[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calling MTG legacy players, also /Legacy/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 13
File: Image.ashx.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
Ive recently had the itch to start playing mtg again after 1.5 years of not playing. There's no way I am gonna waste money on standard, and I have 2 modern decks, but I want to try and break into legacy. just browsing some content the other day I came across this list:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/legacy-nic-fit-by-caleb-d/
And here's Caleb D going 4-0
http://www.channelfireball.com/videos/channel-calebd-legacy-nic-fit/

I own almost all expensive cards in this deck besides the bayou's (ill use the shocks) + 1 or 2 fetches. So I was wondering if someone with knowledge of legacy could tell me if this deck can be viable if i took it to the weekly legacy event at my lgs? Or if there are any updates that should be made to this deck? I know that it can be better if ran as a W/B/G build but I dont have the money to shell out for that right now. Thanks to anyone who read this.
>>
>>45020925
Looks good to me. See if your LFGS lets you run some proxies for legacy, most do which will make it a lot easier to play and try out stuff. Was surprised by the courser, I personally prefer oracle of mul daya.

>Building, playing, hating, hoping for, modern vs legacy, etc
>>
At an FNM Nic Fit will serve you just fine. That's a list from before Dig Through Time got banned, so it's a little out of date. Its good against aggro, alright against control, but combo is going to be tough.
>>
>>45021001
Yeah i think oracle is better too but i think the idea is courser can be gsz'd out for cheaper and survives bolt. How bad is it to run shocklands in legacy over og duals?

>>45021028
I was thinking about combo as well, since i dont have much legacy experience, im under the assumption that every deck is gonna try and go off on turn 2. For the sideboard against combo i was definitely thinking about thoughtseize and mindbreak trap. Thoughts on that?
>>
>950 in bank account
>start college again in 4 days, need textbooks, food, amenities, no job lined up
>just bought 4 LED to finish 3 decks that I have because I really fucking love legacy
It's going to be a loooong semester
>>
>>45021142
Turn 2 is a fast start, but very possible. Mindbreak will get people occasionally, but it's beatable if they know about it. More targeted discard is all you really have, you usually need a combination of that and a fast clock to beat combo. Setting them back 2-3 turns doesn't do much if you can't close the door with that time.

On the bright side, your delver matchup is going to rock
>>
>>45021001
>modern VS legacy
Legacy because there's a greater variety of decks, plus the card dynamic reminds me of a comment League players used to make about Dota, that every character was so powerful that they all nullified each other and made the game balanced. Modern is all about insane races
>>
>>45021488
Enjoy your ANT, Dredge and Charbelcher
>>
>>45021635
In Legacy you run good cantrips, so you can board 1-2 of a card and reliably see it in your sideboard games. You are rewarded for building balanced sideboards, rather than for jamming 4 hate cards for a couple matchups. There's also a ton of room for fun, wonky sideboard tech, wishboards, tutorboards, and other fun ways to build a deck that you can't do in modern. 4enlightened tutor, 4 helm of obedience, 4 rest in peace in dredge. Getcha.
>>
>>45022160
kek that's actually exactly what I'm running because they all share a similar core, plus my modern decks use a few of their cards too.

>>45022244
Ding ding ding. I've seen some really wonky last-minute brews work because there are some incredibly strong cards in legacy that are incredibly niche but work in this dumb brew. It feels a lot more liberating and it has a lot more crazy things happening, plus you get to make more decisions on a micro level.
>>
>>45021488
>There are still schools that haven't started again yet
Jesus Christ. I've been sending out like 700 textbooks a day all month. I just want this shit to be over already.
>>
>>45022324
I love that you can really tune a deck and make it feel unique. You might only be 1 or two cards off someone else's list, but between brainstorm and ponder you see those cards pretty often
>>
>>45020925
Do you guys know a site where I can get proxys/fakes?
>>
>>45023094
I had a friend run a deck with no duals and running some combo with orcish lumberjack and used Sigarda and it went like 4-3 at a local with a lot of great players running top tier decks and it was a blast to watch. The interactions between cards feels so much more impactful too which I really enjoy.
>>
>>45023224
Goblin welder + mindslaver + uba mask. Do something with that
>>
>>45023636
throw in academy ruins for the most painful win ever? Mindslaver them and then not play anything, maybe get them to discard somehow. Maybe make it RUG to get crop rotation for an early Ruins or something
>>
>>45023650
Thirst for knowledge/myr battlesphere
>>
>>45023675
Helix Pinnacle + Doubling Season Titanpost
>>
>>45023706
High tide combo. Durdle hyperdrive as I call it
>>
>>45020925
Nic Fit is an established deck. It's not Tier 1, but it's decent.
>>
>>45021142
Combo is pretty bad in Legacy. The best decks are very methodical and win way later than you'd expect. It's a grindy format that's all about eking advantage incrementally over several turns when you play a T1 deck.

And then someone plays Belcher and your match is over in 3 minutes so you both go get lunch.

Legacy's got room for everything, but 70% of the time it's not that fast
>>
>Don't feel like dropping the cash to buy 3 Karakas for DnT, it's not that important because I'm not gonna run Mangara anyway
>decide to buy one so I have it for other white decks
>look for two other utility land replacements
>Eiganjo Castle is meh, Canopy is half the price of Karakas itself, Flagstones is up to 25$ because FEAR THE TRON MENACE

The only thing Modern has that's cheaper than Legacy is duals vs shocks. Everything else feels like a wash now.
>>
My EDH playgroup wants to proxy up some legacy for next Friday, and I don't want to be that guy playing Belcher or Cheri0s, but I do want to play a fun combo deck, do I play Oops, All Spells, ANT or High Tide? ANy other suggestions?
>>
>>45023815
I disagree, I play a lot of midrange combo decks like ANT where you have a lot of good matchups. The aggro combo decks like belcher are pretty awful though, they only matchup well against the non blue decks
>>
>>45023837
3 Karakas makes your reanimator/sneak and show matchup almost unloseable
>>
Was building shardless bug but cost of school is catching up to me so Im going halfway on the duals and building 4 horsemen
Ama
>>
>>45023902
what is 4 horsemen
>>
>>45023908
Most craziest, kinda-but-not-really banned deck in legacy
>>
>>45023843
High tide if you want a fun combo deck that durdles really hard. Doomsday feels badass to go off with, as does ANT and TES. Those are the really fun. Enchantress is kind of combo, also turbo durdle.
>>
>>45023922
list pls

>>45023926
I still don't understand how doomsday wins
>>
>>45023922
>>45023908
More specifically it's a deck that combos mesmeric orb with basalt monolith to create an infinite combo of self mill with emrakul to reshuffle your deck and eventually win. You can get warnings and dq'd because there's a chance you won't get your combo pieces in the yard before you see emrakul and then you're doing stuff without effecting the board shate so you get with with slow plays
It's the forbidden fruit of legacy
>>
>>45023947
Yeah I remember that, never heard it called that before. Doesn't it have to do stuff with Sharuum or something? I don't remember exactly how it works.
>>
>>45023942
1 Dread Return
1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
1 Sharuum the Hegemon
1 Blasting Station
Some run 1 sidisi

4 Basalt Monolith
4 Mesmeric Orb

4 Narcomoeba
4 Cabal Therapy
3 Thoughtseize
4 Force of Will
4 Gitaxian Probe

4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
4 Lim-Dul's Vault

3 Underground Sea
3 Island
1 Swamp
4 Polluted Delta
3 Flooded Strand
3 Scalding Tarn
>>
>>45023967
Sharuum brings back Blasting Station which pings to death your opponent with narcomoebas
>>
>>45023922
There is a new version that isn't loop-hole ban'd
>>
>>45023992
Yeah, new one uses the sidisi, brood tyrant but I wanna live on the edge
>>
>>45023942
You need a top in play or a git probe in hand, and an LED in play.

Git probe pile:
Ideas unbound, LED, LED, gitaxian probe, burning wish.

Cast git probe, crack LED for UUU in response. Cast IU. Cast 2 LED's. Cast git probe, crack the LEDs for RRRBBB. Cast burning wish for tendrils.

With top it the same pile, but without the git probe and the last card doesn't matter.

The rest of your piles are variations of these.
>>
File: file.png (287 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
file.png
287 KB, 312x445
>>45023969
You can use this +Dragon Breath for it to be legal (same idea, revive vish, cycle 'narcos with emrakul for large/large ping all his creatures dead ??? assram a huge/huge vish)
>>
>>45024016
That's pretty cute
>>
>>45024070
>omg!
>fucking horsies is banned'n'shiiiiiit
>Beat them with EDH trash
The best is seeing their face.
>>
>>45023815
I just never understood why anyone likes playing decks like belecher. Its basicially just sitting down to see if your opponent will hit or miss, and like you said its over very quickly. Just seems like no fun to play
>>
>>45024115
I play it a lot and it isn't, at all. It's fun for the first 5 minutes when you get the cards and go 'gee whiz I can actually win on turn 1' and then realize that playing this is really just gambling on whether or not you draw well and they draw poorly. It's essentially just you taking a gamble and that's it. In a sense it's the most unfair deck because it literally wins on a coin flip.
>>
>>45024115
Because you want to play, but you also hate people.
>>
>>45024144
In another sense it's the most linear deck, with the easiest game plan to disrupt. G1 the deck can't beat stack based interaction, and it can't beat permenant based disruption any game. I played MUD vs belcher one week, I made a turn 1 trinisphere and they never did anything. Any sphere is an autowin, chalice wins most of the time. If belcher has an awkward draw vs d and t, it can't ever beat a Thalia.
>>
>>45024317
>it can't ever beat a Thalia
If you're not going off on turn 1 or t2 as LATE you're playing belcher wrong.
>>
>>45024345
Oops is arguably better than belcher and it's always better game 1, which is why Belcher became relegated to Oop's sideboard.
>>
>>45024345
Belcher isn't that consistent, sometimes you mulligan then have to draw a couple times. Sometimes you open on 3 spirit guides and only make 6 goblins. The deck loses to itself more than anything
>>
>>45024432
Vancouver mulligan basically means your first mulligan is free which really helps
>>
>>45024458
It's "free" if you're on the draw, but you're still going to have to keep some speculative hands.
>>
>>45020925
Just getting into legacy and I've never of this deck or >>45023902 before, and I'm really psyched by them. Are there any other cool niche decks out there or maybe a somewhat up to date list? Mtggoldfish isn't particularly helpful for all but the highest tier decks.

Reanimator and MUD also caught my eye. What do you think of those archetypes?
>>
>>45024687
you're asking if there are cool niche decks in legacy?

someone post that flowchart

reanimator is solid, mud loses to itself as often as it loses to the opponent, but can have some brutally unfair looking games with the right draws
>>
File: ghaf8Ct.jpg (250 KB, 1516x1747) Image search: [Google]
ghaf8Ct.jpg
250 KB, 1516x1747
>>
File: file.png (974 KB, 1516x1747) Image search: [Google]
file.png
974 KB, 1516x1747
>>45025331
Fixed
>>
I want to play a MUD deck, should I go into Legacy or Vintage? I play on MTGO so the price isn't much of an issue but I'm an EDH scrub so I don't know much about the formats other than what I've seen on CFB's youtube channel.
>>
Who /secretly just playing casual/ here?
>>
Death and Taxes reporting in.
>>
Reanimator, Black Stax, Goblins and UWR Stoneblade chiming in.

>>45025866
both are fun. In Vintage you get to run Workshops so it can be more explosive, but the new CoTV restriction kinda sucked. Still the deck is Tier 1 though.

In legacy it's not that much of tier 1 but it's definetely a legit deck that has won tournaments in the past. Also requires a LOT of skill unlike what other people think.
>>
>>45026372
Yeah Workshop is why I was considering Vintage. I love Kuldotha Forgemaster so I just wanted to play a format where I could use 4 of him and actually be successful, being mono brown is icing on the cake.
>>
>>45026419
yeah the card is really nice. that's the good thing about Legacy that you might like if you were playing EDH (you won't find it in modern): Is that even competitive decks can have a toolbox.
>>
I'm thinking about splashing red for a single Daretti in my UB Tezz deck, and maybe throwing in a Wurmcoil or some other big artifact creature. Am I crazy?
>>
File: Legacy.jpg (418 KB, 1872x1320) Image search: [Google]
Legacy.jpg
418 KB, 1872x1320
I made this for you /legacy/-chan
>>
>>45026617
>No nazi dredge jokes
Memes undone/10
>>
>>45026617
>tfw my only option in every single one of these is Death and Taxes

Is there a version with Black or are the best ones mono W?
>>
>>45026789
BW is perfectly fine, but you would need fetches and duals for that. You're better off buying wastelands first, then ports, and only then are fetches and duals worth the money.
>>
>>45025385
>I hate people > I hate judges > four horsemen
ApexBazinga. I love judges and rules, when someone inevitably calls a judge on me for combing before I commit an illegal act and just cause I play the 4 horsemen means I get to ask the judge to give them a warning for poor sportsman like behaviour. Can't just call a judge on your opponent just because. Need a reason
>>
>>45027014
>judge hits you both instead and tells you to stop annoying him, then goes back to selling cards
>>
>>45026986
Fuck, I can't afford those. M-Modern death and taxes is basically the same, r-right
>>
>>45026617
Where is Nic Fit?
>>
>>45027531
No. Modern Death and Taxes is not what i would call a good deck. Not even with the black splash. It is better than the mono w version, which is utter trash.
>>
>>45027531
Modern DnT is fun, but it's Tier 3 jank, and it probably always will be because WotC is scared of unbanning Misty or reprinting Wasteland or Mother of Runes.
>>
File: LandsUpdated 001 (Large).jpg (856 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
LandsUpdated 001 (Large).jpg
856 KB, 2304x1728
>End of Turn 2, make the 20/20 token

Why is lands so fun
>>
>>45029199
Started building lands once. But guy at lgc plays high tide. One match of him toying with me like a lion with a mouse and I traded it away that day....Now I'm building miracles.
>>
>>45029199
>it takes him 2 turns to win
top kek way to drag games into the lategame
>>
>>45029554
we can drag it out longer if you want.
>>
>>45029554
Did you see it at seatac? The match was as long as a belcher matchup, and his opponent ended the game with no permenants in play
>>
>>45030547
nyet, got a link?
>>
>>45030702
https://youtu.be/caDJURkSAYE

Lands vs Miracles. Match time: 6:00
>>
>>45030807
The finals match was like 40 minutes, but arpund the 40 minute mark his opponent has no lands and no creatures in play
>>
Posting this here since last thread 404ed before I could post it. Hopefully the links still work.
>>44933689
>The build I would use for it would run heavier on chrome moxes for the uu. If you can desire for 6-7, you will usually be able to win. Hitting a dark petition or minds desire should generally win the game.
I tried replacing infernal tutors for dark petitions, dark petitions do make going off a lot more consistent but that wan't much of a problem, a storm of 6 usually did it before petition and petition at most means you have to get 1 less storm (5). Some amount of them might be optimal but they are pretty terribad for setting up before a storm, which is the only advantage the earlier list seemed to have.
Chrome moxes were terrible in every version I tried them in, 2 cards for 1 mana is bad when you're trying to get to 6 mana. They also make the deck even weaker against discard and hate effects.
>>44938870
>>44931295
The testing was terrible.
Mizzixs also has the potential of being mind's desire 5-8 while going off (like dark petition).
Mostly I'm just confused why you wouldn't just mizziks targeting enter the infinite and just win instead of just maybe winning.

I tried looking up what other test decks people had made and I saw some guy claiming necro could be unbanned. I put 4 necros in ANT and found that it won every time the turn after it resolved necro, no way it can be unbanned. (to be fair desire seemed insane too and I think it'd be fine)
Library seems unsafe, though none of the decks I've built are by any means unbeatable (storm, manaless dredge and miracles cutting out the red splash).
I'm doing earthcraft next.
>>
File: 46.jpg (58 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
58 KB, 312x445
Pox reporting in

It's the first rare I ever opened (Ice Age was when I started playing). I'll ride this deck until the day I die. I love big powerful effects that cut both ways.
>>
File: Pox 001 (Large).jpg (736 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
Pox 001 (Large).jpg
736 KB, 2304x1728
>>45032007
>That feeling when no Liliana ;_;
>>
File: bueno.jpg (66 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
bueno.jpg
66 KB, 500x335
>>45032612
>that feel when you have a glorious foily liliana that you pulled when it came out.
>>
I play miracles, and i have problems switching to esper stoneblade. Some advice?
>inb4 keep playing miracles
>>
What's among the cheapest decks to enter into Legacy with?

I don't necessarily have to win as long as I can spend a decent amount of time bothering people and laughing at them.
>>
>>45036745
Storm or elves I guess. if you buy forces, the rest of merfolk isn't too ridiculous.
>>
>>45036745
burn, storm or elves depending on what shit you do.
also goblins and dredge arn't that bad either.
>>
>>45037391
I'd say in terms of decks that are fun to play, elves or storm
>>
>>45034818
>playing esperblade
>>
>>45037423
dredge is fun to play, but you need to realize you don't actually like the people who play legacy first.
its the same reason why people play 4 horsemen or stax anon.
>>
>>45037464
>not having fun playing against dredge
I do not understand how people dislike playing against it, so many cute plays you can do against it.
I like playing against stax too, except for chalice.
>>
>>45037464
playing against dredge is more like beating the fastest aggro deck in the format and its still cute to see
>>
Is legacy like playing old cards in tournaments or something?

IIRC my collection is Ice-Age to Mirage era with a scattering older stuff like revised. I havent looked at it in 15 years
>>
>>45037464
I played it a bit, I didn't find the lines that interesting. I just love resolving brainstorms.

>>45039028
All I'm saying is ask a dredge player what Bridge from Below does. See which half they read you.
>>
>>45039782
Search for some lion's eye diamonds. They're worth $80 now.

Legacy is cards from back to alpha are legal with a ban list. It's a high power level format.
>>
>>45039782
If you're correct, your dual lands will cover most of your deck cost
>>
>>45039890
I'm not sure if I ever had any dual lands. Maybe one or two tops.

What was that grimdark expansion that had a bunch of vampires(?) I think I had/have a fair amount of that one.

It's entirely possible the cards are totally molded away too. They were last seen in my parent's basement at the end of the previous century.
>>
>>45039857
nyet, theyre like 65 in moderatley played condition, i copped 4 for less than 290
dont settle for more than 75
>>
I have a question about stacking, in Magic and other trading card games.

So I'm at home constructing my deck and in the end I spread out distribute the cards into the deck evenly so you wouldn't draw duplicates of anything. Fast forward to the day I play across the table from you in real life. I will shuffle my deck in front of you and even allow you to cut my deck, but it still has fragments of the deck stacking I did back at home.

Am I a dirty cheater for doing this? What do you have to say about this?
>>
>>45040056
not reeeelly but dont tell anyone that, technically a deck that was shuffled before the match could be set up percectly too

also from my experience, you draw worse by doing this, it fucks with the distribution
>>
>>45040056
Stackim
>>
>>45039998
Homelands.
>>
>>45041824
If most of your collection is homelands anon, you're shit outta luck. I wouldn't even use those cards to wipe my ass.
>>
>>45040056
After properly shuffling your deck(mathematically 7 riffle shuffles) the position of any card is functionally unrelated to its starting position or the relative positions of other cards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxJubaijQbI
tl;dr: You're either cheating by not shuffling well enough, or not cheating
>>
>>45023851
>I disagree
I don't care, you're wrong. Look it up, mtgtop8 or mtggoldfish, learn the fucking metagame and shut the fuck up about your local garbage game shop.
>>
>>45042567
I did. Storm is the second most represented archetype in top8s.
>>
>>45042567
>listing the sources that prove you wrong
ANT is tier 1 and 'aggro combo' is tier 2-3 according to all of those sources.
Please learn what you are talking about or stop pretending like you do.
>>
>>45042567
Seriously, that you didn't know that betrays how little you know about the Legacy metagame
>>
>>45042855
who the fuck mentioned aggro combo
ANT is the only combo deck in the entirety of Legacy that's viable
There aren't "a lot of midrange combo decks like ANT", it's literally the only one that's good

Combo is bad, fast oops combo is even worse
>>45042828
ANT only you fucking idiot

>>45042911
I don't even know what the fuck you're saying, cockbreather.
>>
>>45043121
>ANT is the only combo deck in the entirety of Legacy that's viable
>forgetting about elves, omnishow/sneak-show, and reanimator

Omnishow was also one of the best decks in the format before the DTT ban.
>>
>>45043121
And sneak and show, reanimator, omni show, and elves.
>>
>>45043121
Elves, show and tell and reanimator. Three right there. You seem like you want to know what you're talking about, but you couldn't be more wrong. Try playing more legacy then talking.
>>
>>45043186
I've seen mono blue omni, with impulse/intuition trying to replace dig. It's not great, but it ha merits.

>>45043121
Aluren top 8'd the last gp
>>
>>45043121
>who the fuck mentioned aggro combo
>The aggro combo decks like belcher are pretty awful though, they only matchup well against the non blue decks
The post you responded to only had 2 sentences and you forgot one of them?
>>
>>45043243
Brain damage is a hell of a drug
>>
>>45043243
>>45043254
"who the fuck mentioned" isn't a literal phrase you autists
>>
>>45043336
"Autist" isn't a real word
>>
>>45043203
>>45043194
>>45043186
>>45043236
As for the rest of you mouthbreathers, Legacy's power level hierarchy is very flat so practically anything can do well, but every single combo deck you've mentioned so far is far from being competitively viable beyond memes
They don't have an edge that makes them actually worth bothering with over the better decks
>>
>>45037464
Playing dredge is being the gas man in auswich.
>>
>>45043358
But it's not. Have you ever played Legacy? Can you go back to the modern thread.
>>
>>45043409
Kill yourself
>>
>>45043358
By your logic the only competitively viable decks are Miracles, ANT, and Shardless BUG.

You're retarded.
>>
>>45043409
>>45043425
Just stop responding to him, he's either a retard, a troll, or both.
>>
I just lost against zombardment with ANT. Fuck me.
>>
>>45043769
They can disrupt pretty nicely.

When we'll get cabal and a GOOD sac outlet in memedern? I want to meme it up with zombeees
>>
>>45043425
You forgot Grixis and BUG Delver but yes, that's literally the five decks that are competitively viable
congratulations, you cracked the puzzle, Sherlock
>>
>>45043895
Wizards decided that they aren't going to print fun spells anymore around m10
>>
>>45023837
Karakas is for Thalia not Mangara. Lists rarely run Mangara, but will always run 3 Karakas. Card also makes your Sneak and Show and Reanimator match ups way easier.
>>
>>45044111
Maybe on a 0/4 creature then?
For 2.

Eldrazi cuckmaker 1B

Creature Eldrazi vampire
Devoid
Sacrifice a creature: Target player loses the game if he plays dredge
Sacrifice a creature: Deal 1 damage to target creature
>>
Has anyone ever tried to build a sylvan library dredge deck? You get to dredge 3 times per turnb and don't have to put anything back
>>
>>45044168
If you already have 3 dredge outlets in the GY.
>>
>>45044214
Re-placement, if you dredge new dredgers you can dredge them.
>>
>>45044214
Yeah it doesnt seem great, but it could be pretty sweet in grindy games
>>
>>45044132
Seems like something Maro would love
>>
>>45044323
Then you end up without a GY.
A 2 cost spell in a shit color (green) needs you to win the game ASAP in dredge
>>
>>45044480
IntuitionLoam.dec
>>
>>45044864
What "In dredge" part you're unable to read anon?
>>
>>45044870
? I'm talking about brewing a deck. Like bug pox, with sylvan to get all your poxes back.
>>
>>45044898
That's a whole other thing then.
But sylvan is shitty in dredge, bstorm can be fun tho.
>>
>>45044914
Bstorm seems pretty bad in a deck with 0 shuffle effects
>>
>>45044984
In dredge it's 3 card draw at instant speed.
Also you get to put those pesky asshole moebas back on the deck.
Fuck how much I hate having moebas on my hand. It happens too fucking often.
>>
Playing Enchantress
What creatures do i sereach with living wish?
>>
>>45046982
teeg
>>
>>45046982
Hate and emrakul
>>
>>45025385
>do you miss a lot of triggers
>goblins

Heavily disagree. most goblins in the deck have triggered abilities. Heck, even aether vial is a trigger you need to remember.

Triggered
>>
>>45037423
Goblins is super fun once you know what you're doing

>inb4 turn guys sideways
>>
>>45050778
I dunno, be that as it may I've seen way more elves players miss nettle sentinel/wirewood symbiote/quirion ranger/glimpse triggers. In goblins your triggers are related to the action you are taking: you are casting the goblin matron to tutor etc. In elves, a lot of your abilities to two different things, so its easy to use wirewood without remembering that you also untap something.
>>
Hi anons!
My local store finally decided to start with Legacy tournaments and as a Modern player (mostly) I'd like to know how good are Merfolk and Affinity in Legacy (two decks that I already run in modern that seems to be easily changeable into their legacy version).
Suggestions?
>>
>>45051551
Merfolk is decent, most lists run chalice of the void and true name is a beating. Affinity is more tier 2, but access to artifact lands and sol lands and whatnot does make it ok.
>>
>>45026617
nopox/10
>>
>>45052213
Also to add, I've been running POX now for about 6 months, my win rate has tanked down to around 50-50, but my fun rate has gone through the roof. Sinkhole is my spirit animal. but I only have 4. Ive been wanting to splash white just to run 4 Vindicates as Sinkholes # 5-8, but I can't tell if it's a terrible idea or not.
>>
>>45052368
Have you tried B/g loam pox?
>>
File: memesculptor.jpg (123 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
memesculptor.jpg
123 KB, 500x500
>>45025331

obsolete now that Infect is actually a pretty good deck
>>
>>45051551
Play fishies. Get your sets of true name nemesis, force of will, and run at least 3 chalice of the void.

Also, research recent sideboards in competitive lists and understand what the cards are for and how they're used. Your sideboard is probably the most complicated part of the deck.

Mfw captcha asked me to click pictures of fish
>>
>>45052403
Yeah, it feels like a watered down version of lands and Pox, which is fine, but I find both those decks are more fun and effective in their "pure" form. Although Wasteland locks make me giggle, if I really wanted to go that route I'd throw in some Crucibles.
>>
>>45053401
What about u/b pox with stifle?
>>
>>45054819
I've thought about about a UB build running stifle and snapcaster. Snapcastering a sinkhole or smallpox sounds hilarious. Don't have any though.
>>
>>45054857
I want to build pox with 4 big pox. Is that viable
>>
>>45055362
This guy did.
>>45032612
>>
i'm getting into legacy with elves
how bad of a decision am i making?
>>
File: 1446536424790.jpg (215 KB, 944x1254) Image search: [Google]
1446536424790.jpg
215 KB, 944x1254
>>45056852
Don't expect to win a GP, but it looks fun

Also, I love it when people play elves against me. T1 unhindered Elesh Norn because elves can't into Force of Will.
>>
>>45056852
It's tough to play, but its solid and can make top8 if you play well, draw well, and dodge your bad matchups
>>
>>45055362
Not really
>>
is high tide/solidarity still a thing
>>
>>45061933
Banning Dig kinda killed it again
>>
>>45061933
I've been playing spring tide. Its alright, it's just got a horrific miracles/delver matchup. Solidarity is slightly worse, more of a joke deck.
>>
Still new with Reanimator. What's my gameplan against delver decks? Roll 'n Cry?
>>
>>45062295
Go for it with backup. It's not a good matchup.
>>
I got a question /tg/, I love my miracles deck and legacy is my favourite format, but I want to play my favourite color combination (esper). I've tried going about making it happen and I've added an inquisition of Kozilek in my main deck . I was wondering if I should put more black stuff in my board, the IoK is pure value against some opponents I find

Please don't tell me to play stone/death Blade becuase that deck is not a fucking control deck no matter how I play it
>>
>>45062793
You could try cabal therapy to go with snapcaster/mentor. You could try the abyss if you're going for a Jace kill, perish is decent against elves.
>>
>>45062793
Painful truths maybe? Generate some real card advantage for once.
>>
>>45020925
Honestly, see if anyone minds if you proxy duals at your locals, because shocks are fucking terrible in legacy. you'll do fine, bc nic fit is good, but still

>>45024687
reanimator is really meta dependent and in the current meta its pretty bad

mud is very inconsistent. turn 1 chalice for 1 is necessary to winning before you die
>>
>>45062793
Just play esper stoneblade. You might even be able to brew up a weird countertop stoneblade list.
>>
>>45062990
>>45063026
I'll consider it and try, thanks for the suggestions
>>45063085
Cheeky cunt, not very good at reading I can see
>>
>>45063167
Play enlightened tutor/riphelm
>>
>>45062793
I found this: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=11011&d=262686&f=LE

It got first at a 42-man last November. It looks kinda fun, but you'll probably play it and just think "why am I not playing Stoneblade or Miracles".

Legacy has amazing cantrips, but now that Dig and Cruise are banned, there's no good instants/sorceries for pure CA. It's all gimmicky stuff like Jace or Shardless -> Ancestral or Loam or CounterTop.

I kinda wish Esper Charm was viable, but I think it's a tad too slow.
>>
Why doesn't Lim-Dul's vault see more play? It seems incredible
>>
Dear /legacy/,

I love Wrath of God, it's my favorite card. The feeling of using a big, splashy effect that completely hoses an opponent that overextended makes me like diamonds. What's a good deck for me?
>>
>>45063808
Miracles. Enjoy your 1 mana instant-speed wrath.
>>
Tried playing Spanish Inquisition on Cockatrice. It's stupid fun when you combo off right but I WILL BE DAMNED if that shit isn't hard to pull off right. Any tips?
>>
>>45062793
22 LANDS
2 Marsh Flats
1 Cavern of Souls
4 Flooded Strand
5 Island
2 Karakas
1 Plains
4 Scalding Tarn
1 Tundra
2 Underground Sea

8 CREATURES
1 Monastery Mentor
2 Dark Confidant
3 Vendilion Clique
2 Venser, Shaper Savant

19 INSTANTS and SORC.
4 Brainstorm
4 Force of Will
2 Ponder
1 Thoughtseize
3 Swords to Plowshares
4 Terminus
1 Go for the Throat

11 OTHER SPELLS
4 Counterbalance
3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 Sensei's Divining Top

SIDEBOARD
Whatever for the meta
Bob is fine even with your all your 4, 5, and 6 drops. Old countertop goyf decks dealt with it all the time. Be a man.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 307x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 307x435
I don't mind some proxies, but what I hate is when someone shows up with every card in their deck sharpie proxies onto a basic land, I really love staring down a board full of plains and having to squint and remember what card does what
>>
>>45064606
What are you using venser for?
>>
>>45065058
Honestly it'd be nice if more proxies were just printed images of the card
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.