[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG /edhg/ EDH Commander General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1451515424528.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1451515424528.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
Does anyone actually care about the edition?: Edition.

previous thread:
>>44935734

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
>>
>>44964689
You ever notice that the best art is usually stapled to a meh card?
>>
>>44964811
different strokes for different folks, I have a copy in my zedruu list because i draw so much, and i would prefer to not deck myself out gifting forced frutition with zedruu while omniscience on the field is beautiful
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/outlast-is-not-junk/

Thoughts on my token/counter based anefenza deck? How strong would you guys rate it? thoughts on maybe board?
>>
So I brewed this Jalira list with some stuff I had. I think it needs way more card draw:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/become-a-kraken-a-self-help-deck/

You can suggest stuff for my other decks too if you're interested.
>>
>>44964913
That's very situational.
But sounds absolutely amazing. I like how you've combined the big three huge blue enchantments in such a way that benefits you. I'd like to see that once. Just the once though.
>>
>>44964936
you could probably take out dromoka for something else, cause one dragon swinging to only give 2 +1/+1 counters seems alittle dull. Unless your going for flavor then so far would play with/10

if you were looking to cut cards, liliana vess is great but seems alittle "off" for the overall theme of the deck if that makes sense. same thing applies with ob nixilis, and sorin

my thoughts on the maybe board. brimaz and gideon dont really have a good feels with the deck, mainly because they dont really have any synergy with most of the cards in the deck

other than that pretty dank list 10/10 would be fun to bro down with
>>
>>44965121
zedruu is the leader i go to for fun, Its got the standard shit in the deck like mindmoil, illusions of grandeur, akroan horse etc. but i also throw in cards confusion in the ranks, scrambleverse, parado haze, and when i really really wanna fuck with people i start gifting them planeswalkers, because now they dont know whether or not to kill me? or keep me alive for awhile sense i jsut gifted them a planeswalker
>>
>>44965240
Yea I added in dromoka for flavor, same reason why I have abzan banner and not commander sphere. Liliana vess, ob nix and sorin are there because I just like planswalkers and doubling season makes then even better. Although sorin does poop out tokens so that is pretty good for the deck, And he is my second favorite planswalker after Liliana I have used Liliana vess' -2 in quite a bit of games more then twice and its just so good value, and new ob is pure value I would think, second phyrexion arena or just a murder stick.
>>
>>44964936
36 land is pretty low for the mana curve you've got. You're pretty low on things to play turn 2 in particular.
>>
>>44965485
i can see that reasoning, if you wanted to/needed to cut any cards for better ones those were the ones i would suggest

>>44965033
Good decklist! seems like it would be fun to play as well as play against without it becoming to over the top with mono-blue.

I had a jalira deck at one point so my advice for her is: MORE TOKENS!
i only see 5 sources to produce tokens. i would suggest throwing in chornozoa, day of dragons(have a massive field presence, cast it you now have X dragons you can sac off with jalira and get the rest of your deck out) followed footsteps would be a great addition as well as, master of waves, talrand could work when you have 1/5 of the deck being instants and sorcery's, whirler rogue could be a could addition as well with tokens as well as an unblockable effect on larger creatures

also, as long as you have jalira out and you sac off to get larger creatures (potentially) you dont really need a large amount of card draw. but if you did still need card draw arcanis, jace memory adept, bident of thassa, coastal piracy, jace's archivist are all good ones to consider for card draw.

use the gatherer search engine for blue card draw and that should help you out alot more.
>>
>>44965773
I was thinking of adding Talrand, one of my friends has one, same for master of waves, and I might have opened one of those rogues. I don't really like day of dragons, but I think thopter spy network would work well, don't you think?

What would you cut for Bident of Thassa?

And since you helped me once, could you take a look at this otherr deck? Whenever I play it I feel there's something lacking, but I'm not exactly sure what. I made some changes, added some good new cards, so maybe I fixed the problem. Anyway, here it is: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghave-guru-of-synergy-1/
>>
>>44964936
>ohitsthisdeckagain.jpg
Daghatar and Mer-ek Nightblade are still among your weakest creatures, would change for Hero of Bladehold.

Being big is better than having deathtouch in EDH.
>>
>>44966282
>>44964936
Oh and
>Retribution of the Ancients
Why.
>>
>>44964689
>bearer of being a dick
y/n
>>
Any feedback on my Sen Triplets control list now that rule 4 is dead would be much appreciated

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-01-16-sen-triplets-edh/

I'm thinking of adding time stop and or spelljack, what is /tg/'s opinion on these cards? Too expensive to hold up?
>>
>>44966623
He didn't do nothing wrong. People should stop crying about land destruction.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (123 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
123 KB, 223x311
Kill the newbie but I have to ask about this

>You can’t put more than one +1/+1 counter on any one target using the support action.

Does it mean that If I put one +1/+1 counter on XYZ creature by pic related support abillity, I can't target it with same support no more?
Or it's just reminder that I have to split those two counters between two creatures or use only one if there is no more creature than one in play?
>>
>>44966623
How does this interact with Gift of Immortality?
Does it end up nuking several times a round?
>>
>>44967493
If Gift and Bearer belong to the same player, he decides which order they resolve in, so he can bring Bearer back before or after the nuke drops.

If the Gift belongs to another player, follow usual APNAP order.
>>
>>44967274
The latter
>>
>>44966623
I want to live the dream and sneak attack this guy in but i know i would get my shit kicked in the next turn before he'd have a chance to resolve
>>
>>44966446
I think it's a good card when you have a lot of counters which i usually do. Maybe your right about dagatar but deathtouch and first strike guy together is scary.
>>
>>44967939
Deathtouch guy and First Strike guy form a very slow and underwhelming combo that only serves to help you win creature combat. Winning creature combat really isn't a big deal in this format, at least in my experience: most metas I play in rarely have a lot of creatures on board at the same time, and "blocking" is almost exclusively of the chumping variety.. If boards tend to get clogged in your meta, you're better off running Reconnaissance.

If something on your opponent's side of the table is big and threatening enough that you can't attack through it, then it's probably something you should be using removal on in the first place, because people don't play Craw Wurms in EDH, they play terrifying value engines.
>>
I was told recently that prophet of kruphix was banned in EDH, is this true?
>>
>>44968287
yes.
>>
I'm wondering, are there any generals that could feasibly play creature heavy into the more 'competitive' all combo/control/blue table?

Currently, looking at Riku of Two Reflections. Drop lower cost creatures rather than fatties, to make counterspells less of an efficient trade. Copied on ETB the creatures should hopefully be strong enough Use the spell clone effect to power through counterspells, and save your actual counters for if people try to wreck your critters.

Surrak would be another solid option. Pity I can't think of one that doesn't run blue, but I figure doing beaters at this type of table is enough of a handicap already.

If that doesn't work, I might just run Purphoros. Probably won't win, but scaring the 'serious' decks with monoR is gotta be worth something
>>
>>44968677
ruric thar makes blue mages salty
>>
>>44964936
IMO that's obscenely bad given what you'd be spending on it.
>>
>>44968745
Explain please.
>>
>>44968820
I'd hope to have a competitive deck for $500. As is it looks like it would get steamrolled by a $80 Purphoros.
>>
File: EDH.png (3 MB, 2216x1126) Image search: [Google]
EDH.png
3 MB, 2216x1126
We've gone this far without posting our Generals? Yes I'm aware that there's only like 2 other guys that do this too but it's still fun Also how does /tg/ play edh? 1v1, two headed giant, emperor, set group of friends, LGS pick up groups?
>>
>>44968701
If gruul could draw more efficiently I'd be keen. Probably would never play any other colour combo. But a friend of mine played a solid Thar deck into one of these tables and said he felt 'outclassed' and 'did nothing all game'

I've also found that playing any strong creatures leads to them just being mind controlled. If that shits gonna happen, would rather it was the weaker shit I'd be playing with Riku.
>>
>>44968855
Mostly Kingdoms recently at my LGS. Free For Alls when we have <6 people or >8
>>
>>44968844
But what about the deck makes it bad though
>>
>>44968855
Hey, if you wouldn't mind me asking, what's your daxos deck look like? I'm in the process of converting a Pianna deck to Daxos. Right now it mostly uses tokens and equipment and I was thinking of using blue to help my draws.
>>
>>44969050
Just not enough synergy or generally strong cards. You're at the point where you think Ainok Bond-Kin + Mer-Elk Nightblade is a good combo, when the rest of the table will just ignore it, wrath or boardwipe. If you want to be hard to attack into, there are much, much better cards.

You're running overcosted crap like Armament Corps and Daghatar (pro tip, there has never been a reason to run that card over Ghave outside Standard).

Manlands jack up the price of the deck slighly while doing nothing (spot removal/wrath and you're now down a land).

It's just generally a really underwhelming pile of goodstuff, and I could have two much better decks or 3-6 !!FUN!! decks for that price
>>
Why would people give shroud to voltron generals? Doesn't shroud make it so that equipment or enchantments can't be attached?
>>
File: 233.jpg (58 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
233.jpg
58 KB, 312x445
>>44969186
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/daxos-of-meletis-uw/

No problem, it's a pretty standard voltron package i did just recently phase out most of all the tapped lands which is nice also i went for a nice trinket mage package for max value since silver-inlaid dagger is op and won't draw as much hate as Swords of Money and Hate. The deck first started out as a Hanna artifact/enchantment shenanigans deck but when i took apart my Thrun voltron i decided to make the Dax man
>>
>>44969305
Yes, but it doesn't make existing ones fall off.
>>
>>44969320
Now THAT's what I call Value
>>
>>44968855
1v1 because I only have one friend.
Damned myriad creatures from the precons are worthless to us, but I have yet to pull anything decent from a booster yet. Might break down and order some singles.
>>
What would be a rough ranking of the power of the Commander-Specific Legends/ PW commanders? (Including Conspiracy)
>>
>>44969369
Boosters always have lower EV than singles, that goes double if you know what you're looking for.
>>
>>44968287
Fortunately yes.
>>
>>44969369
I'll be your friend.

"wea5er" on cockatrice
>>
Looking for feedback on three of my decks. All of them I'm looking to keep around the $100 mark.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/90-budget-mazirek/

Mazirek Sac, wincon is commander damage

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/giantess-fetish/

Kalemne Voltron. Pondering whether it's worth cutting 2 things for Gift of Immortality and Angelic Gift, but I kind of like having 0 enchantments. Also really unsure of what to cut.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-enchantress-2/

18 cards over, want to see whether an unusual archetype with a popular commander is viable.

Thanks in advance /tg/
>>
>>44969320
My bad I haven't updated that list I took out the Vanish into Memory for an Austere Command and I'm in the middle of working an All is Dust into the deck and debating whether it's worth it to put a Riptide Laboratory into the deck since my only real targets are Trinket Mage and Snapcaster
>>
File: Da Squad.jpg (329 KB, 1490x1018) Image search: [Google]
Da Squad.jpg
329 KB, 1490x1018
>>44968855
Mainly pick up groups at my LGS. During the week, I play over a buddy's house. If we don't have enough players, we sometimes play 1 vs 1. Generally, I don't mind 1 vs 1, unless it's versus Deveri. Mind posting Hatebears?
>>
>>44969809
My Selvala is still a work in progress i recently took out Imposing Sovereign, Elesh Norn, and Orb of Dreams for Karametra, Emeria Shepherd, and Jester's Cap. Karametra just seemed fun and synergizes well well with the Shepherd which gives me a good ability to bounce back after a boardwipe while ramping while hating. I took Elesh Norn out because i'm trying to cut down on juicy Bribery targets, (avacyn is next on the chopping block) in my deck plus it sucked ass getting my Norn act of aggression'd or Yasova'd and wiping my board. Jester's Cap is a total meta choice so i can remove massacre wurms which literally blow me the fuck out
>>
>>44970149
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selvala-explorer-returned-gw-1/

I'm a dummy. Also if i could get any suggestions I'd like to stick either a Kismet or an Orb of Dreams into the deck...possibly both
>>
Can enter the infinite be turned into a silly win by scattershot, shunt, or swerve?
>>
>>44970384
Lab Maniac
Sphinx's Tutelage
Psychosis Crawler
Niv Mizzet, The Firemind
Sickening Dreams

Come on man are you even trying
>>
>>44965960
with ghave he doesnt really seem to be helping out much with the overall strategy, it seems like the deck is a less refined version of >>44964936 deck, if anything not trying to bully you but i would say change the leader and make a stronger theme to the deck.

The strategy right now seems to be spread between +1/+1 counters and tokens with a splash of death effects. Which can work well but it would work alittle better if we refined it alittle. i would recommend checking out karador ghost chieftain (or teneb if your going budget) because the card knows exactly what it wants to do and thats grave effects. which i feel could work better for you as a general for the deck.

check out edhrec for resources, yea its netdecking unfortunately but atleast you can see what cards to put in and what cards to take out. and once you have decided that you can refine it and change it to make it more like your idea instead of some douchecock online.
>>
does it make sense to run the Urzalands in EDH? I wanna run Mindslaver in my Hanna list, which got me thinking about mono-U Tron, but I imagine they'd too fragile with only copy of each
>>
>>44970538
not really viable in edh, it'd be easier to run 3 utility lands rather than those three. not very likely you will have all 3 on the field at the same time.
>>
I just realized that I've been using volcanic offering wrong and relying on it to decimate my single opponent. Turns out if you only have one opponent they can just target the same thing you blew up. So it's a two-for-one instead of a four-for-one.
>>44969567
No internet except on my phone, but thanks. I bet playing with /tg/ is a blast.
>>
>>44970538
There's stuff like Expedition Map and they're not much rarer than any other 1-of land. I often run them if I have a lot of generic costs to cover and a bit of non-basic landfetch.
>>
Anybody know of a way to make cards that would be exiled shuffle back, especially with a "May" clause? I'm slowly building Narset Superfriends (planeswalker count is only at 8 so it's still more spellslinger) and I have a handful of spells that are a tad situational. Also don't want to kill one of my Planeswalkers by bringing in a doppleganger too often.
>>
>>44970966
post deck list?
>>
>>44970465
How do I refine it then? The deck focuses on sacrificing creatures and placing +1/+1 counters. If you think Ghave itself is weak, I guess I could use Anafenza instead. Karador is a somewhat weak recursion, the way I see it, and Teneb has to attack and deal combat damage, which is never going to happen against smart opponents.
>>
>>44971048
Still a heavy work in progress, and there's some cards I still don't have. Once I have a full list I'll post it up. Basically I just want to play Planeswalker happy fun times and draw spells, and blow everything else up over and over and over.
>>
File: 215[1].jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
215[1].jpg
70 KB, 312x445
>>44970966
The only way I can think of for you to interact with exile in your colors are pic related and Pull from Eternity.

You might be able to set up some sort of convoluted loop with mindslaver and a processor eldrazi copy you donated to somebody though.
>>
How do I doomsday?
>>
File: edhdecks_011916.jpg (878 KB, 2264x756) Image search: [Google]
edhdecks_011916.jpg
878 KB, 2264x756
>>44968855
>Also how does /tg/ play edh? 1v1, two headed giant, emperor, set group of friends, LGS pick up groups?

1v1 and FFA, with friends only. I played with random people at an LGS, but those games weren't particularly fun for anyone there. We did a Planechase + Archenemy EDH game with six players, and a 2HG game with 4 teams. Those were terribly slow games.

I don't mind adding Archenemy cards, though.
>>
>>44971431
Play in Grenzo, Tasigur, or Dralnu.
Pile goes gitaxian probe > mental note > laboratory maniac > anything > unearth. Win with BBBUB
>>
>>44971097
i like ghave for flavor, but my personal opinion he inst that great of a leader, I've seen some pretty brutal Karador decks thats the only reason why I suggested him.

As for refining, if you still plan on going the sac +1/+1, you could cut: avenger, glory, juniper order ranger, loxodon, thopter assembly, blade of the bloodchief is nice but you could probably cut it, darksteel plate, general's kabuto, (depending on if this deck is for 1v1 or multiplayer glare of the subdual)dust to dust, painful truths (there are better draw cards) storm herd would be GREAT but i didnt see any lifelink in the deck to really get a better benefit off it (yea 20 1/1's are great but 60+ is even better is what im getting at) and suns champion is good but honestly could easily be cut from the deck.
>>
File: Timesifter.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Timesifter.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
Has anyone played with Timesifter? I'll be throwing it into Norin chaos if it's worth it.
>>
>>44971580
>Ghave
>Not powerful
I mean, yeah, if the most brutal Karador deck is your baseline...
>>
File: 107.jpg (62 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
62 KB, 312x445
I want to build her, guys, but all EDHrec gives me is ninja shit. I don't care about that third ability, I care about her second ability. I'm envisioning an army of artifact creatures, devoid Eldrazi, morphs, and guys with strong "whenever deals combat damage to a player" triggers. Plus the odd win with a kicked Rite of Replication.
How do?
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
I kinda want to get a Drana and use her as a Voltron commander. She's got spot removal built into her that pumps her, and she can even pump herself off of herself. That's hot.
>>
File: 1449719071815.jpg (114 KB, 300x900) Image search: [Google]
1449719071815.jpg
114 KB, 300x900
>>44969639
Ancient Amphitheater, Sacred Foundry, and Clifftop Retreat should just be in the deck. Take out some Mountains or Plains for it. 33 lands seems low for a deck that wants to drop large creatures. Maybe you should go to 36 lands. Steelshaper's Gift, Aurelia's Fury, Chandra's Ignition, and Tragic Arrogance seems good for you. I absolutely hate Jokulhaups in your deck. If you want land destruction, run Boom // Bust or Cataclysm. Boil seems like a very meta pick. Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Aurelia, the Warleader are pretty cheap now, maybe try and fit them in. Kusari-Gama can be a pseudo-boardwipe, Mask of Memory and Rogues Gloves seems good with double strike, and Argentum Armor is just silly.

>mfw you finally added Sentinel of the Eternal Watch
>>
File: hatred.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
hatred.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
>>44971753
>>
All the tough love given on these threads appears to have worked. glad to see you guys act nice for the most part.
>>
>>44970208
Do you really need Words of Worship or Nullmage Shepherd? Isn't Hero of Blade just better than Geist-honored Monk? CoCo doesn't seem like it's pulling its worth it your deck. How often do you actually cast Storm Herd?
>>
File: 1400806605130.jpg (86 KB, 628x555) Image search: [Google]
1400806605130.jpg
86 KB, 628x555
>>44971989
You tryin' to start a fight, mate?

I'll smack yo' face, faggot.
>>
>>44971431
Play a lot of cantrips and counterspells, and laboratory maniac.

I like Jeleva Grixis Storm, and I've been tinkering with a Circu list too.

This guy also has solid recommendations. >>44971566
>>
>>44972333
I'll take some shit anime image crap every now and then over the real autistic stuff that shows up here any day.
>>
>>44971989
Sheldon is ruining the format.

Deadeye Dies to Removal

If the guy casts tainted pact, he should get the packs.

I genuinely believe all three of these statements are true. Fight me.
>>
File: inverteroftruth.jpg (37 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
inverteroftruth.jpg
37 KB, 265x370
Is there any other way to break this guy apart from some U/B Lab Maniac stuff?

He's so gimmicky and I want him to fuck me up to win my shit.
>>
>>44972396
That's fine believe whatever, as long as you don't act/show autism because of it. Opinions are just that. Why would anyone fight you or you fight anyone over peaces of paper?
>>
>>44972490
If you sculpt your graveyard, you can set up infinite loops.
>>
>>44971875
>Jokulhaups
A matter of taste.
>Boil
Has only ever been a dead card in 1v1s, my meta has a lot of blue bullshit. Can also be cast off of Sunforger.
>Aurelia,Gisela
Not giantesses
>33 Lands
Has worked fine so far, even with the death of partial paris
>shockland
Money.
>Ancient Ampitheater
Too few Creatures IMO.
>Noncreature spells
Considering what to cut.

Thanks anon. Any feedback for the other decks?
>>
>>44972490
A way to give spells to people while they are still on the cast could be funny with this.

>"I cast Inverter of Truth. While it's still on the stack, I cast [X] in response to give you control over it."
>RIP opponent's library

Also, do things that randomly reshuffle permanents between players activate ETB effects?
>>
>>44972090
Words is goat when paired with Well of Lost Dreams, also it's a bit of a meta choice since we have a guy who plays group slug mogis, a group slug rakdos, and a nekusar player. Nullmage has been great for me as reusable removal that doesn't require haste and at worse gets targeted instead of other things. I'd totally run Hero over Monk but i don't have one. CoCo was a bit of a random toss in i decided to try it out
>>
File: 153488.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
153488.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
Thinking about running this guy in a Mazirek deck, though I'm not sure how it would resolve. If I sac him (say, with Jarad for damage) and pay the regeneration cost, does he come back minus one -1/-1 plus +1/1 or does he not get the +1/+1?
>>
>>44972768
That wouldn't work, because you still control the trigger even if you give the creature you an opponent. You'd have to make an opponent gain control of a triggered ability you control, and outside of Mindslaver effects there isn't any way to do that.
>>
>>44972847
"Sacrificing a permanent doesn't destroy it, so regeneration or other effects that replace destruction can't affect this action."
>>
>>44972768
>do things that randomly reshuffle permanents between players activate ETB effects?
I'm assuming you mean things that switch control of permanents, and that is no, the permanents stay on the battlefield, the only thing that changes is who controls them.
>>
>>44972847
You can't regenerate a permanent that's sacrificed.

Think of it this way. Regeneration Replaces Destruction. Sacrifice skips destruction and just sends it to the graveyard instead. There's nothing for regeneration to replace.

Same thing with 0 toughness events. If a creature has 0 toughness, it's sent straight to the graveyard, and nothing the players can do will stop that (short of things like Rest in Peace)
>>
>>44973061
>Regeneration Replaces Destruction
Does this mean that regeneration is a nonbo with Meren as well since it doesn't "die"?

Regeneration is such a fun mechanic that is so confusing it makes banding seem straight-forward.
>>
>>44973146
Regeneration is a replacement effect. The creature doesn't die. "Regenerate like Wolverine, not Jesus" is the metric I learned by.
>>
>>44971580
Plate and Kabuto are there to protect Ghave, since my group never allows the table to cycle without killing him somehow. Plate can go, but Kabuto is way too good at keeping my commander alive.
Avenger is perfect for the deck, Glory's there but frankly I think I should add that 8/8 G Behemoth, it's a way better win condition if I have a few tokens.
I think I have Sign in Blood instead of Painful Truths, I'll try to get one of those good green card draws too. Thanks.
>>
>>44973146
Yes, it is a nonbo. It's not confusing though. If something says 'destroy' then you can use it. If it says 'sacrifice', 'exile' or anything else, then you can't regenerate it.
>>
>>44970538
>>44970636

i would run all three in a colorless deck, they're better than wastes in most situations
>>
>>44971580

>only getting 20 pegasus from storm herd
>implying you wouldn't have a parallel lives or doubling season out by the time you get a storm herd off
>implying you won't have gavony township
>>
File: 1428361816642.jpg (528 KB, 1280x686) Image search: [Google]
1428361816642.jpg
528 KB, 1280x686
>>44973043
Darn, figured that'd be the case. Though I could swear there was one that first exiles everything, then reassigns it between players.
>>
>>44973146
Basically, regeneration replaces the specific event of "destroy".

Cards are only destroyed on two occasions: whenever a card says specifically to destroy something, and as a result of taking lethal damage.

If you regenerate a card, you create a delayed replacement effect, commonly called a regeneration shield. If a card has a regeneration shield, then the next time it would be destroyed, instead you tap it and remove all damage from it, and one regeneration shield.
>>
>>44973061
>>44972936

Yeah, I also just realized I couldn't regenerate him anyways as any other +1 counters on him would cancel the others out. Derp derp. Guess I just liked his art for the flavor.
>>
File: 1286804033929.jpg (74 KB, 479x435) Image search: [Google]
1286804033929.jpg
74 KB, 479x435
>>44972563
>not Giantesses
>Crater Hellion
>Dragon Mage
>Godo, Bandit Warlord
>Hellkite Charger
>Puresteel Paladin

Moment of Silence seems the weakest. Maybe cut Diviner's Wand, Explorer's Scope, and Kitesail. It seems like these are the weakest. Valorous Stance, Abeyance, and Deflecting Palm seems good. Besides the mana base, I think the deck looks fine.
>>
File: my commanders.png (2 MB, 3560x320) Image search: [Google]
my commanders.png
2 MB, 3560x320
post em
>>
>>44972909
If the opponent gained control of the creature spell as the anon said the creature would enter the field under their control and they would get the trigger. See Commandeer for more.

Currently there is nothing that does that though.
>>
>>44973579
There is a spell tht does that. Old border, I think it's red and features in chaos decks.

Old text doesn't necessarily say they enter but errata should.
>>
I I exile my commander for the cost of an ability (for example Balthor the Defiler's own ability) and choose to put him into my command zone instead, does the ability still go off?
>>
File: 949.jpg (388 KB, 1392x834) Image search: [Google]
949.jpg
388 KB, 1392x834
>>44974005
>>
Hey Canada-fags, particularly Ontario ones, have any of you bought bulk sleeves? Looking to pick up 800 or so.
Would really like to pay less than a hundred bucks but hey, our dollar is kinda sucky ATM.
>>
>>44975140
Works just fine, only time it would care is if it was worded like "If Balthor is in exile, then..."
>>
Tell me what y'all think of my captain sisay deck

Legendary creatures are the shit

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selesnya-hunnies/
>>
Why is the random necromancer and not the sexy giantess 3/4?
>>
File: 1418208213129.jpg (101 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1418208213129.jpg
101 KB, 500x501
Finally got around to entering in my Ashling list. It's based on the regular poster here with the "burn control" deck. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/everything-dies-with-ashling/
>>
>>44976102
Do you live in the GTA?
>>
>>44977353
>not Ashling copy effects
Man you don't know what you're missing.
>>
>>44977520

Copy effects? There's plenty of spell copying/duplicating in there. Or are you talking about copying Ashling herself? Which makes no sense because Legendary Rule...
>>
>>44968855
FNM, if it wasn't for that I might not have started actually playing and sat on my Kaalia deck for another five years untouched.
>>
>>44974005
Post Zurgo plz
>>
>>44977431
I live about an hour north of the GTA
>>
Is my LGS retarded for not recognizing the mtgcommander rules as official and would rather view any posts/updates on the WotC page as official instead?

Like, I even pointed out a dozen times why it's official and the store owner said, "That site that the change was posted on is only for that group and will not be deemed as official. The ban list on the WotC page will be the ban list we are using until they make a change." Like fucking really?

Despite what I think, I'm building Sen Triplets with the rule changes. Anyone have a good decklist I can garner ideas from? Also, looking to play around with Bruna. How is she as a Voltron general?
>>
>>44977972
>Is my LGS retarded
Considering Wizard's commander page plainly calls mtgcommander the official site for the format, I'm going to go with "yes"
>>
>>44977972

Bruna is pretty cool, She doesn't have any immediate way of protecting herself from the weakness of auras, but the way her ability works, you can get a critical mass of totem armor and evasion/protection auras that makes the strat work

I recommend the card traumatize, use it on yourself, mill a bunch of auras and other enchantments, play replenish or attack with Bruna

Pretty flashy commander desu

Just make sure you use the azorius colors to protect the Strategy of putting all your eggs in the command zone
>>
>>44978189

Would I build her with more control or more card draw?

I had a draft build somewhere that ran cleansing meditation and enchanted evening.
>>
>>44978450
You're better off milling yourself than trying to draw directly in Bruna. I would go with a control slant so you can protect Bruna before she can get an attack out.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 768x432
Alright, so I am turning Kalemne into a Voltron commander. But I am having trouble actually doing that, because I've never built one. So far I have mostly collected some equipment and some aura, along with Silent Arbiter and Darksteel Forge to keep Arbiter and equipment around. I'm also tossing in Nahiri, partially for Kor tokens as Chump blocks, her ability to bring Equipment back, and the Stoneforged Blade. Leonin Shikari is going in there as well for her extra Equipment utility.

My problem is that I'm not really sure what to do regarding creatures and spells. I've taken out most of the Giants and other big creatures, cause Kalemne is pretty good without caring about the EXP ability. Even then I'm not sure what else I should put in. Do I focus on utility creatures, or blockers to keep me alive until I get going with my Commander?

What about spell? Removal of other creatures, remove possible blockers/attackers? Maybe throw in some "Deal Damage to Everything" spells to get rid of creatures when my opponent goes wide with a bunch of tokens?
>>
Is there a clone card that also clones counters on a creature?

Would be useful for my Sakashima deck against those pesky hydras.
>>
File: rym.jpg (52 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
rym.jpg
52 KB, 375x523
Need help cutting 4 cards for a deck with the pictured custom commander
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/custom-deck-2/
>>
>>44978883
if i missed any good cards that i should put in instead let me know too
>>
>>44977972
Its understandable if they would be a bit paranoid at any other websites that aren't from WotC, but WotC clearly references mtgcommander as being the official website for commander.

Have you tried pointing this out?
>>
File: decks.png (2 MB, 1234x1229) Image search: [Google]
decks.png
2 MB, 1234x1229
>>44968855
Here, since I don't post it often
>>
>>44978450
>>44978512
Friend of mine was interested in trying out Bruna as his first foray into EDH. He actually wasn't too bad with his build, it had a few of those Abduction/Fool's Demise effects.

I wanna tell you both to run Traumatize in that deck so bad, but it's one of those cards I seem to force everywhere of late.
>>
>>44978883
Why don't you add Hunted Troll and Akroan Horse?
>>
>>44979240
Why would i? the ability only triggers on non-token creatures
>>
Newbie here, quick question.
Is Oloro officially banned in 1v1?
I built a deck with him and tapped out says it's legal, but I'm not quite sure
>>
>>44968677
Any durdly UGx players deserve to get fucked in the ass by Pappa Purph while they're still ramping into their ebin Rite of Replication.
>>
Whatever happened to Uril? I distinctly remember a period of at least a year, maybe more, where he was the ultimate boogeyman. Did they just print too much broken shit or what?
>>
>>44979541
You mean in french?

Google the banlist
>>
>>44979666
Same with Sigarda

Voltron isn't actually good.
>>
>>44978990

There's a fun trick with Mishra and Possibility Storm.
>>
>>44980031
And blood funnel and the one card that's like $200 bucks that counters everything unless you pay 3. Yeah, I know about the guy. Just not sold on the deck as a whole yet - no idea at all about where I'm going.
>>
>>44979666
>he was the ultimate boogeyman
In super casual circles maybe, but everywhere else boardwipes are common.
>>
>>44979666
1: Voltron isnt good
2: People whined and moaned about Tuck rule changes because of Uril + Sigarda. Look at the meta game now; is it any different?

Voltron got a sorely needed boost in the arm, as did all of the God General cards. Literally, an army of U/G/X idiots whined about something that never came to pass.
>>
File: 1440817717971.jpg (72 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1440817717971.jpg
72 KB, 900x900
>>44980416
>People whined and moaned about Tuck rule changes because of Uril + Sigarda
>because of Uril + Sigarda

u avin a giggle m8?
>>
>>44979678
Nah, I'm noy playing by french rules cause they seem to ban all fun cards.
Googled it already and didn't get a decent result.
I found a banlist with him on it, but it also had zur on it and lacked the eldrazi gods so i assumed it was bullshit
>>
>>44978693
Someone up the thread (read: me) posted a voltron Kalemne build.

Nahiri isn't as good as you'd expect in voltron decks.
>>
>>44980704
http://www.duelcommander.com/tag/banlist/
>>
>>44980704
This is my decklist btw if anyone carea to check it out.
It's my first deck and moatly good stuffwith a few synergies, but it works pretty well so far, especially the mana base and card draw , haven't been in top deck mode once so far.
It propably could use some better removal with better card quality, I'm pretty effed when facing gigantic indestructible dudes like the eldrazi gods.
>>
>>44980886
m8
>>
>>44978987

I have pointed it out. It's kinda sad desu.
>>
>>44968891
That's why you always bash blue players first, and Ruric-Thar excells at this. Seriously, they are insuffurable. And when they start complaining about being hated out, just tell them their mana symbol looks like their tears.

Btw, green has a good amount of card advantage, even stapled onto large bodies. Think stuff like Regal Force, Soul of the Harvest, Shamanic Revelation, etc.
>>
>>44980886
>>44980944
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-01-16-deal-with-it/
I'm at work and posting from my phone with slow ass internet.
Here it is now
>>
Anyone else building Mina and Denn? Are they just a worse version of Azusa or is there something fun you can do with red in the mix?
>>
>>44980416
People whined about the tuck rules change because of Derevi, which you might remember happens to be UGx. So basically you've got it all wrong and nobody cares about Uril or Sigarda.
>>
Best staples for a low CMC Karador deck? Already got Deathrite, Fauna and SotF.
>>
>>44977353

Burn control guy here.

I like it. Do get an insurrection because it wins games.
>>
Is Narset "competitive" level? Thinking about building a Narset deck and using every card I have to pay for it. I don't play enough mtg anymore to warrant having 6+ decks, so I figured I could just have one really good one. However, I'd rather use a commander that won't get too boring or one that's weak.
>>
>>44983702
Narset is pretty bullcrap. She can be very competitive when she's getting extra turns and planeswalkers for free. Get very used to being targeted first, and targeted early.
>>
File: experiment-kraj.jpg (85 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
experiment-kraj.jpg
85 KB, 480x680
>Just finished buying the more expanisve cards for newzuri
>Kinda find newzuri boring and find this stud

Can I cram fable of wolf and owl in krag? I dont want to just though that card away after just buying it.
>>
i'm making a Urabrask deck and the theme is things that shouldn't have haste getting it can i get some suggestions?
>>
>>44968891
The thing with Ruric is it doesnt matter who controls him his ability still hits everyone. The best they could do is mind control him and then swing him at an opponent and hope they block and kill him. Also, by doing this they took at least 6 to the face and for all their effort shouldve just Rapid Hybridizationed him and taken 6. Thar is a cunt.

Your only serious worry is counterspells honestly but thats why you pack Red Elemental Blast and play him smartly.
>>
>>44983821
Well, it's a decent extra-value card for the later game. It doesn't really do anything that wouldn't alyways be good for you, so if you have a spot to spare just go for it.
>>
So I played a few games last night with a new group (my girlfriends friend, and her group)

Pretty casual going in.
1 deck is a slightly upgraded precon, none of thier decks are pimped.
(Not like that matters, buy they would rather have 10 "meh" decks than 3 money pits)

Anyways, second game playing silly Daretti red deck. Fun stuff like phyxsis, possibility storm, omen machine.

Keep no land hand becuase i never mull past 6 (they play new Mulligan rules, that's cool)

Have 3 lands and the dude plays Iona, naming red, with me being the only red player, on 3 land.
>wut

Whatever, being chill AF i just ride it out. End up getting control of Iona, naming blue (nobody playing blue)

Died eventually. Fun game (besdies Iona)

Next game he gets sorta Mana screwed (5 land) and I have a beatstick lorescale coatl that's left unchecked in an Edric deck and he's pretty salty about me attacking with it.
>wut

Have you guys ever played anyone with such odd sways in what's acceptable?
>>
>>44984645
I think the Iona player was just a whiny faggot who was mad because his super expensive card wasn't there to save his ass.

I used to be like that when I was just starting out because my friend/mtg mentor had all this amazing shit that seemed so broken to me at the time, but over the years I realized he was just having fun and his decade+ collection gave him some advantages I didn't have, which I came around to appreciate and respect, and I took it as a challenge to step up my game and become a better player.

Sounds like this person could stand to do the same and roll with the mana punches.
>>
>>44984897
Which is funny because when he locked me out with Iona, he didn't need saving.

Fucking weird man.
>>
>>44984946
Mtg can bring out the worst in people. Here, I do have a story for you of "what's acceptable" bullshit.

I was playing a casual 1v1 game with a friend once, and it was well into the night, I'm tired, but we're having fun testing out slightly modified Newzuri and Mizzix decks of mine. I'm playing Mizzix, he's playing Ezuri, Claw.

He taps out on his turn for a couple of things, one of them a pilgrim's eye. He gets his land and starts shuffling. Passes the deck for me to cut, passes the turn. As I'm drawing, he says: "Oh, wait, can I take that back?" He reveals the land he got, it's the same one, so sure, yknow what, whatever, he's my friend. He takes it back, it ends up being so he has mana for a Mystic Snake and counters something cool, I forget what, this was almost a month ago.

A couple turns later, he plays Synthetic Destiny, getting out a bunch of fun dudes including Zegana and Dead-Eye Navigator, pairing those two together. Now, as I said, I'm exhausted, his entire boardstate just changed, and I go to burn Zegana with something, and he just gives me a weird look, and blinks her.
>Oh, shit, right, let me reconsider.
>Uh, no, you chose her for a target, you can't take that back.
>What? Dude, I let you take back a turn pass, tutor, and creature play.

Holy shit, it went on for ten minute about why taking back 3 phases was okay, but choosing a target wasn't, and eventually I just told him he was having a hissy fit because he knew if I burned his face instead I could probably win. He got the sourest expression I've ever seen on a motherfucker and I told him, "Y'know what? Fine, I target her anyway if you're gonna be like that. Draw your damn cards."

I don't remember if I ended up winning, but in games with him, we play by tournament timing from now on. He tried doing a takeback at the prerelease last week and I told him, "No. You don't get takebacks anymore."

I'm on the verge of just calling him a cheater and not playing with him again.
>>
>>44970643
This makes me angry with the number of times Ive been hit by Volcanic Offering in a 1v1 scenario. Son of a bitch.
>>
>>44985129
What a cunt.

I'd go back and play whatever the mystic snake countered and tell him that you changed your mind on taking the pilgrims eye back from all those turns ago. If he's going to be a petty bitch about it.
>>
>>44977732
I do not have zurgo on tapped out yet, and I have actually been having trouble with it as I made it a land destruction deck and its not really sitting well with my playgroup and I am trying to rework it.
>>
I changed some stuff on my Ghave. The maybeboard is full of stuff I found in my boxes and that might be useful. My budget is somewhat limited right now, so I can't purchase cards like Earthcraft or Doubling Season.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghave-guru-of-synergy-1/

Why does it say Holdout Settlement is illegal in the deck?
>>
>>44987013
Probably whatever database they use some of the newer cards are mis-entered for legality and such.
>>
>>44981337
>Are they a worse Azusa
I mean, yes and no. Yes in the sense that you will play one less land a turn without another card and they cost one more.

No in that you can bounce and replay lands that generate a lot of mana like Nykthos or Cradle for huge boosts in mana as well as still triggering Landfall.

Overall, theyre probably worse but I think theyll be able to have much more powerful turns than Azusa with the downside of most turns being a lower power.
>>
>>44986421
Oh aight that's cool.
I hate how land destruction is seen as this awful thing, but comboing out before turn four is a-ok.
>>
>>44987149
Same reason why counterspells are viewed as cancer while running 80 different kinds of doom blades is a-ok
>>
>>44987764
Fair point anon. You win this round
>>
>start game with 3 mana, a 3-drop and a few 4-drops
>"This seems alright."
>turn 13
>still at 3 mana

Every single fucking time.
>>
>>44988366
Sounds like you need to put more than 15 lands in your deck, greedy.
>>
>>44988366
Removing the partial paris rule really isn't doing anyone any favors. I know that the RC wants it to be more random, but seriously guys, this shit blows. Just let me mulligan to like 5 lands without having to run 40 of the fuckers.
>>
>>44988391
The issue is that Partial Paris + Scry 1 was way too generous. It let people be INSANELY greedy with their decks (I've read about Derevi Staxx players bitching they'll have to go up from 28 lands now)

They could either come up with a whole new system of mulls that works with the scry, OR keep partial with no scry (making it even more different than "regular" magic), OR keep the scry and get rid of partial.

Also, ~40 lands is a normal benchmark for me. "Normal" decks tend to start with about 24/60 lands as their starting point and adjust from there, and that's a 40/60 split of lands and nonlands. If you think 40 lands is "too many", you were spoiled by partials.
>>
>>44988390
It's a mono-red Chandra planeswalker faceburn deck with 33 lands. That is hella greedy, but usually works out just fine, considering I have plenty of mana rocks in it as well.

The other guy opening with Sol Ring, Mana Crypt and Coldsteel Heart into a Dread really didn't help with at least flipping Chandra either.

>>44988391
It's not even a mulligan problem. The new ruling isn't even half as bad as people make it out to be and the only ones complaining are MW and Derevi faggots that can't essentially stack their deck as easily anymore.
>>
>>44988366
>>44988390
>>44988444

>tfw had 27 lands in mono red norin deck but had the rocks to justify it
>>
>>44971540
I'd recommend you use new Kozi instead of Ula as the general.
Ula isn't gonna really leave the field once he's out, and even if he does somehow get put in your gy the old Kozi and Ula will eventually bring him back with their gy suffling.
Also, new Kozi will let you keep up a hand since he draws to 7, and he can prevent your opponents from doing shit you don't like with his counter ability.
>>
>>44988542
>tfw never going over 36 lands for anything non-Titania, non-Landfall
>>
>>44988513
Eh, that does suck. I usually start at 40 for my decks and trim down- usually to the 36-38 range, plus ramp.
>>
>>44988569
This desu
>>
>>44988564
To be fair, how often do you think Newzilek's counterspell ability is actually gonna come up in EDH? I mean yeah, it'll be a nonzero number of times where you get to pitch a mana rock to counter a spot removal, but not often.
>>
>>44988444
>partial with no scry
This is what my group has always done, and it's been just fine. We usually run 35-38 lands. However, without partials, it's just not enough for the curves that EDH encourages/requires.

40 lands leads to far too many blank draws at critical times. Not every deck can run endless amounts of card draw, you know.
>>
File: sphinx of the final word.png (100 KB, 200x279) Image search: [Google]
sphinx of the final word.png
100 KB, 200x279
>get one mythic in my fat pack
>it's this shit
Dear Wizards, what the fuck do you think I'm going to want to cast AFTER MY 7-DROP HEXPROOF SPHINX that I really need to protect from counterspells? Why does this card exist? What the fuck does it do? It's a fucking flying beater for 7 mana with no relevant abilities, it doesn't even have casual appeal.
>>
>>44988810
It's pretty much just a stalement breaker for UvsU games.
>>
>>44988797
>However, without partials, it's just not enough for the curves that EDH encourages/requires.
I've been building decks with all kinds of curves and have been doing just fine without partial paris for over a year. You want to build decks with greedy manabases and curves and you don't want to risk any of the inconsistency that comes with it, the mulligan rules should not enable your laziness.
>>
File: edh.png (1 MB, 1020x1404) Image search: [Google]
edh.png
1 MB, 1020x1404
>>44968855

>>44978990
>Rakdos
>Thromok
>Riku
>Shu-Yun

My man. Mishra's cool too, if you end up making him.
>>
>>44988839
And that deserves a mythic slot for all those UvsU stalemates we see in Standard that need breaking?

How hard is it to make a mythic sphinx that at the very least looks fun to play if you can't be assed to make one that is actually good?
>>
>>44988842
>You want to build decks with greedy manabases and curves
38 lands with ramp/rocks is greedy? Wanting to play 7 drops roughly on time is greedy? What the fuck?

I'm not asking for partials in order to combofag (though I have a friend who does want that), I just want to have a reasonable shot at having 4-5 mana in my opening grip. That doesn't sound rough to me.

Also, if we're comparing internet EDH dick sizes, I've been playing EDH since fucking 2007, I know my shit too. The partial rules have been fine basically forever, why change them now?
>>
>>44989005
Oooh, enchantment pillowfort. I have a Bant Enchantress deck, I'd love to compare notes.
>>
>>44989056
If you have enough ramp, rocks and lands, playing your 7-drops on time should be fairly consistent even with partial paris gone. But since you're complaining so hard I'm guessing you're a Maelstrom Wanderer player who's bootyblasted he can no longer play a deck that's nothing but ramp and 7-drops. If you do that, your deck's going to be inconsistent. That doesn't mean the mulligan rule is broken, it literally means you build an inconsistent deck and you're reaping the rewards from that.

>Also if we're comparing internet EDH dick sizes
We're not doing that and nobody cares.
>>
I'm wanting to sell my collection to build a deck. Are there any sites where I can send all my shit in and get store-credit? I'd rather not go through my LGS because I wouldn't be able to give them everything. On top of that, online stores have better selections. Suggestions?
>>
>>44988444
>Keep partial with no scry
But thats exactly what everyone Id ever met did. Who the hell partialed and scryed? When did scrying when you mulligan become a thing anyway?
>>
>>44989134
Also, my group has been using the "Gis Mulligan" that Sheldon 'suggested' and it works out pretty well for actually getting to play the game and not spending an hour shuffling mulls every game: If you don't like your hand, set it aside and draw 7 more. Repeat until you get a keepable hand, then shuffle the others back in

Obviously it's not something you can write into the rules, and it's something that can be abused to fuck, but it's great for a group that you trust not to abuse it.
>>
>>44989327
>Who the hell partialed and scryed?
Literally everyone for the past couple months after "Scry 1 if you mull below your opening hand size" was added to the Comprehensive Rules?

>When did scrying when you mulligan become a thing anyway?
August.
>>
>>44989373
I guess I havent actually played for a few months. Thats fair I guess. It was sounding like this had been a thing forever and I was starting to wonder.
>>
>>44989355
Gis mulligan is an abomination, even the biggest casuals among casuals bow their head in shame when it's brought up.
>>
>>44989373
>Literally everyone
Literally wrong, any group worth a damn either kept the partial paris with no scry or switched completely over to full vancouver mulligan.
>>
>>44989417
Man, I have a Bear Tribal deck. I'm not trying to be remotely serious when I sit down to play EDH, and the Gis mulligan works fine with my group.
>>
>>44989437
>Or switched completely over to the full vancouver
The Vancouver is "If you mulled to below your starting hand, scry 1 after keeping". The fucking RC themselves said that until further notice, the "rules-proper" way to mull in Commander was a partial paris, and then a scry if you ended up at 6 or below.
>>
>>44989355

What's not abusive about that tho? Like where is your line drawn?

How do you determine what is playable and what needs to be reshuffled?

The game is random, your deck isn't always going to start you off with the cards you want, avoiding that is abuse
>>
>>44989465
Vancouver mulligan does not involve a partial paris, only idiots added the scry to the already ridiculously good hand sculpting of partial paris.
>>
>>44989447
>I have a Bear Tribal deck
Sure you do.
>>
>>44989485
>What's not abusive about that?
I only use it with people I trust not to mull until they can combo on turn 3, or have 7 mana worth of rocks on turn 2. It's hard to quantify, which is why I only 'suggest' it with the people I've been EDH-ing with for 5 years, and who I implicity trust to enjoy the game the same way I do. Your results my vary.

>Where is your line drawn?
Hard to quantify. I admit that's a pretty shit answer.

>HOw do you determine what is playable?
Basically if I look at that hand and think I won't be able to actually PLAY that game (like 4 7 drops, 2 lands, and a 3 drop), I'll ship it. The 'metric' suggested was "3 lands is a keeper", but eh.
>>
>>44989005
Never saw Tasigur as a reanimator commander.

Hes more like permission control with a commander that comes in for B.
>>
>>44989583
You should apply to join the rules committee.
>>
>>44989671
I fully, 100% understand that the Gis mulligan is way too hard to apply as a broad answer, because it requires too many hard-to-quantify variables. I do not suggest that it should be a catch-all answer; I'm just saying that if you trust the people you play with not to be dickheads, it's an alternative.

But hey, I should've known better than to give you guys something to be asshurt at instead of having an actual discussion! My bad.
>>
Is Ant Queen worth the slot in Newzuri? I'm considering adding one in, but I'm on the fence. Thoughts?
>>
>>44989702
I literally only said you should apply to join the rules committee. What's with the defensive attitude?
>>
>>44989763
Given /edhg/'s overwhelmingly negative opinion of the RC, I assumed "apply to join the rules committee" was an insult.
>>
>>44989005
Thanks senpai, I love them all. Shu Yun never wins, though. Literally push one person's shit in, then get clobbered. What's your list look like?
>>
>>44990177
I think of it as an insult but since you completely share the rules committee's mentality and play exactly in the way they envision EDH being played, I don't understand why you would interpret that as an insult.
>>
>>44990352
>I think you wanting to have mutually-enjoyed fun games with your friends instead of bitching online about how much you hate your own hobby is an insult
Cool story bro
>>
File: rje9xo5d60_en.jpg (54 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
rje9xo5d60_en.jpg
54 KB, 265x370
So, I've been in the process of cutting a lot of the fat off this deck and making it a lot meaner for it's already mean state. I've added in some rocks, cut 4 of the 5 Eldrazi I had, replaced higher cmc stuff with lower cmc stuff, and more things that go infinite with Mike.

I'd just like to get some other anons opinions on this. I've played this deck so long that I can look at about any card in it and say it's useful so I'm kinda biased. Cuts, additions, whatever to make this deck as mean as it can be.
>>
Suggestions or tips?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/power-heart-drops/
>>
>>44990386
Aren't you the one who came here to bitch about the new mulligan rules?
>>
>>44990392
Couldn't afford a link on a 20$ budget?
>>
>>44990392
>>44990467
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mike-with-no-trike/

Now I'm the stupid one, everyone point and laugh.
>>
>>44990439
No, actually, I was the one who was saying that my group does the "mull 7 until you get something playable" and it works fine for us.
>>
>>44990521
Me and my friends just like to sit in a circle and throw out card names that beat the previous guy's card name until we reach a tie and everyone wins. When I see people talking about mulligan rules, or rules of any sort, I like to explain to them how we "play" so maybe they become inclined to do the same as us because it's more fun.
>>
>>44990395
anybody?
I'm looking for cards that i should add, cards i should cut, whatever
i don't know how to finish this deck
>>
>>44985129

Fuck there's this guy in my playgroup who is awful about this

When other people make a mistake, or even consider making a mistake, he's mr rules lawyer

But we always have to rewind if he missed a trigger or forgot about something
>>
>>44990957
What forces you to let him reroll?
>>
>>44990651
You got two Buried Alive.

You seem to be going for a voltron sort of build with this but a lot of your equipment seems kinda meh to be honest. Of what you got I would only really keep Greaves, Boots, Darksteel Plate, Warhammer, and maybe the Hero's Blade cause it equips for free. I'd focus on things that make Alesha either unblockable or indestructible, and maybe a Fireshrieker/Inquisitor's Flail for juicy double damage, so that she consistently lives through board wipes and attacking.

Four mountains also seems real low considering your commander needs R and only R to be cast. I'd cut a couple of the 'when ~ enters gain 1 life' lands for some basic mountains because, if you're going for voltron, you want her out and swinging asap.

Lastly, I would throw in a couple more board wipes and some punishment style effects. Mana Barbs and Price of Glory because with literally all your creatures being small and no combo that I'm seeing you need a way to stay relevant in the late game and keeping everyone else down on your level would be how. Maybe throw in some stax style stuff to keep your opponents and low resources with you, which hurts them more unless they're also playing a weenie style deck.
>>
>>44990977

You misunderstood my phrasing

We don't always let him rewind, I meant "it's as if he thinks" we always have to rewind for him
>>
>>44991056
>You got two Buried Alive.
oh fuck thanks i missed that somehow
>unblockable or indestructible
makes sense
>>44991056
>Mana Barbs and Price of Glory
good god thank you

i'm unfamiliar with most of Stax but i just remembered Hokori
>>
>>44990957
Look, shit happens and sometimes things are forgotten or missed, but if you're gonna rules lawyer/judge for your games, you better have your shit in order and know what you're doing before pointing out other players' mistakes.
>>
So why is Prime Time too unfun for EDH to be allowed but Stasis is a-ok?
>>
>>44991206

When I play with my good homies, we always let people have mistimed triggers if those triggers were public knowledge

the game is more fun for us if people are making optimal plays not losing because of simply forgetting what's on the board because we are all stoned
>>
>>44991175
The infamous Smokestack is the main thing that comes to mind, usually combined with things like Winter Orb and all that shit but not sure how the 'can only untap X things' would work out for you.

Crawlspace is another thing that could be interesting. You can get around it's 'only attack with two creatures' clause by using Alesha's ability because the creatures she brings in are never declared as attackers and thus not effected by that restriction. Whether or not it's worth it is usually a meta decision though. Grafted Exoskeleton and Nim Deathmantle are also solid equipment.

Something else I just thought of is maybe have more on death triggers as the things you bring back with Alesha are likely to be block and killed or have that one creature that let's you equip as an Instant and Puresteel Paladin for immediate protection to what you bring back, assuming you got the equipment.
>>
>>44991284

Well

The thing about prime time is that it makes he guy who lucked out with the explosive hand jump farther and farther ahead

So games with UG can get out of hand real quick, turns taking extremely long because they can do so much, prime time favilitates a lot of bullshit

Stasis requires a more specialized deck to take advantage of

Also, turns tend to go fast because nobody can cast any spells

I don't feel strongly either way about the ban status of those two cards

They both could be banned, or both legal, and I'd have fun with or without them
>>
>>44991284
The logic is that Primetime turned the game into "fighting over prime time". Instead of playing the game you'd been playing 10 seconds ago, it became a game of "Who can steal/clone/reanimate the value engine the most". You don't see everyone fighting over who gets to cast Copy Enchantment on Stasis.
>>
>>44988810
Make a Talrand counterspell deck. Stick this guy and Proteus Staff in it. HAVE FUN!
>>
>>44991442
>>44991445
Guys, guys.

Obviously it was because Primetime kept being accidentally used and causing bad feelings and because no one accidentally uses Stasis for bad feelings, they know what they're doing.
>>
>>44991369
My friends and I have two 'systems' rules-wise. 95% of the time, we're all Kitchen Table Lax, If you whiff a trigger, you'll get it back if it's easy to fix (like ticking your dice up 2 points when you forgot a lifegain trigger, or putting out a token when you realize you forgot the trigger a turn later). We allow everybody one "takeback" for a legal, but stupid play per game, and it's just chill, all for fun.

The other 5% of the time, everyone decides to serious up, and they ask the judge of the group to make sure everything is Comp REL kosher. Warnings, Game Losses, missed trigger policy, everything. It's not often we do it, but we do it to try and 'keep sharp', so to speak.
>>
>>44991607

Both of those are fine

The shitty thing is in between

When the rules aren't being forced Perfectly and completely but rather enforced politically and competitively
>>
>>44991380
i feel like i'm too light on instants and sorceries, and especially board wipes
should i even worry about having the soul sisters there and just add more destruction?
>>
>>44991683
I probably wouldn't worry too much about the sisters, you don't have anything that you're paying life for or large token generators to get a lot of health off of. Seems like a good cut. Also, four instants isn't unheard of. I got a couple decks with that amount or less. Sometimes all you need is a few kill spells/counters.

I was going to suggest things like Mikaeus and the artifact that gives Persist just to get some more mileage out of stuff after boardwipes/extra sac triggers before but if you plan on adding more wraths then they'd likely be good. Skullclamp for the card draw and I personally throw Necropotence and Ivory Tower in every deck I can cause it's fantastic but the BBB can be hard in a tri color deck.

Something to consider if your playgroup isn't vehemently against it would be MLD. You only really need like 4-5 mana to work your deck, which you can supply through what rocks you got already, so that would likely be a great addition on top of the wraths.
>>
>>44991676
Oh, absolutely. Whether you're doing beer-and-pretzels level of give-a-fuck, or hardcore Professional REL, it's fine as long as it's CONSISTENT.
>>
>>44991914
cuts:
>3 soul sisters
>equipment other than shoes, plate, blade, hammer
>refuge lands
added:
>cauldron of souls
>mountains
>puresteel, shikari, treasure hunter, flail, trailblazer's boots, skullclamp
>smokestack, manabarbs, price of glory
>Planar cleansing, Retribution of the Meek
did i miss anything?
>>
>>44992084
>>44991607
We do it a bit differently in my kitchen table group. We allow people to get their missed triggers as long as no relevant decisions have been taken since that could have been changed by the trigger. There's one exception: any player may call serious time to indicate that people need to remember their fucking triggers, respect priority, etc. This is typically done when something big is happening as a way to call people to attention, or just when someone's been missing triggers too often and another player's getting fed up with it.
>>
>>44992203
> We allow people to get their missed triggers as long as no relevant decisions have been taken since that could have been changed by the trigger.

Interesting. Have you considered (for the sake of triggers alone) adopting the IPG's official Missed Trigger policy?
>>
>>44992203
And to be clear, serious time means no take-backs of any kind. If you moved to your draw phase, it's too late to remember your upkeep trigger. If you want to move to combat, you actually have to call out "move to combat", and if everyone says fine, it's too late for someone to suddenly remember "Wait I had effects before combat", etc.
>>
>>44992288
And what is that exactly? Can't say I've heard of it.
>>
>>44967219
It might just be me but I like to have at least two ways to get different color mana in reasonable quantities. I would probably run a mycosynth lattice so that you also have some fun things you can do phyrexian metamorph. Paradox haze is also a fun spell for making the sen triplets better as is telepathy so that you can make better choices on who to target with the triplets. I also think you could cut a few lands since with the triplets you can play lands from your opponent's hands.
>>
>>44992331
Basically, a trigger is considered "remembered" until you demonstrate otherwise. The cutoff for that is 'the first time it would matter'

Example: something that needs attention right away (like a trigger with a target), that's got to be pointed out RIGHT THEN. If you take any other actions, you missed it.

Triggers that do something 'visible' when they resolve (gaining life, making a token- anything that's a VISIBLE change), you can cast instants and activate abilities, but if you take an action you couldn't take with the ability onthe stack (casting a sorcery, playing a land), you missed it.

Then the last category is invisible changes- things like Pyreheart Wolf giving your guys menace, or Exalted giving a boost. The cutoff there is the first time it would really come up- like if they block your 2/2 Exalted with a 3/3 and you don't tell them their guy dies, you missed your trigger.
>>
>>44992202
Sounds pretty good. You could potentially consider Austere Command instead of Planar Cleansing as it should be a pretty one sided wipe like Retribution but sometimes you just need a full on wipe.

Hopefully it works out for you man, playtest that shit and smash face.
>>
>>44992462
i chose not to put Austere in because of its price, then i looked and saw the deck was $300 anyway
>>
>>44992553
Ya, it gets to that point pretty quickly. Just imagine if you went full voltron with the Swords and Batterskull and everything.
>>
>>44992553
>an 8 dollar card is too expensive
>>
>>44992718
Hey man, not that anon, but even though I got multiple $30 or $40+ cards in my decks seeing a $8-10 price tag on a card makes me think twice. Just because I'm willing to spend the money doesn't mean I have the opportunity to all the time. Some of us are wageslaves who have to consider that if we buy pricey cards that we're eating shitty food for a few days so sometimes it's hard to justify spending that money on a card when it could buy us a decent meal instead.
>>
>>44992826
I don't mean to be "that guy", but if buying an 8 dollar card means that you're eating ramen for multiple days to make up for it, maybe you need to be focusing less on an expensive hobby and more on a second job. I don't have a 'ton' of expendable income, but I can't remember a time where buying 8 fucking dollars worth of cards meant I wasn't going to eat that day.
>>
>>44992868
It's not that the single $8 card does it, usually when I buy cards it's in groups of 10 or more and when more than half of them are $5-8+ I'm looking at spending about a quarter of a paycheck or more. What happens when you make just above minimum wage.

That said, you're not wrong about a second job. Would be better to just get an actual full time job though instead of all the 'part' time bull.
>>
>>44992868
Well, some people just like to act like stingy poorfags even if they aren't me too just to save wherever possible.
>>
File: EDH.png (899 KB, 1703x462) Image search: [Google]
EDH.png
899 KB, 1703x462
>>44968855
Pretty much finished with Ghost Dad, though I could probably use more board wipes.
>>
>>44964689
>after months of resisting I finally caved and bought mana crypt
I'm finally free.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.