
>>45045656
Well, now that I think of it ...
>Charge 11''
>P+S 12+2, charge boost, poison
>Free charge, one fury to autohit, one fury to buy attack

Sounds pretty scary for 2 pts
>>
>>45044057
This list could be nice and doesn't require too much new stuff:

Major Markus 'Siege' Brisbane (*5pts)
* Ironclad (7pts)
* Squire (2pts)
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer (2pts)
* * Charger (4pts)
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (Cylena and 9 Grunts) (10pts)
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt (4pts)
Journeyman Warcaster (3pts)
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator (1pts)
Stormsmith Stormcaller (1pts)

Everything in that list is either stuff you already have or really good purchases for a new Cygnar player.
>>
>>45045759
Stinger is the one with poison.

Harrier on feat turn is:
14" threat range on charge, POW 12, autohit, 1 more fury to buy another attack.

Also sprint if you're using it to deal with annoying supports or solos.
>>
>>45044057
Siege likes warjacks with strong shooting.
The only strong shooting warjacks in Cygnar are Dynamo (who wants more focus that Siege wants to give to a single heavy), and the Stormwall.

Get the Stormwall.

Yes, i'm telling you to rush out and buy a Colossal. Yes, this is good advice for Cygnar, and you'll thank me for it later because you'll need to do it anyway.
>>
>>45045779
Whoops, my mistake! Still scary though!
>>
>>45037091
Looks solid, give it a shot! It's kind of hard to go wrong with Sevvy lists, Eye tends to make things shine.

A few things to consider: Even with heirophant and wracks, 2 reckoners will demand more focus so you'll either fuel them or cast spells, but not both. Consider finding a way to squeeze Rhupert in to the list. Errants are your only unit so you may as well invest a little more support in them. You might also consider dropping one reckoner for a unit of Zealots+UA. It'll take some focus strain off, and under Eye you've got RAT 7 POW 15 bombs, which will dent most things (unless you roll like I do).
>>
>>45045793
Well the next errata should be about 6 months away, so make the best of the stormwall now while it's still broken good and invalidating all the other cygnar WJs
>>
>>45046218
I don't really see the SW getting nerfed. Not with the release of the equally good Hurricane.
>>
>>45045655
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLdlq-mvU2o
>>
>>45046218
Genuine question here, why does it invalidate them? I'm considering starting Cygnar and know very little of them yet.
>>
>>45047319
It doesn't invalidate them in every case, but in many. The Stormwall just does everything Cygnar wants from a Jack in one package. It shoots, it smashes, it's a great target for Arcane Shield.

Some casters, like Kraye, Sloan or Nemo1 and Nemo2 prefer other Jacks over a Colossal. Those castes are however not very popular outside of Stryker2 and Caine2.

The Stormwall is not the only good jack in Cygnar, but the one that is good with most Cygnar casters.
>>
>>45047382
Got it, thanks!
>>
>>45047382
Even Kraye loves him a Stormwall.
>>
>>45047435
Not that much though. He can't put it on a horse.
>>
>>45047382
>The Stormwall is not the only good jack in Cygnar
It's very, very close. The only heavies worth a single fuck outside of some sort of caster-specific gimmick list are the Stormclad, Dynamo, and MAYBE Ol' Rowdy. All the others are either inferior versions of them, or invalidated by the Stormwall.

Also, it should be noted that Stormwall doesn't JUST punch better than it's points in heavies, AND shoot better than it's points in heavies, it also lays down the covering fire of a Cyclone and poops out stormpods (which aside from killing solos, blocking charges, and being a fucking free scoring model, also make Stormsmiths better).
>>
>>45047490
The Centurion is also nice. It has the highest armor in the entire faction and that is a USP.

The Ironclad is good with Kraye.

The lights are also seriously underplayed. Maybe once the meta shifts away again from high-arm, I'll get the chance to bring more of them.

The Avenger with Stryker3 is the most retarded combo in the game.
>>
>>45047453
>Not that much though. He can't put it on a horse.
That's true, but also not very relevant. His entire spell list just begs for a single hyper-efficient switch hitter, and the Stormwall gives him that.

It's a trap to go all in on the "WOW WARJACKS ON HORSES SO KEWL" meme with Kraye, the Stormwall is just so good that it beats out equivalent points in other jacks, even if those jacks are on horses.
>>
>>45047453
He has Guided Fire, and a shooting Stormwall is like two Defenders and a Cyclone decided to form Voltron. Never mind the Pow20 e-leap fists and the Stormpod.
>>
>>45047506
Going to try out Stryker 3 tonight. With the avenger your just hoping to hit on the assault and wreck whatever is on the receiving end right?
>>
>>45047703
Think again about what will happen if you assault with the Avenger.
>>
>>45047739
Oh right that would be bad. I'm dumb.
>>
>>45047762
Nah it took me a second aswell. The anti-synergy is hilarious.
>>
>>45047784
So really if I want to take advantage of his field marshal I'm looking at stormclads and reliants.
>>
>>45047863
Definitely. The Defender might also be worth a look. And, well, there's always the Stormwall.
>>
>>45047739
...Will it hit and knock down itself in the AOE? Oh god that would truly be hilarious
>>
>>45047997
Yeah. It runs up then gets caught in it's own aoe.
>>
>>45048019
>HAHAHA IMMA ASSAULT THAT FUCKER
>YEAH TAKE SOME SEISMIC CANNON AND THEN FEEL MY...
>FUCK
>FUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>45044237
>Considering the Lancer: Does Siege have any spells he really wants Arced?
not really, for me he's 6 points for a shield that fucks-up cortexes, and a big-ass spear...

Even I admit it's a bit underwhelming for me and once I've built-up my forces to the point where I can run normal-sized matches I'll probably replace it with a Minuteman.

>>45044305
>most of the Storm Units aren't totally bad, but require work to do what they want
I'm not totally sure of that, My stormguard have been pretty good to me.
>>
>>45048840
>My stormguard have been pretty good to me
They can be really good if your opponent doesn't have a lot of shooting.
>>
>>45048840

Yeah stormblades haven't ever really done what I had hoped but my silver line do exactly what I bring them to do
>>
>>45048906
>stormblades
I wish they were RAT6. 5 is just kid of bad, especially with all the shooting options in Cygnar.
>>
>>45048919
Man, it sure would be great if Cygnar could do something to boost your ranged attacks or increase your rat. If only...
>>
>>45049548
Yeah, we indeed can. But I tried running them with Stryker1 and I just don't feel that RAT7 with Rangers was enough. I want to play them some more with pCaine, but that won't be this year probably.
>>
>>45049671
Caine1 is the way to go

If rat7 doesn't work for you try to avoid shooting Def15+ models. Storm blades should be going after heavy targets with lower defense and higher armor and boxes
>>
>>45049746
Yeah I got the chance to do that in one game. Got them nice and cozy on a hill and just had the gunners shoot away at heavies and troops alike. It's really great once you get it up and running.
>>
>>45049797
Generally Storm blades are not going to be a stand around shoot unit. They're a melee unit that happens to have guns.

If you're playing them with Stryker throw arcane shield on them and go punch things. Take their UA and they can assault too
>>
File: bsDiIl1qa3xsho.png (838 KB, 853x1024) Image search: [Google]
bsDiIl1qa3xsho.png
838 KB, 853x1024
>>45045655
Awesome
>>
>>45050710
This is not the first time I see these drawings .It's adorable.
>>
File: vbsDiIl1qa3xsh.png (298 KB, 850x578) Image search: [Google]
vbsDiIl1qa3xsh.png
298 KB, 850x578
>>45050933
Agreed. I love the chibi-ified warlocks and beasts. Been really tempted to pick up some of the chibi PP pins as well. That chibi Maelok calls to me.
>>
>>45050659
from what I'm reading, the stormguard may get you a bit more bang for your buck since, they have a few more free attacks (via electro-leap) but their ranked attacks mean they are not getting in the way of your ranged units, and their reach weapon means more stormguard can contribute to a CMA, and enemies have a harder time getting away.
>>
>>45050659
Never take the UA for stormblades, it costs more than half the unit.

The reason you take stormblades in Cygnar is specifically for positive charge with Stryker wombo'd with Ragman and a stormclad. Without those synergies, they're just 12 15 victims walking at Spd5.

The stormblade's only redeeming feature is their hitting power with faction buffs, otherwise take the Hammerdwarves mercs.
>>
>>45051399
I really hope that future errata fixes how thin the number of good Cygnar is. It seems that only actual Cygnar models in most Cygnar armies are the caster, the Squire, and the Stormwall, with the remaining points being character mercenary units.
>>
>>45051660
That's essentially it. Gunmages are an absolutely amazing and flexible unit that's taken in every list, but aside from that Cygnar's troop options are either specialized to 1 or 2 casters, or outshadowed by Mercs especially with the Murdoch attachment.
>>
>>45051660
>It seems that only actual Cygnar models in most Cygnar armies are the caster, the Squire, and the Stormwall
look that's because Cygnar is a combined Arms army, they take some getting used to, but while each individual unit seems rather meh, it's when you put them all together and they are each playing off the other's strengths that you get a whole army that's greater than the sum of it's parts.
>>
>>45051660
merc tax when?
>>
>>45052007
That's very true. Gun mages + rangers are two units that should basically be in every list, but Rangers + Trencher Master Gunners open up a bunch of otherwise really unpalatable options.

Cygnar has access to the most and best mercenaries of any faction in the entire game though, so it only makes sense that they'd have to be balanced for that even if as a personal choice someone wants to be a faction purist.

Besides, as mentioned before, nearly every unit in cygnar does have a place with a very specific caster or strategy. Trenchers smokewall for Haley3, double Longgunner pCaine, or Stormblades with Stryker2.
>>
>>45052172
They've been trying hard with increase in infaction spells and abilities, but it's been dubious
>>
>>45052221
Well, Murdoch exists, so it has a counterintuitive effect at best. Really the only buff that could be used as a type of "workaround" to this would be a non-upkeep faction only that's supposed to be on multiple units. Else, that one super-good upkeep will be on Nyss Hunters, Hammerdwarves, or Boomhowlers instead.
>>
>>45052273
Or something that specifies type, like "Storm Knight Unit". Too bad they can't do it for "Trencher Unit" anymore with Murdoch around.
>>
File: propainted.jpg (113 KB, 1023x336) Image search: [Google]
propainted.jpg
113 KB, 1023x336
>>45052172
I never see Nemo on these sorts of recommended setups. Is he really that bad? I really like the old bastard.
>>
>>45052837
more likely the problem was that he didn't fit well with their play style, there is nothing specifically wrong with him and if you can make him work for you, then all the power to ya.
>>
>>45052837
recommended setups?

The thing about pNemo is that he runs Warjacks, and screws warjacks. I think that he's an absolutely killer Protectorate drop because of this. Even if the choir has the chants to say "you can't use spells on my jacks", they're forced into a position where they must do this every turn or outright lose the game. This takes away a significant amount of their hitting power, against your list which is mostly armor.

I haven't played any Nemo3, and only a bit of eNemo before deciding that I liked pNemo better.

The biggest thing is that Nemo isn't Haley, and therefore it's difficult to find people who even experimented with him.
>>
Is this a good list for 25 points, building off the Khador starter?

pSorscha
-Destroyer
-Juggernaut
Widowmakers
5 Man-o-War Demo Corps

Alternatively:

pSorscha
-Destroyer
-Juggernaut
Widowmakers
3 Man-o-War Demo Corps
Eiryess (Either version, as they cost the same)
>>
File: Nemo 3.jpg (182 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Nemo 3.jpg
182 KB, 1280x960
>>45053036
Well, I'm still trying to learn the game, and I sorta jumped in with him in mind. Just finished him up too. Love the model.
>>
>>45053247
Sweet painting, glad to see another GW convert.
>>
>>45053306
I think I've painted for just about every game under the sun, honestly. Have a metric ton of Cygnar here to work through, gonna tackle a stormclad next, since I figure I'm gonna want at least one.
>>
>>45053222
Get the widowmakers and eiryss.

Man-o-wars consistently fall flat against anything of equal points value, and offer nothing to the gameplan that Sorscha wants to do. Other good alternatives are Rifle Corps, winter guard, and then anything with heavy guns.

Many mercs are spectacular with sorscha due to her ability to pop-n-drop assassinate with her feat. Croe's Cutthroats are normally overcosted, but when firing into a stationary target, poison guns are pretty good. Harlen Versh is another money printer with 4 purgation shots and being covered by Fog of War.
>>
>>45052837
Nemo1 is just plain bad outside of battlebox games, he's too squishy and too specifically geared against warjacks.

Nemo2 is ok, he runs a jackswarm pretty well, though it's gimmicky.

Nemo3 can run a mean as fuck lightning-based gunline.
>>
my FLGS is running this janky half baked map league. I swear the organizer is just making it up as he goes. Theres a table set up with villages, cities and a capital in the middle and eight players start with 3 warcasters leading banners across the map. Caster remains the same every week for the banner theyre assigned but you can change army composition week to week. You assault the towns and fight npc (run by organizer) militia (mercs or his convergence) at point costs associated at the town size. Villages are 15 point army without a caster. Capital was a 50 point convergence list. You can field one or all three of your lists if they all attack the same location.
>>
>>45053853
(Cont.)

So i start in the north with pThags, Kallus, and eVayl. I have kallus and thags assault the closest village together. Dude, it was just dirty. I had them each take max warspears with ua, one got ignite the other draconic blessing. Kal and thags buddy cop'd down hand in hand and the warspears had effective arm 20, def 14, pow 17 on prey targets and promptly slaughtered the pitiful steelhead defenders.
>>
>>45053853
>>45053918

Having run these for GW games in the past, I understand why he would want to do it this way, and why he thought it might work.

Things will be okay until two players decide to fight over anything, and one of them leaves. These leagues tend to build up, then suddenly stop before anything interesting can happen.
>>
>>45053918
(Cont.)

Later I sent eVayl by her self with just 15 points to take a city (or at least do some recon). She gets to the battlefield and theres a convergence battle engine and a bunch of medium base infantry with that respawn engine following each them. Through very careful positioning i managed to kill them to the man and only lose a spell martyr and maximus.
eVayl
Angelius
Bloodseer
Deathstalker
Deathstalker
Maximus
Spellmartyr
>>
>>45054077
Just this week I partnered with a fellow Legionnaire to defend a city against cryx. Teammate is bringing 25 point pThag, 15 Kallus, I'm bringing 25 eVayl and we defend against three 15 point lists lead by pDenny, pGaspy and eGoreshade. We started last sunday but had to call it because the store had to close. My teammate and I need to work on our synergy.
>>
My fFLGS is going to have a journeyman league in march. I'm excited to start as legion. I'm not sure which battlebox I'll go with. Probably pVayl since I still havent played as her.
>>
>>45054204
pVayl is best Vayl
>>
>>45031942
>Its all metal and his hands are stupid big. I bet he weighs more than Terminus.

This is Warmachine. If you don't like metal, go back to Warhammer.
>>
>>45055540
or be patient for resculpts

>looking at you, Angelius
>>
>>45055540
I'm just going to wait for the resculpt. I just dont have the tools to repose a metal model. I actually prefer pp's metal to their weird resin
>>
Doomy3, wow.
That is one mean warlock. Focus7, excellent spells.
+Mulg
+Rok
+EBDT
+axer
+janissa
+full krielstone
+bongrinders
+feralgeist for teh lulz

how do you even play against this list?
It's untouchable??
>>
>>45056022
Iron flesh kayazies, any "assassination" lists.

The list is slow. Kill rok or ebdt quickly as possible and just do everything to kill krielstone or doomy.
>>
>>45056022
As cryx, I throw chaff in his face and then charge him after the feat turn with banes. It almost doesn't matter which caster is used, as long as they don't die. With pGaspy or Deneghra damage can even be done on the feat turn (but not a whole beast killed by math).

As Skorne, rasheth can similarly weather the feat very well between agonizers and his counterfeat sucking all of the punching power out of Doomy's army, and then he has more heavies in the list to do piece trades with.

For Menoth, uh...

Flamebringers crit grevous wounds? I dunno man, we're pretty screwed there.
>>
>>45056022
Meh. MEH. The real Doomy3 terror is his Tier 3 list because gets a bonus to go first, a turn 1 armor boost, and a turn 1 speed boost. He loses steam FAST if he doesn't win the attrition game on his feat turn, and that list lets him get up the field fast and safe enough to set up for a turn 2 beatdown.

Outside of tier his beast brick is slow enough to get jammed out, and can be forced into a defensive feat on bottom of 1/top of 2 before he gets into scenario position by some armies which is super bad for him.
>>
>>45056022
pMakeda or eKaya casts 3 muzzles. Your entire army cannot advance.

I would otherwise never think of a use for the spell muzzle, but lists like these are perfect.
>>
File: grim1.jpg (399 KB, 798x1015) Image search: [Google]
grim1.jpg
399 KB, 798x1015
Aye, while the list is good and Dommy3 is great it has problems with some match-ups, like most Trollbloods lists. You need something anti-Cryx, as usual. pGrim is good for this.
>>
>>45056022
I drop gaspy2 and laugh, a lot. My favorite is the double gk version. If cryx goes first its even more hilarious
>>
Who besides haley1 is a hard counter to gaspy2?
>>
>>45058421
The only hard counter to gaspy2 is gaspy2
>>
>>45058421
Erratas.
>>
>>45058566
I like the mirror actually. Its like an awful chess match
>>
>>45058421
I think a well played Mother Carrier Group can absolutely fuck the list over.
>>
>>45056177
>For Menoth
Minifeat Zealots and sit it out for a round? Then kill them.
>>
I have a buddy who is trying to run cryx, but with mostly merc (pirate) units. He has a solid denny1 list, and just picked up a skarre2. He has every merc model he'll ever need but is looking into getting some more faction models. He has the battle box jacks and some pistol wraiths atm, what would you guys recommend him getting?
>>
>>45062998
Banez
Skarlock

It's pretty hard to actually recommend collections without knowing intent/budget/initial builds.
>>
>>45062998

Well, if he likes pirates...

Terminus
Revenant crew
Blackbane's Ghost Raiders
Rengrave
Devil's Shadow Mutineers.

He could have a LOT of fun running Terminus, Revenant crew, and Press Gangers. SO much recursion, so much tough, so many pirates.

Throw some cannons in there too. I think between mercs and cryx you can get at least four cannons on the table, two of which ignore LOS.
>>
>>45063245
>recommending revenant crew

get the fuck out.
>>
>>45063256

Or he can just spam banez, whatever. I'd like a tough unit that comes back for scoring unless it's wiped, but if it ain't banez it ain't shit.

>>45062998
I'm wrong, spam banez. Cryx has three units.
>>
>>45062998
Satyxis and a Kraken.

>>45063096
Skarre2, not Skarre1.
>>
>>45063256
Herp derp;
I have some cryx in the building process atm, I am purposely going to run terminus pirates lists, either in tier or very close:
Terminus
Revenant crew
devils shadow
revenant cannons
blackbanes
rengrave

It's shit? But we all know the worst units in cryx are better than any other faction has, so even revenant crew will be sufficient.
>>
>>45062926
>>45056177
List I've seen floating around on the Menoth forums:
Thyra, Sanctifier, Revenger, Avatar
full zealots, min choir, 2 daughters units, rhoven &co
covenant, Madelyn corbeau, saxon orrick

The Revenger is an arc node, so Thyra can get pursuit and stanglehold and silence of death.
Daughters are a pain in the butt.
zealots jam as always
Rhoven can remove animi cont effects or fury.
If it comes down to it, Thyra can get up to 15" threat with acrobatics and she can obviously upkeep grievous wounds on herself.
>>
>>45064329
I can't tell you whether or not that is a good list, because I've never seen Thyra on the table. Doesn't she have a lot of bad matchups? Wouldn't it be better to go for a standard Feora2 list? Or even the dudespam harby?
>>
>>45063530
7 really. 2 kinds if banez 2 kinds of satyxis, mcthralls, wsc, biles
>>
>>45064251
Theres no point in running Terminus without madelyn and darragh.
>>
>>45064459
I see. Nobody plays Shade3 in your area then.
>>
Is there anyone here who makes their own boards and terrain? I want to make a city board using cobblestone, but I'm not sure the best way to do it. I was thinking about making it out of 3/4 or 1" thick insulation foam glued to plywood for structural strength. The issue is, once I create the different heights for the streets and slightly raised sidewalks, what do I make the cobblestone out of? I could carve it into the foam, downside being that it would take weeks carving each stone individually. I could try and find small stones in a craft store or something. Finally, I could get textured plasticard, but that would probably be kinda expensive to cover the board and would have seams. Also the textured plastics I have seen don't have a very deep texture so it might get filled in by the glue I plan on coating the board with for durability. Anyone have suggestions or ideas?
>>
>>45064479
I was just using a generalised list.

I'm one of 2 dedicated cryx players in my meta. The other mains gore3 and uses blackbanes, soulhunters and bane calv to great effect. I myself occassionally use bloodgorgers with gaspy3
>>
>>45064612
So really the only bad Cryx units are Boarding Party and Revenant Crew.
>>
>>45064591
Pebbles come to mind but i dont think its the right answer. You could use a hot knife/whatever its called to create the shape of it into the foam, but then moving minis on it will ruin it over time.

You can try asking the terrain tutor on youtube.
>>
>>45064643
Well I plan on coating the board with a few coats of wood glue before painting, and some matte varnish afterwards. Durability is the endgame
>>
>>45064629
P much yeah. Though calv, trolls and blackbanes are more corner cases.

Thats part of the problem, I think, when people call for bane nerfs because banes are great but they arent removing the legitimacy of other units. If anything mcthralls should get nerfed. They *might* be the best unit in the game.
>>
>>45064683
It's the surgeon who's the real problem. McThralls you can just kill in droves and their point cost reflects that. It's the weird placement shennannigans the Surgeons get to do that turns them up to 11.
>>
>>45064675
Check out the no quarter index thread. They might have a hobby guide for what you are looking for
>>
File: superior firepower option.jpg (40 KB, 274x424) Image search: [Google]
superior firepower option.jpg
40 KB, 274x424
I've been using these guys lately and I have to say, they get an unnecessarily bad rep.

pow 12s can lay the hurt into a surprising range of targets, and an accurate pow 14-16 is solid chip damage and can often take important solos and troopers out.

And if you do run into <13 arm infantry, they can really slaughter them.

Only real complaint is that the full 10 man unit can eat alot of clock
>>
>>45064865
Their issue is that you've got warjacks that do the exact same thing, except with a +2 to the damage roll and ability to not get murdered by any gun the opponent has.
>>
>>45064865
I remember the good old days of Deliverer spamming my friends tightly packed heap of stuff within Vlad's wind wall and cackling madly as the aoe scatter mutilated them.
>>
>>45064865
>>45064889
The real problem is that Zealots do the same thing, but with added jam capabilities.
>>
I can't imagine there's much to critique (lolminions), but what do you all think of this? Do I switch out the Horror for a Spitter?

Blindwater Congregation (50 pts)

Calaban (+6)
>Blind Walker (7 pts)
>Swamp Horror (8 pts)
>Bull Snapper (3 pts)

Sacral Vault (9 pts)
Gatorman Posse (9 pts)
Gatorman Posse (9 pts)
Croak Raiders (8 pts)
Farrow Bone Grinders (3 pts)
>>
>>45065012
Spitter looks better for what you are building toward.
>>
>>45064914
zealots do it from 5" away (11 threat).
zealots are better at jamming, but I think they do different things offensively

>>45064889
sure, but sometimes you don't have that extra point.
Also they have superior quantity, which has a quality all its own.
Finally, the rat 7-13 pow 16 is avails itself to fairly different targets than the rat 3-5 pow 14 (even if boostable).
>>
>>45064329
It's decent for assassinating a warlock, but overall Thyra is a terrible assassin. Since her damage is pretty garbage she'll more than likely just deliver herself to the enemy caster naked. Besides the fact that if she's playing that far up she's incredibly likely to eat blast damage.
>>
>>45064353
>>45065291
It is for the Doomy3 list above.
Which doesn't spam blasts.

Feora2 can't really do much about Doomy3 with Arm23 Mulg.
Dudespam harbinger, again, isn't going to stop Mulg from doing whatever he wants.
>>
>>45064353
Thyra is a wierd Menoth caster. She doesn't work quite like the others.
She does have bad matchups though, I'm just not sure what they are.
>>
>>45065012
>>45065184

Probably right; think I should swap out the Gridners for a Totem Hunter?
>>
>>45064683
>>45064704
The point cost of thralls is ridiculous, but it's the typical cryx fapping.
They're 3/5, cheapest 10 dude unit in the game.
Because they're shit, amirite?
Well, they're def 12 arm12 which is average, not good, but not bad either. So they do die in droves.
They have low MAT ! But they have 2 attacks each, with combo strike. McThrall fists on the charge will make a dent in anything.
and they are undead
So really there is nothing about this unit that makes it worth 3/5, it should be 4/6 like the other basic units.

Then the slightest buff makes them good, even scything touch, or a target under crippling grasp.
and as mentionned, the necrosurgeon pops up to 3 per turn and places them within 3" and they can activate in the same turn.

Yep. Confirmed for bullshit tier.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.