[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What game(s) have you never played, but wish you could?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: 1447559833951.jpg (247 KB, 1280x630) Image search: [Google]
1447559833951.jpg
247 KB, 1280x630
What game(s) have you never played, but wish you could?
>>
anything but D&D
>>
>>44927158
Oh look, an UA thread!
>>
>>44927158
Deadlands
>>
>>44927158
not-D&D
>>
A game in a pre existing or well established setting.

Holy fuck am I tired of homebrew settings that the gms use to push a point.
>>
>>44927349
Holy fuck am I tired of pre existing settings.
>>
>>44927315
>>44927189
I know the feeling.
Shit sucks, yo.
>>
FATAL
>>
>>44927255
>tfw you track down all of the UA books still available, read them through and realize that you aren't weird enough to run it and your players don't appreciate narrative focused games enough to enjoy it
Why even live?
>>
>>44927158
I bought the core MHRP book literally the day it came out and have never had both the people and time to run it. Shit sucks.
I even tried to court some friends for it by doing writeups of their Original Character Do Not Steal-tier superheroes, but it just never came together.

I'd also really like to try out Fantasy Craft and Legend at some point. They both put some interesting and refreshing spins on the d20 System formula.
>>
>>44927412
>I don't play RPGs
>>
>>44928789
nah, I just play kitchen sink because it's way more relaxed and allows much more player interaction in setting creation.
>>
File: ya4nXMwl.jpg (69 KB, 635x640) Image search: [Google]
ya4nXMwl.jpg
69 KB, 635x640
I'd love to play Shadowrun, but nobody I know plays it and I don't trust randos on the internet. I played the shit out of the Genesis and SNES games back in the 90s (and I have Shadowrun Returns on my Steam, but have barely touched it) and was always fascinated by the setting, but have never had the opportunity to play it.
>>
>>44930101
I'm in exactly the same boat. Tried GMing, hated it with a passion and couldn't keep going (shit group didn't help). Regular GM won't break out of the D&D fantasy mold for any other games.
>>
>>44927158
ORE
>>
>>44927158
All of them even the shit ones especially the shit ones
>>
>>44927158
>either run or play
A game basically like a cross between a Miyazaki film and Gravity Falls.

The childish sense of wonder and exploration in a beautiful world filled with secrets and danger.
>>
Any of them, since none of my friends care for /tg/ games.
>>
All of them. Every single one.
>>
Anything that's not Pathfinder. Or fantasy.

Fuck Rhode Island and its lack of players interested in anything but Pathfinder.
>>
>>44930237
I've never played it before myself, but Ryuutama might work for what you want.
>>
>>44927158
DnD, Pathfinder, ShadowRun, and 40k RPGs (I've played RT, DH 1&2, but my groups always get bored early). found another group on roll20 playing 40k hosting up to 40 players on Teamspeak, quite interested on how they function.
>>
>>44932721
(read: Online Group)
>>
>>44932721
40 players? That sounds like a clusterfuck.
>>
40K RPG's. A friend of mine has them and says he wants to GM but can't find a group for it. Which is a bullshit excuse since half of my warhammer fantasy group would join and 3 guys from my other groups. Motherfucker just doesn't want to run a different system than what he's allways running. I'd GM it myself but i don't have any of the books, so i just stick to the games i already run.
>>
I have actually always been interested in trying Magical Burst, tho i doubt i would ever frind a group or GM that is uh....willing to even give it a serious thought
>>
>>44927158
I've always wanted to try Shadowrun, since I really like the setting.

I've also wanted to try Traveler, Spycraft, and Degenesis.

Like many here, I'd like to do an Unknown Armies game again, since the one I was in lasted like two sessions and then the GM disappeared, which is slightly alarming considering I know the person and I sill haven't seen them for like two and a half years. I still hang with two of the players who were in that group and sometimes we joke that the campaign was actually about us trying to find out what happened to the guy in real life.
>>
Shadowrun, literally every game I've been in has fallen apart for one reason or another and it frustrates me greatly.
>>
Shadowrun or Dark Heresy.
I have recently acquired the second edition book for DH but it'll be a hard sell to get my players to play it. (Actually I really want to play it but I'm ForeverDM)
>>
A western or a cyperpunk game that isn't mixed with fantasy.
>>
Shadowrun, Dark Heresy and any D&D other then 3.5e.
>>
Orbital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TtHYIrIPmE

Hopefully the series "the expanse" should help convince my buddies...
>>
>>44928522

>tfw the greatest character moment you've had in UA is dying to protect your family from a clockwork Mickey Mouse animatronic piloted by the soul of Walt Disney, stored in a bottle of bourbon
>>
>>44927158
Geist: The Sin-Eater.
Mouseguard.
Some sort of Shadowrun thing to make it like Deus Ex (i.e. non-humans and magic and stupid words like "chummer")
>>
>>44928751
You should work on this harder. It's worth it. Just abandon all your friend's bullshit characters and play the RAFT scenario in the back of the book.
>>
>>44927158
Tenra Bansho Zero.
>>
>>44927158
Basically I wish I could get my group to play anything but DnD.

I'd love to try GMing dungeon or apocalypse world for them.

But they're against learning new rules.
>>
Shadowrun
nWoD (especially Geist or Changeling)
Maid RPG. Only one of the people I've played D&D with has even heard about it.
>>
>>44927158
Dark Heresy.
Time Wizards.
Paranoia.
Gamma World.
D&D 5e.
Deadlands.
Any superhero game.
>>
>>44930237
>>44930397
That sounds like a lot of fun.
>>
>tfw you GM Shadowrun in desperate need of players because of your weird time zone
>all the people ITT you can't save

My dream game is political intrigue, treachery and conspiracy in post-post apoc a la Fallout
>>
D&D 3.5
>>
>>44937079
>>44930397
>>44930237
Actually, thinking on that a little more, expanding and exploring the "Spirit World" setting of Spirited Away might work really well for such a game. Make it such that this Spirit World intersects with and overlays our own in special places. Fill the Spirit World with gods and ghosts that each have their own powers, peculiarities and personal agendas. Might make for an interesting thread in and of itself.
>>
>>44937089
Day and preferred time?
>>
File: 1397166565189.jpg (29 KB, 316x488) Image search: [Google]
1397166565189.jpg
29 KB, 316x488
>>44927158
>>
Mutant år noll. I wish I have the time to learn and play it.
>>
Shadowrun
Cyberpunk 2020
Any of the star wars games

In that order, too
>>
File: 1448467494141.jpg (69 KB, 395x450) Image search: [Google]
1448467494141.jpg
69 KB, 395x450
>>44935892
You are like my twin. I accomplished getting a group of three to play 2nd Edition DH and we're having a ton of fun but I'm a ForeverDM. I've owned and ran DH for years and never once got to play.

My attempts over the internet went horrible and kept getting shitty railroading DMs who wanted a Space Marine or a bolter bitch to be the star of his/her show. I even tried to play in Rogue Trader but after sitting through two 7-hour sessions where the DM somehow 'couldn't find a chance to introduce my character', I gave up.
>>
>>44937066
TÌIIIIIIIIIME WIZAAAAARDS

Goddamn it friends. Let's just drop shoots and buy wizard hats and pretend that's what we're playing.
>>
Mouseguard
Any game in a prehistoric setting
Warhammer (money :/)
Superhero game.

Literally my only exposure to tabletop is D&D and made up D&Dish rules with kids.
>>
>>44937066
>>44938762
Hell yeah.
Anyone remember that attempt at a sober and sane edition by the way?
>>
>>44940877
What sober and sane?
There's Time Wizards 1e, Time Wizards Kroft edition and Advanced Time Wizards, and all are fucking bonkers.
>>
>>44927158
Probably Degenesis

the setting and characters look great but nobody (including myself) knows shit about it and nobody's willing to read up on it enough to be able to summarize it for the rest of the players
>>
I'd like to play Fallen London/Sunless Sea campaign sometime. I've been on a SS kick recently.

>>44941755
Also this.
>>
File: mouseguard.png (321 KB, 424x507) Image search: [Google]
mouseguard.png
321 KB, 424x507
Mouse Guard. My group claims it looks like a kids game every time I bring it up.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.