[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can the Emperor of mankind be cloned?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10
It was possible with Horus, so I dont see why not for the emperor.

And if it were possible, then what would be the outcome in your opinion, /tg/?

Pic not related. Thought it was funny.
>>
We never find out how much like the old Horus was retained in the clone from the talon of Horus.
>>
>>44855832
Psychic potential on this level has almost nothing to do with genetic structure bar the mutations that allow them to withstand their own powers without exploding or some shit, so yes, but he wouldn't be a particularly impressive Psyker.
>>
>>44855873
But isnt psykic capability based on genetics? Dont you have to be born with the genes to even be able to have a connection to the warp?
>>
>>44855898
Psychic ability itself is almost entirely based on the size and consistency of one's soul, however most Psykers seems to be born with a biology that assists them in the control of this power, often in the form of an inherent biological Warp-resistance.

Sources that support this: Psyker souls possessing more psychic energy. Eldar possessing psychic abilities without a body. Psykers switching bodies and still retaining their powers.
>>
>>44855873
i kind of wonder whether they couldn't just clone the emperor a new body and just move his soul over to that one so he doesn't have to fuck around rotting on the golden throne all the time. Then i remind myself that GW is a pile of terrible crap that can't into advancing plot worth shit.
>>
>>44855945
The idea that the universe would be any better if the Emperor got off the Golden Throne is fallacious. The whole point is he could off himself at any point, he has the power, but right now he needs to focus his entire existence on holding the Chaos Gods back. If the Emperor was healed and got off the Golden Throne, unlike what most people who don't put any thought into this scenario think, Chaos would win due to the lack of chains keeping them from murdering reality.
>>
>>44855945
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the end game for how they're going to try and save the Emperor, but it's "too risky" or something.
>>
>>44855961
>allowing the guy to run off of halfassed power
>not spending less then 5 seconds to switch shit so he could just curbstomp the clowns that be.
reminder horus backed by the full power of ALL the chaos gods got completely fucked by the emperor once serious, if the emperor could pull his head out of his ass for a bit and think about it, he should just try to recover a bit and then go do something like implode the eye of terror or some equivalent horrifying shit.
>>
disregarding any reason why it wouldn't work or wouldn't happen, in the 40k universe I can only assume that if big E was cloned, civil war and "BURN, HERETIC!!!!", would likely ensue.

>"FOR THE EMPEROR!"
> "WHICH ONE?"
>>
Does the emperor even have a name?
What would they call the 40k reboot?

Age of .............
>>
>>44855986
You do have a point. Emps was holding back during the original fight, so he could have the power to get things back together.
>>
>>44855986
>Backed by the full power of all the Chaos Gods
>Greater Daemons are a part of their Chaos God, a fragment

Gonna need a source that states the Chaos Gods were there in full, rather than a fragment of their power or an avatar or some shit. 'Cause right now everything points to each individual Chaos God being galaxy-tier and capable of performing feats that made the mortal Emperor look like an upstart.
>>
>>44855986
But he's prepapring for that
he has been eating psykers for millenia and soon he'll take a trip to the eye of terror to get rid of the exlposive diarrhea that has been building up inside him ever since
>>
>>44856012
>Emps gets off the throne
>Starts soul speeding to Eye of terror

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY, I NEED TO TAKE A SHIT!"
>>
>>44856004
I thought the chaos gods could never truly inhabit real space, but during the horus heresy they sent all the resources they could command
>>
>>44856027
If only they would advance the lore by having the emperor power shit all over abbadon
>>
>>44856028
Yes, on a galaxy-wide scale, too, Daemons and their power spread across entire Segmentums, then suddenly their greatest champion is killed, there's a short paragraph about the Chaos Gods reeling and suddenly Emperor fags are all "hurr, he's stronger than all 4 put together!" When, given what we've actually seen, each individual Chaos God was more powerful than the Emperor before the Golden Throne.
>>
>>44856040
>Before the golden throne

So the psyker food he's been getting is going to make a difference? Not being sarcastic, its a legitimate question.

>Emperor Fags

No one is saying he is stronger than the four. Its the fact that he destroyed Horus utterly when he decided to no longer to hold back. The fact that he can destroy a soul utterly (aka NO CHANCE OF BEING REVIVED) says alot considering you need a ton of shit before you can cause true death to a soul.
>>
>>44856040
But in real terms because demons are unstable in real space it doesn't really matter how powerful the chaos gods are in the warp, if they can't exert influence in real space without getting stomped by the emperor then for all intents and purposes, the emperor is 'more powerful'

This is a pointless argument anyway, the whole 40k lore revolves around the emperor being inert and worshiped like a god despite his ideals, by the time they change that 40k will have been long dead already
>>
>>44856059
The Psyker food and the fact that he's being worshipped, each will individually make him more powerful. The whole idea of the Emperor ascending to a Warp God is actually backed up by the fundamental Immaterial constants, that being he's slowly turning into the "Chaos," God of Faith, being a locus for Humanity's zeal and all.
>>
>>44856080
That says two things:

>Things could go mildly good

Or

>Things could go full "The shape of the nightmare that is to come".
>>
>>44856102
Mhmm, nobody knows how badly the Emperor's conciousness has been fragmented and twisted by the constant amount of faith-infused Immaterial energy being pumped into him. For all we know the God Emperor of Mankind could just be as fanatically xenophobic as the Ministorum.
>>
Is the emperor actually conscious on the throne or is his soul just doing the whole astronomicon thing by itself?

Also was the emperor born a superhuman or did he do that to himself with psychic energy/enhancement like a space marine?
>>
>>44856125
No one really knows, regarding your first question.

Also, he was born with his abilities.
>>
>>44856114
I'm pretty sure he was a xenophobic asshole. During the 30k crusades, all aliens were purged.
>>
>>44856145
Xenophobic may not have been the best choice of word. I meant more ridiculously, blindly anti-Xeno and anti-heresy like the Ministorum. It's just speculation, but chances are if the God Emperor does wake up, he'll at least particularly embody the Imperial Creed that's been feeding him all this power, flames and zealous screaming included.
>>
>>44856142
Was he born with the rocking body though, that's what I meant.
>>
>>44855832
If The Emperor ever got of the Golden Throne, two things would happen. The Astronomican would go out, removing humanity's method of long distances travel in the warp, and the warp portal under the Golden Palace would start churning out even more deamons or would turn into a full blown warp storm
>>
>>44856172
How did warp travel work in 30k? I can't remember that all.
>>
>>44856172
How did imperial ships warp travel during the crusades, pre-golden throne?
>>
>>44856002
Age of Günther
>>
>>44856184
The Astronomicon. Big E has been shown to have the ability to power it remotely.
>>
>>44856002
I doubt they'll reboot 40k.

They'll just do the stories between 30k and 40k like the current Beast Arises series.
>>
>>44856002
Age of Throg.
He was a caveman or some shit.
>>
>>44856181
>>44856184
If I remember correctly, it was a lot easier for navigators to 'see' the warp currents before the Heresy
>>
>>44855832
Werent primarchs basically this? IIRC they are called Clone sons.
>>
>E deezy comes back
>shit happens
>showdown with abbadon
>kills abbadon
>mortally wounded in the proces, back in the throne.
>WH50k
>>
Fabius Bile obtained the pure geneseed of a Grey Knight founder marine.

As we know, the Grey Knight geneseed comes from the Emperor. Fabius will most likely clone the Emperor.

>>44855925

Don't bullshit.

The fact that Thousand Sons geneseed and Grey Knight geneseed grant psychic powers and enhance psychic power implies that psyker powers are genetic.

Furthermore, the Eldar have a punishment where they destroy parts of a renegade farseer brain. These parts are his connection to the Warp. Once destroyed, the farseer will be unable to connect to it.
>>
>>44856002
Age of the Empra.
>>
>>44856114
Plus, being an immobile rotting corpse for 10,000 years has got to be unpleasant.
>>
File: Warp Travel.jpg (102 KB, 620x744) Image search: [Google]
Warp Travel.jpg
102 KB, 620x744
>>44856181
Pic Related
>>
>>44857162
The vast majority of warp jumps go just fine though
>>
>>44857253
In the Age of Ending? No.

The Light of Golden Throne flickered for a moment and then countless thousands of ships were lost.

Also the Light of the Golden Throne is receding leaving entire segmentum's in the darkness.
>>
>>44857295
Have you got any sources for that? Since, you know, you can travel the warp without the astronomicon?
>>
File: 1448010497407.jpg (326 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
1448010497407.jpg
326 KB, 700x990
>>44857062
nice way to keep people paying with one expansion and no much of a change later.
>>
>>44857324
Yes.

The 5th ED, 6th ED, and 7th ED rulebook has the events in the timeline section.

Aside from from the weakening of the Astronomicon, the awakening of Necron tombs and the activation of their null fields, obsucures the light of the astronomicon. This causes ships to get lost in the Warp.

>999.M41 A DYING OF THE LIGHT
>Imperial fleets on the edge of Draven Sector become lost in the Warp after an unusual phenomenon causes their Navigators to lose sight of the Astronomican. Investigations uncover the source of the interference upon the tomb world of Petk. Dark Hunters Space Marines launch an assault on the planet, but only minutes after landing all contact with them is lost.

>you can travel the warp without the astronomicon?

A blind and dangerous jump into hell itself.
>>
>>44857389
It's not a blind jump. The astronomicon doesn't light the jump, it just acts as a constant so you can calculate your location in relevance to it, without it you can still make small jumps with accuracy. And the quote you posted says nothing about the light "flickering for a moment" that causes "countless thousands of ships" to be lost (that would be ridiculous since if it just flickered for a moment the astropath would barely have time to register that it's missing before it was back there and nothing has changed)
>>
>>44857295
The astronomican is only getting weaker as the emperor gets closer to securing the webway for human travel... I hope

Also how do chaos warp travel? Demons instead of psyker navigators?
>>
File: Guideless in the Storm.png (54 KB, 385x141) Image search: [Google]
Guideless in the Storm.png
54 KB, 385x141
>>44857422
It's a blind jump. Are you argumentative that you didn't wait for me to get the sources? Seriously?

Long distance warp jumps, the travel that the Imperium requires to survive, would be made near impossible without the Light of the Golden Throne. The raging of the Warp and the awakening of more tomb worlds will only make things worse.
>>
>>44857497
Nah, the Emperor is dying and the throne is breaking apart. Both the guide and the generator are breaking apart.

That's what weakening the light. That's what's dooming the Imperium.

>Also how do chaos warp travel? Demons instead of psyker navigators?

Navigators and daemons. Demons mostly seeing that the traitors are swarming from areas that are now in the dark.
>>
>>44857389
>>44857422
The lore says small jumps of >5 light years are easily possible, just more dangerous and less accurate than using the light of the astronomican, the eldar manage it.

Plus I'm guessing the loss of ships due to a flicker in the astronomican was because the psykers on board lapsed in concentration causing a weakness in the void shields or something like that
>>
>>44857561
>Plus I'm guessing the loss of ships due to a flicker in the astronomican was because the psykers on board lapsed in concentration causing a weakness in the void shields or something like that

What the fuck?

The void shields and astronomican have nothing to do with the psykers on ships.

The Navigators got simply lost in the Warp because they couldn't see where they were going for a brief moment. Now imagine what will happen to the ships in an entire segmentum that are now forever cut off from the light of the Golden Thorne.

Forget about long distance travel.
>>
>>44857521
I'm argumentative because everything about the astronomicon tells us it's not a blind jump, which you apparently suddenly seem to concede in your second paragraph
>Long distance warp jumps...would be made near impossible
So suddenly it's long distance and near impossible instead of any jumps at all and totally impossible? Like I said (and like all the fluff states), you can make small jumps with accuracy, and whoever wrote that particular bit in your picture is contradicting about a million other codexes, novels etc. where going off course is a problem but not even close to certain destruction. And my original point, which you got assblasted about, is that the vast majority of jumps are safe, even with your Age of Sigmar area of space, as illustrated in every single codex, rulebook etc. and the fact that the imperium exists at all.
>>
File: The Howling.png (153 KB, 355x453) Image search: [Google]
The Howling.png
153 KB, 355x453
>>44857521
It's not the first time that the disturbance of the light of the Golden Throne causes disaster.

Picture related. MILLIONS of ships were lost in this just one event.

Each time something happens to the light. All ships in the Warp are screwed big time.
>>
>>44857162
I hate that picture and how wrong it is.
>>
>>44857688
yeah, definitely nothing to do with the billion dead astropaths
>>
>>44857669
Now you continue to bullshit.

I did not say anything about short jumps. I am referring to long jumps which are most warp jumps and are the ones the Imperium needs unless it wants to break apart.

Without the light of the Golden Throne, long jumps are impossible outside of a miracle. These fluff pieces that I posted are not new. They are very old and are repeated in each edition.

Your original of Warp jumps being safe is not true in the Age of Ending where the Light of the Golden Throne is receding and dying out. That's my point.
>>
>>44857735
Yes. nothing. Because astropaths do not navigate the ships.
>>
>>44856027
Nurgle: I'm okay with this
Slaanesh: OH SWEET EMPEROR YES ALL OVER ME PLEEEAAAASE!!!!!
Khorne: WHO THE HELL TOOK A SHIT IN MY ROOM?
Tzeentch: Just as planned!
>>
>>44857776
>‘The answer to that is simple. I came because I am an emissary. I bring a message from my brother Abaddon, to be carried to the Emperor, before the Master of Mankind finally dies.’

>hear her breath catch in her throat. Instinct forces her reply before she can even consider what she’s saying.

>‘The God-Emperor cannot die.’

>‘Everything dies, Siroca. Even ideas. Even gods, and especially false gods. The Emperor is the memory of a man enthroned on a broken engine of false hope. The Golden Throne is failing. No one knows that better than those of us who dwell in the Eye. We can see the Astronomican dying. We can hear the Emperor’s song fading away. I did not come to Terra to surrender myself into your hands in order to laugh at the dying of His light, but neither will I coat the truth in honeyed lies to make it easier for you to hear.

>‘These are not reports on a screen to me, inquisitor, or reams of casualty figures to be easily discarded. The Emperor’s Light is fading across the galaxy. How many fleets of vessels have been lost these last decades, to flickers in the Astronomican? Thousands? Tens of thousands? How many worlds have cried out in rebellion in the last ten years alone, or screamed in psychic distress? How many have fallen silent in the shroud of the warp, now home to nothing but the tread of daemons? Here, on Terra... Can you hear any of Segmentum Pacificus’s thousands of worlds? A quarter of the galaxy has fallen silent. Do you know why? Do you know what wars they are fighting, while cloaked in silence and shadow?’

-The novel "Talon of Horus".

It seems that the Light has flickered more than once. Each time it costs the Imperium thousands of ships.

How can something as ingrained in the fluff be ignored?
>>
>ctrl+f star child
>ctrl+f sensei
0 results
Christ... Really, guys?

The sould of the emperor doesn't inhabit his body anymore. You can (maybe) clone his (superhuman) body, but you won't recreate the same psychic being.
You may find a way to make the Star Child go back into the cloned body, though.
Or you could just sacrifice the senseis and the original body so the Emprah ascends as a new warp god.

There were some attempts made by radical inquisitors and Fabious Bile. None was successful, either because of science failure, or because some loyalists came and wrecked the project.
>>
>>44857629
Warp portals exist in 40k, may of which allow near-instantaneous travel between distant star systems without any need to navigate in the warp.

Plus its mentioned in many places that most of the warp-travelling ships in the imperium make their jumps in 5 lightyear hops, calculating the jumps rather than using any kind of navigator (ie; they don't need the astronomican). Only the most important ships in the imperium are lucky enough to have access to a psychic navigator allowing longer jumps.

If the astronomican went out it would cripple the imperium, but long distance travel would still be possible.
>>
>>44857762
>astropaths do not navigate the ships.
that statement is just flat out wrong.
>>
File: Gravity mirror.png (1 MB, 1392x530) Image search: [Google]
Gravity mirror.png
1 MB, 1392x530
>>44857994
It is correct. Astropaths are for messages.

>>44857969
>Plus its mentioned in many places that most of the warp-travelling ships in the imperium make their jumps in 5 lightyear hops

Source?

>If the astronomican went out it would cripple the imperium, but long distance travel would still be possible.

I disagree. It would be kill the Imperium.

Like I said, the receding of the Golden Light, the increase in warp turbulence, and the awakening of Necron tombs (picture related) will make warp travel dangerous in the Time of Ending.
>>
>>44855832
That pic will never not make me laught.
>>
>>44856170
Well he was naturally born, so i assume he 'grew into it', but pretty much i guess, couple dozen of millenia running around after humanity probably does keep you in shape
>>
File: The Death of Horus.png (936 KB, 1050x736) Image search: [Google]
The Death of Horus.png
936 KB, 1050x736
I come bearing a gift.
>>
File: warp drives and gates.jpg (502 KB, 1864x949) Image search: [Google]
warp drives and gates.jpg
502 KB, 1864x949
>>44858094
rogue trader page 131
>>
>>44857133
Neither the GK or TS gene gave psychic powers. They just recruit all (in GK case) or majority (given TS).

And this isn't getting into the whole Sorcery angle of TS.
>>
>>44858475
>Rogue Trader

Have anything more recent?
>>
>>44857133
Wasn't it revealed to be improved Alpharius junk?
>>
>>44858595
What Grey Knight geneseed? No.

The Emperor's Gift, Pandorax, and the Grey Knights say it is Emprah geneseed
>>
File: navigator.jpg (93 KB, 614x358) Image search: [Google]
navigator.jpg
93 KB, 614x358
>>44858572
not off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure there's something in the imperial armour horus heresy series though, downloading them now.

Here's the part about human navigators from rogue trader
>>
>>44857894
I do not remember the source but i read somwhere that emperors DNA has other elements like phosphorus and more strands than 2
>>
File: 205%_Heresy.jpg (114 KB, 518x680) Image search: [Google]
205%_Heresy.jpg
114 KB, 518x680
>>44855832
>Clone the Emperor

Sounds like it would create a schism in the empire. You'd have the old-guard adherents to Classic Emps who think it's extreme heresy, and followers of the New Emperor who just want to be run by someone competent again.
>>
>>44856156
>blindly anti-Xeno and anti-heresy
I want an example in 40k where xenos and heresy led to anything good.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.