[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Pathfinder party has somehow come into possession of little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
My Pathfinder party has somehow come into possession of little over 5 million gold.

What the fuck to do with it?
>>
>>44878079
Hookers and blow.
>>
>>44878086
pls
>>
>>44878079
Gold plate a red dragon
Convince it to pose as an actual gold dragon in a scheme to get more gold (I doubt you'll need to convince it to let you gold plate it)
>>
>>44878079
Build epic shit.
>>
Buy some magic items, then invest to make that money grow.
>>
Use Wish to get a 5+ inherent bonus to all useful stats. Buy some ridiculous spellcasting rods for the casters. Use the crafting system to create some uberswords for your fighters
>>
>>44878175
Hookers and blows.
>>
File: 1377546797342.jpg (12 KB, 251x206) Image search: [Google]
1377546797342.jpg
12 KB, 251x206
Buy a class 5 interstellar starship
>>
Milfs and shotas.
>>
>>44878079
Hooks and bowls
>>
>>44878079

Buy all the world's grain.

Bury it to rot right before winter comes.

Fuck off to some wizard's pocket dimension and place bets on who emerges victorious from the conflict you've created.
>>
>>44878752
Best tastes
>>
>>44878079
Drop it on someone they don't like. Repeat until there's no one left that you want flattened.
>>
Buy better versions of your "big six" magic items.
>>
Have the party member with the lowest overall int/wis, etc, run into a mystery salesman that is actually a demon while carrying/having control of most of the money.
>>
>>44879206
on a scale of 1 to 10 on how made I would be, the scale would exceed the grading criteria.
>>
>>44879234
I-I mean mad, yea.
>>
Buy your way into power somewhere, begin turning a city into your party's stronghold. You could set an entire campaign arc around doing so.
>>
>>44879206
>>44879234
>PC runs into a succubus gold digger
>Turns out she wants to eat both theirs souls and their money
>>
>>44878079
Crash the global economy.
>>
>>44879342
>eat their souls and their money.

That succubus is either gona have one hell of a stomache ache, or I don't know shit about Succubi.
>>
>>44879342
>>44879606
>Gold digger succubi, demons of both greed and lust, equally able and willing to digest both souls and anything expensive
I like that idea
>>
The most badass base money can buy, complete with construct guardians and whatnot.
>>
>>44879606
Given outsiders don't need to eat, their metabolism, if you can call it that, is probably very different from material creatures
And given succubi are known to feed off of exotic things like souls and given the odd plants and animals native to the lower planes, odds are they can process a wide variety of "inedible" materials
>>
>>44879711
that sounds pretty cool, as she grows her body becomes a thing of beauty in it's adornments and her natural aspects, her demonic horns and wings turning into living gold. Maybe even encrusted with various jewels should they choose.
>>
Commission an airship with lightning cannons.
>>
Smelt it into weapons/armor
>>
>>44879606
Tieflings in Planescape can canonically eat and digest minerals, dirt, and ash. I don't see why a full fiend couldn't eat precious gems.
>>
>>44879810
>>44879785
You think above could happen if they kept that up? be full on personifications of greed?
>>
>>44878079
Does rings of sustenance exist in pathfinder?
If yes, buy as many rings as possible and distribute among the poor.
Then sit back and watch.

If no, Hookers and blow.
>>
>>44879785
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking
Like she starts out hot but the more she gets you to spend on her (and the more she eat of it), the more spectacular her body becomes, in any human disguise her skin takes on a not quite unnatural, yet alluring sheen, "makeup" that is actually tiny gemstones, dyes, and other materials begins enhancing her beauty, and her body is adorned with more and more jewelry, while her real form becomes equal parts flesh, gems, precious metals, cloth, stone, and any other sign of wealth, all while her form is adorned with opulent "body jewelry" encrusted directly in her

All the while she gets her chosen victim wrapped more and more around her finger as they bankrupts themselves, fawning over her and giving her opulent gifts until they have nothing left to give and beg her to stay before she tricks them into offering up their soul to her

>>44879810
Huh, that's good to know, a succubus with "expensive tastes" could work then

>>44879955
Probably, I'd allow it at least.
Have a succubus with expensive tastes eventually morphing into something of both greed and lust sounds like an interesting demon, though now I'm trying to think of how to handle the transformation, if it should just be a new type of demon or something like a prestige class where the more levels the further along the metamorphosis they are
>>
>>44880109
Hmm... could be just the demon learning to understand another aspect, greed and lust are not to far apart to see them not connected, some would say another sin is better but these demonic sin subtypes are a fascinating subject.
>>
>>44880185
Well, I'd kinda want there to be some mechanical benefit/effect to a succubi becoming both a demon of lust and greed, and I'd say the two sins both fall under the umbrella of desire, along with gluttony but that's a whole other can of worms, (though if the succubi literally eats expensive things then they may fall under gluttony as well)
Actually, the more I think about it the more you could combine lust, greed, and gluttony into hedonism and that's another idea

But back to my main point, I do feel that if a succubus becoming a gold digger succubus would change how she looks there should be some mechanical effect, if only to make fighting her more thematic, like her being more powerful around "gifts" she's been given, though that's just me
>>
Can rust monsters eat gold? There's an idea.

Or how are they going to transport all this? Have a whole adventure about them trying to safely go somewhere with this loot. It would have to be a big caravan. Lots of opportunity for them to have stuff stolen.

A group of 30 brigands with donkeys could run off with a TON of money.
>>
>>44878079
Whores.
>>
>>44878269
They think they're better than golds though.
Bargain down to using red-gold to goldplate it.
>>
>>44880536
>Can rust monsters eat gold?
I don't recall the monster entry specifically, but I'd imagine not considering that gold will never rust or tarnish naturally. In terms of chemistry, gold is incredibly unreactive.
>>
>gold is 50 pieces per pound
>have 100000 pounds of gold
Huh, that's a fucking retarded amount of gold. First you need to figure out how to even transport it.
>>
>>44880816
>>44880536
They can eat any metal.
>>
>>44880838
set up a bank
hire loyal mercenaries
become even more rich
>>
>>44880536
They don't need to
There was this monster that ate gold while looking like it
It also reproduced quickly
>>
>>44878079
Invest it at the Dragon Bank
>>
>all i want is a man who can cum diamonds, is that too too much to ask?
>>
>>44878079
YOU, have a storytime to tell that I want to hear

How the bloody fuck did this happen. I want to hear the tale of your blunder
>>
>>44878079
Buy a kingdom.
>>
File: jackpot guy.jpg (8 KB, 211x200) Image search: [Google]
jackpot guy.jpg
8 KB, 211x200
>>44882045
Let's just say the party's sorcerer opened a gate to another plane below a pile of gold in a powerful empire's treasury.
>>
>>44880109
>her skin takes on a not quite unnatural, yet alluring sheen, "makeup" that is actually tiny gemstones
Or it just makes her titties bigger
>>
>>44880109
Best part?
She's not even fucking the guy.
>>
>>44883305
That too, but it'd be a bit boring if that's all
would they jingle like a sack full of coins?

>>44883707
Teases him near constantly and makes him (and his wallet) ache every inch of the way
>>
>>44878079

If you read my advice on GMing ("Play Dirty"), you'll see that the best GMs can turn a situation where the players think they've "won" the game against them in such a way that the players will willingly divest themselves of what broke the game in the first place.

For instance:

If the PCs have any family, kidnap them and hold them for ransom. The players will attempt a rescue, of course, instead of paying. As soon as the kidnappers are aware a rescue attempt is under way, have them kill the family member in such a way that they cannot be raised from the dead. Then have another family member kidnapped; after their failure to rescue the first one, they're much more likely to pay the ransom the second time.

Magical plagues are great. Try one where the PCs are essentially allergic to gold. Each gold piece near them deals damage. Since they obviously can't be there themselves to guard it, have large chunks of the treasure stolen away, if the PCs don't give it away themselves. Alternatively, the PCs become allergic to their magical items due to overexposure. They have to buy all-new ones.

Do the PCs have a castle? Natural disasters happen all the time, and buying a new castle is awful expensive. Castles catch on fire a LOT, so feel free to have a kitchen fire get out of control and gut the structure while the PCs are out adventuring.

Does the party have a bard? Four words words: Magically Enforced Child Support.

In all of these cases, the players are choosing to divest themselves of the gold in order to avoid something more painful than the simple loss of gold. THAT'S good GMing right there.
>>
>>44884222
>If the PCs have family, kidnap and kill them
>If the PCs have money, steal it with BS gold-allergy
>If the PCs have magic items, force them to sell them through bullshit "overexposure"

>THAT'S good GMing right there.

Nigga wut??
>>
>>44884419

Part of being a good GM is making up for your own mistakes. Letting your players get their hands on that much money - or even a tenth as much money - is a tremendous mistake. Good roleplaying is about the quest to find treasures, not actually having them available. Therefore, it's good GMing to find plausible, in-character reasons for PCs to divest themselves of the things you mistakenly gave them. Plus it makes a better story that way. We remember the Vegas gamblers who came to the table with nothing, won it all, lost it, won it back, and lost it again far more than we remember the guy who came to the table, won big, and went home and never gambled again, after all. Taking things away from your players makes for a far more memorable interactive story experience.
>>
>>44885935
Making mistakes to fix other mistakes rarely works out
>>
>>44887742

Taking things away from PCs is never a mistake. The trials they go through to get their precious thing(s) back are a ready-made emergent story. Almost nothing works better as a motivator for a group, so really, if you're not taking things away from players, you're probably a pretty irresponsible GM.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.