[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SMT Devil Summoner - Task Force 666 Quest #12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 39
File: Title Image.png (452 KB, 958x512) Image search: [Google]
Title Image.png
452 KB, 958x512
>Previous thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44993153/
>Twitter: https://twitter.com/TaskForceKaz
>General Pastebin: pastebin.com/u/TaskForceKaz

You tell the demons to stay alert as you squat down besides Fitz.

“Is there something you need?” You ask. If looks could kill, you’d be dead multiple times over. “I’m not trying to be a smartass. Like…here, blink once for yes, twice for no, okay? Can you do that?”

She still looks as irritable as an immobilized person can be, but she manages to blink once.

“Gotcha. So…do you want me to do something?”

One blink. “No shit.”

“Okay, then. You want me to fix you?”

One blink, with a desperate look in her eyes. “Oh for the love of God, yes!”

“Ah…right, about that…” You rub your head sheepishly. “It looks like we don’t have any items or spells that can heel this kind of thing…whatever it is.”

“A bind spell, mortal,” Apsaras answers without addressing you directly. “My mistress has been struck with a paralyzing spell, the likes of which can only be nullified by an item, a healing spell, or the victim’s own personal prowess.”

“…okay then,” You respond to the demon before returning back to Fitz. “Did you get all that?”

A quick, irritated blink. “Of course, Captain Obvious.”

“Well then, you can clearly see that I don’t have a lot of options here...”

>Move Fitz behind the electric fence.
>Leave her at the barricade.
>>
>>45015915
Is behind the electric fence deeper into cover/generator area? Not completely sure how where we are relative to the objective.
>>
>>45015915
>>
>>45015941

The electric fence guards the doors that lead to the underground generators. That's what you need to protect. Right now, you and Fitz are outside the area, standing by the gate entrance that leads towards the bunker.
>>
>>45016019
Gotcha

>>45015915
"Remind me to bitch to Alger about how items that nullify this crap isn't standard issue. Apsaras stay with her, keep her protected. Fitz keep struggling against it. If what your demon said is true 'personal prowess' means you'll eventually overcome it, so keep at it."
>>
File: Fitz Irritated.png (87 KB, 427x561) Image search: [Google]
Fitz Irritated.png
87 KB, 427x561
Still, you should probably do your best to protect her while she’s immobile and unable to move. You’re the fire team leader, after all. You’re carrying everyone’s weight on your shoulders.

Sighing, you squat down beside her. “Please don’t hate me…” You mutter as you hold your COMP up to the electronic lock.

“…” Fitz doesn’t make as much as a single noise as you drag her behind the electric fence. Carrying her didn’t seem like a viable option given how much gear she had on her, and rolling her was out of the question.

You tried to move her along with as much dignity as possible. Which isn’t to say much since you moved her as one would a dead body. Left a whole groove on the soil and everything.

Gently propping her up against Brady’s sniper tower, you say, “Remind me to bitch to Alger about how items that nullify this crap isn’t standard issue. Apsaras, I need you to stay with her. Keep her safe, keep her protected.”

The demon nods before she floats to stand beside her mistress. “Fitz, keep struggling against it. If what your demon said is true, then ‘personal prowess’ means that you’ll eventually overcome it. So just keep at it and hope for the best.”

That elicits a drawn-out roll of the eyes. Within seconds after you walk back to inspect the gate, you can hear the sound of her trying to break the bind.

You should probably…

>Check the integrity of the generators.
>Check in with Brady.
>>
>>45016515
>>Check the integrity of the generators.
Comm Brady while we check em.
>>
>>45016515
>Check the integrity of the generators.
We got radios right? Get a Sitrep from Brady as we check the integrity.
>>
>>45016544
Supporting
>>
File: EndorBunker-ROTJ.png (1 MB, 865x600) Image search: [Google]
EndorBunker-ROTJ.png
1 MB, 865x600
Studies into human multitasking haven’t proven whether or not females hold superiority over men in that particular skill. Regardless, it’s something that you’ve done often long before your tenure as a Devil Summoner, and even longer than your college years.

The doors leading to the generators are similarly kept shut with an electronic key, and what suspiciously look like cattle prongs. You wave to a nearby fisheye lens camera as you begin transmitting the codes from your COMP to the door.

As the computer verifies your identity, you press a thumb to your headset and radio Brady up in his tower. “Brady, it’s Brown. I’m gonna take a moment to check the generators. In the meantime, I need you to give me a sitrep of the current situation.”

“You got it,” Brady dryly responds. With a telltale buzzing noise, the lock disengages and the door opens to a set of stairs going at least ten feet deep into the earth. You manage to catch the beginnings of a generator from your current position from atop the steps. “Just gimme a sec to adjust the…there we go.”

A set of lights flicker to life as you take a few steps downward, carefully checking the room for any sign of damage. It’s a large room, at least twenty by forty feet if the fire escape diagram was anything to go by. Five primary generators are powering the entire facility from this location.

“Whelp, it’s all clear on our end as far as I can tell,” Brady states. “Seems that you guys did a good job of scaring whatever it was a long ways away. That blood trail it left? Goes on for a good twenty meters, and it doesn’t show signs of coming ‘round again. Oh, and I don’t see any other demons within the vicinity. Trust me, I would know if there were.”

You allow yourself a moment of relief. Thank God.

>“Can you see what’s happening on the West side of the camp?”
>“Keep an eye in the sky as well for flying demons.”
>>
>>45016902
After he clears it
>“Can you see what’s happening on the West side of the camp?”
>>
>>45016902
>>“Keep an eye in the sky as well for flying demons.”
>>
>>45016902
>>
>>45016943
>>45017086

A sudden thought occurs. The fence only goes up to ten feet in height. That’s enough to keep the bigger guys out of the area, but you have a distinct feeling that flying demons like Gryphon are gonna have an easier time entering the area.

“Brady, I need you to keep an eye in the sky for flying demons. We’re gonna really be up the creek without a paddle if anything with wings gets in.”

“Copy that.”

You push forward through the generator room, checking for any signs of damage. You’re no electrician, but as far as you can tell from the green blinking lights on a nearby control board, all of them are working at one hundred percent functionality. It even looks like someone recently came and gave all of the shiny metal bits a good oiling and polish job.

The headset crackles to life with a burst of static. Brady’s voice comes calm and precise over the radio. “As far as I can tell, it looks like the skies are clear. I mean, depending on the height of the trees, I can’t exactly see shite from this angle. But from the remaining that I can see, it looks like the we’re in the clear. No airborne demons in sight.”

“Glad to hear it,” You reply, backing away from the generators and heading towards the entrance. “It looks like everything’s good on my end as well. The generators show no signs of structural compromise or sabotage, and are running green.”

Things are going pretty well. And given the absence of the mysterious bird-man demon, maybe you should give the order for them to come back from the hunt…

>Call back your demons? Y/N
>>
>>45017242
>Y

Also double check for anyone putting an item into or nearby the generators.
>>
>>45017242
>Call back your demons? Y
>>
>>45017242
Y, have them set up a defensive perimeter.
>>
File: COMPSMTIV.jpg (24 KB, 383x209) Image search: [Google]
COMPSMTIV.jpg
24 KB, 383x209
>>45017297
>>45017302
>>45017366

You radio Brady. “Call back your demons. I’ll do the same for mine. We should establish a stronger defensive perimeter around the fence. Hopefully it should detract some of the weaker demons from trying to take a swing at us. And if not, then it never did hurt to have any extra bodies or fire power.”

The sniper acknowledges, and the feed cuts off. You reach for your COMP, and start punching in the console commands for your absent Gryphon. After bypassing the ‘are you sure?’ confirmation message, you select YES atop the icon of your demon. The sound of artificial chimes ring out of your Gauntlet and a holographic message pops up, displaying:

>Your demon(s) will return in 5 minutes.

You dismiss the message and decide to head back to the entrance, to await for your demon’s arrival and once again give the orders. But before that…

It never did hurt to scavenge around for any errant items. Maybe there was some equipment that you could use to aid in your defensive efforts. You never know until you try, after all, and you’ve had some moderate luck in the hospital.

>Roll 1d100 Perception.
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>45017556
NAT 1
A
T

>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>45017556
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>45017556
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>45017556
>>
>>45017242
>Naw let them play, hunters gotta hunt, but do check their status
Sup Kaz
>>
File: 54ad6dc2e7220.jpg (239 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
54ad6dc2e7220.jpg
239 KB, 2048x1536
>>45017571
>>45017596
>>45017610

If this was an RPG, you’d be knees deep in loot. Unfortunately, life doesn’t work that way. The best you’re able to scrounge up from your impromptu search is another first aid kit, along with a set of stones. About the size of your palm, they’re of different colors, and organized per cluster for your convenience.

>Obtained Posmudi Stone x3
>Obtained Patra Stone x3
>Obtained Life Stone x5

You shrug, putting them inside of your supply bag. Hopefully one of the demons topside will know what to do with them. But just as you shoulder your bag, something jostles, and something falls out of your bag.

Somehow, it looks one of them accidentally fell out of your bag. It rolls along the floor before disappearing under one of the undersides of the generators. Cursing, you squat down, and try to feel around for it. It doesn’t do you any good. You’re gonna have to get under there.

Once you’re on your hands and knees, you’re able to find it quickly enough. And normally, you’d be quick to get back up and head towards the entrance, but there’s something else underneath the space that catches your attention.

You can’t see it too well since it’s been placed way in the middle of the thing. But with the light that manages to escape underneath the enclosure, you’re able to tell that it’s a fairly bulky object, probably as thick as your college text book.

You frown. As far as you know, that isn’t supposed to be there. It takes a moment for your eyes to fully adjust to the absence of the light. But once they do, you have a clearer image of the finer details…of wires, the silvery sheen of duct tape around some blocks and…a timer?

>5:31
>5:30
>5:29
>5:28

...oh SHIT.

>Write-in.
>>
>>45017908
>>Write-in.
Contact Alger, have him run us through disarming or moving this thing.

Also have Napaea (she didn't go hunting I don't think) take one of the Patra gems to Fitz.
>>
>>45017908
>>45017938
This if he can't do it Radio Brady for ideas and call up Fritz she might know.
>>
>>45017938
this
>>
>>45017908
If it's possible to move it simply throw it somewhere else. Also use Patra stone on Fitz
>>
File: AlgerV2.png (53 KB, 247x220) Image search: [Google]
AlgerV2.png
53 KB, 247x220
>>45017938
>>45017965
>>45018084

You’ve never moved faster in your entire life than in the last five seconds. You scramble as far away as you can, and put as much distance between you and the FUCKING BOMB that’s underneath the generator. Seriously, when did your life make the shift from ‘Men in Black feat. Demons’ to the mid-season of ‘24’?! This isn’t funny…

But black comedy aside, you have a serious problem that’s slowly ticking away underneath the primary generator. If there was a bomb-defusing class in Camp Cocytus, then you’re sure as hell that you missed enrollment. This was not what you were expecting whatsoever.

So, you decide to do what anyone else in your position would do.

Pass it up the chain of command.

“What the hell-”

You don’t even give Alger breathing room to dispense pleasantries. “There’s a bomb in the generator room, sir!” You try to keep the panic out of your voice. Emphasis on try. You think you do a moderate job of succeeding in that regard. “I’m in need of some serious help, sir!”

“Hold the fuck up. Did you just say a bomb?!” Alger demands. There’s a brief sound of distortion on his end of the line before he continues. “What in the ever-living fuck is a bomb doing in the generator-?”

“I don’t know, sir, and to be quite frank with you, I don’t care. What I do know is that we have less than five minutes to get that thing out of the room before it takes out the generators and my fire team with it.”

“Well that’s just real fuckin’ dandy, isn’t it? A bomb in our own facility. Were there any signs of forced entry?”

You check the clock. Five minutes and fifty three seconds. Meep. “None as far as I know, sir.”

“So it’s sabotage form the inside…” Alger growls. “When I find the cocksucker that knifed us in the back, death is gonna be a sweet release compared to what I have in store…”

“So…what exactly am I supposed to do about the bomb?”

(cont.)
>>
>>45018642
FIRST RULE ABOUT BOMB DEFUSAL: NEVER ASSUME THE TIMER IS CORRECT.
>>
>>45018642

TYPO: That's supposed to be four minutes and fifty three seconds.
>>
File: mOnvOJG.png (298 KB, 2271x2380) Image search: [Google]
mOnvOJG.png
298 KB, 2271x2380
“Can you reach it?”

They say that there are no atheists in foxholes, but right now, there aren’t any agnostics in power generator rooms. Praying to whatever god is observing you at the moment, you tentatively reach for the bomb without coming too close to touch the critical bits.

“Sir, yes I can touch the bomb without too much reach.”

“Good. The explosive substances: are they blocks?”

“Yes, sir. Three of them, as a matter of fact.”

Alger curses. “That shit’s C4. Just one of those is enough to completely immolate the entire room and take out the generators. In an enclosed space like that? Shit’s deadly. Real deadly.”

The sound of gunfire interrupts him. “Shit! Brown, listen to me. I’m passing you onto Kristoff. He’s a Devil Summoner who used to run with the Marine Corps’ Explosive Ordinance Disposal program. Listen to exactly what he says, and hopefully we can get out of this in one piece. Transferring now!”

There’s a brief moment of nerve-wracking silence before a baratone voice fills your headseat. “Brown, this is Lieutenant Kristoff, and I’m going to help you take care of this bomb. Alger tells me that you’re studying to be a surgeon, so you should have the dexterity and fingers to pull this off. Now, I want you to obey my commands to the letter, you got it?”

You nod even though there’s no one there. “Got it, sir.”

“Glad to hear it. Now, does it look like there’s a trigger on the bomb’s exterior? A metal cylinder of some sort?”

You check. “No trigger, sir.”

“This makes things a whole lot easier. Since there’s no displacement trigger, you should be able to remove it without blowing your hands off. But still, you need to exercise absolute caution. How much time do we have left?”

“Four minutes…thirty seconds.”

“Don’t rush yourself, but remember that you’re on the clock. Now, gently remove the bomb.”

>Roll 1d100 + 10 to remove the bomb.
>>
File: Sweatin.png (142 KB, 415x367) Image search: [Google]
Sweatin.png
142 KB, 415x367
Rolled 85 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>45019022
>Dice roll
RIP
>>
Rolled 91 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>45019022
just watched the hurt locker yesterday, lend me your strength jeremy renner
>>
File: 18.jpg (89 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
89 KB, 400x300
>>
>>45019022
No one roll a nat1
>>
Rolled 33 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>45019022
1% chance to fuck this all up.

Here. I. Go.
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>45019022
>>45019106
don't tell me what to do! you're not my mom!
>>
>>45019054
>dat jeremy renner's blessing
>>
>>45019054
Thank you based hawkguy
>>
Praise be to Hero Renner
>>
File: Lt. Kristoff.jpg (170 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
Lt. Kristoff.jpg
170 KB, 1200x1800
>>45019049
>>45019054
>>45019110

It is with Kristoff’s encouragement, sweaty hands and a churning feeling in your stomach that you come away with a textbook sized C4 bomb in your hands a minute and a half later. You don’t want to exhale too loudly in fear of dropping the damn thing.

Two minutes and twenty three seconds are left on the clock.

“Sir, I have the bomb in my hands with about two minutes and twenty seconds remaining,” You report nervously. “Now what do I do?”

“Son, isn’t it obvious?” Kristoff says with an incredulous voice. “You need to get rid of the damn thing! Either get it as far away from the generators as possible, or find a way to muffle the blast. Two minutes are too short of a time for me to coach you through defusing it.”

“Understood, sir. Brown out.”

With the line cut, you slowly stand up on shaky legs, and look to the entrance of the generator room. You quickly come up with two options based on the lieutenant's recommendations.

The best plan of action is…

>Run as far away as you can.
>Freeze it in a block of ice.
>>
>>45019390
>>
>>45019390
let's avoid adding ice shrapnel
>>
>>45019390
>>Run as far away as you can.
>>
>>45019390

Really unsure what icing it would do beyond making an ice bomb, especially since it wasn't suggested by Kristoff. Best bet is to get distance and make sure it goes off harmlessly.
>>
>>45019390
>TENGO QUE IR RAPIDO
>>
You know we could have Centaur take it have him run really far away. He might not make it, but demons can recover.
>>
File: Gotta_go_fast.png (129 KB, 678x678) Image search: [Google]
Gotta_go_fast.png
129 KB, 678x678
>>45019539
>>45019456
>>45019464
>>45019481
>>45019539

You cradle the bomb as you would an infant, and run up the stairs as fast as you can. It’s an allegory that aptly describes the posture of your limbs and the emotional burden that comes with it: too valuable to drop, deathly fragile, and prone to exploding (diarrhea).

But just as you make it to the door, whatever deity was watching you as you diffused the bomb seems to have clocked out.

“Sawbones, what the hell--?”

During your impromptu bomb disposal lesson, it seems that Fitz managed to shrug off the bind that was keeping her immobile. And right now, she’s right in front of the entrance, just about to come on in and check up on your delay.

She's less than a foot away from you. Her blue eyes are wide, and her mouth open in shock as you come rushing towards her as fast as you can.

>Roll d100 + 10 for agility to avoid colliding into Fitz.
>>
Rolled 71 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>45019715
>>
Rolled 71 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>45019715
Spin move!
>>
Rolled 65 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>45019715
check my 71
>>
>>45019732
>>45019766
Checked
>>
>>45019809
So close

Gotta go fast
>>
File: 116567116.Vo9WEPwG.sr0028.jpg (435 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
116567116.Vo9WEPwG.sr0028.jpg
435 KB, 800x533
>>45019732
>>45019766
>>45019809

Like the football players you see on TV, you manage to bob and weave your way past the surprised ex-police officer, and make it to the front of the gate without jostling the bomb too much. It takes a very tense five seconds for the lock to verify your identity before the gate opens to let you through.

But Fitz seems to be quite determined to figure out whatever it is that you’re up to. “Sawbones, what the fuck is going on?”

“Bomb disposal!” You shout as you take off into the woods. “Guard the front while I’m gone, okay?!”

By the time Fitz manages to find her tongue, all you can hear in the distance is a somewhat faint, “The fuck do you mean bomb disposal?!”

One minute-fifty three seconds are left on the clock.

Your current mile is about five minutes and forty seconds, give or take a few off it. If you give yourself thirty seconds to drop the bomb and get clear of the blast radius…aw, fuck it. Screw the math, you just need to get the bomb a good distance away from the generators.

Forty seconds go by, and you can’t even see the electric fence anymore. You figure that this is a good spot to drop it, right in the literal middle of nowhere.

>Roll 1d100 + 40 for Encounter.
>>
Rolled 59 + 40 (1d100 + 40)

>>45020060
Come on Nat 1 or 100.
>>
Rolled 54 + 40 (1d100 + 40)

>>45020060
>>
Rolled 91 + 40 (1d100 + 40)

>>45020060
DONT FUCK UP
>>
File: Batman-Bomb-77710.gif (2 MB, 350x183) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Bomb-77710.gif
2 MB, 350x183
>>
>>45020114
I think that gif sums up todays thread.
>>
>>45020080
You did not
>>
File: GriffonSMT.jpg (573 KB, 1936x2212) Image search: [Google]
GriffonSMT.jpg
573 KB, 1936x2212
>>45020074
>>45020079
>>45020080

As soon as you gently lay the bomb down on the ground, you hoof it out of there as fast as you possibly can with a minute on the clock. You can feel your heart hammering in your sternum, and threatening to burst out of your ribs, and your lungs feel like they’re on fire. But that pain isn’t anything compared to taking a bomb to the face.

“MASTER!”

Gryphon comes out of the undergrowth and starts rubbing up against your side. “WHAT MATTER?”

You pale. If it took five minutes for your demon to reach you…

Thirty seconds left before detonation.

“Gryphon, run!!”

Before you see if it listened or not, you high-tale it out of there as fast as you can. It doesn’t take too long for Gryphon to catch up to you, trying to outpace you with only its legs. “RACE? GRYPHON RACE AGAINST MASTER!”

The pros of spending a breath to correct him aren’t worth the cons. You need all the breath you can get before the bomb goes off. And since Gryphon is running anyway, there really isn’t much of a point in telling it off.

You sight of the electric fence, panting and gasping for breath as you stagger towards the gate. Fitz holds the entrance open for you as you and Gryphon make your way behind the fence. With an exhausted breath, you collapse onto the ground, facing up and wheezing for breath.

You can feel an earth-shaking BOOM from behind you. In the distance, you can see a small fiery cloud erupt from the forest, with colds of earth and wood shooting into the sky. It’s a good twenty, twenty five meters out, and completely out of range of the generators.
You set your head against the earth. You made it.

>Hey anons, how’s your luck?
>Roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>45020368
Pretty shit Kaz, how bout yours?
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>45020368
Good race Gryphon. Weary thumbs up.
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>45020368
luckiest man alive
>>
>>45020395
>>45020396
>>45020397
I'm guessing we pass out from exertion?
>>
>>45020493
Nah, this is a luck roll for something. Sprinting like that much for a slightly trained soldier would be tiring yes but we wouldn't pass out involuntarily.
>>
>>45020493

Five generators, but only one bomb? Just because you found one bomb doesn't mean that there weren't any others.

Of course, you seem to have been lucky enough to take the main bomb out of range of the rest of the cluster.

But then again, that's implying that there were other bombs...three bricks of C4 is more than enough to take out the generator room.
>>
>>45020551
Welp gg no re. Hope we are far enough away.
>>
>>45020397
>>45020396
>>45020395

Do we always have shit luck?
>>
>>45020637
Hey, thats confirmation bias. We've had good rolls today.
>>
>>45020579

Nah, you made it. The way the bombs were set up , the one with the timer had to go off before the rest of them explode. It was a rush job and the perp didn't have time to individually set timers on each of them. Just a wireless sync trigger that activated when the timer reached zero.

>>45020637

Not all the time, anon.
>>
File: BootcampFitzV1.png (94 KB, 441x563) Image search: [Google]
BootcampFitzV1.png
94 KB, 441x563
Gryphon seems to be happy at the fact that you’re able to keep up with it. It happily trots around your prone form while trilling at the top of its lungs.

>Gryphon Loyalty at 20%

A shadow blocks your view of the small cloud of smoke gradually rising into the sky. Fitz gives you a stern look before hauling your body up against the sniper tower.

She squats down in front of you, scowls and says, “Okay, so explain to me what the fuck just happened down there. You said something about a bomb, and then took off like fuckin’ Speedy Gonzales had a match under his ass.”

“C4 bomb…in the…generator room…” You gasp out as you try to catch your breath. “Alger…Kristoff…had to remove and…get away…"

Fitz’s eyebrows rise marginally. “So let me get
this straight: upon finding a bomb in the generator room, you decide to make a dead run into the woods to get rid of the damn thing?”

You manage to nod.

It takes a few seconds, but eventually Fitz bursts into laughter. “Holy fuckin’ shit!” She gasps out, nearly unable to speak in her laughter. “Sawbones, that’s something out of a goddamn cartoon show! And even though…you still went through with it! Balls...balls of steel!”

Fitz approves +10!

Rolling your eyes, you reach for your Gauntlet, shoving Fitz’s throaty, feminine laughter, and the image of her clutching her sides to the back of your mind. Maybe you should give Alger a sitrep about the the situation went.

“Brown, I need some good news,” Alger growls once the connection is established. "What happened over there?!"

>Write-in.
>>
>>45020838
"Generators are safe. I got the bomb away in time, it detonated in the forest."
>>
>>45020838
I grabbed the bomb and tossed it in the woods, It's handled. Hopefully That's the ONLY one. Also I can apparently run as Fast as my gryphon when I'm carrying blocks of C4.
That pic

Is Fritz aroused?
>>
>>45020880
I think 'very amused' would be a better phrase.
>>
>>45020838
"Got the bomb out, but I swear if there are more, I can't move another step."
>>
>>45020895
>I can't move another step
Yes we can anon. I think you are underestimating a soldier's stamina and what adrenaline can do.
>>
>>45020924
but it's funny
>>
>>45021109
>Telling your CO who wants a serious Sitrep that you can't move anymore as a joke when you still have a defense mission to complete..

He'd just get chewed out anon.
>>
>>45021225
okay, okay

"Got the bomb out, but no guarantees that there aren't any more."

happy?
>>
File: FitzIntimate.png (313 KB, 445x562) Image search: [Google]
FitzIntimate.png
313 KB, 445x562
>>45020880

...anon, those kinds of images only come out if you decide to pursue either Fitz or Victoria.

But if you're so eager to see what Fitz looks like when she's aroused...then have a sample on me.
>>
File: 1453747951436.png (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1453747951436.png
76 KB, 500x500
>>45021269
You're having a lot of fun with that character maker aren't you?

>>45021264
Sorry I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but levity has to be at the right moments know what I mean?
>>
>>45021269
WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THIS?
Also, is that a towel or a dress?
>>
>>45021328
yes

>>45021316
I get that, but I'm caught between trying to make something that gets the message across, and is short/exasperated enough to sound like it came from someone who ran on a bomb timer.

Also internet issues are a bitch.
>>
>>45021269
>Fitz or Victoria
>or
>>
>>45021316

As much as I like it, it's really limited in how I can arrange characters as best as I can. The default jawline is too smooth for me to make anything but girls.

>>45021328

In case some of our anons decide to think with the other head when interacting with the girls on the team.

It's the best dress the character maker had, and there wasn't a naked option that I could see. Sue me.
>>
>>45021384
>being a haremfag
>>
>>45021269
>going after humans
Shiggy diggy
>>
>>45021384
Yeah good fucking luck. I doubt either of them are the sharing type.
>>
>>45021388
That's what I thought it was, just wondering.
>>
File: NLilith.jpg (365 KB, 1280x2420) Image search: [Google]
NLilith.jpg
365 KB, 1280x2420
>>45021399

"I take seed from men and strangle babes in their cribs. Tell me, Child of Adam, which one are you?"

Almost finished with the next snip.
>>
>>45021463
Urge to punch rising.
>>
>>45021491
Amelia please, you're not even in this iteration.
>>
File: 1450404474881.png (21 KB, 488x469) Image search: [Google]
1450404474881.png
21 KB, 488x469
>>45021504
Amelia 'Mess with my head, you are going to get dead' Bishop.
>>
File: 1430480682395.png (45 KB, 272x273) Image search: [Google]
1430480682395.png
45 KB, 272x273
>>45020863
>>45020880
>>45021264

“The generators are safe…” You exhale. “I managed to get the bomb away in time…dropped it in the forest…ran back before…before it blew up…”

Alger grunts in surprise. “I’m impressed, rookie. That takes guts to do what you did. Real guts. Maybe I was wrong. You do belong here, after all, if you’re willing to carry a goddamn bomb!”

To hear him praise you and say that you’re actually a part of the Task Force…that’s about the nicest thing that the commander’s ever said to you. It…it surprisingly feels good.

Alger approves +15!

“So…what now, sir?”

“Catch your breath and secure the site. We’ll rendezvous over with you. Things are starting to cool down here on our end, and the demons are being driven back into the woods. Think you can do that?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Glad to hear it. Alger out.”

>You have successfully protected the generators and completed the objective!

>You have gained a level!
>You are now Level 9!
>You have gained a level!
>You are now Level 10!
>You may now control and fuse demons up to your current level!

>Every two levels starting at level 10, you may select a perk.

>Please choose one of the following perks:
>Fitness Discipline: Instead of taking -10 to Combat every thirty minutes of physical exertion, you take -10 every hour.
>Nice Guy: Demons acquired through negotiation start at 10% Loyalty.

A thought suddenly runs through your mind. A really, really bad thought. Five generators, but only one bomb? You found one bomb…but that doesn’t mean that it was the only…bomb…

>Send someone to check for more bombs.
>Go yourself.
>>
>>45021394
>implying
>>
>>45021568

Fritz, she was swat.
>>
>>45021568
>Fitness Discipline: Instead of taking -10 to Combat every thirty minutes of physical exertion, you take -10 every hour.

Since Centaur started high loyalty when we got him, its due to the negotiation process that decides starting loyalty. As long as we don't consistently botch it we should get over 10% loyalty at the start I feel.
>>
>>45021568
>Nice Guy
>Go yourself
>>
>>45021568
>Go yourself.
>>
>>45021568
>Go yourself.
>>
>>45021568
talky talky, the first few percent are the roughest

I know the other anon said we can still move, but I'd rather the one who had some time resting on the floor do any more running.
>>
>>45021568
The ex-swat girl.
>>
>>45021610
>>45021612
>>45021630
>>45021637
>>45021657
Why are we going when Fritz was literally trained for this in her old job?
>>
>>45021568
>Go yourself.

>Ask someone to come with you
Victoria is a mechanic so she might know about bomb defusal somehow?
>>
>>45021690
Because not going is for pussies.
>>
>>45021696

Victoria is still with Alger, and they're still dealing with the aftermath of the western assault. And even though she's very talented at what she does, bombs are whole different beast than automobiles.
>>
>>45021568
>Fitz

>>45021690
Alright fine. Deleted my old vote.

>>45021696
Vic isn't even here and why would you think a mechanic would know bomb defusal?
>>
>>45021568

Fitz

>>
>>45021690
trained to... see bombs that are planted? it's not hard anon.
>>
>>45021731
Wishful thinking
>>
>>45021760
If you think that's all it takes to even just TOUCH a live bomb, I think you have problems.
>>
>>45021788
they're checking for bombs, not doing anything else
>>
File: Petra.png (107 KB, 455x600) Image search: [Google]
Petra.png
107 KB, 455x600
>>45021388
>The default jawline is too smooth for me to make anything but girls.

Tell me about it. I tried my hand at making the London cast, but there was no way to do justice to any of the male characters. Kinda sucks.
>>
>>45021837
....what do you think they're supposed to do after FINDING a bomb?
>>
>>45021788
It's c4 it's known for being famously inert unless acted upon with the combination of extreme heat and shock wave from a detonator.
>>
>>45021878
make sure there's no timer and then don't fuck with it. get the eod guys out here.
>>
>>45021894
>>45021895
neither of those are known by Adrian.

known by Fitz? Highly likely.
>>
Guys it really doesn't matter who goes down to check.

Might as well let Fitz stretch her legs after being paralyzed, while we overwatch the area from a fixed position.
>>
>>45021894

https://youtu.be/kw1nzMY-Ouw?t=34s

First thing I thought of
>>
File: swat.jpg (18 KB, 727x244) Image search: [Google]
swat.jpg
18 KB, 727x244
You turn to Fitz, who seems to have calmed down. A look to the top of the sniper tower confirms that Brady’s either doing his job and keeping a sharp eye as a lookout, or desperately trying to ignore why the hell Fitz was laughing her head off.

“Call me paranoid, but I think we may have a problem.”

She frowns. “Problem as in…”

“…there might be more bombs down there. Unexploded ordinance, hopefully, because it’s been at least two minutes since the original bomb went off.”

“So you want me to go down there and sniff around for any other bombs?”

“More or less, yes.” You shamelessly admit.

Rolling her eyes, she calls her demons to her side, with Lham Dearg standing at the entrance and Apsaras at her side. “What kind of bombs?”

“C4. Alger confirmed it for me.”

Fitz curses. “Yikes. That’s some real nasty shit someone’s playing with. No wonder the explosion was a bright orange. That’s C4 if I ever saw it, and I’ve seen a lot of it.”

At a tilt of your head, she elaborates further. “You don’t need to be in the Bomb Squad to know what C4 looks like, sawbones. I didn’t selected for further training in how to specifically defuse the damn things, but you tend to pick up knowledge when you have the Bomb Squad riding along the SWAT team for a few deployments.”

Well what do you know? You learn something new every day.

“See you on the flip side.” With that, she bids you a jaunty wave and disappears into the entrance, standing in the middle of her formation with the demons in her party.

Two minutes later, your headset rings. “That hunch you were feelin’? You sure you weren’t a bomb sniffer in a past life? Because underneath every other generator, there’s a goddamn block of C4 strapped to it. No timer, though…that’s really odd.”

You try not to let the anxiety in your stomach leak through your voice as you reply...

>Have Fitz remove them.
>Wait for Alger.
>>
>>45022180
>Wait for Alger
Let His real Bomb tech examine them for evidence. Brady you see anything?
>>
>>45022180
>Wait for Alger.
>>
>>45022180
>>Wait for Alger.
"Well if they were supposed to be remote detonated it would have happened by now. We should wait for the cavalry."
>>
>>45022180
>Wait for Alger.
>>
File: Lt. Kristoff V2.jpg (230 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
Lt. Kristoff V2.jpg
230 KB, 960x1440
“Let’s wait for Alger to come. He’s got a bomb specialist from the marines…Kristoff, was his name.”

She does a good job of hiding it, but you can slightly hear the relief in her reply. “If you say so. Whelp, now that that’s done, I’m gonna head back up to patrol the perimeter if that’s alright with you.”

“Yeah, go ahead. Keep a sharp eye out for any hostiles.”

By the time Fitz manages to come up and stand at the door, you’ve already got some company.

Alger looks like he’s been through hell. Burns, rending cuts through his uniform, and a whole lot of dirt and soot streaked across his skin and face. MacKay and Victoria seem to be alright, minus some superficial damage. The mechanic gives a tired, but cheerful smile and wave as they approach the gate, with the priest smiling and nodding in your direction.

A fourth man stands with them, one that you don’t recognize. Judging from the friendly smile he directs in your direction, this must be the Lt. Kristoff that helped you out with the bomb earlier.

The gate swings open to let the four of them in, and your commander grunts as you and Fitz stand at attention. “Nice job locking the site down, and finding the bomb. Never would’ve thought that we’d be betrayed by one of our own.”

He seems to be crestfallen at the fact that one of the Task Force betrayed them. You don’t blame him. You’d probably be feeling the same thing if you were in his position.

“Um…sir, about that bomb…” Fitz begins slowly before continuing, “There’s more than one.”

That gets everyone’s attention. “More than one?” He says sharply.

You nod. “I had a hunch that something was wrong. One bomb for five generators? It just didn’t feel right…”

(cont.)
>>
File: Alger.png (233 KB, 305x803) Image search: [Google]
Alger.png
233 KB, 305x803
The look on his face is grim after you explain your rationalle. “Kristoff, follow me. We need to get this shit sorted out before Commander Sparda arrives with Division One. He’s gonna want to see some headway into investigating this clusterfuck…”

With that, the two men jog at a moderate pace towards the bunker, leaving the four of you standing there, sans Brady who you can see climbing down from the sniper tower as fast as he can to join you.

>“So how’d things go on your end?”
>“Well that went well as expected.”
>>
>>45022646
>>
>>45022646
>>
>>45022646
>>
>>45022646
>>
>>45022646
>>
File: MacKay.jpg (54 KB, 473x550) Image search: [Google]
MacKay.jpg
54 KB, 473x550
You decide to be the one to break the silence before it forms with your usual witty rejoinder. “So how’d things go on your end?”

Victoria approves +3
MacKay approves +2

For once, Victoria isn’t the one to take the initiative. “All things considered,” MacKay says, scratching his head, “I consider emerging from that battlefield in once piece to be quite the success. It was a very intense battlefield.”

“That’s not wrong…” Victoria moans, flopping back against a stone section of the fence. “I just want to sleep for a long time…my body’s sore all over from all the running and dodging…”

Fitz cuts in. “Did you run into any…rabid demons? We had some problems of our own over here.”

The mechanic nods sullenly. “Yep…tried to negotiate with a cute porcupine, and I got a chest full of needles for my trouble.”

“We had little choice but to use complete and utter lethal force,” the priest states. “And when the Wendigo came out…” He shudders momentarily before resuming, “Let’s just say that I’m very thankful that Commander Alger brought a rocket launcher and summoned his own demons. I have no desire to go against such a creature for the foreseeable future.”

“Sounds like you’ve had one hell of a ride,” Brady remarks. "We got it rough, but nowhere near as bad as your end."

MacKay smiles at that. “Yes, that is one way of putting it, I suppose. But a bomb? I would rather face a demon than stand around nervously around an exploding object."

>“So what kind of demons does Alger use?”
>“Are you guys alright? Any injuries?”
>>
>>45022917
>>
>>45022917
>>
File: 1373216698865.gif (941 KB, 398x223) Image search: [Google]
1373216698865.gif
941 KB, 398x223
>>45022917
>>
>>45022917
>>“So what kind of demons does Alger use?”
>>“Are you guys alright? Any injuries?”
Por que no los dos?
>>
>>45022917
>>
File: Smt2comp.jpg (497 KB, 1880x1880) Image search: [Google]
Smt2comp.jpg
497 KB, 1880x1880
“What kind of demons does Alger use?” You ask. At a few raised eyebrows, you respond with, “Just curious is all. I doubt that the commander would be the kind to use pixies.”

“He’s different from the other Devil Summoners,” MacKay slowly says. “Unlike Lt. Kristoff, who primarily employs Western European demons, Commander Alger doesn’t stick to a certain theme. One moment, he was using a Minotaur to rip an Orthus demon in half, while laying ice spells into the enemies with a black version of Brady’s Jack Frost. In another instant…”

“He switches to a Rakshasa and a green fairy to deal with the Wendigo,” Victoria finishes. “His demons are from all over the world, from multiple nationalities and cultures. No one demon on his team hails from the same culture.”

“If you’re a SEAL,” Fitz says with a wry smile on her face, “Then it makes sense that you get a taste of the world when you go from station to station. Maybe he likes to collect ‘em all from around the world.”

That elicits a chuckle out of everyone.

You decide to put your worries to rest and ask, “That aside, are you guys alright? Your clothes…they’re all scuffed up.”

“Oh, I assure you that it’s much worse than it looks,” MacKay gestures to his chest armor. “The armor absorbed a lot of the more lasting blows, and the worse injury I got was a head wound that Hua Po managed to heal. If anything, I’m in need of a new set of outerwear.”

Victoria raises her hands as well. “Same thing on my end…this is the second set of clothing I’m going to have to throw away-”

Suddenly, all of your COMPs crackle to life. “Look alive, everyone. Commander Sparda and Division One are due to arrive within the minute. I’m calling in a flatbed from homebase to get us back there so we can give a report.”

(cont.)
>>
>>45023189
>commander Sparda
Dante?
>>
File: 1452725241526.jpg (155 KB, 902x854) Image search: [Google]
1452725241526.jpg
155 KB, 902x854
>>45023225
>>
File: Commadner Sparda V1.jpg (88 KB, 400x565) Image search: [Google]
Commadner Sparda V1.jpg
88 KB, 400x565
Just as Alger and Kristoff emerge from the generator rooms, gingerly holding the ordinance in their hands, the aforementioned flatbed rolls up. You all clamber in, all the while taking good care to sit as far away from the C4 as possible, despite Kristoff’s insistence that he disarmed them.

The ride is the shortest that it’s ever been, at least only two minutes of ducking and weaving through the woods. But even then, it’s not quick enough to make it before the mentioned Commander Sparda arrives.

When the flatbed emerges out of the woods, you can all see three military choppers settling down on the fields, with armed agents in D.E.M.O.N.I.C.A. armor assuming defensive positions. Oddly enough, there doesn’t seem to be any other sign or indication that there’s anyone in charge of Division One.

As you all clamber out of the flatbed, a man steps out of one of the helicopters, flanked by two heavily armored Devil Summoners. His white hair has a windswept look to it, most likely from the helicopter ride, and his clothes are hardly the sort of attire that one would wear into battle. In one of his hands, he carries a sword in a lacquered sheathe. A Japanese katana, that Victoria excitedly identifies as.

But even then, there’s a regal presence to him as he approaches you, something about the way he carries himself with poise and great dignity. You can’t help but feel compelled to listen to whatever he has to say. He has presence, weight in his existence.

He gives you all a looking over, and the corner of his mouth turns upward. “It seems that I’ve arrived a bit too late, Commander Alger,” he says with a smooth voice. “I most sincerely apologize for the any trouble that my delay has caused.”

(cont.)
>>
File: 1451381537429.gif (186 KB, 511x394) Image search: [Google]
1451381537429.gif
186 KB, 511x394
>>45023381
I am going to be hearing his cheesy DMC3 voice no matter how serious and straight he is in this.
>>
File: Commander Sparda.png (2 MB, 1445x2355) Image search: [Google]
Commander Sparda.png
2 MB, 1445x2355
Alger gives a brief salute before responding. “We managed to drive them off back to the mountains, and took lots of injuries, but no fatalities of our own. Somehow, we pulled through.”

“If that was the case, then calling for aid was a waste of time, no?” Alger looks flabbergasted before Sparda chuckles slightly. “It’s only a joke, a little bit of humor to make light of a bad situation. But what’s this that I hear about a traitor in our midst?”

Alger mentions for Kristoff to present the inert bombs to Sparda. “One of my men found these attached to our primary generators by the Eastern woods, and was able to get the main bomb out of the way before it exploded. It seems that whoever set them up didn’t have enough time to attach timers to all of them.”

“A botched job, certainly…have you compiled a list of suspects yet?”

“Yes, sir. I’ve had Mido run a list and forward it to every officer above the rank of Captain, as well as Internal Investigations at Division Three.”

“Excellent. Tell me, who made this discovery?”

You feel everyone’s eyes turn on you as Alger motions for you to step forward. “This is the one that discovered the bombs. Private Adrian Brown,” he introduces you . “Recent recruit and two weeks into Cocytus when this attack happened.”

You can feel Sparda giving you a thorough inspection.You resist the urge to squirm, or look away from those piercing eyes. “Well, it seems that you have my thanks for unearthing this treachery. You performed quite admirably for one of your rank.”

>Write-in.
>>
>>45023510
"Thank you, sir."
>>
>>45023510
I guess give a thank you and a salute. Not much to do here without overstepping bounds, etc.
>>
>>45023510
I was plenty motivated to make sure it didn't detonate in the immediate vicinity, and thank you sir
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (42 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg
42 KB, 600x800
Those of you good at photoshop please edit this.
>>
File: Sparda in Action.jpg (102 KB, 841x649) Image search: [Google]
Sparda in Action.jpg
102 KB, 841x649
Considering that this is the commander of the number one division in the Task Force, it’s probably best to be the obedient soldier that they expect for you to be. “Thank you, sir. I was very motivated to make sure that it didn’t detonate within the immediate vicinity.”

Sparda nods in approval. “A task that you saw through at great risk to yourself. Such is a trait of the ideal Task Force agent. Continue to perform your duties to your fullest. Alger was very lucky to recruit you to his division.”

“Yes, I will, sir. Thank you, Commander Sparda.”

Sparda regards your COMP with undisguised interest. “I see that you have already acquired some demons for yourself. Tell me, as an initiate Devil Summoner, how do you view demons? Are they comrades-in-arms to fight and share life with? Or are they mere tools for our own ends?”

At Alger’s concerned look, he dismissively waves his hand. “I’m merely curious. There is no wrong answer to the choices I present. I promise not to discharge him based upon his answer, if that’s what you’re worried about.”

>Comrades.
>Tools.
>>
>>45023670
>Comrades but human life will take priority
>>
>>45023670
>Comrades.
>>
>>45023670
>Comrades.
waifus
>>
>>45023670
"Its an odd balance. They have their own personalities and desires. I can see genuine friendships forming between demon and summoner. But at the same time we have to employ things like fusion in order to survive against stronger threats. If I had to choose one though Sir, I would say comrades."
>>
Its hard to say tools after you've had a Pixie hug your face, saying how much she missed you and asking after your well being.
>>
>>45023825

Is that going into the response, or is that just general food for thought, anon?
>>
>>45023856
General food for thought. Don't say that in front of Mr. Motivation.
>>
File: 6isStHP.jpg (120 KB, 620x537) Image search: [Google]
6isStHP.jpg
120 KB, 620x537
You remember earlier that day, when you reunited with Pixie after two weeks of separation. She hugged your face, said she missed you so much, and asked after your well-being.

The loyal Centaur, the demure Napaea, and even the simple-minded Gryphon. To a certain extent, all of the demons in your COMP care for you, even if they displayed it in different and unconventional ways.

In the end, you know which choice you have to make.

You take a brief moment to carefully compose your response before replying, “It’s an odd balance, sir. They have their own personalities and desires. I can see genuine friendships forming between demons and their Summoners. And I’m aware that at the same time, we also have to employ things like fusion in order to survive against stronger threats. But if I had to choose only one, sir, I would say comrades.”

+4 to Light

>Centaur’s Loyalty is at 100%!
>Napaea’s Loyalty is at 90%!
>Gryphon’s Loyalty is at 40%!

Sparda blinks in surprise, seemingly stunned at the eloquence of your response. He’s not the only one either. The rest of Division Four with you are currently stunned as well, with the emotions on their face reacting as surprised (Alger, Kristoff), intrigued (MacKay, Fitz) and delighted (Victoria, Brady).

>Alger approves +3
>Kristoff approves +3
>MacKay approves +2
>Fitz approves +3
>Victoria approves +5
>Brady approves +4

(cont.)
>>
File: tumblr_lxvewcQrUS1r7eq0no1_1280.jpg (117 KB, 600x472) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxvewcQrUS1r7eq0no1_1280.jpg
117 KB, 600x472
Then, the commander of Division One surprises you by laughing. It isn’t a mocking laugh, but you can’t exactly place its emotion. “That’s quite the response, and one that I was not expecting to hear. For the most part, all I get are single-word answers or a sentence with their reasoning. You, Private Brown, are full of surprises, aren’t you?

“But I shouldn’t keep you any longer. Doubtless you are eager to debrief and wash away the day’s troubles and exertions from your body. I myself have to begin investigations of my own. It’s been a pleasure, Private Brown, and I hope to see you again someday. Until then, I’ll be sure to keep a close eye on your performance. Be sure to keep up the good work.”

Whistling to himself, Sparda makes an about face and walks to the direction of the main facility. You barely finish saluting before Alger grabs your arm in a tight grip and hauls you over to the side, away from the rest of your division.

“Listen to me very, very carefully,” He intones with a grave and urgent voice. “Don’t ever do something like that again in front of Sparda, do you understand? That man…I would trust him with my life…but beyond that, I’m just another commander in the great chain. He is not my friend, nor am I his.

“He’s dangerous, Brown, a man the likes of which I’ve never seen before. To attract his attention…it never brings anything good. But if you would promise me one thing, I want you to never do something like that in front of Sparda ever again, do you understand me? Promise me.”

>Write-in.
>>
>>45024045
Understood sir...
>>
>>45024045
I promise. What has his attention brought others in the past though?
>>
>>45024060
>>45024081

You’re momentarily taken aback by the intensity of Alger’s voice, but you manage to nod. “Understood, sir. I won’t do anything like that again.”

With a deep breath, he releases your arm, and rubs his hand across his face. “Christ, what a nightmare…”

Rubbing the spot where he grabbed you, you ask, “If you don’t mind me asking, sir, what has his attention brought to others in the past?”

Alger grimaces. “…let me just say that Commander Sparda is a good warrior and Devil Summoner, as well as a man of eccentricity. He prides himself on running the most elite division of agents, and has a very large sphere of influence throughout the Task Force. It goes without saying that we recruit from the best of the best, but Sparda…he wants the cream of the crop all to himself.

“Data analyzers, Devil Summoners, sharpshooters, you name it. More than once has he…aggressively recruited individuals from other Divisions for his own. You think that this is a harmless thing? The missions that Division One goes on are deadly, even more so than what the rest of us face. And more often than not, rising talent from one division are unable to handle what Sparda’s has to offer, and crack under the pressure, grossly unprepared and thrown to the deep end of the pool without any sort of warning.

“So believe me when I say that I’m doing this to save your life. You’ve been lucky so far, but like I told you before, it can only carry you so far before drying up completely. If you want to join Division One, then by all means, I won’t stop you. But there’s no way that I’m going to let you go without the proper training.”

All you can do is nod. “Y…yes, sir. I think I understand sir.”

Alger sighs. “Good. See that you do.” He begins walking away, looking deeply troubled as he whispers something under his breath.

>Roll d100 Perception to see if you can hear what Alger is saying to himself.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>45024219
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>45024219
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>45024219
>>
File: f5c.jpg (264 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
f5c.jpg
264 KB, 1280x720
“…not again…won’t lose another one…”

With your joyful mood earlier somewhat deflated, you slowly walk back to the rest of your Division. Kristoff has departed with Alger, leaving only the original five of you behind standing around in a very awkward silence.

Victoria frowns, looking at you directly. “Adrian, are you okay?” She asks with a concerned look on her face. “You look like you just had the wind knocked out of your sails.”

“Probably had something rude said to him,” Brady mutters, kicking a nearby stone. “Wouldn’t expect anything else from the Commander.”

“Be that as it may…” MacKay observes, “I highly doubt that Alger is petty enough to mouth off to Adrian after he received praise from another Commander.”

“Either way, we all stink,” Fitz sighs. “Let’s just debrief, hit the showers, get some chow, and hit the sack. I for one am fuckin’ beat…”

The rest of the group continues to make small talk, but you remain silent as your steps take you towards the door. The walk back to the barracks feels more like a slow march than anything else. And the kicker is that you have no idea where it’s taking you, even though you’re sure of the path you’re taking.

-------------

And that's the session. Thanks for tuning in, guys. Let's call it a night.
>>
>>45024340
Thanks for running Kaz, g'nite.
>>
>>45024340
Please add >>45023608 to your OP pic after swapping Dante with Vergil
>>
>>45024340
If we rolled a 1 when handling the bomb would we die?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
>>45024382

"Beyond the river is the land of the dead..."
>>
File: FeatVergil.png (156 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
FeatVergil.png
156 KB, 425x425
>>45024354

Did the best I could in MS paint, anon.
>>
File: New Title Image.png (508 KB, 958x512) Image search: [Google]
New Title Image.png
508 KB, 958x512
>>45023608
>>45024354
>>45024451

Fixed it a little bit.

Gonna archive it in a few minutes.

Follow me on Twitter for session times and other TF666-related stuff: https://twitter.com/TaskForceKaz

Don't forget to vote for the previous threads on suptg: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Devil%20Summoner%20Task%20Force%20666%20Quest

Hope y'all have a good night/morning/day/afternoon wherever you based anons are.
>>
>>45024545
>>45024545
Come to think of it, can we pay to use other people's mitama compendium data? Or other data in general?
>>
>>45024545
The sun is rising here. good night.
>>
>>45024612

The Task Force is more than willing to share information and intel, but not to rookies just starting their training. By the time you're full fledged agents, sure, you can hook up to the central hub to download information about a demon you're battling. They want you to get a general, instinctive "feel" for what a demon is weak/strong against like the Devil Busters of old before bringing in technological aid.

As for other people's compendiums...an agent's compendium is unique in that it can only be accessed by him/her and no one else. Mido claims to have no way to bypass it, citing the physical grimoires of old as being personal and bound to the one who wrote in it (filled it with demons).

So no, you cannot access other people's compendiums.

With that said, Devil Auction might make an appearance, but I can't promise anything.
>>
>>45024670
What about fusions between summoners?
>>
>>45024717

Fusions between summoners...probably not the most pragmatic of ideas since your left with the dilema of who gets the demon at the end.
>>
Fitz a shit
>>
The bombs were planted on Sparda's orders, to "test" the new recruits and anti-demon bioweapons
>>
>>45025016
Well you know what that means. We only have two options either go Aleph and become good enough to kill God with a Katana, or find a Magatama and become a half-demon and punch him in the face.

Both options involve teaming up with his younger brother. Possibly becoming Freelance!
>>
>>45015915
Bloody hell, I'm late. At least I caught it still live, I guess.
>>
>>45021384
>harems
"no"
>>45021399
>Demons
They'll never love us back, anon, might as well accept it early on.
>>
>>45029487
>They'll never love us back
But our character isn't called Anthony
>>
>>45024231
Are we sure we haven't gone hard of hearing since that thing with the sirens in the hospital?
>>
>>45029487
Pixie totally loves us.
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.