[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nurgle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
>nurgle demons and marines are often shown with inflated bellies
>this is because of the putrid gases being accumulated inside their bodies
>their skin is falling apart, leaving holes through which sometimes internal organs are showing
>the gas should be escaping through these holes
>they are still inflated

fuck, I'm autistic

Best god of chaos thread
>>
>>44840660
Probably by the time their flesh starts rotting off the skin's been distented long enough it retains the shape, plus their insides have filled up with pus, nurglings and other filth.
>>
>>44840660
>thinks a body is just a flesh balloon
>doesn't know that gases tend to build up inside organs
>>
>>44840660
see
>>44840787

Also, exaggerated bloating effects because magic caused by god.
>>
there is something that bothers me though

I don't know much about warhammer fluff. The only thing I know comes from playing DH and having read the book of the Heresy Abridged (that awful one that replaces ollanius pius with a custodes) and I don't really understand what does Nurgle has to offer to the marines that decide to follow him
Khorne gives super strength and physical power
Tzneetch offers knowledge
Slaneesh offers pleasure
Nurgle gives eternal life with devastating side effect?
>>
>>44840836
The ability to endure ridiculous amounts of damage and pain, as well as the loving care of a gigantic family.
>>
>>44840780
>>44840817
I know, it's just my autism

>>44840787
still, the organs are seem to be teared apart as well
>>
>>44840884
>the loving care of a gigantic family.
lolwut?
>>
>>44840917
Papa nurgle's undying love and companionship
>>
>>44840917
Everyone is welcome in the arms of father Nurgle. The world may hate you, turn on you, insult you, hurt you, but Nurgle is there to give you a pat on the back and share his gifts with you.
>>
>>44840917
Nurgle daemonettes, man.
>>
>>44840955
>>44840961
>>44841032
wasn't he the god of despair?
>>
>>44841094
And that's why they embrace his love.
when you have a shitty day, you could use a hug
>>
>>44841094
He's the god of decay and the ugly truth. Dispair is the domain of Malal, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>44841094
You mean false hopes? That's Tzeentch.
Nurgle is apathy and static.
>>
>>44841094
Yes. It's kind of ironic: Tzeetch is the god of hope, yet uses his followers as his pawns and loves building their hopes up only to bring them crashing down. Nurgle is the god of despair but is kind and caring to his followers, even if he largely expresses that by gifting them with new and exiting diseases (although those given to his service do tend to apreciate that).
The thing is that while Tzeetch wants his followers to work and scheme to reach a goal, even if they inevitably fall, Nurgle is all about stagnation and decay. There's no point in trying to better your lot in life; just wallow in apathy and despair and let Papa Nurge take care of everything.
>>
Khorne is the guy who invites you over to watch sports, and you go so you don't piss him off, and he gives you surprisingly sound advice for exercise.

Nurgle is the guy who invites you to everything, but doesn't expect you to show up, but whether you do or don't he smiles and takes it anyway. He's also a great cook, and knows way more about medicine than he should.

Tzeench is that guy who doesn't invite you, but he already knew you were coming anyway. He's also that asshole who can tell you any trivial fact about anything, literally anything, but he also has plenty of books, manuals, and guides in case you need them for anything, and he's perfectly willing to let you borrow them.

Slaanesh is that guy who never grew out of the partying stage of college and invites you over but is too shitfaced and high to remember. He's also a she, so there's that. Free drugs and sex, smells like the seventies in his apartment yet is always blasting rave music.

Malal is that fuck who is watching you right now, hoping you'll kill yourself. He also has been sending you spam email for the last decade and keeps hurting himself.
>>
File: Dranon8.jpg (779 KB, 750x2407) Image search: [Google]
Dranon8.jpg
779 KB, 750x2407
>>
>>44841264
Accurate enough.
>>
There a plenty of pictures of dead bodies bloated with gas on internet OP. I'm not gonna post any because blueboard but go lurk for yourself.
>>
>>44841249
fucking nihilists...
>>
>>44841394
I study forensic medicine, just this morning I witnessed an autopsy

the putrefaction process has four phases: cromatic (gets the distinctive color) emphysematose (gets bloted with gas, stomach is like a drum) liquify (tissues break, gas scape, starts to turn into shit) and skeletal reduction

Fuck, none of that translates properly into english...
>>
File: BelovedGrandfather.jpg (213 KB, 900x1182) Image search: [Google]
BelovedGrandfather.jpg
213 KB, 900x1182
>>44840917
>not knowing of grandfather nurgle's love and compassion.
>>
>>44841677
why the teeth, they are scary

wouldn't it be more practical to let the food get so rotten that you don't need to chew it?
>>
Nurgle worst god
>>
>>44841760
Nice try Tzeetch Cultist
>>
>>44841760
It's ok if you think that.

Nurgle still loves you.
>>
>>44841817
Khorne m80.
>>
>>44841838
I though khorne and nurgle weren't in bad terms
>>
>>44841896
They get along.
>>
>>44841896
Doesn't stop Nurgle from being objectively the worst god, followed closely by Slaanesh.
>>
>>44840660
Sure is quiet in here...
>>
>>44841938
Objectivity is an illusion in the Immaterium.

Nurgle still loves you.
>>
>>44841760
>Lured Horus to Chaos to bring the galaxy to its knees
>Keeps the Emperor alive to keep shitty status quo
Yeah, naw. Nurgle is best god.
>>
>>44841938
it is definitely up to personal opinion
for me, khorne is the least interesting, doesn't seem very original
>>
>>44841939
Noisema-shiz, please go.
And take your deamonette with you. She ain't nice at all.
>>
File: MahNiggaNurgges.jpg (51 KB, 650x557) Image search: [Google]
MahNiggaNurgges.jpg
51 KB, 650x557
>>44842006
Agreed.
>>
>>44842006
Khorne's too one dimensional. Every other Chaos God has deeper options. Khorne meanwhile is just a mindless god of slaughter. There's not even a point in worshiping him unless you're retarded.
>>
>>44841140
>Dispair is the domain of Malal, if I'm not mistaken.
You are. Malal covered vengeance, and self hate.
>>
>>44842010
shes all that and a can of pringles!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>44841708
>practical
>Chaos
>>
>>44840660
That guy look like the unholy meatbread monster.
>>
>>44840836

In the case of the Death Guard I believe the choice was made for them when Typhus fucked them over by giving them wrong directions.

Not only that, you usually fall to Nurgle worship after you've been afflicted with something and you're crying out for relief.
>>
>>44842215
Didn't Khorne have some minute amount of depth in the past and disapprove of killing the weak and the defenseless because you weren't truly testing yourself in battle by doing so?
>>
>>44840917
Nurgle is basically a hugbox.
>>
so I was reading the imperial armour book The lost and the damned, it says that I can field plague zombies, max unit size is 50 for 150 points all with it will not die 4+. I do like the idea of making an nurgle swarm army with the walking dead/it will not die feel but I'm worried fielding these zombies will just piss people as I slow the game down. tell me /tg/ is it a good idea or am I just a dick?
>>
>>44841249
>Nurgle is the god of despair but is kind and caring to his followers
No he isn't. That's a facade.

He takes particular delight in forcing his gifts on followers even when they don't want them. Revelling in their continued suffering, rather than doing anything to truly help them. The familial love the followers of nurgle show is a hollow one, as a result of their shared ailments. Misery loves company, as the saying goes.
>>
>>44840660
Would Nurgle have domain over cancer? If so, maybe the Plauge Marines are full of tumours and shit.
>>
File: 1407335838432.jpg (179 KB, 734x793) Image search: [Google]
1407335838432.jpg
179 KB, 734x793
>>44841032
>Nurgle daemonettes, man.
True dat...

>>44842010
>And take your deamonette with you. She ain't nice at all.
Whaaat?

>>44842215
>Khorne's too one dimensional. Every other Chaos God has deeper options. Khorne meanwhile is just a mindless god of slaughter. There's not even a point in worshiping him unless you're retarded.
Well you could go with them being the God of Merit/Honor, but most of the time you're going to get yelled at for fanon misinterpretation.

>>44842466
>shes all that and a can of pringles!!
>YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Pringles, FUCK YEAH!
>>
>>44840660

Power armor that has been stretched out isn't going to deflate
>>
>>44842683
It's okay, ND, I'm absolutely sure people like you and you are not just nightmare material but somebody's fetish too.
>>
File: NiceDaemonette Effect.png (178 KB, 1884x1120) Image search: [Google]
NiceDaemonette Effect.png
178 KB, 1884x1120
>>44842757
I wonder if that Anon is still having nightmares.
>>
>>44841249
Not quite. Nurgle is an abusive relationship, moreso than other Chaos Gods.

You don't want your head to spout fungal growths that cover your eyes and blind you forever? Tough shit, guess who will never see the sunrise again? When you wake up in the morning, Nurgle will have a lovely little sadistic Nurgling sat on your shoulder, he'll shout out when you're about to bump into something. Your only hope of ever living some semblance of a normal life. You're stuck with Nurgle now, at least most other gods will kill you when they're done with you.
>>
File: 1407322543127.jpg (86 KB, 702x1139) Image search: [Google]
1407322543127.jpg
86 KB, 702x1139
>>44842757
>somebody's fetish too
I'm the personification of my fetishes...

>>44842822
...Hence why pic related freaked even me out; All that flesh chewing...
>>
>>44842575
It's an incredibly cancerous one in all senses of the world, but yes, yes it is

>>44842905
They're pretty much all as abusive as each other, save maybe Khorne
>>
>>44842562
A little bit like that, but that was mostly in Warhammer Fantasy, but even that faded away until it basically might not have existed.
>>
>>44843416
Hey, ND! Did your father finally stopped to rape you in your sleep?
>>
Why would the Norse worship the god of entropy? Seems to conflict with their entire lifestyle.
>>
>>44844949
There's kind of a Khornate element to him of weeding out the weak that I guess would be desirable.
>>
>>44841968
Nurgle's love is an abusive parent who thinks it's "doing what's best" when it's really just destroying your life. You're too fucked up by the abuse to realize it either. At least Khorne is going to be forward when he's fucking your life up. Also, all his "gifts" are actual gifts.
>>
If nurgle, or for tha t matter any of the chaos chaps actually cared about humans they would have not fucked with emperor
>>
Would there be any crossover between Nurgle and Slaanesh re: the enjoyment of the propagation of life?
>>
>>44840836
The way I see it, people who willingly embrace nurgle are what you would call "fun police on steroids". They think that the world sucks, everything's slowly turning to shit, and everyone who doesn't realise it are dumb ingrates. So they go nurgle to hasten the process, and show up to those chucklefucks the truth about despair, hurr durr.

Others don't try to get into serving plague god intently, but some events in their life bring them into the mindset, and when they stumble upon opportunity to join the plague club, they just go with the flow without resisting, they just don't care.

And others, like original Death Guard, have basically went through mindbreak - they caught Space AIDS, and now spread the love.
>>
>>44847276
>crossover between Nurgle and Slaanesh

STDs.
>>
>>44842612
Would play last stand with my 7000 point guard army.
Depends what the other person is like. I'd be grand with it.
>>
>>44842215
>There's not even a point in worshiping him unless you're retarded
Or unless you want to win/survive a war. Or just want to be really strong. Being strong is nice.
>>
>>44847358
>crossover between Nurgle and Slaanesh

Pleasure and Life. I suppose you could make an argument that the spreading of disease, parasites, impregnation.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a cult to it.
>>
>>44842215
Every Chaos God is pretty one-dimensional. Except Tzeentch, who's 2deep4you.
>>
>>44847438
Or the dualism of pleasure and suffering.

An extremely hedonistic self-destructive cult, that revels in both their excesses and the suffering that comes when they destroy themselves.

They could view it as a model of the life as a whole. A creature's life cycle consists of two phases:
- "Growth" - epitomed in joy, revel and pleasure , as much as possible and as strong as possible, here and now.
- "Decay" - after the creature reaches the climax of it's life, it can only go downhill, wither and die.

So this is what they do - revel in endless orgy and bring others into it specifically to destroy themselves and others in the process.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.