[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekend Discussion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 13
File: _q.png (10 KB, 386x363) Image search: [Google]
_q.png
10 KB, 386x363
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/b5cN2RkK
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you are a QM, simply post your Twitter here to have it added to the directory. Spamming your quest twitter with non-quest related tweets may result in its removal from the directory.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Meta Questions:
> QM question
What question would you have prefered I ask?

> Player question
What questions need answering?
>>
>Cyberpunk Marmaluke Quest
It's 2084. The Middle East is still in shambles, and due to the decline in society in western territories, some have looked to reclaiming old land. Mamluk Association is a PMC founded in Dubai with recruiting agencies around the world with the intention to bulldoze and rebuild the Middle East as a nation of scholars. Because of a rise in the strength of personal armor and recoil management, shock troopers have come back into fruition as Marmalukes ride motorcycles across the desert sands and spray death at their enemies and jump into the middle of their masses with scimitars. Conquer the Middle East in the most radical fashion ever and rebuild it in its ancient glory.
>Guiding Moonlight Quest
You have held true beauty. A sword forged of the cosmos above. For hours, you could just stare at it, enraptured in the stars which the clouds and sun hide as best as they can. You fell in love with it, and used it to effortlessly slice through whatever in your way, for it cuts through all matter like a knife through water. One day, you awoke to find it gone, stolen in your sleep. After you stopped crying over its loss, you decided that you have to get it back. Scavenge the world and hunt down whatever took your precious sword.
>Birdstream Quest
You wake up in Tuonela, the mythic plane of the dead in old Scandinavian religion, but you aren't dead. Birds usually take your soul to the land of dreams in your sleep, but one took you whole self instead to the realms of rest. Break out and fight your way back down the stream with the help of trickster talking animal gods and other people caught up in the mess.

which sounds best
>>
File: Witcherino.png (45 KB, 222x273) Image search: [Google]
Witcherino.png
45 KB, 222x273
Biopunk #3 is up!

>>44993529
>>
>>44993634
>>Cyberpunk Marmaluke Quest

This sounds like the most fun.

>>44993596

How about this -

>QM Question

What's your white whale of questing? The one you've always wanted to run, but never quite figured out how?

>Player Question

What was the very first /tg/ quest that got you into these sorts of things?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>44993634
I don't like the first. The other two are equally cool.
>>
File: img_gropagas.jpg (337 KB, 784x5877) Image search: [Google]
img_gropagas.jpg
337 KB, 784x5877
>>44993706
>What's your white whale of questing? The one you've always wanted to run, but never quite figured out how?

I've always wanted to run one about the shenanigans of Lord Inglip's incompetent cultists. Based on /r/Inglip 's comics, the tone can vary from slapstick comedy to some very dark implications.
>>
>>44993596
> QM question
> What question would you have prefered I ask?
I would have preferred you ask 'Should I make a new thread or wait until the old one falls off the board?'
Because then I could answer WAIT UNTIL THE OLD ONE FALLS OFF THE BOARD.
>>
>>44993706
>What was the very first /tg/ quest that got you into these sorts of things?
Must have been MaidQuest. People were hollering about MAIDRPG and someone actually ran with it.

One thing I believe it did better than most is how it actually made time for the girls, advanced them slowly, and never lost some sense of plot or situation despite it.
>>
Since I talked about it last thread, I'll share my Eva Game here:

http://anonkun.com/stories/neon-genesis-evangelion-norma-evangelium-angeli/R2YKzHjJgzSe9N58G/home

Obviously there's smut, since it's A-kun and I don't really have a choice in the matter, but integrating smut into Evangelion is fairly easy. The plot is MOSTLY the same, although I've already hinted that with a different cast and different protagonist there will be a different story, as well as new angels for the player to fight. I'll try to keep with the pacing of the original series- starting off as a fairly simple but still lighthearted toying around with anime cliches, then slowly transition into the "jesus christ what the fuck" that Evangelion is known for. I'm using the AdEva books as a reference, but the system is just 2e Simple D6.

Figured I'd also list my inspirations, since that always seems to be a good selling point:

>Neon Genesis Evangelion (duh)
>Deus Ex
>Marathon Trilogy
>Pathways Into Darkness
>Thus Spoke Zarathustra
>Deathspell Omega
>Tool (more specifically the Lateralus album)
>Devilman
>Genocyber
>MD Geist
>Blut Aus Nord (primarily the 777 Trilogy)
>At the Mountains of Madness
>Hotline Miami
>The Big O
>Bloodborne
>The Dunwich Horror
>Nine Inch Nails
>Sacred Geometry
>Metal Gear Solid
>Chakras/Kundalini
>Armored Core
>Eraserhead
>Space Runway Ideon
>Silent Hill 1, 2, 3
>Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell
>Death Grips
>>
>>44993596
>>44993706
Be the change you want to see in the world
>>
>>44993706
>What was the very first /tg/ quest that got you into these sorts of things?

Honestly, it was Dungeons and Dadaragons... I don't know how I should feel about that.
>>
> Digimang Quest 8
>>44993336

>Biopunk Quest #3
>>44993529

> Blood on the Plains [Quest]
>>44989480
>>
>>44993706
>What's your white whale of questing?
A quest that is fun for male players, but really feels "girly". I don't think I'll ever manage it, since I'm barely able to get my thoughts around it.
>>
I'm considering running a quest featuring a pseudo-silk road and the Great Game which dominated British and Russian relations during the 1800s. The era would be cap-and-ball, with magic present in some forms. Think this would draw any interest? I'm aware it's a bit derivative.
>>
>>44994112
Blood Moon #59 is live!
>>
>>44993596

Joker Quest is taking an extremely odd turn, I can't help but feel. Like, there are some scenes that feel weirdly unheroic. After almost 150 chapters, we FINALLY managed to kill Rust Kaiser. Except it's not a 'Fuck yeah' moment, but kind of a tragic one.

I don't know. It feels that killing Megumi and Kou was like the worst possible way their story could conclude.
>>
>>44994208

I've been crushing on political/economic type quests lately. I'd certainly check it out.

Need more merchants, fewer fighters.
>>
>>44994238
The Imperial Trade Commission would feature as one entity of three giving you an additional mission, along with simply finding out whether the old spice road is a backdoor into the not!India or not. The other two are the Imperial Geographical Society and the Army Ordnance Board.
>>
>>44993596
>No quest in subject field
>>
>>44994007

Oh shit, forgot some stuff from my list:

>Getter Robo
>Noetics
>Moby Dick
>Resident Evil
>Frankenstein
>Neotokyo
>School Days
>True Detective (Season 1)
>Lost Planet

okay I think that's pretty much everything that comes to mind, I'm done shilling for now.

>>44994038

Mine was Zeonquest, so...

>>44994238

There was a great Rogue Trader quest on Akun, it did really well despite being non-smut. Unfortunately the QM's schedule forced him to give it up. Really, anything that combines trading and space combat will win me over.
>>
>>44994371
>There was a great Rogue Trader quest on Akun, it did really well despite being non-smut. Unfortunately the QM's schedule forced him to give it up. Really, anything that combines trading and space combat will win me over.

I was thinking about reworking Rogue Trader to serve as a mechanical basis for a merchant quest in the ASOIAF-verse. I haven't had much time lately, though.
>>
>go to front page of /tg/
>not a single quest thread
uh
questbabs?
>>
>>44994238
... what about fight merchants?
>>
>>44994467

So like a pirate?
>>
>>44994467
Cue 'hard sell' jokes here.
Suppose the quest I propose to run has the PC as party leader, how many party members do you think I can get away with?
>>
When is blorp returning or has he gone to gamindustri?
>>
>>44994539
>gamindustri
At first, I thought that was a city in India...
>>
>>44994507
More like a mercenary/pit fighter.
>>
>>44994531

Depends on what the party's for. I wouldn't exceed six, though.
>>
>>44993706
>Quest to run
Cyberpunk Living Weapon Girls based on Bring it On.
>>
I'll be running in about an hour and a half.
>>
PBQ

keeps dying
>>
Why are these threads so hostile?
>>
>>44995552
It's full of shitposters and anime-perverts.
>>
What does everyone think of Military Mage so far?
>>
>>44993634
Defo the Mameluke one.
>>44995552
I don't see much hostility in this thread, bruv.
>>
>>44995552
Every questing genre was forced from other boards into /tg/. So now every kind of shitposter had a bigger amount of things to feel triggered about.

It's like /q/, different crossboard whiners resonating with each other.
>>
>>44994291
Here. I've settled on the 1860s to 1870s as far as where technology is in the period during which this quest will be set. Wizards are frequently used as walking artillery and witches (shamelessly ripped off from various materials ancillary to SWQ) are usually artillery spotters, messengers and healers. Magic is rare in this setting, enough so that most users of it wind up being conscripted. Any input for what I may have missed? The MC won't have the ability to use magic.
>>
>>44995677
As usual, the ones who do it for free ruin fucking everything when they actually do something.
>>
>>44995677
I imagine them vibrating and turning different shades of purple with rage.
>>
File: 1qtg.png (2 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1qtg.png
2 MB, 1024x768
>>
>>44996258
I remember making the first version of this.

Everyone said it was shit and made that version.
>>
Gonna ask again.

What tips do you have for running a quest where the player character is a slave? How do you give the sense of agency without there actually being much of it?
>>
>>44996409
I remember when quests used to be good.

Everyone said they were shit and made anime instead.
>>
>>44996448
You can't, really, unless the point of the quest is to fight for freedom.

Honestly, what I would do is skip past most of the stuff where the player has no choice. Instead of being 'HEY SLAVE, DO X' and having the players vote, instead you should just have them say 'YES MASSA' and then skip ahead to that night, when the Master is asleep and you hid a small knife...

>>44996462
There are still some non-anime quests out there. They might even be good.
>>
Pitch:

You're a water elemental who just woke up from a very, very long sleep. Blend in with the human population of a castle and don't cause too much trouble.
>>
>>44996537
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJ9WLV185Q
>>
>>44994007
>>44994371
See, this list just makes me utterly disinterested in your quest since not only is it already riding the NGE coattails for viewership, but now you're just namedropping as much shit as possible in the hopes that you strike across something I enjoy even though there's no way your quest can accommodate all the conflicting themes, aesthetics, and ideals contained in those settings.

It's like those shitty YouTube videos that tag themselves with every last pop culture buzzword from the last six months in the hopes of gaining views not from quality of content but just from sheer exposure since you know the content is unable to stand on its own.
>>
>>44996448
Give the player a set of parameters they can operate inside. They can do stuff that's not allowed, but they'll be punished if they're caught.

They can choose how loyal they want to be, if they want to play by the rules, if they're desperate to please or protect their master or if they'd rather half ass or sabotage things from behind the scenes.

You could even have a slave acting way out of line and breaking all the rules to disrupt a conspiracy against their master. Or a slave sneaking around to organize a rebellion. Or a slave who just keeps their head down, but is making a mental note of everything that everyone says about each other.
>>
>>44996600
I don't get it.
>>
>>44996537
What KIND of water elemental?
>>
>>44996673
As a fan of oceangrunge, I know this experience all too well.
>>
>>44996673

Well yeah, but I've found that in terms of advertising it draws in three or four people for every one person that it turns away.
>>
>>44996676
>continued
Discover just how much you can get away with. Work out if your master is a harsh tyrant or a big softie that's bluffing about punishment.

The Romans had a variety of comedy plays featuring rebellious slaves, saucy slavegirls, nobles that have been sold into slavery, sneaky slaves that are stealing the family silver and the old cliche of the perfectly loyal slave that's practically family.

The concept of being owned doesn't actually limit you at all, except on a social level. It's what the master actually does to limit your autonomy that affects player agency.
>>
>>44996729
A silvery-blue abomination that would make most grown men run in fear. You can extend and shape your tendrils of liquid in any way, shape, or form. Think Alex Mercer.

But you need pure water, and towns are the easiest sources of it. So instead you disguise yourself as a human.

What kind of human would be up to the players.
Which means 'little girl' is all but guaranteed, unless I think of perks to keep people from picking it.
>>
WHERE IS HIVE QUEEN QUEST

I'm just mad. Someone made people think in DASQ last night that he was returning
>>
>>44996799
>it draws in three or four people for every one person that it turns away.
[citation needed]

Even then, it's still duplicitous and devoid of integrity
>>
>>44996825
why wouldn't players just.. take the water?
>>
>>44996739
>oceangrunge
Meme genres need not apply.
>>
File: chrystalost.png (2 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
chrystalost.png
2 MB, 1024x1024
How do I attract a large audience to the types of quests that I like?
>>
>>44996975
Because that would make a lot of enemies, and then there would be no quest.
>>
>>44996996
judging from that pic, probably not in 4chan
>>
>>44997012
I thought people here loved Wayne Barlowe?
>>
>>44996996
Depends on the types of quests you like.

I mean, depending on it, it could be possible just by making a very good sample of the quest type, thus creating a bunch of copycats. Or something. We can't really help if we don't know what's going on.
>>
>desu down again
Fugg
>>
>>44996996

You don't want one.

Large audiences just increase the cancer. A small, emotionally invested group is preferable.
>>
>>44997093
But a small group can't produce the enthusiasm necessary for me to give much of a fuck.
>>
>>44997109

If your enthusiasm is that reliant on the opinion of others' then you're already doomed to a life of melancholy and general unhappiness.
>>
>>44997143
You've described my life thus far, yes.
>>
>>44996810
Thank you anon.
>>
>>44997202
You should give up then.
>>
>>44996537
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
>>
>>44997394
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHYNfitGBp4
>>
>>44996996
>>44997109
Seriously, if you want the big circlejerk, questing isn't for you. QMing is like a tabletop night, just you and some people passing away the hours. The trick is, you always choose the game.
>>
>>44997510
>Seriously, if you want the big circlejerk, questing isn't for you.

But plenty of quests have dozens of players.
>>
>>44997015

Post Apocalyptic Monster Girl Quest
>>
>>44997405
It strikes me as directionless, half-baked, and boring.
>>
>>44997542
plenty of youtubers break 5 digits in views, too.
>>
>>44997651
So >>44996996
>>
>>44997464
Yeah, you should definitely just give up
>>
>>44996537
Oooooh! Who lives in a privvy in a tower so tall?
EL-EM-EN-TAL!
>>
>>44997599
Any suggestions for improvement?
>>
File: _ps.png (507 KB, 900x645) Image search: [Google]
_ps.png
507 KB, 900x645
Someone should make a Pokemon Senshi Quest!
>>
>>44997651
I have bad news for you

A huge chunk of views on Youtube come from bots, not people.
>>
>>44998136
>>44997708
I should really remember to explicitly state sarcasm
>>
What is the best day of the week to make a first session? I'd like to attract attention but not get drowned out.
>>
>>44998251
Either Monday or Wednesday around 4pm to 6 pm EST.
>>
I'm starting to feel burnt out running my quest. My players really like what I write and I don't want to let them down, but the motivation just isn't there. What should I do, /wqdt/?
>>
>>44998840
Finish the arc, have a discussion thread, consider a hiatus.
>>
>>44998840
Take a short hiatus. Read some other quests/literature. Play some interesting games. If you're into that kind of thing, maybe read a quest and then sit back and objectively look through it to pick out little things you liked, or didn't like. Note how the QM did certain things.

Just generally think about, and expose yourself to other stories. Not necessarily to fix you being burned out, but just to let your mind wander and not be responsible for coming up with everything.

After a little while of that, you should be fine. Don't make your hiatus too long though, because if you fall out of the habit then it'll be hell getting back in.
>>
>>44998931
>>44998959
The problem is that I already did a hiatus (which lasted a few weeks) and I really don't want to do that again.

There's another quest idea I want to write but I've heard that running two quests simultaneously is a very bad idea.
>>
>>44999073
>I don't want to run one
>but I could run two
You see the problem here?
>>
>>44999073
Typically it is, since both quests will demand your time - on top of bullshit life thinks you're obligated to deal with.

However, writing something new isn't a bad thing. It can break the mold of monotony and get you interested again.

Honestly there are a lot of ways to go about this. Muddle around until you find one that works for you.
>>
>>44999073
Is that you Syl?
>>
File: _aviarbol.png (1 MB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
_aviarbol.png
1 MB, 693x693
>>
>>44999616
shut up myrm
>>
Seriously guys, HBN is a fantastic bullet coating. In other news, Naruto Sniper Quest is here

>>44999536
>>
>>44997774
Honestly, not really. But I CAN pick it apart for you.

>1. No long term goals.
Ignoring how dumb it is that only humans, a historically filthy peoples, are the only ones in possession of "pure water", what is there to do besides steal water from humans? If you've played one thread you've played the entire quest.
>2. No character
What even are you beyond "aqueous blob"? Why are water elementals even so scary? You're just water, I'm sure you could get along fine with humans especially since you can even effortlessly make yourself look one.
>3. Bland concept
Skinwalker monster hiding amongst humans is a pretty overplayed concept, especially between the popularity of vampires, werewolves, and vampires vs werewolves secret gang wars. Not only that, but you take out what little dark thrill there is in the concept by removing the whole preying on humans aspect. Instead, we're just some thirsty nigga with a sensitive stomach trying to bum a glass of H20.

It's just all around kinda dumb and feels rather poorly conceived.
>>
>tfw players are planning to have triple digit numbers of kids with waifu
>>
>>45000884
> TFW the players /are/ the waifu in this situation.
>>
>>45000884
it is literally not possible to churn out that many kids

But a Hero never backs down from a challenge
>>
Absurdism is totally worthless.
>>
File: sexy_camus.png (64 KB, 300x305) Image search: [Google]
sexy_camus.png
64 KB, 300x305
>>45001177
Of course. It is, after all, absurd.
>>
>>45000884
Dungeon life?
>>
>>45001429
a maenglergrot (only absurdists will get this!)
>>
Which QMC wud u adopt?
>>
>>45001489
I wish the Red Queen would adopt me.
Free upgrades and a secondary heart
>>
So GraveQM got QD to answer him on Twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/HiveQueenQuest/status/691448359610142721
>>
>>44996448
Fill your quest with character interaction and other day-to-day activities that allow them some freedom.
For example, they're free to say whatever they want to another slave. If they're interacting with fellow slaves for most of the game then their wont be many restrictions on what they can say.

When the players are being forced to do something, make sure they have a choice in how to do it.
For example, instead of having a master order them to "whip that child," have the master instead say "punish that child." Now, the players have agency in action, even if they lack agency in decision making.

Don't present the players with many "comply or die" scenarios. If they deliberately don't follow orders, then the master should punish them in a way that doesn't outright end the game.
Also, when punishing, remember that the players don't care about any pain that the character experiences. Whipping the character won't make the players hurt.
If you want to actually strike fear into the heart of your players, then take away something they care about. Perhaps that something is a waifu, or points of a stat sheet.

Lastly, I recommend you ease them into their role as a slave. Perhaps have their first master be an okay guy. Perhaps they aren't initially asked to do anything wrong. Perhaps you demonstrate with NPC's the price for punishment.
If you immediately throw the players into a situation where crying woman are being crucified while their master laughs manically, then they're obviously going to revolt as soon as possible.
>>
How can a player remove white knight players from a quest?
>>
>>45002283
Define "white knight".
>>
>>45002459

Someone who's willing to do anything for a woman in hopes of getting laid. Joker Quest had an entire PRESTIGE CLASS of white knights.

Nearly every last one of them died, barring two exceptions.
>>
>>45002506
>>45002283
Get enough players to outnumber them.
>>
>>44996279
>>
>>45002253
You should run that quest.
>>
Holy shit QuestDrone lives.

Apparently he was out of the state with little coverage.

Probably has T-Mobile, the poor sod.
>>
>>45004085
Verizon, actually. No bars up in the mountains, especially in this weather.
>>
>>45000884
Are you fucking an ant queen or something?
>>
>>45000884
Context?
>>
>>45004152
Ah, that sucks.
>>
File: profile-LRH.jpg (3 MB, 1789x2429) Image search: [Google]
profile-LRH.jpg
3 MB, 1789x2429
Ceic Monk Quest 7 is up.

Praise the Emperor and glorify Hubbard.
>>
>>44999961
Pure water is pretty much only a thing in hospitals you know. it's PURE water not CLEAN water. pretty sure pure water has only existed on earth during human civilisation
>>
>>44996462
Quests were never good.
>>
>>45004811
>pretty sure pure water has only existed on earth during human civilisation
Then how can an ancient water elemental that's been asleep for longer than human civilization only be able to subsist on something that has not just only existed in the breadth of humanity's existence, but something that is a rather new convention, relatively to the scope of human existence. And by PURE water are we talking chemically pure or some mystical hojo?

Either way the pitch makes little sense and even if you ignore or justify that little nitpick of mine that was by far the least of that pitch's issues.
>>
Sometimes I just like making pitches without any intent to run them. Just to see if the scribblings in the back of my mind are still good ideas.

Anyone else do this? It's a problem.
>>
>>45005072
Yes. No. Sort of.

I never write down pitches unless at some point, I thought they were good enough to do. But I don't reveal them unless I fully intend to make some time to do them or I have lost the zeal to do it myself, and am just putting it out there in case someone else would like it.
>>
>>45004968
I'm the guy who made that pitch. The person you responded to isn't the same person.

>Then how can an ancient water elemental that's been asleep for longer than human civilization

I never said that, anywhere.
I'm not convinced in your critique posted here >>44999961

>what is there to do besides steal water from humans? If you've played one thread you've played the entire quest.
I don't want to reveal my entire plot hook. That would be like revealing the plot twist in the first chapter of a book.

Thank you for responding
>>
>>45005113
>I don't want to reveal my entire plot hook
You have no hook to speak of. I'm not asking for every twist, just something more than nothing.
>>
>>45005128
>You have no hook to speak of.
Kind of presumptuous, don't you think?
>>
I want to commission art, but to be honest the usual suspects who I commonly see around here seem to half-ass their commissions.

I see Archelon sometimes have really good commissioned drawings. Do you have anyone else who you usually use that does pretty good work and won't screw you?
>>
>>45005225
>I want to commission art, but to be honest the usual suspects who I commonly see around here seem to half-ass their commissions.
I've noticed this about the QMs who do commissioning.

I think Decu gets so many requests that he just slams something together in an afternoon and calls it that.
>>
>>45005128
I went back and looked through my notes and-

You're right, I don't have a hook to speak of. I just have a premise.
That's really bad, and I apologize.
>>
File: 1451901530369.jpg (44 KB, 301x267) Image search: [Google]
1451901530369.jpg
44 KB, 301x267
>>45005350
It takes a great man to see his mistakes, but it takes an even greater man to apologize for them.
>>
File: Jedi and Sith.jpg (1 MB, 4000x1200) Image search: [Google]
Jedi and Sith.jpg
1 MB, 4000x1200
I had the idea of a Jedi Knight quest yesterday set in the TOR era where you follow and play as a Trainee (The QMC) on his journey from a Padawan to a Jedi Knight and beyond. I am considering if I should add sequences in-between where the player's play as a Sith acolyte on his way to become an Apprentice and eventually a Sith Lord himself. Essentially, the player's also get to play as the Antagonist to the QMC on his power trip up the ranks in the Sith hierarchy.
Any input on this idea? The focus will be on the QMC, but there will be times when the PoV's switch.

I am also considering adding the Force Point system from SAQ just for good measures and added discussion.
>>
>>45005602
>I had the idea of a Jedi Knight quest
We already have a few desu
>>
>>45005612
Same can be said about magical girld and most other genres. Doesn't make it any less valid to be discussed, my friend.
>>
>>45005621
girls*
>>
>>45005602
I like it, but switch the places so the Sith is the mc and the Jedi is the one we switch pov with once in a while. This board needs a new mainstay Sith quest more than it needs another Jedi quest.
>>
File: buddhistshavecraziestoo.jpg (141 KB, 657x720) Image search: [Google]
buddhistshavecraziestoo.jpg
141 KB, 657x720
>>45004598
Srsly tho guys.

Pls join in.
>>
>>45005634
I guess. Just don't want it to become a copy of Sith Apprentice Quest by any means.
>>
>>45005225
http://regourso.tumblr.com/

This dude does quality work.
>>
>>45005651
You're running at a pretty shit time.
>>
>actually commissioning fanart of your own quest
What a sorry state of affairs. Where are /tg/'s drawfags?
>>
>>45005676
Drawfags seem to have abandoned non-Decu quests.
>>
>>45005676
>Where are /tg/'s drawfags?
Dead. It even dried up for Pandora Quest.
>>
File: toking monk.jpg (398 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
toking monk.jpg
398 KB, 1024x1024
>>45005671
Honestly, I've tried running during the day. I have a grand total of one fan who is at his peak between 12:00 and 3:00 PST. Maybe that makes sense in his timezone, I have no Idea
>>
>>45005703
what? I'm pretty sure that's because the drawanon drew so much stuff THERES NOTHING TO DRAW
>>
>>45005225

About that, I've been thinking of making a Quest Thread/CYOA/Tabletop resource drawthread. For anything except characters, because the main drawthread already exists for that.

So, we could make cool quest OP pics, perhaps "interface" pics for quests too (Like, inventory and party members and stuff) and general photoshop/design work faggotry.

I'll be filling in some requests to give it some initial traction

What do you guys think?
>>
>>45005801
>What do you guys think?
I think you'd get bitched at for taking up 1/~120 threads by anti-questfags.
>>
>>45005733
I saw him in CyclopsOPs new homunculus civ. Already drew a chicken shrine
>>
>>45005988
that kind of emphases my point: there's not much new stuff TO draw in Pandora Quest

he's too much for one quest to handle
>>
>>45006004
He should expand to other quests too, but no one could really force him to do so.
>>
>>44994236

> It feels that killing Megumi and Kou was like the worst possible way their story could conclude.

Yeah, because they're both fucking dead. They didn't even get to die for each other, because you guys got Kaiser to punch her to death.
>>
>>45005660
Also, in need of money, so go for it.
>>
>>45005676
It's not fanart if you're the one commissioning for your own benefit.
>>
>>45006523
I still think that shit was hilarious. I'm probably a bad person because of that, though.
>>
>>45006553

It's funny because you MADE him kill his last tie to humanity. That was fucking inspired.

It's the little things about the Quest I really like, though. I know most of it is fluff, but I liked how getting Haze to dodge an attack had Joker literally grab him by the throat and THROW him out of range.
>>
What is this digimang quest and why is it so damn hot

I expected digital adventures and instead got washing the back of a naked 22-year-old be-speckled teacher and then grabbing witchtits followed shortly thereafter
>>
>>45005676
My quests don't get any, so it's commission or steal from pixiv.
>>
>>45005676
I just use Google image search
>>
>>45007125
We're gonna fuck that spider.
>>
>>45005733
Can I make requests?
>>
>>45007185
>>45007370

I just draw it myself, but I cant during the quest, because then I would have no tempo.

So I "pre-draw" quite a lot.
>>
>>45007440
My drawing skills are only a step above stici figures.

I need to work on it for the sake of my job, but my job is mostly drawing technical and not humans. And online drawing lessons are shit.
>>
Huh, this thread is in auto-sage, apparently.
>>
>>45007492
If it is, it's because of mod foolery. Maybe the same insane one that went on a rampage over cutieg.
>>
>>45007492
>>45007518
It's called "Weekend Quest Discussion" for a reason.
>>
>>45007185
What quest is it? I might give it a try
>>
>>45007547
Then the thread should die naturally instead of being autosaged. Might as well delete it at that point.
>>
death Among the Stars is the quest I want to see a drawfag get invested in.

That or HQQ now that it might come back
>>
>>45007617
I'll give them a check
>>
>>44993596
fuck off retards
>>
>>45007643
No.
>>
>>45007550
My quests are huge in length right now.

but if you want to try: dog days quest
>>
>>45007518
What happened?
>>
>>45007437
why are you asking me?
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.