[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I unironically love Tau. How fucked am I? Because clearly people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 21
File: Farsight Enclave.png (1 MB, 1018x651) Image search: [Google]
Farsight Enclave.png
1 MB, 1018x651
I unironically love Tau.
How fucked am I? Because clearly people don't like them and give me dicks for that deviant attraction.
>>
I like them too, they're the only reasonable faction that isn't space elves (fuck space elves).
>>
>The Tau dream of uniting the races of the galaxy under their benevolent rule (by force if necessary)
Only in 40k
>>
>>45012292
>>45012309
Exactly.
The only faction I really can relate to, because they are the most humane. More so than even human counterpart in the setting.
>>
>>45012292
>fuck space elves

With pleasure.
>>
>>45012225
They're alright but the fluff with some of their campaigns has a lot of plot armor which gets a bit annoying
>>
>>45012426
That's actually pretty sad.
You do realize that if not for a chain of uncanny events - they would be annihilated with ease.
Heck, if they weren't so less significant of a threat to the Imperium than other factions - they would be wiped out already.
>>
>>45012225

DonĀ“t worry OP it is accepted to be gay these days. In some places you can even marry.
>>
File: Eldar victory.png (79 KB, 1341x571) Image search: [Google]
Eldar victory.png
79 KB, 1341x571
>>45012292
>elfdar
>reasonable
>>
>>45013158
Just don't get caught liking Tau in Africa
>>
>>45012225
Speaking of tau, how do you like to equip your crisis suits ? I'm new and trying to build a list but I don't know what to get for MEQ hunting.
>>
>>45012225
Eh, Tau are cool. I'd really like them if Crisis Suits weren't so damned ugly.
>>
File: 1452719537783.jpg (50 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
1452719537783.jpg
50 KB, 600x398
>>45012225
Kroot should be a WH40k faction of their own. Stupid fucking faggot tau piggybacking their betters then shamefully taking the name of the codex for themselves.

Tau are lucky Kroot don't care.
>>
>>45012292
I wouldn't even say they're reasonable, they're just more unified in their reasonableness than everybody else.

There are loads of extremely intelligent, rational Imperial servants like Rogue Traders and Inquisitors, but there are also fanatically hateful Rogue Traders and Inquisitors who have exactly the same amount of authority the Tau do.

The Tau have a much more unified vision and purpose than the Imperium due to their quasi-mind-control of the general public, harshly disciplined drive to self-sacrificing for the common good, and the fact that they have yet to experience any calamity on the scales of the Birth of Slaanesh, the rebellion of the Men of Iron, the Horus Heresy, The Green Tide, and other cataclysmic events that teach incredibly harsh lessons to the galaxy. They maybe/maybe not do or don't recognize what Chaos is and how it functions, and display no real intention of doing so except for a few individuals who are borderline rebellious in their doctrinal beliefs. The are also more unified simply by the dent that they're ridiculously small compared to the Imperium, who sincerely could crush them under a tide of bodies should they really choose to do it.

They have a "reasonable" veneer, but they're just as out of touch as the rest of the galaxy is.
>>
>>45013379
Don't worry - strong kroot males scratch all the backs of hot blue bitches they want.
>>
>>45013676
* who have exactly the same amount of authority the reasonable ones do

My bad. Typed too fast.
>>
>>45013676
They are the only ones who practice diplomacy with other races. I wouldn't call that simply "more unified".
They have their own flaws, but compared to the rest of the setting - they aren't as bad.
>>
>>45013217
Plasma is the most ideal for killing Marines, though I personally use Missile pods for the extra range to make them a bit more versatile.
>>
>>45012225
Can't do much about people who dislike them for their fluff or looks, but you can at least tone down lists for people who dislike them for their mechanical strength.
>>
>>45012292
>(fuck space elves)
>Tau are cool though

eyeroll.gif
>>
You like what faction you like. Some will hate but fuck them anyways.
Now what is really gay is starting a while new thread to talk about it. That's pretty gay. Like docking gay.
>>
>anons itt actually getting mad about people who like tau
>anons itt actually taking this thread personally
lel
>>
>>45015163
I'm not a table guy, I just collect minis and dig fluff.
It's just I have a feeling that Tau almost universally hated, with little of love from community.
>>45015427
I'm a softspot, that's true.
>>
>>45012292
>hating on space elves
Spotted the HFY wanker
>>
>>45012225
Well Tau are one of the most OP armies right now so you're actually not very fucked at all.
>>
>>45012426
>lot of plot armor
So does the Imperium. Wasn't there some stupid bullshit of like 100 marines or some other stupidly low number wiping out an entire fucking craftworld?
>>
>>45013379
>what if orks were burds?!
>a good faction
Kek
>>
>>45018542
The Invaders (the entire chapter did) with the help of The Legion of the Damned.

The Invaders subsequently got their homeworld blown up by Eldar
>>
>>45018604
>the entire chapter
So that's 1000 at most. That's still absurdly low.
>>
>>45018663
space marines are scary

next question
>>
>>45018566
>Thinking "good at close combat" is the sole characteristics of the Orks and Kroot

Orks fight for the sake of fighting. Kroot fight to bring down prey that would allow better genetic traits through consumption. Orks are more like warriors while Kroot are more like predators.
>>
>>45018764
Space Marines eat brains to absorb memories
>>
>>45018764
Scary fluff marines backed up by 2spoopy Ghost Fluff Marines no less

Sons of Orar almost blew up a craftworld with their whole chapter too backed up by the Imperial Guard. They backed off those when the Eldar pointed out that other craftworld's forces were arriving and that the battle would end in MAD and that the war started on idiotic grounds in the first place.
>>
>>45018838
technically they only need to eat flesh or drink blood to do it
>>
>>45018889
No, they backed off when the Eldar revealed that the entire conflict started because of some fuckwit Sector Fleet Admiral trying to avenge the death of his son and fucking everything up.

The Sons of Orar would have been perfectly willing to kill Alaitoc at the cost of their own lives- that's the duty of a Space Marine and a devastating blow to the Eldar. What backed them off was revealing their brothers died in pure vanity.
>>
>>45018812
Kroot are quite literally Orks Lite, as a prolonged war with orks (and thus, frequent ork snacking) what nearly caused the Kroot to devolve into mindless brutes and is precisely the fate that the tau saved them from.

They're pretty much the setting equivalent of half-orcs.
>>
>>45018764
So are space elves. Or they're supposed to be when they're not getting kicked in the duck to prove how tough another faction is.

And now the Imperium is getting a few dick kicks to prove the tau's toughness. Take your lumps and quit crying.
>>
>>45019319
>Take your lumps and quit crying.
that would be better advice if you weren't crying about eldar getting out-spooked in the same post
>>
>>45012225
I don't see anything wrong with it. Tau do get a lot of hate, but the fans don't deserve the hate. Okay some of them do. The new Tau books are hilarious when you realize the Tau are becoming more like the Imperium, or soon will be.
>>
>>45012292
Hey Harlequins are pretty fun.
>>
>>45018951
so a successor chapter and guard can checkmate altioc? dam
>>
>>45019290
I was under the impression that Kroots were supposed to be Predators.
>>
have the ever gone over what the big deal Farsight went awol for was? Was it just because he fucking hates orks?
>>
>>45020237
He hates Ethereals.
>>
>>45014956
CASTRATION

A

S

T

R

A

T

I

O

N
>>
>>45015427
>implying docking isent
nope sorry i couldent complete the sentence this is /tg/ we will say a lot of things arent gay but i feel few of us would go that far
>>
>>45018945
wait really i thought it was brains

if i could find that old white dwarf that lists all the implants i could check
>>
File: FOR THE GREATER GOOD.gif (775 KB, 215x215) Image search: [Google]
FOR THE GREATER GOOD.gif
775 KB, 215x215
>>45023267
THE GREATER GOOD

H

E

G

R

E

A

T

E

R

G

O

O

D
>>
>>45018812
there both races that grow stronger through war
>>
>>45014956
>who practice diplomacy with other races
Total gunboat diplomacy.
>>
>>45023335
>Total gunboat diplomacy.
>implying that's not the best form of diplomacy
>>
>>45012225

Tau are cool. I like that in any other setting they would be the Reich-like fascist occupiers who conquer civilizations and install themselves as leaders while making the native population into a permanent underclass, but in 40k the Imperium already has that Nazi shit on lock and every other race is even more murder-happy so they're practically good guys.

Only a setting like 40k could make the giant assholes that are the Tau look reasonable. It's great.
>>
>>45023530
in theory your right but
>>45023267
that makes them the worst race
>>
>>45023320
how the fuck does that image move so smothly

theres no fucking noticeable transition at all
>>
>>45013183
I kek'd.
>>
>>45012225
I'm a Tau player and I frustrate the haters by being supremely smug about my delusions of superiority.
I.e. I engage in smacktalk wanking my railgun.
>>
>>45020237
He probably knows that Ethereals are a tool made by outsiders to manipulate Tau.
>>
>>45013217
I go Twin Fusionblaster and Flamer for most occasions.

>>45018519
Eliteist players and sore losers give give you shit for adopting a faction when it's strongest.

>>45018764
>space marines are scary
Because they are covered in absurdium reinforced plot armor.
Much like Tau really.
>>
>>45012225
>I unironically love Tau.
You have shitty taste, anon
>>
>>45024082
Tau's plot armor is superior
>>
>>45018812
You would have a better case saying Kroot are like slower Tyranids.
>>
>>45024242
It's different.
Space Marines just become as strong as they need to be while Tau have as much luck as they need to have.
>>
>>45024283
I'm subscribed to the theory that someone in the 40k universe is pulling strings behind the scenes to help the Tau along.
I want it to be Eldrad but it could be Tzeentch or even the Emperor though that becomes less likely the more Tau and Imperium murder each other.
>>
>>45024318
maybe its advance scouts of the hive mind wanting to soften the area up with war
>>
>>45023267
Aside from some speculations in non-canon ending of Dark Crusade, and some imperial notes in a Dwarf issue, there is little to support this whole castration hysteria.
I mean, they grant wide economical and cultural freedom to accepted worlds, in fact, they need to give this autonomy to freshly accepted Gue'vesa, since humans are mostly used as border guard or first wave of colonists on inhospitable worlds. And if you geld them - they won't produce enough labor and soldiers.
>>
>>45023530
>I like that in any other setting they would be the Reich-like fascist occupiers who conquer civilizations and install themselves as leaders while making the native population into a permanent underclass
Why?
They are like any other faction in any other setting that wages wars.
Man, they are like any other real life government that had generic military expansions (without gas and ovens that is).
>>
>>45025173
you may have a point

but if it is true then they are definitely the worst faction
>>
>>45023833
Because where they put the transition, it's not cut on a straight line, but around the blueberries.
>>
>>45025213
I'm more that sure Imperium uses birth control on grand scale also, and probably quite openly too.
>>
>>45024208
Why? Because weebaws and comnists?
>>
File: Slann_Mage_Priest_c.gif (37 KB, 268x428) Image search: [Google]
Slann_Mage_Priest_c.gif
37 KB, 268x428
Honestly, I'd like more hints of someone helping their rise than just "The Ethereals suddenly appeared to guide them" and suspiciously convenient Warpstorm/FTL drive nearby. It would easily justify their luck. Not an outright appearance of their Benefactors, just suspicions, conspiracy theories, and weird events.
>>
>>45025347
It's all the Deceiver.
>>
>>45025217
ah i think i sort of see what you mean
>>
>>45025242
maybe individual citizens but goverment sanctioned castration would be literaly one of the highest forms of hersey you are stoping the creation of more of the emperors servents
>>
File: Tau-Language.jpg (1 MB, 2177x1600) Image search: [Google]
Tau-Language.jpg
1 MB, 2177x1600
>>45025173
>and some imperial notes in a Dwarf issue

As far as I know, GW have never touched it. Relic suggested that they sterilized a rebellious population in their DC ending, it spread as memes do, then FFG incorporated it into the Deathwatch RPG fluff as something that was done apparently as a matter of course.
>>
>>45025347
Xenology says something about the Crystal the ethereals have in their forehead being nearly identical in form and purpose to one found on some alien that could in no way be related to tau. Who ever created the tau created other races too. It also says that their organs seemed to be at different stages of evolution, with some being far more primitive than they should, suggesting the tau were a rushed creation.

And the most unsettling thing in the tau dissection, they are the closest to humans in terms of form and function, suggesting they were created as a replacement race....
>>
It's cool to have your favorite race and army. Enjoy what you've got while you've got it. It's good that you can enjoy your chosen army and faction in this game. Especially these days.

For example: I love Tyranids. They are scattered and broken right now, but they're still good. It's just fun to watch a swarm of space bugs take the field. I almost never get to do anything with them other than let them stand there and be unique.

Everyone at my LGS rolls Space Marines, Tau, Ork, Eldar and Dark Eldar, we even have a couple Astra and AdMech. I'm just the lone Tyranid player. My army gets used as a punching bag. My rolls are mediocre at best. I don't cheese the rules of the game and I play strictly by the books since we don't have house rules. But they're still good. They're still fun to play to me, and that is why they're my favorites. Also their fluff is the most enjoyable.
>>
>>45026159
>Who ever created the tau created other races too
Xenology doesn't suggest that the insectoid race was another product of the same creators of the tau, but that the creators of the ethereal engineered them using the material from the insectoid race in question.

This followed by the historical record of eldar kidnapping a queen of said race saying "we'll make something free from the taint of chaos" or along those lines.

The tau don't even appear on the tablet showing the creations of the old ones.
>>
>>45026125
i love that spoon is one of the words given

not just as a joke but because it just seems like something realistic as well

>do not try to bend the ukos thats impossible instead only try to realize the truth.
>>
File: 1353853508957.jpg (62 KB, 550x339) Image search: [Google]
1353853508957.jpg
62 KB, 550x339
>>45012292
>>45023530
>Tau are the reasonable good guys
Bullshit.

>Imperium finds a sentient and space faring Xenos species
>exterminates them because humanity knows from experience that 99,99% of Xenos can't be trusted
>and because the Emperor, knowing humanity evolving their psychic potential and being unified under His banner is the best bet to rid the galaxy of Chaos, decreed so

>Tau find a sentient and space faring Xenos species
>tell them they are under the Greater Good now
>if they refuse they force them using all kinds of militaristic, economical and diplomatic means of pressure
>if everything fails they just exterminate them
>they do this because they think themselves superior to other races, despite the Greater Good
>and because the Ethereals, in their infinite greed and power lust, decreed so

If I'd live under an oppressive regime, I'd rather get dragged outside and shot in the head because I'm a dirty Slav than get my whole life destroyed and then secretly shot because I have non conforming thoughts or whatever.
>>
I will play your tau if you do not mind playing against a nurgle titan.
>>
>>45026255

Maybe an Old One survived and he's has been guiding the Tau from behind the scenes.
>>
>>45026314
>I'd rather get murdered or live in the bloodiest and most cruel regime imaginable than live in a regime where gue'vesa are described as "content"

logical
>>
>>45026539
Imperium is not the bloodiest or most cruel. It's described as the most oppresive regime in history. Many citizens are content with their lives and there are even peaceful happy planets until heretics and xenos arrive
>>
File: image.png (443 KB, 362x437) Image search: [Google]
image.png
443 KB, 362x437
>>45026580
I'll leave this here for the countdown.
>>
>>45026314
The emperor himself is basically a warp god.

But, even so, the warp exists, and as long as psychic races exist, the negative aspects of the warp will continue to exist.

Which, is then to go into the imperial cult. The entire reason the human race is on the decline. Technological progress ground to a halt, and it's mostly luck that the tools they have remain functional against the foes they fight.

They do fight a legitimate threat, but they are the very thing the Emperor fought against. The return of the Emperor would spark a new civil war, and probably be the final end of the human species in 40k.
>>
>>45026695
Oh no, champion of Carnac has arrived
>>
>>45026767
Don't worry. He's not. There's only one guy who likes that Astral Claw.
>>
If the Emperor ever comes back to life, I bet that the Emperor would purge two thirds of mankind once he figures out the whole STATE Religion based on HIM.
>>
>>45026837
I believe we have more than one champion of xenos and misanthropy on /tg/
>>
File: 002.jpg (513 KB, 1163x1730) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
513 KB, 1163x1730
>>45026580
The Imperium has always been described as the cruellest and most bloody regime imaginable, from the original rulebook through to the present. Although it's debate whether that's actually true or ever was beyond the point when it was first written; even a short while after in the same edition, you had the Traitor Legions and their Imperium of Chaos in the Eye of Terror, or the pre-Fall Eldar empire which was sufficiently cruel and bloody enough to spawn a new Chaos God. Not to mention later additions like Commorragh or the C'tan's empire.
>>
>>45026847
He already knows though. A Custode brought the leader of the Brides of the Emperor before him during the Age of Apostasy.
>>45026870
I'm afraid you're right.
>>
>>45013217
With magnets
>>
>Emperor awakens.
>First order of the day is exterminate the Sisters of Battle.
>>
>>45026870
Oh hell, no. Emprah may be a warp god.

But the Tau are caste-system communists.
The orcs are... well the orcs.
Nids are galactic predators.
The elves are even further along their decline, mostly because they were such hedonists that the Cenobites would blush.
The Necrons are a nigh immortal death cult, and they aren't recruiting. Except as clothing.

Humanity is fucked, but everyone is fucked.
>>
>>45026916
>Emperor awakens for the final battle of the End Times
>he orders to exterminate the Sisters of Battle
Great, you gave GW an idea how to squat Sisters
>>
>>45026916
>Emperor awakens.
> "Fuck, how do I salvage all that shit?"
> yfw the emperor isn't actually immobilised because of his wounds, maintaining reality or whatever warp portal, but by the headaches that is trying to solve the 40k universe.
>>
>>45026539
Both the Imperium and Tau planets don't fuck with you if you don't step out of the line. Sure you'll do more manual work as an Imperial, but you also have greater chances of advancements.

>>45026695
Humans are the biggest source of power for the Chaos gods. If they succeed in their evolution they will become incorruptible. Some will still fall voluntarily or the untrained get tricked into it, but the majority will cut the Chaos Gods off. With now only weak soulled or non corruptible races remaining, Chaos will severely weaken.
>>
>>45026500
Improbable, we are given no real reasons to believe they and not the eldar were behind the tau.
>>
Everyone is messed up in their own way, but since we're talking about tau, man those guys do all kinds of shady shit behind the scenes. And the fact that every ethereal is basically Kilgrave to the other 4 castes. They have a race of mind controlling alien worms as allies who serve as advisors to the ethereals. The 7th edition codex pretty much says that the Vespid leaders are being mind controlled by their "translation devices." Before the ethereals made them wear those, the vespids were completely turned off by the greater good and had no interest in an alliance. After helms? complete submission of their species to the tau way of life.
>>
>>45012292
>being outsmarted by fucking Orks in the War of Dakka
>accepting cultural exchange with Dark Eldar
>reasonable
>>
>identifying with 40K factions
>wanting reasonable behavior in 40K
You're the cancer. 40K is, or rather was and should be, about a bunch of horrible factions who're a satirical depiction of real life cultures and ideologies, whom you're supposed to laugh at while having fun using their unreasonaboe behavior as an excuse for playing a never-ending war.
>>
>>45027085
Meanwhile, the Imperium denies the existence of Kommandos.
>>
File: m'greater good.jpg (29 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
m'greater good.jpg
29 KB, 320x320
>>45027062
There is also a planet that is under the direct control by the Ethereals, and only a small fire warrior cadre and earth caste scientists are allowed to be there.

>tfw Tau have thier own Area 51
>>
File: 1452372612873.jpg (43 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
1452372612873.jpg
43 KB, 500x453
>>45026215
>>
>>45027018
>If they succeed in their evolution they will become incorruptible.

A pipe dream. The Imperial system for dealing with Psykers makes it impossible for humanity to further evolve into a psychic race, because the Imperium keeps rounding up and killing as many of them as they can fine, and then the rest get pressed into military service, which many of them do not survive.

So, for every generation of psykers, only a small fraction of them ever live long enough to breed.

This is not what you want to have happen when you are explicitly trying to make strong psykers as common as possible.
>>
>>45027201
You don't get a race of strong psykers by leaving the weak ones alone - because those are just daemon incursions waiting to happen.
>>
>>45012466
You say that but wasnt their last fight one of the biggest tank battles in imperial history?
>>
I fucking hate the design of riptide.
>child bearing hips
>buff mclargehuge chest
>small as shit waist
>tiny jetpack
>ugly main weapon
>>
>>45027427
They sent 2 first founding chapters, countless imperial guard, a huge mechanicum contingent, a super weapon that could create the great wall of plot convenience, a whole assassin execution force, their ace tank commander along with one of the largest imperial tank forces in recent history. All while the 13th black crusade, the tyranid invasion, the necron awakening, WAAAGH!! Ghazghull and thousands of chaos incursions are happening and putting a drain on imperial manpower. Yeah, not a serious threat
>>
>>45027532

And the Imperiums till didn't get the victory that they wanted. They killed Aun'Va and stunted the third sphere expansion, which are both major blows, but it was hardly the decisive victory that the Imperium needed it to be.

Because the death of Aun'Va was just their hax assassin doing his job, and the great firewall was the AdMech showing up late to the party with a superweapon no one knew about. All of the conventional weapons and tactics used against the Tau like Guard and Space Marines were dramatically less effective.
>>
>>45027587

Speaking of which, did the death of Aun'Va strike anyone else as tremendously disappointing?

Like, I'm okay with the fact that he died. But it wasn't even interesting. It was just "Hey, this guy walks up and no one can see him because Null powers despite Tau being notoriously resistant to psyker shit, walks through three camps and a fortified base without being spotted by a single camera or drone which would be immune to his powers, and walks up to Aun'va and kills him totally effortlessly".

It reads less like the death of a faction's most important leader and more like a description of someone's Gaia Online ninja character whose hide in plain sight ability is totally unbeatable you guise.

Like shit, if its that easy why is Abbadon still around?
>>
>>45027639
Presumably because he is harder to kill than space pope. Doesnt he spend most of his time in another dimension and have the protection of several dark gods?
>>
>>45027655

Sure. But said dark gods cannot perceive Nulls either. That's the whole point of Nulls, they don't leave an imprint on the warp.

Chaos should be more vulnerable to Null infiltration than literally any other faction, the hard part is getting them onto a Chaos ship in the first place.
>>
>>45027532
Gotta sell them children their mechas.
>>
>>45012466

The Imperium can't exterminate the Tau anymore. They could have done it some centuries ago, if they had been more competent/sent more forces. In the modern era, they can't even afford a single Legion of Titans with all the threats appearing elsewhere and the Tau becoming more adept at killing Titans and Knights.
>>
>>45027714
Yeah but when he does show up its probably harder for him to kill an ten foot tall super soldier than a guy part of a physically inferior race.
>>
File: 1368277920753.png (12 KB, 707x228) Image search: [Google]
1368277920753.png
12 KB, 707x228
>>45027201
They only cull the weak. The strong survive on their own or get to server the Imperium as sanctioned psykers. There is also the Omnicopaeia.

>>45027587
>>45027532
So slightly more IG and less SM than they sent to Pandorax.
It's just GW throwing out retarded numbers as usual, so weebs can cirlejerk about the Tau, even though literally nothing points to them being any kind of a threat. But luckily GW always steps in with retcons, pushing stupid numbers that sound big and most of the time don't even explain how or why Tau won and even with that they always make other factions complete retards when fighting Tau.

>>45027532
>a super weapon that could create the great wall of plot convenience
Out of all the super ultra world ending DAoT and AdMech tech the Imperium could use, they conveniently use a super weapon that doesn't actually hurt the Tau Empire, only their troops, and also isolates them from other threats. And you claim it's the Imperium who has plot armor?

>>45027639
>a single camera or drone which would be immune to his powers
But not immune to his technology
>notoriously resistant to psyker shit
Only harder to corrupt by Daemons and the pay of is minimal.
>all around bitching that the Tau weren't protected by plot armor this time while accusing everyone else of plot armor/Mary Sueness
>mfw
>>
>>45027587
>the great firewall was the AdMech showing up late to the party with a superweapon no one knew about.
I like to think they didn't knew what they were doing themselves.
> "Holy shit, what the fuck is happenni... I mean, it's always good to have more data."
>>
>>45027766
In fairness most every other faction pretty much are retarded. The imperium refuses to advance technologically because its against their religion. Not exactly a smart decision.
>>
>>45012225
Have the Tau faced Khayos in the fluff? What happened?
>>
>>45026929
Tau are not communists, caste system and communism are incompatible.
Goes more the stalinists route.
>>
>>45012352
>>45012292
>Wanting to play a faction because it's reasonable/relatable
>playing 40k

Pick one.
>>
>>45027810
>The imperium refuses to advance technologically because its against their religion.
Source on this?
>>
>>45027907
Have you never heard of tech heresy? it only comes up every time the Mechanicus is mentioned.
>>
>>45027907

Have you ever even heard of the Admech, dude?

The guys who have a stranglehold on anything technology related in the Imperium of Man. The guys who are willing to nuke a city if someone there invents something moderately better than anything the AdMech has, bury all knowledge of it, and then wait 400 years to 'find' ancient record of that exact thing and pass it off as their own work.

Don't bother dragging out that tired old copypasta about the library that gets burned down twice. That explains how everything got so regressed in the first place. it doesn't explain why, in 10000 years, the Admech have made less technological advancement than Earth made in 10.
>>
>>45027946
Admechs have their own cult Mechanicus and tech heresy is offensive to this cult. They control technology, means of research and tech education in the Imperium. I know you talked out of your ass, just wondered if you could back your words with decent proof.
>>
>>45027993
But was I wrong?
>>
>>45027992
Admechs are separate organisation, they don't share state religion of the Imperium and pay lip service to the Emperor by recognizing him as messiah of Machine God.
>The imperium refuses to advance technologically because its against their religion
This is wrong
>>45028012
Yes, you were wrong
>>
>>45028022
What advancements have they made so? Who is making them?
>>
>>45027907

Adeptus Mechanicus's creed:

The knowledge of the ancients stands beyond question.

They only accept science retrieved from the golden age of mankind. They might be actually right, given how advanced was mankind according to some accounts. Radicals can ignore that rule and come up with something new or reverse-engineer it from aliens like the Tau. Even then, it can take a few centuries to be fully adopted due red tape.

The reverence has to do with how dangerous is to use anything sophisticated from older eras. It would be like the Romans attempting to figured out how a nuclear reactor works. That's why there's so much veneration for old technology even when it doesn't work half of the time (besides the existence of the Machine Spirit).

The Imperium is build on top of the corpse of a much more advanced human civilization that they will ever be. The Imperium doesn't really have technology or science. It has inherited almost everything from a much advanced eras when mankind was the master of its own destiny. The automated factories that still work, use antique programs full of bugs, corrupted with missing data everywhere.
>>
>>45028022

I am sorry to inform you that there isn't actually any free handjob that comes with winning a semantics argument on the internet.

This must feel like it has all been a huge waste of your time now.
>>
>>45028035
>What advancements have they made so?
They discovered ugly centurion armor when GW needed to sell more ugly models.
>Who is making them?
Nobody makes them because of Admechs. They are state within a state and did pretty good job at fucking Imperium further than it needs to be grimderp.
>>
>>45028115
You are welcome
>>
>>45028124
Isnt centurion armour supposed to be a cheap replacement for terminator armour because they cant figure out how to make it any more?
>>
>>45026215
Same with me anon, except I play kriegers. Best feeling I have ever had was beating an unbound all battlesuit tau army due to objective secured and a new wave of infantry every turn. He killed at least 2500 points of dudes in a 1500 point game.
>>
>>45028147

They can make more terminator armor. The problem is that there is no machinery for making it. Most of the parts that go into terminator armor have to be made by hand, and take great technical skill to make properly given the advanced nature of the armor.

So most new Terminator parts have to be used up just repairing and maintaining already existing sets of Terminator armor, and even then they are just barely keeping up with demand. There are not enough people in the galaxy that know how to make Terminator parts worth a shit to have enough of an excess to make more than one or two 'new' sets of terminator armor a century, which often doesn't even replace the full suits that have been lost that same century.

Its a problem that would be effortlessly solved int he Admech bothered to automate the process to literally any degree. But that would require inventing a machine to do the work for them, and there is no STC for a machine that makes Terminator armor. So they have to do it by hand instead.

Just one more instance of the Admech being the millstone around the Imperium's neck, in a race to see if they can choke the life out of it before anyone else gets a chance.
>>
>>45012352
I relate to the black templars and their exterminating zeal. What does that say about me then, xenos?
>>
File: Untitled.png (51 KB, 375x115) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
51 KB, 375x115
>>45028253
>and even then they are just barely keeping up with demand.
Incorrect, Index Astartes says that Terminator production is in no way meeting demand. If they were, everyone would have a full set of 100+ suits
>>
File: bt.png (17 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
bt.png
17 KB, 500x275
>>45028277
>>
>>45028494
> So most new Terminator parts have to be used up just repairing and maintaining already existing sets of Terminator armor, and even then they are just barely keeping up with demand.
> just barely keeping up with demand.
> just repairing and maintaining already existing sets of Terminator armor
> just repairing and maintaining
> just barely keeping up with demand
> repairing
> DENTAL PLAN

Learn to context. If you had bothered to read the first half of that sentence, you would have known what he was talking about.

Or, shit, even the rest of the post. Did you just scroll on by, pick out the last half of a sentence at random, and decide that was the whole post?
>>
File: 1453341146931.jpg (136 KB, 900x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453341146931.jpg
136 KB, 900x1080
>>45028277
Zealous Brother!
>>
>>45026539
>>I'd rather get murdered or live in the bloodiest and most cruel regime imaginable than live in a regime where gue'vesa are described as "content"
>logical
What do you think happens to caste-less scum that say they have a problem with the glorious system?
>>
File: 1453795785263.jpg (751 KB, 795x1014) Image search: [Google]
1453795785263.jpg
751 KB, 795x1014
ancient fire warrior!
>>
>>45029176
>I'd much rather die suffering in an Imperial dirt mine than have the chance of being brought to a re-education camp for not going to work and shitposting on the Tau internet
>>
>>45029254
>I'm going to say that I'm content no matter how much being an unvalued underclass with no hope of advancement sucks because they'll make it worse if I say anything else.
>>
>>45029309
Yeah, Comissars are cunts like that.
>>
>>45029309
>undervalued underclass with no hope of advancement

So the Imperium again? The only way to advance there is being lucky enough to be born a Noble, a Rogue Trader, a Psyker, or someone who can actually survive to become a space marine.

Meanwhile, humans in the Tau Empire have earned the right to use battle suits in some cases. Not dying of disease and actually having modern comforts is also a plus.
>>
>>45029388
>you're top class or nobody
A human can advance in ranks and social position even if they can't all rise to the top. Meanwhile a human has no room to advance at all under the Tau.
>>
File: BloodAngels.jpg (433 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
BloodAngels.jpg
433 KB, 1024x768
>>45028494
According to dark angels codex 7e most chapters have 100 suits of terminator armour and dark angels decedents often have even more (the dark angels proper probably have at least 200 for example, maybe as much as twice that.)

>>45028147
Centurion armour was introduced to solve a firepower deficit if i remember correctly.

>>45028134
While the admech is strangling the imperium of new technology on a daily basis, there is actually advancement in the form of copying archeotech and xenotech and combining old patterns in new ways according to the recent admech codex. There is even an inquisitorial review process to incorporate xenotech into mass produced technology for wider imperial consumption.
>>
>>45029445
In the Imperium, you might survive the meatgrinder of the guard long enough to become a sergeant and get your own command over other humans.

In the Tau empire, you have to survive more typical military tactics while using better equipment, and might be promoted to a command over your fellow humans.
>>
>>45029445
>No room to advance

>>45029388
>Humans with battlesuits

How do they get battle suits if they can't advance? Tau certainly wouldnt pick randomly since its such a big honor to get one.
>>
>>45029579
> There is even an inquisitorial review process to incorporate xenotech into mass produced technology for wider imperial consumption.

> Xenotech being allowed to stain pure human technology

Literally tech heresy. The Inquisition can pass any many laws as they want, any member of the Admech that actually does such a thing will be excommunicated as a tech heretic and killed.

Its the job of the Admech to study xenotech, but its ALSO the job of the Admech to come up with reasons why Xeno is inferior to human technology.

See: that passage about the Admech who was studying Tau railguns, determined that while they were 'technically' much more powerful than a Lasgun, the noise they make while firing was proof enough that the "machine spirit was in agony", so it was the duty of every good Admech to destroy these guns and never use them or their technology. HUMANS SUPERIOR AGAIN, FOUL XENOS.

Better than what we have. We can totally make it. I, uh, don't like how its sounds. Tech Heresy.

These are the idiots who control all technology in the Imperium.
>>
>>45028035
AdMech actually does "innovate" stuff. While most believe everything that can be invented was already invented, progress does happen.
>reverse engineer some Xeno tech and claim it's a brand new STC schematic
>improve an Imperial design and claim you found a better version of the STC schematic
>create some brand new technology and claim it's an as of yet undiscovered STC
But the problem lies with AdMech being AdMech. They refuse to share, so when a Forge World is lost or the innovator is killed, their inventions go with them most of the time.
Even the new AdMech Codex, which is retardedly grimdark, has quite a few instances where AdMech uses technology in new ways and presents some Forge World (or maybe a certain cult in the Admech) that leads the innovation in some specific tech field.

>>45027810
There is just stupid tactics that everybody uses in 40k and then there is Chenkov level retarded. And almost everybody who fights against Tau miraculously follows Chenkov's tactics.

>>45029254
>>45029388
Bullshit mate. The only advancement we've seen for humans under the Tau boots were certain soldiers allowed to pilot their fancy suits and being diplomats in the Cain books.
In the Imperium any retard can join the PDF, IG or gangs. If they survive that, they advance in society quite nicely. If that isn't your thing, you can still raise through the ranks in factories, servitude or basically any job. Except for the pressed gangs in more of the extreme underhives or navy ships. Then you've also got stuff like serving Inquisitors, RTs, merchants and shit like that, which allows you to see the galaxy.
>>
>>45029622
>meatgrinder of the guard long enough to become a sergeant
You do realize that every IG regiment isn't the DKoK or Vostroyans? And becoming a sergeant isn't the only option you have in the guard. Most regiments promote based on merit, some do it exclusively on that and connections be damned. You can get to General without being a noble. Then you also get various retirement options, ranging from just dropping you off on some planet with all of your pay to actively colonizing planets with retired IG. Then there are settlement rights, which give soldiers a planet of their own if they conquer it for instance. And let's not forget permanent garrison duty on pacified worlds as PDF or bodyguards.

>more typical military tactics while using better equipment
But the Tau don't use typical military tactics. Nobody in 40k does. Shit, Tau don't even use a proper combined arms approach to warfare. Only the Marines, most of IG and most of the Orks make use of that. And Tau don't have superior tech in everything, not even close.

>>45029910
>Literally tech heresy. The Inquisition can pass any many laws as they want, any member of the Admech that actually does such a thing will be excommunicated as a tech heretic and killed.
Except it does happen and if the Tech Priest in question manages to slap on his innovation some fake STC schematic, it's not tech heresy. Not to mention all the Inquisitors and RTs running around with Tau, Necron and sometimes even Eldar tech incorporated into Imperial suits or weapons.
>>
>>45030018
Tau have superior tech to the average guardman, and by 'standard military tactics' I meant the concept of not just throwing more bodies at a problem and hoping it works.
>>
>>45030018
>Imperial guard doesn't use human wave tactics almost universally
>Orks use sophisticated tactics
>Ad Mech is totally cool with Tech heresy

Okay. I'm thoroughly convinced that you have no idea what you're saying anymore.
>>
>>45027992
Social pressure from the admech doctrine makes it so if anyone who came up with a good idea for science or technology they need to basically have gotten from an STC or Daot database or fake that they got it from those otherwise new tech is very localized
>>
>>45030314
Both the Lasgun and Tau pulse rifle deal enough damage to kill most of everything. Their armor is similar too. And the average Guardsman can still be equipped with specialist weaponry, some of which is better than Tau. And no, IG is not human wave tactics.

>>45030350
Chenkov and DKoK are the odd ones out, not the standard
I fucked up here, I meant that only SM, IG and the Orks use proper equipment to make combined arms a possibility, both as an army and down to infantry squads themselves. The Tau don't really do that.
It's not Tech Heresy if the Tech Priest claims that his innovation is some brand new STC he found. And I never said that the majority of AdMech does stuff like this, but it happens regularly enough to be mentioned in several novels. And countless examples of non Hereteks pillaging Xeno tech for themselves.
>>
>>45012225
Please, I need to know this.
Give me one reason that is not one of the following why you like the Tau.
>A: Muh Greater good
>B: Muh actual Scifi
>C: Muh untainted by the Warp
>D: Muh cool suits and weeb armor
>>
File: fukken_xenos.jpg (163 KB, 891x896) Image search: [Google]
fukken_xenos.jpg
163 KB, 891x896
>>45012369
And an Anti-Heresy condom.
>>
>>45030760
I originally started playing them because Marker lights sounded like a cool mechanic.

Being able to have a unit of pathfinders light something up and assist another squad directly was a really interesting thing and showcased their teamwork well.
>>
>>45029935
>And almost everybody who fights against Tau miraculously follows Chenkov's tactics.
Except orks. I remember hearing they got bodied by a bunch of demons one time as well.
>>
File: loudest_faggot.jpg (52 KB, 449x480) Image search: [Google]
loudest_faggot.jpg
52 KB, 449x480
>>45029224
>Tau remove the vaginas from their faces in works of propaganda
How fitting.
>>
>>45023319
nope, that's just the easiest way to get the absurdity across

that's why the names "flesh eaters" and "blood drinkers" are a thing
>>
>>45030801
I can actually understand that one. But don't you think that such a mechanic would actually make a lot of sense with the IG and artillery.
For example if an infantry squad with a vox caster is close to an enemy vehicle/walker they can call in an artillery strike, and the artillery gets a precision bonus.
>>
>>45031076
Maybe even add "rite of triangulatus" or whatever, so that if you have at least two or three units in range of the same vehicle with a vox caster they can call in an even more precise strike.
>>
>>45031076
I didn't say that other armies should have it. Reducing scatter on blasts for having spotters is something I can get behind.

Still, Marker lights work as a more general thing between units, and I'm not a big fan of guard models so that wouldn't really get me to switch.
>>
>>45031412
*shouldn't have it
>>
>>45030760
I am a fan of most things that use a mono eye look.
>>
>>45030018
>Except it does happen and if the Tech Priest in question manages to slap on his innovation some fake STC schematic, it's not tech heresy.

Okay, so he doesn't get killed for Tech Heresy as long as he successfully covers all of his tracks and hides any evidence that he has performed Tech Heresy.

Sounds like its an acceptable practice in the AdMech then! Just like as long as I don't get caught, Murder isn't a crime!
>>
>>45029579
>There is even an inquisitorial review process to incorporate xenotech into mass produced technology for wider imperial consumption.
This is from the latest Inquisition codex. Codex doesn't mention this is purely radical approach and puritan Ordo Xenos members would purge your ass for that. New fluff is invariably low quality, self contradicting retcon.
>>
>>45019319
To be fair, there's not a lot scarier than the Legion of the Damned.
>>
File: CSM2.jpg (1 MB, 1449x2225) Image search: [Google]
CSM2.jpg
1 MB, 1449x2225
>>45034173
Thanks, I forgot to source that last line. Also, a lot of new fluff I have read is less captivating than older fluff. However, the Horus Heresy books for 30k are often actually pretty quality reads.
>>
File: Inquisition.gif (5 MB, 513x380) Image search: [Google]
Inquisition.gif
5 MB, 513x380
The more I get into 40k the more it seems nothing is really forbidden or off the table when it comes to canon. Loyalist techpriests who openly use xenotech and fight (and kill) deathwatch members and codex compliance letting you field hordes of tech-priests or squads led by apothecaries is canon. There are even tales of space marines working with xenos.
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.