[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: Grimnir vs Vulcatrix.jpg (908 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Grimnir vs Vulcatrix.jpg
908 KB, 2048x1536
>resources
pastebin.com/P7jvSR5p

Something new?!
>Battle Point System by GW Warsaw(!?)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B41nlpReTCSlMUJWZ1Vvd2F6ZkU/view?pref=2&pli=1

This one fit my taste, pool system with summoning house rule.
>>
>>45016083

Dwarf Warriors(4;+1) cost the same as Hammerers(4) and Ironbreakers(4) unless there are 20+ then they cost more.

Quarrellers are (5;+1) and Thunderers are (6;+1).

OK.
>>
>>45017416
>Dwarf Warriors(4;+1) cost the same as Hammerers(4) and Ironbreakers(4)

Warriors(4) for 10 models, Hammerers and Ironbreaker are (4) for 5 models, sound reasonable(but not accurate). BTW, Warriors cost (9) for 20 models.

Not sure about Quarrellers and Thunderers thru.
>>
>>45016083
That artwork looks really cool.

Why the hell can't we get dwarf or salamander models that actually look like that?
>>
Should I buy the starter box for 70 euros ( 75.96995 U.S. dollars)?
>>
File: zQueek died for this.png (503 KB, 862x1266) Image search: [Google]
zQueek died for this.png
503 KB, 862x1266
Reminder that all the Skaven named heroes are gone, soon all named characters

>Queek died for this shit
>>
>>45020934
Only if you want both Khorne and Sigmarine models.
>>
>>45020934
Nothing valuable in there really unless you want the Khorne models, sigmarine's can be bought seperately.

Pick one of the getting started boxes, they are a good saving, especially the lizardman one
>>
>>45021154

I thought of getting the Lizardman one, but I actually dig the new Fyreslayers too. I might be in the minority with that opinion though, I've seen mostly negative things said about their design here and on other places.
>>
File: Spurdmar XDDDDDDD.png (378 KB, 833x463) Image search: [Google]
Spurdmar XDDDDDDD.png
378 KB, 833x463
Dead game, dead thread.
>>
>>45022363
>>45017330

Well then.. I may have some money to collect..
>>
>>45020947
good riddance, filthy disgusting thaggoraki
>>
File: Zectoka.jpg (437 KB, 1047x1367) Image search: [Google]
Zectoka.jpg
437 KB, 1047x1367
>>45020947

From my understanding, they want to get rid of the name of the characters except for few important ones, so that the player and them can create whatever heroes or character they want using whatever model they want.

For example on the Lizardmen\Seraphon Battletome there is this Slann named Zectoka, that I personally don't like, but if someone want to use ita can simply paint him the same way.

I have mixed opinions on this choice, from one part we lose the uniqueness of many heroes, form the other part we have now limitless possibilities for the creation of new characters; and in the end one can simply continue to call that model with the old name and think up a story to how he survived.
>>
>>45025625
>we have now limitless possibilities for the creation of new characters
We had that before....
>>
Still no Fyreslayers Battletome?
>>
>>45025625
>
From my understanding, they want to get rid of the name of the characters except for few important ones, so that the player and them can create whatever heroes or character they want using whatever model they want.

What? And you couldn't do that before?
>>
inb4 "AoS has no fluff, AoS fluff is shit tier"

I thought the whole point of the Age of Sigmar plot was the forces of order finally getting their shit together and having a chance against chaos. Now its the same shit as end times, with Chaos winning more than they should, having a massive number and terrain advantage, and Archaon is ALREADY jumping back into the fight? And they already have the end written out with Archaon winning and taking Ghal Maraz? Stupid, just stupid. They should have kept the forces of chaos on the defensive like they did in the starter book, not have them go right back to a big scary force closing in on sigmar and his allies. Again.
>>
File: PremiumArt.jpg (863 KB, 1540x2000) Image search: [Google]
PremiumArt.jpg
863 KB, 1540x2000
>>45020928
That's about as good as it gets the rest is like pic related.
>>
File: Atoadaso.png (16 KB, 761x274) Image search: [Google]
Atoadaso.png
16 KB, 761x274
>>45016083
Dead game.
>>
>>45026033
Wow.

That's... um...

Less good.
>>
>>45026029

>They should have kept the forces of chaos on the defensive like they did in the starter book

Sound stagnant, like the-world-that-was. I think that, most different feature between AoS and WHFB, the former plot line is suppose to progress steadily.

>And they already have the end written out with Archaon winning and taking Ghal Maraz

Avoid anything about Archaon, or we will summon carnac?!
>>
>>45025689
>>45025994
Not that guy, but I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding. What I think he meant, is that characters you make in AoS are, in battle, more interesting than characters you make in WHFB. For example, in WHFB I could take a bretonnian lord and make all sorts of fluff and stuff for him, but in game he would just be some dude swinging a sword around. If AoS did anything right, it was make all heroes interesting to use in battle through abilities and command abilities.
>>
>>45017330
dead game
>>
So now we know what's in the space between the realms: fuckoff huge rats.

>>45026111
Dem trips.
>>
>>45026033
This looks like something you could find on some backwater deviant art page.
>>
>>45026041

dead game.
>>
>>45026033
So what do they make at the Mortuary Factory? Corpses? Do you think they were pissed when it started raining free corpses?

>>45026029
It's clear someone at GW like Archaon, because the amount of jerking off he get's through the roof. There's this part in one of the book where they go on about how Archaon has destroyed all these other universes, but it has no effect on the old setting or the new one. It's pointless. It was just thrown in there so some twatty writer can go "Look how cool and awesome Archaon is. He could beat up a million God-Emperors and shut up, Storm of Chaos never happened."

It's reach the point that Archaon is no longer a mary sue and is now one of those god awful, ultra edgy Sonic the Hedgehog fan characters.

Archaon the Hedgeheg, I guess.
>>
>>45026154
Are you kidding?
In WHFB I had 200 points to customize my vampire lord to exactly what I wanted fluff wise.

She could have been a lahmian seductress super wizard.
Or he could have been a blood knight, with unrivaled martial prowess BEFORE he became an unliving killing machine.
Or the slow, indomitable, inevitable warlord crossing the board who just would not stay dead.
Or the once proud noble falling further and further as he becomes more and more the monster from children's tales.

Vampires these days have the option to take a horse.

Once upon a time they had a whole list of vampiric traits to go with a massive slew of item upgrades that could drastically change the character on the tabletop.
>>
>>45026218
You have a point, but I'm not sure I got my point across well enough. I mean, I played dwarfs in WHFB and I would always give my dwarf lord lots of runes because I liked to have powerful heroes. But in the end, he was nothing more than a beatstick and my points were usually better off being spent elsewhere. In AoS, heroes contribute more to your army as a whole than just being a beatstick. Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way?
>>
>>45021214
I love their lore.
>>45025625
I approve, when AoS started I feared it would be nothing but big names but as I have no intrest in playing I'm not the target audience.
>>45026029
>And they already have the end written out with Archaon winning and taking Ghal Maraz
Wait what? How does that make business sense? Are they addicted to killing off settings now?
>>
>>45026269
I just don't see at all how removing named characters or removing customization helps that at all.
>>
>>45026291
I think named characters have been removed so new ones can be added. Major ones still exist. Sigmarines and Firedorfs don't have any named ones. That's it. Everybody else so far has had named ones.
>>
>>45026277
There isn't. There is one picture of Archaon reaching out to Ghal Maraz. In WD it has the description of "Archaon reaches out to Ghal Maraz, but is this the past or the future?".

Nothing has been planned and even if Chaos wins (and remember, Chaos winning has been a staple since 3rd edition WHFB) why does it matter? Game dies, everybody is happy.
>>
>>45026277
In WHFB we knew the end times was going to happen, it was inevitable since the beginning that chaos would win. Now we know the ending of AoS, and its pretty much the same thing but with no chance at coming back. They destroyed the old setting to make this new one, and then kept a very similar storyline. Stormcast eternal Wank? not even close to chaos wank. If anything they created the stormcast eternals just give Archaon a tougher enemy to add to his ridiculous list of victories
>>
>reading Firedorfs
>Mentions one hold works with the "Shadowkin" in the Ugulu lands or whatever, and they've learnt to fight clandestine wars from the "Shroudling Kings".

Sounds like Bel'lakor has replaced Malal/Malice as the Anti-Chaos Chaos. Which makes sense, I guess.

As for the rest, it says human, elves and dorfs leave Azyrheim to fight battles as well. So that confirms once again that the analogue of the Empire will return.

Slayers are also mentioned a bit. Slaaneshi Daemons are mentioned.

Thing I don't get is, do they have normal kids? So is it still man dorf + female dorf? It mentions families, but no actual women. But I assume so?

Also, the Grimwrath Berzerker is OP as fuck. 3+ 4+ -1 D3 with 4 attacks each. Plus if he dies, he gets to finish his turn anyway. Plus ONCE PER TURN he can ATTACK TWICE. How the fuck is that fair? He can dish out 24 damage in one go.

Grail Knights and Saurus might shrug it off due to Grail Knights having +1 save (though think it's only if they charge) and Saurus ignore -1 rends.

Also, I hope Forge World give Magma Dragons to Firedorfs. That'd be cool as fuck.
>>
File: namari_93410.jpg (44 KB, 233x330) Image search: [Google]
namari_93410.jpg
44 KB, 233x330
>>45026370
>So is it still man dorf + female dorf?

"Amsaralka was breathtakingly beautiful. He took in her massive shoulders, her strong, heavy miner's arms. Her feet were delightfully huge, and he suspected the toes (he often dreamt of her toes, when life was slow) hidden behind her steel toe-caps to be exquisitely blunt. Her hair was gathered into two tresses, thick as an ogor's golden torcs, and as lustrous. Her face was wide and square, her eyes attractively far apart. She had a broad mouth and full lips, behind which hid white teeth as evenly placed as bricks."

What the fuck!? I don't expect AoS close to attach, but duardins women just too horri...
>>
>>45026369
>Now we know the ending of AoS
Nah, it's still conjecture. At best I'd say we have hints of how the first season (the realmgate wars) end.
>>
>>45026173
There's an Ants nest between the realms?
>>
>>45026204
>It's clear someone at GW like Archaon, because the amount of jerking off he get's through the roof.

He's the big bad, and so needs to be set up as threatening.

>There's this part in one of the book

His own book, go to any book of any faction and you'll see them portrayed positively.

>Archaon has destroyed all these other universes, but it has no effect on the old setting or the new one. It's pointless.

Its effect is to increase his menace and to have him do things since the world was destroyed.
>>
>>45026338
Stormcast have the Celestant Prime.
>>
>>45026349
>In WD it has the description of "Archaon reaches out to Ghal Maraz, but is this the past or the future?".

It's obviously the future. Archaon is far more heavily mutated and has never had the opportunity to take up Ghal Maraz since he blew up the old world.
>>
>>45026370
>Sounds like Bel'lakor has replaced Malal/Malice as the Anti-Chaos Chaos. Which makes sense, I guess.

Why would you think that? There's a whole realm dedicated to Shadow stuff that isn't Be'lakor.
>>
>>45026609
>He's the big bad, and so needs to be set up as threatening.
There is a difference between set up as threatening and being jerked to...
>>
>>45026679
Nope. You only imagine that he is being jerked to because you hate him.
>>
>>45026154

mega-bait roflmao, all fucking characters are the exact same in aos, with the exact same command abilities, the luckier ones can choose a weapon or a horse. compare that to the woc gifts/OK big names/vampiric powers/etc. not to mention the fuckload of magic items, both common and army books
>>
>buy a box of empire
>Marauders are getting rebased
>literally abandon the thought of a new army one box in
I feel bad now.
>>
>>45026369
>In WHFB we knew the end times was going to happen, it was inevitable since the beginning that chaos would win.

I don't think it is true at all. What if the Great Plan worked?
>>
I want to buy Beastmen battalions at some point but now it's on last chance. Here's hoping they're just rebasing.
>>
>>45027188
Could be worse.

I was 3 boxes in to a new Space Wolf army when GW released the last lot of crap for them. I took one look at the flying dog head, the sleigh, and MURDERFANG and abandoned the idea.
>>
>>45027195
According to Tuomas Pirinen, the creator of Archaon. The doom of The Old World is inevitable, and Archaon was supposed to suicide after that.
>>
>>45027195
The only way the grew plan has a chance at succeeding is if the lizardmen wipe out the skaven, all the chaos human worshipers, beastmen, orcs, and chaos created monsters. Then they have to get all the humans back into the old world, so no more Cathay, ind, or nippon. Then they got to put all the elves back on ulthuan, and get all the dwarfs back to the worlds edge mountains. Only lizardmen sank to the extreme degree would let that happen, at least chaos sank was expected
>>
>>45027469
*great plan
*Wank
dammit
>>
File: Wussupdwarffag.png (162 KB, 830x974) Image search: [Google]
Wussupdwarffag.png
162 KB, 830x974
>>45024971
Mad-Upset Dwarf-thing detected
>>
>>45026029

It's just to hype up Archaon so that he's a worthy opponent for Sigmar. The Stormcast are winning pretty much everywhere and the Slann are the next coming of raptor Jesus.
>>
>>45026349
Thanks for clearing that up, I know they have some 8 year story planned so it didn't seem impossible that the ending would slip out somehow.
>>
>>45026642

He and Sigmar both ended the world reaching for Ghal Maraz and falling into the RoC.
>>
>>45027331

Why? You don't have to use them
>>
>>45026620
Not named as, say, Valkira the Bloody, or Syclla, or Lord Kroak.

>>45026664
The first AoS book says something like "something rises in the Shadowlands" and is next to a picture of what looks like Be'lakor.

>>45026642
I thought when they were hanging on the edge together, they both reached for Ghal Maraz? Also, couldn't it be something he did during the time between worlds. Furthermore, do you think it's beyond GW to go

>Archaon wins
>Smites Sigmar down
>ahaha I am all powerful!
>picks up Ghal Maraz
>Ghal Maraz does that "if they have any good in them it makes them to the Forging blah blah"
>Archaon remembers why he turned from Sigmar in the first place, realises his mistake
>takes up Ghal Maraz and turns on Chaos

>>45027850
All we know is GW has planned to make AoS a long term thing. What length that means, we don't know. I'm not too fussed, I'm enjoying the stuff that's coming out, the Firedorfs are pretty cool (despite the constant 'hur dur shit models', I think the Magmadroth is pretty sweet) in fluff.

I have nothing to lose by following.
>>
>>45028190
The Celestant-Prime is a unique character like those. We just don't know his original name. Probably a plot point.
>>
>>45028190
>I have nothing to lose by following.

Everyone has something to lose in anyone supporting this game and GW in general. They need a wake up call and AoS tanking could well be it.
Luckily it's tanking anyway, without your help.
>>
>>45028250
You know I was really hopeful when I heard the first talk of AoS.

I mean, c'mon, free and less complicated rules, it could have been great.

But with GW's piss poor implementation I do have to kinda hope it does flop hard and be the slap to the face GW need to get themselves back on track.
>>
File: Muh spy.png (517 KB, 984x742) Image search: [Google]
Muh spy.png
517 KB, 984x742
>>45020947
>Pre-order Chaos battletome out of hype, was enjoying the game and my Skaven, eager to see the lore and hoping for new units
>GW pulls this shit.

I'm going to continue to enjoy the game but i don't think i'll be buying any of their books from now on, not like i ever really bought much from them ever

If the dickheads are going to kill my characters, then i'll kill my support. Fuck AoS honestly, the game is fun but the fluff is beyond fucked, i also hope it tanks just to show GW how badly they fucked up.
>>
>>45028250
GW's wake-up call has been ringing for several hours now. Unfortunately it's still sprawled comatose next to the hotel room toilet bowl and has yet to discover that the 'exotic masseuse' it ordered last night has escaped with its wallet, its phone, and its trousers and also was a man.
>>
>>45028613
If that track is composed entirely of Space Marines then yes they will fall back on track if AoS fails.
>>
>>45028768
They will add new characters you can enjoy.
>>
>>45028850
They will add non-unique generically named heroes such as the Gaunt summoner you mean. they might be good, but their impact on the world doesn't go beyond the small bit of text in the warscroll.

If GW wants us to care about the lore and make a story worth telling how can they avoid named characters? who are we supposed to recognize as the leaders or figureheads of each race? who does what and why should we care?

It's like having LOTR without Frodo or Gandalf for fucks sake
>>
>>45028950
But muh Vandus Hammerhand.
>>
>>45028950
I haven't bothered with any of the BL stuff but a lot of the new fluff from where I am sitting seems to be focused on WAR, as if the GW studio took that whole 'there is only war' thing to heart.

It seems to be a problem across all of GW and it's infected BL and FW too, they seem to be wanting to focus less on civilian life and the little details that give a setting life in favor of X fought Y at Z.
>>
>>45027859
Don't be blind.

The text in the BT says that he reached fir the hammer after he defeated Sigmar. Also the Archaon in the picture is Demigod Archaon.
>>
>>45028768

The alternative is every fucking WHFB miraculously surviving the end of the world.

Good on GW for having the guts to let them stay dead.
>>
>>45028850

like vordus hammerdick and khororogotoroth the bloodsucker of goreblood? no ty
>>
>>45026173
What is the source of this pic? My google-fu is garbage, could not find it.
>>
File: Eren-jaeger.jpg (59 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
Eren-jaeger.jpg
59 KB, 690x388
>Read the Fyreslayrer story collection
>mfw that ANIMMMEEE moment
>Ur-gold runes spark and blaze in the protagonist\s flesh.
>ANIIIIME MODE ACTIVATED
>He slaughtered the Chaos hordes like they were nothing but chafe
>A stunted unstoppable whirlwind of destruction

Hell, yeah. A unique Dwarfen faction of literal HYPE and ANIME junkies. Finally someone got the Dwarfs right.

Anyways, has the Fyreslayer BT been uploaded yet? Some anon said that he would do it instead of me at the moment of its release. If he didn't, then I would be disappointed. I might have to do it myself. Our Lord and Master Swigmar knows, I am the only one around here who supports him!
>>
>>45029403
>every fucking WHFB miraculously surviving the end of the world.
>every

Yes because feast or famine is the only option you stupid fuck. God forbid they thin down the herd and use that to pour effort into what remains.

Enjoy your nigmos i guess
>>
>>45029514
Leaked WD page.
>>
>>45029482
Vandus and Korghos rivalry is definitely interesting.

Thostos descent through Reforging is also interesting.

Gardus and Bolathrax are also interesting, the first takes a trip through the Garden of Nurgle while the second is overtly talkative about true names of the other Daemons of Nurgle.

Vermanalax is the Verminlord with a plan! Which is turning Ararielle into a Skaven.
>>
>>45029482
No.

Like Ushkar FUCKING Mir

RIP

Also the Archaon's Nine Daemon Sorcerers are very nice.
>>
>>45026694

And you clearly think he's the greatest thing to happen to Warhammer fantasy. Which one of you is more full of shit?
>>
>>45027872

Why bother when they are clearly setting up an awful design ethos with that batch of models. You look at the new Wulfen and can see they are just as bad as that last batch.
>>
>>45029637
>Plan is to turn the goddess of life into a giant walking rat
Skaven are such saturday morning cartoon villains, and I fucking love them for it.

>>45029646
Such a shame they didn't run with that. He could have been a really interesting character.
>>
>>45029752
It's a female goddess of life turned into a skaven.

That would pretty much spell out the Skaven endgame for the multiverse.
>>
File: glad i brought my hat.gif (71 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
glad i brought my hat.gif
71 KB, 480x270
>>45026033

>rain of corpses
>>
>>45028190
>Not named as, say, Valkira the Bloody, or Syclla, or Lord Kroak.

His name is the Celestant Prime. His human name is still unknown, but he is a unique named character.

>>45028190
>The first AoS book says something like "something rises in the Shadowlands" and is next to a picture of what looks like Be'lakor.

That's Malerion, aka Malekith, Incarnate of Shadow.

>>45027859
>He and Sigmar both ended the world reaching for Ghal Maraz and falling into the RoC.
>>45028190
>I thought when they were hanging on the edge together, they both reached for Ghal Maraz?

Sigmar had Ghal Maraz. And the Archaon shown reaching for it in the vision is a more evolved form than even the AoS version.
>>
>>45029922
>His name is the Celestant Prime. His human name is still unknown, but he is a unique named character.
I guess he's Karl Franz or Valten. Do you think we'll find out?
>>
>>45029922
>That's Malerion, aka Malekith, Incarnate of Shadow.
People says that Malerion is Malekith fused with Seraphon, his dragon. Where can I find the source of it?
>>
>>45030057
>I guess he's Karl Franz or Valten.

Nope, he was a King in the Mortal Realms. Those niggers were long dead.

>Do you think we'll find out?

Sure.

>>45030075
>People says that Malerion is Malekith fused with Seraphon, his dragon. Where can I find the source of it?

You'll find it nowhere, it's mere supposition. As far as we know Malerion is simply Malekith after getting brainfucked during the End Times.
>>
>>45030159
>As far as we know Malerion is simply Malekith after getting a copyrighted name.

He will get some bullshit story to make it work.
>>
>>45030189
>He will get some bullshit story to make it work.

It already works, we see him getting fucked a the end of Archaon.
>>
>>45030159
>>45030189
Oh, so it's not official? 1d4chan states
>Malerion (formerly Malekith- his name was changed due to copyright issues, also the fact that he fused with his dragon)
but I was looking pretty much everywhere but could not find a thing. Do we have anything more about Malekith and Morathi beside this little blurb in the main book?
>>
File: Dorf.jpg (166 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Dorf.jpg
166 KB, 800x800
How the fuck do you pronounce this shit?

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Vulkite-Berzerker-Fyrd

Fired? Fird? Ford?

what the fucking shit, gw?
>>
>>45030608
Ctrl-C Ctrl-V
PREMIUM miniatures.
Did you see the wolfen miniatures coming out for 40k hahahahahahah
>>
>>45030608

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOr1hbA5zjU
>>
>>45030608
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyrd
>>
>>45030297
They both hate each other and only work together because they have common interests
Also Morathi has a retinue of shadow daemons, so she maybe powerful and have an important role when they get round the elves
>>
>>45030900
>>45030946

Okay, so fired? How the fuck am I supposed to know how to pronounce Anglo-Saxon words?
>>
>>45031006
>How the fuck am I supposed to know how to pronounce Anglo-Saxon words?

By performing a simple google search?
>>
>>45030985
>elves
>>
>>45030985
>Also Morathi has a retinue of shadow daemons

When? She was being tormented by Shadow Daemons.
>>
File: malerion.png (534 KB, 665x315) Image search: [Google]
malerion.png
534 KB, 665x315
>>45031167
Pic related

Also bacchanal means "a wild and drunken celebration", unless they were celebrating while torturing Morathi
>>
>>45030608

ach, hans run, it's the MIRRORDORF!!!
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>45031333
>he could not control his solidarity
Fnarf.
>>
File: CJosCgSUcAAmMwE[1].png (202 KB, 344x461) Image search: [Google]
CJosCgSUcAAmMwE[1].png
202 KB, 344x461
>>45030297
>Oh, so it's not official?

First fluff book. Quest for that hammer.
It stats that Malerion is disembodied until its hate gives him a new form. Nothing about a fusion but there that picture near by. Then he found his mother who allied with native Shadow Realm creatures.
Later he went with Tyrion to fuck Slaanesh and ruined with his noncaring alltogether with Nagash and Gorkamorka Sigmars patheon.

That's all we know.
>>
>>45032116
Okay maybe main book not hammer quest book.
>>
>>45032116
I'm very happy if that's the new Malerion.
>>
>>45032267
Actually it's too much Illidan for me. But if I reread the other pic that could be Morathi too...
>>
>>45032622
It's Malerion.
>>
File: 3xl.jpg (191 KB, 920x599) Image search: [Google]
3xl.jpg
191 KB, 920x599
Contents of Chaos Grand Alliance book from GW site.
>>
>>45033059
>how do i use book
I still think its retarded the skaven are in 5 different groups now, but that block of Slaneesh stuff looks tasty
>>
>>45033059
Wonder why there's two variants of the herald of khorne. Can't be that one's on the chariot, that's a separate warscroll below.

Otherwise not seeing any surprises jumping out at me.
>>
>>45032116
Yeah, I know that much. I was just asking about anything official on fusing with Seraphon.
>>
Extremely new to this so I apologize if there's an obvious answer.

I have two armies I pulled out of the basement: Orcs and Daemons of Nurgle.

I've made up to 600pts lists using the PPC or PPT or whatever it's called comp.

The Orcs have this insane shit where if they take a Warboss and a Black Orc Big Boss, a big mob of Orcs and some Black Orcs, everything buffs each other.

The Warboss can give everyone +1 attacks, the Big Boss gives the Blacks +1 to hit, the Warboss gives the Big Boss +1 to hit...

The Nurgle army doesn't seem to have anything like that.

> tl;dr How do you make a Nurgle Daemon army killier?
>>
>>45033397
One on Jugger, one on foot.
>>
>>45033543
Nurgle isn't necessarily about being the killiest.

They are about being tough as hell to kill.
>>
>>45033181
6 armies: Masterclan, Verminus, Skryre, Moulder, Pestilens, Eshin
>>
>>45033059
Muh skavenslaves.
>>
>>45034172
There is no place for slaves in a world without points.
>>
>>45034211
>There is no place for slaves in a world without values
>>
>>45033059
>Be'lakor

HE IS BACK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpIPAApE8CQ
>>
Fyreslayers Battletome?
>>
File: aos-warscroll-chaos-lord-en.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
aos-warscroll-chaos-lord-en.pdf
1 B, 486x500
DAT reaperblade holy shit
>>
>>45033059
Thanquol is still around.
>>
>>45026033
Maor please. In fact, any artwork you have that isn't Khorne or Sigmar.
>>
When does the giant warscroll repack book even come out? Is there a street date?
>>
>>45026173
Slaanesh was able to fit into a cave on one of those worlds, meaning those rats are unimaginably bigger than the Chaos Gods.
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 700x700
>>45026441
In Fantasy, this was a Dwarf woman of unimaginable beauty.
But its also canon from the same story Dwarfs find no living thing appealing visually unless drunk, so there's that.
>>
>>45029533
Anime mode is a bad thing, anon. They turned my beloved Dawi into short red-haired Elves.
>>
>>45029818
She cut off her hand and made a tree daughter out of it.
Skaven Alarielle could literally shit Abominations and give birth to Vermin Lords.
>>
>>45032116
Wow, he looks like a Beast Wars Transformer.
>>
>>45033875

I kind of figured. But the problem seems to be Orcs just go through them so damn fast. They're tough but no tougher than Orcs desu.
>>
>>45034897

> 3 Attacks with 2 Damage each = 6
> 1 Attack with 2D6 Damage = 7
> Same rolls to Hit and to Wound

It's not all that desu.
>>
>>45035986

For a model like that. He can use his Reaperblade AND his Chaos Sword every turn right?

Like the Beasts of Nurgle can use their tongue attack AND their normal D6 attacks?
>>
>>45036160

Yes, he swings with both of his weapons every turn. But the numbers just aren't that impressive. It has an identical effect to saying:
> Once per game he can reroll 1's to Wound with his Reaperblade.

Identical average damage output. Just makes the results less consistent; potentially much higher, potentially much worse, normally a very, very minor improvement.
>>
>>45036527

K thanks. Still new just making sure I was playing that right.
>>
>>45030608
>dat mirror
>>
File: download-1-.jpg (63 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
download-1-.jpg
63 KB, 500x389
Any one have an opinion on second best getting started box? Obviously Lizardmen is #1
>>
>>45039371
Probably the nurgle box, plague drones are $60 (usd) by themselves and the Herald is 25 . Basically the plague bearers and nurglings are free
>>
File: f.jpg (109 KB, 1075x653) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
109 KB, 1075x653
How does it feel knowing that even people who don't play the game think AoS is fucking terrible?

pic related from a thread on /v/ right now
>>
File: 1453358731144.jpg (1 MB, 1952x3264) Image search: [Google]
1453358731144.jpg
1 MB, 1952x3264
>>45040811
>/v/
>>
>>45041272
>Implying that isnt GW's target audience
>>
>>45036527

I'm not saying I'm expecting it to always be amazing, but the thought that it could one shot a 12 wound monster makes me giddy.
>>
>>45041299
The truth didn't set me free, it just made me sad
>>
>>45041347
>>45036527
His command ability changed, no more summoning.
>>
>>45042714

I like his new command ability.
>>
>>45043160
>his new command ability

Too generic, but fitted the theme of Dark Gods. The new ability is really shine, kill enemy general and ascend into daemon prince, or become spawn when killed.
>>
>>45030189
>>45030159
>>45030297
Malekith is a Dark Elf sorcerer with a mask in Marvel. He came out 1 year after Dark Elves were released in WHFB. The problem is, Malekith wasn't mentioned, afaik, in the Dark Elves book.

That's why it's been changed.
>>
>>45040811
Because they've read what is said on /tg/?

How do you not know that 90% of people who moan about AoS never played WHFB in the first place, let alone invested in it.

Before AoS, you'd post a 40k thread, it'd get replies. You post a WHFB thread, it'd be spammed with "HUR DUR 40K IS BEST" posts.

So no, I don't take what /tg/ says seriously, let alone /v/. They go on 1d4chan for their information, they don't read SHIT. Plus it's full of crossboarders and people pop in here, read what is said by the shitposters and then go back and speak it as fact.

Why do you think we get the "Ork weapons work because they think they should work" meme from? Or "Orks don't get infected by plague because Gork and Mork went and kicked Nurgle about until he said he'd stop infecting Orks"?

It's literal memeing at this point. Read bullshit, regurgitate bullshit, perpetuate bullshit, cycle continues.

The fact people are so autistic enough they can't just leave /AoS/ alone just proves my point even further. People are bored, /v/ likes to shitpost a lot, so they come here.
>>
>>45045016
Yes, of course, this all makes perfect sense.

It has nothing to do with the fact no one locally has played AoS since the month or two after it came out...
>>
File: le fallacy face.png (249 KB, 1168x657) Image search: [Google]
le fallacy face.png
249 KB, 1168x657
>>45045408
not him but...

That also has NOTHING to do with what he said. Guy said people read shit on here and repeat it elsewhere. This is a fact. This cannot be denied. Yet it means nothing when these people never played WHFB in the first place and repeat opinions on the small minority who did.
>>
>>45045408
not him but, here in the northern part of the netherlands, age of sigmar is infinitely more played then fantasy ever was.. hel i used to be a 40keks player myself, stopped, then came back to tabletop gaming for MAXIMUM OVERDWARFING (never liked the whole wheeling and stuff from fantasy)
>>
>>45040811
>Hopefully 8th edition makes 40k better to playthough.

8th times the charm, eh? There are still people with this level of denial?
>>
>Fireslayer Grimir-Gorku : Trust me, boyo, you going to love this. What you are seeing now is my normal state
>*Activates Ur-Gold rune*
>Grimir-Gorku : This is a super Fyreslayer
>*Activates the second Ur-Gold Rune*
>Grimir-Gorku :....and this is super Fyreslayer who ascended past a super Fyreslayer. You can call it super Fyreslayer two.
>Exalted Chaos Champion: Uh ho Uho ho...shiny....
>Chaos Sorcerer : What you useless transformation. You changed your hair and adopted a glow. So what?
>>
File: FyreslAYER.jpg (121 KB, 755x452) Image search: [Google]
FyreslAYER.jpg
121 KB, 755x452
>>45046246
>
>Grimir-Gorku : Heh....just wait.
>Aelf sage : Has he really found away to surpass an ascended Fyreslayer? Is that possible?!
>Stormcast Eternal : He must be bluffing. What would that make him? Double ascended?
>Grimir-Gorku :AND THIS.
>*Calls out to the third third Ur-Gold Rune. Calls out the Grimnir within*...
>Duafrin Lomh Beard : What is he doing?!
>Grimir-Gorku :....IS TO GO FURTHER BEYOND!
>*The third blazes into life*
Grimir-Gorku : AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>*The blazes of the third rune intensives, enveloping the Fyreslayer in in a ball of fire fiercer than any sun*
>Auric Runefather : No, stop it, Gorku! If you do this now it will drain away all the time you have left in the realms, and I say you need every second as it is!
>Grimnir -Gorku : AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>Aelf sage : Unreal! How is he generating that much power?!
>Stormcast Eterna; : I..It'stoo much!
>*The ball of fire becomes a pillar of fire*
>Auric Runefather : STOP IT NOW, GORKU!
>*The pillar of fire explode, nearly sending the Champion and Sorcerer flying*
*A godlike figure steps forth from the flames*
*Grimnir-Gorku with the third rune activated has become the Avatar of Grimniir.A stunted giant whose veins are filled with molten fury. Long overflowing fiery hair dances around his shoulders and back, puffed by godlike energies emerging from within
>Exalted Chaos Champion : GOOD! SUCH POWER,. MUCH SHINE! TODAY I TASTE THE BLOOD OF A GOD
>Chaos Sorcerer : Uhhh..i..is this the power of ANI....
>Super Fyreslayer three Gorku : NOW THE FIGHT TRULY BEGINS

Swigmar be praised. A faction outside of Chaos who have mastered the power of ANIMEEEE!

Fyreslayer Battle Tome *tablet edition)http://www.mediafire.com/download/0rlk9g7xqq8m38t/ANIME_DWARFS.epub :
>>
>>45046274

so fucking laughing my ass of that still carnac is the only one buying this shit
>>
>>45046298
>>45046274
Love and hate, be frank, I love his writing, so funny.
>>
>>45046274

This made my fucking morning lol

And thanks for the Battletome
>>
>>45046274
Ta pet.

I like the name you gave the file too.
>>
As someone with a passing interest in Warhammer, Age of Sigmar... Looks a lot like 40k.

I always got the impression that Warhammer Fantasy was more grounded while 40k was balls to the wall crazy.
>>
>>45046641
Yep. Age is Fantasy Norse DBZ.
Its not doing well. They aren't even getting enough signups to do Age Games Day.
>>
>>45047953
>Being so buttblasted you have to bring up how much you hate the game when answering a completely unrelated question
You're like /v/ with feminists, you know that?
>>
File: image.jpg (229 KB, 1280x596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229 KB, 1280x596
>>45048091
The only arsepain is yours.
Someone thinking of getting into the game should know that they may have a hard time finding people to play with and it not possibly being supported by GW for long.
I'm speaking from experience on the former you faggot.
>>
>>45048286
Unless you have a personality. It took me three games of AoS and now my entire group is on the bandwagon. from no players to fifteen players in three games. The game is great you just have to fight all the negative perceptions people have before they try it thanks to trolls like you.
>>
>>45048326
"You can't rely on anyone playing this, you have to do all the advertising for them."

If I wanted a fucking franchise I'd license a Games Workshop outlet.

There was seventeen Fantasy players in my county. Now there's fourteen who talk about Age like Dawi discussing Druchii.
>>
>>45048326
>>45048286

It all depends.
All you will ever get from /tg/ is a bunch of personal opinions of people getting their favorite hobby ripped from them after decades of spending time and money on it.

Some people adapt, and chose to go with the flow. And some people simply refuse to let go. Most of the time though, you will see the internet hate for GW and all its products has grown even larger with the start of AoS.
And as always, there isn't much of a thinking process behind the haters, they don't need to. Anyone spending 20+ years on a hobby that goes down the shitter has a right to be angry. I was angry to at first!

Now, back to the question at hand. Is it wroth spending money on?
Well, what are you looking for? If you're looking for a hobby which has the miniatures in its focus, where the goal of the game isn't to net-list you're WAAC gameplay to fit the local meta, but instead to simply field cool models you have painted to the best of you're ability. Then AoS is for you. Its that simple, if you know you will be spending 80-90% of the hobby in you're hobby room painting, and like the esthetics of the latest GW releases, you will have a blast with AoS! If you enjoy putting together custom scenarios where the goal of the game isn't who wins, but to enjoy the time spent playing, then again AoS is for you. If you're tired of gaming board games where you field ugly models because they are the better option, and simply want to have fun with friends, yes you know it, AoS is for you!

But... If you want to spend you're nights building cool army lists, discussing the usage and tactics of units, feel the adrenaline pump when you see you're up for a win, go to local tournaments, join you're local gaming club for weekly games... Then AoS isn't for you!

From super anon, the best summary on /tg/ so far.
>>
>>45048326
I could literally have a game putting random miniatures on the table, moving them arbitrarily and when they get in btb have a rock-paper-scissor to determine who wins, and have as much game depth as this Age of Sigmar.

With this I'm not saying it can't be fun, but really, I can't see how you can defend it as a game. "Can be fun" doesn't make it any good or worth of any respect. Fuck, pissing contest are fun for some people.
>>
>>45048402
But anon, we keep hearing that oldfag/grogenard to newfag/noob recruitment is how wargames work and survive.

Also, did you mean Asur?
>>
>>45048409
I look at finances. Getting someone into a game with a limited lifespan seems really dishonest, and currently GW growth has screeched to a halt after it was released while they also can't get enough people to play it at their international convention along with online retail outlets dropping the price of the starter set by up to half to dump stock.

I wouldn't tell anyone NOT to play it, but they should know the good and the bad together.

The good is the freedom to play and great models except subjectively Archaon , the bad is the fact its not well recieved and people may have a hard time getting groups.
>>
>>45045016
>people who dislike AoS never even played WHFB

Is this what you fanboys have been reduced to? The sheer scale and duration of the anger shows the huge investment people had in WHFB.

>>45048409
Can we stop perpetuating the spiteful lie that not liking AoS is a WAAC thing. Fluffy gamers want actual army building rules and a vague attempt at balance as well. And they also realise not playing to win is rude and unsportsmanlike.
>>
>>45048472
No.
Druchii.

Asur are High Elves.
Druchii are Dark Elves.

Dwarfs lnow the difference. They're racist fucks who attribute the actions of one to the other, but they are aware the two are not the same and that Druchii are always hostile.

Also, the way to get people into roleplaying games is to start a group. Age requires you to be a pitchman selling Perry And Sons Wargame Tonic.
>>
>>45048511
Age is the football game where everyone gets a trophy.
>>
>>45048511
>that not liking AoS is a WAAC thing

>if you're looking for a hobby...

Seriously, what you are talking about?

>>45048548
>everyone gets a trophy.

There are tons of game that everyone gets a trophy.
>>
>>45048504
But we don't know it has a limited lifespan, that's conjecture. It seems more dishonest to me to state conjecture to a newbie as facts.

>>45048536
I thought dwarfs disliked high elves more. Sure, the dark elves started the war with some false flag shenanigans, but then Caledor II was an arrogant dickhead and shaved an ambassador's beard leading to the War of the Beard. They may know druchii are more likely to attack without warning, but they've got more grudges with the asur, and it's the grudges that really matter to the dawi.

>>45048511
>Fluffy gamers want actual army building rules
Unless those rules interfere with the fluffy ideas in their head.
>not playing to win is rude and unsportsmanlike.
I think it's also a lie that fluffy players don't play to win. They don't play stupidly because they don't give a shit, they'll try to win the game with what they've brought. They just won't necessarily bring completely optimised powerlists (because those often end up being netlists in this day and age).
To be honest "WAAC" has become overused, it didn't used to automatically mean "competitive", it used to imply someone that would bend the rules and so on to try to win.
>>
>>45048640
>There are tons of game that everyone gets a trophy.
That completely went over your head, didn't it?
>>
>>45048714
>But we don't know it has a limited lifespan, that's conjecture. It seems more dishonest to me to state conjecture to a newbie as facts.
Nobody said it was truth, it was always stated only as a possibility in this thread.
>I thought dwarfs disliked high elves more. Sure, the dark elves started the war with some false flag shenanigans, but then Caledor II was an arrogant dickhead and shaved an ambassador's beard leading to the War of the Beard. They may know druchii are more likely to attack without warning, but they've got more grudges with the asur, and it's the grudges that really matter to the dawi.
Dwarfs later found out they were manipulated, which is how Grombribdal discovered Malekith broke the oath of friendship. But when something goes in the Book of Grudges, it usually goes against your entire race unless you're a Dwarf where it goes against your entire clan. Because racist. The only thing Dwarfs don't count is Chaos, since they don't use Norscans against the Empire or admit Chaos Dwarfs exist.

But since they know Druchii are worse, they would speak worse of them than Asur. Both would have generic insults against Elfkind as a whole though and they wouldn't mention one without mentioning the other.
>>
File: Angel.jpg (197 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
Angel.jpg
197 KB, 1280x719
>>45048409

>Well, what are you looking for? If you're looking for a hobby which has the miniatures in its focus,
I can hardly see how miniatures would be a selling point for AOS. I admit GW has superior production quality - which means less moldlines and errors, better fitting parts, and the possibility to produce very detailed pieces.
Yet their design is objectively bad. Some people may still like an objectively bad thing, but this doesn't make it any better.
Conceptually, they're clearly trying to establish some very high fantasy flavour with elemental themes and over-the-top weird-punk styles, but they fail miserably. Just think in how many cool ways the idea of "fire dwarves" could be developed, and look at what we got. The other 'original' faction we've seen this far is a rip-off of their own signature Space Marines. And they look ALL THE FUCKING SAME. SIgmarine with bow, sigmarine with stupid spear, sigmarine with stupid sword and tower shield, oh-so-original! The only thing that isn't a variation of the sigmarine-on-foot in the whole army are the winged ones, and ... well, pic related is a Darksider's angel, and it wasn't that much of an original concept even back then. They managed to rip it off and make it less cool in the process.
That's how bad they develop the miniature's concepts, but then they get to the 'sculpting' phase and what do you get? Archers who can't see what shit they're aiming at because there's their stupid WOW-style pauldron in the way (not to mention they're holding the arrow through a ring that will keep it from even shooting). Dwarves that instead of the strong and stocky badasses we're used to have smooth round bubbles of fat, not to mention babydoll limbs flailing around and flat beards. And that's when they're not mirrored, mind you.
Not to mention their prices.
The new AOS models are unimaginative, unoriginal, poorly designed and poorly executed. You can't possibly deny that.
>But I like them
They're still bad.
>>
>>45048799
>it was always stated only as a possibility in this thread
>always stated
Hmm.
>>45048504
>Getting someone into a game with a limited lifespan seems really dishonest
>Not "that may have a limited lifespan"
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Yeah, I know this nitpicking is pointless, but I was bored.
>>
>>45048718
Most (mmo or tt)RPG, and a few board game too. If you play competitive game only, fine.
>>
>>45048986
I'm pretty sure google translate has proper punctuation and plurals, so I don't know if you have an excuse.
>>
>>45048874
Cont.
>>45048409
>where the goal of the game isn't to net-list you're WAAC gameplay to fit the local meta, but instead to simply field cool models you have painted to the best of you're ability. Then AoS is for you. Its that simple, if you know you will be spending 80-90% of the hobby in you're hobby room painting, and like the esthetics of the latest GW releases, you will have a blast with AoS! If you enjoy putting together custom scenarios where the goal of the game isn't who wins, but to enjoy the time spent playing, then again AoS is for you. If you're tired of gaming board games where you field ugly models because they are the better option, and simply want to have fun with friends, yes you know it, AoS is for you!
So your point is
>No point values or better defined rules = you can play what you want and play for fun
Then, the 'good' part of the deal is supposed to be
>you can play what you want and play for fun
Which a good game would accomplish by being a good game, not by not having rules.
For example, making each unit so that it has something relevant to add to the gameplay and to synergize well with any other unit, although in different ways. So you can find out which ones you like and make them work together, rather than having to spam the mandatory good units of your faction or to keep in mind what the meta might look like. That would take some remarkable investment in game design, but can be achieved, and without necessarily making it too difficult.
But GW hasn't achieved this, it has only taken the lazy shortcut by just giving up and pretending it's for the best.
You can't possibly commend this line of action. Not seriously, not considerately.
Also: back then if you wanted a non-competitive game you had to find a guy who played a non-competitive list.
Now you have the exact same problem, because it's not like making points disappear will prevent people from spamming the most broken units - actually, intuitively, it does the contrary.
>>
>>45048874
The kits of The Old World still out there, why limit youself to the new, (not-so)shiny model?
>>
>>45049041
>Form super anon

Seriously, you never finish before reply?
>>
>>45048409
>If you enjoy putting together custom scenarios where the goal of the game isn't who wins, but to enjoy the time spent playing, then again AoS is for you. If you're tired of gaming board games where you field ugly models because they are the better option, and simply want to have fun with friends, yes you know it, AoS is for you!
To be honest, KoW would be better than AoS for any of those.
>>
>>45049041
>For example, making each unit so that it has something relevant to add to the gameplay and to synergize well with any other unit, although in different ways.
I think you're bigging up other games a bit too much. I mean, if we just look at warhammer fantasy 8th edition (which was presumably a good game rules-wise, otherwise we'd have been seeing the same arguments being made as people abandoned it en masse) a bunch of spearmen don't have any major synergy with the bunch of archers behind them beyond "stop the archers getting charged" and "whittle down the unit about to charge the spearmen".
>>
>>45049129
Does the source of that opinion influence the validity of a response to it?
>>
File: AoS10.jpg (209 KB, 920x600) Image search: [Google]
AoS10.jpg
209 KB, 920x600
>>45048504
>great models
>copy and pasted CAD designs across the entire new range

wew lad
>>
>>45049179
See>>45049094.

>>45049169
>Does the source of that opinion influence the validity of a response to it?

Um...yes, you are arguing with no one, that's meaningless.
>>
File: 1359372741106.png (12 KB, 199x200) Image search: [Google]
1359372741106.png
12 KB, 199x200
>>45049167
>8th edition
>which was presumably a good game rules-wise, otherwise we'd have been seeing the same arguments being made as people abandoned it en masse
>a good game
>we'd have been seeing the same arguments being made as people abandoned it en masse
this post is so hilarious, you clearly deserve your pay from GW
>>
>>45026204
>So what do they make at the Mortuary Factory? Corpses? Do you think they were pissed when it started raining free corpses?

God damn Chinese Corpse Factories flooding the market with cheap bodies hows a guy supposed to make a death here?
>>
>>45049167
I'm not saying WHFB was any better at this. I used to play Chaos once, and whenever a new armybook was released I had to look up for that third or fifth of it that could actually be played - I won't say competitively, but at least with a modicum of dignity.

My point is, you can't pretend the lack of points and structure is a virtue of this game. It comes with zero effort,, zero thought and zero profit, as I already stated. It's bad ruleswriting - no, it's worse, it's trying to sell laziness as rules.
>>
>>45049224
Not a friendly reminder, certain brand pay marketing company to "defend" their product, and "attack" competitors.

>>45049255
>My point is, you can't pretend the lack of points and structure is a virtue of this game.

Is the glass half full or half empty? You think of laziness; I find a new way to go. However, I have to remind you, for GW model>game, the ruleset is nothing but to help pushing the sales of model.
>>
>>45049211
You clearly lack the ability to understand the basics of communication.

>>45048409 posted an opinon as a response to a message defending AOS and another attacking it. It was another person's opinion perhaps, but it is nonetheless used as an argument and a response in a discussion.

My answer was not directed at the source of that opinion; my intent was to show what's wrong with it.

Can you get it now?

Also,
>>45049094
>The kits of The Old World still out there, why limit youself to the new, (not-so)shiny model?
That has nothing to do with the fact that GW is producing horrible miniatures for AOS at crazy prices, and thus 'artistic value' has to be ruled out of AOS as well as its value as a ruleset.
>>
>>45049326

are you fucking stupid slav, the only one who is paid here is you

who the fuck would hire people to defend warhammer 8th? which 'certain brand' has a need for that, GW?
>>
>>45049167
8th edition was a bad game and people abandoned WHFB en masse hoping for better days and a better 9th edition. No wonder they got mad when all they got was End Times and AoS
>>
>>45048326

that's nothing, my playgroup went from four guys from 230 regular players since AoS started!
>>
>>45049326
>Is the glass half full or half empty?
Rules-wise, players are being handed an empty glass and being said with a smile "Are you happy? You can put anything you want in there!" while still being asked to pay for a full glass.
>>
So the authors say that AoS is much like the DC New Gods.

But if Sigmar is the High Fatherthen who is Darkseid?
>>
>>45049416
>while still being asked to pay for a full glass.
Not going to lie, at least the rules are free (not the scenarios trough).

But it's still bad considering the players wanted a full glass. Hopefully Alessio Cavatore and Rick Priestley got that covered.
>>
>>45049179
I meant old ones. Also the Mortarchs, the Glottkin and Maggot Lords, and MAYBE Nagash. But he's stretching it.

Archaon is the true shit tier one though. At least Sigmarine heads and shields are good bits, he's nothing.
>>
>>45049418

Who is 'the authors'
>>
File: 1452608711471.png (292 KB, 570x477) Image search: [Google]
1452608711471.png
292 KB, 570x477
>>45048504
>great models
>>
>>45049366
>horrible miniatures for AOS at crazy prices

And the old kits stay at "reasonable" price to attract certain group of hobbyist. GW pricing policy ain't new.

>Can you get it now?
No, becasue it is the same old things (for 7 months), everyone in /tg/ knew it. Can you say something new?
>>
>>45049447
Josh Reynolds, Guy Haley, Rob Sanders.

You know, the guys writing the AoS fiction and novels.
>>
>>45049385
8e was the single most balanced edition.
Beastmen were the only faction without a competitive list, and for almost all armies everything was useful even if not the most optimal.
>>
>>45049441
Yeah, all the four pages of rules in their almighty glory. And the lazy ass warscrolls for the old factions.
New books and scrolls aren't free though.
>>
>>45049418
Khorne.
Archaon is Granny Goodness.
>>45049455
Better than Mantic Ghouls or anything Warmahordes.
>>
>>45049444
>Archaon is the true shit tier one though.

Blasphemy!

There is no model in the history of GW that screams CHAOS like AoS Archaon's model. It's triumphant and imposing.
>>
>>45049480
Too bad the game was just garbage.
>>
File: warseer best ed warhams.png (18 KB, 1526x321) Image search: [Google]
warseer best ed warhams.png
18 KB, 1526x321
>>45049542
But anon, according to warseer it was the best edition of warhammer.
>>
>>45049504

at this point, warmahordes are doing better miniatures than GW
>>
>>45049468

Josh Reynolds is a hack and his mental gymnastics trying to wave away the Spess Mareen and Stormcast Eternal similarities is just sad.

I respect Guy Haley though.
>>
>>45049380
Does it matter? When you assume someone get paid by defend GW, I can assumed that you attack GW for living too, becasue that kind of internet marketing exist.

>>45049416
>asked to pay for a full glass
>>45049441
Core rules are free, optional rules are dirt cheap via app, the lores are fucking expensive.
>>
>>45049463
>No, becasue it is the same old things (for 7 months), everyone in /tg/ knew it. Can you say something new?
Well whoever posted this >>45048409 (you I assume, from how much your arse is itching) still used it as a pro-AOS argument, so I guess they either didn't know, didn't care or didn't understand these points I've been raising - which is good a reason to raise them again.
Yes, it says "If you like it X then AOS is good, if you like Y instead it is bad", but still the points pro AOS are debatable, and I debated them. My response is no more redundant than the message I replied to, so stop bitching.
>>
>>45049504
>Better than Mantic Ghouls or anything Warmahordes.
And infinitely shittier than Scibor for the same price.
>>
>>45049574

Nobody has to pay people to hate GW after what they did with AoS. GW made their own worst enemies.
>>
>>45049507

rofl

it is literally the worst model of the chaos range, except the bloodtards range
>>
>>45049507
You have to be trolling.
Or fourteen, which means you shouldn't be on this board.
>>
I'd like to thank GW for dropping WHFB and their old kits, now I can get them at one third of their prices and play with better rulesets.
>>
>>45049504
>Better than Mantic Ghouls or anything Warmahordes.

and worse than scibor, avatars of war, kingdom death, and literally any historical miniature company

besides, I think gw is on par with warmahordes if you look at the aos releases. same monopose boring CAD shit
>>
>>45049571
>warmahordes are doing better miniatures than GW

Hard plastic monster kits? Please.

>>45049562
My vote is 6th ed + Ravening Horde.

>>45049495
>scrolls aren't free

Warscroll are free, don't be jerk.
>>
>>45049627

where can you get them one third of their price?
>>
>>45049571
Steampunk will never be okay, so I gotta disagree with you on that.

But they're about neck and neck.

>>45049507
Chaos should be a Gibbering Mouther, not a viking faggot on a horsedragonhydra.
>>
>>45049617
>>45049625
You may be talking to carnac. He loves archaon with all his heart. It's quite sweet really.
>>
>>45049627

same for me. I was a GW fan, but after they produced the abomination, went to chinaman

boy, it was a blessing, spending the same money (shitton btw, closing on to 1k quids since aos dropped) getting four times the models or more
>>
>>45049644
At my LFGS.
>>
>>45049649
>Steampunk will never be okay, so I gotta disagree with you on that.

you will abandon this shit as soon as GW drops the steamhead dorfs
>>
>>45049572
At least Reynolds tried to give End Times a resolution for every character. He wasn't paid to do that.

He is however paid to tell you Sigmarines aren't Ultramarines. I'd tell you dog shit is gold for a paycheck, and in most fields where you deal with the public you basically do. I don't fault him on that.
>>
>>45049649
>iking faggot on a horsedragonhydra.

What the hell? That IS Warhammer Chaos.

You guys obviously are not into Chaos.
>>
>>45049507
Please. It looks like a My Little Pony villain.
>>
>>45049606
>>45049636

That, we can agree on.
>>
File: Archy5.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Archy5.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2000
>>45049702
I disagree.

It looks like something that jumped outta of a Metal album cover or a comic book.
>>
>>45049732
An animu you mean
>>
>>45049594
>so stop bitching.

You admitted that you said nothing new?

>>45049606
>Scibor

I agree that scibor dwarfs are better then GW, but their price ain't much different, 12 Scibor resin vs 10 GW plastic kit for €40.
>>
>>45049684
He said it in his ask.fm. Nothing official. So he wasn't paid to say that.
>>
>>45049753
That's why I said "for the same price".
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 500x268
>>45049683
No, fuck that.

I will not accept Victorian Dwarfs.

Inb4 they already were, Dwarfs were not Steampunk in Fantasy since Steampunk is faux-Victorian and Dwarfs were clearly caught between medieval and Napoleonic.
>>
>>45049760
Just like how Brian Azarello said DC is da best in interviews with Newsarama, then after his employment ended he talked about how shit they are.

You don't tell anyone your employer or their product sucks while still on pay roll.

You try it and see how long your job lasts.
>>
>>45049771
Chaos Dwarfs and normal Dwarfs had steampowered power armor in WHFB.

STEAM.POWERED.POWER.ARMOR.

The AoS Dudarin are bound to be more advanced than the WHFB. So expect Azyr powered runic dreadnaughts and power armor.
>>
>>45049807
>Powered armor

No, they did not. They had tanks and flying machines. That's it.
>>
>>45049732
It looks like it's out of Brutal Legend. Which might be cool, but it has nothing to do with Warhammer, Archaon or what a good fantasy miniature should look like.

>Random skulls dribbling out of its skin
>Is that chitin, scales, baby skin or what?
>Those ridiculous "Z"-shaped wing-digits
>Random hooves
>Random armor
>Blocky, edgy, WOW-esque design
>"If we throw more shit on it it will be MORE DETAILED!"
>Heads worse than any previous incarnation of the Greater Demons
>>
>>45049852
I read the novels, dude.

They had power armour. Truefax.
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 1217x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 1217x1280
>>45049861
I'd buy Battle Nuns and Doviculus for $60 in a heartbeat.
>>
>>45049636
>scibor,
Their dwarf infantry >GW

>avatars of war,
Their pewter hero are great, plastic kits? 6th ed WHFB kit quaility.

>kingdom death,
No comments, never touch(!) their products.

>and literally any historical miniature company

Seriously, most of them just as good as 6th ed WHFB kits, but Perry twins rock.

>>45049768
Only scibor have such quaility dwarfs, maybe mominature too, but I can't say anything until my shipment arrived.
>>
>>45049881
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>45049753
Has >>45048409 said anything new? Are they allowed to repeat the same opinion and I am not allowed to reply to point out what's wrong with that opinion?
Are you so desperate to protect your delusional investment in this game that you need to ward off any opinion against it?
And most importantly, you've shifted from saying "You're replying to noone" (which was ridiculous) to saying "This is nothing new", while still refusing to debate my answer like a mature person.
Which you clearly aren't.
>>
>>45049928
"Headtaker"
"Thorgrim"
"Wulfrik"

All these novels that I can remember. There are more Skaven and dwarfen novels that feature them.
>>
>>45049944
How can a summary new? If you a mature person, why you spend your time in a meaningless argument? I'm sorry, but you should spend time in a better place/way, since AoS ain't your cup of tea.
>>
>>45049971
Google shows nothing, calling bullshit. Either way, still not Victorian Steampunk garbage.
>>
File: dumbest shit.jpg (84 KB, 312x321) Image search: [Google]
dumbest shit.jpg
84 KB, 312x321
>>45050016
Not to dude you're talking to, but..

It's in several books listed, your lack of ability to find information is NOT an arguement
it's in the skaven army book (Ikit Klaw partially inspired by dwarven steamworks)
It's always been.
And it's certainly the way things are going for the Steamhead faction.

So no matter how butthurt you are that the concept of Steampunk exists, it's not going anywhere :^)

Deal with it, faggot.
>>
>>45050016
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Warhammer/whfb-novs/headtaker-ebook.html
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Warhammer/whfb-novs/thorgrim-ebook.html
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Warhammer/whfb-novs/Wulfrik-eBook.html
>>
>>45050016
>Wulfrik decided he had been hasty naming the sorcerer at the gate as the most loathsome dwarf in creation. The specimen upon the platform was hideous enough to sicken a jackal. His head was squashed and flat, his ears large and mismatched. His nose was a bulbous knot of hairy pimples and his eyebrows were thick enough to be braided. His black beard hung from a sharply pointed chin in oily locks, gaudy combs of diamond and ruby strung through them in the most haphazard way. Behind the rings of his beard, Wulfrik could see the blood-red hue of Khorakk’s torc reflecting in the fiery light of the temple.

>The dwarf thegn hadn’t been so idle as Wulfrik had supposed. Instead of the rich robes of a pampered king, Khorakk was encased in a heavy suit of plate armour which drastically increased both his height and his bulk. There was no fright in the thegn’s eyes when he saw Wulfrik enter the temple, not even surprise, only an amused sort of disgust.

>‘You led them here,’ Khorakk’s slithery voice rasped as he turned towards one of the slavers. Before the slaver could react, Khorakk’s armoured hand reached out and closed about his head. Steam puffed from vents in the armour’s elbow and shoulder as Khorakk crushed the slaver’s head into paste. ‘How inconvenient,’ the thegn said. With a flick of his hand, he sent the slaver’s body pitching into the molten fire beneath the platform.

-From the "Wulfrik" novel.

Google doesn't show you the content of the books, anon.

I am not even a Dwarf fanboy and I read a good portion of their novels about them or feature them (which feature STEAM POWERED POWER ARMOR). What's your excuse? They are really good.
>>
>>45050434
>The dwarf’s armour made him taller than Wulfrik and about as massive as a troll. When the hero’s sword stabbed at him, Khorakk laughed, the blade scarcely scratching the thick marble breastplate.

>‘Where is your bragging now?’ Khorakk growled, pursuing his attack on the northman. The steam-powered arms of his armour gave the dwarf incredible speed, his blade slashing at Wulfrik as though it were crafted from lightning. Only the rage-ridden clumsiness of Khorakk’s attack allowed the hero to defend himself, dodging and weaving his body as the crescent blade sliced at his body. In dodging the blade, however, Wulfrik exposed himself to the dwarf’s other hand, the steel gauntlet that had crushed the slaver’s skull. The metal fingers ripped at him, cutting through his armour as though it were Cathayan silk. Shreds of mail dangled from Khorakk’s hand when Wulfrik squirmed out of the dwarf’s tightening grip. Blood rose to fill the deep gouges the thegn’s talons left across the northman’s chest.

>Wulfrik snarled in pain, staggering back as Khorakk flung the tatters of his armour into one of the fiery canals. The dwarf’s legs spewed jets of steam as he pressed his attack and forced the hero to give ground before him. Khorakk glanced about him to ensure himself that he would not be flanked by the barbarian’s comrades.

More excerpts from the novel about the dwarfen steam power armor.
>>
>>45050516
Wait, how does this mean steampunk?
>>
>>45050619
I can name a few things that are more steampunk than steampunk power armour!
>>
>>45050673
Steampunk is like brass and monocles and gears and tophats and shit though, and making everyone British. Steam powered technology isn't automatically steampunk.
>>
>>45050516

I haven't read this book but this Dwarf feels more like a Chaos Dwarf considering the locale and his general appearance.
>>
>>45051237

Also, I just recently read the Thorgrim book as well as Dwarfs, The War of Vengeance and Grudgelore. The only thing that comes close in those books are the Gronti Duraz which are like rune powered Stone Golems. No tech involved. And they don't even get activated because the rune magic required to animate them is waning and there aren't enough Runelords.
>>
>>45051237
>>45051294
Steam Duardin probably build steam armor directly into their skin now. Their beards are steam exhaust pipes.
Their leader punched a Bloodthirster so hard that Khorne got a black eye, but he's dying because there isn't enough steam to keep the Age of Sigmar running.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.