[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Standard General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 18
File: rUTSXac.jpg (50 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
rUTSXac.jpg
50 KB, 375x523
Meme machine edition

What are you playing?

What are you brewing?

What are your meta predictions for the pro tour?
>>
>>44984004
>less than or equal to the four
Fuck off to /ccg/
>>
>playan
Rhino Midrange
>brewan
colorless aggro
>predictions
ramp doing something. Or nothing new.
>>
>>44984004

>What are your meta predictions for the pro tour?

1. Stormchaser mage becomes Jace's best butt buddy
2. Eldrazi are all over the place, and they crubstomp the rhino.
>>
>>44984004
Made shitty blue ramp into drazi today. I doubt it'll work, but hope it will.
>>
File: Oath of Gideon.jpg (46 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Oath of Gideon.jpg
46 KB, 265x370
How would you brew Mardu Superfriends?

Would you splash green for Oath of Nissa and Nissa herself or blue for the various good blue cards that brings?
>>
File: waifu.jpg (16 KB, 217x266) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
16 KB, 217x266
Who is your judge waifu?
>>
>>44984004
>Playan
Temur + Jeskai Beatdown. Works pretty well in my LGS
>Brewan
Noting. I came back to magic during KtK Prerelease, and I'm done with rotating format.
>Meta predictions
Nothing new. 1/3 Rally 1/3 4 color goodstuff (aka. Jeskai+B) and ramp.
>>
Have an inverter of truth. What do?
>>
>>44986728
>44986728
moar
>>
If I want to make a deck that focuses on infinitely flickering eldrazi broodmonitor with eldrazi displacer, for the ability to endlessly sac scions and gain the bonuses from being able to have an infinite amount of creatures die in my turn:

What colour should it be? Mostly green and focus on shit like rot shamblers?
Splash some black for zulaport cutthroat?
>>
>>44987879

Labratory maniac

Literally free wins
>>
>>44989021

if you wanted to win then yeah you should probably play cutthroat
>>
Running allies, going to add some Munda's Vanguard. Loving the Cohort on it.

Captain's Claws, Adds to allies.

Trying a fun Cliff haven black white ally deck too, with life gain/loss tap/upkeep bullshit, just for the lols though.

Thankfull I have 2 playsets of Ally Encampment for both decks.
>>
>>44989070

Yeah obviously but I mean if im running black for cutthroat should I lean into black more heavily?

Or stay more heavily focused on green coz of shamblers, greenwarden of murasa etc.
>>
Critics arise and hit me hard because it hasnt lost but i need to know
-Creatures/Plainswalkers
2x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
1x Drana, Liberator of Malakir
1x Ob Nixilus reignited
4x Ondu War Cleric
3x Kor Castigators
3x Drana's Emissary
3x Kalastria Healer
3x Vampire Envoy
2x Hero of Goma Fada
2x Spawnbinder Mage
2x Felidar Sovereign
1x Mundas Vanguard
1x Kor Bladewhirl
1x Kor Entanglers
1x Serene Steward
1x Zulaport Cutthroat
-Sorcerys
2x Allied Reinforcements
1x March from the Tomb
-Enchantment
1x Retreat to Emeria
-instants
2x Lithomancers Focus
1x Grasp of Darkness
1x Encircling Fissure
1x Dazzling Reflection
-Lands
2x Shambling Vent
1x Scoured Barrens
4x Sandstone Bridge
1x Mortuary Mire
9x Plains
9x Swamps
>>
>>44989223

As a fellow runner of allies, I have to ask what you see in the Spawnbinder? Are you just using that to keep your life pool up?

I take it, you're building around Felidar? For the 40 Hp win?
>>
>getting my cards sorted, gonna offload some bulk commons/uncommons
>Come across the Origins thopter-artificers

I know it will suck, I know it will suck so bad, but a part of me just really wants to make a thopter swarm deck...
>>
File: zendally.png (276 KB, 403x287) Image search: [Google]
zendally.png
276 KB, 403x287
If I have Zendikar Resurgent out and tap an Ally Encampment, can the extra mana be used for something other than an Ally spell?

The rulings of Resurgent doesn't state the land produces the extra mana.
>>
>>44989720
Since the mana comes from Zendikar Resurgent I think the extra mana can be used for other things. The mana from Encampment is still stuck being spent for Allies, unless you use the colorless mana first ability.
>>
Im still fairly new to mtg but was thinking of making a standard deck this time around.

Is a idea of a mono red or a R/B eldrazi deck a pipe dream? Maybe something with impact tremors and bringing in a lot of tokens?
>>
>>44990011

Not the poster of the question, but I'd have to agree with you, I looked online and didn't find anywhere stating it's a direct copy of the mana, so I would say it's free for whatever you want it to be.
>>
File: man-asleep-on-desk.jpg?sfvrsn=0.jpg (146 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
man-asleep-on-desk.jpg?sfvrsn=0.jpg
146 KB, 1600x1066
>It's a Four Color Rally tournament

Can standard be considered to be a solved format for the next three months?
>>
>>44990535

>jace goes in every deck.
>>
Sorry if this question comes up a lot.

I'm fucking sick of Hearhstone and decided to pick up a much better game. What format should I look into, and if possible, what colors would I want my deck to be built around for something like control warrior (which builds up a huge shield and can recover from board wipes by stalling with minions that give temporary HP)?
>>
>>44990803

God, I can't wait for Jace to go away.

...Only to have a new one in Shadows that is weaker than Mind Sculptor but probably better than every other Planeswalker in the block.
>>
>>44991004
Standard is going to rotate soon and has a huge buy-in price. It's the easiest format to get into, though
Modern is currently fucked after the Splinter Twin ban.
Legacy is ridiculously expensive and very few people play it. Vintage is even worse.
>>
The UR prowess deck looks pretty fun

Kinda surprised no one went further with it and made a jeskai ascendency deck
>>
>>44991228
I'm getting my excess financial aid from my college soon and it should be around 2 grand, so I can at least drop some cash for a starter deck or something.

Will there be new packs coming out soon or something I should wait to spend my money on?
>>
>>44991004
>>44991228

kitchentable/pauper are the only correct answers.
>>
>>44991153
on the plus side, with 4 color rally being the best deck in standard, now's a really good time to cash out your jaces before they rotate

unless you play grixis in modern or some shit i guess
>>
>>44991314
New set just came out. Prices are very unstable. You can buy packs, hope you get lucky, and sell a card for much more than it's really worth.
>>
>>44991332
Everyone eventually moves on from the kitchen table.
Good luck finding a store that has Pauper events.
>>
>>44991413
Oh, well, I probably won't be able to make some kind of meta deck for a while without getting a basic understanding of the game or netdecking.

Battle for Zendikar, is that the newest set?
>>
>>44991505
Oath of the Gatewatch is the new set.
Four Color Rally and Jeskia black are the current meta decks. Take your pick if you want to get into standard
>>
>>44991563
I see.

Would dropping the money for a booster box be a good starting point?
>>
>>44991602
opening packs are fun but not the most efficient way to get packs you need. This current format is really shitty for newcomers in terms of complexity and price. I'd recommend limited until the next set, SOI, which is when fetchlands rotate and decks should become much more heterogenous.
>>
>>44991684
When would that new set be out?

And I do quite enjoy opening packs, I could just buy one box so I have some cards to add to my collection, no? $100 isn't that much, desu.
>>
>>44989590
Do it. I take all my meh commons/uncommons and build casual constructed decks for them, and occasionally give them away to friends that I want to introduce to the game.
>>
>>44991228
>modern is fucked after splinter twin ban
"please cuck me wizards"
>>
>>44991724
The easiest format to get into for a new beginner, besides netdecking a tier 1 deck, is limited. Go to your local game store on friday and sign up for "draft" or "sealed". Google how to play the formats. You'll gradually build a collection of cards, learn to evaluate cards and learn how to construct your own decks. Consider buying a Fat Pack, regardless of set. It contains boosters, basic land cards for deck building, and a box to store your cards in.
And sleeves. Always sleeve your decks, even in limited. Afterwards, keep your rare cards sleeved to protect them from scratches.
>>
>>44991724
I don't know off the top of my head when shadow over innistrad launches, but wotc probably has a press release you can google. As for the box, if you think opening packs is worth $100 bucks then by all means.
It's all entertainment after all
>>
>>44991929
>>44991933
Looks like it comes in early April from my quick google search.

So once that block comes, only cards from that block are allowed, right?

I'd be closer to the end of the semester and could pre-order a box or two and satisfy my pack opening desire.
>>
>>44992031
I'm pretty sure with the way the new standard structure works, on launch standard would be dragons of tarkir-battle for zendikar-oath of the gatewatch-shadows over innistrad
>>
>>44989471
Nah felidar sovereign is a back up. But I see wat u mean. Sorry for the horrible grammar I'm at work
>>
>>44991389

>Look up that deck
>Sixteen.
>SIXTEEN FUCKING FETCHES

God, I can't wait for there to only be Evolving Wilds again. The amount of times I have had to hear "BEFORE YOU END YOUR TURN! I crack..." and then wait for the shuffle at an FNM...

I cannot wait for Khans and Fate to fuck off.
>>
>>44992649
Wait, 16 fetches? How many lands do they play? It'd have to be over 30 to justify that many fetches, right? Blast, now *I* have to look it up too.
>>
>>44989720

of course.
>>
>>44992783
You don't play an amount of fetches assuming you're going to draw into every land in your deck. There's no way you're going to run out of fetches before you run out of fetch targets. The usual reason decks like that run so many fetches is because they want to fill their graveyard quickly for whatever reason.
>>
>>44992848
Ok, that would explain it. It still looks like overkill to me (only 9 targets) but I guess it'd be great for those Murderous Cuts and the like.
>>
File: NORNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.png (603 KB, 1407x1190) Image search: [Google]
NORNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.png
603 KB, 1407x1190
Four color decks are cancer

I hope Shadows of Innistrad standard is full of two color decks.
>>
>>44992500

Can you explain a bit of your deck crafting then? I see it's allies, but I'm not sure how some of the new cohorts work with your current set.

I appreciate this :) - I run Abzan Allies myself
>>
>>44993417

>Abzan blue vs Jeskai black
>Just "4 color goodstuff" vs "4 color goodstuff"

What a horrible month to play standard.
>>
>>44993930

This, I hate how they call it shit like that. Jeskai Black could as very well be Mardu Blue if you look at how the colors are pretty evenly spread.

It's Four Color Goodstuff. I've said it already; I still cannot wait for the Khan fetches to go away.
>>
>>44984004

The whole block is a fucking joke. I'd even say the worst fucking block in the history of mtg, with a total of ZERO constructed playable cards.
They started by raising the hopes of us competitive players by spoiling kozilek. Then things started to get fishy when they said allies was back, a shitty mechanic literally no one cares about, and they ruined it all by announcing that it was a limited focused block. LIMITED IS PURE SHIT. if you're still buying boosters in Oath you're just an imbecile who gives away his money to WotC instead of speculating and investing in value.
As if it wasn't enough, they then ban Twin and laugh in our faces.
WotC is doing everything wrong. They could fix all of this and stop being greedy jews by doing these measures:
1. Only two formats: Legacy and Modern. Nobody cares about EDH, standard, and all the other shitty formats. Casualfags are the cancer that is killing mtg.
2. No more boosters. Wizards should sell the cards separately.
3. Legacy can only be played by players with more than 5 years of experience to avoid newfags entering legacy and ruining it.
4. No more lore or flavor text. The lore is shitty at best, and the flavor text restricts the space on cards.
5. No more rarity levels, all cards should be the same power level
>>
>>44994254
or even esper red
>>
>>44994586
Standard has been the best selling format for wizards since always. Are you even awake?

No more boosters? How is wizards going to money? I care about drafting more than anything else.

No more lore or flavor text? Now you're just baiting.
>>
>>44994586

>2. No more boosters. Wizards should sell the cards separately.

As much as I like this idea I'm afraid this kills some mtg-oriented LGS.

>Only two formats: Legacy and Modern. Nobody cares about EDH, standard, and all the other shitty formats. Casualfags are the cancer that is killing mtg.

I'm afraid the first format to go is Legacy as there's next to no people playing it.

>4. No more lore or flavor text. The lore is shitty at best, and the flavor text restricts the space on cards.

It's like you hate fun.

>The whole block is a fucking joke. I'd even say the worst fucking block in the history of mtg, with a total of ZERO constructed playable cards.

>the new Ulamog
>Gideon (standard only)
>wasteland strangler
>blight herder
>Shambling Vent

Oath:

>Sylvan Advocate (standard only)
>Hissing Quagmire (standard only)
>Reality Smasher
>Thought knot seer
>Warping Wail
>Endbringer
>Matter Reshaper
>Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet (standard only)

It doesn't look like 0 to me.
>>
Thinking of making a big eldrazi deck, would like to keep it entirely colorless but the ramp just isn't there
So I'm thinking going G with Blisterpod, From Beyond and Call the Scions for scion ramp, and then playing big guys like
Ulamog, Kozilek, Desolation Twin, Conduit of Ruin,Oblivion Sower, Void Winnower, Bane of Bala Ged, Deathless Behemoth etc etc
oh and Thought-Knot Seer and Eldrazi Mimic
>>
>>44995091

you don't even need blisterpod, with Oath eldrazi.
>>
Guick question cause finding those minute explinations of rulings on cards is a hassel.

Barrage tyrant. When its ability is activated and you sacrifice a creature. Does equipment/counter also effect the amount of damage dealt?
>>
>>44995289
yes, its the power at the time of sacrifice
>>
File: 1412141327606.jpg (13 KB, 340x361) Image search: [Google]
1412141327606.jpg
13 KB, 340x361
>>44991791

I'd really like to do that. I have B/W allies and R/G/U Eldrazi junk cards that I feel could be arranged into coherent standard decks, but the problem is in my playgroup it's all highly-competitive players running intense modern and EDH decks or we just do sealed drafts periodically. I've tried to coerce them to play standard/casual but there's never any real interest. There's the FLGS across the street from our office, but they are full of rather unfriendly college students from the nearby university.

>>44991153

Is there any speculation on the planeswalkers for Shadows? Sadly, everyone is probably right about another damn Jace. But considering the setting, I am wondering if we will see Sorin, Tibalt, or Sorin's kor waifu.
>>
>>44995268
Elaborate??
>>
>>44996643

Just go for pure ramp, then turn 3+ start dropping the cancer.
>>
>>44996989
Which standard cards should I use for 'pure ramp'?
>>
>>44991228

Legacy is the best format though, even if expensive.
>>
>>44996315
>competative friends

Thats why me and my buddies stopped the first time. Reanimate and tinker artifact decks weren't fun to play against.
>>
>been running a weird G/U creature/counter/control deck
>hope oath has good shit to compliment my deck
>only thing I find worthwhile is the void grafter and that's literally it.

well shit, at least I save money by skipping this set besides that card which is only uncommon anyways.
>>
>>44997435
The price on it doesn't bother me much. It's just that nobody plays it my area.
There's only one store that does Legacy events near me and it's 40 fucking miles out. I went there with a friend once. There were 9 people and 6 of them were playing infect.
>>
>>44997589

That blows. Legacy around my area is pretty diverse, we can get a good 20 people for weekly events, and 60+ on a good weekend $1k or better.
>>
>>44997341

Explosive Vegetation
Nissa's Pilgrimage
Nissa's Renewal
>>
I already started accumulating cards for a temur dragons deck but I fucked up. I don't wanna buy cards from KTK since it's gonna rotate out in a few months. What can I replace Savage Knuckleblade with? I just want something decent and cheap.
>>
>>44996315

I've hit this point where I'm anticipating Walker Drana at any point now, because Wizards has really simplistic storytelling sensibilities and they need to come up with a new mono-black planeswalker to round out their new "Walker Avengers" gimmick.
>>
So the SCG Open in Atlanta just finished up, with Atarka Red beating Mono-Green Eldrazi in the finals.

For those not wanting to look, the top 32 decklists break down as follows:

Atarka Red: 3
Mono-G Eldrazi: 1
Jeskai Black: 3
4 Color Rally: 6
Abzan Company: 1
RB Dragons: 2
5-Color Bring to Light: 1
Abzan Blue: 1
GR Eldrazi: 3
Mono-Black Eldrazi: 1
BW Control: 1
Abzan Aggro: 4
Mardu Green: 2
Jeskai Aggro: 1
Esper Dragons: 1
Mardu Midrange: 1
>>
>>44998006
If you want to condense that down a bit, it basically breaks into:

Atarka Red
Jeskai Black
4 Color Rally
X Color(s) Eldrazi
some flavor of Abzan
some sort of Mardu
and a couple control decks (Esper Dragons, BW Control)
>>
I'm thinking of going r/w equipment allies opinions?
>>
>>44998006

>sylvan advocate is actually played.

I tell you nigg nogs it's a good card.
>>
>>44993648
It has like layers. It makes the opponent have to worry about felidar sovereign, Gideon and rally triggers separately. Eat particularly would I trim? It's 66 cards atm and I hate myself for it.
>>
>>44998006

I'm confused why the Eldrazi deck was mono-green, to the point I wonder if he had budget/card supply issues. Two colors isn't particular investment this standard, especially in a ramp deck, and the red splash is powerful just from Kozilek's Return.
>>
>>44997955

But isn't that what Liliana-longface is for?
>>
File: Meanmugger.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Meanmugger.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>44986728
>>
alright I'm desperate. I've been working on this for too long. I need help. Obliterate me, I know it sucks. I just want to be able to beat my friends and win a round or two at FNM. It seems like whenever I try some starting hands on deckstats, I get real bad hands. My goal is to not spend money on KTK and FTR stuff since it's about to rotate out soon.
http://deckstats.net/decks/46563/407292-temur-dragon-ramp-help-?lng=fr
>>
>>44998298
With it being literal first weekend of Oath being tourney legal, I could see it being card issues, as other than having the Kozilek most of the other Oath cards he had in his 75 were commons or uncommons.

The red splash is mostly free, maybe he just felt having a more streamlined deck was worth the tradeoff, as most Eldazi decks can't deal with Atarka Red and Abzan Aggro to begin with, and if he couldn't get the $40 per card Kozilek's Return, he figured to just be on the dodge plan for the whole tourney.
>>
Rally didn't win, but its obviously the strongest deck in standard, so much so that the "answers" for it are very anemic, and that's post sideboard only, really, which they will have answers for your answers.

and because its a deck that draws lots of cards, they usually get to their answers first.

which is generailly "dispel" for your counterspell to their rally.

I played bant scales, but I went to an IQ Saturday and realized my deck is entirely fucking dead to Rally namely Reflector Mage.

jesus wept i've never hated a deck more, and I was an early adopter.
>>
Brewing Eldrazi Aggro.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/eldrazi-idiots/

I think Abzan will still be the best deck, but will get pushed down by Eldrazi ramp. They're going to struggle with Thought-knot+Bearer of Silence.

Rakdos Eldrazi Control will probably be pretty good actually. Despise, Wild Slash, Roast, the new drown in sorrow, the above mentioned eldrazi, Ruinous Path, and build up to Ulamog.
>>
>>44999406
Abzan wasn't even a fucking ghost in this weekends Open, son.

it got curbstomped by Rally, Ramp and U/R prowess.

Abzan and Esper Dragons (that's what you GET you shitter Brad Nelson) got sent fucking home.
>>
>>44999540
I didn't watch nor look up the lists. I guess I'll look them over a bit.

Is my list going to just get shit on?
>>
>>44999406
your list is pretty bad, shit like Forerunner of slaughter never pan out on the curve, reaver drone is garbage right now, savannah lions are not good in this format.

here's mine, its Sultai.

Creatures 23

4x Eldrazi Mimic
3x Bearer of Silence
2x void grafter
2x Mind Melter
4x Matter Manipulator
4x Thought-Knot Seer
4x Reality Smasher

Spells 13

4x Ghostfire Blade
4x Spatial Contortion
2x Warping Wail
3x Complete Disregard

Lands

4x Yavimiya Coast
4x Llanowar Wastes
4x Crumble to Dust
4x Corrupted Crossroads
4x Ruins of Oran Reef
3x Seagate Wreckage
1x Mirrorpool

this list is working very well in testing only thing i'm thinking of adding in is some sort of draw spell like treasure cruise.
>>
>>44999752
and by Sultai, I mean its barely fucking sultai, or barely even colored.

its like i'm not using colors at all! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQM2QdWkjQI

Ruins of Oran Reef and Ghostfire blade turn this deck into a real fucking nightmare, a 10/10 Reality smasher (who they don't even know will be protected by void Grafter!) is great.
>>
From what I saw watching the Open coverage, basically every deck that Rally played against that didn't have a pro-active gameplan on the early turns followed up by disruption or counterspells in the mid and late game just got run over by 4 Color Rally's eventual card advantage via returning creatures with the Rally and bouncing Anafenza and Kalitas with Reflector Mage.

Basically, Atarka Red and Jeskai Black shit on Rally, but everything else will lose to it or have to eschew their sideboard so much to deal with it, that it will warp deck construction.
>>
>>44999837
Although I think a couple decks that are midranged can beat if, they just need to have more fliers in their deck. There is a severe lack of flying creatures in most Standard decks right now.

The most commonly played ones right now are Mantis Rider, Wingmate Roc, and Dragonlord Ojutai.

That new goblins card though looked backbreaking every time it was cast though... Goblin Dark Dwellers?

It was basically flashing back a Crackling Doom or Atarka's Command and just wrecking faces.
>>
>>44999752
Bitch, use real names so I can look up your cards.
>>
>>44999909
fliers dont' mean shit, reflector mage and Sidisi's faithful insure that "lone threats" are meaningless.
>>
>>44999929
those are their real names.

Mind Melter might be Mindmelter.
>>
Guys, I think the answer to Rally is just run Flaying Tendrils
>>
>>45000058
>run this sorcery speed removal against the deck that has the Husk!

no one did that for a reason, idiot
>>
>>45000109
I think no one ran Flaying Tendrils due to the 1BB cost, not because it was sorcery speed.
>>
>>45000109
Maybe I am an idiot, but I don't see much of a problem with a husk surviving into his turn, considering all the sac outlets are most likely dead and you presumably have other answers to him as well.
>>
>>45000130
you'd be wrong, I mean the double black is a good enough reason, don't get me wrong.

but Everyone knew the fucking Rally decks and the U/R prowess decks were going to be big.

so socery speed -2-2 is meaingless

what does this kill? Zulaport and Jace? both of which can be sac'd to husk or flipped into a walker?

doesn't kill Reflector mage, Ayli, Husk, Catacomb Sifter, Faithful.

what where you planning on killing with it, exactly?
>>
>>45000154
>you presumably have a counter spell

that's what you mean, because otherwise your fucking dead, your "answers" are dealt with effortlessly, Anafenza and Kalita's are NOT the game changer you think they are against this deck.
>>
>>45000213
I feel like we're talking about two different decks. Please post a link to this format defining deck.
>>
If nothing else, at least we only have to deal with Rally decks for another 3 months, right? Rally and a couple other cards rotate out when SOI rotates in?
>>
File: Smash up the Night.jpg (199 KB, 750x1066) Image search: [Google]
Smash up the Night.jpg
199 KB, 750x1066
>>44999752
also my deck's theme
>>
>>45000345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpSHC1dqX1o
>>
>>45000154
Because husk just puts them into his graveyard so they can be rallied. It defeats the entire purpose of the cheap exile boardwipe
>>
>>45000154
answering him doesn't matter, he sac's everything to shove it into the graveyard and then he survives.

then we go to his turn and he plays more shit, and more shit, ad more shit.

and then eventually he plays rally and brings it all back and kills you, with counter spell magic up.

and you go "well I sure am glad I played my drown in sorrow that did nothing!"
>>
This is my Mostly Colorless Eldrazi. I have a bit of black and blue in there to give me access to card draw and kill spells. One thing I've been thinking about changing is making the Caves of Koilos into Llanowar Wastes and Shivan Reefs into Yavimaya Coasts in order to replace Eldrazi Mimic with Sylvan Advocate. I'm on the fence about this because Sylvan advocate can't be pumped by Oran-Reif Ruins, and can't get a cheap ghostblade.
I think I'm calling it Stained Glass Eldrazi.

Land (23)

4x Caves of Koilos
1x Island
1x Mirrorpool
2x Polluted Delta
3x Ruins of Oran-Rief
3x Sea Gate Wreckage
4x Shivan Reef
2x Sunken Hollow
1x Swamp
2x Tomb of the Spirit Dragon

Creature (19)

3x Eldrazi Mimic
4x Hangarback Walker
4x Matter Reshaper
4x Reality Smasher
4x Thought-Knot Seer

Instant (14)

4x Artificer's Epiphany
3x Murderous Cut
4x Spatial Contortion
3x Warping Wail

Artifact (4)

4x Ghostfire Blade

Sideboard (15)

3x Dispel
1x Island
3x Negate
3x Slip Through Space
3x Titan's Presence
2x Tomb of the Spirit Dragon
>>
>>45000391
ah, I see now. Hmm.

What turn do they typically rally on? I think Wild Slash and Despise can buy me enough time to drop Thought-knot, Bearer of Silence is cutting in over his head to clock him...
>>
>>45000435
>artificer's Epiphany

jesus christ anon.

also your aggro deck has only 19 creatures when you have access to shit like Bearer of Silence, Endless One, and other threats.
>>
>>45000472
whenever they need to drop it.

you can despise all you want, the deck draws infinite cards off Grim Haruspex.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-22-19-08-41.png (152 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-22-19-08-41.png
152 KB, 720x1280
JUST BREW IT

DON'T LET YOUR DEAD MEMES BE GREEN
>>
>>45000511
>despise the Grim Haruspex
>>
>>45000529
you've never really played against a Rally deck have you?
>>
>>45000493
I tried out Endless One, and I didn't like it. Adding a set of Bearers could work really well though. Also, I need a way to give me card draw otherwise I end up floundering. With 8 artifacts in the deck Artificer's Epiphany is consistently draw two for three. You think maybe just drop blue all together and go straight mono-black with Read the Bones?
>>
File: where buy.jpg (68 KB, 810x607) Image search: [Google]
where buy.jpg
68 KB, 810x607
Didn't want to start a whole new thread for this, but where does /tg/ get your cheap dollar rares? I used to bid through Kid Icarus but that was when shipping was $1.50, so I could get playsets for about $2 total. Now that shipping is $3, i don't want to pay $4 minimum for crap like 4x Eldrazi Obligators
>>
>>45000565
card draw is simple, you play everything and then you Sea-gate wreckage.

just copy this, its doing what you are trying to do, but throw in a fucking treasure cruise or something. >>44999752
>>
>>44997499
you nignog, there's little to no opportunity cost to splashing white for reflector mage and o'command

bestmanathisstandard.meme
>>
>>45000635
I'd prefer to have the ability to draw cards before my hand is completely empty. I like some of your suggestions, though.
>>
>>45000705
its an aggro deck anon, not a fucking draw cards deck.

slip through space or something, I dunno.
>>
>>45000610

Pucatrade
>>
>>44998473

She doesn't really ever hang out with the other four though, and the fact that she actually has her own goals to pursue means they can't just make her get sidetracked by inane bullshit not actually related to her character.

Drana, meanwhile, is a major black-alligned character they pushed the shit out of for BFZ, is expressly allied with the Gatewatch Walkers, and was given nearly equal billing with the other four.

If they're not signaling they want to push Drana into walker territory at some point, I don't know what's what. Because current-era Wizards seems to just hand out sparks left and right now to whatever characters they like enough. They genuinely can't understand why anyone would have a non-walker character as their favorite.
>>
File: 1381879181484.jpg (88 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
1381879181484.jpg
88 KB, 854x859
>>45002081
I don't disagree that she's not a likely candidate for a spark but it feels like they would have given her one already.

Either they're gonna wait for return to return to zendikar or just have her show up one block going "lol hey guys what's goin on".

I mean motivation could be hunting down Emrakul with the rest to fuck Em up for what she did to Zendikar I guess.
>>
>>45002130

In the Dragonworld block, they brought back Dragonman character and wrote a whole story about his dumb Time-travelling Dragon adventures.

We are about to go back to Vampireworld. Drana is a Vampire person.

I wouldn't put it past them.
>>
>>45002190
It would be kind of neat to see crazy adventure world barbarian vampire clashing with the snooty high society vampires of Innistrad
>>
>>44999837
Atarka gets shit on by Rally, what are you talking about?
>>
>>44994586
Your ideas are a fucking joke
and i bet you played twin too
suck on it
>>
>>44992189
You left out Origins/Jace Lottery but are otherwise correct.
>>
File: Mr Bones.gif (121 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Mr Bones.gif
121 KB, 600x600
>The whole block is a fucking joke. I'd even say the worst fucking block in the history of mtg, with a total of ZERO constructed playable cards.
>They started by raising the hopes of us competitive players by spoiling _____. Then things started to get fishy when they said ____ was back, a shitty mechanic literally noone cares about, and they ruined it all by announcing that it was a limited focused block. LIMITED IS PURE SHIT. if you're still buying boosters in ____ you're just an imbecile who gives away his money to WotC instead of speculating and investing in value.
>As if it wasn't enough, they then ban __________ and laugh in our faces.
>WotC is doing everything wrong. They could fix all of this and stop being greedy jews by doing these measures:
>1. Only two formats: Legacy and Modern. Nobody cares about EDH, standard, and all the other shitty formats. Casualfags are the cancer that is killing mtg.
>2. No more boosters. Wizards should sell the cards separately.
>3. Legacy can only be played by players with more than 5 years of experience to avoid newfags entering legacy and ruining it.
>4. No more lore or flavor text. The lore is shitty at best, and the flavor text restricts the space on cards.
>5. No more rarity levels, all cards should be the same power level (high) to make the meta diverse

TFW pasta
>>
>>45002615
Let me see if I can fill in the blanks
Thought-knot Seer
Landfall
THE CURRENT YEAR
Splinter Twin
>>
>>44995091
Make Ulamog and Ugin your wincons.
Do away with some of the other Eldrazi.
Try a control-ramp playstyle.
>>
Is racist superfriends going to be a deck?
>>
>>44989052
In your upkeep, I bolt the Maniac. What do?
>>
>>44989021
Pick two of the colours in the combo and splash for the third.
> White Green
Flickering etb growth shinagens
>White Black
Flickering etb life-drain shinanagens
> Green Black
Life death cycles of doom
>>
>>45004356
>letting them untap first
terrible
>>
>>45004041
hell, maybe
half of the oaths look like trash though, so no promises
>>
>>44992189
When Shadows over Innistrad releases, Khans of Tarkir rotates out. The legal standard sets will then be: Magic Origins, Battle for Zendikar, Oath of the gatewatch and Shadows over Innistrad.
>>
>>44999178
Maybe deckstats suck at shuffling.
>>
>>45004356

Lmao counter spell
>>
>>44996315
lol are you in flagstaff?
>>
For some reason I really wanna build Temur Elementals right now even though they're shit right now. Please try to talk me out of it please /tg/
>>
My R/G Eldrazi ramp deck has surprising consistency and is formidably matched against everyone but RDW hybrids, which I can usually have a decent chance against post game 1.

And best of all, it doesn't even use any FRF or KTK cards. I'm already set for the new meta
>>
>Playing
Janky U/B Eldrazi control/ramp

>Brewing
Colorless aggro and trying to make my Zada weenies deck work.

>Predictions
Abzan still strong, some aggro with red and/or colorless, the usual Grixis control stuff.
>>
>>45005311

Nope
>>
>>45005131
You forgot Dragons of Tarkir in your list m8.
Based Raptor and protector Duo.
>>
I'm building a black/blue eldrazi ingest deck. This is my first time building something in standard. Normally I just play casual modern, but considering how much I love the eldrazi flavor wise, this set really appealed to me.

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to use ruins of cora rin (whatever the land is that can be tapped to give an eldrazi that entered the field that turn +1/+1) or instead have more islands/swamps. I'd post the current form of my deck, but I'm just posting between classes right now. If I remember I'll post it for you all to decimate later.
>>
File: Jeskai-Way-MtG-Art1.jpg (98 KB, 1024x744) Image search: [Google]
Jeskai-Way-MtG-Art1.jpg
98 KB, 1024x744
What do you guys think about Jeskai Tokens/Ascendency in the current meta?

I think it would be pretty good and I'm working on a list now
>>
>>44998006
List is wrong, I definitely remember a UR prowess in the top8.
>>
>>44992848
The reason you run fetch lands is to reduce the number of lands you will draw in your deck without reducing effectiveness. Ie, thin out your deck so you draw what you need.
>>
File: 635876873267693254.png (158 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
635876873267693254.png
158 KB, 265x370
I'm calling it now: Warping Wail will become the Seige Rhino of post-Khans Standard.

To tldr a what would've been 2000 character essay about why I'll just summarize it like this:
>Blue generally gets turns and counterspells
>When red gets turns and counterspells they're generally tightly constrained gimmicks (See: Last Chance, Pyroblast)
>No other color gets such a thing unless it's meant to implode on itself or comes with blue built in.
>Warping Wail is colorless
>Doesn't have a tight gimmick built into it save for the colorless cost
>Colorless is easier to get in Oath thanks to fixer and filters being able to simply tap for it
>Post-Khans rotation fetches will be out, making such things more desirable for a lot of decks (See: Mana Confluence pre-Khans).
>Can counter sorceries, generally the stronger cards of a format (removal, card draw, buffs, etc)
>Also can exile small shit that nobody likes
>Also can create a mana saccer that can be useful in the later part of the game
>Only costs 2 CMC, only one of the mana pieces needing to be colorless

All in all, a card that can counter, remove, ramp and can go into any color that can afford it is going to be busted no matter what.
>>
>>44994586
>3. Legacy can only be played by players with more than 5 years of experience to avoid newfags entering legacy and ruining it.
I don't see how it's possible for newfags to ruin legacy, most of the newbs (other than the 12-post players) integrate into legacy rather well actually.
I also don't think that it is possible to make modern a non-shit format without tripling or thirding the banlist. If you triple it, why not just play standard and if you third it why not just play legacy?
Modern is the cancer killing standard btw. It literally forces them to designing even more conservatively than they would otherwise.
>>
>>45008343
I looked at it and felt a similar way. It's an extremely flexible card with a low cost. I don't think it's gonna be busted, but it's pretty neat.
>>
>>45008876
>Modern is the cancer killing standard btw. It literally forces them to designing even more conservatively than they would otherwise.
Wizards doesn't consider modern at all when building sets. The cancer that is standard is the leech on literally every other format ever.
>>
>>44998186

It could be fun. I'm running RWG Allies and it works. I'm borderline tossing green aside though but Veteran Warleader with Stoneforge Masterwork is such dirty fun.
>>
>>45009065
>Wizards doesn't consider modern at all when building sets.
Bullshit, they don't test for it (mostly) that isn't the same thing as not considering it. A lot of the conservatism comes from casual too to be fair.
Let's put it this way, there have been tons of standards where they could've safely reprinted brainstorm but they can't because it would break modern.
Birthing pod has been banned from modern, it was fine in standard, but with a larger card pool it became more powerful. Pod is now considered a 'mistake', that means they have to be more conservative with designs, same goes for something like chrome mox or rite of flame or blazing shoal.
Modern increases conservatism and its turn 4 rule ruins standard.
>>
>>45008343
>Warping Wail is colorless
Daily reminder that wastes is a new "color"
Atleast it plays like one.
>>
I agree with you on most of these points, but in order to maximize profits, the business model they are following works.

The Twin ban was absolutely stupid though
>>
>>45009235
The guy's argument lies more in the fact it's not constrained to a color identity like most other cards, which turns it from a colorless card to a prismatic card in some third planar dimension of existence.

And as the guy stated, colorless is more accessible now that it's printed in more stuff and even in the form of a basic land. Green could totally run it if it really wanted to.
>>
>>45008343
its a good card but its not a rare for a reason.

in standard, what sorceries does it get?

Treasure Cruise and Board wipes.

no one runs sorceries otherwise, this standard is bereft from them, the rest are instants.
>>
>>45009446
for ramp decks, it stops infinite obliteration.

Against ramp decks, it stops them from ramping.

It blocks against board wipes, which UR prowess hates, It destroys 1/1s, and at the very least, it gives you a mana token. I'd be surprised if its not ran a lot after the rotation.
>>
Building B/G sacrifice Eldrazi around Company and Matter Reshaper. I'm kinda curious what you'll all think of it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/collected-eldrazi-aristocrats/
>>
>"okay, guys. Swiftspear is way too aggresively costed. How do we tone down the prowess stuff this time?"
>"I got it, lets print a 2 mana Swiftspear with flying and 3 toughness"

Fuck the asshole who said this card wasn't too much. I'm already too tired of playing against this stupid fucking UR prowess deck. at least 6 people at my LGS run nearly this exact same fucking deck
>>
>>45011336
Swiftspear did nothing wrong
>>
>>45011281
you'd be wrong, it can't be run right now because all the best decks are fucking 4 color goodstuff/Rally.

the only decks that can run it are Eldrazi Aggro and Eldrazi Ramp, no one else can afford to splash painlands/'waste' generating lands.

>>45011336
the worst part is for the Red/White players they got a 3/2 equipment matters uncommon in a standard with 2 good equipment (that came with the set)

and the buff doesn't even stack per equipment.
>>
>>45011336
UR is the new aggro colors. RW is for nerds.
>>
Can I trigger collateral damage's sac ability by using barrage tyrant?

Or does collateral damage require a seperate creature to sake?
>>
>>45012179
>blue gets to be more low cost aggro than white
>and draws cards from its aggro build as well

being a R/W player for the last 2 years has been utter fucking suffering.
>>
>>45007682
K, here is what I'm currently looking at

creatures (25)
1x Ulamog the ceaseless hunger
1x kozilek the great distortion
1x deciever of form (comboes well with conduit of ruin putting ulamog on top, win condition)
2x oblivion sower
2x deepfathom skulker
2x conduit of ruin
2x matter reshaper
3x herald of kozilek (4?)
3x sludge crawler
4x fathom feeder
4x mist intruder

instant/scorceries/ect (15)
1x kozilek's return (lucky pre-release draft)
2x void shatter
3x spell shrivel
3x titan's presence
4x warping wail

lands (20)
3x mirror pool
1x ruins of oran-rief
4x corrupted crossroads (I need these for the herald of kozilek, and it doesn't hurt to have them in case I don't draw either a swamp or island I need.)
6x swamp
6x island

cards considered for adding in/swapping around:
sire of stagnation: I guess this deck can be considered a sort of ramp/control deck. Sire of stagnation would fill a similar role as deepfathom skulker in providing card draw, but not in as much of a way that is in my control.

spacial contortion: creature removal and extra damage in one card

benthic infiltrator: comboes well with deepfathom skulker.

sunken hollow: I wanna add these, but I don't wanna give up any mirror pools or corrupted crossroads.

smoldering marsh: I'm considering running a couple of these so I don't need to rely entirely on corrupted crossroads for herald of kozilek.

Ugin: I know he'd be perfect for this deck, but I don't wanna drop 50$+ on this deck or more.

void winnower: cool card

Any other blue/black devoid card recommendations would be appreciated.
>>
>>45013129
>(comboes well with conduit of ruin putting ulamog on top, win condition)
Legendary rule
>>
>>45013247
deciever of form can't turn multiple creatures into ulamog? Fuck, I was really looking forward to emptying someones deck in one combat phase. That would have been hilarious. Oh well.
>>
>>45013408
I mean to be fair only one creature would still be alive as an Ulamog copy, which would still rip the opponent's deck apart. You just wouldn't be able to make them all Ulamog.
>>
>>45013408
Bane of motherfucking bala ged
>>
>>45013478
hmm... I guess a free 20 cards out of my opponents deck is still pretty nice. It also still works well with deepfathom skulker.

>>45013677
idk how I missed that, searchable with conduit of ruin and isn't a legendary. I'd only need to run 1 in my deck for ghetto annihilator!
>>
>>45012179
>>45012463

I pretty much bounce between RW and RU, so I'll be okay.
>>
>>45013838
you U traitor.

stay the fuck away from my White.
>>
>>45012463
I feel the same way. I was spoiled with rw burn and rw dragons. I don't have a deck I enjoy for standard. I'm leaning towards rb dragons, mardu dragons, or atarka red.
>>
>>45012355
Not sure exactly what you are asking here

If you asking if you can sac barrage tyrant for the cost of collateral damage you can.

If you are asking if you can sac something for both the requirement of barrage tyrants ability AND the sacrifice requirement for collateral damage you may not.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-25-02-00-00.png (154 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-25-02-00-00.png
154 KB, 800x1280
how does this list look? sideboard options?
I really want to play R/G eldrazi, but im not really interested in buying ulamog or kozlike right now.
>>
>>45015177
The later, and thanks for the clarification.
>>
>>45015205
the reaver drone option is shit, never have 2/1's for 1 been so bad than right now.

replace all of them with wild slashes

dust stalker is fairly shit too, more Thought-Knot's

Forerunner rarely does anything but be a 3/2 which is okay, but you could run literally anything else and be better off, AKA more removal.
>>
>>45016556
I just figured it would be beneficial to be as aggressive as possible because a lot of the decks have wonky mana, and capitalizing on that feels right. I've been really impressed with dust stalker, but ill give it a try. Thanks for the insight.
as far as a sideboard, I've been going off mardu midrange decks. I feel like my worst matchups are junk and r/g aggro. is that what I should be siding for, or is there another deck that I should more worried about playing against?
>>
>>45007738

M e m e d e c k
e
m
e
d
e
c
k
>>
Dropping the Green from my RW Allies Deck to free up some space... do you think the new Chandra would be worth it?

While she can't activate Rally effects on her own, by the time I could play her I'd have enough ways to force a Rally to happen, making those Elementals fairly dangerous. And her emergency card draw would be useful as well. And hell, if I can get a Hero of Goma Fada out, her board wiping ability could be used as well.
>>
File: BXycKwY.jpg (238 KB, 860x1152) Image search: [Google]
BXycKwY.jpg
238 KB, 860x1152
So you could +0 Chandra on an empty hand and with the ability on the stack activate Sea Gate Wreckage, right?
>>
>>45016979
>Hero of Goma Fada
Sounds bad anon.
>>
>>45018243
yes

you can also activate two sea-gate wreckages at once.
>>
>>45018437
A desperate but neat way to try to and reload
>>
How can I build a deck around villainous wealth?
>>
>>45018621
Buy the gun for when you realize Villainous Wealth is hard as hell to do what you want it to do. Alternatively, make a ramp deck and have it in there along with your big stompy creatures.
>>
>>45005617
Ugin is kind of a requirement in this meta, bro.
>>
Does ultimate price hit colorless creatures?
>>
>>45019177
no
>>
>>45013778
The chance of getting Bala ged on top of your library is so low that you're better off not running deceiver in the first place. And what if you end up making all your creatures tiny mimics or something?
>>
>>45019415
Bueno
>>
>What are you playing?
Budget Golgari Aristocrats.
>What are you brewing?
Not-so budget Abzan Aristocrats with INFINITE COMBO (even if it's not as good as the original version of the deck it's pretty fun being able to scry through your entire deck with Brood Monitor + Catacomb Sifter + Eldrazi Displacer)
>What are your meta predictions for the pro tour?
iunno I keep it at the local level. Probably a lot of expensive decks.
>>
>>44989170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ObJwxX70ws
Start with this and splash white. You only really need Eldrazi Displacer but I added in a Gideon because pooping out 2/2 Knights is fun.
>>
>>45019455
Conduit of Ruin puts it on top of the deck, anon.

also Deceiver is a May.
>>
>>44998687
i puked a little in my mouth
>>
>>44994586
>Casualfags are the cancer that is killing mtg.
they make up something like 90% of wizards entire consumer base you moron
they are here to make money to make you feel good you tard.
>No more boosters. Wizards should sell the cards separately.
are you high? thats the point of a TCG, you buy boosters and trade cards, you don't like em order them.
>Legacy can only be played by players with more than 5 years of experience to avoid newfags entering legacy and ruining it.
you are the exact reason I don't play online games outside of poker, you drain the fun out of everything by making everything super elitist.
>No more lore or flavor text. The lore is shitty at best, and the flavor text restricts the space on cards.
"beep boop I am a robot beep boop"
>No more rarity levels, all cards should be the same power level
then whats the point in even printing sets or blocks? I can just tell you suck at limited
>>
I want to make a UB Prowess deck based around Stormchaser Mage but honestly I wouldn't know where to start and all the prowess decks on TappedOut seem so varied.
What would be the best way to build a prowess deck? Obviously win condition is from activating prowess and buffing creature at same time?
>>
>>45021247
Meant UR*
>>
File: 47.jpg (60 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
60 KB, 312x445
>>45021247
>>45021277
Cheap cantrips like this and Expedite. You don't care if they don't really have an effect that's worth a fuck since their primary purpose is to proc Prowess and get another card in your hand.
>>
>>45007738
i'm kinda working on a list, too. it involves manlands and cantrips to get lots of mana to cast big red X spells with dispel backup so i can yell "TOKENS?! MERELY A RUSE! CRATER'S CLAW FOR X=50! FEROCIOUS TRIGGER PLUS 2!"
>>
>>45019582
So not only are you having to draw into enough mana to cast deceiver and decent board presence to hit with deceiver and praying to not trade creatures or get wiped, but also a conduit?

Seems like a really fringe thing to try to pull off
>>
>>45021339
If you use Slip Through Space or Expedite on Zada, do you draw a card for each copy?
>>
>>45024126
yes
>>
>>45024154
Hmm. Might put a couple Zada's in a Prowess deck and see how it turns out
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.