[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Characters you were excited about, but never got to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 37
File: 1453311866234.jpg (88 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
1453311866234.jpg
88 KB, 736x736
Girl who was a sorcerer from birth, but had no idea how to control her powers, so her parents sent her to live with monks where she learned control through meditation and form. She would go on a journey to inform others that they needn't be puppets to the cosmos, and could find peace through enlightenment.

Then the Ranger went radio silent and we had to cancel the whole game
>>
A narcissistic paladin who worshipped himself and was otherwise a general cunt to be around. He could 1v1 the fuck out of anyone but was otherwise pretty useless, and I wanted the party to let him be cannon fodder until he got his ass kicked enough to shape up and have some character development. We never got enough players for it to work, though. It's kind of hard running a 2 player game when one player doesn't believe in teamwork.
>>
File: The protagonist we DESERVED.png (895 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
The protagonist we DESERVED.png
895 KB, 640x720
>>44932543
Bastard (literally) Rogue (or possibly Bard) who was born to a family of nobles and basically treated like trash on account of being a bastard, so he left. While he was there though, he picked up a few things about how to APPEAR high class and talk people into doing things they normally wouldn't. Would basically be the con-man/charisma whore of the group.

Too bad the "charisma" role in my games is always taken by other players wanting to be paladins or sorcerers with mind-control magic.
>>
>>44932878
Ironic, I'm one of those players who's wanted to play a Jedi-Mind-Trick charisma-sorcerer for a long time now... but I never do because I feel like the rest of my group would get pissed off at me if I did.
>>
The least mutantated hick mutant of a whole hidden town of hick mutants, sent to superhero school with the money the town won from the chemical company that had set a factory right up river so that he, at least, might become a force for good in the world.

Basically Kenneth from 30 Rock if he had a singly large sensory nerve growing out of his head instead of hair and took the whole "having a skeleton" thing as more of a suggestion than a hard and fast rule.
>>
>>44932543
Boring.

>>44932802
Sounds like an asshole.

>>44932878
Derivative.

>>44933944
Snowflake, but the only interesting one so far, and that's not saying much.
>>
Sort of dark folklore fantasy, my character was an evil Empress from evil NotJapan who during an envoy to NotEurope had something of an epiphany when meeting a living saint, so gave up her position and switched places with a priestess in the envoy in order to remain as an adherent to the saint and embrace a life of asceticism and physical prowess to attain enlightenment. So the NotEuropean saint had among his retainers a lone NotAsian wuxia woman from the far east dressed in the manner of an eastern shrine maiden.

Only played like two games with her and it was pretty awesome. Still disappointed things never continued since by the start of the game the saint had since gone missing on a pilgrimage some years prior, and my character was his last remaining retainer on a quest to find him after others had failed or gone astray.
>>
>>44934089
Ok
>>
>>44934089
>Snowflake, but the only interesting one so far, and that's not saying much.
Sounds obviously for a supersgame, in which everybody is snowflake or you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>44934089
>I came here to criticize everyone else while contributing nothing of my own.
>>
>>44932543
I always wanted to play an older Paladin/Wizard cross class. Had been your standard 'smite the wicked' holy warrior in his youth, but got in over his head against some nasty magic and learned some serious humility. Over the years of fighting he's never lost faith in the work, but has lost most of his faith in the Heavens, having seen many die where a single act of divine intervention might have saved them.

Basically, Mother Theresa by the end of her life. Except as a once-mighty warrior keeping himself going with magical aid.
>>
Imperial Guardsmen in Doctor Who role play.
Travels with a time lord thinking he's a human.
Really wants to meet the Emperor in person.
>>
Neilson, the manliest artificer around.

After losing his arm in an accident that could have been solved, not with brains, but brawn, he was determined to never be weak again, using his giant brain to determine the optimal workout to get huge fast.

He's now as strong as he is smart, and considers himself the perfect specimen, a magnificent fusion of MIND and MUSCLE!

Mechanically, an artificer who's combat focus is entirely on unarmed combat, and uses his artifice skill to facilitate that, while using his intelligence to solve out of combat issues, though his outrageous, BUT TOTALLY JUSTIFIED, ego makes diplomatic solutions a bit trickier.

Shut down by us picking an old game back up, which I didn't mind at all, and I'm also distracted trying to build a revolver-wielding luchador.
>>
>>44934533
I like this.
>>
File: fempred.jpg (172 KB, 736x1677) Image search: [Google]
fempred.jpg
172 KB, 736x1677
Female Dragonborn ranger or rogue played like a Predator.
>>
File: (judgemental stare).jpg (56 KB, 517x572) Image search: [Google]
(judgemental stare).jpg
56 KB, 517x572
>>44934116
Genuinely interesting.

>>44934413
Yawn.

>>44934483
>Doctor Who
>pic related

>>44934533
literally Renzo from Dawngate

>>44935148
underage b&
>>
File: 140234672348.jpg (124 KB, 501x504) Image search: [Google]
140234672348.jpg
124 KB, 501x504
>>44932543
Undead shield paladin who came back from the dead because went around as a "smite all evil" kind of dude and his own god punished him with a new no-life in which he's is forbidden from ever hurting somebody (on purpose), so he can only protect people and talk to baddies until they stop being baddies.
>>
All of them.
>>
File: 1453220543303.png (1 MB, 923x641) Image search: [Google]
1453220543303.png
1 MB, 923x641
>>44935193
>Dawngate

Fuck you that hurt.
>>
>>44935193
>underage b&
Nah, I like the look and behaviour.

I'll probably do it now just to spite you, judgemental little shit.
>>
>>44935193
>literally Renzo from Dawngate
Part of the inspiration, yes.

Also partly Armstrong from FMA and the Professor from Wild ARMs 5.

Reminds me, he also wears a sweater vest with velcro so it can easily be put back on after he dramatically tears it off pre-fight.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
>>44932543
> dat Lina

I made an anti-mage character in PF. Magnia, an apprentice monk who fled his Monastary after his masters were slaughtered in meditation by the army of a lich. He mastered his body so he may one day return to slay the dead god's armies and reclaim the teachings of his order.
>>
If I had to make one.

One who understood compassion intellect cleverness freedom from deceit who was able to heal allies and break bonds that harmed allies will be very fortified in these atttibutes free from harm he or she will do so flawlessly with graceful and amazing precision and accuracy from any angle and it would be apparent that I am the source of such safety not to redicule or make one feel shameful but to keep them aware of the reality of who I am.
>>
File: 1427184903252.jpg (21 KB, 528x288) Image search: [Google]
1427184903252.jpg
21 KB, 528x288
>>44935359
I guess this is some kind of meme?
>>
>>44935359
are you okay dude
>>
File: EMBARRASSING.png (150 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
EMBARRASSING.png
150 KB, 334x393
>>44935205
Edgelord.

>>44935230
It gets easier to live with the pain of loss. Trust me.

>>44935238
Do whatever you want. Replying to my opinion gives me credence.

>>44935302
pic related

>>44935323
standard RPG character, 2/10

>>44935359
schizophrenia
>>
>>44935443
>Replying to my opinion gives me credence.

You're a nameless anon judging others desires of the imagination.

You have no credence, you are no better than the rest.
>>
>>44935443
>I will give one word replies to everyone
>I am a talentless smug shithead
At least give them actual criticism and ideas to improve, because as it stands your posts are just bringing the quality -down- not up.
>>
File: Plebs can't ignore bait.png (42 KB, 249x284) Image search: [Google]
Plebs can't ignore bait.png
42 KB, 249x284
>>44934089
>>44935193
>>44935443
>>
>>44932543
A half-elf, half-dragon sorcerer that was raised by his sorceress mother and dragon father. He actually came into being by sheer accident when his father (a womanizer of cosmic proportions who shapeshifts into attractive, muscular males) banged his mother (a trigger-tempered sorceress so powerful that actually dragons would think twice before messing with her). His mother tracked his father and forced him to help her raise him.

Had a somewhat normal childhood despite his parents being quite the snowflakes resulting in collateral damage. When he was still a young boy, his sorcerous powers emerged along with his dragon blood awakening in him. He learned from both parents (magic from both parents and skills in using a dual-bladed sword from his father) and when he finally achieved adulthood, he decided to go in his mother's footsteps and make a name for himself as an adventurer. Problem is that he nearly always ends up with people that have lack of common sense, thus he has to end up as the voice of reason in the parties.

Managed to befriend a human Cleric that also had a "interesting" childhood as himself.
>>
>>44932543
Nautical scenario
Ranger/Barbarian Big game hunter, in it for the thrill and to keep the sea around his home islands safe from pirates, seabeasts and evil aquatics.

Fought with harpoon, skill and raw muscle
>>
>>44935712
I actually played one of these, whole party got behind me on it because we had to travel by sea quite a bit, we fashioned a giant hook/harpoon attached to a chain and fired it at sea beasts so we could reel them in, catch em and sell their corpses in nearby towns to stock back up and buy cool stuff. Needless to say hilarity ensued so I would strongly recommend it.
>>
>>44935443
>Replying to my opinion gives me credence.
On the contrary anon, you are giving THEM credence by replying to them.
>>
File: 135687911.jpg (337 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
135687911.jpg
337 KB, 1000x1200
The thirdborn son of a nobleman who had taken part in a big battle his father was involved in, against a neighbouring nation: he was wounded in battle and recovered in a village not far from the battle, which was left alone because it belonged to an independant state. Believed dead by his family, the young sorceror left with the party of PCs to help the villagers who saved them.

Since he was saved, he became a kind person, taking after the villagers who saved him. He believes that through kindness, progress will be made. However, he's also deceitful: albeit he was saved by the kind-hearted villagers, he's always been taught to be wary of others, especially those that hold power. He also believes that if you tell a lie enough times, it can become a truth. He's also got a lot of courage, because he believes that cowards are unreliable people, that never get anything done.

He wants to help the people that save him, first and foremost: then he wants to win this ongoing war for good and finally he wants to become the new ruler of the kingdom he hails from.
>>
File: C2XdfOj.png (349 KB, 1598x1188) Image search: [Google]
C2XdfOj.png
349 KB, 1598x1188
>>44932543
Hong Kong setting. I made a female decker/infiltrator with a snake theme. Named her Shé because that's what I was lead to believe means snake in Cantonese.
Made pic related in hero maker. Left is the Virtual Reality avatar.
The campaign never got out of the concept phase.
>>
A bookish necromancer girl who just wanted to academically study the art. Campaign fell apart shortly after she joined.
>>
>>44932543

>Dat Lina

But seriously though, the best dota 2 lore is Riki

Also, for the thread:

Nation is in war, everyone has to participate, even prisoners. A mad scientist is released to participate in the medical squad, which makes him real happy because he would be able to see and do what he would not(legally) under normal circumstances.

A wounded boy is brought to him. He has lost his arms and legs and regular doctors can't do nothing about it, so they ask him to use his shenanigans on him, and they give him full control of whatever he wants to do with him with the condition that he develops stuff for the country. He agrees, and first of all gives him the raddest feet in the world, full of artifacts, gadgets, and fast stuff. The project, for him, was to transfer his mind through a brain plug, so he could be reborn as a young boy with super extremities. Arms are WIP

Mid brain-transfer, the boy wakes up, unplugs himself from the machine, and in panic, runs away(because he has super feet, duh). But now he feels like he's not the same person as before, but not like the mad scientist either, it's like he was a lightly cynical, more apathetic, and schizophrenic version of himself. Like if his mind was now full of random thoughts, sometimes hearing voices and stuff, and feeling an intense desire to dissect things and to test the might of his super feet. Also, he still has no arms.
>>
File: frankengirl.jpg (367 KB, 701x800) Image search: [Google]
frankengirl.jpg
367 KB, 701x800
In Promethean: The Created (nWoD), I wanted to make a little Frankenstein girl.

Created by a fellow Promethean out of a misplaced desire to have children (thinking it would make them nearer to humanity), only to get destroyed by an incredibly emotional/confused Promethean "child" after spending Azoth to give her life.

She realizes her mistake later but is otherwise set to wandering alone- desiring humanity and human contact but never able to stay in one place for long thanks to the Disquiet.
>>
File: Knightly.jpg (89 KB, 802x724) Image search: [Google]
Knightly.jpg
89 KB, 802x724
>>44932543
!5th century knight trapped into a magical sleep, only to awaken in the future. It was a shadowrun campaign so I would try to play as chivalrous as possible despite the grimdarkness of the setting. My character was also not sure if he truly was from the past or just conditioned to believe he was by the corps (I think it was whichever one had a dragon as a CEO) He was a physical adapt who wielded a claymore and pretty much nothing else, but got like 15 dice to hit with his giant fucking sword. He was going to think everyone good with technology with either a witch or a servant of god blessed with such gifts.
>>
File: merfolkorca.jpg (73 KB, 734x1000) Image search: [Google]
merfolkorca.jpg
73 KB, 734x1000
For Pathfinder:

Merfolk Bloodrager with a draconic lineage. Once their draconic features became more prominent, sent out into the world on a personal voyage to find purpose. Was going to be a relatively serious character sans one running gag: Given her life having been mostly in water and she has a massive tail, she has a particular problem trying to go up flights of stairs. She'd often get mad at this and begrudgingly ask one of the party to carry her up the stairs.

Was eventually going to make them a dragon disciple as my DM said he'd allow levels of Bloodrager to qualify (that stuff's iffy in wording) and would've been a great... if the group I was supposed to run her in would have ever gotten together. Sadly, never did.
>>
>>44935193
Your opinion in highly valued and respected in this thread
>>
File: 1403297295350.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1403297295350.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>>44935645
Cringe.

>>44935712
Mildly interesting, 2/10

>>44936149
Cookie-cutter RPG hero, 2/10

>>44936305
Uninspired

>>44936434
>admits to ruining campaign with lame character

>>44936617
literally the Six Million Dollar Man mixed with Wolverine, 4/10

>>44936842
Magical Realm tier cringe.

>>44936950
Fish out of water, yawn.

>>44937671
>creates a character that's a burden on the rest of the team and the DM
>being this entitled
>>
>>44936617
>Riki
>not the egdelord king of the last major meta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7x4SlanIeI
>>
File: Blurred Slayer.jpg (249 KB, 628x1007) Image search: [Google]
Blurred Slayer.jpg
249 KB, 628x1007
>>44932543
Really wanted to play as the recently acquitted original suspect of a highly publicized murder that became a mountain man recluse to stay out of TMZ ads. He tries to keep to himself, raise dogs, and write his stories, but his cabin is beset upon by a local monster and he is forced to cut his way out of there and back to town with a bowie knife. After the experience he is contacted by what essentially amounts to delta green as a local contractor in exchange for an offer of relocating him somewhere safe where he can be totally anonymous. In the game we were monster-hunters who start manifesting strange super-powers, and he was essentially the survivalist/melee guy who's shtick was the ability to make people forget his appearance and actions after a few minutes of time had passed, or much shorter in desperate situations.
>>
>>44939742
To be fair, there's nothing new under the Sun.
>>
>>44939742
It's more important to roleplay well than to create a completely novel character.
plust let's hear your idea if you're so high and mighty.
>>
File: mistyspin.gif (458 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
mistyspin.gif
458 KB, 500x300
>>44940088
The first interesting character in this thread, 7/10, am intrigued.
>>
>>44940088
I'll give you an E for Effort
>>
File: smoothmove.jpg (71 KB, 370x472) Image search: [Google]
smoothmove.jpg
71 KB, 370x472
>>44939742
>>44934089

Fine, I'll bite the hook.

Your brevity does you no credit. You're just a condescending fuckwit with a keyboard.

Either post something yourself or stop shitting up the thread. Let us bask in your "genius".
>>
File: qO4a26A[1].jpg (123 KB, 500x573) Image search: [Google]
qO4a26A[1].jpg
123 KB, 500x573
Somewhat based on Sybil in Shadowrun-esque world.
Classy daughter of a corporation owner with a childhood fear of cats from an event where she saw a cat enter a building before the structure burst into flames, most likely from some corp-merc shenanigans.

Began developing a case of head voices and turned to being an illegal gun dealer since she wasn't able to procure money from her father as the company started having problems. Ends up becoming a begrudging friend with a clubbing drug runner with common snide insults about their tastes. Constantly has to get the medicine through the runner which sparked the relationship being more than just a one-time customer.

Feels bad, especially with the voices since it's always for some edgy psychotic shit. Oh well.
>>
File: Landsknecht.jpg (3 MB, 3141x4233) Image search: [Google]
Landsknecht.jpg
3 MB, 3141x4233
>>44932543
This is a character concept I've been mulling over for a while. Feel free to offer any critique you may have.
Lord Montague “Monty” Archibald Marion Gilles Roquefort the Third
>Born into a once prestigious family of noble warriors that have dwindled over the centuries to the point they were little better than commoners.
>His parents, alcoholic and bitter over their family’s squandered legacy, constantly belittle and verbally abuse him to the point he develops crippling self-esteem issues.
>Once both his parents die he’s left as the last of the Roqueforts.
>He attempts to start a family in order to continue his family’s line by marrying a somewhat ugly daughter of a lesser house who eventually leaves him once it’s discovered he’s sterile.
>Middle-aged and truly the last of his line, Monty is determined to recapture some of the glory of his once great family name by becoming an adventurer.
>Taking up his family arms, a horse that has seen better days he insists is of the purest pedigree, and number of personal effects any sensible noble would bring, Monty goes off on one final hurrah to restore his family namesake.
>>
>>44941262
>Deceptively lanky, disheveled, and a bit foppish in appearance. Likes to wear flashy clothing with garish coloring so he can stand out.
>Proud of his well-groomed (and graying) facial hair, especially his oiled mustache. Will go berserk if anyone messes with it.
>Constantly feels he needs to prove himself and showboat due to his self-esteem issues but mostly ends up making a fool of himself.
>Believes in a romanticized version of chivalry and insists on using proper etiquette in any situation like a proper gentleman. Unfortunately, he occasionally looks down on the “peasants” as he call them despite being mostly destitute at this point himself.
>Uncharacteristically brave, laughs in the face of danger and hopes to go out in a blaze of glory and find a place in the annals of history.
>Quite competent as a fighter due to some vestiges of his once proud heritage and formal training since he was young.
>Insists on being called by his full title or proper honorifics, only let’s close friends call him Monty.
>Drinks everything from a chipped teacup he refers to his “fine china”, usually cheap booze he swears is more expensive than it actually is.
>Tries to hide his heavy drinking and incredible self-loathing by throwing his all into his quest.
>>
>>44935443
>Character who is forced to protect and cannot attack whatsoever and actually tries reasoning with his enemies
>Edgelord
u wot m8?
>>
File: yeesh.jpg (13 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
yeesh.jpg
13 KB, 236x236
>>44941262
>>44941274

>name is too long
>insists on being called by full name
>goes berserk if anyone touches his moustache
>drinks from teacup exclusively because lol so randumb xD
>is an alcoholic

character is 7/10 otherwise, but your obvious parent issues and autism bring your character to a 5/10
>>
File: 1403296694724.jpg (31 KB, 615x456) Image search: [Google]
1403296694724.jpg
31 KB, 615x456
>>44941328
>Undead paladin
>"smite all evil"
>god punished him
>talk to baddies until they stop being baddies

Yup, edgelord.
>>
>>44941343
>name is too long
That's kind of the point, it's supposed to be a needlessly wordy name only some dandy would be proud to have
>goes berserk if anyone touches his moustache
>drinks from teacup exclusively because lol so randumb xD
More to get across he's a rich pampered asshole that's overly concerned with superficial appearances for more than his own good.
>is an alcoholic
What's wrong with that?
>>
File: not cool.jpg (52 KB, 980x1112) Image search: [Google]
not cool.jpg
52 KB, 980x1112
>>44941401
>is an alcoholic
>What's wrong with that?

You are That Guy.
>>
File: wut.jpg (44 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
44 KB, 282x341
>>44941455
>Alcoholism
>That Guy
>>
File: aint easy.jpg (22 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
aint easy.jpg
22 KB, 640x480
>>44941393
Bobby, if you don't post your own character idea or shut the hell up, I'm gonna have to take away all your vidya games.
>>
File: 11866362.jpg (37 KB, 882x559) Image search: [Google]
11866362.jpg
37 KB, 882x559
>>44941492
>>
>>44934089
Douchey, but clearly an experienced source. I rate this post a 3 out of 5.

>>44935193
This time he's just kind of a dick. I rate this post a 2 out of 5.

>>44935443
With this 2016 release it becomes much more obvious this guy's becoming a bigger a-hole as time progresses, yet he still hasn't contributed his own ideas yet. I rate this post a 3 out of 5.

>>44935443
He appears to have plateau'd. He even reused a comment from his previous issue. Let's hope he improves next episode. I rate this post a 2 out of 5.

>>44935443
If I've ever seen a publisher make it known they're only in it for the money, this is it. As a loyal fan of this franchise I am honestly shocked at this lazy rehash. I rate this post a 1 out of 5.

>>44939742
With this episode it is made clear that maybe this guy actually thinks people look up to his opinions. Now I'm getting kind of sad. I rate this post a 2 out of 5.

That's all for today. Be sure to like, share and subscribe. Thanks for watching!
>>
>>44941140
Reminds me of a character I've always wanted to play.
>Fairly standard adventuring-for-booze-money type fighter.
>Starts adventuring with a friendly and like-minded ranger
>They fall in love, get married, but never really settle down
>Become Mr. and Mrs. Smith style adventuring couple and travel the countryside together for years
>One quest goes very bad. The couple are defeated by a dickhole wizard that traps the ranger's soul inside of a sword
>Fighter now adventures to try and find a way to change her husband (now a talking sword) back or at least get revenge on the wizard

The main problem is finding a GM that's comfortable with A) Giving me a sentient weapon right off the bat. B) Having a non-combat DMPC in the party. And C) Roleplaying as my character's significant other.
>>
>>44941624
But seriously though, plenty of stuff here is cringe. You don't have to tell us what is and isn't. Now please actually contribute to the thread or screw off.
>>
>>44934089
>>44935193
>>44935443
>>44939742

This is a character I want to play. Self-righteous, self-absorbed, probably overweight, and deeply autistic. Consumed by anger, bitterness, and petty jealousy. His quest would be to dodge the uncomfortable questions about his job search from his parents, all while defeating his numerous enemies on 4chan.
>>
>>44941658
He's never going to
He's only here to get a rise out of people by posting single-word "criticism" of other people's ideas
I doubt he's ever even played a game in his life
>>
>>44941658
I don't think you read that right, that was another guy making fun of the dick
>>
>>44941637
That sounds like a fun character if you could get the group to run that with. I have a player in my game about to start who is using a sentient weapon from the get go. It's one of those things i rarely see used, but probably because it's hard to do well.
>>
>>44937671
I'd like to play a merfolk or other aquatic race as well, although primarily because I'd like to play in a campaign focused on adventures on the sea and such campaign would be a rare opportunity where an aquatic race wouldn't feel out of place and their special skills would actually be useful.

If possible I'd like to make an unsettling deep sea merfolk, but that wouldn't really work very well at all.

>>44939742
>creates a character that's a burden on the rest of the team and the DM
I don't think "has trouble going up stairs" really counts as "being a burden on the team", any more than a halfling being unable to reach the top of tall shelves. Not sure about PF but in 3.5 merfolk actually had very good stats (+2 to three attributes and penalties to none), aside from having a low movement speed.
>>
>Fallout character
>Grew up in a vault that was built into the Colorado Rockies and the mines/caves of the region
>The vault experiment was to see how a medieval civilization would survive, only Renaissance faire fans and employees were allowed in
>The vault was built to resemble a trio of medieval villages, dirt floors and all. The residents were encouraged to speak in ye olde English and to wear medieval outfits
>The Overseer was known as the grand Wizard, had a council of seven wizards. The wizards were the only residents allowed to use guns/laser weapons and pipboys, and were the only ones trained with technology
>During the events of the RP campaign, the vault is broken into by troggs that live within the caves, causing the vault citizens to require weapons and armor to defend themselves
>So rises Sir Arthur Forteskow, wielding a sword and shield and the colors of his home
>Sir Arthur and many others take up homemade arms and armor to defend their home, drive the troggs out
>But not without loss
>Sir Arthur was overwhelmed and dragged out of the vault by the troggs, who took all of their prisoners from the vault to a local raider fortress to trade for weapons
>Sir Arthur was thrown into a pit to fight for his life against monsters of the wasteland and other prisoners for three months before the main RP party stormed the fortress (An old shopping mall), killing the raider leader and freeing all the slaves
>Believing his home lost, Sir Arthur wanders the wasteland, a knight of valor and justice, aiding all who seek his aid

We haven't RPed in months. I don't think Sir Arthur will ever see the light of day.
>>
>>44941771
I probably just need to get better at pushing it rather than assuming it'll be too much of an inconvenience to the party. I just like giving the GM stuff to hold over my characters' heads so that they can throw backstory-driven twists into the story at any time and the inevitable story arc where she gets separated from the sword and spirals into despair gets me really excited.
>>
File: at least you tried.jpg (17 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
at least you tried.jpg
17 KB, 500x371
>>44941624
>>
File: ooo nooo.jpg (30 KB, 682x677) Image search: [Google]
ooo nooo.jpg
30 KB, 682x677
>>44941880
>3.5
>>
>>44941393
true
>>
>>44941880
>aside from having a low movement speed

your character might as well be in a wheelchair, and you don't think that's a burden on the rest of the team? no one wants to play with a cripple, we just tolerate them so why would we play with a merfolk who is a literal fish out of water
>>
>>44934413
Mother Theresa was a fucking scam artist and a lying cunt. Cool character idea though senpai.
>>
>>44941925
I can't see how that would be an inconvenience to the party. You're playing a melee character which in role playing games generally are not as powerful as casters. Plus, your character has motivation to go and explore and meet new people, which any GM should be happy about.
>>
>>44932543
Superhero game with a DC Marvel amalgam setting. He was a cross between Iron Fist and Aqua Man. We only ever got together for the character creation session The gm's work schedule killed the game before it even started.
>>
I wabted to try a character based around lawful neutral. He would be a fighter who would serve whatever lord gave him the largest reward for his service, likely in gold or feifs, and titles. He would freely move from one lord to the next if they offered a greater reward.
Kind of general in format and relies on the DM having kings and such but sounds fun to me.
>>
>>44942116
I hadn't heard the scam artist bit, but I tend to assume that white folk involved with authoritarian religions commit well intentioned atrocities as a matter of course.

Mostly I wanted to not play the normal 'detect evil' sperg paladin. Someone who had lost faith in the source of their beliefs, but was desperate to cling to his beliefs out of a combination of hope (that 'good' is truly a worthy cause for its own sake) and fear (that falling all the way would mean he had spent his life on a lie).
>>
I have a large number.
>Longsnid (somewhat humanoid Japanese Spider Crab) Samurai, who washed up on a shore far from underwater-not-Japan and decided to stay. Over the top in everything he does, carries tons of different weapons.
>A car
>A giant man who uses battering rams as a throwing weapon
>A mage with 6 CON
>ect
Of course I'll never actually play in a game, since I'm the DM forever.
>>
I had this idea for a kinda fucked-up character that i know i'm never going to get to play

A ranger (or maybe rogue) of dark-skinned decent stuck in northern lands. He (or she, haven't decided yet) is a ex-slave for a now very dead dark lord and finds freedom to be very scary at times, as he/she is used to following orders instead of thinking for him/herself.

That character sometimes fall bakc into his/her old salve demeanor when things are going bad, sometimes under high stress going so far as to mentally shut down and just wait for orders
>>
>>44943564
>all those typos
Gods damned i need to stop posting on my phone.

forgot to add that the character would shape up to either let go of his/her slave mentality, or if things don't go as planned, end up back in chains and be happy about it.
>>
File: Sabetha.jpg (190 KB, 832x900) Image search: [Google]
Sabetha.jpg
190 KB, 832x900
>Duelist with high CHR, essentially a Con Artist
>Spend a lot of time on the back story and the like because I love writing shit up
>GM doesn't like her because she doesn't 'suit the campaign'
>Say 'Fuck it' and hop out the campaign, don't like the GM anyway
>Friend later tells me they TPK on the 2nd session
>Primarily because they were forced to fight when they failed at the diplomatic option

Fuck you Greg, you were born a shit GM and you'll fuckin' die a shit GM.
>>
>>44932543
Human cleric, mid-20s. The son of a village pastor, he grew up expecting to take his father's position once he grew too old, and spent his time between studying scripture and helping the blacksmith with tedious work, like punching nails and forging mail rings. One day, however, he received a vision from his God directing him to walk the earth and carry on the good work where it was needed most. On that day, he became an adventurer, dedicated to protecting the faithful by striking down evil wherever it may lurk and bringing healing to those it plagued. With his father's blessing, he took up the ceremonial hammer used to ring the church bell as his weapon, and garbed himself with a coat of mail made from the very rings he'd helped to forge, and set out.

The shitty twist: All of that is lies. He's a fighter/rogue without a single cleric level, the hammer is a wooden mallet with iron plates on, and he stole the mail. His father was a pastor, but he was disowned for blasphemy and general loutishness. He bummed around town for a few years doing odd jobs and sometimes stealing food, until one year his father proved too old to last the winter alone. The fact he basically let his father die guilted him into skipping town and attempting to carry on his work like he'd been supposed to. Sadly, he just doesn't really know or understand religion at all, so he keep traveling to make sure he's always out of town before someone calls him out for bullshitting. His "heals" are bluffs and slight-of-hand with potions, while his lack of other spells is explained with "God works in mysterious ways."
He really does want to be a cleric, he just doesn't quite get what a cleric really IS. As far as he ever knew all they're supposed to do is say things that sound all deep and mysterious, so he sort of mashes proverbs and sayings together at random when he needs to.

I use http://www.neonwinter.com/sayings/ to come up with his bullshit.
>>
NE "Witchhunter" Human with the a Magic,talking Sword with a LN Guard's soul inside it and inflicts heavy Poison and Ice Damage. The Sword Hilt's Gem would glow every time the Guard spoke. I'd ask the GM to play the two of us off more as a Comedy Duo rather than bickering partners.
He'd be VERY selfish but not incapable of Humanity. He'd basically be a Rogue with a bit of Magic Talent rather than the Fight Fire with Fire Hunter instincts of a real Witchhunter.
His Sword wouldn't be a Saint however, nor a Satirical "look how much trouble I could get this guy into" guy? The Sword would be very Nationalistic and Patriotic for his country and would make the Rogue read him Mystery Stories when they have the time.
>>
>>44941262
>>44941274

im so fucking sorry but he is a infertile don quijote...
>>
>>44944785
Basically, yeah. He's less outright delusional though and is actually competent. I threw in mixes of Black Adder for good measure.
>>
>>44943429
Isn't losing belief in faith THE actual reason behind fallen paladins and the alignment shift is more often than not just a sympthom or artifact of it? You can still pull a Mother Teresa by having fallen a long time ago and lying through you teeth, replicating your miracles through arcane magic.
>>
>>44932543
A giant who goes around making very intricate blade designs but can never actually forge them because getting that much ore would cost too much and, being the nice guy he is , can't raid mines.
>>
>>44932543
I want to play a female gnoll paladin who due to a mix of old tribal sin-eater beliefs, semi-misunderstood teachings of her new religon's stance on redemption, and fondness for eating carrion, has come to the conclusion that it's her paladiny duties to eat ALL the evil
>>
File: a20160123.jpg (198 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
a20160123.jpg
198 KB, 894x894
Samurai noble savage orc.
>>
"Magic Fingers" Marco

He fought with needles, a back alley surgeon who broke his Hippocratic oath for revenge.

He was a young boy when he saved a powerful man's life. He'd found the leader of a local gang, poisoned and bleeding in the harsh winter snow. He himself was an urchin, but a resourceful one. At birth, he was gifted with a sacred hand that kept those on the brink of death on the brink. With it, he carrier the leader through the slums on his back to the sewers, where he could harvest a fungal remedy.

The leader made a full recovery and took the boy in. Orphaned at a young age, he was never given a name that he could remember. He gave him the name Marco, after the Saint.

As he grew up, he treated the wounded gang members. They grew to trust Marco and gave him the title "Magic Fingers". He was a proficient doctor, though self-taught. He would pick anatomy books from the stores his gang raided whenever he could. They were rare, but he had attained a collection. One day, a gang member sauntered into his room. He'd poisoned himself with a toxic brew. The patch on his skin where he touched it was dark green, a testament his carelessness. Marco asked him what the ingredients were so that he could better treat him. It's not every day a patient is lucky enough to know what they've contracted.

His words hit Marco all at once. The toxins the man mentioned were all too familiar to him. Marco asked him to repeat them as he rummaged through his cupboard of anti-toxins. There was no doubt about it, it was the brew that nearly ended the leader. Without a second thought, Marco covered the mans mouth and stabbed him with surgical needles he took from his counter. He stabbed his chest with the precision you'd expect of a surgeon. Between the ribs into the lungs. He held the man's mouth shut and realized what he had done.

He'd broken his Hippocratic oath and done harm. His gang could never trust him again. "Did I cross him? Will he kill me?" So he ran and didn't return.
>>
>>44952206
Ran into character limit, so that bio was abridged a bit for brevity.

Name was going to be important because of biblical references in our party composition. The campaign was about recovering lost scriptures of the past for the Church. Friend was a priest on a pilgrimage who was going to meet up with us on a coincidence because he wanted to glean the scripture himself. Another friend was going to be the party Weather Druid Face (if you get this reference right away, you would have been the first).

DM bailed last minute because girlfiend didn't want him associating with the Druid because of weed.
>>
I've had the idea for a character who was in training to become a Paladin, but ended up quitting his order out of shame when he found out about some demonic ancestry in his blood.

Never going to play it because demon-blooded paladin is edgy/special snowflake no matter how you swing it.
>>
I've been excited about a ton of characters, and I've never been able to play any of them as a player since I am the Eternal GM for my group :(
>>
Immortal horse nomad who wrote poetry about the regrets of his past lives when not caught up in the minutia of running a PMC.
>>
>>44952206
What a retard.
He killed a member of his gang for being poisoned with the same thing as their leader.
I get that he jumped to the conclusion that that guy was the one who poisoned boss but unless it was some very rare poison that is a major logic jump. The only thing he should have done is mention to the boss that he was poisoned with the same thing that you were saved from.
>>
File: 1385918034404.jpg (291 KB, 578x800) Image search: [Google]
1385918034404.jpg
291 KB, 578x800
A shabti bloodrager of various bloodlines that actually preferred to solve problems with talking rather than fighting. Calling itself The Diplomat, it was constructed with the intention of being the vessel for the soul of a mad warlock who desired to gain immortality, and consulted with an entity beyond the void of space and time to learn how to do so. The entity consulted had other plans. Only when the mad warlock noticed that the mostly featureless face of oversized teeth and inhuman proportions he had been sculpting was not, in fact, his own did he realize that he had been subtly manipulated into creating the entity a conduit on the material plane from which it could spill ever so slightly. The conduit awakened and ended the employment of the warlock, then set out into the world to reorganize it for the profit of the entity to which it was the avatar. Manipulating the world around it with words and promises, the wandering "masked" diplomat of a country unknown slowly convinces all the mortal realm that they truly want to be exactly the world perfectly suited for the entity beyond to rule. And, should that fail, the entity need push ever so slightly through its conduit (represented as entering bloodrage) to convince its naysayers.
>>
File: 1449994101086.jpg (42 KB, 340x349) Image search: [Google]
1449994101086.jpg
42 KB, 340x349
>can't go a day without coming up with a new Exalted character
>nobody wants to run it
>>
The lastest one was a young noble who won over 100 duels (Forest blood). The problem is his father bribed every oponent he faced. Ashamed, he forsaken his father Money until he defeats every oponent in single combat to the death.
He became an adventurer because of the Money, the travelling habbits, the trainning and party healers.
>>
A veteran (fighter) of some awful conflict of sorts thus he has many scars on his body though he often hides it underneath his heavy plate armor and helm thus he doesn't show his face much, also had his dick scarred so he tries not to draw the attention of women. War hasn't really made him all too gloomy as he's optimistic to a fault but he is poor as hell so he has to keep swinging his sword but he doesn't mind but when and if he manages to get enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his days he will leave even if it's mid-Campaign
>>
>>44941637
Have the sword talk back so that only she can hear it. No extra workload for GM and the party won't be sure if shr really does have a sentient sword containing her husband or if she's just batshit PTSD over his death.
>>
>>44932543
a detective nWoD hunter who was almost literally shawn spencer
>>
File: Bard_0.jpg (287 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
Bard_0.jpg
287 KB, 1215x717
>>44935230
well league seems to have taken a few pages from dawngate's character design recently
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.