[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Young Monster Quest: #1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: demon banish.jpg (947 KB, 900x1141) Image search: [Google]
demon banish.jpg
947 KB, 900x1141
You scramble through the underbrush; breath is quickly drawn through your maw in need and fear. Shadows are cast through the trees from the torches behind held by the mass of men tearing after you. Not your fault that one mother and newborn were delicious, or that they left the window open. Nevermind that though, as things of larger important at stake ... like your life.

You jump over a fallen tree, and crawl under the upturned roots; beginning to tear through the soil with your claws you try your best to dig your self deeper down and conceal yourself. You hold your body as still as possible to not make any noise as the thundering boots of men pound on by you. Against your better judgement you slip into sleep; your eyelids sealing together and delivering you to the dark abyssal void.

Dreams...

Dreams of tearing, screaming, and tears.

Who... who's tears are these...

>"Don't disappoint me young one."

Your skin goes slick with a cold sweat as the primordial voice speaks to you. Raising your eyes to meet the origin of the voice, a great, shadowed figure meets your eyes.

Glowing eyes and gleaming teeth pear at you, and you try your best to speak...question...beg whatever this is. However the air building in your lungs is caught as you are jerked to wakefulness.
>>
File: 1436634943292.jpg (112 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1436634943292.jpg
112 KB, 768x576
When you awake bird calls, and sunshine greet your ears and eyes. The piercing ray of light stings your eyes, but is not completely unbearable yet as dusk has yet to end. You think on what to do ne-What was that?
Crunch...Crunch
Ah, footsteps. A bit on the small side, whoever strides these are they are not very large.

A whistling tune comes through the forest... followed by a child's voice. A young boy singing.
You peek your head out of your refugee and spy the young boy walking by with boy strung across his shoulder, out early to hunt.
>What do?
>Reveal yourself (aggressive, or passive)
>Wait
>Observe more
>Other?
>>
>>44942230
>Reveal yourself
>Ask his name and where he comes from.
>>
>>44942265
Aight, Vote called for... one.

Writing
>>
>>44942230
>Observe more
>>
File: boy.jpg (9 KB, 339x149) Image search: [Google]
boy.jpg
9 KB, 339x149
Hauling yourself out of the hastily dug shelter you arise with a great amount of noise, shaking the dirt off your form. The boy quickly rears around; startled from your sudden appearance. He stumbles a bit before saying to you "Sir, are you alright?... you seem to be bleeding"

That isn't your blood, but blood is not the purpose of this, you require information.
"Say boy...now boy ain't a proper name for a young gent, what's your name youngen?"
"M-my Pa says I'm not to be speaking to no strangers sir, but my name is Daniel if you must be knowing sir." He answers stuttering slightly.
"Ah, Daniel. Now I don't suppose you can tell me where I be now?"
"We is about 10 miles out of McRae sir, Georgia sir. Are you a bit potted?"

>What do?
>Attack (where, roll d20)
>Wait
>Continue talking (about what.)
>Other?
>>
>>44942671
>Thank the lad and continue on our way to McRae
>>
>>44942708
I generally like to wait for at least more than one anon. To keep people>>44942460 from being cut out
>>
>>44942671
>Continue talking (about what.)
And what are you doing this far from town?

What do we look like?
>>
>>44942860
>>44942708
I'm all for appeasement so I'll combine these.

>>44942860
Also, what you look like will become a mechanic. Just be patient.
>>
>>44942671
>ask him to take us to McRae
>>
Hmm... McRae, Georgia... that the middle of no-where!

"Say Daniel, what are you doing this far out in the woods?" You ask, dark gears turning in your head.

"My pa and I was hunting sir, the deer we hit took off and we split to follow the blood trail. If I find it I'll blow on this here whistle and my pa will head back the Old T, same if I hear a whistle sir."

Ah so the boy is not alone, shame. You could of had an easy meal if that was the case. Well best make your way to the nearest civilization.
"Can you lead me back to McRae Daniel?"

"Nah, I got to help my pa put food on the table. If you follow the dirt road and the edge of the forest on the ridge you'll make it to McRae."
Damn... Looks like you will be walking...
>What do?
>Continue out of the forest along the road to McRae (d100)
>Stay (warning it gets cold at night...among other things)
>Other?
>>
Go back and kill the kid
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>44943338
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>44943338
clean that blood off of us as well.
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>44943338
>Continue out of the forest along the road to McRae
>>
>>44943407
>>44943435
>>44943465
Roll of 31 to begin on road. Writing.
>>
File: bolo.jpg (3 KB, 178x90) Image search: [Google]
bolo.jpg
3 KB, 178x90
You set your shoulder and follow the direction the young boy gave you. Marching up the hill you see the road begin and continue on into the horizon.

"Fucking kid." You swear, as you begin to walk along the dirt road, kicking up dust along the way. The sun high in the sky burns at your eyes and you do your best to keep your eyes sealed, but you feel a headache already building.

"1998 step...1999 steps... 2000 steps." With nothing much to do you started counting steps, and while it may not be an exact count... I does keep you from noticing the fire in your feet... Fuck.

When the sun at last dips low in the sky and its rays slink below the horizon you settle down and take a good look at everything you have on your... and you're in a rough shape.

>Inventory:
> Working Clothes (Sweater, Britches, Shoes) (Bloodstained)
>Wool Coat (Bloodstained)
>Bolo Knife (Slight Rust)
>10 Matches
>Tucker Bag (makes food last) (empty

>What do?
>Choose 2
>Make Camp (Fire, Craft, Hunt, etc) (d100)
>Sleep
>Other?
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>44943811
>>Make Camp (Fire, Craft, Hunt, etc) (d100)
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>44943811
>Make Camp (Fire, Craft, Hunt, etc) (d100)
>>
Damn. I thought Raz was back for a second.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=young+monster+quest
>>
>>44943837
>>44943851
Perhaps I should expand. I mean choose 2 of the
Hunt, Craft, or whatnot.

>>44943868
Sorry about leading you on. http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=Early+Monster+Quest

This was my first attempt at running this. Don't look if you don't want spoilers.
>>
>>44943904
Ah, Fire and hunt then.
>>
>>44943811
Find a river/stream/pond to set up camp near
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>44943811
Hunt and Fire
>>
>>44944030
>>44944013
>>44943953
Writing with roll of 75
>>
File: coon.jpg (647 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
coon.jpg
647 KB, 1280x1080
You search around for a good spot to break camp and wander until you find a babbling stream with water lazily streaming through. You begin gathering wood for a simple cooking fire and spend about an hour doing so. With the cost of 1 match you soon have a greedy, swallowing fire before you eating every bit of wood you bring it. While you may of have lost it a few times, you manage to get to a level you could walk away from and not worry about it dying.

Speaking of dying, your stomach roars at the idea of grub and with a good fire to cook on you would be doing yourself a disservice to not find some good grub and soon.

You move downstream a bit till you come across a strange form along the banks of the river. You jump with the shock of having the little beastie hiss at you. A raccoon eh?

Wasting no time you quickly take your knife and send it swing down upon the overgrown rat's neck. The head now separated from the body of the raccoon rolls for a bit before stopping. Picking up your quarry you head back to the fire and settle down to eat.
>Inventory:
> Working Clothes (Sweater, Britches, Shoes) (Bloodstained)
>Wool Coat (Bloodstained)
>Bolo Knife (Slight Rust)
>10 Matches
>Tucker Bag (makes food last) (1 meat [cooked], 1 hide [raw])

>Status:
>Warm
>Full
>Corruption 1/5
>What do?
>Choose 1
> Craft (d100)
>Hunt (d100)
>Sleep
>Other?
>>
>>44944391
>clean our clothes in the stream
>>
>>44944479
Second
>>
>>44944479
>>44944492
Writing, got to piss.
>>
File: 1881.Scorched Earth.jpg-610x0.jpg (34 KB, 610x291) Image search: [Google]
1881.Scorched Earth.jpg-610x0.jpg
34 KB, 610x291
Desperate to get one more thing done before sleep takes you, you strip down to your birthday suit and proceed to do your best to wash the blood of that mother and her child out of your clothes, successfully you might add.

Putting on your clothes you lay close by the fire and drift to sleep, letting the heat warm and dry you.

Blink

Blink

Your eyes slip shut one more time before sleep takes you into its grasp. You once again find yourself in the plateau you were on the last time you dreamed of ... it.

>"Hello again Child."
>What do?
>Who are you?
>Where am I?
>Other?
>>
>>44945200
>"Hello again Child."
>>
>>44945200
>"Hello again Child."
>>
Desperate to get one more thing done before sleep takes you, you strip down to your birthday suit and proceed to do your best to wash the blood of that mother and her child out of your clothes, successfully you might add.

Putting on your clothes you lay close by the fire and drift to sleep, letting the heat warm and dry you.

Blink

Blink

Your eyes slip shut one more time before sleep takes you into its grasp. You once again find yourself in the plateau you were on the last time you dreamed of ... it.

"Hello again Child."

>What do?
>Who are you?
>Where am I?
>Other?

>>44945236
>>44945246
Technical error there, my bad.
>>
>>44945270
>Who are you?
>Where am I?
>>
>>44945270
>Who are you?
>>
>>44945270
>>Where am I?
>>
>>44945293
>>44945357
>>44945359
Just realized I made them all too similar. Writing.
>>
File: fadah.jpg (256 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
fadah.jpg
256 KB, 480x720
"Where am I? What is this place?" You ask, still jarred by the absolute madness of your surroundings. In the corner of your vision you see a 600 sided sphere, a sun that does not set but merely stays in the horizon, held by the screaming giant whose flesh chars as it touches the star.

"It would be overly simplistic to say your mind, or hell, or let even say the Nether. The best name would be The Crossroads." The creature says with glee, towering above you.

"The Crossroads?"

"Why yes, the place of intersection, of the diffusion of soul, people, and other abyssal monstrosities from the seventh dimension. Don't know why they can't civilized like the rest of us."

"...What?"

"It appears I may be going too fast for that mortal brain of yours." It cocks his head to the side. "You are here due the simple fact of me bringing you here, to fix a great problem that I have with this world."

"Who are you even in the first place?!?"

"You, my little poppet, can call me Father for now. Who knows... time will tell what fate has in store for you." A tendril of shadows comes and forms a grasp of steel around you and lifts you high into the air, and deposits you upon the shoulder of the creature or... as it... he wants you to call him "Father"
"The purpose I have for you my child, is one of a dark nature. Many centuries have come to pass, and man has forgotten his fear... that creeping bristling feeling on the back of your neck of the boogeyman in the dark. The closest thing to a monster man has seen in these years would be that Albert Fish fellow. My child I want you to bring terror back to the world."

>What do?
>What do I need to do?
>What are you/me?
>Who else lives here?
>Other?
>>
>>44945908
>What do I need to do?
>What are you/me?
>>
>>44945908
>What are you/me?
>>
>>44946001
>>44946085
Votes called. Writing
>>
File: 1433721974187.jpg (184 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
1433721974187.jpg
184 KB, 1023x682
"Hold on ... this is all moving all too fast. What are you even?" You ask head in hands, headache running through your skull like a happy puppy.

"Well my Child, I am but a Minister. A creature twisted by the corruption accumulated in my mortal life. A lost soul much like yourself, although the last time I walked the earth was when Pheidippides collapsed dead in Athens. Also the amount of corruption I carry would be much... much greater than your corruption."

"Corruption?" You ask quizzically.

"Why yes Child. The weight upon your soul, every evil deed of violence, sin, or want will compound upon you; until your body crumples under the weight, but don't worry. You'll end up here, your body shall... adapt to handle the load of corruption. Then you shall return back to perform my deed. All thanks to me of course. " Father say, anticipation showing through his burning eyes.

"What is this 'deed' you want me to perform?"

"Well for now it is simple, gather enough corruption for your first Change, but don't be noticed soon enough to get killed. Don't worry, I'll be along for the ride... think of me as the devil on your shoulder. Now wake up Child."

You jump awake, gasping with fright wondering if that dream was real.

You spy the sun peaking over the horizon.

>Status:
>Well Rested
>Full ( 2 turns)
>Corruption 1/5

>What do?
>Continue walking on the road (d20)
>Try hitchhiking (d100)
>Other?
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>44946743
>>Continue walking on the road (d20)
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>44946743
>Continue walking on the road (d20)
>>
>>44946870
Well boy
>>
On the road again you set out for McRae and intend to make it there before nightfall. So, with a heavy heart you begin.

"One...two...three..."

At about midday you arrive at McRae, the town is in full hustle and bustle... Not really. The small town of McRae is at peace this Sunday morning, the sign at the entrance of the town reads

"McRae - Love of the Land- Pop. 1,595"

The small hamlet is quiet, with most of the occupants in their various churches or homes. The main road branches 3 ways.

>What do
>Residential District (Homes, School, Churches)
>Governmental District (Court House, Police Station, Fire Station, Recruiter)
>Commercial District (Shops, Alleys, Bank)
>Industrial District (Foundry, Factory, Jail)
>Other?

>Status:
>Well Rested
>Full (1 turns)
>Corruption 1/5
>>
I should have 12 posters at least, dah hell?
>>
>>44947285
>Commercial District (Shops, Alleys, Bank)
>>
>>44947491
Sorry mate. Need sleep for tomorrow. Will start again Sunday @ 6 PM EST
>>
>slums
>>
>>44947916
:(
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.