[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ D&D 5th edition general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: tank's life.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tank's life.jpg
165 KB, 1280x720
I fucking made dinner and none of you cucks made a new thread in the meanwhile Edition

>Core rulebooks, adventure modules, Unearthed Arcana
https://mega.nz#F!UVkTnT5b!FJ34UZ98BMY2mEtexenS7g

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>OGL and SRD for 5e
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd

>Dungeon Masters Guild, buy and sell 5e shit using Wizard IPs
http://dmsguild.com

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/curse-strahd
>>
>>44877050
Compelled duel is the best thing ever.
>>
Thank you based OP

At level 14, how would you make (or break) an effective Elven Monk-lock (shadows / Archfey)?
>>
>>44877101
I wouldn't. Makes me MAD, Senpai.
>>
>>44877147
It's an NPC, go nuts.
>>
Is MKing into sorc from UDL lock viable?
>>44877147
Ohyou.jpg
>>
Are there any cool stuff you can do with the command spell? It's seems to be kinda limited to anything really fun. Or maybe I'm justa retard.
>>
>>44877188
>>44877147
>>44877101

NPC is a caretaker / main boss of an undead sanctuary that my players are about to go through. It fits with the story, and I was looking to do some Hex + Flurry of Blows shenanigans. Was hoping to find some more suggestions / ideas on how to make him more effective at taking down a group of adventurers, including magic items and/or feats.
>>
I want to make a High Elf Fighter. If I choose the Sentinel fighting style, is Booming Blade the best possible choice for my one cantrip? Especially if I go with an archetype other than Eldritch Knight?

If I *don't* go with Sentinel, what would be a good alternative? Archery doesn't effect spell attacks, does it? So I wouldn't be able to use it with Ray of Frost and perpetually dance out of range of counterattacks.
>>
If you are unarmed, can you take an attack with both fists (or multiple unarmed attacks) as if you are "Dual Wielding"?
>>
>>44877287

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: Noooooooooooooooooo.
>>
>>44877287
No, you can't. Otherwise, monks would have an extra attack from day 1. Of course, you can act it out and say that you hit whatever you're hitting with two punches when you describe your actions on your turn.
>>
>DMsG material
Is it just me, or is half of the "hot sellers" list sub-par shit thrown together and charged a flat rate, while a lot of the good stuff is PWYW and ranked lower because $0.00 contributions don't count as "sales"?

Obviously, some of the hot sellers are legitimately good, but it seems suspiciously skewed.
>>
>>44877235
sleep, run, trip, fall, pause, etc.
>>
As a Paladin, longsword and shield, or glaive?
>>
>>44877101
>>44877272
If I told you that one of the most optimal builds would be to go Monk 8 / Warlock 2 / Assassin Rogue 3 / Ambuscade Ranger 1, with maxed Dex, as much Wis as you can manage and 13 Cha; and fight with extremely annoying guerilla tactics, what would you say?
>>
>>44877598
Why Ambuscade?
>>
>>44877235
Divulge, mutiny, approach (if facing a squishy), throw (when they're holding only a weapon, especially one that doesn't lend itself to being thrown), desecrate (if they're a priest or paladin or they're anywhere near anything holy), or treason (which depending on the context might get them to buff you).

And something that's always worth trying is asking your DM if there is a way to say what you want in a single word in a language other than common that the two of you share. It might work in some cases. Maybe elves have a single word way to say "cast a 9th level spell on an ant over there" or something like that. They might arbitrate it based on a dice roll.
>>
>>44877615
So you get two rounds for which your target of choice is surprised, and for which your Assassinate class feature applies.

If you open with move in, Hex, Attack (end turn), Attack, Flurry, move away, you attack 6 times for a potential total of 24d6+30 damage (or more if you're not unarmed).
>>
I'm DMing for my first time tonight. I'm so excited and nervous.

What kind of loot do you think 1st level adventurers would find on a ghost ship? I'm thinking the obvious ship navigators tools and such, but I don't know where to go from there.

Also I want to have a section where the spirit inhabiting the ship they're on leaves, causing the ship to fall apart. But I'm clueless about what to do if one of the party members fails their athletics/acrobatics check to escape. Any ideas?
>>
>>44877722
Oh, yeah
That's pretty good
>>
>>44877278
Sentinel is a feat, not a Fighting Style.
>>
>>44877278

Are you going to do Eldritch Knight or one of the other archetypes?

Imo EK is the best choice for a FIghter if you're going to try and 'tank'. More cantrips to use (Lightning Lure, Green-Flame Blade especially), more spells to lock things down with. Battle Master maneuvers are deceptive because you don't really want to waste your time using Goading Attack, and the only 'good' one is Menacing Attack which fails on certain enemy types..

But yes, Booming Blade is solid, especially with Sentinel. Grab Polearm Master if you want further lock down. Your AC being lower might seem very un-tank-like, but consider it an incentive for the DM to focus on you instead of say, a Monk or Wizard. If your defenses are TOO high I've found they usually ignore you and go for the easier to hit enemies.
>>
>>44877799

>easier to hit party members*

Plus you can throw out Shield to off-set using a two-hander, or a shield and Shield to no-sell a lot of attacks.

Warcaster might be worth looking into but I'm not 100% sure how it will interact with Booming Blade and Sentinel.
>>
>>44877732
A pirate's hat that doubles their swim speed. Or really, any magic doodad/armor that doubles swim speed.

Also: cursed captain's sabre thirsting for vengeance against a specific foe. Used as quest hook.

Or: mechanical speaking parrot.

Or: an empty chest which creates an illusion of being filled with unimaginable wealth.

Or: a map to treasure.

Or: a ring/cape/cloak which allows a player to polymorph into a hammerhead shark for an hour per day.
>>
>>44877799
To use polearms with booming blade you need both battle caster and possibly spell sniper.
>>
>>44877732
And if the fail, looks like someone else is jumping in to save them.
>>
>>44877862
Oh, I love the shark ring idea! That would also help solve my problem with the boat collapse sequence, since they could turn into a shark to escape the wreckage.

>>44877914
Perfect! I can cut away from them while everyone else escapes or have one of the party members come back and grab them.
>>
>>44877235
For my Inquisitor, my go to are:

>Kneel
>Confess
>Weep
>Strip
>>
So I was having a ponder about the state of summoning in 5e, and I was wondering about how it could be made less of a problem for the action economy. The first thought that came to mind is to make more summoning spells along the lines of the current ones (maybe adding the Summon Monster I-IX spells back in), and adding the stipulation that summoners can't move while they have active summons. Summon spells would require concentration, as usual.

Is this too limiting? Is this still too powerful? I'd really like to do a Summoner archetype for the wizard without the eidolon fuckery from PF.
>>
>>44877732
Do it skill challenge style, where if you fail you lose in this case a hit die. If you have no hit die, then you take that much damage. If you go unconscious someone else has to pay the price to save you. You could all die here if you suck enough. Call it exhaustion freezing cold and falling debris, as well as some loss of spirit being sucked into the underworld along with the ghost.
>>
>>44877598
I like that, I was already trying to implement darkness-assisted hit-and run tactics. As animu as possible.
>>
>>44877722
>>44877615
>>44877598
Where is Ambuscade Ranger?
>>
>>44878049
Command: safe words are for pussies.
>>
File: BBEG Undead Drummer.jpg (326 KB, 900x1455) Image search: [Google]
BBEG Undead Drummer.jpg
326 KB, 900x1455
Stat him, or suggestions for a good statblock to cop? Any ideas for good Legendary Actions or Lair Actions?
>>
>>44877287
You can if you're a monk.

It's part of the martial arts feature. You get to make an unarmed strike as a bonus action provided you hit with your first attack.

>>44877350 didn't read the book. It's conditional, but it's allowed.
>>
>>44878447
Are you referring to the Flurry of Blows ability?
>>
I know there's a fluff-happy asshole who's been hating on the genie sorcerer in the DMsG, but I read the PDF and it has... issues. I think.

For instance, one of the features confers resistance to a condition. Unless I've been reading them wrong, the core rules say that resistance applies to damage types only; resistance to a condition is instead worded as advantage on the saving throw to avoid the condition. I know this is a bit pedantic, but I think it's important.

Is there a way to provide this feedback without shitting up the comments? There doesn't seem to be a private messaging option
>>
>>44878488
No, I'm referring to martial arts. Flurry of blows is entirely separate.

One of the effects of Martial Arts is that you can make an unarmed strike as a bonus action on your turn after you've successfully hit with a monk weapon or unarmed strike.
>>
Aside from Tavern Brawler, what ways are there to increase improvised weapon damage?
>>
>>44878549
>Is there a way to provide this feedback without shitting up the comments? There doesn't seem to be a private messaging option
No, why would you? The whole point of the comments and review section is to provide that type of feedback.
>>
>>44878488
PHB page 78:

>When you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on your turn you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action. For example, if you take the Attack action and attack with a quarter-staff, you can also make an unarmed strike as a bonus action, assuming you haven't already taken a bonus action this turn,
>>
>>44878652
Use improvised weapons that resemble actual weapons.
>>
>>44878652
Become really good at convincing your DM that X = Z
>>
>>44878666
>why would you?
Largely because the description says it's a work in progress, he's updated the PDF before, and I'd like the comment not to follow the material long after it gets fixed.

But OK.
>>
>>44878691
>>44878720
Bummer.

I had an idea for a character that exclusively uses random junk as weapons, but I guess there's not much support for it.
>>
>>44878652
You can hold two weapons, you can ask your DM if you can get your table leg enchanted, you can use the appropriate fighting style/feat for a great weapons/ one handed weapons/ dual-wielded weapons,
>>
So, my intention is to play a minotaur paladin with a halberd and polearm mastery, my stat spread at the moment is:
Str:14(+2 from minotaur)
Dex:10
Con:12
Int:12(could be reduced to 10)
Wis:10
Cha:14
And I have one point left over, which I could use to increase anything but cha or str by one, but this results in an odd number, and if possible I would like to eliminate them. Is it worth to increase con to 13 and take the resilient feat to con at level 8? Any suggestions how I could spread my stats otherwise?
>>
>>44878779
You can still use random junk as weapons. You just won't be as effective for doing so.

If improvised weapons were as effective, there wouldn't be actual weapons.
>>
>>44878851
>If improvised weapons were as effective, there wouldn't be actual weapons.

But there's a difference between improvised weapons are just as good as real weapons, and "improvised weapons can be just as good as real weapons with a specifically focused series of character options taken in lieu of possible alternatives".
>>
>>44878779
I want to do this too, but I don't want to be useless in combat, so my iteration of this idea involves starting friendly, overall non-destructive fights in bars with a friendly PC/NPC as an entertainment profession.
>>
>>44878806
Go with Con or Int if you want to pick up the Magic initiate feat later on picking up 3 spells that scale well.
For example Expeditious retreat as lvl 1 , firebolt and shocking grasp or ray of frost.
>>
File: 1426026390787.gif (2 MB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
1426026390787.gif
2 MB, 288x216
>>44878806
>Is it worth to increase con to 13 and take the resilient feat to con at level 8?
>mfw I took Resilient on my human Paladin and had 16 in Str, Con and Cha
>mfw assuming I don't take hits above 22 damage, only a botch would break my concentration
>mfw my huge fucking saves

DUES VULT
>>
Just read the PHB feat section again and:
>Spears don't benefit from Pole-arm mastery

Who the fuck thought that this was a good idea?
Probably the same guy who changed Water-whip and Eternal mountain defense in the Errata and fucked up Wot4E monks.
>>
>>44879169
The same guy who thought "spear really shouldn't have reach"
>>
File: u7eOpOe.jpg (545 KB, 1736x2456) Image search: [Google]
u7eOpOe.jpg
545 KB, 1736x2456
A castle is built by a rich human noble on an elven burial ground. Its been six months since anyone has heard from the Lord, or any of his subjects in the castle.

>What happened to everyone?
>How many and what type of undead now lurk the halls?
>WHY is there a pic related somewhere on the grounds?
>>
>>44879169
The guy that ruined tridents.
>>
>>44879248
Please give me the lore on how Sharkenbears come to exist.

Please and thank you.
>>
>>44879196
This as well.

Why do spears lack range?
Did they mix up spears and javelins maybe?
A halberd is shorter on average than a spears which were used in combat or hunting.
>>
>>44877865

You can still do Booming Blade on your turn, then use your reaction to smack them if they try to leave plus the Booming Blade damage. Likewise, have an ally use a fear or Command spell and make them move thus triggering both.
>>
>>44879317

>Pool of wild-magic tainted waters in the middle of the.....forest-coast?
>Necromancer-MadScientist having fun
>Conjure Animals / Create Undead spell gone wrong (or oh so right) as cast by random cultists
>Basically, a wizard did it.
>>
>>44879294
Yeah i noticed.
Some guy probably though ''Oh noes being able to throw these weapons and giving the reach would be totally unbalanced. Let's not give them reach yeah.''
>>
Anybody have any experiences in 5e with a player wanting to play a Wight?
>>
>>44879457
Nope.
>>
>>44879457
Not really, but I was entertaining the idea of running a not!Dark Souls game where all the players were Revenants.
>>
File: sw50sw8sw578.gif (177 KB, 150x134) Image search: [Google]
sw50sw8sw578.gif
177 KB, 150x134
>>44879457
>>
File: 1449700108932.jpg (76 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
1449700108932.jpg
76 KB, 1024x640
>>44877573
our paladin in our party swaps it up depending on if he needs +2 AC or not
>>
If I want a familiar as a BM fighter should I go magic initiate or ritual caster?
>>
>>44880170
I expect Ritual Caster will generally be more useful, unless you've got Wizard cantrips you really want to have.
>>
>>44880170
If you want some utility cantrips, magic initiate. If you want utility rituals, ritual caster. Ritual caster might be better for you overall, since you can get alarm, ritual, identify, and a bunch of other really useful things.
>>
friends want to play a campaign
What's a cool thing to play? I've only played DnD a few times before, and 5e only once.
>>
>>44880299
What does he want to do?
You have an idea?
>>
File: 1452796156073.jpg (607 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452796156073.jpg
607 KB, 848x1200
I'm DMing a pretty promising group and they just hit 3rd level. I want to give each PC their own little scene to explain their new found abilities.

For our Warlock, he's taking pact of the chain. Any ideas for how I could represent him gaining this power in world?
>>
>>44880299
If you are all relatively new

check out the starter set

its one of the better modules 5e made too
>>
>>44880377
What is the patron?
>>
File: 1452204519741.jpg (356 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452204519741.jpg
356 KB, 1920x1080
Curse of Strahd
>Levels 1-10
>Default vampire is CR 13

Huh.
>>
>>44880372
>>44880396
sorry, I mean class combination
I'm open to anything really
>>
>>44880377
>>44880405
Yeah, each patron would have their own contract. Perhaps the patron contacts him with a hint or mission, and grants him greater powers in exchange.
>>
>>44880414
You mean multiclass?
Can be a bit tough for a new player, but it can be done.
I love the Shadow Monk/Rogue Assassin for this sweet ninja feel.
Paladin/Warlock is strong and has a fun theme.
>>
>>44878806
How many points are you doing? 'Cause that is all really low for standard point buy.
>>
File: exdeathpeeks.png (22 KB, 138x157) Image search: [Google]
exdeathpeeks.png
22 KB, 138x157
>>44880467
>paladin/warlock
Tell me more.
>>
>>44880423
>>44880405

His patron is Abraxas, The Unfathomable

My plan was for him to be transported to a strange dark, endless library where Abraxas would speak to him throught the pages of various books and blind monks copying texts.

Originally he was going to take path of the Tome, so he was going to get a book from this library but that has changed.
>>
>>44880492
Well, for the min-max side, you can use warlock spellslot to smite. Warlock spellslot go back on short rest. So you can smite all day long.

For the theme, I love a good paladin of vengeance taking a pact with a fiend or a paladin of ancients taking a pact with a fey.
>>
>>44878888
That would be terrible. Losing out on character options to be AS effective as a character WITHOUT any character options.
>>
>>44880484
27 the str total is actually 16, should probably had specified that better.
>>
>>44880414
well, Champion 3/anything is a safe dip
>>
>>44880408
I just played a game with 10th level characters, and we kicked the shit out of a vampire and a pair of beholder zombies.
>>
>>44880498
You could make a blind monk walk toward him as Abraxas speak with a small cage containing a familiar.
Two monks then take the hand of the warlock and put a chain on it. They take the familiar and put the other end of the chain on him.
The chain then disappear and all that is left is a small tattoo on the wrist of the warlock.
>>
>>44880559
Yeah, vampires aren't absurd if you're using their weaknesses.

It's very situational. But I dunno, I don't feel like Strath's venture should be easy enough that 1st levels can go through it. And too easy for level 11s.
>>
File: 1452803592177.jpg (838 KB, 642x1024) Image search: [Google]
1452803592177.jpg
838 KB, 642x1024
>>44880567

Okay, so give it a physical mark, I like that!

Thanks!
>>
>>44880551
Only for classes that use weapons. Casters will find the level 3 feature useless.

Still a pretty competitive 3rd-level dip, along with Assassin Rogue 3, Devotion or Vengeance Paladin 3, and Satire Bard 3. Casters will prefer Dragon Sorcerer 3, or a dip of fewer levels.
>>
>>44880626
I don't recall exploiting their weaknesses.
Although I was running a Darkness/Devil's Sight game that I'm not entirely sure the DM was prepared for. I'm so happy I got to test out 2 Warlock/8 Shadow Monk
>>
>>44880408
sun sword and holy symbol of Ravenkind

Strahd keeps 2 vampire obliterating artifacts in his castle at all times
>>
File: 1418186821602.jpg (236 KB, 680x1014) Image search: [Google]
1418186821602.jpg
236 KB, 680x1014
>>44880681
I played a Shadow Monk myself, as a result of a deal, I became a vampire myself.

I didn't even get legendary actions/resistance, it seemed really, really good.

I dunno, I feel like if that vampire was careful, he could just whittle you down with mist form and 20 regen.
>>
>>44879248
>undead
>breathe both air and underwater

... duh, how should I put it?
>>
>>44880662
Speaking of dip, I want to make another dip for my shadow monk 8/rogue assassin 3
My aim was to go at least 14 in monk for Diamond Soul.
>>
>>44880537
Ah, that makes sense. You should consider actually dropping some of your attributes. A 0 isn't much better than a -1. You want to have good str, con, and cha. Dex does nothing for you. Also, is this a homebrew minotaur or Unearthed Arcana? Do you have a racial bonus other than +2 to str?
>>
File: 1441859338238.jpg (301 KB, 1280x1968) Image search: [Google]
1441859338238.jpg
301 KB, 1280x1968
>>44880713
Fair enough.

Seems risky, but I guess if he can't destroy them.

Still, I like Castlevania too much to want this to be easy.
>>
>>44880737
unearthed arcana, I get +1 to str and another one to either str, wis or int.
>>
>>44880735
In 5e, there is no undead type.

Lots of undead can be hurt by poison or disease, for example.
>>
>>44880799
I think his point was just that it SHOULDN'T breathe.
>>
>>44880764

that and to get the objects the heroes have to go inside his castle.
>castle map too big to upload

http://dnd.wizards.com/sites/default/files/media/map_ravenloft1.jpg

I'm assuming this going to be pretty much an updated I6.

the important holy items were in random locations determined by tarokka readings
>>
File: 1441082947147.gif (237 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1441082947147.gif
237 KB, 320x320
>>44880837
And my point was that in 5e, being undead =/= not breathing. I guess it breathes, but can also breathe air and water.
>>
>>44880799
No, i am pretty sure there is an undead type. Open the monster manual, or look at the turn undead cleric feature. Also most undead have Undead Nature as a trait.
>>
>>44880736
Best 1 level dip, bar none, is the Ambuscade Ranger. Assuming your DM isn't an idiot and doesn't let that shit fly, there aren't many other great 1 level dips aside from Barbarian for damage resistance during Rage and Fighter for quick and dirty access to a Fighting Style.

That said, if you have at least 13 Cha, you could dip Warlock so you can Hex for massive damage past the surprise round.

I could also see an argument for Tunnel Fighter if you're the only melee in your group, because with Polearm Master, you can hit melee enemies with a Stunning Strike OA as they enter range unlimited times, thus potentially denying all their turns entirely. You'd end up sacrificing damage from Flurries for some next-level melee control.

Otherwise, you may want to simply take another level in Rogue for the ASI or feat, or another level in Monk just for that 1 additional ki point.
>>
>>44877272
If its an NPC just give him the abilities you want him to have and use the monster builder rules in the DMG to adjust his CR accordingly.
>>
is it worth at all to roll hp per level, or just go with the static increases?
>>
>>44881036
depends on what you think of risk vs reward
>>
>>44881036
Rolling HP can be risky and averages out .5 lower than the listed average (due to how averages on dice work). I've been fucked over too many times anymore so I usually take the average, personally.
>>
>>44881018
I was thinking of just doing that as well. That'll probably be easier.
>>
>>44881036
Just take the the given increase. If you feel you must roll, roll 2nd level hp gain, cry, then take the average for the rest of your levels.
>>
File: 1450530117213.jpg (136 KB, 852x950) Image search: [Google]
1450530117213.jpg
136 KB, 852x950
Is the heavy armor feat worth it for the -3 damage reduction? or is just splitting the ASI a better idea? Lvl4 EK btw

Stat Spread is
Str: 15
Dex: 16
Con: 13
Int: 16
Wis: 12
Cha: 10
>>
>>44881421
I'd say in your case, getting that 16 Str and Con is worth more than the feat.
>>
>>44881421
i think the armor feat is worth it.

why do you have 15 str and 16 dex though? your stats are actually really high but weirdly placed, especially if you're a heavy armor user.
>>
so there's the variant sailor: pirate background would it be a good idea to have a monk with this background?
>>
>>44881599
sure why not, it could work for any class
>>
>>44881599

It'd be no problem. Its an unusal combination, but monks can fit into a pirate campaign/character just fine. Just had a session yesterday with one actually and he turned out pretty well.
>>
>>44881467
kinda had a run in with a werewolf at level 2 and caught wolf aids...
>>
>>44881652
ah

well

if theres no risk of you destroying your heavy armor by transforming, i think 3/- dr is pretty great, even into higher levels. although the higher level part is a point of contention for most people.
>>
>>44881682
plenty of risk but im gonna try to wiggle with my dm and get custom armor thatll grow when i unleash the furry
>>
>>44881652
In that case your werewolf damage immunities may make the feat useless.
>>
>>44881751
i thought a lycanthrope had tose just while in hybrid or animal form?
>>
>>44881421
The feat is pretty OP at level 1, but scales terribly. Everything starts dealing more and more damage per hit, while your damage reduction is static.
>>
So I'm running a sort of side quest campaign to go alongside a main story-line. In the simplest explanation: City is experiencing a whole lot of non-ordinary dangers, fears it may be overcome by the simplest of enemies (goblins, kobolds, Kuo-Toa, and possibly a large enemy to finish it) because thief/wizard big bad guy stole a bunch of powerful artifacts and is equipping those enemies with them, in order to make them a big threat to the city. Party has to find out who's doing it and stop him. Level range for this quest is from 3-6 probably. Anyone got cool ideas for magic things that could be given to goblins and shit to make them hard/interesting enemies for 3 level 3 players?
>>
>>44881888
It's still functionally 3 extra hit points per physical attack that hits you. It works really well with 5e's hit point scaling imo.
>>
Anyone got a collection of DM's guild PDFs?
>>
>>44882164
No, but you could make one if you felt inclined to.
>>
Hey quick question, I'm switching my group over from 3.5 to 5, is there a published way of making a dragonborn/half-dragon PC, or should I just homebrew a race?
>>
>>44882396
Dragonborn is a core race. It's in the PHB.
>>
>>44882396
You could try the "Dragonborn" race.
>>
>>44881966
Remember that any magic item they have the players will have a chance to steal, so you should make it either be destroyed or not that useful later.

A good candidate is having low level spellcasters with much stronger scrolls than they should have (nondamaging ones, maybe stuff like walls). You could also have two goblins riding a tonned down apparatus of kwalish, it fits both the intents of them being much harder than normal, coming out of nowhere and the idea of them desperately trying to learn how to operate the thing is amusing. You could probably have some of them riding the thing from outside, with slings and ranged attacks.
Your players will alss not be able to use it, since they'll have to destroy before dealing with the goblins.
>>
>>44882419
>>44882549
Well I feel dumb.
>>
>>44882656
I was thinking of a wand that can turn only willing small or tiny creatures into medium sized ones. So possibly there could be a boss goblin using it to make all of the goblins into larger ones that could possibly share the stats of bugbears perhaps... Any way that could backfire if the players get a hold of it?
>>
>>44882960
Unless one of them is a halfling or the like, no. Remember that the advantages of going from small to medium aren't that big as before (Unless you are using a spell for it). They probably won't abuse it much.
>>
Is the "extra feats" that's #3 on DM's guild right now any good?
>>
>>44882960
The Enlarge/Reduce spell also does that, but its effects are somewhat different:
>Enlarge. The target’s size doubles in all dimensions, and its weight is multiplied by eight. This growth increases its size by one category—from Medium to Large, for example. If there isn’t enough room for the target to double its size, the creature or object attains the maximum possible size in the space available. Until the spell ends, the target also has advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws. The target’s weapons also grow to match its new size. While these weapons are enlarged, the target’s attacks with them deal 1d4 extra damage.
Supposing the players have a Str-based Halfling or Gnome character, grappling would suddenly become hilarious for them. GWF or Elemental Adept also interact strangely with the added 1d4 damage.

But the biggest thing I'd worry about is if you have a Druid or caster with a familiar, supposing, as you proposed, that the spell effect allows Tiny creatures to skip right to Medium.
>>
Anyone have any suggestions for a One character adventure with for a Level 6 Rogue, currently in Luskan?
>>
>>44883415
Tactical espionage action, with an rival Rogue trying to upstage him on his own turf.

At one point, one character or the other must be faced with the decision to either uphold the honor among thieves and help their (possibly) much-hated adversary escape an otherwise inescapable situation, or else leave their captured counterpart to the hands of the law.
>>
Is a solo non-caster BBEG even viable against a party of 4? I want them to have a fight that has finality to it and show how powerful the villain is but also don't want the him to be steamrolled by stuns and shit.
>>
>>44883615
Perfect! Thank you so much. I'm gonna have them infiltrating a mansion for an artifact, stumble on a child slavery ring, yadda yadda yadda and we'll go from there.
>>
>>44879169
>Errata
>fucked up Wot4E monks.
Shit after shit, Anon.
>>
>>44883751
Go with the boss phases design. Double his HP into two separate health pools. While he's using his first health pool he has one turn in the initiative.

Whenever that health pool gets depleted, he moves on to the second one and all status effects on him end. In this phase give him a second turn in the initiative between the other party members.

You can also have his tactics, power, and even appearance change between pools. Or they could stay the same. Sky's the limit.
>>
>>44882736
good
>>
>>44883751
You could give it resistances or immunities to some status effects. For instance, the Bugbear Chief has the following ability:
>Heart of Hruggek. The bugbear has advantage on saving throws against being charmed, frightened, paralyzed, poisoned, stunned, or put to sleep.
Don't forget to give it Legendary Actions to further fuck up your players.
>>
>>44883751
>>44883823
i will say that the main issue is that either

a) the villain hits with the strength of 4 PCs, to balance out the 4v1 aspect of the boss fight, which makes him probably capable of felling PCs in one or two hits, which maybe it would be balanced in that the party could defeat him before he kills all of them, but hes too powerful to be fun

or 2) in order to prevent one he just doesn't hit very hard, making it more a chore to work through his massive HP pool than a real challenge for the players

most video games solve this by giving the boss (if human sized) multiple modes he switches between, some kind of trap or cannon or something which he either activates periodically or he jumps to the edge of the arena to fight pcs with, or they give him lots of minions he spawns to add more hp and damage to the arena, without his damage being so massive that he can just kill a PC a turn.

maybe let the bbeg have a means of splitting up the party, ie have him fight them in a maze in which he can segment off members of the party, or stun them, or something such that hes fighting not 4v1 at all times, but a rotating cast of 2 or 3 v 1, which lets individual characters have to make decisions versus the boss (ie one character cant just be the healer, the paladin might have to pick up the slack, making the ranger the tank, or while the wizard is off stuck in a segment of the maze fighting slimes, the paladin might have to pick up the pace smiting)

to add to that, you can let the bbeg have some means of healing himself, such that in making the party trade roles, they have to come up with ways to deal damage even with their rogue stunned or their wizard fallen through a trap door.

your shifting maze could even just be the bbeg is on a cliff over a pool of water 20 feet below that is deep enough that the pcs dont take falling damage when he shoves them into it, but its tall enough that they cant easily climb it and walking back takes time. or a huge shield
>>
>>44879248
reddit, the monster
>>
>>44884167
>>44883874
>>44883823
Thanks for the advice, stages definitely seems like a good idea
>>
>>44883751
Damage mitigation that isn't just more HP / AC
>Resistance / Immunity
>Regeneration
>Damage reflection

Alter the battlefield
>Collapsing ceiling
>Hole(s) opening up in the ground
>Stone Wall / Pillar creation or equivalently fluffed battlefield control

Add more creatures
>Abilities that turn players against each other
>Legendary action that switches place with a PC
>Summoning mooks mid-fight
>If (s)he gets low, summons a monster to continue fighting PCs while he gets away.
>>
>>44884411
Considering it's from r/UnearthedArcana which produces content 1000% better than anything here, you're not wrong.
>>
File: chaotic evil halfling.webm (489 KB, 202x360) Image search: [Google]
chaotic evil halfling.webm
489 KB, 202x360
these guys are mean
>>
>>44884543
>r/UnearthedArcana
ill go look now, well see how great it is
>>
>>44878414
Roll up a bard, level whatever

Pick appropriate spells

Give him the ability to call up undead at will or something as a legendary action, or cause killed undead to revive in his lair
>>
>>44884651
> Warlock
> Pact of the DM

I don't know what I was expecting.
>>
>>44885087
Yea there's a ratfolk race (1 of 2 on the front page, they love rat people for some reason) that is strictly better than the halfling race (and steals some of its features). It's trash.
>>
I'm going to play a variant human dex-based archer fighter. Which feat would you pic at level 1? Sharpshooter is obvious but I would consider other ideas, maybe Observant?
>>
>>44885087
>>44885138
i mean... 99% of homebrew is basically like that...

reddit is no different...
>>
>>44885180
But homebrew is the lifeblood of the community!
>>
>>44885179
I adore sharpshooter combined with the archery fighting style, even from a flavor standpoint. "I'm not that strong or well-known yet, but I am already near the pinnacle of archery ability."

You could also potentially go Martial Adept, since it nets you an extra superiority die in the long-run and lets you do trick shots earlier.
>>
>>44885179
You a scout? Take Skilled just for the fuck of it, be proficient in 11 skills as a variant human.
>>
>>44885138
Doesn't the DMG use the example of replacing halflings with anthropomorphic rats as an example of reskinning a race..?

>>44885180
The alternate crafting rules are interesting, and significantly more fun to work with than "you make 5gp progress per day crafting the item you're working on." I'll have to run these by my DM and see what he thinks of using these for economy building
>>
>>44885264
Doesn't your mom give the example of me being your dad, because I fucked her and came in her 23 years ago, so you shut the fuck up around me you little shit.
>>
>>44881637
>>44881645
Jurt checked with the dm he says its a no-go because monks are lawful and pirates are chaotic
>>
>>44885404
From what I understand your background could be something your character did before he started adventuring.

Maybe your monk was a murdering, thieving pirate that wanted to repent so he joined some monastery to find inner peace or some shit.
>>
>>44885404
Your DM a shit. Find a new one.
>>
>>44885404
>2016
>Unironically using alignment to restrict player choice
Abandon Group
>>
>>44883751
This is what legendary actions are for. They let a boss NPC act 3 extra times per turn.
>>
>>44885489
All I really wanted pirate for was to commit minor crimes and not get caught. Normal sailor still gives me perception and free boat rides for the party. it fits his strict alignment restrictions too.
>>
>>44885636
It's not going to get better.
>>
>>44885646
I'll be sure to tell my tale in a story thread. Might just recreate waterworld because my monk's love of the sea.
>>
>>44885751
Will watch for you. Godspeed, Mariner. May Dryland find you.
>>
>>44885794
He said he had almost no plan now its water world.
>>
How well do absolute hordes of tiny bastards hold up their CR?
On a related note, what are some fun ways an entire full sized golbin/kobold/whatever lair may adapt to or plot around an adventuring party?
-I'm referring to shit like getting 20 of them roasted in a fireball then returning with barrels of blasting powder strapped to the 12 unluckiest/dumbest goblins who then charge the players

The party in question is 8th level so no cloudkill to worry about yet, are there other really brutal mass killing/infinite murder machine spells that I should take into consideration?
>>
>>44877050
I've heard good things about the module in the starter set. But, is the starter set worth getting if you have the actual books (PHB, DMG, MM)?

I like to have hard copy stuff...but I'm wondering if there is any other justification for buying the starter set.
>>
>>44878074

If you were playing at my table you'd never be able to dodge the magic rocks from the sky.
>>
>>44885943
Anytime you see someone talking about running builds like that, you know they've never actually played the game, because any self-respecting DM would shut it down instantly.
>>
>>44885939
No. You get an outdated version of the basic rules, pregens that you can from the official website, the module, and a set of dice. And the box, if that matters.
>>
>>44885978
You know sadly I've met plenty of GMs who would allow that

GMs who are new/easy to push around and will allow anything if you guilt them/play the "I'm more 'Experienced'" card

GMs who do that shit themselves

GMs who have real heavy misconceptions of what's powerful, what's not powerful, and what's permissible (For example one such GM hated AC builds of all things because they're hard to hit and has at least once stated that he feels that fighters are broken in 3.x for reasons my mind must have erased out of fear as I honestly can't recall them)
>>
>>44886060
>NoBiggie.mme
>>
>>44886115
I'm afraid I'm missing this reference
>>
A brief query, /5eg/ - I'm trying to build a sonic mage, and I'm quickly finding a pathetic dearth of actual spells that inflict Thunder damage in 5e. The Paladin has Thundering Smite and Destructive Wave, but those are exclusive to the aforementioned class; for the rest of everyone it looks like you're stuck with Thunderwave, Chromatic Orb, and Shatter in the PH, Thunderclap (a cantrip version of Thunderwave) in the Elemental Companion, and Booming Blade (which requires a melee attack) in the SCAG.

This is making it remarkably hard to make the sonic-magic bard I was hoping to build. Am I legitimately missing some grand list of thunder spells, or are they really that rare? I suppose it makes some sense that Thunder damage is rare, what with how uncommon *resistance* to Thunder damage is in this game, but you'd think it would show up in more than half a dozen spells!
>>
>>44886060
I functionally do not allow multiclassing in the games I run. If you want to multi-class there has to be an in game, at that time, reason for you to add a new class. There has to be an RP reason that relates to what is happening in game at the time.

The campaign is currently set in some elf wood and you have been adventuring there for awhile and are buddies with the elf ranger guys? We can talk about your picking up Ranger.

You got killed and are searching for a way to not be dead...the idea of selling your soul to an outer being and picking up Warlock comes to mind? We can talk.

But just doing it for the theory crafting of it? No.
>>
>>44886542
Ask your DM if you can swap out damage types on some of your spells. Scorching ray can be sonic rays, fireball is a much bigger shatter, cone of cold is a much bigger thunderwave, and so on.
>>
Underdeveloped 5e hooks anyone? Let's get some ideas going and flesh stuff out.

>fighting cultists when one of them hits PC with a slow acting poison. Party goes to local alchemist for help, but he's secretly a high-ranking member of the same cult. His prescribed antidote isn't an antidote at all.

>PC's uncle dies, inherits his small keep. The keep is haunted, animated skeletons everywhere

>Demonic lord cucked by antipaladin, seeks party's help for revenge
>>
>>44886604
As a DM that is how I would handle it.
>>
>>44886604
A thunder damage cantrip with 120 ft. range should do 1d8 damage, to balance the fact that it's harder to resist. Fire is often the best in raw damage, but only because it's easily resistible. Don't cheat! Play the game the way it was designed!
>>
>>44886604
I like the way you think, anon - though I've been trying to focus on RAW approaches. I'm beginning to think my Bass Bard may have to emphasize the "Glowsticks and lasers" aspects of music too, and thus will also have some radiant and pretty spells like Dancing Lights, Hypnotic Pattern, and the more intense of the Image series.
>>
>>44886683
>>PC's uncle dies, inherits his small keep. The keep is haunted, animated skeletons everywhere
Go full Castlevania. There's a necromancer in the basement, there's a ballroom filled with dancing ghosts, and the top of the main tower has a crazed doctor in it who has brought a flesh golem to life.
>>
File: spookshot.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
spookshot.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>44886683
>animated skeletons everywhere
>>
>>44885264
>The alternate crafting rules are interesting, and significantly more fun to work with than "you make 5gp progress per day crafting the item you're working on." I'll have to run these by my DM and see what he thinks of using these for economy building
so like i said, 1% is good
>>
>>44877287
No, because unarmed attacks aren't "light" weapon attacks. If you had the two weapon fighter feat, I actually would okay it. That said, it would be totally garbage as an option for fighting. 1+str/1 as normal unless you have the two weapon fighting style.
>>
>>44885604
>>44885489
i agree with these guys honestly
>>
>>44877050
Nice Dark Souls pic.

Which reminds me, has anyone here either made or wanted to make a Dark souls themed campaign? I think if done right it could be awesome but I'm also a huge souls fan so my opinion is probably very biased.
>>
>>44886856
>Dark souls themed campaign
>>/v/
>>
>>44886856
this is currently being discussed on at least 3 threads i've read today

it comes up a lot, anon kun
>>
>>44885893
Well the funny thing about it is most likely the party members have probably only slightly improved their AC since early lvl. (The highest possible ac without magic items is 21 and the average tank starts with 18 or 19 ac.) In theory then any low CR enemy with pack tactics or lots of traps could take out a party with sheer swarm and death by 1000 cuts type of battle tactics. Of course this would basically have to be the party VS an entire kobold civilization with to truly be a challenge for an 8th lvl party. Sounds like it could be fun though.
>>
>>44886891
I visit /V/ on occasion but I generally stick to /tg/ for DnD discussion.

>>44886901
Ok then. I just got on shortly ago and this is the first thread I hopped into. I figured it might be discussed some but I personally don't see it discussed outside of /v/ that often.
>>
>>44887041
sorry i wasn't trying to be snippy about saying it comes up a lot.

you're amongst brothers here, just start a thread about it. the ones i've seen lately haven't been /dark souls d20 general/ or whatever as far as i can remember.
>>
File: Dark Souls.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44886856
Here's a homebrew doc that I started ages ago but never finished. Use it as you will.
>>
>>44887090
Nah you're good. I don't think i'll start a thread but if one pops up i'll pop over to it for a bit.

>>44887127
Thank you, i'll give it a read.
>>
>>44887127
That looks very interesting.
>>
>>44887127
Can you post a greyscale one with a plain white background?
>>
File: sif.jpg (210 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
sif.jpg
210 KB, 500x707
>>44877050
Hey /5eg/, I'm running a one-on-one game for my girlfriend and I allowed her to suggest an NPC ally she might want to have me run for her while she grows more accustomed to the game. What we sort of came to hinges on the opening quest hook, where the player character's home town is cursed by a powerful witch to take the shape of beasts of the wood, and she is trying to track down this witch to have her undo the curse (she was uneffected because of the mcguffin powers of her town's weakened patron nature spirit.)

So the working plan thus far is to have her NPC assistant to be a wolf that was once a member of the town's holy guard, with the ultimate goal of having him relearn how to fight with a longsword clenched in his maw (ala DaS Sif) so he can retain some sense of his humanity.

The player's character is starting at level three (ranger) and I wanted to make sure I can have this wolf-guy keep up with her and support her, but I wasn't quite sure about how I wanted to go about it other than just considering a wolf to have weapon proficiency with a longsword and be considered to be "two-handing" it while it holds it in it's jaw. Should I just have this wolf creature progress in HD, or should I actually have it progress in PC levels (paladin, most likely)? Should I do something inbetween and give it a handful of powers off the paladin class list (detect good and evil, fighting style, etc)?
>>
File: Dark Souls.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44887187
Here you go (not completely greyscale, but it doesn't have the background). It looks like it has more stuff added to it compared to the other one, as well.
>>
File: the_blind_sorcerer_by_dogaxiii.jpg (186 KB, 900x1550) Image search: [Google]
the_blind_sorcerer_by_dogaxiii.jpg
186 KB, 900x1550
Hello, /tg/, first time posting here and a newbie DM that only ran Lost Mines of Phandelver!

One of my players wants to play a blind sorcerer. I dont't want to shut him down as I found the idea interesting, but I'm having trouble balancing it to make the idea possible. I'm thinking about giving him blindsight 15ft because of his "heightened senses", an starting feat as if he chose Variant Human and having him spend X sorcery points to expand his blindsight to 30ft for Xd4 hours.
Do you guys have any ideas on how to make this character viable?
>>
is 5e great f.ams? I'm so tired of pathfinder and want to move on, but only to something hopefully better
>>
>>44887375
It is, but whether you like it or not depends on what you want out of a fantasy RPG.
>>
>>44887367
>Buddy asks to play mechanical shitshow
>>Do you guys have any ideas on how to make this character viable?
Stop.
>>
File: badass old man.jpg (152 KB, 900x1179) Image search: [Google]
badass old man.jpg
152 KB, 900x1179
A buddy of mine wants to play a Strength-based monk in my next game and I want to accommodate him. My initial idea is to change most of the monk's Wisdom-based stuff (Unarmored Defense, class feature saves) so it draws from Constitution instead, and while that means higher HP, he'll still have lower AC from his lower Dexterity. Thinking of giving a small AC bonus that increases as he gains levels, like 3.5/PF monks had.
>>
>>44887475
Moses has been lifting, I see.
>>
>>44886754
>[Belmonting Intensifies]
>Vampire Slayer.mp3
>>
Classless 5e?
>>
>>44887367
You can't target a foe with a spell if you are blind. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I might suggest giving him clouded, poor vision (so that he can't make spot checks or target things outside a certain range and takes a passive penalty to perception,) but making him blind, and then give him abilities that have to do with perception defeats the whole purpose.

Maybe give him clouded vision (elder scrolls style) then some other kind of fun feat that doesn't have to do with perception.

This doesn't sound so much like a sorcerer thing so much as something I could see happening to a warlock anyways.
>>
>>44887553
No.
>>
>>44887553
You'd have to rebuild the game from the ground up to make it classless.
>>
>>44887553
>Not DnD?
FTFY
>>
>>44887553
The SRD is covered under OGL so if you want to do it, by all means. Doesn't mean anyone will like it, though.
>>
>>44887553
Why?

No, for real. Why bother with 5e at this point?
>>
>>44887367
He takes magic initiate gets find familiar as a level 1 spell and sees through its' eyes. Make it a free action instead of a standard.
>>
>>44887475
If he lets his Dex go to shit because "much str-based fighter," that lower AC is on him. None of the monk's features rely solely on Dex anyway, it's just a class-enabled stat substitution.

If you're trying to say he wants to be a big, dumb facebeater that punches, I'd throw barbarian and monk into a blender and see what comes out.
>>
Can you only move your hex the turn right after you kill something? DM claims this is the intended rule, but that seems very silly to me considering the possible duration of the spell. You'd lose it after the first battle you fought.
>>
>>44887475
>>44887713
I agree with this anon.

Monk is barely dex based. If you really want to let him use con+dex for his AC a la barbarian but otherwise don't just give him constitution based DC for his checks that's going to turn very unbalanced.
>>
>>44887730
No, you can switch it any time after a target drops to 0 and you retain concentration on it.
>>
>>44887730
Your DM can't read. Concentration can last as long as you want, but in most cases it's assumed that players stop concentrating when, say, a combat is over. The wording of the spell says "any time after a target drops to 0 hit points," meaning that no, ending after one target dies is not the intended use at all.
>>
>>44887713
>Cobra Kai Monk
I can dig it.
>>
What kind of character(race, class, background combination) would be good to play with a group of new people?
I was planning to make a generic hero who's a tough guy, but now I realize that I want to play an "ice breaker" character. So, other new players have fun playing with me as their party member.
>>
>>44887817
Concentration isn't indefinite as it is bound to the duration of a spell.
>>
>>44888011
Are you fun to play alongside?
>>
>>44888073
Yes.
>>
>>44888011
Be the crafter/healer and play a wise old patron. Who just wants to help out. Bard or wizard.
>>
Which class is the most kawaii?
>>
Devotion Paladin's don't seem to have a real theme. They're not especially tanky, but they have some defensive abilities. They're not especially striker-y, but they have some offensive abilities.
What would you say is the theme or specialty of the devotion paladin?
>>
>>44888123
Then play something that doesn't hog the spotlight but still sounds fun to play. For example, I started with a land druid support caster who used shillelagh for damage and had a solid good guy personality. Some of the other characters liked me, some didn't, but I only ever solidly butted heads with other players when I foresaw their actions leading in a self-destructive direction.

So far, it's been fun, and the group is pretty comfortable with me. As this happens, don't be afraid to make some parts of your character stand out more.
>>
>>44888232
8 year old female bard playing a recorder with an acceptable level of skill.
>>
>>44888246
Honesty, courage, compassion, honor, and duty.
>>
>>44888011
Paladin playing the old cop taking on rookies and teaching them the ropes. Planning on retiring after one last adventure.

Or think something like what Ice Cube was in 21 jump street.
>>
>>44887817
He doesn't think it ends after one target dies, he thinks it ends after you finish the encounter and have no enemies left to hex. I'm pretty sure it ought to be able to be carried between encounters, but he disagrees.

>>44887794
Thanks.
>>
What are some magic item combos that would end the world?
>>
>>44888232
Lightfoot halfling sorcerer with slightly baggy robes and a huge wizard hat.
>>
File: nice cutlass.jpg (457 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
nice cutlass.jpg
457 KB, 1280x853
>>44877732
A magical cutlass(the corsair weapon of choice) with a mundane but cool property, some examples ideas:

- If pointed to the north, the blade glows in a red tone (which is visible even in daylight).

-The cutlass and it's scabbard are completely hydrophobic, as in any liquid that touches them slides right of and can never be wet( you could extend this to the user, but I could see smart players abusing it).

- Let's you speak with parrots, seagulls and other sea birds. To the wielder It feels like talking in common, however to everyone else you seem to be making weird bird sounds and screeches.

- It allows the wielder to attack without the underwater fighting penalties(this only works if the wielder is not an aquatic creature)

Personally I will be keeping the bird talk one for my game, I hope you have fun!
>>
>>44888390
If you had enough bags of holdings and portable holes you could rig them all together to make a black hole that would consume the world. Alternatively if a necromancer found the wand of orcus and a tome of creating flesh golems the world would definitely get alot more spooky.
>>
Quick question, before I give bad advice:

Rogue has Expertise in Perception. Does Expertise affect passive perception?
>>
>>44888561
Yes. Passive checks are "10 + all modifiers that normally apply to the check."
>>
>>44888481
I wonder what would happen if you used an enlarge potion on an alchemist jug
>>
>>44880857
"Undead Nature. Neither a vampire nor a vampire
spawn requires air."

Every undead monster in the monster manual has this in the description, please go read the book.
>>
rolled stats of 15, 14, 14, 12, 9, 9
human or v human?
can it work for a life cleric?
>>
>>44888561
Page 175 of the DMG says yes. Treat any passive check as if they had rolled a 10 plus all their normal modifiers. Advantage/disadvantage gives +/- 5
>>
>>44885636
Inform your DM that alignment restrictions no longer exist for classes in 5e. Hell, alignment is hardly a thing even. Nothing interact with it mechanically beyond roleplaying according to it so your DM might grant you inspiration.
>>
>>44888635
PHB**
>>
>>44888582
I would say you would have a larger jug temporarily which would mean more mayonnaise for the party, but it could also make it to where your alchemist jug makes an enlarge potion once a day if you will it to.

On a side note I just want to say the alchemist jug is my favorite noncombat magic item.
>>
>>44885404
>Not having Lawful Evil pirates that always live by the pirate code.
>>
>>44888561
Yes. Your passive perception is always your perception score plus 10.
>>
>>44879317
A sharknado and a bearnami slammed full force into each other on the coastline, throwing the resulting sharkenbears far and wide across the land.
>>
>>44888676
Lawful evil pirate monks that use barfights as meditation and pillaging as a sign of generosity.
>>
>>44888630
Variant human life cleric would work grand.

put your +1's in wis and str, make your stat array 15 str, 9 dex, 14 con, int and cha get 12 and 9 (dealers choice), and 16 wis. Take a feat that will boost your str like heavy armor master or tavern brawler. You could switch str and wis and take a feat that boosts wis but there are not many feats that boost wisdom that you as a cleric would need (observant is the only feat I can think of that you could use, which would be helpful with your high wis.)
>>
So if I make a war cleric I will mostly be casting right? If I want a melee gish I should look elsewhere?
>>
>>44885404
>Pirates
>Chaotic

Maybe in his shitty fiction.
Pirates may have been of all sorts of people, but had actual codes that they followed to the letter.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_code

Make a case with your DM, and if he says no fuck him and get better DM.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.