[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Beer Test
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
File: Beer_Bud-Light_2.jpg (253 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
Beer_Bud-Light_2.jpg
253 KB, 620x400
I'm sure many of you can relate that finding someone to game with can be a bitch because so many gamers are a little... off.

I've been having problems filling some empty chairs, partly due to the first test - the beer test. If someone won't meet me at the pub for a pint then they can just fuck off. Whats even worse is the guys who show up at the pub but don't drink even if I offer to buy them a pint. If you won't have a pint with me, you can fuck off.

Any similar tests you use for new players?
>>
>>44916665
If you offer a Bud I wouldn't drink that piss either.
>>
>>44916665
>bud light
carbs kill gains, isn't bro?
>>
>>44916665
not really.
Can't pass the beer test. I can take at most one shot of powerful drink. Any large amount of drink, weak or small, will make me vomit immediately.
>>
>>44916665
What about people with legitimate health problems?
>>
>>44916665
What if they don't drink for medical reasons?
>>
>>44916814
I'd argue that's a bit different that said, my litmus test is if they're easy going fellas I'd go to a bar with and play pool against beer or no.
>>
>>44916665

I'm a recovering alcoholic, so being around people drinking isn't great for me.
>>
>>44916830
that depends.
Can you do FIGHTING GAMES?

Because I will destroy you at pool and then destroy you at fighting games.
>>
>>44916665
What's the point of this test if i may ask ?
>>
>>44916848
oh balls no, I suck horribly at fighting games. Though if they can handle playing cards with me that's an auto-add as well.
>>
>>44916859
There is a fighting game card game.
>>
>>44916852
As seen in the thread, you avoid ex-winos, genetic trash and social outcasts.
Thanks god every player I have passes the test with merits.
>>
>>44916665
What about people who just hate the taste of beer?
>>
>>44916884
I dunno anon, a lot of people don't drink.
>>
>>44916892
Beer is an adquired test for most. If you don't like it is because you are a quitter who will cry on my table after I hurt his character. Start by wheat beers if you hate the taste that much.
>>
>>44916931
why not just drink, you know, better alcohol?
>>
>>44916923
Maybe in ISIS controlled territory.
>>
>>44916944
in america, less than 50% of people drank in the last month.

Only 70% even drank in the last year.

20% of people never drink in their entire lives.
>>
>>44916943
>I want a whisky on the rocks with my fedora.
>>
>>44916956
What kind of super-hipster do you have to be to claim something like whiskey is for fedoras?
>>
>ITT: people trying to justify their alcoholism
>>
>having alcohol without having a special occasion
Doin it wrong.
Only drink if there is something to celebrate.
>>
>>44916742
This. Quality is of critical importance.
Ask them what beer they want, if the asnwer is anything but a proper high quality beer you drop them.
>>
>>44916963
Fedoras will try to act classy asking for whiskey alone or an old fashioned. I worked on a bar.
>>
>>44916931
Tell you what, no.

I'll stick to vodka & lime juice.
>>
>>44916982
I worked as president, and I can assure you that as president, I am certain you were never a barman.
>>
>>44916987
Good luck Mr. President.
>>
>>44916931
Let someone drink the thing they want to drink you bar-sog.
>>
>>44916742
Savagery and truth all in one post
>>
>>44916931
Punching you in the face is also an adquired test
>>
>>44916994
Those darn congressmen make things hard.
>>
>>44916963
The majority of fedoracore nerds who drink whisky know fuck all about it and expect the very act of consuming cheapass Bells or Grants to turn them into a noir antihero
>>
>>44917010
More like crossdress men make things hard... for you.
>>
>>44917012
Who the fuck buys expensive beer and not hyper concentrated, cheap booze?
>>
>>44917012
>>44916982
Fucking fedoras trying to act all mature and noir by drinking "classic pub beer"
Drink bud light, you hipster bastards.
>>
>>44916665
this pasta is moldy
>>
>>44916954
> 20% of people lie
Beer has beem humanities freind since roughly 9000BC. Some of the first recorded prayers were about remembering the recipie for beer and praising the gods. Without beer humanity would not exist the way we know and love, how come that people don't atleast drink a beer once in their lives?
Heck, the earliest records of beer have all come from the middle east, the only reason they don't drink beer over there is because of Islam, which is one of the youngest religions around.
>>
>>44916931
Boy you sound like such a joy to be around, anyone you've arbitrarily excluded from your circle of friends because they decline to drink your shit water alcohol sure is missing out.
>>
File: 1446292308709.jpg (26 KB, 352x370) Image search: [Google]
1446292308709.jpg
26 KB, 352x370
>This thread

Is... Is it really that bad to be a teetotal?
>>
>>44917039
Beer has been humanity's friend right up until the point we discovered we could have clean drinking water without making it beer.

Then people stopped drinking nearly as often because clean, tasty fresh water is much more effective at quenching the people's thirst. And it keeps drunkenness-at-work down.
>>
>>44917020
Who the fuck doesn't just buy ethanol and something they want to mix it with?
>>
>>44917020
Men.
>>
>>44917029
Look, mate, drinking Bud is like having sex in a canoe. I want something that doesn't actually taste like near weak gnat's piss, yeah?
>>
>>44917052
I don't know. Retards?
Buy the most concentrated cheapest booze you can, and mix it. Doing anything else means you are shit with your money.
>>
>>44917039
Yeah yeah, you place a frankly disturbing level of importance on an inconsequential life decision, we get it.
>>
>>44917009
Yeah, people has trouble wanting to punch me. However everyone loves to kick your ugly stupid face. It's natural.
>>
>>44917049
> what are wells
Faggot is running out of arguments. How surprising.
>>
>>44917055
>yeah?
no.
You're drinking beer. Drink the fucking bud and enjoy your piss.
Don't try to act like your donkey piss tastes any better than the cow piss, you hipster freak.
>>
>>44917066
You do realize that wells historically had numerous problems with cleanliness and were generally used as a source of brewing, yeah?

Though, really, you are getting awfully emotionally invested when someone points out that beer drinking is on a decline. It's just not as useful nowadays as it has been in the past.
>>
>>44917039
How asspained do you have to be to call 20% of people liars just because they don't like the thing you like?
>>
>>44917067
Even the shitty pretend French lager I can buy at Asda dirt fucking cheap tastes better than bud! *And* it's more affordable than Bud!
>>
>>44917072
>west is becomimg a manchildren society knee deep in islam
>Beer consuption in decline
Not surprised
>>
>>44917096
Too bad. Drink your bud like a man. Acquire the taste, you pussy.
>>
File: 1412682150954.png (192 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1412682150954.png
192 KB, 1252x1252
>>44917105
Gr8, m8 8/8
>>
>>44917101
Oh, wait, it's australia time.
That explains all of your posts perfectly. Carry on.
>>
I don't get it, what's wrong with not liking alcohol? It's just a matter of personal taste, and nobody said you're incapable of having fun without alcohol in your system.
>>
>>44917105
Only if you first acquire a taste for surstromming.
>>
>>44917105
Fucking bud shills.
Go spread your piss-propaganda over on /b/.
>>
>>44917119
>too much of a manchild to enjoy a bud
Take off the fedora, drink the beer.
>>
>>44917121
This entire thread is one big shit post, just get out while you can
>>
>>44917134
Pretty sneaky, sis ;^)
>>
OP has to be a wind-up or complete nutter.

You don't even get Bud Lite in the UK, I imagine from the way he talks he's one of us, either that or he's one of them cringeworthy MLS "hooligan" types.
>>
>>44917123
What, so you can spread your own piss propaganda unimpeded?
If any piss is gonna be drank around here, it's gonna be proper non-hipster non-fedora bud light.

Acquire the taste. If you can't, then I know you will be a whiner in the group.
>>
>>44917121
Right, you know how someone will froth and enthuse about a show, like Buffy or Firefly, and when you admit you're not a fan, they say something like "wait, you *don't* like x?!"

It's like that.
>>
>>44917121
I mean no one has said it but we're all thinking it, ya?
>>
>>44917157
oh shit, you are right.
>>44916665
You beer fanboys should learn some shame.
You don't see me getting you to try bizzare bullshit I ordered off the internet that may or may not poison you, do you?
>>
>>44916931

So basically what you're saying here is that beer tastes awful but we should drink it until we like it anyway. Because you did.

I mean, I get the *point* of this Beer Test, to see if someone is socially adept enough to handle a normal social setting outside of gaming, but I for one don't really like to drink. If you offered to buy me one I might get something but maybe it won't be beer. I think you're too attached the the drink in particular and forgetting the purpose of the "test".
>>
>>44917169
Honestly, if someone is spending time acquiring tastes, acquiring a taste for BEER is a waste of fucking time.

What about -fish-? What about vegetables? What about fruits? have you ever eaten a snake? There are so many things your shitty upbringing didn't prepare you to eat that are DELICIOUS.
>>
>>44917047

Short answer: no.

Long answer: you probably will find a few doors open for you, socially or otherwise, if you find a drink you like if you're at a restaurant or bar or something with a group; especially if you aren't close friends. You don't have to drink more than one; hell, you don't have to finish it if you don't want to. I sometimes go for a hard cider. Sadly, people do think it's weird to completely teetotal, but you don't have to drink at home or with your friends or anything.
>>
>>44917072
>Not as useful
Sure helps me cope with my crippling depression
>>
The only booze I ever drank is absynthe because I was told it would give me the real shit dreams.
after extensive testing, it did not. Wormwood is bullshit.
>>
>>44917235
Let's see you say that again with a loaded gun on the table.
>>
>>44917235
You should get help instead of drinking yourself to death. Alternatively, this is 4chan so I'm obligated to say "keep drinking yourself to death faggot", but seriously don't.
>>
People saying beer is an acquired taste are obviously drinking the wrong kind of beer.
Come to San Diego and discover what a huge dumbfuck you really are
>>
>>44917296
I would argue that if it tastes good, it's not beer. It must be some other kind of drink that you just named beer.
>>
>>44917296
Live in San Diego, cannot confirm, beer still tastes like shit down here
>>
>>44917340

Have you explored breweries at all? Or just trust your friends when they tell you to drink basic IPAs as if they're the best thing ever?
>>
I literally only play TTRPGs in pubs. The local we use has really good food, good range of local craft beers, nice atmosphere. If someone is too awkward for that then they don't join, simple enough.
>>
>>44917365
I've got plenty of pretentious beer drinking friends who drag me from brewery to brewery promising the next one tastes good. They never fucking do.
>>
>>44917397
>craft beers
The other mouth fedora
>>
>>44917196
because most people get a taste for things growing up, or learn to try food, and then develop preferences along the way. "How do you know you dont like it if you dont try it" is kind of a parental go-to for kids, and they can't exactly hand a kid beer safely.

As for acquiring a taste for beer being a waste of time, there's thousands of varieties made from all sorts of shit giving a huge variety of flavors. It's very similar to finding different flavors of tea, or perhaps coffee, though my personal verdict is out for that one, having little experience with good coffee and all.
>>
>>44916665
One of my favorite players is a recovering alcoholic so you can fuck off OP
>>
>>44917443
this being said if people try and force it on you beyond basic hospitality they're faggots.
>>
>>44917365
Not that anon, but the issue could also be simply not liking beer.

The parameters determining your taste in food are really complex, so not liking the particular tastes that makes up beer is entirely possible.

I mean, the entire hysteria concerning liking or not liking beer or alcohol in general is only such an issue because of the historical and social issue. For example, if I like beer but dislike licorice, nobody's gonna bother me about not liking licorice. People just shrug and don't bother you about licorice again.

And yes, >>44917443 makes a good point, but much like some people will always hate licorice no matter how much they honestly give it a chance, some people will never ever like beer.

Also, concerning OP, much like >>44917169 made a point about, the test is of the player can handle a social situation outside the game, not if their combination of taste bud setup and upbringing is similar to yours.
>>
>>44917506

It's just ignorant to say "I don't like the taste of beer" when various styles can have absolutely nothing in common.
Chocolatey stouts have nothing in common with pisslagers like Bud, and I know a brewery that makes a beer that tastes like honey and flowers.
It's like saying "I don't like the taste of soup". Bitch, what soup?
>>
>>44917443
I drink real ale all the time, but couldn't tell you why I like the ones I drink. That conversation would go something like:
"How's the beer?"
"Nice, I like it."
"What's nice about it?"
"Tastes good."
"Okay, so why does it taste good?"
"Dunno. Nice, though."

I am a simple asperger, and I have simple tastes.
>>
>>44917615
enough soups that I am sick of people trying to get me to like their special favorite soup that is somehow different than all the other soups.
>>
>>44917615
your argument would have more taste if they weren't all alcohol and grain soup.
>>
>>44916665
I'm sure many of you can relate that finding someone to game with can be a bitch because so many gamers are a little... off.

I've been having problems filling some empty chairs, partly due to the first test - the weed test. If someone won't meet me at my place for a bong rip then they can just fuck off. Whats even worse is the guys who show up at my place but don't smoke even if I offer to roll them a joint. If you won't have a toke with me, you can fuck off.

>>
>>44917726
don't joke about that anon, /tg/ is whinefully straight edge about things like that.
>>
>>44917726
It's because of your Ned Flanders 'stache.
>>
>>44916665
Beer sucks. Buy me a cider and we'll talk.
>>
>>44917196
Tried a sea cucumber once. I nearly threw up because I'd been psyching myself up about how gross it'd be. After that initial reaction? Not bad. Not something I'd regularly eat, but not bad.
>>
>>44917615
No, it's like saying "I don't like the taste of chicken noodle soup." There's a million and one ways to do it, but in the end, if you don't like chicken or noodles you'll probably never taste one you like, and even if you do? You'll have eaten a lot of gross soup first.
>>
>>44916665
>666
Way to go Satan!!

Reminds me of the idiots that say "You're not a man if you don't smoke! Yo can't be with us if you don't smoke." Well, I'll catch up with you later, when you've got lung cancer faggot!
>>
>>44916931
So basically, "adquired test" is just stockholm syndrome?
You know, that explains a lot for Americans, considering their beer is pisswater.
>>
Come to think about it, has people been shat on for not liking coffee?

While I do love tea and I don't exactly hate coffee, but for some reason coffee makes me sleepy so I rely on tea as a pick-me-up.

Coffee also has lots of varieties and has its social meaning to it, after all.
Since I live somewhere where tea is more popular, maybe we can get some input from say, the Muricans?
>>
>>44919143
there is a cold war between the early birds and the coffee drinkers.

It's less a "you gotta drink coffee or you're not in the group thing" as "DAMN THAT EARLY WAKING JOHANNESBURG, ONE DAY I WILL FIND A METHOD OF SAPPING HIS VIGOR"
to which johannesburg replies "You'll have to wake up REAL EARLY if you want to try that, dickbag!" to which the coffee drinker shakes his fist while the early bird slides out of the scene.
>>
>>44919143
No, at least not that I've seen.

My friend is always tired, but never drinks coffee, even if he drops by starbucks or something.
When I questioned him about it, he said caffeine affects him greatly.

So at least with coffee, it's less about the actual taste and more about the caffeine inside it. And people in the US are diet and health crazy, so cutting caffeine out of a diet is probably pretty common.
>>
>>44917152

It'd have to have a taste for that to be possible though.
>>
>>44919421
it's got a very distinctly piss-like taste, if you would believe anyone in the thread.
>>
>>44916931
You're an idiot. I understand the purpose of the test, especially if you've been through some bad experiences. But why the fuck beer in particular ?
As previous anon said, you're forgetting the purpose of the test.
>>
>>44916665
Well, i won't drink beer, but if there's cider or kvass i'm okay with that.
>>
>>44919449
As a piss connoisseur, I can tell you it comes no where close.
>>
File: 1360076241712.gif (196 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1360076241712.gif
196 KB, 500x500
>>44916956
>on the rocks
I hate you, you insult my heritage and you sully the good name of whiskey.
>>
>>44917152
What if I want something than moderately priced piss but instead I what super cheap piss like PBR or I want something that tastes good like a hard cider or bluemoon or something?
>>
I don't drink. You wouldn't want me in your game, and I wouldn't want to play in your game.
>>
>>44916665
What happens if someone shows up and orders a fruity drink and an overpriced appetizer?
>>
>>44916814
Only strong, determined and healthy are allowed into glorious master race game. Cripples can fuck off too
>>
>>44916954
Has the US been already overrun with Muslims?
>>
>>44916931
>wheat beers

The patrician choice
>>
>>44916956

I prefer rum on the rocks to be honest family.
>>
>>44921265

If he shares, he's good people.
>>
I don't drink beer, I like cider instead.
>>
>>44921573
Chilled triple-filtered vodka is pretty nice
>>
Who here /ginandtonic/?
>>
>>44916742
I'd drink it. I've never had one before. Kind of curious if it lives down to the reputation.
>>
>>44921682
/tg/- tonic & gin
>>
>>44917169
>>44917887
These Anons do not understand the concept of an acquired taste.

What did you like when you were a kid? Fish fingers and tater tots, right? But wouldn't you say you developed a more complex taste since then? Some stuff that happened naturally, and some stuff you learned to like? Because that's basically how it goes. Yeah, beer is weird when you've been drinking soda since you were off your mother's tit. It takes some getting used to. It's quite bitter, after all. Especially children don't like bitter tastes, because many poisons are bitter. So when you're young, beer probably tastes a lot worse than when you're older.

There are things you have to learn to appreciate. Beer is just one of those things. If you don't like it, fine. But if you need to justify that by basically calling anyone who does like it an idiot, you're both salty and bitter.
>>
>>44922117
>But if you need to justify that by basically calling anyone who does like it an idiot, you're both salty and bitter.
I thought you liked salty and bitter things anon. You're not a child, are you?
>>
>>44916665
I'm a recovering alcoholic. Why would I share a pint with you?
>>
>>44922298
I don't eat people, Anon.
>>
>>44922117
Alcohol is literally poison, and intentionally inebriating yourself is a sign that you lack the skills to be social in any meaningful way.

It's sad that people feel a need to get drunk to "socialize" because they don't actually have anyone meaningful in their lives they can really discuss their thoughts and passions with, verses just two people talking at eachother and humoring one-another in turn.
>>
>>44916665
Maybe you could play with friends instead of people you need to apply an arbitrary test to, OP.
>>
>>44922498

Good friends don't always make good players. Same way good friends don't always make good roommates.
>>
>>44922558
They don't sound like very good friends if you can only stand them for a single evening.
>>
I just ask people to describe their last character and their last group, if they have any prior experience.

If they're new, they get accepted as long as they don't embarrass themselves somehow.
>>
>>44922440
Bait or autism?
>>
>>44922724
Autism is primarily an impairment to social interaction.

Getting drunk is basically a trial-period for being autistic, except it's addicting.

Alcoholics confirmed for wishing they were autistic.
>>
>>44916665
what if i show up, refuse the beer, but ask for a bottle of vodka instead?
>>
>>44922959
Then you'll have to pay for yourself, which is a stupid idea at a bar, shit's like $60.
>>
>>44916665
stale as fuck OP
>>
>>44922440
I myself do not like alcohol, it is an unfortunate side-effect of the world's greatest drinks. Doesn't help that I'm a total lightweight so I can't have all the delicious beer, wine, liqueur and whiskey I want.
>>
>>44916665
>you want a drink mang?
>sorry bro, never devloped the taste and i plan on driving home
>then fuck off m8

Seriously, what does this have to do with my ability to have fun around a tabletop if I prefer a coke to a bud. You don't sound very fun to play with.
>>
>>44916665
>Won't drink
>Not in my game

I don't drink and would like to play a game not as a forever GM. Your testing methods seem flawed.
>>
>>44917047
>Is... Is it really that bad to be a teetotal?

No just don't be an ass about it. Everyone who finds out I don't drink thinks i'll be a holier than thou asshat, when really all I will do is hang out with everyone till late and drive us all home - post club scram and all.

I used to pop disco biscuits, snort coke, smoke weed, smoke Dunhills (because classy amirite?) and go to metal clubs to down cheap WKD and Vodka Redbull knock offs before getting a kebab / pizza on the way home.

After 6 years of that I just up and quit everything. My vice now is vaping because I sure as shit have nothing else in my life that won't lead me into absolute fucked up territory.

Do I preach about it to people though? Fuck no.

Also if you are tee-total good luck finding a woman, i'm pretty sure women are programmed from birth to assume that clubbing is the end-all of existence.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 550x413
>>44916742
What about a Rainier?
>>
File: rainier-cherries[1].jpg (41 KB, 800x536) Image search: [Google]
rainier-cherries[1].jpg
41 KB, 800x536
>>44923718
Rainier's are pretty and tasty, sure.
>>
Fact of the day: Autists generally have a more sensitive sense of taste, and often dislike things for flavors neurotypicals can't taste. As a diagnosed Aspie, I can confirm this. I can acknowledge that there's a lot of differences in types of beer and wine; like most people, I've had a taste here and there. However, there was always an underlying, bitter-to-sour taste like rotten fruit. I'm going to guess that was the alcohol, given that I've tasted it in every alcoholic beverage I've tried. This is why I don't drink - not for health, not because I don't believe in it, but because I just don't like the taste of alcohol.
>>
>>44916665

I've been having problems filling some empty chairs, partly due to the first test - the skiball test. If someone won't meet me at Chuck E. Cheese's for a go at the ol' skiball machines then they can just fuck off. Whats even worse is the guys who show up at Chuck E. Cheese's but don't play even if I offer to buy them tokens. If you won't play skiball with me, you can fuck off.

>>
>>44923798

I get that you're mocking OP, but what kind of heartless monster doesn't like skeeball?
>>
>>44923864
And now you've discovered the reason for the skiball test.
>>
>>44917049
That's a common misconception. For one thing clean water was obtained from wells and medieval people were very good at knowing and teaching how to tell clean and dirty water apart. Secondly you can't brew with dirty water, a bacteria infection will utterly destroy beer.
>>
>>44923798
If you can't have fun playing skeeball with a person you shouldn't associate with at all
>>
>>44923754
> Autism fact: Austists are more special than you, normalfag.
>>
>>44922724
He's actually right, you know?

Alcohol causes a lot of deaths in the world that could be prevented.
I'm not advocating for complete abstinence, since that would make me a hypocrite, but not getting shitfaced would be better overall for the people...
>>
>>44920318
>whiskey
You'd better be Irish if you're going to spell whisky like that.
>>
>>44919143
Well, can't vouch for the majority of non-coffee-drinkers out there, but I personally avoid it, and black/green teas, at all costs.

Then again, I have this weird medical issue where my body responds to tannin like a lactose intolerant responds to milk, so I've kinda got my reasons. I do like herbal teas, though.
>>
>>44924084

You mean there's whiskey other than Jameson?

Marvelous what science can do these days!
>>
>>44924084
Both should be spared the perditions of ice cubes and chill filtering is at all possible, I must say I do prefer the Scottish whisky at my doorstep and should probably use that spelling. Sorry about the error I was somewhat upset.
>>
>>44916979
What if they ask for something crap but cheap to be polite?
>>
>>44924157
>avoid chill filtering
So avoid whisky in general?

Protip: they all have added colouring too.
>>
>>44916834
I also had too much of a good thing.
>>
>DUDE BEER LMAO

Kill yourself degenerate
>>
>>44917049
>Then people stopped drinking nearly as often because clean, tasty fresh water is much more effective at quenching the people's thirst. And it keeps drunkenness-at-work down.

Actually alcoholism rates spiked after the widespread introduction of gin, because people who casually drank 3-4 beers would try to do the same with gin and get spectacularly fucked-up, not understanding that the alcoholic content was much higher.
>>
>>44921682
amen though I'm settling for a Gin and sprite as I'm currently in the process of weathering a noreaster.
>>
>>44917055
>Look, mate, drinking Bud is like having sex in a canoe.
...how?
>>
>>44924548
I said if possible Anon we obviously have to make some concessions, Arran Distillery does lovely stuff with no chill filtering like it should be it's just nicer.
>>
>>44925280
It's fucking close to water.
>>
>>44925280
are you serious? ...in the case im not being trolled...both cases are fucking close to water.
>>
>>44916931
Beer drinkers are high schoolers who don't know what good alcohol tastes like. That shit tastes like water strained through a garbage bag. Drink liquor like an adult.
>>
>>44925490
Only terrible piss bear is like that, some nice dark ones are like tasting the Earth, but you know in a romanticised way not as in actual dirt.
>>
>>44925666

Terrible Piss Bear sounds like an amazing name for a garage band.
>>
>>44925955
Hi we're Terrible Piss Beer and this is a song about my ex "I'm Budweiser to your Tricks".
>>
>>44925997

Not Beer, Bear. Like the song title, though.
>>
File: SLJHappy.jpg (17 KB, 305x400) Image search: [Google]
SLJHappy.jpg
17 KB, 305x400
>>44925327
underrated post
>>
Can I get a sour?
>>
File: 1432358141282.png (214 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1432358141282.png
214 KB, 500x500
>>44916954
The sample group is people who answer mid day phone surveys
>>
File: 1447817651755.jpg (13 KB, 252x276) Image search: [Google]
1447817651755.jpg
13 KB, 252x276
>>44925327
Excellent
>>
File: Feels_917bdb_901101.jpg (41 KB, 475x360) Image search: [Google]
Feels_917bdb_901101.jpg
41 KB, 475x360
>>44921682
No matter how shitty and redneck the bar, I can always get a g&t that's at least passable.
>>
>>44921360
nope.
It's just, you know, after college they stop drinking.
Or they never drink in the first place, after seeing the vomitting retards alcohol produces.
>>
>>44926148
>tfw all the bars near where I live think sour is alcohol + squirt
>>
>>44926342
I wish I could say the same, but I went to a place and the girl behind the bar said she didn't know how to make one.
>>
>>44923901
anon, part of brewing is boiling, which kills bacteria.
THAT IS THE ENTIRE REASON BEER WAS SO POPULAR
>>
>>44926527
Not drinking in the last month is not the same as not drinking. Most people do slow down after college, mostly due to drinking buddies moving away and increasingly more severe hangovers.
>>
>>44926600
20% of completely free americans don't drink.
Probably because people who drink make fools out of themselves universally. Combine that with alcohol tasting bad, having severe health consequences, and lowering your performance at work, and it's actually really damn reasonable to not drink.
>>
>>44926552
>add gin
>add tonic
>???
>profit

Did you at least try to walk her through it? Was she mentally handicapped?
>>
>>44926571
A standard part of modern brewing is boiling, but the same can't be said for back when there wasn't a government-mandated food safety standard.
>>
>>44926625
>>44926200

Also do you have a link to this so called study?
>>
>>44926647
Boiling is literally one of the steps in the process of brewing beer.
And it was responsible for the widespread SPREAD of beer.
Source: Beer history
>>
>>44923718
Wheat beer or bust for me...sadly it's a pain in the ass to find a good hefeweizen in part of the country.
>>
>>44926663
The literal first link on google has numbers within 5% of what has been stated.
http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/alcohol-facts-and-statistics

Learn to internet.
>>
>>44926647
No, it also needed to break down sugars. Please quit talking out your ass.
>>
>>44926647
Brewing literally includes boiling historically you ignorant drunken cunt
>>
>>44926695
>self reported
>from 2013
>it says 13.2%
Also fuck me for not reading your mind to know which bullshit you were quoting
>>
>>44926795
From where I'm standing, he has a much stronger point than you.
I mean, he actually has a study.
>>
>>44926795
Where is your study stating that 100% of people who drink drink pub beer?
>>
OP sounds like the kind of guy who invites someone to drink, then after seeing the guy get a whiskey, suddenly gets passive aggressive and insecure. Just because nobody likes his low quality piss water.
>c-can't even handle tasting piss, l-like me!
>>
>>44922825
Except, as someone who has been diagnosed on the autism spectrum, I find it easier to loosen up and socialise after a pint or two.
>>
>>44926873
This, for real.
>>
>>44926812
Self reported studies aren't worth the paper they are written on, the study you posted contradicts what you said, and my only point is that the study you are quoting is bullshit

>>44926855
>pub beer
What are you talking about?
>>
>>44926907
>It was 7% off, it's contradicting!
Stop whining beerfag. You can't expect someone to give enough of a shit on the internet to look further than the first study google gives.
Especially when you refuse to get ANY yourself.
>>
So would you game with me /tg/? If we have cocktails I'll have a Long Island Iced Tea or a White Russian (depending on mood). If it's beer I like dark beers, my standard being guinness.
>>
>>44916665
>>44916931

You know, I think this is a good test from my perspective. You see, I don't drink. Had alcohol, didn't like it, and I had this crazy thought when I realized it was an "acquired taste": Why should I acquire this taste? It's an extra cost I don't need, I really, REALLY don't like the idea of mind-altering drugs (especially depressants, like alcohol, but basically anything harder than the caffeine in tea.), and if the history of my family is anything to go by I'll probably fuck up my liver if I get into it. I considered my place for a while, and realized that I didn't think my life would be better putting in the effort to like this thing, so I didn't and I won't.

I haven't got a damn thing against anyone who does drink. Unlike smoking (anything) it's not doing a damn thing to me. I'd go to a pub and hang out. Heck, I'd offer to drive so my drinking friend could have more. But if you offer me an ale or beer that's not ginger or root, I've got to pass on that.

And yet I think you've got a good test, because if you're the kind of dude who'd drop somebody for not sharing or sheeping your habits, you're probably someone I wouldn't enjoy my time at the gaming table with, beer or no.
>>
>>44927001
Actually, this.
What kind of freak drops someone for not enjoying their favorite drink?
>>
>>44926934
>my only point is the study you are quoting is bullshit

I don't need to post one. I can't stand faggots who grab random studies from google and accept that they are true without any sort of critical eye and on top of that act like it gives your argument weight.
>>
>>44927024
It gives the argument significant weight. Especially since it came from a national institute.

The guy who actually has any facts at all to back them up is the defacto winner VS the guy who refuses to do any reasearch. Like you!
>>
>>44927024
Is the reason you can't stand them because their argument is much more effective as a result of them quoting these things?
>>
>>44927056
>self
>fucking
>reported

They call people up at noon and take what ever they say as fact. Self reported studies have as much scientific weight to them as guesses.
>>
>>44927124
Yes, I know it sticks in your craw that you were too drunk to answer the survey.
However, as the only fact source anyone has felt necessary to provide, they are more right than the people talking literally out of their ass.
>>
>>44926950
>Guinness
My gentleman of nubian descent
Though it is true that it doesn't travel well
>>
>>44916665
>If someone won't meet me at the pub for a pint then they can just fuck off. Whats even worse is the guys who show up at the pub but don't drink even if I offer to buy them a pint. If you won't have a pint with me, you can fuck off.

.... the fuck is this supposed to prove?

If you want to "test" them just fucking invite them over you smug shithead.
If they're too weird, just "cancel" the game nights like normal people do.
The fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>44927203
>The fuck is wrong with you
Alcoholism
>>
>>44927151
If I posted a strawpoll to this thread it would be equally valid
>>
>>44927165

I rather like Black Velvets my self. Though I generally have to make them myself as most Bars don't know them.
>>
>>44927233
So, you were JUST bitching about authenticity and shit, but now you are backing a source that has an incredibly small one thread sample size?

Talk about a hypocrite.
>>
>>44927265
>backing
No, I'm pointing out how worthless self reported studies are by comparing it to an equally scientic method.
>>
>>44927322
As per your nitpicking, it is significantly less scientific due to being small in sample size in addition to being poll based.
If you weren't a hypocrite, you would find something that matches your standards on the topic.
>>
>>44927347
You can't ask him to do that, he's too drunk!
>>
>>44927264
Je suis, wine and stout is a strange concept
Would it not be pretty simple to make though? If the bar wasn't too busy of course
>>
>>44927347
The size is not the problem, it's inherent ability to lie built in to it. You are either being purposely obtuses or stupid beyond help. I have better things to be doing with my evening than arguing with you, so if you want to believe you won this argument, feel free to. Good day.
>>
>>44927441
>You are either being purposely obtuses or stupid beyond help
The same could be said for you, since you deal in absolutes and can't understand the concept of a sliding scale of more or less accurate.
>>
>>44916975
Yea and don't have sex before your married
>>
>>44927441
>>44927455
It's not a hard concept.

The guy talking out their ass is less accurate than the guy talking from a small sample size survey is less accurate than the guy talking from a large sample size survey.
>>
>>44927482
In the same way the guy who asked a psychic is more accurate than the people talking out their ass. Also he is the one making claims
>>
>>44927165
The house where I typically game I keep stocked with guinness. I know no one else drinks it. One friend doesn't drink beer but does drink. The other drinks beer but can't handle a stout.
>>
>>44927595
Asking people their opinions is a lot more reliable than asking a psychic, anon.
I don't think you actually understand this idea of a sliding scale at all.
>>
My last boss was a teetotaler. He was also ripped as fuck, coached track for fun, worked on vintage cars, and did photography as a side hobby. Now, I ain't gonna knock a man like that for his drink choices, he lives a happy life in his house that he owns without a wife he married early and now resents nor children sucking him dry.

Though to his credit, while he didn't drink, he would always come with to the bar and have a good time. I think that's the key: can you relax and enjoy yourself? Are you not a steaming cunt when you do so?
>>
>>44916954
>>>>in America
lmao, fucking proddies
>>
>poisoning your body because DUDE ALCOHOL LMAO
>>
>>44927020
>What kind of freak drops someone for not enjoying their favorite drink?
Stale copypasta?
>>
>>44929547
Alcohol is good for you
>>
>>44916665
What if they just don't drink?
>>
>>44929629
anon that statement has so many qualifiers and asterisks you might as well be a politician.
>>
>>44929675
not drinking is bad for you because it leads to terminal Bitchosis
>>
>>44929805
and now you're a frat boy politician.
>>
>>44916665

That's fine, the LSD blocks my ability to get drunk.
>>
>>44916931
Holy fucking shit you are such a fucking faggot Jesus fuck fuck off.
I'd be fucking cheering if I didn't pass your fucking "test"
>>
File: 1453348568078.png (126 KB, 522x522) Image search: [Google]
1453348568078.png
126 KB, 522x522
>>44929629
>>
File: b83.jpg (60 KB, 500x563) Image search: [Google]
b83.jpg
60 KB, 500x563
>>44923679
That's exactly what OP is doing though.

I find it odd that teetotalers are stereotyped as being preachy assholes when it's far more likely to be the case with drinkers. I don't think I've ever even met a preachy asshole teetotaler, whereas I encounter preachy asshole drinkers like OP all the time.

>WHY DON'T YOU DRINK BEER LOL
>DUDE DRINKING IS AWESOME YOU SHOULD TOTALLY GET DRUNK
>WHAT ARE YOU A FAG? LOL

No I just don't like the same beverage that you like. Fuck off.

Drinkers are worse than stoners in terms of being obnoxious about their habit. As far as I can tell DUDEWEEDLMAOS are just a meme boogeyman, whereas you can encounter DUDEBEERLMAOS every day depending on where you live.
>>
File: Carlos.jpg (48 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.jpg
48 KB, 720x480
>>44917047
>Is... Is it really that bad to be a teetotal?

It can be a little bit sobering
>>
File: 1444610268629.gif (912 KB, 240x176) Image search: [Google]
1444610268629.gif
912 KB, 240x176
>>44931964
>>
>>44916665
Bruh, fo sho. I usually preface it with, "you want a beer or something"?
Once playing 40k outside under cabana i had a guy say "wine".
>first thought was "here we go"
Me and the mrs. have a dozen bottles or so sitting around at any given time so I brought one out, a cab at 1230pm. Dude was super cool, lightweight though, only had half the bottle and was hilarious.
Another guy said "a margaritas would be great with the chips and salsa"
>read my mind, dude, did we just become best friends?
Got wasted and had a best flip contest into the pool
>>
>>44926625
i can say exactly the same about 4chan yet here we are
>>
I'm just saying, I'm enjoying myself and you're not. Clearly someone is winning this party.
>>
>>44933439
Just because you have one vice doesn't mean you need to have all of them.
>>
>>44919143
Yeah, I've been shit on for not liking coffee. But it's bitter as fuck and makes my organs hurt, why bother with that stupid mudwater?
>>
>>44916665
Never done the beer test before, but in one group I was in one of the players was an older gentleman who was a legit homebrewer, planning to make that his primary source of income upon retirement.

We were borderline academic about our alcohol after playing with him for so long. Our cheeses, too.
>>
>>44922117
Humans naturally develop a wider assortment of tolerable foods with age. You are damned ignorant for calling someone else an idiot. Beer is trash.
>>
>>44933576
because some people don't believe other people when they say "I don't like thing".
They think that if that person just had thing the RIGHT way, they'd like it.
>>
>>44916665
What of they were a teetotaler?
>>
>>44933616
Eh, fuck'em.
>>
>>44925490
You're kind of faggot that orders scotch on the rocks to look cool without knowing shit about scotch.

Beer is diverse as fuck and you don't know shit.
>>
>>44933771
It's fucking booze. You drink it to get boozed. Stop acting all pretentious about what type it is.
>>
>>44933590
>beer is trash

No
>>
>>44934025
Yes.
>>
>>44934144
Maybe.
>>
>>44934157
I don't know
>>
>>44922959
Why not both?
>>
>>44934245
could you repeat the question
>>
>>44916665
Holy fuck /tg/ how did this make you so upset?

It's a pretty simple concept guys, meeting someone in a non-gaming context to learn more about them and mitigated get the risk of a bad session by filtering your player base. Yes OP didn't do himself any favours but please think of your blood pressure, I know you like to bring up edge cases and poke hole but this is just a shitslinging contest now.
>>
>>44934627
It makes them upset for the same reason MLP makes them upset.
Nobody likes having someone else's favorite ponyshow/alcohol-and-grain-soup on them.
>>
>>44934627
Because he's saying that if someone doesn't drink, then he's not going to game with them, which means he's a holier-than-thou faggot.
>>
But I quit alcohol for new years.. God damn I want a beer fuck this thread.
>>
>>44916665
>Not a single person in this thread recognizes this is copypasta

Wew
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.