[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In a fortnight my group is starting a One Piece adventure using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: Longarm_Dude.png (2 MB, 1280x1236) Image search: [Google]
Longarm_Dude.png
2 MB, 1280x1236
In a fortnight my group is starting a One Piece adventure using M&M as the system.

I'm planning on using a Longlimb Tribe character, with his unique quirk being that he has both triplejointed arms and legs due to his mixed parentage, but I'm stumped on what sort of fighting style or techniques he should utilise.

I feel like with his extra joints contortion and double-jointed circus flexibility is a given, but that's not a fighting style. Any suggestions /tg/?
>>
>>45020571
Judo, maybe? Use the long and flexible limbs to trip and flip opponents.
>>
>>45020571
If he can roll up his arm with ease, you can make him toss things like a trebuchet.
If you're looking for more close range fighting though, you could use his arms like flails. Make a moveset around spinning things like wheels and windmills.
>>
>>45020571
Nothing but elbow and knee strikes. One of his attacks should be forming into a diamond and just dropping or spinning into someone.
>>
>>45020571
Does that guy have two elbows?
>>
>>45020670
I was going to suggest the same thing. It sounds cool, and ultimately fitting with the crazy shit in OP.

>>45020723
Yes. And his mouth is a piano.
>>
>>45020630
>>45020670
>>45020718

So what I'm getting from this is that he should definitely be a close-combat fighter. I can definitely work with that, a staccato freewheeling flailing ball of arms and legs does sound pretty amusing.

I was toying with some circus-related nonsense with his parents being skilled acrobats and incorporating trick knife throwing into his moves since he has superarms, but I'm not sure really.

In my head he's just lacking that spice that really makes an OP character, that unique zaniness.
>>
>>45020824
Maybe something with capoeira? He could be a lethal breakdancing machine.
>>
>>45020824
Don't think you have to go too hard on the zaniness. Zoro and Sanji are main characters, and their fighting quirks are sword in mouth and exclusively using kicks.

I don't know the word for it, but you could make it so them can use their feet the same as their hands like a monkey.
>>
>>45020571
Look up Ideo and Blue gilly. Hell have some links.
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Gilly
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Ideo
Ones a longarm the others a longleg, so you could probably merge the two some how.
>>
>>45021060
Hrm, that's not a bad idea actually. It would certainly add a new element to his style.

With zaniness it's not so much just the fighting style as it is the character's quirks and personality traits, but I'm only brainstorming for fighting help at the moment so I guess that's not really necessary.
>>
>>45020824
He's got super long legs and two elbows. He's plenty Zany. Give him a unique laugh, odd mannerisms and a unique personality and you've got a One Piece character buddy.
>>
How do you handle Devil fruits? Can you start with one or do you have to find them and choose to eat or sell?
>>
>>45021217
Huh yeah I guess so! I was musing about other weird ideas that just seemed so perfect for the One Piece world that I forgot how weird a Longlimb fighter actually is by default.

>>45021294
We all took d20 rolls that required a 17 or higher to be allowed a DF to start with and only one of us succeeded. It's all balanced in that it uses the same Power Points and character building restrictions as other characters, he just gets to be a little weirder. DM has assured us there'll be chances for DFs to be acquired in the future.
>>
If you make him super flexibe and with prehensile feet then I can imagine him being this kinda creepy-ass spidery being who clambers up things with all four oddly-jointed spindly limbs, like a monstrous daddy-long-legs, and then hurling himself through the air to attack with elbow and knee strikes.

He should be an agile acrobatic fighter who moves through all three dimensions of space fluidly and naturally, like he's been practising acrobatics witht he circus since he could walk.
>>
>>45021396
I hope they have a random table you roll on to see which fruit you get.
>>
>>45021725
Yup, it was randomised. So now his character is a cook with the power of shooting fireworks out of his body.
>>
>>45021855
So he could potentially shoot out that dragon firework of Gandalfs from Fellowship of the Ring?
>>
>>45021910
Maybe? I dunno, not my character, not my build. I have no idea how he'll turn out.
>>
I'm imediately reminded of Ty Lee from Avatar when you talk about an acrobatic circus martial artist.

DF-blocking pressure point attacks? Probably too "haki" for a starting character but pressure point attacks could be cool, with longarms having a strong oriental vibe
>>
>>45021855
I sure hope the DM and player are good enough at working together to do the usual One Piece thing where a useless sounding ability becomes ridiculously OP just by stretching the definition of your fruit power.
>>
>>45022555
Haha I'm sure we'll get him flying around soon enough and using his fireworks as daze and blinding attacks like flashbangs or something similar.

I'm filling the martial artist role and there's a swordsman and a sniper so the chef will likely be a support fighter.
>>
>>45020571
I've got an idea. He could fold up the last segments of his limbs to disguise himself as a normal human, and have fake hands and feet that he wears on his second joints. Normally he holds two weapons in his fake hands, but when he fights seriously, he unfolds his real hands and feet and uses them too, to fight with four weapons (and four boots) at once.
>>
>>45022689
Oh no way, I was thinking of the "fold limbs and hide them away" thing too, but I got stuck with the hands and feet ending in the wrong places. False hands would be weird but potentially doable for sure. Maybe some minor cybernetic alterations are in order!
>>
File: Ideo.png (2 MB, 1130x2800) Image search: [Google]
Ideo.png
2 MB, 1130x2800
>>45022689
It wouldn't work. Ideo folds up his arms and it just gives him really weird shoulders. And Longlegs just have really long legs.
>>
>>45021855
>out of his body

...d-dick sparkler?
>>
>>45020571
Just long limb Rankyaku.
>>
File: Tamago.png (139 KB, 285x281) Image search: [Google]
Tamago.png
139 KB, 285x281
>>45023011
Ah didn't read your post right. But still wouldn't help the legs.
>>
>>45023059
OP mentioned that
>his unique quirk being that he has both triplejointed arms and legs due to his mixed parentage

So I assume he has extra joints because he's a freak and can do shit like fold his legs up.
>>
>>45023059
OP mentioned that he has triple jointed legs because he's a genetic freak
>>
File: pic124573_sized.jpg (16 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
pic124573_sized.jpg
16 KB, 450x600
>>45020571
Staffs with multiple weapon options on the tips.

Oh, and nanite hypnotic tattoos.
>>
File: Blood_and_Steel_v9_ch47_170-171.jpg (751 KB, 1650x1200) Image search: [Google]
Blood_and_Steel_v9_ch47_170-171.jpg
751 KB, 1650x1200
>>>45020571 but that's not a fighting style. Any suggestions /tg/?
>>
>>45022926
>Maybe some minor cybernetic alterations are in order!
I was thinking something more low-tech, like fake prop hands that he can use as effectively as regular hands because practice. Cybernetics are very high technology by One Piece standards.

Maybe that could fit into his backstory somehow, like being a former exotic slave before some sympathetic higher-ups in the World Government secretly modified his body to help him blend in. Got any backstory ideas already, OP?
>>
File: ScottSteiner_crop_north[1].jpg (16 KB, 400x311) Image search: [Google]
ScottSteiner_crop_north[1].jpg
16 KB, 400x311
>>45023191
>genetic freak
LIKE BIG POPPA PUMP, SCOTT STEINER
>>
File: 9001hours.png (3 KB, 373x339) Image search: [Google]
9001hours.png
3 KB, 373x339
>>45022689
>>45022926
>>45023442
So if I'm reading you right, you're suggesting something like this?
>>
File: gunchucks yo!.gif (5 MB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
gunchucks yo!.gif
5 MB, 640x352
>>45023278
What about gunchucks? Three hundred percent better than swordchucks.
>>
>>45023666
This is literally the worst thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>45023678
You have lived a very sheltered life.
>>
>>45023678
Do you use your eyes very often?
>>
>>45023678
I'll admit, it's a pretty low quality .gif, but when you grab shit off google image search you can't expect much.
>>
>>45023697
>>45023702
I just... do people think this is cool? I don't understand the appeal at all.
>>
>>45023723
Some do. People have different tastes.
>>
>>45023630
Basically, yes. Probably a weapon other than a sword, since the OP's crew already has a swordsman.

Since he's a descendant of two tribes, maybe he could have different weapons in each set of hands, to combine two martial arts traditions from the tribes.
>>
File: kerning.png (18 KB, 357x258) Image search: [Google]
kerning.png
18 KB, 357x258
>>45023697 I see worse every few minutes I spend in public. Pic related.
>>
>be playing a One Piece game in FATE
>play a young and chipper navigator who joins the crew to hopefully find his dad, a semi-famous pirate captain.
>About a quarter into the campaign the party is trapped in a blood feud between two rival pirate crews
>party is split in two, with half of them going for the moral high ground and the others going for loot.
>Full-scale battle begins, pitting party against each-other
>Accidentally kill the opposing captain. Rewarded with a devil fruit for my bravery.
>"Fuck it, here we go."
>DM rolls and gets this huge ass smirk
>"you've eaten the Mitt-Mitt fruit. You can now catch things without sustaining damage."
>mfw by late game I'm an unstoppable force that simply catches his own pain.
>mfw I have no face.
>>
>>45023743
Guns.
Double on Bayonetta.
>>
>>45023747 whoops! I meant to respond to >>45023678
Incidentally, kudos on your trips, man with bad taste (>>45023666)
>>
>>45023764
>catches his own pain

I know Oda gets liberal with power applications, but really?
>>
>>45023723
>I just... do people think this is cool?
It's not "this is cool", it's "there are countless things that are worse".
>>
>>45023804
To be fair he did sustain damage, just didn't feel it.
My favorite part was catching a bunch of diseases from a myriad of insects and bacterial lizard bites and then proceeding to walk into an enemy camp and spread my gross ass self everywhere.
Of course I couldn't even go near the party until I was cured.
>>
>>45023804
Kuma does almost the same thing.

https://youtu.be/Dlxq6KkpSoo?t=36
>>
>>45023847
I forgot about that entirely. Also, that's far from what I imagined Kuma sounding like.
>>
>>45023847
Kuma is even more hax. He paws allow deflection which he expanded to incorporate catching as a subset of his power.
>>
>>45023891
He can also use them to create the mother of all pneumatic cannons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ_-yVm5H3k
>>
>>45023984
Catching guy could probably manage that too.
Just catch the air. A lot of it.

Or hell, do it with water for more mass.
>>
>>45023630
This is even better if you just don't gave fake hands and feet and have him say he lost them in a circus accident, but use his acrobatics to balance on his stumps and fight using elbow and knee strikes until he busts out his secret extralong limbs for enemies that are Just Too Strong.
>>
>>45024009
Hell, another of his favorite tricks was "catching blows" for his allies, drawing them to him almost like he was a black hole.
Also "catching a cold" allowed him to freeze people by touching them.
>>
>>45023764
Anyone got more stories?
>>
>>45024290
Here's one from the same campaign

>Party has just arrived on Shabody Archipelago to get their ship coated for Fishman Island
>Process takes about three weeks so party goes their seperate ways and agrees to meet up when the ship is done.
>Sniper runs off to the seediest part of town and drowns himself in booze, babes, and blow.
>Unknowingly sleeps with a Tenryobuto's rebellious daughter.
>The next time the party sees him he's running towards the ship with a miniature army of marines hot on his heels, the girl being carried bridal style.
>The daughter joins our crew as a cook and is eventually taken over by another player
>Sniper's bounty is now twice as large as the captains.
>>
>>45024290
>be mermaid using Merfolk Combat to kick ass underwater
>be ambushed by Big Bad and dragged onshore without my flotation ring,so I'm fucking useless
>Big Bad is wiping out the rest of my crew and I can't really help at all
>feelsbadman.jpg
>suddenly genius idea strikes me
>drag myself to doc's surgical bag and dig out the Energy Steroids from his drug cache, then take a bunch
>follow it with one of doc's antidote drugs, which forces the body to instantly metabolise chemicals, clearing the Energy Steroids out of my system
>Energy Steroid drawback kicks in, accelerating my aging and pushing character's age up by 20 years in a flash
>now I'm over 30 and my tail splits so suddenly I can walk on land
>take the rest of the Energy Steroids with me when I charge in and the whole crew dopes up to defeat the Big Bad, and I get to kick his ass with Merfolk Combat on land
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
File: tumblr_n2n4wbkDo61tqrbsgo1_500.gif (112 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2n4wbkDo61tqrbsgo1_500.gif
112 KB, 500x370
>>45024429
Man why is One Piece the best universe?
>>
Okay, I left off at the fight with Crocodile
Exactly how insane have things gotten since then?
>>
>>45024482
Because it's JoJoverse but goofier, and with charles atlas superpowers that can be applied to more than just fighting ancient mayan vampires.
>>
>>45024512
Rather. Crocodile and Alabasta was really only scraping the surface of ot all.
>>
>>45024482
Because its fun and is written by a guy who can keep it real. That said, i got sidetracked and havent read the manga for like two and a half years, but keep meaning to get back to reading it.
>>45024512
If you like insane melee's, Marineford is the best manga melee i've ever read. If you like good stories, Sky Island had me amazed and was what i considered the pinnacle of his artstyle
>>
>tfw you're the only one in your group of friends that wants to play a One Piece game
>Every Roll20 game I've seen has a captain with the GumGum fruit
Is it so much to ask for a decent One Piece game? I just want to have zany adventures on the high seas.
>>
>>45024544
>Gomu Gomu Captain
Faggots the lot of them. All characters should get a randomised DF if they ever get lucky enough to get one at all.

When I played a game we had to roll a natural 20 at the start of character creation to be allowed to give our characters a DF at creation.

So no DFs for our crew for a while and fuck it was fun.
>>
>>45024512
Pretty friggin insane.

There was a dude that was tilting entire islands at 45 degree angles just to show off.
>>
>>45023847
Still got one.
>>
>>45024515
Everyone is drawn really distinctly. Even characters with sinister designs will have something unusual about them, like the admirals being crazy tall.

Also setting-wise, it's home to the most heinous atrocities (Alabasta, Ohara, Impel Down) and the most amazing of wonders (Skypeia, Water 7, Fishman Island, Neptunians, Enies Lobby)
>>
Okay, if you had to make a character for a one piece game, what would it be?
>>
>>45024482
Happy go lucky bullshit, awesome fight scenes, cool powers, and a writer who has a knack for making the most ridiculous nonsense perfectly normal and understandable.

I mean, he had a grown ass man dressed as a baby in a diaper whos powers involved swimming through anything and being "hard boiled" all the time. And I wound up taking THAT seriously. If that's not a blessed literary gift from gods beyond mortal ken I don't know what is.
>>
>>45024619
>Even characters with sinister designs will have something unusual about them, like the admirals being crazy tall.
And also being contrastingly detailed and based on RL actors.
>>
File: admirals.jpg (274 KB, 2048x1243) Image search: [Google]
admirals.jpg
274 KB, 2048x1243
>>45024643
They are? Who?
>>
>>45024636
Right now off the top of my head I'm thinking navigator with an insect motif. He finds new islands by sending out fly's or other bugs as scouts. Perhaps he's a Fly Zoan, perhaps he's just a normal dude who has a knack for creepy crawlies. Who knows?
>>
>>45024636
A Longlimb martial artist who has traits of both the Longarms and the Longlegs, but I never finished fleshing it out because my thread got derailed.

I kid. If I get the chance I want to make a Mantis Shrimp Fishman who was an elite royal guard but accidentally ate a DF and now can't swim so he exiled himself to a freezing Winter Island in shame and became a solitary hunter who seeks out legendary Sea Emperors to kill in hunter-combat in a suicidal form of glory.

His goal is to find a way to extract his DF power and remove the curse so he can return home, as well as to successfully kill the Sea Emperor that has eluded him for all his years on his island.

But since I didn't get a DF for my character creation roll I can't go with that backstory so lol longlimb freak go.
>>
>>45024665
Check the wiki pages for trivia entries.

Issho is Shintaro Katsu as Zatoichi for example.
>>
>>45024636
I remember I had a whole fake crew though up in high school. Of course being high school they were edgy counterparts to the main cast. If I recall it was...

Captain: Guy with an eyeball artifact that lets him see his own death and avoid it. It tells him to go to the edge of the world.

First mate: The Glass-Glass fruit. All offense, no defense. Makes glass swords.

Navigator: Sea Sage, in service of the water god Poseidon.

Chef: Child werewolf. Keeps a piece of moonstone in a locket and opens it when he needs to transform.

Doctor: Big burly man that eschews chemicals and heals through massage, acupuncture, and homeopathy.

Shipwright: Puppeteer. Had a mech suit made entirely out of wood and string.

I think there was a seventh but I can't remember.
>>
File: 27zw6c7.jpg (131 KB, 485x300) Image search: [Google]
27zw6c7.jpg
131 KB, 485x300
>>45024665
>>
>>45024604
Yeah, Whitebeard was pretty awesome. Or was that Blackbeard testing out Whitebeard's power after he ganked it?
>>
>>45024636
Former marine rokushiki master.
>>
>>45024737
They both did it.
>>
File: I'veMadeATerribleMistake.png (531 KB, 1120x612) Image search: [Google]
I'veMadeATerribleMistake.png
531 KB, 1120x612
>>45024737
Both, actually, but it was a huge dramatic moment when Whitebeard did it. He was a fucking fantastic character, god damn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NZWCFXYpsU
>>
>>45024636
A burly miner who is essentially a slave working in a World Government seastone mine, which is isolated and heavily guarded.

While most of the miners use jackhammers and pickaxes, this guy uses brass knuckles and explosive boxing power to punch the rocks into dust and extract the seastone.

Due to the unsafe conditions of the mines and numerous cave ins, his entire huge body is covered in horrible scars, except that somehow his amazingly handsome face has never suffered a scratch.

Only because there are no mirrors on this slavemine island he had no idea that his face is beautiful and is convinced it is as scarred as his body, so he's bashful and shy about showing his face to others, preferring to hide under a potato-sack mask. Nothing can convince him otherwise about his face and his fears, so it's a recurring gag.
>>
>>45024757
>everyone else fucking terrified
>Doflamingo is standing there laughing his ass off

Oh 'Mingo, you truly were the best warlord.
>>
>>45020571
>>45022626
Actually, what role would your character fulfill on the crew? "Martial artist" isn't exactly a job in a pirate crew; Sanji fights with his feet but he's the crew's chef. It's the same with most of the other characters; they have a job they do on the ship, and a fighting style that's (usually) tangenially related to it. So what would your guy do?
>>
>>45024803
Fuck the haters of the Dresrossa arc. It was great, Doffy was great, and he's still laughing his ass off from behind bars.
>>
>>45024737
Don't forget; Whitebeard, while past his prime, terminally ill, AND mortally wounded, not only defeated the man who would go on to replace Sengoku as Fleet Admiral, but hit him so hard he shattered Navy HQ.

https://youtu.be/iC8Re4yYClo?t=165 How this didn't kill Sakazuki outright I have no idea.
>>
>>45024841
There are six of us and chef, doctor and navigator are already taken. Shipwright doesn't fit my idea of his circus history so...

I dunno, I was sort of thinking his circus act antics could make him the Entertainer/Musician of the crew? The Longarm tribe is often associated with music so it fits.
>>
>>45024884
Playing drums simultaneously with doing acrobatic tricks?
>>
>>45024875
Too bad the anime didn't do his death scene justice.
>>
>>45024841
Let's be honest, here, Zoro doesn't really have a job outside of "beat people up." In theory he's the first mate but he doesn't really seem to have any actual obligations. Hell, in One Piece, "First Mate" seems to mean "strong enough to keep the rest of the assholes in line".
>>
>>45024884
Not every person on the crew needs to fulfill some role. Just look at Robin. Much like a real crew, you need someone who can fight enemy boarding parties, man the crows' nest, and swab decks.
>>
>>45024875
>but hit him so hard he shattered Navy HQ.

And that hit was to the stomach or balls(kind of hard to tell). So props to Sakazuki for being able to get up after a hit like that, at all. He is many things, but a wimp is not one of them.
>>
File: Motherfucking Kaido.jpg (241 KB, 1200x890) Image search: [Google]
Motherfucking Kaido.jpg
241 KB, 1200x890
Motherfucking Kaido. A guy so hard, he can't fucking die.
>>
>>45024923
You can see where Whitebeard hits him at 3:39, that's what the indent is. So, basically the entire left side of his upper torso.
>>
File: Motherfucking Kaido.png (455 KB, 1598x1150) Image search: [Google]
Motherfucking Kaido.png
455 KB, 1598x1150
>>45024931
Fuck it was the manga panda translation. have the better one.
>>
>>45024939
>So, basically the entire left side of his upper torso.

Still...that's a quake sphere and also probably haki enhanced(to bypass Sakazuki's logia invulnerability)punch from "the world's strongest man" straight to an area of the body filled with all sorts of vital organs. That Sakazuki is not only alive, but healthy enough to fight Kuzan for three whole days for the position of fleet admiral after taking a hit like that(not right after but it's the most notable thing that happened to any of the admirals during the timeskip), speaks volumes to how tough he is.
>>
>>45025001
Oh, yeah, no. The fact that he's even able to function later in the battle is nothing short of a miracle.
>>
>>45024952
>>45024931
Whats the best TL to read in bulk for the last ~150 odd chapters?
>>
>>45025098
Manga Stream.

MS ain't what I call great, but their OP translations are better than the rest of their projects usually and it's like the only option that isn't shit.
>>
This is apparently the roll-chart for random Devil Fruits my GM used in our game:

>http://pastebin.com/XeMb6URP
>>
>>45025247
Its not panda, at least
>>
>>45025308
Yeah, fuck mangapanda. They aren't just bad, they're outright inaccurate.
>>
>>45025302
>gender gender

Is that supposed to be Ivankov's fruit? Because it does other things.
>>
>>45025302
>Logia - Paper
But logias aren't organic elements
>ib4 non-canon videogame
>>
>>45025247
I use Manga Stream for some of my stuff--Ippo, the Big Two, Fire Brigade of Flames--and Mangahere for everything else.
>>
>>45025324
Dunno, we never rolled that one. It's in a section of completely made up fruits so I'm guessing it isn't. It probably is a troll fruit that just swaps the user's gender back and forth or something.
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>45025302
>>
>>45025344
Pretty clear he just went with the least powerful Logia that have shown up. The candy syrup one is also non canon and so are several of the Paramecia ones.

At least it isn't the shitty mystery liquid logia from Movie 2.
>>
>>45025365
Chameleon. Bitchin A.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>45025302
Rollan
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

Let's see what fruit I get!
>>
>>45025393
Disguise Disguise.

>>45025365
Wanna partner up and become the sneakiest, thieviest pirates in the Grand Line?
>>
>>45025405
Loooooogia fuck yeah!
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

Gimme dat sweet sweet bombardier beetle
>>
>>45025413
Absolutely.

I'm going to be... A painter. Using mad drawing skills to synergize with chameleon pigmentation altering.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>45025302
Oh what the hell, let's see what I get. Also, let's see if I remember how to dice.
>>
>>45025434
Fuck me only off by 2. But its cool because scorpions are wicked sick as fuck
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>45025302
Fuck it, let's see where this goes
>>
>>45025456
I am become edge
>>
File: Bari_Bari_no_Mi_Infobox.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bari_Bari_no_Mi_Infobox.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>45025449
>fortress fortress

I have no idea what this does. So I'm just going to pretend it's Bartolomeo's fruit, because his fruit is awesome.
>>
>>45025405
>>45025449
>>45025456

Stop me if you've heard this one before. An ex-Marine, an ex-Mafia and an ex-bounty hunter walk into a bar...
>>
>>45025446
There's no way I can't be some sort of overly dramatic actor-type who swaps "roles" and appearances like hats.

Actually, shit, come to think of it, that'd be great.

ANON
SCENERY
I NEED SCENERY AND A BACKDROP
>>
>>45025478
I expect it is Capone Bege's fruit, the Shiro Shiro no Mi? It can mean either castle or fortress.

Of course that only got its name a couple of chapters ago, but it might have been a good guess on the GM's behalf.
>>
>>45025478
I'm guessing it'd be like that, but with concrete, brick, and mortar
>>
>>45025478
My guess is you can make anything a fortress, and make a fortress from anything. You can turn your ship into a fortress, turn yourself into a fortress, make a fortress out of a mountain, or out of cannonballs or some shit...

Just use your fruit to turn your cannonballs into a fortress after they've been fired and laugh all the way to the Grand Line as you sail your ironclad galleon.
>>
>>45025496
His chameleon powers make him the ultimate set/prop mover, he can bring things onstage without being seen!
>>
>>45025496
Rolling out a giant canvass and speed painting the background, without being seen? Yeeesss
>>
>>45025365
>>45025393
>>45025405
>>45025434
>>45025449
>>45025456
So, how are we organizing this? One crew or several?
>>
>>45025478
It's in the canon section so it's either Bartholomeo's or Bege's fruit. But Barty was using Bari Bari as technique names early on so it should be obvious that his is the barrier fruit.

I'm guessing Capone but could be Barty if this was really early on in Dressrosa when the list was made.
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>45025302
>>
>>45025557
Echo. Well.

>>45025496
>>45025532
Hey guys, you need a soundstage master?
>>
>>45025539
Paramecia:
>Fortress Fortreas
>Blade Blade
>Disguise Disguise

Zoan:
>Chameleon
>Scorpion

Logia:
>Candy Syrup

It's a pretty diverse crew all things said. Covers a lot of bases!
>>
>>45025574
Got a tank. Got a killy guy. Got a both in Logia.

And then two-three (with 55 guy) man team of infiltrators.
>>
>>45025566
The Overly Dramatic Pirates are nearly complete!
>>
>>45025574
Count me in guys. I wouldn't miss this adventure for the world!

>>45025302
Speaking of, rolling!
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

Give me 17 so I can create wax props instantly plz
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>45025302
>>
>tfw joined the /tg/ crew on the One Piece forum role play

I never liked free form RP but this is hilarious. I think it's all to do with the setting.
>>
File: Johnny'sBizarreAdventure.jpg (115 KB, 1000x1250) Image search: [Google]
Johnny'sBizarreAdventure.jpg
115 KB, 1000x1250
>>45025528
>>45025532
>>45025566

>Entire ship is reminiscent of a stage/broadway theater
>Productions every single day
>Scenery and backdrops so gorgeously realistic they can trick other ships with fake additions
>Crewmembers have laughs that sound like stuff like opera singing and shit
>Goal is to make the whole world a beautiful stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=737YjL1doGY

This shit LITERALLY writes itself, holy fuck.
>>
>>45025608
Shit, lets try that again.
>>
>>45025611
Fuck spikes are no good for a stageshow.

Sorry guys, I can't join the Play Make Believe Pirates today.
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>45025621
>>45025608
Holy fuck its been a long time since I've rolled dice on here
>>
File: AngryPointStickman.jpg (20 KB, 328x396) Image search: [Google]
AngryPointStickman.jpg
20 KB, 328x396
>>45025638
That just means you're not being creative enough, Anon!
>>
Literal edgelord here, anybody need a chef?
Where better to learn than on the job, right?
I even come with my own knives
>>
>>45025640
Poison! Poison everywhere!
You can go join the Kill Fukken Everything Pirates with Fortress, Blade, Scorpion and Spike.
>>
>>45025640
Awwww yiss, Spore Spore fruit! Sleep, poison, paralysis, spores do it all!

Also I get a badass mushroom hat.
>>
Suggestion for a crew name
Neverland Pirates?
>>
>>45025660
Seconding this. Need a cool sounding name for the rival pirate crew to the player characters.
>>
>>45025648
Shut the fuck up stickman holy fuck nobody asked your opinion jesus fucking christ
>>
>>45025548
>but could be Barty if this was really early on in Dressrosa when the list was made.

I choose to believe this, as I honestly wouldn't be able to use the other one creatively enough. But Barty's fruit comes with loads of built in utility and versatility.
>>
>>45025660
>>45025669

If you're the Neverland Pirates then clearly the Tick Tock Pirates are your rivals.
>>
>>45025617
>sporeman in charge of lighting with bioluminescent spores
>that giant Spore discoball for their rendition of The Wedding Singer

>>45025660
Happy Trees Pirates.
>>
>>45025687
Oh! Oh! Can our ship head be a giant bust of Bob Ross?!
>>
>>45025638
>spikes
>you're a walking pin-cushion
Perfect for making costumes
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

I'm unfhappy with spikes so my pirate fell in the water and drowned. Oops.

Guess I'll just roll up a new character, eh?
>>
>>45025707
>fortress
>blade
>cage
Why don't we just be marines?
>>
>>45025686
Not the same guy as the Neverland pirates. Just need a cool sounding name for the rivals of whatever crew the players make when the game starts Friday.
>>
>>45025617
Gonna need some non-DF guys.

How about mad skill with ropes, like the Water 7 guy, to move props and all?
>>
>>45025714
Navy, I mean
Maybe
Honestly, it's been a while
>>
>>45025722
Shipwright is also a master with ropes and is the one who does all our wire stunts. Done.
>>
>>45025687
Sporeman should also be our doctor. Not all spores have to be detrimental to your health.

>>45025722
A famous composer who lost his right hand i n an accident at a zoo and had it replaced with a conducters baton.
>>
>>45025726
Both are correct. The greater organization is the Navy, and the soldiers are Marines.
>>
>>45025733
Man, if you're not careful you could basically just make "spores" mean "magic". Though, given the crazy shit that exists in One Piece that wouldn't necessarily be out of place.
>>
>>45025743
Like that's any more "magic" than Doflamingo's strings letting him control people like puppets.
>>
>>45025743
Ive thought of some cool drawbacks to counteract this.

1: He's immune to his own spores for better or worse. He can't poison himself but he also can't heal himself or dope himself up with combat stims.

2: His abilities are almost all AOE, meaning friendly fire and enemy healing are all entirely possible.
I like to think he made all his crew members injest a little amount of his poison each day so that if they did get in the way the effects wouldn't be nearly as catastrophic.
>>
>>45025714
Oh yeah I guess that'd be okay too?

I'll be Admiral Kurokumo because my cages are black and I trap my foes like a spider's web.

Fortress,you can be Admiral Ashigewani, the Grey Crocodile, and Blade can be Admiral Gintaka, the Silver Falcon
>>
>>45025767
works for me
can anyone think of any creative applications for blade powers, because from where i'm standing they seem pretty cut and dry
>>
>>45025767
I think that Haiirokame, the Ashen Turtle, suits the idea of a stone fortress better. But I dunno I just googled that shit.
>>
>>45025767
If we are doing marines Vice-Admiral Shitake, the Mossy Beetle, reporting in sir!

If not Head Doctor Shitake here. Don't breathe too deeply now, I puff when I sweat.
>>
File: IchigoTriesToFigureOutANewJutsu.jpg (106 KB, 500x689) Image search: [Google]
IchigoTriesToFigureOutANewJutsu.jpg
106 KB, 500x689
>>45025765
I like that a lot, actually. I imagine his biggest way of powering up is learning how to make new spores?
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

This time I'm rolling for a bountyhunter who's gonna chase those shitty Stageshow Pirates and collect their heads.
>>
>>45025792
Blade doesn't have to be made of steel. The ability to turn anything into/conjure a blade sounds much better
It starts off with simple wood, Metal, stone, Metal, ect but eventually evolves to light, wind, and other cool shit.
Nigga you can have Unlimited Blade Works as a devil fruit.
>>
>>45025792
>they seem pretty cut and dry
Well you're edging ahead on the pun front already.
>>
>>45025822
fuck, i was thinking of it too much like Mr. 1's powers
>>45025832
well, you're certainly a sharp one
i like the cut f your jib
>>
File: SupaSupanoMi.jpg (89 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
SupaSupanoMi.jpg
89 KB, 768x576
>>45025822
Pretty sure it's this fruit. So it's just steel and turning yourself into metal blades.

Which is fucking hardcore, mind you.
>>
>>45025811
That and more focused release of the spores. Physical contact allows him to inject them into your skin but he's definitely not a close range fighter.

So far I see his repertoire at the moment as sleep, paralysis, different levels of poison, powder that explodes when touched by fire, rage enducing spores, healing, and various combat stims.
>>
>>45025856
if he can awaken he can turn stuff around him into blades.

Then maybe with training he can turn blades that are not made only of metal.
>>
>>45025856
...Annd he was partnered with a girl with Spike fruit.
Funny how RNG practically recreated the pair here.
>>
>>45025859
Thanks Pokemon.
>>
>>45025856
I agree. Definitely not a bad fruit. Perhaps as the fruits power grows he becomes harder metals? Capping out at, against all odds, seastone (or adamantium)
>>
>>45025878
or some insane alloy of the two
>>
File: Carlos3.jpg (147 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
Carlos3.jpg
147 KB, 650x433
>>45025813
Let me guess. They showed you up?
>>
>>45025869
Hey man, pokemon has some good ideas. >>45025878
>>
>>45025885
May God have mercy on our enemies if it comes to that.
>Adamantium Seastone haki-enhanced blade hands
>>
>>45025888
Nah, after a show on his home island we ran a train on his wife.
>>
>>45025813
>Pocket Pocket
Sounds more like a jealous rival stage magician that got upstaged by the crew
>>
>>45025897
Wouldn't turning yourself into Seastone fuck you up, though?
>>
>>45025897
on the day i obtain that power, i shall earn the name "helmsplitter"
>>
>>45025903
And all I got to show for it is the shitty Hammerspace Pocket Fruit. Fuck.
>>
Rolled 32, 96 = 128 (2d100)

Rolling for a good cop bad cop marines duo.
>>
>>45025911
>Pockets the Magician attempts to sabotage the performance by pocketing all their props, backdrops, and scripts
>The Neverland Pirates put on a play about making a play completely improvised
>Everyone fucking loves it
>Pockets grumbles to himself and slips into a pocket dimension in his bowler hat, plotting his next scheme to foil his rivals.
>>
>>45025922
Hammerspace ain't shitty, animu grills have been using and abusing it's great power for decades.
>>
>>45025932
Good Cop: 32 Clear Clear
Bad Cop: 96 Logia - Paper

So good one is nowhere to be seen while the bad one is literally the book.
Perfect metaphor for Marines here we got.
>>
>>45025932
Good cop has the invisibility fruit and bad cop has a paper logia.

Not too shabby. Must make jokes about the paperwork often.
>>
File: Pfffhahaha.jpg (15 KB, 199x186) Image search: [Google]
Pfffhahaha.jpg
15 KB, 199x186
>>45025934
Anon, you're fucking destroying me here.
>>
>>45025941
I imagine you actually have to store shit in there for it to be handy. And with how strong people are in OP you could just carry that shit around with you without pockets.
>>
>>45025955
Damn nigga that's cold hard truth right there.
>>
>>45025960
>Pockets decides to go back to his home town and show them how much he's improved his act
>Arrives only to see posters splattered everywhere for the Neverland Pirates performing Les Miserables
>Becomes deeply saddened. Even here those wraskily playwrights continue to upstage him
>Cut to after the performance, crowd is enjoying themselves and its Pockets turn.
>Nervously goes in front of the crowd and does some very impressive tricks like pulling his head out of his pants pockets and such but it is obviously not as good an act as the Neverland crew.
>Pockets begins to give up on his dream when suddenly a standing ovation.
>Spirits renewed, Pockets continues his chase after the Neverland Pirates, the first prize ribbon sitting proudly on his chest.
>The Neverland Pirates exchange fist bumps. They did a good thing today setting up a win for good ol' Pockets.
>>
>>45025878
>>45025822
how about a little of both, i can create blades out of objects of similar mass, with the metal and blade quality increasing as i grow in power?
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

Rolling for the suffering cabinboy who was kidnapped and forced to work on a ship and found a fruit in the hold that nobody had eaten and stole it to eat but it tasted horrible so it must have been rotten which I guess is why nobody ate it and fuck I'm still a slave what do?
>>
>>45026014
hide, apparently
unless you reroll, then all bets are off
>>
>>45026014
Oops. Chameleon.

This can only mean one thing... Sorry previous chameleon guy I didn't mean for you to die
>>
>>45026009
It'd even be easy, dang.

>Disguiser becomes someone else, starts clapping
>Chameleon vanishes, starts clapping
>Echo multiplies all the clapping sounds

God damn, fights with these guys would basically be how Naruto should've been. Mindgames, stealth, and deceit from start to finish.
>>
>>45026026
>Shitake the sporeman learns hallucinagenic spores
Oh man, this shit is going to be cuhrazy.
>>
>>45026021
If someone could make the Giraffe fruit work to enhance their swordsmanship, Chameleon would be lethal. He'd always have an eye on you, could fight on damn near any surface, and a tongue that could probably take your head off.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>45026022
Since I don't want the chameleon dude to be dead I'll reroll for poor cabin boy. Shame, chameleon would have been handy for a timid soul like him.
>>
>>45026013
actually, nah, just going with a prototype style blade arm, way more simple
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

Alright lets do this. Rolling for... Lets say OUTRAGEOUSLY BOMBASTIC guy.
>>
>>45026044
And yet I still cannot swim away from this ship I am imprisoned upon. Alas.
>>
>>45026044
I like to think that the Swim-Swim fruit turns you into a Fishman that corresponds with your personality.
>>
>>45026057
> 51 Gender Gender
...who originally was a girl that deeply envied men's ability to grow chest hair.

>>45026062
It's one of the canons, isn't it? Swimming through any solid surfaces.
>>
>>45026057
Who can apparently become an OUTRAGEOUSLY BOMBASTIC WOMAN?!
>>
>>45026068
Oh man you're right! Cabin Boy is Mr. Pink! Fuck yeah, go Cabin Boy!
>>
>>45026062
But he still can't swim in the water.

Its a canon fruit. You can swim through any solid surface.
>>
>>45026060
Well, i guess you'll have to hope your captors have a run-in with the Navy
>>
>>45026060
Well you'll be able to GTFO the moment they dock anywhere.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

Just for lulz, octopus woman spearmaster character of mine gets a fruit.
>>
>>45026107
84 Badger

Giant monstrous BADGERTOPUS shall strike fear in all the land dwellers.
>>
>>45025614
Gotta any stories? Who's in the crew? I'm guessing very One Piece characters?
>>
Alright Neverland Pirates, I think it's time we elect a captain! I, Shitake, will oversee the voting.
Everyone cast your votes! I'll have a different color spore for each contestant!
>>
>>45025614
>/tg/ crew on the One Piece forum role play

I, uh. Huh. ...Link?
>>
>>45025614
>>45026120
Oh is that the one in which a bunch of new players are uniting in a huge-ass crew in order to be able to challenge the old and established player cliques?
>>
>>45026126
Who've we got again? The Disguising Actor, The Chameleon Set Guy, Echo the Sound Guy, Shitake the Spore-Spewing Doctor, and I think something about a wireframe shipwright?
>>
>>45026155
>>45026126
I cast my vote for the disguising actor. The lead actor must always be the lead role, and thus the captain!
>>
>>45026155
Yeah that's about it.

>disguise guy is captain
>but he is always in disguise as somebody else of the crew
>>
>>45026155
Disguise
Chameleon
Echo
Shitake
Wireframe
Fortress
Blade
And maybe some others I forgot.
>>
>>45026155
Wireframe, shipwright, sea rescue as the only fruitless on the whole team, yea.

+1 for disguise captain.
>>
>>45026182
>Fortress
>Blade
also cage
are we marines or pirates?
>>
Roll for a fruit and then trying to come up with a guy following the thematic WITHOUT having a fruit, relying only on regular zany bullshit

>>45026200
>>45026182
Fortress, Blade, Candy were kinda non-thematic and through to switch to marines due to more serious themes.
>>
>>45026165
>>45026180
>>45026196
And I think that's enough votes for it to be locked in! As you can see by the three color fluctuating spores beside me, Disguise is our trusted Captain! Even though we know not his name, may he lead our ship on the river of stars!
>>
>>45026211
Fuck, forgot dice.

Eh I'll take 11. Soap.
So, a guy with soap gun, he sprays it all over everything and skates around. Eye irritant, the works.
>>
>>45026133
>>45026155

Well, it can't be Chameleon, because the Captain's gotta be confident and outgoing. And it can't be Shitake, because while I love that guy having your doctor fight the strongest member of enemy crews all the time is just asking for trouble.

It's gotta be either Disguise for CONFIDENCE, or Echo for MIGHTY COMMANDS.

>>45026200
Neverland Crew is pirates, who probably engage in direct combat as little as possible, instead opting for mind tricks, stealth, deceit, and straight up shenanigans. I imagine Disguise is able to shift his own body type at will, and knows a huge range of different fighting styles that he can take advantage of through his ability to change his own body type into the ideal for certain ways of fighting.
>>
>>45026211
Sell, I've already got Shitake so lets make a navigator.

A young girl, around 12, who has a natural affinity for insects. She talks to them as if they were people and lets them all sit in her giant afro of red hair. She uses them for scouting ahead to find islands and to detect changes in the weather before they happen. Not very helpful in a fight unless she's picked up some dangerous bug friends along the way.
>>
>>45026211
No, no, Candy totally works, he could be the chef. We need somebody to make concessions, and sweets will always sell.
>>
>>45026223
I think soap is Kalifa's fruit.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Awa_Awa_no_Mi
>>
>>45026240
oh, no, i meant blade, fortress, and cage specifically
>>45026211
fair enough, marines it is
i'd think the Neverland crew would be on fairly good terms with the local navy, if they didn't fly their colors they could easily be mistaken for a traveling performance crew
>>
>>45026252
True, true. I like it.

I think I'll write up a little story for this. I've grown very attached to this ragtag group of Pirates. Perhaps I'll write the first encounter with Pockets.
>>
>>45026311
Please do, this has been a blast. I'll have to keep these guys in mind.
>>
>>45026292
I know. I did a different thing
>Roll for a fruit and then trying to come up with a guy following the thematic WITHOUT having a fruit, relying only on regular zany bullshit

I.e. using the fruit as an idea seed for a gimmick of a fruit-less character.
>>
Fellow admirals, do you think we need a bit more fleshing out?
also, are cabin boy and octobadger planning on joining either side?
>>
>>45026296
I think the more likely scenario is that they're just so good at what they do they either have enough goodwill to avoid the Marines most of the time, or they're just too good at escaping...which inevitably results in the Terrible Trio, consisting of Blade, Fortress, and Cage, to be dispatched to capture them.

Either way, flying the Jolly Roger seems to be a huge point of pride for every pirate crew, and I can't recall any crew that's ever hidden theirs.
>>
>>45026311
>I've grown very attached to this ragtag group of Pirates.
Yeah, me too. I think I'll adapt them as a group into a superhero game I was planning.

Both for heists and spontaneous performances.

They'd do well for comic relief alongside Pieman I'm stealing from Wearing the Cape.

>>45026344
>marines purse the crew to the harbor
>manage to overtake the escaping pirates
>rush to take over their ship
>surprise, the ship is fake, the rushing crowd of marines lemmings themselves into the water
>their real ship is disguised as another ship a couple docks over
Really good at escaping.

But the question is, do they just do performance acts (perhaps defaming and exposing WG) or do they also commit actual thievery heists?
>>
>>45026344
>the arc where the whole crew is captured by the terrible trio except for Wireframe and Shitake, who must intercept the marine ship before it reaches Impel Down.
>That awesome fight scene between the Wireframe and Blade
>>
>>45026367
They're pirates, Anon. While I'm sure they absolutely love their shows, they probably serve an ulterior motive of giving them a chance to rob [Local source of wealth] blind.
>>
>>45026367
I think they only do Robin Hood-esque theft from people who don't need it or are just assholes I'm general. They actually make their money honestly from tickets and concession food, apart from a little pickpocketing.
>>
>>45026373
Blade would totally be up for that, honorable duels are his bread and butter
>>
>>45026373
>The arc where Pockets is forced to team up with The Neverland Pirates to fight a vicious tyrant who hates all forms of fun.
>The scene where Pockets smuggles the whole crew into his throne room under his bowler hat
>>
>>45026413
Not sure how well Wireframe would accommodate though.
The whole crew is geared towards misdirection and avoidance.
Hell, can't even tie down a guy that is sword all over.

Unless he steals some seastone chains or something.
>>
>>45026459
I have no doubt that Wireframe carries seastone wires with him at all times, if only to wrestle up his rowdy crew members. He's totally the straight man and most serious of the group.
>>
>>45026459
he typically goes for a single arm transformed into a large blade, his fighting style's more suited to a one-handed saber than an entire body's worth of blades
assuming you could bind him quickly enough, and whatever you used had enough tensile strength
and chances are, he's vastly underestimating Wireframe
>>
File: REEEEE.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
REEEEE.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>45020571
God damn, what the fuck is up with that pic OP? It's shit like that that makes me hate Japanimation more than anything in the world.
>>
>>45026454
>The tyrant is actually a celestial dragon
>That's why the three admirals are there
>Pockets stays behind to hold off Fortress
>>
>>45026496
It's not animation. It's freaky world of freaky people. Double elbows are on purpose. As are the piano teeth. And he actually plays magical music with it.
>>
>>45025302
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.