[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: 1438595415750.png (1 MB, 775x502) Image search: [Google]
1438595415750.png
1 MB, 775x502
Pathfinder General /pfg/

What's your dream game's setting?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/53QiHfcU

Old Thread: >>44824737
>>
>>44837056
A setting that lets me play psionics without my group considering them overpowered
>>
Asked this just as the new thread was getting made:

Let's say I want to play a blaster in the same vein as Iron Man, as in I can just shoot scaling energy beams from my palms (amongst other abilities) all day.

How do I best go about doing this, in 1st and 3rd party?
>>
>>44837073
But they don't even have spell slots, how can they be anything but overpowered?
>>
>>44837113
Because they get the higher level versions of the power too, which is unfair to casters according to my group.
>>
>>44837037
You could also just take Mutagen as a discovery.
>>
>>44837103
Probably Aegis/Soulknife (soulbolt, the psychic arsonal could work too/metaforge. You will be flying around in you psychic armor all day and shooting energy blasts on command.

Also the arcforge beta (dream scarred press) is starting to get updates again, so maybe their take on akashic mysteries or using one of the mechs in it would work pretty well too. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QHMSLuh7Q6ZOHYOvTS6cyFfKBBLP6RCRkb7jcO6IlrI/edit
>>
>>44837103

Sounds like a job for Kineticist.
>>
File: box9.jpg (35 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
box9.jpg
35 KB, 700x466
>>44837167
>A promethean alchemist can't take the mutagen or cognatogen discoveries.

>This ability replaces bombs and mutagen.
>>
>>44837103
Kineticist, duh

As >>44837190 noted, aegis and soulknife are right up your alley. Some of the options I can think of:

>Aegis with initiator's soul (PoW) and Elemental Flux strikes/stances
>Aegis with a soulknife dip and Metaforge
>Aegis with the Host of Heroes archetype from Psionics Occult, which improves their ability to shoot energy blasts from their suit's customizations to not-shit levels

>Soulknife throwing mind blades (refluff as needed)
>Soulbolt Soulknife shooting mindbolt shots at people.
>Psychic Armory Soulknife throwing tons of damage at people, and getting some AoE blasts (small lines and bursts)
>War Soul with any of the above, grabbing Elemental Flux maneuvers and stances
>Living Legend Soulknife, who gets the ability to shoot literal elemental blasts from their palms as one of their mind blades. At higher levels, they can get splash damage on their attacks with it. They also get AoE blasts (cones).

On any of the soulknives, take the Psychokinetic Armor blade skill from Augmented Soulknife to be able to get your iron man suit.

Maybe go into the Marvel PrC to get super strength and flight, too.
>>
Anons, you're my only hope:

Does anyone here play on Mythweavers and have a desire to run Reign of Winter, Iron Gods, or Mummy's Mask?

I'm tired of constant RotRL, S&S, etc.
>>
>>44837256
Well then.

...dip Mutagenic Mauler?
>>
Nth for let me recap Promethean Alchemist:

>You are taking the Preservationist archetype and Planar Preservationist Feat. No, this is not an option, you NEED these summons, you have NOTHING on your own
>Can you take crafting feats? Congratulations, as soon as level 3 hits, take Craft Wondrous Items, start crafting preserving flasks and boro beads. Look up other items as well.
>Your homunculus is a small CONSTRUCT WITH A FLY SPEED, TELEPATHIC LINK, AND DARKVISION. At level one. They can act as a scout, and anything that is not damage won't bother them until mid-levels, most likely.
>Your homunculus can use your polymorph extracts. Down the line they can be about as good as any normal animal companion, if not a bit better
>You, as the alchemist, are relegated to skill-monkey, wand-monkey, back-of-the-line pack mule support character. You are there to cover everything but actually fighting, because you are ass at fighting.
>Seriously, if a fight breaks out, Chuck your pokeballs, grab whatever wand you have handy, and pray to your God that nothining thinks you look tasty.
>>
DSP folks, can I run a wish list by you? There's so much PF needs from PrCs, that only you can fulfill:

Witch Archetype or better yet, dual-progression PrC, that gives maneuvers to the witch's familiar in exchange for losing Hexes and less spells or maybe giving up the Patron

Oracle Archetype or dual progression PrC focused on Riven Hourglass + using divination in battle to see the future or rewind time

Cavalier Archetype centered around sharing maneuvers with his mount or having the mount use some maneuvers on its own.

Tattooed Sorcerer variant that has no bloodline in exchange for getting a themed set of maneuvers he can scribe on himself or allies as tattoos.
>>
>>44837404
Reminder to let your wizard scribe manuevers as equivalent-level spells!
>>
>>44837404
They have stated that full casters will never be getting maneuvers natively, period.

I could get behind some PrCs though. DSP should make more PrCs.
>>
>>44837316
IN ADDITION:

>Your homunculus can use aid another on you
>Your homunculus can prepare your extracts for you
>Your homunculus can be equipped with magic items as a humanoid, meaning you can slap amulets of mighty fists, belt of STR/DEX, etc on her and let her loose.
>Your homunculus can be a cute daughteru
>>
>>44837316
maybe play a small race, and at the sight of combat drink reduce person and jump into the pocket of your hommy.
>>
>>44837289
Don't forget the crystal warrior aegis allows for an AI that can blast for you (both crystal shards and energy blasts) while you do your thing.
>>
Is bloodmage worth?
>>
>>44837437
>Your homunculus can be equipped with magic items as a humanoid
Problem with that is you're either leaving your Alchemist completely unequipped or you're buying twice the equipment.
>>
File: 1442190675946.png (84 KB, 599x717) Image search: [Google]
1442190675946.png
84 KB, 599x717
>>44837289
>>44837213
>>44837190

The Kineticist seems to be right up my alley! What specialization is best for the Kineticist, and are there any design tips you'd suggest along the way?

Seriously, this class seems like exactly what I was going for, it even has an awesome "I shoot people with localized gravity wells" focus.
>>
>>44837578
Kineticist is a legitimately terrible class that cannot actually function within the role it's billed as.

The only viable way to play it is to take minimal amount of burn at the start of the day (to turn on Elemental Overflow), then never take burn again. Gather Power as a move action all you want. Never Gather as a full round, never accept burn that isn't move-Gathered to 0.

Air and Earth are the only kineticist elements that don't actively shoot you in the foot, and even those are pretty underwhelming.
>>
>>44837568
If your GM is letting you take crafting feats, it won't be as big of an issue. Assuming you have time to craft. At least.
>>
>>44837578
Prepare yourself to be extremely disappointed while playing it.
Also, avoid Fire. Like, don't even think about it. And Water, and Plants.
>>
>>44837638
Dont forget about electric damage that demons are immune to.
>>
>>44837578
I'd suggest against kineticist, but if you do I'd suggest looking at kineticists of porphyra, it's a 3pp supplement mad by N Jolly, the guy who did the handbook, and it adds some new stuff that helps a lot. Mainly some archetypes 3 new elements (light, sound and time), some much needed wild talents for other elements plus some feats.
>>
File: Traps.jpg (111 KB, 633x563) Image search: [Google]
Traps.jpg
111 KB, 633x563
>>44837578
>>44837638
>>44837614
>>
>>44837256
You know what would have been fun? Being able to inject Mutagens into your homunculus and then take a mutagen yourself to become steroid buddies.

You know what would have been fun? Being able to throw bombs with your Homunculus. It might tear through your bomb supply, but that nova would be amazing.

You know what would have been fun? Using the Homunculus as a potion delivery system to allies, maybe having a discovery where it would count as a valet familiar.

You know what would have been fun? Being able to throw your Homunculus into battle as a projectile weapon that proceeds to maul enemies it's thrown into.

Too bad the class trades out all those class features, because then you could have done something interesting with it.
>>
>>44837725
Or the DSP kineticist, which drops wild talents for psionics. There's some good 3pp out there.
>>
>>44837747
That's barely a kineticist though, it's just a psionic class with kinetic blasts.
>>
>>44837756
Yeah, true. I'm still waiting for the other one they promised, and hoping it's good.
>>
File: 1392017549161.png (22 KB, 234x200) Image search: [Google]
1392017549161.png
22 KB, 234x200
>>44837728
>>44837725
>>44837638
>>44837614

But I thought it was going to be great, the Paizo forums love to rave that it's a balanced class that does extremely well in the job it's billed as, and the mere existence of Kineticist means there will NEVER EVER be a major errata of the class or the creation of a class that does the same thing.

Kineticist is all I've got for 1st party blasting, isn't it supposed to be effective?
>>
>>44837804
>supposed to be effective?

And wizard is supposed to be balanced with monk. What in the world gave you the impression that paizo has suddenly become competent?
>>
>>44837804
People who post on Paizo forums are either retarded or about to be banned for having a dissenting opinion.

You want first part blasting

Crossblooded Orc+(Dragon/Elemental of your choice Sorcerer 1/Arcanist X with that exploit/arhcetype that gets you an arcane school and take Admixture
>>
>>44837804
>Kineticist is all I've got for 1st party blasting
>all I've got for 1st party blasting
>1st party blasting
>blasting

Sorcerer called, they think you're a faggot.
>>
>>44837842

Well, to be fair, this class was also designed by Mark Seifter, who based on his other works must be assumed to be considerably smarter than many of his colleagues.

I still feel like the Kineticist and the Medium's end result in Occult Adventures was some kind of hazing ritual for the new guy.
>>
>>44837804
As far as accuracy to Iron Man goes, Kineticist is up there. Self Telekinesis for flight, Force Ward for a defensive field, Force Blast is shit but it's basically a repulsor blast, and there's nothing explicitly preventing you from wearing heavy armor besides the reduction in Dex which you need to fire your blasts accurately (which is a serious problem for the class).

You might be better off playing an Evocation-heavy Spellslinger Wizard and taking Sacred Geometry to use Still Spell so you don't have to worry about ACP. Plus it plays into the character being really smart and using that to do shit.
>>
>>44837804
Eh, you probably just want a ranged combatant putting out lots of damage so in theory a paladin with a bow is a better blaster than a kineticist.
>Ranged damage
>Full BAB
>Ignores DR
>Lots of attacks per round
>Great saves
>Can cast other fairly useful spells
>>
>>44837893

That's the wrong kind of blasting though.

Sorcerer is spellcasting and I'm looking for continuous elemental matter and energy shoot-bangs, or other such actions that leave the enemy dead quick.
>>
>>44837918
R.I.P. Harrow Medium ;_;7
>>
>>44837918
Doesn't matter who designed what as long as Bulmahn is in charge of balancing things.
>>
>>44837938
Then there is nothing in 1pp that will do that.
>>
>>44837934
>
Indeed. Get a glowing bow (30% of all magic weapons glow, after all) and refluff it.
>>
Does everyone run rise of the Runelords only because it was the earliest Adventure Path they put out? I don't understand why it is so popular.
>>
File: 1448927649887.png (13 KB, 555x407) Image search: [Google]
1448927649887.png
13 KB, 555x407
Since this seems to be the topic at the moment, what are the top three changes to the class the anon could probably ask from his DM?

>Full BAB
>d12 class
>Burn is treated as non-lethal

Those are the only three I can imagine a DM might allow.
>>
>>44837931
>wearing heavy armor besides the reduction in Dex which you need to fire your blasts accurately

What the fuck are you smoking? You do realize that max dex bonus only applies to AC, right?
>>
>>44837938
Yeah, there's no 1pp for that. Outside it, your best bet is a soulknife, either Psychic Armory (non-elemental, stabbing with mental power) or Living Legend (shoot elemental stuff all day).
>>
>>44837729
>this post

Too bad Paizo half-assed the archetype. All it's really good for is the ability to play pack mule and wand-monkey, and maybe be a magic item generator.

If you have the resources I suppose there's also the option of crafting a fucktons of construct bodyguards.

>>44837938
>wrong kind of blasting

Fine, Eldritch Archer Magus. Enchant your bow with the element you want and go to town.

>b-but that's not what I meant!

Too fucking bad, it's the closest thing Paizo will let you have.
>>
>>44837290

S&S?

And no, sorry, I'm already committed to CotC.
>>
>>44838003
Non-proficiency makes ACP apply to attack rolls, doesn't it?
>>
>>44837978

On this note, the Starbow wielded by Arueshalae canonically turns every arrow it fires into gleaming starfire, which burns like a torch wherever it hits.

>>44837997

That wasn't my image.

>>44837989

People run RotRL because it's the earliest AP, yes. They're basic bitches that have never gone beyond Curse of the Crimson Throne.
>>
>>44838027
That's different from "reducing dex".
>>
>>44837997
Burn is already treated as nonlethal. Just have a way to remove Burn in between battles so a Kineticist isn't completely fucked over by doing one thing one time. Probably make it only apply to Infusions though and burn spent on Utility stays around, since spamming some utility talents (kinetic healer) could cause issues with some DMs.
>>
File: 3DFH1Nb.gif (424 KB, 441x423) Image search: [Google]
3DFH1Nb.gif
424 KB, 441x423
>>44837404
> Oracle, Sorcerer, and Witch archetypes with maneuvers.

Short version: no

Long version: I've had this fight already for nearly a year straight and I'm not having it again. No, hell no, fuck no, no to the nth power, with a side of never-gonna-happen served atop a bed of not-even-then.

The cavalier thing, on the other hand, had been intended for Expanded and we honestly just kinda dropped the ball there on accident. Look forward to it Sometime In The Future.
>>
>>44837997
Save blasting concept for a GM who allows 3pp.

Or get him to this.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H18ENIOOuMkoolCDsfMraWUsPGdCrJ__Qs70fK-8OPg/edit#gid=157950337
>>
>>44838079

I'm trying to make my own maneuver discipline and class but... what niches aren't already covered by existing pow material? My main inspiration was a style centered around a unfired and holy properties.
>>
>>44838123

>Sunfire
>>
>>44837997

Burn does not scale, full BAB class.

Those are really the only two you *really* need, since the scaling burn is what absolutely kills the class.
>>
>>44837997

Getting rid of burn or having a way to "vent" it would honestly be pretty high on my priorities list. My GM refuses to allow the thing not so much because it sucks but because the "cast from hit points" element annoys the shit out of him, and I haven't opposed him on that one.
>>
>>44838101
Right link, for real this time.
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RnvxfcyHuFN86Sj4dNn6SsX_8RxEuOMNS8JuY8OJZ3Y/edit#gid=967529324
>>
>>44838123
My design process in a nutshell:

>watch shonen anime
>find character I like
>can I emulate character's abilities with existing material?
>if no, write new discipline/class/item to emulate cool thing I want in my game
>pray Gareth doesn't realize I steal all my ideas from anime.
>>
>>44838176
What anime
>>
File: 1449458373127.gif (632 KB, 440x247) Image search: [Google]
1449458373127.gif
632 KB, 440x247
>>44838176
>>
>>44838176

Heh, I take most of my encounter ideas for PF and 4e from mtg and mmos.
>>
>>44838188
Mahou sensei negima is a favorite. Gundam. Gurren Lagann and KLK. Bleach (pre stupidity). FMA. Soul Eater. The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer (top 3 all time manga). Some naruto slipped in here and there.
>>
File: the-chakras-system.jpg (32 KB, 434x344) Image search: [Google]
the-chakras-system.jpg
32 KB, 434x344
>>44838176

Does that mean there's hope we might have chakras-based material that doesn't suck balls one day?

Because I still feel like the Occult Adventures chakra subsystem was a calculated insult to monk players.

It still boggles my mind people on the paizo forums consider OA a bigger success than ACG. The ONLY class I really liked from OA was the Occultist, it bloated the spell list a lot, and the feats were shit compared to ACG's, even post-errata.
>>
File: 1442494089328.png (17 KB, 393x377) Image search: [Google]
1442494089328.png
17 KB, 393x377
>>44838164

I'm kind of dumb, what are the big changes to Kineticist this document changes?

And if I just linked this to the DM and he said "I'm sure it's better than the real Kineticist, go for it", can I get some advice on building a Kineticist? All I know right now is they shoot energy ALL DAY, I don't know what the hell an Infusion or Gravity is.
>>
>>44838246

Naruto had some great early fights and basically any battle not involving Naruto himself was good.
>>
>>44838260

Let's be generous here, also cut out every fight involving the sharingan post-timeskip and the show is immediately way better.

OK, we can keep the time Guy opened all the gates and kicked Madara's ass nine ways from sunday until the author remembered a b-lister isn't supposed to save the world while the heroes are recovering and made him lose.
>>
>>44838040
Maybe if they released Curse of the Crimson Throne as a hardcover, we'll see more of that too.
>>
>>44838254
Check out Akashic Mysteries. It's a really cool system that uses chakras.

>>44838260
Rock Lee should have been the main character and I will fight anyone who disagrees.
>>
>>44838176
So wait, Path of War is really the system of weeaboo fightan' magic? I guess that makes sense, the Harbinger is the typical angsty protagonist Jk, Gareth, don't kill me
>>
File: Approval.png (81 KB, 413x414) Image search: [Google]
Approval.png
81 KB, 413x414
>>44838317

This Elric guy knows what's up.

I will check out the Mysteries, thanks!
>>
>>44838331
I think we lost all right to claim it doesn't have heavy amounts of Weaboo Fightan Magick in Expanded, between Sleeping Goddess' 9th and Mithral Current.
>>
>>44837316
As someone playing a Promethean/Preservationist Alchemist, let me tell you that even if you feel completely underwhelming, you and your GM will probably forget about hpyour construct's immunities and ability to fly until something that requires it comes up.

>GM has us try to figure out how to avoid falling into disease-ridden sewage
>remember my homunculus is both immune to disease, and can fly
>have her stack boxes so we can cross
>later on an enemy tries to use an illusion on us
>homunculus does not give a fuck, and while the rest of us panic she walks over and stabs the enemy to interrupt and dispel the illusion
>need to scout ahead, but don't want to give the party away to any enemies
>homunculus has darkvision and a big stealth bonus, so I just send her ahead and she relays everything back to me
>GM is actually slightly annoyed by how many "challenges" I have basically just had the party completely bypass because my homunculus doesn't give a fuck about status effects
>he's told me to not have her be the one to trip that trap in book 2 of shattered star, because she'll just waste the chance to turn someone into a QT Runelords because she's immune to everything.
>>
>>44838331
Some disciplines don't even work in an antimagic field, it is super weeaboo fightan' magic!
>>
>>44838353
Most illusions aren't mind-effecting.
>>
>>44838291
I disagree. The entire end, from the moment Madera started Shrekking face to the moment they killed Kaguya was great. It was probably the only thing worthwhile since the Chuunin exams, but still.
>>
>>44838317
Elric, a question-Can you initiate maneuvers with the ranged touch attack provided by the 5th level EFlux stance?
>>
>>44838079
Gareth, my group is making a house rule that maneuvers now provoke attacks of opportunity, need to be prepared in maneuver slots, and stances only last as long as a Barbarian rage including being fatigued afterwards. How do I convince them this is a bad idea?
>>
>>44838176

That solves that. I don't see any melee focused holy and fire themed disciplines that do damage over time or punishment mechanics.
>>
>>44838257
Burn is just a limit on how much shit you can do in one round.

>At 1st level, a kineticist has a limit on how much of her energy she can invest at any given moment. A kineticist can accept only 1 point of burn per round. This limit rises to 2 points of burn at 6th level, and rises by 1 additional point every 3 levels thereafter.
>>
>>44838427
Convince them with a tire iron, there's no hope otherwise.
>>
>>44838387
Well then I guess we fudged that slightly. Construct's still have ridiculous immunities though, and I utterly bypasses a cursed item "trap" by having my homunculus handle it first.
>>
>>44838427

Find another group. Maneuvers are not spells and are not comparable to spells in any way.
>>
>>44838331
I wrote a feat that turns you into Takamichi from Mahou Sensei Negima. Why on earth wouldn't it be Weeaboo Fightan Magick?

Although to be fair, we also support more "gritty" "western" styles of martial arts.
>>
>>44838257
Okay, so infusions are basically modifiers you apply to your basic blasts. There are two kinds: Form and Substance infusions, and you can only apply one of each to any given blast.

Form infusions usually modify how the blast acts after you fire it, for example Snake lets you control the path of the blast, Kinetic Fist/Blade/Whip turns it into a melee enhancer instead of a projectile, Mobile Blast turns it into a ball like Flaming Sphere, etc. If a Form infusion allows a save, the DC is based on your Dexterity and if the target makes the save they're not affected by the Substance part of the blast.

Substance infusions chance how the blast acts after it hits an enemy. Entangling entangles a hit enemy, Pulling pulls the enemy towards you, Bowling trips them, etc. The DCs for these are based on your Constitution.
>>
>>44838360
That's more because D&D conventions are retarded and everything that is supernatural is magic as opposed to shit being the other way around.
>>
>>44838427
Are you being serious?
>>
File: 1050naruto-4893001.jpg (202 KB, 750x1115) Image search: [Google]
1050naruto-4893001.jpg
202 KB, 750x1115
>>44838291
You mean the part when he kicked so hard he warped space?
>>
>>44838477

Those the same gritty, Western styles that let Samson beat a thousand men to death with the bone of an ass and thay Hercules used while wrestling the Nemean Lion?

>inb4 'duurrrr they are demigods therefore that is something player characters can never do'
>>
>>44838509

I kinda liked that Madara was sort of proof of concept of "Naruto where every ninja is a stupidly minmaxed 9th-level caster" with a whole lot of extra bullshit stacked on, and he still got his shit pushed in by a guy who just focused really, REALLY hard on the martial arts.

Might Guy deserved the 1st's magical healing cells way more than Sasuke did.
>>
>>44838349
>Standing at the pinnacle of the Sleeping Goddess discipline’s students, you have the ability to share your beliefs in a way that no others can. By making contact with your opponent’s mind and soul, you can open a dialogue, communicating your respective ideals instantaneously and debating their merits. Make an attack. If it hits, it deals an additional 10d6 points of damage. If this damage would reduce the target to 0 or fewer hit points, you can attempt to convert them to your way of thinking, clashing beliefs in a brief moment of spiritual contact. If you do, you and the target make an opposed ability check, with you using your initiation modifier and the target using its Charisma modifier. If the target succeeds, they take damage as normal, potentially killing them or knocking them unconscious. If you succeed, the target is instead reduced to 0 hit points, and their attitude towards you and your allies changes to helpful. This is not a compulsion, nor is it forcing the target to follow your orders, but rather the result of a spiritual conversation that took place in the instant of the strike. The target now understands your beliefs and ideals and either believes in them as well or respects your belief enough to be unwilling to oppose you. Regardless of whether or not the target succeeds on their save, you gain a deep understanding of their own beliefs and ideals.

Wow, you weren't kidding.
>>
>>44838526
Don't forget tearing off Grendel's arms with your bear strength.
>>
>>44837729
>you know what would be fun?
>a druid
>a black blade magus
>a wizard
>a summoner
Yeah, fancy that.
>>
>>44838492
Well Pathfinder changed the definition of (Ex.). Now only magic can break the laws of physics, so what can you do?
>>
>>44838571
Wait, seriously? Why would they do th... ah right, weapon cords.
>>
>>44838254
Having played with it, Serpent-Fire Adept isn't actually awful. It's not great, mind you, but it's at least usable and WAY better than trying to use chakras without the archetype, mostly because Chakra Expertise lets you use chakras while only paying for it once every other round, and (though it's limited times/day) starting level 7 you can open as many chakras as you want as a standard action.

But hey, at least my shitty monk can now breathe immunity-bypassing fire for 26 rounds per day.
>>
>>44838571

Gather a collective of like-minded individuals we use similar House Rules and refuse to engage with outsiders or people who abide strictly by official material because let's face it that is retarded.
>>
>>44838526
That's why I put "gritty" and "western" in quotes anon. But a more poignant example would be Oberyn Martell, who is so much a Polearm Dancing Warlord that it hurts.
>>
File: 1374931724186.jpg (34 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
1374931724186.jpg
34 KB, 170x170
>>44838164

>This + Elemental Annihilator
>>
>>44838605

Didn't help him against the half-giant Armored Hulk I'm afraid.
>>
File: 1447340238462.jpg (59 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1447340238462.jpg
59 KB, 554x439
>>44838549
>>
>>44838410
Oh yeah, it totally works. It's treated as a ranged weapon attack and doesn't have any special action types and is intended to work with any ranged weapon support feats you've got.
>>
>>44838633
So you're saying that PoW initiators have a stance that lets them out-kineticist the kineticist? Awesome.
>>
>>44838571
>>44838585
>>44838601

You lied to me, it's in the Core book as of the sixth printing at the very least.
>Indeed, extraordinary abilities do not qualify as magical, though they may break the laws of physics.
>>
What is the range of the mystic's Quell Magic?

>Quell Magic (Su): Starting at 9th level, a mystic can channel her animus to act as a sort of null-magic energy, smothering active magical effects with its flow. In order to use this ability, the mystic must have identified an ongoing spell or power through a Spellcraft check or other method. As a standard action, she can spend a number of points of animus equal to that spell or power’s level to suppress (as if by an antimagic field spell) that spell or power for a number of rounds equal to her Wisdom modifier. Time spent suppressed counts against the suppressed spell or power’s duration.

If a mystic sees, say, a sorcerer flying hundreds of feet overhead, and that sorcerer does not have Feather Fall for some reason, is the mystic entitled to a Quell Magic against the flying sorcerer?
>>
>>44838246
What in the world was inspired by gundam and biscuit hammer?
>>
>>44838689
Gunadm? Nothing specific yet.

Biscuit Hammer? Some of the reworked Sleeping Goddess and Zealot stuff. And I plan on getting more snuck in when I get a chance.
>>
>>44838024
Skull and Shackles, sorry.
>>
>>44838674
Thanks for reposting this. We're going to discuss the oversight and get back to you when we have an answer.
>>
>>44838079
What about dual PrCs, the martial equivalent of theurging?
>>
>>44838477
>Not giving us a Jack Rakan class.

You fucked up, amigo.
>>
>>44838765
Those we can have a conversation about, aye.
>>
>>44838733
Which Gundam elements? Newtypes? Beam Weaponry? G Gundam stuff? Funnels? /m/en need to know

Federation or Zeon?
>>
File: Limited Magic.png (367 KB, 428x535) Image search: [Google]
Limited Magic.png
367 KB, 428x535
Question about PF unchained...

I've been looking at some of the subsystems in it, particularly the innate bonus system for magic items, limited and wild magic, esoteric spell components vs overclocked spells, and wound thresholds.

Can anyone give me any experience they've had with this stuff? Does any of it actually make for improved gameplay or am I just going to be yanking the rug out from under my players for no good reason if I implement them?
>>
>>44838786
Jack Rakan can't be contained by anything other than Mythic Gestalt.

And he'd probably will himself up to tristalt, or something.

The Champion living legend's mind blade is a reference to Rakan's pactio card, at least.
>>
>>44838508
100% serious
>>
File: GGBadguyStart.gif (253 KB, 283x450) Image search: [Google]
GGBadguyStart.gif
253 KB, 283x450
>>44838176
Does this extend to videogames?

Fighting games, y/n?
>>
File: 1450817704993.gif (2 MB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1450817704993.gif
2 MB, 500x283
Would an oracle archetype that trades in d8 HD and 3/4 BAB for d6 HD, 1/2 BAB, 6 base skill points and an extra spell known for each spell level be balanced?

Too strong?
>>
>>44838787

I'm prepared to make real concessions if you folks meet me at the bargaining table. Less shitposting, for starters.
>>
>>44838786
Jack Rakan isn't quantifiable in any game system. They say that outright in the manga. The man is a broken videogame character.

>>44838789
A lot of the good gundam stuff is ending up in the Arcforge book anyway and Ssalarn's done a pretty good job with it so far. I have a few things I want to add myself, but I'd rather keep them a surprise.
>>
File: 1452108530952.jpg (21 KB, 328x353) Image search: [Google]
1452108530952.jpg
21 KB, 328x353
Anyone here ever converted a wild mage to pathfinders?
>>
>>44838814
Leave
>>
>>44838813
You've piqued my interest. Stat him, Forrest!

I'd say Warlord for one class, but what disciplines? Feats? Other side of the gestalt as a monk, maybe?
>>
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9gsl?Path-of-War-Expanded-Mystic

How does it feel to have the mystic BTFO by a review, DSP?
>>
>>44838815
I'm epically bad at fighting games. The closest I get is sucking at Smash Bros. I love me some tactics games though, and I enjoy how easy it is to build Fire Emblem characters with PoW. Dark Souls may have influenced me as well.
>>
>>44838863
>The closest I get is sucking at Smash Bros
Kirby discipline when?
>>
File: 0leVY9y.png (287 KB, 700x577) Image search: [Google]
0leVY9y.png
287 KB, 700x577
>>44838863

>Fire Emblem

Do you think Lucina is cute?
>>
How do I use charisma when my character is the youngest of the group and frowned down upon as unintelligent? I rolled a high Cha for my spells but i not quite sure how to use it personality wise.
>>
>>44838664
Weird, the definition on the srd doesn't say that.
>>
>>44838879
>I rolled a high Cha for my spells but i not quite sure how to use it personality wise.

People want to protect that smile.
>>
>>44838884
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Extraordinary-Abilities-Ex-

>Indeed, extraordinary abilities do not qualify as magical, though they may break the laws of physics.
>>
File: GGBaikenPls.jpg (80 KB, 620x700) Image search: [Google]
GGBaikenPls.jpg
80 KB, 620x700
>>44838863
>mfw no fightan game disciplines
>mfw I will continue to have to ghetto my way through fightan game characters with what we have

A damn shame, but at least you like fire emblem.

If it makes you feel any better, I bought an arcade stick and went from a decent-tier keyboard warrior to a literal flailing retard.
>>
File: Tharja.jpg (13 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Tharja.jpg
13 KB, 210x240
>>44838872
I have other favorites.
>>
File: The_Prince.jpg (14 KB, 346x253) Image search: [Google]
The_Prince.jpg
14 KB, 346x253
KATAMARI MAGE WHEN?
>>
>>44838902
I see, I've always referred to the special abilities page for that.
>>
>>44838879
I know this feel sort of.

>take some drug that gives me +2 Cha
>whenever I try to use it to my advantaged dm rules that I fail because I'm high
THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU GIVE ME A "bonus" IN THE FIRST PLACE
>>
>>44838870
Raging Cannibal or Flesheater Barbarian?
>>
>>44838857
Let us say that it was expected, considering the source, and that certain noted problems have been solved in the final that weren't in the individual PDF. And then let us leave it at that, because I'm being diplomatic.

>>44838829
Well, why don't we start with what you're looking for out of more theurges. What do the current two (three if we're counting mage hunter?) not offer for you?
>>
>>44838863

>no FFT or TO

but really
>>
>>44838870
Kirby does one thing and that thing is very hard to translate to a full discipline. I have major respect for anyone who would dare attempt such a task. It's far beyond my humble skills.
>>
>>44838920
quit making the threads early, you fuck.
>>
File: blatant lies.jpg (136 KB, 600x876) Image search: [Google]
blatant lies.jpg
136 KB, 600x876
>>44838856
If I were to stat him in 3.x, it would be as a Factotum//Wizard/Abjurant Champion/etc.

If I were to stat him in PF, it'd be as a Warlord//Wizard. He can deal with the MAD, since his stats would be insane.

In either case, he's getting Iron Heart Surge. He'll IHS it into Pathfinder as a houserule if he needs to.

Overall, I view the most important part of his character, even above his fighting skill and his charisma, to be his general intuition and insight into how magic and fighting works. He is an incredible mage, even if he rarely demonstrates it (and covers it up with bluffs and bluster when he actually /does/). Dude's smart and versatile.

He just doesn't need it most of the time.
>>
File: 1419370786474.gif (1 MB, 663x603) Image search: [Google]
1419370786474.gif
1 MB, 663x603
>>44838920

>Elric is a fan of Tharja

Elric please, your taste should be better.
>>
>>44838931
Promethean Alchemist. The Alchemist takes Hamatula Strike, has piercing armor spikes, and takes Overrun feats.

The Homunculus is the Prince.
>>
>>44838920
>Tharja

Wow, that is the most casual of casual tiers.
>>
>>44838951
I haven't added anything from those series into PoW yet so I didn't list them.

>>44838963
What thread?

>>44838976
>>44838988
Eh, I find her amusing.
>>
>>44838815

Please make one based on Sol. The only fire themed thing is Solar Wind, really and it's ranged I also do not like it. We need burning fists and fire paladins with blazing swords.
>>
>>44838961
But how else am I supposed to poke at you sucking at Smash?
>>
>>44838920
Do you have a husbando?

>>44838963
/feg/ pls
>>
File: 1418521657981.jpg (85 KB, 749x720) Image search: [Google]
1418521657981.jpg
85 KB, 749x720
>>44839006
>Eh, I find her amusing.

You know who's even better?

Nowi.
>>
>>44838976
>>44839006
>>44838920
>>44838872

I respect all of your opinions but this is exactly why I do not play Fire Emblem anymore, besides the games being really basic and their RNG retarded. Guess I'm too much of an SE fan.
>>
>>44839041
I don't go into /feg/, and I've never actually made a thread.

No I don't have a husbando. Nor do I have a waifu. I just like Tharja more than the other options in that game. She's the only one that consistently makes me laugh in her conversations.
>>
>>44839047
>Implying Cherche isn't absolute best.
>>
>>44839047
Nah
>>
File: OnePunch.jpg (76 KB, 590x408) Image search: [Google]
OnePunch.jpg
76 KB, 590x408
>>44838969

>Iron Heart Surge.jpg

But yeah, I wondered about Rakan and then thought about what he'd done.

Rule systems are about as well-equipped to handle Rakan as they are Saitama.
>>
> idea I have for a discipline requires it to accumulate combo points from marking enemies and using strikes/counters
> realize it works better as a class feature but could be busted when implemented on other disciplines

How do you guys keep from getting frustrated?
>>
>>44839122
I mean, technically speaking, what he did in the page I posted was analyze the pocket dimension he was in, figure out that it wasn't rated for extremely high gravity, and then generated a /black hole/ using magic.

His later stuff is totally Iron Heart Surge though.
>>
>>44839131
Easy
>make discipline and the combo point systemas a class feature
>It only works with certain disciplines
>make feat or something to add other disciplines to system
>>
>>44838948

>Well, why don't we start with what you're looking for out of more theurges. What do the current two (three if we're counting mage hunter?) not offer for you?

From the divine or religious side, it's nice to have the typical buffy/defensive divine bulwark. What's missing could be:

1) The hyper-zealous, self-righteous "inquisitor" (not the class, necessarily, more the role) that goes in for purging the heretics, "playing with prey" by crippling enemies before killing them, etc.

2) The Demagogue (something like Bard/initiator or Inquisitor/initiator) that proselytizes against enemies and ruins their abilities and morale

On the Arcane side, you've got the classic Eldritch Knight type, but it might be interesting to see:

1) Mage who foregoes fighting in combat personally, but uses telekinetic weapons/phantom soldiers to fight for him and deliver maneuvers.

2) The crazy guy who gets kicked out of Arcane College conferences for trying to publish his paper "Martial power and magic all come from the same source!" etc. etc. and who tries to experiment with it. I'd see this one as an alchemist prestige class who thinks to himself "I can already basically bottle spells, why I can't bottle the knowledge to carry out a maneuver?" or the like.

3. The aforementioned rune-based idea. This is like the "trap" user of initiating or I guess the artificer kind. Can't use maneuvers on their own, but could imbue them in objects or runes that are used or triggered to go off.
>>
>>44839122
Saitama discipline when?

>OK
>Caped Baldy 3
>Counter
>Allows user to ignore all mind-effecting abilities, spells, or powers, as well as [emotion] effects.
>>
>>44839195

I would like it to be part of the discipline instead but I feel like that would make you disappointed self too involved compared to most of the other existing ones. It does not work as a stance either because this is something I want to be used proactively across every maneuver the player chooses to use with that discipline.

I could do your suggestion but then I would need to make a class and that adds a lot to my already cobsiderable DM work load.
>>
>>44839252

>discipline itself too involved

Thanks phone
>>
>>44839199

Or the Druid whose animal companion died, causing him to swear vengeance on civilization and take up the sword of nature.

Gruul clans, basically.
>>
>>44839015

Look up Elemental Flux.
>>
>>44839252
Could make it something like the animus part of elemental flux
>>
>>44839199

>1) The hyper-zealous, self-righteous "inquisitor" (not the class, necessarily, more the role) that goes in for purging the heretics, "playing with prey" by crippling enemies before killing them, etc.

What mechanical niche would this require that isn't already supported by the existing classes plus roleplay? Honestly this is really a roleplay thing.

>2) The Demagogue (something like Bard/initiator or Inquisitor/initiator) that proselytizes against enemies and ruins their abilities and morale

Bards are arcane, and inquistors don't really go in for debuffing. This concept can also be largely supported by Cursed Razor and Eternal Guardian on their own.

>1) Mage who foregoes fighting in combat personally, but uses telekinetic weapons/phantom soldiers to fight for him and deliver maneuvers.

Psychic Armory Soulknife has what you need.

>2) The crazy guy who gets kicked out of Arcane College conferences for trying to publish his paper "Martial power and magic all come from the same source!" etc. etc. and who tries to experiment with it. I'd see this one as an alchemist prestige class who thinks to himself "I can already basically bottle spells, why I can't bottle the knowledge to carry out a maneuver?" or the like.

So... Polymath Alchemist or Investigator? There's also already "maneuver potions" available as a crafting option in Steelforge. They're called Martial Elixirs.

>
3. The aforementioned rune-based idea. This is like the "trap" user of initiating or I guess the artificer kind. Can't use maneuvers on their own, but could imbue them in objects or runes that are used or triggered to go off.

Animus Adept prestige class. Also, not really a "martial" thing, better supported through just straight spellcasting options. Spells are passive, maneuvers are /active/.
>>
>>44839337

>What mechanical niche would this require that isn't already supported by the existing classes plus roleplay? Honestly this is really a roleplay thing.

Fine, I'll grant you this overall, but there's still no way for me to combine my inquisitor judgments with maneuvers in new and interesting ways.

>Bards are arcane, and inquistors don't really go in for debuffing. This concept can also be largely supported by Cursed Razor and Eternal Guardian on their own.

Again, the disciplines are great, but they aren't the same as new class features or expansions on class abilities that would also synergies with maneuvers.

> Psychic Armory Soulknife has what you need.

But what if I don't want to use psionics or want to use the class features of a martial adept as well as arcane casting? Jade Phoenix Mage was a thing, for example.

>So... Polymath Alchemist or Investigator? There's also already "maneuver potions" available as a crafting option in Steelforge. They're called Martial Elixirs.

Again, I don't want to trade things out as archetypes. I want to be able to combine the abilities of two classes in new and interesting ways rather than simply go from 1-->20 in the same class, or even have the joy of a character being exposed to a new phenomenon, find it interesting, and then try mixing it with the stuff he started out with.
>>
Does the Sensei Monk archetype do much to offset how MAD monks are? I realise that I'll be basically playing a Bard of a different flavour, and am okay with that.
>>
>>44839449

I should add, if you don't like the ideas, then fine, that's your right. But I do think you should admit that there is validity in having something be a PrC as opposed to an archetype.
>>
>>44839337

Warlord/Bard PrC combining bardic performance and gambits would be dope.
>>
>>44837103
Warsoul. Discipline Weapon Shapes. Gives you access to all non-heavy firearms just like that.

That means mosin-nagants, stun pistols, muskets, particle beams (arc rifles), cannons, ice beams, and lasers

You can either splash (preferably as human) 4 levels of Aegis with SotAS and Fighter's Blade, or you could go for a mech, but that can be a little bit more complex (to explain in a post I mean). One thing, in a mech a crystalline focus item would take up a weapon slot (oh boo hoo, we can live with that)
>>
>>44838846
I would if they were faggots outside of tabletop.
>>
>>44837997
What I did for kineticist:

* Burn is reset to 0 between battles
* Elemental overflow: Increase to hit and damage to +1/+2d6 per point of burn to a max of 1/3 her level/+(2/3 level)d6
* Internal Buffer lets you ignore the harmful effects of 1 burn at level 6, plus one more point every 5 levels after. You still get any bonuses you have for having burn
* Defense talents give bonuses based on current burn and not burn spent to activate it specifically (although you can still activate it separately if desired)

It's still inadequate, but it helps. If I was to re-write them entirely, I would change burn but I do like the risk/reward concept and would allow the character to take some sort of penalties for increased effect.
>>
>>44837931
Dude don't do that to a newbie. Nobody deserves the kineticist who doesn't work at paizo (JJ doesn't deserve to ever play anything else, and should be surrounded by well played oracles and clerics at all times whenever he wants to try to beuseful)

An Aegis does ALL of these things better and cheaper, and its ranged attack customizations are roughly on par with the kineticist.

Which is NOT a good thing, because they suck, and were explicitly designed as a backup weapon. Something a melee augments for when the dragon won't come down, or that you use if someone sundered your favorite longbow and you don't wanna spend 2-3 turns on astral repair to bring it back online mid-fight.

From there a power-stone or item with permanent base level force-armor on it is dirt cheap, as is a force-screen (well a bit less cheap). Aegis gets excellent flight, whereas soulknives can start on dimension dervish at like level 4.
>>
File: KoFKensou.jpg (194 KB, 600x906) Image search: [Google]
KoFKensou.jpg
194 KB, 600x906
>>44839015
To be honest, the main thing I want to port over from fighting games is pic-related. I want to port my zoning faggotry to pathfinder, but I don't think any class can actually emulate it properly.

For the uninitiated, pic related is a cheeky, fireball-spamming, windmill-kicking faggot. He shoots energy balls to control enemy movement, and can fire one and run after it for followup.
>>
>>44839664

So if they're not faggots outside of tabletop than they'll understand 100% if you just aren't interested in the game, the worst they'll do is say "man, anon was being a little pissy about [thing]" and go back to doing their thing.

Or just play a non-initiator, last I heard the Paladin is pretty cool.
>>
>>44839449
>no way for me to combine my inquisitor judgments with maneuvers in new and interesting ways.

That's because Judgements /can't/ be combined in new and interesting ways with... anything really. They're +numbers abilities, that's it. They don't have any capability to interact with anything outside of the numbers they add to your sheet.

>Jade Phoenix Mage was a thing, for example.

And Jade Phoenix Mage doesn't allow you to telekinetically wield weapons either. The Psychic Armory does, and it can be combined with the archetype that allows you to initiate, giving you exactly what you asked for.

Mechanically, the Jade Phoenix Mage largely lives on in the Bladecaster and it's fluff is largely present in the Phoenix Champion.

>Again, I don't want to trade things out as archetypes.

But you're willing to trade them out for levels in a PrC. Even IF something like what you wanted were to be written, it wouldn't just be "take all these class features from both classes, go nuts." You still have to give things up. You might find things more to your liking by using gestalt instead of PrCs.

>>44839471
Anon, please understand that I'm trying to help you. Some concepts do work better as PrCs and some work better as archetypes, but there's really no benefit to doing the same concept twice. What you're asking for can already be done with existing materials we already wrote. They may not exist exactly the way you want them to, but those concepts are present and functional at everything you've suggested writing entirely new material for.
>>
>>44839736
>aegis
1pp bro, I'm trying to help with 1pp.
>>
>>44838079
Don't worry dude. Most of us are behind you on this one.

Last thing any of us wanna see is a Wizard God-of-Speed-Stance-ing his own fucking timestop.
>>
>>44838786
Have you heard about the Psychic Armory?
>>
>>44839766
In that case anyone with a longbow is a better elemental blaster than a kineticist.
>>
>>44839935
But are they better at being Iron man than a Kineticist?
>>
>>44840259
Well iron man is supposed to be competent so yeah.
>>
>>44840281
Touche.
>>
>>44840259
If they wear armor.... yes.
As unfortunate as that is, yes.

Longbows are just a weapon choice. Handful of feats and they're top of the line. You can focus your class, race, everything else on whatever the fuck you want.

Meanwhile a kineticist HAS to be as kineticist as possible, the right kineticist races, the right kineticist class (hint: kineticist), the right kineticist feats, and ALL THIS just to try and catch up on the deficiency in his supposed primary role: That of blasting shit.

All those other class abilities they get are things others can get elsewhere, but *without* the added cost of needing two to three times as much feat/class/item investment to be combat-viable (not even great, just viable!) even though they 'pay' for their blasting because it's "so good" according to designers.
>>
File: 1445621209708.png (1 MB, 1080x1444) Image search: [Google]
1445621209708.png
1 MB, 1080x1444
So last game I got a little salty. For what seems like the tenth time in a row the Boss of the dungeon was not defeated by us. Our DM has a really, really bad habit of introducing god-like NPCs and having our adventures be nothing more than to weaken or draw out all the interesting foes and let the NPCs in-universe "rescue" us from our plight and kill the Boss instead. It's been absolutely infuriating. So much so that I actually started packing up when it happened again. Like, what the fuck do you even say to shit like this? We were promised a "heroic" adventure, but so far none of us are feeling very heroic getting saved left and right by NPCs. Even the other players are getting tired of this shit.

So there I was, getting salty and butthurt, again. Actually ready to never play with this guy again. And then the NPC in question, a Fey Queen, offers us a boon each. The Sorcerer gets his/her curse lifted (long story). The Rogue has his family's lease to the Faeries extended (longer story). I have about 12 different sarcastic lines I want to throw out (the Queen's being meta and responding to me OOC as well so she knows "I'm" pissed off, even if in-character my Paladin isn't), but I hold my tongue, and instead take the opportunity to ask her to make my bastard sword better (DM also banned two-handed weapons and refuses not to give me only magic hammers, but let the bstrd sword slide since I spent a feat).

So she made it into a Vorpal Bastard Sword.

This...complicated things. I understand how broken this is (we're only level 8, and drastically under-funded going by WBL), and finally getting a magic sword was a wonderful moment...but then the DM went and 1) Mocked me, saying it wasn't like I nat20 anyway, and 2) acted like the Fae Queen pitied me.

How salty should I be at this? I want to be happy with the sword…but the baggage attached is still eating at me since the game.
>>
>>44840331
If you're not having fun, tell the GM why and let them know you won't be returning to the game. Be an adult about it and make sure to stay polite and respectful. But no game is worth playing if you aren't having fun.
>>
>>44840331
>DM also banned two-handed weapons
WHY ARE YOU PLAYING WITH THIS JOKER
>>
>>44840331

Why would a Vorpal sword fix all the bullshit it took to get it? Leave the game but be polite about it, just say things aren't working out.

There are so many better games out there, or hell just better things to do with your time.
>>
>>44839935
>is a better elemental blaster
That's not being a blaster.

That's being a fucker with fucking longbow.
>>
>>44840482
"I shoot them for damage all day" and "I shoot them for damage all day" is a matter of fluff, anon.
>>
>>44840482
Magic weapons, magic ammo.
>>
>>44840331

>This DM is being a little shitter, the game isn't fun, my character is dead to me and I was literally seconds away from leaving forever
>But I just got a Vorpal sword so I guess I should stay

Don't let shiny loot stray you from the path, when the novelty of a weapon that only works on Nat 20s wears off you're gonna be back to despising the game.

The DM mocked you while giving it, for pete's sake.
>>
>>44840331
>Dude. The only heroes in this campaigns are your DM PCs. We've been nothing but the damsels in distress. We didn't sign up to be plot-captured and plot-saved like princess fucking peach. STOP. MASTURBATING.
>>
So, my dm accidentally okayed me playing a centaur without realizing how powerful they are. The group rolled with it, and by the time the dm realized, everyone was on board. I'm now or party's hero unit.

Give me some ideas for fun, silly builds I can do with this without ruining everyone else's fun. Nobody wants to base themselves around riding me. I'm not too concerned with optimization, since I'll be powerful no matter what. My current build is a spirit archetyped summoner who summons a lance-welding reidalon.
>>
>>44840506
>>44840512

No it's not. Re-fluffing only goes so fucking far. I wish delusional faggots here would understand that.

There is a world of fucking difference between

"I inherently shoot ki-blasts" and "I use an expensive ass magic weapon+ammo" to shoot fire.
>>
>>44840506
>>44840512

There's a difference between fluff for a class and fluff for an item.

Calling your bow an energy pulsar is a bit harder to swallow than saying your Barbarian is actually just a shock trooper unleashing a martial trance.
>>
File: akarin haha what.jpg (45 KB, 448x570) Image search: [Google]
akarin haha what.jpg
45 KB, 448x570
>>44840331
>(DM also banned two-handed weapons and refuses not to give me only magic hammers, but let the bstrd sword slide since I spent a feat)
Who would do this
>>
File: 1437663956062.jpg (56 KB, 762x388) Image search: [Google]
1437663956062.jpg
56 KB, 762x388
>>44840331
How the fuck do you even ban 2 handed weapons. what in the fuck.

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>44840331
>Implying you'll get to use that vorpal sword.
You know you'll get cinematic-disabled and it'll at best be used on you.
Like the little bitch he's decided you must be.
>>
>>44840548

Skald.

Become the drunken hoofed hedonist you are meant to be be wary of HORSE DICK.
>>
>>44840331
You should slap your DM. Seriously what a douchebag.
>>
>>44840482
Magic weapons.
You'll do more elemental damage. Seriously.
It's THAT bad.
>>
>>44840557
Unless your GM is the sort who commonly throws you in cells and takes your stuff, or sunders things, then there is very little difference between:

>I can use both of my hands to draw a bow (as part of a move action) and shoot for 1d8 damage plus my Strength (from the heavy draw of the bow)

>I can use both of my hands together to shoot a hadouken for 1d8 damage plus my Strength (which is proportional to the heavy training I've done to enhance my Ki). Powering up requires a move action or sets up as a move action
>>
>>44840548
There is actually a racial cavalier archetype for Centaurs. It's based around not having a rider since you are basically your own rider.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/cavalier/archetypes/paizo---cavalier-archetypes/charger-centaur
>>
>>44838526
>what is Broken Blade
>what is Primal Fury
inb4 "overpowered"
>>
>>44840548
I should also mention that I find pure martial incredibly boring to play,unless they have a shition of skills.
>>
>>44840541

At least if you were princess peach you'd have a natural fly speed, feather fall at will, and some skill with improvised weaponry (including your butt for some reason?).

These guys sound like being Princess Peach would be a step up.

How does one best play a princess in PF, anyway?
>>
>>44840362
>>44840466
Yeah, I think it's time to find a new game. It's hard because my best friend and fellow-GM in other games is one of the players. Maybe I can get him to leave too, but his sister's dating the DM, so it would be awkward for him.

>>44840477
>>44840522
I think it's like one of those women who "can't leave him". He gave me a Vorpal sword at level 8. Even still, I'm still mad.

>>44840541
I'll find a nicer/polite way to say this, but this, yeah.

>>44840564
>>44840565
It was either "There's so little iron in-setting that greatswords are impractical". Or, "Paladin orders in-setting only use longswords and hammers, and are conservative enough to make sure you never used one in training. They think it's dishonorable and only used by bandits".

We've never seen two-handed sword wielding bandits, and I could afford full plate, so I call bullshit.

>>44840602
Well, since it looks like I'm taking my dice elsewhere I wouldn't get to use it anyway. But yeah, that's sounds like him.

Thanks for the advice anons. You've been good to me.
>>
>>44840671
>then there is very little difference between:

Except for the fact one has you shooting energy blasts from your hands and the other has you shooting arrows from a bow.
>>
>>44840556
It's not refluffing when you can literally have infinite multi-elemental ammo with your infinite magical fucking bow. Which, unlike crossbows, you might even be able to graft to yourself in various ways, so that you not only blast elements all day, you hit like a goddamn cannon.
>>
>>44838969
What even is Iron Heart Surge?
>>
>>44840708
Probably aristocrat.
>>
>>44840671
YES THERE FUCKING IS BECAUSE THE BOW CAN BE SUNDERED!

YES GTHERE FUCKIGN IS BECAUSE THE BOW CAN BE STOLEN

YES THERE FUYCKING IS BECAUSE THE BOW NEEEDS ARROWS

YES THERE FUCKING IS BECAUSE THE BOW COSTS FUCKING MONEY

YES I AM FUCKING MAD YOU OBTUSE FUCKING NIGGER
>>
>>44840556
>>44840557
All he said was "elemental blaster." Flaming and Shocking Arrows will blast someone. With elements. I didn't even say anything about fluff, I just supported the previous statement made, that Fighter with a Longbow is better than Kineticist.
>>
Can anyone help me with forgeworks? Trying to build a transforming weapon. My understanding is that I essentially buy two weapons with the quality. If I want a Greatsword/Glaive where the Greatsword is Triple Impacting and the Glaive is honed and jagged and I also want a +1 keen magic enchancement, how do I stat that out?
>>
>>44837103
Spherecaster Elementalist?

They can do decent damage cuz of their favored elements, and at level 7, you can just get a fly speed forever no issues.

Plus, they're a 3/4 BAB class, get all good saves, and get evasion/Improved evasion as well as some combat feats.
>>
>>44840718
>Bandits
>Two-Handers
>Not clubs, daggers, shortswords and self-bows

Yeah I'd call bullshit
>>
>>44840719
So this is literally about your inability to conceive of refluffing being valid. Okay, that's good to know.

>>44840727
>Unless your GM is the sort who commonly throws you in cells and takes your stuff, or sunders things
>Spend some money, upgrade over time, fluff as whatever.
>Mundane arrow tracking

So basically, my point is, "unless your DM is a shit who enforces mundane ammunition tracking and actively goes after your gear, there's very little difference and a refluff is simple."

In your games, it apparently wouldn't work.
>>
>>44840727
>Iron man's armor can't be sundered
>Iron man's armor can't be stolen
>Iron man's armor doesn't require some kind of ammunition/energy
>Iron man's armor is free
>>
>>44840723
>Your fighting spirit, dedication, and training allow you to overcome almost anything to defeat your enemies. When you use this maneuver, select one spell, effect, or other condition currently affecting you and with a duration of 1 or more rounds. That effect ends immediately. You also surge with confidence and vengeance against your enemies, gaining a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

A poorly-worded 3rd-level maneuver from Tome of Battle.
>>
>>44840719
That's the entire idea behind refluffing, if something is mechanically similar enough there's no reason you can't re-conceptualize it in-game as something else.
I agree that longbow = energy blasts is a pretty extreme case though.
>>
>>44840793
>Yes it can.
>Yes it can.
>Yes it does, Stark's just a supergenius that made it himself
>No it isn't, Stark is just a fucking multibillionaire.
>>
>>44840828
Then how is it different than the supposed bow refluff?
>>
>>44838920
>Elric's a filthy Tharjafag
Goddamit, you were so close to beating Gareth in the popularity contests too. Go play FE7 and get a REAL enjoyable character.
>>
>>44840828
I think you missed the point
>>
>>44840773
Hope you don't mean for him to use destruction sphere.

It's trash. Low damage trash. Another fine example of "except that same character could grab a magic bow and hit harder", unfortunately.
>>
>>44840822
Yeah, wow. It is a very extreme case. However, that's not to say that it doesn't function.

I've played plenty of characters with heavy refluffing, from stuff like a wizard as someone with technological gadgets to things like a character with the ghost template as a normal human with psychic powers. Even did a 3.5 changeling with some multiclassing as a liquid-metal terminator type of android.

I don't see why it'd be an issue to do that. I /do/ see why it wouldn't feel the same, though. Refluffing a longbow feels like admitting defeat when you're looking for real blasting.
>>
File: CentaurArcher.png (599 KB, 781x750) Image search: [Google]
CentaurArcher.png
599 KB, 781x750
>>44840707
>Lance-toting Skald, sing warsongs and charge with your allies
>Lance-toting Destined Bloodrager with the racial feat for using lances, get leadership and get a cohort willing to ride your back and provide covering fire, preferably a bard
>Lance-toting Magus, because fuck you I am a centaur who can use a lance one-handed.
>alternatively, get a longbow for any class and be a walking arrow storm
>bonus points if you get a cohort who rides you and also shoots a longbow
>>
>>44840887

Longbow reminds me of that bit in Centaur's Worries.
>>
>>44840682
Aren't those the ones getting nerfed?
>>
>>44840875

But anon, I don't WANT to be a bow-user, I want to shoot energy out of my palms all day!
>>
>>44840865
You're god damn fucking right.
Canas is best Elder Magic-user.

>>44840875
Elementalists are much less terrible, due to the flat scaling damage bonuses they get. Plus, you could get a 'staff' that's just a glove.
>>
Wow, all this Kinetophobia. Crazy.
>>
>>44840964
Then ask your GM to give you the ability to shoot energy out of your palms all day in a manner that is mechanically indistinguishable from using a longbow
>>
>>44840865
I never wanted to be in a popularity contest anyway? Like really, I don't get it.
>>
File: Canas.png (74 KB, 483x320) Image search: [Google]
Canas.png
74 KB, 483x320
>>44840865

Ah, Canas.

The elder god-tier magic user of the entire fucking series.

Killed by continuity errors.
>>
>>44841012

Honestly, I recognize Kineticist is bad but I need perspective on just how bad it is in real games.

Which sounds like an insult but it's true, you guys are fun but y'all operate on a completely different level than anyone else.
>>
>>44840766
Bumping this question
>>
>>44841049
>Killed a snowstorm
>>
>>44841077

>Literally became a legend
>>
File: LoLEzreal02.jpg (347 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
LoLEzreal02.jpg
347 KB, 1215x717
>>44840964
Ask your GM to give you a magic gauntlet that fires energy bolts, but otherwise functions exactly like a bow.

Boom, done.

>>44841061
I seriously don't get why people don't just homebrew burn and make them full BAB if that's "all the class actually needs". What kind of faggot GMs do you retards even have?
>>
>>44840727
And every time the Kineticist wants to do something that matters he brings himself closer to death FOR THE ENTIRE DAY. IRREVERSIBLY.
>>
>>44841092
Well I mean that sounds PRETTY LEGENDARY to me.
>>
File: Scurve.png (911 KB, 1366x770) Image search: [Google]
Scurve.png
911 KB, 1366x770
>>44840828
One flew over the anon's head
>>
>>44841113
Still need some way to handle the defensive talents in that case to prevent from getting infinite HP from force ward
>>
>>44840801
With this, could I end my vampire character's damage in sunlight?
>>
>>44840964
Then 3pp or bust. Easily done with Warsouls, Mystics, Wilders (though that's out of your 'head' I guess), Daevics, Viziers(warning:notallthatgoodbutstillbetterthankineticist) even Aegis...

But 1pp PUNISHES you for wanting this.
>>
>>44841113
Daily reminder that the majority of people who play Pathfinder either consider 1pp balance to be non-issue(and often blanket ban homebrew and 3pp on grounds of "balance" as well) or are just fine with it being unbalanced.
>>
>>44841165
Some people would argue that doing that ends the /sun/.
>>
>player hears how good barbarians are
>he absolutely refuses to rage because he's convinced -2 AC will fuck him up completely
>WHY DOES BARBARIAN SUCK SO MUCH I COULD JUST PLAY A FIGHTER
>>
>>44841165
Yes, you would also destroy the sun.

And DSP brought it back with Riven Hour Glass, even worse than it was before.
>>
>>44841113
I plan to.
For starters burn won't be 1 point non-lethal per level (hells, that's as bad as the Truenamer getting worse as he levels up), just make it a flat point. Still a problem, but not as much in higher levels.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.